PDA

View Full Version : DVDs....?

Kesh Phenko
9 May 2005, 02:15 PM
Didn't know where else to post this one....

My mate & I are speculating on the future DVD releases of the movies. We both agre that Eps I, II & III will come out in a boxed set.
What we do not agree on is the possibility of a SIX (+) disc set...

I'd like to think that those marketing wonders at Lucasarts are able to see that if they did a Limited Edition box set of all six movies, they could chuck in another disc or two full of all the stuff that has been cut &/or dropped from the beggining.
What do I want to see?
The sand storm. Threepio removing the biohazard label. The original ewok celebration. The original Lapti Nek(sp?) music from ROTJ. All the cut scenes I've been hearing about form Ep III (mind you, Lucas did say that they would be on the DVD release - (including the ones with his daughters, etc..) - on Aussie TV just recently.
There are a whole bunch of things I'd like to see (dare I ask for an interactive Galaxy Map???)

So, what does everyone think?

Will we ever get a six disc set, full of goodies??

Has anybody already heard anything??

ij thompson
9 May 2005, 04:17 PM
Actually, Lucas announced at Celebrations that there'll be a 6-disc set (not that we all didn't see it coming). And, he mentioned that there 'may' be deleted scenes from the original trilogy in it.

I'd take that as a certainty, since there could have been only one reason to leave the scenes out of the set we have now... to make us all buy the six disc set later! :rolleyes:

Despite my cynicism, I know I'll be there, cash in hand! B)

Master Dao Rin
9 May 2005, 05:19 PM
I doubt they will make be a prequel trilogy set. Definitely a total trilogy set though.

And since Lucas is so enamoured with the 3D tech coming out I'm sure they will remake the Star Wars saga into hologram mode too.

:D

Korpil
10 May 2005, 10:36 AM
Confirmed in a recent MTV Interview:

"At some point," is all Lucas would offer about plans to release a six-DVD box set of the "Star Wars" series. "I am not sure when. First ['Revenge of the Sith'] will probably come out around Christmas time. Then, later on, there will be a six-pack."

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1501444/05062005/story.jhtml

Darth_Xanthor
14 May 2005, 11:46 PM
a six pack......of star wars dvds......just a poll.....can anybody else see their money flying away??? Jsut checking?

:nfighter:

:yoda: