PDA

View Full Version : Black Sun starfighers (Supas?)

Corpus Juris
21 June 2005, 01:00 AM
Hi

Does anyone know where I can find info, including pictures and stats (preferably D6), for the fighters used by Black Sun/Xizor Transports System during "Shadows of the Empire"? I think they are called Supa fighters.

If at all possible, I need this info by tomorrow. 8o Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Garan
21 June 2005, 01:29 AM
http://people.freenet.de/FeltenGaran/supa_fighter.gif
http://skull104.hp.infoseek.co.jp/xwadata/data00/dat0014.jpg

X-Wing Alliance Datafiles

Supa Starfighter build by Joraan Drive Systems
In Use By Various
Shield Rating 80 SBD
Hull Rating 38 RU
Speed 89 MGLT
Acceleration 16 MGLT/second
Maneuverability Rating 88 DPF
2 (imperial) Lasers, 1 Ion, 2 Launchers (6 Torpedos total)

(X-Wing stats as comparison)
X-Wing build by Incom Corp.
In Use By Rebel Alliance
Shield Rating 50 SBD
Hull Rating 20 RU
Speed 100 MGLT
Acceleration 16 MGLT/second
Maneuverability Rating 75 DPF

I won't try to make stats but
Stronger Shields and Armour
More Manoeuvrable
Slower at Sublight
They have Hyper-drives and Nav-Comps
I would use 2 TIE Interceptor Lasers, One Y-Wing Ion Canon and the X-Wing Torpedo Lauchers for Weapon stats

Hope that helps. ;)

wolfe
21 June 2005, 02:24 AM
well i think i'll point you over to 'ol Freddy Bs place..

Supa fighter (http://rpggamer.org/stats.php?page=d6/d6supa.html)

but the black sun IIRC was using the starviper fighter during that time..

Corpus Juris
21 June 2005, 02:29 AM
Wow! Thanks to both you for the very quick replies. Funny thing, though, I was looking around at FreddyB's site, but I couldn't find the Supa... :? Well, maybe I didn't look hard enough. Thanks again.

Garan
21 June 2005, 05:18 AM
but the black sun IIRC was using the starviper fighter during that time..

Aron metinoes in X-Wing Alliance that the Supa replaced the Star Viper as standard Black Sun Fighter and that was a while before the Battle for the Suprosa and the Fall of Xizor, though they most likely used both, beside a lot of other fighters. :)

I personally always preferred the Supa Starfighter over the Viper (or an X-Wing), because of it’s Ion Weapon, which makes it a much better Pirate Fighter then the Viper and it looks a lot better. :D

wolfe
21 June 2005, 07:01 AM
ahh, knew they were in there.. been awhile and remember the rather odd fighters..

kaeroth
21 June 2005, 08:25 AM
There're also the trio (light, medium, and heavy) of Black Sun fighters you can fly in Galaxies' Jump to Lightspeed thingie. I don't play it, but i'm a big fan of pictures of stuff. How do the ships (and i suppose, events) of that game fit into the "official" chronology? i mean, the Dark Forces stuff became official enough for Kyle to make it into books; could the ships ( the Hutt and Black Sun fighters, and notably the new Tie variants) from Galaxies count as "real" Star Wars vehicles?
Oh. i have some pictures of those Black Sun ships, too, if anyone wants 'em. You can get 'em off the JtL website, too.

Faraer
21 June 2005, 10:23 AM
Everything in Star Wars Galaxies is in-continuity except elements that are distorted for gameplay reasons.

In general, Star Wars videogames are no less official than the books: more so, if anything, because LucasArts is closer to Lucas than third-party licensees.

Garan
21 June 2005, 11:45 AM
Anything but direct game play stuff is full EU canon . Gameplay things are things like Kyle being able to take several hits from a Blaster, or how much damage a ship can take in X-Wing Alliance, how much nova you need to build jedi in SW Battlegrounds, the stats of the SWG stuff etc.

That also includes things looking different (artistic liberty ;)) , same as in Comics (which I am thankful for, because some of the really old marvel stuff and dark empire stuff is just painful to look at.) Also for games with several possible outcomes the “good” ending is normally the canon one (Kotor, Dark Forces).

The problem with SWG is that it completely lacks a storyline and thus doesn’t add much more to SW Lore then item background and the stuff on the Lucasarts homepage.

[qoute]In general, Star Wars videogames are no less official than the books: more so, if anything, because LucasArts is closer to Lucas than third-party licensees.[/quote]

Actually SWG is made by Sony, not by Lucasarts (as far as I recall it was just a licences thing that they added the Lucasarts Logo) , though your argument doesn’t really count, if it has the Star Wars Logo on it and is a official product it is an EU source, unless it is Infinites. :)

Faraer
21 June 2005, 04:56 PM
It's designed and programmed by Sony Online Entertainment, but LucasArts bears creative responsibility for it. I'm sure you can understand that one source can be more authoritative, in practical terms, than another that formally has the same C-canon classification in Leland Chee's database.

wolfe
21 June 2005, 05:37 PM
im begging please dont turn this into a who/what has more authority debate. :D
its already been done quite a few times..

I know it hasnt yet, just trying to nip it in the bud so to speak..

i thought i was remembering correctly about the JTL having black sun fighters but wasnt positive so never mentioned them..

thanks guys now he probably would like stats for all of them... LOL
hmm now come to think of it so would I... LOL

Corpus Juris
21 June 2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by wolfe
im begging please dont turn this into a who/what has more authority debate. :D
its already been done quite a few times..

I agree. And in any event, in every campaign, the GM is the final authority. To paraphrase Palpatine: I am the Game! He he...

I'm sticking with the Supa fighters, because they are cool. They were also mentioned in Christopher McEloy's unofficial Shadow of the Empire film adaptation. In case any one is interested, I have a Shadows of the Empire-based adventure coming up

Garan
22 June 2005, 01:17 AM
I'm sure you can understand that one source can be more authoritative, in practical terms, than another that formally has the same C-canon classification in Leland Chee's database.

Yes, practically you pretty much have to do it, especially if there are contradictions, which I must sadly point out Lucasarts has the biggest skill of creating, even against itself. In Rebel Strike Jan Dodonna makes it of Yavin, in Battlegrounds he doesn’t. In Rouge Leader the Tydirium is stolen from Prefsbelt, in X-Wing Alliance from Zhar. The X-Wing Alliance Database makes most ships far longer then they are according to other sources (2km Imperial Class Star Destroyer, more then 100 Meter Suprosa, bigger IPVs etc.). And that’s just stuff I can name at the top of my head. ;)

I personally tend to thus be very sceptical of Lucasarts sources and if there is a contradiction I use what the rest of canon backs (Dodonna doesn’t make it of Yavin, the Tydrium is stolen from Zhar, the ISD is 1,6 km etc. pp.). Just my two truguts on the topic. :D