PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Slave Ships

Garan
30 April 2005, 04:37 AM
I was just reading through the Dark Horse Empire 30 comic and on the last page we see a fleet of imperial slave ships, thatís at least what Wedge calls them.

http://people.freenet.de/swrs/slaveship.jpg

From the look of it, arenít these just old republic assault ships? Though the idea to convert old troop ships to slave transporting really does have a very imperial feel to it. ;)

Jonesy
30 April 2005, 06:04 AM
Back in 1992 Dark Horse's Dark Empire they had Imperial Dungeon Ships were introduced. At the height of the Jedi Purge in an attempt to control Jedi Knights and other dangerous prisoners. Originally designed by the Mandalorians, the majority of the ship's cells were devoted to common prisoners. Sections were partitioned off to allow for variable gravity, lighting, atmosphere and other factors--often prisoners were held under uncomfortable condititions (such as heavy gravity) to keep them docile during the prisoner transfer, mild electric shocks, sirens and hallucinogenic gases. For Jedi their cells were super-dense alloys, energy shields, and the life support settings were set extremely low to force the Jedi into hibernating for ther duration of the voyage. If you want d6 stats let me know.

Ronin
30 April 2005, 06:09 AM
Yeah, those definitely look like Acclamators. I guess it stands to reason that as new ships are introduced, the older models are relegated to less important duties...

The ships that Jonesy refers to are Lictor-class Dungeons ships.

Garan
30 April 2005, 08:06 AM
Yes, I know about the Lictor Class Dungeon ship, I own a copy of the dark empire sourcebook in fact. ;) I was just asking if the ships on the comic only look like the old Acclamators to me, or if someone agrees that they are properly meant to be the same ships. I am wondering if they kept the armament in them.

kaeroth
30 April 2005, 03:54 PM
My thought would be that the armaments would be toned down. all the space that used to be used for carrying troops and equipment could be retooled as slave cells, but you'd have a higher energuy requirement form various controlling factors (energy bars, more internal surveillance equipment, ect). also, all that armament would need people crewing them, and if you've got a higher crew complement because you need lots of guards to keep the new slaves in line (they hadn't been broken yet), then you don';t want to take away profitabel slave space to give to a gunner. and these things wouldn't be going into combat, most likely. the slave ships would come in after the target populace had been beaten by the ISDs or whatever. they'd still have some guns and stuff, but they're not for assault anymore. at least, that's how i'd see it. There's also the possibility of a slave revolt, and you wouldn't want the slaves to suddenly have control of a mighty mighty ship you couldn't take down easily if need be.