PDA

View Full Version : IC: Star Wars: Dark Republic

SmugglerJedi
4 June 2005, 07:30 AM
<center>"A long time ago, in a galaxy, far, far away..." </center>

<center><font size="+3">STAR WARS
DARK REPUBLIC</font></center>

Peace! The CLONE WARS are over. Palpatine made his move against the Jedi and attempted to take over the Republic. He failed, and he is now in prison on a lonely penal colony in the UNKNOWN REGIONS, watched over by the Jedi.

The REPUBLIC is in distress. The economy has been deveastated by both the Clone Wars and The Palpatine Affair. Millions are unemployed. Several corporations have folded. Trade is conducted haphazardly, always disrupted by pirates and thugs. The Republic has loosened all of its economic regulations in a desperate attempt to inject new life into the galactic economy.

The JEDI COUNCIL has retreated to the distant DANTOOINE system to mediate on recent events, hoping to use the peace and quiet to rebuild the JEDI ORDER and strengthen the Republic. Meanwhile, Jedi Knights comb the galaxy for new recruits and allies against the darkness, dispensing justice and bringing peace and hope to a galaxy based largely on suffering and despair.

The Republic has rebuilt its new military force, not with clones, but with ordinary men, women, and other genders, drawn into a new REPUBLIC DEFENSE FORCE. The RDF assists the Jedi in protecting the galaxy from any threat, large or small, but even they are liable to be corrupted and are not trusted by everyone in the galaxy.

Meanwhile, the Republic has sent out hundreds of diplomatic missions to encourage nonaligned worlds to rejoin the Republic. Some are successful, others are not. One mission has just returned from the deveastated OUTER RIM...

[CORUSCANT SYSTEM, CORUSCANT]

The vastness of deep space is like a blanket, spreading out to infinity. And from that vast plain a starship emerges. A Republic cruiser, painted in the bright red of the Republic Diplomatic Service, shoots by the camera and flies headlong towards Coruscant. Or, more accurately, towards a space station in orbit of Coruscant.

The space station is one large cylinder with four small pylons connecting it to four rectangles – cavernous hanger bays. The cruiser races towards the station, exhilerated to finally be home after months of tedious and ultimately fruitless negotiations.

[DOCKING OFFICER]: Welcome home, Valor 2. You are cleared for docking in hanger bay Beta.

[DROID PILOT]: Affirmative.

The cruiser drops its rapid speed and slowly enters the hanger bay, allowing its landing gear ample time to fully extend. Repuslorjets fire blue lightning as the cruiser lands in the middle of the hanger, a majestic sight to the pair of security officers who watch it come in.

For several minutes the cruiser stands still. Curious, the two guards walk up to the front of the ship. As they approach, the gangway extends. The camera focuses on the faces of the guards as their friendly faces soon turn to confusion and fear.

[GUARD]: What the-?

A mammoth explosion engulfs the cruiser and obliterates the two guards. The fireball reaches out and slams itself against the hanger walls, blowing the entire hanger into debris. As blast doors in the connecting pylon shut, it too is destroyed and holes open up in the side of the central cylinder where debris smash into the station’s hull. Where these holes open up to space, equipment, furniture, droids, and bodies can be seen sucked out into the dark expanse, cold as hell itself, and just as uncaring.

The station reels in orbit, slowly spinning from the destruction of Hanger Bay Beta. A huge hull plate flies away from the maelstrom and into a glass window on another pylon, smashing the bodies of shocked spectators and allowing many more to join their cold relatives before the blast doors slam shut.

[REPUBLIC HOLONET, HOLOSCREEN]

The scene soon turns slightly fuzzy, and words appear at the edge. The holoscreen recording is never as clear as real-life, but the female offscreen anchor seems to think it is.

[ANCHOR]: The destruction of the Republic Cruiser Valor 2 and Docking Station
V-11 has shocked the entire Republic. Republic Consul Ardramus Koyn was present aboard the cruiser after returning from an eight-month diplomatic mission to the Decimus Sector. In addition to the tragic loss of Consul Koyn, the death toll now rises to 138 individuals, with another 261 wounded yet alive. The Public Security Agency and the Republic Defense Force have both begun their separate investigations into the incident. Neither organization provided a spokesman yet to comment on the incident, though an employee for the Coruscant Space Control Department of Maintenance, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that many Republic starships have not recevied any proper maintenace for the past four years. He said it was probably an accident and one that could have been prevented had the Valor received a total overhaul.

The Jedi Order announced that they too will launch their own investigation, and Jedi Master Nel-Ran Whin said that they will identify the killer of Consul Koyn and prevent any other acts of terrorism with diligence and speed. Interim Chancellor Acnor gave a public euology of Koyn to the Senate just three hours ago and has placed a two week moratorium on all Senate proceedings.

[CORUSCANT, JEDI OFFICES, LOBBY]

You all stand (or sit on one of two benches) inside a lobby. The square, spartenly decorated room is just outside the office of your new supervisor, a man you all know as Juru Paladi, though his name is the current extent of your knowledge. One small door leads to the elevator that brought you down here; the other, larger door on the other side leads to Paladi’s office. As you sit and wait, you can hear two voices calmly debating a topic. One sounds oddly familiar though you cannot place it; the other is totally unknown.

As you wait, the doors to the elevator open, and out steps a young human, wearing a vest festooned with pockets and tools. It is not the man who attracts your attention, however - it is the fully automated, barely demilitarized B2 Baktoid Automation Super Battle Droid walking next to him. Before you can fully tense up, however, you also notice the two clone troopers, with blue stripes on their armor, pointing the business ends of two ion rifles at the droid, pushing it further and further into the lobby.

[OOC: At this point, I would like everyone to introduce yourselves, somehow. You don't need names - just a quick description of what you look like and what exactly you are doing in this scene. Remember, you can also do things before the guards walk in with their charge, just say that in your post.]

CaamasiJedi49
4 June 2005, 09:37 AM
Chaan Haalo leaned back against the wall as he saw the droid bullied along by the clones. "I t'll ya's", he mumbles, "this day is g'tting weirder and weirder. Just like that time on Jabiim, or maybe it was Muunilist." Resting next to him is Chaan's DC-15 rifle he "procured" from a clone, as well as the clones DC-17 pistol, which is not holstered to his side. Chaan is wearing a black, long sleeved shirt with back pants, black military boots, and a loose covering, long, black leather jacket[OCC:think like what the good guys wore in the Matrix].As the two clones filed past him he started to laugh and gave them a mocking two finger salute. "Enjoy robo b'bysitting boys," he said as he laughed.

Lord Diggori
4 June 2005, 02:44 PM
The bustling traffic of Coruscant streams amidst the august towers and domes in all dimensions like the glowing life blood of a colossal mechanical organsim. A slightly tall medium built figure stands dimly silhouetted against the grand scene beyond the window. Dressed in a gold printed brown blazer over loose tan slacks, the bronze skinned humanoid takes in the skyline with nimble gloved hands clasps behind his back.

The opening lift doors draw his attention, turning his right side to regard the entering party. Beneath thinly defined dark brows honey colored eyes framed the broad nose and full lips, pursing slightly at the sight of the war droid. Black wavy hair pulled tighly back in a braid reflects the lights of the city as the man steps forward for a better look. Smooth moccasins colored and printed like the blazer are silent in their casual steps.

"Enjoy robo b'bysitting boys," someone said with laughter. The well dressed visitor however does not believe this bodes well.

Vice Man
5 June 2005, 11:49 AM
In one corner sits a young man, dressed in what look like Jedi apperal but instead of the brown and tan colors most other Jedi wear, his slacks are an emerald green, his tunic a slightly lighter green, with a deep blue utility vest over it. A black utility belt and black boots complete the outfit.

As the Elevator doors open he looks over and looks at each of the occupants carefully, esspcially the super battle droid. His emerald green eyes studing it carefully. He absent mindedly combs one hand through his jet black hair. His golden taned skin provide a contrast to his hair.

"Enjoy robo b'bysitting boys,"

He takes in and lets out a deep breathe as The green and blue R2 unit next to him beeps softly. He reaches over and pats the droid " Its ok Jade, there is nothing to worry about" Although he is thinking that something really wrong could happen.

Oh well he thinkinks to himself, I am here, no turning back now.

Master_thorin
5 June 2005, 04:24 PM
A man of about average size stands in one corner he wears the standard uniform of a jedi knight (the gui like component) and emerald green robes that to any other Jedi clearly mark him as native of Corellia. His red hair is cropped close to his head on the sides and in a ragged moppy cut on the top it is designed to look messy but still well manicured. The braid of a padawan lays casually down to his shoulder on the right side.

He watches as the battle droid is led into the room by the two ARC Troopers. He nods to them in the appreciative manner of someone who has seen thier kind in action. As the droid passes he touches the left side of his chest grimacing slightly.

DarthBalmung
6 June 2005, 11:50 AM
Ignore this post.

CaamasiJedi49
6 June 2005, 02:41 PM
Chaan looked around and noticed the others in the room. Quickly looking to the left, then the right, Chaan started to panic. "Oh god," he whispered, "who the f--- are these people. Please god, don't be another sting operation, I don't want to get locked up again. That prison on Brentaal IV was horrible, or maybe it was Ovoo IV?"

Chaan quickly grabbed his rifle and rested it in his arms. He then got up from the wall and turned and stared impatently at the door. "Come on, come on, hurry up you chatter boxes!," he said quietly.

Master_thorin
6 June 2005, 03:32 PM
Aarek notices the man start to mumble and move frantically in a worried fashion He looks at the man and raises his right eye brow, he steps away from the wall and moves towards the man with the practiced grace and ease of a seasoned combatant. Aarek holds his hands out to his sides palms facing the man. Aarek then speaks in a calm easy voice "Relax friend, I am sure they have ample reason for taking this long. Patience is a virtue that you would be wise to embrace in this situation," he smiles and holds his right hand out to Chaan "Aarek Marill, Padawan learner."

CaamasiJedi49
6 June 2005, 03:42 PM
Chaan stares at the jedi for a long moment, then meets his hand. "Chaan Haalo, Kel Dor and pirate/merc/ex-CLone Wars vet. And I have every reason to be worried. These day and age, you can't understand what kind of c--- will go down. One day your sleeping all peacefully, the next, BAM, your blown six ways to Dorin. And the last thing I want to have happen to me is get blow the f--- up. I got a greater goal to work towards." Chaan is flailing one of his free arms as he said this.

Vice Man
6 June 2005, 04:05 PM
As the guy who made the coment on babysitting starts acting strangely, he shifts his position slightly, then gets up and streches. This series of movements shows two things. First it shows the braid which marks him as a padawan learner, and as he stands up and streches his lightsaber becomes clearly visible, along with a small looking blaster pistol. also his utility vest and utility belt look to have at least some items in them.

After he streches he takes in the room then moves teh chair as he leans against the wall near his droid

"Well I for one hope they do something soon" He whispers under his breathe. Afterwards he takes a deep breathe and lets it out slowly, relaxing as the breathe goes out.

He still hoped they would hurry up though

Master_thorin
6 June 2005, 04:29 PM
Aarek shakes his head "I have never known a time when I was forced to wait that I did not come back better for it, simply wait and soon the door will open and the reason for our wait will be made clear." Aarek shrugs his shoulders and then sits down on the bench

Lord Diggori
6 June 2005, 04:43 PM
The amber eyed man glances at the nervous Kel-Dor, polite Jedi, and tense learner in turn, reading each that quick. None warranted concern.

As his gaze returns to the troopers and their charges he casually strolls along the large curved window towards the lift. Perhaps when they enter the chamber he'll get a hint as to what's stirring the situation.

SmugglerJedi
6 June 2005, 04:50 PM
As you talk amongst yourselves, the talking inside the office dies down. After a moment or two of silence, the door splits into two and opens, revealing an unmistakable Jedi Master who is about to leave. Jedi Master Mace Windu looks a bit haggard (which is surprising, since he’s bald) yet also full of energy, a paradox that not even Master Yoda fully understands. He first nods courtesouly to you all, smiles at the Jedi, and then walks into the elevator and leaves.

As you stand there, a tall man, sitting at a desk inside the office, wearing a blue tunic and having a yellow-bronze strip of cloth over his eyes, beckons you inside. “Ah, you’re here already, great!” he says excitedly. “Come in, come in! We have much to discuss! Too bad I don’t have any time to do it!”

SmugglerJedi
6 June 2005, 04:58 PM
[OOC: What the hell, I just throw this in here.]

As you prepare to enter the office, the two ARC troopers rudely shove the droid - and its human companion - into the office, without a word. They continue to push the two until they're about six feet from the desk (and four feet inside the room.) They continue to level their blasters at the droid, their masks concealing any thoughts they might have.

Master_thorin
6 June 2005, 05:01 PM
Aarek bows as Master Windu comes through to acknowledge the Council Member, he will then straighten and walk through the door as the man calls them in. He will scan the room for potential exits and make mental note of them, he will also be sure to put himself in a posistion where he is capable of stopping the Battle Droid if it goes rogue without appearing insulting to the man. He will then bow to the man behind thr desk and introduce himself "Greetings, I am Aarek Marill Padawan learner to Master Yetal Doneeta, you are Juru Paladi I presume?"

Lord Diggori
6 June 2005, 05:16 PM
The older Jedi drew the visitor's attention, an odd combination of mood. The human looked familiar, but he couldn't quite place him. Master Kenobi perhaps?

“Ah, you’re here already, great!” an azure garbed man says excitedly. “Come in, come in! We have much to discuss! Too bad I don’t have any time to do it!”

The sophisticant glances once more towards the lift as the doors close behind the master before proceeding to enter the office. The troopers are given a wide berth. He began to wonder at the official's blind fold, a nice color complement to the tunic but not very utilitarian.

CaamasiJedi49
6 June 2005, 07:05 PM
Chaan jumped back in fear when he saw Master Windu leave the room. He whispered, "Holy c---," or something along those lines, its too unintelligible to understand. Seeing the guy inside the office, though, calmed Chaans nerves. Ah, finally, my pay master arrives. Chaan is about to enter when he sees the clones bullying the droid and the human. As he is walking in, Chaan yell's out, "Go pick on someone your own size clones!" Before they notice who said that, he ran into the office.

max ordo
6 June 2005, 11:16 PM
Standing quietly in a corner first watching the armored warriors bring in the large metal-man and then seeing the doors opposite him swoosh and a imposing figure a Jedi leaving the room to be repolaced by another man who invites them all in

“Come in, come in! We have much to discuss! Too bad I don’t have any time to do it!”

Janos comes forward since he did volunteer to be here but was starting to wonder if he had made the right choice. I should have never left Qiilura he thinks to himself but then remembers why he was here. That Jedi who came to his world during this Republic Civil War said he could sense the Force in Janos and invited him to the Capitol to possibly explore and expand his powers and knowledge.

OOC:Hey sorry it took so long. My landlord decided to sell our house and I had to do an emergeny move. will post more frequently from this point forward.

Vice Man
6 June 2005, 11:31 PM
He smiles at the other padawan learner. Knowing he is right, but he can't shake this tense feeling he has had the past couple of days. Another in and out slow breathe as he tries to relax a little more.

As the door opens and Master Windu comes out, he does a respectfull part bow before the Jedi Master leaves. Then the voice of the stranger comes out of the doorway.

“Ah, you’re here already, great!” he says excitedly. “Come in, come in! We have much to discuss! Too bad I don’t have any time to do it!”

He pats his droids dome "Come on Jade lets find out what we are all here for"

The droid beeps at him softly then extends his third leg and follows his master in, finding an unobtrusive corner to get into while his master gives the Super Battle Droid and company a wide berth but still beside them. If the droid does anything it will take time, time he will have to move and take any nessessary actions should the need arise.

SmugglerJedi
7 June 2005, 01:34 PM
As you all enter, the doors close, with the ARC troopers with the technician and droid still inside. The man behind the desk nods to Aarek Marill. "Yes, I would happen to be Juru Paladi. Master Doneeta has spoken very highly of you, Marill. I hope you live up to his praise."

He then turns to the ARC troopers. "You may leave," he says simply.

The two troopers are confused. The look between each other and then back towards Paladi. "But sir,", one says in their exotic accent, "This droid is exceptionally dangerous. We're not sure if we were able to eliminate all of its dangerous programming."

"You weren't supposed to remove any of its programming. You were supposed to leave it as is." The troopers still don't move however, still confused. Annoyed, Paladi glares - as much as he can - at the troopers, and raises his hands to indicate the Jedi. "That's what they're here for. Now shoo!" As he makes a brushing motion with the hands, the two troopers finally depart, disgusted yet keeping their guns on the droid as they retreat.

When they leave, Juru finally breathes a sigh of relief. "Thank the Force. I can't stand clones; the Kaminoans said that they bred them to accept all orders, which is total bantha, as you can see. I don't know why we keep those guys still around with the Jedi here at the Temple."

He sighs again, but this one isn't of relief. "Well, onto business. No doubt you've heard of the explosion yesterday, correct? I'm also hoping that you heard the Jedi Council on Coruscant is ordering a full investigation. Well, if you don't know already, you're the investigation team."

"You have all been chosen because of your skills and your integrity, as dubious as it seems in some cases. The death of Consul Koyn has troubled everyone, and the masters here on Coruscant believe it is a omen of darker times to come. Ha, they and their omens. *Ahem* Anyways, the Internal Security Bureau has already detained a subject. His name is Arach Ruyne, a sensor operator on the station that was attacked. He is currently being held onboard the prison cruiser Uthgar, awaiting interrogation by you. You all have a usefulness for the team, as the Jedi Council would not pick you if you weren't. Some of you already know each other, and no doubt you've heard of this technician. He was arrested by the Republic previously for treason, but we've decided to give him another chance. Some of you may also know the pirate in this room, but maybe you don't, since I'm not sure if you received access to the Jedi intelligence files. But nonetheless, you must all work together to get to the bottom of this problem and unravel the threat that may pose the Republic. This may all be an unfortunate accident, or it may be an attack against the very existence of the Republic, which has contradicted all laws of the universe and has stayed alive throughout this turbulent period. You are in a position of great importance. Do not forget your responsibility to the Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic."

And after this tirade, he asks, "Now, any questions?"

Master_thorin
7 June 2005, 02:08 PM
Aarek nods at the comment from Juru Paladi "I have not been taught to dissapoint sir." As the clones leave he nods in appreciation "Thank you for your assistance Troopers, I will be sure to note your continued service and excellence in my report." He looks at Paladi, and arches an eyebrow. "Sir, we have not all been properly aquainted so I suggest we do so." He turns and looks at the group "As I have said before I am Aarek Marill, Padawan learner to Master Doneeta." He looks at the others clearly expecting them to respond with thier own introductions.

Lord Diggori
7 June 2005, 04:06 PM
The blazer bedecked man glances at the battle droid uncertainly. The Jedi had conscientiously moved to cover the war machine. Still, he subtley nudged the concealed pistol forward a little with the inside of his left bicep.

He quietly listens to Paladi's comments on clones but perks up when the official gets down to business. "I'm also hoping that you heard the Jedi Council on Coruscant is ordering a full investigation. Well, if you don't know already, you're the investigation team."

Dark features wince with confusion. His mouth opens to speak but closes to listen further: Death of Koyn...Ruyne awaiting interrogation...all have usefulness...treasonous tech?...pirate? What was the Republic coming to?

"Now, any questions?"

Before he could speak, a padawan spoke up, "As I have said before I am Aarek Marill, Padawan learner to Master Doneeta."

The visitor nods politely in response, "Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi." He hikes up his tan slacks and takes a seat across the corner of the official's desk. "I'm Nexelio Suad, Agent of the Jedi Council...as of now...maybe." Nex smiles jovially.

He turns to Paladi, reassuming a professional air. "Questions? Oh yes.

"Will I have to wear the braid? If yes, that's a deal-breaker.

"What is our operational budget?

"Under what legal parameters are we allowed operate?"

Suad taps his goateed chin with a gloved finger, then recalls the last question. "Ah yes, why are we to trust a known traitor and pirate in our midst? I'm sure the Jedi can handle them but why distract their energies?"

(OOC: Todd - T + Sw = Suad)

DarthBalmung
7 June 2005, 04:33 PM
Traitor is such a harsh word, I only went to where I was most useful. Besides, the Republic has given me a secend chance, one that I don't plan to waste." Genji replied. "You might find me useful."
"I'm Genji, computer specialist/droid proggamer."

CaamasiJedi49
7 June 2005, 04:46 PM
"*Ahem* While these goody goody guys are all up for doing right away, I want answers. 1) How are we going to be getting to this guy sicne hes on a prison ship 2) Who are you, I mean what position in the Republic, and 3)How much will we be compensated for our 'services'?," asked Chaan. "And," Chann added, "I'm not a pirate, I'm an oppertunist mind you."

Master_thorin
7 June 2005, 04:58 PM
Looks at Nex and Chuckles at the Mention of the Padawan Braid, "Mr Suad, I am confident you will not be asked to wear the braid of a padawan learner as you are not a padawan learner, and why take the 'Oppurtunist'" he states this with a bit of spite, "and a traitor," his mood seems to change as his voice lowers and he becomes less pleasant "Because in the event of a double cross I will incapacitate them." He then looks at Nex and smiles pleasantly

CaamasiJedi49
7 June 2005, 05:09 PM
"Whoa there buddy, no need to be go killing anybody. I'm with the Republic man." Chaan then whispers, "Sweet son of a monkey, what crawled up this guys a--. He's angrier then that Hutt I fought." While waiting for his answer from Paladi, Chaan took a good look at the office they were in.

Lord Diggori
7 June 2005, 05:31 PM
The near-human smiled at Jedi simplicity and bravery. He'd think the 'miligram of prevention being worth a kilogram of cure' would be part of the Temple's curriculum.

"Ofcourse you could...Learner Marill, but why not keep them safe in their cells instead?"

Suad turned to Palaldi, this time gesturing to Chaan, "I'll give you the pirate. Keep his pockets lined and loyalty follows. But the tech, with his pet Seperatist battledroid?"

Nex's eyes glaze over as he looks far away. His goved hand slowly passes in front of the official. "That is not a good idea."

CaamasiJedi49
7 June 2005, 05:49 PM
Pointing to Suad, Chaan said, "Hey, I'm starting to like this guy!"

Vice Man
8 June 2005, 12:01 AM
He turns and looks at Aarek and the rest of the group. After everyone else speaks he says " I am Draisen Mildar Padawan Learner to Mistress Fresen." Suddenenly he then turns to their host.

"Who are you anyways?

Suddenly this whole sittuation stank. Something felt very wrong and he did not like it. He would have to start makeing contigency plans, otherwise this whole group may be down the toliet real fast. He took in another slow breathe. It was going to be one of the weeks.

SmugglerJedi
8 June 2005, 09:13 AM
Juru Paladi puts up his hands. "Whoa, easy everyone. The ex-felon and the 'opportunist' are here because they have skills you will need. The battle droid is under perfect control. And man, you seriously ask a lot of questions!"

"As for getting to Ruyne, a transport provided by the Republic is awaiting you down in Hanger Bay C-17, which will take you to the prison cruiser. He is under guard by both ISB and RDF troops, so you'll find he will be going nowhere. Meanwhile, the ISB is conducting, what should I say, 'preliminary' interrogations."

"As for me, I'm just an administrative official for the Jedi Order. I've been working with the Order's bureaucracy - sad but true, it's a bureaucracy - since before the Clone Wars ever became an issue. Since then I've been bounced around the entire galaxy, working on this, doing that - but you're not here to hear my life story now, are you? Let's just say that I will be your 'handler', your information officer. I will also be giving you your 'compensations' for providing the Republic a great service. Right now I am not at liberty to discuss your rewards, since the Council is deciding what you shall receive, not I. But rest assured, you shall be adequately rewarded for your service to the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order."

"As for budget and parameters - Suad, I like you. You'll fit in well here. You have a budget of 15,000 credits, though most costs will be taken care of ahead of time unless something unexpected crops up. And for parameters, well, just don't kill anyone right now, okay? The Republic is quite touchy, and we don't want to frighten the public even more - though I doubt how that can be possible. And don't go violating the basic rights underneath the Republic Constitution. Otherwise, investigate ahead. Find all leads. Shoot a droid - but not that one. Just no bodies. They smell horrible and the staff gets quite upset with cleaning up after you."

As he leans back in his chair, he adds, "And please, work together instead of arguing. That gets nothing done."

[OOC: Slow down, people! You post too much! :D ]

CaamasiJedi49
8 June 2005, 09:49 AM
Chaan shrugged, "Sounds good. I just hope those mystic monks don't try to jip me for a job well done. I promise I will do my job well. So, lets get going guys, because I need me credits."

Master_thorin
8 June 2005, 10:45 AM
Aarek bows to Juru "I must agree with the 'oppurtunist' the sooner we start the sooner we finish." Aarek spins on his heel and heads towards the door.

Lord Diggori
8 June 2005, 11:21 AM
[OOC: Come on SJ. You get hours to decide what a table top GM has to in seconds. Keep up man! B) ]

The free agent wasnt surprised the mind trick didnt work, but it was worth a try. His levity hadnt done much but get Paladi to focus on him. Chaan was of little concern, his vulnerability to simple oxygen and single-minded motivation rendered him safe.

Nexelio read the official's signs. The pattern of his words, breathing rythm, placement of his fingers, and pupil dialation said he was firm on the traitor. Typical really. The man would rather get this felon to work for free than pay an equally qualified clean technician. Lanz had warned him about these government types. Even a Hutt wouldn't hire a known betrayer, especially one foolish enough to get caught.

Still, it meant more credits for him. Whatever pay the Council decided would go mostly to himself and Chaan he figured. Genji the Tech was on work release and Jedi usually worked for peanuts, vow of poverty or some such.

He nodded a greeting to the tense Padawan Mildar as he stood from his seat, straightening his blazer.

"...Agreeable. Being somewhat of a...procurement specialist, I can take the 15K chit. You might want to draft up some credentials for us as well." Sporting valid documentation would be odd at first.

"By the by, which is the lead investigator? Padawan Marill or Mildar?"

SmugglerJedi
8 June 2005, 02:55 PM
[OOC: Ah, yes, but I can't get to this site everyday! I'm very busy!]

"You pick who is in charge," Paladi says. "I may give you the jobs and the information, but you make the decisions about, shall I say, internal affairs. And you can go whenever you feel ready; I'll make sure someone will show you where the hanger is."

[OOC: Oh, and he doesn't have eyes, Diggs. ;) ]

Lord Diggori
8 June 2005, 04:30 PM
[OOC: A miraluka, nice choice. Thought it was a blind fold, then a headband. I see I was right...kinda]

"Credentials. Credit chit." he reminds the official on his way out.

Outside the office, Nex unfastens his blazer to reveal the silken citron tunic and grip of a shoulder holstered pistol. If any of the others were surprised the holster straps matched the blazer they hid it well.

"Right, which of you interns want to skipper this? I'm just a business man trying to make his way in the universe, you Jedi are weened on criminal investigation, yeah?"

CaamasiJedi49
8 June 2005, 04:35 PM
Chaan followed Nex outside, but was visibly upset for a Kel Dor. "Hey," exclaimed Chaan, "what are the rest of us, a slimy Hutt!? Why can't I be trusted?!"

Lord Diggori
8 June 2005, 04:56 PM
"This is a Council gig. These two know their preferences very well I'm sure." Suad smirked at the two learners.

His amber eyes cooly appraised the jumpy Kel-Dor. "You really want to take the helm, Chaan?"

CaamasiJedi49
8 June 2005, 05:50 PM
"Ah, good point. But, um, can I hold the money," asked Chaan shyly.

Master_thorin
8 June 2005, 07:18 PM
Aarek looks at the assembled group and once again arches his eyebrow, "If there is no issue, I will take lead on this investigation." He then looks at Chaan and smiles "I have a feeling that our money is in better hands with Mr. Suad."

Vice Man
8 June 2005, 08:12 PM
Draisen Shrugged "Works for me, i am here if you need any help" Draisen nodded once at Arreks statement about Mr. Suad hold the money, then turned to his droid come on Jade let's inspect this ship they have allowed us to use, who knows what they gave us". With that both Draisen and Jade the R2 unit walk out to the lobby they just came from.

Lord Diggori
8 June 2005, 08:29 PM
"I have a feeling that our money is in better hands with Mr. Suad."

Nex nods, "The leader has spoken!

"Heed the wisdom of the Jedi." He wags a scolding finger at Chaan while proceeding towards the lift.

CaamasiJedi49
9 June 2005, 07:06 AM
"Bah," said Chaan. In a lower, mocking voice he said, "heed the wisdom of the Jedi, bah, what do they know, their just learners." In a normal voice he says, "Whatever, lets get moving. Im itching to get this job over with. It looks like a blue milk run. Then again, the same was said about that battle I can't remember the name of. Damn, I hate when I forget that."

SmugglerJedi
9 June 2005, 08:59 AM
[OOC: Just to let everyone know, after this post, we will have a short, 3-day pause to let red5_5 catch up, since I don't think he posted yet. red5_5, post! And where is OMSN? I think I'll just drop him.]

As the party leaves Paladi's office, he stares after them. "So that's how they say 'goodbye' nowadays," he mutters, the slowly turns back to his other work.

Out in the lobby the two ARC troopers remain, clearly dissatissfied with Paladi, as well as a silver 3PO unit. The 3PO gestures to the group and says, "Hello, masters. This way please." It then walks back into the elevator and stands by the control console as the ARC troopers pile in the back.

[OOC: red5_5 first!]

red5_5
9 June 2005, 02:44 PM
Astarii Ginn, a human male Jedi Padawan, stands at the back of the group and scans the scene with his dark blue eyes. I’d rather be back at the Temple in the simulators, but Master Visputin said this mission would be a good experience for me. Astarii is a very inexperienced Jedi and it shows in his discomfort. He fidgets with his hands and runs his hand through his short hair. I hope everyone else knows what’s going on. I’ll just follow along until someone needs me.

Gathering his robes, Astarii follows the group into the lobby. Let’s get this show on the road. Craming onto the elevator, Astarii briefly stares at the ARC troopers. I wonder why they’re coming with us. Glaning around at the others, Astarii nods at his fellow Jedi in greeting.

[OOC: Sorry for the delay everybody! I based Astarii off a picture I found on SWAG. PICTURE (http://www.swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1289&screen=72&action=search&selectcat=guy&date=&type=search) ]

Master_thorin
9 June 2005, 04:09 PM
Aarek turns and looks at the protocol droid "lead the way then." As the droid begins moving he wiill follow itmoving with his standard easy gait and classic grace.

CaamasiJedi49
10 June 2005, 06:04 AM
"Fine silver rod, but you better not lead me into a trap like on Boz Pity. That mission sucked like a monkey on fire." Chaan followed the 3PO droid into the elevator. Noticing the two clones behind him, he mutters, "ah c---." He then quickly follows out loud with, "Cozy, eh everyone?"

max ordo
11 June 2005, 08:26 PM
Listening to the others banter Janos sits back quietly observing them all. This ought to be quite an interesting job. I wonder if whoever put this team together just threw some names in a hat and pulled them at random.. When everyone apparently is ready to leave Janos slips out with them following behind the Clone Troopers.

DarthBalmung
12 June 2005, 09:15 AM
Genji mutters under his reath a je follows the rest of them.
"Come on Spark." Lets get this over with so I can get away from these paranoid B-----.

SmugglerJedi
12 June 2005, 11:01 AM
[OOC: Sorry for the wait. Weekend vacation.]

The elevator eventually slows down and then stops, opening onto a brilliant hallway, or what was meant to resemble as such. The hall has seen better years, and is the most part empty. The exception is a pair of Jedi Masters - one a Kel Dor, the other a Zabrak - quietly debating some element of Jedi policy in an alcove. But except for those two, the hallway is empty.

The 3PO leads you out of the elevator and walks in that silly, abbreviated fashion of protocol droids, down past several pillars, to the next right (avoiding the Jedi Masters) and down a much smaller hallway. After a few minutes of walking, the droid opens a door on the side that leads into a hanger bay looking out on the cityscape of Coruscant.

If the hallway had better years, the hanger bay has had its too, but they were much longer ago. Several starships in varying states of disrepair lay around as a veritable army of Ugnaughts, repair droids, and starship technicians - few sensitive to the Force - attempt to fix a handful of airspeeders and shuttlecraft. The floor is covered in grease and broken parts, and there is no air freshener in sight to cover up the smell of oil, sweat, and old machinery. The hanger is very noisy, as the technicians make little or no effort to mask the sounds of their work or stop yelling across the hanger to ask a mundane question, and the air feels hot and close. Spare parts, tools, droids, and small repulsorcraft that shuttle the technicians around the hanger litter the area in a chaotic, nonsensical fashion, but the technicians seem to know exactly where everything is.

The open hanger door looks out over a semi-pristine picture of Coruscant - semi in the fact that several buildings have been damaged by the Palpatine Affair, with the sides scraped, black burn marks only now being covered up, and chunks still missing from the buildings in the distance. Still, most of them look as fine and elegant as ever, including the one just across the airway where janitors are fixing a broken holoscreen and cleaning up after an airspeeder accident.

In front of the door lies a single starship that does not look as if its in any disrepair at all - a immaculate CEC Republic Cruiser painted in red with brown strips along its sides, stripes which indicate the ship belongs to the Jedi Order, not the Republic Senate. As you look up the main ramp, you see inside a Bothan dressed in a tunic standing, waiting for you. The 3PO stands over to the side and gestures you to walk up the ramp, while the ARC troopers take places to either side of the ramp, waiting for you to embark.

[OOC: And cue in OMSN...and please, cut out that language! This is Star Wars, people, even if it is Infinities!]

CaamasiJedi49
12 June 2005, 03:57 PM
Chaan noticed the Bothan with silverod by the ship. I hope he's one of those friendly, non-backstabbing Bothans. Met enough of those out on Vergesso's Asteroid......or maybe it was Kothlis? Chaan shrugged, either way, he will get whats coming to him if he messes with us, uh, I mean me. "Come everyone, lets get the hell out of here, I'm starting to become civilized on this planet," said Chaan running up the ramp.

Vice Man
12 June 2005, 09:01 PM
Draisen walks into the hanger bay and stops cold. Something deffinatly did not add up. An Immaculate CEC Republic Cruiser in a hanger bay like this? Draisen could understand the need for secrecy but this? well he would still check out this cruiser, he trusted the jedi masters but things could go wrong in a hurry.

"Come on Jade lets do this thing, and get what you can of the outside and tell me if anything looks suspicious. lets get on board"

He spots the Bothan and as he approaches he says "Hello, my name is Draisen Mildar and you would be?"

Lord Diggori
12 June 2005, 10:29 PM
Nex completely disrobes the blazer for the stuffy bay, casually draping the jacket over his right forearm. Hopefully the musty dank would clean out of his clothes. He carefully picks out a path between the lakes of grease on the deck. The moccasins he wore were worth a year's salary of one of these gearheads.

The clean lines of the Republic cruiser were a welcome sight. The Bothan...he couldnt tell yet. Suad stops at the foot of a ramp and is about to speak when Mildar finds his voice.

"Hello, my name is Draisen Mildar and you would be?"

Precise and to the point like a warrior. Nexelio wondered what reply would come. Given Paladi's taste it could be bounty hunter, ship-jacker, remoresful assasin, or ex- Sith Lord.

Master_thorin
13 June 2005, 10:41 AM
Aarek walks in with the rest of the group as they enter the hanger he shifts his hands behind his back, he wraps his right hand around his lightsaber nd walks towards the ship, He nods at the Arc Troopers as he starts up the ramp.

red5_5
15 June 2005, 03:26 PM
Astarri walks into the hangar and glances around. Now this is what I like. He observes the techs as they work, longing to get into the cockpit of a starfighter. It's been a while since I got to practice in the Temple simulators. Astarri follows the group as they board the cruiser.

Vice Man
15 June 2005, 09:58 PM
While his masterwalks up to the cruiser from the hall and then stoping at the base of the boarding ramp to talk to the bothan, Jade makes a Zig-Zag appraoch to the republic cruiser, all his sensors bringing in data and that data being analyzed against his knowledge of space transports and of the republic cruiser in general, while this only covers the bottom and most the sides its the most likely place for something be attached to the outer hull, when he got inside he would do the same their as well...

(OCC: Spot check with his space transports skill, and his improved senors,telescopic, and low light enhancements where needed, also anything suspicious will be further checked by comparing it to his disable device database)

SmugglerJedi
16 June 2005, 08:25 AM
When Draisen Mildar talks to the Bothan, the furry alien replies in a clipped voice, "My name is Koth Melan. I'm a data analyst with Bothan Intelligence, sent here to coordinate Bothan-Republic intelligence." He turns to the other person standing in the small room. "And this is O'Deel, special agent of the Jedi Council on Coruscant." As he says this, his voice carries a tiny pinch of scorn. "He is here to...assist in our investigation. Once you are ready, I will have the pilot take off." And with that, Koth walks up to the cockpit and leaves the party alone with O'Deel, a Twilek dressed in Padawan robes.

[COCKPIT, REPUBLIC CRUISER]
Koth walks in and taps the Duros copilot on the shoulder.
"You were right, Kuun - they have another damn Jedi with them."
"I told you so," the Duros said as he turned back to his instruments.
The pilot added, "We'll be ready to take off in a minute. Hey, are those ARC troopers?"
"What about them?"
"Never seen one before."
Koth snorted. "Don't get excited. This is just another example of the Republic getting jumpy over absolutely nothing. Just make sure we're ready to takeoff while I see to our passengers."

[OOC: ???]

CaamasiJedi49
16 June 2005, 09:42 AM
Chaan took a seat within the ship. Not bad, I could get used to this. He looks around for a moment. I wonder if they got anything worth stealing? Chaan took another good look around as he relax's' in the seat.

[OCC: I guess thats a spot check]

Vice Man
16 June 2005, 10:01 AM
Draisen listens intently sensing something in the tone that is not entirely happy but when the Bothan leaves Draisen shifts his attention to the Twi-lek Jedi Padawan O-Deel

"Nice to meet you O'Deel, my name is Draisen Mildar Jedi Padawan to Mistress Fresen, shall we talk on board?" he stops then remembers something

"Come on Jade let's get on board" The droid takes one final scan of the ships and wheels his way up the ramp.

(OOC: Yes thats what I ment I guess i exchanged an O for a C. In any case The R2 droid Will basically scan the republic cruiser with his sensors and compare everything scaned to his space transports database or if it is not in his database he will compare it to what he downlaods off the ships computer once inside. If anything looks suspicous he will speak up and tell Draisen and if it warrants he will try to get Draisen alone first. Let me know if you have any questions)

Lord Diggori
16 June 2005, 11:30 AM
Suad looked over the Bothan, sadly unsurprised by the being's questionable allegiance.This was becoming a running theme. He starts to say something, but instead brusquely passes the two with only the slightest nod to the Twi'lek.

Once in the passenger cabin, Nex dials the environ panel to 5 degrees cooler. He immediately reclines into a burgundy virvel chair, his only apparent intent: relaxation.

DarthBalmung
16 June 2005, 05:26 PM
Genji sits down pulls out his datapad. He immerses himself with Spark being a bodyguard.

Kethar
16 June 2005, 07:56 PM
"Nice to meet you O'Deel, my name is Draisen Mildar Jedi Padawan to Mistress Fresen, shall we talk on board?"

O'Deel nodded in agreement. "Nice to meet you Draisen Mildar. We shall talk on board if that is what you wish." He said, and nodded once again. He took an uneasy step forward, he didn't really know the group, nor trust them that well. He took a deep breath and walked up the ramp leading into the ship.

Master_thorin
16 June 2005, 08:58 PM
Aarek acknowledges the new arrivals and give a short bow "I am Aarek Marill Padawan learner to Master Doneeta" He looks into the ship, "I suggest we take a seat and get off planet." With that he moves into the vessel releasing the lightsaber holstered on his back.

Kethar
16 June 2005, 09:17 PM
"I am Aarek Marill Padawan learner to Master Doneeta"

Kethar smiled to Aarek. "I am pretty sure you know who I am after that brief intro. But just to make sure, I am O'Deel Foreeta. Jedi Padawan." He says, taking a seat inside the ship.

CaamasiJedi49
17 June 2005, 07:42 AM
Chaan just nods at the Twi'lek, who seemingly just appeared out of thin air. "Names Chaan, Chaan Haalo. Ah, I know we just met, but, you wouldn't happen to have some Yum-yum's on the ship now would you? I'm guessing this trip will probably take some time, and these guys are, well, too law abiding for my taste. They aren't the kind of people I would relax next to, if you catch my drift," said Chaan o' so politely.

red5_5
17 June 2005, 07:58 AM
From Smuggler Jedi:

So, just as Astarri walks up the ramp, the pair of ARC troopers take a step foward and one asks, "Sir, will you be needing us on this mission?". The other follows with a nod of the head.

Astarri looks up at the ARC trooper, slightly confused. Wouldn't someone higher up have control over where they go? "Well, I guess if you're not doing anything, then you two can come with us." Glancing at the others, Astarri adds, "I don't know if you guy's will be welcome, so you'd better stay close to me."

Turning away from the troopers, Astarri walks up the ramp, "Follow me." Astarri leads the troopers into the ship and finds a seat for them all. Sitting down, Astarri attempts to initiate conversation, "So, what did you guys say your names were?"

SmugglerJedi
17 June 2005, 01:09 PM
"Everyone ready for takeoff?" Koth asks as he reenters the room. "Pilots say control has given us launch clearance." He looks around and verifies that everyone is onboard. "Looks like's everyone is here. Kuun, get us to space!"

At that point, the ramp lifts up and with a cheer the engines blaze. The technicians in the hanger bay duck behind ships and machinery so they aren't flown around like toys by the engine thrust, and the Republic Cruiser lifts off, makes a smart 180 degree turn, and then throws itself out of the hanger like a bird eager to take wing.

The cruiser does not obey normal traffic protocols and shoots straight up into the sky, leaving the grey, jagged surface of Coruscant's megacity behind as it flies softly up into the atmosphere and then into space.

"As the Bothan intelligence agent assigned to this mission," Koth goes on as you leave Coruscant, "My duty is to provide you with information pertinent with this mission and help with data analysis. Arach Ruyne, the sensor operator on the station where Consul Koyn was killed, is being held on the Uthgar in orbit of Improcco, a small ice ball in this system. The Internal Security Bureau believes, improperly, that because Ruyne did not detect any explosives on Koyn's cruiser, and that the sensors were of extremely high quality, non-jammable, that he must have lied to the deck officer. He is being held on charges of treason and failure to report. From what files there are on him, he should not provide a major problem to this investigation. Spineless and undoubtably very afraid."

From the cockpit the pilot calls out, "We'll be docking with the Uthgar in just a minute."

Indeed, Coruscant has now shrank to a tiny speck behind you, and space traffic has totally disappeared. As you watch, a tiny blue ball gradually appears in the distance, with a very small speck right next to it. Both the ball and the speck grow, until the ball materializes into a planet covered in ice and snow and the speck resolves into a large, blocky starship, dotted with warty gun emplacements, huge armor plates, and surrounded by Republic V-Wing starfighters. Four of those fighters take up escort positions around the cruiser and slowly guide it into the primary hanger bay.

[OOC: And now, for any discussion en route to our illustrious prison ship...]

CaamasiJedi49
17 June 2005, 01:11 PM
"So, um, can we be 'forceful' if he becomes amnesic all of a sudden," asked Chaan.

Lord Diggori
17 June 2005, 02:22 PM
Eyes still shut in his restful repose Suad offers a shrug. "Why not? The Jedi can convince'em that lying is against his interests and I can read any signs of deception."

"But," at this he casts a glance to their Bothan intel analyst, "this does beg the question why we're even wasting our time with this pleeb Ruyne, seeing how he isnt a major problem or factor in this.

"Shouldnt we just turn around, return to Coruscant, pack up and retrace the Valor's path through Decimus Sector?" Nex's honeyed gaze measures the bothan's reaction.

[OOC: Sense Motive on Koth]

Vice Man
17 June 2005, 05:20 PM
Draisen Mildar sat back and listened to the conversation. Taking in what was said and gathering his thoughts on this matter. He really did not know what to think other than the fact that they did seem to be starting in the wrong place. He was struck by a thought, he leaned over and tapped his droid as it was rolling by him.

He whispered "Jade, along with your other task, pull up any files you can on the bombings that have taken place, and cross reference that with any place that the Valor 2, was or had to pass through, also look up the number of bombings and etc, and see if you can find any pattern to them and see how many are located in the Decimus Sector in comparison to all others"

Jade tooted an acknowledgement and went on his way and pluged into the ships computer to see what was done to the ship who was there and what jobs they did as well as cross referencing that to crimnals in the database's. Jade Also started running a search on the bombings and other stuff his master had ordered it to look at.

Draisen sighed a bit he hoped something would turn up, he may have been reaching a bit but one never knew.

Master_thorin
18 June 2005, 11:07 AM
Aarek sits in a quiet contemplative state letting the others talk as he brings in all the information. Finally he will speak, "The real question of the matter is how to interrogate him without making ourselves clearly a threat and yet still intimidating."

CaamasiJedi49
18 June 2005, 12:04 PM
"Isn't that sorta contrary to itself? How can you intimiate without being threatening?"

Lord Diggori
18 June 2005, 01:08 PM
"The real question of the matter, " Aarek surmised, " is how to interrogate him without making ourselves clearly a threat and yet still intimidating?"

A good question, meant to get Koth off the hook? Nexelio was still focused on Melan, but threw out the first answer that came to mind. "Good Sentry, bad sentry.

"Only two interrogate. More will only be a distraction that builds the pressure on Ruyne too fast." It worked in the holovids, why not?.

CaamasiJedi49
18 June 2005, 05:52 PM
Chaan raised his hand, "oh, oh, I call bad sentry!!!"

Kethar
18 June 2005, 10:33 PM
O'Deel closed his eyes as he sat, he needed to think. He thought about the Force, the Jedi and the workings of them. Hopefully no one would bother him but if they did so be it.

SmugglerJedi
21 June 2005, 08:08 AM
"You mean, 'good cop, bad cop', not 'sentry', I think." Koth said to Nex. "But I do agree with your assessment, Mr. Suad. However, I am only an attache from Bothan Intelligence, and am not actually a part of the Republic Internal Security Bureau. Therefore, I don't make the decisions. However, if you talk to him long enough, Ruyne may provide us with just a glimpse of information that could lead us to the real killer of Consul Koyn. He was working for several minutes at that console and could have spotted something ISB missed."

"Also, there is the possibility, however unlikely, that Ruyne is in fact a traitor to the Republic. If that's so, he could be the direct link to the assassins."

He continues to pace along the conference room, though his attention seems to be fixed on Nexelios. He seems to ignore the Jedi's questions and chuckles at Chaan's suggestion.

"And as for the bad cop, you'll need something much more menacing that just <i>that</i>," he says, indicating the DC-17 rifle. "Perhaps a disintegrator."

CaamasiJedi49
21 June 2005, 11:12 AM
"Hey now, who says you need the biggest gun to intimidate!? Buuut....I wouldn't mind having a disintegrator." Chaan then thought over what he just said. "Whoa! Wait a minute, disintegrators are illegal in the Republic, I can't have that, I'll be locked away again. Five times is enough for me." Chaan seemed to stare into space for a minute, but then snapped back to reality, "so...um...what was I talking about again?"

Chaan collected his thoughts and then said, "anyways, I can intimidate him just fine with the DC-15. This gun has seen me through the Clone Wars, it will do just fine now."

Lord Diggori
21 June 2005, 11:27 AM
Suad wondered what a ..."cop" was but dismissed it a Bothan term, perhaps for law enforcement. For that matter, what was Bothan Intelligence doing tied up in this? He didnt know politics but it seemed this event was beyond the scope of regional government, especially one way down the Rimma. Takes a sneak to find sneaks. This Melan doesnt seem more than a beaucrat.

"Also, there is the possibility, however unlikely, that Ruyne is in fact a traitor to the Republic. If that's so, he could be the direct link to the assassins."

"Exactly, so lets not pre-judge. We wring Ruyne dry."

His gaze shifts from the Bothan to the tacky confines on the cabin. Nex hopes he isnt over his head. The last 'interrogation' he did involved a burrow-bear, jar of drezik honey, and a tongue tied Quarren with his pants down. Took less than a few minutes. Legitimacy was so...restraining.

"And as for the bad cop, you'll need something much more menacing that just that," he says, indicating the DC-17 rifle. "Perhaps a disintegrator."

"Perhaps a lightsaber on the hip of a stern galactic guardian. A good mind trick wouldnt hurt either. I nominate Mildar, he has a certain...edge, but it's your show Aarek.

"Being the smooth-talker here, not that your ramblings arent entertaining Chaan, I volunteer for the good...'cop'.

Master_thorin
21 June 2005, 12:23 PM
Aarek nods in agreemet, "Agreed Mildar has the best chance of success in the situation, the only question is who to send in with him, if he is to be the "bad cop" then who will be the "good" cop."

Kethar
21 June 2005, 06:15 PM
O'Deel doesn't say anything still, but listens in. As he hears them nominate Mildar, he nods. "Yes...Mildar..." He mutters, his eyes still closed.

After a few moments he opened his eyes, blinked a few times and nodded.

Vice Man
22 June 2005, 12:07 AM
Padawan Learner Draisen Mildar raised an eyebrow as the people aorund him talked. When there was a pause in the conversation he smiles and says "Well it looks like I am going to have to do some research on this person If I am going to play the Bad side of this double team. For my partner maybe Mr Suad would be a good choice but that is just my opinion. If you all will excuse me I have some work to do" With that he stands, nods slightly to everyone then heads over to the terminal where Jade is plugged in.

"Ok Jade, Show me everything you have on your previous assignments and lets see what we can find o this guy we are going to interrogate. Oh and post all your analysis and stuff to the files. Search all the databases for all info on our subject. Something has to correlate. hmm........." Draisen types things into the station popping up data onto all three screens and occaisionally talking to Jade to ask the droid to do one thing or the other.

(OOC: computer use +7 + Knowledge Street Wise + 7 + Roll of 13 = 27 plus any bonuses from Jade. Ok I will not be able to post for the next few days till about friday or saturday. I have to take my computer in becuase it will not install software, and has a few anoyying game graphic glitches. So if you need to th GM can play my character to keep things moving but I should not be that long. See you all on the flip side.)

CaamasiJedi49
22 June 2005, 08:17 AM
Chann watched as they talked about who was going to be the good cop/bad cop. When Mildar sugegsted being the bad cop, Chaan immediatly went on teh offensive. "Hey! I'm supposed to be the bad cop. WHat, you think because your human that you can jsut ignore me!!!!"

[OCC: don't take this as anything personal, I'm just going with the flow of how my character would act]

Lord Diggori
22 June 2005, 09:37 AM
"Hey! I'm supposed to be the bad cop. What, you think because your human that you can just ignore me!!!!"

Nexelio leans forward and raises a gloved hand open palmed, trying to calm the Kel-dor's rancor. "If we wanted to frighten the man senseless," he explained in soothing tones, "you'd be my number one choice, Chaan. Ruyne is already scared enough."

Gesturing to Mildar, he stays focused on Haalo, mindful of the big rifle. "Finesse is what we need here. Quiet strength. Recognizable authority. Menace, instead of...mania. I hope you can understand this."

Suad sat back, absently stroking his wispy goatee. "I had volunteered for the consiliary role Aarek, but if you think another is better, perhaps Melan or Padawan Foreeta to maintain the Jedi theme, so be it."

CaamasiJedi49
22 June 2005, 12:00 PM
Gesturing to Mildar, he stays focused on Haalo, mindful of the big rifle. "Finesse is what we need here. Quiet strength. Recognizable authority. Menace, instead of...mania. I hope you can understand this." [/B]

"FIne whatever," fumed Chaan. Chaan then starts to mumble various swears against humans, but quiet enough that no one can hear clearly or understand.

SmugglerJedi
23 June 2005, 01:58 PM
"We'll be docking a moment," the copilot says. As the Republic Cruiser lands in the docking bay, the ramp lowers and the ARC troopers disembark. At the bottom of the ramp, two soldiers - one a human, the other a Rodian - in RDF uniforms snap to attention behind a human lieutenant with an ISB uniform.

Koth sighs and then mutters something under his breath as he disembarks. Climbing down the ramp, he says, with a bit of scorn, "Ah, Lt. Quentin. How nice to see you again."

"I see you haven't changed," Quentin replies with equally scornful. "Why you Bothans are in this operation is beyond me."

"It's personal." He turns back to the disembarking party and introduces each one. Quentin quietly regards each, but his eyebrows raise high at the technician.

"Matilles? Are you serious? I thought he was in prison! And wait, is that really his droid?" He whistles. "Who ordered that?"

"Who else?" Koth scoffs. "The Jedi. They're always making bad decisions; ever since Palpatine slipped in, they've been, how should I put it...sloppier than ever. Not the other way around."

"I see. Well, Ruyne is awaiting your interrogation, so if you'll follow me..."

[OOC: Feel free to talk to any NPC. <b>Balmung</b>, <b>Max</b>, you guys okay? Something wrong? Why haven't you posted?]

SmugglerJedi
23 June 2005, 02:27 PM
Sorry for double posting.

Everyone but Astarri, Genji, and O'Deel can just hear what Koth says:

"It's absurd that a Bothan had to die for this."

max ordo
23 June 2005, 02:31 PM
Still confused as to why he was on this mission, having no real experiance with interrogation or investigating Janos wonders why the Jedi wanted him here. I'm a hunter not a talker. Maybe they are thinking this man may try and escape. Then I feel for him. haveing not had much experiance with other species Janos is unsure how to deal with the large Cat who initially greeted them when boarding the ship so had stayed in the room provided for the journey. Upon landing he came out as the cat, a Bothan he had heard someone call him, was leaving the ship to speak with the military officer. Deciding he should start associating with these other members of this team. He slowly approaches the group, "Sorry to seperate myself from the group but I am still very uncomfortable with space travel. I assume we are where the prisoner is being held?"

OOC: ok sorry took so long. finally able to join back in.

CaamasiJedi49
24 June 2005, 06:41 AM
Still in a bad modd, Chaan ignored the humans as he got off the ship. Stupid humans can just ignore me, thought Chaan. Well, I'll show them some day, yeah, I'll show them. "Come on guys, lets get this job over with, I'm getting bored waiting in the docking bay," called Chaan hastily.

Lord Diggori
24 June 2005, 01:04 PM
The docking meant Marill's decision would have to wait. Whatever choice it would be by the "Will of the Force"...he hoped. More planning time was needed, odds were few of them had actual interview experience. Nex doned his blazer again as he stood exiting the passenger cabin.

It had been long since Suad was in a prison this tight. Never as an inmate, too slick for that, but their contraband markets were soaked with demand. Facillities like this were excellant at keeping things inside, not as hard to get in. Once his followers paid up, it was easy to get "sacramental" spice in for their "mystical prophet", the ring leader.

"It's absurd that a Bothan had to die for this."

Melan's statement brought him abrupty out of his revelry. So that's his motivation?...lovely. Koth's objectivity evaporated instantly in his mind.

Suad nodded to the Lieutenant when introduced. Quentin seemed a straight shooter at least. His questions showed Nex a mind akin to his, just as Melan's answers started to reveal the taint of his bitterness. The Bothan's vendetta would have to take a backseat for the mission.

Nexelio absently popped his knuckles with his thumb, wishing he could be the one to..."make it clear" to Koth if need be.

red5_5
24 June 2005, 01:27 PM
Astarri exits the starship and nods respectfully to the ISB officer. Why am I here? I guess that Master Chron wanted me to get some experience, so I'll be an observer until they need me. Astarri stands at the back of the group quietly, obeserving the situation.

DarthBalmung
26 June 2005, 07:31 AM
OOC: Sorry I was busy with finals. Just got out of school on Thursday.

Genji turns to Milder and says" I culd be the "Good" cop since everyoe so quickly labels me traitor. My gift might interest him. Besides Spark could be used to intimadte him."

SmugglerJedi
26 June 2005, 04:32 PM
Quentin looks you all over and then walks off down the hanger. He briefly exchanges something with Koth and then continues to walk along. The two RDF soldiers escort the party on the sides, while the ARC troopers linger by the cruiser.

As you take a large turbolift up from the hanger, Quentin says, "We've tagged this Ruyne because he was a sensor operator on the station. We believe that he was a conspirator with the assassins, keeping the bombs onboard the <i>Valor</i> hidden from the station scanners. So far, he's lost much of his spine; it shouldn't take long to crack him. I'm glad you got here when you did; I would have hate to continue it on my own. He's just so...pathetic."

Koth snorts at Quentin but says nothing. Quentin turns to regard Koth but sees Spark instead. "I'll never get used to that."

Lord Diggori
27 June 2005, 02:34 PM
Suad keeps pace towards the turbolift, occasionally nodding to Quentin's recap. Being the third time he's heard it, the man begins to get it that Ruyne is shaken by his arrest and will be easy to extract info from. All the while the real assasin was getting farther and farther away from the quickly cooling trail.

Genji's idea wasnt completely ludicrous to him. Let him do something to prove himself.

Master_thorin
28 June 2005, 03:54 PM
OOC: Sorry been handling some family stuff and have not been a posistion to post

As they walk along Aarek looks at Foreeta and Mildar "Padawan Foreeta, Padawan Milda. I wish the two of you to handle negotiations with the prisoner. I feel that the appearance of the two of you will lead him to the fact that the jedi have taken a large interest in the case." He then looks at Quentin "Liutenant, my team will need a room nearby where we can see the proceedings I assume one has been made available for us." During the entire proceedings his hands are placed securely at the small of his back.

CaamasiJedi49
28 June 2005, 06:20 PM
Walking towards the turbolift, Chaan couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong with the guy in custody. It all didn't add up for some reason. This only seemed, in his mind, to be a forbringer of greater trouble, that much Chaan knew. Hearing the 'general' ordering the Jedi to do the interrogation only seemed to prove Chaan's earlier point, they distrusted him because he was Kel Dor, because he was alien.

Whatever, though Chaan, makes my job easier, and I get money for doing nothing. Maybe even a free show. That idea made Chaan smile under his breath mask.

Someday, someday they will be sorry for ignoring me, yeah, and I will be laughing all the way to the Rim with Adela when that happens. Or at least I hope with Adela.

No, no, no, what the hell am I thinking, turning my back on 'em will not help me out. Be the good Kel Dor, do what they want, help 'em out of tough situations, and get what I want from 'em when I need them. Yeah.

Chaan noticed he was daydreaming in the middle of the hanger, and hastened his approuch to the turbolift.

SmugglerJedi
29 June 2005, 07:27 AM
"There is a viewing room," Quentin answers Aarek's question. "It has a good clear view of the interrogation room through a viewscreen, and has computer consoles with access to the Republic DataNet."

"Don't forget the caf machine."

"It's broken."

"Sithspawn! Why is it that everyday I come it never works?"

"The little midgets don't like you. Anyways, it's big enough to fit all of us inside comfortably. Ruyne won't be able to see us, so you can make all the faces you want. Oh, and the room also has access to the Coruscant commnet and comlinks inside the interrogation room, as well as a defensive forcefield and stun turrets. I'm sure you will find all that you need inside."

As the conversation preceeds, the two RDF troopers snicker at Koth's discomfort and exchange grins, clearly not showing the quiet discipline of the ARC troopers. In fact, judging by their movement, they don't seem very preoccupied with discipline and drill at all, walking very casually.

Quentin refuses to look at them, almost as much as he refuses to glance in Spark's direction.

Lord Diggori
29 June 2005, 08:56 AM
"Oh, and the room also has access to the Coruscant commnet and comlinks inside the interrogation room, as well as a defensive forcefield and stun turrets."

Seemed like a lot of security for a runt. Nex guessed it was all part of the terrorist treatment. Ruyne was possibly nothing more than a scapegoat in all this, a name to place the blame until they caught the queen drezik...hopefully.

Atleast Aarek was on the ball, "Padawans, it would be helpfully if you got him to talk freely for a minute or so. Once I see the pattern of his speech it will be easier to read him."

CaamasiJedi49
29 June 2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by SmugglerJedi
"There is a viewing room," Quentin answers Aarek's question. "It has a good clear view of the interrogation room through a viewscreen, and has computer consoles with access to the Republic DataNet."

"Don't forget the caf machine."

"It's broken."

"Sithspawn! Why is it that everyday I come it never works?"

"The little midgets don't like you. Anyways, it's big enough to fit all of us inside comfortably. Ruyne won't be able to see us, so you can make all the faces you want. Oh, and the room also has access to the Coruscant commnet and comlinks inside the interrogation room, as well as a defensive forcefield and stun turrets. I'm sure you will find all that you need inside."

As the conversation preceeds, the two RDF troopers snicker at Koth's discomfort and exchange grins, clearly not showing the quiet discipline of the ARC troopers. In fact, judging by their movement, they don't seem very preoccupied with discipline and drill at all, walking very casually.

Quentin refuses to look at them, almost as much as he refuses to glance in Spark's direction.

Red flags went off in Chaan's head once he heard this. An easy job, yeah right. They know something they aren't telling us. Chaan did not like the sound of this at all. And, he wondered, why are their clones with us. Their holding out on us, and holding big, they gotta.

"If you don't mind me asking," said Chaan to Quentin, "Why all of the precautions? To be honest, isn't it a little excessive if this guy ain't much trouble to begin with?"

SmugglerJedi
2 July 2005, 05:16 PM
"I thought it was a bit excessive when I first brought him in too," Quentin replies. "But it's just standard. The <i>Uthgar</i> is pretty old, and so it only has one prisoner hazard level - dangerous. Frankly, I'd still feel safe putting him in an alcove in a bar in Mos Eisley with just one guard. But, I'm not going to rip out everything and just put it in later for the next criminal, who might be more dangerous."

"Typical Republic oversight."

"Shut up. We're here." All of a sudden he turns into the wall, where a door silently opens up and reveals a small, square room. Well, at least the doors are oiled.

The viewing room has actually two viewscreens, with a tall door set squarely in the middle, with yellow warning stripes all around it, set into a really tiny corridor between the two rooms. The viewing room itself it largely barren, with just computer consoles ringing the outside and some stools sitting ontop the barren metal floor. Computer screens showing news from the Holonet hang from the ceiling, as well as screens showing information on the prisoner, such as heart rate, identity data, financial records, etc.

Quentin walks in and beckons you to follow, ignoring the two lazy RDF guards by the transferring door. He looks over his shoulder and notices something flashing on a computer screen."Huh?" He walks over to it and looks at the screen. "Is there a Draisen Mildar in the house? Looks like there's a datafile for you."

[OOC: So I'm a little unpolished.]

Vice Man
4 July 2005, 05:48 PM
(OOC: sorry for the massive delay in posting but the computer repair shop was so busy it took about 2 weeks to get my computer back. then when i got it back the power switch did not work, something wrong with the switch and since i could not get a replacement i am now using my reset button to turn on my computer. anyways with that out of the way I will be able to post way more often.)

Draisen Mildar ignored the comments he heard from the bothan and company. As the company walks down the hallway and into the turbolift thinking to himself. He hoped his search would come up with something. The RDF troopers seemed as if they had nothing to care for, a bad sign in Draisen's mind.

When Genji spoke Draisen turned and looked at him and nodedd but said nothing and continued walking. He again noded slightly to Aarek indicating he undersood the command. THen when Mr. Suad spoke up he turned, smiled and nodded glad for the help.

When they got into the room he was somewhat startled when someone speaks up, "Is there a Draisen Mildar in the house? Looks like there's a datafile for you."

Draisen's head snaps up and smiles "Yeah, that'd be me" he walks over to the station and looks to Quentin. "Can I open up the file on this station?" He waits a moment then opens the datafile and looking at the contents of the datafile...

Lord Diggori
4 July 2005, 06:38 PM
Nex leaned against a console at the back of the room. He tries to familiarize himself with the pick-ups for the interrogation room.

CaamasiJedi49
4 July 2005, 09:32 PM
Chaan watched Draisen Mildar closely to see if he coud figure out the datafile. Maybe this will be some info I may want to know.

Lord Diggori
6 July 2005, 12:12 PM
[OOC: Computer Use +4, though Genji could do it better no doubt]

Vice Man
7 July 2005, 01:41 PM
Draisen looks at the data file and smiles "Well" he says to the others "We now have the ships route to and from the desimus sector". He makes a copy and sends it to himself.

"However, lets see what this sensor operator has to tell us, then we might have a good clue as to where to go or at least start looking. Padawan Freeta are you ready?"

With his asscent he goes into the interrigation room, looking calm relaxed and ready to get some information....

Lord Diggori
7 July 2005, 02:33 PM
"Excellant, Draisen. May I?"

Suad calls up the file to one of the large datascreens for all to see. He sits back stroking his goatee, pondering the possibilites amongst the world's he's travelled.

[OOC: Knowledge Streetwise +4, recalling any especially anti-Republic groups along the route]

SmugglerJedi
8 July 2005, 08:12 AM
This message appears on the computer console screen:

FROM: Republic Ministry of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security
TO: Drasien Mildar, Jedi Order
SUBJ: Consul Andramus Koyn, Travel Iterniery
MESSAGE URGENT, CODE ALPHA-ONE.

To Mr. Mildar, padawan of the Jedi Order:

We thank you for your assistance in this matter. In the spirit of cooperation and teamwork, we have transmitted this file you requested. It contains the list of planets/systems that Consul Koyn visited. Note that it begins with the original destination, Sitorno V, and that this is the return iterniery. His arrival iterniery was exactly the same except that it was in reverse order.

Thank you for your support.

Dierc Nassoc, Bureau of Diplomatic Security.

[PS: Feel free to contact me for further information on any of these planest/systems.]

SITORNO V
A major industrial planet in the Decimus Sector, Sitorno V has kept itself in balance with nature. During the Separatist War, the planet voted to secede and remain a neutral party for fear that its biosphere might be damaged by the war. Consul Koyn visited Sitorno V to convince the planet to rejoin the Republic in the hopes that the Republic could use its environmental technology to rebuild several destroyed planets. They rejected the offer, but there did not appear to be any ill-will directed towards the Republic or Consul Koyn himself.

KAER X
A gas giant world that also separated from the Republic, Kaer X is a plutocracy where its leaders buy their offices. Unique metal alloys in its belt make Kaer X a valuable world, but its neutral-minded citizens have repeatedly declined to join the Republic. It is considered a volatile world as political reformists are creating new movements and organizations to replace the plutocracy.

TEREGON SYSTEM
A system with one large ice cloud field. No actual planets. Used as a waypoint.

DUKON III
Colony world that has remained within the Republic. A vital outpost to Republic operations in the Decimus Sector, it has recently been turned into a massive military base. The citizenry is decidedly pro-Republic, as the base has brought in jobs and money.

JEHEN
A forest world, Jehen is largely uninhabited except for an archeological team on the northren continent. According to the pilot's log, Koyn's nephew is the team supervisory, and they exchanged a short hypercomm conversation, but never landed.

TASSAGAR-9718
Another waypoint. Has two uninhabited planets. Last stop in the Decimus Sector.

CORELLIA
[Please access datafile NJ-P-5881-02-A for more information.]

CORUSCANT
[Please access datafile NJ-P-5829-01-A for more information.]

----------------------------

Aarek looks at a few other things on the computer consoles, then groans and changes the screen rapidly. [His screen, not yours.] "That was certainly disgusting."

------------------------------

Inside the interrogation room, a beaten, battered body of a man sits on a seat in the middle of the room, tired and worn. His nose is bleeding and he has several bruises on his body. His hair is messy and unkempt. As you walk in, his pale, thin face looks up at you with dispair.

"For crying out loud, I told you I don't know anything!" he screams. Agony permeates his voice, which crackles in pain. "I'm an honest man! I was just working the shift on the station! What do you want to know? My life story? The fact I'm horrible at gambling? That my wife left me a year ago? What!?!" With a sigh and a bending of his head towards the floor, he murmurs, "I'm innocent."

------------------------------

Inside the observation room, Koth shoots Quentin a harsh stare. He whispers something to the man in Bothan, who replies curtly in the same language. As you watch, some of you notice that Quentin is shaking, almost imperceptibly.

-----------------------------

CUTSCENE:

In a small, dim room, a figure hunchs over a computer console. He rapidly types commands into a sort of computer network, then cackles in glee when the system locks up. When two figures enter the room, he straightens, turns around, and yells at them to keep guarding the outer door. The two security droids shrug and exit, leaving the figure in silence. As he turns back to the console, he activates a comlink.

"We are ready for the countdown, sir."

CaamasiJedi49
8 July 2005, 03:36 PM
"What the hell did you guys do to the prisoner?! He looks like hes been through the bad side of Nar Shadda with only a stick!" Chaan cringed at the thought of what they do to 'important' prisoners.

Lord Diggori
10 July 2005, 09:31 AM
[OOC- Assuming my streetwise turns up nothing. but correct me by all means if I'm wrong :D ]

Nexelio glances towards one of the pick ups to see what Chaan was griping about...and found the Kel-Dor wasnt exaggerating this time. Poor Ruyne got the terrorist treatment for sure. 'Zero tolerance' was typical political catch-phrase, but to actually see it's results was something fully different.

He put his sympathy to the side though, this was an investigation not a crusade for righteousness. He hoped the Jedi would be able to do the same, yes they were staunch guardians of disciplined justice but they were also young. Atleast the good....'cop' would be extra convincing.

"Ready when you are gentlemen," Suad focuses the imager on the tech's form wide enough to take in all his body language.

Vice Man
10 July 2005, 12:50 PM
Draisen took a deep breathe and looked at the prisoner for a bit, ignoring what the other padawan said and then spoke up "I have no idea what they asked you, and despit what you may be thinking I did not think you where innocent..." he puased for a second, then "or guilty, but I need to know what you saw, on your sensor boards, weather or not something seemed funny or anything at all that seemed out of the ordinary. And last but not least does anyone dislike you enough to make you take a fall? I know this is a alo to take in but I need you to take a deep breathe and calm down, I need you to remember and i need the trueth, ok" His voice had been even, calm and in a normal tone of voice. As if he weer the type the the calmer he got the more anger he had, at least he hoped that was the impression, but he was enough like that in the first place to pass it off, he hoped the answers he needed would be forthcoming....

CaamasiJedi49
10 July 2005, 03:03 PM
Chaan watched quietly as the interrogation began.

SmugglerJedi
11 July 2005, 07:16 AM
[OOC: To LD: Sorry, I forget that check! :D I send a PM soon.]

"Anything strange? Well, not really, I mean it all looked fine..." He can barely speak, his husky voice hard to hear. "Everyone on duty that day would support me, except Brett...I mean, there..." Suddenly something dawns in his eyes. "The screen...it...it c..changed...."

CaamasiJedi49
11 July 2005, 09:40 AM
[OCC:spot check]

Chaan looked around the interrogation room to see if he can find any screens that changed.

Master_thorin
11 July 2005, 01:16 PM
Aarek sits down and waits for the others to start thier interrogation

Vice Man
12 July 2005, 10:14 PM
He perked up at that last statement. he siezed on it.
"it changed, how? and who had the access and ability to do something like that. But be specfic on how it changed and what it changed from to what you saw"
His voice was calm and even, he eased into the force and kept alert. something was deffenently wrong here, in so many ways, and the soldeirs, the bothan and others he had seen seemed out of sorts... he could not put his finger on it but he was deffiantly going to keep alert and be ready if anything should happen...

SmugglerJedi
13 July 2005, 07:02 AM
Chaan looks around the interrogation room to check if any of those screens changed, but none have. Except that one which just went from a newcast on CCI to a similiar message on NovaNet.

Inside, Ruyne mumbles, "It was, like, like there was something wrong with the ship, and then it was normal. Just a flash...it flashed...strange packages on the crusier, and then nothing. It was clean. I thought...I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I had no idea. Please, I never meant to hide anything. I'm innocent."

Quentin mutters, "He's playing us for a fool. He never told me any of that!"

Ruyne continues. "The sensors on our station are unjammable. The only person, or place, I could think of who could alter such data on the computer screen, it....it would have to be..." He finally mouthes something and then he falls unconscious.

Koth glares at the ISB officer. "Chaan's right. Your interrogation methods stink worse than a dying bantha left out in the Tatooine sun for a week."

"Mind your own business, Bothan."

"It is my business, Lieutenant."

CaamasiJedi49
13 July 2005, 07:05 AM
Chaan looks around the interrogation room to check if any of those screens changed, but none have. Except that one which just went from a newcast on CCI to a similiar message on NovaNet.

Inside, Ruyne mumbles, "It was, like, like there was something wrong with the ship, and then it was normal. Just a flash...it flashed...strange packages on the crusier, and then nothing. It was clean. I thought...I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I had no idea. Please, I never meant to hide anything. I'm innocent."

Quentin mutters, "He's playing us for a fool. He never told me any of that!"

Ruyne continues. "The sensors on our station are unjammable. The only person, or place, I could think of who could alter such data on the computer screen, it....it would have to be..." He finally mouthes something and then he falls unconscious.

Koth glares at the ISB officer. "Chaan's right. Your interrogation methods stink worse than a dying bantha left out in the Tatooine sun for a week."

"Mind your own business, Bothan."

"It is my business, Lieutenant."

"Damn straight I'm right! You tell us this is a simple mission, yet the Jedi are involved. You say this guy is harmless, yet you beat him to within a few inches of his life. Tell me, what the hell is going on here?! What haven't you told us!" Chaan gestured rather angrily with his arms as he ranted.

Master_thorin
14 July 2005, 12:34 PM
Aarek stands, but the way he rises is much more deliberate than normal. As he moves it is less like a man and in mere seconds he is inches from his face, "You will immediately tell us the facts of this matter, or I will take this investigation FULLY into my hands." His right hand moves smoothly to the small of his back and wraps around the hilt of his lightsaber.

SmugglerJedi
15 July 2005, 03:59 AM
Quentin backs away from Aarek. "You even pull that thing out and there'll be a platoon of troops down here to shoot you."

"Knock it off, Aarek, I can tell you something." The Bothan gestures to the chair Aarek just left. "Just please sit down first. I can explain this officer's...drawbacks."

"Drawbacks! Drawbacks! I did my job, Koth! I was doing my job for the Bureau! What else should I do?"

"Not beat the bantha poodu out of your first subject, maybe?" Koth turns to the group. "Now please, everyone sit down." He then turns on the speakers in the interrogation room so the duo in there can hear.

CaamasiJedi49
15 July 2005, 03:04 PM
"I want some f---ing answer now, man! This stinks of something bad, and before I continue down this path, I want to knwo waht I'm getting into."

Vice Man
16 July 2005, 10:56 PM
Draisen suddenly stoped, the force rippled with aareks emotions and the emmineint threat aarek sensed or at least thought there would be. he shifted his balance and dropped his hands into a relaxed but ready pose. he pressed on just as the speaked flipped on.

"Who, who could have done it?" he was suddenly aware of the stun cannons int the room, he relaxed some more, shifting his weight so he was balanced and ready to act or react as needed. if somehow the stun cannons activated he would carry the whitness if nesscary. He looked over at Padawan Fareeta and then glances over at the door hoping he would catch his meaning. If something Happened he would be ready....

Lord Diggori
18 July 2005, 09:11 AM
The investigation was loosing focus as the Jedi came to realize the true nature of the law they upholded. Perhaps having seen such things before had innured Suad to such blatant brutality. Irregardless, things had to get back on track. A lightsaber/blaster battle with allied forces in such a confined area could really hamper the mission...in a major way.

"The prisoner has passed out, quite understandably. Perhaps a less stressfull environ would aid his memory as he recovers? I found the Jedi Temple very serene and tranquil, plus I dont think the masters would mind taking Ruyne under their protection for the remainder of the investigation. He is effectively a star witness as well as suspect.

"I'll contact Paladi to arrange it."

Nex tries to establish contact with their contact.

SmugglerJedi
20 July 2005, 07:03 AM
Koth seems peeved that no one is paying heed to what he said. "Will no one listen to my explanation of these events?"

Meanwhile, as Suad attempts to contact the Jedi Temple, on the screen flashes a large black box with a red border and the following words (in red, of course):

COMNET UNDER LOCKDOWN. ABSOLUTELY NO USE PER CDCS ORDER J.18847-65.2.

[OOC: CDCS = Coruscant Department of Computer Security]

DarthBalmung
20 July 2005, 11:47 AM
Genji glances over the screen and reads the comm lockdown.
"Great,Perhaps the Jedi can heal him so hes not in such bad shape.
Genji suggests out of the blue.

Lord Diggori
20 July 2005, 12:19 PM
Nexelio give the tech a dubious but quizzical look, "They can do that?.....Well by all means."

CaamasiJedi49
20 July 2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Lord Diggori
Nexelio give the tech a dubious but quizzical look, "They can do that?.....Well by all means."

"Hey, Jedi boy wonder, whats wrong?"

DarthBalmung
21 July 2005, 11:41 AM
"Well, either they can or their masters of illusion since they did something like that to my before they captured me.

SmugglerJedi
27 July 2005, 07:26 AM
"Well, I can see you're not interested," Koth says, disappointed. "But in any case, do not go harshly up against Lt. Quentin here. He is a rookie at this and he's just eager - perhaps <i>too</i> eager - to find a scapegoat. And what the futhop is that on the screen over there?"

Quentin just shakes his head. "I just want to end this now, Koth, you know that. Who else did we have? No one else even looked like they might be involved. But certainly the sensor operator should have seen the explosives, so shouldn't he know what's going on?"

"Ever thought of someone slicing into the computer network, Lieutenant? No? I didn't think so."

DarthBalmung
27 July 2005, 10:12 AM
"Get up" Geni commands Suad.
"I have a feeling that it was hacked, and if you would be kind enough to shut up and leave me alone. I'll find out.
(Skill roll Comp. Use 11+18=29)

Vice Man
27 July 2005, 05:20 PM
Draisen closes his eyes and takes a deep breathe, and returns his attention to the prisoner. "Who do you think could do it, and do you know of any reason why?" he stops as he is about to say something more. He stops and thinks a bit. if that person, was on the station right now and they most likely knew of this groups arival then they where all in immedaite danger and harm, including their star whitness. he moves over to the chair the whitness is siting in and unbinds his limbs. then goes on and asks "so if you would please tell me who you think could have done this, and what you know of this person?" Draisen remains on guard becuase if anything goes down it will be right here.

red5_5
29 July 2005, 08:40 AM
Astarii stands at the back of the room, hoping that he was out of the way. What should I do? I feel way out of my element here. He fingers the hilt of his lightsaber and watches quietly as the interrogation continues.

Lord Diggori
29 July 2005, 11:00 AM
Suad's head lolls restlessly against the chairback as he listens to Draisen interrogate the prisoner...who just...passed out. This wasnt going well.

"Mildar, Draisen, Astarii, or Fareeta, could one of ya revive poor Ruyne. I'm not a....sentientologist, but I believe consciousness is a prerequiste for comprehension....at least in the... Human species. "

Nex tries to downplay the sarcasm directed to the lightsaber wielders, then sits up with curiosity, "Or are you probing his mind with this....Force you wield?"

red5_5
29 July 2005, 11:25 AM
Astarii looks up at Suad quickly, slightly startled that someone noticed his presence. Twidling his fingers, Astarii speaks up, "I've never been trained in the healing arts, so I probably can't do much good." Pausing a moment, he adds sarcastically, "But, if you wanted me to fly him through the Maw it's a totally different story."

DarthBalmung
3 August 2005, 12:29 PM
"It was hacked from a Coruscant Department of Computer Security data center. Computer Number : JCX-159 from data center 159. It's located in Coruscant's northern hemisphere. I say we release this guy and go."

SmugglerJedi
3 August 2005, 03:11 PM
"Station 159? Uh, hold a moment, let me check something." Quentin pulls a small datapad out of an unseen pocket and examines it. "Yes! I thought I heard that before. Station 159 was the auxiliary computer facility for the space station that blew up. Held all the backup sensor records. It was also the place where technicians would perform remote maintenance on the station's computers." He stares in shock at the unconscious sensor operator. "So <i>that's</i> what he meant!"

"Do I hear a brain forming inside your skull, Lieutenant?"

CaamasiJedi49
3 August 2005, 03:47 PM
"Station 159? Uh, hold a moment, let me check something." Quentin pulls a small datapad out of an unseen pocket and examines it. "Yes! I thought I heard that before. Station 159 was the auxiliary computer facility for the space station that blew up. Held all the backup sensor records. It was also the place where technicians would perform remote maintenance on the station's computers." He stares in shock at the unconscious sensor operator. "So <i>that's</i> what he meant!"

"Do I hear a brain forming inside your skull, Lieutenant?"

"Whoa there Hutt slime, why the hell did you not check there in teh first place? No wait, I don't want to hear your answer. Lets get someone down there now so we can save the day, have the parade, and get my paycheck. Some of us have lives to live beyond his or her duty with the Republic."

DarthBalmung
11 August 2005, 07:33 AM
:What are ya waiting for let's go before we get balsted into space or something."

Lord Diggori
11 August 2005, 09:24 AM
"What are ya waiting for let's go before we get blasted into space or something."

Suad sigh as he gets up. "Dont see that as an immediate danger, but the trail is getting cold." He straightens his blazer, making a mental note to change into active wear now that actual field work was emminent.

"We done here?"

CaamasiJedi49
11 August 2005, 09:33 AM
"I hope so, I find this bothan stinks more so then Hutt slime!" Chaan moved to leave the room to meet up with the Jedi in the other room.

SmugglerJedi
14 August 2005, 07:58 AM
"Hutt slime?" He shoots Chaan a look of disgust. "Well, I suppose that concludes our activities here. I'll have the transport prepped for immediate departure." He walks out of the room at a hurried pace. Quentin frowns and then follows, but not before he mutters, "I hate days like this."

[OOC: Alright, I've been going slow. I'll admit that. I will speed it up. Sorry for this. And after the adventure, we'll share a "debriefing" to go over everything. Just hang on, a little longer!]

[OOC-2: Can I just assume you all head down to the hanger?]

DarthBalmung
15 August 2005, 10:48 AM
He heads down to the hangar.

Lord Diggori
15 August 2005, 03:24 PM
Nexelio looks to Maril for his confirmation, but then casts his glance to door and exits. These Jedi werent what he was expecting.

CaamasiJedi49
15 August 2005, 04:33 PM
Chann follows the rest of the group. "Hey, wait for me!"

SmugglerJedi
22 August 2005, 11:51 AM
You all head down to the hanger, Chaan distressely making up the rear. You all board the cruiser with quick speed, though you notice neither Quentin nor Koth are anywhere around.

It doesn't take you long to enter Coruscant orbit, and even less to bypass the planetary security screen and enter the atmosphere. Genji points out the station to the pilot, and he lands the cruiser next to a squat ziggarat [OOC: spelling?] near several low - well, relatively - commercial buildings. From the square, barren landing pad to the large front door is a smooth gangway, large enough to accompany four of you side by side, and from the looks of it, it was made for people to move heavy equipment inside and out of the complex.

You near the door, noting a small balcony right above it. Off to the right is a small computer console in dark red. The gangway is about twelve meters above the surface of a larger complex below. There is no way to walk around the side of the computer station (unless you were incredibly brave.)

And now, to slide the dice to the players...

Vice Man
26 August 2005, 10:24 AM
Draisen looked warily at the balcony and at the door they where approaching. He did not think the door would open, especially if the perpetrators of what had happened so far were inside.

"Jade plug into the terminal and see if you can get the door open" he turns and looks at the rest of the group "Ok, there are a few options here as I see them. We all go through this door, or we can all try to get up to the balcony and go in that way, or we can split up. Half thorugh the fornt door and half go up to the balcony. I would think we should all stick together whatever we do, And I must say that for the droids sake we should all go through the door if we can manage it that way everyone can be of help and we maximize our firepower. WHat do you all think?"

During all this Draisens droid was tooting to itself, happily getting through security layers to get the door open...

(OCC: I would roll jades computer Skill But I lost my character sheet with all that stats on it. If the gm could send me a copy that would be great. Hopefully we can pick up the pace of this game. Laters all))

DarthBalmung
27 August 2005, 08:20 AM
"Sounds like a plan to me just one modifaction I should probalby slice the door I would have a better understanding of what we're up agsaint. "

Lord Diggori
27 August 2005, 01:28 PM
Nex emerges from the cruiser field-attired: navy blue one piece jumpsuit and boots punctuated by gloves, shin-grieves, belt and shoulder-strap pistol holster-- each a brilliant white. He draws the weapon as he joins Draisen and Genji, removing the saftey and setting it to kill.

"This door seems the best choice," Suad chimes in. "You Jedi take point; we, with more conventional arms, will give ranged fire support while you cover with those lovely sabers."

CaamasiJedi49
27 August 2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Lord Diggori
Nex emerges from the cruiser field-attired: navy blue one piece jumpsuit and boots punctuated by gloves, shin-grieves, belt and shoulder-strap pistol holster-- each a brilliant white. He draws the weapon as he joins Draisen and Genji, removing the saftey and setting it to kill.

"This door seems the best choice," Suad chimes in. "You Jedi take point; we, with more conventional arms, will give ranged fire support while you cover with those lovely sabers."

Walking down behind Suad, Chaan says, "Are you sure we can't jsut let the Jedi check out the place first, alone. I don't like the feeling of this place. Feels like an ambush to me."

Vice Man
29 August 2005, 04:30 PM
Draisen Mildar first turns to Genji and says "Go ahead, my droid will help you wherever you need it," then turns to Chaan "Sorry but we will probably need all of us for this little operation, besides we have all the authority we need, if they fail to surrender and resist, we can defend ourselves." while this is going on draisen puts on his combat gloves and takes his lightsaber from his belt.

" get ready everyone i expect a welcome party any minute now, and someone watch that balcony until we get this door open" draisen looks at jade and asks "How are we doing Jade?" the droid swivles his head around and looks at Draisen and says "The authorities really ought to get better security systems, these are laughable" Draisen smiles nows and looks at the door. He sifts his stance slightly so he has good balance and form. his lightsaber is hed losely in his hand although if someone tried to take it or knock it out of his hands they would find that they could not do so. Well the time was upon them, it was time to get some answers...

(OCC: Jade uses computer use and rolls a 16 +11 moddifier= 27 to slice the door controls and get them open. And to answer everyone's question, yes Jade the R2 droid can talk becuase he has a vocabulator.
Lets get to the fun part.... HEEEEEEEE-YAAAAAWWWWW )

DarthBalmung
31 August 2005, 07:41 AM
Genji turns to the rest of he group and says” I’ll stay here and do what I can.” Then turning to Spark go with them.” He then turns to the computer and starts worling.
(CU roll 11+17+28)

SmugglerJedi
2 September 2005, 08:25 AM
With a <i>whoosh</i> the door slides open. On the other side you see nothing but darkness. The light from outside does not penetrate far into the complex, perhaps because it's overcast today.

As you all stare into the abyss, metal clinks on metal. Chaan, Genji, Astarii, O'Deel, and Aarek hear footsteps above them on the balcony, while Draisen's excellent connection to the Force tells him to look up right away. And right there on the balcony are a pair of battle droids pointing blaster rifles in your faces!

SURPRISE ROUND! ORDER OF BATTLE!
Droids (17)
Astarii (8)
Genji (7)
Draisen (6)
Chaan (5)
O'Deel (4)
Aarek (2)

[OOC: ROFL...]

The droids decide to target the two who look the most threatening - Draisen and Aarek. Droid #1 fires a shot off at Draisen, which sails narrowly over his shoulder and flies off into the concrete canyons of Coruscant, finally dissapating in the distance and superheating up a nice pot of caf. Droid #2 fires at Aarek, which goes even wider and bounces off the gangway into the distant grey sky.

[OOC: Those who are in the surprise round can now act. All other players, roll your initiative checks and stand by for these 6 to act. And if some don't...I'll NPC `em and see why they aren't playing. Thanx, you guys are great! SJ.]

Lord Diggori
2 September 2005, 09:27 AM
(OOC: I'm guessing I didnt make the spot or listen check to act in surprise, fair enough. When I do get to act my Init is 12 (roll 9 + 3 mod))

Vice Man
6 September 2005, 09:39 PM
Draisen reacts very swiftly to the unexpected attacks. He draws his small but powerfull DT-12 blaster pistol and fires on the right Battle Droid purely on instinct. Although most of his times has been spent in martial arts classes time spent on the range had inproved his accuracy... he hoped his time on the range pays off...

(Attack roll: 14+ 5 Attack bonus = 19, Jades iniative roll is 19)

DarthBalmung
9 September 2005, 02:47 PM
Gnji dashs behind his droid Sparl, "Okay this is why I got you you so take aim and fire."
(OOC: Sparl gets a init. of 11)

SmugglerJedi
6 October 2005, 10:06 AM
OOC: Wow, we're finally back in the action after our big hiatus! Those who have been at the OOC thread lately know what is going on. Those who have been less diligent, well, you are the weakest links. Goodbye.

IC: Moving to a second round

Draisen's first shot hits the shoulder of the right battle droid, knocking it to the balcony surface. The other battle droid misses again, just barely going over Draisen's shoulder. Sparl shoots at the survivor, hitting it in the chest and knocking it to the ground as well.

It seems at first like that was it - before six more battle droids emerge from the darkness inside, blaster rifles raised!

They prepare to take fire, but they pause for just a split-second...

red5_5
6 October 2005, 12:36 PM
Startled, Astarii stands dumbfounded looking at the droids. What's going on?! Why are they shooting at us?! Having never been in an actual battle before, Astarii was at a slight disadvantage. But, thankfully, his master had trained him well enough to snap out of his revery.

Quickly snapping his lightsaber off his belt, Astarii ignights the blue blade with a snap-hiss and brings it up in high guard. It's better to react than to charge in guns blazing. As Master always says, a Jedi has to analyze the situation before commiting oneself fully. Astarii decides to stay stationary and watch the droids plans unfold. He reaches to the Force for protection and steels himself for the attacks to come.

[OOC: Total defense and Deflect (Defense)]

Lord Diggori
6 October 2005, 04:34 PM
Nex quickly draws his blaster and ducks behind Astarii, putting his plan into effect.

CaamasiJedi49
7 October 2005, 06:12 AM
Seeing more droids emerge, Chaan looks for the closest cover to better attack the droids.

[OCC spot check= 4 + 19 = 23]

Vice Man
7 October 2005, 10:52 AM
Draisen Reholsters his DT-12 and with the same motion draws and ignites his lightsaber. His stance is defensive, he would have charged in right away, to throw the enemy off guard, but becuase the droids hesitated something was up, and better to see why they had stoped for a split second then firing right away.

Jade, his hidden blaster pistol having popped up during the surprise attack, did not hesitate and fired at the nearest battle droid. Jade wondered why his master had not charged in right away but had learned to respect his instincts. maybe he should not had fired but it was to late now.

(Draisen goes into total defense and deflect stance. Jade fires sat whatever hapless droid happens to be standing closest to him at the moment. Attack Roll: 16 + 5 Ranged attack bonus = 21. Standard Blaster pistol.)

DarthBalmung
7 October 2005, 11:33 AM
Open fire
(Spark 2=9=11

SmugglerJedi
13 October 2005, 03:30 PM
[OOC: Sorry I'm late. Being a webmaster is tough!]

Chaan: No place for cover. You'll have to duke it out.

The droids split-second pause ends, and they open fire on everyone. Droids 1+2 target Draisen, Droids 3+4 target Astarii, and Droids 5+6 shoot at Sparky.

With a swing of his lightsaber, Draisen skillfully blocks the two shots aimed at him, which harmlessly dissipate into the atmosphere. The third droid's blaster unexpectedly swings into the air and shoots a blast towards the sky [OOC: Result of a natural 1] while the fourth also misses Astarii without the Jedi even needing to move his lightsaber an inch.

Sparky isn't so lucky. One bolt misses, but a second smacks him in the gut and sends both sparks and small bits of metal flying. [Thats 12 points - down to just 8 WP!] But Sparky gets his revenge - in the same microsecond that he gets damaged, the droid who fired the bolt is just disentegrated by Sparky's blaster.

Jade also gets some fun. The droid who got the closest to hurting Draisen gets its left shoulder melted partially, with that arm swinging around back from the force of the impact.

Looks like it'll be a long day...

Lord Diggori
14 October 2005, 10:58 AM
Suad drops to a kneel, his right leg stretched behind him for balance. Thumb tripping it's mode switch, the blaster fires a pair of bolts right to left past Astarii's hip, into the droids that threaten him.

*WHEECHOW*
*WHEECHOW*

[OOC: Drop to kneel: Defense +2 kneel + 4 Astarii soft cover. Multifire burst: 12 - 1 = 11 & 16 - 1 = 15

BTW, if ya consider a drop to kneel more than the equivalent of a 2m step, I'll loose that move to keep my full attack.

DarthBalmung
14 October 2005, 11:11 AM
"great soething to repair, and I was hoping to get rich not syat poor. Attack again"
(6+2=8)attack roll

CaamasiJedi49
14 October 2005, 04:22 PM
Chaan notices no place to find cover, "Ah crude monkeys!" Pulling his DC-15A up to eye level, Chaan aims at the closest droid to him and attacks.

[OCC: 3 + 18= 21 with the DC-15A]

Vice Man
15 October 2005, 02:14 PM
After Draisen Blocks the 2 shots he quietly kicks himself mentaly for forgeting most of these have remote proccessors thereby explaining the delay. Well itwas now time for action.

Draisen runs toward the battle droids, keeping to the extreme left or right depending on which side is closer to keep out of the line of fire of his friends. Onece there he imediatly attacks the battle droid at the far end.

Jade seeing his master run towards the battle droids, uses multifire and shoots at the 2 droids nearest to his master, in effect laying down some supressive fire.

(If the droids are to far away to iniate an attack at the end of his run, than he will try to run in such a way that he will be flanking the droid at the begining of the next round. But if Draisen need an attack roll then Attack Roll: 13 + 4= 17. Jades Attack Roll: 17+ 5= 22. I do not know what the multifire penalty is so take that off the total attack roll.)

red5_5
16 October 2005, 10:16 AM
Astarii winces as the droid's blaster bolts whiz past his head. Blast! Why are they shooting at us! Astarii keeps his lightsaber up in a defensive position, hoping to deflect the droid's fire. I guess I'd better get myself into the battle.

Astarii advances towards the droids, but keeps his blade up for protection. Once he meets the nearest droid, Astarii swings his blade.

[OOC: Fight defensively: -4 attack, +2 defense, Attack: 15 + -2 = 13]

SmugglerJedi
18 October 2005, 04:49 PM
[OOC: Diggs gets a point for the wonderful SFX. :D ]

Suad's blaster bolts just barely singe Astarii's hip and sail into two more battle droids. One battle droid takes both in the gut and explodes, showering debris all over the place.

The damage Sparky took earlier has impaired his accuracy, and his second shot just misses another battle droid and something explodes inside the building (a minor explosion, nothing that could destroy a building or such.) Chaan is more lucky, however, and blasts yet another droid with a single shot to the gut.

Draisen runs towards the battle droids to get out of the way, but isn't close enough to initiate an attack. Jade's suppressive fire takes out two more droids, ending their lives quite prematurely. Astarii manages to avoid Jade's bolts, which ruins Suad's cover, but it isn't necessary as there is only one droid left by the time he moves.

Before they are destroyed, however, the droids continue to fight. Two droids focus on the super battle droid yet again, one shoots at Astarii, one shoots at Draisen, and the last takes a potshot at Chaan.

Droids 1+2 do their best to down Sparky, but both miss horribly, nearly hitting Jade in the process. Droid 3 takes its best chance at Astarii, but it isn't able to do any good before it explodes. Droid 4 doesn't do so well either; it attempts to hit Draisen but the Jedi's strafe throws the droid off-kilter, and Jade ends it quite well. Droid 5 and just before it explodes it manages to get Chaan below the knee [Down to 6 WP - sorry!] but it also is a goner, probably doing more damage by itself before its demise than the entire group has done up to this point.

Well, maybe it won't be as long...except for Chaan...

CaamasiJedi49
18 October 2005, 07:47 PM
[OOC: Diggs gets a point for the wonderful SFX. :D ]

Suad's blaster bolts just barely singe Astarii's hip and sail into two more battle droids. One battle droid takes both in the gut and explodes, showering debris all over the place.

The damage Sparky took earlier has impaired his accuracy, and his second shot just misses another battle droid and something explodes inside the building (a minor explosion, nothing that could destroy a building or such.) Chaan is more lucky, however, and blasts yet another droid with a single shot to the gut.

Draisen runs towards the battle droids to get out of the way, but isn't close enough to initiate an attack. Jade's suppressive fire takes out two more droids, ending their lives quite prematurely. Astarii manages to avoid Jade's bolts, which ruins Suad's cover, but it isn't necessary as there is only one droid left by the time he moves.

Before they are destroyed, however, the droids continue to fight. Two droids focus on the super battle droid yet again, one shoots at Astarii, one shoots at Draisen, and the last takes a potshot at Chaan.

Droids 1+2 do their best to down Sparky, but both miss horribly, nearly hitting Jade in the process. Droid 3 takes its best chance at Astarii, but it isn't able to do any good before it explodes. Droid 4 doesn't do so well either; it attempts to hit Draisen but the Jedi's strafe throws the droid off-kilter, and Jade ends it quite well. Droid 5 and just before it explodes it manages to get Chaan below the knee [Down to 6 WP - sorry!] but it also is a goner, probably doing more damage by itself before its demise than the entire group has done up to this point.

Well, maybe it won't be as long...except for Chaan...

Chaan curses various random people and monkeys as he is hit below the knee. "For the love of freaking monkey!! Someone is going to pay!" Chaan aims his DC-15A again at the closest droid.

[OCC: 3 + 17, wow I'm getting lcuky rolls]

DarthBalmung
20 October 2005, 11:10 AM
Gnji look for a place with cover so he can do some basic repairs.
(1+9=10 spot roll)
(1+19+20 attack roll)

Lord Diggori
21 October 2005, 02:05 PM
Nexelio pops up from his squat, staying a few paces behind Astarii.

Vice Man
21 October 2005, 04:11 PM
Draisen after watching a few of the droids going down, runs up to the nearest battle droid and swings his lightsaber from high right to the lower left.

Jade continues to pepper the battle doids liberally with blaster bolts, concentrating on the ones nearest to his master but not the one his master currently engaged.

(Draisen attack roll: 14 + 4= 18. Jades attack roll 13 + 5= 18. minus the multishot penalties)

SmugglerJedi
24 October 2005, 02:41 PM
Just as Draisen swings his lightsaber at the last droid, it crumples into peices from Chaan's well-placed shot, leaving the saber to whirr through the air with a singing sound. As the last peices of metal hit the walkway, you hear more noises come from inside. However, these noises sound like things moving <i>away</i> from your position; some sort of retreat is in progress.

You cannot see very far into the building, and both Chaan and Sparky are injured. The control panel to the side of the door appears to be functional, and there may be one more on the other side.

Lord Diggori
26 October 2005, 03:16 PM
Nexelio smoothly stalks over to the doorframe's right side, hugging the edge for cover, amber eyes never leave the corridor ahead.

His offhand drew something from his back pouch with a swift flourish, emitter pointed into the gloom. The glowrod's gently continuous beam spread into the bottom level.

CaamasiJedi49
26 October 2005, 06:03 PM
Chaan falls behind Nexelio, covering his flank.

DarthBalmung
29 October 2005, 02:03 PM
Genji orders Spark to move as a sheild for him as he makes his way to the dorr.

SmugglerJedi
2 November 2005, 02:37 PM
[OOC: Okay, I'll try this ONE LAST TIME...]

As Nex waves the glow rod over the entrance, you see a reception room, with a desk in the middle. You see sparks from some sort of destroyed control panel in the rear, though they aren't bright enough to illuminate anything. You can also hear the sound of droid footsteps, though they aren't going away or coming closer, they're just...repeating.

[OOC: Anyone can try and salvage the destroyed droids for parts. I'm sorry I haven't posted; I tried but the site wouldn't let me attach a small map for you. I'll try again with the map next post.]

DarthBalmung
4 November 2005, 11:15 AM
Genji starts looking for parts to repair Spark with.
(1+17) search roll

red5_5
6 November 2005, 09:55 AM
Astarii switches off his blue blade, but keeps the hilt held tightly in his hand. Seeing the destroyed control panel in the next room and the ominous clank of droid feet, Astarii can't help but blurt out, "I've got a bad feeling about this." Turning to his companions, the young Padawan learner asks, "What's our next move?"

CaamasiJedi49
6 November 2005, 11:10 AM
"Ah, you go in first Jedi! I for one think you have the best chance of surviving a room full of droids, and I value returning to the capital with a paycheck instead of in a body bag."

Lord Diggori
7 November 2005, 03:22 PM
The glowrod's beam shines into Astarii's inquisitive expression.

"You're the warrior here." Suad looks the padawan up and down, "... Those steps are retreating from us, and we got a balcony above; two forms of entrance.

" I'll accept any tactical position behind ya. If I could afford personal shields wouldnt need this gig."

SmugglerJedi
23 November 2005, 02:33 AM
As Astarii goes into the room, his senses detect no droids. That noise of marching you heard earlier is in fact a door that is trying to shut, but something on the ground is blocking it. Sparks are also coming from a control panel on the other side.

As you walk to the door, you see on the other side that there is a corridor which quickly turns, preventing you from seeing what is down there - but on the ground there is a corpse, a corpse of a humanoid worker, his arm trapped in the door, now a mess. There's a blaster hole in his chest, but it's an exit wound - he must have been shot in the back.

Vice Man
23 November 2005, 04:15 PM
Draisen shuts down his lightsaber and takes a blaster rifle from one of the droids and extra power packs and slings it over his shoulder. He also takes a look at the droids and determines that there is nothing here that he could use. He kneels down and after a quick offering for the dead, he searches the body for anything that could be usefull. after that He stands and looks around at everyone, and after everyone looks like they are more or less done with what they are doing. he says "Ok i guess jedi in front then the shooters and someone watch the our back ok? good lets go" With that they head down the hall and cuasiously around the corner.

red5_5
25 November 2005, 11:28 AM
Astarii starts forward with Draisen, lightsaber still firmly in his grasp. Blast! What's going on here? Slightly scared, Astarii stays close to his fellow Jedi, trusting in their judgement. Now I wish my Master took me out of the Temple more often. Astarii glances around, waiting for something to pop out of the shadows.

CaamasiJedi49
25 November 2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Vice Man
Draisen shuts down his lightsaber and takes a blaster rifle from one of the droids and extra power packs and slings it over his shoulder. He also takes a look at the droids and determines that there is nothing here that he could use. He kneels down and after a quick offering for the dead, he searches the body for anything that could be usefull. after that He stands and looks around at everyone, and after everyone looks like they are more or less done with what they are doing. he says "Ok i guess jedi in front then the shooters and someone watch the our back ok? good lets go" With that they head down the hall and cuasiously around the corner.

Chaan knew he would regret this, but said, "I got your back Jedi." And with that Chaan feel behind Draisen.

SmugglerJedi
30 November 2005, 05:24 PM
There are 4 doors in the room. Two are on the far side of the room, angled away from each other. (The open door is the back left door.) The other two are closer to the outer wall, going parallel to the wall. Every door has a control panel next to it. You can't tell if they're functional or not.

There is nothing useful on the body, aside from a small holo of a young girl, smiling upwards with a beaming face, and a pay stub. As you look down the hallway, there isn't that many blaster marks, so it does not seem like there was a gargantuan fight here.

There is also the control desk in the center of the room, with a few lights blinking...

Vice Man
5 December 2005, 01:32 PM
Draisen goes to the control desk in the middle of the room and looks at the blinking lights and tries to determine what they mean. he also looks around for security camera monitors and a layout of this building. "Come here you guys" draisen says as he montions of jade "Jade hack in and see if you can find a layout of this place as well as any usefull info we will need or ay internal defences and sensors" he turns to the group, "I sugest we search the area a bit more at least until jade or someone comes up with a building plan" with that he makes a more carfull exmanination of the room

SmugglerJedi
9 December 2005, 04:34 AM
[OOC: I'm going to take control of Genji + Chaan for a sec. Sorry.]

Genji heads to the computer station, as he is the computer expert, and graciously accepts Jade's assistance as he tries to hack the computer system. It takes him some time to determine that the system is well protected, but he is able to determine there are no weapon systems in the building.

Peeking around the corner, Chaan sees the door at the hallway. Walking down about a meter (which is nowhere near the door) he notices two other portals leading sideways into other rooms, but they're both shut tight.

[OOC: Where is everybody?]

Vice Man
21 December 2005, 11:12 AM
Draisen looks around and when Chaan comes back and reports about the doors, he turns to Genji and Jade and says " do you guys think you can open those doors from that terminal and possibly open up the entire complex? If you can't thats fine, we can probably get through it with our lightsabers. also if you can get a layout of the complex that would be great, and then download it into jades memory banks, it would be a big help." he looks around the room just to see if there is anything else that might be in here, such as camera's.

(OCC: I have no idea where everyone is, but for me its been the holidays, family get togethers, finals, tiny things like that. but I should be able to at least look at this forum enough to post. anyway Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone.)

CaamasiJedi49
21 December 2005, 06:54 PM
[OCC:sorry for being late]

"Maybe, if their is a terminal I can work. I'll take a look."

[OCC: search check:4 + 2 (crap)]

red5_5
8 January 2006, 11:39 AM
Astarii stands around nervously, waiting for the others to lead on, lightsaber hilt still in his hand. This sure is creepy!

Vice Man
22 March 2006, 06:12 PM
OCC: Ok lets see if we can kick this Game in the butt and get it going again.

Jade Makes one More Attempt at at hack the console and mainframe to get a layout and maybe even interior sensors to get a look at where the bad guys are maybe even traps (Computer Use 11+ roll 15= 26 + may genjis roll)

Draisen looks around and see's alot of confusion and the other Jedi just looking around " Ok everyone here is how its going to go We wait until Jade and Genji finish up when we go down the hallway chann is down over the and slice open anydoors that are locked, Jedi and Mellee people in front ranged in back. When going in the room mellee people go straight ahead and ranged right behind going left and right to clear the corners. Any Qeustions?" after wiating a little bit then either "Ok, lets go" or " Any Other Questions?"

OCC: Lets kick some #@% hehehe