PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone even trying....

DarthMalaryush
28 July 2005, 09:26 AM
Recently wotc posted stats for the revenge of the sith villians on thier sight. I thought it whould be great to have stats for Darth Sidious.
They made him a 3rd level noble then a dark side maurauder, then many other classes until he was 20th.

Begin rant....

I realise that wotc does not believe in using an editing staff or proof-readers, but you would think that the people creating stats for thier own websight / game would know their own rules system.

A maurauder needs to be a 5th level sodier to qualify, and that is the quickest path.

Is anyone even trying, or have a sense of pride in their work at wotc. and is anyone else annoyed, depressed, or displeased by the dropping of the STAR WARS "Ball."??

End rant...

boccelounge
28 July 2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by DarthMalaryush
Recently wotc posted stats for the revenge of the sith villians on thier sight. I thought it whould be great to have stats for Darth Sidious.
They made him a 3rd level noble then a dark side maurauder, then many other classes until he was 20th.

Begin rant....

I realise that wotc does not believe in using an editing staff or proof-readers, but you would think that the people creating stats for thier own websight / game would know their own rules system.

A maurauder needs to be a 5th level sodier to qualify, and that is the quickest path.

Is anyone even trying, or have a sense of pride in their work at wotc. and is anyone else annoyed, depressed, or displeased by the dropping of the STAR WARS "Ball."??

End rant...

What?

Darkside Marauder Requirements:
Base Attack bonus: +1.
Skills: Intimidate 4 ranks.
Feats: Force-Sensitive, Power Attack.
Dark Side Points: 4

No Soldier requirement. Nothing close to making this a 6th-level prestige class. What are you talking about?

I certainly don't want to speak for WotC, but the guy who wrote those stats is a respected member of THIS site, and he's always produced reliable stats.

Check your RCRB again, bub. :)

EDIT: Yes, looking at the STATS (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20050714a/) in question a little closer, it seems the author had Palpatine use his 1st-level Noble "bonus class skill" on Intimidate, so he could get to Dark Side Marauder sooner. He could, in fact, have qualified for it at 3rd-level, but Palpatine was after all a "real" politician for a time, so the 3rd-level was probably Noble.

So-- and I make this as a friendly suggestion-- perhaps you should work on editing, proof-reading, and knowing the rules system before you start, you know, accusing WotC of not editing, proof-reading, and knowing the rules system.