PDA

View Full Version : z-95 Headhunter

Darth_Xanthor
13 May 2005, 02:22 PM
When did the Headhunter first come into use? Where they around in the Clone wars? or did they not come out till after Ep 3

If anybodies knows, please tell me.

Vanger Chevane
13 May 2005, 02:32 PM
Given the other designs used (or at least glimpsed in the trailers & spoilers), I'd have to say that the Headhunter would come into production after the Empire was established. It would be replaced with the T-65 A few years before ANH.

Only in some of the novels is the T-65 referred to as old or antiquated.

PsychoInfiltrator
13 May 2005, 03:08 PM
And when they refer to the T-65 as antiquated, it ain't the XJ-3 models that they are talking about. <chuckles> Its the original T-65s, developed and originally produced not to long before ANH. Or SW for the Originals fans. ;)

BrianDavion
13 May 2005, 05:15 PM
head hunter was in use around the TPM era, and was widely considered to be the best star fighter at the time. subpro and incom ended their partnership just prior to ATOC however

Bram Corolev
13 May 2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by BrianDavion
head hunter was in use around the TPM era, and was widely considered to be the best star fighter at the time. subpro and incom ended their partnership just prior to ATOC however

I concur. Too bad we don't see any during the prequels.

During the Rebellion Era the T-65 was considered a slighty dated but effective fighter.

Ronin
14 May 2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I remember in the EP1 novel a spacer mentioned the Headhunter being a top-notch fighter.

Darth_Xanthor
14 May 2005, 11:30 PM
Excellent...and thanks for the info.

I needed the informayion for a campaign i am running. It takes place during the Clone wARS. I am creating a small 'pirate' army. An army of poeple who disagree with both the spereatist and the Republic. They use Z-95 Headhunters to attack and run....among other things.

Starlighter
31 May 2005, 06:45 AM
Interesting.

You know, I like to compare the SW fighters with the Real-life fighters my self. (I'm a Fighterpilot-to-be my self you know)

I hope you guys have some knowledge about fighteres in Real life.
Realistically speaking NATO aircraft should be considered as Imperial Fighters like the Tie''s...but let's not make it to complicated.

The way I see it now is like this:
*Immagine 'we' live in the beginning of the New Republic Era

- The Z-95 is comparable with the F-5 Tiger II. Outdated. Used by SOME countries here and there

- The Y-wing is comparable with the A-6 Intruder. Good but outdated, still in use by a couple of countries (i think)

- The X-wing is comparable with the F-16 or F-15. A good Multirole fighter but is starting to be out dated and needs upgrades. And this IS happening.
I like the Idea of socalled "Mid Life Updates" like what is happening with the F-16.

- The B-wing replaces the Y-wing and so would come close to the F-18 which is kind'a replacing the A-6. But the F-18 is a multirole fighter. So is the B-wing isn't it?

- The Awing is a state of the Art fighter isn't it? Or rather new anyway. Maybe it's comparable with the F-22 then?
Else it would represent the F-16?

PneumaZ
31 May 2005, 07:48 AM
Yeah the Z-95 is pretty old. In Cloak of Deception (a novel, a few years pre-Ep1) they mentioned it. But I am also of the understanding that there are many models of the Z-95 and the term Z-95 is fairly wide. Similar to saying "A Ford Mustang". Well what year? etc....

But it at least tracks back that far, so take it as you will. By Ep2, the Z95 would have seen some combat i would assume.

BrianDavion
31 May 2005, 01:20 PM
or perhaps using the airplane anylogy instead of saying the ford mustang.. simply "a MIG" :)

Darth_Xanthor
2 June 2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Starlighter
Interesting.

You know, I like to compare the SW fighters with the Real-life fighters my self. (I'm a Fighterpilot-to-be my self you know)

I hope you guys have some knowledge about fighteres in Real life.
Realistically speaking NATO aircraft should be considered as Imperial Fighters like the Tie''s...but let's not make it to complicated.

The way I see it now is like this:
*Immagine 'we' live in the beginning of the New Republic Era

- The Z-95 is comparable with the F-5 Tiger II. Outdated. Used by SOME countries here and there

- The Y-wing is comparable with the A-6 Intruder. Good but outdated, still in use by a couple of countries (i think)

- The X-wing is comparable with the F-16 or F-15. A good Multirole fighter but is starting to be out dated and needs upgrades. And this IS happening.
I like the Idea of socalled "Mid Life Updates" like what is happening with the F-16.

- The B-wing replaces the Y-wing and so would come close to the F-18 which is kind'a replacing the A-6. But the F-18 is a multirole fighter. So is the B-wing isn't it?

- The Awing is a state of the Art fighter isn't it? Or rather new anyway. Maybe it's comparable with the F-22 then?
Else it would represent the F-16?

Thanks for that. As a military man myelf, that was a useful comparison.