PDA

View Full Version : Sigma Squad: Darkness Rising (IC)

TK-195
28 March 2005, 04:22 PM
As you all file into the room, you see four pilots and 3 medics seated in the breifing room. In front of you stands a clone with a long, thin scar running down his face from his left ear to the right side of his face. "Welcome brothers. Glad you could make it. As most of you know, the Corellian Run is one of the most frequently travelled space lanes and it leads right to Coruscant. In any galaxy-wide war, the Corellian Run is a vital lane to have in your posession. This means, lucky for us, we are winning this war while still controlling the Corellina Run. However, we have reason to believe that the Speratists are planning an offensive to take the planets in the Corellian Run. These planets are Ryloth, Geonosis, Tatooine, Ando, Rodia, Corellia, and even Coruscant itself. As of now, this ship is your home. The Defender is an Acclamator Assault ship. You will have 3 LAAT/i gunships at your disposal. Omega squad will also be stationed here. Your mission as of today is to stop the sepie's from taking over the Run. You will be acting in complete covertness. Now, let me introduce you to your new squadmates.” He presses a button on a datapad and talks into it. “Send them in.” The dorr you came in through opens up and 4 clones step in. Dressed in their uniform-white Katarn armor, the commandos take their helmets off and hold them at their sides. “In my haste to brief you I forgot to introduce myself. I am Lt. Casrin. And this is Omega squad.” He motions towards the clones. “Meet Fi, Darman, Niner, and Atin.” Niner steps forward. “Glad to meet you Sigma's. I hope after this we can meet in the ship's tapcafe and just chat.” Casrin presses a button and a duracrete building appears with a triangular-shaped plastisteel object in top. “Your first mission is on Ryloth. We have detected a base on the nightside of the planet. Your objectives are to insert yourselves into the base. Once your are in. Find the war rooms and hack into the tactical display database. Then extract ALL files onto a datapad. This way we can know what planet the Seperatist's are planning on attacking next on the Corellian Run. Be warned: there ARE active hostiles in this base. Take out as amny as you can. You will be inserted with Omega by LAAT/i gunships. Seeing as this base is located on the nightside of the planet, everything you request will be sprayed matte black with a can of reflec. I think that covers everything.....any questions?”

(OOC: Reflec gives you a +2 bouns on all Hide checks)

TK-195
30 March 2005, 03:30 PM
(OOC: some of your HUD info. sorry for all the messyness if you have any questions pm them to me.)

darth_phobeius
30 March 2005, 03:55 PM
[Raises hand]
"Excuse me sir, what operating level is the objective computer system?"

TK-195
30 March 2005, 03:57 PM
Casrin turns to look at you. "High level trooper. you will need to use the best you have to hack this."

TK-195
30 March 2005, 03:58 PM
(OOC: the last map)

kreat
30 March 2005, 04:29 PM
[raises hand]
"Any estimate on the size or capabilities of hostiles in the area?" Grumpy asks with a slight tone of annoyance.

Stormrider
30 March 2005, 04:55 PM
You see a clone commando exactly identical to rest of you, Except shorter , He stood Five feet tall at the most, This was MT-296 or Dagger as he prefered to be called when the officers were not around, He looked cheerful as he listened to the briefing
Daggers voice was cheerful as he spoke out, "Sir what kind of Equipment do we have access to? A slight grin was as always spread across the clones face. "Also is there a limit on the time we have to complete the mission?"

CaamasiJedi49
30 March 2005, 06:25 PM
PA-238, or Papi as he likes to say, sat in silence, listening to his squad mates questions. But in the back of his mind, he was more worried about what defences they hit on Ryloth. How large is the base? Is it a refuel outpost or just an oupost? A sector base even? Is this a high traffic area for Seps, or just a minor outpost to extend its influence in the Outer RIm? Do they have a fleet posted in the system? A DCS (Droid Control Ship)? The questions swirled in his head over and over. Finally, He raises his hand, "What kind of base are we dealing with, I mean, how much resistance will we be up against? Will enemy ships even be invloved?"

TK-195
31 March 2005, 06:53 AM
Casrin scans the room. "My anret you all an inquisitive bunch. You will be up agaisnt super battle droids. Thats all we can tell for now although there has to be more. That is becuase this base is around medium size and strenght. As you can seee from the plans on your HUD, there are 2 turrets on the roof you might need to take out before entering. You will have access to everything we have. Although our armorer will have to talk to you about that. No enemy ships are in orbit or on the planet. This base was ment to be covert until activated. We would like you all to finish this as soon as possible. Also if you can take any hostages that would be nice. Medium resisctance at max becuase they won't be expecting you."

max ordo
31 March 2005, 07:22 AM
CC-420 sits and listens to the briefing, patient as always. Lets finish up the questions, get our gear and get a move on. There are Seppies to take out he thinks to himself.

xiphias
31 March 2005, 07:48 AM
RC-730, or Romeo to his brothers, had been silent since the briefing had begun. He stirred slightly, looking over the plans on the HUD and musing. 730 knew it was not his place to start asking questions of tactical nature - he would be assigned a certain set of tasks to perform during the mission and he would complete them with the utmost efficiency. But something was troubling him.

"And the situation of the communications system?" he asks, his helmet still on, a faceless machine of death among many other machines of death. He knew what could be accomplished with both an enemy comm system up and down, beyond tricking the enemy when the comms were up or cutting off their communications altogether and leaving them blind. The most important thing was the droids, and how they were networked, how they could be forced to act independently. He would have to talk to Gig on what they both would need to do about these issues.

Romeo also could feel the nagging gut feeling that the rest of the squad shared. They'd learned from mistakes of past missions, all squads had: How good was that intel? How old was it? Did they do the scans themselves or buy it off an informant who was working for the Seppies anyways? Sigma Squad should be out there doing the intel themselves first. But then again, the Lieutenant had said that the mission had to be completed as soon as possible.

He'd make sure to request a few probes for his belt to do some on-site surveillance. And a few extra EMP grenades. And perhaps a.. he had to remind himself not to get too obsessed with the gear he was going to carry. Sometimes he feared he was more attached to his guns than his brothers. It was a scary thought.

But then, this was war! This was what Romeo and his brothers were trained to do. Their only purpose in life. And he felt - he knew - that they were the best. Better than the job any numbers of troopers or single fraggin' ARC could do. They fought and they won. He didn't know what this Omega Squad was capable of, but knowing his brothers, he knew that Sigma was most definitely better. They had to be the best squad in the Army of the Republic.

Skirata had always said that Romeo was a little too elitist when it came to his squad, but Romeo had never believed all that fierfek about a humble, compassionate soldier that only struck and killed when needed.

The sudden surge of confidence and ego made him feel better, hid his previous thoughts. This was going to be a good mission.

TK-195
31 March 2005, 12:07 PM
"The comms are up on this station....we believe they are contained in the turrets so the droids could raido for help when it was needed. Another reason to take out those turrets. One might be inactive, but you should still proceed with caution."

max ordo
31 March 2005, 03:01 PM
"Sir...Are there any any living targets we should be aware of? Seperatist officers or commanders we need to specifically target, or is this a basic seek and destroy mission. Either way we'll git'er done."

CC-420 "God" turns his helmeted head towards the other squad and nods in greeting.

kreat
1 April 2005, 05:57 AM
"Grumpy" knew "God" was right - we'd go in and get the job done he thought to himself as he returned CC-420s nod.

His instincts were already kicking in - time to gear up, load up and get on target and blast some Seppies back to the backwater planets they came from.

darth_phobeius
1 April 2005, 06:44 AM
[Lost in thought Gig barely perceives the nod from God, but instinctually returns it. His mind racing through the materials and programs need to crack the Seps system wider than the Cron Drift. Hopefully the guys at R&D have something better than the jury-rigs datapad, or as I like to call it "Calculator" they gave me last time. Lowest bidder. We'll see soon enough.
Goes back to studing the floor plans on his HUD.]

TK-195
1 April 2005, 08:14 AM
Casrin turns towards "God". "There are Skaks in this building. You can arrest them if you wish and bring them back to base for questioning...but we would like it better if you just shot'em."

max ordo
1 April 2005, 08:52 AM
"There are Skaks in this building. You can arrest them if you wish and bring them back to base for questioning...but we would like it better if you just shot'em."

Thats the way I'd prefer. Don't want any extra baggage. God thinks to himself "Copy that Sir."

TK-195
1 April 2005, 01:14 PM
"Your armorer will be Jedi Padawan Juskin." The doors opens once more and a tall, gaunt man steps forward. "Whatever you need, you can probably get." Juskin turns towards Niner. "Good to see you again Omega. On that last mission you had me worried." Niner stares into Juskin's face. "We survived becuase of the gear you gave us Commander."

(OOC: Let the rediculous requests begin!!!)

CaamasiJedi49
1 April 2005, 02:25 PM
"Your armorer will be Jedi Padawan Juskin."

Great, thought Papi, a jedi brat to tag along. Thats the last thing I would like to worry about. "So is their any other questions men, because I think a Sep needs to get some ass-whooping by a Sigma."

max ordo
1 April 2005, 02:40 PM
"No, questions sarge. Ready to get some gear and go to work" I just want to get back into the field. Being cooped up on ship is a fate worse than death. We were bred for combat not meetings.

darth_phobeius
1 April 2005, 03:37 PM
[Shakes his head slightly.]
"No Sir, no more questions."

kreat
1 April 2005, 06:56 PM
Grumpy makes a slight grunting sounds as he pulls out a datapad - not waiting for anybody else and begins putting his request down on datacard.

He quickly puts down:

Standard Utility Belt/Assault Pack
DC-17m with all attachments
DC-15s
2 C-10 Stuns
8 C-8 Frags

Better to go for the kill than the capture he thinks to himself.

A datapad and 10 datacards
2 sticks of detonite and 2 detonators
I'm no demo guy but it never huts to carry a little extra

Some Merr-Sonn binder cuffs just in case we accidently knock somebody out.

10 additional power packs.

Let see .... I wonder.....

Rhinsome Tracking SureSnoop (AEG 90)

Hey - it doesn't hurt to ask he thinks to himself.

Thats about all I can carry he thinks as he stands.

"Commander - I think this should do it for me. I'll leave the planning to Papi - just tell me where to go"

Stormrider
4 April 2005, 03:19 PM
The grin never left the clones face as he listened to his brothers chatter, He absently reached down into the large pouch he wore around the waist of his armor, Reaching in he felt the flasks within making sure they were still sealed tight. Pulling out his Datapad MT-296 "Dagger" pondered the equipment he would need. ""Medpacs, A Medical Backpack and the D-15m and the D-17 should do it I never was any good grenades or Demo much to the Blue Bastards Displeasure Oh freking well" The clone thought. Jotting down onto his datapad, The equipment was as follows

1 Katarn Armor
1 D-15m
1 D-17 Sidearm
6 Biotech FastFlesh Medpacs ((AEG 92))
1 Chieweb Medical Backpack ((AEG 93))
Standard Utility Belt/Assault Pack

Dagger Spoke up as he finshed jotting down equipment, "Commander Juskin Sir, Will you be accompanying us on this mission?. The clones voice was cheerful as if he were going to a party. Instead of Heading to a highly dangerous Seperatist base

CaamasiJedi49
4 April 2005, 05:08 PM
"Why, you think were going to need a Jedi on this mission Dagger," says Papi with a grin on his face. He then slips on his helmet that was resting under his right arm and says with slight disdain, "Were Republic Commandos, we don't need Jedi." Humph, Dagger is as soft as always. Can't blame him though, hes a medic after all.

darth_phobeius
5 April 2005, 05:50 AM
[Barely glancing up from his datapad]
"Commander Sir, What do we have on board in the way of EMP/Ion weapons?"

Stormrider
5 April 2005, 06:50 AM
Dagger offered a smirk to his Sergeant, "Need? Who said anything about "Needing" a Jedi Though they are useful in a scrap, I was just inquiring to see if he was coming along, Because Jedi sometimes need hmmm extra looking after in the field.

max ordo
5 April 2005, 10:12 AM
Are they really talking like that in front of the Jedi? They better watch it or they'll wind up back on Kamino for re-education.

Commander Sir, here's what I would like to request.
Hands the Commander a datapad

1 Katarn Armor
1 D-15m
1 D-17 Sidearm
1 Utility Belt with assault pack
2 EMP grenades
2 Surveilance Remotes.
1 DEMP Ion Carbine w/ Novaless Soni-Optics Target Imager

occ:not sure on the weight for the remotes I'm a little less than 5kg short of 29.1kg. so once i have the weight i might need a few more things that go boom

xiphias
5 April 2005, 10:30 AM
Wordlessly Romeo pens his required equipment list on his datapad, which was linked into the tiny computer in the suit of armor. He liked gear. He *really* liked gear. It was like a kid in a candy store, but his face was hidden and his comm off, so the other Commandos probably didn't notice his slightly excited breath and the smirk on his face.

He added the standard outfit of Katarn armor, utility belt and a DC-17m with the DC-15s pistol for backup. On a whim, he requested a blaster rifle he particularly liked, the Blastech 500, which would fill a room with automatic blaster fire to clear the room in seconds. He figured that the Jedi acting as their armorer would honor just about any request for in-stock weaponry given the importance of the mission. It wasn't like Romeo got the chance to hold the weaponry much less strip it and clean it to keep his skills sharp - the clone Commando downtime consisting mainly of time spent in deep freeze. He reminded himself to load up on power packs for the Blastech 500 while he could, ten of them would do.

Romeo would not need a whole repair bay of tools - the Katarn suits and the blasters were amazingly modular and durable. He doubted he'd even need to perform any combat repairs, but he'd be available if needed. There was also the possibility of 'acquiring' some decent gear from the hostiles on the way out, and Romeo knew he could fix most of what Seppies carried a hurry, too. He could also assist in repairing any damage to the computer system alongside Gig, he thought. No, he knew he could repair the computer system. The words of previous trainers echoed in his mind:Don't let the fact that you're the universe's best killing machine get to your head. He added his basic tool kit and a Blastech Blaster Repair Kit, followed up by some comm gear that he was well acquainted with - the Micro-Thrust comm blocker that was usually used to blast communications to static for a few seconds while entering a building, to cut off enemies both organic and droid alike, as they cleared the room. The Courier Comm scanner would assist in locating and listening in on enemy commlinks, something that tended to be important on missions that required more than a minute of live combat time.

Next on the list were the 4 ion grenades for any droids that wanted to play rough. They'd have to be careful not to take out any of the building's computer or communications systems with the EMP sticks or their mission would be a loss. And if the EMPs didn't do the trick, the 2 Merr-Sonn G-20 glop grenades would get them all tangled up on themselves. And for some fireworks on the way out, the 2 thermal detonators would clean up the rest. Then the extra remote probes he had decided to bring - 2 of those should be fine.

DATA PAD INVENTORY CLONE COMMANDO RC-730:
1x Katarn Armor - 8.5kg
1x Utility Belt - 3.9kg
1x DC-17m w/ attachments - 5.8kg
1x BlasTech DC-15s Sidearm - 2.1kg
1x Blastech 500 "ESPO" Riot gun (AEG p.15) - 4.5kg
10x Power Packs - 1kg
4x EMP/ion grenades - 2kg
2x Merr-Sonn G-20 glop grenades - 1kg
2x Remote Probes - 1kg
2x Thermal Detonator - 1kg
1x Basic Toolkit - 1kg
1x Blastech Blaster Repair Kit - 1kg
1x Micro-Thrust ComTech eavesdrop protection unit (AEG p.90) - 0.5kg
1x Courier Communications Scanner (AEG p.89) - 1kg

Total: 33kg (RC-730's Str is 14, Light Load: 29kg, Medium Load: 58kg)

Knowing He'd burn through the grenades fast on the mission, RC-730 decided his load would be slightly heavier than the standard Commando load-out, especially with that riot gun hanging over his shoulder. He could always cache some of it on a longer mission, or the comm gear could be operated from the gunship and then left with the gunship. He sent the equipment list to Commander Juskin and silently awaited his turn in line to be outfitted.

darth_phobeius
14 April 2005, 01:47 PM
(Gig's STR 14 Light Load 29kg)

Katarn Armor-8.5kg
Utility belt-3.9kg
Assualt Pack-?
DC-17m-5.8kg
DC-15s-2.1kg
4X Ion Grenades-2kg
Self Built Slicepad w/ Tagge Co. Ion Shilding, Lockdown
Encryption, and Security Protocols -1.1kg
Fabritech Datacard Drive-0.2kg