PDA

View Full Version : Lightsaber forms...in general.

Calhexas
22 July 2005, 05:43 PM
Okay, there are multiple lightsaber forms in the game...and even more that fans have written up. Either because they don't like the current ones, or they don't think they coincide with the forms portrayed in the films...whatever. Tell me what you think the most powerful...and weakest (other than form 6) forms are. Just a friendly question. If you want to...explain.

LordSei
22 July 2005, 05:57 PM
id say form 7 is the strongest and form 1 is the weakest ill get back to you.:)

Darth Maliss
22 July 2005, 07:04 PM
Form VII is powerful. Perhaps some could argue the most powerful of the seven forms.

This form created and mastered by Mace Windu is known as Vaapad. Some would say that it is as dangerous to its user as to its targets.

To use Vaapad effectively, the lightsaberist will skirt the darkside. She will actively pursue victory and will channel the force to do so. All other forms can be effectively applied by allowing the force to guide the duelist. Not so with Vaapad. In this form the duelist actively uses her emotions, whatever they are that drive her towards victory, to manipulate the force and bend it to her desire. The technique of the master coupled with the power of unbridled emotion makes this form extremely offensive in nature and devestating on attack.

The backlash of this raw power is the danger of unlocking rage, and hatred during a force intensive duel. Several exposures to this by a jedi can move them closer to the darkside.

This partly contributed toMace's former student and form VII master, Depa Bilaba, to leave the jedi order. The fine novel "shatterpoint" by Matt Stover tells the tale.

Kryl'thar
22 July 2005, 07:08 PM
I recently did a revision of the lightsaber forms and I tried not to make anyone more powerful than the other, but to instead give each one its own strengths and weaknesses.

My interpretations are as follows

Form I is a solid form that uses primarily principles for general swordplay. A Form I guy could probably pick up a vibro weapon and use it about equally as well. A strong form, but not necessarily one that plays to all of the strengths of the lightsaber.
Strength : moderate

Form II is optimized saber to saber fighting. In a one-on-one duel this is what you want to go with. However, general utility suffers. Against a horde of guys using blasters, a master of this form would be quickly overwhelmed.
Strength: strong in duels. Weak vs ranged.

Form III is pure and unadulterated defense. The blade intercepts blaster shot after blaster shot, and is also good in a duel. Best defense you can get, but weak offense.
Strength: moderate

Form IV is more offensive and kinetic but the moves frequently leave the body open. Seems to require a huge amount of energy and training to be truly useful.
Strength: moderate to weak.

Form V: Highly offensive form that derives strength from opponents weaknesses. As written it seems similar to Form IV, but does so more efficiently so that the practioner can survive counter attack longer.
Strength: moderate to high

Form VI: Yeah, the diplomat's form for those that don't want to truly master their weapon.
Strength: weak to pathetic

Form VII: Juyo...the master of them all. I interpret Juyo as a oneness with the blade that superceeds all the other styles. Of course is comes with a cost in that it could easily master you.
Strength: high...with a cost!

LordSei
26 July 2005, 05:20 AM
Well put Darth mealis also a klattonian jedi was lost to the darkside too do to form 7. id say 7 is the stronges based off what darth said .
I don't neccisarily think form 1 is weak just that its the basic form but then and agaian yoda uses form 1.

Lucas Carr
26 July 2005, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by LordSei
I don't neccisarily think form 1 is weak just that its the basic form but then and agaian yoda uses form 1.

Where have you heard that? All I've heard is that Yoda uses form 4.

Calhexas
30 July 2005, 04:10 AM
I think he is referring to a couple of sources that claim Yoda is an instructor of form I, like for the younglings. But I'm pretty sure that his preferred style, and mastered form is Ataru, form IV.