PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Vanguard Squadron

chiefcaptin
3 August 2005, 03:53 PM
I'm sorry to say we have maxed out our limit. Please contact me so I can put you on the waiting list. Thanx

Hello and heres the VS OOC thread. For those who don't know, VS is an A-wing fighter squadron based off the Mon Calamari crusier Liberty . They are defending the New Republic against the small remains of the empire after 25 years after Leia has gone out of office and 30 years after the YV invasion. For more information please go to the origanal sign up thread (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=227866#post227866) . To sign up please PM me. The Players and open spaces are as following:

Players: boccelounge, almaster, Korwin Blade, sirrot
Gm: chiefcaptin
Waiting list:
Charecters:Vanguard 5 (Flight Officer Geneve Armend), Vanguard 2 (Lieutent Ty-Do), Vanguard 7 (Flight Officer Nikolas Kurn), Vanguard 10 (Flight Officer Joz Doe)

Thanx

chief

boccelounge
3 August 2005, 04:59 PM
Hey! Cool!

Can you provide a little more detail?

- How many points to generate ability scores?

- How to calculate VPs?

- Any restricted species/classes?

- Anything else that might help with character background?

- etc....

Thanks in advance.

chiefcaptin
3 August 2005, 06:20 PM
1. 30 ability points to the location of your choice (duh).

2. If you have Tom Kathmann's Charecter generator, use it's avrage and round up, if not, (get it) roll your VPs. If you prefer number 2 use it.

3. No Ewoks, Gungans, or Gamorreans, otherwise anything from the RCR.

4. You fly in a newly formed Squadron of fighters. Nothing else.

That's all otherwise I'm just waiting for players.

(if you can find some, do.)

boccelounge
4 August 2005, 09:18 AM
New Republic Flight Officer Geneve Armend, "Vanguard Five"

Geneve Armend: Female Human Soldier 2; Init +3 (Dex); Defense 16 (+3 class, +3 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 18/12; Atk +5 ranged (3d6/DC 15 stun, blaster pistol) or +5 ranged; SV Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1; SZ M; FP 2; DSP 0; Rep +1; Str 9, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 14; Challenge Code B.

Skills: Astrogate +6, Computer Use +6, Knowledge (Starships) +6, Knowledge (Tactics) +6, Pilot +11, Read/Write (Basic), Repair +6, Speak (Basic, Mon Calamarian, Sullustese).

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Starship Dodge (starfighter), Starship Operation (starfighter), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons).

Background: Fresh from the New Republic Flight Training and Advanced Starfigher Operations and Tactics Academy, Corellia Sector (Main Campus), Geneve is an enthusiastic and (some say) militant supporter of the New Republic and its manifest destiny to bring peace, democracy, and economic prosperity to all reaches of the Galaxy.

She is, in a word, "eager."

The modestly wealthy Armends of Corellia are the founders and sole proprietors of Armend Royal Technical Enterprises ("ARTE: Where technology is an Art"). They make a wide variety of avionic subsystems and electronic sub-components for larger manufacturing firms, notably the big shipbuilders on Sullust, Mon Calamari, Sluis Van, and of course Corellia.

Under Imperial rule, ARTE did what it could to remain non-allied; despite some family members' divergent political views, the prevailing wisdom in the family was to "not get involved" in the struggles of the Palpatine era. Direct deaings with the Empire were kept to a minimum, and if there were any Rebel connections, they were entirely hidden.

Despite this reluctance, or perhaps because of it, once the New Republic was established on Coruscant, the Armends were quick to offer support for the new government. This garnered a fair amount of praise on Corellia, and not coincidentally, also brought the family a new prosperity, and new government contracts.

Geneve represents this new-found enthusiasm for the Republic; she entered the Flight Academy just days after coming of age, and after her successful graduation, intends to have a long a honorable career in the New Republic service.

Appearance (http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1937&screen=0&action=search&keyword=daz&date=&type=search)

chiefcaptin
4 August 2005, 11:24 AM
In the Traders Info thread I specified Captains are 4, Lieutenants are 3, and Flight officers are 2. Choose your rank and place it in front of your name in your stats.

boccelounge
4 August 2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
In the Traders Info thread I specified Captains are 4, Lieutenants are 3, and Flight officers are 2. Choose your rank and place it in front of your name in your stats.

Done.

Is 1st-level correct, then?

And I know what you specified; I was just asking for your opinion. Sometimes GMs have certain character type in mind, or have suggestions for interesting storylines/backgrounds, or, you know, give feedback of some kind. But if it's OK as is, that's good to know!

chiefcaptin
4 August 2005, 01:49 PM
Almost there...

A Flight Officer would be level 2

Choose your Call Sign between Vanguard 5-12

boccelounge
4 August 2005, 04:30 PM
Almost there...

A Flight Officer would be level 2

Choose your Call Sign between Vanguard 5-12

Done.

OK, now we've got all the info-- yes?

Almaster
4 August 2005, 06:07 PM
I am going to request to play the Captain. If my request is accepted, would my character have different stats than the others or just standard ones.

I will post my character as soon as I can fill it in with that info.

chiefcaptin
4 August 2005, 06:18 PM
Captins are lvl 4, calsign 1 or 2, and must have captain before their name. See bocce's charecter for more detail. Other wise they might want more charisma just because they're the leader of the gang.

Stirroret
7 August 2005, 05:20 AM
Here is my bid on a Vanguard 1...

"Joz Doe: Human Soldier 1; Init +4 (+4 Dex); Defense +17 (+3 class, +4 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 10/10; Atk+5 ranged (3d8+1/19-20 or DC 13 stun, Blaster carbine 9118, range 20 m) or +1/+1 ranged (3d8+1/19-20, Blaster carbine 9118 with Multifire, range 20 m); SV Fort +2, Ref +4, Will ±0; SZ M; Rep 0; Str 10, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 15, Challenge Code A.

Equipment: Padded flight suit (DR 2).

Skills: Astrogate+4, Computer Use+4, Knowledge (tactics)+4, Pilot+11, Profession (combat aviator)+4.

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles), Weapon Group Proficiency (heavy weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (vibro weapons)."

-edited 14/8 2005 20:45 CET

Almaster
7 August 2005, 05:45 AM
This is my character (Vanguard Leader)
I have not written a background because I didn't know if you wanted one or if it was pre-planned.

Lieutenant Ty-Do
Male Cerean Noble 3/Solider 1

Str: 8/-1
Dex: 14/+2
Con: 8/-1
Int: 16/+3
Wis: 14/+2
Cha: 17/+3

Defense: +14
Vitality: 28
Wounds: 7

Fort: +3
Reflex: +2
Will: +3

Initiative: +2
Speed: 10m

Base Attack: +3
Melee Attack: +2
Ranged Attack: +3

Force Points: 1
Dark Side Points: 0

Weapon: Hold-out Blaster (3d4 damage; 6m range)
Weapon: (rarely carried) SoroSub X-45 Sniper Rifle (3d6+1 damage; 75m range)

Other Equipment & Credits: Comlink; Datapad (mastercraft wireless +5); Holoprojector (w/ sound and holorecorder); Electrobinoculars; Credit Chip

Abilities: Inspire Confidence; Favor +2; Resource Access

Skills: Astrogate +7; Bluff +6; Gather Information +3; Pilot +7; Intimidate +7; Knowledge (battle tactics) +7; Computer Use +7; Proffession (captain) +7

Feats: Starship Operation (capital ship); Influence; Armor Proficiency: Light; Weapon Proficiency: Blaster Pistols; Weapon Proficiency: Blaster Rifles; Weapon Proficiency: Heavy Weapons; Weapon Proficiency: Simple Weapons; Weapon Proficiency: Vibro Weapons

chiefcaptin
7 August 2005, 06:29 AM
I would need a background, apperence and personality but just because he's the captin dosn't mean he dosn't fly the ship. He will have an A-wing too so you might want to redo a few stats.

Finished Charecters and Legel charecters would be nice and Sirroet will have to be Vanguard 2 due to Almaster already being Vanguard Leader.

Thanx

Skywalker
8 August 2005, 06:22 PM
New Republic Leuitenant Jakke Gonne

Jaake Gonne Male Human Soldier Init +4(Dex); Defense14 (+4 class, +4 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 18/12; Atk +6 ranged (3d6/DC 13 stun, blaster pistol) or +6 ranged; SV Fort +5, Ref +2, Will 3; SZ M; FP 2; DSP 0; Rep +10; Str 11, Dex 14, Con 11, Int 10 Wis 13, Cha 14; Challenge Code B.

Skills: Astrogate +5, Computer Use +7, Knowledge (Starships) +8, Knowledge (Tactics) +6, Pilot +13, Read/Write (Basic), Repair +6, Speak (Basic, Mon Calamarian, Sullustese, Bocce, whatever language Jabba
the Hutt uses, Twl' Lek language).

Equipment: Padded flight suit, Fusion Cutter(for repairs),Weapon: DC-17 Blaster Rifle, Blaster Pistol(3d5 damage; 20 m range with the DC-17, 2d4 damage; 6m range with Blaster Pistol)
Other Equipment:Long range comlink, electrobinoculars,ration packs

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Starship Dodge (starfighter), Starship Operation (starfighter), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons).

Background: New to piloting but a hard working intelligent young man who is good in groups. Though a team leader type of guy, he never speaks unless spoken to. Sometimes a bit eager to move on with training/missions he can easily misjudge situations, but sometimes they turn out for the better.

Lt. Gonne is most familiar with the X-Wing and K-Wing class starfighters, though is willing to get into the cockpit of new starfighters.As a relative of the renowned Wedge Antilles in memorable honor in the destruction of the second Death Star, he usually can't get his own glory without the mention of his uncle Wedge. Jaake was only a child when he heard what a member of his family did, and it inspired him to one day become a Starfighter Pilot.

As a star Flight Academy student, Jaake Gonne progressed faster than some students and was recognized by the Vanguard Squadron as a key asset. However, since Jaake wasn't of age to graduate yet, the Vanguard Squadron had to wait just a few more years. Finally when he graduated from the Flight Academy, he was instantly selected to be in the Vanguard Squadron.

Jaake Gonne progressed throught he ranks and became a Leiutenant as you see him today.

Almaster
11 August 2005, 12:59 PM
Has this game started yet or are we still setting up?

No rush...just wondering.

(BTW: I fixed my stats)

Skywalker
11 August 2005, 05:18 PM
I've been wondering too. But aren't there like, 10 spots open? maybe there should be a little less.

Almaster
11 August 2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Skywalker
I've been wondering too. But aren't there like, 10 spots open? maybe there should be a little less.

The other problem with having so many people is that it will take a very long time to get everyone's posts in.

However, this decision is up to the GM, and if he thinks he can handle it, let it be.

Skywalker
11 August 2005, 05:46 PM
Yah, but he also said that anyone who doesn't sign up will be NPC. Do you think 4 trained people are enough for a fighter squadron?

chiefcaptin
12 August 2005, 06:28 AM
New Plan Peeps!

You all are a wing of a 3 wing a-wing squadron Vangaurd Squadron. Each Flight has 4 people so it'll work fine. Don't worry the story helps everything work out.

chiefcaptin
12 August 2005, 06:53 AM
The Game will start with in a week!!

chiefcaptin
14 August 2005, 05:38 AM
New Deal,

The Posting check has lead me to remove skywalker and sirrot.

It has also alowed me to let Korwin join us.

We are now down 1 player and looking for a new joiner.

Also, the them of the campaign has required me to demote Ty-Do to a Lietent. Sorry about any dissapointment. (I just didn't want any fictional charecters a higher level then me:P).

All new charecters will be Flight Officers.

Almaster
14 August 2005, 05:42 AM

Also, the them of the campaign has required me to demote Ty-Do to a Lietent. Sorry about any dissapointment. (I just didn't want any fictional charecters a higher level then me:P).

All new charecters will be Flight Officers. [/B]

NO! You can't do that do that...(well actually you can). Demoted...ahhh...Ty-Do is shamed to be the first solider in his family to be demoted...nooooo....

chiefcaptin
14 August 2005, 06:58 AM
Well Sirr reclaimed his spot wich will leave this game closed for joining. Trust me it will work out best for the story.

Korwin Blade
14 August 2005, 08:40 PM
I guess it is a good thing I checked this thread again. As I wasn't going too.

But I am in.

So am I still the #3 or not? If not #7 is good too.

Korwin.

chiefcaptin
15 August 2005, 05:37 AM
you can be Vanguard 3

chiefcaptin
15 August 2005, 06:33 AM
Please Submit your chracters today because I want to start the campagn tomorrow.

boccelounge
15 August 2005, 07:11 AM
Please Submit your chracters today because I want to start the campagn tomorrow.

Vanguard 5, Geneve Armend (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18415&perpage=1&pagenumber=4/), reporting for duty.

Korwin Blade
15 August 2005, 04:58 PM
I would submit it today.

But I am at work and it is at home.

wont be there till tomorrow morning, as I work 12 hrs.

And I go to bed as soon as I get home from work.

Besides I made him a lieutenant as I thought I was still that.

So he would have to be remade, as he is a 3rd level character not a 2nd. Or I could just leave him as a 3rd and send him in the morning.

Korwin

Stirroret
16 August 2005, 03:44 AM
I edited my previous character where I submitted it before (on page 1) it should be as requested :)

boccelounge
16 August 2005, 10:57 PM
You'd be an R2 unit for one of my 4 piolts. Let us move this conversation to the OOC thread in the roleplaying fourm.

I'd take on a Hero Droid as my astromech (A-Wings have astromechs now??? Crazy NJO... ). I'm content to play Geneve as pretty low-level and under-powered, but it'd be cool to have an extraordinary droid companion/partner.

That is, if you're really going to be a stickler and not the let the dude be a fighter jock... ;)

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 05:45 AM
.......Hi Bocce.......Wrong Thread.......:raised:

Korwin Blade
17 August 2005, 06:33 AM
Finally!!!

Don't you just hate work?!?!?!

Flight Officer Nikolas Kurn: Male Human Soldier 2 .Vanguard 7

Str 12 (+1) Dex 14 (+2) Con 14 (+2) Int 14 (+2) Wis 12 (+1) Cha 12 (+1)

Init +2 (+2 Dex) Defense 15 (+2 Dex, +3 Class)

VP/WP: 21/14 SV: Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1, Spd: 10m

Attack: + 3 melee, + 4 ranged Size: M ForcePoint: 2 Rep: +1

Equipment: Comlink, Datapad, Padded Flight Suit, 10 Power Packs, Medpack, BlasTech BlasterTool Kit, Blaster Rifle (BlasTech DLT-20A), Heavy Blaster Pistol (DL-44), Vibrorapier, Clothing, VibroDagger, Backpack, Credits 350

Skills: Astrogate +9, Computer Use +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (Tactics) +7, Pilot +12, Repair +7, Treat Inury +7, Read/Write Basic, Speak Basic, Speak Ikotchese, Speak Sullustese.

Feats: Armor Proficiencies (Light), Spacer, Starship Operation (Starfighers), Weapon
Group Proficiencies (Blasters Pistol / Rifle, Heavy, Simple, Vibro).

Height: 1.82 m (6’0”ft) Weight: 84kg (185lbs) Age: 25 Years
Skin: Tanned, Eyes: Green, Hair: Dark Brown, Home World: Esseles

History:

Nikolas was born on Esseles a planet on the Perlemain Trade Route. He always wanted to be a pilot and fly starfighters for the New Republic. He has flown X-wings and Y-wings as well as A-wings.

He was assigned to Midnight Squadron and was there about 3 yrs when he was promoted to Lieutenant. He was a Lieutenant for about 1 yrs and then was demoted and then reassigned to Vanguard Squadron.

He has a little bit of an attitude, but not as much as he did before his demotion. He is just glad he got demoted and not discharged. He is looking forward to a new Squadron

Apperance (http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=2603&screen=4&action=search&keyword=vic&date=&type=search)

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 07:23 AM
Hello all! Now that we have Korwin's Charecter we can start! Go check out the IC thread soon!

Stirroret
17 August 2005, 07:26 AM
can't wait to get started

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 08:42 AM
Please don't post any OOC out of the OOC thread. To keep the epic feel I'm going to roll all the dice behind the scenes and just describe what happens.

boccelounge
17 August 2005, 09:36 AM
.......Hi Bocce.......Wrong Thread.......:raised:

Clearly, I was online about an hour after I should have been in bed... I couldn't even see what thread I was looking at. ;)

It's fixed.

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 01:55 PM
Please note that Almaster is the only person who plays a superiour officer to the rest of you. He is a Liutenant and you are all Flight Officers.

boccelounge
17 August 2005, 02:13 PM
Please note that Almaster is the only person who plays a superiour officer to the rest of you. He is a Liutenant and you are all Flight Officers.

Right, but note that Geneve salutes, uh, pretty much everybody. :)

I tried to tell her she didn't have to salute Joz, but she wouldn't have it.

She felt that Joz, though of the same rank, deserved a proper military courtesy, due to his greater seniority in the Starfighter Corps.

And since this is her first active duty posting, that means she considers pretty much EVERY officer to be "her superior."

Just a RP decision. She's terribly proper, you know. ;)

Stirroret
17 August 2005, 02:40 PM
So would Joz. He's a hardcore soldier to the bones saluting all other soldiers to show them the proper respect. For as he sees it, the man (or woman) you salute today may have to watch your back tomorrow...

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 02:53 PM
Thanx Bocce for mentioning your astromech. Everyone has an R2 unit. I need stats for all of them. They can have extra equipment within a 500 cr. price range.

Korwin Blade
17 August 2005, 11:52 PM
So let me get this straight we have an R2 unit as well? Cool!!!

I think we need stats on our A-Wings. As I recall they didn't have an R2 unit.

Korwin

chiefcaptin
18 August 2005, 08:00 AM
If the stats don't say they have R2s then think of it this way. 50 years after the battle of endor... R2s have been intergrated into A-wings by now in my campaign.

Every thing else stays the same as in SotG

boccelounge
18 August 2005, 09:13 AM
50 years after the battle of endor... R2s have been intergrated into A-wings by now in my campaign.

In other words, "GM is God." *gives thumbs up*

I mean, if those little Delta-7 Jedi starfighters can have droids, why not us? :)

As for my droid, I have a picture I really like. i think it's an R6. I'm no droid expert, but I think it fits your "future" campaign well (but I'm just using it because I like the pic and name). OK if I use that? I don't kow how specifically you mean "R2."

Stats are on their way. Any news on the droid player? Is that going to happen?

chiefcaptin
18 August 2005, 10:11 AM
You can all have R6s if someone sends stats and the pic (for my personal enjoyment:)). If anyone new wants to join they will be droid heros. You all start out with driods but who ever wants the new player has his R6 shot down in combat.

Skywalker
18 August 2005, 09:38 PM
I was wondering if I was allowed to reclaim my spot and be my character. He pretty much is a mechanic (because he has a fusion cutter as I listed in my equipment) as you said was a character when you PMed me. But if I have to, I'll be a flight officer.

boccelounge
18 August 2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Korwin Blade
I think we need stats on our A-Wings.

This is the stock A-Wing from Starships of the Galaxy, with the errata corrections from the WotC website.
Craft: Alliance A-Wing Starfighter
Class: Starfighter
Cost: 175,000 (new)
Size: Diminutive (9.6 m long)

Initiative: +8 (+4 size, +4 crew)
Crew: 1 (Skilled +4)
Passengers: None
Cargo Capacity: 40 kg
Consumables: 1 week
Hyperdrive: x1

Maximum Speed, Space: Ramming (+4; 14 squares per action)
Maximum Speed, Atmosphere: 1,300 km/h (22 squares per action)

Maneuver: +12 (+4 size, +4 crew, +4 engine quality)

Defense: 24 (+4 size, +10 armor)
Shield Points: 30 (DR 10)
Hull Points: 80 (DR 10)

Weapons: Laser cannons (2 fire-linked)
. Fire Arc: Front
. Attack Bonus: +18 (+4 size, +4 crew, +6 fire control, +4 equipment bonus)
. Damage: 5d10x2
. Range Modifiers: PB -2, S -4, M/L n/a.

Weapons: Jammer
. Fire Arc: All
. Attack Bonus: n/a
. Damage: Special
. Range Modifiers: PB +0, S/M/L n/a.

Since chiefcaptin is making all the rolls, we'll probably never need to look at these stats; but it occurs to me that we could help the GM out by posting stats for our characters in A-Wings.

To do this, you have to take all the "crew" references and replace it with your own.

For example, the stock stats for Manuever are: Maneuver: +12 (+4 size, +4 crew, +4 engine quality)
For Geneve, it would be: Maneuver: +19 (+4 size, +11 Pilot, +4 engine quality)

And I have to say, I was always more an X-Wing guy, but these A-Wing stats aren't too shabby... the size bonus alone is pretty sweet.

Skywalker
18 August 2005, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure if I'm still in (cheifcaptin hasn't gotten back to me), but I might as well post my A-Wing stats.

Note: My A-Wing is a Veteran and has some upgrades a little different from the standard A-Wings ex. outfitted for Proton Torpedos

Craft: Alliance A-Wing Starfighter
Class: Starfighter
Cost: 175,000 (older, not like start of Rebellion old)
Size: Diminutive (9.6 m long)

Initiative: +9 (+4 size, +4 crew)
Crew: 1 (Skilled +6)
Passengers: None
Cargo Capacity: 40 kg
Consumables: 1 week
Hyperdrive: x4

Maximum Speed, Space: Ramming (+4; 14 squares per action)
Maximum Speed, Atmosphere: 1,600 km/h (24 squares per action)

Maneuver: +19 (+4 size, +13 pilot, +6 engine quality)

Defense: 25 (+4 size, +12 armor)
Shield Points: 30 (DR 10)
Hull Points: 75 (DR 10)

Weapons: Laser cannons (2 fire-linked)
. Fire Arc: Front
. Attack Bonus: +18 (+4 size, +4 crew, +6 fire control, +4 equipment bonus)
. Damage: 5d10x2
. Range Modifiers: PB -2, S -4, M/L n/a.

Weapons: Proton Torpedos ( 2 shot blast)
. Fire Arc: Manual/Computer Lock-on
. Attack Bonus +23 (+5 size, +4 crew, +10 fire control, +5 equipment bonus)
. Damage: 9d12x2
. Range Modifiers: PB -2, S -4, M/L n/a

Weapons: Jammer
. Fire Arc: All
. Attack Bonus: n/a
. Damage: Special
. Range Modifiers: PB +0, S/M/L n/a.

Again, I don't know if I'm still in, but I hope chiefcaptin gets back to me soon.

Korwin Blade
19 August 2005, 03:05 AM
Hmmm Nice work Bocce.

I have the book, just wanted to know if The Chief had changed anything else.

I would have a +12 Pilot. Damn that is like 20 before I even roll.....Sweet!!!

chiefcaptin
19 August 2005, 09:14 AM
Skywalker, you can join but you would have to be the wingman of one of another NPCs wing. I think I should interduce the main GM charecters as IC knowlage now.

Captian Jan Topla
-Male 31 years old Human
-Vanguard leader
-Combat Vetran of A-wings

Lieutenant Nobru Mane
-Female 22 years old Human
-Vanguard 2
-Skywalker is her wingman

Admiral Jix Nubem
-Male 42 year old (unless other wise stated in IC, I didn't have my notes with me) Human
-Former Pilot of Mon Calimari Crusiers
-Captain of the Liberty

Perofu Jano
-Male 56 years old Human
-President of the New Republic

Admiral Slangle Penkin
-Male 49 year old Human
-Leader of the Empire
-Former SpecOps agent

Skywalker
19 August 2005, 09:59 AM
Ok, I guess I'll be the Captain Jan Topla, but I wish I could change his name to my character. I'll change my character now.

chiefcaptin
19 August 2005, 11:52 AM
You have to be a flight officer, Skywalker, for Nobru. You should also note you have control of your charecter and your charecter only. Don't start making other people say things.

Korwin Blade
19 August 2005, 02:37 PM
Added a Pic to my Character post and Vanguard 7 as well so go check it out.

And this is what Geneve really looks like:

Geneve (http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1828&screen=3&action=search&keyword=vic&date=&type=search)

LOL!!!!

But she is better looking this way!!!!

boccelounge
19 August 2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Korwin Blade
Added a Pic to my Character post and Vanguard 7 as well so go check it out.
Ugly sucker... ;)

And this is what Geneve really looks like:

Geneve (http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1828&screen=3&action=search&keyword=vic&date=&type=search)
Yeah, right. I think you can see why I rejected that pic for my by-the-book, gung-ho, fresh-out-the-academy cadet...

Korwin Blade
19 August 2005, 03:24 PM
I think that is why she does what she does as she thinks she needs to get by on more than looks, besides the other one isn't much better.

He is kind of, but he has been in the Military for 7 years. And been on active duty 4 of those years.The 3 yrs he was in some kind of training what ever that might be academy or what ever..

chiefcaptin
19 August 2005, 04:44 PM
Ignore all posts from Skywalker. I'm going by total froget and no mercy tactics due to popular vote.

On a better note, I'm taking a break down at the beach for a week. See ya then!B)

Korwin Blade
19 August 2005, 05:26 PM
Will Do Chief.

Skywalker
20 August 2005, 01:44 PM
Dammit man, WTF? What the hell did I do? I did nothing. Why am I not allowed joining? No good reason? I guess so. But you never gave me a good reason why I'm notallowed in. What's the reason? If you give me a really good reason, then I'll stay out of this. But I wasn't making anyone say anything, and I didn't do anything in the beginning either, and Stirroet got booted too, however, he got to be his character. Wht can't I?

chiefcaptin
20 August 2005, 03:15 PM
I booted you because of popular demand. 3 out of 5 people wanted you gone and thought you were a troll. Sirroet got his place back because he made a legal charecter and dosn't play other peoples charecters or GMs his self. I have gotten 2 examples of when you made a charecter with 8 charisma and a +16 charisma modifier. Also Sirroet reclaimed his spot withen 2 days and gave a good reason why he wasn't posting. I also shouldn't be posting this because we voted you a troll. You should be happy I'm not reporting you. All the other people thought you should be reported.

Examples of when you made other people talk:

"Hey Jaake, when did you get in the Squadron?" asked Nik as he walked to the tray stack.

"Hey Jaake, when did you get in the Squadron?" asked Nik as he walked to the tray stack.

"That's too bad, your dad had a pretty reliable R4 unit."

Joz shook Jaake's hand and saluted as he said," Hello sir, I'm Flight Officer Joz Doe. THis is our friend Flight Officer Geneve Armend. I'm very pleased to meet you sir."

"All pilots of the Vanguard and Wamprat Squadrons, report to your starfighters to begin pre-takeoff precedures. And Lt. Jaake Gonne, report to the Astrodroid Garage to pick up your father's R4 unit. It has been fixed, repeat, Lt. Gonne to Astrodroid garage."

Skywalker
20 August 2005, 04:58 PM
Well, if you didn't happen to notice...I'M NEW! Someone could tell me what the hell I'm allowed to do and where I can do that. I didn't boost my damn charisma by any purpose means and didn't know if I was not supposed to make other people talk in a stupid story. Which I shouldn't be reported for being short of facts, you happy?!? Besides, the last example was not another player, it was an intercom announcment. Besides, I'll change my character and get rid of some stuff, you name it. Just please don't boot me. I have no clue how I somehow got +16 charisma boost, and none of this crap was intentional. I'm so sorry if I made any of you really really mad. I'd just like to actually do something on this site. Becuase I finally find a star wars realted site that I would like to be on and people are trying to get me reported.

Korwin Blade
21 August 2005, 10:53 AM
You might be new Skywaler, but if you don't know what your doing just ask. As most of the people here are very willing to help you.

And if you think the Story is Stupid then why would you want to play it?

True, it wasn't a Player, but that would be the GM's job to keep the game moving. And making a Intercom announcment that hasn't been made by the GM is you trying to be the GM.

Do you even have any of the D20 Star Wars Books?

If you don't have them, then it iwll be hard to make a character the right way.

Korwin.

Skywalker
21 August 2005, 11:25 AM
Actually, I did make a thread asking people to help me when I first started, but I only got one reply. But I'm sorry for making everyone mad. And I really didn't mean stupid as in I hate it, but as in just a story. But I'm sorry.

Stirroret
21 August 2005, 02:19 PM
Well I've stood on the sidelines to see what would be said and what wouldn't... and I feel it's time for me to step up to the plate. Not to judge you (you have after all applied for my own game "The Curse..."), but you move on and avoid making the same mistakes you've made in this game...

I don't know if you have ever played a roleplaying game before either in real life or online, but there is (like in life) certain do's and don'ts

1. You NEVER, EVER-EVER-EVER ×××× with the GM! You always loose...
And the worst possible way to do that is to try and take charge of the game. (which you did by sounding intercom messages and so and so on!)

2. You NEVER play another PC (Player Character than your own without permission.
it is downright disrespectful to the work your fellow-gamers has done with their characters. You can seriously damage the 'feel' a gamer gets with his character by doing something that stupid

3. You never enter a game before your character+background+ equipment has been approved!!!
wait until your character has been approved. When creating a character the approval-denial phase helps you avoiding errors or flaws in the character AND if you ask the GM real nice...he or she will most likely give you a pointer or hint in how to make the best possible character for the adventure in mind

4. When in doubt ask another Gamer (or even better the GM).
IRL gaming... call him or her on the phone or ask when before the game starts. Online (like in here) ask as a personal message if they want to help you

As a fellow-gamer the worst thing you can do, is to play another gamers character. That and taking charge of the GM thread...are just about the two only crimes in roleplaying (in both on- and offline gaming) that cannot be forgiven by a GM and your Gaming group...new player or not, it is not forbidden to think before acting.
Ask the question: "how will I react if someone did what I do, right now" if the answer is positive - go for it (see what happens) is it negative - stop what you're doing right now! If you are uncertain or in anyway indecisive...ASK!!!

I have to admit...the best thing you can do right now is to leave the game quietly and learn from the experience.

And don't make the same mistake again!

Skywalker
21 August 2005, 03:32 PM
Ok, that's good advice. I'll let you all go on with this. I might see you later in another game. Farwell, and may the Force be with you.

Almaster
21 August 2005, 05:13 PM
Wow. That was a pretty spectacular show. A classic "player vs. GM" duel. They exchange threats, circle around eachother, and then draw their weapons. A tense and epic fight follows with flashing and banging and orchestra music. And then the player is defeated (wow, a real shocking ending), and he gives a corny one-liner and backs away into the mist...

boccelounge
4 September 2005, 01:38 PM
So everyone knows, GM chiefcaptin has indicated in another thread this campaign is on hiatus while he gets some learnin'. Just passing it on... maybe Vanguard will fly again when school breaks or slow down for him.