PDA

View Full Version : Gettn on Coruscant

Uron Teff
12 July 2005, 03:49 PM
Maybe you can help me!

Is there any way to get on Coruscant by a Freighter without getting the permission to land.
Oh, by the way, the freighter was in varius attacks on Imperial starbases involved!

sniperjoe
12 July 2005, 05:29 PM
You can crash.:P ...but perhaps you can manage to "acquire" someone that can get you permission or something.

So Corusant is...off limits in the Rebellion/Rise of the Empire Eras?

Uron Teff
12 July 2005, 06:24 PM
You know it's not my fault that the GM forgot the planetary shild around coruscant.

The more Ithink about it the more I think that this was the dummest idea our group has ever had but we're in there!

And that's why I'm thought about that problem.
Do you think it would work if our group splits up in order to get the imperials follow the wrong group?

sniperjoe
12 July 2005, 08:31 PM
I doubt it. The Empire has a ton of troops and resources and should easily be able to send enough people for both groups.

Uron Teff
12 July 2005, 08:44 PM
Alltogether:
1. It's nearly impossible to trust the info brooker!
2. It's nearly impossible to blaster a way off Imperial City!
3. If you manage to blaster your xay out off Imperial City what is nearly impossible there is a whole fleet of Stardestroyer witing in the system around Coruscant for you to set a step into open Space!
4. It's to dangerous to contact a restince cell on Coruscant (if there is any) bacause of the threat of being followed by Imperial agents!

And there may be many more problems which allway lead to the same question:

"How not to die on Imperial Coruscant?"

It must seem as a total act of commiting suicide!:raised:

sniperjoe
12 July 2005, 09:26 PM
Hmmm, try to wait it out for a month or so?

Uron Teff
12 July 2005, 09:38 PM
I've thought about the same again, but as time goes by...
1. the cloaked SD are flying around in the galaxy (BTW I've just seen a sensor distrcktion near our homebase, but I had no chance to warn our HQ)
2a. the Empire may forget us
2b. the imperial troops have the chance of comb Coruscant!

And that's why it's better leaving the party before it has realy started!

Darth_Cassed
12 July 2005, 10:08 PM
First off, I'm not entirely sure there was a planetary shield in the Rebellion era. I know for a fact there was post-Endor.

Though you guys could try smuggling yourselves as refugees or hire someone to transport you off. Find public transportation to get off the rock and ditch your ships.

Uron Teff
12 July 2005, 10:25 PM
You know this a good idea and we would do it if we haven't rushed into things like we had no time. The point is, we have no time!

But what do you think how long it's gonna take untill ST are searching for a YT-1300 what broke through to defense belt around Coruscant?

And what material are the Imperials going to mobilize?:?

wolverine
13 July 2005, 02:07 AM
On Coruscant.... pretty damn quick IMO.... I would give you maybe 2d minutes from time you ping on sensors before you get stormies, ties etc swarming after you....

Uron Teff
13 July 2005, 02:23 AM
Listen I have no idea how to get the info and how to get of Coruscant for sure!
I got some ideas but they don't seam to fit quite as they should!
More background on Starwars D20 Forum (Uron Teff).
I'm thankful for any new ideas!:stormtpr:

Durian Keldrona
7 November 2005, 09:05 PM
Alltogether:
1. It's nearly impossible to trust the info brooker!
2. It's nearly impossible to blaster a way off Imperial City!
3. If you manage to blaster your xay out off Imperial City what is nearly impossible there is a whole fleet of Stardestroyer witing in the system around Coruscant for you to set a step into open Space!
4. It's to dangerous to contact a restince cell on Coruscant (if there is any) bacause of the threat of being followed by Imperial agents!

And there may be many more problems which allway lead to the same question:

"How not to die on Imperial Coruscant?"

moscow protocols from the cold war come to mind

Durian Keldrona
10 November 2005, 04:59 PM
oops... can a mod kills this double post... thax

Googlywook
11 November 2005, 01:51 AM
Become affiliated with the Black Sun crime syndicate :)

Prince Xizor who is, afaik, their leader lives on Coruscant, he must have the right connections for getting contrabands, including the odd wanted freigther, through planetary security and customs.

How it should go down I'm not entirely sure of, but it could give you some ideas perhaps :)

I could recommend reading Shadows of the Empire. It has a fair bit about Cosruscant in the rebellion era.

Fandor Thamorrin
14 November 2005, 09:57 AM
Personally, I'd take the freighter and travel to the industrial side of Coruscant (like from the end of Episode II), bluffing past security if possible. Once I landed, I would disguise the ship (maye as a big piece of junk?) to erase any evidence of my entry.

Just an idea...:)

MikeLynch
14 January 2006, 08:35 AM
Personally, I'd take the freighter and travel to the industrial side of Coruscant (like from the end of Episode II),
Assuming somebody on the ship is old enough to have lived on Coruscant back in the day, and remembers where it is (or that it even exists).

:) Can't shoot what you don't know is there...

Uron Teff
14 January 2006, 10:12 AM
More than half a year ago I started this thread. :D
Now months later the whole group has broken up not due to the fact that we had no interest in playing Star Wars. No, RL (as in University RL) has disturbed my old RP group.
Nonetheless I'd like to say that we made it to Coruscant (we chose the agressive way and I had a hell of DC35 rolls) and after we got the information we wanted we escaped from there through the puplic waste disposal system (i.e. a huge canon shooting the garbage into the Coruscani sun).
I never thought that someone could be this lucky constantly rolling 18s, 19s and 20s plus constant 6 from the Force Points spent.
Well yeah, I just wanted to say thank you for your help, all you HoloNet Members. :D