PDA

View Full Version : IC: Insurgence



master-_ObiWan2183
21 April 2005, 11:46 AM
Opening Crawl...

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

The Republic is in a stage of transition. Within the Senate, rumors have begun to circulate of a growing threat to the shakable peace. Factions are growing inside that wish to seceed from the Republic as a whole and form a Separatist state. The council of the Jedi, long-time protectors of the Republic, have legitimized concerns of this underground movement. The Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and the Jedi council have sent agents abroad to assess the the growing shadow of civil war...

master-_ObiWan2183
21 April 2005, 11:54 AM
The recent days within the Republic capital have been tense. The talks you have heard the padawans professing speak ill of the future. War might come; some say.
You walk through the halls of the training yard of the Jedi temple. A group of children are gathered to your left learning the art of saber deflection. To your right, older students flex their muscle to attune their bodies with the perfect rhythm of the Force. It brings a smile to your face...
The comlink at your side resonates with a hum...
" Edo, come to the main audience chamber. Your presence is requested."

jtucker
21 April 2005, 11:59 AM
He brings the com up and responds, "Right away."

Thinking to himself:
Wonder what the council has for me to do now? Could be with all this talk of a coming conflict within the galaxy. Could be to escourt a senator to some negotiations. Could be anything knowing the Council. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

He moves to the nearest exit and heads to the audience chambers.

master-_ObiWan2183
21 April 2005, 06:17 PM
You move toward the exit and through the courtyard to the main spire of the Temple. Entering the turbolift you come face to face with another Jedi. He appears older than you and battle weary. His hair is brown with a streak of silver. The robes upon him are a dull brown with black and white underlay. Two lightsabers hang from either side of his belt. Throughout your recent travels, you have not happened across this gentleman often. He looks to you and nods. "Hello and good day, young Jedi."

jtucker
21 April 2005, 06:30 PM
"Good day," he says and inclines his head in a respectful Jedi jesture. Paying no mind to the Jedi's apperance he stands beside him in the turbolift, hands relaxed behind his back facing the door waiting on it to stop and allow them to exit.

master-_ObiWan2183
21 April 2005, 06:54 PM
"I assume that you are headed to the Council audience chamber as well," the Jedi replies to break the silence. He smiles.

jtucker
22 April 2005, 02:36 AM
"You assume correctly, I was summoned moments ago. I gather from the both of us being here together that you also are headed their and that my beckoning has something to do with yours as well considering that they would summon two Jedi such as us. Because if I may, you seem to be a student of the martial skills," Indicating his two Lighsabers, "and I think that if the coucil is summoning the two of us because there must be a very important and dangerus mission that requires more martial prowess than diplomatic flare they need accomplished." He grins back extending his hand, "Jedi Knight Edo Gillard friend."

master-_ObiWan2183
22 April 2005, 09:52 AM
"Warren Kale; and you're very astute. I, however, am not sure of the reason for our summoning. I would be quick to assume, too, that our presence in this matter is solely based on our combat prowess. The Force works in strange ways, after all," your new friend shakes your hand and replies.
With that, the doors to the turbolift open and you come into the hall outside the audience chamber. The tremor in the Force that you both feel would signify a great deal of power and knowledge inside such a small room.

master-_ObiWan2183
22 April 2005, 10:04 AM
Times have been tough on you lately. The trip to Coruscant was no picnic, and the only place to seek a little comfort is a small dive in the old Commerce Sector.
You step through the doorway and witness a collage of neon flare and alien debotchery. People stroll back and forth, toting drinks and making merry. A holovid on the back wall displays a podrace on what seems to be Malastare. Very fast; very dangerous. Betting is the least thing on your mind right now, however. Some unfriendly people would like to have an uninviting meeting with you. If only you could find a gig that would keep you in cognito....

master-_ObiWan2183
22 April 2005, 10:26 AM
The streets outside of the Senate docking bay are teeming with people. You thought that the air might do you some good after getting off that blasted refugee tub, but it doesnt seem to help. People nudge and shove you all over the sidewalk; you dish out appropriate swear phrases. The Commerce Sector is not as dashing as had been told, but for offworlders, it's the best place to find some work. The garage and pub to your right seem promising...

darth_phobeius
22 April 2005, 10:33 AM
[At this dredge of a drinking hole in the wall. Seen better establishments on Adabe. The losers that can't seem to realize I'm out of there league, should watch themselves.]

"Life just keeps getting better and better."

master-_ObiWan2183
22 April 2005, 10:44 AM
You walk around for a few moments and giving a slow breath, you settle in at the bar. The kindly droid at the other side rolls over to you, "Can I get ya a drink? Or are ya lookin for somethin??"

[The droid has obvious modifications to its chasse and personality profile. Must be a replacement for the normal bartender.]

Stormrider
22 April 2005, 10:45 AM
"Fierfek " The small woman spat as she walked out of the blasted refugee tube and was shoved to the Duracreet sidewalk, As usual a mess of curly flame red hair drifted down to her cover her face. A scarred hand brushed it back. "Isnt This Lovely, another hellhole of a planet" She thought, As she gazed around the surrounding district. Quickly and with the grace of a stalking corellian sand panther she stood and walked into the Pub, As she entered she gave the tavern a quick glance. "Blah Drunks, Drunks and more Drunks" She muttered.

darth_phobeius
22 April 2005, 10:49 AM
[Taking in the rest of the surroundings before speaking]
"A glass of water,and I'd like to buy a Comm Code for the Comm Net."

master-_ObiWan2183
22 April 2005, 10:56 AM
You scan out across the bleak pub...

[Roll: 13 + 8 Success ]

Several different species are gathered in this rathole. There is one, however, that is seated at the bar that oozes cocky. He sits "suavely" across the stool and is talking to the sever droid.

master-_ObiWan2183
22 April 2005, 10:59 AM
The droid bends down and collects a glass from under the counter. It fills the glass with what you assume is the water here. It also passes its palm over the counter. "Credits please. 2 for the drink and 6 for the comm code."

you also feel as if you are being watched...
[Spot check]

darth_phobeius
22 April 2005, 11:05 AM
[Ken tosses 8 Republic Credit Chits on the counter.]

"Here you go tin man, and use the rest to get yourself an oil bath. Your rustin' up the joint. (mutters to himself) Not that it wouldn't be an improvement."


Spot Check +9 Roll 11=20

Stormrider
22 April 2005, 11:07 AM
Blue violet orbs flicker to Ken for a few seconds, Arry notes him and strides over to the bar, Her gait was not that of a shy tech or even a regular person,It was that of someone who knew how to take care of herself, One who had grown up in the streets. "Bartender!" She called

master-_ObiWan2183
22 April 2005, 11:12 AM
A boisterous call from your right side throws your attention to another patron standing at the bar. A fiery redhead stands strong and confidently calling the bar droid to her...

Also, back at the doorway, a pair of rather sturdy Trandoshans stomp in. The garb they wear is eerily familiar to you...

master-_ObiWan2183
22 April 2005, 11:13 AM
The droid rolls forward and wipes off the counter. "What can i get ya, missy??"

darth_phobeius
22 April 2005, 11:17 AM
[Keeping the ever present self-satisfied smile on his face]
"Isn't there a age limit in here?"

Stormrider
22 April 2005, 11:21 AM
She eyed the scrap heap of a droid, "Corellian Whiskey" She said curtly, Turning from the bartender to face the door, the woman absently loosened the heavy blaster pistol that was hanging at her side,
As she saw the rough looking lizards.

darth_phobeius
22 April 2005, 11:26 AM
[Looking from the mech look to the Blaster. Leans slightly over.]
"You sure you know how to use that thing. I mean I see you can probably fix it, but can you USE it. Cause I'd hate for you to think you could USE it, and end up hurt."

master-_ObiWan2183
22 April 2005, 11:27 AM
[Ken]
[Spot]

[Arry]
The egotistical blockhead rears his face to make a sly comment. You also notice the two lizard goons who stomped in shortly ago and follow their path to the rear of the establisment.

darth_phobeius
22 April 2005, 11:35 AM
Spot Check +9 Roll 16=25

Stormrider
22 April 2005, 11:36 AM
"I hope you can shut that big trap of yours" Arry grunted, She still watched the Trandoshan Goons who had entered, Noting they were going out the back way The tech turned back to the bartender and eyed him waiting for the Whiskey she ordered.

darth_phobeius
22 April 2005, 11:38 AM
[Holding his left hand up and patting the air.]
"Sorry sweatheart didn't know I touched a nerve. What happen? Someone close your garage?"

master-_ObiWan2183
22 April 2005, 11:39 AM
Success
The two Trandoshans are R'oush and Trssk, two goons who work for Sarliss; a Commerce Guild creep on Nal Hutta. He has deep ties with Black Sun and other unmentionables. Your mouth and blaster cost him a few men and a skiff, so of course he sends his best trackers to collect.
You dont think that they have seen you yet, though.

master-_ObiWan2183
22 April 2005, 11:43 AM
Finally the droid rolls up with Arry's drink and wisks its fingers at her.
"3 credits please."

Hey guys, ive got to get ready for work. see you back in a couple of hours hopefully...

darth_phobeius
22 April 2005, 11:45 AM
[Loosening himself up (Enhance Ability DEX +15 Roll 13=28, +6 to DEX), and slowly gettting up from his seat, he starts heading to the front door. His mannerisms and eyes have gone cold. Still carring that grin though.]

"Sorry honey. We're going to have to cut this sparkling conversation short. Bad men about and me on my may out."

Stormrider
22 April 2005, 11:52 AM
"Burn in hell" She spat, Hearing the droids voice and with a flick her of dextrous wrist she threw the pile of scrap three credits. The Tech took a long pull of her whiskey, tasting the fiery liquid.

jtucker
22 April 2005, 12:01 PM
Edo joins Warrren in the waiting area to the council chambers and waits paciently for their impedding summoning collecting himself in the force and meditating until time to enter.

darth_phobeius
23 April 2005, 05:37 PM
[Ken heads straight for the exit as quickly as possible without drawing attention to himself. As soon as he's out of the bar, he loosens the straps on both blasters and checks the charge on his on-hand one. Turning down the avenue and making haste to the air taxi pickup spot.]

"Can't take a freakin' joke. It's not like those guys were that great. Couldn't shoot straight. Not my fault the skiff was a piece of crap."

master-_ObiWan2183
24 April 2005, 12:45 PM
You run out of the bar to head back to the hangar bays.
[Spot]

jtucker
24 April 2005, 01:02 PM
one eye opening after a minute and taking int he room thinking to self

never have been one to meditate much, oh well, guess i'll just stare out the window and take in the skyline, might not see it for a while, and it is quite extravigent from up here.

He moves to one of the large windows in the chamber and takes in the view, waiting for their summons.

master-_ObiWan2183
24 April 2005, 01:34 PM
Skiffs and air taxis whiz past the window as you gaze out over the capital city. After several minutes, Ki-Adi Mundi steps forth into the waiting area. "We, the council, will see you both now."
Warren looks to you and replies, "Maybe now the masters will reveal their intentions." He leads inside confidently.

The room has windows on all sides, and chairs circle the room like a bantha pin. All of the most revered Jedi are assembled at each chair: Yoda, Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Yaddle, Adi Galia, etc. They bow to you both as you enter. "Young Edo, pleased I am to see you again. And Warren as well," Yoda smiled as he spoke.

darth_phobeius
24 April 2005, 01:42 PM
[Spot Check]
Roll 7 +9 Spot=16

jtucker
24 April 2005, 01:48 PM
"As am I to see all of you once again Master," Edo says with a inclination of his head in a respectful bow, standing with hands clasped behind his back.

master-_ObiWan2183
24 April 2005, 02:58 PM
Your attention is turned to Master Windu, "Edo, you and Warren have no doubt heard many of the rumors spreading throughout the Capital of system seceeding from the Republic."

master-_ObiWan2183
24 April 2005, 03:01 PM
Success

Before you can see the air taxi tram past the next corner, you find the two Trandoshans lying in wait for you. They are carrying some serious heat and they dont look happy. But apparently the upper hand could be yours...

darth_phobeius
24 April 2005, 03:12 PM
[Get within 10meters of the two readying an action (Shoot if they make a threatening move (Sense Motive Roll 18 +6 Skill=24)) Use (Enhance Ability Roll 16 +15 Skill=31 +8 to DEX -3 VP) and calls out to them as a Free Action]
"Hey feelas' are you lookin' for me by chance."

master-_ObiWan2183
24 April 2005, 03:19 PM
Trssk, the larger of the two, spins on his heels and regards you with a snarl, "You Corellian spit!! We've come to take some back payments outta yer hide!! You can come easy or hard; it's your choice!"

master-_ObiWan2183
24 April 2005, 03:26 PM
Ken rushes out of the bar and leaves you fuming. The whisky is the only comfort for now. Well, for what it was worth.

Several minutes later you hear a yel from outside that sounds like your fast mouthed friend...
... And its not a good thing

darth_phobeius
24 April 2005, 03:27 PM
Initiative: 17
[Readied Action: Pulls Blaster and fires at the Trssk. Attack Roll 19 +19=38 Confirm Crit Roll 19 =198o =38, Damage (3d8=3,6,5) +4 (1d6=4)TOT =22 WP]

darth_phobeius
24 April 2005, 03:29 PM
Initiative 21 (Forgot the Enhance Ability)

master-_ObiWan2183
24 April 2005, 03:31 PM
Trssk takes a solid hit and kisses permacrete. Your other assailant dives behind a pile of small hitch crates, readying an attack.

darth_phobeius
24 April 2005, 03:35 PM
[Second Attack: Roll 17+14=31 Damage: (3d8=6,2,8)+4 =20]

Stormrider
24 April 2005, 03:38 PM
Swear words came from the small womans mouth in six diffrent languages, Casually she strolled outside. A hand slipped down to her heavy blaster pistol. Eyes of blueviolet gazed around taking in the scene

darth_phobeius
24 April 2005, 04:27 PM
[Free Action: 'Quick Draw' Feat: Draw second Heavy Blaster for the next round]
[Move Action: Dive for cover]

jtucker
24 April 2005, 05:41 PM
"Rumors only I'm sure Master," Edo says directing his full attention to Master Windu, "However I feel that you are about to tell me that my views on this matter are flawed and that in fact systems are succeeding? Please Master, continue I will listen without interuption."

darth_phobeius
26 April 2005, 06:25 AM
"C'mon R'oush. What if I say I'm sorry? Hey, R'oush. It was an accident. Can't we be friends? hehehehhahah(Quietlyto himself)"

jtucker
29 April 2005, 04:42 AM
Edo waits patiently for Master Windu's breifing.

jtucker
14 May 2005, 11:38 AM
Finally after waiting for eternity for a reply from master windu lets go of his anger at being treated as a youngling and releases every bit of power within himself releasing the full power of the force within the chamber at every individual around him. drawing his blade and attacking everyone he can doing as much damage as possible before they can kill him, finally in a final show of defiance not giving them the satisfaction of stopping him themselves he runs his own blade in a large swinging arch twisting his wrist so the blade turns back towards his own neck releasing all his dark energies in one fale blow removing his head from his body, his head falling and rolling on the floor, the body standing there for a second drops the lightsaber the blade locked on making a burn on the council floor, the body finally falling in a slump, the chanbers chared from his release injured Jedi Masters (possible a dead one or two) looking astonished by his sudden outburst Master Yoda the only one who breaks the silence, "Foresee this I did not, clouded the Dark Side has made our senses, mindful must we be, or fear other Jedi will secumb as young Edo did to his own anger. No one to blame but ourselves we have."