PDA

View Full Version : F***ing Amazon!

Drendar Morevo
27 July 2005, 07:12 AM
Ok, I placed an order with their butts for a whole bunch of star wars RPG books about three weeks ago. They gave me a shipping estimate of the 21st, they even said they had the Books IN STOCK (even the Dark Side Srcbk which I thought was a little shady) and they didn't mark the Power of the Jedi Srcbk unavailable until a week after I had placed an earlier order for it and they sent me a 'we don't have it' message.

Now they've pushed back all my shipping till next month, and I don't know If I'll get my order (for six books) even then!

The Books in my order were (they were all marked IN STOCK when I ordered them)
-The Hero's Guide
-Arms and Equipment Guide
-the Dark Side sourcebook
-Ultimate Adversaries
-Ultimate Alien Anthology
-Rebellion Era Sourcebook (which has since been removed from my order, I got it from a local hobbyshop instead, got tired of waiting)

This is seriously messed up. Someone at amazon needs to get their shippable stock straight.

dragonseye
27 July 2005, 08:09 AM
A friend of mine who still works for the hobby distrobution company I used to be at mentioned recently that all of the Star Wars books are either OOP or out of stock at the manufacturer except for the Arms Guide and one of the Alien sourcebooks. If Amazon can't find the books in thier warehouse, it's very unlikely that they will get any more stock in.

Walmart.com has some of your books in stock. I've generally found them to be much more reliable than Amazon myself. You might also want to check Barnes and Noble online. Other physical stores that may have these include Borders, Waldenbooks and Media Play along with local game shops.

Walmart has these three instock, but it's only good for US customers:

Ultimate alien Anthology (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1979782)
Ultimate Adversaries (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2522758)
Star Wars Arms & Equipment Guide (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1859904)

Almaster
31 July 2005, 05:19 AM
I usually find that it is quicker and hassleless to buy directly from Wizards of the Coast.

However, I have made several SWRPG book purchases from Amazon, and they arrived within a week, so I don't know what's up with your order...

coldskier0320
4 August 2005, 04:18 PM
Well, not exactly, but close. My (ex) girlfriend was getting me PotJ for my birthday this past March, and she got the same "we dont have it" message (she told me later). She ended up buying it at the local Media Play. I'd suggest getting on the stick if you want that one, as its hard to come by. I worked at a Waldenbooks over the 2004 holiday season and we couldn't even place an order for PotJ! (Believe me, I tried. :P)

chiefcaptin
4 August 2005, 04:50 PM
When I was buying the RCR it was pushed back a whole 2 mounths before I went to Borders. That was the fateful day I discovered there was more then 2 gamers in this galaxy.:rolleyes:

Ris
6 August 2005, 02:09 PM
It does sound like it might by the publisher's fault. I've never had a bad experience with them.
While I've never ordered the rulebooks from Amazon, I've ordered other books, videos and miniatures from Amazon, using the "Pay By Check/Money Order" option. They have always sent my orders as soon as they receive the money order, with one exception. But, as soon as I emailed them, they shipped the order overnight for free (I'd picked the Super-Saver shipping--free standard shipping for oders over a certain amount) and sent me a $5 gift certificate.
On the other hand, in the past, I have read complaints on the holonet from those who have pre-ordered SW RPG books and didn't receive them for weeks after the books were on store shelves.

Drendar Morevo
11 August 2005, 09:22 PM
I'm finally getting all the RPG books I wanted!

I love Online Hobby Retailers!

I got my Heros Guide from a store in Canada.
I'm getting my Dark Side Sourcebook from one in Wisconsin (it's IN THE MAIL).
Amazon finally shipped my Ultimate Adversaries and Ultimate Alien Anthology.
And I got my Arms and Equipment Guide from that local hobby retailer.

I am one Happy Camper.

I wonder why til'anda Til were left out of UAA...

cheshire
12 August 2005, 08:02 PM
Would you mind sharing the name of the Canadian dealer? I've been trying like mad to find a place that has the Hero's guide.

Drendar Morevo
12 August 2005, 09:59 PM
Oh only too happy to. If anyone wants the website for where you can get the DSSB I can provide that as well.

Hillcity Comics (http://www.hillcity-comics.com/)

FlipDog 2000
16 August 2005, 07:42 PM
Or you could just go to Hastings and get it on clearance for 3 bucks...I bought 3 copies of both the DSSB and Rebellion SB

Drendar Morevo
16 August 2005, 08:01 PM
WHERE... IS... HASTINGS...????

Grimace
16 August 2005, 08:55 PM
Hastings is a bookstore chain. I don't know the range of it, but I know I've got on in the town where I now live. :)

Darth Fierce
17 August 2005, 04:42 AM
Hastings tend to pop up in relatively large college cities (as the owners know that young adult students tend to be their primary customers). I live only about a mile away from my local Hastings in Lawrence.

Darth Fierce :vader:

FlipDog 2000
17 August 2005, 02:16 PM
Yeah...theres three not more than 20 minutes away from me. And if anyone wants D&D v3.0 core rulebooks for reference...they've got 'em all for like 5 bucks apiece.

DentArthurDent
17 August 2005, 03:26 PM
I personally don't trust many online hobby stores. I ordered the RCRB from one of them when I was first trying to get into the game and it took them over SIX MONTHS to get it to me. Along with the book itself, I had ordered two sets of dice to bolster my considerable collection of d6's that I've stolen from every boardgame I've ever owned ;) Only got one set, and that came with the book. Pissed me off something fierce, because by that time, I already had the core book and they wouldn't take it back.