PDA

View Full Version : Best Bounty Hunter in rebellion era

Quamis Dorsaan
1 May 2005, 12:33 AM
The best Bounty Hunter is IG-88. I'm trying to figure out how Boba Fett destroys all 4 of them.

Fingon
1 May 2005, 12:24 PM
Fett is the best bounty hunter... he kills three of the IG's by tricking them and setting ambushes. In theory, IG would be the best bounty hunter, but he didn't have enough experience to deduce how organic beings would react and relied to much on pure logic, at least that's how I see it. He was also too arrogant, to sure of himself (selves) and that untimately caused his demise.

Read "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" for further details.

kaeroth
1 May 2005, 03:24 PM
It's got to be the Fett! I'll admit that, IG-88 had more potential and could have been effectively immortal (why'd he only make four? why not hundreds? well, money, yes, but how 'bout a dozen? didn't he, at some point, download himself into the comuter core of DSII? why not do that to a droid factory, take over production for a ittle while, make a coupla hundred of himself, and go from there?), but he didn't, and that shows a lack of moral fiber and thinking ahead-ness. Go by results: who's still alive after all the hooplah? Fett. The last man standing is the winner. The Zuckuss/4-LOM duo was pretty cool, though.

Fingon
1 May 2005, 04:52 PM
That is exactly my point. IG-88 took control over a droid producing planet, coded sentience into each droid, which would start a rebellion at a signal, a signal only IG knew. IG thought, even after three of him had been destoryed, that he was invincible, especially after downloading himself into the DSII supercomputer... he didn't make any more copies of himself, he didn't give the code to anyone else. He considered the Rebel attack pointless... big mistake.

IzVenjari
1 May 2005, 06:27 PM
Got to be Fett - while IG-88 was awesome, Boba had somethings that IG-88 didn't - experience, intuition, a comprehensive network of contacts.... and paranoia.

IG-88 was too arrogant - too self-assured by his own 'superior' logic - therefore he didn't look behind himself enough to see who or what (events, coincedental happenings, etc) was sneaking up on him. Which is why he lost.

All hail the FETT!!!:D

Quamis Dorsaan
2 May 2005, 05:26 AM
the tales of the bounty hunters preferences bring up one question: What Happened To IG-72???( or whatever it's number is).

Battle Droid
2 May 2005, 10:46 PM
I Think It Was Destroyed( Just A Guess).

Battle Droid
2 May 2005, 10:47 PM
Why do you even bring it up Quamis Dorsaan?

Quamis Dorsaan
3 May 2005, 12:09 AM
Because i thought IG-72 would have made a very good character in the star wars movies/ books. that is why I want to know.

Darth Fierce
3 May 2005, 03:45 AM
No contest...Zardra is the best bounty hunter of the Rebellion Era. Oh, wait...she's not even listed (quite the babe though ;) )!!!

Seriously, though, Fett is easily the best bounty hunter of the Rebellion Era. That's the reason they call him the "Number One" bounty hunter in the galaxy... :boba:

Darth Fierce :vader:

Quamis Dorsaan
3 May 2005, 03:49 AM
I've never heard of Zardra. I would like to know where she shows up in the republic era.

Battle Droid
3 May 2005, 09:57 PM
Who is Zardra?

Darth Fierce
4 May 2005, 03:49 AM
Zardra is a bounty hunter in the Star Wars EU...she is apparently a raven-haired beauty, and quite a flirt with those she is hunting / is opposed to...

Zardra teamed up with the "Boba Fett wannabe" Jodo Kast on several occasions.

jedi_lucky
8 May 2005, 12:21 PM
plain and simple...boba fett! need i say more! lol

lucky
:xwing:

Bram Corolev
8 May 2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Darth Fierce
Zardra is a bounty hunter in the Star Wars EU...she is apparently a raven-haired beauty, and quite a flirt with those she is hunting / is opposed to...

Zardra teamed up with the "Boba Fett wannabe" Jodo Kast on several occasions.

Zardra all the way baby!

I used a (clean) picture of Asia Carrera to show my players who captured them awhile back. Asia makes the perfect Zardra IMHO.

I have full respect for the Fett, however, Zardra has some interesting methods. I think once she was even at the wedding alter about to be married with her prey. Some other bounty hunters crashed the wedding and were blasted by her "fiance". After he killed them he makes some comment that no one interrupts his wedding and endangers his woman and lives. To which his "bride" Zardra replies, "Thanks for eliminating the competition for me" as she slaps the binders on him and pulls her blaster.

Kelcheck
8 May 2005, 10:06 PM
Boba Fett

not for the obvious reasons, but for more basic ones

George Lucas, the guy that created and wrote it all said that Boba Fett was the greatest Bounty hunter in the Galaxy... Nuff said. Its his story, he wrote it, and that's the way he wrote it.

(NRN) Brotz
12 May 2005, 10:14 AM
Boba Fett is a cloned Mandalorian. He is stronger than most people in the galaxy, he has state-of-the-art equipment, and his will is damned strong.

IG units are droids. The rest are good, but nothing like Boba Fett. I mean, Boba Fett actually reunited the Mandalorians during the Yuuzhan Vong War, becoming the new Mandalore.

Now......What has Dengar done? Get seriously injured by Han Solo. Zuckness and 4-LOM aren't as skilled as Boba Fett.

What can I say? Boba Fett is the greatest bounty hunter of the Rebellion - New Jedi Order eras, and possiblely the greatest bounty hunter ever to live in any era.

Quamis Dorsaan
16 May 2005, 07:36 AM
When did the mandalorian thing happen? Was it in any books?

watanabe2k
16 May 2005, 08:38 AM
I went with Boba Fett, I mean come on, everyone fears Boba Fett.

One quick question I have is, which novels does Zardra come out in?

Bram Corolev
17 May 2005, 07:09 AM
Zardra was first featured in the WEG material. The first time I read about her was the Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters. Not only does it stat her and give her background but it also has a few story excerpts throughout the book. It seems like there was also a story about her in one of the "Tales of..." books but I don't remember which one.

Darth Fierce
17 May 2005, 08:22 AM
That's "Tales of the Bounty Hunters," I believe, Bram. If not, then I think it was "Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina."

However, Zardra is only mentioned in a side comment (to Boba Fett) in whatever book it was...I remember the comment having to do with Zardra being on the run from the Hutts after shoving a thermal detonator down the throat of a Hutt who had fallen on Zardra during a job and was crushing her....

Edit: In case anyone's interested, the Zardra in Ultimate Adversaries is not the same person as the bounty huntress. Zardra's (the bounty huntress) d20 stats appear in one of the issues of the Star Wars Gamer magazine.

sithson
17 May 2005, 11:00 AM
Im going to have to go with the feet man, i mean, know anyone else who gets swallowed up by a huge worm in the desert that no ones ever came back from alive? no i didn't think so. ^_^

INCEDENTLY
fett is wearing kast's armor, ja know ^_^ (after ROTJ)

Kelcheck
17 May 2005, 12:04 PM
Question though
IF the NJO is supposed to be official, but lucas has said a number of times that Fett died at the pit of Cackoon, and that as far as George lucas is concerned he is DEAD, how can he be back for the NJO series and still have the NJO series be official? i have noticed a few inconsistancies like this between cannon, what George says, and what is classified as official.

Another example is Dark empire, GL does not go with that story as maintains that Palpatine dies once and for all on the second death star, but there are things that happen in the Dark empire books that are refered to in the NJO series. (like luke falling to the dark side et all)

PsychoInfiltrator
17 May 2005, 03:15 PM
Please see the Is Boba Fett alive thread at TFN (assuming it been unfrozen (yet again)) to find out what is NOT going to happen to this thread.

Anyways, to answer the question,

George Lucas has himself said the Fett didn't die there. He only initially killed him so stupidly because he didn't realize what a good (and popular) character he had.

He has since changed his mind about Fett being dead.

And if you don't believe me, note how Lucasfilm has never voiced an objection to Fett surviving.

And if you still want to argue, read the above mentioned thread.

If you still want to duke it out, do it on that thread if and when it unfreezes. Assuming it already hasn't.

But beware, alot of people, including generally pacifist me, (I disagree with the decision) have gotten warnings that we could be banned from TFN, which is part of the reason I rarely go there now.

Also, there has been a great deal of flaming and actual bannings as a result of the thread.

PsychoInfiltrator
17 May 2005, 03:17 PM
Oh, and the Dark Empire thing?

Current thoughts are that it was another Sith claiming to be Palpatine.

Bram Corolev
17 May 2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
Oh, and the Dark Empire thing?

Current thoughts are that it was another Sith claiming to be Palpatine.

I think that is the accepted explaination. In one of the "Hand of Thrawn" Duology books Mara Jade mentions that she doesn't think it was even the real Emperor.

Dark Empire comes from a dark time when Lucasfilm licensing was doing lax job at checking things....hence today why DE is downplayed practically to the point of being out of the canon.

Kelcheck
17 May 2005, 06:45 PM
ok just so you know i like the idea of boba being killed, but I was reading an article on starwars.com where the question was asked if GL considers him dead or alive, the answer was the Gl considers him dead, now I am unaware if there has been new information since, but if he has retracted the previous statment fine (still never liked the Dark empire thing) This is not an attempt to stir anything up, I was unaware that this was ever brought up. I only have the information at hand to go by. If Gl has said that he now considers him alive great, I loved that character. Can anyone send me a link to the article where he says he is now alive?

sithson
17 May 2005, 07:15 PM
Yeah i unlike many liked DE and well DE2 wasn't that great... <sigh> but for me it kinda felt right, and well world devestators man... but in the end it gets shot down from that pesky driod again :P

For me the fett man ahs never died.

"No way man... if that's true i'll bet you all my starwars figures.. Except fett, no matter how sure I am I never bet the fett man." Peter Giffen

wolverine
18 May 2005, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Bram Corolev

I think that is the accepted explaination. In one of the "Hand of Thrawn" Duology books Mara Jade mentions that she doesn't think it was even the real Emperor.

Dark Empire comes from a dark time when Lucasfilm licensing was doing lax job at checking things....hence today why DE is downplayed practically to the point of being out of the canon.

Well, my bief with that, is many things that happened IN DE are mentioned elsewhere. Like the holocron leia got.
Luke turning to the Darkside
Mon Calmari being ravaged by the World devistators
The destruction of Corsuscant
The introduction of the Kwing.

Quamis Dorsaan
18 May 2005, 07:06 AM
No offense, but what does that have to do with bounty hunters?:?

PsychoInfiltrator
21 May 2005, 05:12 PM
now-nothing.

a few posts ago-something.

That's the great thing about SWRPGN-You can go a little off topic with a bunch of people who generally know alot about Star Wars. The people of SWRPGN have a higher average SW IQ than most SW sites, including TFN, Star Wars.com and to a lesser extent, Wotc's SWRPG section.

You'll get used to it Quamis.

Now in deference to the thread starter, lets get back on topic.

Slave_1
12 June 2005, 10:43 PM
NO question about who I voted for ;)