PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Star Wars: Dark Republic

SmugglerJedi
4 June 2005, 07:14 AM
Making sure everyone is here...

Okay, this is, obviously, the OOC thread for Star Wars: Dark Republic, brought to you by yours truly and the SWRPGNetwork. Let's give `em a hand! :P

So this is the alternate storyline of Star Wars. In this timeline, the Clone Wars began when a rogue Jedi, Count Dooku, gathered up his allies and joined a growing political movement known as the Separatists. Soon, the Separatists evolved from a mere movement to a full-fledged organization, and in time broke completely away from the Republic, forming the Confederacy of Independent Systems, or CIS, with Count Dooku as the Supreme Commander and the High Council of the Confederacy, made up of the Trade Federation's viceroys and several other prominent members of the galactic economy, at its helm. General Greivous, commander of the droid army, became second-in-command.

The Jedi Order, supported by a new clone army from Kamino, rallied the Republic against this new threat. The battles raged on and on, massive casulties on both sides. But the Republic was winning. The war looked to be over. The titantic battles on Saleucumi, Kashyyk, Utapau, and other worlds drained the CIS of its military might. As the close of the war loomed and the Senate debated how to best move back towards a more democratic government, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine set plans in motion to destroy the Jedi and become Emperor of the Galaxy. When the Grand Army of the Republic, alongside the Jedi Knights, finally destroyed the CIS stronghold on Korat V, the public turned to Palpatine and requested he give up his powers.

Instead, he set his plans into motion for destroying the Jedi Knights. Unfortunately for him, they backfired when the Jedi discovered his intentions and alerted the public. The Senate and the people went against Palpatine, and though he tried to utilize Executive Order 66 and have the clones destroy the Jedi, the courageous works of saboteurs and technicians stopped the signal, while the Kaminoans sent their own out that radically altered the decision-making processes in the clones by telling them that Palpatine was a fraud and he was not to be trusted. Without the support of either the public or the clone army, Palpatine fled known space.

A year later, a mysterious group of capital ships appeared in the Dythos system and coerced its leaders to began building more ships and weapons for them. When the Republic went in to investigate, they discovered a terrible truth - the leader of this new faction was Palpatine himself, who now wasn't hiding anything. He was Darth Sidious, and his loyal supporters were going to help him eliminate the antiquated Republic and replace it with the First Galactic Empire. For an entire year Palpatine ravaged the Republic in his coup. He was finally captured by Jedi Knights while leading an invasion of Averam, arrested, tried, and sentenced to a faraway penal colony where he never be seen again, watched over by the best of the Jedi Knights.

The Republic began to rebuild. There were few clones now, and the Republic could not afford anymore, so the Senate created the new Republic Defense Force to compensate, drawing volunteers from all over the galaxy. The Jedi Order immediately attempted to rebuild itself after both the Clone Wars and the Palpatine Affair sapped their strength tremendously. Meanwhile, the economy was throughly wrecked by both conflicts, and the Republic struggled to get back on its feet. Pirates roamed the trade lanes as the RDF, Grand Army of the Republic (GAR), the Jedi Order, and the newly formed "Sector Patrol" (basically vigilantes with unofficial government support) hunted them down, sometimes successfully, often times not.

Meanwhile, a pall of dread has drifted over the Republic. Many do not feel secure with the Republic, and indeed a great deal blame the Clone Wars and the Palpatine Affair on the Republic. While an equal number fully support the Republic, it is those who dislike it that now commit acts of terrorism and instill fear into the populace. Mysterious explosions, bizarre deaths, frightening dissappearences, they all serve to make the public believe that the Republic is on its deathbed.

And here, is where the campaign shall begin...

CaamasiJedi49
4 June 2005, 09:26 AM
Sweet mother of monkey, now thats a nice back story. Im here and Chaan Haalo is ready for action.

Caamasi Jedi49

SmugglerJedi
4 June 2005, 04:45 PM
Diggs, I have one word for your post:

Nice.

SJ.

Lord Diggori
4 June 2005, 05:29 PM

I was worried too many run-on sentences would get tedius. Then again I always try to do SW Lucas style by highly focusing on the visuals. Still, in a written medium, ya gotta churn out the thousand word to make the single picture.

Vice Man
4 June 2005, 10:27 PM
I am here. Nice Intro btw. Also I Emailed my character to you. Its Late so I will post an action on the IC board tomorrow. hope this is not an inconvience.

Till Later,

Vice Man

Master_thorin
5 June 2005, 04:27 PM
Here and Reply posted

CaamasiJedi49
6 June 2005, 07:56 AM
Nice to know everyone is enjoying my babysitting comment to teh clones :D.

Caamasi Jedi49

DarthBalmung
6 June 2005, 11:44 AM
Wow, you a writer?

Lord Diggori
9 June 2005, 05:44 PM
I see Red's posted (welcome :D ).
Should we wait for max orbo to post a second time?

SmugglerJedi
15 June 2005, 09:07 AM
Okay guys, OMSN hasn't posted yet. Frankly, I'm not sure what to think. Should we wait for the furry Bothan, or should I keep going? He says he doesn't know where the RP forum is ( :? ) but I don't even have his character. Drop him or wait? It's your decision.

Can't do a poll now, but you can just say in a post. Should I BS the Bothan or should we wait for him to drag his sorry keister up here and post?

SJ.

Lord Diggori
15 June 2005, 10:35 AM
NPC the Bothan.

If you've managed to write a whole adventure and he cant even finish a character...after a week? PBP is supremely slow as it is. We've got 2 Jedi, a soldier, Tech Spec, and a...Lando-esque character; do we really need this Bothan? For this much build-up he'd have to be more impressive than Nex (LOL B) )

In the PBP's I've run a postimg minimum was mandated. 1 post every other day or 7 posts a week. Not saying you should do that here, especially when others have other threads to post to, but SJ you are competing for attention with every other GM in this forum....just my 20 creds.

CaamasiJedi49
15 June 2005, 11:33 AM
I agree. NPC the bothan. And I'm not a lando-esque, Im an oppertunistic pirate, mind you :) .

Caamasi Jedi49

Master_thorin
15 June 2005, 01:50 PM
NPC him, If he hasnt made it here by now, he isnt going to.

Vice Man
15 June 2005, 09:42 PM
I agree with the others, NPC the Bothan. and since we have already started the game there should be some kind of cut off point.

Till later,

Vice Man

SmugglerJedi
16 June 2005, 03:56 AM
And the decision is:

NPC the Bothan. (Boy, will he be pissed.) But I can't please every single being in the universe.

Maybe he'll do that Umbaran he was thinking of...

Anyways, I'm taking Diggs' idea and have instated a new posting minimum: two posts a week. I hope that isn't too challenging. If you can't make the two posts for some reason, okay, I understand. I just want to keep the game flowing.

Later. SJ.

SmugglerJedi
16 June 2005, 04:19 AM
And another thing:

Since OMSN has left, a new player has taken his place: Kethar. I'll be introducing him in just a minute. Now what was his character again? :D

So, we still have 8 players. Rock on! SJ.

Kethar
16 June 2005, 06:16 AM
*Wave* Hey everyone. Well just to let you all know, im O'Deel ICly. Heh, so yeah. Thanks for letting me in!

SmugglerJedi
16 June 2005, 08:08 AM
Hey <b>Kethar</b>. Man, that forum you have is excellent! I have my own Proboards forum, and it isn't half that good! (Well, I also have very few people there...) I really like the background pic, the header pic, and those nice forum pics (you know, the shining star.) Please Email me with how you did that!

SJ. (And yes, I'll post in just a second!)

Lord Diggori
16 June 2005, 11:02 AM
I'll post far more than twice a week , this is my only SW PBP. :hansolo:

Welcome Kethar. How about a pronounciation for that last name ;)

I'm Nexelio 'Nex' Suad
(Todd - T + SW = Suad)

BTW, I dont think anyone would call Chaan Lando-esque! Check the chocolate blazer with the baller slacks, take a while to peep the style baby! :lando:

Kethar
16 June 2005, 07:41 PM
Thanks man! I worked hard on it. Well first for the banner and background image, I worked hard on photoshop. Changed colors, added/removed stuff. It was hard work, the same with the background image. The star I just got and put it onto one section for the place I wanted. It's simple if you know what your doing.

My last name? Fereeta? (Fer-E-Ta) Hehe sounds kinda weird but what ever.

CaamasiJedi49
17 June 2005, 07:38 AM
Thanks Diggori. My character is pretty simple, Chaan Haalo. It's just Chan and Halo with a stretched aa sound.

Caamasi Jedi49

SmugglerJedi
17 June 2005, 01:15 PM
Ah, Halo. Now that's a good game. :D SJ.

CaamasiJedi49
17 June 2005, 01:24 PM
Believe it or not, that wasn't the inspiration for the name. I had this name bouncing around in my head for years actually, long before Halo or Halo II came out.

Caamasi Jedi49

SmugglerJedi
21 June 2005, 08:00 AM
<b>Max</b> says his landlord kicked him out and so he's been too busy to post. I'm going to cut him some slack and post something in the meantime just to keep this story going. So far, so good, and you've already snagged the hook! SJ.

SmugglerJedi
29 June 2005, 07:29 AM
Okay, so its a bump, but its a glorified bump (i.e., a bump that actually has some information.)

Well, with my new job, I've actually found more time (weird, but true) to post, so expect my count to spike. I also want some feedback. Everyone alright? Want me to slow down/speed up? Any changes? Am I doing good?

Anything? SJ.

Lord Diggori
29 June 2005, 08:30 AM
If anything I'd say speed up, but that's me.

Just seems there's alot of transition scenes: Paladi's office to the turbolift, turbolift to the ship, ship on prison carrier to trubolift. This can be good, like the planning we did on the cruiser, but it can also grind things down.

Notice Lucas' pacing. There's usually in one scene a prep time and an action/plot time. We've been generally following this, which is great, but the emphasis has been on prep feels like. Cant we plan some things OOC, here?

CaamasiJedi49
29 June 2005, 12:25 PM
I agree speed up, I have had my guy wine about humans for the last three post's, lets get down to business.

Caamasi Jedi49

SmugglerJedi
2 July 2005, 05:22 PM
Speed up, good. OOC planning, good. Copy Lucas? No. Lucas is a great filmmaker and storyteller and all, but I want this to be in <B>my style</b>, not Lucas' style. So yes, it will be a bit slow. But the next scene will have some info, and if you get through it quickly enough, I promise some blaster bolts and tense feelings.

SJ.

SmugglerJedi
5 July 2005, 07:54 AM
Good to see you back, <b>Vice Man</b>. I hope you get that PM now that your computer has been fixed.

So...who was interrogating again? :) Oh, and BTW, I saw Beverly Hills Cop (BHC) yesterday, and while I saw Axel Foley and friends go running around the city, all I could think of was: <B>You know, Chaan could do that.</b>. :D

SJ.

CaamasiJedi49
6 July 2005, 11:12 AM
YES!

SmugglerJedi
7 July 2005, 07:50 AM
red5_5 has reported he'll be away for a few days, so I'll NPC Astarri until then, unless someone else wants to. JTLUK.

And CJ49, I was thinking about having Chaan become a cop for one mini-campaign...:D

SJ.

CaamasiJedi49
7 July 2005, 08:34 AM
YES! That would be hilarious. I will read up about BHC, so I can get better into "character."

Caamasi Jedi49

SmugglerJedi
11 July 2005, 07:20 AM
Just do that part in the Customs station from BHC-1 and we'll be fine. :D SJ.

SmugglerJedi
13 July 2005, 07:06 AM
Okay, I've forgotten to do a few things. VM, I'll have your stats sent back either tomorrow or the day after. LD, I'll send you a PM on that check. I've been <i>very</i> busy switching my personal computer from Windows ME to LINUX, and it's posing several problems. First I scrub the damn thing and now it's stuck on that high falutin` floppy drive so it won't even pay attention to the CD drive with the LINUX CD!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! :mad:

SJ.

[PS: Just if you're wondering, with absolutely nothing on the hard drive, it's all in MS-DOS mode.]

red5_5
13 July 2005, 01:17 PM
I'm finally back! I'll get caught up and post ASAP. :)

Zeb
14 July 2005, 03:00 PM
Dear Sir or Madam,

Greetings I noticed your RPG on the SWRPg board and was wondering if I can join your game. It looked like a preaty cool game. It looked like a lot of fun to RP in My character is listed below. I look forward to hearing back from you and take your time.

From,
Zeb

CHARACTER NAME: Goerge
CLASS:Jedi Coyncler(Jedi Rouge)/Scandral (Mecanery)
PLAYER: Zeb Oswalt
SPECIES :Trogian
LEVEL : 1 (He's now leve l4, but re starting him at 1 here.)
CLASS LEVEL:1
HEIGHT :8 ft
WEIGHT: 350 ibs
EYES : jade green
HAIR : jet black
SKIN: furry
STRENGTH:18 +4 one handed (+8 two handed.)
DEXTERITY;13 +1
CONSTITUTION: 16 +3
INTELLIGENCE: 8 -1
WISDOM:8 -1
CHARISMA: 8 -1
VITALITY :22 Curent: 22
Woond points: 22
Speed: 10 M

Credits:1,000
Lang: Basic , Togorian
Defance:13=10 + 3 Dex Mod +1 Size Modifire -1
intistive: +1=+1 D.M. + :M.B.

CLASS
BONUS:
DEX
MOD
SIZE
MOD
MISC
BONUS
ARMOR: Blast Vest
CHECK PENALTY: -1
SDR: +2 weight: 3 kg
+ =
FORCE POINTS:2 DARK SIDE POINTS:0
TOTAL BASE SAVE ABILITY MOD
Fourtatude: 16 = +3 + 3 Abilty Mode + Misc Mode
SAVING THROWS MISC MOD

BASE SAVE ABILITY MOD
Reflex: 3 = +2 bonus save+ 1A.M.
MISC MOD

BASE SAVE ABILITY MOD
2 = +3 B.S -1 A.M.
MISC MOD

Melle 4= 1 Base +4, size mode -1

TOTAL ATTACK BONUS DAMAGE CRITICAL

WEAPON: Lighht Saber
TOTAL ATTACK BONUS DAMAGE2d8
CRITICAL: 19-20 RANGE: - WEIGHT: 1 k TYPE: energy speachel. SIZE: SPECIAL PROPERTIES:
WEAPON : Death Hammer (Merr-Sonn mode 434)
TYPE: W Blaster Size:S DAMAGE: 2 d 6 + 2
Critical: 20 range: 8 m weight: 1.2 kg
hardness: 6 Pevalent, licensed

x Craft [ _Light Saber] 2
 Intimidate 2

Pilot 2

Speak Language [ _basic______________ ]
 Speak Language [ _Torgen______________ ]

Swim 2

Tumble 2
Skills marked o can be used untrained (0 skill ranks). *Armor check penalty, if any, applies
[
INITIATIVE : +1
Force Feats:
Force traing ,Force sensitive,Control

Feats
Simple weapons Blaster pistol, light Saber, M. Arts, Force Senity

Force Skills:
Enhance Abilty 3
Heal Self 3
Move abiltiy: 3

Gear:
Item
1. light saber weight 1k
2. Death Hammer (Merr-Sonn mode 434) 1.2 kg
3.Jedi robes 1k
4. Street cloths 4k
5. com link 1k
6. Blast vest 3 kg
7. clock 1k

12.2kg

History :
George's mother died in childbirth of giving birth to George. His father tried to raise him. However being of his species. The need to travel was in him. He decided to take the boy with him. He went to the planet Sacorria. Unfortunately he did not survive his visit all on that planet. He was killed by a rival gang members who did not notice he was even there. They were in a shoot out in a stray laser blast killed him. George was found by the gang and thought he could be useful when he got older.He work many small crimes as a child. He was not a big time criminal. But for a boy he's at his age he was very impressive. Still he was not destined to remain a criminal. One day to Jedi's came to that planet to handle a dispute. One of them took a liking to George.This unnamed Jedi trained George. In fact George has no idea who his parents are he was found at a young age by the Jedi. He was basically a street kid on Sacorria. Sacorria was not his birth planet. In fact he had never met another of his species. He was barely 9 mounths old when his father was killed accidentally. He could not have been more than four or five when these Jedi found him. This Jedi picked him up because of his high MIDI chlorine levels. Not the highest the Jedi had ever seen still they were pretty good amount. George had nowhere else to go. So he gladly went with the Jedi. There he was trained with the other children and how to use a light saber. And his force abilities. The years pass and eventually he was old enough to become a padawan learner. He was assigned to a Jedi Master and everything. He trained to one day become a member of the Jedi Council. He did his job the best he could. And yet the need to travel that was in his basic DNA stayed with him. He checked in the Jedi library and found all of his species of his basic need to travel. He also found that as a Jedi he would be an outcast from his people. He tried to fight the need to travel. But, it was too great. All Trogians had this need to travel. Eventually he left the Jedi order becoming a rouge Jedi. They let him leave. As they let all who wish to leave the order leave.

But, with gladly welcomed back with open arms. He took what position he had with him. And what little credits he had. Still he found if you wanted to travel a lot he had to make credits. He found he can make the most money has a mercenary. He was okay with being called scum. He planned to save up and buy a ship. He could then become a bounty hunter. And catch criminals . He figured as a Jedi bounty hunter he can make a good living. He kept his light saber with him. And later bought a blaster. He tends to usually work with Willie the Priapulin. His info man. Will you thought information on job and George does the job. This is George's intro if campaign is during a different timeline he could have a left the council right before the Jedi purge. And was working in the hut system. And as all of that. Or he was trained by one of the Jedi's who were missed Doering the Empire years. Or he could have been one of the students trained in Luke's school after the new republic. And last later to become a mercenary. Since he still has that need to travel. )

Thanx for your time.

SmugglerJedi
15 July 2005, 03:54 AM
Really? Dislexic?

Anyways, I don't want to be mean, but I'm afraid I can't handle anymore players. If an opening occurs, I'll give you the first crack at joining. I'm sorry, but if I add a 9th player, I'll go nuts!

SJ.

Zeb
15 July 2005, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by SmugglerJedi
Really? Dislexic?

Anyways, I don't want to be mean, but I'm afraid I can't handle anymore players. If an opening occurs, I'll give you the first crack at joining. I'm sorry, but if I add a 9th player, I'll go nuts!

SJ.

Yep. Ah ok no prob and thanx. Ah ok I under stand. Thanx for your time.

Vice Man
27 July 2005, 05:28 PM
I know this is short notice but i will be effectively on vaction from thursday July 28th to August 10th. Sunday July 31st i will have an afternoon to which i will have access to a computer to post but other than that I will not be able to post until the 11th. After that I will be able to post regularly. Have fun all.

Star Wars Forever,

Vice Man

P.S. No i am not refering to the Batman movie.

SmugglerJedi
29 July 2005, 07:30 AM
Sure Zeb, you're welcome. And thanks for the update, VM, no matter how late it is. "Better late than never," as they say.

SJ.

SmugglerJedi
1 August 2005, 07:48 AM
Sorry I haven't done anything yet. Just got my new, Alienware Aurora STAR WARS EDITION computer Friday and I've spent the entire weekend setting it up, putting on the games, etc. Still has no Internet connection yet, but it should have by this Friday.

And damn, is that farking thing HUGE!

;) SJ.

SmugglerJedi
5 August 2005, 07:08 AM
Okay, everyone, just ignore "ffff"'s posts. I don't know who the heck that guy is (probably a troll) but just ignore him. If we pay any attention to him, negative, positive, ANY attention, he'll continue his antics.

I've already reported it. Perhaps more reports will keep his guy out.

SJ.

CaamasiJedi49
5 August 2005, 01:25 PM
Already done. I reported him a day ago.

Caamasi Jedi49

SmugglerJedi
10 August 2005, 07:10 AM
Have any of the REAL players posted yet? Should I start sending out emails or what?

C'mon guys, what is the problem?

SJ.

<i>PS: The IC thread moved to page 2 because it's growing older.</i>

CaamasiJedi49
10 August 2005, 07:43 AM
I posted, a while ago, but their isn't much my character can do right now. Im waiting on everyone else now.

Caamasi Jedi49

Lord Diggori
10 August 2005, 10:26 PM
Yes, definately send out e-mails. This being a Coucil investigation I'd expect the Jedi to take more of an active role, especially lead investigator Aerek.

As far as the problem, seems to me you've let pacing lapse. PBP is slow enough you need action and/or intrigue in huge amounts to maintain. Every post you do should something VERY interesting. Ruyne hinted a clue then passed out, Suad discovered a block out, Genji traced it, and Quentin mentioned the sensor back up station. Thats intriguing and provides direction, but it was stretched over nearly 3 weeks of real time. Too long.

Add that none of the PC's have much of a vested interest in this and that the Jedi now see they serve a torture practicing Republic...

DarthBalmung
16 August 2005, 10:15 AM
Ill be unavailable from Fri to Fri.

fallenjedi51
16 August 2005, 03:28 PM
I would love to do I just need to know what to do pm me or tell me here if I can Join

SmugglerJedi
17 August 2005, 06:54 AM
Thanx, Bal, I'll do some NPC. FallenJedi51, sorry, can't take people in right now. Just wait until after this adventure is over, because I have a feeling some might drop. And that is perfectly okay. 8 players is a bit too much. I'm too ambitious for my own good.

So just hang on. And if anyone wants to complain about my GMing, please, DO IT HERE, DO IT NOW!

SJ.

SmugglerJedi
22 August 2005, 11:32 AM
Okay, that's it. IT! I'm going to send you all on that transport back down the Coruscant and we'll pick it up there. You're tired of the speed. So am I. I know I shouldn't say this, [censored by my conscience]

BTW, where the heck did my dice go? :D

SJ.

Vice Man
26 August 2005, 10:09 AM
Hello everyone, after a long absence, partly planed, partly unplanned, i am back. Sorry it has been so long but things came up that i had to deal with. In any case i see that things have not been moving along well. So I need to ask something, And I am not tring to toot my own horn but was it my lack of posting that affecting the posting speed? where people waiting? I am just asking becuase thats what it looks like from my perspective. But no matter what has happened I appoligize for my long absence and will post in the in character forum right after this post. hopefully nothing else will happen to take me away form this.

See you in the Posts,

Vice Man

SmugglerJedi
26 August 2005, 11:23 AM
It's okay, <b>VM</b>, and BTW, it's nice to see you back. It's great having you here. I understand these things happen - it happens to me too.

So now that we have the band back together, can I hear a cheer?

O yeah, I'll email your stats today, <b>VM</b>. SJ.

SmugglerJedi
10 September 2005, 05:43 PM
Hmm, I think I've made a mistake. Initiative doesn't seem to work on PbP...oh well, this is new, it's OK. And if someone has decided to stop playing, please, contact me! I want to speed this up!

CaamasiJedi49
10 September 2005, 05:44 PM
Well, now you got me quite confused. What the hell am I supposed to do? Im so lost!

Caamasi Jedi49

SmugglerJedi
10 September 2005, 05:50 PM
You wait for the surprise round to end. When Round 1 opens up, then you can start shooting.

Unless you actually think the intiative is going well...then we might keep it.

Lord Diggori
10 September 2005, 09:48 PM
Cheer here, whatever just post.

Who was Vice Man playing again? Dunno.

I check these boards daily, usually finding the last post was days ago. When I do post it takes me 5 minutes to write it, tops. At the fastest I've seen it, that equates to 20 mins per week. PBP sux!

Do Google search on: OpenRPG. A good, FREE program that offers real time online table top RPG's.

Am I quiting, no . It's only 20 minutes per week :D

Vice Man
11 September 2005, 02:51 PM
I am playing Draisen Mildar the padawan Jedi. Anyway I am still posting, oh, btw did you want me to post my damage roll? or will the game master going to do it? anyways i am still here.

Till Time begins or ends,

Vice Man

SmugglerJedi
16 September 2005, 02:45 PM
I think there are just a lot of players that slow down gameplay. But I really can't use direct RPG programs, mainly because I have a 50k connection and I really don't like spending 4 hours on the internet straight.

I'll still investigate, however, and consider OpenRPG. We'll see after this adventure how it goes.

SJ.

CaamasiJedi49
16 September 2005, 05:54 PM
SOryr for being so slow. Since im at school, I don't have my dice readily available. Sorda didn't expect to need to use it. I will try to fix that this weekend.

Caamasi Jedi49

SmugglerJedi
17 September 2005, 09:18 AM
Go to RPGHost, and look under "applications" or "programs." Search for DiceRoller, that's what I use. I'm frankly way too lazy to actually use physical dice, and I really love my computer.

Please remove your mind from the gutter. Thank you.

DarthBalmung
23 September 2005, 03:04 PM
Sorry but school is kiling me; I'll try to post more often.

SmugglerJedi
27 September 2005, 12:55 PM
Okay, it looks like no one has posted. (I haven't received an email, anyways...)

Here is what I'm going to do. I understand now why it isn't working: we have 8 players, which is too many, and secondly, I didn't accept your input in creating this Infinities universe.

So, what is a harried GM to do? Simple!

REBOOT!

I'm narrowing the number of players down from 8 to 4-5. Lord Diggs, CJ49, and Vice Man are the most active, so I think they deserve slots right off the bat. Anyone else who really wants to play, please post in the OOC forum.

In this new "edition", I'm going to accept a great deal of input in creating this new universe. The only real guideline is that the Republic MUST NOT FALL in the Clone Wars.

Thank you for reading this. I'm sorry if I've aggravated anyone; I really have botched this up.

SJ.

CaamasiJedi49
27 September 2005, 03:28 PM
I'm so lost!

Caamasi Jedi49

red5_5
27 September 2005, 03:36 PM
Hey, I'd still like to play. I know that I haven't been posting frequently, but now that I'm settled into college life I have a lot of spare time on my hands. But, that's up to everyone else.

SmugglerJedi
29 September 2005, 03:46 AM
Poor CJ! I'm always so hard on him! ;)

Okay, I'll admit: I'm not a veteran GM. I am a writer, but I haven't GMed for a very long time (like some guys on the Holonet!) I just see this as going too slow and heavily damaged from start to, well, interrupted finish. If you REALLY want to continue w/o reboot, I guess we can do that, but several people have never posted, or at least have posted very rarely. I believe a reboot might improve this game. I want everyone to have fun, myself (and believe it or not, CJ, you too) included.

I also think that I went too macho designing the environment. I didn't allow others inputs into designing the campaign. My apologies. I believe Lord Diggs has some very good ideas and I think all the determined players have some as well. It might be more enjoyable - and might even go faster - if we all work to design an alternate timeline.

And as for you, <b>red</b>...okay, but post just a tad more often, okay?

CaamasiJedi49
29 September 2005, 05:20 AM
Ok, now I understand. Thanks,

Caamasi Jedi49

Lord Diggori
29 September 2005, 10:12 AM
I've forgotten the great ideas I had (though I am known for them ;) ); can ya refresh me? Was it to speed the pacing up alot? Dont recall me suggesting anything about the setting really.

I HATE do-overs, restarts or re-boots. It completely flushes all the the work we've put into establishing our characters. I'm all for cutting the fat of uninvolved players, and in the future I'd recommend getting a letter of referral from other PBP DM's regarding prospective players (NOT kidding B) ).

Fortunately we're in the perfect spot for 'trimming' dead weight, if memory serves. Kill off the non-posters ... SERIOUSLY. The campaign isnt beyond salvaging if the players are focused like myself, Vice Man, CJ, and maybe Balmung.

Uron Teff
29 September 2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by SmugglerJedi
Okay, it looks like no one has posted. (I haven't received an email, anyways...)

Here is what I'm going to do. I understand now why it isn't working: we have 8 players, which is too many, and secondly, I didn't accept your input in creating this Infinities universe.

So, what is a harried GM to do? Simple!

REBOOT!

I'm narrowing the number of players down from 8 to 4-5. Lord Diggs, CJ49, and Vice Man are the most active, so I think they deserve slots right off the bat. Anyone else who really wants to play, please post in the OOC forum.

In this new "edition", I'm going to accept a great deal of input in creating this new universe. The only real guideline is that the Republic MUST NOT FALL in the Clone Wars.

Thank you for reading this. I'm sorry if I've aggravated anyone; I really have botched this up.

SJ.

According to this post SJ made I'd like to get in touch with you guys. I wonder what is all this about. Is there still a player spot open?

CaamasiJedi49
29 September 2005, 06:23 PM
We could possible take ideas from my book, The Rise of the Empire Infinites Sourcebook, which should be published in a little over a week. Maybe that will help us?

Caamasi Jedi49

DarthBalmung
30 September 2005, 04:12 PM
there is room I'm in I just can't post Wednesdays.

SmugglerJedi
1 October 2005, 03:41 AM
No Wednesday posting, fine by me, I understand. And I know reboots suck - but the deadweight is killing me. And I don't think it needs to be so bad as Diggs claims. The four he mentioned - plus maybe red, if he does receive more time - seem to be the core group. You guys get the top spots.

Can we continue with this storyline? Well, not to steal a line from a corny kid's show, but - Yes we can! I'll just have to cut the non-determined players and then forge ahead. But, that is your choice. GM's serve the players, not act like dictatorial a-holes.

DarthBalmung
1 October 2005, 11:03 AM
I don't care as long as I don't have to scrap my charachar completely backstory is fine.

SmugglerJedi
1 October 2005, 11:23 AM
Sure, keep your character. In fact, I kinda like the guy - just like Chaan, Suad, and Draisen Mildar. They're all good. It's not your end that screwed up (unless you never posted), I think it was more MY fault.

Lord Diggori
1 October 2005, 12:14 PM
Excellant. I wasnt gonna go all the way back to the beginning. I was mainly suggesting a way to dispose of these surplus non-posting PC's, a couple of lucky crits would do it nice :D

I'll stay posted.

SmugglerJedi
4 October 2005, 02:37 PM
Or I just perform some GM magic:

[Waves hands + players dissappear]

Ta-da!

Lord Diggori
4 October 2005, 11:35 PM
GM Magic is easier, but NPC kills preserve story coherence and maintains mood. ;)

Anyway, are we gonna post IC before Christmas?

SmugglerJedi
6 October 2005, 09:50 AM
Good point. But I don't think they'll care - let's just move on and ignore them. If they complain, well, it's their own fault.

So let me get it moving in a minute...Red, post, blast it!

SJ.

red5_5
6 October 2005, 12:26 PM
Alrighty! I didn't know what we were doing (i.e. starting over). I'll get a post up.

:)

SmugglerJedi
7 October 2005, 03:35 PM
No, we're going. And it looks good. I'll update sometime over the weekend.

SmugglerJedi
20 October 2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by DarthBalmung:
Genji looks for a place with cover so he can do some basic repairs.
(1+9=10 spot roll)
(1+19+20 attack roll)

Um, I'm not sure what you mean. You say you're making repairs, then you're attacking: can you be more specific in this case? Are you going to make repairs next turn?

SmugglerJedi
10 November 2005, 08:15 AM
Sorry guys, but I won't be able to post regularly for the next 2 weeks. I will attempt to get on, but don't expect a lot.

Sorry again. SJ.

SmugglerJedi
15 December 2005, 11:25 AM
Okay, I've been back for awhile. Where are YOU guys? :?