PDA

View Full Version : Palp's speech *spoliers*

sithson
17 May 2005, 04:57 PM
Some help here, when palp become emperor, does any one know of or have text of what he says? Does he just say.. uppp im the emperor, you are out.. long live the empire? Need some help on that, some clarification

Also, what systems were the first to rebel?
Was it systems that were loyal to the spertist armys and just decided they didnt want to join the empire? Or loyal systems going wth after the clone wars end?

Thanks for heads up!

BrianDavion
17 May 2005, 10:44 PM
check your PM, I didn't wanna post such a large spoiler to this thread.

Kelcheck
17 May 2005, 11:44 PM
why not? the thread is titled spoiler right?
so anyone that opens it up and reads this is fairly warned

In fact I opened it up to read the speach, just to be disapointed

BrianDavion
18 May 2005, 01:48 PM
alright then, this is from the episode 3 script.

176 INT. CORUSCANT-SENATE CHAMBER-SUNSET

The Chancellor is in the podium in the center of the vast arena giving a speech. MAS AMEDDA stands to the right of SIDIOUS. BAIL ORGANA walks through the hallway of the Main Senate Chamber. He enters the Senate Pod of Naboo and sits next to PADME. JAR JAR, CAPTAIN TYPHO and TWO HANDMAIDENS are in the pod also.

PALPATINE: . . . and the Jedi Rebellion has been foiled.

BAIL ORGANA: I was held up. What's happening?

PADME: The Chancellor has been elaborating on a plot by the Jedi, to overthrow the Senate.

BAIL ORGANA: That's not true!

PADME: He's been presenting evidence all afternoon.

BAIL ORGANA: And the Senate will go along with it, just like they always do.

PALPATINE: The remaining Jedi will be hunted down and defeated. (applause) Any collaborators will suffer the same fate.

(applause)

These have been trying times, but we have passed the test.

179 INT. CORUSCANT-SENATE CHAMBER-SUNSET

PALPATINE: The attempt on my life has left me scarred and deformed, but I assure you my resolve has never been stronger.

Applause.
181 INT. CORUSCANT-SENATE CHAMBER-SUNSET

PALPATINE continues his speech at the podium.

PALPATINE: The war is over. (applause) The Separatists have been defeated, (applause) and the Jedi rebellion has been foiled. We stand on the threshold of a new beginning.

There is a long period of APPLAUSE.

PADME: Well, this is the moment we discover if he intends to return the Republic to a democracy.

PALPATINE: In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society which I assure you will last for ten thousand years.

There is a loud, sustained CHEER from the Senate. BAIL ORGANA and PADME sit, dumbfounded.

PALPATINE: (continuing) An empire that will continue to be ruled by this august body, and a sovereign ruler chosen for life . . .

The Senate CHEERS again. BAIL and PADME are devastated. PADME begins to cry.

PALPATINE: (continuing) An empire ruled by the majority . . . Ruled by a new constitution . . .

The Senate APPLAUDS.

PADME: So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause . . .

BAIL ORGANA: We cannot let this happen.

He starts to stand up. PADME stops him.

PADME: Not now! There will be a time.

Lucas Carr
19 May 2005, 12:47 AM
Which isn't exactly how it was delivered in the film, but in essence it is the same.

Lucas Carr
19 May 2005, 12:48 AM
Oops. Double post. Please remove.

BrianDavion
19 May 2005, 08:48 AM
yeah, I've seen several variations of it, basicly the general idea of the points are the same.

Jedi rebellion, stopped,
sepertists stoped,
we rock,
the republic rocks
we're an Empire
I'm Emperor
Yay me err us

:emperor:

grand moff peddie
19 May 2005, 11:23 AM
Yeah that wasn't verbatim in the movie.....

Darth_Xanthor
2 June 2005, 12:02 PM
wasn't that the way they did it in the book?