PDA

View Full Version : IC: Mercenaries



djas_puhr
29 July 2005, 02:11 PM
"A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…”

(Begin the Main Title theme for Star Wars: Episode II: The Attack of the Clones)


<center>STAR WARS</center>
<center>MERCENARIES</center>


It is a dark time for the
Rebellion. The battle for
Hoth has was devastating
for the Alliance. Most of
the Rebel forces have fled
to the deepest parts of
the galaxy.

Resources are scarce for
the tattered fleet. Many
of the injured personal
are dying. A new source
of bacta is needed to be
found.

A small convoy of freighters
are slowly heading for the
moon of Nar Shaddaa. Carrying
the much needed supplies of
bacta…

[Camera pans down from crawl text. Nal Hutta System, Nar Shaddaa moon coming into view.]

The space around the tiny moon of Nar Shaddaa is littered with spacecraft flying to and from the bustling starport. Three bulk cargo haulers begin the approach to Nar Shaddaa with its escort fighters flying in close formation.

(The music dies down as the roar of the engines begin to fill the screen)

The cargo captain nervously is sitting in his chair as his helmsman begins the slow approach to prepare to receive fuel.

[Dock master’s voice] Welcome to Nar Shaddaa, you are cleared for docking pylon number four, five and six. Fly the designated corridor and do not deviate from the flight course. Understood?

[Helmsman] Confirmed, docking coordinates received. Laying in course to docking pylon number five.

[Cargo Captain] Relay docking coordinates to the other bulk ships. Have them follow us in closely.

The three bulk cargo haulers begin the approach to docking pylons. They approach to the pylons with out any incident and begin the proper docking procedure for fuel transfers. The docking ring extends out from docking pylon number four. The engineer in charge of the fuel transfer opens the port for the fuel probe.

[Engineer] What the-!?

A huge explosion rips through the fuel line as it connects to the cargo hauler. Alarms start going off throughout the ship as internal explosions begin. Upon the bridge the captain begins to stand out of his chair when the entire ship is destroyed. Debris streak out in all directions and strike the other bulk ships. The other cargo captains are slow to react to the explosions happening around them. They are concentrating hard on the docking maneuver with the pylon. They don’t realize that they are about to be destroyed. The fuel probe extends to the remaining to cargo haulers.

[Cargo Captain #2] Abort docking-

An explosion rips through the fuel line setting of the fusion core in the cargo hauler creating a secondary explosion that engulfs both the first and third cargo hauler. All that is left is the debris floating in space slowly drifting to Nal Hutta.

(Scene wipe from top to bottom, 60 second wipe)

[Nal Hutta, Mardoc the Hutt’s private residance]

A large Hutt is in the middle of a room surrounded by electrical gear. A holo-vid of Nar Shaddaa is playing the background. The announcer is commenting upon the recent attack of a cargo vessel receiving fuel. The announcer continues and lists the total dead at 500 people, with many more remaining unaccounted for. The vid changes to shows the three bulk cargo cruisers being destroyed from what appears to be internal explosions.

[Mardoc in Huttese] A shame the bacta was destroyed as soon as it arrived. I could have used some to trade on the black-market.

The hutt turns away from the viewer and turns it off. Looking at the data pad it lists the entire manifest, over one billion liters of bacta lost, and another 50 metric tons of various cargo and goods.

[Male Human] Yes it is a shame my lord. Do you wish for me to investigate who committed such an attack on your bacta cargo?

The human already knows the answers. Out of formality he asks the question anyways. This shipment was the key to restoring his master clan into favor with the other kajidics.


[Mardoc in Huttese] Yes, see if Prince Xizor has any information about this attack he owes us a favor.

The male human bows properly and replies,

[Male Human] Yes my lord.

(Music crescendos and a 60 second wipe for right to left occurs.)

[Local cantina on Nar Shaddaa, outside shot]

A bustling street with numerous patrons moving in and out of the local liquor stores, restaurants, hardware store, and clothing store. You can see some sort of local police talking to homeless humans and aliens. All seems quiet after the attack on the three cargo ships. Music can be heard from inside a local cantina.

[Quick camera change to inside the cantina]
(A band is playing in the background something familiar, yet strange. Sounds like ‘30s Big-band but with a Star Wars twist.)

Numerous amounts of exotic alien spices are mingeling about. Some are drinking others are watching the holo-news, while some are watching the local holo-sports network.

A young male with semi-short, curly looking hair with a light brown tinge is sitting in the local cantina back corner. He is wearing digital fatigue pants and a black long sleeve shirt with a brown bantha hide vest. His black bantha hide boots are showing from under the table where he is sitting at. His DH-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol is strapped to his right thigh and hidden from view as he is sitting with his left side exposed to the rest of the cantina. He brushes his hand across his Vibro blade strapped against his back. A chronometer on his left wrist begins to chirp letting him know that someone is trying to contact him.

He pulls out his comlink. It buzzes for a few seconds, resetting the encryption and acknowledging the new encrypted signal.

[24-year-old male] You’re late.

[Unrecognizable masked voice] I must apologize. My master is quite irate after today’s incident. I must ask you a favor, Ach’er.

[Ach’er Svast] All right, tell your boss Mardoc, that after this we’re good.

[Unrecognizable masked voice] Very well. I will pass that along to my master. However, you should do well and remember that it was you who failed my master, and owe him credits.

[Ach’er Svast] Right, I know that I messed up your gig. Don’t blame me for a battalion of Stormtroopers guarding your “goods” right now. There was a Regiment of them on the planet and I did my best to guide your folks to the rendezvous point, but the still got caught with the cargo while trying to leave.

[Unrecognizable masked voice] I’m not going to argue the past. You will however, do this for us and then we will consider your request.

The transmission ends, leaving Ach’er alone with his thoughts. He needs to find some help with this mission. Unlike last time shear luck is going to help, only a full crew of mercenaries would be of any use on this little joy ride. He grasps a Corillian Whisky and begins to drink it. His head looking around the cantina trying to find anyone he knows. He’s along way from home and none of his childhood friends can help him on this.

[Ach’er] Bantha poo-doo.

[OOC at this time all the characters are either in the cantina drinking or near the cantina. Do some sort of introduction and description of what you are doing in this scene. You all have some knowledge of what transpired in space with the three bulk cargo cruisers. You can interact with everyone in the cantina and outside on the street corner.]

Uron Teff
29 July 2005, 02:43 PM
[OOC: I bet I haven't heard that conversation, haven't I?]

Sitting at a table next to the entrence Lyn looks at her empty whiskey glass and she decides to get one more. She stands up and walks towards the bartender.

[Lyn] What about giving me anothor one of ... this?

She places the empty glass at the top of the bar and turns her head around so that she can glimpse at the people sitting in the bar. Not that she was expecting somebody to watch her but to be sure nobody does.

[OOC: Is there anybody looking at me?]

djas_puhr
29 July 2005, 03:06 PM
Most of the cantina's patrons pay no mind to Lyn as she approaches the bar. A few of the patrons in the back look up and see Lyn conversing with the barkeep. The return back to their drinks after getting a good look at her.

[camera shifts to Ach’er]
Across the way, from the back of the bar, Ach’er see a beautiful Twi’lek and gazes for a few seconds. He returns back to his drink as soon as he sees her green eyes. He can tell she’s on edge in the cantina, but not sure why. Ach’er knows that the conversation with his friend over the com-link couldn’t have been overheard, and smiles to himself reassuringly.

The band changes songs in the background and some of the patrons cheering at the game on the holo-vid as the opposing team finally scores.

Ach’er signals a near by waitress for a second glass of his whisky, and ask politely if there is any bantha steaks available to eat. The waitress sadly says that all they have is Ronto steaks. He orders a single steak medium well done.

[camera back to Lyn]
The barkeep returns with a glass full of Corrillian Brandy, and charges it to Lyn’s tab.

djas_puhr
29 July 2005, 03:07 PM
[camera switches to outside the cantina, this will be considered OOC knowledge]

Outside the patrol of the local police continues down the street. Every so often they stop and ask a few citizens if they recognize the picture they are holding. A male Kubaz squawks and points in the general direction of the cantina. The officer thanks the Kubaz and reaches for his com-link.

He speaks into his com-link and gets his reply. He nods his head and turns towards his other officers and tells them to continue on down the street.

[Camera 60 second dissolve to nearest docking bay]

A transport is being fueled and prepped for flight. The first mate of the ship is doing the preflight checks as he walks around the transport.

[Camera turns pans right and looks out the docking bay door to the street]

Troopers from the local police unit start arriving around the star port. They are questioning individuals about the explosions earlier this afternoon. Some are cooperating while others give very short answers regarding what they saw.

[camera fades to black 60 seconds. Camera points to band back at local Cantina]

(The band is now playing something a little more up tempo and familiar to the patrons.)

Uron Teff
29 July 2005, 03:27 PM
Lyn takes the glass glass and heads back to her table next to the entrance. One her way back she peers to the patrons cheering at the holo-vid game.
Recalling the conversion of male human sitting only few meter away from her recent position and remembering being short of cash at the moment she steps up to the human.

[Lyn] May I join you?

chiefcaptin
29 July 2005, 03:27 PM
Tebbo is sitting at a table with a few other spacers. He is munching on his Nerfburger while listening to a large Zabrak tell of the time his ship got invaded by Boneworms8o . He gazes off into the distence longing to return to the spacelanes again. Ever since his convoy carrying supplys for the Hoth base was ambushed he has been stuck on this rock of a moon. Then he signals to the waiter and askes for the strongest wiskey he can get and continues listening.


(OCC: Remember that boccelounge is out of town so have him join in later. (like when we get out ship;) ))

djas_puhr
29 July 2005, 04:09 PM
Ach'er hears a voice speak to him. He turns and face the voice and looks up. He sees a Twi’lek female asking him if she could join him. Ach’er stands and extends his right hand towards the empty seat.

[Ach’er] Please, sit down. Would you like something to eat?

He signals the waitress once more to come over. The waitress slightly annoyed of having to run around all the time, looks over to the table. She now sees that the man signaling her has a guest so she politely walks over and turns to the female Twi’lek,

[Waitress] Would you like something to eat?

chiefcaptin
29 July 2005, 04:17 PM
After minits of waiting and listening to a Ithorian complain about his former co-pilot, Tebbo shouts over to the waitress:

"Hey where's my whiskey!"

djas_puhr
29 July 2005, 04:28 PM
The barkeep raises his eyebrow like the Rock, and glares at rowdy patron. He yells something in Dosh to waitress. The waitress begins to spit out what seems to be curses about the barkeeps family and linage and says that she isn't getting paid enough for the harassment she puts up with everyday.

The barkeep keeps speaking in rapid Dosh to the waitress, finally she puts up her hands and grabs a bottle of Corrillian Brandy and walks over to the rowdy patron.

[Waitress in Dosh] Here is your lousy whisky, and it isn’t the worth the money your spending on the bottle.

She walks back to the barkeep and grabs a dish cloth and begins to wipe down some table near the front of the cantina.

Uron Teff
29 July 2005, 04:32 PM
[Lyn] No thanks I'm fine. Thanks.
[Waitress] Okay... if you need something else just ... wave at me!
While the waitress turns around and heads towards a Rodian, she sitts down and sips at her brandy.
She smiles brief at the human who also takes his seat opposit to her.

[Lyn] I'm not going to waste many words but I heard your com-link conversaton with your friend and I thought that you might need some help with something. [OOC: Referring to the "Bantha poo-doo"]

Turning slightly on her chair towards the entrance and crossing her legs she adds:

[Lyn] For pay, as a matter of course.

chiefcaptin
29 July 2005, 04:38 PM
"Gee" Tebbo thinks to himself, "mabey I should file a complaint..."

He gets up and walks over to the Advertising section and looks for a used ship...he notices a nice old YT-1150 but he looks at the price and silently swears to him self in Durese.

djas_puhr
29 July 2005, 04:42 PM
Looking over at the loud Duros he makes a mental note to find out what is making him so upset. As Ach'er take a seat he waits for the waitress to leave to begin to speak.

[Ach'er] You're right I do need help. Let me guess you read lips just as well as you speak.

Ach'er begins to casually look over the Twi'lek. Making mental notes and trying to remember who Mardoc had sent in the past to collect money from him.

[Ach'er] Before you answer, at least tell me your name. My name is Ach'er Svast.

Uron Teff
29 July 2005, 04:56 PM
[Lyn] Of course. I'm Lyn. Just Lyn.

She watches the loud Duros raise and follows him with her eyes while saying

[Lyn] Here's the deal. You name what's to be done and I'll name the prize.

Taking a long breath before drinking up her brandy.

[Lyn] Would you mind getting me a new one?

Looking at him with a helpless glance.

djas_puhr
29 July 2005, 05:08 PM
Ach'er mulls over the name and puzzels over it for a few minutes. Feeling like he can trust Lyn he waives over the second waitress.

[Waitress 2] Can I help you?

[Ach'er] Another glass for the lady.

The waiters nods and then heads back to the bar. She gets a new glass and fills it with good whisky and brings it over to the table.

[Ach'er] Thanks. Now back to buisness. I have a slight problem that you are only partialy aware of. Mardoc the Hutt is asking me to do some dirty work for him and if I don't Fett could be on my tail. The thing he wants me to do isn't really for the faint of heart, its going to be ugly. That's fair warning.

He leans back in his seat looking around placing faces with a mental picture of the cantina as he sat down about an hour ago.

[Ach'er] You heared about the bombing of the three bulk cargo cruisers this afternoon, right? Well lets just say that they were hauling some really expensive cargo that isn't easily replaced. Namely bacta, about 1 billion liters worth of the stuff. He want to know who set up the trap and who destroyed his cargo ships.

Uron Teff
29 July 2005, 05:23 PM
Lyn blinks twice. Then slowly turning her head towards the Duros and back to Ach'er.

[Lyn] Well, Mardoc the Hutt...

Looking realy interested

[Lyn] Do you have any idea who could have done this? I'm just trying to figuere out who would blow up 1 billion liters of Bacta. Smells like...

Keeping the rest to herself she turns around now looking at the Duros.

[Lyn] Okay, I'll help you.

And after a short break adding.

[Lyn] And I've got an idea where to start investigations.

[OOC: Tomorrow I'm out of town and that's why there is the possibility that I cannot join tomorrow. But I'll try to get home as soon as possible hope I can make it in time!]

chiefcaptin
29 July 2005, 05:28 PM
Frusterated by the high prices on all the decent starships, Tebbo walks back twards his seat at the now abandoned table. (all the other spacers went to watch swoop racing on the holoscreen.) He is extremly worried that he'll never get to fly again if he dosn't find a way to make money fast.

(OOC: Over and out.)

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
(OCC: Remember that boccelounge is out of town so have him join in later. (like when we get out ship;) ))

OCC: Out of town, but back online!

--------------------

In a smoke-filled corner of the bar, loud shouting is heard, and as other patrons quiet down to listen, the commotion gets louder.

Though the smoke, an enraged Aqualish gambler is screaming at his fellow Sabacc players.

AQUALISH (in broken Huttese): Dust-Rat have cheating cards! CARDS OF CHEAT!!!

Several other gamblers jump up, shouting back in a wild mix of languages, but a single human stays seated, reclining in his chair with dusty boots propped on the table and a weather-beaten hat covering his face. He appears to be asleep.

Flipping the table over in a crash of tiles and credchips, the Aqualish lopes toward the reclined human, and is barely restrained by several of his fellow gamers.

From under the sad old hat, a tanned face half-hidden under a bushy mustache appears.

CUSTER (speaking Basic): Is it my deal?

AQUALISH (still in Huttese): No deal! You cheat me, Dust-Rat! YOURS IS CHEAT!!!

Custer rubs sleep out of his eyes, and gawks at the overturned table.

CUSTER: Now what's all this about? Teethin' pains?

AQUALISH: YYAAARRGGHH! WILL KILL!!!

The Aqualish lunges at at CUSTER, only to stop short when a blaster suddenly appears in his face.

CUSTER: Ain't no call fer rough-housing. This here's a friendly game.

AQUALISH: YOU SLEEP FOR GAME! STEAL CREDS AND SLEEP!

CUSTER: Steal creds? Friend, I seem to remember losing near half my pay to you last night... maybe things are just evening out for me tonight.

Keeping the blaster aimed squarely at the Aqualish's face:

CUSTER: And I got a bad feeling I'm gonna need every deci-cred if I'm gonna get off this ol' moon...

--------------------

chiefcaptin
30 July 2005, 05:53 AM
Tebbo hears a large crash in the corner. He glances over and hears "YYAAARRGGHH! WAHLEN KELLE!!!" (OOC: Tebbo dosn't speak huttese) from an aperently angry aqulish. The dusty human pulls a blaster on the aqulish while Tebbo thinks
Boy am I having a ruff night.

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 06:50 AM
Sitting in the corner of the cantina Ach’er hears a patron get real loud. He glances in the general direction and looks at the dusty looking Human with a blaster pointed at some Aqualish speaking in horribly broken Huttese. He reaches down and unclips the buckle holding in his blaster pistol, not wanting to be caught in a fight without and protection.

Ach’er turns back towards Lyn and looks her over briefly before turning once again to the loud Aqualish. Something doesn’t feel right to Ach’er, he sees out of the corner of his eye patrons near the entrance to the cantina slowly get up start heading for the door.

[Ach’er to Lyn] Wonder what got the Aqualish riled up so much that he got a blaster drawn on him.

[Camera changes to the front of the cantina. A small squad of police start to pool around the cantina and start talking to the Captain in charge. OOC information below.]

[Police Captain] You confirmed that the subject is in the cantina?

A young sergeant is briskly walking back from the cantina. Seeing the captain he picks up the pace to meet him.

[Sergeant 1] Sir, the Aqualish is in there playing Sabacc with a few of the other patrons.

[Police Captain] Did he see you while you were in there?

[Sergeant 1] No sir.

A com-link starts to chirp from the sergeants utility belt. He reaches for it and begins to speak into it. The conversation only lasts a few moments and then he turns back to the Captain.

[Sergeant 1] Sir, there seems to be some disturbance in the cantina right now.

The police captain reaches for his com-link and speaks into it asking for backup.

[Camera pans back to the entrance of the cantina and moves through the open door and stops at the top of the stairs looking into the bar.]

Ach’er is sitting in the far back left corner of the cantina and continues to look over at the Aqualish. From out of the back room of the cantina two Aqualish thugs, three Advosze, and three Defel race out with weapons drawn. They begin to speak in Aqualish, conversing what to do now. Carrying a mix of heavy blasters and blaster carbines they all seem to be on edge.

[Ach’er] Now things just got interesting. I have a very bad feeling about this.

chiefcaptin
30 July 2005, 07:13 AM
And it just got ruffer. thinks Tebbo uncliping his blaster pistol as 8 thugs walk out of the back room all wielding dangeruos looking wepons. He slows down and watchs suspiciusly.

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 07:14 AM
--------------------

The circle of gamblers grows quiet and tense at the sight of the drawn blaster. Hands hover near holsters and hold-outs.

The Aqualish is still fuming, but silent. Custer seems to weigh his options, trying to guess if the walrus-man will fight or back down.

Well, I never shoot first in a cantina...

He decides to try a little diplomacy:

CUSTER: Hey, maybe one more hand will clear things up. You could even deal.

--------------------

OCC:
Skill Check: (Diplomacy +5) + (d20 roll 17) = 22 Diplomacy.
Result: Aqualish's attitude shifts from HOSTILE to INDIFFERENT.

--------------------

AQUALISH: Yes, OK, game. Now tables will turn, Dust-Rat!

Custer holsters his blaster, then picks up his dark blue-wool jacket, dusting it off and laying it across the back of his chair. He sits, oblivious to the broken table, scattered Sabacc tiles, and mess of credits.

--------------------

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 07:29 AM
The Aqualish reaches for a new table to replace the one he destroyed. Fuming a little he grabs a near by chair and sit down upon. He begins to shuffle the cards up and hits the randomizer a few times to show that it is truly random. The Aqualish reaches forth and turns on the interference field and looks at the Dust-Rat.

[Aqualish] Ante now!

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 07:41 AM
--------------------

Custer puts up his ante and accepts his tiles from the Aqualish. Looking over his hand, he glances sidelong at the thugs coming out of the back room.

CUSTER: Friends a' yours?

--------------------

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 12:35 PM
The Aqualish male looks at the other people around him and chuckles.

[Aqualish] Yes, business associates of mine. They work for me.

He riffles the deck of card-chips a few times and then proceeds to deal three cards to both players. The ante was 50 credits and tosses his amount into the hand pot. Both knew that this was for real now, cutthroat rules applied.

Custer looks down at the car-chips. The car-chip of Endurance with a negative value of nine. The rank card of Master of Staves, for a positive value of 14. An the six of Flask. He curses silently his had total of positive eleven and pushes into the pot 150 credits. The Aqualish looks at his hand and calls the bet.

[Custer] One card, please.

His tone as dry and dusty as his clothing appears. Tension mounts as the Aqualish slides one card from the top of the deck of seventy-six card-chips. He slides it through the interference field and past the Sabacc Pot and the Hand Pot.

Custer picks up the card and looks at his Demise, for a negative value of ten. His new total was now positive one, a far cry from his previous of plus eleven. Knowing that his chance of winning were slim to none he checked his bet and let the Aqualish lead the beat.

The Aqualish looks at his cards and places one face down upon the table, letting the violet hue reflect off of the table towards his opponent. He slides it face down into the interference field and leaves it on his side of the field. He reaches down and thumbs through his stack of his remaining credit chips and pushes five hundred into the hand pot. Smiles coolly for his race, at Custer. Custer sets his cards face down thinks about this change of events. If he was seeing correctly his opponent tipped him of the card he had, the Idiot. All that the Aqualish now need was a two and a three of any suit to win both the Hand and Sabacc Pots. He could back down now, instead he raises the beat by another five hundred credits.

The Aqualish calls the raise and continues to display his broken smile. He glances back down at his cards and nods his head approvingly and sets them face down in front of him. It was only time before they revealed their cards to one another.

Custer was hopping that his luck wasn’t about to run out now. He was behind in the cards and so far it seemed that he was about to loose. Staring at his cards concentrating, wishing them to change they fail to obey his wish. His shoulders begin to slump down when all of the sudden the cards begin to ripple and take on new numbers and faces. He rubbed his eye with his left hand and stared at the cards hopping that they would help him.

They finally stopped changing and then he began to count his cards. He was holding now the Moderation for a value of negative four, the seven of Staves, the five of Coins, and the Ace of Sabers. Total value was now twenty-three, PURE SABACC. He looked at his opponent whose face was now changing. He looked down at his remaining credits and decided to push all of his credits into the pot. Now was his chance to win, he debated amongst himself whether or not to put all or some of his cards into the interference field to freeze their value. He decided not push any of his cards into the field to tip off his opponent.

The Aqualish now looked around the room nervously. Out of the corner of his eye a Devorian male was scratching his head and then went back to bar for something to drink. He picked up his cards that he placed down in front of himself and saw they had a new value. Hesitant for a second he pushed in the remainder of his chips and then looked at Custer.

Custer now was in a different position, he thought his opponent had an Idiot card in the middle and now had two new cards in his hands. If the Aqualish had a two or a three he lost but with the change in cards who knew what he had. His throat was dry and he glanced down back at his cards telling them not to change. He thought there was a good chance that they would yet he continued to hope they wouldn’t.

[Custer] I call.

The Aqualish turned over the card in the middle and showed the Idiot card for a value of zero. He flipped over his second card and it showed the three of Staves. The last card he turned over slowly was the Misters of Flasks. He busted out.

[Custer] Pure Sabacc. I win the Sabacc Pot as well.

He reaches forth and begins to rake in both pots. The Aqualish is now cursing in broken Huttese. He reaches down to the randomizer and looks at it. He pushed the randomizer so that his accomplice could change the cards whenever he wanted . He rigged the shuffle and his accomplice knew not to change the card values. He pressed the randomizer two quick times, and three long times broken apart by a second. The cards in front of him rippled and changed again and again. He does this three more times with the same result each time.

Custer sees what the Aqualish is doing and knows that in the past people would rig the randomizer so it would change values after a certain series of taps on it.

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 01:15 PM
--------------------

Maybe it's time to get while the gettin's good...

Custer decides it's time to pull out of this game, before things get hot... hoping they haven't already... He gives the Aqualish a slight, cool smile, then starts collecting his winnings.

CUSTER: Well, friend, if that don't beat all. 'Twas a fine played hand. As it turns out, you were right after all: I am surely whip-tired...

He stands, slowly and carefully (as in "non-threateningly").

CUSTER: I'll be heading out now, but next time I'm round these parts, we'll have to do this again. Give you a chance to return the favor, and clean me out...

Custer starts to head away from the gambling tables, toward a seat closer to the band. Near a wall. Away from the back-room thugs. Maybe close to that nice-looking fellow with the vibro-sword and Twi'lek girlfriend...

--------------------

OCC: I fully understand that Aqualish might interrupt Custer at any point...

djas_puhr
30 July 2005, 01:18 PM
The Aqualish trying to figure out what happened to the Sabacc deck, takes back all the cards and the randomizer to the backroom to the cantina.

Ach'er looking over at the recently finished Sabacc game and looks over to Lyn.

[Ach'er] That was interesting, what do you think about that?

As he nods his head in the direction of the furious Aqualish.

chiefcaptin
30 July 2005, 01:32 PM
After watching the sabacc game at the next table over, Tebbo decideds he should make friends with powerful people like the winner. He hustles over to follow custer and tells him:

Tebbo: Hey nice sabbac game, how bout I buy you a drink?

boccelounge
30 July 2005, 02:12 PM
OCC: I respond in the assumption that the Aqualish lets Custer walk away... we can go back if the GM decides otherwise. :)

--------------------

Custer takes a good look at this friendly young Duros, trying to sense any hint of a threat.

Deciding there's none:

CUSTER: How'do? Can't say "no" to a free one. But you gotta let me get the next round. Name's Custer, by the by...

After the drinks are ordered and good seat is found Custer takes a long drink:

CUSTER: Ahh... mama always told me "never pass up free food, free drink, or free love." This'll do.

He gives a broad grin.

CUSTER: So, friend, what finds you on the Smuggler's Moon?

--------------------

Uron Teff
30 July 2005, 02:40 PM
[OOC: It seams like I haven't made it in time!]

chiefcaptin
31 July 2005, 07:46 AM
CUSTER: How'do? Can't say "no" to a free one. But you gotta let me get the next round. Name's Custer, by the by...

TEBBO: I'm Tebbo Kadlo, pleasure to meet you.

CUSTER: Ahh... mama always told me "never pass up free food, free drink, or free love." This'll do. So, friend, what finds you on the Smuggler's Moon?

TEBBO: I used to fly space transports in these parts but I lost my ship recently and have been stuck on this old space rock. What you doing here?

boccelounge
31 July 2005, 07:50 AM
--------------------

TEBBO: I used to fly space transports in these parts but I lost my ship recently and have been stuck on this old space rock. What you doing here?

CUSTER: Oh, well, I used to work the big bulk transports, but, you could, say my ship lost me. Just a mechanic, mind you. I get feeling I'm talking to an actual starpilot here.
Anyway, I found out folks'll pay a sight more for your blaster skills than your technical skills... so I took a few jobs. Work's dried up now, but I'm hoping Nar Shadda's the place my luck turns around...

Thinking about this, he smiles, and pats his breast-pocket, newly full with credits.

CUSTER: So far, so good!

Laying down several creds:

CUSTER: Barkeep, how 'bout a round here, and send one over there for my tusked friend and his associates.

--------------------

chiefcaptin
31 July 2005, 08:16 AM
Tebbo thinks carfully wether or not he can trust this guy. He decideds to keep the ball on his side of the feild and asks:

TEBBO: So your a mechenic eh, I do a bit of that myself. Not many creidts in that job. I've seen a few spaceports that would pay a fourtan to get a decent mechenic in there. I never took the jobs though because i was in a more profitable line of work.

Uron Teff
31 July 2005, 08:35 AM
Turning back to Ach'er and looking quite amused.

[Lyn] It seems that somebody has a hackled up temper. I hope there be no more problem with this guy. But back to our topic... I think that we might need somebody who could help us with the investigation on the spaceport. Therefore I think a pilot wouldn't be that bad. What do you think?

djas_puhr
31 July 2005, 12:23 PM
Ach’er nods his head in agreement with Lyn.

[Ach’er] Yeah, not sure if it was misunderstanding or not but I hope that Aqualish keeps cool. As for the three cruisers, I think sabotage might have caused the explosions. It’s just my theory, not much of a pilot or mechanic though.

Ach’er eyes the door leading to the backroom counting five various alien thugs standing at the door with their weapons holstered. Ach’er not really sure what is going on, but sees the winner of the Sabacc game heading over with a male Duros to a new table.

[Ach’er] Well that is something different. Think that they both are friends?

Uron Teff
31 July 2005, 12:43 PM
[Lyn] Yeah, you're right. You needn't be a pilot or mercenary to figure out that somebody blew up these ships. I think we'll gonna need some assistance of somebody who knows people around the space port, don't you think?

She glaces around to the Duros pilot who now sits with the other human at one of the tables.

[Lyn] I think this one could be a canidate for us. And his friend could be a helping hand, too. But if you have an other idea go ahead.

djas_puhr
31 July 2005, 01:23 PM
[Ach’er] Yeah, looks like the Duros is a pilot of some sort. Think we should ask them if they are interested in some credits.

Ach’er gets out of his seat and begins to walk over to the table with the Human and Duros. He is pondering how he is going to come up with the credits to get off this space rock. Not to mention that he now has to find a way to get about two more people to join this ragtag bunch for some vindictive Hutt who want vengeance for losing about one billion liters of bacta, and whatever else he was carrying in the cargo bays. He knows that Mardoc is worse then Jabba when it came to failure and this was going to be either a real easy mission, or quick one-way ticket to an early grave. Not to mention Mardoc had threatened earlier a bounty on his head if he failed.

[Ach’er] I hope they are in a friendly mood after that win.

Saying it in a semi-joking manner. Now it was going get interesting real quick. He kept wondering if they looked like the sort that needs to get some fast credits and not really worry about the legitimacy of the work. Hoping that he did a good job at judging their character he comes to a stop about a meter away from the table holding the pair. Ach’er turns towards the Human male and begins to phrase his question carefully and speaks in a clear and serious tone.

[Ach’er] Pardon the interruption, but I was wondering if you would be interested in earning some credits. I have a job available, but you have to know that there is no guaranty that you live through it. So interested?

chiefcaptin
31 July 2005, 01:59 PM
Tebbo eyes the man suspiciously, pondering the question. After 30 or so seconds he replies.

TEBBO: I might be what kind of job is it, who are you, and whats in it for me?

Says Tebbo scratching his chin. If he had I brows, surely they would be raised.

boccelounge
31 July 2005, 02:10 PM
--------------------

TEBBO: So your a mechenic eh, I do a bit of that myself. Not many creidts in that job. I've seen a few spaceports that would pay a fourtan to get a decent mechenic in there. I never took the jobs though because i was in a more profitable line of work.

CUSTER: Well, I guess you could say I like to tinker. Used to be that working on tech systems was all I cared to do... but then, well, I guess my eyes opened up, and I saw there was a big wide galaxy out there... I aim to see as much of it as a man may.

Unconsciously, Custer rubs the brass buttons on his wool jacket. He smiles warmly at Tebbo, and takes a long pull on his drink.

The smile fades as he sees the rugged vibro-swordsman and his exotic Twi'lek companion approach...

--------------------

boccelounge
31 July 2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
[Ach’er] Pardon the interruption, but I was wondering if you would be interested in earning some credits. I have a job available, but you have to know that there is no guaranty that you live through it. So do seem interested

--------------------

TEBBO: I might be what kind of job is it, who are you, and whats in it for me?

Custer nods in agreement with Tebbo, and asks Ach’er:

CUSTER: Sounds like a fair line of questions. Plenty of ways a man can make money and risk not living through it...

He glances over at the gambling tables, pointedly.

CUSTER: ... what makes your way the best for us, friend?

--------------------

Uron Teff
31 July 2005, 02:35 PM
Lyn stays on the table and keeps an eye on both, the conversation of Ach'er and the two and on the Aqualish and his companions to be sure that the situation stays untroubled.

djas_puhr
31 July 2005, 02:50 PM
[Ach'er] Are you familiar with the explosion in space earlier this afternoon? The three bulk cargo cruisers that exploded right be fore docking, well my boss doesn’t believe the report that it was an internal explosion that destroyed the vessels.

He pauses a second together his thoughts.

[Ach’er] My boss is Mardoc the Hutt. The cargo vessels were hauling over one billion liters of bacta. So you can imagine why my boss is interested in learning who destroyed his vessels.

chiefcaptin
31 July 2005, 02:56 PM
TEBBO: Sounds intresting enough. Now for the other two questions.

Tebbo says, staying incharge of the situation

boccelounge
31 July 2005, 03:04 PM
[Ach’er] My boss is Mardoc the Hutt. The cargo vessels were hauling over one billion liters of bacta. So you can imagine why my boss is interested in learning who destroyed his vessels.

--------------------

CUSTER: A Hutt in the bacta trade, is it? And now you wanta find out who's trying to drive him out of it? You thought of looking for someone who hates war profiteers? ...aw, sorry, I'm just crackin' wise.

He leans in closer to Ach’er

CUSTER: What makes you so sure someone "destroyed" it? The way I hear tell, HoloNews is claiming it were an accident... prolly piloting error, I figure...

He glances at Tebbo and winks.

CUSTER: No offense to present company, of course.

--------------------

chiefcaptin
31 July 2005, 03:17 PM
TEBBO: Things are starting to get interesting...

Tebbo ponders over his options and reluctently says:

TEBBO: Alright I'll help you. I'm Tebbo Kadlo and this is Custer. This may be difficult, the athoritys won't let us in willingly and I don't find the the idea of blasting security gaurds to death a very conviniant way of taking things.

boccelounge
31 July 2005, 05:26 PM
TEBBO: Alright I'll help you. I'm Tebbo Kadlo and this is Custer. This may be difficult, the athoritys won't let us in willingly and I don't find the the idea of blasting security gaurds to death a very conviniant way of taking things.

Custer decides to stay quiet, and go along with Tebbo for now. He waits to hear what's next.

Kal Nova
1 August 2005, 09:42 AM
An odd site unfolds inside the hanger of the Mos Espa spaceport:

A crowd of various humanoids gathers around a curious spectacle. A dome shaped guard bot frantically hovers inbetween a line of labor droids. A thin instrument pokes and prods the bots, occasionally sparking as its torch lights up.

"What's that guardbot doing?" asks a young mechanic.

"Looks like he's repairing those labor droids, Mic," responds an old human.

"Who would program a security droid to do that?"

"Beats me. I wonder why he won't let us do our work. Uh oh, here comes the boss"

The hanger's foreman approaches the curious on-lookers with an irritated step. He breaks up the crowd, pushing his way to the front. "What's the hold up?! It's not break time." He stops dead in his tracks once he sees the strange guard bot. He studies the droid for
a minute before he grasps the situation. He turns to his assistant, who had been watching for some time, and yells, "You're letting that guard bot work on our droids? What if it's trying to sabotage the spaceport!"

The assistant snaps to attention. "We've tried to stop it, boss. It won't let us get close. We tried to drag it out by force, but it pulled blasters on us. We don't get paid enough to deal with blaster fire, so we let it be. It does good work, sir, it's nearly finished all the day's work."

"Call security. Nobody works in this hanger without my permission."

No sooner had he spoken, when the floating droid stops its work. Its repulsor lift emits a droning hum as it hovers toward the foreman. It stops and floats ominously in front of the humanoids. They all tense, not sure what to expect.

<b>I am LE-Z13 repair droid, my duties are complete. It is 0-400 hours, I have no more quote <i>Time to kill</i> unquote. It is time to find work for credits.</b>

Z13 wanders off to find his contact, leaving the hanger crew wandering what just happened.

The foreman turns to his assistant, " LE-Z13!? Wasn't that our droid that disappeared several years ago?" The foreman is left scratching his head as the scene fades.

Edit:
OOC:sorry about the confusion, I fixed some things up for continuity's sake.

djas_puhr
1 August 2005, 10:46 AM
[Camera shifts back to the cantina]

Ach’er looks over to the Aqualish as a waitress approaches him. He pays no mind and continues his conversation.

[Ach’er] You’re right, blasting our way through the Port Ops isn’t a good thing. However, I do have access to the codes that will access the docking ring. We can look for anything that was left behind or out of place to give us a clue as to who did it.

A loud crash form the back corner is heard. The waitress begins to run away from the Aqualish male as he begins to curse in Huttese and various other languages. He spouting off about how it is an insult to buy him a drink after loosing the Sabacc game since he owns the cantina. He growing furious each moment and looks like a Mustafar ready to blow.

Ach’er quickly glance that way and sees the Aqualish growing irate and yelling orders for something.

[Camera shifts to outside the cantina]

A police sergeant approaches the captain in charge of this operation. He is taken deep breaths as he is winded from running across the street.

[Sergeant 2] Sir, *deep breath* the Aqualish male is in the cantina. *gasps for air* We’re ready to move in.

The police captain looks the sergeant over, about 20 kilos overweight and grossly out of shape. He makes a mental note to fix the physical training regiment or lack there of once he was finished with the nights job. He reaches down for his com-link and barks an order into it.

[Police Sergeant] Stand by to take down Jolix Troet, the Aqualish male wanted for murder and racketeering. I want him alive if possible.

He honestly didn’t care if he was captured dead, but protocol dictated that he said the last line. A rush of activity begins around the cantina. Three small walkers resembling AT-ST approach the cantina. The are smaller then the standard AT-ST, standing only six meters tall. The view port of the walker is dramatically changed and resembles more that of an AT-AT, the single narrow view port. Two of the walkers head towards the main entrance, while one maneuvers to the back entrance to cover it. Twenty troopers wearing Creshaldyne Industries Blast-Dampening Armor and carrying an assortment of BlasTech T-21 Light Repeating Blaster and the BlasTech DLT-20A, approach the front entrance. While ten more run around to the back entrance.

The two sergeants and the captain begin to approach the main entrance and walk calmly in. As the approach the entrance they begin to formulate a plan.

[Camera follows the three officers into the cantina and stop at the top of the stairs]

Three men enter the cantina. Two are wearing light armor while the other is just wearing his uniform of the local police. He quickly glances around the room trying to find Jolix Troet. His eye meets Jolix and he begins to smile as he walks towards Jolix.

Jolix begins to move towards the Dust-Rat when he stops and sees the three officers enter his cantina. He begins to panic and reaches quickly for his com-link. Two of the Defel’s begin to sink back into the shadows and begin to move towards the officers. The Devorian male in the opposite corner is listening to Jolix and the presses a button on top and begins to give orders to the receiving end. The tree Advosze begin to flank Jolix and draw their heavy blasters.

[Okay kiddies, now is your chance to jump in. Everyone make, except LE-Z13, make an initiative check an post it in the OOC thread]

chiefcaptin
1 August 2005, 10:54 AM
(OOC: Init=11=8 roll+3 mod; Spot = 15=15 roll)

TEBBO: Holy Nerf Crap this can't be good.

He says as he unhooks his blaster

boccelounge
1 August 2005, 11:09 AM
OCC: Initiative Check: (Dexterity +4) + (d20 roll 8) = 12 Initiative.

--------------------

Responding to Tebbo, looking at the police:

CUSTER: Think they're just big fans of the band?

He stretches his hands, laying them flat at the edge of the table. His legs are tensed, ready to spring up.

--------------------

chiefcaptin
1 August 2005, 11:18 AM
OOC: I was talking about to thugs bocce. They do have their blasters out right djas.

Uron Teff
3 August 2005, 11:03 AM
[OOC: Init: 18(roll) + 3 = 21]

[Lyn thinking] I've got a bad feeling about this!

djas_puhr
3 August 2005, 11:29 AM
(Ach’er rolls a 4. Lyn init 21, Tebbo init 15, Custer init 12, Ach’er init 7)

The tree Advosze begin to flank Jolix and draw their heavy blasters. In the shadows a blur out line shimmers as Tebbo glance that direction. The patrons of the cantina start to flee using the main entrance. They run past the two sergeants and right into the weird looking AT-ST out front.

[Camera follows a corellian smuggler as he leaves the cantina]

A Corellian smuggler looks right at the weird shaped AT-ST and begins to speak

[Corellian Smuggler] Sithspit, it’s the new AT-UT’s. Poo-doo.

One of the AT-UT fires a foam blanket around the escaping patrons. All of the patrons are unable to move in this weird looking foam. Two troopers lob a stun grenade into the middle of the foam pile and it detonates and renders the patrons unconscious.

[Camera change to the inside of the cantina]

A sergeant looks towards the Advosze who are moving to protect Jolix. The sergeant begins to say something.

[Sergeant 1] Sir, loo—

One of the Defel’s slice the sergeants throat with his Vibro dagger. The sergeant reaches for his throat and feels a warm sticky fluid start pouring out of his throat. He looks at his hands trying to figure out why there is this new fluid on them. Blood covers his hands as his eyes grow wide and panic sets in. The other sergeant watches the attack unfold and shoves the captain back towards the door. A blaster bolt streaks out from the corner of the cantina and strikes the second sergeant in the leg. He screams as he falls to the ground.

The stunned captain stagers to his feet as he was pushed towards the door. He reaches for his com-link and blaster and orders the troops to move in, as he stumbles his way out the door.

[Camera shifts to the twenty troops at the main entrance]

A trooper opens the door and tosses in two stun grenades. They land near the antechamber of the cantina and detonate. Five troopers’ rush in and fires upon the crowd with his rifle on stun knocking out twelve people.

Uron Teff
3 August 2005, 12:20 PM
Trough the smoke Lyn sees that a dozen people going down because of their stunning by the charging troopers.
Her decission to crouch under the table seems to be just in time precisly because as the first trooper opts to stunn down the people sitting at the tables he turns around right in Lyn's direction and fires.
The stun ray missed her only by inches and reacting to this she takes matters in her own hands. But thinking about all the trouble it'll cause and the loss of her assignment her decission is a plain sailing.
She starts moving silently toward the back of the cantina thus toward Arch'er.

[OOC: Move Silently check: 6 (roll) + 8 = 14]

djas_puhr
3 August 2005, 01:32 PM
Lyn makes her way back towards Ach'er and the rest of the people he is speaking with.

More troopers begin to fill the cantina targeting any people with blasters drawn.

chiefcaptin
3 August 2005, 07:03 PM
Tebbo jumps up and runs over to a nerby table narowly avoiding cross-fire from the police's stun. He knocks over the table and ducks behind it narrowly avoiding a shot.

boccelounge
3 August 2005, 10:54 PM
--------------------

Custer follows Tebbo's lead. He leaps past the stun-blaster flashes toward the upturned table, drawing one of his blasters in the process. As he dives toward his new-found allies, he trains his gun on the shadowy Defel assassin...

--------------------
OCC:

Move Action: move toward Tebbo's knocked-over table

Move Action: draw blaster

Opposed Skill Check (to spot the hidden Defel that sliced the police sergeant):
Spot Check: (Spot +8) + (d20 roll 17) = 25 Spot.

--------------------

djas_puhr
4 August 2005, 03:51 AM
Custer has a bead on the Defel that sliced the sergeants throat. He levels his blaster aiming dead on at the Defel.

Ach’er see Tebbo knock over the table and take position behind it. He sprints over to their position as well and dives head first towards the overturned table doing a one half twist in air sliding on his back to a stop. He reaches down and removes his heavy blaster and checks the charge pack, a full clip and a spare one in his utility belt. Looking around the room he sees a police sergeant lying on the floor dead. Four troopers entering in a tactical cover formation targeting anything that moves with their rifles.

The only way out that Ach’er can see is behind the four troopers but that is being filled with another four troopers. He glances quickly towards the Aqualish male and sees him heading into a different room. The door opens for the Aqualish male and five more thugs come charging out of the room. Jolix moves through the door and closes it behind himself.

[Ach’er] Sithspit, this is going to as fun as playing with a rancor...

djas_puhr
4 August 2005, 08:32 AM
The cantina resembles most modern cantinas throughout the galaxy. The entrance is a single sliding door moving right to left. The first room is about ten meters diameter. There is a walkway leading to the left, it measures two meters across. It leads into a three meter by six meters room that continues right measuring making the second part of the room six meters by three meters. There are four steps leading down from the entranceway; a droid detector is place against the wall leading down the stairs.

The main part of the cantina is twenty-one meters long by twelve meters wide. On both side of cantina are three recessed booths with a radius of three meters. Two one-meter diameter tables are in each of the recessed booths with four chairs around them. There is a long bar in the middle of the back wall jetting out twelve meters. Its width is only four meters and the height of the bar is typical with modern bars, about one and a half meters high. Numerous chairs line the length of the bar.

The floor in front of the bar has six small round tables. They measure about one meter diameter; four chairs are place around each table. Two more one meter square tables are place along the sides of the cantina with only two chairs around them.

Looking from the main entrance, behind the bar and to the right there is a door that moves right to left leading back to a small room. The room measures three meters by six meters long, it turns left and opens into a slightly larger room. It measures eight meters long by four meters wide. Two steps lead up into the owners’ office that measures four meters square.

Looking to the left of the bar there is a door that opens left to right. It leads to a sweeping left hand turn corridor and empties into a room. The room is sort of shaped like a square. The first wall, south, is two meters long. The west wall is two meters long; the east wall is three meters long. The north-facing wall creates a quarter circle wall starting from the two-meter mark on the east-facing wall and touching the ending points of the west wall and the three meter point of the east wall. An exit is located on the east-facing wall and moves right to left as you are going into the cantina’s back entrance.

There are various pipes in the overhead, some are labeled blue for water, gold for sewage, and some are red for gases. A one-meter diameter pipe colored purple, hangs from the overhead and is labeled fusion material. The bar has various bottles and kegs of assorted alcoholic and non-alcoholic types. A very small kitchen is located directly behind the bar in-between the two rooms.

The sergeants body lies about two meters to diagonally to the left of the stairs leading down in main cantina. Four troopers are at the stairs and four more are coming from behind them around the corner. The thugs are blocking the back left exit, and various sounds can be heard coming from the back left room. Jolix enters the right side door walks back to his office smiling.

Sounds from the street can be heard through the right side of the building. The cantina is located on the corner of two major streets. The wall looks relatively thick, but not thick enough to block out the sounds of traffic.

Ach’er, Tebbo, Custer, and Lyn are now behind a square table on the right side of the cantina. Blaster fire is being exchanged between the thugs and the local police. There are a few small windows, about fifty centimeters long by twenty-five high, place along the three recessed rooms to allow natural lighting to come in.

boccelounge
4 August 2005, 08:51 AM
--------------------

Blaster in hand, he peaks above the table at the blaster exchange. Speaking to Lyn:

CUSTER: How do you do, miss? Name's "Custer" ...

He ducks from a stray bolt, then continues:

CUSTER: ... pleased to meet you. Been in any good shoot-outs lately?

--------------------

Uron Teff
4 August 2005, 09:44 AM
Lyn looks at the at the thin and son-bleached "leathery" skinned man with an odd mixture of interrest and uneasiness. However she decides to follow her first intuition, draws her blaster and says:

[Lyn] Ehm... yeah not realy. But please don't get this wrong but considering the circumstances under which we met, I'd rather say that I'm not glad to meet you. By the way I'm Lyn.

Checking her Hold-out blasters power cell she adds her lekku-tails shivering.

[Lyn] We're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Maybe you have an idea how we can get out of here not being inside of bodybags.

boccelounge
4 August 2005, 10:16 AM
--------------------

Custer smiles at Lyn's clever word-play.

CUSTER: Well, I had a mind to head for the back door, but I guess even if we got past those thugs, the local law-boys would have that door covered too...

He glances around the bar.

CUSTER: ... and them windows look too small for even you to crawl through. I guess it's either stay low and wait it out, or maybe follow that Aqualish, and see if he's got himself a secret escape-hole...

He glances at Tebbo and Ach'er, trying to determine if either is preparing to make a move.

--------------------

chiefcaptin
4 August 2005, 01:47 PM
Tebbo crouches down and cocks his blaster.

TEBBO: So much for avoiding a fight with the police.
says Tebbo to Ach'er.

He takes aim at the pipes above the police by the door and takes a shot at the red gas pipes and fires. The shot wizzes over head. And hits the pipe head on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC:

Move Action: Draw blaster

Attack Action: Shoot Pipe
Attack Roll: 18=7 bonus+11 roll
Damage: 2d8=2+7+6=16

djas_puhr
4 August 2005, 02:36 PM
Tebbo directly hit’s the pipe causing it to explode right over the police. The force of the explosion knocks down the four troopers that were first in the door. Two don’t move after being knocked down, the other two attempt to crawl back to the door but their bodies give-up on them and they collapse upon the ground.

[Trooper 5] Command, we are being engaged by multiple targets. First squad has been eliminated. Four casualties, two are KIA. Orders please!

The trooper yells into his com-link. The captain replies back to him.

[Police Captain] Wipe them out. All of them.

Second squad moves up to cover first squad for rescue. Third and Fourth squad enter the main entrance and take up covering positions as they advance to second squad.

[Ach’er] Sithspawn! Now there are twelve of them in here.

Ach’er looks to the door that the Aqualish walked through. Only five guards are covering that exit route. Thinking to himself that maybe Custer is right about the secret escape-hole. He moves towards the door trying to stay in the shadow as best he can, so he can get a better shot off. He levels his blaster at one of the thugs and waits to see if a blaster bolt heads the direction of one of the thugs. Waiting for a few seconds a bolt lances out and streaks towards the thug his blaster is trained on. Ach’er quickly pulls the trigger and bolt streaks out and lands right on target. (Knocking the target down Ach’er looks right at the target trying to figure if it is alive or not. Its body slumps farther into the ground as its breath is expelled and fails to draw any breath.

Ach’er turns back to the group and begins to speak.

[Ach’er] Well I think that Aqualish male has to have an exit in there. I’m going to try and find out if he has one or not.

----

(OOC attack roll 13 + 4 bonus = 17; Damage 3d8 8 + 3 + 5 = 16)

Uron Teff
4 August 2005, 04:26 PM
Lyn not holding back looks at her Hold-Out blaster and maneuvers using tables and chairs as cover near to Ach'er's possition. There she turns toward the others and says

[Lyn] You can stay here if you want but I'll follow him. I hope there isn't that much ionized blater-gas in the air.

She rushes at a point from where she can a aim at one of the thugs, waits shortly for a trooper shooting at the group and fires her own blaster.

[OOC: 8 (roll) + 5 (ranged) = 13]
[Dmg: 3d4+1 : 2 + 2 + 3 +1= 8]
[OOC: Don't know if I had hit him!]

boccelounge
4 August 2005, 04:39 PM
--------------------

CUSTER: Right behind you, chief.

Custer rolls around table, takes a shot at the Defel, and makes a weaving dash toward Ach'er.

--------------------

OCC:

New Initiative: 6 (delayed until after Ach'er)

Previous check: 25 Spot

Attack Action:
Heavy blaster pistol: (BAB +2) + (+4 Dex) + (d20 roll 12) = 18 Attack
Damage: (3d8 roll 14) = 14

Move Action: follow Ach'er, attempting to stay as covered as possible.

--------------------

chiefcaptin
4 August 2005, 05:02 PM
A wide smile comes across Tebbo's face as the pipe explodes in the police's faces.:)

Then slowly the grin fades into a frown as he sees the ramaining police set their guns to kill and 3 more squads come down the hall. :(

TEBBO: We're in for a bumpy ride.

He runs backwards while taking a few shots at the nearest police man.

TEBBO: Hey miss Twi'lek, give me a hand with these police will ya.

----------------------

OOC:
Move Action: Backs up towards the door that Custer and the Arch'er guy are heading towards. (got a little IC :))

Attack Action: Shoot police man
Attack Roll: 18=7 bonus+11 roll
Damage: 15=3+6+6

Uron Teff
4 August 2005, 06:18 PM
[Lyn] For sure. I'm going just to dislike the police!

djas_puhr
5 August 2005, 10:14 AM
Lyn waits patiently trying to time her shot. One of the troopers fire right at and Aadvosze, she fires right at the thug as well. The trooper’s shot misses barely, but Lyn’s hits true. The Advosze takes the shot in the arm and stagers back in pain. He fires madly back at the officer missing every single shot.

Custer quickly chimes.


Right behind you, chief.

Moves in to cover Ach'er.

Tebbo savors his small victory at taking down four troopers but quickly sobers up when he sees three squads pour in from the front entrance.


We’re in for a bumpy ride.

Quickly aiming for the closest policeman, he taps his trigger and lands a shot on an officer covering the first squad, wounding him greatly. The officer is spun around and lands on his face into the duracrete floor face down and stops breathing.


Hey miss Twi'lek, give me a hand with these police will ya?

Custer moves slightly to his right to better cover Ach’er as he moves towards the door on the right side of the bar. Ach’er scans with his eyes straight a head now on autopilot and is tracking for a clean shot. A Rodain male thug is lying on the floor dead about eight meters away from Ach’er. One is grabbing his arm in pain while three Gran are left. One of the Gran reaches down in to his pouch and grabs a metallic looking sphere. He presses something on the side and lobs it towards the police.

Ach’er moves carefully towards the Rodain and the Gran’s. He aims with his blaster at one of the Grans reaching into the pouch. No longer taking his time he fires once very quickly at the Gran. The bolt streaks forth and lands true. The Gran drops a sphere on the ground and falls back from the pain in his arm.

Custer, covering Ach’er, aims towards the Defel. Barely seeing the outline of the Defel he squeezes off a shot and hopes it lands. All of the sudden the Defel comes into plain view, he stagers back two meters from the wound located on his chest. Blood is oozing out of the wound onto his fur; he places his hand to try and stop the bleeding and drops his Vibro dagger onto the tile.

[Camera shifts to the backroom on the left side of the cantina]

[Squad Leader 7] Move in take them all out; don’t leave anything alive!

Two squads over run the light resistance they were dealing with at the back entrance. They push forth trying to meet up with the frontal assault group dealing with the thugs in the main part of the cantina. Two Aqualish thugs start spraying blaster fire upon the troopers and connect with three out of the eight troopers. The rest dive for cover and begin a heavy firefight between both factions.

A young sergeant reaches down into his utility belt and grabs a hold of a bright metallic sphere. He depresses a button twice and rolls it along the floor towards the Aqualish and Rodain thugs pinning them ten meters away. The sphere comes to rest at the foot of the Aqualish blindly firing in the direction of the police and begins to flash rapidly.

[Camera shifts back the main room]

A loud explosion is heard and the door leading to the back left room is blown off its hinges. Smoke pours out in to the room as the troopers begin to come out of the backroom. They run right into a wall of blaster fire from the thugs.

The object that was thrown by the Gran begins to rapidly blink as it internal counter is winding down.

Lyn looks at the shinny sphere and begins to speak.


For sure. I'm going just to dislike the police!

Lyn ducks behind the table and waits for the sphere to detonate.

chiefcaptin
5 August 2005, 12:31 PM
Tebbo sees the sphere and starts to panic he sprints over to the bar and dives behind it.

TEBBO: Get down, Get Down!!

He gets up again and quickly aims his shot at the open door and fires the cimson bolt threw the newly opened door at the sergent.

-----------------
OOC

TEBBO

INIT: 15

Move Action: Runs over to bar and takes cover

Attack Action: Shoots at the serg.
Attack Roll: 25=18 roll+7 bonus
Damage: 23=1+6+8+8

djas_puhr
9 August 2005, 12:03 PM
Ach'er looks over his shoulder and sees the gleaming sphere in the blinking near the police.

[Ach’er] Oh SITHSPIT!

He quickly dives into the nearest alcove and takes Custer with him. He covers his head like he learned back in the days of his youth; always in fear of the bombs that kept hitting his planet, from the neighboring planet Vra’xly. Fear, and panic rushes into his system as he realizes this is going to get ugly real quick.

A bright flash of light envelops the room and searing heat begins to radiate from the sphere. Less then one thousands of a second later a shock wave forms and begins to expand in a spherical motion. The police around the sphere are all knocked over from the concussive shockwave. Inside the five meters from the focal point of the blast, all that remains of the troopers is burnt flesh and fragmented bones. The floor around the sphere is cratered to depth of two meters and any material in the five-meter radius is slag. The troopers outside the five-meter blast radius have thermal burns and radiation burns on the exposed portions of their flesh. Screaming and moaning can be heard from the troopers that were lucky enough to survive the blast.

What remains of first and second squad is burned flesh and shattered bones. Third squad is down to half strength and fourth squad only took minor thermal and radiation burns.

[Trooper 11] Command they’re using Thermal Detonators! DO YOU HEAR ME? THEY GOT THERMAL DETS!

The young trooper is panicking and begins to unravel from the horrific scene in front of him. His friends that he worked with and played sabbac with are now dead. He begins to retreat back when over the com-link a voice is heard.

[Police Captain] THIS IS AN EMERGENCY BROAD CAST! All available troopers converge on the Sand Point Cantina. Unknown number of thugs and gangsters are resisting arrest. They are using Thermal Detonators, Heavy Blaster Rifles, and Light Repeating Blaster Rifles. I say again ALL AVAILABLE TROOPERS TO MY LOCATION!

Fifth and Sixth squad move in cautiously, not taking any chances they are they are pointing and signaling each other were to go and what to do when they get there.

boccelounge
9 August 2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Ach'er... quickly dives into the nearest alcove and takes Custer with him... A bright flash of light envelops the room and searing heat begins to radiate from the sphere.

--------------------

Custer lies face down in the alcove, nearly buried in debris and the deafening silence that follows the blast. Somehow, his inexplicably dusty clothes seem even more caked with soot.

Pulling himself up, half-lost in shock and stunned confusion, he tries to drag Ach'er with him toward the door the Aqualish used.

He's barely sensible, but he manages to shout over his temporary deafness.

CUSTER: WE GOTTA GIT OUT! NOW!!!

--------------------

OCC: Are any of the police uniforms remotely salvageable-- i.e. not blown to pieces? If so, how many and where?

Uron Teff
9 August 2005, 01:45 PM
Suprized by the unleashed energy of the termal detonator Lyn focuses on what she had learned and opens herself entierly to the force. Anger raging in her she rises and moves quick and agile through the chaos of the tables and chairs towards Ach'er and Custer.

She speaks and her anger is clearly audible.

[Lyn] I don't like the cops but I'm going to like these thugs less. The cops would have only killed us. But these guys are going to VAPORIZE the bar and everything in it, including us. I tend to blast down those laserbrains and look for an exit behind "door number two". Any other proposals?

chiefcaptin
9 August 2005, 03:03 PM
[Lyn] I don't like the cops but I'm going to like these thugs less. The cops would have only killed us. But these guys are going to VAPORIZE the bar and everything in it, including us. I tend to blast down those laserbrains and look for an exit behind "door number two". Any other proposals?

------------------------
TEBBO: *Shouting accros room* Sounds good to me!

He ducks as a stray, red blaster boltcomes flying over the bar, right were his head was moments before.

TEBBO: Hey, get in here! Its bath time!!
-----------------------
OOC

Tebbo

Init: 15

Tebbo readies an attack action on the blue pipes over the thugs and will use this action after everyone is in the bar.

djas_puhr
10 August 2005, 09:41 AM
There are tattered remains of police uniforms on the burn corpses. The smell of burnt flesh begins to settle in the cantina.


CUSTER: WE GOTTA GIT OUT! NOW!!!

Ach’er is dazed from the heat wave and concussive shock wave. His ears are ringing and can barley hear his own thoughts. Yet somehow he can hear clearly and understand perfectly Lyn’s voice.


[Lyn] I don't like the cops but I'm going to like these thugs less. The cops would have only killed us. But these guys are going to VAPORIZE the bar and everything in it, including us. I tend to blast down those laserbrains and look for an exit behind "door number two". Any other proposals?

Ach’er looks up and to his surprise his eye work and brings in to focus Lyn. He remembers clearly seeing Lyn being across the way from were he was. He shrugs it off as a momentary loss of consciousness and begins to stand up slowly.


TEBBO: *Shouting across the room* Sounds good to me!

Ach’er turns and sees Tebbo aiming for the water main that is overhead of the Rodain and Gran’s blocking their path. Ach’er runs over to the dead Gran and snatches the nerf hide pouch from its corpse. He continues till he reaches the bar, hurdles it and lands square on his back due to the equilibrium being off in his head. Ach’er fiddles in the pouch and produces a detonation pack and remote trigger.

[Ach’er] Tebbo, maybe you could use one of these.

He hands over the det-pack and remote and begins to cover Tebbo from behind the bar.

boccelounge
10 August 2005, 10:27 AM
OCC: I'm a little confused as to where everyone is in relation to everyone else, but I caught one thing: "Rodians and Grans are blocking our path."

--------------------

Custer leaps toward the bar, drawing his off-hand blaster in the process. He snaps off a shot from one pistol at the Gran blocking our path.

--------------------

Initiative: 6

Move Action: draw second blaster

2m Step: toward bar and/or nearby cover

Attack Action:
Firing on Gran:
Heavy blaster pistol (main hand): (BAB +2) + (+4 Dex) + (d20 roll 4) = 10 Attack
Damage: (3d8 roll 6+3+6) = 15

--------------------

(Assuming he misses)

CUSTER: Dang!

-------------------

djas_puhr
10 August 2005, 11:32 AM
Custer shot misses wide to the right and up about fifty centimeters from his target. He continues to move towards the bar and lands on top of the bar and slides off landing on his upper back.

The Grans turn their focus towards Ach'er as he is shooting at them trying to make them move back.

[camera shifts to 'Door #1']

Tenth and eleventh squad are holding the back entrance as twelfth squad moves into cover them. Orders are coming in over the com-links rapidly, only parts of the conversations can be heard. A Gran lobs a grenade towards the new troopers coming through the back entrance. It detonates as soon as it hits the floor expelling a bluish hue gas that instantly freezes everything with in three meters from the point of detonation.

[camera shift to the hanger bay]

The transport finishes being fueled and the last of the preflight checks are nearing completion. The first mate he walks around the transport disconnecting the fusion hoses that refilled the hyperdrive.

Transports races overhead towards the cantina, they resembles the transport used during the Battle of Genosis during the Clone Wars. Reinforcements are on their way to the cantina.

[Camera wipes right to left as it tracks one of the transports across the screen]

Uron Teff
10 August 2005, 12:16 PM
Staying in motion Lyn using tables as cover she sneaks to the bar to find more and better cover. Several hot bursts of ionized gas hit tables, the floor and everything around her.
As a blaster bolt hits a glas of liquor an idea flashes in her mind. Maybe...
Stopping underneath the next table she takes breath concentrating on her next move. Then she runs out of her cover dodging poorly aimed blaster bolts and jumps behind the bar.

-------------------
OOC:
Initiative: 21

Move Action: getting near to the bar

2m step to get out of cover

Attack Action: Jump
16 = 17 (roll) + -1 (Str. mod)
Distance of Jump: 2m

chiefcaptin
10 August 2005, 03:00 PM
Tebbo recives the det pack and takes his shot just as Lyn gets in the cover of the bar.

TEBBO: I can't use this, I have only thrown a gernade once myself not to metion set up a ground mine.

He tosses it back to Ach'er.

TEBBO: Get down!

---------------------------

OOC

Attack Action: Attack the Pipe
Attack Roll: 24=17 roll+7 bonus
Damage:13=7+1+5

Move Action: Throw det pack back to Ach'er

djas_puhr
11 August 2005, 07:54 AM
Lyn clears the bar with room to spare and makes a perfect landing like the gymnasts of Velmor. She glances around the kegs in the bar trying to find a certain thing.

Tebbo shoots at the fifty-centimeter water pipe, the crimson bolt speeds towards the blue water pipe and hits dead on. The bolt pierces the pipe creating a small two-centimeter hole in it. Water starts to spray out the newly formed hole and begins to create a water jet spraying down towards the floor. Small bits of rusted metal begin to flake off at alarming speed as the intense water pressure begins to force itself out the small crack. More and more parts of the pipe begin to disintegrate from the water; suddenly a chunk of rusted metal is broken free from the pressure. It is shot out like an ancient canon from Corrillea, and hits the back of the head of the Rodain. Water dumps on the floor and continues to pour out at a speed over one hundred liters a second.

The three Grans loose there footing as the water hits the floor rushing towards them. Metal derbies continually break free from the pressure in the pipe. Chunks of metal are tear at the clothing and flesh of the new downed thugs. They get swept away from the entrance as the fail to grab onto anything secured to the floor. A sharp piece of metal slices the web belting of one of the Grans pouch. It’s pushed along the water until it tangles into a metal support welded into the ground. The pole is splintered from the effects of the thermal detonator’s blast. Inside the pouch shiny spheres can be seen and some dull colored magnetic charges.

The pouch is about five meters away from the bar, and another seven meters to ‘Door Number Two.’ All four thugs are fifteen meters away from the entrance. The water doesn’t appear to be stopping anytime soon.

Ach'er, dazed and confused, continutes to cover Tebbo.

boccelounge
11 August 2005, 11:01 AM
Custer jumps up onto the bar, and runs along its length, toward the door the Grans and Rodians have now vacated.

He's using the added height of the bar to stay clear of the "Tebbo's river" and get closer to the door.

He yells for the others to follow.

CUSTER: Come on, folks!

When he's at the closest point of bar and door, he tries to jump over the water to the open doorway.

--------------------

Initiative: 6

1. Move Action: standing Jump onto bar, running down its length (DC 10).

a. Skill Check: (Jump +0) + (d20 roll 14) = 14 Jump.
Result: success

b. Move remaining: (10m base) - (1.5m bar height) = 8.5m
(enough to get close to the door)

2. Move Action: running jump into the doorway (DC 10).

a. Skill Check: (Jump +0) + (d20 roll 7) = 7 Jump.
Result: failure; lands short of the door.

b. Custer is caught in the rush of water:
Reflex save: (Reflex +8) + (d20 roll 16) = Reflex 24

--------------------

EDIT: clarified descriptions; modified Jump skill checks, per GM's instructions.

RE-EDIT: re-modified Jump skill checks, per GM's instructions.

Uron Teff
11 August 2005, 01:08 PM
Lyn stands up behind the bar, lifts herself upto it and follows Custer running on the bar.

-------------------------

Initianive: 21

Move Action: Jump on the bar and runing down its lenght (DC 10)
Skill Check: (Jump -1) + (d20 roll 20) + (synergy bonus (+2))= 21
[OOC: It seems to be my lucky day]

Attack Action: Running Jump into the doorway (DC 10)
Skill check: (Jump -1) + (d20 roll 7) + (synergy bonus (+2))= 8
[OOC: Maybe not!]
Result: Lyn cast short too!]

Lyn is caught by the rush of water.
Reflex: (Reflex +8) (d20 roll 2) = 10
Result:

chiefcaptin
11 August 2005, 02:13 PM
Tebbo jumps up onto the bar and runs it's length until following Custer and Lyn through the Doorway.

TEBBO: Oh no you don't!!
He shouts to Lyn just before she falls into the water.

-------------------
OOC

Init: 16

Move Action: Jump on bar and runing down it's length(DC 10)
Skill Check: 0 bonus+16 roll=16

Attack Action: Grab Lyn
Reflex Save: 7 bonus+5 roll=13

djas_puhr
12 August 2005, 12:00 PM
Custer: Come on, folks!

Ach’er watches Custer hop up onto the bar and begin a mad dash to the end of the bar and jump across three meters to get to the door. As Custer is in flight Ach’er already knows that he is going to be short about a meter or so. All he can do is watch in agony hoping that in some way divine intervention allows Custer to keep his footing amongst the rushing water.

Custer lands short by one and a quarter meters and some how seems to keep his footing despite being in rushing water about sixty centimeters deep. He surges forth trying to keep his balance wading his way through the freezing cold water.

Across the way to the main entrance of the cantina, the second water main starts to shake even more. It looks like it’s becoming a vibro weapon with the amount of movement it is creating. Rattling can be heard over the sounds of the rushing water. Some of the police look up at the pipe behind them, about four meters behind them.

Lyn lifts here self onto the bar and follows right be hind Custer. Everything is looking good as she clears the bar by fifty centimeters and lands perfectly upon the narrow bar. She crouches slightly and begins a sprint along the narrow bar to the jump point. Ach’er is amazed at what he is seeing a one point six five Twi’lek clear the bar at two meters. As she is taking down the ramp Ach’er feels like she will make the jump with out any problem. As she approaches the jump he hears Tebbo start shouting.


Tebbo: Oh no you don’t!!

Out of the corner of his right eye Ach’er sees Tebbo clear the bar with twenty-five centimeters to spare and begins a mad dash to catch Lyn.

Lyn is about to plant her foot when all of the sudden she realizes she isn’t going to make the jump. Her foot plants and body begins the process of attempting to clear the rushing water. Panic starts to overcome her face, as she isn’t sure what is going to happen as she is going to hit the water REALLY soon. She begins to push away from the bar when all of the sudden she feels her body moving back wards and falling down.

Tebbo grabs a hold of Lyn just as she is beginning to push away and begin the jump. He reaches out and grabs a hold of her gray cloak and yanks her backwards. Both tumble backwards off the bar, Tebbo lands first on his back as Lyn follows a fraction of a second after Tebbo stops moving.

Ach’er is now really concerned; we just witnessed Lyn get lucky with Tebbo saving her hide. As for Custer it seems some type of deity was looking out for him. Not sure what to do he looks into the rafters and see what looks to be a good point for a grappling hook to attach to. He moves down the bar to get a better position and climbs up on the bar. He reaches down into his utility bet and produces a grappling hook and about twenty meters of line. He finds his reference point and aims at it and begins to wind up for the toss.

-----------

Attack action: Spot-check DC 20 for small object: d20 16 + 6 Spot = 22
Move action: Climb onto the bar top,
Move action: Move down the bar for better position

boccelounge
12 August 2005, 02:04 PM
Alarmed at the prospect of being washed out with the trash, er, I mean "thugs," Custer looks for a way out of the deluge.

He decides that swimming toward high ground is his best bet, and the bar seems to be the only "high ground."

--------------------

Initiative: 6

1. Move Action: wade 2.5m toward the "office door," in "rough water" (1/4 movement).

2. Move Action: wade 2.5m toward the "office door," in "rough water" (1/4 movement).

--------------------

EDITED: per GM's instructions

Uron Teff
12 August 2005, 03:57 PM
Shortly viewing the guy who saved her neck she says.

[Lyn] Thanx. May I don't consider not as an advance to get to know me. But nice to meet you!

She jumps to her feet, arranges her cloth and ducks for cover right in time to dodge a blasterbolt shot at her.

[Lyn] This is definitly the wrong moment but... I'm Lyn! Nice to know you!

She puts forth her hand so that the Duros just has to grap it to ease his rising.

[Lyn] Might need a hand?


-----------------------------------

Initiative: 21

Move Action: Stand up/ helping to get up.

chiefcaptin
12 August 2005, 07:14 PM
Delay action till after Ach'er.

Is it possible to be before Custer but after Ach'er?
-----------------------------------
IC:


[Lyn] Might need a hand?

TEBBO: Here you go. Nice to meet you to.

He continues to pull Lyn up as he notices Ach'er bring out his Grappleing hook.

TEBBO: Hey you have a hook to eh? Try throwen it up in those pipes!

djas_puhr
15 August 2005, 08:04 AM
Ach’er continues his wind up to toss the grappling hook when he hears a voice


TEBBO: Hey you have a hook to eh? Try throwen it up in those pipes!

Ach’er quietly says a quick prayer as he throws it to the pipes. It slowly arches its way up to the pipes and about three quarters of the way there it begins to slowly come down to about the proper height. The hook snags around a durasteel bracing from the pipe and it begins to wrap itself around it from inertia. It goes around twice and then gets stuck around the high tinsel strength wire. Ach’er give two great tugs on the wire and checks to see if it will break free; it holds in place and doesn’t budge a millimeter.

[Ach’er] All right here goes nothing.


He pushes off from the bar and swing towards the open door. So far everything is working according to his plans, when all of the sudden he starts to spool out more line as he approaches the door. He reaches out with his feet and lands in the doorway, and quickly maneuvers to keep his footing while turning around to face the bar.

[Ach’er] Grab a hold of the line, and swing across. Its or best chance of not getting washed out.

Ach’er throws the line back towards Tebbo hoping he grabs a hold of the line

-----

Attack action: d20 + Range mod (12 + 4 = 16) Success, grappling hook is attached to pipe.
Move action: Swing across water

boccelounge
15 August 2005, 08:33 PM
--------------------

Custer continues to push his upstream against the water, headed toward the door and Ach'er

CUSTER: Never thought I'd miss the drylands.

When he makes it Ach'er:

CUSTER: Nice rope work, pardner. Wouldn't happen to have a towel in that belt o' yers?

He's bedraggled and soaked, but still wears a lopsided grin, and doesn't look hurt.

--------------------

chiefcaptin
16 August 2005, 10:13 AM
Tebbo Shouts accross the river to Ach'er

TEBBO: Toss me the rope!!

Ach'er lets the rope swing back accross the water and Tebbo grabs it.

TEBBO: Thanks much!

Tebbo swings across the water then takes lets go of the rope and swings it back to Lyn.

TEBBO: There you go miss!

------------
OOC

Sorry about late posting, I frogot I delayed my action. I'm assuming leting go of a rope is a free action, grabing it is an attack action, and swinging is a move action. I'm also assuming Ach'er is nice enough to give the rope back because I didn't want to wait for Ach'er to take a free action in the middle of my turn.

Uron Teff
16 August 2005, 01:36 PM
Lyn takes the rope and swings over the water.

On the other side she draws her Hold-out blaster.

[Lyn] Can we just keep goin'? 'don wanna stay her all day! After you.

She gestures into the next room.

djas_puhr
18 August 2005, 10:17 AM
Ach’er hear Lyn speaking to him. However, his ears are still ringing from the major explosion that he just survived. He leans around the door and peers down the corridor when a blaster bolt nearly takes his head off.

[Ach’er] Frak! A fraken sithspawn is in the corner with his blaster trained on the door.

He reaches into the nerf pouch and produces a small frag grenade. He depresses the button setting the grenade to go of in three seconds once thrown. He stands with his back against the wall, extends his right arm and quickly throws it towards the thug in the corner.

The grenade bounces across the floor and comes to a stop about one meter away from the thug and detonates as the timer runs out. A concussive shock wave rips out from the grenade and spews, out in a 360-degree arc, shrapnel. The white-hot shrapnel tears through the thug in the lower corner as the two in the opposite duck and start moving away from their previous position.

He turns to Custer and loudly says,

[Ach’er] I believe the way is clear now, after you!

boccelounge
18 August 2005, 11:04 AM
--------------------

Custer decides there's been enough messin' around with these thugs. He takes a quick stride into back room, and lets loose with twin DL-22s on the closest (living) thug.

--------------------

Initiative: 6

2m Step

Full Attack Action: 1. Blaster pistol: (+4 ranged) + (d20 roll 12) = 16 Attack
Damage: (3d6 roll 14) +1 = 15

2. Blaster pistol: (+4 ranged) + (d20 roll 6) = 10 Attack
Damage: (3d6 roll 10) +1 = 11
--------------------

djas_puhr
18 August 2005, 11:25 AM
Ach’er looks over to Custer as he walks through the door. He notices that something has changed in Custer.

Custer grits his teeth hard and his posture changes from that of a relaxed man to that of a man on a mission. He steps through the door and begins to strafe right in a semicircular motion. He side steps right and all the sudden he see two of the thugs moving into the office. He lets loose his blasters hit both of them square in the back falling them quickly.


---------
New Map (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18339&perpage=1&pagenumber=201) in OOC thread.

chiefcaptin
19 August 2005, 09:19 AM
Tebbo runs in after Custer with his blasters ready. He puts his back against the wall and glances into the next room.

-------------------
2 move actions and a spot check.

Spot Check
Roll: 15 roll+1 wis mod=16

djas_puhr
19 August 2005, 10:15 AM
Tebbo glances around the corner and sees three Aqualish males hovering around a back desk. They are pushing it back into place. He can see a Thug in the lower left corner from were he is standing. He glances at his blasters, full charge on both, and grins deviously as he gets ready to make his next move.

chiefcaptin
19 August 2005, 11:56 AM
Tebbo motions to the others to come along.

Uron Teff
19 August 2005, 02:56 PM
Lyn follows Tebbo through the hallway. She stops at the dead thugs body. Trying to find something useful in his pockets she knees down and starts searching through the dead thugs pockets.
---------------------

OOC: Search check:
10 + 2 (Int. modifier) = 12

djas_puhr
20 August 2005, 09:34 AM
Lyn closely examines the corps of the recently deceased thug. Searching through his pockets her hand brushes against 50 hard credits. She quickly pockets them and continues her search. She rolls over the body and see a black nerf leather pouch around the body. Inside are a small frag grenades, two ion grenades and one thermal detonator.

Ach’er moves into the space and sees his handy work for the first time. His toss of the grenade was right were it needed to be and he smiles briefly. He asks a quick question to Tebbo,

[Ach’er] How many are there?

Ach’er pulls out a flash grenade and readies it.

boccelounge
20 August 2005, 09:45 AM
--------------------

Custer sweeps right, back to the wall, his blasters trained on the office door. He takes a shot at the first thug he sees.

--------------------

Initiative: 6

Move Action

Attack Action: Blaster pistol: (+6 ranged) + (d20 roll 17) = 23 Attack
Damage: (3d6 roll 12) +1 = 13
--------------------

djas_puhr
20 August 2005, 10:00 AM
[Camera pan to behind a thug in the a corner of the office behind an overtuned table]

Bending over behind an overturned table an unnamed thug is poised ready for attack. What he doesn’t know is Custer sees him. He sticks his head over the table and sees a crimson red streak heading for his face. Panic races through his mind as he knows what is going to happen next. He begins to curse in his mind as time seems to slow down. He ponders what he could have done differently in life. Memories of past girlfriends and lovers flood his mind, regretting never settling down and raising a family. The crimson bolt hits him in the face. A brief second of intense pain rushes over him. Darkness ensues, and then the noise of battle slowly fades. All that is left is his fleeting memories of his wasted life.

[Camera returns back to Custer]

Custer smiles as he watches the thug take the blaster bolt straight in the face. He begins to track right picking out new targets out of the corner of his eye.

chiefcaptin
20 August 2005, 03:48 PM
The crimson bolt hits him in the face.

TEBBO: Nice shot!

He runs over to the right end of the door wayl and quickly blasts the thug in the left hand corner of the room while hiding behind the corner.

------------
OOC: I can fit a little time in down here but not much. Soon we are going camping out on the shore so not much posting then. By the way Bocce, please post on Vanguard Squadrons IC.

Move Action: Runs across door way for clearer shot.

Attack Action: Shoots Thug (Not the aqualish)
Attack Roll: 8 roll+4 bonus=12
Damage: 6+1+7=14

djas_puhr
22 August 2005, 06:55 AM
[Camera switches to the thug in the back left corner of the office room. Blaster fire can be heard through the door leading back into the main cantina.]

The thug in the back left corner watches his friend take a blaster bolt to the face. He crouches behind the table and starts to search for a target. Cautiously he peers over the table and see Custer standing covered by part of the entrance. He lowers his blaster taking aim as he does so.

[Camera pans over to Tebbo.]

Tebbo sprints across the entrance and takes position behind the right side of the entranceway. He spots the thug attempting to get the drop on Custer. He brings up his heavy BlasTech DL-44 blaster and aims center mass on the thug. Closing his non-dominate eye, he squints hard as he brings up the heavy blaster. Tebbo squeezes his trigger and watches the bolt traverse the distance and hit the thug center mass.

[Camera returns back to the thug.]

A sharp pain hits him like a Bantha trampling over his body, something he experienced as a young adult on Tatooine. The pain continues to grow as more of his body begins to feel like he is on fire. He looks down and sees a charred clothing and burnt flesh in what used to be his chest. Blood begins to ooze out of two-centimeter entry wound. He tries to move his feet but his body doesn’t respond. He can move his arms but his legs will not obey his commands. His body begins to slump down as the remaining power in his legs vanishes. Panic comes over his face as he realizes he’d been shot and is now paralyzed. Extreme pain washes over the thug as he blacks out from the intensity of the blast.

Uron Teff
22 August 2005, 11:20 AM
Lyn takes the nerf leather pouch and get one one of the stun grenades. She moves forward to the door and stops next on the left side of the door. While lurking inside the room she starts to ready the stun grenade. Drawing back right in time the blaster bolt fired by one of the remaining Aqualish misses her only by inches and burns a hole into the wall behind her.

[Lyn] Stop messing around, guys!

Once again she peers around the door frame. But this time her arm shys forth and the readied stun grenade lefts her hand and flies into the room.

-------------------
Move Action: get to the door
Move Action: looking twice inside the room

Attack Action: trow stun grenade
Atack roll: 11roll + 5 = 16
Damage: special

djas_puhr
23 August 2005, 03:35 AM
The remaining two Aqualish males are firing continually at the door. Both of their friends met their maker rather suddenly at the hands of two unknown people. Both are getting inpatient since there boss told them to hold their position until more of his guys arrived. It’s been over fifteen minutes and nobody is coming the guess. One of the Aqualish males bends down and starts messing around with something under the table. While the other covers the door and fires a single shot at an intruding head.

[Lyn] Stop messing around guys!

Lyn barley pulls back in time from the bolt aimed at her head. Frustrated at the stalemate going on she tosses in a stun grenade aim past the desk. She tosses it in and covers her ears as a loud bang retorts in the confined room.

Both Aqualish males hit the deck as the grenade goes off and an electric current is sent out of the sphere. There nervous system gets overloaded and both fall to the ground flopping around like a fish out of water. They continue to flop around for ten seconds till the electric discharge is complete.

Ach’er waits patiently with his grenade in hand; he peers around the corner only to see blue arching electricity surrounding the bodies of the thugs. He safeties the grenade and pulls out his blaster as he cautiously enters the room. Constantly sweeping his eyes back and forth checking, to see if there are other folks still alive and wanting to kill him. He makes his way to the back of the office and yells.

[Ach’er] ALL CLEAR! Nice toss Lyn!

boccelounge
23 August 2005, 12:39 PM
--------------------

Blasters still extended, Custer hustles toward the office door, and takes a shot if he sees a target.

--------------------

Initiative: 6

Move Action: toward office doorway

Attack Action: Blaster pistol: (+6 ranged) + (d20 roll 8) = 14 Attack
Damage: (3d6 roll 6) +1 = 6
--------------------

Uron Teff
24 August 2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
[Ach’er] ALL CLEAR! Nice toss Lyn!

Turning her head in Ach'er's direction Lyn says with a short glimps of a smile:

[Lyn] Thank you. *blink blink*

She heads towards Tebbo.

[Lyn] Come on guys get in there. Don't stand there and wait till the cops step through the door. Get in there and tie those thugs up.

Getting grip of Tebbo she pushes him inside the room.

[Lyn*yelling*] Come on! Start to move!

She follows the stumbling Tebbo inside the room and starts searching for an exit.

[Lyn*with a slight sneer*] By the way, if somebody finds an exit, please let me know.

--------------------------
Search check: +2(Int)
Result: 7roll + 2 = 9

chiefcaptin
24 August 2005, 04:49 PM
TEBBO: Hey Lyn I saw the thugs pushing the desk earlier. Mabey we should check there.

Tebbo moves over to the desk and starts pushing it the oppiset direction of were the thugs were pushing it before hand.

------------------------
OOC

If anyone wants to help it would be greatly appreciated.

STR check: 3 roll

djas_puhr
25 August 2005, 05:31 AM
Lyn starts to look around the room when she spots a roughed up piece of carpet. The wear patterns don’t match the traffic pattern in this room though. The roughed up piece of carpet lead right to Tebbo and the desk.


[TEBBO]: Hey Lyn I saw the thugs pushing the desk earlier. Maybe we should check there.

Ach’er heads to the control panel on the back wall, and decides to look through the remote cameras. They show that the fight between the police and the thugs isn’t go so well but none of the officers are heading towards their position.

[Ach’er] I’m going to lock down the door and leading from the cantina to the antechamber that we were in a moment ago. Custer, see what you can find on the dead thugs. I’ll finish up here and then restrain our ‘guests’ and see what they know.

Ach’er finishes with the door and locks in place. He walks over to the unconscious ‘guests’ and starts to bind their hands and feet.

Tebbo starts to push the desk back in the opposite direction.

Uron Teff
25 August 2005, 06:03 AM
Lyn decides to help Tebbo pushing the desk away from the spot where the hidden door supposed to be.

--------------------
OOC:
Take 20 on Strenght check.

djas_puhr
25 August 2005, 08:36 AM
Lyn moves over to Tebbo and helps moving the desk away. After about a full five minutes the heavy Ebon wood desk is moved from its position. The carpeting around the desk is characteristically different from the rest of the carpet in the room.

The weight from the desk has compacted the lush carpet into a thinly cushioned carpet. A rough outline of the wooden desk can be seen on the compacted carpet, from years of being in one spot.

Ach’er finishes tying up the unconscious ‘guests’ and proceeds back to the control panel and starts doing a search for any information about a emergency escape route in the plans for the cantina.

chiefcaptin
25 August 2005, 10:15 AM
Tebbo decides to search the ground and walls around the desk.

--------------
OOC

2 minits to take 20+3 (INT mod)

Uron Teff
25 August 2005, 10:25 AM
I knew it. I just knew it!
Lyn steps away from the moved dask and steps towards one of the thugs. Without warning she kicks the first in his ribs to wake him up.

[Lyn] Wake up. WAKE UP, you bloody son of... Ah your awake. Good.

She leans foreward and braces her arms on her legs.

[Lyn] Now to get this straight. We know that in this room is a secret passage. And we know that you know where this door is hidden. Furthermore we know that you know the mechanism or code to open it. Tell us all you know and you and your friend stay alive! For every wrong answer your friend has to suffer. Are we clear?

She pulls out her hold-out blaster and points it at the second Aqualish.

djas_puhr
25 August 2005, 10:30 AM
After exhaustingly searching the ground were the desk used to sit Tebbo finds a small seam were the carpet doesn’t match. It measures about five millimeters across by two meters long. It can barely be seen but to the touch there is a significant difference. Tebbo continues to search for a handle or some sort of visible hinges but neither sight nor touch reveals anything. Only that a two meter by two meter patch of carpet doesn’t fit with the rest of the room.

Ach’er continues working on the computer when he finds something labeled ‘Emergency Egress System’ and starts to speak up.

[Ach’er] Hey, I just found a computer program that might tell us were our escape point is. Only thing is I can’t beat the lockout on the system.

boccelounge
25 August 2005, 11:17 AM
--------------------

Custer stays in the room just outside the office door, covering the ext to the main bar. He stands guard like this until the other characters have found a "secret passage."

CUSTER: Good job, fellas! Lemme know when we're ready to go; I got'cha covered on this end.

--------------------

chiefcaptin
25 August 2005, 11:20 AM
TEBBO: Hey Ach'er! Come over and keep looking over here! I'll give the computer a shot!

He jogs over to the computer and starts trying to hack it.

------------------
OOC

Comp Use Check: 16=5 roll+11 bonus

djas_puhr
25 August 2005, 11:54 AM
[Lyn] Wake up. WAKE UP, you bloody son of... Ah you’re awake. Good.

She leans forward and braces her arms on her legs, squatting level with the new prisoners.


[Lyn] Now to get this straight, we know that in this room is a secret passage. And we know that you know where this door is hidden. Furthermore we know that you know the mechanism or code to open it. Tell us all you know and you and your friend stay alive! For every wrong answer your friend has to suffer. Are we clear?

She pulls out her holdout blaster and points it at the second Aqualish. Making sure her point gets across.


[Ach’er] Hey, I just found a computer program that might tell us were our escape point is. Only thing is I can’t beat the lockout on the system.

Custer stays in the room just outside the office door, covering the ext to the main bar. He stands guard like this until the other characters have found a "secret passage."


CUSTER: Good job, fellas! Lemme know when we're ready to go; I got'cha covered on this end.


TEBBO: Hey Ach'er! Come over and keep looking over here! I'll give the computer a shot!

Tebbo moves over to the console and begins to pickup right were Ach’er left off. He begins to type and press buttons rapidly on the system. Halfway through trying to crack the local lockout system he pauses a second. He has gotten through the first two data shields. However a third one is blocking his path to release the magnetic clamps holding down the hatch.

[Camera pans back to the prisoners]

Lyn trains her holdout blaster on the second Aqualish males’ leg. Both know that they can’t speak about the passage or were it leads to, but both really don’t want to die. Neither one volunteers any information to start off with as they are extremely intimidate by this Twi'lek female in front of them.

Ach’er heads towards the prisoners and squats down right beside the first prisoner and unsheathes his vibrodagger and looks at the prisoner’s pinky finger. A second later he pulls out a field cauterizer and activates it show that it works.

[Ach’er] Well let’s start with the basic question then shall we. What is your name?

The prisoner is shaken as he sees that this new guy means business and quickly replies in his basic.

[Prisoner 1] They call me Stitch.

He stammers while saying his name, afraid that the new guy won’t like his name and cut off his pinky. Ach’er faces Lyn and nods for her to continue the line of questioning.

Uron Teff
25 August 2005, 12:09 PM
[Lyn] Okay, Stitch. Well I'm Lelo and you just have to tell us the code for the opening the hatch. Then all this will be over soon.

She pauses, takes the vibrodagger from Ach'er and continues.

[Lyn] Sure you ask yourself what will be over soon. Well, let me show you.

With intense cruelty she move the blade on the inside of his leg upwards to his genitals.

[Lyn] Are you sure you want to loose your "family planning"? Just say the magic word.

djas_puhr
27 August 2005, 03:02 PM
[Lyn] Are you sure you want to loose your "family planning"? Just say the magic word

Ach’er looks at Lyn with disbelief but hides it quickly so the prisoners don’t see his shock. He glances back towards Tebbo seeing if he’s finished cracking the codes.

Tebbo shakes his head and turns back to the interface and goes back to work on it.

[Stitch] You have to use a code cylinder to access the rest of the commands. Check the desk drawer, it should be in there.

Ach’er gets up and heads over to the desk and starts to look for it. After three minutes of searching he finds the code cylinder and yells to Tebbo.

[Ach’er] Heads up, code cylinder on it’s way.

Ach’er tosses it to Tebbo and prays that this will work.

chiefcaptin
27 August 2005, 03:33 PM
Tebbo does whatever you use a code cylinder to do.

------------------
OOC: What the hell dose a code cylinder do any way? No comp use check right?

Uron Teff
29 August 2005, 01:56 AM
Still holding the vibrodagger only inches away from the most precious parts of the Aqualishs' body Lyn waits till Tebbo opens the "secret" exit.

She turns to the other 'prisoner' and adds.

[Lyn] Pray that Stich here tells the truth and that this device is the key to the hidden door. Alternatly...well think about it...I'm not realy skilled with using a vibgodagger. So it could be that it slips and than... well I leave this to your imagination. We got plenty of time dealing with you two. And bet we'll use it.

The shadows around her eyes seem to get even bigger maybe as an effect to the jittering ceilling light or as a consequence to her raising inpatientness and the still raging anger inside her. Even her grin doesn't look like the smoth and frindly expression she once showed. All this has dissapeared and only anger and viciousness is now visible.

[OOC: I hope I not taking the GM part of describing Lyn!?!]

djas_puhr
29 August 2005, 03:21 AM
Tebbo turns and begins to search for the scomp link port and finds after a brief search. He inserts into the port and keys the console to access the encrypted data on the cylinder. The unit begins to make noises and a popping sound can be heard from the floor. The hatch rises about a centimeter as the locks disengage.

Ach’er smiles briefly and turns to Lyn.

[Ach’er] All right, knock them out and well get out of here.

Ach’er waits for Lyn to knock out the prisoners as he reaches for the hatch.

Uron Teff
29 August 2005, 04:26 AM
[Lyn] Get in the passage, you three. I'll finish them off.

Lyn stands up and pockets the vibrodagger. She grabs 'Stich' and turns his back towards the other - mostly silent - thug. After that she steps to the second thug and turns him so that the both of them are sitting back-to-back.

[Lyn] Okay, we're leaving now. And if you move I'll kill ya.

She places her last stun grenade on the spot where the two heads were leaning against each other.

[Lyn] You've got the chance to die right now or you can wait and see. Take a pick.

With her evil grin apearing again on Lyn's face she moves backwards to the hatch still pointing her hold-out blaster at the thugs.

[Lyn] And have a nice day!

djas_puhr
29 August 2005, 06:36 AM
[Lyn] Get in the passage, you three. I'll finish them off.

Ach’er turns and hollers at Custer.

[Ach’er] Hurry up Custer, or your going to be a permanent resident.

Ach’er opens the hatch and looks over at Tebbo and waves him over. Ach’er looks down the tunnel and doesn’t see anyone or anything.

[Ach’er] Alright, it’s clear. Head down this ladder and wait up for us.

Tebbo nodes his head and begins to climb down as quickly as safely possible. Custer makes it over to the hatch and waits for Tebbo to clear out of the tunnel. Custer swings over and follows right behind Tebbo down the ladder. Both make it safely to the bottom of the ladder well.


[Lyn] Okay, we're leaving now. And if you move I'll kill ya.

Ach’er looks over at Lyn and shakes his head as he begins to climb down the ladder well. He reaches the bottom and yells back to the top

[Ach’er] Okay were clear, you can come down now!


[Lyn] You've got the chance to die right now or you can wait and see. Take a pick.

Lyn moves towards the hatch with her blaster still trained upon the bound thugs. She smiles as she can sense that she is near the open hatch.


[Lyn] And have a nice day!

Lyn triggers the grenade and the timer begins to counts down. Lyn climbs quickly into the hatch and closes it behind her.

[Camera pans back to the thugs]

Panic washes over there face as they watch Lyn disappear down the ladder well. She closes the hatch part of the way presses a button and both know that this isn’t going to be good. A chirp echoes in the room from the small grenade lodge between the two. Both try squirming there way out, but both are bound so tight that they only move a micrometer in any direction. Another chirp echoes and then more silence in the room, both prisoners close their eyes in anticipation. The final chirp rings out and a deafening explosion rocks the room both prisoners take the full force of the explosion against their heads as well as the electrical shock. Instantaneously both are rendered unconscious and fall slump to the ground, they both know that they will probably never wake up from the detonation.

[Camera returns to the group]

[Ach’er] Well I think were about five meters or so under the cantina. Best bet is to follow this to the exit, wherever that maybe.

boccelounge
30 August 2005, 12:07 PM
[Ach’er] Hurry up Custer, or your going to be a permanent resident.
CUSTER hustles over to the passageway.

CUSTER: Well, I can't say I like this place that much...
Keeping one blaster on the bound thugs, and another on the office door, he climbs down the hatch.

CUSTER: You fellas take care now.
With a genial tip of his hat, CUSTER disappears down the hole.

djas_puhr
6 September 2005, 06:54 AM
The passageway continues straight for twenty meters with cargo boxes littering the way ahead. The passageway turns right ninety degrees and the floor begins to slope up gently for ten meters, ending two meters higher then when the floor started to slope up. At the top of the slop a landing two meters by six meters and turns ninety degrees to the right again. The floor slopes up for five meters ending up one meter higher then before. There is a landing two meters by five meters and again there is a turn to the left and again the floor rises one meter after five meters of walking. The final landing leads into a large ten-meter by five-meter cargo room with a ceiling five meters high; there are four durasteel columns located near the center of the cargo room and the lights are dimly lit casting numerous shadows in the room.

Along the East side of the cargo room there is a large cargo lift leading up to a building. The door is locked and will not open. There is no computer to interface with and there is no scomplink port. There is an office along the south wall with a desk and with a small terminal; a single seat is across from the desk facing the desk and chair. A nice leather hide couch sits along the southeast wall, and a single seat is along the east wall. A personal turbo lift is in the northeast corner and looks like it was recently used.

----

Map (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18339&perpage=1&pagenumber=250)

OOC Q:TU Mercinaries (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18339&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

Quadrant: Tetrad's Umbra - Master Thread (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18475)

boccelounge
6 September 2005, 10:17 AM
CUSTER lets his eyes adjust to the dim light, then addresses Ach'er.
CUSTER: Well, we shouldn't be standing around too long, but I got no mind to run headlong into another ambush. If the lovely miss has no objections, I say say she sneak on ahead, and you stay close behind her. Me an' Tebbo'll guard the rear.
He keeps his guns drawn, and stays at the rear of the group, keeping a careful watch behind and ahead.

Uron Teff
6 September 2005, 11:35 AM
Lyn turns her head to Ach'er.

[Lyn] Well lets say... ehm... if some badguy turns ONLY shot when I'm down to the floor. Meaning out of harms way!

She turns away from Ach'er only to look at him seconds later.

[Lyn] Well, maybe you should wait her for a few seconds, counting to ten If you're capable of this? and then you can follow me.

Dobble checking the power pack of her blaster she starts moving slowly down the passageway. Using the Cargo boxes as cover she sneaks as first scout of the troup.

-------------------------
OOC: If you're moving silently, how many meters you can move in one round?
Everything written in ITALICS is only thought and NOT spoken!
-------------------------
Move Silently check: 10roll + 8 = 18
Hide ceck: 19roll + 7 = 26
Move Action: ?m

boccelounge
6 September 2005, 11:48 AM
[Lyn] Well lets say... ehm... if some badguy turns ONLY shot when I'm down to the floor. Meaning out of harms way!
Overhearing this, CUSTER grins through his bushy mustache.
CUSTER: Wouldn't have it any other way, Miss Lyn. Now, after you.
He tips his hat politely, and gestures down the corridor.

--------------------

OOC: Uron, you can Move Silently at half speed (10m per round, as a double-move) with no penalty; or you can take a -5 penalty to Move Silently up to full speed (20m per round, as a double-move). If you "Run" or otherwise move more than 20m, you take a -20 penalty.

The same guidelines apply to Hide checks as well.

--------------------

CUSTER and TEBBO follow a few meters (4-8) behind ACH'ER, always keeping him no more than "one corner" ahead. Will continue this movement until something changes...

djas_puhr
7 September 2005, 05:15 AM
Ach’er waits for Lyn to start down the hall as he follows five meters behind. As Lyn continues down the hallway she reaches the second set of boxes and signals the others to follow.

Lyn continues down reaching to beginning of the incline and looks around the corner to see if it’s clear to proceed. The lighting is dark and red light illuminate the floor. Steam pipes are located in the overhead as well as water mains and gas pipes. Condensation is forming around the steam pipes that are exposed from the insulation that has frayed from years of neglect. At the top of the landing the red light flickers on and of randomly. Hissing from a minor steam leak can be heard but its location cannot be determined.

Lyn continues along the side of the corridor advancing to the landings, nothing can be heard except the hissing steam and the soft patter of water hitting the duracrete flooring. Moving slowly along the rising floor Lyn reaches the last landing and can see from the failing lighting a cargo lift.

The red lighting system starts failing; intermittent blackouts are now more common then before. Only constant source of light is a blue hue coming from the far side of the cargo room, inside the office. Lyn takes her time circling the area looking for any traps or hiding thugs but finds none. She motions to the rest of the group to follow behind her as she enters the office.

Inside the office there are two light sources. The first is a computer terminal sitting on a desk in the lower left corner. The other is in the upper right corner were the turbo lift emergency lights are lit.

Ach’er moves to the computer terminal and starts searching for any information were they are located and how the group could get out of there.

[Ach’er] Looks like our friend the Aqualish male forgot to lock out his computer. We got full access to it. Hmm, says we're fifteen meters below the surface, intersting. Oh, here is something interesting. He was involved in the destruction of the Bacta. Not surprising anyways. I’ve got a cargo manifest and lot numbers looks like he was planning to run a fence from here. Umm, here it is. That should do it now.

A hum can be heard as the emergency generators turn back on and the normal lighting is restored throughout the compound. The office is expensively decorated and looks like two million credits were well spent on all the elaborate décor. The turbo lift hisses open and is completely empty, all that is in turbo lift is a control panel on the right side of the door opening.

[Ach’er] The lift will take us to the surface about five kilometers from the cantina. Who ever designed this place knew what they were doing. The computer doesn’t tell us were he ran off to but it does say something about a transport waiting at docking bay seventy-three for a cargo transfer. It leaves tomorrow at 0930 local time. Sounds like we should invite ourselves to the party and crash it, what do you all think about that idea. I have a place that's safe and we can wait at for about eight hours then we take the transport and see were it takes us.

boccelounge
7 September 2005, 09:39 AM
While Lyn and Ach'er search the offce, CUSTER and Tebbo make a cursory search of the cargo containers in the next room, and keep an eye on the cargo lift.

--------------------

CUSTER
Skill Check: (Search +2) + (d20 roll 10) = Search 12
TEBBO
Skill Check: (Search +3) + (d20 roll 18) = Search 21
--------------------


Originally posted by djas_puhr
[Ach’er]The computer doesn’t tell us were he ran off to but it does say something about a transport waiting at docking bay seventy-three for a cargo transfer. It leaves tomorrow at 0930 local time. Sounds like we should invite ourselves to the party and crash it, what do you all think about that idea. I have a place that's safe and we can wait at for about eight hours then we take the transport and see were it takes us.
CUSTER looks around the dim, steamy cargo bay and gestures sarcastically.
CUSTER: What, and leave all this?
He grins broadly.
CUSTER: Yeah, sounds like a good plan, chief. Let's skedaddle.
CUSTER strides toward the passenger lift, and checks its controls, to make sure there are no hidden functions or traps.

--------------------
Skill Check: (Computer Use +10) + (d20 roll 7) = Computer Use 17

Uron Teff
7 September 2005, 09:56 AM
CUSTER: What, and leave all this?

[Lyn] Damn you're right, uhm, Castor. Lets just fix out if we can use some this stuff and then get outa here!

As Custer checks the Cargo boxes Lyn starts to check the office and the desk.

-----------------------

Search check: 12roll + 2 = 14

djas_puhr
13 September 2005, 07:44 AM
Tebbo looks through the various crates making notes to himself as to the contents in them. Well so far all I’ve found is minor items that would be good to fence. A few rare artifacts, some good paintings from Alderaan and marble statues of ancient figures from Alderaan history; but nothing worth taking right now.


CUSTER: What, and leave all this?

Tebbo looks around and nods his head. There is too much valuable and priceless goods here to let it rot and go to waste.

Tebbo heads back to the computer terminal and begins to fiddle with interface.


CUSTER: Yeah, sounds like a good plan, chief. Let's skedaddle.


[Lyn] Damn you're right, uhm, Castor. Lets just find out if we can use some this stuff and then get outa here!

[Camera pans over to Ach’er]

Ach’er steps away from the terminal as Tebbo steps up and begins to fiddle around on it. Perplexed Ach’er just shrugs his shoulders and moves away from the desk.

[Ach’er] So, Tebbo what got you in a tizzy? What you find in the cargo bay back there that spooked ya?

Tebbo doesn’t even flinch when his name is mentioned. His fingers are moving rapidly entering new commands into the terminal and rewriting code.

[Tebbo] Artifacts and paintings from Alderaan, that’s what I found in there. I’m locking out the controls to enter this bunker. The cargo lift is going to be lookdown an inoperable. The entrance that we just came from is going to be locked from here and I’m going to use a fractal encryption to block any attempts to override the entrance. Also the turbolift is going to be locked down at the drop off point once we are done transiting. Once I’m done I’m going to set up the code cylinder to open the lockdown if we decide to come back for these goods.

Ach’er nods in approval, well maybe this hasn’t been a bad day after all.

[Camera wipes in sixty-second dissolve to center point screen.]

djas_puhr
13 September 2005, 07:44 AM
(Camera focuses in on the Sand Point Cantina, small speeders and cargo craft hover around the Cantina.)

The recent firefight between Jolix Troet thugs and the local police has concluded. The local coroners vessel is parked in front of the building and the doors are open. So far twelve bodies have been removed and the medical team has recovered partial remains. The police captain is shaken and distraught after loosing eighteen of his troopers. The police chief walks slowly over to the captain and sits down besides him. They converse for about five minutes about the operation and what went wrong. Both get up and walk to the entrance of the cantina. They enter and the doors are blasted off the hinges and carbon scoring is plenty evident in the main room.

Three AT-UT’s are guarding the prisoners that were taken in the engagement. A second transport comes to a stop and the entrance and opens it’s cargo hatch. Medical personal and the head of the Crime Lab enter the building. They begin to search the cantina trying to find any information that might help solve the murders of eighteen police.

(Camera wipes and focuses inside the cantina)

Medical personal are working hard attempting to stabilize one of their own. A young sergeant is bleeding from a knife wound to the stomach. The conversation picks up as they realize that he is bleeding internally. They start cauterizing the wound as fast as they can as one of the technicians sets up a blood transfusion unit to replenish the lost blood. After fifteen minutes of minor field surgery they stabilize the wounded officer and get ready to transport him to the nearest medical facility.

[Police Captain] You think he’ll make it to the Bacta Tank in time?

His voice is cracked from the losses that his platoon has suffered. He knew that this was a dangerous operation but he still hoped that he wouldn’t loose any men on this mission.

[Medic] Sir, he’s got a 50/50 chance to make it.

Anger swells on his face at that fact. He walks into the back office and looks for the nearest Crime Lab personal.

[Police Captain] Give me a report.

[Crime Lab Tech 1] Sir, preliminary info is nothing is in here. Except those two in the corner, they’re pretty much vegetable mater for a brain. No amount of medicine or bacta would fix their problems they have in their brains. If they ever regained consciousness they would be like two year olds again, and never progress farther then three years of age if that

They continue searching for Jolix, but turn up nothing that resembles the Aqualish. Further examination of the back office revealed nothing except a destroyed computer terminal near the two thugs. The core was destroyed beyond repair and to make maters worse nothing was recoverable from the data port. The police chief walks into the back office and turns to the captain.

[Police Chief] Looks like Jolix knew we were coming and had his escape route covered. You sure he came into this office? I don’t doubt your report but nothing is making any sense here. Where is the body of Jolix?

[Camera dissolves and focuses in on a turbo lift in motion.]

djas_puhr
13 September 2005, 08:02 AM
Ach’er and company are traveling through the underground tunnels at high speed inside a turbolift. Ach’er stand with his back against a side of the circular tubrolift, his mind is racing trying to figure out the next move. Jolix was involved in the explosion at the docking ring. Well that makes sense, though who is he working for. I mean the guy has to be working for someone powerful and rich. Ach’er looks down at the floor of the turbolift and closes his eyes to concentrate on the puzzle.

[Ach’er] We’ll reach the surface in a few minutes. I don’t think anyone will notice four people arriving out of nowhere here on Nar Shaddaa. My place is about one kilometer away and is about two kilometers from the spaceport.

Ach’er’s eyes are still closed and continues to rest against the turbolift. Well I never thought that I would get involved in an intergalactic arms race. That’s the only thing that makes sense. But who is Jolix working for?

boccelounge
13 September 2005, 03:53 PM
During the ride in the turbolift, CUSTER takes a minute to catch his breath, and look around at these new companions. It had been a wild time, the last few minutes.
CUSTER: Shore has been a wild time, these last few minutes... I guess it's true what they say, that sometimes minutes can seem like weeks...
Somehow, even after wading through TEBBO's waterfall, CUSTER's dark-blue-wool jacket is as dusty as ever. He brushes off his shoulder and takes off his wide-brimmed hat as he addresses LYN.
CUSTER: You gotta forgive me, miss. I ain't rightly shore if we've been prop'ly introduced; mighta been during that gunfight, but I don't remember...
He bows slightly, hat in hand:
CUSTER: Name's Custer. Right glad to make your acquaintance, circumstances notwithstanding.
CUSTER grins broadly behind his bushy mustache.

Uron Teff
14 September 2005, 12:27 PM
Lyn leans back to the wall of the turbo lisft and examines her clothing. Well I just need to buy me some new cloth after this "little"shooting action she thinks. While tapping some dust of her cloak she hears the guy with the beard speaking.

CUSTER: You gotta forgive me, miss. I ain't rightly shore if we've been prop'ly introduced; mighta been during that gunfight, but I don't remember...
And shortly after...

CUSTER: Name's Custer. Right glad to make your acquaintance, circumstances notwithstanding.

She raises her head and looks this man right in the eye. Not stoping to tap her clothes she replies.

[Lyn] Well, Castor...uhm...Chester...I mean...Custer. It's okay. I'm fine with your name. Needn't change it for me.

Looking down again her view suddenly goes over her shoes which are cover with dirt and smut after walking through the underground exit of the cantina.

[Lyn] Now look at my shoes. What a mess.

She raises her head again to see who's paining attention to her as she glances over the face of Chester... No that named sounded slightly different. Ah now I know Custer.

[Lyn] Oh... I forgot... I'm Lyn. Only Lyn. Needn't bother me with any questions.

Shortly after saying this her head is going down back to the position in what he lastes before and she is viewing again the inside of her 'new' bag.

djas_puhr
19 September 2005, 12:09 PM
After ten minutes of traveling the turbolift comes to a stop and then rises slowly to the surface. The doors hiss open and reveal a deserted ally fully of trash and junk. Off in the distance starships can be heard landing and taking off. Ach'er walks out slowly and heads off to the entrance of the ally way.

[Ach'er] Well it ain’t much but my place is one klick that way.

As he gestures towards the left of the entrance; tall buildings can be seen. Ach'ers hand points towards an older building that once looked like a beautiful hotel yet is run down and in disrepair. He slowly heads off towards the complex looking around seeing if any one recognizes him.

[Ach'er] Tebbo, you secured the turbolift right?

[Tebbo] You insult me with such a question. Yes I did and the code cylinder is safe with me.

Tebbo is a little irritated at the comment but understands why it was asked. Grudgingly he follows Ach'er.

After about a fifteen-minute walk they arrive at the complex. Ach'er retrieves a data cards and swipes it across a reader and unlocks the entrance and the group enters the lobby.

[Ach'er] My place is on the tenth floor. There’s a walkway near the balcony that can take us directly to the star port.

He takes the turbolift up to the tenth floor and walks to his room and opens the door.

Inside the room is a kitchen about four meters by two meters with enough appliances to get by. The living room is eight meters by eight meters and leads to a refresher and three bedrooms. One is converted into an armory and repair station with two computer terminals, and a holonet access station. However, there still is a bunk in the armory room to rest upon.

[Ach'er] I’d suggest we rest before we take on the transport. No telling who we may run into. I’ll be resting in my room, y’all are free to eat whatever you want and watch whatever holovid is on.

With that Ach'er heads to his room and closes the door and sets his alarm to go off in six hours. Giving him about two and a half hours to spare to get to the star port.

----

I’ll have a map later in the OOC so you can get an idea of the apartment.

Uron Teff
23 September 2005, 08:10 AM
[Lyn] Come on, you pigs. Won't get a shower, will ya?

She move to the bathroom jiggling her backside around the corner.

[Lyn] Well Ladies first!

As she reaches the bath room she undresses herself and enters the shower. After twenty minutes of intense showering she covers herself with a towel and moves back into Ach'ers apartment. She stand there waiting for anybody to look at her as suddenly it strikes her like a bolt.


[Ach'er] I’d suggest we rest before we take on the transport. No telling who we may run into. I’ll be resting in my room, y’all are free to eat whatever you want and watch whatever holovid is on.

He hasn't even thought about offering it to you! With anger rising she moves into the Ach'er's room still only covered with a towel. A few drops of water still on her uncovered skin reflecting the light from the ceiling light. Slowly she moves closer to Ach'er and leans foreward so that he has a good view on her neck line.

[Lyn] And where do I sleep? blink blink

boccelounge
24 September 2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
ACH'ER: I’d suggest we rest before we take on the transport. No telling who we may run into. I’ll be resting in my room, y’all are free to eat whatever you want and watch whatever holovid is on.
CUSTER: I heard that, pard. See you in a few hours.
CUSTER is quick to find a horizontal, roughly comfortable place to lay, and is asleep almost as soon as he lays his head down. He's soon sleeping peacefully, snoring lightly, his dusty old hat pulled down over his eyes.

--------------------

OOC: This post might be short, and it might be lame, but that's what Custer would do... plus I don't want to be around for the "bedroom scene." 8o ;)

djas_puhr
26 September 2005, 10:28 AM
[Lyn] And where do I sleep? blink blink.

Ach’er looks at Lyn awkwardly for a second and then clears his throat. Embarrassment washes over his face, as he understands what she’s asking.

[Ach’er] Umm, well, you can have my room and I’ll sleep out here on the couch. I’m sorry but you see, umm, my girlfriend well she’s right now on a business trip and well, yeah.

Ach’er looks down at the ground and sheepishly walks away and finds a comfortable spot on the recliner in the corner. He sets his chronometer to go off in six hours. Man that was rough, I really do miss Jacqueline; hope she has a good trip. With that Ach’er falls to sleep rather quickly in his comfortable chair.

djas_puhr
26 September 2005, 10:28 AM
[Camera wipes and centers on Nar Shaddaa spaceport]

A small transport sits at the landing site idling as the first mate is walking around inside the cockpit fiddling with the controls. He was supposed to receive a message from his captain but after five hours of hearing nothing he is getting concerned. He walks back through small passageway leading back to more controls and equipment. Looking around the room he finds the consol he was looking for and sits down in front of it. He keys in two commands and waits for the unit to cycle. After five minutes the unit chirps up and displays the information he was looking for.

He reaches for the computer on his left and types in the same information that was produced by the unit. The display states that the inquire will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Great, this is going to take forever to finish. Guess I’ll head back and check the cargo. He heads out the control room and walks back to the cargo hold. He takes a flight of stairs down into the hull and watches droids start-loading containers into the cargo bay.

The first mate continues to observe the droid as it maneuvers the crates into position. A slight chirping sound can be heard coming from the belt of the first mate. He quickly grabs the comlink and accepts the incoming transmission.

[Unknown Voice] I pray everything is going well for you. It would be a shame if for some reason you were unable to fulfill your end of the agreement. It would be very unfortunate for your friend if you didn’t.

[First Mate] Listen here; tell your boss that I’ll have the stuff to him in time. We leave in less then five hours. We’ll get to Tatooine in time don’t worry.

The comlink terminates its transmission as the first mate says don’t worry. He looks around surveying the droids. Panic fills his face, the thought of not fulfilling this order for Jzoun. I got to find were my pilot is. I pray he isn’t drunk again. The first mate heads back to the control room and checks on the progress of the computer, finding that it has completed its task.

He heads down to the cargo bay just in time to see the last of the cargo being loaded into the hull. Once the droids have finished placing and securing down the cargo he keys two commands into the nearby control panel. The cargo bay ramp closes and seals itself, he walks down the main ramp and keys his remote and watches the ramp close. He heads back into town to begin his search were the computer told him to begin to look.

djas_puhr
26 September 2005, 10:29 AM
Ach’er’s alarm goes of six hours later. Man I should have taken something for my muscles they’re going to be real sore now. Ach’er looks around and sees Tebbo up already fix something in the kitchen and smelling somewhat decent. Ach’er heads to the refresher and takes a quick shower and shaves off some of the gruff growing on the sides of his face, leaving his full goatee in place. He heads over to armory and quickly looks around for some of his gear. Looks like I’m going for a trip. He grabs his heavy blaster and his trusty SoroSuub X-45 Sniper rifle.

Ach’er heads over to the work bench and grabs a crate of det packs and a few frag grenades.

[Ach’er] If you guys need to restock on blaster power packs or frag grenades do so now. I don’t want to be caught unprepared this time.

Ach’er walks over to kitchen and grabs a plate of what Tebbo has fixed up. He eats it quickly and grabs a fresh thermos of caf for the trip to the starport.

[Ach’er] As soon as everyone is ready to go we’re out of here.

OOC: Ach’er only has a basic armory. Tools for modifying weapons and armor and blaster power packs recharge station. There are a few rifles and slugthrowers in the room as well.

Uron Teff
7 October 2005, 05:50 AM
After Lyn gets up she dresses herself only with her tight body suit she is always wearing beneath her cloak. This tight suit emphasizes her female curves and Lyn knows this. Opening the door of Ach'ers bed room she views the room searching for the host. As she spots him in the kitchen she moves in his direction. Standing behind him she leans closer to him to get one of those sandwiches Tebbo had made. Her boddy slightly touching Ach'er's arm she grabs one of the sandwiches and turns to sit down at the table.

[Lyn] Oh, I'm sorry, handsome. Thank you for offering me your bed. But, uh, don't you have a heating installation in your bed room? I was freezing in the night.

Crossing her legs she sits there as tempting and seductive as the night before. Her lekku moving slightly trying to submit a message.

boccelounge
13 October 2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Ach’er’s alarm goes of six hours later... Ach’er heads over to the work bench and grabs a crate of det packs and a few frag grenades.

[Ach’er] If you guys need to restock on blaster power packs or frag grenades do so now. I don’t want to be caught unprepared this time.

Ach’er only has a basic armory. Tools for modifying weapons and armor and blaster power packs recharge station. There are a few rifles and slugthrowers in the room as well.

CUSTER is up early, and is already working at the bench when Ach'er comes over.
CUSTER: Not a bad set-up ya got here, pard. Man could make hisself up some right nasty toys here.
Ach'er sees that CUSTER has his blaster pistols dissambled, and is using the tools to clean, calibrate, and possibly improve them. He looks up from his work to give Ach'er a shrewd, discerning look.
CUSTER: And them gree-nades... shore ain't any small-time crook's having a weapons stockpile like this... Just who'd you say you was werkin' for, good buddy? It's, you know, maybee time we learnt a little about one another...
He waits for an answer, still working on the pistols, but keeping an eye on Ach'er to judge his reaction.

---------------

OOC: Repair Check to Customize pistols
1. First Pistol: (Repair +10) + (d20 +8) = 18

2. Second Pistol: (Repair +10) + (d20 +9) = 19

- I don't have access to A&EG (or any other books, except the RCR) for the time being... but I think I'd like to increase the attack bonus (which decreases the damage, IIRC). Could one of you guys verify the specifics of the weapons customization rules for me? And GM, please let me know if these rolls succeed, and if Custer has enough time do this. Thanks.

djas_puhr
14 October 2005, 07:26 AM
Lyn] Oh, I'm sorry, handsome. Thank you for offering me your bed. But, uh, don't you have a heating installation in your bedroom? I was freezing in the night.

Ach’er raises an eyebrow at that remark and wonders what is really going on in the head of the young Twi’lek. He thought he answered her remarks earlier but now that she is pushing the issue once more he figures why not.

[Ach’er] Sorry hun, I was tired and well forgot my manners. Next time I’ll keep you warm, I promise.


CUSTER: Not a bad set-up ya got here, pard. Man could make hisself up some right nasty toys here.

CUSTER: And them gree-nades... shore ain't any small-time crook's having a weapons stockpile like this... Just who'd you say you was werkin' for, good buddy? It's, you know, maybee time we learnt a little about one another...

Ach’er smiles at that remark and casually offers his story to Custer. Hoping to amuse him a little.

[Ach’er] Not much to tell about my self. Got into some bad business with a Hutt and they own my hide ever since. I’m originally from Varyr and had a few run-ins with the local Imperial Garrison there and well, had to leave. Found my way to here and settled down working for Mardoc who gave me this little set up.

Ach’er looks around and scratches his head for a second then continues on.

[Ach’er] I HAD a roommate once upon a time, haven’t seen him in ages come to think about it. Had a girlfriend back home, but haven’t seen her since I left. Blasted Imps wont let me back home, says I’m too much of a troublemaker. Oh well, going to try and get home one of these days.

Ach’er finishes up eating the sandwich that Tebbo was fixing earlier and continues talking.

[Ach’er] Do a little scouting on different worlds. You know finding out what things are like and what the local feel is. If it suits my boss he sets up some type of semi-legitimate business and we go from there. Mainly I just look around and find good places for him. Some times I have to lead a group of people somewhere so they don’t get lost or loose there cargo the dropped due to Imp Custom agents.

Ach’er looks at his chronometer and figures he has a little over an hour before they all have to leave.

Uron Teff
14 October 2005, 07:52 AM
[Ach’er] Sorry hun, I was tired and well forgot my manners. Next time I’ll keep you warm, I promise.

Hearing this a smile flits over her face. Miliseconds later her face turns back again into the inocent it was before.

[Lyn] I've got your word?


[Ach’er] I HAD a roommate once upon a time, haven’t seen him in ages come to think about it. Had a girlfriend back home, but haven’t seen her since I left. Blasted Imps wont let me back home, says I’m too much of a troublemaker. Oh well, going to try and get home one of these days.

While moving nearer to Ach'er he Lekku start to wince slightly as she stretches her hand towards Arch'er's hand. Smooth finger run over Ach'er's skin as she touches his hand shortly. Withdrawing from this contact she raises one eyebrow and asks with a smile.

[Lyn] Poor boy, far, far away from his homeplanet and his girl friend. How do you know she's stil your girl?

Without waiting for an answer to her question she walks out of the Kitchen back to the bedroom to get the rest of her stuff.

boccelounge
14 October 2005, 01:01 PM
CUSTER is still at the work-bench when Ach'er strikes up a conversation.


Originally posted by djas_puhr
[Ach’er] Not much to tell about my self... Got into some bad business with a Hutt and they own my hide ever since...
CUSTER: Yeah, I hear ya. I came from Sriluur; ever-body and his brother there was on the hook to them Hutts fer somethin' er other... and a Debt Mark's not an easy thing to live with.


Originally posted by djas_puhr
[Ach’er] I HAD a roommate once upon a time, haven’t seen him in ages come to think about it. Had a girlfriend back home, but haven’t seen her since I left. Blasted Imps wont let me back home, says I’m too much of a troublemaker. Oh well, going to try and get home one of these days...
CUSTER looks up thoughtfully at this, and replies sadly.
CUSTER: Yeah, sure son, sure. We all start off going at lightspeed ta git away, and then spend half our lives tryin' ta git back...

CUSTER: Well, I'm about done here. I think I'll go scare up some vittles, a'fore we go. Other n'that, I'll be ready to git when y'all are.

Uron Teff
14 October 2005, 01:30 PM
As Lyn is fully dressed, now with her cloaked in her greatcoat, she walks out of the badroom into Ach'ers smale armory to check the options she has. Blaster Rifles, haven't got any experience with them, so better leave 'em. I pick up some of these and some of those. Grabing one heavy blaster pistol and a blaster pistol as backup. More stumbling over the grenades than searching for them she takes three frag grenades and one stun grenade. Was pretty funny with those explosives last time. Now where are those energy packs? Ah... there they are. Taking four energy packs for the two blasters she turns around and leaves the room to join Ach'er, Custer and Tebbo in the kitchen just to hear Custer speak.


CUSTER: Yeah, sure son, sure. We all start off going at lightspeed ta git away, and then spend half our lives tryin' ta git back...


Without considering she replies only to find her telling something about herself.

[Lyn] I don't think so, Castro. You would be want to get back if you have had a good childhood and nice parents and a girlfriend. But where I come from you don't... ah well you wouldn't understand.

Recognizing that she just started to tell something about her past she tries to get the attention to another member of this little team of mercenaries.

[Lyn] What about you, Big Eye? You don't look like you've got some people waiting for you.

djas_puhr
17 October 2005, 10:02 AM
Tebbo looks at Lyn and tilt his head slightly and in his native tongue says something real quiet. He turns back to the kitchen and wraps everything up and heads into the basic armory and grabs two frag grenades and two flash grenades. On his way out he finds a tool chest that has a few tools that are good for repairing starships. He finds an empty tool pouch and places them into it. Hydrospaners, Alluvial dampers, and Horizontal boosters parts are set inside the newly made tool kit.

[Tebbo] I'm ready to go, I brought extra parts incase we need them for the transport.

Ach'er hears Tebbo and nods in approval. He heads back into the small armory and grabs his gear. He straps his heavy blaster pistol to his right thigh and attaches three frag grenades to his vest. He grabs his backpack with his Gillie suit stuffed in it. He secures the backpack and grabs his polarized black sunglasses and puts them on.

[Ach’er] Its time. Grab your stuff and were out of here.

Ach’er heads to the back door and opens it. He punches in a series of numbers on the control pad next to the entrance and then inserts his personal code cylinder.

[Ach’er] Hurry up folks; we’ve got a ship to catch.

djas_puhr
19 October 2005, 12:12 PM
The rag-tag bunch heads out of the apartment as Ach’er finishes setting the alarm and explosives should anyone try to get into the apartment that he doesn’t want to get in. He plugs in his code cylinder and twists it twice clockwise to transmit and receive the data. Once done he pockets his code cylinder and turns back to the group and speaks.

[Ach’er] I hope you’re all ready. Cause this apartment is rigged to blow should someone try and pry open the door without this code cylinder. Lets get moving then.

Ach’er continues to the exit and climbs up the stairs to the landing pad. A cab is approaching fast and stops barley a meter away from Ach’er. The cabby sticks out his head and starts to yell at Ach’er. With a single smooth motion Ach’er draws and aims his heavy blaster at the cabby and yells back at him.

[Ach’er] You’re taking my friends and I to the Nar Shaddaa spaceport. No questions asked, understand.

He waits to see what the drive does. Panic flushes the face of the cabby and decides that his life is more precious then cab and bails out of it and starts running for his life. Ach’er’s blaster tracks the cabby but doesn’t fire it at the unarmed cabby.

[Ach’er] So much for that idea, Tebbo can you drive that thing?

Tebbo looks at the cab carefully and climbs inside it starts the repulsor fields of the airspeeder and adjusts the repulsor emitters and nods in approval.

[Tebbo] It isn’t much but it’ll get us there in one piece intact. I’d suggest we start going before any problems arise from our resent acquisition.

Ach’er jumps into the shotgun position of the cab and hollers at Custer and Lyn to get in. Both get into the back seat and Tebbo rockets away engaging the ion drive as he lifts clear of the landing pad. A few minutes later and a few close calls they land near the spaceport and park the cab in an ally away from prying eyes.

[Ach’er] I believe our transport is in Docking Bay 063. Any suggestions on what we should do once we get there?

boccelounge
20 October 2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
With a single smooth motion Ach’er draws and aims his heavy blaster at the cabby and yells back at him.

[Ach’er] You’re taking my friends and I to the Nar Shaddaa spaceport. No questions asked, understand.
CUSTER watches all of this in wide-eyed amazement.
CUSTER: Couldn't we have, just, you know, paid that hombre?
He laughs, but nervously,
CUSTER: Shoot... I guess I never will get used ta the ways o' the "Big City"...



Originally posted by djas_puhr
[Ach’er] I believe our transport is in Docking Bay 063. Any suggestions on what we should do once we get there?
CUSTER: Well, if ya ask me, and you do, I say "keep our heads low, an' our blasters holstered."
The lanky fringer eyes Ach'er warily, his fingers rubbing the brass buttons of his old blue-wool army coat...
CUSTER: Unless you got some reason ta be jumpy? This is yer ship, right? Or are we gonna have ta "acquire" us one, onna top of all else what went down... ?

djas_puhr
21 October 2005, 07:36 AM
[Camera wipes and centers upon the first mate]

Nar Shaddaa Starport: Exterior

After his futile attempt to locate the pilot he heads back to the freighter. Upon reaching the docking bay entrance his comlink chirps and a data stream is being up loaded into the ships computer. The Quarren opens the forward ramp and climbs aboard. He takes the turbolift up to the cockpit and pulls up the data transmission. The cargo manifest changed once more and he keys the frequency for Docking Bay control again, this time he speaks with disgust.

[Quarren] Control, I have another request. It seems that my cargo manifest has changed once more. I’ll require two droids to remove and replace the cargo, I’ll pay the usually transfer fee.

He cuts the comlink and sits down in the crew lounge and brings up the new manifest. Great, why do they keep changing the shipment for Jzoun? Granted he has a big business he runs it quite well and seemingly out of Imperial interest. Still, why do we have to cater to this guy? He turns back to his data pad and starts keying the new cargo.

After ten minutes of keying in the new info he proceeds back to the cockpit and attempts to reach the Captain of the freighter. Again the Quarren gets no response from the captain on his personal frequency. Anger sets in as well as fear; the Quarren begins to think the unthinkable. His captain is dead.

He leaves the cockpit and heads down the boarding ramp and rushes to the Docking Bay Authority. He has to find out has happened to his captain so he brings up his comlink he changes the frequency to the Sand Point Cantina and speaks into it. Nothing is heard from the cantina, puzzled he hails a cab and orders him to be driven to Sand Point Cantina.

As the Quarren approaches the Cantina he sees the place is taped off and has two AT-UT’s in front of the place with a handful of local police. He tells the driver to head back to the starport. On the way back to the starport he again changes the com frequency and calls the business he is working for and leaves a short message.

[Camera dissolves and refocuses upon our group of Mercenaries arriving at the starport.]

Nar Shaddaa Starport: Exterior


CUSTER: Unless you got some reason ta be jumpy? This is yer ship, right? Or are we gonna have ta "acquire" us one, onna top of all else what went down... ?

Ach’er pauses a second and turns and smiles at Custer and smirks real quickly.

[Ach’er] Nope, no reason not to be jumpy. The transport isn’t mine and more importantly it’s Jolix’s transport. I thought either he’ll be on it or we can use it to track him. Besides, we need a ride off this moon and this seems to be a likely opportunity to get us a ride. I don’t know what condition its in but nonetheless we need it.

Ach’er walks into the starport and looks at the directory and finds were the ship is and what its flight status is. Ach’er motions towards the direction of the transport and begins to head that direction. After ten minutes of walking up and down the hub they pass a Quarren for the third time. He appears agitated, nervous and very angry. The Quarren’s comlink chirps and he snatches it off of his belt and keys it. He keys it and listens for a second before he starts going off on it cursing at it and raising his voice at the caller. He storms off and shoves people out of his way moving rapidly back to main entrance and heads out of the starport as he reaches for a cab.

Ach’er continues to walk towards Docking Bay 063 taking his time as he approaches the stairwell leading to the Docking Bay.

[Camera shifts position to show the group enter the docking bay]

Docking Bay 063 Interior

Droids are busy moving about finishing up the unloading and fueling of the Barloz-class Medium Freighter. It is old and looks like it is decent shape, minor rust stains and micrometeorites craters liter the ship. The boarding rams and cargo lift is still in the down position; two droids near the lift with cargo boxes begin loaded upon the lift.

Ach’er turns towards Tebbo and asks him a question.

[Ach’er] You ever flown one of those before?

Tebbo looks at the old Braloz-class Medium Freighter and smiles smugly. The freighter wasn’t much to look at and from what he could tell it wasn’t in the best of shape.

[Tebbo] Well it could be worse. At least we know the lifts work.

Uron Teff
22 October 2005, 03:43 PM
Viewing the surrounding area Lyn walks right behind Ach'er and hears him speak.


[Ach’er] Nope, no reason not to be jumpy. The transport isn’t mine and more importantly it’s Jolix’s transport. I thought either he’ll be on it or we can use it to track him. Besides, we need a ride off this moon and this seems to be a likely opportunity to get us a ride. I don’t know what condition its in but nonetheless we need it.

Shortly thinking about a responce she views Tebbo for a moment and considers not to speak. Shifting her view from the area back to the group her eyes catches the Duro pilot. Somehow Tebbo seemed to feel queasy while they we're walking towardes the starport.


Ach’er] You ever flown one of those before?
[...]
[Tebbo] Well it could be worse. At least we know the lifts work.

[Lyn] C'mon, Tebbo. If you fly as bad as you shoot this'll be a rough ride even if there isn't somebody chasing us...

Without further ado she step right next to Ach'er and lays her hand on his shoulder. Why is he this resistant? Never met one like him... Stay focused Oola. Now we're going to bust some scumbags... then there'll be enough time for some social agend...

[Lyn] Big boy, what is our target? What are you looking at Big Eye... oh you haven't understood what I was saying...

djas_puhr
24 October 2005, 10:27 AM
[Lyn] C'mon, Tebbo. If you fly as bad as you shoot this'll be a rough ride even if there isn't somebody chasing us...

Tebbo looks at Lyn with glaring eyes and smirks to himself. Well this runts thinks she knows everything; time for her to learn a thing or too about my flying. Tebbo walks over to Custer and quietly mutters something as he walks towards him.


[Lyn] Big boy, what is our target? What are you looking at Big Eye... oh you haven't understood what I was saying...

Ach’er looks quizzically at Lyn and tilts his slightly at her remark. What are we doing? I know I’m supposed to work for Mardoc and figure out who did this but why am I doing this? Heck what would Torg say about this mess I’m in. I know, work for the Hutts and they own you for life. Ach’er shakes his head quickly attempting to clear out the random thoughts that keep popping up in there.

[Ach’er] Well Miss, our target is Jolix. This here is his transport and were about to take possession of it. All we have to do is get on board start her up and get the heck out of dodge before anyone knows differently.

Ach’er reaches down and checks his blaster out of habit and holsters it once more and proceeds to enter the transport.

(Here (http://deckplans.00sf.com/CEC/Barloz.html) is the deck plans for the freighter. Enjoy)

Entering the main ramp at the bow of the ship Ach’er head up into the forward cargo hold. He enters into the starboard turbolift and presses the key for the main deck. He holds the door open and waves the rest of the group into the turbo lift.

Once everyone is on board the lift takes them to the main deck and opens quickly. The lights are dimmed and the emergency red lights are light. Ach’er head down the passageway leading into the crew lounge. He stops briefly at the computer control station and punches in a single command and gets a quick response.

[Ach’er] We’re the only ones aboard this transport. Tebbo head up to the cockpit and see what you can do about getting this transport operational. Lyn, give Custer a hand bringing the reactor and engines online. I’ll see about closing up the loading ramps.

boccelounge
25 October 2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
[Ach’er] We’re the only ones aboard this transport. Tebbo head up to the cockpit and see what you can do about getting this transport operational. Lyn, give Custer a hand bringing the reactor and engines online. I’ll see about closing up the loading ramps.

CUSTER gives a Ach'er quick nod in acknowledgement, then trots off back toward the engineering station. He draws a blaster pistol, and sets it to "Stun."
CUSTER: It may seem empty... but I ain't taking no chances, not with that Aqualish bein' involved...
Heads quickly but cautiously through the Main Hold, on Deck 2, and back to the engine access.

Once there, CUSTER begins to get the ship into launch condition. He tries to get the systems on-line quickly, but takes time to make sure there are no flaws, booby-traps, or other dangers lurking in the equipment.

--------------------

GM: Please apply Computer Use +10, Demolitions +4, and Repair +10, as needed.

djas_puhr
27 October 2005, 01:02 PM
Custer and Lyn head back to the engine compartment and begin working on the main reactor. Along the way they notice that they freighter is in decent shape. The piping and Electrical wires are still factory stock, haven’t been replaced since the freighter was commissioned. They both make it safely to the reactor controls and begin the power up procedures. Lyn moves over and begins work on the repulsor field controls bringing them up and starts diverting battery power to them to warm them up.

Ach’er heads up to the cockpit with Tebbo muttering to himself about the condition of the vessel. He grabs a hold of his comlink and scans for a seldomly used frequency. After a quick scan he finds the frequency and keys the comlink.

[Ach’er] Hey old buddy, you on this channel? If so and you can hear me, head to Docking Bay 063 of the main terminal here. You get that.

Ach’er turns the comlink off and clips it back to his belt and set it on vibrate. He continues on down the narrow corridor and makes his way down the stairs to the cockpit. Tebbo enters and sits down in the left seat and begins to run through the computer check-off list. The Quarren left the controls open to use and failed to engage the basic security lockout procedures common to this vessel.

[Tebbo] Stupid spacer, he left the thing running. I’ll have it ready to lift off in about fifteen minutes.

Ach’er nods and quickly takes his seat behind Tebbo and begins to check how much is left on the cargo transfer. The computer prompts Ach’er for a command, he thinks for a second and then keys in a display of the last command that was entered. The computer cycles for a second and displays the trace that was run by the Quarren co-pilot, listing the user and his rank. Ach’er pulls up a map of the city and overlays it with the data the computer provided. The trace ends at the cantina were the brawl was.

[Ach’er] Tebbo we’re in for some poodoo. That Quarren is going to get back to this ship soon and find us. I’ll let the other know that there might be company coming.

I only wish Torg was here now. Blasted Torg were the heck are you! Ach’er punches up the internal communications system and keys the intercom for the engineering section.

[Ach’er] Custer, Lyn! We might have company. Seems that the pilot was either killed in the Cantina Brawl we were at or he’s there currently. The computer is also telling me that they were supposed to leave in less then an hour.

[Scene changes to outside the star port]
Exterior Nar Shaddaa Starport

Standing out side on the star port a Quarren stares off into the distance cursing in his native tongue. A fairly tall human male approaches wearing Jolix’s gangs colors and outfit. The Quarren and signals to him to follow and both head towards the spaceports small bar and grill and take a seat in the dinning area. The human turns and begins to speak.

[Myles] Vekker, cool down. You know that Duncan was taking a personal message to the Hutts.

[Vekker] I know, I think that Mardoc killed Duncan. Savax was fond of Duncan since he was one of his best pilots. How am I going to tell Savax that Mardoc simply killed his messenger? I thought that the Hutts laws forebode killing a messenger.

Myles looks around ponder this action by Mardoc. Had Mardoc really ordered the death of Duncan. That’s unheard of! He shakes his head sharply and turns back to the Quarren.

[Myles] Look, weather or not he was killed is beside the point. The matter is weather or not the message was delivered. I think Mardoc was furious about loosing his shipment of Bacta and ignored Hutt law. Just get back to your ship and fly back to the Obana Belt and tell Myoss what happened, it wasn’t your fault.

The Quarren nods and looks around searching for any of Mardoc’s thugs. Numerous crowds of people liter the entrance. Many are wearing different clothing from their native worlds while others wear only what they own. A rather tall figure grabs a hold of Vekker’s attention and he begins to study the Yuzzem. The Yuzzem continues on past the pair sitting at the Bar & Grill and stops to look at the postings of ships and their berths.

[Vekker] I need to get back to my ship then. Make sure Duncan is dead and send me a message via hypercom.

The Quarren gets up from his chair and heads straight for his ship. I pray now that Jzoun shipment is finished loading. For the dock masters sake, it better be complete.

[Camera dissolves and centers on Docking Bay 063]
Interior Barloz-Class Freighter

Ach’er finishes up with checking on the droids down on the 1st deck of the freighter and takes the turbolift back to the main deck and heads back to the cockpit. He enters the cockpit and looks at Tebbo and asks him a question.

[Ach’er] How much longer we got?

[Tebbo] As soon as Custer and Lyn finish up with what ever they are doing we should be good to go.

Custer and Lyn are just finishing up enabling the repulsor field and the reactor core when the ship turns on by its self. Both look at each other quizzically and both shake their heads as they both know they didn’t turn on the reactor. Custer heads out of the engine room with Lyn hot on his heals, they start weaving in and out of the cargo containers in the main cargo space as the proceed to the cockpit.

[Ach’er] Sithspit, he’s here! Tebbo, finish up with the ship and get her ready for flight. I’m going to try and stop the co-pilot.

Ach’er heads back out and runs into Custer and Lyn as they reach the turbo lift room.

[Ach’er] Looks like company is on their way. If you want to help I’m heading down to deal with our unwanted guest.

[Camera changes position to show the entrance of the docking bay]
Exterior Docking Bay 063

All the droids previously loading the freighter are now leaving the docking bay and head back to the loadmaster in charge of the droids. The main cargo lift is rising up into the hull and sealing its self.

Ach’er steps out of the turbolift as soon as it opens up and turns quickly to the right and proceeds down the entry ramp when he spots the Quarren.

The Quarren is shocked when he sees someone inside his freighter and quickly pulls out his blaster and begins to fire at Ach’er.

Ach’er dives back inside the freighter behind a cargo pallet and pulls out his heavy blaster as well and begins to return fire at the direction of the Quarren.

[Ach’er] Tebbo, close the ramp and get us the heck out of here!

Tebbo hears Ach’er yelling at him over the comlink and begins to fire up the repulsors to lift the ship off the ground as he attempts to close the entrance ramp. Suddenly the main controls to the freighter fail to respond to Tebbo, again Tebbo punches in the proper commands but with no response. He quickly keys the internal comlink system.

[Tebbo] Ach’er the computers just went dead. It seems that Quarren has a remote device that can lock out the computers.

The Quarren reaches to his comlink and calls for assistance from Myles. A few minutes pass as the Quarren now has reinforcements. Five thugs and Myles now are aiding Vekker at attacking Ach’er.

max ordo
27 October 2005, 03:19 PM
[Ach’er] Hey old buddy, you on this channel? If so and you can hear me, head to Docking Bay 063 of the main terminal here. You get that.


Yeah I hear ya Ach'er. Sounds like you need me to pull you out of a mess again. Torg thinks to himself and grins "Who wants to live forever" as he pulls on his pack and weapons then covers up with a cloak and heads towards Docking Bay 063. Making his way through the crowds Torg reaches the Nar Shadda Starport and studies the listing of ships and their berths. Finding the ship listed at dock 063 Well Ach'er have you finally made some money or do you need me to help take it. he thinks to himself. Making his way slowly through the Starport towards dock 063 he notices a Quarren who is wearing one of the local wanna be gang colors that seems to be in a hurry. A moment later and a little closer to docking bay 063 Torg heard the distinctive sounds of blaster fire and a minute later was passed by a group of six humans running to what appeared to be docking bay 063 Should have figured this wouldn't be as easy as just showing up.... he thinks to himself as he reaches under his cloak and brings the E-Web he had on a speed sling and the power pack strapped to his back. As an afterthought he produces the commlink Ach'er was trying to contacting on and makes a quick call "Hello sweetheart....You rang." and then gives a low growling chuckle. A moment later he enters the Docking Bay 063 and sees the six thugs and the Quarren firing at the entry ramp and assumed that was where Ach'er was.

Stepping fulling into docking bay 063 Torg brings the muzzel of the E-Web up and levels it at the thugs. A moment later the sounds of the thugs blaster pistols is interupted by the sound of the E-Web going off behind them and the screaming of two of the men as they drop to their knees trying to keep their insides from hitting the ground as the spray of blaster fire from behind took them inn the back, leaving gaping holes in their abdomen's. Torg swung the E-Web to the left towars the Quarren firing the whole time and catching three more of the thugs. Two took shots leaving holes the size of a humans head in the center of their chests and actually decapitating the third as he was trying to duck down to avoid the shots. All this took approximately forty seconds and now there was just the Quarren and one Human left "Lets play" Torg growls at them as he lets go of the E-Web and it drops back on its sling and swings behind his back. The Yuzzem then rushes the two smaller creatures, teeth bared and claws extended. The Quarren looks at his associate who looks sufficiently surprised and scared of this 8 1/2 ft 600 lb behemoth rushing at them, looking at his blaster pistol he thinks I'm sooo dead... The seconds tick by and the two raise their pistols to shoot the Yuzzem barreling towards them which looked more like a huge furry set of teeth and claws. The Quarren scores a shot to Torg's shoulder which he doesn't even seen to feel, the human on the other hand was shaking so bad he managed to miss the large target running towards him and he drops his pistol and turns to run. "You waited to long little man" Torg growled right as he wrapped his right hand around the humans neck and picked him up while simultaniously snapping his left hand out, palming the Quarrens face and digging his claws into the top of the Quarrens head. A second later he drops to his knees bring his two catches with him, slamming the human face first into the ground, there is an audible crunch as the mans faceimpacts with the hard ground and Torg lets him go and chuckles at the twitching body on the ground. The Quarren on the other hand was still alive and semi-concious "You shouldn't have shot at my friend Squid face" and he then takes a bite out of the Quarrens throat, killing him, and spits the chuck of gore back on the ground as he drops the body. "You can come out Ach'er.....I sent you friends away." as the Yuzzem giant starts towards the ship.

djas_puhr
8 November 2005, 07:05 AM
Ach’er hears his roommate’s voice and looks out the boarding ramp. His head appears above a crate that was previously blasted by numerous blaster bolts and minor flames are still burning from the blaster impacts.

[Ach’er] What took you so long! I nearly got killed trying to fight these guys off. Now I how many times have you saved my hide?

Ach’er starts to head down the ramp and sees his 2.5 meter tall friend. Smoke is coming up off of his E-web and the remains of the thugs and the Quarren are strewn about. Ach’er shakes his head as he walks past the corpses littering the docking bay. He turns around and shouts back to the freighter.

[Ach’er] Custer, Lyn and Tebbo! There is someone I’d like you to meet. This here is Torg my roommate. Well looks like were out of here with one extra passenger. Tebbo, fire up these engines once I’ve deactivated the lockout and get us off this moon.

Ach’er reaches over to the Quarrens body and finds a remote he wipes of some blood and finds the command to reactivate the ship. He quickly presses the button and the ship roars back to life. He turns and hollers back at Torg.

[Ach’er] Well Torg, looks like were off. You’re more then welcome to tag along. I think we could take some of our old blaster rifles and refurbished power packs back to Ragna III. As always it’s up to you, right now I’m working for Mardoc the Hutt trying to figure what happened with his three Bacta transports carrying about one billion liters each. It’ll pay well, but I have a really bad feeling about this one. Worse then that time we were on Lok a year or so ago.

Ach’er waits for Torg to respond and hears Tebbo start cursing in Duros repeatedly. Ach’er chuckles to himself as he only can imagine what Tebbo is starting to go off. Lyn peaks her head down from the lower cargo bay and yells at Ach’er.

[Lyn] HEY! You guys going to chat it up down there or are ya going to get on this rust bucket and try and survive Tebbo’s piloting.

Tebbo overhears Lyn’s comment of his piloting skills and starts to curse even faster and more intense with broken bits of basic tossed in there as well.

[Ach’er] Sure is a lively bunch, I hope you’re ready for this old friend.

max ordo
8 November 2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Ach’er hears his roommate’s voice and looks out the boarding ramp. His head appears above a crate that was previously blasted by numerous blaster bolts and minor flames are still burning from the blaster impacts.

[Ach’er] What took you so long! I nearly got killed trying to fight these guys off. Now I how many times have you saved my hide?

Ach’er starts to head down the ramp and sees his 2.5 meter tall friend. Smoke is coming up off of his E-web and the remains of the thugs and the Quarren are strewn about. Ach’er shakes his head as he walks past the corpses littering the docking bay. He turns around and shouts back to the freighter.

[Ach’er] Custer, Lyn and Tebbo! There is someone I’d like you to meet. This here is Torg my roommate. Well looks like were out of here with one extra passenger. Tebbo, fire up these engines once I’ve deactivated the lockout and get us off this moon.

Ach’er reaches over to the Quarrens body and finds a remote he wipes of some blood and finds the command to reactivate the ship. He quickly presses the button and the ship roars back to life. He turns and hollers back at Torg.

[Ach’er] Well Torg, looks like were off. You’re more then welcome to tag along. I think we could take some of our old blaster rifles and refurbished power packs back to Ragna III. As always it’s up to you, right now I’m working for Mardoc the Hutt trying to figure what happened with his three Bacta transports carrying about one billion liters each. It’ll pay well, but I have a really bad feeling about this one. Worse then that time we were on Lok a year or so ago.

Ach’er waits for Torg to respond and hears Tebbo start cursing in Duros repeatedly. Ach’er chuckles to himself as he only can imagine what Tebbo is starting to go off. Lyn peaks her head down from the lower cargo bay and yells at Ach’er.

[Lyn] HEY! You guys going to chat it up down there or are ya going to get on this rust bucket and try and survive Tebbo’s piloting.

Tebbo overhears Lyn’s comment of his piloting skills and starts to curse even faster and more intense with broken bits of basic tossed in there as well.

[Ach’er] Sure is a lively bunch, I hope you’re ready for this old friend.

Looking down at his human friend Torg flashes a toothy grin "I suppose someone needs to keep your hide intact Ach'er. So I'll accompany you once again even though its against my better judgenment. I've told you about Hutts but you never seem to learn" then the gives a growling chuckle and slaps Ach'er on the back "But you do always find the more interesting situations to get mixed up in." Catching a glimpse of the Twi'Lekk peaking out from the ship he turns an eye to Ach'er and says in a low voice "So you finally got a new girlfriend huh?" with that he gives the quarren's body a final kick and motions Ach'er forward "This is your show so I'll follow you buddy'

boccelounge
11 November 2005, 06:35 PM
After the exchange of blaster fire, Custer pokes his head out of the ship's entryway. Blaster pistols in hand, he surveys the scene of carnage.

He stares, speechless and mouth agape, at the E-Web-toting, blood-drenched giant in front of him...


Originally posted by djas_puhr
[Ach’er] Custer, Lyn and Tebbo! There is someone I’d like you to meet. This here is Torg my roommate. Well looks like were out of here with one extra passenger. Tebbo, fire up these engines once I’ve deactivated the lockout and get us off this moon.

Custer stares, speechless and mouth agape, at the E-Web-toting, blood-drenched giant in front of him...

max ordo
11 November 2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by boccelounge
After the exchange of blaster fire, Custer pokes his head out of the ship's entryway. Blaster pistols in hand, he surveys the scene of carnage.

He stares, speechless and mouth agape, at the E-Web-toting, blood-drenched giant in front of him...



Custer stares, speechless and mouth agape, at the E-Web-toting, blood-drenched giant in front of him...

Seeing the dusty haired human peeking out from the ships entryway staring Torg gives a toothy grin, exposing his large front tusks and sharp teeth "Rancor got your tongue boy? Its ok to introduce yourself, I'm Torg, a friend of Ach'er's and I suppose we'll be working together. And you are?" as he starts towards the shp, massive clawed hands extended in greeting.

boccelounge
11 November 2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by max ordo
Torg gives a toothy grin, exposing his large front tusks and sharp teeth "Rancor got your tongue boy? Its ok to introduce yourself, I'm Torg, a friend of Ach'er's and I suppose we'll be working together. And you are?" as he starts towards the shp, massive clawed hands extended in greeting.

It takes a while for Custer to respond.

Then slowly, as if in a daze, he extends his hand to return the greeting-- forgetting his pistol is still in hand. Torg shakes the gun, and Custer seems not to notice.
CUSTER: Howdy.

djas_puhr
15 November 2005, 11:07 AM
Ach'er stands near his friend and laughs out loud and slaps Custer on the back. He chuckles as he starts to say something to Custer.

[Ach’er] Be glad he’s on our side. Thought a mad Wookiee was a site to see you should ol' Torg here when he starts to fume. Man that is some site. Well Custer, ready to get back on board and get strapped in for a quick ride?

Ach’er turns his head and looks at the cockpit glass window and shouts at it attempting to get Tebbos attention.

[Ach’er] Tebbo! The ride ready yet? We might have more company but I have no intention of sticking around to find out!

Tebbo glares down at Ach’er and yells back in Huttese.

[Tebbo] Tahja kahnkee skocha, boo-chee! Mo killee ma klounkee!
You're headed for a burnout, pa!! It will be the end of you!!

Ach’er raises an eyebrow at the veiled threat and continues on with his discussion and adds Lyn to the conversation.

[Ach’er] Right. Lyn go up to the cockpit and see if you can cool Tebbos boosters. Custer, give our new friend here a hand and carry his stuff, if you can...

Ach’er trails off and laughs to himself knowing that Torg can handle all the gear he is carrying. He starts to head back up the ramp when finally he turns around and yells at the both of them standing on the docking bay floor.

[Ach'er] We'll don't just stand there! You look like a cadet review!

Ach'er laughs and heads back up the ramp and gets into the nearest turbolift taking him up to the main deck.

max ordo
16 November 2005, 04:57 PM
[Ach'er] We'll don't just stand there! You look like a cadet review!

[Torg] I'll remember that midget. Remember who is helping who here.

Saying that with a grin to Ach'er the Yuzzem then looks at the human, Custer,

[Torg] Let's get moving little man, Ach'er is like a female when you keep him waiting. After you.


With a friendly slap on the back Torg secures the E-Web in its sling on his back and covers it all with his cloak and waits for Custer to lead the way.

djas_puhr
30 November 2005, 11:00 AM
Ach’er turns and walk into the cockpit and looks out the window. Down below in the docking bay he sees Torg and Custer start heading into the freighter. About time that they get on board. Ach’er turns and takes a seat behind the Tebbo and starts messing around on the computer disabling the remote operator’s code in the main computer and rewriting it to work only via his commands. Always wanted my own freighter; guess now is a good of time as any to own one. Ach’er reaches over and keys the internal speakers and clears his throat.

[Ach’er] Glad that both of you decided to join this little expedition. As far as I know Jolix was heading to Tatooine. The operator of this vessel was heading to Anchorhead, on Tatooine. My guess is to meet up with Jolix. Tebbo will be lifting off of here shortly so strap in for a bumpy ride.

Ach’er keys the intercom off and turns to Tebbo and nods his head once. Ach’er moves to the co-pilot seat and sits down and begins to help with the preflight checks and hits the button to close the main ramp.

[Ach’er] Okay Tebbo, were ready on my end. Get us off this moon and clear of the gravity well and plot a speed course to Tatooine. We’ve got a loose end to catch up with.

Exterior Docking Bay 063

Starships are taking off and landing at Nar Shaddaa’s main spaceport. Old and new freighters wait there turn to land at a clear docking bay. Docking bay control contacts a few of the waiting freighters

The Dusty Dawn powers up her repulsors engines and begins to lift off from Docking Bay 063. Ach’er contacts Docking Bay Control and asks for permission to clear Docking Bay 063 and proceed to a safe hyperspace jump point. Docking Bay Control clears the Dusty Dawn for departure and gives them a vector to clear the traffic around the main spaceport. The Dusty Dawn clears the bay gently turns forty-five degrees to port and angles up fifteen degrees as the main engines engage and propels the freighter away from the docking bay. Tebbo gently flies the corridor prepared by Control and takes the freighter out to high orbit and begins to calculate the jump to hyperspeed.

Tebbo continues to make minor course corrections and begins to calculate the fastest route to Tatooine, adjusting a few degrees here and there to set the ship for the jump. After a few minutes of number crunching Tebbo plots in the heading into the Nav Computer and readies for hyperspace. He turns to Ach’er sitting next to him and speaks.

[Tebbo] Well I shaved off as much time as I can, now its up to this rust bucket to get us there.

Tebbo keys the intercom and speaks into it.

[Tebbo] Alright, I’m not sure how well this freighter will hold together, but I’m going to make the jump to hyperspace. Hold on.

Tebbo cuts the intercom and begins to move the leaver forward to bring the ship up to max sublight speed. Ach’er reaches the hyperspace actuator and moves it once the correct velocity is obtained.

Streaks of light from the stars begin moving around the cockpit as the Dusty Dawn accelerates past light speed. In moments the streaks of light change into the familiar blue tunnel of Hyperspace.


-----
OOC

You all can RP freely now that we are in Hyperspace.

Uron Teff
3 December 2005, 03:38 AM
As she feels the freighter shaking as it enters the hyperspace Lyn opens her safty belt and stands up. After exiting the engine room and using the lift she stands infront of the cockpit. A slight shiver runs through her lekkus as her hand moves towards the door control panel. Wait. How do I know that I can trust those guys? I think I should test them. She rests her finger on the 'open'-button an instant and then pushes it.
As the door slides left the cockpit with its three user lies in front of her. Steping inside it her first view falls upon the huge Yuzzem in the middle of the cockpit. Scaning the rest of the room her view lasts on the behind Tebbo standing Ach'er.
Lyn moves with slow and elegant steps next to Ach'er. Touching his head gently her fingers run to his hair.

[Lyn] Hey, handsome! When are we going to arrive on Tatooine?

She leans nearer to Ach'er as a voice is sudible from a point below.

[Tebbo] Na... we'll arive there soon. Lets say---
[Lyn] Shut up, you noseless Rantak! I wasn't talking to you, Nappo!
[Tebbo] Tebbo! Na... nevermind... you...

The rest of Tebbos sentence is only a mumbling and susuration.

[Lyn] Now where were we, honey?

Her arms move around Ach'ers neck to hug him....

boccelounge
5 December 2005, 12:59 PM
Custer walks in, wiping traces of engine grease from his hands on an old rag. He's taken off his dusty blue-wool coat, but his twin blasters remain holstered at his sides. His wide-brimmed hat is pushed far back on his head. He announces, to no one in particular:
CUSTER: Well, ever'thing seems to check out A-OK. This old bucket's got some good years left in 'er, I do declare.

Steering clear of both the large Yuzzem and the lascivious Twi'lek, Custer sidles over to Ach'er. He talks congenially, but with a serious intent.
CUSTER: Okay there, boss. Nar Shadda's behind us; let's you an' me talk a spell on what comes next.

You say the Walrus was headin' fer Tatooine... so I'm a-wonderin' what kinda reception we best be ready for when we git there?

And, on a related topic, we might better settle all the 'compensation' issues here too... if you take my meaning. I'd like to get the skinny on who's footing all the expenses 'round here, and what kinda shares we're all looking at...
He pauses for a moment, then adds with a reassuring grin:
CUSTER: You ain't given me no reason ta worry about that, ya understand; I jus' like to get it all squared up sooner than later.

djas_puhr
12 December 2005, 07:33 AM
[Lyn] Hey, handsome! When are we going to arrive on Tatooine?

[Tebbo] Na... we'll arive there soon. Lets say---
[Lyn] Shut up, you noseless Rantak! I wasn't talking to you, Nappo!
[Tebbo] Tebbo! Na... nevermind... you...

The rest of Tebbos sentence is only a mumbling and susuration.

[Lyn] Now where were we, honey?

Ach’er smiles smugly at Lyn’s exchange with Tebbo and hears the cockpit door slide open and walking in wiping traces of grease and oil from his hands onto an old rag.


CUSTER: Well, ever'thing seems to check out A-OK. This old bucket's got some good years left in 'er, I do declare.

Ach’er glances down at the Navacomputer and does a little math in his head and comes up with an answer for Lyn.

[Ach’er] Well dear, we should be landing on Tatooine in little over forty-eight hours from now. As for this freighter, I think Custer’s right.


CUSTER: Okay there, boss. Nar Shadda's behind us; let's you an' me talk a spell on what comes next.

You say the Walrus was headin' fer Tatooine... so I'm a-wonderin' what kinda reception we best be ready for when we git there?

And, on a related topic, we might better settle all the 'compensation' issues here too... if you take my meaning. I'd like to get the skinny on who's footing all the expenses 'round here, and what kinda shares we're all looking at...

Ach’er nods his head as Custer brings up the topic of payment. What did Mardoc say about payment? Not to sure about it but I think the usual payment plan is order for this. Ach’er looks at the rest of the group and noting that Torg is present Ach’er tells the truth.


CUSTER: You ain't given me no reason ta worry about that, ya understand; I jus' like to get it all squared up sooner than later.

[Ach’er] Well if this is like any other job for Mardoc, it’ll be one K credits plus expenses. Not to sure, but I’d have to call him once we arrive on Tatooine to make sure. How does that fancy y’all?

max ordo
12 December 2005, 09:33 AM
Torg stands idly while the Twi'Lek and the greasy human both approach and speak with Ach'er and doesn't fail to notice the wide berth he is given (considering the space available) I wonder why Ach'er ha sthe Twi hanging all over him if he still is with whats her name. I won't ever completely understand humans I think he thinks as the little scene unfold. "Ach're... I am going to stow my things and find the lounge on the rust heap. There is not enough room in here to be comfortable." Torg says in his rumbling voice. After Ach'ers response (if any) he turns to leave and find what passes for quarters and a lounge area intent of possibly finding something to eat. He is always hungry after killing, especially when he just uses his bare hands to do it.

Uron Teff
12 December 2005, 11:16 AM
[Ach’er] Well dear, we should be landing on Tatooine in little over forty-eight hours from now. As for this freighter, I think Custer’s right.

[Lyn] Well, not that I'd like to arrive earlier...

Standing right next to Ach'er Lyn listens to him answering the question about the payment of this whole trip.

[Ach’er] Well if this is like any other job for Mardoc, it’ll be one K credits plus expenses. Not to sure, but I’d have to call him once we arrive on Tatooine to make sure. How does that fancy y’all?
Hm, 1000 credits. This is barely enough to cover my expenditures. Let's see...Plus extra expense...
Suddenly the huge Yuzzum turns around, mumbles something about food and comfort, and leaves the cockpit. I guess that was an answer. she thinks smiling to herself.

[Lyn] Well, anyway... One K. That is not close enough as I usually take for my services. But what is in the term expenses included? And furthermore I would say that we can sell this piece of junk we're flying around at the moment if we're done.

djas_puhr
3 January 2006, 11:14 AM
[Torg] Ach're... I am going to stow my things and find the lounge on the rust heap. There is not enough room in here to be comfortable."

Well Corellian Engineering Corporation sure didn’t have your species in mind when they built her. Guess I have to find a ship that will fight all of us more comfortably.

[Ach’er] Alright Torg, I’ll see what I can do about getting a more comfortable ride in the future.


[Lyn] Well, anyway... One K. That is not close enough as I usually take for my services. But what is in the term expenses included? And furthermore I would say that we can sell this piece of junk we're flying around at the moment if we're done.

Well she does bring up a good point about the pay. Always did think Mardoc was stingy on the credits. Also I’m pretty sure this vessel is tagged stolen property now, not to sure if I have enough to have the registration changed and transponder code changed as well. Wonder how much this is worth anyways. Ach’er nods silently in agreement to Lyn and tries to figure out the best thing to say.

[Ach’er] Well Lyn, Mardoc is your typical Hutt and is stingy on the credits. However, I’ll see if I can grease some of the wheels to get more credits our way. As for ditching this freighter after touching down on Tatooine I’ll have to think about it. Mind you this is are only mod of transportation right now and I’m not to sure how much life is still in her. I mean CEC doesn’t produce this model any more and the YT line is much newer then this line of vessels. Even trying to sell this for credits might pose a problem. This is stolen and most likely tagged stolen by every port authority in the galaxy. Granted there are a few dealers on Tatooine that deal in stolen goods, only thing is I don’t know were I would start looking for them.

Ach’er turns to Custer and begins to speak.

[Ach’er] Well make yourself at home on this freighter. I suppose you could try and finish up one or both your blasters while we are still in hyperspace. Not to sure what the welcoming committee is going to be like.

[Ach’er] Tebbo, since we’ve got plenty of time on our hands how about showing me a thing or to about piloting. An extra hand might be necessary in our future.

Tebbo silently nods and faces back to the front and begins to manipulate some of the controls regulating the power grid adjust minute amounts of energy from the weapons array and shunting power to the structural integrity field and the shields.

[Ach’er] Oh and Lyn, ‘expenses’ is left up to you to determine what they are. Usually I charge Mardoc room & board, travel and food and what ever gear I need to purchase to complete my task. So I’ll leave it up to your imagination. Oh, he does ask for receipts.

djas_puhr
5 January 2006, 10:10 AM
Exterior Tatooine - Mos Eisley

Outside the The Sleeping Wook a minor dust storm swirls around the outskirts of Mos Eisley. Local ambient temperature is a brisk 48.9 degrees centigrade in the shade. Most people dart quickly in and out of the shade attempting to stay rather cool on a somewhat cool day for Tatooine. A few people head over to a newly opened cantina on the west side of town.

Interior - The Sleeping Wook

Oora Nanca sat inside the cantina called The Sleeping Wook and sipped her drink slowly, observing the patrons around her. Outside a sandstorm raged, and no one would dare to be caught outside. She touched her belt making sure that she had all of her weapons with her, including those hidden in the shadow of the booth. She checked her credi chip, and saw that she was low on funds. I gotta get some work around here, even if it is fixing old speeders or something. I'm starting to run low on creds, and one day I won't have them when I really need them. It's too bad no one can use my real skills. She continues to watch the bar, looking for any signs of trouble that might come her way.

Out of the corner of her eye two nicely dressed humanoids walk into the shady cantina. Both of the new patrons stop in the middle of the entry way and start to scan over the rest of the patrons. The one on the left silently motions with his head to his companion and starts to head off to the back office. Moments later an Aqualish male rather upset walks in and follows after the pair of humanoids to the back of the cantina. Loud voices can be heard through the door that closes behind the three. After a two minutes of heated exchanges a two blaster retorts are heard coming from the backroom. A few seconds later the Aqualish male enters yells at the bar keep and motions to the backroom. The two neatly dressed humanoids are carried out with a five centimeter blaster crater in the remains of their chests.

Before the Aqualish ducks back into his office he scans over the crowd in the cantina and muters something to the nearest bodyguard and heads back and secures the door.

Uron Teff
5 January 2006, 10:24 AM
[Lyn] Well, lets think about it for a while. I'd say we keep the ship till we can find a better. Hell knows where we have to travel in the end. Maybe Tatooine isn't the last Planet of our journey, sweet boy?

Within this sentence she walks towards the door and only turns to adress the last few words at Ach'er.


[Ach’er] Oh and Lyn, ‘expenses’ is left up to you to determine what they are. Usually I charge Mardoc room & board, travel and food and what ever gear I need to purchase to complete my task. So I’ll leave it up to your imagination. Oh, he does ask for receipts.

Would he be a Hutt if he didn't ask for bills? I guess not... Not leaving the room Lyn stays for few more seconds. Maybe we shouldn't travel with a stolen ship. Maybe we only need to...

[Lyn] What reminds me. Maybe we should exchange the ship's ID. Has anyone experience with forging IDs? I mean, I do have some experisnce but maybe some of you is more skilled in those techniques than I am.

With a smile what would have broken stones into silicics she looks at Ach'er. Maybe this time...

[Lyn] I'm in my quarter, all alone... just to let you know.

With a wink of her left eye at Ach'er she turns and steps out of the door what instantly shuts after her.

------------------
OOC: You said we have two days till we reach Tatooine, is that right djas? If yes... maybe we could forge our and the ships IDs... just a thought. ;)
And maybe Ach'er likes the idea... and maybe he follows Lyn... :P

boccelounge
5 January 2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
With a smile what would have broken stones into silicics [Lyn] looks at Ach'er.

"I'm in my quarter, all alone... just to let you know."

With a wink of her left eye at Ach'er she turns and steps out of the door what instantly shuts after her.

Standing next to Ach'er, Custer watches Lyn's exit. Pushing his hat way back, he scratches his head and emits a long, keening whistle.
CUSTER: Hoo-wee! That's one filly that's hot-to-trot, I do declare! I reckon somebody ought to get her saddled down 'afore she gets too wild to tame!
Seeing the reaction this gets from Ach'er [OOC: whatever reaction it is ;) ], Custer looks sheepish and starts to make a quick exit.
CUSTER: Well, uh, shucks... I guess I better see to these here pistolas. I'll be back in engineerin', workin' on my guns, if anyone needs me...
He leaves.

--------------------

OOC: Please, gentle friends, please excuse the lame lame lame cowboy sexual innuendo. Having a stomach flu and watching cowboy movies for 14-15 hours does things to your mind... ;) :rolleyes:

max ordo
10 January 2006, 04:57 AM
[Ach’er] Alright Torg, I’ll see what I can do about getting a more comfortable ride in the future.

The Yuzzem grumbles to himself "You are ok for now Ach'er since I was a last minute addition. The next ship you procure needs more head room or at least a heated cargobay."

djas_puhr
10 January 2006, 08:43 AM
[Lyn] What reminds me. Maybe we should exchange the ship's ID. Has anyone experience with forging IDs? I mean, I do have some experisnce but maybe some of you is more skilled in those techniques than I am.

Ach’er mulls over what Lyn is saying and knows that she’s right and that as soon as they exit hyperspace that their ID is going to say stolen.

[Ach’er] Tebbo, bring up the electronic schematics for this freighter. Find the control panel that will allow use to change our transponder code and let me know when you do.


[Lyn] I'm in my quarter, all alone... just to let you know.

Did she just wink at me? Ach’er shakes his head to clear out the clutter and random thoughts that are popping up in it.


CUSTER: Hoo-wee! That's one filly that's hot-to-trot, I do declare! I reckon somebody ought to get her saddled down 'afore she gets too wild to tame!

Ach’er still has a dumbfound look upon his face from the comment from Lyn. Slowly his mind registers what Custer said and he turns and faces him give him a glare. Custer, I aught to kill you for that comment.


CUSTER: Well, uh, shucks... I guess I better see to these here pistolas. I'll be back in engineerin', workin' on my guns, if anyone needs me...

Ach’er just nods as Custer heads back to the engineering bay to work on his blasters. Well other then Lyn acting up and trying to get me to follow her like some lost Lok. Ach’er huffs at that thought and turns towards Tebbo.

[Ach’er] Well buddy, find the schematics yet?

Ach’er barley hears Torg on his way out grumbling about being okay for now and something to the effect of needing a better freighter.

[Ach’er] Tebbo, ya find it yet?

Tebbo turns and looks at the human in a disgruntle look towards the humans repetitive questions and snaps of a rapid series of grips and obstinacies in Duros. Then after he’s finished with his outburst in near perfect Basic he speaks.

[Tebbo] Here are the schematics you wanted. Not to sure how we are going to manage changing the code with out reverting back to realspace and doing it manually at the beacon.

Ach’er looks at Tebbo and nods in agreement and punches up the hyperspace chart and looks for some place to set down before they reach Tatooine.

Uron Teff
13 January 2006, 03:09 PM
After leaving the cockpit Lyn walks through the interior of the Dusty Dawn searching for a adequate place for her meditation. Haven't done this in a while. Maybe I should focus on what I've learned with Rrromov.
The time she spent on Togoria comes to life again. All the work she made. All the hunting and the training she went through on the steppe of Togorias biggest continent. With days as hot as a night on the planet Venius of the Integra system and with nights as cold as the neverending nights on Trachis III she and her Master hunted everything eatable on the steppe.
As Rrromov found here amoung other so called Mercenaries on Ryl he convinced her to join him on a trip to change her life. This trip included a visit on Marcaeis and long term studies of what Rrromov called the Clout or the Force. This long term studies based on something her Master learned more than an age ago.
Though his teachings built upon the total connection of all life and its surroundings Lyn discovered early that the Force wasn't only succor and aid to the lifing but a means to an end to fullfill certain task she wouldn't be able without the Force. Within her the eagerness of improvement took place and atop of this the jealousy of her Master capabilities. Soon enough this jealousy developed into something called anger. Anger of not being better than her Master. Anger of being still his apprentice and not being approved as full grown. Anger of still being a child in the eyes of her Master.
With the anger boiling inside her more and more tasks fell easier to her than before. But the more she projected her anger onto other things the more she hated her Master and the bigger her longing for freedom grew.
Freedom... I think I need a room to rest.
With this thought her attention snaps back to the current situation and the current surroundings. Facing one of the Dusty Dawn's cabines she pushes the door panel to open it and enters the room. After checking the whole environment and the remaining shelves and closets Lyn sits down in the middle of the room.
Within seconds she falls into a meditation trance....

-------------------------
OOC: Well I'm Searching this whole room. And then Lyn just tries to meditate. I'll post more soon. :D

Uron Teff
30 January 2006, 09:48 AM
As she closed her eyes she sensed a sudden focus on the surrounding environment within the room and within the ship. Sense of life forms breathing and bothering their minds. With the comprehension of the surroundings struck the concious part of her remembers once again the life on Togoria - understood the last lessons of her teachings. Now I do understand what you meant Master Rrromov as you said...

[Rrromov] Lyn, lisssten to me. There isss only one way to underssstand the true meaning of the powersss lying within you.
Only three tasssksss to massster till you hopefully underssstand the true meaning of the Force.

Sitting underneath a Spawbush-Tree her Master stood up and put his huge paw at his chest.

[Rrromov] At firssst you have to underssstand the power lying within yourssself. And you have to control thessse powersss at all meansss.

His hand moved from his breath down to the ground to pick up a stone. Within the movement of lifting the stone his hand pauses and the stone flied out of his hand and levitated in midd air.

[Rrromov] Asss nature changesss itssself you will be able to alter your surrounding only with the potency of your will. But you have to train hard to achive thisss goal. Only few of my studentsss mastered thisss ability.

After he had finished the sentence silence few upon the two and only the wild sound of the steppe was audible. Chirping birds and the roar of formidable land creatures fulfiled the silence between the two. Just as Lyn wanted to ask why he didn't continue her Master spoke up one final time.

[Rrromov] The lassst tasssk of your apprentice ssship will be to underssstand the true value of you sssurroundingsss. You can hear the birdsss sssinging and you will be able to lisssten to the sssound of grasssssrippersss. But to truely sssenssse the life within thisss universsse you have to learn and underssstand the true value of every life.

Finally she understood what her Master wanted to tell her. With the sense of the surrounding world she continued her meditation trance...

-----------------------
OOC: Everything written in italics is as usual either thoughts or memories.

djas_puhr
7 February 2006, 09:05 AM
Ach’er sits down after searching the nav-computer attempting to find a better place that would suit them to repair and alter the transponder code for the ship. Well looking at the flight plan Tebbo put into the Nav-Computer, I say we better drop out of hyperspace around the Kothlis system.

[Ach’er] Tebbo, what’s the chance of us passing close enough to revert to realspace near the Kothlis system to fix the transponder.

Tebbo punches in the coordinates for the Kothlis system and overlays the hyper-route for the Dusty Dawn. After a few seconds of computations Tebbo leans over and looks at the chronometer in the cockpit.

[Tebbo] Well I say it’s possible. However, we would need to revert quickly and make a minor course correction. Were exactly do you want to revert to in that system.

[Ach’er] Mar’tra II, it’s a frozen planet that’s terrestrial. Out of the way and on the edge of the system. Should give us plenty of time to repair the transponder and get ready for Jolix.

Tebbo nods and cuts out the hyperdrive engine and gets a quick fix were they are and punches in the revised coordinates for the Kothlis System. Namely Mar’tra II on the edge of the system. Ach’er adjusts the trajectory of the transport by using the sublight engines to maneuver. Taking his time he brings around the Dusty Dawn and points in the general direction for the jump.

[Tebbo] Good job, now lets see if this bucket of bolts can handle a deep space jump.

Ach’er begins to count down the jump as the ship aligns its self properly for the jump as Tebbo finishes inputting the rest of the coordinates. Ach’er reachs for the hyperdrive motivator and engage the engines. The stars begin to streak as the Dusty Dawn makes the jump to hyperspace. The swirl of blue and white surrounds the Dusty Dawn as it safely reaches hyperspace and begins the transit to Mar’tra II.

djas_puhr
7 February 2006, 09:08 AM
Interior – The Sleeping Wook Back Office

Jolix enters the back office and slowly eyes everyone in the back office getting a feel for the new hired hands. He is still fuming over the loss of the Cantina on Nar Shaddaa from the police raid and the reports that his business just lost a freighter to an unknown group of mercenaries. Slowly he walks back to main consol and begins to open a transmission to the man who hired him to destroy the three bacta freighters. He pauses for a moment after he finishes recording his message and reaches for his comlink and orders extra guards to his transport and to the cantina.

Interior – The Sleeping Wook

Grav Lannen walks in from the dry, stifling heat from the twin Tatooine suns. Slowly he enters the Sleeping Wook and finds a seat in the bustling cantina. Grav finds a place out of the way and yet offers a good view to the rest of the cantina and settles in.

Five minutes after the Aqualish male enters the backroom four Gamorrean males appear and stand at the entrance with their vibroaxes in their hands. Two Trandoshans enter from the main entrance with their light repeater weapons in hand and take up position near the main entrance.

Exterior – Tatooine Docking Bay

Four Gamorrean guards approach the docking bay were Jolix landed his personal transport and begin to secure the area. Two Rodians also pick out good sniping positions with their rifles pointed at the only entrance to the docking bay. A single Trandoshan reaches down and speaks into his comlink confirming that the docking bay is secure.

Stormrider
15 February 2006, 05:33 PM
Lannen leaned back into the booth..the blaster scarred half of his face concealed within the meagre shadows of the cantina. Dark hazel eyes were closed....until a loud and obnoxious waitress came to get Grav's order.


[Waitress] What'll ya have sweetie? Corellian Brandy is the best on Tatooine or maybe.if you can afford the damn price..a real bottle of water? Perhaps a hard cider?


[Grav] Nothing.

[Waitress] Aw come on surely you want something to wet your throat or fill your belly? We've got a nice

But before she could finish..


The man shifted slightly..allowing her to see the hellish scar...a massive blaster burn that blotted out half of the right side of the mans face...the scar was a deep black. Hazel eyes devoid of emotion stared at the woman..

Taking several steps back..the waitress would turn and walk away towards the kitchen trying to get away from the horrible man. She likely wouldn't talk about him it was bad for buisiness.




Grav took no pleasure in scaring her he had done what was needed. As he always did..


This was Grav Lannen..a creature of logic and reason..emotion was a vice that one indulged in, .it could get you killed or worse. The man was an assassin..trained by Imperial Intelligence to be a hardened killer.




Five minutes after the Aqualish male enters the backroom four Gamorrean males appear and stand at the entrance with their vibroaxes in their hands. Two Trandoshans enter from the main entrance with their light repeater weapons in hand and take up position near the main entrance.


A tinge of suprise threatened to well up..but was quickly suppresed as the Ex-Imperial saw the six heavily armed beings out of habit he noted the weapons and positions.

Tatooine is know for its criminal element.....likely some kind of guard for a petty crime lord or other criminal.

While eyeing the thugs Lannen flicked open his cigerette case and withdrew one of the sticks of t'bac .lighting up he inhaled and exhaled..blowing smoke out in mid-sized puffs.

Mack Jace
4 March 2006, 12:06 PM
After listening to the exchange in the back room and later seeing the guards being posted at the entrance, Oora begins to wonder what is going on.[Oora]I wonder what's got everybody so jumped up? I guess I'm not going to be leaving any time soon, especially with those guards at the door. Oh well, it'll give me some more time to enjoy my drinks.
Again, she checks her pistols, makes sure they are loaded, and is satisfied. She goes back to enjoying her drink and keeping an eye on things.


OOC: Sorry this is so long in coming. RL and all.

djas_puhr
18 March 2006, 08:55 AM
Interior – Bridge of the Dusty Dawn

Ach’er sits in the cockpit going over the data that Tebbo had procured. Well I wonder how much time we have left till he revert from hyperspace. Ach’er looks down and the chronometer and sees only ten minutes remain till the revert. He swings around and sure he has all the tools necessary to change the transponder codes. Ach’er chose a similar freighter that he had served aboard before coming to Nar Shaddaa. Hopefully this freighter doesn’t suffer the same unknown fate.

[Ach’er] Tebbo, the gear is all ready for the transponder how soon can we expect anyone to notice our arrival in system?

Tebbo ponders over the question and then begins to speak.

[Tebbo] Well if they are actively looking for us and know we are coming then maybe five, ten minutes max. Though we did do a course correction and altered our jump path we should be fine. Plus, we’ll be reverting on the edge of the system, away from all sentient life forms that would be looking for us.

Ach’er nods and gets ready as the timer slowly ticks down to five minutes remaining. He again looks over the data for the fifth time since Tebbo handed it to him. Always going over the mundane details; that’s the only thing that’s saved my hide on more then one occasion now lets see here. Five minutes and change remaining till revert. Ach’er is sitting in the co-pilots chair as Tebbo begins the process for the revert. Finally the timer counts down to 0:00.00 and Ach’er pulls back on the hyperdrive levers. They exit cleanly into realspace and Tebbo begins to bring up the sublight engines. He targets the far side of Mar’ta II, away from the prying eyes of Kothlis.

Both begin to make minor course corrections as they begin to approach the planet. Ach’er continually uses the sensor equipment trying to detect anyone who might have spotted them. Tebbo reaches over to the main console and keys the ships intercom.

[Tebbo] Now strap your selves in. We’re about to pass through the atmosphere.

Ach’er secures himself and nods to Tebbo as he begins his decent into the upper atmosphere of Mar’ta II.

boccelounge
18 March 2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Tebbo reaches over to the main console and keys the ships intercom.

[Tebbo] Now strap your selves in. We’re about to pass through the atmosphere.

Ach’er secures himself and nods to Tebbo as he begins his decent into the upper atmosphere of Mar’ta II.

Hearing this, Custer looks up from the workbench he's been hunched over for the last few hours. He quickly reattaches the casing to his blaster pistol and secures his tools. A few seconds later, he hustles into the ship's cockpit, still wiping grease from his hands. He slumps into the nearest chair and straps himself in.
CUSTER: Hoo-wee, time sure does fly. Felt like I was in there workin' on these pistolas fer weeks... but I guess it were only a few minutes... Anyway, where're we going to? Them Nav-Charts there don't look like it's Tatooione we're headed fer anymore...

---------------

OOC: Second set of Repair Checks to Customize pistols.

[See HERE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=238415#post238415) and HERE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=238455#post238455) for notes on the previous check.]
1. First Pistol: (Repair +17) + (d20 +14) = 31

2. Second Pistol: (Repair +17) + (d20 +1) = 18

Link to dice rolls (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=390263)


EDIT: I used the wrong (old) Repair mod; now fixed.

Uron Teff
14 May 2006, 03:04 AM
As the ship entered the atmosphere Lyn snaped back to reality from her meditation due to the constant shaking of a ship penetrating the atmosphere of a planet. She arose from her sitting position, put on her utility belt and the wrist blade launcher and exited the cabine.
With fast paced steps she moved through the ship to the cock-pit with one eye on the electronic schematics of the freighter. A panel should be near to the cock-pit. Lucky me.
As she arrived at the panel she opened it without hesitation and started to work upon the identity coding of the ship. After quite a time working with the panel she activates her comlink to contact Ach'er.

[Lyn] Well I'm done with the ID-transponder codes although I cannot promiss that noone will notice that the code has been altered.


------------------------
OOC:
Forgery check (1d20+7=23) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=451533)

chiefcaptin
14 May 2006, 05:18 AM
TEEBO: We've almost breached the atmosphere.

Teebo is sweating. The extream heat of re entery burns upon him.

TEEBO: Sombody man the comms, the spaceport should be contacting us soon.

Teebo thinks back to the last time he made a reentry with a ship this size. They had a load of spice in the back. It was the last time he and Fusset talked as friends...

boccelounge
14 May 2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
TEEBO: We've almost breached the atmosphere... Sombody man the comms, the spaceport should be contacting us soon.

Custer grabs the nearby headset, and keys on the ship's local-band transceiver.
CUSTER: Got it, Teb.
Flipping through several frequency ranges, Custer attempts to contact the local spaceport control...
CUSTER: Come in, port control. This here's the freighter, um, Dusty Dawn, requestin' clearance to set down. Please come back.
----------

OOC: Did your character's name just change from "Tebbo," to "Teebo," or am I imagining things... ;)

djas_puhr
26 May 2006, 09:12 AM
Ach’er still concentrating as his eyes move over the short-range and long-range sensors. As of yet no one had notice a wayward transport exiting out of hyperspace far off the normal hyperspace lanes. He glances at the altitude and begins slowly counting out loud to Tebbo distance and time to the atmospheric interface.


TEBBO: We've almost breached the atmosphere.

Ach’er leans over and begins to adjust the heat shields and continually makes minor adjustments to keep the shield up as the decent begins. Ach’er glances casually over to Tebbo and cracks a half smile.

[Ach’er] This is going to get fun in a second.


TEEBO: We've almost breached the atmosphere. Somebody man the comms, the spaceport should be contacting us soon.


CUSTER: Got it, Teb.

Custer begins flipping through several frequency ranges; he attempts to contact the local spaceport control. Thinking he found a local channel he keys the comms and begins to transmit.


CUSTER: Come in, port control. This here's the freighter, um, Dusty Dawn, requestin' clearance to set down. Please come back.

Ach’er wheels around to the nearest data port and pulls up the data on Mar’ta II. Just as he suspected Mar’ta II is completely uninhabited and completely desolate. He checks the power on the communications and runs a few numbers in his head as he quickly calculates the odds of being detected on the far side of the planet away from the nearest planet capable of responding to their hails.

[Ach’er] Custer, I don’t think you’ll be getting a response from the surface. All you’ll find on that there ice ball is snow, snow and more snow. If you check this (http://www.nav-computer.com/kothlissys.html) data dump I got before we jumped. I checked the chart and the nearest habitable planet is Kothlis, and that my friends is far from here. As far as I’m concerned any local Port Control won’t be contacting us.

Ach’er glances down and continues his number crunching in his head. Ach’er continues to adjust the shields as the freighter begins to finalize its decent to the surface. As the freighter begins its final approach Ach’er flicks on the repulsor field and begins to slightly adjust the field intensity to compensate for the lack of forward momentum. As the ship slows to a halt at ten meters from the surface Ach’er and Tebbo begin to work on bringing down the ship softly. As the ship finally touches down Ach’er punches up the intercom and clears his throat.

[Ach’er] Lyn, you’ve got less then two hours to get the codes changed and ready for lift off. I don’t want to be stuck on this ice ball once it hits nighttime.

Ach’er sets his chrono to count down mode at two hours, he starts as soon as he is finished talking with Lyn and watching the day-night interface line move to its designated time spot. As Lyn begins to work on the transponder code Ach’er heads back to the engine compartment and goes over the repulsor field generators making sure that the landing didn’t reduce their effectiveness. Satisfied with the repair readings of both the main reactor and auxiliary power supply he heads back up to talk with Custer and Tebbo.

[Ach’er] Once Lyn is done we can launch and then make best possible speed to Tatooine. Nightfall is about thirty minutes away now and we’re cutting awfully close. Custer, give Tebbo a hand with the prep work for launch. Once I give the go ahead blast off this ice ball. I’m heading back to help Lyn.

As Ach’er starts to head back his comlink begins to chirp. Quickly he grabs the comlink and speaks clearly.

[Ach’er] Go ahead Lyn.


[Lyn] Well I’m done with the ID-transponder codes although I cannot promises that none will notice that the code has been altered.

Ach’er makes his way back up to the cockpit in time to see Tebbo and Custer finalizing the preflight checks and warming up the repulsor fields. Ach’er looks at the planetary display seeing the day-night interface line slowly approaching their ship. About fifteen minutes till that line over takes us. Nervously he turns and looks at the two of them and speaks clearly.

[Ach’er] Okay, get this bucket of bolts off the deck and into space. We’ve got fifteen minutes before we are in total darkness and possibly stuck on the ground for good. Launch and head due west away from the interface line as you make altitude.

Tebbo nods and begins to fire up the main engines as Custer activates the repulsor fields to maximum intensity. All the sudden the main alarm in the cockpit goes off blaring nearly deafening all who are in the cockpit. Ach’er looks over at his display and notices something terribly wrong.

[Ach’er] Lyn, meet me in main engineering. We have a major problem that we need to fix NOW!

Ach’er double times it from the cockpit to main engineering dodging in between the cargo on his way back. He grabs a small satchel and waits for Lyn. Lyn makes it to him and he begins to tell her the problem that they are facing.

[Ach’er] Here’s the problem, the landing struts are frozen to the ground and even at max repulsor we can’t brake free. I’ve got four sonic charges with me and we’re going to help break this bucket of bolts free. First we need to adjust the field coils so they won’t set off the grenades I have once the coils are adjusted I’ll head to the main ramp and you’ll take the cargo lift. We’re going to have to set the delay timer to maximum to make sure we’re clear and that the ship is ready for emergency liftoff. We’ll only have one chance at making this so I hope you’re aim is good. Ready?

Uron Teff
26 May 2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
[Ach’er] Here’s the problem, the landing struts are frozen to the ground and even at max repulsor we can’t brake free. I’ve got four sonic charges with me and we’re going to help break this bucket of bolts free. First we need to adjust the field coils so they won’t set off the grenades I have once the coils are adjusted I’ll head to the main ramp and you’ll take the cargo lift. We’re going to have to set the delay timer to maximum to make sure we’re clear and that the ship is ready for emergency liftoff. We’ll only have one chance at making this so I hope you’re aim is good. Ready?

Lyn's face turned from a broad smile, from her expectations in what will come next, into a raised eyebrow and a demure expression around her mouth.

[Lyn] You want me to get out there?

Staring eyes fixed Ach'er as she paused after this rethorical question.

[Lyn] What temperature do you think is out there? 230K?

Surely she never expected an answer on this second question and so she continued with her hands resting at sides of her hips.

[Lyn] Look at me! Do I look like a arctic explorer from Nimba VII? I don't think so.

Lyn instantly turned around away from Ach'er. For one part of herself there was no discussion whether she would go or not. It is cold out there. I won't help him. There is still Custor - or whatever his name was - and this noseless jerk onboard who could help him. More and more negative thoughts boiled up in her the more seconds passed. And he has rejected me several times... with this though her mental aggression towards Ach'er vanished almost instantly and almost entirely. But he's still a nice guy. A very handsome, nice guy. And he needs my help. I guess the other two have other duties - such as preparing the ship for the quic take off.
With her most charming smile she turned on her heels and looked straight into Ach'er's puzzeled eyes.

[Lyn] You didn't believe that a bit of snow and frost could keep me from helping you, did you? I'll get us some thermo-clothes while you adjust the - what did you call them?

Outwardly Lyn was still smiling and flirting - not on a very obvious way - with Ach'er while her thoughts centered around her sudden aggressivness towards Ach'er...

djas_puhr
26 May 2006, 03:28 PM
[Lyn] You want me to get out there?

Ach'er is about to explain what he wants her to do when she cuts him off and begins to go off on him.


[Lyn] What temperature do you think is out there? 230K?

Lyn pauses to take a breath and continues to stare down Ach'er with piercing eyes.

[Lyn] Look at me! Do I look like a arctic explorer from Nimba VII? I don't think so.

Ach'er waits for her to cool her jets and explains the deal.

[Ach'er] Okay here is the deal. I would like you to toss one grenade at the base of each of the aft landing struts. If you want you can quickly, and I DO mean QUICKLY put on some thermal clothing to keep you warm. However, I won't be putting on any thermals. I also need you to set the timers to sixty second count-down. That will give us enough time to close all hatches before the grenades go off. So you with me?

Ach'er prays to his god that she accepts this deal and helps with breaking the freighter free.


[Lyn] You didn't believe that a bit of snow and frost could keep me from helping you, did you? I'll get us some thermo-clothes while you adjust the - what did you call them?

----

OCC

Uron nice post, that's how I think of Lyn, a controled storm waiting to explode.

chiefcaptin
27 May 2006, 12:23 PM
[Ach’er] Custer, I don’t think you’ll be getting a response from the surface. All you’ll find on that there ice ball is snow, snow and more snow. If you check this data dump I got before we jumped. I checked the chart and the nearest habitable planet is Kothlis, and that my friends is far from here. As far as I’m concerned any local Port Control won’t be contacting us.

TEBBO: Ha, Ha, Ha...

TEBBO falls over laughing hystaricly.

TEBBO: Sorry Custer old pal, can't stop but have a good laugh!


[Ach’er] Once Lyn is done we can launch and then make best possible speed to Tatooine. Nightfall is about thirty minutes away now and we’re cutting awfully close. Custer, give Tebbo a hand with the prep work for launch. Once I give the go ahead blast off this ice ball. I’m heading back to help Lyn.

TEBBO: Got it, Custer make sure everything is alright before we take off. I'll start calculating the flight cordinants. [OOC: Astrogate Check]

He starts pluging in numbers making sure everything is set until they take off. A few hours later he is ready for take off.


[Ach’er] Okay, get this bucket of bolts off the deck and into space. We’ve got fifteen minutes before we are in total darkness and possibly stuck on the ground for good. Launch and head due west away from the interface line as you make altitude.

TEBBO picks up the intercom and starts talking into it.

TEBBO: We're ready for take-off.

Ach'er runs off. Whats up with him. Suddenly a the ship jolts!

TEBBO: Sithspit!!

boccelounge
28 May 2006, 09:31 AM
DELETE

djas_puhr
11 July 2006, 09:25 AM
Lyn and Ach’er both head back to the cargo bay. Ach’er turns to Lyn and quickly hands her two sonic grenades. He quickly rushes back to the engine compartments and tries desperately to change the field coil intensity frequency. He doesn’t spend much time on as his chrono rapidly begins to count down to the day-night transition approaching. He finally sets the coils to a higher frequency hopefully out of the range of the grenades inner working to prevent a premature detonation. Once finished he sprints through passage way to meet up with Lyn.

[Ach’er] Alright, I’m going to lower the lift down, once your done either you or Tebbo can raise the lift I’m going to the front ramp and going to do the same there. Remember to set the timers for sixty-seconds.

Ach’er turns and hops on the lift with Lyn in tow. He presses the lift controls to only take him down to the first deck. Once the lift finally gets to the first deck he rushes past the cargo in the bay and makes his way to the forward ramp and lowers it. He reaches for his communicator and keys it.

[Ach’er] Ready Lyn? I’m going to toss mine first at the starboard side then the port side. That way we can create a popping up effect hopefully. I’m going to count it down, on the count of three.

Ach’er grabs his two grenades and sets the timers to a signal that is constant, the ships internal computer, and prays that this works. He steps out on to the lowered ramp and feels the burst of cold air hitting his bones. The piercing cold racks against his body starting to make him shiver as the ambient temperature begins to plummet as he sees the day-night line approaching. He focuses on the nearest landing strut and then shouts into his comlink.

[Ach’er] One, two, three!

He tosses the grenades at each of the forward landing struts and watches them as the skid to rest within half a meter of the there intended targets. He rushes up the ramp and hits the close button as he struggles to get out of the cold. He makes it back only five meters and collapses from exhaustion.

Lyn hears everything that Ach’er is saying and sets the timers on her grenade to the same source that Ach’er has his and lowers the ramp to the surface. She finds the starboard strut and aims at it with her grenade in her hand. The ramp sets down on the surface and she waits for Ach’er to begin the countdown. She hears the three and tosses her grenades at the starboard strut and turns around and presses the cargo lift button to raise the lift and then lobs her final grenade at the port side-landing strut. Both grenades land true and come to rest mere centimeters from their intended target. The lift begins to rise up out of the surface but struggles as the hydraulic lift system is beginning to freeze. Panic rushes over her and fearing dying in the cold alone. She unleashes her self-control and gives into her hatred. As she gives into her hatred a shockwave of pure energy emanates from her and strikes the hydraulic system jarring it from freezing.

Ach’er lays dazed and struggling to get to his feet to go and check on Lyn. He feels a shudder that hits the ship. Not sure if it’s the grenades going off or not he keys his comlink and yells at Tebbo and Custer up in the cockpit.

[Ach’er] Tebbo get this bucket of bolts of the ground in into space now! I got to check on Lyn.

He digs deep and stands up and begins to race back to the cargo lift when he feels two large explosions followed by two more a second later. Confused he races to see the lift brining up Lyn and sees her folded over holding on to the grating on cargo lift. He finds a medkit next to the cargo lift and brings it over to Lyn and sets it down as soon as the lift stops moving and he hears the audible sounds of the locks popping into place securing the lift for transit.

[Ach’er] Lyn, you all right? Do you hurt anywhere?

Ach’er looks Lyn over and sees no obviously broken or out of place. Lyn clears her mind and picks herself up and dusts herself off and heads back to her quarters to meditate on what had just transpired. She leaves without saying a word to Ach’er who stands there confused as to what has just happened and heads to the access trunk and begins to climb up it.

Wonder what got into her. He presses the lift controls once more only to find out that they aren’t responding and doesn’t budge a millimeter. Great, just what I need a broken down piece of firefrak junk on my hands. He leaves the lift and heads to the access trunk and climbs up one deck to the second deck and watches Lyn disappear into her quarters. He begins to follow her but decides to leave her be and check on the two in the cockpit.

[Ach’er] Well that should do it now. Tebbo plot us course to Tatooine and pushes this piece of junk to the limits. Oh and I’m not sure what happened but the main cargo lift is broken and I’m going to see what I can do to it. Custer you can do whatever you want seeing how we’re just leaving this bloody planet. Once I’m done with whatever repairs are needed on this freighter I’m going to rest and get read for when we touch down in Mos Eisley. I’m not too sure if we’ll get the welcoming committee or not, but I want us to be ready if things turn ugly.

With that he turns and heads back to the ramp and begins to look at it carefully and tries to figure out what happened.

chiefcaptin
11 July 2006, 06:34 PM
Ach’er lays dazed and struggling to get to his feet to go and check on Lyn. He feels a shudder that hits the ship. Not sure if it’s the grenades going off or not he keys his comlink and yells at Tebbo and Custer up in the cockpit.

[Ach’er] Tebbo get this bucket of bolts of the ground in into space now! I got to check on Lyn.

Tebbo stumbles out of his seat as the grenades free the ship. He quickly gets back up and raises the ship up into the air. He flips the repulsors off and turns on the ions. Everything jolts as Tebbo tilts the ships nose to the sky. As they reach the atmosphere, the ship suddenly goes from freezing to hot. Flames roar by all around the ship as it breeches the atmosphere. Then suddenly everything goes silent.


[Ach’er] Well that should do it now. Tebbo plot us course to Tatooine and pushes this piece of junk to the limits.

[Tebbo] All ready done.

He pulls the lever and the blast off into space...

Uron Teff
20 July 2006, 01:37 PM
The heat of the burning hate inside of her pulsing through her veins made her feel drowsy. She had never experienced a similar outburst of raw power before, though he remembered legends about a caste of togorian warriors using ancient techniques of the Force.
As she finally sat down on her bunk her body started shaking ucontrolable. The chilling cold of the Dark Side of the Force was running down her spine, waving through her body both in a cooling and refreshing way as well as fearfull and deadly. Concentrating in a way her former Master had told her she relaxed her muscles and breathed slowe and steady. Her the flow of the Dark Side ebbed as quickly as it had errupted. Finally she gathered her thoughts and moved out of her cabine towards the cockpit.
On the way down a shake caught her again and at first she thought that her emotions had take control of her once more. But this time it wasn't anger, hatred or fear shaking her body. It was the shaking of a ship accelerating to hyperspeed. They were on their trip to Tatooine, finally.
Gratefully she entered the cockpit just to find Ach'er and Tebbo. With a sight of relieve she moved up to Ach'er and looked him straight in the eyes.

[Lyn] Thanks for caring about me. Everything is allright now.

Turning her head to the front window she eyed the bizare view on the hyperspace. Not turning her eyes of the blue tunnel she continued to speak.

[Lyn] Now we are on our way to Tatooine. Has someone an idea how we will find our target on this desert planet. I'm sure that there will be no sign directing us to his hideout.

chiefcaptin
11 August 2006, 07:04 PM
Tebbo swiveled his chair around to face Lyn.

[TEBBO] Judging on the travel time we have about a day to think it up. We could always ask around town. Mabey the local cantinas.

Tebbo thought about the near misses of the last time they went to a cantina.

[TEBBO] Or we can just ask around other places.... Anyways, if he managed to cordinate a bombing like the one he pulled then he must be fairly well to do and well known. Did someone catch his name? I could run a general search on him if you want.

Uron Teff
12 August 2006, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
[TEBBO] Judging on the travel time we have about a day to think it up. We could always ask around town. Mabey the local cantinas.

As Lyn heard the words of the Duros pilot she shook her head, rolled her eyes and took a swift breath for a reply.

[Lyn] After the last incident I won't ask around in bars or cantinas, Mr. Ablepharous. If this guy has "employees" on Nar Shaddaa, he defenitly will have some on Tatooine. I mean besides the fact that we may get shot he might also become aware of us and flee. And that is something I don't want to risk.

Tebbo thought about the near misses of the last time they went to a cantina and asked a further question.


Originally posted by chiefcaptin
[TEBBO] Did someone catch his name? I could run a general search on him if you want.

Lyn listened to what the pilot was telling, then turned to Ach'er with a questioning view upon her face.

[Lyn] Weren't playing sabacca with our aqualish back in the cantina on Nar Shaddaa, honey?

boccelounge
19 August 2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
Tebbo... He pulls the lever and the blast off into space...

Tebbo swiveled his chair around to face Lyn.

[TEBBO] Judging on the travel time we have about a day to think it up. We could always ask around town. Mabey the local cantinas.

Originally posted by Uron Teff
As Lyn heard the words of the Duros pilot she shook her head, rolled her eyes and took a swift breath for a reply.

[Lyn] Weren't playing sabacca with our aqualish back in the cantina on Nar Shaddaa, honey?
Custer watches the conversation quietly for a few minutes, then clears his throat and replies in his distinctive lazy drawl.

CUSTER: Ah, no, ma'am. That were me was playing at the tiles with that ol' Walrus. Damned if I weren't having the best game of my life too... but yeah, I reckon we ought to ease into this here "investigation" with kid gloves on-- as quietly and cautiously as we can.

Uron Teff
20 August 2006, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by boccelounge
CUSTER: Ah, no, ma'am. That were me was playing at the tiles with that ol' Walrus. Damned if I weren't having the best game of my life too... but yeah, I reckon we ought to ease into this here "investigation" with kid gloves on-- as quietly and cautiously as we can.

Lyn turned to Custer as he answered her question at Ach'er, wuite suprized that she messed things up.

[Lyn] Right, right. Whatever. But you didn't get his name somehow, suggar?

Lyn waited for a reply, quite anoid about the fact that they only knew the face of this alien - if want to call the tentacles of this hideous alien this way.

boccelounge
20 August 2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
LYN: Right, right. Whatever. But you didn't get his name somehow, suggar?


Custer pushes his wide-brimmed hat back for a moment, and scratches his wind- and sun-burned forehead.

CUSTER: Hmm... let's see now... it seems like it were months ago we was in that ol' cantina... oh, yeah, it's "Jolix." Jolix Troet.

He asks, congenially:

CUSTER: But do we really think we're gonna track down one little ol' walrus-man in the great big galaxy?

chiefcaptin
20 August 2006, 10:19 AM
TEBBO: Well we can try.

Tebbo turns around to another computer terminal and starts typing in "Jolix Troet." He clicks the "ENTER" key and waits for the search to finish. It can take a long time to find someting in a whole galaxy of information.

TEBBO: Okay we've got that started now what?

OOC: I'll take ten on my computer use check for general information please! (+13 Computer Use)

Uron Teff
20 August 2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by boccelounge
CUSTER: Jolix Troet. But do we really think we're gonna track down one little ol' walrus-man in the great big galaxy?

Lyn lekku flickert slightly as he heard the name of the man who brought them into a big pile of hutt slobber. She turned to take a view through the front panel while thinking.


Originally posted by chiefcaptin
TEBBO: Okay we've got that started now what?

Lyn replied to the question of her companion Tebbo, although she would never admit that he, the "noseless being from Duro", is her companion. And she would almost certainly hurt someone who talks about friendship between the two non-humans.

[Lyn] Well a thing like him, with thugs overcrowding cantinas on Nar Shaddaa, is either very affraid of his enemies or very a leader - or at least in a leader position - of a crime organization - worthy the name. I would suggest the latter to be the case. With this there might be a bounty upon his head as well. But besides this, good ideas are rare, obviously.

djas_puhr
21 August 2006, 08:34 PM
Ach’er stands at his bunk shaken and dumb founded after his makeshift repair to the main cargo lift. Never in his brief life had he ever seen such damage on a hydraulic system. After cursing several times over at the damage to the closed system it is able to move up to the second level with out any problems. Satisfied he travels back to the cockpit were everyone is gathering.


[Lyn] After the last incident I won't ask around in bars or cantinas, Mr. Ablepharous. If this guy has "employees" on Nar Shaddaa, he definitely will have some on Tatooine. I mean besides the fact that we may get shot he might also become aware of us and flee. And that is something I don't want to risk.

Ach’er walks in at the end of the conversation but doesn’t say anything to alert them of his presence.


[TEBBO] Did someone catch his name? I could run a general search on him if you want.

Ach’er takes a breath and just about jumps into the conversation when Lyn replies back.


[Lyn] Weren't you playing sabacca with our Aqualish friend back in the cantina on Nar Shaddaa, honey?

Custer turns slightly and musters up a reply.


CUSTER: Ah, no, ma'am. That were me was playing at the tiles with that ol' Walrus. Damned if I weren't having the best game of my life too... but yeah, I reckon we ought to ease into this here "investigation" with kid gloves on-- as quietly and cautiously as we can.


[Lyn] Right, right. Whatever. But you didn't get his name somehow, sugar?

[quote] CUSTER: Hmm... Let’s see now... it seems like it were months ago we was in that ol' cantina... oh, yeah, it's "Jolix." Jolix Troet. But do we really think we're gonna track down one little ol' walrus-man in the great big galaxy?

Ach’er smiles at the exchange between Custer and Lyn keeping to him self that he knows exactly were to start looking. Well the best place to start is where all this cargo is headed. Thanks to that little data dump we have the basis to where to start. Ach’er


TEBBO: Well we can try.

Tebbo turns and starts to do a data query on Jolix Troet. With the transport in Hyperspace communications is impossible with the Galactic database. Tebbo continues to work on the computer until an internal document of known fence locations for Jolix appears.


TEBBO: Okay we've got that started now what?


[Lyn] Well a thing like him, with thugs overcrowding cantinas on Nar Shaddaa, he is either very afraid of his enemies or a leader - or at least in a leadership position - of a crime organization - worthy the name. I would suggest the latter to be the case. With this there might be a bounty upon his head as well. But besides this, good ideas are rarely obviously.

At this point Ach’er slides over to an auxiliary terminal and access the data request done by Tebbo. He goes over the list of known fence locations on Tatooine and compares them to the final destination listed on the cargo manifest. Ach’er leans back for a moment and pauses to think about everything that has transpired so far. As he goes over the details in his mind he leans forward and turns back towards the group.

[Ach’er] Well Tebbo you did a great job bringing up the locations for his fences and Lyn you’re right about him being somehow tied to a criminal organization. To what criminal organization I can’t be sure of yet. He is either tied to a Hutt kajidic or he is tied to Black Sun. Either one he is considered extremly dangerous. So I think we should located the Bounty Hunters local guild and see what is available on him, if any. If there is no information then we should start by looking into one of these fences that Tebbo just pulled up.

Ach’er turns and looks at his crono and pulls up the countdown timer till they revert back to realspace.

[Ach’er] Well we have just under twenty hours now till we reach Tatooine. I suggest that you all get some rest and prepair for landing on Tatooine. It could get ugly like it did in the cantina.

boccelounge
21 August 2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
ACH'ER: Well Tebbo you did a great job bringing up the locations for his fences and Lyn you’re right about him being somehow tied to a criminal organization. To what criminal organization I can’t be sure of yet. He is either tied to a Hutt kajidic or he is tied to Black Sun. Either one he is considered extremly dangerous.
Custer visibly twitches at this revelation.

CUSTER: Hell, with our luck, he's prolly tied to BOTH of 'em...




Originally posted by djas_puhr
ACH'ER: I think we should located the Bounty Hunters local guild and see what is available on him, if any. If there is no information then we should start by looking into one of these fences that Tebbo just pulled up.
The twitch is replaced by a pale, wan expression.

CUSTER: Yeah, he's prolly got ties with them too... sounds like a great big ol' ball o' fun in store fer us... But yeah, trackin' down them fences makes a great mite o' sense.




Originally posted by djas_puhr
ACH'ER: Well we have just under twenty hours now till we reach Tatooine. I suggest that you all get some rest and prepair for landing on Tatooine. It could get ugly like it did in the cantina.
The lanky human casually caresses the well-oiled cherry-wood grips of his low-slung twin blaster pistols; all traces of nervous seem to fade from his expression.

CUSTER: Yessir, "gettin' ugly" does seem be the standard op'ratin' pro-cedure with this crowd. Don' worry none; we'll be ready for it.

He gets up, and with a polite tip of his hat to Lyn, makes his way out of cockpit and back to the cargo hold tool bench.

CUSTER: And if you kind folks will excuse me, I aim to see that we ARE.

chiefcaptin
22 August 2006, 11:41 AM
[Ach’er] Well Tebbo you did a great job bringing up the locations for his fences and Lyn you’re right about him being somehow tied to a criminal organization.

TEBBO: Just doing my what I do mate.


[Ach'er] To what criminal organization I can’t be sure of yet. He is either tied to a Hutt kajidic or he is tied to Black Sun. Either one he is considered extremly dangerous. So I think we should located the Bounty Hunters local guild and see what is available on him, if any. If there is no information then we should start by looking into one of these fences that Tebbo just pulled up.

CUSTER: Yeah, he's prolly got ties with them too... sounds like a great big ol' ball o' fun in store fer us... But yeah, trackin' down them fences makes a great mite o' sense.

Tebbo listens while walking over to the autochef. He grabs a ration bar and takes a bite. He looks at it quizicaly and starts to comment on the situation.

TEBBO: I don't wrun rell rith bwonty hunterth eiter. Besides, aftwer what we pulled, the owld twooth face prowbly has a bwonty on our headth awl ready. I dwon't think walking into a gwang of people who will thoot us on thwight is a good idea.

He looks at the bar quizicaly and swallows hard.

TEBBO: What's in this things things any how?

djas_puhr
4 September 2006, 09:09 AM
TEBBO: I don't wrun rell rith bwonty hunterth eiter. Besides, aftwer what we pulled, the owld twooth face prowbly has a bwonty on our headth awl ready. I dwon't think walking into a gwang of people who will thoot us on thwight is a good idea.

Ach'er raise an eyebrow as he tries to understand what Tebbo is saying. After a few minutes mulling over his comment he gives up and remembers something said earlier.

[Acher] Well I'm not 100% on this but it seems to me that if and when we run into Jolin on Tatooine that he's going to know that we're coming after him. Once we land I'm going to find a contact of mine to relay a message to Mardoc and see what he has in mind. Tebbo, finish up that ration bar from the Clone Wars and get ready to bring us out of Hyperspace. Set us down in Mos Eisly in one of the local docking bays. I'll see if we can't unload some of this gear without drawing to much attention.

Ach'er wheels around and head back to find Torg sitting in his quarters.

[Ach'er] He buddy, I know things are cramped in here and well this situation isn't to your liking. Thinking you can handle being back on Tatooine? You know how to contact Mardoc for me right?

Torg nods during the conversation. His mind seems else were at the moment but is kind enough to listen to Ach'er.

[Ach'er] Well I need you to contact him and let him know that we have tracked the bomber to Tatooine and relay any information that Mardoc gives us, okay.

Torg nods his head once and then rolls back over to get some sleep.

Right, I know how you feel about Mardoc. Just do this and I'll never ask you to do this ever again. Ach'er heads across the way to his small quarters and checks his blaster and his rifle. Both are in good working order and straps them on and heads to the cockpit once more.

[Ach'er] Alright folks its about that time. Tebbo, I'm showing four more hours till we revert to real space. I'll take the helm while you do what you need to do. Just remeber I'll need your hands once we are about to revert back to real space.

Uron Teff
15 September 2006, 02:29 PM
After Lyn had left the cockpit and retrieved back to her quarter she started to line up the equipment she gathered over the time. Her cloak lying tidily folded on the left corner of her bed while the other equipment was aligned beneath it. Shortly she considered what to take with her but then she realized that the decision was easier than it had appeared in the first place.

Stepping to the door she locked the controls for it to be, at least for the next three hours, undisturbed. Sitting down on the floor with her legs crossed her mind started to recapitulate the events that had happened almost one day ago. Soon afterwards her mind focus on the upcoming situation on Tatooine and the possible threads. With this gangster aware of us coming, I'm sure we get in troubles soon, she thought.

Minutes later Lyn had led go of the future and her mind had stopped spinning from evaluading and discussing possible situation on Tatooine. Her conciousness faded into the depth of a concentration her former Master had shown her, before they had gone hunting. Her instincts sharpened while her mind stayed focused on the present. Something she knew as the Force was flowing through her an refreshed her body and mind.

Within the depth of meditation she had arisen and walked to her bed to put her wrist blade-launcher. After all that she had been through this weapon felt like an additional part of her body, able to kill easily. The weapon was deadly in her hand - or more, on her wrist - and she knew it. Although not used in the last combat incident, she felt a certainity that her weapon will be used in upcoming, further combat situations.

With the weapon on her wrist she performed basic movements of the fighting style she had evolved under the tutelage of her former Master and the experience she had gathered in the time after she had left him. Using her left hand to perform a single handed handstand her right arm was aiming at imaginational target in the room. Flipping backwards on her legs again she crouched and swiftly rolled foreward just to stop inches infron of the quarter wall. Within the motion of rising her left leg kicked hard at the wall bulleting her pack into the middle of the room. Finishing this kata with tumbling right infront of her bunk, she was more than confident that she was prepared for anything that could happen to her. And Ach'er...

chiefcaptin
30 September 2006, 09:55 AM
[Ach'er] Alright folks its about that time. Tebbo, I'm showing four more hours till we revert to real space. I'll take the helm while you do what you need to do. Just remeber I'll need your hands once we are about to revert back to real space.

[Tebbo] Okay, I'll be in my cabin.

Tebbo took his time to stare out to the stars. It had been a long time since he last had a chance to look out to space in peace. He felt calm despite the fact that he had just escaped two near death experiences. He watched the blue wormhole rush by as he remembered his times when he had no worry about anything. No hutts, no gangsters, no cantina shoot outs...just him and the stars.

He shook him self out of it then returned to the rear of the ship giving the loading ramp a look on the way. He came to the conclusion that Ach'er had done a good enough job and entered his room. He laid down and took a long nap dreaming of times before...
--------------------

Tebbo suddenly saw his blaster pistol at his nose. His eyes opened wide as he shot up and took a deep breath. He picked the pistol up off the bunk's side table and hooked it onto his belt and walked out to the cockpit shaking his head.

He returned to the cockpit to find the cockpit full of the crew ready to land. The clock said 00:05:32.

[Tebbo] So were where do you want me to land this hunk of junk?