PDA

View Full Version : Short Stories for the Rise of the Empire Infinities Sourcebook Needed...

Treefrog
6 July 2005, 07:42 PM
CaamasiJedi49 and myself are working on the Rise of the Empire Infinities Sourcebook, and we would like to include short stories from many of the talented writers here on the holonet. To give you an idea about what RotE Infinities Sourcebook is about, here is a timeline to give you an idea:

ABN = After the Battle of Naboo:

0 ABN -
• The Trade Federation is defeated by combined Naboo and Gungun forces. Obi-Wan Kenobi is slain by the Sith Lord, Darth Maul. Darth Maul is forced to retreat by a spectacular series of thrusts and parries by Qui-Gon Jinn. Qui-Gon Jinn is granted leave to train Anakin Skywalker as his Padawan.
• Darth Maul disappears.

2 ABN -
• Count Dooku leaves the Jedi Order and upon leaving, warns Qui-Gon Jinn about a Sith threat. With this information, Qui-Gon begins to watch the Senate and Jedi Council more closely.
• The bounty hunter, Jango Fett, is hired to be the template for a clone army.
• Qui-Gon secretly begins to accelerate Anakin's training.

4 ABN -
• Qui-Gon and Anakin secretly travel to Tatooine and free Shmi Skywalker from Watto. Shmi then settles on Naboo after traveling there with Qui-Gon and Anakin.
• The Senate is in shock as the Senator from Alderaan, Bail Antilles, is assassinated in the Senate lobby, by an unknown assailant. Viceroy Bail Organa arrives on Coruscant to assume duties as the new Senator, intending only to fill the position until a new senator can be elected. Senator Organa is overwhelmingly elected to fill Senator Antilles position permanently.
• Over the next five years, twenty senators are assassinated by person or persons unknown.
• Padme Amidala is reelected as Queen of the Naboo.

5 ABN -
• Qui-Gon puts Anakin before the Jedi Council as a candidate for Knighthood. Because Anakin is the youngest human to ever be nominated for the Jedi Trials at the age of fifteen, he is given a seemingly impossible series of tests, which Anakin passes with distinction, thus attaining Jedi Knight. Anakin travels to Naboo to visit his mother and Queen Amidala.
• The Jedi Council receives information that Darth Maul is attempting to resurrect a long dead Sith Lord - Exar Kun. The Jedi Council sends Qui-Gon and Anakin to intercept Darth Maul before he succeeds.
• Darth Maul is slain by Qui-Gon and Anakin within the Great Temple on Yavin IV. Both Jedi are observed unseen by the Dark Jedi Asajj Ventress. The Jedi Council orders Qui-Gon and Anakin to continue their investigation for any more leads from Darth Maul's possessions. Using a Sith technique to cause Qui-Gon and Anakin to fall asleep, Asajj Ventress steals into their encampment and removes a lock of both Qui-Gon and Anakin's hair - in hopes of securing her master's pleasure at the potential for clone templates. She then departs from Yavin IV to meet her master on Raxus Prime. Qui-Gon and Anakin discover records of another Sith Lord in Darth Maul’s possessions. They transmit their findings to the Jedi Council.
• The Jedi Council refuses to consider Qui-Gon and Anakin’s report that there is a Sith Lord in charge of the Republic.
• The Senate is thrown into confusion when twenty star systems vote to secede from the Republic.

6 ABN -
• Qui-Gon Jinn goes into self-imposed exile, and disappears from Republic and Jedi Order intelligence.
• Shmi Skywalker leaves Naboo and returns to Tatooine. She then settles on the outskirts of Mos Eisley. After 6 months, she catches the eye of moisture farmer Cliegg Lars. They then marry after a short time.
• The Kaminoan, Ko Sai, along with her staff, disappears from Tipoca City, Kamino. Numerous off-world starships are seen removing material from Tipoca City's Military Education Complex. When curious Kaminoans ask these offworlders why and for whom the material is intended, they are informed that a new cloning facility is being prepared on Faa, Kamino’s sister world.

8 ABN -
• At this time, 500 star systems have now seceded from the Republic, and have chosen Count Dooku to represent them. Count Dooku proposes the creation of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, with himself as leader.
• Terrorism against Republic officials and Jedi is on the rise.
• Padme Amidala steps down as Queen, once her second term is finished. Her successor, Queen Jamillia asks Padme to accept a senatorial position, to which Padme accepts.
• Anakin begins to voice his doubt of the role of the Jedi to the Jedi Council. He then informs them that he will be going into seclusion to meditate on the will of the Force. Anakin travels to visit his mother and stepfather on Tatooine. He then confides to them that he is contemplating his abandonment of the Jedi Order. He then sets out to find Qui-Gon.

9 ABN -
• Two pieces of legislation surface that would reestablish an Army of the Republic, and a Republic Navy. Senator Amidala is recalled to Coruscant to vote on this piece of legislation.
• Senator Amidala’s diplomatic cruiser is hijacked by members of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. To their anger, the Senator is not on board; however, they transmit via holonet, the assassination of Senator Amidala’s decoy.
• Anakin Skywalker resurfaces on Naboo. He informs the Jedi Council of his decision to leave the Jedi Order. Anakin refuses to relinquish his lightsaber and in a flurry of lightsaber form, defeats five Jedi Knights sent by the Jedi Council to enforce the Council’s decree. He then publicly denounces the Jedi Order, and that he will join Count Dooku and the other Separatists.
• An additional 1000 star systems secede from the Republic and join the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

10 ABN –
• The legislation marked to reestablish an Army of the Republic and a Republic Navy are passed unanimously. The Prime Minister of Kamino announces to Chancellor Palpatine that 1 million clones are ready for deployment, with an additional 5 million ready within one year. A select group of Senators (Senator Bail Organa and Senator Amidala head the Senatorial delegation) and Jedi (Masters Windu and Yoda) arrive on Kamino to ascertain the capabilities and training regimen of these clones.
• The rise of terrorism and secession of star systems begin to pressure the Republic. In a stop gap measure, to satisfy the loyalists, Chancellor Palpatine is given emergency powers in order to safeguard the Republic. The Jedi Council warns the Supreme Chancellor that the Jedi will be hard pressed to defend the Republic.
• While speaking in front of supporters, Count Dooku is attacked by Republic loyalists. A firefight then ensues.
• Count Dooku, newly elected as President of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, declares war on the Republic.
• Queen Jamillia of Naboo is assassinated by an unknown assailant. All potential leads end in dead ends. Public support for the Republic deteriorates rapidly.
• Senator Amidala resigns her position as Senator from Naboo.
• Naboo declares its support for the Confederacy. The Nabooian constitution is successfully amended to allow its monarchs to be in the position for life.
• Padme Amidala is reinstated as Queen of Naboo.
• Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala are wed publicly in Theed.
• The Separatists make a daring attack on Kamino’s clone facilities. Although the CIS is thwarted from taking the planet, General Grievous, and his troops successfully destroy all future generations of the Republic's clones. Horrified by the wanton slaughter by his commander, General Grievous and amid the confusion, Anakin Skywalker decides to continue his mission and slips into Tipoca City and manages to steal a batch of clones and their caretakers, along with the programming and materials necessary for producing mature clones rapidly.

11 ABN –
• The design team behind the development of the KSE Aethersprite-class Delta-7 Jedi Starfighter defects to the Confederacy of Independent Systems. They bring along with them, all of the design specs of an improved Delta-7 that they have been working on. With input from Anakin Skywalker, the new Eta-2 Actis-class starfighter is put into full production for all organic soldiers that the Confederacy has in its army and navy.
• During a lull in the war, Anakin confides to Padme that he may have been mistaken about abandoning his Jedi vows and regrets his role in helping the Confederacy, and its success in the war.
• Incom/Subpro begins mass-production of its latest starfighter – the ARC-170 and KSE is given the go-ahead for mass-production of the V-Wing starfighter.
• Anakin personally delivers his resignation as Commander of Starfighter Deployment to President Dooku, due to the extreme savagery of his commander, General Grievous. President Dooku watches helplessly as all of the remaining former Jedi, 30 in number, that have defected to the Separatists emulate Anakin Skywalker, and leave the Confederacy as well. Anakin agrees to meet with them at a later date.

12 ABN -
• The war for the Republic is going badly. The Confederacy of Independent Systems now controls half of the known galaxy, with thanks from their new clone troops.
• It is announced that Queen Amidala is pregnant with twins.
• Martial Law is declared on all remaining Republic worlds.
• The clone facility on Faa has perfected its clone facilities to produce fully mature clones within a year and secretly informs Chancellor Palpatine that they are ready for mass production. Chancellor Palpatine desperately pleads with the Jedi Council to authorize the cloning of Jedi to bring this war to a close. The Jedi Council, due to attrition, sees the use of this new facility as a way to replenish their ranks and agree, although Master Yoda has grave misgivings about it.
• Anakin Skywalker secretly enters the Jedi Temple. He is drawn to the Jedi Archives to a rarely used portion of the Jedi library. There he finds an ancient holocron that seemingly and inexplicably has drawn Anakin to it. The holocron's gatekeeper, through telepathy tells Anakin that the Jedi have lost their way, and because he is the Chosen One, it is Anakin's duty to rebuild what was lost. Anakin then contacts each of the former Jedi and arranges for them to meet him on the planet Dantooine. There he will give them each a new purpose from the will of the Force, a new order - The Bendu.
• Asajj Ventress, now known to her master as Darth Tyranus, secretly arrives on Faa, and with the help of a duplicitous member of Ko Sai’s staff, deposits her stash of Qui-Gon Jinn and Anakin Skywalker’s hair sample, in order to create clones for her master. During the cloning process, Assaj introduce Sith teaching within the flash-learning program. Upon their completion, the Qui-Gon and Anakin clones are spirited away to Thule, in order to indoctrinate them fully into the Sith.

13 ABN -
• The beginning of the campaign...

What we have in mind is to include at least one short story per chapter. If you come up with something, please PM us with your stories, and we will make a decision on it.

Please keep the timeline in mind when writing them...

And thanks.

-Treefrog

NarCranor
7 July 2005, 01:51 AM
This actually sounds really cool for an infinities campaign.

Treefrog
7 July 2005, 04:16 AM
Thanks.

CaamasiJedi49
7 July 2005, 04:54 AM
We try, what can I say.

Caamasi Jedi49

Treefrog
9 July 2005, 01:23 PM
Does anyone want to help us out?

Corr Terek
9 July 2005, 03:35 PM
Does anyone want to help us out?

I might be able to...what exactly are you looking for? Are we talking "themed" stories, that follow the theme of each chapter? Or just random stories?

I have a few different characters available right now...

Aduro -- An Aruzan. Former Padawan of Eryn Serv'laya, Jedi Redeemer. He lost his Master on a mission to the lost planet of Dessek Four, sometime during the ten years between TPM and AOTC. On said mission, he met the Farghul dancing girl Alli, and set her free. The Jedi Council did not look kindly on their budding relationship, and Aduro voluntarily left the Order. Aduro acquired a freighter and a motley crew -- a Wookiee, a Trandoshan (both of whom owed separate life debts to Aduro) a Twi'lek, and Alli. He greatly respects Anakin, and when Anakin announced his decision to leave the Order, Aduro shifted his rickety freighter into high gear and blasted toward Naboo.

Master Raiyat Kahn and Padawan Kai Tredlan -- An eccentric Jedi Master and his young Padawan. Loyal to the Republic, but not condoning the more...extreme measures taken.

CaamasiJedi49
9 July 2005, 06:33 PM
We would liked themed stories based off the timeline in each respective chapter.

Chapter 1: years 0-9 ABN

Chapter 2: year 10

Chapter 3: year 11

Chapter 4: year 12

Chapter 5: year 13(though i don't think we need a story for that at teh moment)

Caamasi Jedi49

Corr Terek
10 July 2005, 10:11 AM
We would liked themed stories based off the timeline in each respective chapter.

Okay. I'll see what I can do. I can give basic thoughts here, but I'll save outlines for PMs, I guess. And what length, word-wise, are we looking at?

Chapter 1: years 0-9 ABN

Thinking of dealing with 4 ABN, and the events leading up to Bail Organa's election.

Chapter 2: year 10

Hmm...the advance scouts for the CIS on Kamino?

Chapter 3: year 11

Toss-up -- either following Anakin as he resigns from the CIS, or else the defection of the Eta-2 design team.

Chapter 4: year 12

Following Anakin infiltrating the Jedi Temple.

CaamasiJedi49
10 July 2005, 05:01 PM
Thats a good start. If you can, lets talk over AIm or MSN. You can pm me your name, I will do likewise. I like your ideas, but I want to really talk to you about this, just so that I understand what you want to do.

Caamasi Jedi49

Treefrog
19 July 2005, 07:35 PM
Other than Corr Terek, are there anyone else interested in doing any short stories for this sourcebook?

Snib Snub
19 July 2005, 08:25 PM
I should be able to help out. I'll send you a PM with a link to my private gaming site so you can get an idea of my writing style and if it suits what you are looking for.

Treefrog
6 August 2005, 12:42 PM
Has anyone else considered doing any other short stories?

DarionA'res
6 August 2005, 03:02 PM
I'll volunteer my namesakes story and the story of his father DamionA'res. It needs to be in there anyway if I am gonna have them as part of the campaigns. It's a good idea for stories I think. Anyway, I'll try and get it done for ya Treefrog, I know I disappeared for a while and what not, I'll try not and let that happen again.

Lucas Carr
7 August 2005, 04:06 PM
I'd like to participate, though I find it easier to tell a story that is longer than a short story. Though perhaps I can think of something.

DarionA'res
12 August 2005, 04:31 PM
Did we ever determine a story length? I don't know how lengthy Damion's story will be but I have started it.

CaamasiJedi49
12 August 2005, 06:04 PM
2-3pages, single spaced.

Caamasi Jedi49

DarionA'res
14 August 2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Corr Terek

I might be able to...what exactly are you looking for? Are we talking "themed" stories, that follow the theme of each chapter? Or just random stories?

I have a few different characters available right now...

Aduro -- An Aruzan. Former Padawan of Eryn Serv'laya, Jedi Redeemer. He lost his Master on a mission to the lost planet of Dessek Four, sometime during the ten years between TPM and AOTC. On said mission, he met the Farghul dancing girl Alli, and set her free. The Jedi Council did not look kindly on their budding relationship, and Aduro voluntarily left the Order. Aduro acquired a freighter and a motley crew -- a Wookiee, a Trandoshan (both of whom owed separate life debts to Aduro) a Twi'lek, and Alli. He greatly respects Anakin, and when Anakin announced his decision to leave the Order, Aduro shifted his rickety freighter into high gear and blasted toward Naboo.

Master Raiyat Kahn and Padawan Kai Tredlan -- An eccentric Jedi Master and his young Padawan. Loyal to the Republic, but not condoning the more...extreme measures taken.
I do like this idea alot, when I first read it I was worried cause DarionA'res story is of a Jedi Redeemer. But that's in the real timeline. In this one he becomes an urban adept(gotta create a non jedi inbetween Adept and Guardian class eventually) and leads the resistance against his father Dark Side Grand Moff of Ryloth. Anyway, good luck I'm looking forward to reading this if you're still doing it.

chiefcaptin
15 August 2005, 05:44 AM
Off topic but Darion!

The xRCR will include a new base class, the Force Warrior!

If you want to release this book as a joint release with our xRCR it would be cool. Anyway, we do need playtesters for the classes currently. Come check us out.

DarionA'res
15 August 2005, 06:28 AM
Well, I'll check it out and definitely snag it for another character if nothing else let me go over to the thread and find this force warrior you speak of and see if it's what I have been trying to create in my head for a while. If it is maybe we can include it in the Treefrog's next Infinities book that is still unofficial. We'll see, I'm fairly interested myself.

Treefrog
22 August 2005, 09:14 AM
We will be releasing this book at the end of September. I don't know when you'll be releasing the xRCR, but we're sticking with our current schedule.

Originally posted by chiefcaptin
Off topic but Darion!

The xRCR will include a new base class, the Force Warrior!

If you want to release this book as a joint release with our xRCR it would be cool. Anyway, we do need playtesters for the classes currently. Come check us out.