PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars TV Show Confirmed

PneumaZ
22 March 2005, 06:35 AM
Hi all, I just read on scifi wire that there is confirmation from the Lucas camp that there will be a Star Wars TV show. There is speculation on exaclty what it might be (animated, live action, etc...) but that there will definitely be one and that they are still deciding in which time to set the show up.

If you would like to read it, follow the link or go to scifi.com. Greatness!!!
Blue Skies!

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=30673

Darth Fierce
22 March 2005, 07:35 AM
There's actually been rumors that there will be two Star Wars TV shows...an animated one (not just the Clone Wars microseries) and a live-action one.

Darth Fierce :vader:

Reverend Strone
22 March 2005, 03:06 PM
Look for an announcement at CIII I reckon, or if not, then immediiately after Ep III's release.

IzVenjari
22 March 2005, 04:20 PM
Wicked!!!! Two shows would be great - there's something special about animation - Clone Wars' series excluded from that :( - i'm not a big fan of five minute shows - but in general - animation rocks - and live action would be awesome too - maybe in the tradition of Stargate and Stargate Atlantis - just the style of course :) - good acting, nice sets, interesting storylines - and not in the tradition of Star Trek, which gets old very quick.

Midnight_Marauder
26 March 2005, 11:50 AM
Hmm...I never heard of any Star Wars TV show coming out. That would be cool if the TV show came out right after EP. III, so I could have something to occupy my time when I'm bored after coming home from school...:D

Reverend Strone
26 March 2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Midnight_Marauder
Hmm...I never heard of any Star Wars TV show coming out. That would be cool if the TV show came out right after EP. III, so I could have something to occupy my time when I'm bored after coming home from school...:D

The live action show is expected to debut in 2006. They haven't started shooting it yet, so there will be a wait of at least a year I would imagine.

Master Dao Rin
30 March 2005, 10:18 PM
Do you think a Special Edition of The Holiday Special is in order?

:D

Jedi Cahlwyn
31 March 2005, 07:06 AM
Well, nothing has been made "official". Just a lot of "we're looking into..." Until it premieres, I'd take any statements and posts with a grain of salt.

Now, IF they do a Live-Action series... I really hope they either do a KotOR Era or a Jedi Academy type of thing. Darth Vader murdering Jedi each week is a weak concept for a series.

I think they should start with Padawan near the end of their training and get them Knighted, etc as they move on with the series. IF it lasts 8+ years, then make them Masters. LOTS of potential.

They could do the Solo children and all that stuff in the Young Jedi Knights academy. :) Good stuff!

cheshire
31 March 2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Master Dao Rin
Do you think a Special Edition of The Holiday Special is in order?

:D

I think that would include Lucas rounding up every last one of the bootleg copies, tossing them into a raging bonfire, laughing manically, and screaming "THIS IS THE WAY I ALWAYS WANTED IT TO BE! AAAAH HA HA HA HA HA!"

Nightsider
31 March 2005, 02:34 PM
I would like to see the new series set after the NJO series. The creators would be in all-new, open territory, and could create original new charcters to carry on the Star Wars legacy. It would be nice to have old characters like Luke show up every once in a while to give them a little help and advice along the way, ala Obi-Wan.

:isd:

jedi_lucky
7 April 2005, 11:11 AM
a star wars show would be awesome and i would love to see it done in the NJO but i dont think it would be possible for tv!

lucky
:daala: