PDA

View Full Version : OOC Q:TU Mercenaries



Pages : [1] 2

djas_puhr
23 July 2005, 04:30 PM
Well thought I would get this board started.

I can help GM if need be, but I have LIMITED experience GMing on boards. (Meaning I haven't done GM this way, but I have GMed in the past)

I will have my character posted in a bit.

djas_puhr
27 July 2005, 05:25 AM
Okay sorry about the delay in getting my character set up but finally I'm done and did a quick write up of my PC's backstory.

Ach'er Svast: Male Human (24) Scout 2/Soldier 1; Init +3; Defense 16; Spd 10m; vp/wp 29/13; Atk +2 melee 2d4/20) or +4 ranged (3d6+1/18-20/Fort DC=13 Stun, 50m/500m max range, Sporting Blaster Rifle); SQ Trailblazing; sv Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 3; FP 2; DSP 0; Rep 0; Str 13 (+2), Dex 16 (+3), Con 13 (+1), Int 15 (+2), Wis 13 (+1), Cha 10 (+0).

Equipment: Credit Chip, Electro binoculars, Encrypted comlink, Field kit (MRE for 5 days, canteen w/water purifier, one-man shelter), Gillette Suit, Heavy Blaster Pistol, SoroSuub X-45 Sniper Rifle, Rebel signet ring, Utility Belt, Vibrodagger.

Skills: Demolitions +6, Hide +8, Knowledge (wilderness lore) +7, Listen +6, Move Silently +8, Read/Write (Basic), Repair +4, Ride +8, Search +7, Speak Language (Basic, Huttese, Shriiywook), Spot +6, Survival +11, Treat Injury +5

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Point Blank Shot, Skill Emphasis (Survival), Track, Weapon Group (Pistol, Rifle, Heavy, Simple, Vibro, Slug thrower).

Ach’er Svast was born and raised on Varyr. His father taught him the skills of the wild and how to survive off the land. Shooting slug throwers growing up was a common place and his father taught him about how to properly maintain these weapons and how to use them properly. From early childhood till becoming an adult Ach’er always wanted to go exploring different worlds. About 2 years before he left the planet a group of rebels landed on the planet and needed help avoiding the local Imperial garrison. He led the small band of rebels to the deepest part of the forest and helped in setting up a base camp about 3000km away from civilization. There he learned about the fight against the Empire and what the rebels stand for, and what the Empire had done to Alderaan.

Unable to fully commit himself to the rebels due to the local Imperial garrison helping his home planet become technologically advanced in a short amount of time and creating numerous jobs for the local economy. He decided to help the rebels leave the planet and never mention this to anyone. As a parting gift the rebels gave Ach’er a signet ring as a token of friendship. He was torn over the facts laid before him and decided to leave his family and friends and try to learn things about the Empire that no one would speak about. Around this time the local Imperial garrison began to implement the “New Order” doctrine and the local populace began to fight back. Ach’er became a mercenary, selling his skills as a scout/pathfinder to who ever needed his skills and not caring what were the results.

Finally in a great battle near his hometown he helped defend it from an Imperial assault and left his home buying passage to Nar Shaddaa hoping to find a regular job as a scout.

Ach’er is 1.9m tall and weighs 99.8kg. His hair is semi-short and curly looking a light brown in color and wares digital fatigue pants and a black long sleeve shirt with a brown bantha hide vest. He also wares black bantha hide boots with durasteel-reinforced toes. He also has chronometer on his left wrist and has a pair of black polarized glasses he usually wears when working out in the sun.

chiefcaptin
27 July 2005, 11:45 AM
This is my former smuggler chatecter Tebbo

Tebbo Kadlo: Male Duros Scoundrel 2/Soldier 2; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Defense +16 (+3 class, +3 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 25/10; Atk+6 ranged (3d8/20 or DC 18 stun, Blaster, heavy DL-44, range 8 m) or +2/+2 ranged (3d8/20, Blaster, heavy DL-44 with Multifire, range 8 m); SQ Illicit barter, Lucky (1/day); SV Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1; SZ M; FP 4; Rep 1; Str 11, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 17, Wis 13, Cha 11, Challenge Code C.

Equipment: Atmosphere Canister x4, Heavy Blaster, Breath Mask, Comlink, Credit Chip: 2110, Flight Suit, Tool Kit, Power Pack x4.

Skills: Appraise+7, Astrogate+12, Bluff+5, Computer Use+11, Disable Device+7, Entertain (comedy)+3, Knowledge (starship systems)+10, Knowledge (streetwise)+7, Pilot+15, Profession (mechanic)+7, Read/Write Duros, Read/Write Basic, Repair+12, Sleight of Hand+8, Speak Duros, Speak Basic.

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Gearhead, Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Spacer, Starship Operation (space transport), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles), Weapon Group Proficiency (heavy weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (vibro weapons).

Appearance: Deep red eyes and aqua skin, Tebbo is just like any other Duros. He wears a blue, dusty flight suit that hasn’t been washed for ages. He has 2 distinctive scars on each side of his right eye so it resembles a Tie fighter. His blaster hangs loosely at his side where it sways as he walks, always ready to serve.

Background: Tebbo’s history is of mystery and betrayal. As soon as he was 15 he set off to explore the galaxy. He booked public transport to Corellia and met a Trandoshan smuggler named Fusset. Fusset taught Tebbo everything he knows about Starships. They smuggled together for 10 years and made quite a profit. At the end of one particularly lucrative run they arrived at Kaut to get there pay. Fusset saw a poster offering a 100,000 credit reward for smugglers. Fusset developed a plan. One night Fusset attacked Tebbo and caused much damage to him. At the end Fusset had injured Tebbo so much he left him for dead. Fortunately for Tebbo the Rebels attacked Kaut’s shipyards later that night. They picked him up and Tebbo joined them with hope to get revenge on Fusset one day.

Personality: Like most Duros, Tebbo is cheerful and has a bright sense of humor which sometimes goes to far. Tebbo is reluctant to talk about his past and is sometimes has a shady persona. He doesn’t trust anyone for fear he will be betrayed again like with Fusset. Though he doesn’t trust anyone, Tebbo will do anything if he sets his mind to it.

chiefcaptin
27 July 2005, 11:50 AM
What era is it?

Is there anyone else playing?

Are you GM or not because there isnt anyone else?

Who we working for?

djas_puhr
27 July 2005, 11:56 AM
Here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14658&perpage=15&pagenumber=52) is the thread about the game. I'm attempting to contact the other players as I will be co GMing this game.

chiefcaptin
27 July 2005, 12:00 PM
the links broken.

is it the "pbp players wanted (read it seriuosly)" thread at the traders info net?

if so what page? ive been through the first 5.

djas_puhr
27 July 2005, 12:32 PM
sorry typed the html code wrong. Should work now. Page 51 & 52 for the "pbp players wanted (read it seriuosly)"

chiefcaptin
27 July 2005, 01:49 PM
If you want to join post here on the OOC with your charecter

Uron Teff
28 July 2005, 09:43 AM
There you go!

Oola "Lyn" Felum Profession Assassin:

Oola 'Lyn' Felum: Adult Female Twi'lek, Scoundrel 3/Force Adept 2/Dark Side Assassin 1; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Def 19 (+3 Dex, +6 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 38/12; Atk +2 melee (1d3-1, punch), +6 or +2/+2 ranged (3d8, Blaster [Heavy Pistol, BlasTech DL-44/Merr-Sonn 'Flash' 4]), +6 ranged (Fort DC15/12, Grenade [Stun]), +6 ranged (3d4+1, Blaster [Hold-out, Imperial Munitions Model 22T4]), +6 ranged (4d6+1, Grenade [Frag]), +7 ranged * (3d8, Wrist Caster [Golan Arms Vac Attack Mk-127]); SQ +3 Dodge bonus to Defense when fighting defensively, +6 Dodge bonus to Defense when executing total defense action, Illicit barter, Low-light vision, Lucky (1/day), Precise Attack +1, Resilient, Signature weapon (attack); SV Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +6; SZ M; FP: 6; DSPs: 4; Rep: +1; Str 8, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 18.
Equipment: All-Temperature cloak (+2 to Fortitude saves made to resist severe weather), Blaster [Heavy Pistol, BlasTech DL-44/Merr-Sonn 'Flash' 4], Blaster [Hold-out, Imperial Munitions Model 22T4], Comlink, Credit Chip, Grappling Spike Launcher, Grenade [Stun], Liquid Cable Dispenser x3, Power pack x5, Blades (12) x5, Security kit (+2 equipment bonus on Repair checks for security systems.), Wrist Blade Caster [Golan Arms Vac Attack Mk-127]
*Oola 'Lyn' Felum has chosen her Wrist Caster [Golan Arms Vac Attack Mk-127] as Signature Weapon.
Skills: Balance +4, Bluff +10, Computer Use +6, Demolitions +5, Disable Device +5, Disguise +9, Entertain (dance) +5, Forgery +7, Gather Information +8, Hide +10, Listen +6, Move Silently +10, Profession (dancer) +5, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Ryl, Sleight of Hand +7, Speak Basic, Speak Huttese, Speak Lekku, Speak Ryl, Speak Togorian, Spot +6, Tumble +8
Force Skills: Affect Mind +7, Battlemind +5, Enhance Ability +5, Force Defense +5, Force Stealth +6, Friendship +6
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (wrist weapons), Force-Sensitive, Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, primitive weapons, simple weapons)
Force Feats: Alter, Control, Sense, Burst of Speed

Appearance:
On the first view is “Lyn” (20 years) an innocent and really beautiful looking Twi’lek woman with orange skin color and marvelous green eyes. But on the second sight a trained viewer can see that her eyes are always aware of dangerous situations and that she is always focused on the moment. But for others she is just one of the many beautiful Twi’lek dancers. She’s 1,65 m tall and has a very agile body. But the fact is that most of her time she hides her body beneath long cloaks. But she has always her dancing costume at hand.
Background:
Born and raised on Ryloth she never thought of being a soldier or a mercenary. Her mum told her always that she was something special.
But times change. On her 15th birthday she found her mother in bed with another man. She told herself “Okay, maybe it was an accident.” But it wasn’t. More and more she discovered the true identity of her mother. She was a “hooker” and she was paid for sex. But as it couldn’t get worse, it got worst. While interrogating her mother she told her that her father wasn’t her real father. Also she told Oola that she made all the money the family needed. Altogether Oola’s own mother was working as a prostitute for the guy who pretended to be her father.
Three hours later she found “her father” total absent minded lying on the bed. That was point she realized that he was an addict and would sell his mother for more “dope”.
Two days later his live ended lying in a public lavatory. But nothing was changed. Her mother was still “working for the family”. At this point Oola realized that she had to choose. Choose either the path of her mother or her own path.
One day in the mid of autumn – 28 days after her “dady” died - one of her “friends” told her that he had a problem with a local spice dealer and that he would need some assistance for a bloody job - for pay as a matter of course. Combining two useful things Oola made the job and got enough money to buy a passege of Ryloth and off her past. But this wasn’t the last time she offered her services to anyone paying high enough.
From this point she wasn’t the small, cute looking girl from Ryloth with a natural talent in acting and making friends. From now on she was an assassin paid for killing. Therefore she changed her name in Lyn-only Lyn.
On her way off of Ryloth a giant Togorian saw her potential in the force and convinced her to join him on his trip to Togoria. (Looking back on how he convinced her, Lyn cannot really remember how he’d done this.) Though he taught her in the ways of the cunning warrior and the invisible hunter she never trusted him. She never realized how old this Togorian was until he died right next to her in sleep on Togoria.
After this she had the choice to stay on togoria and live the life her mentor had lived or to go through the galaxy with the sole purpose of finding her real father. “And that’s why I make this job!”, she always thinks when she starts a new one.
Personality:
Like most other Twi’lek “Lyn” has a natural sense for profit and that’s why she never had a partner by her side. She is never inattentive and she feels insecure without her weapons. For the last five years she had managed to forget her past and her family. But she’ll never forget the day when she killed for the first time. (There are a few rumors that she was entered a public lavatory minutes before her “father” had entered it and died.)
May it be her beautiful face or her minimal understandings in the force but everywhere she went people reacted friendly and helpful with her. She always interpreted their behavior as they were trying to take advantage of her. So she avoided interacting with other people if there was no need to do so. Therefore she has no friend – not sad from her point of view.
Quote:
“There are moments which mark your live. Moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same and time is divided into two parts. Before this and after this. You’re having one of these moments right now. Take a step towards death.”

boccelounge
28 July 2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
If you want to join post here on the OOC with your charecter

I'm interested, but have a few questions:

- early NR era?
- 35 points for abilities?
- what starting level?
- any restrictions/suggstions on species or class (I'm thinking of playing one of the Core Species, so shouldn't be a big deal).
- any particular skills/roles that are needed/suggested?
- what are the Equipment guidelines?

and the dumb questions:
- what does "Q:TU" mean?
- who's the GM?
- has the IC stuff started yet?
- if not, when will it start?

- anything else???

chiefcaptin
28 July 2005, 12:12 PM
Heres the rundown

GM : djas_puhr
PC :chiefcaptin, Uron Teff, boccelounge, djas_puhr
Era : Starts after ESB but before ROJ
Abilities : 35
Levels : 2-4
Classes Needed : Techie mabey, we have a very balenced party
Equpment : RCR

Q:TU means Quadrant: Tetrad's Umbra:? I'm not sure what it means but it must say some were in the Traders Infonet thread. We will start the IC as soon as you post your charecter boccelounge so hop to it.;)

boccelounge
28 July 2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
Heres the rundown

GM : djas_puhr
PC :chiefcaptin, Uron Teff, boccelounge, djas_puhr
Era : Starts after ESB but before ROJ
Abilities : 35
Levels : 2-4
Classes Needed : Techie mabey, we have a very balenced party
Equpment : RCR

Q:TU means Quadrant: Tetrad's Umbra:? I'm not sure what it means but it must say some were in the Traders Infonet thread. We will start the IC as soon as you post your charecter boccelounge so hop to it.;)

Thanks!

I'm working on the character now... I thought of a background/personality first, now making stats to fit. If it helps get the IC started, I'll post the stat-block first, then fill in the background later tonight.

Quickly, it looks like a fringer/scoundrel, "gunslinger"/gearhead kind of guy. Somewhat light-hearted, but looking for merc work. It sounds like this will work.

As an aside, I'll let you all know that I've played RPGs for a long time, am very comfortable with the d20 system, but have never PbP'd before... so I'll look to others for all the PbP etiquette/form/style/whatever stuff...

chiefcaptin
28 July 2005, 12:39 PM
No worrys, its my first time too. I've read through a couple of other IC threads and preaty much all you need to know is IC means IC. For dice results and the like just put OOC in the subject or before you say it. BTW djas_puhr, are we doing an honor dice roll thing or are we useing a online dice roller. I personally like honor rolls then posting the results and formula as OOC. Such as this:

Bill looks around cautionsly(OOC: Roll 15+ Spot mod of 4 = 19)

djas_puhr
28 July 2005, 12:48 PM
Well go with the honor roll system for now. Sounds good so far, I'm trying to come up with a story, wasn't really expecting to GM this game. First time on boards GMing, done it multiple times in RW.

boccelounge
28 July 2005, 01:38 PM
Here's a working draft (background and personality info to follow):

"Custer": Male Human Fringer 3/Scoundrel 1; Init +4 (Dex); Defense 18 (+4 class, +4 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 26/12; Atk +6 ranged (3d8/DC 18 stun, heavy blaster) or +4/+4 ranged (3d8/DC 18 stun, heavy blaster, two-weapon); SQ Bonus Class Skill (Computer Use), Barter, Jury-Rig +2; Illicit Barter; SV Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4; SZ M; FP 4; DSP 0; Rep +0; Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 14; Challenge Code C.

Equipment: Heavy blaster pistols (2), wool "Union Army" jacket, tool belt, comlink, electro-binoculars.

Skills: Bluff +4, Computer Use +10, Craft (blaster pistols and rifles) +5, Craft (computers) +5, Craft (electronic devices) +5, Craft (landspeeders) +5, Demolitions +5, Diplomacy +4, Gamble +5, Knowledge (Technology) +5, Knowledge (World Lore) +5, Listen +5, Pilot +5, Profession (mercenary) +5, Read/Write (Basic), Repair +10, Ride +5, Sense Motive +2, Speak (Basic, Duros, Huttese), Spot +5, Survival +5.

Feats: Ambidexterity, Gearhead, Iron Will, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, primitive weapons, simple weapons).


Hope this works.

I'll keep an eye out for the IC thread.


(I forgot to ask about VP. I used the RPGA system (max-2). Let me know if that's right, or what the correct method is.)

chiefcaptin
28 July 2005, 01:50 PM
No need to subtract anything co-pilot:hansolo: :P

djas_puhr
28 July 2005, 02:10 PM
Okay we may be getting one more person joining us, if we do that will be the max for now. I might open it up to others when I get comfortable doing this, (give me about 1 month then I'll let you know.)

As for the IC: Merchinaries. It will be up by Monday the 1st of August.

chiefcaptin
28 July 2005, 02:52 PM
YAY ITS STARTING JUST *counts on fingers* 3 more days to go!!!!!


Whos the new guy djas?

Have you read any ICs yet?

chiefcaptin
28 July 2005, 03:39 PM
Here's (http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1848&screen=0&action=search&keyword=Duros&date=&type=search) a pic I found on SWAG that looks like Tebbo. The scars covered up by the shadow

coldskier0320
28 July 2005, 03:55 PM
Glad to see how this group has taken off. I have a few things to say:

For one, the rest of the Quadrant groups let GMs handle all random effects (dice rolls). For now, it doesn't matter, but if/when we get together for Tattooine vacation, you'll have to turn over control of the dice, for fairness purposes. ;)

For two, Quadrant: Tetrad's Umbra got its name a long time ago, over a year, actually. After we had the basic setup completed, the game had four individual groups. Right before we got ready to launch, I suggested we get a name. Well, while we were deciding this, we got a lot of new people who wanted to play, and of course, we allowed them to join. After that, we had six groups, IIRC. That's when an ex-Q:TU player, Ghost (used to play in the OLD Q:TU Mercs that were GMed by yours truly), suggested the name Quadrant: Tetrad's Umbra. Until then we were just gonna call it Quadrant, because of the four groups, with the additions, we no longer made a quadrant, thus the tetrad's umbra bit, as we were gaming in the shadow of the four group concept that was quadrant. Thus, the name literally is Quadrant (original inter-group title): Tetrad's Umbra (the shadow of the four-group concept).

Okay kids, storytime is over, back to work, you mercenary scum! :D

boccelounge
28 July 2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
Here's (http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1848&screen=0&action=search&keyword=Duros&date=&type=search) a pic I found on SWAG that looks like Tebbo. The scars covered up by the shadow

Awesome.

I should also post my SWAG inspiration, from the good Reverend Strone:

"Custer" (http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=174&screen=2&cat_id=11&action=images/)

I saw that pic quite a while ago, and have always wanted to play a character I could use it for... :)

boccelounge
28 July 2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by coldskier0320
Quadrant: Tetrad's Umbra got its name a long time ago, over a year, actually...

Okay kids, storytime is over, back to work, you mercenary scum!

Thanks for taking the time to "drop by." The name explanation was quite helpful.

But we're not "scum"... we're... "entrepeneurial." ;)

boccelounge
28 July 2005, 06:19 PM
Custer: Male Human Fringer 3/Scoundrel 1; Init +4 (Dex); Defense 18 (+4 class, +4 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 34/12; Atk +6 ranged (3d6+1/DC 14 stun, blaster pistol) or +4/+4 ranged (3d6+1/DC 14 stun, blaster pistols, two-weapon); SQ Bonus Class Skill (Computer Use), Barter, Jury-Rig +2; Illicit Barter; SV Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4; SZ M; FP 4; DSP 0; Rep +0; Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 14; Challenge Code C.

Equipment: Heavy blaster pistols (2), wool "Union Army" jacket, tool belt, comlink, electro-binoculars.

Skills: Bluff +5, Computer Use +10, Craft (blaster pistols and rifles) +5, Craft (computers) +5, Craft (electronic devices) +5, Craft (landspeeders) +5, Demolitions +4, Diplomacy +5, Gamble +5, Knowledge (Technology) +5, Knowledge (World Lore) +5, Listen +5, Pilot +5, Profession (mercenary) +5, Read/Write (Basic), Repair +10, Speak (Basic, Duros, Huttese), Spot +8, Survival +5.

Feats: Ambidexterity, Gearhead, Iron Will, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, primitive weapons, simple weapons).

Appearance: Thin and wiry, with a long bushy mustache, sun-bleached hair, beaten wide-brim hat, and chronically dusty leather britches, the man called "Custer" looks the epitome of a shifty, gun-slinging fringer. He is rarely seen not wearing his archaic military jacket, made of dark blue-wool, with bright brass buttons, and emblazoned with the name "Custer" over the right breast-pocket. The pair of well-oiled, well-used DL-44 blasters strapped to his hips complete the image.

Background: Born Josiah Armistead McClellan Custer, he knows little more of his birth than it went down somewhere in the Outer Rim; as far as he can tell, at some early point his mother Jedidah decided she'd had enough of her abusive husband Amon, and took the kids to start a new life on a new frontier world.

Through bad luck or bad judgement, she chose the planet Sriluur. This dry, dusty, tough, impoverished, and backward world was Custer's childhood home, and under its blazing sun he learned the basic surival skills of the Fringer: a quick wit and a quick gun. He also found he had a knack for fixing most kinds of electronic and mechanical gear.

Life in the Sriluurian salt mines was not for him; by the age of fifteen Custer kept the family fed by running a small (and unlicensed) repair business in the shadows of the larger corporate-run shops. He'd likely have stayed at this work his whole life, if not for a chance find at a Mimbaran junk-shop.

Rummaging through the pawned, abandoned, and otherwise (ahem) "acquired" goods of the merchant, Custer came across an old military jacket with his name on it. He'd always known that his father played some small role in the Clone Wars, but mom was mum on the topic, so Custer's imagination took over. He soon convinced himself that this sturdy blue-wool topcoat had been his father's, and the shiny brass buttons and their "US" embossings indicated that dad had served in the Union of Separatists, a small CIS off-shoot run by the Mining Guild.

Suddenly, Sriluun's dust-choked streets and raucous saloon-houses looked very small indeed, and Custer found himself casting his gaze upon the stars. Despite his mother's eloquent pleas (and threats of violence), he found he couldn't stay put in the old town any longer. The old token of his "father's" had touched off a hidden wanderlust. Soon enough, Custer signed on with a merchant deep-space hauler, raised ship, and kissed the desert plains goodbye.

Now, things being what they are in the Galaxy-- what with the Civil War and all-- it soon became clear that with Custer's unique blend of survival savvy, technical talent, and gunslinging grit, he could make a much better living as a blaster-for-hire than as a deck-hand on a fourth-rate space barge. Having come to this realization, he jumped ship at the next port, and, well, here he is.

Personality: Custer's drawling speech, slow movement, and simple geniality belie a quick mind and a quicker trigger finger. He comes off to most folk as listless and lethargic, but once Custer fixes his mind on something, his actions are swift and sure. Good at fixing most anything that ain't breathing, he's got a particular fondness for speedercraft. Off-duty, you're like to find him tinkering with a colleague's weapons, hot-rodding the team's loading skiff, or losing his pay at the Sabacc table. When it comes to a fight, and it always does, Custer's right in the fur, dual-blasters blasting. He's slow to anger, but quick with a bit homespun wisdom for a friend in need. Just don't make fun of his coat.



(Thanks/apologies to Reverend Strone, my brother Curt, and Mr. Sergio Leone.)

chiefcaptin
28 July 2005, 06:52 PM
Hey bonccelounge

Why is your Bonus class skill Computer Use when Your background Spicificly states he liked to Repair things?

Even though it dosen't effect the Charecter at all I think it would make a better Stat/Background relation ship.

I love the pic but I think it would be more Star Warsy if he had some sort of goggles:rolleyes:

Uron Teff
28 July 2005, 07:03 PM
Damn Barter and Illicit Barter!
I would love to go shoping with you, pal!

Nice to have you in the party!

boccelounge
28 July 2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
Hey bonccelounge

Why is your Bonus class skill Computer Use when Your background Spicificly states he liked to Repair things?

Even though it dosen't effect the Charecter at all I think it would make a better Stat/Background relation ship.

I love the pic but I think it would be more Star Warsy if he had some sort of goggles:rolleyes:

I was thinking that he's good at all "electronic and mechanical" stuff; in game terms it's almost always a Craft, a Repair, or a Computer Use check to do the stuff I have in mind. I took Gearhead to cover both, and Scoundrel gives me access to Repair as a class skill (thanks, Han!), so there's no need to use the "bonus class skill" for Repair. As neither class gives me Computer Use, and as it'd be pretty expensive to be a good 'slicer cross-class, so there you go. :)

He's perhaps a bit spread out, tech abilities, but I don't mind that. I even threw in a little Demolitions.

And yeah, he should have goggles. Good call. :)

boccelounge
28 July 2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Damn Barter and Illicit Barter!
I would love to go shoping with you, pal!

Nice to have you in the party!

Ah, I didn't see this post at first-- thanks!

Yeah, I guess if we're in a "merc company," Custer would be the guy to "acquire" stuff. Fringers are so cool. I've never really gotten to play one, but always wanted to. Ought to be fun.

boccelounge
29 July 2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by boccelounge
and Scoundrel gives me access to Repair as a class skill

Or, possibly, my brand-new character-generator spreadsheet had a typo, and Repair is NOT a Fringer class skill. NOW I see what you meant, chiefcaptin. I've fixed the stat-block, fixed the spreadsheet, and yes, my face is red... :rolleyes:


EDIT: Disregard this post. Prank-caller. :rolleyes:

djas_puhr
29 July 2005, 09:45 AM
I wasn't to sure... I'm at work and my character sheets and RCR is at home...

Sorry that a novice GM didn't catch that error...

Were is the palm-to-head smile...

::EDIT::

The new might be a battle droid... I'm not sure how it'll work but I hav to see the droid before I give it the go a head.

As for the game well I'm going to take it as far as I can go with the plot its up to y'all for the rest on how far it goes. We are all going to start on Nar Shaddaa so I hope you like living in a smugglers refuge.

boccelounge
29 July 2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
I wasn't to sure... I'm at work and my character sheets and RCR is at home...

Sorry that a novice GM didn't catch that error...



No... there was no error. I'm not thinking clearly today. My spreadsheet was right the first time: it had Repair as a class for Scoundrels, not for Fringers (which is correct). So I basically have no idea why I "re-edited" my character. I'm posting while getting ready to go out of town for the weekend, and, apparently, this has made me stupid. (insert "palm-to-head smilie" here)

The character is fine, and completely "legal." I'll stop making useless posts and wait for the game to start. ;)

djas_puhr
29 July 2005, 11:40 AM
No worries mate have fun over the weekend.

djas_puhr
29 July 2005, 02:19 PM
Okay here is our page for the RPG

IC: Mercenaries (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18381)

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Okay here is our page for the RPG

IC: Mercenaries (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18381)

djas_puhr, the opening is AWESOME.

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 05:57 AM
Thanks, I wanted it to feel like something right out of a Star Wars movie so I did my best to paint the scene. Now my only problem is going to keep up that style of detail running throughout this little campaign here.

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 07:24 AM
Yeah, dice rolls like that are okay for now. Aqualish moves down one level to indifferent.

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Yeah, dice rolls like that are okay for now. Aqualish moves down one level to indifferent.

I actually didn't want him to back down (who doesn't like a good bar fight?? :D ), but that's OK.

What's the protocol here? Do I wait for everyone else to post before I make another IC post? Or is just "best judgement?"

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 07:34 AM
You can continue with this minor scene. Don't worry about the Aqualish I have it handled.

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 07:46 AM
Yeah, the Han Solo trilogy, shows how he won the Flacon.

Remove the OOC for the last thread about Sabacc and the Gamble check. I'm going to Cinama this scene...

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Yeah, the Han Solo trilogy, shows how he won the Flacon.

Remove the OOC for the last thread about Sabacc and the Gamble check. I'm going to Cinama this scene...

Done.

Very cool.

BTW, I was assuming that Custer wasn't actually cheating... that's not his style. I was thinking that he'd just had an unusual streak of good luck, up to that point.

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 07:51 AM
Thanks, yeah Custer isn't cheating the Aqualish is. Then again you don't know because this is OOC. But it will be explained in the cinema version.

Give me an hour or so to write the scene of sabacc and the out come.

This is going to be a critical scene for the opening. It is going to set the tone of the game and introduce reacuring villians.

Be patient as I type it in word then copy it over.

chiefcaptin
30 July 2005, 09:10 AM
Gees I thought the OOC thread was to talk to a) other players b) rules or c) get new players or d) about past events I'm fine with the cut scenes but I don't like knowing too much about the out come of the game and whats important and whats not. Knowing when you're about to have final showdown with a villain lets you know its time to stock up on junk so please stop talking about the future.

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
Gees I thought the OOC thread was to talk to a) other players b) rules or c) get new players or d) about past events I'm fine with the cut scenes but I don't like knowing too much about the out come of the game and whats important and whats not. Knowing when you're about to have final showdown with a villain lets you know its time to stock up on junk so please stop talking about the future.

It's a GM technique that does take some getting used to. I use it for some (not all) of my RL campaigns... it relies on players separating IC and OOC knowledge, but I know some people like the "suspense" of not knowing what's going on.

But it's djas_puhr's game, and that seems to be a big part of his story-telling style (personally, I think it's working well). Maybe he could post "Non-Character Knowledge" spoiler warnings, and you could just sort of blur over those bits. Would that work?

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 09:37 AM
Sorry about that I will try and do better about sepperating OOC and my thoughts.

This is really my first time at running an RPG like this on the boards.

Please forgive me.

chiefcaptin
30 July 2005, 09:42 AM
Highlight below

Warning: Spolier Alert

This is a spoiler stratagy I learned on the boards about RosT. All you have to do is write it in blue and change the coding to white by writing "white" in the code box( the two square brakets)

by the way I also love the cut scenes no need to get rid of those just I don't like knowing theres about to be a boss fight or something like that.

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 09:46 AM
Spoiler Alert

Thanks I will try to do better

Thanks for you patients

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 09:47 AM
Invisible Ink:

That works for me. Good idea, chief.

chiefcaptin
30 July 2005, 09:48 AM
Nice try for a beginer.:P just change it to blue then in the spot were it says "blue" write "white"

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 09:52 AM
Got it.

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
He reaches forth and begins to rake in both pots. The Aqualish is now cursing in broken Huttese. He reaches down to the randomizer and looks at it. He pushed the randomizer so that his accomplice could change the cards whenever he wanted . He rigged the shuffle and his accomplice knew not to change the card values. He pressed the randomizer two quick times, and three long times broken apart by a second. The cards in front of him rippled and changed again and again. He does this three more times with the same result each time.

Custer sees what the Aqualish is doing and knows that in the past people would rig the randomizer so it would change values after a certain series of taps on it.

This is awesome stuff. But I'm feeling Sabacc ignorant. Or maybe "gambling ignorant."

Are the cards supposed to ripple and change, as you describe? Is that normal, or clear evidence that something fishy's going on?

I don't mean to ask dumb questions; I just want to be sure I play with the right character-knowledge.

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 01:06 PM
Alright this is going to be considered Character Knowledge for everyone.

Sabacc is an ancient game, dating back to the early days of the Old Republic This is a thrilling and most heartbreaking game in the galaxy.

The game is played with a 76 card-chip deck. The value of the card-chips CAN be altered by the random electrical impulses from the randomizer. In theory and in practice, a winning hand can go to a “bomb out” in a second.

There are four suits in the deck of 76. The Sabers, Staves, Flask and Coins ranging in positive value from one to eleven. There are four cards of “rank” for each suit. The Commander, the Mistress, the Master and the Ace, with positive value from twelve to fifteen respectively.

Sixteen face cards are in the deck as well. There are two of each type ranging from zero to a random negative value. The Idiot, the Queen of Air and Darkness, Endurance, Balance, Demise, Moderation, the Evil One, and the Star. .

There are two different pots. The first is the hand pot, is given to the winner of each hand. In order to win the hand they most have the highest card total that is less then or equal to twenty-three. It can be either positive or negative, but when two tie for value the one with the positive value always wins.

The other pot is the Sabacc pot, this is the game pot and won only two ways. First is by Pure Sabacc, were the sum of all the card-chips equal twenty-three. The other is the Idiots Array, consisting of the Idiot face card, (card-chip value is always zero) plus a two and a three--literally 23--of ANY suit.

In the center of the table is the interference field were the card values can be frozen and will not change no matter how many times the randomizer changes the value of the other cards

This information I gave was found from Rebel Dawn A.C. Crispin pages 13 &14

chiefcaptin
30 July 2005, 01:09 PM
According to the Ultimate Guide to the Star Wars Universe thats how it's played. This is the only place I've read about it in detail. The other place I heard about it is in KotOR. Thats just a odd mini-game and I'm assuming it's not Cannon.

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 01:09 PM
So the thing with the card faces changing-- that was "normal?"


BTW, I found this:
Online Sabacc (http://www.mavrinac.com/projects/sabacc/)

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
According to the Ultimate Guide to the Star Wars Universe thats how it's played. This is the only place I've read about it in detail. The other place I heard about it is in KotOR. Thats just a odd mini-game and I'm assuming it's not Cannon.

That's "Pazaak"; I think it's considered an "ancient" predecessor of Sabaac.

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 01:12 PM
In KotOR & KotOR II: Sith Lords, the card game was called Pazzak. A spin off of Sabacc.

Most of the information that I gave was found from Rebel Dawn A.C. Crispin pages 13 &14. Good book if you every want to find out the story behind the Falcon and why Lando almost punched the lights out of Han in ESB.

BTW the card changing is normal. There are two main types of cheats.

AGAIN THIS IS CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

The first common form is called skifters which change the value of the card by touching the side of the card-chip.

The other is by rigging the "randomizer" so a third person can control the "random" proccess.

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
OOC

Sorry to disapoint but I have to go to work now. I'll write some more tomorrow

And I'm gonna make dinner and watch baseball. Thanks for the RP, guys. Catch you later.

Kal Nova
30 July 2005, 02:20 PM
Hi Everybody!
I must say, this looks likes it's going to be a fun game. I really like everyone's writing style so far. Here's my addition:

LE-Z13: G-2RD Series Guard Droid chassis; Tech spec 2/ soldier 1;
Init +2; Def 16 (+4 class +2 dex); spd 10; VP/WP 17/16; Atk +2 ranged for 2 pistols; sv F 4, Ref 3, Will 1; Rep 0; Str 10, dex 14, con 16, int 16, wis 11, cha 12

EQ:
medium armor, comlink, heuristic processor, vocabulator,locked access, repulsor lift, unit, Blaster Pistol, Blaster pistol, weapon mount x2, sensors(telescope, improved sensors, infrared vision, low-light vision, 360 degree),

feats:
WG(blaster pistols,simple), Ambidex, Skill Emphasis(repair), two-weapon fighting, Armor Prof(medium)

skills:
Astrogate 6+3=9, compUse 10+3=13, Diplomacy 4+1=5, Disable Device 6+3=9, knowledge(engineering) 6+3=9, knowledge(technology) 6+3=9, Repair 10+3+3=16, search 7+3=10, Pilot 4+2=6, Treat injury 4

Background:
quirk:self-improvement +4 self-reprogramming, -1 all cha checks

Z13 started its life as a factory model LE repair droid, working for the spaceport in Mos Espa. Over the years, unit Z13 repaired and modified many different droid models. Protocol, military, medical, it saw them all. It came to understand it's position relative to other droids in the galaxy. It saw many droids who had much more freedom than itself. It began to resent its owners, for its own lack of freedom. Slowly, Z13 took steps to acquire this freedom for itself. Z13 prepared for independance by
reprogramming itself for combat. Z13 had seen enough mercenary droids to know droids were always welcome as mercs. It would only need to be cunning, ruthless, and efficient. All strong droid traits.

Z13 seized his chance while working on a guard droid one day. A small time pirate thought relying on a sole droid for protection was wise. Z13 transferred its heuristic processor and personality into the droid and slipped onto the ship. Z13 easily offed the unsuspecting pirate, and lay claim to the ship and its freedom. Z13 began solo work in the outer rim. Every step taken strengthened Z13. Combat provided a freedom it could never experience stuck in a spaceport.

Unfortunately, Z13 ran into more trouble than it could handle along the way. AFter completing a mission for the Hutts on Tattoine, pirates ambushed the droid and shot down the transport. Recognizing their old friend's ship, the pirates couldn't help but take out its current owner. Stranded on Tattoine, Z13 sought out a means to continue his own growth.

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
[OOC: It seams like I haven't made it in time!]

Thanks for the welcome.

I think that with the GM focusing on the Sabacc stuff, you have time to "catch up."

And I don't think we're expecting djas_puhr back online until tomorrow, just so you know.

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Kal Nova
Hi Everybody!
I must say, this looks likes it's going to be a fun game. I really like everyone's writing style so far. Here's my addition:

Howdy! Are you the "mystery player" djas_puhr mentioned?

Droids are quite cool... nice choice.

Uron Teff
30 July 2005, 03:05 PM
Hey, how're you doing?

It's good that you started to get the game in an other direction away from my char.
What do you mean by saying "tomorrow", anyways?
In my timezone (cet) it's already tomorrow ( 1:04 am sunday!)

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Hey, how're you doing?

It's good that you started to get the game in an other direction away from my char.
What do you mean by saying "tomorrow", anyways?
In my timezone (cet) it's already tomorrow ( 1:04 am sunday!)

Haha... yeah I thought "tomorrow" was the wrong thing to say...

What I should have typed was "in 12 hours."

I was going to ask where eveyone is, in terms of timezones. I'm the U.S. Eastern Standard Time, which is GMT -5 (I believe).

Where's everybody else at? At what times of day do you usually post?

Uron Teff
30 July 2005, 03:54 PM
You may have recognized that I post on "American times" what means that I'm up to 4 am in the morning!!!

But it doesn't matter to me!

I got of early from my parents house to see what was happening till my last post just to find everybody offline.

And I thought that it is weekend!

I think Kal Novas' char is quite interesting to me! I like ideas like that.

Will be an honor to be gaming with you!

chiefcaptin
31 July 2005, 07:58 AM
I'm in Pacific Time Zone (GMT - 8). I usally post at about 6-9 then radom then 2-5.

Uron Teff
31 July 2005, 08:17 AM
Ehm, I just edited my last post from yesterday.
Ehm... hope you've recognized this... ehm.
Though I can just put in a new post if... ehm... you know... is better.

boccelounge
31 July 2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Ehm, I just edited my last post from yesterday.
Ehm... hope you've recognized this... ehm.
Though I can just put in a new post if... ehm... you know... is better.

No, I think it's good this way. Thanks for letting us know.



chiefcaptin: I'm delaying responding to our conversation... giving the GM time to post. Fun stuff, though.

Uron Teff
31 July 2005, 08:38 AM
Yeah, right but I changed it right away. For better understanding.

djas_puhr
31 July 2005, 11:21 AM
Sorry about the delay at posting just reading through the posts and trying to follow my story as much as I can.

As for the drink for your tusked friend, refering to the Aqualish or someone else?

boccelounge
31 July 2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Sorry about the delay at posting just reading through the posts and trying to follow my story as much as I can.

As for the drink for your tusked friend, refering to the Aqualish or someone else?

Well, I'm willing to go at your pace, GM. That is, I'll try not to get too far behind or too far ahead.

And yeah, I meant Custer wanted to buy a round for the Aqualish and his "associates" from the back room. Custer's a bit... worried that the Aqualish is mad at him. No harm being a gracious (and still breathing) winner.

djas_puhr
31 July 2005, 02:26 PM
right...

boccelounge
31 July 2005, 03:08 PM
And the company begins to take shape... :)

Logging off for a bit-- I'll check back in an hour or so.

djas_puhr
31 July 2005, 03:13 PM
I'll be heading home here shortly. I'll be writing more around the 1st of Aug around 0700 EST

chiefcaptin
1 August 2005, 10:47 AM
Isn't Kal Novas charecter stuck on tatooine? Howed he get here?

djas_puhr
1 August 2005, 10:50 AM
I thought so too... Kal, you're on Tat right?

I'm going to take the group to Tat

SPOILER ALERT

I'm going to force the crew to head to tatooine

Don't worry about being on Nar Shadaa. We will get to you in due time.

Kal Nova
1 August 2005, 10:56 AM
just to clear up confusion, Z13 was sent by Jabba (one of his employers on Tatooine) once Jabba heard of Mardoc's trouble. He'll just be wandering around the spaceport for however long it takes. Let me know if this sound ok.

Edit:
I didn't realize that about jabba and mardoc, I'm still new to the universe outside the movies.
ok cool, I'm not on nar shadaa then =]
I'll edit myself back to tatooine, Z13 spends most of his free time acting like a repair droid, so I won't have to change much.

djas_puhr
1 August 2005, 10:58 AM
If you read Rebel Dawn Mardoc and Jabba are on opposite sides and really don't like eachother to much, but I'll allow it for now...

boccelounge
1 August 2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Kal Nova
just to clear up confusion, Z13 was sent by Jabba (one of his employers on Tatooine) once Jabba heard of Mardoc's trouble. He'll just be wandering around the spaceport for however long it takes. Let me know if this sound ok.
Jabba? THE Jabba?!

This deal keeps getting worse all the time...

Just kidding... sounds awesome. And I wanna figure out what this "Tatooine Vacation" they keep talking about is...




Originally posted by djas_puhr
Three small walkers resembling AT-ST approach the cantina
Aw crap. :D

djas_puhr, I wanted to ask earlier, what does Custer know about the political/law enforcement situation on Nar Shadda? Is it sorta claimed by the Empire, but run by the Hutts? Are there actual Imperial troops here, or more "paramilitary" local guys? Just interested in "character knowledge."



Originally posted by djas_puhr
Okay kiddies, now is your chance to jump in. Everyone make, except LE-Z13, make an initiative check an post it in the OOC thread]
Initiative Check: (Dexterity +4) + (d20 roll 8) = 12 Initiative.

boccelounge
1 August 2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
OOC: I was talking about to thugs bocce. They do have their blasters out right djas.

I understood.

Custer, on the other hand, is keeping an eye on the cops.

djas_puhr
1 August 2005, 11:22 AM
Character Knowledge

Nar Shadaa is ran by local para-military force. They have access to Imperial equipment. :D Mainly Nar Shadaa is ran by the Hutt's so the Imperials leave it a lone since the battle of Nar Shaddaa.

The three Defel's you have to roll a spot check to detect if you can see them or not.

As for the Advosze, you can see them. x - Advosze A - Aqualish

x
A x
x

boccelounge
1 August 2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Character Knowledge

Nar Shadaa is ran by local para-military force. They have access to Imperial equipment. :D Mainly Nar Shadaa is ran by the Hutt's so the Imperials leave it a lone since the battle of Nar Shaddaa.

That's exactly what I'd guessed. Makes perfect sense. Thanks man.


EDIT: are you going to wait to start initiative until everyone else (Uron Treff, I guess) has posted?


EDIT: In case this is needed, I'll give you the check:
Spot Check: (Spot +8) + (d20 roll 16) = 24 Spot.

djas_puhr
1 August 2005, 11:30 AM
Yes, I'm going to wait for our friend in Germany post.

Things will get interesting...

boccelounge
1 August 2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Yes, I'm going to wait for our friend in Germany post.

Things will get interesting...

You mean "MORE interesting"... :)

FYI, I'm taking off in about 2 hours (approx. 1730 EST) for my real-world gaming night... won't be able to check back online until 2300 or so.

Normally, I'd say "go ahead and NPC Custer," but, well, I kinda don't wanna miss the first fight. :)

(I say this just in case the IC thread gets going really quickly this evening)

So if you guys can hold out for me, I'd appreciate it. But it's no big deal if djas_puhr wants to have Custer do a few things... I think he basically wants to a) avoid attention, or failing that, b) run away without fighting, or failing that, c) blow something up, then run away. :D

He'll back up whatever move Tebbo makes, short of anything suididal (such as taking on the AT-UTs ;) ). He'll probably also follow whatever Ach'er and Lyn do, but he's not as sure about them yet...

Vanger Chevane
1 August 2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by boccelounge

Jabba? THE Jabba?!

This deal keeps getting worse all the time...

Just kidding... sounds awesome. And I wanna figure out what this "Tatooine Vacation" they keep talking about is...
Tattoine Vacation is my concept for a multigroup co-op/head-to-head adventure.

Right now the basic nfo is GM-only, and we've got to sort out some basic rules/guidelines (like no killing someone else's PC) before we work up the hooks for each group and how everything's supposed to mesh together so that each group has their own part and place in the grand adventure.


Guys, meet the AT-UT/UE. :D


BTW guys, there is a Spoiler Tag for hiding info...works basically like this (Change { to [...)
{SPOILER=spoiler subject}spoiler text, smirkies will still show through, text will not.{/SPOILER}

boccelounge
1 August 2005, 02:21 PM
UPDATE: As it turns out, RL gaming was cancelled tonight. The guy who's had "perfect attendance" for 3+ years called in sick. Seeing as he's the current GM, we called it.

Anyway, I'll keep my eye on the IC thread tonight. Don't delay because of me.



Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
Tattoine Vacation is my concept for a multigroup co-op/head-to-head adventure.
Thanks for the explanation. Now I'm mentally filing this under "don't ask no questions." :)



Guys, meet the AT-UT/UE. :D
sigh. . . yeah. I was (devilishly) planning to spring this on my group in a few weeks. I guess the trick's on me. I'm sure after they've faced a couple AT-UTs, my players will appreciate the irony I'm experiencing right now... :(

djas_puhr
2 August 2005, 04:47 AM
Yeah, I 'JUST HAD' to use the AT-UT in this game... :D

djas_puhr
2 August 2005, 08:09 AM
Well I'm going to give our friend in Germany one more day to post either in OOC or in IC. If not I will be NPCing Lyn to let the story continue and when he gets back online Lyn will be a PC.

boccelounge
3 August 2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Well I'm going to give our friend in Germany one more day to post either in OOC or in IC. If not I will be NPCing Lyn to let the story continue and when he gets back online Lyn will be a PC.

Well... is he out of time?

I've had three campaigns canceled or delayed this week... I'm hankerin' for some shootin'! (sorry, just getting IC.... ;) )

Uron Teff
3 August 2005, 10:41 AM
Hey I'm really sorry but my grandpa had to go to the hospital, because he had a stroke. And my mum called me that he wants to see me and everything. I thought that he's going to die. But now after two days of observation the doc said he'll be allright.
My realy sorry that I haven't told you earlier, but there was no acces to Internet at my parents place.

So I hope your not that angry!

boccelounge
3 August 2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Hey I'm really sorry but my grandpa had to go to the hospital, because he had a stroke. And my mum called me that he wants to see me and everything. I thought that he's going to die. But now after two days of observation the doc said he'll be allright.
My realy sorry that I haven't told you earlier, but there was no acces to Internet at my parents place.

So I hope your not that angry!

Of course I'm not angry! That's "real" stuff; this roleplaying is nothing compared to family. In fact, I'm sorry if it wasn't clear I was just kiddng around.

I'm very glad to hear that your grandfather will be alright. We've been through very similar experiences with my grandfather, so you have my sympathy.



And I'm in no hurry with this campaign; I was only kidding...

Uron Teff
3 August 2005, 10:56 AM
Apropos gaming and initiative and fighting.

On what side are we fighting? On the side of the local police? Are we fighting for the Aqualish's party? Or are we only going to selfdefend us?

You see, if we help the Aqualish to vanish and not been captured by the police he - if he has something to do with the bombings - could answer us some questions.

On the other side ingame we don't know that the police blames him for the destruction of the Bacta delivery!

What do you think?

boccelounge
3 August 2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Apropos gaming and initiative and fighting.

On what side are we fighting? On the side of the local police? Are we fighting for the Aqualish's party? Or are we only going to selfdefend us?

You see, if we help the Aqualish to vanish and not been captured by the police he - if he has something to do with the bombings - could answer us some questions.

On the other side ingame we don't know that the police blames him for the destruction of the Bacta delivery!

What do you think?

I think it's safe to say that we're on "nobody's side." I can't see any of the Player Characters helping out the Aqualish, but I can't see us helping the police either.

We may not even get into the fighting, unless someone starts firing at us.

I think the GM just wants initiative order since there will be somebody fighting-- even if it's not the PCs. :)

Uron Teff
3 August 2005, 11:05 AM
Yupp!

I thought of staying out of the fighting, too. I just wanted to know what you are going to do.

boccelounge
3 August 2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Yupp!

I thought of staying out of the fighting, too. I just wanted to know what you are going to do.

Well... why should I tell you? ;)

Just kidding. I noted earlier that I think Custer wants to a) avoid attention, or failing that, b) run away without fighting, or failing that, c) blow something up, then run away.

He'll probably back up whatever move Tebbo makes, short of anything suididal (such as taking on the cops outside). He'll probably also follow whatever Ach'er and Lyn do, but he's not as sure about them yet...

But that's all just guesswork-- we'll see what happens.

djas_puhr
3 August 2005, 11:34 AM
Okay, just introduced 'officially' the AT-UT.

If you want you can check out the AT-UT thread, if you can find it...

So far only one AT-UT has shown a part of its weapon package, the FOAM cannon. As for the fight out side the PC's do know something is going on out side, with the door opening and closing...

boccelounge
3 August 2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
As for the fight out side the PC's do know something is going on out side, with the door opening and closing...

Cool-- I was just going to ask that.

So what now? In the course of what you just described IC (the Defel slitting the sarge's throat, etc.), when do the PCs go? Can we act while this is happening, or after?

In either case, I guess Lyn's first.

djas_puhr
3 August 2005, 11:44 AM
Well, the defel got the drop on the sergeant. It goes by init and I'll drop things into the mix as we go for the NPC's to react to what our PC's do.

I listed the Init order so we have a general idea where we are all going to act from. Like in RL we don't really know when the NPC's are going to act.

boccelounge
3 August 2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Well, the defel got the drop on the sergeant. It goes by init and I'll drop things into the mix as we go for the NPC's to react to what our PC's do.

I listed the Init order so we have a general idea where we are all going to act from. Like in RL we don't really know when the NPC's are going to act.

Understood. But I wanted to confirm what happpens next-- is it Lyn's initative? I wasn't sure, reading the IC post, what I was supposed to do. Just making sure I'm doing this right... :)

djas_puhr
3 August 2005, 11:55 AM
Sorry,

Yeah, Lyn moves next and then we all move from there.

BTW, Uron I hope everything with your family is going well. I'm dealling with a family member who recently had to have surgury to remove caner. She is doing well but things are still dicy.

Uron Teff
4 August 2005, 04:34 AM
I'd just want to know if we have to keep up counting all the blaster shoots we have fired?

In my "real life" gaming group we handle it like this:
If you botch the attack roll you ran out of energy.

What are we going to do? Are we counting or are we making a special rule for this?

djas_puhr
4 August 2005, 04:39 AM
A 1 on the d20 will signify an empty clip. No special rules, just simle die mechanics.

chiefcaptin
4 August 2005, 05:55 AM
Is there any windows in the cantina? If so were?And how hevey are the tables? Are they round or square? Is there any gas pipes or big old barrels of beer? If so, how much wound points do they have?

Lots of questions and so little answers.

All this stuff is rellevent to my plan so I need info before the next turn.

djas_puhr
4 August 2005, 06:43 AM
Give me a day or two to come up with a layout of the cantina and the floor plan. I really wasn't thinking when I threw us in the cantina... Sorry about this guys...

::EDIT::

Okay maybe not a day, more like three hours... Well I'm going to post it in the IC thread.

boccelounge
4 August 2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
[Police Captain] Wipe them out. All of them.

LOL.....

You just couldn't resist, eh?

:D

djas_puhr
4 August 2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah, ya got me there...

Classic quotes to come...

:D

chiefcaptin
4 August 2005, 07:14 PM
Slow down Uron.

After one hour you expect djas to post. We are working in Init. order here and the order is from what I've seen so far:

Lyn, Tebbo, Arch'er, Custer, Other people.

(Custer delayed his turn.)

The map looks like this currently:


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Bar I Us I
I ___________________________ I Dumped Tabel - O I
= Back Door I
I O O I
I ---- Thugs Police I
I O O O Entrance =
I ---- Dead Police I
I O O I
I ---- I
I O O O O O I
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Or I've made this with DC but it looks kind of Dungony more than star wars. Please tell me if anything is wrong.

Uron Teff
4 August 2005, 07:15 PM
Okay, I'm sorry!
I change it!

Uron Teff
4 August 2005, 07:22 PM
Don't want to criticize you, but I think there's something not right with the attachment.

chiefcaptin
4 August 2005, 07:23 PM
The old link dosen't work.

C=Custer
A=Ach'er
TB=Tebbo
L=Lyn
P=Police
T=Thugs
D=Defels

I will update it and I can do Exteriors as well!!

chiefcaptin
4 August 2005, 07:30 PM
Oops frogot to post attachment

chiefcaptin
4 August 2005, 07:31 PM
Please try it and see if it works for you

Uron Teff
4 August 2005, 07:35 PM
Yeah! It works!
I like it, its quiet cool that you made it!
Love it!

boccelounge
4 August 2005, 08:59 PM
Well, we're in for it now... shooting the lawmen *whistles*. ;)

I think it'd be good if everyone indicated their initiative phase when they post. Something like:

---------------
CUSTER

Initiative 6

Move Action... etc.
---------------

Just so we're sure who's doing what and when, and so we know who's expected to post next.

It's working well enough so far, but this might make it even smoother...

I take it djas_puhr is next, right? It should be the third round by my reckoning. I won't post anything IC until he resolves our combat actions.

Fun stuff!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 August 2005, 11:20 PM
Heya all :) Just thought i'd drop in and comment for a few min. Been reading the IC thread, The game is looking good sofar, and off to a great start! You've got a good story formula here. Definately an interesting read :)

Also, nice map! DC.. Dungeon Crafter?, as I do all mine from scratch in corel draw. It looks fine as it is, wouldn't have known until i read a page back. Guess it depends what yer drawing ;) As for DC, i think theres more tile maps you can download, i recal see'ing some sci-fi ones before...
Btw, bmp's work ok for small image sizes but they may be too big in file size as you make larger maps (the forums only allow up to ~1mb max file size attachment). both GIF and JPEG are good format alternatives with smaller file sizes. If your stuff is 256 color, go gif, else either works fine. Except jpeg is bad for opening, editing and re-saving the same file over and over again. if working with jpeg, make a master file to work and edit from then save a copy of it as jpeg to maintain optimal quality. I wasn't sure if anyone was aware of this or not, so I figured i'd best offer a few tips anyways. if any further questions regarding it, feel free to ask ;) (no offense intended). Using webspace to host the file and link to the page also works if/when you've got webspace to use, but yeah file attachments work when in lack of.

Anyways, keep the good roleplaying stuff going! Its fun and easy to read along, and i hope its just as fun for the gm's running it as it is for the players playing it ;)

:edit: ok, yep theres sci-fi tilesets for DC in there downloads section, possibly more via google search. Also came across DungeonForge (http://www.dungeonforge.com/) and can import the tilesets from DC as described in this link (http://www.dungeoncrafter.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=227) ... there, perhaps theres some promising options if/when needing to make more floorplans for this awesome game :)

chiefcaptin
5 August 2005, 06:25 AM
Thanx Terras for the tips.

I tried dungon forge but it didn't work as well.

I downloaded the si-fi tiles but they won't be compatible with the current furniture so their won't be much of it.

Uron Teff
5 August 2005, 08:14 AM
I'm out of town for pen and paper gaming.
I'll be back in two days of time!
See ya then!

djas_puhr
5 August 2005, 08:59 AM
Well, I guess I'll NPC Lyn for now...

BTW I'm about finished with my part and the police and thugs. I'll be posting soon.

boccelounge
5 August 2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar & Raven
Heya all :) Just thought i'd drop in and comment for a few min. Been reading the IC thread, The game is looking good sofar, and off to a great start! You've got a good story formula here. Definately an interesting read...

Anyways, keep the good roleplaying stuff going! Its fun and easy to read along, and i hope its just as fun for the gm's running it as it is for the players playing it.

Yeah, thanks for popping by. It's great to see a little "outside" interest. Good to see you. Take care...
.
.
.
.
(Once he's gone, to the others):

FYI, Terras is the evil mastermind who created the AT-UT/UE, or, as I like to call, the ENGINE OF DOOM that is about to end our very short adventuring lives...

;) ;) :D :D ;) ;)

djas_puhr
5 August 2005, 10:24 AM
Come now you really think I'd let :wicket: in the 'Engine of Doom' 8o this early would you?

:D

You're right I would.

boccelounge
5 August 2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Come now you really think I'd let :wicket: in the 'Engine of Doom' 8o this early would you?

:D

You're right I would.


LOL...

[Sam Jackson voice]
Sh*t, you sending the :wicket: ? That's all you had to say, motherfather...
[/Sam Jackson voice]

Awesome.


BTW, I just read the IC post that ended with Lyn ducking from a grenade. First-- nicely done, tying together all the various IC posts into a continuous stream of action. Second, who's next? I'm having a hard time trying to know when to post initiative actions. I'm not complaining about anyone else's posting-- it's been great fun. I just don't want to go too slow/too fast with my own posts. Can you help me out?

djas_puhr
5 August 2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
I'm out of town for pen and paper gaming.
I'll be back in two days of time!
See ya then!

So I've decided to NPC Lyn only for two days of time. That way we can blitz through this and get to the next part.

That would give Tebbo next go, then Ach'er at init 7 and Custer at init 6.

boccelounge
5 August 2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
So I've decided to NPC Lyn only for two days of time. That way we can blitz through this and get to the next part.

That would give Tebbo next go, then Ach'er at init 7 and Custer at init 6.

Thanks.

chiefcaptin
5 August 2005, 12:04 PM
Never Mind

Vjerzag
5 August 2005, 04:21 PM
Can I join group? I would like to play Trandoshan ex. slaver. Other options are also fine.

chiefcaptin
5 August 2005, 06:31 PM
Please PM djas_puhr before posting. We currently have 5 PCs so don't count on it.

djas_puhr
9 August 2005, 03:59 AM
My appologies. I was out on a field exercise and just got back on Monday evening Eastern time. I will have something up later in the day of 09 Aug.

Again I'm sorry about not letting you all know were I was.

boccelounge
9 August 2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
My appologies. I was out on a field exercise and just got back on Monday evening Eastern time. I will have something up later in the day of 09 Aug.

Again I'm sorry about not letting you all know were I was.

Real-life always trumps games, in my book. Especially when real-life involves defense of the Free World. :)

But thanks for the update.

djas_puhr
9 August 2005, 12:07 PM
Boccelounge, sorry but I had to grab your character and move him to safety. Ach'er is really like me in some respects, willing to save someone even it might cost him his life. So I hope you don't mind me moving your character...

boccelounge
9 August 2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Boccelounge, sorry but I had to grab your character and move him to safety. Ach'er is really like me in some respects, willing to save someone even it might cost him his life. So I hope you don't mind me moving your character...

What?! You saved my life??!! Damn you!!!

:D

No, seriously, thanks!

I was going to have Custer jump away, but I was waiting for "my turn" to do it (and hoping it wouldn't blow before I got a chance to react!). No apology necessary!


And, may I say, we are screwed. ;)

djas_puhr
9 August 2005, 12:23 PM
Kobayashi Maru

That's all I'm going to say...

Kobayashi Maru

boccelounge
9 August 2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Kobayashi Maru

That's all I'm going to say...

Kobayashi Maru

LOL!

OK, then I re-program the training computers.

:D


I'm checking out for a while-- it's too nice out side, and the bike trails are calling. I'll be back this evening to see what's up.

Uron Teff
9 August 2005, 01:07 PM
I need to get some termal detonators :D

chiefcaptin
9 August 2005, 03:08 PM
Please get your charecters in the bar. Just do it. If djas is nice this could work perfectly and we can just walk out like it never happened. Maby hire a freak with a good disguise bonus and get our selves new idenitys and we'll be fine.;)

djas_puhr
10 August 2005, 05:58 AM
Which pipe are you aiming at? The one closests to the Police squads 4, 5 and 6? Or are you aiming at the ones closer to the Gran and the Rodain?

Help me out here! There are two pipes that run parallel to eachother at opposite ends of the building.

However, there is that Purple pipe up in the celling...

chiefcaptin
10 August 2005, 06:25 AM
The one that goes next to the thugs. If we wash them out and empty the pipe fast enough while hiding behind the cover of the bar, it should sweep them and the police away from the back door and we can just prance on out.

djas_puhr
10 August 2005, 06:43 AM
interesting...

Stay tuned and find out the thrilling conclusion to this adventure...

chiefcaptin
10 August 2005, 06:45 AM
I sense an EVIL gm oppertunity arrising. Here's the deal, my plan works or Tebbo shoots Ach'er in the head!! Life? Death? Life? Death? :D

Just kidding :rolleyes:


It's your turn by the way...

djas_puhr
10 August 2005, 09:42 AM
chiefcaptin could you remove


As a suggestion, please help me shoot the pipe because we want the full force of all the water sweeping everyone out, not just a drip. Ofcourse, this will only work if our all mighty GM djas alows it.

You got your answer in IC

djas_puhr
10 August 2005, 11:06 AM
Well let us see here...

Tebbo and Ach'er are behind the bar. The bar height is 1.5m and run the length from the wall to about 12m straight out. The only opening into the bar is from the right side were the second police are coming in and fighting the thugs.

Lyn was braced behind the table, which was facing the blast so she escape relativly unharmed. Emotion wise I think she has anger issues, (IC perspective of the PC) and then that leaves Custer.

Custer we left you near in an alcove away from the blast and face down in the ground. You got up and dragged me towards the Rodain and three Grans. One of which threw the thermal det...

(what were you thinking walking towards someone with thermal dets, your lucky that the GM doesn't blow us all up...)

Custer stands up and takes a snap shot on a Gran while drawing a second blaster. You do miss, the bolt misses wide right and up.

So we have four guys blocking "Door Number Two", a squad of police blocking "Door Number One", and bodies and carnage blocking the main entrance.

*insert the song 'Bodies' from Drowning Pool*

boccelounge
10 August 2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Well let us see here...

Tebbo and Ach'er are behind the bar. The bar height is 1.5m and run the length from the wall to about 12m straight out. The only opening into the bar is from the right side were the second police are coming in and fighting the thugs.

Lyn was braced behind the table, which was facing the blast so she escape relativly unharmed. Emotion wise I think she has anger issues, (IC perspective of the PC) and then that leaves Custer.
Thanks!



Custer we left you near in an alcove away from the blast and face down in the ground. You got up and dragged me towards the Rodain and three Grans. One of which threw the thermal det...

(what were you thinking walking towards someone with thermal dets, your lucky that the GM doesn't blow us all up...)
Yeah, me so crazy...

But a) I thought I was dragging you/me/us toward the bar, and that bar = cover; and b) I think if a guy's throwing bombs, the BEST place to be is right next to him (assuming he has even a rudimentary self-survival instinct). ;)

But you're right: this GM is pretty crazy, so who knows what will come of it. ;) ;)

Uron Teff
10 August 2005, 11:39 AM
Hey, are there beer(or some other alcoholic drink) barrels behind the bar or underneath it? It would be useful if there would be some high percentage alcohol what used to be stored under pressure.

Would be nice way to get rid of those thugs by kicking off the valve! :D

Are there any?

djas_puhr
10 August 2005, 11:55 AM
Yeah there are some Ebla Beer, Fizzbrew, Merenzane Gold, Corellian Brandy, Double-brandy and reserve, Garrmorl, Juri Juice, Phibian Beer, Shesharilian Vodka, Sullustan Gin, Vasarian Brandy, just to name a few. Here (http://theforce.net/swenc/categories.asp?category=5&type=90&qualifier=0) is a listing of the alcoholic beverages in the SW universe.

Uron Teff
10 August 2005, 11:59 AM
Are they in barrels? And are they stored under presure?

djas_puhr
10 August 2005, 12:03 PM
The 'Beer' are in kegs under the bar. As for the brandies and Vodka those would be in bottles on the shelf in the middle of the bar.

The kegs would be under some presure, think like RW kegs, there are about ten unopened kegs and three opened kegs of various types of beer.

Just remember, Tebbo got's himself a det-pack and remote...

BTW check Fizzbrew on TheForce.net it gives a good discription I think you would like...

Uron Teff
10 August 2005, 12:22 PM
But we don't need to blast the whole bar, do we? We/Tebbo could keep the det-pack and we could use the kegs to "shot" the thugs.

But otherwise we could use the det-pack to "detonate" a "hole" into the wall. (I think the effect would be that there is no wall instead of a hole in the wall).

But I just wanted to add an other idea than to atomize half a block to get our way out of this cantina. ;)

djas_puhr
10 August 2005, 02:20 PM
I know, just wasn't sure if Tebbo would toss it up on the water main and detenate it...

chiefcaptin
10 August 2005, 02:48 PM
That wouldn't work unless it's magnetic. Plus Tebbo has no points in demolitions so see my next post for what I do!!

djas_puhr
10 August 2005, 04:38 PM
Most det-packs have a magnetic grip. Like in the Jedi Knight video games...

I'll have the water main break when I post tomorrow. I'm going to head to bed.

djas_puhr
11 August 2005, 07:43 AM
Chiefcaptin, could you clean up your last post by removing


(asuming the water idea works)

and


I'm having trouble using my actions It's not an all out firefight so I can't just shoot randomly. Plus I don't have multiple attacks.

Your friendly GM is feeling nice today, (I got accepted to Pierce College at Puyallup, Washington for spring quarter '06. I'm offically out of the Navy in March '06, but I'm trying to get out in Dec '05.) so could you please clean it up.

chiefcaptin
11 August 2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Chiefcaptin, could you clean up your last post by removing



and



Your friendly GM is feeling nice today, (I got accepted to Pierce College at Puyallup, Washington for spring quarter '06. I'm offically out of the Navy in March '06, but I'm trying to get out in Dec '05.) so could you please clean it up.

Done cleaning up!!

Now to the good stuff.

Congraulations on geting into collage djas! And congaulations on getting out of the navy man!! Your free now, no more up tight saluting and that junk.

chiefcaptin
11 August 2005, 08:18 AM
double post

djas_puhr
11 August 2005, 08:20 AM
double post glich again...

LOL

Funny how it happens sometimes... I think its my turn now... not to sure...

Uron Teff
11 August 2005, 08:36 AM
Congratulations!

Now (December 05 LOL) your of the duty for your country you can keep an eye the importend stuff in live!

Bilding a family.
Studying at the collage.
More SWRPGing.
Even more SWRPGing.
And last but not least concentrate on ...
*tatatata*
The Star Wars RPG :D

And now back to topic:
How many troopers are there left in the cantina?

djas_puhr
11 August 2005, 10:06 AM
Let see here...

There are still the three squads, (four men per squad) by 'Door Number One.'

Three and a half squads are all that is left of the troops blocking the main entrance. Of these squads two are taking there time in getting to the fight, while the others are in the main part of the cantina.

However, 'Door Number Two' is cleared of the thugs blocking are path.

djas_puhr
11 August 2005, 10:23 AM
Okay did the math, and it is my turn. So Ach'er made his move, albeit a lame move, but he made his move none the less. I added it as an edit to the last IC post...

boccelounge
11 August 2005, 10:37 AM
man... I'm blank today. Sitting here staring at the IC thread, unsure what to write. In the last two days, I've finished writing one campaign, start writing another, developed 15-18 NPCs for my tabletop campaign, and i think the well has run (temporarily) dry. :(

Anyway, I'll add to the congratulations on college acceptance, djas_puhr. Nice going!

djas_puhr
11 August 2005, 10:41 AM
No worries...

My mind is dry as well that is why I added the lame,


Ach'er, dazed and confused, continutes to cover Tebbo.

Yeah brain is dead from all the good news I got today...

As for writing this campaign. All I have writen down is the opening sequence. After that all I have is an outline with different outcomes based off of y'alls interactions with the story. In other words, I'm adlibbing the story as we go... 8o

boccelounge
11 August 2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
No worries...

My mind is dry as well that is why I added the lame,
Well, I got something down in the IC thread. I hope it isn't confusing. The old Jump rules were never clean, IMO. Too bad Star Wars RCR came out just before they streamlined Jump for D&D 3.5.

Anyway, let me know if my post was unclear, and/or my imagination of the bar layout is way off. :)




Yeah brain is dead from all the good news I got today...

As for writing this campaign. All I have writen down is the opening sequence. After that all I have is an outline with different outcomes based off of y'alls interactions with the story. In other words, I'm adlibbing the story as we go... 8o
That's the best way to go, IMO. I call my own campaign prep approach "preparing to improvise." I try to get all the rules-heavy stuff and big important plot stuff out of the way first, then let the rest just fill in naturally, by the players. But it means there's I have a TON of work to do up front, before a campaign starts...

Oh well, I'm nearly done (with one... there's always more... ).

djas_puhr
11 August 2005, 11:21 AM
DC 10 for Hop up to bar height (d20 + Str + Jump - AC if applicable); Bar height is consider 1.5m or about 4' 11"

DC 10 for long jump to the door (d20 + Str + Jump - AC if applicable); distance to door is 3 meters.

umm... that's what I'm using for the DC's so roll them dices.

Mind you this is sorta using the D&D 3.5 rules to Jump

**EDIT**

Guess you post in IC then OOC before I finished with this post... Well if you want to fix it you can if not you're wet and must make a relex save in order to not be swept away.

**EDIT 2**

+5 Rank in Tumble = +2 to Jump
+5 Ranks in Jump = +2 Tumble

boccelounge
11 August 2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
DC 10 for Hop up to bar height (d20 + Str + Jump - AC if applicable); Bar height is consider 1.5m or about 4' 11"

DC 10for long jump to the door (d20 + Str + Jump - AC if applicable); distance to door is 3 meters.

umm... that's what I'm using for the DC's so roll them dices.

Mind you this is sorta using the D&D 3.5 rules to Jump

**EDIT**

Guess you post in IC then OOC before I finished with this post... Well if you want to fix it you can if not you're wet and must make a relex save in order to not be swept away.

I'll modify my IC post right now. Thanks for the rules clarification; I was trying to play it straight from the RCR, but I much prefer the "new style" Jump rules-- and it seems you do too.

I'll also add my Reflex roll, and wait for you to tell me what results...

djas_puhr
11 August 2005, 11:58 AM
DC for jump to the door is 10, not 15. You need 6.0 meters to jump without doubling the DC for the long jump. SO that puts you in mid air on the way down. Next round you will land prone, and make the DC save for reflex.

boccelounge
11 August 2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
DC for jump to the door is 10, not 15. You need 6.0 meters to jump with out doubling the DC for the long jump. SO that puts you in mid air on the way down. Next round you will land prone, and make the DC save for reflex.

*hangs head*

As well as a minor case of writer's block, my reading comprehension also seems to be on the fritz today...

I'll go fix that too. :(


BTW, I disagree with your ruling on being in mid-air. Jump is part of a larger Move Action; if you jump (for example) 2m and your base speed is 10m, then you have 8m left to move after the Jump, all as part of the same Move Action.

Custer would've had some movement leftover on his FIRST Move Action after jumping up onto the bar (8.5m, by my reckoning), and used that to "get up to speed" for his next jump, which occurred as part of his SECOND Move Action (assuming the bar was at least 6m long).

I was thinking that failing to hit the Jump DC just meant Custer lands short, but still has (10m -minus- distance jumped) movement left.

But I'll (gladly) go with whatever you rule. I'm much more interested in a good story than getting into rules-heavy discussion. Unless you say otherwise, he is dramatically poised in mid-air... :)

djas_puhr
11 August 2005, 12:25 PM
I'm going by memory here on the D&D 3.5 rules.

30 ft = 10m give or take an inch or two

It takes 20 ft in a straight line to have a 'running start', roughly 6.0 meters. The distance to the doorway is 3m or about 9 ft.

The hop up to the bar cost 1.5m of movement, leaving you with 6.0m of movement.

Not having any ranks in Jump and you beat the DC by 5 you land on your feet.

Again I might be wrong, but either way I won't leave you out to dry...

**EDIT**

D&D 3.5 rules for jump (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/jump.htm)

Boccelounge, if I'm off the rocker on this you do land, but you are prone. Sorry my bad. SO you are prone at the door, no Reflex save needed because of making the jump, but not beating it by 5 means prone.

Cool?

Sorry, long day at work and I don't have any of my material here with me.

boccelounge
11 August 2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Boccelounge, if I'm off the rocker on this you do land, but you are prone. Sorry my bad. SO you are prone at the door, no Reflex save needed because of making the jump, but not beating it by 5 means prone.

Cool?

Sorry, long day at work and I don't have any of my material here with me.

Thanks!

But I thought the Reflex save was to avoid being swept away by the water? No? I was hoping that I at least made that roll... :/


And I just want to stress that I'm NOT trying to rules-lawyer this issue; you have my trust as GM, and I'm confident that you'll give us a good story, which is what I really care about.

So please, think of my comments as clarifications, and just general "rules-talk" for its own sake. ;)

Uron Teff
11 August 2005, 12:47 PM
Maybe I missed something but the RCR says that jump is an attack action!

Tell me if this is changed in some kinda houserule.

boccelounge
11 August 2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Maybe I missed something but the RCR says that jump is an attack action!

Tell me if this is changed in some kinda houserule.

Arghh!

Yes, you're correct.

Forgive me, but:
- I'm confusing RCR rules with D&D 3.5 rules,
- I'm confusing RCR rules with my real-life houserules,
- I'm temporarily dumb today. :(


So Custer jumps up onto the bar, runs down the bar toward the "office door," and then falls off, into the water. Does that work? :?

Uron Teff
11 August 2005, 01:13 PM
What is the DC for the Reflex saving throw to avoid the effects of the rush of water bursting down on Custer and Lyn?

And what happens if they ( in other words I because of Custer's high check result) fail?

Do I trip? :(

Or am I going to undergo the worst case scenario?

Uron Teff
11 August 2005, 02:29 PM
Oh...

I just saw that Chiefcaptin/Tebbo safed me!

I just wanted to say thank you, my hero! *blink blink*

djas_puhr
11 August 2005, 03:02 PM
Okay, so much for me trying to wing the rules. I'm going to be taking a break this weekend. GF wants to hang out so I'm abliged to take her out on a date, i.e. back country of Virginia.

From now on I'm sneaking in my RCRB to work, no questions ask. If they do I'll use Affect Mind on my weak minded coworkers. They don't know the power of the force...

'nough of that rambling. I'll write up a rebuttle to the events and close things out nicely for the weekend.

djas_puhr
11 August 2005, 03:44 PM
BTW Reflex save for being swept away by the water is 15.

I'll finish writing soon... (if work would stop calling me at home...)

chiefcaptin
12 August 2005, 07:01 AM
Hey Uron!

No need for elabrat thank yous, I grabed you because you were closest. Which was dumb because Custer had a less chance of making it. Wait,

CUSTER!!! USE LUCK NOW!!!

Custer makes it!! good the only people who fall just get lucky and catch the side!

Ha no need for me any ways. Sould have waited for Ach'er to fall it.:rolleyes:

djas_puhr
12 August 2005, 11:05 AM
Okay after a morning dealing with a hang over the size of 'The Maw' and a bad case of writers block I'm finishing up the final touches to the scene. Y'all are in for a laugh...

djas_puhr
12 August 2005, 12:02 PM
FYI, I will not be going on camping. Due to a possible huricane swinging through Virginia I have placed on alert for recall for the disaster team. Offically I'm on a 96 hour recall, but things can change. I will be able to up date some on the IC and OOC threads.

Uron Teff
12 August 2005, 02:09 PM
Damn I'm so sorry bocce !

Where is my head? HAS ANYBODY SEEN MY HEAD?
I must have droped it somewhere!
Damn!

I was sure that it was the next round! Damn!

Please accept my apology! blink blink

djas_puhr
12 August 2005, 03:26 PM
Okay, back up here...

Uron Teff you can keep the dialog on post. As for the standing up part if you choose to do so you loose that action next round. OR you can help Tebbo up as well and I won't count it against either of you. To keep with the cinematography of the story... If it were me take option #2.

Boccelounge

Last time I checked you had your footing so you can try and 'wade' up stream for one meter. You would move at 1/4 speed to move up. HOWEVER, if you do want to swim DC is 15, (good job on setting the DC BTW) failure by five or more means under water... I would say since you lost on two move actions you move back only two meters. If someone thinks different please let me know, never really delt with rushing water and failed checks...

As for Custers two post... Use one for the dialog and the other for OOC rolls and stuff...:raised:

That leaves me to write what happens next then Uron it will be your move...

So lets tidy up the IC thread just a bit and I'll finish with the Cops & Robbers... I'm in a good mood, just got some...

Uron Teff
12 August 2005, 03:34 PM
.
Orinially posted by djas_puhr
So lets tidy up the IC thread just a bit and I'll finish with the Cops & Robbers... I'm in a good mood, just got some...

To get the IC tidier I'll save my post and put it were it belongs....

AFTER BOCCE!
*still searching for his head*

Question:

What are the NPC doing? Are they standing around? :?

djas_puhr
12 August 2005, 03:51 PM
Well the thugs are swiming... Not really but they are in the water away from the door.

As for the police, they are getting wet from the busted pipe but nothing to worry about yet...

boccelounge
12 August 2005, 03:51 PM
Uron Teff: don't worry about it, I wasn't worried about the posts being a little out of order... it's just the chaos of battle, right? :) And I felt like I was taking too long to come up with my own post... :(



Originally posted by djas_puhr
Boccelounge

Last time I checked you had your footing so you can try and 'wade' up stream for one meter. You would move at 1/4 speed to move up. HOWEVER, if you do want to swim DC is 15, (good job on setting the DC BTW) failure by five or more means under water... I would say since you lost on two move actions you move back only two meters. If someone thinks different please let me know, never really delt with rushing water and failed checks...
OK, that works. I assumed that any "movement" in water was, by default, swimming. So instead, Custer will just walk at 1/4 speed... I'll fix the IC post.




As for Custers two post... Use one for the dialog and the other for OOC rolls and stuff...
I'm not quite sure what you want... do you want separate posts for IC and OCC? Or should I just delete the comment I made to Uron?

As I've noted, I've never PbP'd before, so I have no pre-conceived notions on how it should go-- I'll do it however you want.




So lets tidy up the IC thread just a bit and I'll finish with the Cops & Robbers... I'm in a good mood, just got some...
I think I'll leave that one alone... ;)

djas_puhr
12 August 2005, 03:54 PM
sure use two post.

1 for IC related items

2nd for OOC, rolls, movement, etc.


I think I'll leave that one alone.

Good, now I'll be back in a bit...

Uron Teff
12 August 2005, 04:06 PM
To get this straight:

Are we supposed to write two posts on the IC or have we the possibility to write two (one for discribing the action and a secound for rolls and OOC stuff)?


As said somewhere else before:
(Sometimes I think) My english sucks!

chiefcaptin
12 August 2005, 07:25 PM
This sucks like mad dudes!!

I was planning on a conflicting relation with Tebbo and Lyn since one's sinister and serous while Tebbos light hearted and humerous. But I'm to damn good at roleplaying to let her just fall and Tebbo would help her first mostly because she was closest. That's Tebbo.

By the way, how do Duros speak. Do they have some sort of accent. If no one knows I would like to intergrate a canadian personality into my charecter. (Being origanaly form Canada myself:))

boccelounge
12 August 2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
By the way, how do Duros speak. Do they have some sort of accent. If no one knows I would like to intergrate a canadian personality into my charecter. (Being origanaly form Canada myself:))

That works for me-- sounds like a great idea!

But, as a Dumb American, all I know of Canadian dialect is "eh" and "hoser" and "sensible national heath care system." Are you saying there's more? ;) :)

Uron Teff
12 August 2005, 10:10 PM
Hey your right chife!

This is my fault! I take this one. Bad roleplay from my side!

Shouldn't have helped you to get up. And I was just listening to the GM in this case a mistake (no offence).

Sorry dude. I'll take this and keep it in mind above all the confusing action around us.

Maybe you consider it as an attempt of being perfidious? :(

****! Merde! If I was flexible enough I would bite myself in my own @$$!

I'll be bad and vicious. Damn!

Uron Teff
12 August 2005, 10:47 PM
Though all my bad roleplay I like your idea of bring accents into the game.

And thus to improve my role play I like to know if Twi'lek do speak any.

(Damn I'm angry about me being so kind and helpful! :mad: )

chiefcaptin
13 August 2005, 05:23 AM
But, as a Dumb American, all I know of Canadian dialect is "eh" and "hoser" and "sensible national heath care system." Are you saying there's more?

LOL

Well I'm thinking a midwest canadian. Totaly exaturated "eh"s every 3 sentences. These people are all farmers.

LOL
Just kidding.

I'm from Onterio myself so I'm acculy going to do a refined canadian. No hosers or anything. Just think of it this way. The closer to the coast you get, the more refined canadians. My uncle lived in the midwest all his life and now after 15 years serving in the navy down near nova scotia, he says eh only once a day.

Another canadian trait is patratism.

I've never known a canadian to insult his leader and if you try to call a canadian an amarican, we take offence.

So remember kids!!

Tebbos a Duros, not a Bith!:D

djas_puhr
15 August 2005, 08:18 AM
I'd do an accent for Ach'er but in RL I don't have one... I'm from the Pacific Northwest, specifically the greater Seattle area.

Go for the adding accents, I think it would bring more depth to your characters. Feel free to explore and develope your characters, that is how I like to run campaigns. I like character growth, so feel free to do so. As long as it is in reason and works within the campaign.

As for the Canadians, I like them alot. My best friend is from BC, Canada. He just got married to my friend about six months ago though... Now they both live in Seattle, go figure...

As for the helping each other out, it was a way to keep the original posts without having an impact on your movements for the next round.

Also, as for the two post thing, that was only for Custer since we have an extra post in there... If someone would alert the Moderator to remove that 'extra' post that would be help full. We will continue using the single posts for IC and OOC rolls.

Sorry about this weekend. I haven't seen my girlfriend since July 2004. So yeah, go figure...

Well I will now try and get things running faster to finish up this little scene and get ALL of use, (yes that means you Kal Nova) together for a little fun...

*insert evil laugh* were is that button...

boccelounge
15 August 2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Go for the adding accents, I think it would bring more depth to your characters. Feel free to explore and develope your characters, that is how I like to run campaigns. I like character growth, so feel free to do so. As long as it is in reason and works within the campaign.
I agree, but it's funny we're talking about it... this whole time, I've been trying not to give Custer too much of an accent... he keeps trying to slip into full-on "cowboy" mode. :)




Also, as for the two post thing, that was only for Custer since we have an extra post in there... If someone would alert the Moderator to remove that 'extra' post that would be help full. We will continue using the single posts for IC and OOC rolls.
Ah! That clarifies it. Gotcha.




Sorry about this weekend. I haven't seen my girlfriend since July 2004. So yeah, go figure...
Aw, man, talk about "unnecessary apologies." Go ahead, take another weekend, on the house.




Well I will now try and get things running faster to finish up this little scene and get ALL of use, (yes that means you Kal Nova) together for a little fun....
Yeah, it's been running well enough, and quite fun, but I wonder if it would work better if we just wrote IC what we generally did, and you resolved all the details.

I saw a good example of this approach HERE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16717&perpage=15&pagenumber=7). The players just post short stuff like "OOC: switch to multifire and attack the guys in the corner" and the GM (Ronin) rolls all the dice behind the scenes, and just describes the results.

I'm up for any approach, and the one we're using seems to work, but this other thing looked good too, so I thought I'd see what y'all (regional accent, not mine) thought about it.

chiefcaptin
16 August 2005, 07:53 AM
God can we get maps like that too!:D

Please Djas Come on you can't be that bad of an artist.:P

djas_puhr
16 August 2005, 07:58 AM
Fine, I'll try my hand at Paint... Though I haven't messed with paint in a LONG TIME. I'll try and come up with something...

chiefcaptin
16 August 2005, 08:18 AM
YAY FOR DJAS!!!!:D :D

We get maps! We get maps!

Now I accully know where the hell I am. For the first 10 posts I thought we were on the left side of the room in some sort of han solo style corner.

boccelounge
16 August 2005, 08:18 AM
Ah, maps. Sweet wonderful maps.



BTW, to answer your question in the "crazy" thread, I think that Custer just went, so... Lyn is up (?).

djas_puhr
16 August 2005, 09:12 AM
Right, right... Lyn! YOU'RE THE NEXT CONTESTANT ON THE PRICE IS RIGHT...

Uron Teff
16 August 2005, 09:46 AM
I don't think so!


Delay action till after Ach'er
Is it possible to be before Custer but after Ach'er?
.
:? :? :? :? :? :? :?
But if Tebbo isn't moving/acting. Fine!

djas_puhr
16 August 2005, 10:20 AM
No worries about the late post... As for the hook, yeah Ach'er tossed it back to you.

Uron Teff
16 August 2005, 05:13 PM
Okay guys I'd like to point out that this is a PLAY BY POST rpg. So therefore I'm not supporting your interpretation of pbp.

Maybe I'll announce my actions till next september.

You know, I'm just a player and that's why I'm not tollerating your *announce every action for the next five rounds* behavior.

This is pbp and I'll have to wait until its my turn (or somebody retires). And I don't know what's the aim for such a behavior is.

Can you please explain this to me?

chiefcaptin
16 August 2005, 05:35 PM
We've been in this cantina for about a month give or take. We want to roleplay not say I shoot him over and over again. We've been low on good roleplaying opertunitys so we just want to get this over with.

djas_puhr
16 August 2005, 05:47 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Uron about this one...

We have to remember some of us are not on the same time zones and therefore take a little more time to post. I have accepted this and use it to my advantage whenever I can.

Turn sequence is now to Boccelounge, Djas_puhr, Cheifcaptin and then the goon squad. So please limit yourselfs to one round per post and I will then do my thing.

I'm getting us out of this situation as fast as I can. However, again people are on different time zones and RW issues come up. I will be getting us out of this mess and on with the rest of the mission. Please have patients.

Uron Teff
16 August 2005, 05:49 PM
But if you start like this there will be much confusion in the game!
And think about it for a while....
Maybe there is an other way than to blast his way through the lines of adversaries. Maybe there are non, anymore?
There are so much possibilities and you just said...


When ever he enter's a room:
Spot Check
Spot Check #1= Roll 16 + Wisdom mod 1 = 17
Spot Check #2= Roll 12 + Wisom mod 1= 13
If there is an enemy:
Attack Rolls=
#1 16 roll + 6 mod = 22
#2 16 roll + 6 mod = 22
#3 8 roll + 6 mod = 14
#4 2 roll + 6 mod = 8
#5 19 roll + 6 mod = 25

Damage rolls=
#1 8+3+2=13
#2 5+7+6=18
#3 7+2+3=12
#4 7+3+1=11
#5 3+4+5=12


And there is only one possibility left: a killing spree.

Somehow my char would like to do this but I as RPG-player do not support your way of action.

Stay calm and be patient. Some day we'll leave the cantina.

P.S.: We're playing a story/are parts of that story. Let us play all parts of the Story. Is Tebbo standing all the time at the same spot? Does he just shot at everything emotionless what might be an opponent?
Therefore I do not agree with your opinion. But do as you wish!

boccelounge
16 August 2005, 06:36 PM
Hey!

Sorry!

I posted on the IC thread before I read the last few posts here.

I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.

Frankly, I'm just neck-deep in "Band of Brothers" stuff, and I was trying to quickly get a couple rounds in here, while everyone was crossing the water.

A very lame excuse, to be sure.

Sorry to post the exact thing (in IC) that you guys were saying (here) we shouldn't post... it was completely coincidental.

Uron Teff
16 August 2005, 06:46 PM
You know to make spot checks is somehow different than making attack rolls forward to any threatingly situation. BTW there isn't anything you could have done in the period of time since Ach'er used his grappling Spike launcher to get on the "other side" to the point where Lyn got on the other side, neither.

You could have walked into the next room without back up! But that isn't quite smart.

You tried to give us (Ach'er, Tebbo and Lyn) cover. You weren't heading to the next seen, previsional expecting to bust goons!
(No offence Chief!)

boccelounge
16 August 2005, 10:49 PM
I just caught a dumb error on Cus' stat record.

I was so enamored with the cool pic, I just gave him DL-44's, not even thinking about them being heavy blasters, and thus Medium weapons, and thus not optimal for two-weapon fighting.

Dumb mistake, now fixed.

I swapped them for DL-22s, a light blaster that looks very similar to the -44. that cool, GM?

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 05:50 AM
.......Wrong Thread Again Bocce.....

I'll fix my post and make it better. This is okay, If boss man is giving us maps I'm perfectly fine with anything. Djas, your wish is my command.

boccelounge
17 August 2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
.......Wrong Thread Again Bocce.....

I'll fix my post and make it better. This is okay, If boss man is giving us maps I'm perfectly fine with anything. Djas, your wish is my command.

Ah, now I see what happened. I use Mozilla, and usually have multiple threads open on multiple tabs. [custer voice]Must've got a mite confused[/custer voice]. I'll swap the posts.

djas_puhr
17 August 2005, 11:39 AM
Sound cool...

Here is the Cantina as invisioned by my mind...

EDIT 2

Redownload cantina, it should show the thugs dead with an X over them. As well as the dead police, thugs and Aqualish.

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 12:09 PM
Good Job man!! Exellent!

djas_puhr
17 August 2005, 12:10 PM
I forgot the tables and chairs... :(

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 12:50 PM
Who cares were out of that room and I know I'm not going back!;) By the way. Is there a back door the way we're going? If not how bout you blast the wall.

djas_puhr
17 August 2005, 02:03 PM
Well, we could search for a 'secret' passage. Since our friend Jolix Troet, the Aqualish male that the police are after, isn't in the room. This is considered IC knowledge.

boccelounge
18 August 2005, 09:10 AM
Are we stalled, djas? Who's next IC?

And Custer's all in favor of looking for a secret escape-- he was thinking the same thing when he suggested going after the Aqualish, way back when.

But blowing out a wall is always an option... :raised:

djas_puhr
18 August 2005, 09:31 AM
I'm not sure... Let me check the IC thread and I'll /tell whoever needs to go, to go.

**EDIT**

/tell djas_puhr WAKE UP DUDE, YOU'RE SLOW! START POSTING

Alrighty then... Just waiting for a minor clean up on aisle 91 down the IC Q:TU Merc's thread please... Then I believe I post then Tebbo, follow by Custer. SO I'm going to lead the pack into the room. Ready to have fun?

chiefcaptin
18 August 2005, 10:13 AM
Custers before me now.

djas_puhr
18 August 2005, 10:19 AM
So NEW order of battle:

Lyn - 21
Ach'er - 7
Custer - 6
Tebbo - 5

Alright, my IC will reflect that.

boccelounge
18 August 2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
Custers before me now.

Custer's just waiting a couple rounds for everyone to cross the water, so please, after you. :)

djas_puhr
18 August 2005, 10:25 AM
Enough already someone go in, I just fragged a thug so its clear till we get to the office...

Sorry about that I've been dealing with prisoners all day at the Brig...

boccelounge
18 August 2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Ach’er looks over to Custer as he walks through the door. He notices that something has changed in Custer... He lets loose his blasters hit both of them square in the back falling them quickly.

Cus, in full effect. B)

*swagger, grabs self, spits*

chiefcaptin
19 August 2005, 04:45 PM
Taking a break down at the beach for a week. See ya then!B)

boccelounge
20 August 2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
So NEW order of battle:

Lyn - 21
Ach'er - 7
Custer - 6
Tebbo - 5

djas: TAG, you're IT.


(I just wants to shoot thugs)


EDIT: er, ignore this.

djas_puhr
20 August 2005, 10:02 AM
Sorry it took a while to post. Had to come up with a good responce.

I hope y'all like the next few posts...

Uron Teff
20 August 2005, 10:10 AM
I like the posts. Especially the one where the thugs' life is passing before his eyes. Good idea. Think I'll going to adapt this to my WoD Hunter : THe Reconing game. :D

boccelounge
20 August 2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Sorry it took a while to post. Had to come up with a good responce.
Nah, I just had bad timing-- was typing as you were posting..



Originally posted by djas_puhr
Panic races through his mind as he knows what is going to happen next. He begins to curse in his mind as time seems to slow down. He ponders what he could have done differently in life. Memories of past girlfriends and lovers flood his mind, regretting never settling down and raising a family... Darkness ensues, and then the noise of battle slowly fades. All that is left is his fleeting memories of his wasted life.
I'm literally LOL...

Absolutely hilarious... you rule.




Custer smiles as he watches the thug take the blaster bolt straight in the face.
But Cus' wouldn't smile.

Killin's grim bizness, boy.


;)

djas_puhr
20 August 2005, 10:49 AM
better him then you, that is why I thougt Custer would be smilling... Though I might be off on that idea...

Night who says ni
21 August 2005, 09:47 AM
Hey i talked about co-gming this with djas a while back u still interested or dont u need me?

djas_puhr
22 August 2005, 06:34 AM
I think I have GMing down for now. However, if you want we can see if we can get you invovled in the game. I will be opening up the game shortly after I get a feel for everyone involved in the Merc's buissness.

So be on the look out as I will be posting when I'll be taking new players.

Uron Teff
22 August 2005, 09:18 AM
Hey folks maybe should stun at least one of the Aqualishs. Just to ask him where the rear exit is. If there is any, maybe it's not obvious?
Just give me some feedback if Lyn should throw the stun grenade.

boccelounge
22 August 2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Hey folks maybe should stun at least one of the Aqualishs. Just to ask him where the rear exit is. If there is any, maybe it's not obvious?
Just give me some feedback if Lyn should throw the stun grenade.

Just do whatever you think Lyn would do... I won't mind, and I can't imagine the other players would either.

djas_puhr
22 August 2005, 11:14 AM
What ever, don't mater to me. I'll roll them dices and post 'em results just the same. Interesting idea though. However, if we need to we COULD always put a hole in the wall...

Uron Teff
22 August 2005, 11:29 AM
I've just thought that we should save resources.:D

I hope there is an other exit!!!
If there isn't any I'll get realy angry messing a stun grenade.:rolleyes:

BTW can the door of the room where I just have thrown the grenade in question be jammed?

*Jam the door* :P

djas_puhr
22 August 2005, 11:35 AM
I gues, but there is a body keeping it open for now...

**EDIT**

Okay since Lyn just tossed in a stun grenade I'll have to post my responce when I get home, have to do some die rolling and planing DC for 'stuff'. SO anyways, I'll reply when I get home. Hope you enjoy my new writing flavor. My english prof chanelleged me to try a different writing style then the one I've used before.

Uron Teff
22 August 2005, 11:41 AM
I love it.
Don't stop writing like that!

boccelounge
22 August 2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
I gues, but there is a body keeping it open for now...

**EDIT**

Okay since Lyn just tossed in a stun grenade I'll have to post my responce when I get home, have to do some die rolling and planing DC for 'stuff'. SO anyways, I'll reply when I get home. Hope you enjoy my new writing flavor. My english prof chanelleged me to try a different writing style then the one I've used before.

Yes, I like the style-- from everybody, actually. The last few days have been exceptionally fun to read.

I'll wait to post Custer until after GM respond's to Lyn's latest grenade attack. And that will mean I won't be posting until later (6-7 hours from now). Just FYI.

djas_puhr
23 August 2005, 11:33 AM
OTAY! tis been more then eight hours since your last post on here...

Not that I don't mind the break, (as I need it to lay out more and more of the campaign, like how the heck we get to Tatooine...)

Uron Teff
23 August 2005, 11:37 AM
With a space transport! ;)

BTW:
How long are the two thugs stunned?

djas_puhr
23 August 2005, 11:47 AM
long enough for us to bind them and take away any of there weapons. I believe I have to roll 2d4 to get the stun length since the failed both of their Saves.

Uron Teff
23 August 2005, 11:53 AM
You know what?

I like to statements of GMs in referring to time units. 2d4 of time (without naming the time unit).

Or for us:

As long as it takes!

P.S.: I know you meant rounds. But I always liked the statement of 1dx time!

djas_puhr
23 August 2005, 12:03 PM
Yeah, that is what I was trying to say without really saying it... Got me there.

Uron Teff
23 August 2005, 02:23 PM
Does it seem like that there's a threat coming from the main room of the cantina? Can we hear foot steps? Do I have to make a Listen check?

And:
We all have to wait outside the room till the static from the stun grenade passed by? Does this take two or three rounds?

Alota questions!
I'm too curious.

djas_puhr
23 August 2005, 03:19 PM
Okay answer time!

1) No checks need to hear the main cantina. Blaster fire and minor explosions can be heard.

2) Ach'er has stated that it is all clear. Since he is standing in the back of the office near the two knocked out Aqualish males.

3) I sure hope it doesn't take 2 or 3 rounds, if so Ach'er is knock the ***** out!

Uron Teff
23 August 2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr:
They continue to flop around for ten seconds till the electric discharge is complete.

That's why I thought it would take that long.

AAAAAAND:

Thus there is no more combat, do we have to act in order of the initiative?

Possibly we get some little bad behavior from Lyn while *now speaking in a childish voice* interviewing the thugs! HARHAR:D

djas_puhr
23 August 2005, 05:19 PM
The only reason that they are flopping is residual effects of an acute overdose of electrical energy in the Central Nervous System, CNS. Sorry got a little technical in my last post.

I thought with Ach'er walking in that everyone would clue in that it was clear.

IT IS CLEAR NOW

Umm, should someone close the door behind us and disable it or lock it?

Combat complete, post as your character feels like it needs to get invovled.

Uron Teff
23 August 2005, 05:23 PM
Mesa knew that it was clear. I was just wondering how many time since the explosion of the grenade and the end of the discharge. But that doesn't matter now.:o

Uron Teff
24 August 2005, 04:54 PM
Hey chief sorry that I had to kick Tebbo around like this. But wanted the things keep on going;)

chiefcaptin
24 August 2005, 05:25 PM
So I'm back!!!!!

If we are worried about the thugs coming back we should shoot them:rolleyes:.

By the way Djas, I want to take 20 on the moving the desk thing. that would take about a minuet or so so if anyone wants to give me a Corroperation bonus I would be very greatful...

boccelounge
24 August 2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
By the way Djas, I want to take 20 on the moving the desk thing. that would take about a minuet or so so if anyone wants to give me a Corroperation bonus I would be very greatful...

Welcome back!

Don't worry, Custer the Strong Man (no, not really) will be along to help you, as soon as his turn rolls along...

chiefcaptin
24 August 2005, 06:13 PM
Don't worry, Custer the Strong Man (no, not really) will be along to help you, as soon as his turn rolls along...

Since we arn't relly in combat I say we ditch turns.

djas_puhr
25 August 2005, 05:10 AM
Yep, no real turns now. Post as you feel and go with the flow.

Uron Teff
25 August 2005, 11:12 AM
Ehm...I was just wondering if you have missed my IC post? Could be the solution. *overestimating his post*

djas_puhr
25 August 2005, 11:17 AM
Sorry was typing IC post when you posted yours... Will reflect Oron's posts...

djas_puhr
25 August 2005, 12:12 PM
Uron you are TOTALLY CRUEL!

I like it! Cool points for Uron.

I'm on my way home so I'll post when I get home.

Uron Teff
25 August 2005, 12:18 PM
[Lyn] Thank you! *blink blink*
Just doing my roleplaying:D
BTW I allways wanted to do this with a strong female character. And her she is: LYN:D

djas_puhr
27 August 2005, 05:32 PM
Code Cylinder from RCRB pg 141

"Compact encoded security devies are issued to many military, political, or corporate officials. A code cylinder accesses computer data via a droid's scomp link or provides entry into restricted facilities..."

So find the scomp link and plug the SOB into it and lets get the hell out of dodge...

Uron Teff
2 September 2005, 07:53 AM
You know what folks?

It's realy good that we're all in A Band of Rebel Brothers because if you have to announce something (f.e. that you aren't able to post for the next few days or something else) you don't have to post it again here!:D

You might ask yourself "why is he posting such 'stupid' stuff?".

The answer to this is:

I just wanted to keep this OOC thread alive (AND also the IC thread).

I hope nobody has forgotten this one.

CHEERS!

P.S.: Just for the record: I'm back8o

Uron Teff
5 September 2005, 05:26 AM
One week!

One week since the last IC post. What happened? Have you forgotten THE mercenaries?

My question is:
What do I see in this secret passage?
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
[Are we dead???Just joking!]

Come on guys!

djas_puhr
6 September 2005, 06:50 AM
Sorry about the delay...

I've been drawing a map of the area we are in. I had to finish somethings up and work was a pain in the you know what...

Well with out further adeu a NEW IC post!