PDA

View Full Version : IC: Scales of the Force: Episode II

Gyp Ryol
16 June 2005, 08:00 AM
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. . .

Star Wars: Scales of the Force
Episode II: Corporate Undermining

A new age dawns for the Jedi Order. Jedi Masters complete their exhaustive search of the galaxy for Force-sensitive children, hoping to continue on the proud tradition of the Jedi. Masters of all stripes return to the Jedi Academy of Alsulondend IV.

Master Taselda Darillion has secured her own piece of the future of the Jedi Order. Seven new Padawan learners sleep soundly in their beds, awaiting the Jedi training that will meet them in the morning. The Jedi Order will have brave, new Jedi protectors.

And the galaxy will have need of such Jedi Knights to face the threats to come. Lurking in the shadows of the past come dangers to the future. Padawans will have to learn quickly in order to protect the galaxy. . .

[Camera pans left to reveal half of Alusuonded IV.]

An elegant space yacht flies stately by. The yacht, decorated primarily in gold ornamentation, seems to foreshadow the yachts of the Queens of Naboo in a far off age. The yacht flies down towards the planet, directly into its night side.

[Camera cut to: far shot of Kilometer City]

The yacht flies towards a tall, thin tower, which stands almost arrogantly over the farm plains of Alsulondend IV. The spire is brightly lit, looking almost as if someone lifted a skyscraper from Coruscant and planted it on Alsulondend.

[Camera wipe to: landing pad on Kilometer City]

A richly dressed, portly Human man stands waiting on the landing platform, nervously checking the chronometer on his wrist. Suddenly, the elegant yacht descends to sink its landing struts on the platform. A entry ramp hisses and begins to lower, opening a maw into the ship. A few moments pass, and the portly man inspects the interior of the ship, expecting someone to exit.

Eventually, someone does. The cloaked figure walks down the ramp, face still hidden in shadow. The portly man bows slimily. "A pleasure to see you, your Grace."

"Is everything in order, Phelix?" asks the shadowed face.

"Yes, your Grace, everything has been done per your instructions."

"Excellent. You may begin at once," smiles the cloaked stranger.

[Camera zooms out on the landing pad as the two men exit. Camera wipe to: a sun lit corridor in the Jedi Academy. The clock on the wall indicates 0925.]

Kai walks down the carpeted hallway. He takes a moment to take in his surroundings. He hears the rumble of the waterfall outside, and the whistling of the wind against the windows. From deeper within the academy, the hum and crackling of lightsaber training can be heard. Slight tingles across Kai's skin tell him that the Force was being used all over the academy.

"Stretch out, and feel everything around you..." says a small, calm voice behind Kai. He turns to see who is speaking to him, but he sees no one. Looking around, he sees no speaker or anything of the sort. Thinking for a moment, he writes it off as the mental projection of one of the Masters training their students. Then I must be close to the meditation rooms, he thinks, as he turns the corner.

And indeed he was. Several sound proof doors lined the two walls of the corridor he found himself in. Kai didn't know which one he was supposed to be in, and was about to simply pick one when someone bumped into him from behind. Kai heard a muttered "sorry" as turned to see Kajj standing there. Kai smiled and said, "No problem. Good morning. Say, didn't you want to see me?"

Kajj nodded and motioned to the nearest door. The two Padawans entered the meditation room.

All across the Academy, other students stirred from their sleep, while some were already hard at work, training to become Jedi Knights.

OOC: Kai and Kajj are free to have the little talk they set up last night. Everyone else can describe what their characters have been doing previous to this point. At the time of this post, you all have a half-hour before you meet with Master Darillion.

Ronin
16 June 2005, 08:15 AM
Kai sits cross legged opposite Kajj, takes a deep breath and begins...

"That wasn't the best coming-together of padawans last night...it got me thinking...not just about our situation: I trust our master's judgement and the will of the Force...but I started thinking about the Order, our power...how we use it, and how it should be used."

"Firstly, I wanted to discuss the confrontation and your part in diffusing it last night," he raises a hand, "before I begin, I beg you to hear me out. These are philosophical musings, not me trying to assign blame or say that anyone did wrong..."

"It is my thinking that a weapon should only be drawn if you have the conviction, willpower and the conscience to use it. You drew your sword to stop Wuf and Aleric from fighting...but isn't it wrong to keep the peace by the threat of force? Is it not oppressing the free will of others? Just how close to the Darkside dare we tread before we unknowingly find ourselves within that shadow?"
"And if, after drawing that weapon, Wuf or Aleric chose not to back down? If they had called your bluff does their unwillingness to submit to another's will justify the shedding of their blood?"
Kai asks in a neutral voice, almost a confused voice...a learner with many questions and too few answers.

"On a greater scale, why does the Jedi Order not command a fleet of warships so that we may keep our blades unsheathed across the galaxy lest anyone contemplate destroying the peace? Is it our unwillingness to enforce peace in such a way that is our greatest weakness?"
"In drawing your sword you prevented them shedding each other's blood, and no doubt saved them from expulsion from the Order. Your motive was just. Just to my eye, your eye and, I'm sure eventually, the eyes of Wuf and Aleric...but how many eyes must agree? Only those who are present?"

"You are, I realise, from a warrior culture, so I seek your view on these issues..."

CaamasiJedi49
16 June 2005, 10:06 AM
Kajj nodded as he listened to Kai. Interesting point's, I think. Kajj then slowly collected his thoughts and said, "On your first point, I disagee, yet agree. It isn't the Jedi way to keep the peace through force, but for a Druek its different. My people are enforcers, the military class of the Dominion. We have to keep the peace through force, as the Lio Quitas demand it. Once it was just something we did to ensure stability many millennia ago, but now it is second nature to act like that. Just because my father wishes to change that, and I am fully with him on it, doesn'tmeans that he can change an entire culture instantly. Peace through force is all we know right now."

" To get to your second point, it seemed as though peace through force was all Wuf and Aleric knew at the time. Would I have attacked them? Maybe. I can't tell you now since the situtation has come and gone."

"On your third point, I think that wouldn't work. A perfect example of why is with the Dominion. My people keep our blades and guns ready for anything, but now we, just like the other people of the Dominion, tire enforcing fear. Excessive force will only make people do one of two things, cower in fear or fight back. At some point people would fight back against the Jedi, just like the Dominion is beginning to fight back against the Lio Quitas. Luckily, full blown civil war hasn't erupted yet"

"And to hit your last point, the only eyes my actions need to be just are the forces. If the force believes I have done right, then I truly have done right. That is what I think." And with that Kajj takes a deep breathe and relax's.

Ronin
16 June 2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by CaamasiJedi49
Just because my father wishes to change that, and I am fully with him on it, doesn'tmeans that he can change an entire culture instantly. Peace through force is all we know right now."

"But your people, your father at least, does realise that peace through force, or the threat of force, is wrong...I wonder, how does your father propose to maintain peace?"

" To get to your second point, it seemed as though peace through force was all Wuf and Aleric knew at the time. Would I have attacked them? Maybe. I can't tell you now since the situtation has come and gone."

"But what about next time? Or if we were on a mission....two alien diplomats are arguing...it may come to blows...would you do the same? And would you enforce it with an attack if they called your bluff? Who do you attack? Would it not cause less damage to let them carry out their fist fight, rather than to strike one or both with a blade?"

"And if one or both parties did back down due to the blade between them, aren't we suppressing their right to fight for their opinion?"

"On your third point, I think that wouldn't work.... Luckily, full blown civil war hasn't erupted yet"
"Kai smiles, "I am glad we agree on this."

"And to hit your last point, the only eyes my actions need to be just are the forces. If the force believes I have done right, then I truly have done right. That is what I think." And with that Kajj takes a deep breathe and relax's.

"...and how are we mere learners to know the will of the Force...and to separate it from our own opinions and conscience?"

Kai realises he's throwing question after question at his new friend, but he thinks they are questions for which he, Kajj and perhaps all the others might need answers eventually...

skakid
16 June 2005, 06:28 PM
Zaisn pulled on his robe and carefully fastened his belt around his waist. The young padawan carefully adjusted his sleeves and ran his hand through his short black hair.
Excitedly he took a deep breath and smiled. The force was so strong here Zaisn almost felt like he could smell it. Taking a short second he finished slipping on his boots and quietly headed toward his meeting place with Master Darillion.

Luna-Wolf
16 June 2005, 07:20 PM
( ive seemed to gotten ahead of myself....no mention of the book in ic please, instead just imagine aleric reading some boring treateis on the application of heat to sand to create glass..lol..etc)
Aleric turned another page in the ancient book he had found in the tall grass while out on one of his walks a few days ago.
It was old, the pages tattered and frayed, yellowed by age, sometimes with splotches of some dark liquid or water upon them. The words were often faded and arranged in strange ways so that he needed to think about their meaning. The book while old, must have belonged to someone who lost it recently, since the plantings and harvests would have long ago destroyed it's delicate writings and binding.
It's cover was jet black and adorned in a strange collection of odd swirling patterns set in silver filigree that caused a faint nausea if stared at for too long, and the writing inside was small and cramped, difficult to make out if one did not read carefully.
Aleric had seen the sun shine upon it and he picked it up, curious about it. He had seen no one around and had pocketed it, taking it to his chambers in the academy and began to read, fascinated.
Its pages spoke of force, not the Force as jedi called it but violence, and the power inherent therein. It told of how all life revolved around the use of force. From birth to mating to death. it outlined the way force affected one in it's use and when not used. Not just blind physical force but mental aggression, manipulation and con artistry.
The Book so far seemed so out of place with the teachings he had learned from the jedi that he was tempted to throw it away, or tell a master about his discovery. But something about it seemed so reasonable.....so true.
The more he read the more he saw that the applications of force were every where, even here in the academy. Aleric sighed and turned another page, his eyes on the clock as he began to read abut the use of strength.

Lucas Carr
16 June 2005, 09:14 PM
Wuf awoke early and though he hadn't slept much, he was still rested. And remembering the words spoken by Master Varss last evening and how they had effected him, Wuf decided to meditate longer than he normally did.

As always, Wuf began by centering himself in the Jedi Code and in honor, so that he, in the coming day, would be guided both by honor, the Code, and the Will of the Force. Secondly, he revised all of his actions the previous day, so that he could see if he in any instance had acted incorrectly, and he had not. Thirdly, he meditated on the Will of the Force, and today that lead him back to Master Varss' words yesterday.

Originally posted by Gyp Ryol
"Do not presume you know what these obstacles are."

"A Jedi's life is one of constant learning, of selfless service, of tireless defense; one of weighing yourself on the scales of the Force, and divining its will."

"Listen to the Force."

Wuf meditated on what the obstacles where in his life. He meditated on the meaning of the second phrase, each part on its own, and all of it together. He also meditated on the meaning of the third, to see if there was anything he had missed in his attempts to listen to the Force.

After the mental exercise, he performed a much shorter physical exercise, devised to get his blood pumping, and get his body ready for another day.

After that, Wuf freshened up, located the eating area, and ate breakfast. He then continued to explore the academy, as he still had time before he was to meet with Master Darillion.

CaamasiJedi49
17 June 2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Ronin

"But your people, your father at least, does realise that peace through force, or the threat of force, is wrong...I wonder, how does your father propose to maintain peace?"

"Through law and order. He wants a system similar to a democracy. Like the democracy of teh Republic"

"But what about next time? Or if we were on a mission....two alien diplomats are arguing...it may come to blows...would you do the same? And would you enforce it with an attack if they called your bluff? Who do you attack? Would it not cause less damage to let them carry out their fist fight, rather than to strike one or both with a blade?"

"I would do the same as I did with Wuf and Aleric. People definitely think twice when a lightsaber is activated. If I let them fight, it could lead to far reaching violence later on between the two worlds. Lightsaber diplomacy, messy in the beginning, could save many lives in the end."

"And if one or both parties did back down due to the blade between them, aren't we suppressing their right to fight for their opinion?"

"But unneccesary violence is the way of the darkside. I would much rather sit through a war of words then a war of fist's."

"...and how are we mere learners to know the will of the Force...and to separate it from our own opinions and conscience?"

"At first we may not, but in time we will be able to know. I just went with my instincts, which told me what I thought would be right. We may not know the repercussions of my actions for a long time, but I feel the force will agree that I did what was best to ensure the least amount of violence."

Rostek
17 June 2005, 09:39 AM
Bren spends the immidiete aftermath of the meeting reading up on the history of the Jedi. Though undoubtedly bright, Bren had never focused much of his reading on the Jedi (generally, he spent most of his reading energy on spacefaring adventure novels).
While the materials he found were full of information- they were a bit dull.
These Jedi could do with a bit of style... boooring

Ronin
17 June 2005, 03:49 PM

"Through law and order. He wants a system similar to a democracy. Like the democracy of the Republic"

Kai nodded, he had more questions on the subject of Kajj's people and their future, but he thought it best not to push their friendship so soon.

"I would do the same as I did with Wuf and Aleric. People definitely think twice when a lightsaber is activated. If I let them fight, it could lead to far reaching violence later on between the two worlds. Lightsaber diplomacy, messy in the beginning, could save many lives in the end."

"I agree...but does it come down to numbers? We sacrifice these people," he held out his left hand, "so that we may save these," he held out his right hand. "How tipped must the scales be before it is a worthwhile sacrifce?"

"On a more practical level: lightsaber wounds are rather permament...if those alien diplomats were arguing it came to blows...how sever a wound would one deal? Take a finger? A hand? An arm?"

"But unneccesary violence is the way of the darkside. I would much rather sit through a war of words then a war of fist's."

Kai nodded again in agreement with his almost-similarly-named friend.

"At first we may not, but in time we will be able to know. I just went with my instincts, which told me what I thought would be right. We may not know the repercussions of my actions for a long time, but I feel the force will agree that I did what was best to ensure the least amount of violence."

"I too believe you did the right thing...I could see the others preparing to take sides and the violence would have escalated," he bowed his head, "I thank you for your counsel. Your thoughts on these issues are very useful to me."

CaamasiJedi49
17 June 2005, 04:00 PM

"I too believe you did the right thing...I could see the others preparing to take sides and the violence would have escalated," he bowed his head, "I thank you for your counsel. Your thoughts on these issues are very useful to me."

Kajj bowed his head back, "I am glad to have talked to you too. I haven't talked to many people since my father brought me here, so its good to be able to find someone I can trust. Do you wish to ask me about anything else? I will do my best to answer question if you have anything you want to know."

Ronin
18 June 2005, 04:34 AM
Kai nodded; "please tell me more about your people. You said there are the Dominion: a military class...and the Lio Quitas....a ruling class? You are all humans? Are there other classes? Is it possible for someone to change class?"

CaamasiJedi49
18 June 2005, 06:14 AM
Kai nodded; "please tell me more about your people. You said there are the Dominion: a military class...and the Lio Quitas....a ruling class? You are all humans? Are there other classes? Is it possible for someone to change class?"

"First off, we are not humans, we are a near-human like species. We're barely compatible with humans. Do not be fooled by our human looks, this chalky white skin," pointing to his arm, "is what separates me from humans.And don't ever mention that to a Druek or a Drueg either. Both would find that offensive. You are very lucky I understand your ignorance. But I digress, onto my people."

"The Dominion is a huge Empire which only started 2000 years ago. It formed out of a war between the Lio Quitas and the Druek and the Drueg. The Lio Quitas are an insect people from the world of Vircono, which is a neighbor to Dorig, the home of the Druek and the Drueg. The Lio Quitas evolved in the methane tunnels of their worlds, and have to where a suit when on Vircono's surface, which is mostly oxygen, or in any other environment. By that time the Druek had conquered the Drueg and had been using them as a worker class to help build their war machine. The Vircono's had created their own slave species, the Ver, from themselves to be used as a worker and warrior class since its seen as distasteful for a Lio Quitas to actually fight. When the war came to a stalemate, both sides agreed to talk. At this time my people were unsophisticated, so we made a foolish agreement. We would become the sole military arm for the Lio Quitas, if they allowed us to keep fighting. The Lio Quitas wanted to be the rulers, but also to be able to dabble in military command. Both sides agreed."

"The next issue was what to do with the Drueg, and eventually the other species they would find. Both sides decided to make a social class system. The Druek and the Lio Quitas were considered the most important in this system, and were given the most rights. But the Druek had to be in the military, no exception, and the Lio Quitas had to be in the government, heads of business, or the military. The Drueg, and later the Fornique, who are both from the Dorig system, were next on the social ladder. They had considerable rights, but again were stuck doing worker class jobs, though both could rise to mid-level managment in business. All other species of the Dominion, like the Corsallians, who became a sizebale minority in Dominion, and other could have low level jobs in business's. Then their is other species from outside the Dominion, who are generally allowed simple jobs. Then their are humans, who are generally shunned by everyone. Humans aren't a welcome species in the Dominion, but thats surprising since so many of the Dominions people are a near human like species."

Ronin
18 June 2005, 06:26 AM

"First off, we are not humans, we are a near-human like species. We're barely compatible with humans. Do not be fooled by our human looks, this chalky white skin," pointing to his arm, "is what separates me from humans.And don't ever mention that to a Druek or a Drueg either. Both would find that offensive. You are very lucky I understand your ignorance. But I digress, onto my people."

Kai bowed his head, "my apologies."

As he continued to listen to Kajj explain about his people, Kai was astounded at the apparent size of the Dominion...and it's structure.

"Please pardon any further mistakes or assumptions, but are all the races of the Dominion happy to do the Lio Quitas's bidding? There aren't rebellions?"

"And you say your father is trying to change the system to democracy?"

CaamasiJedi49
18 June 2005, 06:57 AM

"Please pardon any further mistakes or assumptions, but are all the races of the Dominion happy to do the Lio Quitas's bidding? There aren't rebellions?"

"And you say your father is trying to change the system to democracy?"

"For a while, their wasn't rebellion, especially when the borders grew and the Druek ahd something to do. But once we had conquered around 300 worlds, the Lio Quitas had the Druek war machine stop. Once everyone understood what they were in for, and were no longer distracted by wars going on in far off systems, things changed. The Druek were called in to bully the people into submission, but the Druek were at first against it. When the Lio Quitas pointed out that we were disgracing our fore-fathers good name, we gave in and started to supress the rebellions."

"But some Druek, like my father, were disgusted at how an honorable people like the Druek were stuck just bullying people. The Druek outnumbered all other species, he knew, so why shouldn't we, the Druek, have more say. The Lio Quitas killed off many of those who thought those thoughts, afraid of where they would go. Luckily my father was just reprimanded. But once news of this spread, many Druek began to wonder, what are the Lio Quitas holding from them. Words have been flying for years now, a subtle rebellion on the verge of civil war. If it would occur, it would destroy the stability of the region."

"After my father was reprimanded, he was able to gain hold of a copy of the Republic's constitution. He was amazed by it, and wanted to see the Republic with his own eyes. He went to Coruscant for a year, and when he returned, began to organize the opposition groups. Telling them about democracy, many wanted it. Nearly everyone, even the Druek, get short-changed. No one even has a say with who our ruler, the Archduke, is. And since our ruler is supposed to be our spiritual and all round leader of the Dominion, said my father, shouldn't the people decide who he is?"

"Since my people are a long living people, 500 years, this rebellion of words has been going on for a while. But it has pitted Druek against Druek, something my father doesn't want ot have. But time will tell whether violence or diplomacy will topple the Lio Quitas."

Ronin
18 June 2005, 07:03 AM
"If, as you say, the Druek are the military might of the Dominion, surely united you could bring down the Lio Quitas? And with the support of the Drueg and...the Ver?" he said, trying hard to remember all the new races he'd learned of in the past few minutes.

"It doesn't sound like the Lio Quitas would accept a diplomatic solution..." Kai mused.

CaamasiJedi49
18 June 2005, 07:09 AM
"If, as you say, the Druek are the military might of the Dominion, surely united you could bring down the Lio Quitas? And with the support of the Drueg and...the Ver?" he said, trying hard to remember all the new races he'd learned of in the past few minutes.

"It doesn't sound like the Lio Quitas would accept a diplomatic solution..." Kai mused.

"If it was that easy, I assure you it would be done. But many Druek are hesitant to rise up agains the Lio Quitas since it would me going against the word of their elders,a taboo action. And the Ver, well, they are jsut watered down clone versions for the Lio Quitas, they have no free will, no thoughts. They would follow those damn Virconians to hell and back if they could!" Kajj then went wide-eyed. Did he really say that, has he gotten as bad as some of the Separatist Druek. "Please excuse my rudeness. It is wrong of me to call the Lio Quitas Virconian's. For them, that is a derogatory term to never be used or else you are killed, immediately." Kajj bowed his ahead in apology.

Ronin
18 June 2005, 07:15 AM
"No, no. Don't worry," he smiles, "I don't think you need to have any love for the Lio Quitas...if you know some good insults for them...good! Might come in handy one day..."

"Well.....you say your father sent you here. But if he wanted you to be a great warrior, sending you to become a Jedi might not be the best course...and since you say your father loves the ideals of the Republic...it seems you are to be a peacemaker, my friend." He smiled and leaned forward to offer Kajj his hand.

CaamasiJedi49
18 June 2005, 07:27 AM
Kajj looked at Kai confused, "ah, why are you offering me your hand? I don't understand this gesture."

Ronin
18 June 2005, 07:36 AM
A laugh escaped Kai's lips and he smiled at Kajj; "In the Republic we often shake hands....when we meet, when we part, to strike a deal, to make peace, to recognise a friendship. How about in the Dominion?"

CaamasiJedi49
18 June 2005, 07:38 AM
Kajj shurrged, "depends on the species. But the more or less norm is to bow."

Ronin
18 June 2005, 07:40 AM
Kai tilted his head, "works for me," then, still sat, he bowed forward, touching his forehead to the floor of the meditation chamber...he assumed that, like most cultures who bowed, the depth of the bow was important. He hoped he was right.

CaamasiJedi49
18 June 2005, 07:43 AM
Now it was Kajj's turn to laugh. "You bow to me like a lowly Raq. Come now, we are friends, you do not need to bow so deeply. Do it like this," said Kajj as he bowed to about a 90 degrees."

Ronin
18 June 2005, 07:50 AM
Kai smiled back, "aaah. Whatever." And repeated Kajj's gesture.

"Well, I hope we can get on with the other padawans as easily...I hope to take with all of the others too at some point...even Wuf. I don't suppose you, coming from a warrior culture, have any insight about our honour-bound fellow?"

CaamasiJedi49
18 June 2005, 08:01 AM
"Yes I do," said Kajj with a smile. Kajj stood up and said, "don't isnult his honor. Be kind and understanding with him, but when he tries to push you around, only meet him with equal force. If you try to over power him, he will be threatened by you. Now if you don't mind," extending his hand out to help Kai up, "I think it is time to get something to eat."

Ronin
18 June 2005, 08:08 AM
"I'll give it a try," he smiled and took Kajj's hand.

His stomach grumbled as he stood, "hmm...good idea. Let's eat," and he followed Kajj out of the meditation chamber and too the mess hall.

red5_5
20 June 2005, 04:42 PM
Tadia wakes up and climbs out of bed. It feels weird not having my family here. Grabbing her clothes, she dresses quickly and gets ready for the meeting with Master Darillion. I don't have time to send my parents and aunt a letter yet, I'll have to do it later. Tadia throws on her cloak and exits the room. Turning down a hallway, she goes in search of the meeting place.

Gyp Ryol
20 June 2005, 08:25 PM
All across the Jedi Academy, the clocks softly intone ten chimes, indicating the arrival of 1000. The training of the next generation of Jedi Knights does not pause to mark the passage of time, continuing its grueling course of the arts of the Force and physical conditioning.

Aleric races down the corridors of the Academy, focusing only on one fact: he was late. He could not remember where all the time had gone, or how he had lost track of it, but that did not matter now. The young Jedi Padawan finally reaches the meditation corridor, but is unsure of which room to enter. Then he spots an open door and cautiously peeks in. He sees Master Darillion sitting in front of the other six Padawans, her form outlined by the light streaking in through the shaded windows.

As Aleric attempts to softly enter, Master Darillion startles him by saying, "Please close the door behind you, Aleric. We do not want to be disturbed." The boy nods and dutifully closes the sound proof door, shutting out the sounds of the Academy with a puff of air.

Master Darillion nods in return as Aleric sits. "Good morning to you all. Due to the length at which the Council ran last night, I did not get the proper chance to meet you all." She smiles an all too-familiar smile to Bren and Tadia. "My name is Master Taselda Darillion, though you are to call me 'Master Darillion' or 'Master' until you are raised to the rank of Jedi Knight, and will have no more use of my teaching."

Her face becomes more serious, as if approaching the heart of the matter at hand. "Aside from Bren and Tadia, I only know you by name, and by the recommendations of the other instructors here. But these are only words, not true measures of your abilities or potentials. Those things can only be seen and understood, truly and fully, through the Force." She gazes at each of the Padawans, seeming to intensely study each of their features, despite the blindfold on her face.

"Ah, yes. Through the Force, I can see the image each of you projects. Every living thing, no matter how small or simple, makes an impression in the Force. It creates an aura that can be detected by those who are astute enough. The more complex a creature, the more complex the image that is projected. A man holding his baby son may create an impression of joy and pride. A woman standing at the grave of her relative may exude an aura of sadness, even despair.

"And those in touch with the Force create the strongest, most lasting impressions in the Force. The strength of this impression is obvious even to those who are unable to hear the whispers of the Force. The very presence of a great Jedi Master may create feelings of peace, while one twisted with the Dark Side might exude feelings of anger, hatred, and fear. For those barely trained in the ways of the Force, such as yourselves, you are at the double risk of not only feeding your negative emotions, but also remaining unaware of the impression of those emotions in the Force.

"Here starts your first lesson as my Padawans. Last night, Master Varss mentioned 'weighing yourself on the scales of the Force.' In order to do so, you must first be aware of how the Force interacts with you, and how you interact with the Force. Through doing so, you will gain awareness into what impression you make on the Force through your actions and choices.

"So now," says Master Darillion, placing her hands, palm upwards, extended out to her sides, "close your eyes, still your thoughts, and focus on how the Force has manifested itself in your lives, and how you in turn have reacted to it. Identify as many emotions you may have attached to these moments. Discern why you felt the way you did, and consider how this would affect the impression you make on the Force." She bows her head in meditation, assuming her new students will follow in suit.

CaamasiJedi49
20 June 2005, 08:50 PM
Kajjs follows Master Darillions lead, and bows his head in meditation. Yet, Kajj found it hard to decern his emotions from past events. He attempted to think harder about this. He felt, sadness, and anger, when his father had to leave him here. He also felt joy, happiness, and fullfillment when, before his father left, he gave him his Druek sword. I felt this way because, even though I was leaving my home, my way of life, my family, I would always been considered Druek now with my sword. I would be an equal among the elders.

Equality. That meant little in the Dominion though. Kajj was reminded of a time when he meet the Archduke, which was a month before he left for the Academy. That Lio Quitas was beating a fellow Druek right infront of Kajj and his father. The message was clear: don't try to rebel or else. Kajj felt such overwhelming anger then. If his father hadn't put his hands on his shoulders, he probably would had lunged at the Archduke. How could a person hurt another for expressing their mind. Kajj knew it was wrong to do that, and wanted to save is fellow man, but also inflict proper justice for the tyranny the Archduke inflicts. If their is a greater evil, he must be a Sith Lord, because no one could be crueler then the Archduke in Kajj's mind.

Kajj then tried to relax. He was focusing on the negative, something he knew wasn't right. He needed to relax.

Lucas Carr
21 June 2005, 12:53 AM
Wuf closed his eyes as instructed, cast his thoughts back in time, and attempted to emulate the all seeing eye.

The first emotion came to him quickly, even before he closed his eyes. It was honor. Master Dane had taught him that Jedi should be as "a shining beacon in space" and Wuf felt honor to stand in that capacity and in pursuit of that goal. It was honor of being picked as a Padawan when none of the others were.

He felt empowered as he grew in strength, knowledge, and understanding of the Force and the lightsaber.

And lastly, he felt happy when he was able to help the needy, for he knew what it felt like to be needy. He had been mocked and derided for many things as he grew up. For being born as the youngest, smallest, weakest, and ugliest of his insignificant branch of the family. For being lifted up to the station of a Baran Do Sage in training, much higher than his family and most of the other children. For being seen as a resource that had to be cultivated in this less afluent realm. On and on and on.

skakid
21 June 2005, 04:44 AM
Zaisn carefully closed his eyes. Meditation was the one thing that had always helped him relax, to reach that inner sanctuary he'd grown to identify as the Force.

As he tried to call forward the feelings of peace that comforted him so often he found a slight tinge of anxiety that surprised the padawan. Why was he worried. . . about what was he worried? He didn't exactly know, but choosing to banish the feeling Zaisn tried to "open" himself to the Force and let that sensation of peace and relaxation wash it away, but it didn't work. Like a small rock sticking its head out of the ocean that twinge couldn't be swept away by the small waves of peace he was able to conjour up.

Realization swept across his face as he began to theorize. This was exactly what Master Darillion was talking about.

Ronin
21 June 2005, 07:31 AM
Kai took a place on the floor of the meditation chamber between Kajj and Zaisn.

After listening to Master Darillion's words he too closed his eyes and let himself drift on the ocean of his memories. All too often he got distracted by strange images when he meditated...he put it down to his often over-active imagination, and hoped that it wouldn't happen this time. When he thought he was meditating deeply he would see visions of other planets, people and sights he had never seen before. At first he had thought that he was experiencing visions of the future...yet he knew they were too clear for someone as unskilled as he...so he put it down to his imagination, refocused his will and began again.

Almost as if the harder he tried to stay on course...pointing his mental ship toward calm waters, a strong current began to push him off course...the images of his days training here in the Temple faded...there was a brief sight of the inside of an escape capsule: that he knew must have been one of his deepest, earliest memories...but then he was lost in images of lush rainforests, rolling fields, steppes, hillocks and dense forests...the place had an aura of peace and calm...it felt like home, though Kai knew that he was originally from Kuat...a planet different from the one he saw.
Clearly, again, his imagination had led his meditation astray. He sighed deeply and furrowed his brow in concentration, willing the images to clear.
Eventually he found calm and peace.
And it felt false.

red5_5
24 June 2005, 01:43 PM
Tadia sits down on the meditation chamber next to Bren. Smiling in greeting, Tadia thinks, Bren seems like a nice guy and I've known him the longest. I'll have to talk with him later to see what he's thinking about being a Jedi trainee now.

Then, Tadia turns her attention to Master Darillion as she begins the lesson. She listens to the Master, finding some of her topic hard to grasp. I haven't done anything like this before. I guess it's just trial and error. Tadia closes her eyes and try's to remember the times that she has touched the Force. I remember when I used the Force to comfort patients in the hospital on Naboo. I guess that I've always had a way with calming people down. Going even deeper, Tadia discovers childhood memories of her talent.

How was I able to touch the Force? It's almost like it came naturally, but how do I call on the Force regularly? Confused, Tadia continues to conjure her memories and waits for Master Darillion to continue.

Rostek
24 June 2005, 02:32 PM
Bren returns Tadia's smile. Good to know at least someone is sane in this class.

He sits down on the floor for "meditation"- being a busy brain by nature, Bren has some trouble quieting down his mind.
Why are we doing this? Because the Jedi Master says so... Shut Up!
Ahhh.... that's much better- wait, DAMMIT, I'm still talking to myself.
Finally, Bren quiets his mind enough to meditate- he begins to hear the feelings of the other occupants of the room in his head, quiet voices, whispering.
So I guess this is "the Force"... No differant than what I normally get. I guess it's just a natural deal. he thinks.

Luna-Wolf
24 June 2005, 06:07 PM
"close your eyes, still your thoughts, and focus on how the Force has manifested itself in your lives, and how you in turn have reacted to it. Identify as many emotions you may have attached to these moments. Discern why you felt the way you did, and consider how this would affect the impression you make on the Force

Aleic shifted, still abashed for being late, and settles down on the floor.
Listening to Darillion's words he closes his eyes and emptys his mind. He thinks back to all the times hes felt the force and and how hes worked with it. His connection to the force has always been tenuous at best and down right sketchy at worst. But there were times...when in the grip of an emotion, or when he was in his quarters reflecting afterward that he felt, truely felt the force within him. Those times always were fleeting however and left far too quickly, leaving him feeling empty.

skakid
26 June 2005, 07:37 PM
Zaisn swallows as he looks up to his master. Inside his mind's eye he can see the vision playing out again and again. The human carefully looks at the rest of the padawans for any indication that they had similar visions.

Finally Zaisn speaks up. "Master, a . . . a vision I've never. . . so vivid." The padawan looks up to Master Darillion hoping for some kind of answer or direction.

Lucas Carr
26 June 2005, 10:32 PM
Wuf, having been caught in his Force Vision, suddenly realized that his eyes were open, whereas they hitherto had been closed. It was a vivid vision and as Zaisn spoke, it was clear that he had had a similar vision.

And though Wuf had not seen this coming, nor had he had a similar experience in the past, but it didn't surprise him. Just as the Force had never surprised him when it spoke to him. And it wouldn't surprise him if all of them had had similar experiences.

CaamasiJedi49
27 June 2005, 07:19 AM
Sweat runs down Kajj's face as he looked into his force vision. When he saw the face, and the sword, Kajj started to softly say no, until he screamed it out and fell on his back. Out of breathe, Kajj tried to make sense of where he is, and then he remembered he's at the academy. Kajj ignored the looks of surprise from those around him and got up. He faced Master Darillion with a very pale look on his face. He seemed on the verge of tears when he said, "No more, I wish to see no more. These visions are no better then the dreams I have here. I wish to take a rest from this now Master." Kajj then bowed his head and waited for her decision.

Ronin
27 June 2005, 08:07 AM
Kai opened his eyes at Kajj's scream to find his collegue lying on his back, sweating and in clear distress. By the Force, what did he see?!

Kai looked from Kajj, who seemed exceedingly distraught, to their new master. This was a side of Kajj he hadn't seen...and Kai could guess that his vision must have been related to the situation in his homelands...

Gyp Ryol
28 June 2005, 05:12 AM
Master Darillion considers Kajj's face seriously for a moment. Finally, she says softly, "If you leave here now, you do so out of fear, thereby allowing the Dark Side a victory, and an influence in your life. Fear is a powerful emotion that has lead countless beings to the Dark Side. Your training demands that you confront these emotions here and now, in the safety of the Academy and with the support of your instructors and fellow students."

She pauses, scrutinizing Kajj through her blindfold. "It is, of course, your choice, whether to stay or to leave, Padawan."

OOC: I would kindly ask that those people who have not recieved a "SotF: New Character Knowledge" PM from me could please refrain from posting until you recieve said PM.

Thank you,
The Management

CaamasiJedi49
28 June 2005, 07:00 AM
Master Darillion considers Kajj's face seriously for a moment. Finally, she says softly, "If you leave here now, you do so out of fear, thereby allowing the Dark Side a victory, and an influence in your life. Fear is a powerful emotion that has lead countless beings to the Dark Side. Your training demands that you confront these emotions here and now, in the safety of the Academy and with the support of your instructors and fellow students."

She pauses, scrutinizing Kajj through her blindfold. "It is, of course, your choice, whether to stay or to leave, Padawan."

Saddness washed over Kajjs face when he heard what Master Darillion had to say. He agreed, but he didn't wish to face that future he saw. "But Master, I saw my future, I saw myself fighting Voch`if. If I am to fight him, that only confirms my fears for the future of my people."

Kajj fell on his knees now, tears streaming down his face, "What am I to do Master, to avoid this fate? How am I stop the future from ahppening?" Kajj held his head in a bow, waiting for Master Darillion's responce.

[OCC: no, I didn't through random letters together for Voch'if, Im actually using an alphabet I made for the Druek language]

Lucas Carr
28 June 2005, 02:47 PM
Wuf looked at Kajj, but what he saw no longer was a man of honor. He saw weakness.

"Nothing is certain about the future," he said directing his words at Kajj. It is a hall of mirrors. Realign or shatter one of them and what you see will change. You have seen the future and so the power lies in your hand to either follow or lead."

Ronin
29 June 2005, 06:00 AM
Wuf's words are lost on Kai as his eyes close and he slips back into meditation...though it was not what he willed...it simply happened.

As the first vision passed Kai saw it for what it was, or what he believed it was...a message from the Force itself...

But the second vision...it had seemed so real...and yet so strange. Who was the figure he had seen? Was it a vision of his own future? And had that voice been his own? He didn't recognise it, and yet it seemed familiar.

This was all very troubling to Kai, who sighed. As soon as possible he would seek to discuss his visions with the Master...and perhaps question her about the figure he had seen...

Gyp Ryol
29 June 2005, 12:50 PM
"If you wish to learn, you must first calm yourself. An agitated mind is a confused mind," says Master Darillion unperturbed by Kajj's breakdown.

After giving Kajj a moment to collect himself, the Jedi Master continues. "Now listen carefully, my Padawans. The future is constantly in motion. Every single choice we make in every moment of our lives alters the future. Thus, we can only get gleanings of the future, but only through strict concentration and trust in the Force."

She extends a hand to Kajj, and he feels his fears and sadness melt away as he looks upon her face. She radiates calm and peace, and Kajj feels more at ease. "The compassion you show for your people goes beyond simple ethnic pride. Such care for others will aid you well on your path to become a Jedi, but you must not allow yourself to be blinded to the sufferings of others by the sufferings of one people."

She pauses, putting a hand to her forehead. "It feels as though all of you have been touched by the Force in a special way, for each of you radiates strongly in the Force at this very moment. The glow is fading, as the moment of clarity is most likely passing for you. There is much work still left to be done for all of you, but I feel as though you have great promise."

She stands, folding her arms into her robes. "This lesson is finished, for now. I will not have the opportunity to have another lesson such as this until two days from now. Consider what you experience this day, and make full use of the resources of the Academy. The library is open to you, and you may want to talk to Master Poncket in order to arrange for some lessons with the Academy's instructors. I have left...suggestions with him as to what each of you should study, but the choice is ultimately yours. If you have questions, I will be able to meet with you briefly outside Lecture Hall #12 in three hours. Have a pleasant morning." And with that, Master Darillion opens the door to the meditation chamber and leaves the students where they are.

CaamasiJedi49
29 June 2005, 01:18 PM
For some reason, Kajj finally felt at ease. as the students and Master Darillion left. Kajj smiled, knowing that what he saw was not the definite future. But, if my destiny is to fight Voch`if, he reasoned, then I must speak to Master Darillion about this. So she at least knows.

Kajj walked to the library quickly to get a datapad filled with news of the Dominion, none of it was ever good news if you looked beyond the business section, but at least he knew what was going on. He then walked to Lecture Hall #12, and sat inside, waiting for Master Darillion.

Skimming through the headlines, he notices a name: Lan Ko'alar. Head of the Ko'alar family had gotten married to Alav Jandar. Good for him, thought Kajj, Lan always did want to marry 'she with the biggest pocket book'. Kajj chuckled and continued to read.

Luna-Wolf
29 June 2005, 02:35 PM
The vision Aleric is subjected to serves to calm and focus his mind. he listens intently to Master Darrilion, and then heads to the libary to speak with Master Poncket so he can find out what Darrilion has in store for him. He enters and finds Poncket, bowing he asks "I have come for additional training master Poncket, what do you suggest?"

red5_5
29 June 2005, 02:54 PM
Tadia exits her meditation energized and hopeful. She had come to Alsulondend IV unsure of what she would find. But, Tadia chose right when she left Naboo. The Force has given me a great gift and I wish to further my education. The vision has given her hope for her future and the futures of others. Now, I have to learn how to fully realize my potential. The Force came to her easily during the meditation, but now the energy field is slowly fading away. I need more training.

Tadia listens as Master Darillion finishes the lesson and thinks about her new life. This is going to be really different from Naboo. Turning to Bren, Tadia smiles and says, “Well, that was intersting. I’ve never experienced anything like that before.”

Continuing the conversation, Tadia adds, “I was going to browse through the library and meet Master Poncket, would you like to come?”

Rostek
29 June 2005, 06:38 PM
Bren is jarred back into reality as his unanticipated vision ends.
Coughing voraciously, Bren leans forward to clear his lungs.
Must be a psycosomatic reaction to the vision- I was choking there, now... Well- thankfully it was only a vision. he thought.

“Well, that was intersting. I’ve never experienced anything like that before.”
Bren coughed a final time- "Likewise." he said with a sardonic smile.
"Still... that was kind of weird." he adds after a moment of thought.

Lucas Carr
29 June 2005, 10:14 PM
Wuf listened to Master Darillion, though nothing she said about the future was new to him. Master Dane had already taught him of such things, though Wuf as yet hadn't pursued that path.

He had planned to ask her for a new lightsaber, but she had left the meditation chamber too quickly. And instead of standing up quickly and rushing after her like a weakling, Wuf waited. He would see her in three hours and he would ask her then.

Consider what you experience this day, she had said. Not only what they already had experienced during their meditation, but what they still would experience before the day ended. Had she looked into the future? Or was she merely speaking as a teacher?

At first he had seen his vision as symbolic, as something the Force wanted to teach him, rather than some actual event. But Kajj had seen the future, or thought that he’d done so. So Wuf considered if he too had seen the future, perhaps there wasn’t anything symbolic with the vision he had seen, or perhaps the Force accomplished both its purposes with one vision.

And now she had sent him to Splotch, the nickname Wuf mentally had given to Master Poncket, in the library. Wuf supposed it was the natural order of things to find a weakling like the Dean of Students in a weakling place like the library.

But the meditation was over now, it was an essential part of being a Jedi, though before today Wuf had done it more out of duty than anything else. Today he had seen how powerful the practice could be. He also wondered what his Master had ‘suggested’ for him to learn and several unbidden answers to that question ran through his head in rapid succession.

He was tempted to linger at some of them, but in the final analysis they were nothing but speculations and lingering would lead nowhere. Instead Wuf rose and left the room. He consulted one of the wall terminals to locate the library and went there immediately.

When he arrived at the library, Aleric was already there. He knew that if Aleric had been waiting in line to see Splotchy, Wuf would have bypassed Aleric in that line. But there was no line and Aleric was already addressing the Jedi.

skakid
30 June 2005, 04:57 AM
Zaisn sat silently for one moment more and reflected in the force. Inside his stomach churned he couldn't believe the force would lead anyone to fight another person except in extreme circumstances.

He didn't have any experience with destiny. Perhaps it was the future he saw. Perhaps only a hint of what the force had in mind for him. However it seemed in almost direct conflict with those around him.

The padawan's only option was to speak with a Master to gain their perspective on the issue. As he wandered into the meeting place Master Darillion said she'd be at Zaisn was surprised to see Kajj already waiting.

"Greetings," Zaisn a large friendly smile on his face. "Kajj is it? I take it you're here to confir with Master Darillion on your vision as well."

CaamasiJedi49
30 June 2005, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by skakid
"Greetings," Zaisn a large friendly smile on his face. "Kajj is it? I take it you're here to confir with Master Darillion on your vision as well."

"Hello to you too, Zaisn is it? You are correct about my name, I am Kajj. And yes I am here to see Master Darillion and," holding up a datapad, "see how my home is doing. Come, take a seat. Lets talk. I have really only gotten to know Kai, so I guess since we will all be training together, I might as well find out a little of yourself aswell. Tell me, where are you from anyways?"

skakid
30 June 2005, 05:40 AM
"That's a good question," Zaisn replied with a chuckle. "I don't know. I was born on a pirate vessel in the outer rim after my mother was captured by them. Shortly after my birth they made the mistake of unknowingly attacking a jedi diplomatic mission."

Zaisn paused for a second wondering what to say. "That jedi brought me to be trained. I suppose I'm from no where. I hope it helps me be seen as a good outside mediator. What about you? Where are you from? What are your people like?"

CaamasiJedi49
30 June 2005, 06:03 AM
"That's a good question," Zaisn replied with a chuckle. "I don't know. I was born on a pirate vessel in the outer rim after my mother was captured by them. Shortly after my birth they made the mistake of unknowingly attacking a jedi diplomatic mission."

Zaisn paused for a second wondering what to say. "That jedi brought me to be trained. I suppose I'm from no where. I hope it helps me be seen as a good outside mediator. What about you? Where are you from? What are your people like?"

"I am a Druek, from Dorig. It is the capital of a Empire spanning 300 worlds, mostly in the Mid-Rim, partly in the Outer Rim as well. We live in a highly structured society based on race, where inequality is rampant. My father wishes to change that, but the more and more he tries peaceful solutions, the more and more violence is used by the Archdukes supporters. Oh yes, almost forgot, we are lead by an Archduke, who is a Lio Quitas. They are from the third planet farthest from out sun, Vircono, and one of the four races of the system."

"My people, to be frank are on the verge of killing each other over the Archduke and our society. Many want change, many want a democracy, but that likely won't happen without bloodshed. My people are a militant lot, so any civil war would be very destructive. Many of other races also want freedom, but it isn't forth coming. Time will tell how this situation will work out."

"But I am probably boring you. On to lighter topics. I wonder, do you know your mother, before you joined the order?"

Ronin
30 June 2005, 06:33 AM
Last to leave the meditation chamber, Kai had thought long and hard about what he should do next...he decided that he needed to put a name to the face.

Heading to the Temple's library he went to a free computer console and looked for some kind of register of Jedi, or physical-recognition software...

(since he's not exactly a genius with computers, Kai'll ask for help from the chief librarian or a knight if possible/necessary)

skakid
30 June 2005, 07:16 AM
"My mother?" Zaisn shook his head and smiled. "I thought you wanted a lighter topic. The pirates killed her the day the Jedi saved me. Just another consequence of needless fighting."

The padawan leaned back slightly and bit his lower lip. Dare he ask? "What are your feelings on these visions? What if your vision seemed to directly clash with another persons?"

CaamasiJedi49
30 June 2005, 09:11 AM
"My mother?" Zaisn shook his head and smiled. "I thought you wanted a lighter topic. The pirates killed her the day the Jedi saved me. Just another consequence of needless fighting."

The padawan leaned back slightly and bit his lower lip. Dare he ask? "What are your feelings on these visions? What if your vision seemed to directly clash with another persons?"

"I'm sorry, you didn't indicate that she was killed so I didin't know. Fortunately, I guess, for me, I know both my mother and father, and both are alive, for the moment. Again, I'm sorry for mentioning it, I thought she was still alive."

"Now my vision, you ask? Good question. If it is true, then everything my father has worked to do will be undone. If it isn't to be, then their is hope. I don't seem to understand your second question though."

skakid
30 June 2005, 10:27 AM
"I'm sure some jedi believe they are destined to win great battles and such," Zaisn offered. "I feel the force is leading me to prevent these things. A Jedi should be a mediator not a warrior."

CaamasiJedi49
30 June 2005, 06:22 PM
"I'm sure some jedi believe they are destined to win great battles and such," Zaisn offered. "I feel the force is leading me to prevent these things. A Jedi should be a mediator not a warrior."

"Who says we can't be both. Why do we have lightsabers if we are peacemakers and mediators?"

skakid
1 July 2005, 05:01 AM
"I feel that the lightsaber . . ." Zaisn stopped mid sentence and sighed. "We're both only low level padawans here right? So this is just an untested theory, but . . . "

Zaisn stopped he wanted to phrase it correctly, but here was a time when diplomacy failed him miserably. "Lightsaber's are a contradiction. They are said to be an extension of the jedi through the force. The force is life. Lightsabers end life. When a jedi wields a lightsaber that must mean he uses to force to tear at itself. Much the same way the dark side uses the force to tear at anything, everything, whatever it is the dark side is after at that moment."

CaamasiJedi49
1 July 2005, 07:21 AM
"I feel that the lightsaber . . ." Zaisn stopped mid sentence and sighed. "We're both only low level padawans here right? So this is just an untested theory, but . . . "

Zaisn stopped he wanted to phrase it correctly, but here was a time when diplomacy failed him miserably. "Lightsaber's are a contradiction. They are said to be an extension of the jedi through the force. The force is life. Lightsabers end life. When a jedi wields a lightsaber that must mean he uses to force to tear at itself. Much the same way the dark side uses the force to tear at anything, everything, whatever it is the dark side is after at that moment."

"But, that lightsaber may end a life, to save one, or many others. But I can understand your hesitants with using a lightsaber. It is a weapon that can do great good, like saving innocent lives, and great evil, by taking innnocent lives. The lightsaber isn't the issue though, its the weilder."

skakid
1 July 2005, 08:47 AM
"True. But are there not other ways to save those lives? Isn't the lightsaber just the easier choice? The violent choice?" Zaisn responded.

CaamasiJedi49
1 July 2005, 07:24 PM
"True. But are there not other ways to save those lives? Isn't the lightsaber just the easier choice? The violent choice?" Zaisn responded.

"Depends if its the first or last option being used. But I trust the force will guide our actions when it comes to violence. I trust it knows what we're doing and will give us some warning when we do wrong."

CaamasiJedi49
7 July 2005, 01:12 PM
"But anyways, how old are you Zaisn," asked Kajj casually.

Gyp Ryol
16 July 2005, 11:51 AM
In the large lecture hall, Zaisn and Kajj debate, their voices echoing off the walls of the marble stonework. The room looks as though it would seat about 150 people of Human size, though larger aliens would have to create their own space. The clocks softly intone 1045 outside, noting the last of the hour. The two students had been talking since 1030, and Alsulondend's sun was growing brighter through the Academy windows.

After the clock's chimes, a group of students begins to file into the lecture hall. The students look a little older than Aleric and Kajj, and seem to carry themselves with a little more assurance. A few cast some curious glances to the two young Padawans sitting in the lecture hall, but apparently think little of it and take their seats. The class is comprised of beings of various races, though the majority of them seem to be Humans.

Eventually, a Wookiee wearing ill-fitting Jedi robes enters the room and takes his place at the podium at the head of the class. He adjusts the microphone on the podium towards his mouth and gives a slight growl into it. A gravelly male voice comes over the speakers. "Test. Test. Everyone hear me? How about in the back?" He looks around, looking for any raised hands.

He presses a few keys on a near-by keyboard, flashing some words in various alien languages. Kajj recognizes a bit of Durese, which he translates to say, "Please put on your translators if you do not speak Basic." At this, Kajj notices a few aliens, and even some Humans, put some sort of earpiece on.

"All right then," says the Wookiee. "I'll call roll, and then we'll continue last week's discussion." The Wookiee calls out a list of names, and students respond with "here" or "present" in their own languages. A few names he repeats, and makes a note of their absence on a datapad. Satisfied, he asks almost by reflex, "Is there anyone's name I haven't called?"

Kajj and Zaisn share a look to each other.

Meanwhile, in the library, Bren and Tadia browse the tidy shelves of the library together. Kai begins searching through the enormous library electronic databases, searching for the figure he had seen. He finds he is navigating through the database on guesses and hnunches rather than an actual idea of what he's doing. A Jedi librabrian comes over to Kai's console. The female librarian says, "Having some trouble?"

Over in Master Poncket's office, which is set apart from the library by a nice greel wood door, the old Twi'lek Jedi Master looks up from his computer at Aleric. "Yes? What do you want?" he asks, somewhat grumpily.

"I have come for additional training, Master Poncket. What do you suggest?" asks Aleric.

"What do I suggest? Humph. You don't want to know. Doubt you'd like it." Indeed, Aleric had heard some terrifying rumors of the rigorous training Poncket had put his own Padawan's through. However, whatever Jedi Poncket had trained (that managed to survive) were some of the most durable of the Order, so the rumors went.

Poncket taps his keys, bringing up a new datafile on his computer. "Lucky for you, Master Darillion already made a few course suggestions for you. Let's see what she has for you..." He trails off, squinting as he reads the screen.

"Just as I thought. Standard Lightsaber Techniques with Master Snegha, Introductions to the Inner Force with Master Zug, History of the Jedi Order with your own Master Darillion, and Alternative Solutions: Education and Application with Master Eenthoacha." He presses a button and a sheet of flimsiplast with your schedule zips out of the printer.

Poncket hands the schedule to Aleric and says, "Now, if there isn't anything else, it looks like I have another little guest," referring to Wuf. "What do you need?"

CaamasiJedi49
16 July 2005, 12:12 PM
Kajj raised his hand, "You haven't called my name Master."

Lucas Carr
17 July 2005, 10:53 PM
"Master Darillion said that you had her suggestions for my continued training," Wuf said. "That is why I am here."

Wuf kept an eye on Aleric, wishing that he'd have a lightsaber at his side.

skakid
18 July 2005, 05:02 AM
Zaisn raised his hand too. "Nor mine." Quietly he wondered what it was he had gotten himself enrolled in.

Ronin
18 July 2005, 07:46 AM
Kai begins searching through the enormous library electronic databases, searching for the figure he had seen. He finds he is navigating through the database on guesses and hnunches rather than an actual idea of what he's doing. A Jedi librabrian comes over to Kai's console. The female librarian says, "Having some trouble?"

"Yeah, just a bit," Kai says after bowing to the librarian, "I'm trying to identify a Jedi...I think. He is," Kai almost wondered if he should have said is, was or will be to the librarian, but he knew he probably seemed to know very little about what he was doing already, "a Quarren. Male. And wields a purple lightsaber."

"I know it's a pretty tall order, but if you could help me identify this person I would really, really appreciate it..."

Luna-Wolf
19 July 2005, 05:37 PM
Aleric looked at Poncket straight on. "What do you suggest Master Poncket? I want something that will test me to the limit of my abilities. after all, isin't it said "train hard, fight easy? Mentally and physicaly, I'll take all you offer"

red5_5
23 July 2005, 07:46 PM
Tadia browses through the bookshelves with Bren, but she isn't really paying attention to the books. Stealing glances at Bren, Tadia looks him over making sure his injuries aren't bothering him and for another reason that Tadia never expected. He is a handsome man. But why am I thinking this? I've only known him a few days and we haven't really had a chance to talk. At seventeen years of age, Tadia had certainly had crushes on men, but this seemed different to her. Well, I did help save his life.

Banishing her thoughts, Tadia speaks, "Bren, do you want to go talk to Master Poncket for our assignments? I'm sure that you don't want to hang out in the library with me all day."

Rostek
24 July 2005, 05:10 PM
Bren spends his time wandering the library looking over the various books and datacards, trying to decide which history he should read first.
Despite his penchant for racing, Bren was no laser-brained fool.
He was quite fond of reading and, aside from the occationed bit of repair work or watching entertainment programming on the 'net, Bren used much of his spare time doing just that.
Totally oblivious to anything going on around him and focused on the materials on the shelf, Bren was taken slightly off guard by Tadia's comment.

"Bren, do you want to go talk to Master Poncket for our assignments? I'm sure that you don't want to hang out in the library with me all day."
"Huh... oh- On the contrary, I quite enjoy libraries, but if you wish to speak to Master Poncket, I suppose I would do well to do so as well.
Lead the way." he replied, looking back after the shelves with a final glance.

red5_5
24 July 2005, 05:16 PM
"Huh... oh- On the contrary, I quite enjoy libraries, but if you wish to speak to Master Poncket, I suppose I would do well to do so as well.

Tadia turns away from the book shelves and starts walking. I didn't think that he enjoyed libraries. With a slight grin, Tadia says, "I wouldn't expect that a racer would be interested in reading. So, where did a racer like yourself find time to read? I had all the time in the world on Naboo, but I never seemed to get around to reading as much as I liked to."

Rostek
24 July 2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by red5_5

Tadia turns away from the book shelves and starts walking. I didn't think that he enjoyed libraries. With a slight grin, Tadia says, "I wouldn't expect that a racer would be interested in reading. So, where did a racer like yourself find time to read? I had all the time in the world on Naboo, but I never seemed to get around to reading as much as I liked to."

Absentmindedly, Bren laughed a bit-
"Well- when you're only job of consists of five minutes of flying a week, plus 20 hours of maintainence or practice, I've had plenty of time over the years to get my reading done."

Gyp Ryol
26 July 2005, 04:25 PM
In the lecture hall, the Wookiee seems to squint to make out the two beings in the back of the lecture hall. Many of the students turn around in their chairs to get a better look at the new students. The Wookiee inspects his computer screen, searching for something. Leaning towards the mike, he says, "I don't have any notification of transfers. What are your names and the name of your Masters?"

In the library, the librarian who is now helping Kai frowns slightly. "I'll say that's a tall order. But we have a database to rival Courscant's, so we'll give it a go." She motions for Kai to scoot over, and she begins to do an advanced search for a Jedi matching Kai's description.

(OOC: GM rolls behind screen)

The librarian finishes, and looks rather surprised. "My goodness. It looks like the information you're looking for is restricted, my dear." She looks at Kai with concern. "Where in the galaxy did you find out about this?"

Upon reaching Master Poncket's office, Tadia and Bren discover the old Twi'lek Master giving Aleric a good once-over. Then he smiles crookedly. "You come see me once you get past this basic training, and then I might have something for you. Now shoo, I've got you're friends to manage." He brings up Wuf's schedule, and a copy of it zips out of the printer.

On it, the schedule reads Standard Lightsaber Techniques with Master Snegha, Introductions to the Inner Force with Master Zug, History of the Jedi Order with Master Darillion, and Introduction to Astronomy and Space Travel with Master Ralqual.

Master Poncket grunts as Bren and Tadia enter his office. "And you? I suppose you'd like your schedules too?"

red5_5
26 July 2005, 04:40 PM
"And you? I suppose you'd like your schedules too?"

Tadia bows respectfully and answers, "Yes, Master, I would like my schedule." Looking over to Bren, she waits for him to answer. I wonder what classes I'll have. This is weird, it's so similar to school back on Naboo, with the schedules and everything. Tadia stands quietly and waits for Master Poncket.

Rostek
26 July 2005, 04:53 PM

Master Poncket grunts as Bren and Tadia enter his office. "And you? I suppose you'd like your schedules too?"

"Indeed I would, Master." Bren says, awaiting with a measure of curiousity what he had no doubt would be an interesting experiance.

[OOC: I smell Hogwarts, Gyp ;)]

Gyp Ryol
26 July 2005, 05:17 PM
[OOC: Oh really? Probably a nasty rash on your rump. I hear they have an ointment for that now. You should have that looked at. :P]

CaamasiJedi49
26 July 2005, 05:39 PM
In the lecture hall, the Wookiee seems to squint to make out the two beings in the back of the lecture hall. Many of the students turn around in their chairs to get a better look at the new students. The Wookiee inspects his computer screen, searching for something. Leaning towards the mike, he says, "I don't have any notification of transfers. What are your names and the name of your Masters?"

"I am Kajj Saldor, and I am learning under Master Darillion."

Lucas Carr
26 July 2005, 10:24 PM
Wuf looked at his schedule. Before he had always learned from people he respected. Now they were asking him not only to learn from those who had earned no respect, but from people he didn't know at all.

He didn't like this at all. But his Master had died yesterday and things were different now. He didn't have much choice. He decided not to ask Splotch about a new lightsaber, he would ask Master Darillion when he met her later.

Ronin
27 July 2005, 06:15 AM
The librarian finishes, and looks rather surprised. "My goodness. It looks like the information you're looking for is restricted, my dear." She looks at Kai with concern. "Where in the galaxy did you find out about this?"

Kai looked about, as if the Jedi in question were going to suddenly appear, then returned his gaze to the librarian. "A vision. A very strange vision. That's all I can say really," he sighs, "I don't suppose you can get me access to those files? Or who could? I have a terrible feeling that it's very important."

Kai was determined to get answers...or at least more information to help him understand his visions....

Gyp Ryol
1 November 2005, 07:18 PM
The crusty Twi'lek Jedi Master makes a face as he pulls up the schedules of Bren and Tadia. One would think that a Dean of Students would be a little more warm and friendly, but apparently Poncket was the exception that proved the rule. In short order, five sheets of flimsiplast were thrust into the hands of Bren and Tadia.

"Here," growls Poncket, "there's you two's schedules, and the schedules of the other three of Master Darillion's students. Make sure they get them. "Now, I know you all probably have questions, but I've got a meeting with--well, an important meeting. So just ask Master Darillion, y'hear?" With that, Poncket rises, jiggling slightly, and shuffles his way past Darillion's students crammed into his small office.

Left to their own devices, the students compared schedules and discovered they all shared the introductory courses to lightsaber combat and the Inner Force, as well as their own Master's history class. But they all had different classes, ranging from astronomy, intoductory medicine, and something called "alternative solutions."

Over at the computer, the librarian gives Kai a good once over. "You talk to your Master about this and get written permission from her, and I'll see what I can do to get you access to this." She smiles. "I have to say, I'm very pleased to see a new student so interested in history."

Meanwhile in the lecture hall, the Jedi Wookiee lets out a kind of guffawing laugh. His translation reads, "Master Darillion, eh? Well then, you're welcome to stay. She'd like you learning this stuff anyway. All right then class, let's get started. Last time we were in the middle of discussing the third Gerrictain conflict and it's social implications..."

The Wookiee then begins a very long and engaging lecture on the Gerrectain conflicts and how they served as good exercizes in indentifying the causes of war. The students engage in small debate about it, and generally the atmosphere is very energized.

The lecture lets out early, and the Wookiee gives the two new students a wave as he leaves.

All the students realize they have two hours before Master Darillion said she'd be available.

[If there's anything specific people would like to do in the time remaining before meeting with Master Darillion, speak now or forever hold your peace...]

Ronin
2 November 2005, 06:06 AM
Kai thanked the librarian, promising to get his master's permission and to return as soon as he could.
He then headed to see master Poncket.
"Master. Master Darillion suggested that I visit you...she said that she had left study suggestions with you..." Kai said with raised eyebrows, "and I was wondering if you could recommend someone who would be able to tutor me in the interpretation of visions...to enhance my abilities...?"

Luna-Wolf
6 November 2005, 09:56 AM
Aleric nods and turns away, walking to the entrance and checking out his schedule. "Looks pretty good to me, alternative solutions should be fun, the lightsaber class too." He glances around for the time, sees that theres about two hours till hes due for Master Darillion, and decides to go visit Master Snegha and get introduced to that class. The Padawan grins as he heads down the hall. "Hey, who knows? Maybe I'll learn something first day of class."

Lucas Carr
7 November 2005, 07:33 AM
Wuf left the library after checking his schedule, as there wasn't anyone there he felt inclined to speak to. As he found the first terminal, he looked up Master Varss' office and quarters, as he didn't believe the Headmaster would stay in the Council Chamber at all times.

He then proceeded to the closest of those three locations in search of the Master and in hope of convincing him to take him on as a student. Either as a Padawan, though that seemed unlikely here, or at least in a class, either in addition to the four he had already been given or by replacing one of them.

CaamasiJedi49
7 November 2005, 10:56 AM
Kajj left the auditorium and decided to meditate in his room until it was time to meet Master Darillion.

red5_5
25 November 2005, 11:32 AM
Tadia takes the schedules from the Twi'lek Jedi Master, bows and says, "Thank you, Master." Then, Tadia helps Bren handout the other student's schedules. Once they finish, she asks Bren, "Would you like to look around the place until we meet with Master Darillion? I'm sure that we could find some amazing stuff. "