PDA

View Full Version : IC: The Art of Diplomacy



Pages : [1] 2

PsychoInfiltrator
4 June 2005, 05:11 AM
The setting is a small waiting room. One door, where you came in, leads to the long hallway. On the other side of the Room there are two blast doors. the number 21 and the Basic words "Boost Elevator" are written above them. There are three Jedi in the room. There is also a human who appears to be an approximately 21 year old rogue with an easily visible blaster in a holster attached to his right hip. Two Gotals are engaged in conversation; from the looks of it they are newly weds taking up the Human custom of honeymooning. A Verpine sits in the corner, laptop open and it sounds like the Verpine is playing a space shooter type game. With your lack of knowledge of Verpine facial expressions, it is impossible to tell if he is winning.

Suddenly a droid's voice echoes over the loudspeaker: "Ten minutes to Departure."

PS: Go on, describe your character's physical appearance and what they are doing.

EDIT: sp.

Kethar
4 June 2005, 08:41 AM
Kethar is a young man in his mid twenties. He has long brown hair, which sometimes falls into his eyes. He has deep brown eyes, which shimmer with bravery and determination. His skin is tanned from being out in the sun a lot. He's wearing a light undertunic, a darker over tunic, a belt and to top it off a traditional Jedi robe.

Kethar glances around at the others, only recognizing the Jedi that he had bumped into. He walks over to the Boost Elevator, then presses a button on the side.

Corr Terek
4 June 2005, 12:29 PM
Leon walks into the room, glances around. He's a young man, white hair tied in a neat ponytail. His green eyes sweep the room, coming to rest on Kethar. He sees a spark of recognition in the other's eyes and smiles faintly.

He stands in the corner, studying the room, particularly the guy with the blaster. At first glance, Leon didn't appear to be wearing a weapon, but he was indeed carrying a vibro-rapier. His clothes are simple, but fit him well, and the fabric seems to be slightly better than most.

Leon settled in for a wait, wondering why exactly he'd been chosen for this mission -- and how in the world his parents had suddenly agreed to it.

Krad-edis
4 June 2005, 05:00 PM
Standing off in the corner of the room, a small figure stood with a hood draped over most of her face. Only her chin was visible and set apart from her dark violet and gray robes. She openly wore a lightsaber on her belt, and it looked like it was dragging her small frame to the floor based on its size in relation to hers.

Ahlihandra Zikura watched the occupants in the room as they entered. She guessed the human with the blaster was a transport pilot. He reminded her of Lt. Bryce, her former shuttle pilot. There were the Gotal husband and wife...both of which seemed so wrapped up in each other's arms that they had hardly noticed anyone else in the room. Ahli was happy for them...It was good that they had found each other and could help each other cope after such bloody times. If the husband and wife seemed a bit aloof, then the Verpine playing his space piloting game was brain-locked. It was true that the datapad screen his insectoid eyes were entranced by appeared to be rather detailed description of the cockpit of an A-wing fighter...but aside from that, there were no calls for help, no dying friends...just glory in the form of a point score.

Then, there were the two other Jedi, both Leon and Kethar, of whom she had been given brief descriptions of before leaving Yavin 4 seemed to fit. She hadn't ever met them before, but was anxious to meet any other Jedi pulled her hood back and tied her hair back in a braid as smiled at them. Ahli had been told by a protocol droid once that delegates she was traveling with thought she wasn't real...that in fact, she was an almond skinned porcelain doll...The scar on the right side of her face however brought a new sense of reality to those around her...Ahli was beautiful, but she had been scarred by war. Now it was her mission, along with serving as a Jedi, to make sure that diplomacy and talks of peace are given their fair amount of attempts before war once again rips the galaxy apart. Her golden eyes radiated with the peace and calm of a Jedi, and she waited for her comrades to come speak with her.

They're only a few years younger than I am. Perhaps they arrived on Yavin IV as the war was already underway? No matter though,..they've been selected by the Academy.. so I am confident in their abilities...to act diplomatically.

She beckoned them over.

Corr Terek
4 June 2005, 05:42 PM
Leon stepped over, as did the other Jedi. "I'm Ahlihandra Zikura, Jedi Knight." the woman said. Leon noted that she was beautiful, almost too beautiful. Regardless, he bowed in greeting. "My name is Leon Corwell. It is a pleasure, my lady."

He heard the whine of servomotors in the passageway. Ah, good. Eltoo has decided to show up. Eltoo was Leon's copper-plated protocol droid. Somewhat independantly minded, Eltoo had lagged behind to catch the local news. As the droid clumped up, Leon gestured toward him. "This is my protocol droid, Eltoo. Eltoo, this is Jedi Ahlihandra Zikura."

"Delighted to meet you, miss." the droid said. As Ahlihandra returned the greeting and then turned to the other Jedi, Leon frowned. "Eltoo...what are we doing here?"

The droids photoreceptors brightened. "Sir?"

"I mean, how did I get selected for this? I'd almost say it was a mistake if that holo hadn't specifically addressed me by name. And why did mom and dad agree to this? You remember how they were about the war!"

The droid approximated a shrug. "I don't know, sir. But your parents' behavior did seem rather strange."

"Look at these people, Eltoo. I'm no Jedi -- but these people seem to think I am."

The others apparently hadn't heard his low conversation, which was just as well. Something odd was going on...

OOC: Just to let all involved know, Leon is not a Jedi Knight, but from a noble family on Naboo. Obviously he's a little...confused at the moment.

PsychoInfiltrator
5 June 2005, 05:31 AM
OOC: Due to GM mistake in prologues. However, Leon is (now) FS, so don't ignore everything gone on before. Your prologues merely contained information that was incorrect. It will be interesting to see what happens because of tthis.

Also Corr, Send me Eltoo's stat block.

IC:

The Verpine shakes his head and turns off his laptop. Evidently the cheat code for immortality was timed. The cheat for a harder difficulty was not.

The rogue surveys the room.

The Gotals concentrate only on each other.

A being walks in, wearing a bundle of rags-style cloak with a hood that doesn't let you see its face. The Verpine appears to do a mental threat analysis, but then ignores him. The rogue ignores him from the start.

"Two minutes to boarding!" the droid's voice rings out.

A black panel on the wall lights up with a countdown.

(Eltoo, Int check please. (unless you have Knowledge: Droids. PS: If anyone ELSE has Knowledge: Droids and I didnt notice, make your check.)

OOC: BTW, rolling skills goes like this: You roll D20 at your location. Post result plus modifier. I apply an circumstyance bonuses that you don't know about, and give you the result. I roll all attacks and damage.

Edit: sp.

PsychoInfiltrator
6 June 2005, 02:41 PM
Eltoo informs everybody that it is an M-3PO military protocol droid doing the announcements.

"Bing!"

The blast doors open, and a uniformed male Ryn steps out.

"All aboard! Give me your tickets at the door."

You all step into what appears to be a 4 by 4 meter metal box with three spacious couches and 2 small chairs around the edges. The Verpine follows; the rogue two steps behind him. The Gotals, still embracing, step on-the last of the passengers. The Ryn presses a button on a remote and the doors close behind you.

"Ten minutes to arrival. Brace yourselves for launch."

The elevator abruptly begins moving laterally at a rapidly increasing speed. Fortunately, the inertial compensators are only a split second behind, and nobody even falls over.

"Travel speed is approximately 50 kilometres per hour. Enjoy the ride."
The Ryn sits down in the chair. The Verpine sits on the end of one couch, the Rogue the other. The cloaked being takes the second chair. The Gotal pair take one other couch, leaving enough room for two people to stand leaning on the wall, and a comfortably 2 1/2 person couch for the rest of you.


The rogue takes out a datapad and commences ignorance of the rest of you.

The Gotals are still ignorant of the world.

The cloaked one appears to be daydreaming.

The Ryn is trying to sleep, evidently quite bored with his job.

The Verpine is playing another game, apparently one involving an Imperial Heavy Armor division, or at least that's what the sound effects seem to imply.

Abruptly, with the increase in volume levels, small devices mounted on the wall activate, creating fields that dappen sound, so that you are unable to hear anything beyond a certain range. There is one for each couch and chair. The one for the unoccupied couch is evidently broken, so that any sound generated outside the other soundfields can still be heard by you, even if you are not sitting on the couch.

Edit: sp.

DarthBalmung
6 June 2005, 04:24 PM
A Hutt named Zucka manages to go unoticed and looks around. He is a norma adult Hutt but he has a distintive black mark on his face.

Corr Terek
6 June 2005, 05:19 PM
Leon leaned against the wall, leaving the couch open for Ahlihandra and the other Jedi, should they choose to take it. Eltoo stood with him, glancing around with apparent interest. After a few seconds the droid leaned over. "I find public displays of affection most illbred, don't you, sir?"

Leon smothered a short laugh and tried to avoid glancing at the Gotal couple. "Perhaps, Eltoo. But when a being is in love, what else can he do?"

The droid made a sound rather like a disgusted snort and settled back against the wall.

Kethar
6 June 2005, 07:49 PM
Kethar looked up as the voice boomed out and the doors slid open. He grinned, finally they were getting going. He handed his ticket to Ryn and nodded, stepping into the elevator.

He noticed an empty couch, then took the chance. He sat down, leaning against the side of it. He watched Leon leaning against the wall and shrugged. He motioned for Ahlihandra to sit.

PsychoInfiltrator
7 June 2005, 03:15 PM
Sorry about forgetting you, Balmung!:o

PsychoInfiltrator
7 June 2005, 03:23 PM
Due to the innate corpulence of Hutts, Zucka is forced to take up the remaining space in the middle.

The cloaked creature looks up at what appears to be a disguised security monitor.

The Gotals have stopped embracing and the msle looks like his is in considerable pain based upon the exression on his face. His arm is on the shoulder of his 'wife," who also shows pain and had her handsholding on to her head-cones. She winces as the security device appears to shortcircuit and burn out. Curiously, the blackened transparisteel shatters, and several shards fall, landing mostly unnoticed on the floor.

The Verpine is still going at it. The rogue, spotting the short circuit out of the corner of his eye while putting away the datapad takes a short look at the security device, and then his gaze falls upon the Hutt, who has seemingly appeared from nowhere. (lol!)

The cloaked thing remains almost motionless.

Krad-edis
7 June 2005, 04:13 PM
Hutt involvement? This Hutt looks rather young and mobile...Not like Dreghas. Dreghas...just remembering how he would lay there and eat...and occassionally put one of his stubby little fingers over his one of his flat nostrils and snot-rocket green slime over his servants as a joke. Hutt humor? Ugh...he even did this during diplomatic talks. Having a Hutt here would certainly make things interesting...and possibly dangerous. We should be on our guard.

Ahlihandra bowed politely to Lord Leon Corwell, and then gave the Ryn her ticket. She then noticed the younger Jedi's offer for her to sit.

"Jedi Kethar-Tungal...greetings, and thank you for saving me a seat," she said as she reached down to adjust her robe as she sat.

Corr Terek
7 June 2005, 04:28 PM
Leon noticed the Gotals' reaction to the apparent short-circuiting of the security device. Then his gaze wandered to the cloaked figure. He frowned. There was something odd about this one.

OOC: I'm gonna roll a Knowledge (Cultures) check to see if Leon can detect anything in the cloaked figure's clothing or mannerisms that would indicate a particular race or culture.

The roll is: 10, and (if I'm interpreting things correctly) the modifier is +4.

Kethar
7 June 2005, 06:12 PM
Kethar smiled at Ahlihandra and nodded. "Jedi Ahlihandra Zikura, it was nothing." He said, shifting over to lean on the side a bit.

He then looked oddly at the Hutt in the middle. What could a Hutt possibly help with...they were like giant slugs. He shrugged then turned back to Ahlihandra.

PsychoInfiltrator
8 June 2005, 02:27 PM
Leon notes that the cloak is made from patches of material generally found on Corulag, Corellia, and Nar Shadaa-there are also several miscellaneous patches, as well as one with a distinctly Vratix pattern.

The Gotals are now in a bad mood, heads still hurting. Their glarish gazes alight on mostly on Ahlihandra, Kethar, and Eltoo, and to a lesser extent on Leon. They also make a not-so-subtle attept to get as far away as possible from the above-mentioned without getting off their couch.

The Verpine is still playing away, and the rogue looks reproachfully at Eltoo, as if a protocol droid ought to know and tell the others of his party something important. The rogue then pointedly glances at the Gotals.

The Ryn looks up checks his chronometer, and temporarily shuts down the noise absorption shield, his voice being heard only barely over the young Verpine's game. "Five minutes till arrival at station C7." He then turns the shield back on with the remote.

PS: DB, it seems your choice of species is something that is going to require extra diplomacy to rectify a ceratin image problem.
Also, Ahlihandra, Wisdom check please.
All: Knowledge Alien Species check please.

Corr Terek
8 June 2005, 03:30 PM
OOC: Roll is a 14, with a modifier of +1

IC:

Leon couldn't gather much from the cloaked being's dress -- perhaps using several different cloth patters was intentional on the person's part. He frowned and became lost in though, completely missing out on the Gotals' discomfort, or the rogue's discreet attempts to get his attention.

PsychoInfiltrator
8 June 2005, 03:49 PM
(Eltoo's attention, not Leon's.)

Eltoo notices the rogue, and appears to be looking something up in his memory files, as he is imitating a quaint human habit of cocking one's head to one's side....

The cloaked one turns towards Leon, but his/her/its face is still hidden.

Kethar
8 June 2005, 07:29 PM
Kethar stared down at the floor, not feeling totally comfortable with all the eyes on him. He kept staring at the ground for a few more seconds, then turned to Ahlihandra.

"I wonder why I was chosen for this...of all t he Jedi." He said, looking her in the eye.
He knew he wasn't the most skilled Jedi of all time, but of course he was getting better. He had passed the Padawan section of the Jedi life, and was now an official Knight. But still...he wasn't the greatest. He wasn't so sure about her, since he had never seen her in action.

Kethar then looked back to the ground, waiting for some sort of reply. He pulled up his hood and rested his hand on his lightsaber and closed his eyes slightly.

Krad-edis
9 June 2005, 03:54 AM
Ahlihandra: Wisdom check total (D20 roll + Wis mod) = 17

Ahlihandra tries to give the Gotals as much room as possible and politely apologizes for her intrusion.

"Execuse me...sorry about nearly sitting on you two."

"I wonder why I was chosen for this...of all the Jedi," Kethar said as he looked towards her.

She smiled at his curiosity.

I was wondering the same thing about myself.

"When wondering about the path before oneself...a certain someone...someone whom you and I both are familiar with always used to say...'patience'. Yes, Master Skywalker would always say that the Force would reveal purpose in what you are doing if you ask it. 'Patience and the Force'. Relax, concentrate, feel the Force flowing through your body and all around you. What does it tell you? How are others feeling around you? That may provide you with some insight...but I suggest waiting to see what happens next. Time is also a provider of insight on what needs to be done...(smiling) and it also requires some patience as well."

Kethar
9 June 2005, 07:56 AM
Kethar thought about this for a second and a small smile crept across his face. Master Skywalker was one with the Force, and very wise.
Using the words she had just said, he relaxed, his muscles becoming less tense. He closed his eyes and nodded.

"This is the way it was meant to be..." He muttered to himself. "And yes, what comes next it not our choice. But I will be ready." He finished off.

PsychoInfiltrator
9 June 2005, 04:37 PM
"one with the Force" means he's dead. No killing NPCs I haven't even introduced into the campaign yet.

Oh, and Kethar, do some checking on the section in the RCRB where the Jedi Knight is mentioned.

And no, Krad-edis, don't spoil it for him.:P

PsychoInfiltrator
9 June 2005, 04:46 PM
Ahlihandra suddenly comes to the conclusion with the help of the Force that she is somehow the main cause of the Gotals' discomfort.

The cloaked one goes back to staring at nothingness.

Eltoo suddenly exclaims; "Oh dear! My memories indicate that Gotal head cones are sensitive to force users and droids. Apparently droids cause a buzzing sensation in a Gotal's head cones, and Force users, such as you, can individually cause small headaches. With three of you here and me, it is a wonder that the Gotals didn't go ballistic in the waiting room! ... Oh dear, I think i will shut myself off for the duration of this trip. Don't forget to turn me back on!" Eltoo shuts off, and suddenly the inertial compensators cut out and the compartment rotates 90 degrees and stops. The door that you got on through opens, leadin to what appears to be a metal cooridor. The sound fields shut off, but as the Ryn is sound asleep, the rogue quips: "Arrival on entry corridor 21. Enjoy your stay!"

Krad-edis
9 June 2005, 05:24 PM
Ahlihandra knew that the Gotal species could detect neutrino and radio waves, and could 'possibly' detect the Force, but had never heard of them getting headaches from doing so.

Perhaps it is that three of us are in such close proximity to them...

As the door opens, Ahlihandra tugs on Kethar's robe.

"If we are a source of their discomfort, let's give them some space. I didn't come here to intentionally leave a bad impression with anyone...especially honeymooners."

Corr Terek
9 June 2005, 05:32 PM
Leon catches Eltoo as the inertial compensators shut off, since the droid was unable to catch himself. Mentally kicking himself in the head for not remembering the Gotal sensitivity to technical equipment, he allowed the two Gotals to leave first before switching Eltoo back on.

The droid's eyes brightened. "Did I miss anything, Master Leon?" Leon chuckled. "No, you didn't. You've only been out for a few minutes."

He started to leave the compartment, but was accidently forced out of the way by the Hutt. Leon smothered a cough and carefully eased his way out as soon as there was room. Eltoo followed close behind, and the two Jedi and the rogue also followed.

"Well," Leon said, facing the Jedi. "What shall we do now?" He noticed the younger Jedi, and abruptly remembered they had not yet been introduced. "Your pardon, Sir Knight. I realize we have met before, but don't think I received your name. I am Lord Leon Corwell." He would have preferred not to use the title, but it was nothing less than the truth. And frankly, Leon considered the title of Jedi Knight rather above that of Lord.

PsychoInfiltrator
9 June 2005, 05:34 PM
The rogue leaves the pod quickly, entering the corridor, and after several meters, before an abrupt turn to the right in the corner, he removes what appears to have been quite the disguise from his face, and stuffs the one use piece of trash into his pocket.

The rogue now appears to be EXCEEDINGLY handsome, and the slight rawness on the cheeks where there was some adhesive prooves that this is his real face. His eyes are icy blue, his skin light in complexion, his face sharply defined, but not to sharp. His hair, about an inch long, is jet black. And it's obviously no die job, and seeing as he has already removed contacts, the eyes are real too. His entire figure, now with good posture-the posture of a respectable noble-is striking. The blaster pistol holster at his hip adds to the overall effect.

Edit: sp.

PsychoInfiltrator
9 June 2005, 05:38 PM
The Gotals quickly flee down the passage way, every almost running, each step away seemingly a great relief for them. At the end of the twenty meter corridor, they are back to the standing version of what you saw in the waiting room.

The cloaked one lingers in the pod.

The Ryn still sleeps.

And the pod shows no sign of leaving. A posted schedule in the corridor says that it has another twenty minutes to pick up any returning passengers (you all see none) before heading back.

Edit: sp.

Kethar
9 June 2005, 07:44 PM
Kethar stumbled to regain balance, then looked to Leon.

"I am Kethar Tun'Gal, knight of the Jedi Order." He said, feeling somewhat proud that -someone- had noticed him. Kethar leaned against a wall in the metal corridor, waiting for his fellow Jedi knight to come.

He looked up to the roof, and closed his eyes to relax again. That sudden jolt had rattled him, but he was alright.

If he had it his way, he wouldn't be doing this alone. He thought about what was to come, and didn't know what to expect at all. Well, if something bad did happen...he would be ready.

((OOC: Sorry I meant that he is just really powerful with the Force, y'know? Sorry though!))

Krad-edis
10 June 2005, 06:39 AM
The rogue now appears to be EXCEEDINGLY handsome

He's like me...beautiful...okay Ahli...stop this foolishness....but still, that's odd, why the disguise?

"Well.......what shall we do now?" the nobleman said as he turned towards Jedis Zikura and Kethar.

"Patience...wait, watch and see if anyone greets us...unless you have another plan...I'm open to suggestions."

"Your pardon, Sir Knight. I realize we have met before, but don't think I received your name. I am Lord Leon Corwell."

"I am Kethar Tun'Gal, knight of the Jedi Order," the younger Jedi accompanying Ahli Zikura said to Lord Corwell as they exited the pod and entered the cooridor.

Nice gentlemen, the both of them...I'm really wondering what this meeting is all about...and what the Hutt has to say.


He looked up to the roof, and closed his eyes to relax again. That sudden jolt had rattled him, but he was alright.

"Jedi Tun'Gal...are you okay?"

Kethar
10 June 2005, 03:32 PM
"Patience...wait, watch and see if anyone greets us...unless you have another plan...I'm open to suggestions." Ahli said.

"That sounds good to me. Nothing else we can really do anyway." He said. Kethar nodded to Ahli, he was perfectly fine.

"Im alright. Just anxious to get this started." He said, a small grin creeping across his face. He had always had a sense for adventure.

He then turned to Leon. "And what plan might you have, Sir Leon?" He asked.

Corr Terek
10 June 2005, 03:48 PM
Leon shrugged. "Well, since we were both contacted by the same person, I suppose I'll just stay with you and Jedi Zikura. It seems the best option, at any rate."

PsychoInfiltrator
11 June 2005, 05:15 AM
The rogue strolls away, exiting the corridor.

The cloaked figure walks past you, leaving the corridor.

(OOC: I don't mind if you people just talk for three weeks, but if you would like to advance the plot, kindly walk to the end of the corridor. B) )

Kethar
11 June 2005, 07:37 AM
Kethar watched as the cloaked figure walked past him. He looked at his two companions and started to walk down the hall. He motioned for the two to follow, they might as well follow him.

Corr Terek
11 June 2005, 02:17 PM
Leon shrugged and followed Jedi Tun'Gal. As he'd said, he really had nothing else to do.

Krad-edis
12 June 2005, 12:05 AM
Ahlihandra pats the small of her back and feels the handle of her Blastech DL-18 through her robes. She taps her lightsaber and briefly glances down to make sure that it is available at a moment's notice.

No name of a point of contact...no real idea why I am here...a suspicious robed figure...and suspicious activity from that dashing man...and no real idea what lays down the passageway.

"I don't need to tell you two to keep your eyes open...right?", she said as she followed behind trying to keep up with her taller companions' strides.

Edit: OOC: Ahilhandra is 4'11", so she'll be doing some power walking if you guys move at a brisk pace. :)

DarthBalmung
12 June 2005, 09:11 AM
Zucka listens to everything that is happening making sure to store it for later use. He follows the others down the corridor.

PsychoInfiltrator
12 June 2005, 04:08 PM
You all stand there, mouths agape.

A glittering, translucent blue-domed white metal ceiling covers the whole stadium. The stadium, about 500 meters in diameter, contains a fifty meters in diameter field with a small, upraised rotating podium and a microphone. A massice Jumbo-tron to display the speaker in a magnified view hangs from the ceiling. Currently it is showing commercials on everything from Sullastan deodorant to Ho'din headpieces to aftershave to BlasTech DL-44s to Corellian-raised dinkos and many, many more objects and services. At least 30,000 sentients are easily visible, including over a hundred security guards and GFFA troops.

The seats of the stadium start about twenty meters forwards with hundreds of sentients strolling around. After looking up, you note that you are underneath a small balcony, then spot a large sign saying "Dome 22-Main Debating Arena entrance 214." You see many turbolifts with signs leading to other pods (12, 3, 5, and 37), several to the upper balcony, a sign for washrooms, quite a few food stands (the ones nearby are Cable's Corellian Ryshcates, Tane's Selonian Foodstand, Buji's Ho'Din Dining, Sato's Coruscanti Experience, and a drinkstand; Fliffy's Drink and Beverage. (Fliffy appears to be a Rishi avian-the server is a Balosar.))
A group of Bothans passes in front of you, and lone sentients stroll around. A group of thugish brutes, including an
Abyssin, make for a turbolift. A Bothan slowly picks the pocket of a Kuati noble, who is curiously Telbun-less. Several Caamasi head for Cable's Corellian Ryshcates.

At the height of your awe, the Verpine pops out behind you, crosses across your view, and heads for an empty table outside of Tane's.

Kethar
13 June 2005, 12:50 PM
Spot check. 1d20, rolled a 17.

Kethar grinned at Ahli, and shook his head.

“No need to warn us at all.” He said and looked to Leon. He was sure he would say the same.

Kethars mouth dropped open slightly as he looks around the massive stadium. He watched as the ads showed all sorts of different things. He watched as people rushed in and out of turbolifts, then noticed something. A Bothan had just picked the pocket of a Kuati person, and his brow furrowed.

“You there! Stop!” He shouted and pointed to the Bothan. He grabbed his saber, just holding it in hand if he had needed it. He stared down the Bothan, if he chose to run he would have him in his sights.

PsychoInfiltrator
13 June 2005, 02:44 PM
The Bothan drops the wallet back into the Kuati's pocket, then flees to your right. The oblivious Kuati continues strolling to your left.

(OOC: Kethar: I know what die is used to make Spot checks.;) A reminder to everybody to add on any modifiers by ability or skill ranks to their rolss in this form: (die result)+(skill rank/ability modifier)+(species bonus (if any))=(total) )

EDIT: PS: Advertising that you are Jedi in a possibly hostile area may not be a good thing.
So when you get to one, consider the above.:P

Kethar
13 June 2005, 03:05 PM
Kethar sighed a sigh of relief. That was good, no big long chase to happen. He quickly put away his saber, maybe it wasn't a great thing to show it off. He looked at the others, then shrugged.

"What now?" He asked, looking around the large dome.

(OOC: Hehe okay just making sure :P Good point, no swinging my saber around carelessly)

PsychoInfiltrator
14 June 2005, 01:37 PM
Three Caamasi stop walking about ten feet in front of you, talking amongst themselves, seemingly unsure of what to do.

Two Verpine spot you, as you are somewhat conspicuous what with the Jedi robes and all and walk towards you.

One of them has a holstered shattergun at his side.

The Kuati is lost to your view for a moment, then Leon notices her step into a turbolift to pod 5.

A large party of Hnemthe and an extended family of Sullastans slow the Verpine's approach.

A Barabel takes note of the Verpine and glares at them.

Miscellaneous other sentients bustle around.

Krad-edis
15 June 2005, 07:50 AM
Jedi Zikura watches as the Caamasi talk amongst themselves....

They're probably reminding each other to be diplomatic and be ready to listen to any newcomer they meet. The Caamasi are great listeners.

....but what draws most of her attention are the approaching Verpine.

A shattergun is a particularly nasty weapon. Why does that fellow have one...and why is he...it walking towards me?

Sense Motive on approaching Verpines and the glaring Barabel (roll result 10 +4 ranks + 1 Wis mod = 15)

OOC: If this check doesn't provide insight or fit into the alloted time for usage (not working at all), then she'll just be on her guard and act politely as long as they do.

Corr Terek
15 June 2005, 07:56 AM
Leon noticed the approaching Verpines and shifted uneasily. He unconsciously touched the handle of his concealed vibro-dagger, meanwhile trying to size things up. The Verpines didn't *appear* to be angry, but Leon was no judge of alien species. However, if their intention was hostile, the angry Barabel might prove a friend.

Leon tried to calm himself a little. If the Verpines were intent on harming him, he had his weapons and was trained to use them. As for protection...well, he was just going to have to depend on the Jedi for that.

PsychoInfiltrator
15 June 2005, 05:44 PM
The Verpine arrive.

The Caamasi abandon conversation and watch the Verpine, listening intently.

The Barabel just looks angry. Sort of disgusted. And then he pats the vibrosword dangling off his belt and cradles his E-11 and looks at the Verpines with a "give it your best shot, you sleazy dirtballs" look at the Verpines.

The Verpine on your right speaks up. (The one on your left has the shattergun. This one just has a DL-44 in plain view.)

OOC: This maybe a peaceful dome, but any weapons restrictions appear to be unenforced...

IC:
"Ah, Mastersz Jedai," he starts in clipped, almost slaughtered Basic. There is a definate accent. But not a Verpine accent, as if he learned basic from somebody with a weird accent-a random one.
"Eszcorting a noble I seeez. Weez are goingz to be prez-enting a proposal to the politicoz (he cocks his head slightly, apparently wondering if he used proper slang) to have the Barabelz {ptooiez!} pay uzz back for the shipz they ztole in the war against the V- Despicablez. We wish a full payment forz the shipz. We needz trained diplomatz to argue our cause. We also wish that the Barabel {ptooiez!} plan for colonization and aid in rehabilitating their planet be blocked for their crimez."
[Pause]
"What thinkz you?"
[Long pause]
The other Verpine speaks up to his companion. {Huttese} We could offer them creditz. Kwi-zrae say we get {/Huttese} {Verpine} djg sjs ... ser kha vadu tykh[click] swi ngu ziz{/Verpine} {Huttese} We can afford it, the- ... they'll pay for it. They'd do anything to get back at the Kubaz-and I'm fine with that.{/Huttese}"

The original Verpine ponders for a moment, and then awaits a response.

PS: OOC: Whenever I put in gibberish like that, it is not in fact true to language unless by accident-just gibberish to indicate approximately how long someone speaks in an unknown language. I didn't bother to check for Leon or Ahli what languages they know, but I know Kethar and Zecka speak Huttese.

Corr Terek
15 June 2005, 06:07 PM
OOC: I don't suppose I could ask Eltoo later what the other Verpine said, could I? Oh yes, and is Zucka a member of our group or just tagging along?

Leon speaks/understands Basic and Gungan, by the way.

IC:

Leon spoke. "If you would give us a moment, friends, to discuss your offer amongst ourselves, we will have an answer for you momentarily."

He stepped a few feet away from the Verpines and watched the others follow suit. He spoke in a low voice. "While the Verpine's request for reimbursement seems reasonable, I don't think the Barabel reconstruction efforts should be stopped." He paused. "This request doesn't feel right to me. Eltoo, how much of that conversation did you catch?"

Kethar
15 June 2005, 08:08 PM
"While the Verpine's request for reimbursement seems reasonable, I don't think the Barabel reconstruction efforts should be stopped." He paused. "This request doesn't feel right to me. Eltoo, how much of that conversation did you catch?" Leon whispers.

Kethar leaned in as Leon talked and shook his head. "If you ask me, it doesn't sound reasonable at all. It could possibly stop lives from continuing forward." He said with a shrug. "But what can we do?"

Kethar thought for a second, then shrugged again. "Im not sure if we can do anything at all. Maybe it is best not to mingle-" He said and paused. "Thats just my opinion though..."

Krad-edis
16 June 2005, 05:05 AM
"That's just my opinion though..."

Just unreasonable eh? No...it is outright stupid of the Verpine to think they are going to get anywhere by having anyone argue that their ships are more of a priority than an entire people...The Galactic Council would tar and feather them. They'd be the laughing stock...or, people would be so angry with them at what they are suggesting, that they might end up assassinated. To suggest blocking aide to Barab I and its noble people that fought against the Vong...while the brokers safely hid in their asteroid field whining about missing ships....wow... If I tell the Verpine anything, it is that they will need a much better debater than I...and probably one that is blaster bolt proof.

Ahli looked at both Leon and Kethar, and raised her eyebrows as she spoke.

"The Verpine plan is outright vindictive...I would just assume tell the Verpine ship brokers to sit and twirl, but the only thing that comes to mind that would be constructive in this matter...if we are to partake in this...is to remind them that the Barabel people fought the Vong with their ships which were "forcefully borrowed". I'm sure that the honorable Barabel people can and would return the ones they still have...but the ones that were destroyed...well, the Verpine will just have to take a loss. The Barabel did the fighting and dying while the Verpine did the spending. Everyone has made sacrafices. Everyone is in need of compensation, but as of now, there really is none except with the giving back of the remaining ships. If we are all to exist, we must do so and let bygones be bygones...especially when there are more pressing matters. I will not argue for the blocking of aide to anyone, especially if they are non-Peace Brigade affiliated...and...heroes"

OOC: Ahlihandra speaks Huttese, and is somewhat hip to their jive. :)

Kethar
16 June 2005, 06:13 AM
"The Verpine plan is outright vindictive...I would just assume tell the Verpine ship brokers to sit and twirl, but the only thing that comes to mind that would be constructive in this matter...if we are to partake in this...is to remind them that the Barabel people fought the Vong with their ships which were "forcefully borrowed". I'm sure that the honorable Barabel people can and would return the ones they still have...but the ones that were destroyed...well, the Verpine will just have to take a loss. The Barabel did the fighting and dying while the Verpine did the spending. Everyone has made sacrafices. Everyone is in need of compensation, but as of now, there really is none except with the giving back of the remaining ships. If we are all to exist, we must do so and let bygones be bygones...especially when there are more pressing matters. I will not argue for the blocking of aide to anyone, especially if they are non-Peace Brigade affiliated...and...heroes"

Well if you looked at it that way. "I see your side now. I agree." Is all he said and turned to Leon.

"How about you?" He asked, looking back to the Veripine and Barabel.

Corr Terek
16 June 2005, 12:44 PM
Leon nodded slowly. "We are agreed, then, that blocking aid to the Barabels is a vindictive thing that none of us wish any part in. I agree also with Jedi Zikura -- what Verpine ships that the Barabels still have should be returned to their rightful owners."

He glanced back at the Verpines, and slight smile crossed his lips. "Of course, the Verpines may not be entirely thrilled with our decision..."

PsychoInfiltrator
16 June 2005, 04:29 PM
Well, somebody tell your decision to the Verpine!

IC: After rerunning the scene in his head, Elto speaks up: He was talking rather fast-with an accent, believe it or not-but I caught something about rich Hutts and the Kubaz government cracking down on spice.

DarthBalmung
16 June 2005, 05:18 PM
Zucka tries to say something, but gives up, and watches. still storing info. for later use.

Corr Terek
16 June 2005, 06:36 PM
Leon turns, resuming the role of group spokesman for the moment. "We must respectfully decline your offer, sirs. While we are quite willing to offer aid in recovering any ships that were...appropriated...anything more is beyond our power."

Kethar
16 June 2005, 07:51 PM
Kethar nodded in agreement. "If you do not like our decision, please say so now." He saidand glancedd around the group for reassurance.

Krad-edis
17 June 2005, 02:26 AM
"If you do not like our decision, please say so now."

...but don't draw that shatter gun or we'll not care for your decision in the least...

The Verpine might have been processing over in their insectoid minds what just happened. Kethar's response seemed to jolt them a bit after Lord Corwell's declining of their proposal. Ahlihandra politely nodded to the Verpine who seemed to be doing the most talking (the one toting a DL-44).

Hopefully this clarifies our feelings and points them in the right direction...

"Sir, I don't see why you need repesentation, and I really don't think this needs to be a galactic affair. This sounds like a matter that can be mended by your representatives arranging to meet with Barab I's representatives either at your asteroid field, or on Barab I. I think that the honorable Barabel people would heartily agree that what they don't need, needs to be given back to you now that the Vong threat has been extinguished. They were wrong for taking them...but they would have been more wrong for standing there with their teeth in their mouths watching the Vong get closer and closer to....your system. Agree?......Don't you see? You are both allies...or at least should be. For your losses, I am very sure that the Barabel will probably tell you what I am about to tell you: blame the Vong. The Vong were the ones that caused the problem in the first place. I think both your party and the Barabels would agree to that...if you both are reasonable. I must urge you though not to push blocking aide to their world in whatever arrangements you make. If you wish to bring others into the matter...which I don't recommend... it will make matters worse for relations between your people and the Barabel. I tend to believe that more outside groups will side with them on this affair...especially when putting the value of your ships over the lives of innocent Barabel civilians. You risk alienating yourself from the galactic arena...or worse. Everyone has suffered. You have lost ships, and the Barabel who have been lost to us when they piloted them...are even more irreplaceable. We must all be prepared to give...and that means everyone....Settle out of court and out of congressional proceeding whenever you can. Talk to each other...Don't shoot your ally."

Edit OOC: How far away is the Barabel?

Kethar
17 June 2005, 06:34 AM
Kethar listened intently, gazing at Ahli. She was really good at speaches and things, and it was coming from the top of her head.
Then there was him. He chuckled a bit to himself, then turned to the Verpine, awaiting their response.

PsychoInfiltrator
18 June 2005, 05:16 AM
OOC: distance? standard conversational. square directly in front of you. both in same square.

IC:

The Verpine look somwhat unhappy. (rolling your memory (aka Wis) checks for you to speed this up...)
Verpine w/dl-44-"Butz you see this great meeting was called for the purposes of meeting and settling problems diplomatically...and Verpine don'zt make well diplomatz... We need zee help of uther diplomatz. The conniving Barabel cannibalistic body-zellers {ptooie!} are alzo trying to enlist the help of otherz. Just like evybodEz elze here-even yor Mazter Skywalker haz brot a Twi'lek lawyer to help argue hiz case for restoration of the Grate Temple on Yavinz Fore. But sureliez U knew that, Masterz Jedi."
{Pause}
The other Verpine speaks up in Basic, (looking at Leon) "Good noble, may I/we speak to U in private?" He makes hand motions indicating Leon is to walk with him a short distance (10 meters) but far enough away that due to all the noiseof those arund you, it would be nigh impossible to hear a conversation.

The Barabel has sheathed his E-11, and is moving closer to the group.

OOC: To Leon and Ahli:

You both remember that many years before, after the Barabels had gotten spaceflight, they had hired the Verpine to make ships for them, a large number-but the Verpine defaulted them on the contract. The Barabels started selling Verpine body parts to the Kubaz, who ate them as a delicacy, and total war between the 2 species was only averted by a large delegation of well-trained Caamasi. Relations between the two species have been poor ever since, with the Verpines often refusing to sell ships to those employers who employ Barabels, and the Kubaz occasionally being sold a cetain delicacy.

Krad-edis
18 June 2005, 05:30 AM
OOC: distance? standard conversational. square directly in front of you. both in same square.

OOC: Jeez! I thought he was out of conversational range. Oooops :)

IC:

I can see why you need help with diplomatic issues friend. Calling those on the opposite side of the debate conniving canibal meat marketers doesn't do much to patch things up....

To DL-44 toting Verpine:

"I wish you luck in resolving the matter peacefully. Just remember everyone has had their share of fault and suffering. The only thing one can do now is move on. Like I said, everyone has to give. Bringing up past injustices will get you nowhere. When you speak, urge them to listen. When they speak, give them your undivided attention...and really listen. Don't just plot or look for ways to exploit or embezzle what you feel is your share of ship compensation. You are more likely to get compensation that way..."

....and not get the snot beat out of you by a species that participates in Shockboxing as a national sport.

Corr Terek
18 June 2005, 10:05 AM
Leon nodded to the Verpine and followed him, Eltoo not far behind. "Very well, I'm listening. What do you wish to say?"

Frankly, he was beginning to like the Verpines less and less, but for the sake of politeness he was willing to give them a hearing.

PsychoInfiltrator
19 June 2005, 06:03 AM
To Leon, From shattegunman: "Look, we reeeaaally need some diplomatic help. He's chief diplomat-and a numbskull. We can pay compensation-6,000 signing bonus, 30,000 if you do your job well, 10,000 otherwsie, and multiple Verpine with shatterguns between you and the Barabels as long as necessary. I'm sure you can see some other advantages for you that I haven't pointed out...tell ya what-(places comlink into Leon's hand) you can think i over for awhile. If you turn this on, it patches directly to Verpine Headquarters. Call us if you choose to take our offer."
(The Verpine returns to stand beside his friend), just as Mr. DL-44 says:
"Thankyouz for conzidering helping us. Goodbye!" They walk away.

OOC: Oops! I misread, thought it said Verpine. The Barabel is about six meters to your right, two metters in front. He's currently watching the unhappy Verpine disappear into the crowd-for that matter you can only stray glimpses of him, as the crowd has gotten denser. There is a ten-minute countdown on the large "Jumbotron."

PsychoInfiltrator
19 June 2005, 12:22 PM
This ain't no hive mind. What one group member sees alone, the others don't. I know for a fact Krad and Corr have visted SWRPGN since the last update, why no speking?

Corr Terek
19 June 2005, 07:13 PM
This ain't no hive mind. What one group member sees alone, the others don't. I know for a fact Krad and Corr have visted SWRPGN since the last update, why no speking?

OOC: I attend church on Sundays, and the time I normally would have used to post disappeared when mom needed the computer. I barely had time to check on the game. Our family is part of a growing Christian drama organization and the past few weeks have been somewhat hectic.

*Hopefully* I'll post tomorrow. Should things happen before then, just consider Leon as following the Jedi's lead.

Krad-edis
20 June 2005, 03:30 AM
I know for a fact Krad and Corr have visted SWRPGN since the last update, why no speking?

OOC: For starters, I have a family and am a recent father with my second child. Secondly, I am running three games and playing in two others. If you think I am obligated to post more than once daily...or even daily (which I never agreed to do more than a few a week), I'm sorry to disappoint you. I'll post when I have time.

Edit: Is there going to be a problem if not everyone responds to you within a day? If so, I might have to find another game.

Krad-edis
20 June 2005, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
(The Verpine returns to stand beside his friend), just as Mr. DL-44 says:
"Thankyouz for conzidering helping us. Goodbye!" They walk away.

The Barabel is about six meters to your right, two metters in front. He's currently watching the unhappy Verpine disappear into the crowd-for that matter you can only stray glimpses of him, as the crowd has gotten denser. There is a ten-minute countdown on the large "Jumbotron."

"Well unless that fellow has anything to say, let's look for a program or directory. I still don't have much an idea of why I am here yet. How does that sound Kethar...Lord Corwell?"

Corr Terek
20 June 2005, 09:08 AM
"That sounds fine to me." Leon said, rejoining the group. He pocketed the commlink, unsure as of yet what he would do with it. The money itself wasn't tempting -- his mother and father had more than enough to satisfy any want Leon could have. And the hint that he might need protection from the Barabels was not reassuring either.

He decided that later, when they had more time, he would consult the Jedi on the matter. In the meanwhile, he would follow their lead.

PsychoInfiltrator
20 June 2005, 02:01 PM
My last post was quite rude-I have now learned not to post on the Holonet when I'm really pissed off at somebody.


Sorry about that last post!
It was completely out of character for me.

anyways,

IC:

The Barabel starts walking towards you. His E-11 is trained at the approximate position of the Verpine. He's- well - enraged. The look on his face shows that he heard the whole conversation-or at least the Verpine half- and it was probably due to the small piece of machinery hooked up to his left ear with a mini-microphone pointed forwards.

You've got maybe 30 seconds befor the Barabel arrives-the crowd is getting uncomfortably dense and he's going against the current.

BTW, the noise of the crowd is getting louder, and the timer reads 9:30 left.

Corr Terek
20 June 2005, 03:28 PM
Leon noticed the Barabel steadily moving toward the Verpines, and realized that things could get very nasty very quickly. So Leon decided to pull a trick he'd learned from his older brother -- he tripped, slamming into a Twi'lek noble in front of him, who in turn fell into two of the Caamasi, who stumbled against a slightly drunken fringer.

Leon regained his balance and immediately began helping others to their feet, apologizing profusely. The resulting confusion managed to create a slight roadblock for the Barabel. Meanwhile, Eltoo, recognizing the scheme, was already in conference with the two Jedi. Hopefully they'd manage to resolve the potential situation.

Krad-edis
21 June 2005, 04:19 AM
The Barabel is about six meters to your right, two metters in front. He's currently watching the unhappy Verpine disappear into the crowd-for that matter you can only stray glimpses of him, as the crowd has gotten denser. There is a ten-minute countdown on the large "Jumbotron."

As long as he stays over there and keeps cool, then this matter appears closed.


The Barabel starts walking towards you. His E-11 is trained at the approximate position of the Verpine. He's- well - enraged.

Leon reacted first, and watching the diversion the noble had set up, Ahli knew it was only a temporary fix.

"Oh no!" shrieked Eltoo.

Oh no is right...I want that weapon.

"Kethar, we're back on the clock."

First action: Warn Kethar.
Second action: Since Mr. Non-Diplomatic is within 10 meters, perform Move Object (roll 15 + 5 ranks + 2 Int = 22) on the E-11. I want control over the weapon.

OOC: This is only if I can snag the rifle without it smacking into people in between Ahli and the Barabel. I assume I can do so if we can see him approaching and that his weapon is trained on the Verpine. If the check succeeds (and with E-11 in hand):

"You had best calm yourself and act in a civil manner. Come over here and talk to us...peacefully."

If it fails, I'll wait to see what happens before I commit to anything.

PsychoInfiltrator
21 June 2005, 09:01 AM
I think you may have missed something. I think I'll explain with emphasis on the importsant parts.

The Barabel is walking towards YOU and pointing his gun at the VERPINE who ARE NOT WITH YOU ANYMORE and if you can barely see him, HE CAN BARELY SEE THE YOU OR THE VERPINE, and since he is not moving towards the Verpine, he is moving towards YOU, his problem appears to be with the VERPINE but he ISN'T TRYING TO KILL THEM. He's just furious with them.

PsychoInfiltrator
21 June 2005, 09:12 AM
The Barabel slightly trips ver the foot of a young Zabrak, but recovers, only to notice that when he tripped, his gun went flying. (due to the Force, but he doesn't seem to know that) Fortunately for him, the gun bounced off of a female Selonian, so he caught it, then sheathed it.
He then arrives at his destination-the exact smae spot the Verpine occupied when they were talking to you.

"Mastersss Jediizsss!"
"Welcome to the conferensss. (you notice that the accent of the Verpine diplomat was somewhat similar, though this one sounds less fake.) I apologize for the inconveniencesss caused by the Ver-Pinesss.
Doubtlesssly they have tried to enlist your aid in shutting down our attempt to apply for relief for Barabels and the restoration of Barab 1."

The Caamasi you noticed earlier walk up behind the Barabel and join him.

"Elithpass-Velssspa + Hurdia-I wasss just explaining to theesse Jedi and the noble about the issues of rebuilding Barab 1."

(Note-Elithpas is the left Camaasi, Velspa on the right and Hurdia in the centre)

PsychoInfiltrator
21 June 2005, 09:15 AM
The Caamasi on the right speaks up. "Doubtlessly you have heard of the various rebuilding projects that both we and the Barabels are advocating for? We would be happy to explain them if you have not."

(Hurdia ushers everybody into an abondoned corner where you can speak hopefully uninterrupted. The clock now read 8:20 remaining.)

Corr Terek
21 June 2005, 09:44 AM
The Barabel is walking towards YOU and pointing his gun at the VERPINE who ARE NOT WITH YOU ANYMORE and if you can barely see him, HE CAN BARELY SEE THE YOU OR THE VERPINE, and since he is not moving towards the Verpine, he is moving towards YOU, his problem appears to be with the VERPINE but he ISN'T TRYING TO KILL THEM. He's just furious with them.

OOC: According to my, and my character's knowledge, there are very few times a furious Barabel *doesn't* have mayhem on his mind. With this in mind, my character decided that the best course of action would be to slow him down, thus ensuring that there was less likelihood of menace.

This is one of those times when it seemed best to separate player knowledge and character knowledge -- *I* knew the Barabel was likely to be friendly. However, *Leon* did not. And you said yourself his gun was pointing toward the Verpine.

IC: Leon allowed himself to be ushered into a corner along with the Jedi, and kept his ears open. He was relieved, of course, that the Barabel had proved friendly. He was also relieved that the Barabel hadn't seemed to notice that the "accident" Leon had engineered wasn't quite so accidental.

PsychoInfiltrator
21 June 2005, 10:23 AM
I seewhere you are coming from, but in future to help make sure I know that YOU know what's going on, if you feel that to be properly IC you must flagrantly disregard your own knowledge in similar way, please make an OOC note of it. It will allow me, as novice GM, to handle the situation better.

Thanks for your cooperation, and somebody really ought to go rescue the OOC thread...lol!

Krad-edis
21 June 2005, 11:18 AM
The Barabel starts walking towards you. His E-11 is trained at the approximate position of the Verpine. He's- well - enraged. The look on his face shows that he heard the whole conversation-or at least the Verpine half- and it was probably due to the small piece of machinery hooked up to his left ear with a mini-microphone pointed forwards.

OOC: First we see him...


The Barabel is walking towards YOU and pointing his gun at the VERPINE who ARE NOT WITH YOU ANYMORE and if you can barely see him, HE CAN BARELY SEE THE YOU OR THE VERPINE, and since he is not moving towards the Verpine, he is moving towards YOU, his problem appears to be with the VERPINE but he ISN'T TRYING TO KILL THEM. He's just furious with them.

OOC: Now we don't? Ugh? (insert caveman confused noise) You see, when you describe the fact that we can see the look on his face, I get the impression that we can see him. Okay, so now maybe we can't see his face....but he is still moving towards us, and he is leveling a blaster at another party, then my orginal intent is still valid.....I want that gun. Now with a roll of 22, I really don't know why I don't I don't have that blaster in my hands (unless that E-11 weighs more than 500 kg) if it left his. I'm having a real hard time understanding what's going on with first being told that we can see him and his facial expressions and small earpiece equipment, and now we can hardly see him? Changing things around like that paralyzes anyone from really being able to make a sound move.


his problem appears to be with the VERPINE but he ISN'T TRYING TO KILL THEM. He's just furious with them.

OOC: I've been furious with people too in my life, but I didn't level my .357 at them. When you point or train a blaster at someone, and I am using "trained" because you those are your exact words in your description, you usually intend to vape them....and that is why I want that blaster in Ahli's hands, and not his....regardless of his ordinary alignment...he appears to be in the process of attempted murder.

Krad-edis
21 June 2005, 11:22 AM
OOC: Not that it matters now that the attempted murder is apparently now...over...but I hope matters are made much more clear in the future the first time. :)

PsychoInfiltrator
21 June 2005, 11:27 AM
You also indicated that you would do this "only if I can snag the rifle without it smacking into people in between Ahli and the Barabel." Well, it got out of his hands, and it flew, but somebody got in the way in an unforseen manner, and do to the above, I assumed that you didn't want to drag them with the blaster and therefore would stop your yanking of his gun, which allowed him to grab it. (and sheath it, soem reading-between-the-lines might give you some of his possible motives-not sfe to carry a weapo not on safety like that in a crowd, since you got to se a little of him, chances aare he saw a little of you and doesn't want to make to much of a horrible first impression-maybe he deems that the Verpine are far enogh away that they won't cause further trouble-who knows? I do, but feel free to guess.) Also, that wasn't the first time (by a longshot) that I mentioned that it wasn't a perfect view that you were getting of him-but a glimps of his head alone could easily give you all the information that I gave you.


Anyway, back to the IC.

Kethar
21 June 2005, 06:12 PM
Kethar nods to Ahli, and slowly puts his hand on his lightsaber. If it was needed, then he would use it. His face had a serious expression on it. He looked at Leon, then back to Ahli, waiting for someone else to do something.

PsychoInfiltrator
23 June 2005, 09:10 AM
Is anybody going to reply to the Caamasi?

Corr Terek
23 June 2005, 10:53 AM
OOC: No, we have all taken 2-month-long cruise vacations. :D

IC: Leon nodded to the Caamasi. "We've heard mention, yes, but no specifics. Could you elaborate, please?"

PsychoInfiltrator
23 June 2005, 01:33 PM
OOC: I'm shocked and appalled.

That you didn't invite me!:P

Anyways, I'm running low on time right now, so expect an update either late today, midday tomorrow, or sometime Saturday. I'd post it now, but the explanation may be quite lengthy.

PsychoInfiltrator
24 June 2005, 01:03 PM
Hurdia: The Barabels, Caamasi and Noghri have all unified, working together to achieve our goals. The Barabels are lookign for funding to how restore Barab 1, and also a facility for research into planetery restoration. The Noghri are looking for funding for Honoghr, butmainly for a decon droid factory. We Caamasi are giving what money we have and helping both groups with diplomact as well as getting small Caamasi colonies set up on Honoghr and Barab 1, with the eventual aim of rebuilding Caamas fromn the planetary debris and various asteroids, particularly a large, thousand year orbit planetoid that we are currently manipulating the orbit of. It is a long term alliance.

Barabel: We Barabelz have pledged to help our partners and to use or facility to help them.

Hurdia: The Noghri will also be donating deacon droids for both efforts.

Barabel: It iz a long term effort-

Hurdia: But it will benefit us all.

PsychoInfiltrator
28 June 2005, 07:16 AM
I'm going on vac so for the next 2 or so weeks, this campaign is paused.

Not abandoned, paused.

Psych.

PsychoInfiltrator
17 July 2005, 04:44 AM
Start posting!

BTW, Zuccka, you might want to diplomatically invite yourself into the conversation about now, as to how-use your knowledge of such conversations. No hints! (Besides, I'm only ... 1/5 of everybody here, so they control whether or not it works more than me, but the willl respond to any Zucka says in proper character, so beware.

PsychoInfiltrator
19 July 2005, 05:54 PM
What happened to Krad-edis?

Anyways, has anyone heard about anything with Darth Balmung and/or Kethar? Are they on vac?

Krad-edis
19 July 2005, 08:04 PM
What happened to Krad-edis?

This is from the OOC section:


Present. I'll be posting tomorrow evening.

OOC: Okay, I said I'd post this evening when I replied yesterday. Well, it is this evening and I'm about to post. I'm not AWOL like you are making me out to be. Relax a bit. :)

IC: Ahli listens carefully to Huridia, but some of it doesn't quite make sense to her.

I can understand sentimentalities, but working to recreate a world that is pulvarized...when they could just be out looking for one that looks similar. How much money is that going to cost?

"It most certainly is a long term effort...One that I wonder whether is going to be worth it in the end. I see your faces. I know what I say may be shocking to you now, and I do not mean to offend. It is just that I'm not so sure rebuilding would be the answer. Not only would it take lots of time and money, think about the attachment to dark times that Memnii would cause for the Caamasi once they are on their rebuilt and still very ruined world. The world would never be the same again, regardless of whether or not it would be in the same system and same system orbit....it wouldn't be the Caamas that they Caamasi people once knew and loved. I feel that getting in touch with those that had pre-war scouting records to find a planet similar to Caamas would be much better. There are still worlds out there that have been untouched by the Vong. Whole sections of the galaxy, the size of a full quadrant are still waiting to be re-explored....and none, as far as we know were even looked upon by Vong eyes. It is noble of the Barabel and Noghri to allow colonies, but the Caamasi could have a world in a matter of months...one similar to the Caamas that they once knew...and no negative memories of the death and destruction that occured there. Instead, they would have memories of starting anew...memories of hope, growth...starting over in peace. I also think it would be cheaper, faster, and better for all...but...again...I know my place. If you all know those who are the administrators of this project, please inform them of a possible better, faster, and cheaper option....Or, do you wish for us to do that?"

OOC: If a Diplomacy roll is needed here, I can roll that for you upon your request.

PsychoInfiltrator
20 July 2005, 08:32 AM
Hurrdia: We appreciate your concern, but we must rebuild Caamas. We know that it will never be the same, but when a family is torn apart by war, do not the other family memebers solidify their bonds and rebuild their family? So it is for the Caamasi.

A Noghri warrior appears out of the crowd and turns toward Ahil. Ahlihandra'Zikura clan Jedi, are you not? Your Master, the Son of Vader, wishes your presence.

The Noghri exchanges quick greetings with the Caamais and the Barabel, then motions for Ahli to follow him.

Krad-edis
21 July 2005, 07:44 AM
Hurrdia: We appreciate your concern, but we must rebuild Caamas. We know that it will never be the same, but when a family is torn apart by war, do not the other family memebers solidify their bonds and rebuild their family? So it is for the Caamasi.

This reasoning defies logic. The Caamasi can rebuild their war torn familes on another world. They don't have to stay on a lifeless rock in order to be together. They wouldn't be the first people to move on to another world after theirs had been decimated by war or disaster. No, most survivors move on by relocating after being left worldless....to another world. One doesn't have to look far to find a species in here that....

"Ahlihandra'Zikura clan Jedi, are you not? Your Master, the Son of Vader, wishes your presence."

Ah...a Noghri...a race of people who largely left their ruined world of Honoghr for Wayland. Some stayed...almost all left. A long term process the terrafarmers call it....so long that the generation that cares most about their homeworld will be dead before they see real progress. The Noghri are smart...the Caamasi...how long are they going to wait? Indefinitely I guess. I hope they know not to hold their breath.

"Very well, Hurida. Good luck to you during these talks. Perhaps others will be so kind to help you set up colonies."

Ahli then greets the Noghri.

At least someone here is shorter than I.

"Greetings warrior...what clan do you serve?"

Corr Terek
21 July 2005, 08:55 AM
OOC: Uh, should I be accompanying Ahlihandra? I've been waiting for an opening to post, but haven't yet seen one.

PsychoInfiltrator
21 July 2005, 09:41 AM
OOC: Corr, you get the same openings as Ahli-she doesn't have to do all of the talking. Anyways, with Ahli leaving to visit Master Luke you (and Kethar if he shows up, and if he doesn't soon, he's out) will have lots of opportunities to post. And Balmung, I know you are busy, but please try and post soon.

Noghri: I am Selukar Clan Baktor(sp?). Come, follow me.
He begins walking away, evidentally he's going back to Luke whether you do or not.

Hurrdia:You must excues us, or we will be late for our meeting with the Elomin.
The Caamasi bow slightly and vanish into the crowd.

Barabel: Would you like a tour of the Barabel headquarters, good sirs?

Corr Terek
21 July 2005, 10:51 AM
Leon smiled. "Yes, please, Master Barabel. I would enjoy seeing a tour of your facilities."

DarthBalmung
21 July 2005, 11:37 AM
Zucka nods or does the closest thing to Hutt nodding. The then speaks to the Barabel
Zucka activates his translator droid and begins to speak in Huttese
"You have my backing with your project. I will donate whatever I can to help you and your people.
Zucka thinks to himself after, I can never understand losing a home but I can understand being forced to wander. I am not like my brethern, I will give them back their home or help.

PsychoInfiltrator
21 July 2005, 12:48 PM
The Barabel is about to start walking, but suddenly there is a loud cheer as the 'Jumbotron' suddenly shows a zoomed in view of the main speaking platform. A Bith mounts the platform.

Barabel: "That's Chairman Doik Nattzsss"

Chairman: "The recess is over. The debate will now resume, with the addition of the honored negotiator Rat Nebular taking the position of lead speaker for the Quarren delegation."

On the Jumbotron an image of the rogue you saw earlier, dressed in somewhat formal, stylish, clothing (Dark blue pants, black gunbelt, black uniform, a custom gun is in the holster of the gunbelt) with a grin on his face.

Krad-edis
22 July 2005, 01:13 AM
OOC: I guess I didn't make it clear earlier. Ahli will follow the Noghri back to Luke.

PsychoInfiltrator
22 July 2005, 09:15 AM
Selukar and Ahli wind through a maze of turbolifts, and mostly deserted passages, eventually winding up at what appears to be a command center. Various high ranking military personnel direct the actions of technicians and security guards, doing everything from deploying security to break up brawls and repair droids to fix some broken lighting.

Luke is waiting. The Noghri vanishes.
Luke opens his mout to speak, but a Jedi Master you recognize as Kam Solusar runs over and passes a comlink to Luke.
"Its Streen. He says one of the students hs fled the Academy."

Luke takes the comlink and puts it to his ear, belatedly apologizing to Ahlihandra about the interuption.

Kam stands in front of you, a grave look on his face.

Krad-edis
26 July 2005, 10:36 AM
Ahli saw Master Skywalker waiting, and as she was escorted to him...she was already going over a brief in her mind for her master.

I am trying to remain optimistic about these talks. There are plenty of parties here that are doing things...well, harder and not smarter....and certainly not cost affectively. However, yes, I am happy that these people at least have the freedom to make their choices as opposed to having them made for them...It's a start.

The exiting of Selukar seemed to mark the arrival of Master Solusar on que....

"Its Streen. He says one of the students hs fled the Academy."

Master Skywalker's face was one of mixed frustration and grim concern. Kam looked like someone had walked over his grave. This wasn't the first time that a stundent had fled the school...and sadly, Master Skywalker had cranked out a half-trained Jedi seeking a dark path for about every Jedi who completed their training at his Academy. It was a sad fact, and one that Master Skywalker is still coming to grips with.

"Master Solusar, who has fled this time....and how did they leave....argumentively, silently....or violently?"

PsychoInfiltrator
26 July 2005, 02:52 PM
Kam: "He was the one called Colair. He was honorable, noble, perhaps, when I saw him last. He was an expert swordsman, who specialized in deflecting and redirecting blaster bolts. He had other talents as well. Streen says he left people strewn across the compound, government guards, Jedi, and visitors alike. He hijacked a Lambda, and upon reaching orbit docked with his modified Z-95. He left the Lambda's pilot unharmed. Master Szariel (sez-R-eel) was left with a cauterized gash across his face, he is unconscious right now,and one of the lightsabers Colair took with him was of Sith construction. It was somewhat defective, however, Trainee Maomai (Mayo-my) reported."

(Memory checks (Wis) will be required to remember anything about Szariel, or anything else you wish to remember.)

Krad-edis
30 July 2005, 11:56 AM
Ahlihandra listened as Kam spoke of yet another one of the Jedi Academy student's 'darking out'.

"He was an expert swordsman, who specialized in deflecting and redirecting blaster bolts. He had other talents as well."

I really hope so....like being able to listen to reason. Some consider that to be a talent.

"Master Szariel (sez-R-eel) was left with a cauterized gash across his face, he is unconscious right now,and one of the lightsabers Colair took with him was of Sith construction. It was somewhat defective, however, Trainee Maomai (Mayo-my) reported."

How would he have come across it if not for someone putting it in his hand? If there is one who is undertaking Sith teachings...then there is one who is doing the teaching. Colair...might not be the real problem...but...then again....Who is this Colair....and how will all of this affect Master Szariel?

Wisdom roll for memory: Roll 14 + Modifier = 15

PsychoInfiltrator
2 August 2005, 03:05 PM
The Barabel leads Leon, his droid, Kethar, (OOC: R U out there?) and Zucka into a side corridor and through several turbolifts. After a good bit of walking, you arrive at a landing pad. A Barabel-designed transport sits on one side, and a Caamasi or two (as well as some Barabels) roam. The Barabel approaches a pair of guards and a short 'whispered' conversation in the Barabel's native language ensues. The Barabel walks back, somewhat dejected.

"I'm sorry, but a Verpine sssaboteur was jussst dizcovered tampering with the security systemss. I'm sorry, but I cannot give you a tour at this time."
The Barabel walks back to the ship and leaves you alone for a moment.

PsychoInfiltrator
2 August 2005, 03:15 PM
Luke ends the conversation and motions to Kam, and they both have a short conversation, which Selukar suddenly joins and then moments later leaves and vanishes in the shadows. Then Master Skywalker walks back, just as Selukar reappears from the shadows beside you.

"I am required at an Advisory Council meeting in another dome, so I cannot yet journey to the compound on Yavin 4. Master Kam is required to stay here to coordinate operations, so I am sending you, Trainee Kethar, the young noble Leon, and anyone else you wish to bring to Yavin. Selukar will guide you to the Landing pad, where you will be shuttled to Yavin 4. Selukar will remain with you to augment the compound's security for the near future."

Selukar then leads you down another passage that pops out at a landing platform. A Barabel freighter is the most prominent thing, but aside from several barabels and a pair of Caamasi, the most important things are the small Jedi transport now landing and the Jedi apprentice, Hutt and noble looking aimlessly around. The Jedi is Kethar, the noble Leon, and the Hutt Zucka.

(OOC: I'm expecting a short to mid length conversationand then off to Yavin 4. no more stagnant-ness in this campaign! Be advised that other PC(s) may join you at Yavin 4.)

DarthBalmung
3 August 2005, 04:13 AM
"Well you all don't know me I'm Zucka Hutt buisnessman. Mo way assciotated with the Hutt crime syndicate. I already know how you all are by listening in on conversations."

Corr Terek
3 August 2005, 09:06 AM
"Well you all don't know me I'm Zucka Hutt buisnessman. Mo way assciotated with the Hutt crime syndicate. I already know how you all are by listening in on conversations."

Leon allowed himself a bit of private amusement. "Not associated with the syndicates", he says. And then follows up with, "I know who you are because I eavesdropped." He wondered if Zucka had any appreciation of the irony of his statements.

"Well, I'm glad to meet you, Zucka."

Krad-edis
3 August 2005, 10:28 AM
"I am required at an Advisory Council meeting in another dome, so I cannot yet journey to the compound on Yavin 4. Master Kam is required to stay here to coordinate operations, so I am sending you, Trainee Kethar, the young noble Leon, and anyone else you wish to bring to Yavin. Selukar will guide you to the Landing pad, where you will be shuttled to Yavin 4. Selukar will remain with you to augment the compound's security for the near future."

So I've come here to leave? I know my place, but I cannot help but wonder what in the galaxy is going on here..........

"As you wish Master Skywalker. I will alert the others."

.......and inform them that we basically came here for nothing. Perhaps the situation on Yavin is more dire than they say?

DarthBalmung
7 August 2005, 06:48 AM
Like wise I'm sure we'll both profit from this .

PsychoInfiltrator
7 August 2005, 02:53 PM
Kethar: Look! Its Ahlihandra!

Background stuff:
A large shuttle lands on another part of the pad. A shielded evidently hyperspace equipped TIE lands and a pair of Z-95s fly overhead.

Corr Terek
7 August 2005, 05:49 PM
OOC: Apologies. Didn't know what exactly to post...

IC:

Leon bows to the returning Jedi. "Jedi Zikura...am I to assume you received bad news?"

Krad-edis
8 August 2005, 09:45 AM
They have me flying in circles....

"Jedi Zikura...am I to assume you received bad news?"

Zikura watched the shuttle land, and the Noghri gestured towards it. She took a deep breath trying to relax herself from the mild irritation she felt in having been sent out to be sent right back.

"Bad? Probably. Just how bad I'm sure will be revealed when Kethar and I go back home to hear in detail what happened. It appears that we left Yavin 4 to come here to go back to Yavin 4. Yes....something happened there involving a student, and it appears that all of our services are requested. Master Skywalker requests all of your presences. You are to accompany us, Kethar, Selukar, and I back to the Jedi Academy...if you so desire. The shuttle leaves in five minutes."

Jedi Zikura waits for Leon's and Zucka's reply, but they seemed as surprised as she did moments earlier.

"Questions....you all must have questions. Right now I know as much as you do about this matter. If you hurry aboard, the closer we will be to receiving some answers."

PsychoInfiltrator
8 August 2005, 10:06 AM
The silent Selukar's glance lingers for a moment on Zucka, but then he heads for the shuttle, its ramp newly extended.

You all enter the shuttle and Selukar leads you to the passenger's quarters, then disapppears through a doorway.

(Its one of those elongated lambda-style shuttles)

A few minutes later you here a thrum as the ship enters hyperspace.


The area has several couches, a 'coffee' table, a holoscreen(think TV) a chair or two, and a cot attached to one wall. The area is about 4x6m. There are two doors. One you went in, and one Selukar went out.

(If you so choose, I'll give you time for Ahli to expalin and for you to ask questions.

Corr Terek
9 August 2005, 08:23 AM
OOC: I think they're called Sentinel-class, Psych. At least, that's what Galactic Battlegrounds calls them. :D

IC:

Once they were seated comfortably, Leon leaned forward. "I've no wish to pry in Jedi business, Lady Zikura, but since it seems my meager services are required I am somewhat curious. What's going on?"

As he asked, Leon heard Eltoo mutter something about the devastating consequences of humid atmospheres on his servomoters. He mentally reminded himself to talk to Eltoo about disparaging the Jedi Academy home planet.

Krad-edis
9 August 2005, 09:18 AM
"I've no wish to pry in Jedi business, Lady Zikura, but since it seems my meager services are required I am somewhat curious. What's going on?"

How do I tell them without sounding outright critical of my Order? I'll tell them what I know, though that may all change when we arrive.

"The Jedi Knights have a proud tradition of combating evil, defending the weak, and the overall protection of life. Unfortunately, we also have the not-so-proud tradition of not being able to deal with those who have stepped off the correct path until it is too late. The Jedi Order needs to write down the warning signs of a student who has become aloof, uncaring about the Code, or suddenly arrogant. Talking of death and power are other signs. Who knows really what happened, or if anyone was watching? We are spread so thin that it is likely that if the one they call Colair has been on missions, they were likely solo ones. Missions where no elders or a Master was with him. His progress for the better or worse was likely not recorded properly. Likely what happened was that he proved himself on some joke of a mission, proved that he could swing a lightsaber around proficiently and was branded a Jedi Knight. I'm not sure....I know little about him. I apologize for my ranting, especially about a colleague who isn't here to defend himself...but in a way, I criticize the entire Order for this mess. It has happened one too many times, and it is instances like this where those who wish to see the end of the Jedi raise their concerns in the Senate about how having us around may proove to be just too dangerous......If they could only just be more selective in who they decide to train....messes like this could be prevented. Son-of-a-........."

She pauses for a few seconds, for....there was much frustration in her.

How can they keep shooting themselves in the feet?

"A student named Colair seems to have turned to the dark side. He left the Academy after carving up and smacking around government guards, and a whole host of students. He even challenged Master Szariel to a duel and won. This stinks of the dark side. The quick and easy path through the Force brings power and strength. There's a catch though...you lose control at first of your emotions....your mind sometimes follows....and then, when the Dark Side of the Force has used you...it steals your strength, power, and life. If Colair has made a deal with the Dark Side, hopefully, someone can bring him back before the Dark Side decides to collect on him......I think that someone....will be us. We'll know soon enough."

DarthBalmung
9 August 2005, 12:26 PM
"Sounds like fun"Zucka says then chuckles.

PsychoInfiltrator
9 August 2005, 02:12 PM
Selukar slips back into the room, carrying a datapad.
"This datapad has a partial recording from one of the security cameras. It might be of some use."
He hands it to Ahli and retreats out of the passenger compartment.

Corr Terek
9 August 2005, 02:17 PM
"Sounds like fun"Zucka says then chuckles.

Leon nodded in agreement. "I fail to see how I can be of service, but as Zucka says, this should prove...most interesting."

When the Noghri entered with the datapad, Leon turned to the female Jedi. "Well, then, let's see exactly what we're dealing with."

PsychoInfiltrator
9 August 2005, 03:24 PM
Assuming Ahli presses the on switch, here's what those of you looking will see.

Over the course of thirty seconds or so, a slightly grainy picture is displayed. The camera was apparently mounted on the edge of a compound. The camera starts pointed on a 45 degree angle from the building. An overhead view from behind would show the camera pointed towards the left.

For the first few seconds, all is quiet. Three Jedi trainees-a green female Twilek, a human boy, and a girl dressed in Hapan clothing chat on the far edge of a large clearing, which takes up most of the view. Around the clearing is a forest. On the left a path runs between two compounds (the one the camera is mounted on, and another) straight across your view and into the dense trees, through which can be seen a Lambda class shuttle. On the right, a pair of armored government soldiers watch the trio discreetly.)

A sixish shy-looking young Caamasi boy darts out between the two compounds and takes a quick right and jumps behind-then crawls under-a bush.

Several seconds later, an urgent voice calls : "Master Szariel!"
Another person calls "Hey! That's a sith weapon!"
A lightsaber or two is ignited, and there is the sound of a blaster bolt being fired and then deflected into the earth. The sound of a stun blast also echoes into the evening.
Colair, looking about seventeen-nineteen, wearing clothes a lot like Anakin's from Aotc, except more regal, dashes into view, now, holding an ignited blue lightsaber of archaic design, except without the power cord, in his right hand. His left hand holds a lightsaber handle of obvious Sith design. Another couple bolts whiz past Colair, but one is deflected back and there is a groan, while Colair grimaces as another bolt sizzles past his cheek.

He pauses then, and the Sith blade flies to his belt. He extends his left arm, palm out toward the passageway as a Jedi's brown head of hair just comes into view. Then he flies backwardand there is the sound of a cry and several groans, as well as the sound of bodies hitting crates. There is the sound of a door opening and a government trooper yells "Get him!", but then you hear a crate explode.

Colair barely turns towards the Government troops before he two-handedly deflects a stream of crimson blaster bolts, even as the chatty trainees ignite lightsabers. Meanwhile, Colair's blocks, hasty and barely on target, become more sure as the expression of surprise disappears and becomes one of concentration. The hail of the repeaters continues, but the blur that is Colair just gets faster and faster, his footwork both elegant and highly effective, his swings quick and stylish, though not a moment or bit of momentum or energy is wasted. In less than two seconds, rediected bolts start flying back towards the soldiers, hitting grass and the trees behind. As Colair's blade arcs up, he begins another quick, furied series with minimal footwork. The soldiers are suddenly hit by more than a dozen bolts to the legs, sides, upper arms, and shoulders, as well as several grazes of the rest of his body. One of the repeaters is hit and turns to partial molten slag, and Colair turns towards the Lambda. As the soldiers fly through the air and fall, the one with the undamaged repeater gets of a would be head shot, but without turning, Colair whips his blue blade up and paries the bolt, sending it high into the sky.

The trio of trainees bounds towards him, and the boy cries out.
"Colair--what's going on?"
Colair looks towards them, re-noticing them. His left arm reaches out and the trainees one-by-one fly back and lie prone. The boy is tossed last, and not as far as the others, who are thrown up to three meters.

Watching Colair, you miss the appearance of Streen and a Zabrak male Knight, followed by a transport pilot holding a blaster pistol.
You notice him as Colair is suddenly shoved-somewhat-and his head heads for dirt, but he catches himself and turns to face Streen. As he raises back up, he deflects a hasty shot from the pilot, and it hits the pilot's gun arm shoulder. The pilot cries out and drops his light pistol, stopping his jog.

Once again Colair open-palm left arm points toward the two Jedi and the Zabrak appears to be caught in the torso by a large air club and hurled from view. Streen raises a large (two feet in diameter) rock out of the ground, possibly to shield from another attack, but it suddenly explodes, rock shards and chunks flying, and dust obscures the monitor. You hear a crunch, and as the dust clears you see that the camera has been knocked askew towards the path and there is a crack running horizonatally acroos the screen from the left until hitting a relatively straight crack top to bottom at about one third of the distance from the left to the right.

Colair is dashing down the path, then through the trees. As he gets to the trees, the head of the boy, which was partially upraised and watching Colair, drops down and he appears unconscious. The Hapan stirs abit beside him. Colair, still running, ignoring Streen, gestures towards the Lambda and the ramp goes down. There is a downward lurch and the screen goes black.

DarthBalmung
10 August 2005, 06:00 AM
" We have to deal with that?!" Zucka remarks " Why not send some Jdei after him they'll have a chance, we'll be killed easily." This guy had better be logicaly or we have no hope short of balsting gim from space."

Corr Terek
10 August 2005, 09:42 AM
Leon swallowed hard, and it was a few seconds before he could find his voice.

"Oh dear," Eltoo muttered.

Finally Leon spoke. "I'm not sure what we can do in this case. I hope your Master Skywalker has a plan of some sort."

Krad-edis
10 August 2005, 01:10 PM
"We have to deal with that?!..... Why not send some Jedi after him? They'll have a chance,....we'll be killed easily.

Ha! The Hutt is a real confidence builder....though I do see why he is reluctant. Very much so. Though I have yet to see him try and cut through a grenade. That usually puts a little fire in any rogue Jedi's crack. Stun grenades work best for this type of job though...but yet, I don't know if that will be entirely necessary. I'm interested in finding out what Colair's grievance is once we reach Yavin 4. I hope there is a discernable grievance.

"This guy had better be logical or we have no hope short of blasting him from space."

"For some reason, I don't think Plan B will be necessary. He was relentless in beating his opponents aside, but I am interested in knowing what the death toll was...if there was in fact one. He looked as if he was interested in just leaving...not fighting. If he were interested in fighting, the dark power that he is using could have killed Master Streen and the others. Where was he going? I'm curious to find out."

"I'm not sure what we can do in this case. I hope your Master Skywalker has a plan of some sort."

Ahlihandra tries to manage a smile, but cannot.

"Master Durron, Dolph became Kueller, Brakiss,...these are just a few of the Jedi who became disillusioned with their training. All has worked out in the past, but still, that is not an excuse. The trainers need to set some new standards...no matter how desperate we are in finding new students....... Some of these confrontations end peacefully...others do not. Talking with the misguided is the first step. Master Skywalker certainly has a plan. Sometimes a grievance can be as simple as one being homesick....and other times, the darker traits of one's mind take over.....or something has happened that I will not comment on until I hear more specifics. Yes, Master Skywalker will have a plan of action. After all, by now, he should be pretty adept in confronting those who go berserk....like Colair."

It would be funny if it weren't so serious.

DarthBalmung
11 August 2005, 07:27 AM
Raise your hand if aren't a fighter or had any combat training experince. Zucka waits then speaks again" We couls jsut try buying a couple of battle droid s to hunt him. can't be affected by your Jedi mind tricks.

Corr Terek
11 August 2005, 10:15 AM
"Battle droids? Battle droids are notoriously unreliable." Eltoo commented. The Hutt glared at him balefully.

Leon chuckled. "Well, friend Zucka, I'm afraid that if any battle droids are to be bought, the money will come from your wallet." He grimaced. "My parents will never give me the money for such a purchase."

He turned to Ahlihandra. "Lady Zikura, you're the most experienced of our group. I think I can speak for all of us in saying that we will follow your lead."

PsychoInfiltrator
11 August 2005, 10:58 AM
Kethar mumbling: "Sometimes I wish I had payed more attention to Master Szariel in that "Dueling the Sith" class Streen made me go to...Now is one of those times."

DarthBalmung
12 August 2005, 04:11 AM
"I give up, let's just try what we kow we're good at: diplomacy."

Krad-edis
12 August 2005, 06:53 AM
We could just try buying a couple of battle droid to hunt him. Can't be affected by your Jedi mind tricks.

"But they can be lifted and tossed back at us...I mean, that would be my plan if I were attacked by battle droids. They'd probably wouldn't last as long as those who Colair faced at the Academy. I think we should concentrate on finding out what prompted him to go berserk and deal with that. It might be safer for us...and Colair."

"Well, friend Zucka, I'm afraid that if any battle droids are to be bought, the money will come from your wallet.....My parents will never give me the money for such a purchase."

Because they are a waste of money or because those types of droids tend to be psychopaths....or both?

"Lady Zikura, you're the most experienced of our group. I think I can speak for all of us in saying that we will follow your lead."

"We are all leaders who pursue diplomacy in our expertises. I'll accept leadership only in regards to Jedi affairs, and with all of your counsel and consent. It is not a job that I would want, but will do if you are all confident in my abilities....(smiling) I will let you all know if I am confident in my abilities once we reach Yavin 4 and hear more."

"Sometimes I wish I had payed more attention to Master Szariel in that "Dueling the Sith" class Streen made me go to...Now is one of those times."

"I was there...and I remember the fundamental rule of dueling the Sith....That is 'don't duel the Sith'. Dueling involves honor, the usage of the Master's circle, and allowing your opponent to yield if you best them...With the Sith....history shows that they cheat, use their dark powers, and often one has to cut past their minions to even get a glimpse of them. They are shadowy, elusive, and when you fight them...it will be on their terms. Often times, it appears that Jedi have exhausted themselves against mutants, Sith trainees and adepts, and assassin droids before even seeing the head of the snake....the head of course hadn't even broken a sweat yet. If it is the Sith, and we must go deal with that threat...then we will have to fight like them. We will have to use stealth, and rely on our wits....and indirect weapons."

"I give up, let's just try what we know we're good at: diplomacy."

"If it is the Sith, diplomacy won't work well. Intimidation and force are the only ways to combat it. Although...we will try to be diplomatic in determining whether the next step is needed."

Corr Terek
12 August 2005, 08:31 AM
"I give up, let's just try what we know we're good at: diplomacy."

The Hutt's flippant tone made Leon laugh. "Well put, Zucka."


"If it is the Sith, diplomacy won't work well. Intimidation and force are the only ways to combat it. Although...we will try to be diplomatic in determining whether the next step is needed."

"Sounds like a plan, then." Leon said. He turned to Eltoo. "Eltoo, I want to you to compose a message to my parents and explain that I'll be out a little longer than we thought."

PsychoInfiltrator
14 August 2005, 05:56 AM
Suddenly a panel shifts beneath Eltoo's feet. He falls as the panel is lifted out. Out crawls a stowaway.

He's about 5foot7in. and is dressed in slightly dst commoner's clothes. He looks to be in his mid to late teens and is very much a human.

He surveys the room.
"Ah, Jedi, a protocol droid, and a Hutt. I must have stowed away on the wrong ship. Anyways..."
He lifts up the panel in starts slipping beack under it.

DarthBalmung
15 August 2005, 10:52 AM
"Who are you?' Zucka asks the stowaway.

Krad-edis
15 August 2005, 12:52 PM
"Ah, Jedi, a protocol droid, and a Hutt. I must have stowed away on the wrong ship. Anyways..."

If Selukar found this guy, he'd be in more trouble than he is now....that's for sure.

"Explain yourself. Make no sudden moves. You have ten seconds...starting now."

Corr Terek
15 August 2005, 01:16 PM
This is an interesting turn of events, Leon thought. He placed a hand on his vibro-dagger just for safety.

PsychoInfiltrator
15 August 2005, 02:29 PM
He pauses in his climbing back in.
"Hmmm...this could be interesting after all. Name's Kyrtin, (pron kire as in fire then tin as in the metal.) freelance drifter. Stowed away here looking for passage away from that dreadfully boring conference. The debates were repetitive, the Gamorreans always won the gladiator fights, watching that Admiral guy-Pellaeon(sp?)-and those silly generals hammer out agreements and laws was boring-the only interesting part was when I lost track of time and the anti-scent coating started to wear off. The Noghri almost found me, but I left before they looked in the ventilation. I thought I was stowing away on a Caamasi-owned passenger ship, but I guess I took a wrong turn. Should've guessed it, though, Sentinel shuttles make horrbile passenger accomodations."
(looks around.)
"Somebody outfitted this place real nice though."

OOC: So, do ya wanna space him yet?:D ;)

Corr Terek
15 August 2005, 02:45 PM
"Freelance drifter, eh?" Leon grinned. "What exactly do you do when you're not 'drifting'?"

PsychoInfiltrator
15 August 2005, 02:59 PM
"Spend credits...earn credits, look for adventure. Collect trinkets. Ya know, the usual."

Krad-edis
18 August 2005, 11:08 AM
"Spend credits...earn credits, look for adventure. Collect trinkets. Ya know, the usual."

I've found conferences to be boring as many times as I've found them to be frustrating...nevertheless, I've always ended up back on my ship. This guy is up to no good. So he was bored and conveniently had anti-scent spray to elude the Noghri? This guy is either a thief or a spy.

"No, I don't know. Why don't you tell us exactly how you...earn credits? I suspect that you steal them....and I would suspect that Selukar will feel the same way when he arrives....not to mention...he will be very angry with himself for not detecting you the first time. I don't think he will take it out on himself though. I don't buy the I was bored so I stowed away ploy....So why don't you try again with the truth. Are you a spy? Are you wanted? Why risk being found aboard a ship? Do you realize that if you had been found aboard a Barabel vessel, they might have killed you. Tensions are that high around here."

PsychoInfiltrator
18 August 2005, 05:24 PM
So why don't you try again with the truth. Are you a spy? Are you wanted? Why risk being found aboard a ship? Do you realize that if you had been found aboard a Barabel vessel, they might have killed you. Tensions are that high around here."

"I am no spy! Unless looking around under mine own employ out of sheer curiousity is classed as a spy. If so, then I be guilty. Wanted...hmmm...I think the Hutts still have a bounty on me for blasting that Gamorrean as he tried to remove my head with a vibro-axe, but other than that, no I don't think so. "
"As it is, Lady Jedi, if Selukar is from the species I think he is, and you have a lightsaber, I'm probly in just as much danger here. Besides, I speak fluent Barabel. I earn credits with honest work-buy liquor form one guy, sell it to another for a profit. I've worked on ships, and once helped the rebuilding CorSec capture a dozen or so pickpockets-they give nice rewards for that, they really do-and the Hutts payed me to guard a pile of crates for a few days. Think they held droid parts.
Anyways, tensions are high wherever I go. I once went on a vacation to Mon Calimari and a Quarren terrorist group started trying to kill them all."
He sniffs his shoulder.
"I think the smell nullifying agent is wearing off-that-Noghri, is it-should be here soon.

Corr Terek
19 August 2005, 09:55 AM
"I think the smell nullifying agent is wearing off-that-Noghri, is it-should be here soon.

"Good, now we're in for some real fun." Leon smirked. He had to admit their stowaway didn't seem dangerous. He hoped the Noghri wouldn't be too harsh.

PsychoInfiltrator
21 August 2005, 06:40 AM
The Sentinel shutle jerks as it jumps back into hyperspace. Apparently it came out while you weren't paying attention. The pilot's voice comes over the PA:
"Rendezvous with Noghri shuttle cmplete. Selukar Clan Baktor has been temporarilty diverted to Yavin 8 for a Noghri reconnaisance. Arrival at Yavin 4 compound projected time: 34 minutes. Local time at time of arrival: 18:42. The local sun will be less than ten minutes from setting."

Kyrtin: "This shuttle has a pretty good hyperdrive. I'm thinking 1.0 or maybe even .8, must come in handy for rapid transportation of Jedi, methinks."


OOC: Something your respective characters might know is that Yavin 8 is currently at the opposite side of Yavin, and Yavin is at a point in its rotation where it is harder to get too in hyperspace.

PsychoInfiltrator
23 August 2005, 03:10 PM
The shuttle lands smoothly at the compound, on a different (larger) landing area.

You disembark-Kyrtin grabs his backpack from where he had stowed away, and is the last one out.

There are only two sentients there to greet you. A Jedi. And a soldier.

(OOC: OK, you two, introduce yourselves. Be sure to have a nice long conversation for once, or risk a VERY LONG speech on character development.;) )

Stirroret
23 August 2005, 11:05 PM
You see before you a man in his mid-20s, medium height and unimpressive in build wearing typical commoners clothes. His silver hair is If not for him overtly wearing a double-bladed lightsaber hilt on his leftside, he wouldn't (to a non-force sensitive) seem like a jedi at all. He glances at the party before him and then at his longtime friend at his side.
So they have finally come... he thought to himself not giving away a single emotion to the strangers before him I wonder who that stranger might be...?
"These seems to be, the ones we've been waiting for Matias", he said subtle to his companion and steps forward before hearing the reply saying: "Greetings sentients", out loud and bowed to the persons in front of him and without any further breath he just boasted a dry: "you are late..."

Corr Terek
24 August 2005, 09:50 AM
OOC: Uh oh, white/silver hair seems to be a trend these days. :D

IC:

Leon ran his fingers through his white hair, and grinned easily. "Hello, friend. My name is Leon Corwell, and this," he motioned to Eltoo, "is my droid, Eltoo. Whom do I have the honor of addressing?"

And what do you mean by "late"? he wondered.

Tiburon4
24 August 2005, 10:33 AM
"Don't give them such a hard time, Silas."

"You know jedi and thier ideas of self importance all too well, don't you?"

A smirk plays over the face of the non descript average sized human, dark hair, dark eyes, light complexion.
He is 5'10" and stoutly built, not overweight, but broad shouldered.
He appears to be the type of human seen and forgotten on a daily basis, the perfect appearance of a scout or undercover operative.
He is wearing a standard padded light armor jumpsuit obviously of military origins but with no markings to differentiate who he might be enlisted with.
He has a heavy blaster pistol holstered on his hip and a blaster rifle is strapped with a quick release on the side of his backpack.

His smile projects all the warmth that Silas's lacks.

"I'm sure they have a good reason for tardiness."

"I am Lt. Matias Coba, I have been assigned by the council to accompany Jedi Rash. And he in turn is here to help you."

Matias plays a longer look over the group and his eyes cut deep into each of you, until they rest on the stowaway.

"I wasn't briefed on you, who are you?"

Matias is still smiling but his eyes have hardened and his free hand slips to his heavy blaster holster on his hip .......

Stirroret
24 August 2005, 12:45 PM
"Don't give them such a hard time, Silas...", Lt. Coba said and a slight, rare smile spread upon his lips "why not? It's fun...", he said with a dry voice that seemed to the naked ear to be completely without a sense of humor...
"I'm sure they have a good reason for tardiness.", Lt. Coba relaxed him damn why is he spoiling all my fun...however events have turned out different than what I have foreseen...

"I am Lt. Matias Coba, I have been assigned by the council to accompany Jedi Rash. And he in turn is here to help you.", Lt. Coba introduced him. Silas gave back a slight bow

"I expected you to arrive sooner than this...and again I didn't foresee your friend there..." Silas says and steps forward towards the stowaway with a severe look in his eyes just as Matias states: "I wasn't briefed on you, who are you?" with a harsh "speak stranger!"

PsychoInfiltrator
24 August 2005, 01:52 PM
"Yeeks! (Looking at Leon) You'd think I was carrying three tons of glitterstim to get that kind of reaction. ... Actually, the last guy I saw with anything anywhere near three tons of glitterstim was two minutes form being eaten by a Hutt's pet rancor." (looks at Zucka suspiciously for a moment.)
...
"I am Kyrtin. Freelance drifter. Currently 'freelancing' for the smart and handsome young well dressed noble over there. As to silly briefings, why would you have been briefed about me? I wasn't briefed about you (casts quick suspicious look at Ahli) so why would anyone else return the ungiven favor? Not like it matters...or does it matter? I can never remember..."
Kyrtin's questing gaze drifts away as soon as he is finished speaking, seemingly taking it all in.
"Never been here before. Nice place you Jedi have got here. ... Hmmm...this landing pad is big enough for several large ships, but where do you mighty warriors sleep at night? Looks like wilderness here to me..."

Tiburon4
24 August 2005, 02:20 PM
Matias looks at the so called freelancer ....

then he glances at the jedi of the group and sees that they haven't sensed any evil in him.

He relaxes the shoulders he hadn't realized he was tightening and moves his hand away from the holster. But not too far to get a chance at a quick draw.

"Maybe its time to head inside....."

Krad-edis
24 August 2005, 03:11 PM
Kyrtin begins to walk further into the Jedi grounds, when Ahli snags him back.

"Whoa...where do you think you're going? The jury is still out on you. Stay where I can see you....or all the Noghri-sniffer repelant in the galaxy isn't going to save you here."

Ahli turns her attention to the welcome wagon that offered such a warm and heartfelt reception after such a disappointing mission of redirection after redirection. The officer came off as an honorable fellow, but this Jedi Rash....looked to be one of the Kyp crowd. They had set down on the deck for only a few seconds before this guy felt the need to bust their chops about something.

Late? Oh please , give me a break. If something is my fault, I'm willing to accept it...but if we're late in this instance, it is only because of orders coming from an unorganized management.

"Greetings Jedi Rash....Lieutenant Coba. Thank you for greeting us with such warmth. I'm really happy to meet you two and I'm sure we'll all get along together very well as friends since we will most likely be working with each other on this assignment......Now, Jedi Rash, maybe you can explain to me just what we are all late for? Are you implying that you two have been working on this all this time and now we are just joining you? What have you accomplished in our absence? I'm sure we'd all be dying to hear just what we missed out on while we were....tardy. I'm sure that you have uncovered alot."

Stirroret
25 August 2005, 05:01 AM
Maybe its time to head inside.....", Matias said

"I agree...", Silas replied with his usual matter-of-fact tone of voice I have maintain authority to these...strangers. So admit nothing, show nothing...for now! I don't like them bringing along an outsider like that...this...Kyrtil character should be held back in the brig until further notice..., he thought while glancing suspiciously at Kyrtil as Ahli pulls him back smart move


"Whoa...where do you think you're going? The jury is still out on you. Stay where I can see you....or all the Noghri-sniffer repelant in the galaxy isn't going to save you here."

I'm beginning to like this...Ahli better by the moment. Being a jedi, he must be the only one - besides Matias - I can completely rely on...unless otherwise proven


"Greetings Jedi Rash....Lieutenant Coba. Thank you for greeting us with such warmth. I'm really happy to meet you two and I'm sure we'll all get along together very well as friends since we will most likely be working with each other on this assignment......Now, Jedi Rash, maybe you can explain to me just what we are all late for? Are you implying that you two have been working on this all this time and now we are just joining you? What have you accomplished in our absence? I'm sure we'd all be dying to hear just what we missed out on while we were....tardy. I'm sure that you have uncovered alot."

"We've awaiting your arrival the last half an hour...", Silas said with authority in his voice, "I don't like being kept waiting...especially on a case like this. I'd prefer the matter being dealt with swiftly and effeciently...wouldn't you say?"

PsychoInfiltrator
25 August 2005, 05:28 AM
Just correcting a couple things.

Its Kyrtin, not Kyrtil, and if I remember correctly, Ahlihandra is a she not a he.

IC: Kyrtin points at the group of mushrooms he had been walking towards.
" I just wanted to take a closer look at those orange speckled green mushrooms. I think that they are native to Rishi, so I don't know how they got here."
Kyrtin's gaze focuses on something behind Matias and Silas. Actually, it doesn't appear to be very far behind them at all...

Stirroret
25 August 2005, 06:11 AM
Silas looks behind them if this is a trap my friend, you will soon enough be beheaded... he thought as he turns to see what was going on...

PsychoInfiltrator
25 August 2005, 08:00 AM
And Silas sees the smiling Valin Horn, looking almost innocent, dressed in ornate blue Corellian robes.

Valin: "'Always watch your back' is one of my father's favored teachings. Surely someone has taught it to you before?"

OOC: PS: I'm camping at Algonquin tomorrow until Wednesday, so you can have as much conversation as you want between now and then, but no leaving the landing pad, and if anyone talks to Valin or Kyrtin and expects a response the campaign will suddenly go on pause.

Krad-edis
25 August 2005, 11:24 AM
"I don't like being kept waiting...especially on a case like this. I'd prefer the matter being dealt with swiftly and effeciently...wouldn't you say?"

You didn't answer my question.

"So you believe that standing around here waiting for us to arrive is handling matters swiftly and efficiently? Surely that was one half hour that leads could have been produced....that is now gone. If you, my Jedi friend, have a problem with waiting a half hour....you would have killed yourself having come from where we just were...... So, I ask you again...did you come up with anything. We've been briefed, but you two are closer to the scene of the crime and really could add to that brief."

I'm taking it as a 'no', but if they could add anything besides they've been waiting for us...then I'll be pleasantly surprised....and happier than I've been for the last few days.

Tiburon4
25 August 2005, 11:50 AM
"Actually thats why my Jedi friend seems so impatient ..... "

Matias begins strolling towards Kirtin

"The good Jedi Valin wouldn't start the briefing until you had arrived."
"We know as much or should I say as little as all of you."

Now Matias solidly fixes his stare on Kirtin.

"You will stop moving immeadiately. My patience for you is quickly running thin and you are skirting dangerously close to a brig dinner>"


matias now has his hand on his heavy blaster as if anxious to pull it out>

Stirroret
25 August 2005, 01:21 PM
"So you believe that standing around here waiting for us to arrive is handling matters swiftly and efficiently? Surely that was one half hour that leads could have been produced....that is now gone. If you, my Jedi friend, have a problem with waiting a half hour....you would have killed yourself having come from where we just were...... So, I ask you again...did you come up with anything. We've been briefed, but you two are closer to the scene of the crime and really could add to that brief.", Ahli asks

Who the hell does this... woman think she is? Silas thinks, never showing his disapproval


"Actually thats why my Jedi friend seems so impatient .....The good Jedi Valin wouldn't start the briefing until you had arrived. We know as much or should I say as little as all of you", Matias says

"indeed...you and your friends were supposed to arrive 30 minutes ago. Normally that wouldn't have been an issue...but since Valin insisted on a full roster before the final briefing us it is", he looks at Matias strolling towards Kyrtin.


"You will stop moving immeadiately. My patience for you is quickly running thin and you are skirting dangerously close to a brig dinner", he says and puts his hand on the blaster "easy now my friend...there is no need of violence - just yet", he says and faces Ahli once more "you, a soon to be Jedi Knight must know the old saying that the dark side lies in the detail and precision. And may I suggest you change your attitude and emotions, when I merely point out that you are late... which you are and learn from the experience, making sure that such - disgression does not occur again?"

Krad-edis
25 August 2005, 02:02 PM
"Indeed...you and your friends were supposed to arrive 30 minutes ago. Normally that wouldn't have been an issue...but since Valin insisted on a full roster before the final briefing us it is."

"Well then take up issue with him. I only work here, and I go where the Jedi Masters send me. You can whine to them as well if you wish...(smiling) On the otherhand...since he chose to wait for us, perhaps you should keep your wisecracks about us being late to yourself. We must be pretty important if you must wait...for us."

"You, a soon to be Jedi Knight must know the old saying that the dark side lies in the detail and precision. And may I suggest you change your attitude and emotions, when I merely point out that you are late... which you are and learn from the experience, making sure that such - disgression does not occur again?"

"I suggest you do the same. If you want to be impatient, then perhaps a different line of work would be more appropriate for you. You can't wait more than a half hour? What are you, twelve? In conclusion to that....I don't answer to you. Make sure you remember your place. "

Krad-edis
25 August 2005, 02:23 PM
Ahli stood there waiting for whatever the "Jedi who doesn't look like a Jedi" would have to say. Hopefully they would just go straight to the brief, but who knows what would happen. The Jedi Order was still factioned....still full of these Jedi who ran about brandishing weapons such as Jedi Rash...weapons that bragged 'I prefer conflict and fighting over resolution and diplomacy'. It was hopeless talking to him any further. Leon and Zucka had been quiet through the whole exchange.

It was smart of them to remain so. I should have seen it coming....It is like talking to duracrete wall with some of those who embrace...[stares at the double bladed lightsaber]....teachings that are questionable....and to think that he feels the need to lecture me on my emotions? He's shown his arrogance, his preference for fighting, and more so than the others....his impatience. Hopefully we don't have to track him down later when he turns.

Stirroret
25 August 2005, 02:49 PM
I like this one... I like her alot, he smiled, doesn't take podo from no-one he looked at Matias then back at her.
"Nor do you outrank me...padawan in fact we are on many accounts equal...", he looks at her with a investigative look in his eyes, "...I have however learned from my own missions... that being punctual can be decider in matters of life and death..."

he looked deep into her eyes to see if he had her attention "...and I fear the half an hour wasted on waiting, could severely undermine our chances of turning our fellow-jedi back to the light... before falling beyond salvation. Time is working against us on this matter - you should know this..."

I hope I'm not wrong on this one... but time is short, he thought to himself

Krad-edis
25 August 2005, 03:13 PM
"Nor do you outrank me...padawan in fact we are on many accounts equal...", he looks at her with a investigative look in his eyes, "...I have however learned from my own missions... that being punctual can be decider in matters of life and death..."

"Yes, I understand. No sense going on a diplomatic mission after the delegates have left or killed each other. No sense marching off to war after it is already over."

"...and I fear the half an hour wasted on waiting, could severely undermine our chances of turning our fellow-jedi back to the light... before falling beyond salvation. Time is working against us on this matter - you should know this..."

"And again, you should address Valin on that matter....not us. We came as quickly as our pilot could get us here. Valin chose to wait. Sure, one half hour has gone by...actually hours have gone by. You should know from experience that you can't dwell on lost time, but work with what you have. We're Jedi...we do more with less. The others that are with me...I am confident in their ability to do the same. I'm ready to move when you are."

Whether wrong or right, at fault or not....I've never been much for offering excuses....especially when those in charge could have acted beforehand. Still...I hope this Jedi Rash understands that I wasn't getting my nails done....Kethar wasn't getting a back massage.....Leon wasn't getting his hair done....and Zucka wasn't taking a mud bath. He's been waiting for a few hours, and I understand his frustration....but we've been getting the run around for days....Now hopefully...we'll get some answers.

PsychoInfiltrator
25 August 2005, 04:32 PM
Valin's grin remains neutral.
"Kyrtin, I suggest that you remain by my side for the next bit-your health seems to be in danger from these peacekeepers..."
Kyrtin, looking slightly intimidated, walks quickly to Valin's side.
Valin:"Now that everyone is here, let us go back to the compound. (he looks at Ahli.) It should be a ten minute walk. As you walk remember the lives of those kiled here during the Vong War."
(Suddenly you all notice that this is predominately new growth.)
"And Silas, might I remind you that you were likewise late...several minutes it took you, extra, for your shuttle pilot to awaken you from your sleeping."
Valin turns and heads into the forest. During the walkk he remains close enough ahead to remain in view, but far enough to give you the privacy of conversation.

OOC: This is most likely my last TAOD post till Wed, you have ten IC minutes for conversation.
PS: Zucka, you are liable to find yourself falling behind-average speed per minute will be approx 45 meters, or five m above your max speed-mind you, if somebody trips on a root or gets nocked over by a branch Valin will stop, and you can more easily push through underbrush with your huge bulk. I advise that you look into as many as possible move increasing feats or methods in the future.)

Stirroret
25 August 2005, 10:35 PM
:"Now that everyone is here, let us go back to the compound. (he looks at Ahli.) It should be a ten minute walk. As you walk remember the lives of those killed here during the Vong War."

"And Silas, might I remind you that you were likewise late...several minutes it took you, extra, for your shuttle pilot to awaken you from your sleeping."
Valin turns and heads into the forest.

"I wasn't sleeping, I was meditatin", he mumbles to himself as he heads through the jungle he hadn't seen for years. He felt the jungle moist bringing out an icky sweat and the heat was unbearable now I remember why I was so glad to leave this place in the first place, he thought to himself as he unbuttoned the upper buttons in his clothes to breath more easily.

He looks at the pre-dominent new growth and then he remembers the fallen, giving him a heavy heart. He heads towards Leon as they all walk through the jungle "you must be...", he thinks hard, "Leon? Am I right?"

Krad-edis
25 August 2005, 11:41 PM
"As you walk remember the lives of those kiled here during the Vong War."

The young Horn's words echoed through Ahlihandra's ears as she walked along side her delegation companions and those who had arrived to greet them.

There are very few places left to walk where we aren't aware of those who were killed during the Vong War. That kind of happens when three hundred and sixty trillion people are wiped out or turned into experimental freaks. What continues to amaze me though is that after all the signs that are waved in the air for the Senate to see that read "Remember the Fallen" and "Never Again"....I walk through the training ground that may very well train the next great threat to the galaxy. Instead of the Vong...the Sith. That one little comment during the brief about the lightsaber being of Sith construction. The Sith have struck here before. Yes, here from this academy many have turned away, became disillusioned, or have been yanked away...and more will turn if something isn't done. How about creating a rigid selection procedure? It's almost too much to ask...just like having a rigid mentoring program. Who was Colair's mentor? Let me guess...he or she is somewhere on the other side of the galaxy? It figures. A lot of good he or she did way the hell on the other side of the galaxy........Ahhhk...take a deep breath Ahli.................I love the Order. They are my family. I feel horrible being critical...and I know my place in the order, and I know that I am young and have only a fraction of the experience of Master Skywalker...but factions can't go on. We will stand together, or we will all be destroyed alone. We really need to get organized. There has to be one interpretation of the Code, or only debate amongst the masters. The Code should not be something that everyone should be free to interpret, especially trainees....One can turn the Code into a philosophy where all can be jaded...and all is possible.....For crying out loud...it's happened before...and probably again right now as we walk. There has to be some uniformity. I understand the principle of having a style that isn't a style...a way of never being held down by rigid codes. That can be good with things less serious than Force usage. I mean, with cooking you can always through the food away if the experiment went bad...With Force usage, experimentation with new powers, new anything should be dealt with very carefully...under the supervision of the wise...or not at all. Codes and procedures can form patterns of thought and actions...and make one predictable...but at least it is safe in comparison to allowing the Jedi Order to have a laissez-faire Code. I can't stand it. It's all so frightening....because.....it's believed that the old Order had a similar problem...the declining and death of that Order only took a few years....Now...at least try to be upbeat...be positive...be optimistic...try to be....no...as Master Skywalker would always quote one of his mentors....'No....try not...Do or do not...there is not try.'

Corr Terek
26 August 2005, 07:36 AM
He heads towards Leon as they all walk through the jungle "you must be...", he thinks hard, "Leon? Am I right?"

Leon smiled. "Yes, I am, Leon Corwell at your service." He glanced around for Eltoo, who was slowly falling behind. He shrugged and turned back to Silas. "I have to admit, this has been an...interesting experience so far. What we saw of your fellow Jedi has left both myself and our friend Zucka a little nervous."

He glances at the lightsaber at Silas's belt. "I've never seen a lightsaber like that before. Admittedly, I've not seen many lightsabers besides Jedi Zikura's and Jedi Tun'Gal's."

Stirroret
26 August 2005, 08:34 AM
"I have to admit, this has been an...interesting experience so far. What we saw of your fellow Jedi has left both myself and our friend Zucka a little nervous.", Leon glances at the lightsaber at Silas's belt. "I've never seen a lightsaber like that before. Admittedly, I've not seen many lightsabers besides Jedi Zikura's and Jedi Tun'Gal's."

"that's propably because it's a lightsaber design not used since the infamous Sith Apprentice Darth Maul around 80 years or something ago", he explains very matter-of-fact, "it's a double-bladed lightsaber which gives the user an offensive advantage, over a defensive approach... but don't worry, I'm no Sith and I have no intensions of becoming one"

He takes a routine glance around, checking for any beasts that should be stupid enough to attack the party. But ev'rything appears to be in order (OOC: rolled a fumble (1)...he's sees absolutely nothing)

Corr Terek
26 August 2005, 10:52 AM
"that's propably because it's a lightsaber design not used since the infamous Sith Apprentice Darth Maul around 80 years or something ago", he explains very matter-of-fact, "it's a double-bladed lightsaber which gives the user an offensive advantage, over a defensive approach... but don't worry, I'm no Sith and I have no intensions of becoming one"

Leon chuckled. "That's a relief, I must say. Though I'm not knowledgeable on Jedi history, so the term 'Sith' doubtless means less to me than it would to you or our other friends."

He glances again at the lightsaber. "My dueling instructor had a similar weapon, a double-bladed vibro-pike. I could never match him when he chose to duel with it."

DarthBalmung
27 August 2005, 05:56 AM
Zucka can't speak as he is expending his energy on keeping up.

Krad-edis
27 August 2005, 04:26 PM
"that's propably because it's a lightsaber design not used since the infamous Sith Apprentice Darth Maul around 80 years or something ago......it's a double-bladed lightsaber which gives the user an offensive advantage, over a defensive approach... but don't worry, I'm no Sith and I have no intensions of becoming one"

Ahli raised her eyebrows as she listened. It was getting to the point where she was indeed thinking about leaving the Jedi Order....the Order she loved was getting ready to implode on itself.

So the wise words of 'a Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense....not attack' has morphed.....no, not morphed...warped into 'A Jedi is free to use dark knowledge of Sith weaponry to make his ability to attack more efficient....as opposed to being defensive'? This sounded a lot like the 'quick and easy' way that Master Skywalker had warned us about early on....and now that warning was going unheeded. A weapon that is made to fit the philosophy of the Sith can and will give the Jedi a boost to his confidence...or arrogance. He will think that since he can use the weapon design of a Sith without turning to the Dark Side, that he is so powerful and so capable that he can go ahead and use the powers of the Sith....and their philosophies. Why is this tolerated by the Jedi leadership? Are they too weak to say anything or are they too dumb to recognize it? Does Rash know what he is getting himself into? I don't think anyone started out with the intention to become a slave to the Dark Side, but who knows. I'll have to watch out for this one. Go ahead and use your big-Sith-sticker Rash....but if I feel the slightest bit cold from your actions...there is going to be a problem.

She took a deep breath as the group walked onward.

"That's a relief, I must say. Though I'm not knowledgeable on Jedi history, so the term 'Sith' doubtless means less to me than it would to you or our other friends."

"The tactics and history of the Empire....especially the 'Rule by Fear Doctrine' should give you some insight, Lord Corwell."

"My dueling instructor had a similar weapon, a double-bladed vibro-pike. I could never match him when he chose to duel with it."

Great....What is with it with the double bladed weapons? Isn't one enough? It is for Master Skywalker. Hmmmmm...Maybe you two are long lost brothers or cousins....or maybe it's the hair.

Stirroret
28 August 2005, 09:12 AM
Leon chuckled. "That's a relief, I must say. Though I'm not knowledgeable on Jedi history, so the term 'Sith' doubtless means less to me than it would to you or our other friends."

He glances again at the lightsaber. "My dueling instructor had a similar weapon, a double-bladed vibro-pike. I could never match him when he chose to duel with it."

"Well... it is after all weapon difficult to master... but when mastered - trust me it is nearly impossible to defeat in combat", he says with a certain authority, "your master must have been a great duelist" he pauses and takes a swift glance at Ahli to see if she's within an ears length I sense a distrust of me and my motives, coming from that one...I wonder why? he looks back at Leon.
"So what's your story?"

Corr Terek
29 August 2005, 09:41 AM
"The tactics and history of the Empire....especially the 'Rule by Fear Doctrine' should give you some insight, Lord Corwell."

Leon shrugged ruefully. "As I was born after the heyday of the Empire, I can't really use that to judge." He frowned. "My tutor at home never liked to dwell on the Imperial days."


"Well... it is after all weapon difficult to master... but when mastered - trust me it is nearly impossible to defeat in combat", he says with a certain authority, "your master must have been a great duelist" he pauses and takes a swift glance at Ahli to see if she's within an ears length I sense a distrust of me and my motives, coming from that one...I wonder why? he looks back at Leon. "So what's your story?"

Leon shrugged again. "Not very interesting, I'm afraid. I was born into the family Corwell, on Naboo, the second son of the family. I grew up being tutored in many different subjects -- etiquette, history, science, mathematics, literature, and several other subjects. Oh, yes, and I was taught ceremonial fencing by my dueling master."

He glanced out into the forest. "When the Vong came, my brother left to help in the war effort. I wanted to go, too, but my parents said I was too young, and so I was kept out of the entire war." He grinned. "My brother managed to join Page's Commandos, and I hear he's become a very decorated soldier...we don't know for sure, though, because he doesn't communicate with home very often."

Krad-edis
29 August 2005, 12:17 PM
"As I was born after the heyday of the Empire, I can't really use that to judge." He frowned. "My tutor at home never liked to dwell on the Imperial days."

Billions were killed and enslaved and you can't judge? I hope if we enter combat together you can see black, gray and white for what they are. (mental sigh) Not judge huh? Oh for crying out loud! It was not even thirty years ago! Sure you can judge. It isn't ancient history that no one is sure about. The history is right there....some of it is still alive today. In fact, you and I, even though we grew up after the Emperor was already dead, we were still around during the times when the great divide amongst the warlords was taking place. I don't know what to say Corwell, other than that your teacher is supposed to teach....not dwell. By doing so...he really did you a disservice.

"Not very interesting, I'm afraid. I was born into the family Corwell, on Naboo, the second son of the family. I grew up being tutored in many different subjects -- etiquette, history, science, mathematics, literature, and several other subjects. Oh, yes, and I was taught ceremonial fencing by my dueling master.................."When the Vong came, my brother left to help in the war effort. I wanted to go, too, but my parents said I was too young, and so I was kept out of the entire war...........My brother managed to join Page's Commandos, and I hear he's become a very decorated soldier...we don't know for sure, though, because he doesn't communicate with home very often."

"I really hope you find him. If he was with Page's Commandos, I'm sure he is doing well....and is most decorated. I would imagine that he would know something about the Empire. Most of us here probably have some knowledge. I myself was only a few years old when the Empire was defeated...but surely you know who the Emperor was...and who his apprentice and chief emissary was? Right? He was a symbol of oppression, and when the going got rough for sector Moffs or the Imperial War Machine at large, the Emperor sent him to.....fix things. Darth Vader, the Dark Lord of the Sith. Surely you have heard of him in your history lessons? If your classical education only was that of Naboo's culture, then I really suggest you read up on the Empire...especially of it's forming. Those days may come back...and everyone should know how to recognize it."

Corr Terek
29 August 2005, 01:23 PM
OOC: Did we ever get a lock on exactly how long after the Vong war this campaign takes place? Part of Leon's...ambiguity is because I haven't been able to precisely place when he was born.

IC:


"I really hope you find him. If he was with Page's Commandos, I'm sure he is doing well....and is most decorated. I would imagine that he would know something about the Empire. Most of us here probably have some knowledge. I myself was only a few years old when the Empire was defeated...but surely you know who the Emperor was...and who his apprentice and chief emissary was? Right? He was a symbol of oppression, and when the going got rough for sector Moffs or the Imperial War Machine at large, the Emperor sent him to.....fix things. Darth Vader, the Dark Lord of the Sith. Surely you have heard of him in your history lessons? If your classical education only was that of Naboo's culture, then I really suggest you read up on the Empire...especially of it's forming. Those days may come back...and everyone should know how to recognize it."

"You are correct in that my education comprised largely of Naboo history -- and I'm not unaware of our culture's own minor encounter with the Sith." Leon agreed. "I also am aware of the Empire's many atrocities in the past. However, the Empire that I know is a trusted ally."

He glanced at Jedi Rash. "I think also a distinction is to be made between Sith and Empire. The Empire, if I understand correctly, was run by a Sith and his apprentice. Sith teachings were not widespread, as they would be if the Empire was actually the theocracy you seem to be suggesting. I don't deny the evil that Sith or Imperials have committed. I just think there's a distinction between the two."

He spread his hands placatingly. "I am only pointing out the ignorance that most people have of the Sith. Jedi against Sith, Sith against Jedi, and what does it mean to the common man? Absolutely nothing, because we are not educated in it. The name 'Sith' for most people is only a profanity."

Stirroret
29 August 2005, 01:35 PM
"...Darth Vader, the Dark Lord of the Sith. Surely you have heard of him in your history lessons? If your classical education only was that of Naboo's culture, then I really suggest you read up on the Empire...especially of it's forming. Those days may come back...and everyone should know how to recognize it."

"Excuse me Ahli, but that doesn't clarify what a Sith really means", he specifies how do I make it clear without being misunderstood "a Sith is a force-using terrorist that believes in power and oppression above peace and negotiation. The last Siths was the tyrants Emporer Palpatine and his pupil, bodyguard and enforcer Darth Vader" he pauses for effect "they stand for evil, darkness and eternal pain. That is why cannot allow a fellow jedi to fall to the dark side and thereby be tempted to follow the path of the Sith" he looks at Ahli "wouldn't you agree?"

Krad-edis
29 August 2005, 03:24 PM
"I am only pointing out the ignorance that most people have of the Sith. Jedi against Sith, Sith against Jedi, and what does it mean to the common man? Absolutely nothing, because we are not educated in it. The name 'Sith' for most people is only a profanity."

Have you ever wandered why it is considered profane?

Well it isn't exactly a theocracy.....it's a...... Only the two Sith Lords really live by their tenants, and just demand that their followers follow their orders as if they were gods. I guess it would be a modified theocracy. Look, ordinarily I would agree that Sith teachings are apart from any type of government....But one can see Sith doctrine and the emphasis of fear in the Empire's rule. No Sith in his right mind would teach his tenants to the masses. If that were to happen, he would have rebellion after rebellion....all because his masses would want what he wants....power."

"Excuse me Ahli, but that doesn't clarify what a Sith really means. A Sith is a force-using terrorist that believes in power and oppression above peace and negotiation. The last Siths was the tyrants Emporer Palpatine and his pupil, bodyguard and enforcer Darth Vader. They stand for evil, darkness and eternal pain. That is why cannot allow a fellow jedi to fall to the dark side and thereby be tempted to follow the path of the Sith....(Ahli) wouldn't you agree?"

"That is only a quick summary of what they are....but it will do. I really suggest that Leon reads up on the Rule by Fear Doctrine....if he wishes. Understanding the Empire is very much an understanding of the Sith. With studying the Empire, he has more than two decades of their methods for his review. The Emperor was a Sith Lord...A Sith Master, and his apprentice, Darth Vader was also a Sith Lord. They were at the heart of all that evil. Force usage aside....as dark and horrible as it was, their real power was through being manipulative and ruling through fear. If it were just them, the galaxy would have crushed them, but no....they managed to find support. They swayed people. They themselves had trillions on their side. Lord Vader was kept on edge by his Master, and he kept the rest of the Empire on edge. Their power was absolute through fear. A dark side terrorist can be cut down with a small task force. A crafty Sith Lord can set the cards up for his rule of the galaxy....with enough support. The Empire formed when the Republic or free society was in crisis. When someone can manipulate many to give up hope on freedom and convince them that their Republic is too sick to survive...then history will repeat itself. Look around us, the galaxy is in shambles and trillions are wondering right now what the Republic is going to do. Some believe that they are entitled to happiness by the Galactic Republic and will complain regardless, others need advice on how to repair the damage done and are becoming vocal because it isn't happening fast enough. Most seem to think that all of this can be done overnight and wanted it done yesterday. They are desperate and that makes them think desperately....illogically. Repairs, relocations, terra-farming....all takes time. We will need strong leaders in the Senate and amongst the Jedi....We will need strong patriots of the galaxy to step up, do their share and not give up. You all know this. (smiles).......It is hard to tell what is happening in the Senate....but if someone steps up and proposes a better way, tyranny can once again come to the forefront....and history will repeat itself. That is why we need to find Colair and confront the source responsible for his turning....before we end up paving a path for a New Empire."

The Jedi trained him....and we, the Jedi are responsible. Hopefully, we did not do the galaxy a disservice. I need to think of ways to stop this young man....who has entered an altered state: the Dark Side.

OOC: Did we ever get a lock on exactly how long after the Vong war this campaign takes place? Part of Leon's...ambiguity is because I haven't been able to precisely place when he was born.

OOC: I'm going on the presumption that it is only a few months after the end of the war. As far as a date, I really don't know for sure.

OOC: Sorry for all the edits....My computer has posted for me once, and I didn't get a chance to edit it beforehand.

PsychoInfiltrator
31 August 2005, 02:47 PM
Ooops...I clarified it for myself, forgot to tell you..about five-six years after the Vong war (giving Valin time to become a fledgeling Knight)

PS: Nice philosophy discussion, you guys. I'll give you some time to continue if you wish, and then arrive at the compound.

IC: Valin's speed drops slightly (Zucka is no longer required ot use all of his energy to keep up) and presumably yours does too.
Valin turns and calls out: "We're getting closer to the compound. Beware of traps set by trainees and Knights for both training and entertainment purposes. Especially the Caamasi limb-traps and the many pitfalls. If you trigger something, try and put it back up if possible, though, please. And if you REALLY want to, you can make a couple of your own."
Moments later Kyrtin yelps and suddenly ducks and a small branch flies zings over his head, expertly flying back up in such a way as to reload the trap in order for it to be reused.

OOC: Feel free to have a trap or two activate or sense a couple of traps-though I warn you, somebody's going to get hit by the GM's nasty Caamasi limb-traps and I haven't chosen who yet...:D (And it might be Kethar-so all is not lost for one of you...:D )

Stirroret
1 September 2005, 07:11 AM
Silas listens interested as Ahli gives her long speech...

"I agree. The Republic is currently in a deep crisis, a crisis emphasized by the Vong War and the bloodshed that followed. But you cannot possibly be comparing this crisis with the crisis the Old Republic faced in the years time preceeding the Clone Wars!", he pauses for effect, "I would say that unfortunately what happened -with the Old Jedi Order AND the galaxy... was a direct result of lack of humility, duty and honor. Both with the politicians - and with the Jedi.
The Jedi forgot why they are in the galaxy and what the true nature of the Force is really like. They...they reduced the Force and its philosophies to a science and stopped listening to its warnings. All the signs of Sith presence was there. They just didn't see either because they couldn't or more unlikely, because they wouldn't"

He felt the issue began to speak to his emotions and paused to gather a grib on them before losing himself in a heated argument, VERY unbecoming of a Jedi remember the code... there is no emotion there is peace

"I would be so bold to say that the Empire was a necessary evil to balance the ways of the force. You know...to even the score. But what happened after that...the Vongs and all. Terrible, simply terrible. So I agree with you, the galaxy does needs good leadership. Both from its politicians AND from its Jedi"

He stops to let others get a brief comment, but goes ahead and finishes his statement (interrupting) any that may speak

"But I believe the Jedi Order should try and prevent former mistakes from occuring ever again. We need diversity and an open peaceful debate on how the Force should be interpreted as opposed to a single body, Jedi Council deciding what other jedi should think and feel. All I'm saying is...on my travels in the known and the unknown regions of space, I have met many different people with many different aspects on how the Force should be interpreted. Some are very much dark-sided, and therefore unthinkable for us jedis, but other traditions are...not"


Valin's speed drops slightly[quote]

Silas slows down and directs his full attention to Valin...

[quote]Valin turns and calls out: "We're getting closer to the compound. Beware of traps set by trainees and Knights for both training and entertainment purposes. Especially the Caamasi limb-traps and the many pitfalls. If you trigger something, try and put it back up if possible, though, please. And if you REALLY want to, you can make a couple of your own."
Moments later Kyrtin yelps and suddenly ducks and a small branch flies zings over his head, expertly flying back up in such a way as to reload the trap in order for it to be reused.

Silas smiles at the sight of Kyrtin (in his POV) hopping and dancing about to evade a branch of leaves.

Krad-edis
1 September 2005, 08:49 AM
"I agree. The Republic is currently in a deep crisis, a crisis emphasized by the Vong War and the bloodshed that followed. But you cannot possibly be comparing this crisis with the crisis the Old Republic faced in the years time preceeding the Clone Wars!", he pauses for effect, "I would say that unfortunately what happened -with the Old Jedi Order AND the galaxy... was a direct result of lack of humility, duty and honor. Both with the politicians - and with the Jedi.
The Jedi forgot why they are in the galaxy and what the true nature of the Force is really like. They...they reduced the Force and its philosophies to a science and stopped listening to its warnings. All the signs of Sith presence was there. They just didn't see either because they couldn't or more unlikely, because they wouldn't"

"Sure I can. I can compare the Vong Crisis with the fall of the Old Republic. I see the similarities. Why are they so different to you? Two evil forces that snuck right up on us because of squabbling politicians who weakened our Republics from within. They are very similar, but if you wish to disagree on that...well, that's on you. I however would be really careful in saying that the Old Jedi Order's fall was a result of lacking humility, duty and honor. You're bashing twenty-thousand years of Jedi heritage and traditions....which is awfully arrogant of you to be doing as young as you are. While they may have had a problem with humility, you mean to tell me that our current Order doesn't? If you feel so strongly about it though, perhaps you should tell Master Skywalker that his mentors lacked honor and had little sense of duty. See what he tells you. Sure, the signs of the Sith were there, but the Jedi couldn't locate their exact point. They remained hidden. Quite possibly like the problem we face now. I know you feel strongly about it, but the end result was that they couldn't sense them in time. To say that they wouldn't react is pure speculation. If they were so passive, why did the Emperor spend so much time in hunting the remaining Jedi down? I think because he recognized them for what they were....a thorn in his side."

"I would be so bold to say that the Empire was a necessary evil to balance the ways of the force. You know...to even the score. But what happened after that...the Vongs and all. Terrible, simply terrible. So I agree with you, the galaxy does needs good leadership. Both from its politicians AND from its Jedi"

"Again, your opinion....and again (smiles) I find myself at odds with your way of thinking. To suggest that the Republic and Jedi were so good that they needed more evil doers, death and destruction in the galaxy to create harmony is silly. I've heard that same idea brought up before and I've never put much stock in it. The galaxy existed for hundreds of generations in harmony without the sense of balance you speak of and it will continue to do so once more. There is no need for the Sith to exist as a balance....then, now or ever.....Politicians need to become Representatives and Senators....and the Jedi need to be Jedi. We agree that leadership and the Code is what's needed. It tends to keep squabbling and corruption at bay, and our guard up."

"But I believe the Jedi Order should try and prevent former mistakes from occuring ever again. We need diversity and an open peaceful debate on how the Force should be interpreted as opposed to a single body, Jedi Council deciding what other jedi should think and feel. All I'm saying is...on my travels in the known and the unknown regions of space, I have met many different people with many different aspects on how the Force should be interpreted. Some are very much dark-sided, and therefore unthinkable for us jedis, but other traditions are...not"

"Agreed. We should learn from our mistakes and take from all points of history that apply. We do need diversity, but whenever people use that term "open minded" I just cringe. Some people are so open minded that their brains have fallen out and can't be found no matter where you look. Remember, although you have heard many aspects of how the Force should be interpreted, few have been Jedi interpretations. We are Jedi...not some other order....and if the Jedi Council isn't going to dictate what the Code means, then.....who? Some other non-Jedi body? The day that another order or body interprets and tells me what my order's Code means, is the day that I pack my bags and walk out of this mess. Accepting other traditions that are non-hostile is noble and should be encouraged as long as the Code isn't tossed aside. A Jedi never gains much but heartache and despair by submitting the Jedi Code into relativism. Some have tried doing so in the past....you know, taking bits from the Code and bits of what they want the Code to be and acting with that..... and they ended up becoming Dark Jedi or Sith. The Jedi Code is the Jedi Code and some things have to remain absolute. It isn't a mood that just changes....it is a philosophy....and our greatest safeguard from the Dark Side. When one compromises the Code, even with the motives of knowledge, he or she might be biting off more than they can chew......We do need a single body determining what the Code means. If we have lots of bodies debating, rarely do we get anywhere but endless debate. As a result of that...we get factions....Kind of like what we have now. I do however think a Jedi Council expansion is in order....Primarily tasked with being more selective with who they train.....and then remaining with them throughout their training......I also think that....(SNAP)...."

Ahli threw herself forward into a forward roll as the ground beneath her began to drop to the left and rise to the right. It was a swivel pit, and she just missed falling into its depths. It was well covered, and she admired the pit's quick releveling and camoflage. (Roll 17 + Ref (+5) = 22

"......I'm done talking until we reach the brief."

OOC: I'm attaching a picture of the trap Ahli just avoided. No spikes at the bottom, but still, I advise everyone to watch their steps. :D

Stirroret
1 September 2005, 11:04 AM
"Agreed. We should learn from our mistakes and take from all points of history that apply. We do need diversity, but whenever people use that term "open minded" I just cringe. Some people are so open minded that their brains have fallen out and can't be found no matter where you look.

yeah, yeah... and some are so closed-minded they... better not think this thought, he thought to himself


"....are Jedi...not some other order....and if the Jedi Council isn't going to dictate what the Code means, then.....who? Some other non-Jedi body? The day that another order or body interprets and tells me what my order's Code means, is the day that I pack my bags and walk out of this mess.

whoah...who the heck said anything about another order...


"...epting other traditions that are non-hostile is noble and should be encouraged as long as the Code isn't tossed aside. A Jedi never gains much but heartache and despair by submitting the Jedi Code into relativism. Some have tried doing so in the past....you know, taking bits from the Code and bits of what they want the Code to be and acting with that..... and they ended up becoming Dark Jedi or Sith. The Jedi Code is the Jedi Code...

here we go again... "somethings have to remain absolute"


and some things have to remain absolute. [quote]

..."It is a philosphy...and or safeguard against the dark side""

[quote]It isn't a mood that just changes....it is a philosophy....and our greatest safeguard from the Dark Side.

close... I swear she sounds just like Master Karn!


When one compromises the Code, even with the motives of knowledge, he or she might be biting off more than they can chew......We do need a single body determining what the Code means. If we have lots of bodies debating, rarely do we get anywhere but endless debate. As a result of that...we get factions....Kind of like what we have now. I do however think a Jedi Council expansion is in order....Primarily tasked with being more selective with who they train.....and then remaining with them throughout their training......I also think that....

Silas stopped as he saw something lying hidden in the soil, well camouflaged and was about to warn Ahli when:

>SNAP<


Ahli threw herself forward into a forward roll as the ground beneath her began to drop to the left and rise to the right. It was a swivel pit, and she just missed falling into its depths. It was well covered, and she admired the pit's quick releveling and camoflage.
"......I'm done talking until we reach the brief."

"sure...", he said with an amiable smile and jumped across the pit. you should watch your step missy, he thought to himself smiling

PsychoInfiltrator
1 September 2005, 01:04 PM
Krad, I looked at the picture and if you don't mind, I'd like to make some changes.

-much smaller opening
-only six-10 feet deep
-dull spikes (or no spikes. I envisioned the traps as non-lethal)

TIA,
PSYCH.

Krad-edis
2 September 2005, 03:50 AM
OOC: LOL, if you fall ten feet onto dull spikes, not only will it be lethal, but extremely painful....but....you're the boss. :D

DarthBalmung
2 September 2005, 04:03 AM
Zucka is trying to evade any traps set by the jedi.
" What exactly is a Caamasi limb trap?"

PsychoInfiltrator
2 September 2005, 06:54 AM
Your trap was deeper and had sharp spikes!
No spikes it is then.

IC:

" What exactly is a Caamasi limb trap?"

Suddenly, a branch swings from above and slams into Kethar's head. Simultaneously, anothe large limb hits him at about the knees. One end of Kethat goes one way. One end the other. With enough force that he flips and lands on his face in the mud.

Valin calls out, without even turning: " I believe that that was a Caamasi limb trap. The mud as opposed to the moss indicates that it was most likely set by trainee Maomy, and for future reference, limb traps are activated either be use of the Force or stepping on either a trip wire, or a fake root, which Maomy favors."

Kethar shakily gets back up, his face and robes covered in mud.
"Any other traps I should be aware of?"
Valin: " Yup-Devaronian wrip-roots."
At that very moment, Kethar steps into a thin noose made of root and with a visible flick of Valin's hand, and small branch moves and suddenly Kethar's leg is pulled out form under him and he lands on his back in the mud with a kersplat, the root noose still around his right leg.

OOC: From here on in, with each post please make Spot, Listen, or other such checks to determine if you get hit by or are missed by various other traps.
PS: On constant roles of less than five, you are likely to get hit by something. You still have the ability to hit yourself with traps, however, though you are nearing the compund.

Tiburon4
2 September 2005, 11:43 AM
Matias steps behind Silas

"Silas, I know better than to mess with a Jedi and his "pranks" so I'l just follow you...."

Listen Check rolled 8 (+1, +2,) total 11
Spot Check 11 (+1, +2) total 14

Stirroret
3 September 2005, 06:36 AM
Silas stops for second reaching out to the force as he attempts to spot for any traps as he progresses.


"Silas, I know better than to mess with a Jedi and his "pranks" so I'l just follow you...."

"Wise decision my friend", he mumbles as he concentrates on reaching out to the force...

Spotcheck rolled 20!!! (and I'm not kidding here)+ 6= 26

Listen check rolled 9+2= 11

OOC: So what do I see, as I take that I obviously hear nothing...

Corr Terek
3 September 2005, 07:11 AM
OOC: Sorry for the delay, the last few days have been hectic. Hopefully will post later today.

PsychoInfiltrator
3 September 2005, 08:43 AM
A couple of things, Stirroret.

Your use of Force Points is nowhere near the actual rule based usage for them. As such, I'm giving you them back, negating the unnecessary bonus, and 'ordering' you to look up the proper rules of Force Points.

TIA,
Psych.


PS: Corr Terek: Don't worry, this campaign goes at the speed of the players, and though I may seem impatient some times, this campaign is for the players by a player. Other than combat scenarios and critical points of the campaign-such as when you reach and what you do at the compound-I'm fine as long as each person posts about or at least once a week, even just to tell me that they are alive, or if they PM me.

Corr Terek
5 September 2005, 10:14 AM
OOC: Spot check 17

IC:

Leon concentrated on keeping an eye open for traps. He'd learned from Kethar's mistakes.

"Oh my! Aaauggh!"

Apparently, Eltoo had not.

Leon turned to see the droid dangling upside down, hanging by a vine looped to his right foot. Sighing heavily, Leon drew out his vibro-dagger and turned back to cut his droid loose.

Krad-edis
6 September 2005, 05:51 AM
Concentrating on where she was walking, Ahli had nothing to say until reaching the brief.

Spot Check 15

DarthBalmung
6 September 2005, 10:29 AM
Zucka is slithering alon the trail when he is suppoeed to fall. while he only gets stuck.
" Little help he calls out to the ferst of the group.

Krad-edis
9 September 2005, 10:39 AM
"Little help"

Ahli turns and sees the Hutt on the brink of plummeting into a drop pit. His bulk was pulling him down, and his stubby little arms, nor the combined physical efforts of the group were likely to pull him out of the pit without putting themselves in jeopardy of falling in themselves.

Would it be easier to lift a small crane with the Force to lift him out of the pit, or just use the Force alone? Do we even have a crane here? No matter....I'll give it a try...and hopefully...I can at least keep him from falling in further.

"Little help...an understatement....Hold on!"

Move Object: Roll 11, Ranks and modifier +7 = 18.....I am using a Force Point because I really don't want to see a Zucka fall and get hurt. We've got a job to do and we don't need any further delays. Grand total is a 26. I don't know how much he weighs, but hopefully that is enough to lift him out of the pit and set him down gently on firm ground.

PsychoInfiltrator
11 September 2005, 05:02 PM
Valin lends you some strength and together you lift Zucka out. You feel a restoring of energy and regain your VP-Valin winks.
"Pay more attention, my long and large friend in the future, I do suggest."

PS: Force points spent on a noble cause tend to come back later on in this campaign...and if only for the mental images, it was a noble cause!

Stirroret
12 September 2005, 03:16 AM
Silas sees Ahli helping Zucka good thinking, he smiled and saw Valin rushing to the aid no reason for me getting in the way he thought as he moved along down the treck hoping to reach the academy (and the briefing soon).

He evades a trap easily and resets it.

The sooner we get there, the better... I fear our mark has fallen well out of our reach before we even get there. If not for those blasted traps all around us...

Looked around for more traps as he headed down the trail

Spot check: rolled 5 + 6= 11

and listened for any unusual sounds...

Listen check: rolled 7+2= 9

let's hope it's the last of 'em

PsychoInfiltrator
2 October 2005, 06:43 AM
You all step out of the edge of the forest. You have evidently come out about ten meters to the left (facign the compound) from the path that Colair took. Reddy pink chalk outlines the former locations of the fallen. The camera has been replaced with a smaller model.

There is a trio of students arranged in a large triangle under the watchful eye of a Jedi Knight. The Knight is about twenty five, male, and human. He has blondy/brown hair and blue eyes. One of the students is a female Zabrak, there is also a male human and a female Mira Luka.

in thw middle of the triangle is a remotte, flitting around and turning. Suddenly, several red darts shoot out. Lightsabers flash and most of the bolts are deflected. The Zabrak gets hit in the foot. All three of the bolts aimed at the Mira Luka are deflected to hit the human, who yelps.

"Remember the object of the exercize, Ma'Luke. You must defend yourslef from alll threats, including your fellow trainees."
"Yes, Master Zel."

Other than this group, there is noone visible except a pair of Galactic Alliance guards wearing mixed electromesh and cortosis armor.

Valin follows your gazes to the troopers and speaks.
"The have decided not to take any chances. I never thought that a Knight so adept would go rogue."

The left part of the clearing extends around the building with the camera, which extends another twenty meters to your left. The entrance to the alleyway Colair came out of is visible on the right.

"Well, what do you want too do first? There is a an assemblage of images and data about Colair available in the conference building(Colair points to somewhere around the left side of the camera building), or you can go where you wish. Learn as much as you can about Colair, perhaps then you can find some clue to his whereabouts. Ask any questions that ocme to mind, I will do what I can to answer him.
Oh, the medical ward is down the alleyway on the right, if that is where you wish to go."

OC: Well, you can go where you wish. I'll tell you what you see and hear, you do the rest. Much depends on what happens here at the compound, and you have nigh infinite freedom as to what oyu can do. (As usual, but here I've provided even more.) Also, I believe that I failed to mention that Silas and Matias have seen the same holo the rest of you saw. Kethar, if you are out there, fell free to jump back in at this point.

Krad-edis
4 October 2005, 03:57 AM
I want to talk to someone who had witnessed all of this and was in distance to hear anything the rogue had to say...Dueling distance is close enough. Perhaps Colair gave away something in his duel with Master Szariel?

Ahli turns to Jedi Horn after surveying the area.

"If Master Szariel is conscious, I would like to speak with him. Would he be in the med bay?"

PsychoInfiltrator
4 October 2005, 02:47 PM
"Unfortunately at the moment Master Szariel is currently in a healing trance induced by Master Streen. If it is knowledge about the duel you seek, I could show you where it occurred, or there are others in the medbay who may be conscious. Would you like to visit them?"

OOC: Everyone else, even if you aren't going to post IC right yet, please sign in OOC so that I know you still want to stay in the campaign, it would be awkward to have to find new palyers at this time.

Krad-edis
5 October 2005, 06:16 AM
"Unfortunately at the moment Master Szariel is currently in a healing trance induced by Master Streen. If it is knowledge about the duel you seek, I could show you where it occurred, or there are others in the medbay who may be conscious. Would you like to visit them?"

"That sounds like a good place to start.....

Ahli turns to the others for any sign as to where they may be off to.

.....What do the rest of you think?"

Corr Terek
5 October 2005, 01:17 PM
.....What do the rest of you think?"

"The insights of those who faced the young man would be helpful," Leon nodded. He turned to Eltoo. "While we are thus engaged, I would like you to record any information the other students are able to give."

"Certainly, sir," the droid replied, then canted his head toward their new associate. "If Jedi Horn is agreeable and can supply me with a guide, that is."

PsychoInfiltrator
5 October 2005, 04:43 PM
"You may wish to cover your ears."
Valin lets out a piercing whistle.

Abotu half a minute later, a young boy - 10-12 years old - races over to Valin's side.

"I'd like you to introduce you to Rabray Larare (Ra-bray La-rare), a gifted trainee with considerable maturity and control of his emotions."
Rabray, black haired with dyed silver streaks in his hair, as well as blue eyes, lightly tanned skin, and a (thius world) North American build, beamed.
"Ray, you are to guide this protocol droid wherever he wishes in the compound.-(Rabray's smile dims slightly}-and if you pass the mess, you have my authority to eat however many cookies the droid deems you deserve."
Rabray smiles happily at Eltoo, and it doesn't take a Jedi to tell Rabray will do whatever he can to make the droid happy.

OOC: Still waiting for the others-Stirroret, Tiburon4, Darth Balmung...

PsychoInfiltrator
7 October 2005, 03:23 PM
Valin leads the party through the alleyway that Colair had come out of. On the left A roped off area blocks off the door to another building. On the right, a pile of crates is also roped off. Some of the crates are damged. A couple are bloody. Chalk shows where the force-thrown Jedi landed.

Father down is the door to the medcenter, also on the right.

Rabray waits for Eltoo to instruct him.

Corr Terek
7 October 2005, 04:41 PM
Eltoo turned to the young man. "Master Larare, if you would be so kind as to direct me to those who were in close contact with Jedi Colair -- teachers, classmates -- I would most appreciate it."

PsychoInfiltrator
8 October 2005, 04:27 AM
"Well, I knew him a bit...trainee Maomy knew him well, but he isn't called Nightwalker and Farhider for nothing. He's about six or seven, and he's a Camaasi.
Toray Lavren, a thirteen year old Corulagian, was in a Diplomatic Resolutions class that Colair helped out with..., and Ma'Luke was known for attending every Lightsaber demonstration Colair gave or atttended, and sparred him every chance he got. He was beaten easily every time, but Ma'Luke kept at it. Pretty much everyone kknew Colair to some degree, or at least of Colair."
Rabray watches a small butterfly flittering across the field.

Krad-edis
9 October 2005, 09:16 AM
Valin leads the party through the alleyway that Colair had come out of. On the left A roped off area blocks off the door to another building. On the right, a pile of crates is also roped off. Some of the crates are damged. A couple are bloody. Chalk shows where the force-thrown Jedi landed.

Chalk lines....I wonder how many people lost their lives during Colair's....taking leave?


Father down is the door to the medcenter, also on the right.

At least we're visiting the medcenter...and not the morgue.

"I would really like to speak with someone who encountered Colair during his escape...The holos of his escape are decent...but so much is left out...things he might have said. Feelings the others may have gotten from him as he made his move."

PsychoInfiltrator
9 October 2005, 02:37 PM
"I believe Seargant Rhaman Karak (Rah-man Care-akk) is to be realeased from medical supervision today. The 2-1Bs should all us a visit."

Valin opens the door to the medical area, and Kethar, Ahli, Leon and Zucka enter.

A military man, wearing several banages and with his left arm in a sling is on his way out.

"Ah, Seargant Karak. I'd like you to meet the team who is tasked with hunting down a recent acquaintance of yours."

"I wish them luck. They'll need it."

"I believe they have soem questions for you..."

Corr Terek
9 October 2005, 05:18 PM
Eltoo listened carefully. "Perhaps we'd better start young Lavren and Ma'luke. I know that my Master would be very interested in Colair's combat capabilities, as well as his views on diplomacy. Then, if there is still time, we can seek your Caamasi friend."

PsychoInfiltrator
10 October 2005, 06:00 AM
"I wouldn't quite call him a friend - Colair was his friend.and the only way you'll get to talk to him is if he wishes to be found."

Rabray wlks over towards Zel, Ma'Luke and the others. Zel powers the remot down and the trainees turn off their lightsabers.

[Zel] "Come to join the class, have you?" asks Zel. He obviously doesn't think that Rabray would, but he asks anyway.
[Rabray] "No, Master Zel. The team tasked with hunting down Colair has arrived and Master Horn wishes me to guide-Eltoo-around and Eltoo wisehs to ask Ma'Luke some questions.
[Zel] "Ma'Luke, you had better take a break and talk with the droid."
[Ma'Luke] "Yes Master Zel."

The three of you wlk over farther away from Zel and the trainees, and you notice that Zel has the two trainees practice some two-on-one sparring against him. His flashing Teal blade expertly holds the trainees at bay.

[Ma'Luke] "You wished to ask me soem questions, Eltoo...?"

OOC: Eltoo notices that Rabray already knew Eltoo's nickname before Valin caled him. Evidentally Valin's decision wasn't spur of the moment.

Krad-edis
12 October 2005, 03:24 AM
Ahli took into account the man's injuries and bowed right before she advanced to shake his right hand.

"Seargant Karak, my name is Ahlihandra Zikura. I'm pleased to see that you are on your way to recovery.....I am a student of the Jedi Order and as Jedi Horn has just said...we've been given the task of finding and taking Jedi Colair into custody. You yourself, a non-comissioned officer, have regularly scheduled duties that involve inspections and attention to detail...if I am correct. I want you to think back...use that attention to detail that most non-commissioned officers are known for having...and tell me if you can think of anything Colair said during the ordeal. Were there any threats? Comments? Did anyone try to talk him down...and if so, did he respond with words instead of a lightsaber or dark ability? Anything you can remember actually would be most helpful and appreciated."

Corr Terek
12 October 2005, 08:01 AM
Eltoo nodded. "Yes sir. Rabray has told me that you often attended lightsaber demonstrations that Colair gave. I am unfamiliar with the nuances of lightsaber combat, but I'm sure the Jedi on our team are not, and any information you give me would be helpful. What was Colair's favorite style of combat?"

PsychoInfiltrator
12 October 2005, 01:53 PM
"Seargant Karak, my name is Ahlihandra Zikura. I'm pleased to see that you are on your way to recovery.....I am a student of the Jedi Order and as Jedi Horn has just said...we've been given the task of finding and taking Jedi Colair into custody. You yourself, a non-comissioned officer, have regularly scheduled duties that involve inspections and attention to detail...if I am correct. I want you to think back...use that attention to detail that most non-commissioned officers are known for having...and tell me if you can think of anything Colair said during the ordeal. Were there any threats? Comments? Did anyone try to talk him down...and if so, did he respond with words instead of a lightsaber or dark ability? Anything you can remember actually would be most helpful and appreciated."

"Well, I was only presnet and or conscious for part of Colair's escape. He didn't say anything that I heard. What he was thinking I don't know or he might have said something that I didn't hear...but I don't think he spoke even once. Other than the bit of yelling that drew my attention, I don't think anyone said much of anything to him either. And, pardon me, as I am no Jedi, nor a scholar, but I never saw him use anyy sort of lightning or whatnot that I was told would mark the appearance of a Sith. Everything he did that he saw he has done before, or at least to a lesser extant, though admittedly in a more controlled setting. He has quite the talent when it comes to destroying things."


"Yes sir. Rabray has told me that you often attended lightsaber demonstrations that Colair gave. I am unfamiliar with the nuances of lightsaber combat, but I'm sure the Jedi on our team are not, and any information you give me would be helpful. What was Colair's favorite style of combat?"

"He didn't seem to have any registered style like Ataru or Sere-whatever. Most of the demonstrating he did was how to beat such forms. He was known for a having a quick blade, and he could block...well, pretty much anything when it came to blster bolts. He seemed to have an agressive defense when he dueled...but I'm not a very good swordsman, so I am not the best person to analyse his dueling style, or his abilities. He never used the full extent of his abilities on me, I think, except maybe once or twice. He could disarm me at will, even with all the practising I did. He said that's why I lost, but I don't get what he said. His leavign was quite a surprise for me."

Krad-edis
14 October 2005, 04:09 AM
"Well, I was only presnet and or conscious for part of Colair's escape. He didn't say anything that I heard. What he was thinking I don't know or he might have said something that I didn't hear...but I don't think he spoke even once. Other than the bit of yelling that drew my attention, I don't think anyone said much of anything to him either. And, pardon me, as I am no Jedi, nor a scholar, but I never saw him use anyy sort of lightning or whatnot that I was told would mark the appearance of a Sith. Everything he did that he saw he has done before, or at least to a lesser extant, though admittedly in a more controlled setting. He has quite the talent when it comes to destroying things."

"All right then Sergeant, if there is nothing else you can think of off hand, then I only have several more questions for you...and if you don't know them, then perhaps Jedi Horn may. First,...Where is the ship he hijacked? I want to see the ship and talk to the pilot. Second question...Who is awake that may have witnessed him in action...and was on scene before you showed up? Third question....Who here is proficient with demolitions and familiar with stun grenades at an expert level....particularly when it comes to crafting them or using them in unorthodox applications?"

DarthBalmung
14 October 2005, 11:08 AM
Zucka turns to valin" Are there any people that we can talk to that trained Colai? Per[haps get inside his head al ittle:?"

Corr Terek
14 October 2005, 11:49 AM
Eltoo mentally filed the information away until he could relay it to the team's Jedi. "Are there others we could talk to about Colair's martial habits? It is necessary that my master and his colleagues form a complete picture of the young Jedi -- and that would include his combat prowess."

PsychoInfiltrator
15 October 2005, 07:02 AM
ELTOO SCENE:

Rabray: I do believe Valin has a presentation set up on Colair's combat proficiency. However, Master streen would probably be a good source as well, or most any other Jedi Master on planet. Alos, Knight class instructors should know his capabilities in whatever subject they teach.

MEDBAY:

Karak: I'm an explosives expert, so perhaps I can help you in that respect.

Valin: "The ship Valin hijacked has recently been landed at one of the landing pads. When I went to get you I had heard nothing of the pilot's condition, but I do know that the Lambda rendezvoued with a hyperspace-capable Z95, presumably how Colair got away."
(Addressing Zucka) "Master Streen should be able to help you. Any of Colair's instructors should be able ot help you as well, hopefully. But other than Master Zel, I don't know of anyone other than Master Szariel who taught him recently."

A young Jedi trainee, dresssed in the white robes of a healer, nearly runs into Valin in his haste to leave the MedBay.

"Oh, Master Valin, I did not realize you were here. Master Szariel should be out of his healing trance in a few hours, but Srg. Karak's partner will not be out of the bacta tank for at least another three days. Master Fallixi also remains in a bacta tank, but may be released tomorrow. I am also told to remind you that Pilot Narm Tsel is enroute to Corulaag. GA shipping did not think that a greenstick break in his right arm would hamper him all that much."

DarthBalmung
16 October 2005, 06:04 AM
I see I could see thsi mater streen/

Krad-edis
17 October 2005, 03:07 AM
Karak: I'm an explosives expert, so perhaps I can help you in that respect.

Excellent....I will come see you after I find some leads.


Valin: "The ship Valin hijacked has recently been landed at one of the landing pads. When I went to get you I had heard nothing of the pilot's condition, but I do know that the Lambda rendezvoued with a hyperspace-capable Z95, presumably how Colair got away."

"I was told by Master Solusar that he was unharmed. We need to find him...It seems that everyone else around here who encountered Colair was harmed....I find it odd that the pilot was spared from injury."


"Oh, Master Valin, I did not realize you were here. Master Szariel should be out of his healing trance in a few hours, but Srg. Karak's partner will not be out of the bacta tank for at least another three days. Master Fallixi also remains in a bacta tank, but may be released tomorrow. I am also told to remind you that Pilot Narm Tsel is enroute to Corulaag. GA shipping did not think that a greenstick break in his right arm would hamper him all that much."

Master Szariel is recovering...that's a step in the right direction...But what about this Narm Tsel? Broken arm? This can't be our pilot...Master Solusar said the pilot was unharmed....But then again...based on what I've seen so far today....

"Jedi Horn....please tell me that isn't the pilot we'd like to speak with. Please tell me that someone didn't release a pilot that is part of an ongoing investigation."

PsychoInfiltrator
18 October 2005, 03:47 PM
Valin: "Pilot Tsel accompanied Master Streen in his ill fated attempt to catch Colair. His first overconfident shot was deflected and hit him in the arm, shattering a metal gauntlet. In the process he suffered a minor greenstick fracture."

Krad-edis
30 October 2005, 10:27 PM
"Pilot Tsel accompanied Master Streen in his ill fated attempt to catch Colair. His first overconfident shot was deflected and hit him in the arm, shattering a metal gauntlet. In the process he suffered a minor greenstick fracture."

"Green stick fractured arms shouldn't impair speech. Where is a pilot, one or two of them...any of them that might have witnessed Colair? If this pilot is the one and the same guy who flew the shuttle, I would really like to speak to him. Didn't anyone around here hear him say anything?"

OCC: I'm playing still, but I'm not going to be posting another in character post until some more people start taking an interest in doing so as well. I'm not alone in this room, and I've been basically the only person asking questions here. Time for some others to step up to the plate.

PsychoInfiltrator
31 October 2005, 03:21 AM
OOC: I thought that might be the case. I will, however, respond to your question now.

Valin: "No, Pilot Tsel was not the pilot who flew the shuttle. Bror Vasith flew the shuttle. He's currentlyunder a mental probe ot see if Colair left any lasting imprints."

PsychoInfiltrator
25 November 2005, 02:35 PM
Two small Kappa2 Class high-speed courier shuttles streaked across the skies of Yavin 4. Their droid pilots hadn't made much conversation with each craft's occupants, allowing them both ample time to think, and wonder at why they had been summoned to the compound. Each had been off working with refugees on different planets; one had been working with Ithorians settling the worlds of the Utegetu Nebula, (hedgehog39, this was you,) and the other had been working on Honoghr, helping to hand-harvest a crop of Slarrfruit. (That would be you, Mack.) Originally native to Barab 1, the Barabels had planted, or in some cases replanted, what remained on Honoghr. The Slarrfruit harvested this year would be used to reintroduce Slarrfruit to a small portion of now-habitable Barab 1.

OOC: Each of you have a couple days to post some thoughts before I have you land. You may post if you wish, or you may not. Your choice.

As to Corr and Krad: Continue with your explorations and questions.

Consider the TAOD hiatus to be OVER and DONE WITH. In other words, we now return to regularly scheduled roleplaying, albeit with two additions.

Krad-edis
25 November 2005, 03:35 PM
"No, Pilot Tsel was not the pilot who flew the shuttle. Bror Vasith flew the shuttle. He's currentlyunder a mental probe ot see if Colair left any lasting imprints."

"Outstanding...best news I've heard since we've arrived. When will we get word if imprints were found?"

Corr Terek
25 November 2005, 04:35 PM
Leon frowned. "Imprints? What does that mean?" He was still new to the Jedi ways, and there was much he didn't understand.

hedgehog39
26 November 2005, 07:51 AM
A blue lightsaber whirls and four tiny bolts arc away to dissipate harmlessly on the interior of the shuttle. Despite the cramped conditions, none of the seats have been singed. The two training remotes responsible for the barrage float back, almost respectfully. For a moment, an engergized hum is the only sound in the shuttle.

A pleasant, genderless voice over the intercom breaks the sanctity of the moment. "Please return to your seats. Atmospheric sensors indicate turbulence along this shuttle's projected flight path. For your own safety, you are advised to return to your seats."

Sighing, Damaskos releases the switch on the saber bequeathed to him by master Skywalker, letting the azure glow die with a signature hiss.

Abruptly, the shuttle lurches to the side. The young man inside falters for a step before adjusting to the shift and regaining his balance.

Balance. Such a pretty word to refer to a concept whose existence he doubts a little more each day. In his youth, he'd beleived that the laws that were truly just were those that sought a fair and balanced judgement. Now, a bit older but hardly much wiser, he realizes that such judgements do not exist. Perhaps the advantage of narrow, dogmatic interpretations is that they realize the futility of balance in all cases, but endeavor to give it to as many as possible while regretfully leaving some out in the cold.

Quite literally in some cases on the assignment he has just left. The Ithorians have a reputation of peacfulness and cooperation, but he has found out that when it comes down to whether one's neighbor's family has a shelter or one's own, they are just vicious as a cornered wookie. His initial attempts to mediate disputes over land in a way that made everyone happy had been dismal failures. Within a month, he had resigned himself to working so that as many Ithorians as possible had a home to settle at the end of each day while offering what condolence and encouragement he could to those the New Republic could not support.

Progress had been slow, and when a message had arrived from Master Katarn to return to Yavin for a new assignment, he had come to the conclusion that, despite his natural penchant for making the law work for as many as possible, someone with more experience was required.

That stings. He knows that pride is the foundation of many paths to the darkside, and he tries to banish it, but it still stings.

"Please return to your seat..." The public service anouncement continues to drone is mantra.

Gritting his teeth, trying not to think of the dissapointment he has brought, Damaskos reaches for a remote controller and dials up the difficulty level from four to eight.

There is no ignorance, There is knowledge... There is no chaos, there is harmony The jostling and lurching of the shuttle merely requires a shift in his stance. The ship's safety system admonishing him for the umpteenth time is nothing more than a distraction. He already knows what they are attempting to convey. He feels inward, trying to find the simple path that will lead him through the chaos of noise and motion.

He waits.

And waits.

His nerves begin to fray. He wonders if he mis-configured the drones.

He waits. His eyes flick nervously to the controller to-

The drones fly into orbit around him, unleashing a torrent of bolts. The snap-hiss of an igniting lightsaber peirces the air and a circular blue smear seems to fill the air around him, twisting and weaving, once, twice-

No less than seven hellacious shocks run through him as his unity with the Force falters and his lightsaber misses its mark. He yelps and pitches forward as the shuttle lurches again. The saber's grip flies out of his hand as the air rushes from his lungs.

One of the drones unleashes a last stun bolt into his back, as if chiding him for his temerity.

Okay, okay, I can take a hint. Ruefully, he struggles to his feet, recovers the lightsaber, and settles into one of the passenger seats. The seat head in front of him has been sheared off, and the smell of crisped and melted upholstery fills his nostrils.

I caused this much damage from overextending my abilities alone. What might the consequences be if I'm given responsibility that extends further?

He shakes his head and looks out of a view portal, watching the Jedi temple gradually fill his view.

PsychoInfiltrator
27 November 2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Corr Terek
Leon frowned. "Imprints? What does that mean?" He was still new to the Jedi ways, and there was much he didn't understand.

"Well, we know Colair used the force to temporarily dull his senses abit, and blur his short term memory lsightly, but we don't know if he did more than that. There are many Sith techniques we know of, probably some we don't know of, and most likely some only a few Masters know of that could have caused some form of lasting damage, a taint, or perhaps even establishing a link between the two, making Bror Vasith into an unwitting spy. Or he could have done something else. We aren't entirley sure of what can be done, or what Colair could have done, and we are just tryign to find out if he did anything lasting.

You'll find out the results most likely when he is either put in this medbay for examination by droids, or if he's sent to Mon Calimari to see Cilghal- meaning that they think or know they found something. If they don't, you will get a chance to speak with them."

OOC: Corr, you might wnat to update Eltoo.

Krad-edis
28 November 2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
"Well, we know Colair used the force to temporarily dull his senses abit, and blur his short term memory lsightly, but we don't know if he did more than that. There are many Sith techniques we know of, probably some we don't know of, and most likely some only a few Masters know of that could have caused some form of lasting damage, a taint, or perhaps even establishing a link between the two, making Bror Vasith into an unwitting spy. Or he could have done something else. We aren't entirley sure of what can be done, or what Colair could have done, and we are just tryign to find out if he did anything lasting.

You'll find out the results most likely when he is either put in this medbay for examination by droids, or if he's sent to Mon Calimari to see Cilghal- meaning that they think or know they found something. If they don't, you will get a chance to speak with them."

Think or know they found something....I know my vote of confidence is still being held if you're going to say it like that....Okay...minor setback...still don't know when the results will be....What?!.....Mon Calamari? Well crap...it could be days before we hear anything. Patience...patience...patience...the Jedi preach patience while meanwhile no one around here really has done any type of preliminary investigation and with every passing second, distance between us and Colair expands ten-fold. They're letting everyone leave.

"Valin...who's in charge here?...I'd like to speak with them."

PsychoInfiltrator
28 November 2005, 04:00 PM
"Master Streen is in charge. He's in his chambers, meditating. I don't think he was expecting to have to fight off a would-be Knight with a spectacular innate ability to destroy thinks. That is to say, I don't think he was expecting a big rock exploding right in front of him.
He assigned me to pull together the team to hunt down Colair. Rabray and myself have been doing all the work, getting the status of the witnesses and injured, taping off sections of the compound for inspection, and the like. I've also had two others summoned here, to round out the team; and Rabray and I have put together a presentation on Colair's abilities. We mostly copied straight out of the presentation for Master Skywalker when he was scheduled to come next week, for the Knighting and possible Master ceremonies. Colair should have been Knighted last time Master Skywalker was here for the ceremony, three months ago, but they apparently had a private philosophical disagreement, and I daresay Colair 'won.'"

Mack Jace
28 November 2005, 04:57 PM
Jala sat in her seat quietly, waiting for the trip to be over. She remembered her work on Honoghr, and smiled as she remembered some of the friends she made there.
Working on Honghr was such a good experience for me. I learned of the history of both the Noghri and the Barabels, and I got in some hard work, to boot. It is good to see that the Noghri have been able to begin to rebuild their world from the horrible disaster that they told me about. And the Barabel are on their way to rebuild their world. I too am beginning to rebuild. After that horrible war with the Vong, and my experiences as a child, I am lucky to still have some sanity. And I have a new mission, one that (hopefully) does not involve too much physical labor. Rubbing her muscles she chuckled, Well, no matter what, I will do Master Skywalker's wishes. As the ship entered the atmosphere, she buckled in, knowing that a new adventure was about to begin.

Corr Terek
28 November 2005, 05:22 PM
"Master Streen is in charge. He's in his chambers, meditating. I don't think he was expecting to have to fight off a would-be Knight with a spectacular innate ability to destroy thinks. That is to say, I don't think he was expecting a big rock exploding right in front of him.

Leon cocked his head. "I didn't know Jedi were capable of doing things like that. Or is this perhaps some Sith talent you were previously unaware of?" He shivered slightly. He wasn't entirely sure he was prepared to face an enemy who could make things explode just by willing them to.

Krad-edis
1 December 2005, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
"Master Streen is in charge. He's in his chambers, meditating. I don't think he was expecting to have to fight off a would-be Knight with a spectacular innate ability to destroy thinks. That is to say, I don't think he was expecting a big rock exploding right in front of him.
He assigned me to pull together the team to hunt down Colair. Rabray and myself have been doing all the work, getting the status of the witnesses and injured, taping off sections of the compound for inspection, and the like. I've also had two others summoned here, to round out the team; and Rabray and I have put together a presentation on Colair's abilities. We mostly copied straight out of the presentation for Master Skywalker when he was scheduled to come next week, for the Knighting and possible Master ceremonies. Colair should have been Knighted last time Master Skywalker was here for the ceremony, three months ago, but they apparently had a private philosophical disagreement, and I daresay Colair 'won.'"

Won?....Really? Are we going to get a glimpse into the psyche of this Jedi gone berserk finally? Maybe....

"What was the disagreement about...do you remember?"

PsychoInfiltrator
3 December 2005, 06:01 AM
Valin: "Well, he didn't exactly just 'will' it to explode. Colair has a special talent, (Read: A bloodline thing.), where he can use the Force to destroy (Read: Force Strike) items in a different manner than usual. Basically, he focuses on a small area in a certain way, which causes limited...crinkling, I guess, of the area immediately around it, then 'injects' a large amount of energy into it. This energy usually takes the form of kinetic energy, but will occasionally be heat energy. It is incredibly draining for him, however to target such a large object with so much energy. (Read: Costs lots of VP, also limited uses per day.) He is adept at destroyign fuel tanks and crumpling steering vanes, or fuzing together circuits. The normal applications of using the Force to destroy things (Read: Normal Force strike.) he is also highly skilled in. (Read: Max skill points, Skill Emphasis.). As to the discussion....I don't know what it was about. I do believe that it had something to do with combat, however."


Atmosphere of Yavin 4:

The two shuttles pulled up alongside each other, then landed at another landing pad.

When the Jedi get out, they see a couple techs(1 Verp, 1 Ryn.), a human Knight, nd a pair of twin Twi'lek Trainees carrying Ysalimari backpacks. The Knight is focusing on the figure of an obviously very stressed man in pilot uniform, who is being supported by the techies. There are no obvious physicall wounds, but the man is somewhat pale, looking like he's just been scared out of his wits. The Twi'leks, (males,) are alternately moving the Ysalimari backpacks so that the bubble will or will not encopass the poor pilot, espacially his head, whiule the Knight seems to be lookign for somethign with the force, and not finding it.

The shuttle Colair escpaed in is sitting on another area of the pad, being serviced by a small group of Verpine techs, accompanied by a human soldier in Galactic Alliance uniform.

Krad-edis
3 December 2005, 02:57 PM
If you don't know what the debate was about, how can you daresay Colair won? Certainly you know something...oh well...it's not like anyone around here has been exactly...forthcoming.

Ahli took a second to take a breath before replying.

Calm....calm....calm....I'm a Jedi...I'm a Jedi...I'm a Jedi...1..2...3...4...5....

"Well, let's go talk to Master Streen. This is kind of important, so I don't think he'll mind the interruption."

PsychoInfiltrator
5 December 2005, 02:33 PM
Valin: "Certainly. Follow me." Valin leads you back out into the alleyway, where you meet up with Rabray and Eltoo.

Eltoo: "We would have been back faster, but we stopped at the kitchen for cookies."

Rabray smiles, contentedly, crumbs still visible on his face.

"I brought you some, too, if you want any." Rabray holds out a plate a non-descript cookies. "They're frosted grainmeal-pecan. Quite good, I must say."


OOC: To all people in this campaign who are not Krad-edis: Post. ASAP. I can't join two groups of people up if only one of the people is doing much of anything. Perhaps it would be useful if you posted a 'posting schedule' in the OOC, detailign when you usually can/or cannot post. That way I don't 'yell' at soembody on say...a Thursady for not posting for the last few days without explanation if you can only post late Thursady night through Sundays. Basically, whenever you are on post. Even if its just thoughts of your char. That halps flesh stuff out.

Corr Terek
5 December 2005, 05:24 PM
Leon hoped Eltoo had learned something useful. Of course, even if he hadn't, the side trip hadn't been particularly unsuccessful -- for Rabray, at least.

"We're going to see Master Streen, who will hopefully shed more light on our situation." Leon explained in an undertone to Eltoo. The droid nodded, and Leon took a second to glance at Ahlihandra. She seemed a bit...peeved by the whole situation.

Mack Jace
5 December 2005, 05:32 PM
As Jala stepped off the transport, she immediately noticed the pilot. I wonder what has that man so stressed out? Something big must have happened. She saw the other person step off the other transport, and Jala walked up to meet him.

Greetings. My name is Jala Matale, and you are...?

hedgehog39
5 December 2005, 05:59 PM
Damaskos sees the green-skinned twi'lek disembarking from a shuttle similar to his own. Noting that she has a lightsaber and unsure of her rank, he nods respectfully.

He takes a few steps forward and sucks in his breath as he inadvertently enters the ysalimiri's field of influence. It is not simply that he feels half-deaf, but he can suddenly no longer make out the body language of those around him. It is as if they are all babbling in alien tongues beyond his comprehension. Carefully, he steps back, forcing himself to exhale calmly and not sigh in releif.

So that's an ysalimiri, he muses, I wonder... if the Force penetrates and flows through all living things, but cannot flow around an ysalimiri what does that mean about it? And the Vong for that matter.

He suddenly becomes aware that the twi'lek jedi is approaching him intently. He steels himself inwardly.


Greetings. My name is Jala Matale, and you are...?

Damaskos smiles shyly and bows politely. His voice is even but pleasant to listen to.

"I am padawan Damaskos Venant, master. Please forgive my rudeness, but I have to report in. I think that I am in for it as is, and while I would be delighted by company, there is little sense in delaying the inevitable. Please accept my apologies." (OOC ...he says blissfully unware that he is talking to another PC)

Krad-edis
9 December 2005, 02:07 PM
"Certainly. Follow me."

I've been taken to a diplomatic galactic session only to be brought back here to be dragged through a field of traps. I have interviewed people who don't seem to know anything about the incident....the incident that they were here for....other than that it took place....Hopefully, Master Streen will have some answers....or be able to provide something that somewhat resembles a clue.

"Of course, right behind you."

PsychoInfiltrator
18 December 2005, 05:49 AM
At the landing pad:

The two Jedi are interrupted as the Verpine tech helping support the pilot glances over and speaks up, in near flawless Basic.

"Masters Matale and Venant? You must be the other two Valin sent for. If you follow us, we'll take you to him."

the two of you follow him, and about ten minutes later, your path intersects with another, and finally you get to the very same clearing the others had recently gotten into.

Valin and the others had just left the med building, and are immediately are visible in the laneway. The Verpine, who through chitchato n the way you know is named Vel't, points out Valin, just as the group with him notice you.

hedgehog39
23 December 2005, 07:04 AM
Damaskos follows rather uneasily beside Master Matale. For some reason, it reminds him of things he would prefer to leave forgotten. Inwardly, he endeavors to let no trace of turmoil threaten his calm exterior.

Figuring that the best way to overcome anxiety is to face it head on, he turns his head as he walks. "Master Matale? It would appear that we have been pulled onto the same assignment. I apologize for my ignorance. Do you happen to know what it is we are being tasked with?"

PsychoInfiltrator
28 December 2005, 04:59 AM
OOC: Hmmm....I'm gone for about ten days and I don't even have anything new to respond to. Hmmmm...Oh well. Hopefully you guys'll be back soon.

Krad-edis
28 December 2005, 05:08 AM
OOC: I've been waiting for about twenty days to see Streen, so don't feel too bad. ;)

Mack Jace
28 December 2005, 05:10 AM
As she's walking along, entrenched in her thoughts, Jala hears Damaskos ask her a question. She suddenly laughs, and answers him.

I do wish you would stop calling me Master. I don't mean to sound rude, but I am a padawan, just as you are. But to answer your question, I do not know anything about our mission.

She keeps walking until she sees the group ahead, and when she approaches, she greets them.

Good [insert time here], Master Valin. I am Padawan Matale, and this is Padawan Venant. We have been ordered to report to you, and we are at your service. She stands there, awaiting his response.

PsychoInfiltrator
28 December 2005, 05:29 AM
Good [insert time here], Master Valin. I am Padawan Matale, and this is Padawan Venant. We have been ordered to report to you, and we are at your service. She stands there, awaiting his response.

Valin: "Jala Matale and Damaskos Venant, meet (he indicates each of them) Ahlihandra Zikura, Leon (Corwell-is it? I'm ashamed to have forgotten!), Eltoo, Kyrtin, Zucka, Kethar Tun-gal, (Somebody and Tiburon4's characters. I forgot their names too. This is VERY embarassing. One of them is Silas Rash.)"
"It appears that my entire team has assembled. You've all viewed the holovid, so you know a little about what you are up against, and you should have been told your basic mission type."
(turns toward Eltoo and Ahli.) "If you would like to 'compare notes' with each other and our new arrivals, now is the time."

Krad-edis
29 December 2005, 11:30 AM
Yeah...that was some brief. If they are on the same page as we are, then they're our comrades in cluelessness. I still can't believe that witnesses...good witnesses mind you...were allowed to leave...

"Welcome back Jedi Matale and Venant. I'm Ahlihandra Zikura...Ahli is what I preferred to be called...and I'm sure the rest of the assembled here will have their own introductions...possibly on the way to see our next lead. Presently, we're about to go visit with Master Streen...one who may give us some insight on Jedi Colair...no...make no mistake about it...Target Colair...Objective Colair....and his volatile abilities and overall temperment."

Ahli looks back at the two younger Jedi...waiting for their introductions, and possible questions. She then nods politely to Eltoo and Leon...the other two of the assembled who seem more up for the task of tracking down Colair.

This team needs less mutes and more hard chargers...Hopefully these two are assets and not asshats.

Mack Jace
29 December 2005, 11:54 AM
Jala listens to Ahli, and whoever else speaks, before answering.

I guess we caught up to you at the right time then. I would like to know more about Colair, and what he can do. I am glad that I can aid in bringing him in.

Jala waits until everyone is done speaking, and when the group leaves, stays toward the back of the group.

Corr Terek
30 December 2005, 10:18 AM
OOC: Sorry for not posting sooner, everyone. Just got a new job with an unpredictable schedule, so posting has been somewhat difficult at best. And yes, it's Corwell.

IC:

Leon nods to the new Jedi. "I'm pleased to meet you both." He glances at Ahlihandra. "I think I speak for all of us when I say that any help is welcome in solving this...quagmire."

After a few seconds of discussion have passed, Leon speaks again. "Ahlihandra has been leading this investigation, and I have bowed to her superior leadership. However, I feel that each of us could be doing more to speed this...matter to a conclusion." He glances at Ahlihandra. "It is my suggestion, then, that each of us take a particular duty upon ourselves, in the interests of creating a smooth and well-functioning team."

OOC:

What duties those would be, I have no idea yet. But it would certainly be easier for me to post if I had some clear idea of what my character should be doing. As it is, Ahlihandra asks most of the questions (which is good, mind you, because Krad-edis comes up with better questions than I would) and really, all we're at now is the question-asking stage.

PsychoInfiltrator
30 December 2005, 12:55 PM
OOC: NOTE: After you visit Streen, (Valin will wait outside,) Valin will split the team up for certain objectives (get rid of the PC turned NPCs).

Krad-edis
30 December 2005, 04:30 PM
"It is my suggestion, then, that each of us take a particular duty upon ourselves, in the interests of creating a smooth and well-functioning team."

Absolutely...delegation and organization is a must.

"Lord Corwell, I don't see my position necessarily as one of absolute leadership. I take it as a responsibility to act when the younger Jedi around me look for someone to take charge. I will be looking for them assert themselves though in matters pertaining to this investigation. It will strengthen them...and ready for them for their trials."

Ahli looked back and forth at the assembled group members.

"I've never lead anything before in my life Lord Corwell...Some would say that leadership and mentoring are the same thing, but all I have done is lecture younger Jedi...when they've asked for it...and head off by myself as a delegate for the Galactic Alliance and Jedi Order in efforts to bring a little peace to a galaxy that is plagued by squabbling and suffering."

The Jedi Knight took a moment to think before continuing.

"What would I bring to the team? Well, I'm an able pilot...but only have experience in handling starfighters. I was supposed to travel light and fast, but I won't be on this mission. So let's scratch that skill for now. (sighs and shakes her head) Let's see...next...I've handled a few disputes that involved aggressive negotiations...and have been responsible for a few treaties...but I have never tracked down a Jedi-gone-berserk. I think my best quality is that I may be able to talk Colair down...at least I hope. He may be misguided...or he may truly be bent...because...well, he likes it that way. We may all be able to talk him down in concert...but...we need to come up with a plan in case Colair is...inconsolable. That's why I want to talk to Master Streen. I want to find out about his abilities in reference to telekinetics. I don't think I'm a match for Colair in lightsaber combat...and from the talk of things...he may be able to best all of us...but I want to see if there is a way to trap him. I'll know more after I...no...we.... talk with Master Streen."


What duties those would be, I have no idea yet. But it would certainly be easier for me to post if I had some clear idea of what my character should be doing. As it is, Ahlihandra asks most of the questions (which is good, mind you, because Krad-edis comes up with better questions than I would) and really, all we're at now is the question-asking stage.

OOC: We're at the question asking stage and I'm 100% sure that you guys have thought of things that I (Ahlihandra) haven't.8o Fire away...no one is going to laugh...It's just more things for us to consider before we are confronting someone who is likely to mop the floor with us if we go toe to toe with him. ;) :D

hedgehog39
30 December 2005, 07:28 PM
Why in space do I always seem to end up under strong women? Just like... no. The force is now. The danger is now.

Damaskos does his best to master his anxieties. He only pipes up when he feels sure that he has banished the quaver in his voice and the bittersweet memories in his head.

"All of us? I... find that slightly far fetched, ma'am, but... well, I am hardly a virtuoso myself, so I bow to your knowlege of this situation. That said, have we any idea of what Colair wants, or what his aims were in leaving?"

Krad-edis
31 December 2005, 10:25 AM
"Ordinarily I'd say it was far fectched myself, but you and I both have been briefed on how he carved a path of destruction out of here. I'm not looking forward to engaging this Colair even with several sabers and blasters at my back...As far as what he wants or wanted...it appeared that he only wanted to leave. If he had his heart set on killing everyone he came across, I don't think many people would have been left. This gives me hope...but...we'll know more about Colair after speaking with Master Streen...Are you all ready?"

Mack Jace
31 December 2005, 11:51 AM
I'm ready to go when you are. And for the record, I'm not sure what I can bring to the table, but I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Corr Terek
31 December 2005, 05:15 PM
"What would I bring to the team? Well, I'm an able pilot...but only have experience in handling starfighters. I was supposed to travel light and fast, but I won't be on this mission. So let's scratch that skill for now. (sighs and shakes her head) Let's see...next...I've handled a few disputes that involved aggressive negotiations...and have been responsible for a few treaties...but I have never tracked down a Jedi-gone-berserk. I think my best quality is that I may be able to talk Colair down...at least I hope.

Leon considered. "Of the team assembled, I am the only non-Jedi. This is more of an asset than we might first think -- I may be able to go places the rest of you cannot, and what little influence I have as the son of a noble house may be useful as well. I have had some diplomatic training, though I frankly admit that if we should proceed to, ah, 'aggressive negotiations' I will not be of much help. I can honestly say, however, that I won't be a liability -- I know my own capabilities and won't blindly rush into a situation."

He smiles at Eltoo. "Additionally, Eltoo is versed in approximately six million forms of communication, and is capable of producing any number of sounds or voices."


Are you all ready?"

"I believe so, yes. Lead on, MacDurren."*

OOC:

*A line from one of Lord Elwin of Naboo's most enduring dramas, the story of a king corrupted by his power to see the future. :D

PsychoInfiltrator
1 January 2006, 01:09 PM
Valin: "Follow me."

Valin leads you down the alleyway, away from the forest, and around the compound on your left.

There is a taller compound, almost a bunker in its hexagonal appearance directly in front of you. Its diameter is perhaps 20m. There is a hexagonal tower that extends upwards from the center, narrowing until reaching the top. Valin leads you through the doorway (which was facing you, on a bearign of 315 degrees form your position just before you turned left). There is an armoured door immediately on your right, and a short hallway that appears to extend to almost the middle of the bunker. It is this hallway you have entered, and there is another door at tthe end, labeled in Huttese, Basic, Camaasi, Noghrese and Rodian "Meditation Room."

The door opens as you get close. (back up a few seconds:) Leon, brushing the armored door, encounters the edge of an ysalimari force-repelling field.

Valin gestures into the room, and all of you but Zucka and Kethar enter. Valin detains them-evidentally he needs to talk to them alone.

You see before a large room full of warm red a purples. There are several large (comfortable) furry red repulsor couches, and upon one sits Streen.

He greets you all, his smiling gaze restign on each of you. He looks mostly calm at first glance, but he is still unsettled.

He waits for one of you to ask him a question as the door finally shuts.

Kyrtin looks osmewhat uncomfortable as Streen's gaze passes across him.

PsychoInfiltrator
1 January 2006, 01:56 PM
OOC: What the hey! I was Commodore five minutes ago. Now I'm...not...anymore.

EDIT: I appear to be on the edge; its Commodore again.

hedgehog39
3 January 2006, 10:09 AM
A "Meditation Room". A room without the Force. Is there a lesson here? Or is this simply to prevent someone from seeing this conversation through the Force?

Shoving down the discomfort of a null-Force zone, Damaskos moves forward and settles himself into a chair. He smooths his features into a mask of pleasant professionalism honed by delivering statements to hundreds of judges, arbitrators, and tribunals and cross-examining witnesses of dozens of species.

"Master Streen. I would like to ask you a few things about Jedi Colair. Where he came from, who he trained with and, less tastefully, whether it is more important that he be returned or stopped, and whether the artifact he absconded with is more important than Colair himself."

Not to mention a more complete and -Oh what the hell, we're in an ysalimiri zone my thoughts can't be pried into- how about a more truthful account of Colair, what he stole, and what drove him to this

He settles back slightly, giving off the impression of being completely at ease. (OOC: Diplomacy or Bluff check?)

PsychoInfiltrator
3 January 2006, 01:41 PM
OOC: I do believe I have been misunderstood. The ysalimari field extends about six inches form the armored door you passed on the way in. The room you are in is by no means 'protected' by a ysalimari force field. Fortuantely for you, Streen ain't no telepath.


"Master Streen. I would like to ask you a few things about Jedi Colair. Where he came from, who he trained with and, less tastefully, whether it is more important that he be returned or stopped, and whether the artifact he absconded with is more important than Colair himself."

Streen; "He was found, alone and abandoned, about a year and a half before the Vong War. He demonstrated ability in the Force, and well...he semed to have an...unusual interest in lightsabers. It wasn't long into his training before he discovered his Force-based destructive 'talents'. He trained first at the Temple, and later on the Errant Venture-he was one of the older trainees.
"When it ocmes to his return...he has made his choice. If he does not come back... And as to stopping him...we have no idea what he's up to. We can only stop Colair if Colair is doing something that can be stopped.
"As to this supposed artifact, which I take to mean the lightsaber...I had never seen it before that day. If it is an artifact, it came here without my knowledge. And as to stealing...he took more important things, as Valin will most likely show you after you are done questioning me.
"Colair's importance...he is a life, among many. Precious, special, and incredibly dangerous."

Krad-edis
3 January 2006, 09:15 PM
Uh oh...we have a Colair being found but where and by whom. Please Master Streen...fill in the blanks.

"Forgive my abruptness Master....but who found him...and where? Master Streen...this is very important. If you do not know or don't remember...then who may? Are there any records of his training or possibly records of his finding? We need to know, so we can piece all of this together."

Where did he come from? Who found him? Why the interest in lightsabers?....and...is he really making the decisions...or is it...this 'artifact'...this lightsaber that he carried with him? My stars! Was this planned...or am I just being a little too suspicious?

Corr Terek
4 January 2006, 08:57 AM
He demonstrated ability in the Force, and well...he semed to have an...unusual interest in lightsabers. It wasn't long into his training before he discovered his Force-based destructive 'talents'. He trained first at the Temple, and later on the Errant Venture-he was one of the older trainees.

"He manifested destructive tendencies early on in training and nothing was done to correct that?" Leon asked skeptically. This just gets better and better.


"When it ocmes to his return...he has made his choice. If he does not come back... And as to stopping him...we have no idea what he's up to. We can only stop Colair if Colair is doing something that can be stopped.

"You're not giving us much in the way of instructions, Master Streen. If Colair chooses not to come back on his own, he should be brought back, no? Nobody with his...talents and bent should be running around loose." He frowned. "And what do you mean, ' We can only stop Colair if Colair is doing something that can be stopped.'? That's not very optomistic..."


"As to this supposed artifact, which I take to mean the lightsaber...I had never seen it before that day. If it is an artifact, it came here without my knowledge. And as to stealing...he took more important things, as Valin will most likely show you after you are done questioning me.

"So, this lightsaber was apparently smuggled on-planet by Colair himself or someone else. Do you have any idea who?"

PsychoInfiltrator
4 January 2006, 09:04 AM
Streen: "Hmmm...who was it...I think it was Mara Jade-Skywalker. Master Tionne brought him to the Temple. Master Solusar spent some time helping him get used to the Temple and training. Like most trainees, no one specifically trained him, once he had adjusted to life there he attended classes normally, and the only thing different about him in his classes with his aptitude for lightsaber combat, his long attention span, and, of course, his destructive capabilities.
I could probably save some time by talking about his social life now. He was no party animal, more the laid back, relaxed fellow. He had no really good friends, but one (female) admiror, several trainees who useed him (especially his lightsaber skills) as a rolemodel...and, well, I gess he did have a good friend. Maomy. Nightwalker and Silentspeaker he is called. He's a Camaasi. A rather...silent 6 year old Camaasi. ... Yes...a very quiet Camaasi..."

Mack Jace
7 January 2006, 03:52 PM
Jala stands there and listens attentively to Master Streen. She has nothing of importance to say, but a red flag goes up when she hears that there were a few people that were Colair's friends. She steps forward and poses a question.

Do we know if these friends of his know anything of importance?

PsychoInfiltrator
8 January 2006, 05:27 AM
Streen: "You'll have to ask them...in Maomy's case, find him. Jallala Pur (jah-lay-la Puer) was slightly crushed by his leaving-she had acrush on him-and she's mostly remained in her quarters. Her emotions when she was told of his leaving were strong enough to break my meditation, but he really was too old for her. She's fifteen."

hedgehog39
12 January 2006, 06:25 AM
"I see. Then perhaps we should question these two individually. Where can they be found?"

Yes, because I'm sure that a hero-worshipping child and a love-struck young lady will have oodles of pertinent information and be all-to-happy to talk to people who want to find the person they care about for discipline

Damaskos' cynical thoughts do not even brush the surface of his expression, which remains a serene mask. Idly, he looks to the others, trying to figure who would be better suited to speaking with whom.