PDA

View Full Version : Q:TU Rebel Group 2 OOC: Mayhem Uncorporated

Pages : [1] 2

Vanger Chevane
4 August 2005, 03:46 PM
We're over 500 posts in the original OOC now, something I originally didn't think we'd even see, so we had to move the mischief to a new thread.

Party on, Darth! :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 August 2005, 03:59 PM
Party time! Excellent! And for this babe of the month's feature is: (drumroll) :winter: and :daala:! no way!... Waaay!! 8o Schwing & Double schwing!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Rostek
6 August 2005, 02:22 PM
I'm back- sifting through piles of crap I need for moving off to college now :D.
Game was fun (Twins put an asskicking on the BoSox), and a good time was had by all.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 August 2005, 11:19 PM
glad yer back! (and enjoyed yer trip)

Lol, read BoSox too quickly and thought Huh? BoTox? :p Eh, never was a sports fan. Suppose it'd still be fun to go to a game if with a bunch of friends ;)

College huh? Never been there... Though I never did look forward to the ending of summer and getting ready for any sorts of schooling... :P These summers just pass by too quick...

Ronin
9 August 2005, 06:28 AM
Sorry for the lamest post ever!
Been exceedingly busy here and I've got a writer's block. Gotta do some reading to get some creative fiber...that oughta cause a movement.

Ris
10 August 2005, 08:42 AM
Ronin, you sure give a gal a lot to work with! <sighs>

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 August 2005, 10:40 AM
I and vanger are at fault too for many the same reason, due for posting an npc / update to move things along ... just hadn't been able to get around to it, nor colaborate anything...

will try get an update of sorts rolled out for ya ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 August 2005, 09:58 PM
~3-4 days later....

i further apologize for the delays, will try hammer something out by tues for ya (unless sooner). as weekends normally go, theres usually little to no yim/aim planning. is done pretty much during the week. I myself hadn't much time to recap and post something for ya, with or without confering with Vanger. (we usualy confer before posting, check to see if either already had plans or ideas kicking about for said update, else finetune an existing plan/idea or post material content before posting)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 August 2005, 01:48 AM
Heya all... barely been home past week or few. at the farm, as usuall for this time of season...

the evenings i am home, i'm fairly dog tired / exhausted... been meaning to try to get something of an update out for all of ya to move things ahead a bit...

Ronin
23 September 2005, 07:25 AM
C'mon people! Let's keep it moving!
Just gotta get all our info and gear together and we can head out to set up the recon.

darth_wyld
23 September 2005, 07:46 AM
Hi!
In the moment I'm waiting for Red5, so that Adrame answers Seth downstairs...

red5_5
24 September 2005, 10:22 AM
Sorry for the delay, I'm finally getting adjusted to college life. I'll have a post up this weekend! :)

Ris
26 September 2005, 08:45 AM
Well, we're not only celebrating Tetengo's b-day. It's also Ronin's. Have a good one--or is it late enough in Tokyo to ask if you had a good one?

Rostek
26 September 2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Ris
Well, we're not only celebrating Tetengo's b-day. It's also Ronin's. Have a good one--or is it late enough in Tokyo to ask if you had a good one?

Oh, it was... (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=235377#post235377) (or so he claims ;)).
:D.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 September 2005, 08:26 PM
heya guys & gals... i apologize for the hiatus for the past month or so.... shouldn't be much more than a week or 3...

to anyone remotely curios... heres a few pics of the yard taken last year (http://www.members.shaw.ca/tiger.jadesfire/temp3/)

if you look at the pics... take the size of the house across widthwise, and add another half length, then another house and a half rotated by 90 degress to roughly show 2 sides (1 corner) of a square area... well, thats the size of each garden, on either side of the driveway... between the garage tarmack and the aproach...

maybe i'll take a few better pix this year that shows the size of the gardens better..

just planted too much... and its slow goin... mine and 2 other pairs of hands only (its slow going)

do several hours a day on the garden, take into acount lunch, and various other tasks around the farmyard, a late evening supper... and basically i only get back to the house here somewheres past or around 9pm... been this way for all september... and by the time i get home, well... i'm exhausted.. i wanna try and do somethin for for rg1 & 2... just toooo tired to do so... and its really driving me up the wall.... hopefully not too much longer...

if ya all can, just try continue on this little bit yet... rp it out, whatever... by the time i do get back on track to a regular evening schedual, i'll wanna dive right into this and get things moving and underway...

i just thought i'd post and explain to ya my hiatus for this month... once again, sorry about the absences.... i really enjoy working with vang on this game, and you guys are one heck of a great group ;)

Rostek
27 September 2005, 08:55 PM
Place looks great, Terras. Hell, it looks just like a half dozen places in my hometown in Iowa (and in my parents' respective hometowns, etc. etc.).
Rural North America all looks the same :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 September 2005, 09:29 PM
Thx Rostek for understanding ;) Then you truly know what farmwork is all about.

this farm is in ol' prarie provence of Saskatchewan (canada)... guess its all the same, regardless what side of the border ;) (as for borders, eh, i couldn't care less about borders or nationality. gotta thank the net, forums and instant messengers for that ;) )

Rostek
27 September 2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven
Thx Rostek for understanding ;) Then you truly know what farmwork is all about.

this farm is in ol' prarie provence of Saskatchewan (canada)... guess its all the same, regardless what side of the border ;) (as for borders, eh, i couldn't care less about borders or nationality. gotta thank the net, forums and instant messengers for that ;) )

The fact that the ethnic make up and primary language of our respective countries is mostly the same helps too :P

Ronin
28 September 2005, 06:08 AM
Your kitchen is the size of my entire apartment! :(
I gotta show those pics to some J-friends, they'll drop their sushi. :D

Don't worry Terras, we know you're busy, and we'll keep it going in the meantime. :)

darth_wyld
28 September 2005, 06:27 AM
Yeah, that's a mighty fine kitchen... looking at the ragtag collection my kitchen is built of....

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 September 2005, 11:54 AM
added some more photos , taken last month... all nice and neat in a gallery format for ya:

Gallery (http://www.members.shaw.ca/tiger.jadesfire/temp3/gallery/)

btw, luv adobe photoshop's batch web-gallery automation process... 3 clicks and then upload to folder. presto...

lots of the pics were taken later in the day, with overcast... and got a few pics of the sky while in the city here... one evening the sky was really nifty martian style. had the orangey hue wash on all the buildings, and glancing out the window was as if this house was right on mars... though by the time i grabbed the camera and raced outside, the effects were passing, but still left a nice reddish greyish sky...

mental note - will try take some pics when the sky's truely alive and on fire... the clouds themselves are outlined in bright vivid orangy flame

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 September 2005, 05:49 PM
well, luky break... late adternoon appointment (nearly forgotten about), strategic use of caferia, 2 hot cups of tea and a pocketbook to wait out the 5:00 traffic... and then a an errand run to pickup another case of 24 cans of catfood for my cat... nicely results in being home this evening...

will try get something done tonight... there being a few game threads i've sorely neglected... can't promise how much, or which game threads .. before anything, requires a bit of catching up...

:edit:

alright... somwehat of an update served... hope you like it. is the best i was able to come up with after staring and re-reading the last 2 pages for most of the whole evening... having been out of if for this long and still tired, i admit was tough getting back into the swing of it... For the most of the evening it was just words on a page. read last and second last page, and nothing stayed in memory so nothing made much sense on what was going on. was hard to visualize the scene also. Just means that while i wasn't drop dead exhausted tonight, i was still quite tired...

fortunately, sometimes some of my best work is accomplished well after midnight... well, it allowed me to accomplish at least something of a post for ya, as by after 12am things started to click in... kinda like puzzle peices.

will still be busy at the farm for the next while, so i hope this would give ya a little more to go on... maybe get some breakfast table group discussion goin ;) Kyle should still have the seth/adrame query datapad in his hands or at least set on the table for review...

as for jade - go ahead. max sent the rolls, by the dice mailer.

Ronin
8 October 2005, 05:28 PM
C'mon people! :( Iet's keep it moving!
Are we ready to skip forward in time and just get on with the mission??

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
8 October 2005, 06:31 PM
your choice people... make up yer minds and go for it... I and vanger pretty much got the material sitting here for mission1...

Rostek
8 October 2005, 06:51 PM
Sounds good to me.
Lets go break things and hurt people/kill things and take their stuff!
:D

Ris
8 October 2005, 06:52 PM
Well, let's do so, folks. Ronin, I can try a joint post with you via PM, since TJ's put it back in the players' court.

Also, my Offical Reminder for this game: After Tues., I may be a bit slower for the reainder of the month--and will be totally incommunicado while my family & Donovan are at the convention & so on the last few days of the month (10/27 - 11/2)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
8 October 2005, 07:37 PM
I thought the ball was always in your courts ;)
If nobody posts, no activity, nothing happens - roleplaying idle chitchat or discussing mission plan, or otherwise... ;)

I thought from the last post i typed, if there was anything else anyone wanted to go over / discuss for the mission, do / prep, or otherwise... The van good/all ready to go? did anyone load it up with the equipment? anyone get the gear ready? Shouldn't be much different than packing a kid's lunch for school... ;)

(i'm not gonna try suggest anything much... its your game, its totally your call here my fellow players. really heavily trying to avoid anything railroading wise)

btw, whatever Jade's been working on / still working on... will be ready to go when you request the green light. (the rolls came in for the checks a while ago... )

Rostek
8 October 2005, 08:00 PM
Ohhhh you ;)

I'll IC a bit, just for kicks.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 October 2005, 03:30 AM
thats the spirit Rostek & Wylde!

locker inventory is in the rg2 website, equipment section.

:)

Rostek
9 October 2005, 10:54 AM
Sweetness!
I didn't see that. I suppose I'll requisition a pancho and U-belt... and do you guys think we'll need more explosive power, because I could tote a grenade launcher as well (Ronin knows how much I love the grenade launcher :D).

I'll edit this into my IC post.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 October 2005, 03:51 PM
Heheh Rostek, you should know, i'm partial to the heavier weapons too ;)

What you take is what you'll have onhand, we didn't put the lockers there for display purposes, so locker contents are fair game... You guys have what- a landspeeder or two, speederbike, and a cargo van (equivilant of a 3/4 ton chasis with a few benches the back half empty, and 2 floor storage spaces - don't forget those.) ... You have no reason to skimp. thats why i was askin if ya was gonna load out the van with gear and what not... ;)

I did start to whip up a pic of the van for ya guys, just hadn't the time to finish it yet... Maybe I can manage to get it finished by tonight even, considering for once I got home earlier than usual today... ;)

Lets just say we've got lots of stuff in the works for ya, and the website for our needs is almost limitless (only 4mb out of possible 200mb)... Thats why we're hoping ya all start getting in gear for it :)

I've yet to devise some method of keeping track of inventory on hand, so it'll be easy reference to lookup on the website. The site host may have some database features but i've no clue on codeing up a page like that, but is something i'll definately check into...

But yeah, thats what the rg2 homesite is for- easy lookup & reference, rather than having to dig through 500+ posts for stuff... Anytime we add anything content wise, thats what the page log is for on the lower main page itself... (just hadn't added anything for the past 2 months though).

Everyone's itching to get into action right?

Rostek
9 October 2005, 03:55 PM
Heheh Rostek, you should know, i'm partial to the heavier weapons too ;)

A bit too partial, as we just found out- though if (and that's a fairly big if at this point ;)) you survive the crash I suspect you'll have ample opportunity to use your various big guns :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 October 2005, 04:01 PM
heheh, yeah... shoulda just stuck with the rotary and let ronin crash us instead :p

Oh, almost forgot... Talked to Doc last night... Very good chance he'll be jumping back in and relenquishing Troy, hopefully will be very soon and right intime for everything!

Rostek
9 October 2005, 04:21 PM
heheh, yeah... shoulda just stuck with the rotary and let ronin crash us instead :p

Oh, almost forgot... Talked to Doc last night... Very good chance he'll be jumping back in and relenquishing Troy, hopefully will be very soon and right intime for everything!

Well, you may have at least spared Dutch the damage :rolleyes:
Frankly, I would have liked to see how he would have managed to come up with a decent reason to crash you guys without someone, say, dropping a grenade in the crew compartment on accident :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 October 2005, 04:34 PM
accident... fubbing a snake-eyes on both dice rolls... Ronin rolled 'em, not I. :p Short of a kimikaze airspeeder of sorts, probably anti-air laser or missle batteries, stationary or mobile would be my best guess. The sandstorm / low visibility one has already been used. :p

Back to Rg2.... be my guest, if ya need duffle bags to pack everything into, or bandoliers, theres probably a bunch in the lockers. Else those shipping / packaging will have to do :p Not an important detail, just figured i'd mention anyways.

someone asked about cover / foilage in the area? what you see in the provided pics, is what there is. Basically, yup - brush & foilage dotted/bunched around there :)

Vanger Chevane
9 October 2005, 08:28 PM
I suppose I'll requisition a pancho and U-belt...
ROFL Why would you fill out a form & ask permission when you can just go downstairs and grab it?

Ronin, a Bivouac is a Barracks-camp with a weird French name, one with a few more comforts than a poncho and some sticks in the mud.

Personally I found sleeping in a truck cab to be much more comfortable, unless it's in the desert during the day. :P

Rostek
9 October 2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane

ROFL Why would you fill out a form & ask permission when you can just go downstairs and grab it?

Ronin, a Bivouac is a Barracks-camp, one with a few more comforts than a poncho and some sticks in the mud.

Personally I found sleeping in a truck cab to be much more comfortable, unless it's in the desert during the day. :P

Well, he was a quartermaster in the Military- force of habit? ;)

It was a kind of sarcastic reflection on the state of their (our) operation, actually :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 October 2005, 09:58 PM
ahh.... didnt know that about bivouacs... makes sense for some basic weather sheltering...

If ya want tent like poles and stuff, ya know where to get'em from... grab a cutting torch and slice a few crates on the main floor ;)

darth_wyld
9 October 2005, 11:45 PM
Well... in the german Army (Bundeswehr) we cut out all the french additional silent letters and called it: Biwak! Muuuch simpler for us draftees :D

Ris
10 October 2005, 06:11 AM
In the IC, I will ask Ronin or someone to help with Kiry's gear selection outside of medical stuff b/c my computer isn't loading the site properly so i can't access the list for myself.

And I even know about those ponchos you can make into a shelter. I have one :D But I only know how to use it as a rain poncho.

Dr_Worm
12 October 2005, 06:02 PM
I know...it's a miracle....I posted!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, hey folks.

Rostek
12 October 2005, 06:48 PM
Holy moth- It lives! ;)

I'll just say that Eronn makes silent acknowledgement of Troy's assistance., since I don't want to confuse things in the IC ;)

EDIT: I just made Flag rank- huzzah!

Ris
12 October 2005, 06:50 PM
Welcome back, Dr. W. Gonna stay for a spell?

BTW, at the point your were posting, Tetengo wasn't there in the main area. I'd previously posted that Kyle had already take him to get a weapon & then go to the firing range.

Dr_Worm
12 October 2005, 07:05 PM
well I did the best I jumping in after so much had happened. just assume she said it before you left, and ignored Troy's "order" to feild strip the weapon.

Dr_Worm
13 October 2005, 12:13 AM
Okay I did some editing to fit it in to the timeline a bit more, and adressed Tatsu better. If you have already looked it over you might want ot re-read it a bit. Just the last half.

Ris
13 October 2005, 03:05 AM
N/P, Dr. W. It's more likely Kyle would have told Tetengo not to worry about dealing with the carbine--that he would be field stripping a weapon more to his size. (Which I'd think sohould be Kyle's prerogative since he is the "instructor" in this case.

Ronin
13 October 2005, 06:35 AM
Glad you're back Doc'!
Here was Terras playing Troy all cold and harsh, when we all know she's giggly and girly really, right!
...right?
.......right? #looks about#
;)

Oh, and Tatsu will help Seth with his equipment, just don't make me touch any of it!

Dr_Worm
13 October 2005, 07:02 AM
If you expect a consistancy of mood from that Twi...well you got another thing comming. LOL

darth_wyld
13 October 2005, 09:49 AM
You won't get around touching the equipment, when he takes it out it will fill the whole roo.... well, forget it...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 October 2005, 12:26 PM
Glad your back Doc, I sincerely mean it ;)

#cough cough# Too harsh one view, and too nice & slack & not witty enough from another view... You quickly forget about the skinpainting session hmm? She's Doc's baby, no question about it ;)

truck's in the garage, at most i've gotta rake the leaves outside the house... so i've the whole day to relax and resume working on some rg2 related stuff... finally!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
31 October 2005, 11:47 PM
just waiting on word back from doc.worm ... sorry for the delay again folks. word or post from doc and onwards we'll move onto mission1.

i'm about as anxious as the rest of you to get rolling...

Ronin
1 November 2005, 06:54 AM
Well, I tried PMing him, but it seems his PM box is full, so I'll do it here instead:
Happy birthday Doc' Worm!
Otanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu! :)

darth_wyld
1 November 2005, 07:02 AM
Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag as we say here...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 November 2005, 09:40 PM
sorry for the delays folks.... i think we can get back on the ball and go full steam ahead?

Erron's down at the van - claimed shotgun position front passenger seat, Jade is also there - working on adding new data to the van's camo unit, Troy's heading there right this moment. Van's getting packed with gear....

though i'd find it strange if erron dosn't have the slightest bit of curiosity what's being done to the van's unit, being they're both down there. (theres always a bit of room for small talk) ;)

btw, added Erron's pic to the profile roster ;)

i'll tally up the equipment lists, and add them to the equipment page - on character button - will open in the same frame as the main equipment list does.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 November 2005, 09:51 PM
Ok, made some changes, additions and updates to the equipment page. gathered your equipment lists, and organized into the 3 teams for easy conveniance.

Ris - if you typed up Kiry, Tetengo, and Kyle's equipment list, and i missed it somewheres, then point me to it. If not, then get one typed up ;)

max ordo
17 November 2005, 10:47 PM
combat gloves, comlink,computer(handheld),credit chip,datapad(+2 on comp bonus on int checks relating to Computer Use checks involving downloading. With related datacards +2 bonus on Knowledge checks,Stun Baton,Tool Kit (Fusioncutter,Vibrocutter,Hydrospanner,Laser Cutter,Sonic Welder,Power Calibrater,Power Prybar,Probe Sensors,Circuits and Connector Wires,Welding Goggles)
also a security sensor (he made) and life form sensor (he made) and 9 encrypted comlinks(he made)

Ronin
18 November 2005, 05:05 AM
I forgot, for Tatsu:
snooper goggles,
that bug-thingy the boys got and Tatsu took,
six power pack (one in his pistol, one in his stun baton, and four spare).

And EVERYONE should have a hands-free comm.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 November 2005, 08:26 PM
ok Ronin, will make those amends and corrections ;) ... guess you'll find out what exactly that item is.

- Rostek.... ye gonna make a few rolls for those id's?, once Erron's done in tha parlor that is :P

Rostek
18 November 2005, 09:13 PM
I figured you'd just make the checks yourself for the Forgery, as the RCRB recommends (but I could, I suppose).

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 November 2005, 12:15 AM
what, and do all the work for ya Rostek? :P naw. Our hands are tied with bringing / providing you a great game and more media content. :D B)

go ahead, roll'em.

General Group Notices:

The RG2 website (rt-ma.org) may be temporarily down due to new server switchovers by the host, which is out of our hands. was schedualed for nov 20th, but looks like they're a day ahead schedual... Well, can't complain about it, as its been given to us for free. Theres also been notification for request of updated payment information, not sure if that was system wide notice or what, but we'll find out what just is happening.

Not to worry, if its still out by sunday night or longer, I can redirect the RG2 site content back to my isp account webspace. Worst case scenario: my isp (shaw) account webspace may have to be the future home of the RG websites if they're to be kept banner & advertising free. Its worst case only due to i'm the only one able to do the file access. (i suppose there could be worse like angelfire or geocities with their forced crap on there).

On the brighter side of news, I am revising / adding to the equipment page. right now theres just the silver case, but that shall become a page for alot of things that are rare, special, given, prototyped, and mastercrafted. stats, description, quantity, whatever fits.

btw rostek, how many explosives didya craft anyways? (unless i missed it somewheres...)

max ordo
19 November 2005, 12:39 AM
forgot to list the silver case as part of Jades equipment. please make note of that. dont think we wanna get seperated from it at all.

Ris
19 November 2005, 04:35 AM
I'll get the trio's equip lists done sometime this weekend or the holiday at worst. But I really think the GM's should be doing the lists for the 2 npc's. (Yes, I'm lazy, so what? :))

Ris
23 November 2005, 08:33 AM
Kiry:
Medical kit
Surgery kit
Kyle's meds
Medical backpack (to stay in van)
datapad w/datacards (including medical, microbiology & chemistry)
Her Imp. sidearm (she's most familiar with it) & holster
commlink
Coveralls & ID
Her hunting clothing
Several sets of extra clothing/coveralls in various sizes (in case someone gets wet, so they won't stay chilled)
Bedroll
Rations

Kyle:
coveralls & ID
Heavy blaster pistol
holdout blaster (for Tetengo)
extra powerpacks (3) & energy cells (2)
commlink
macrobinocs or electrobinocs, if available**
toolkit
compass
datapad with whatever he could find in the way of games, fieldguides, etc (to keep Tetengo occupied), if possible
Bedroll
Rations
Binder cuffs (2)
1 box smoke grenades
Tent (large enough to share with Tetengo, if needed)

Tetengo:
Coveralls & ID
commlink
bedroll
rations

Kiry will issue 1 medpak (standard) & breath mask to everyone for the recon. If we decide to go in, she will have 3 additional Fastflesh ones available**. She makes sure Tatsu has the paralytic drugs still

_______
**I wasn't able to get onto the RG2 site when I wrote this post, so please correct me if I'm wrong about the availability of items

EDIT: constents slightly altered after receiving locker list from Terras

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
24 November 2005, 12:06 PM
wow, and i thought i had everything that the group could possibly need on the wharehouse locker list, and of all things, guess what? i totally forgot binocs! :P

no problem, i'll toss in a pair of electrobinocs for ya Ris. good thinking btw :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 December 2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
(OOC: GMs, do you want to make hide rolls for everyone concealing their weapons, or should we?)

hmm, 9 chars, eh, i can roll'em

forged id's - not sure if ya was gonna 'take10' or what, so i went ahead and rolled'em 9xd20+7 in dicemage ... considering the civie id dc's were in the doable range... did they all pass? Well, I guess we'll find out...

ok, i guess we're all pretty much ready to roll then? who's gonna be driving?

darth_wyld
7 December 2005, 12:41 AM
Where the ID's all of you listed made up or from the RG2-Homepage? I nedded to make mine up, couldn't get on the page right now, hope there's no problem with that.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 December 2005, 03:07 AM
just make up a name and title ;)

yeah the home page is down right now, been for the past few weeks now. host server is being switched over to another one...

darth_wyld
7 December 2005, 03:16 AM
OK, thanks!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 December 2005, 12:49 PM
heya, not sure if i mentioned this while back or not, but if you adjust / amend the adress bar string once your inside the thread,

"&threadid=16835&perpage=100&pagenumber=4"

gives ya 100 posts per page, and whichever page number.. really helps for backtracking something from an earlier post with using your browser's find/search feature - ctrl-f ...

works for this ooc thread too or any other, just start with "&perpage...." after the &threadid=#### number.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 December 2005, 12:58 PM
hmm, a game of hide & go seek eh? what a brilliant idea Ronin & Ris :)

IIRC, theres a grid on the wharehouse floor, i can miniturize the map and add numerical & alphabetical line numbering so every one knows where they're moving to hide to.

Would seem almost a game like "Battleship" with the one person calling out the numbers for guessing the locations... In this case, the character who's doing the "seeking".

do we wanna use search and hide rolls with this or not? i'll leave this choice up to you.

could be interesting, and fun fast paced mini-game, if all playing checked in at least daily. Seth, Erron, A&R heading out to the club, the rest partake in this little activity ;)

Ris
10 December 2005, 04:58 PM
TJ, it was all Ronin's idea. He didn't even consult me ahead of time--I just went along with it. It would be easier to handle it without rolls--& I like Battleship anyways

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 December 2005, 09:13 PM
OK!!!

For now, i've uploaded the RG2 site to one of my isp provider webspace accounts: Shaw.ca :
-= RG2 temporary new home here=- (http://www.members.shaw.ca/tiger.jadesfire/RG2/home.htm)

That'll have to do us for now. I'll further update you all if/when our regular host come back online.

Btw, i've uploaded a wharehouse map with the grid numbering, from A1 - X30

Ronin
11 December 2005, 04:59 AM
I was kinda hoping to use rolls actually...since Troy and Tatsu (I think!) are the stealthiest...thus they can teach the rest some lessons ;)
Heck, I'd suggest we use weapons (on stun) but I'm not sure Kiry would like her son getting shot even if it was on stun! :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 December 2005, 12:23 PM
its however you wanna play it Ronin. :)

I suppose i'll have to pipe ya Troy's skills stats, and she does have natural low-light vision.

Red5's just studying for the finals though will check in... so that should be good.

Being theres just you, red5, and ris, this should be lightning fast, if not multiple times a day potentially....if...you use one of the online dice rollers, have it email me a copy for authenticitie's sake and you could go roll'em and post'em the results.

The numbered grid map looks alright for yer use?

Now, if you all were this creative and initiative for everything else, you'd really be keeping us gm's on our toes :)

Ronin
11 December 2005, 03:10 PM
:)
Well, I think we'd best check in with Aunty first and tell her what's going on....
then we can let the games commence.
"Gladiators are you ready?!" :D
(sorry, it just reminded me of the old program)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 December 2005, 03:10 AM
go right ahead Ronin ;)

max - whoops, forgot about jade :o - what are ya gonna be doin? stayin or goin? (umm, they may need the silver case and have it hooked back up to the holo tv unit...)

Hey rostek - where are ya? gonna say anythin or do we just put ya in the speeder and...?

wyld - which vehicle ya taking?

darth_wyld
13 December 2005, 01:34 PM
Well... us four need to take one of the speeders... we had two of them, the one from A&R and the one belonging Adramé? Am I right? How about the ride of A&R?

Rostek
13 December 2005, 02:05 PM
A&R's ride sounds good to me...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 December 2005, 03:19 PM
A&R's speeder it is i guess then ;) kinda old, beat up here and there...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 December 2005, 08:26 PM
ok, update is out. :) hope you all enjoy :)

Heres a wee bit of trivia for bonus points, earnable by anyone in thise group:
1. Who is the featured person in the picture?
2. What's this person's most notably recognized role?
3. What does the words written in aurebesh spell?
4. What's this album's actual title? (yes, this is a cd album, been photoshopped out)

darth_wyld
17 December 2005, 01:56 AM
Don't know the lady, don't know role or album but the text calls her Leeta Latinum.
(I probably DO know her but do not recognize right now...)

Ronin
18 December 2005, 04:55 AM
Wasn't she in DS9? A Bajoran?
I didn' t watch much DS9 but she looks familiar...

darth_wyld
18 December 2005, 03:06 PM
Yes, she looks like Nana Visitor(Maj. Kira Nerys in DS9), but I can't find anything about her doing music...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 December 2005, 03:19 PM
site updates - music has been added to the bouncies page. go there, turn on yer speakers, sit back, relax and enjoy :)

I'll add one more bonus question: (multi part, no particular order)
5. One the bouncie's page, i've added a new media feature. 2 peices of music. Identify what they're from originally. each worth a point or two:
A. what serries & producer of serries ( 2 pts)
B. what episode title
C. each track name (2 tracks, 2 pts)
D. who composed the 2 tracks
E. who sung the tracks
F. what/where does the 2 tracks take place in the episode?

(Tip: those web savvy enough can find a clue or two clue on the page already. Those familiar with the serries or just has a darned good memory may have a slight advantage. All the info's freely availble on the internet. Happy hunting :) )

sofar:
#3 - wyld, 1 pt
#2 - ronin, 2 out of 3 pts

darth_wyld
18 December 2005, 03:53 PM
OK, I was just working on those.

A. Babylon 5, J. Michael Straczynski

B. Walkabout

C. All of me and Goodbye

D. Chris Franke, J. Michael Straczynski wrote the lyrics...

E. Erica Gimpel

F. A bar in DownBelow where Dr. Franklin meets the singer while on a journey to find himself.

And the DVDs for Season 2 are my christmas present for my mother (I love parents who are into SciFi...)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 December 2005, 04:08 PM
lucky you wyld :) takes #5 for 8 pts :)

i'll get a small update up there in a short while.

Rostek
18 December 2005, 09:36 PM
Love the site "update" :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 December 2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks! Glad your loving the bar & music selections Rostek! :)

the music is low quality 200kb & 300kb 16kbps / 11kHz mono... but still sounds not bad, remains reasonably speedy even for dialup accounts, and that its on my limited sized isp provider account...

I really enjoy tackling new stuff to bring/present for ya all, specially in the form of coding, content, layouts, as well as floor plans.

darth_wyld
18 December 2005, 11:54 PM
And it's fun without ending for us :D

max ordo
24 December 2005, 04:42 AM
Ok all sorry for the slow down but it is that time of year. RL is taking precedence right now. after xmas I will start posting more actively. thanks alot.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
24 December 2005, 09:52 PM
Merry x-mas everyone ;)
45min past midnight, and it's been a decent evening tonight. Hope everyone's having a fun and festive time as well as safe holidays!

holidays it always slows down here, so no worries ;)

Ris
28 December 2005, 09:16 AM
Hi all! I should have my internet service up again tonight. I prolly won't be on again til tomorrow since I work tonight. (At the library right now--my tax dollars at work :))

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
30 December 2005, 02:58 AM
Rostek, Wyld.... anything else conversation-wise before I do your next update? Rostek's post is left open-ended, I wasn't sure if you were going to reply anything to that Wyld.... and i'm taking x-mas seasonal break into account here...

if either of you want to converse/organize or pass a bit more time, your free to do so, else i'll get the next update for ya.... though i'd prefer to get word from both of you before i do asume doing the next update. I am pleased it is running smoothly :)

darth_wyld
30 December 2005, 03:00 AM
Eeerrr... I'm on it, ETA 5 minutes!

Wasn*t so much the holidays as work... some data went boink and I spent the time after christmas fixing it... worked out fine, back to regular processing today. :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
30 December 2005, 03:15 AM
christmas grinches & gremlins at it again huh? pesky things...

Also, regarding all things xmas holidays and gifts that go with it... Some (or all) of you are probably aware, theres the leveling up for character levels being handed out. its official - 3 levels for all those who started with RG2... and 2 levels for those who joined up sometime after.

I and Vanger are just deciding how to handle it as we're all just hitting mission 1 soon as the bar is done. If none of you mind waiting a bit for it. Whether we do the level up thing right for mission 1 or juist after it, thats what we're working out, as for most of you its a 3 level hike, with thankfully only a 1 level gap for some of the team members.

Ronin
30 December 2005, 03:19 AM
Woo-
-and indeed-
-hoo!

darth_wyld
30 December 2005, 03:21 AM
And definitly

BOO-
-and a-
-YAH!

christmas grinches & gremlins at it again huh? pesky things...

Most certainly YES! They've been around for all the month, since we had some major software updates and some of the developers seem to follow the paradigm of "Testing is for cowards!"

red5_5
2 January 2006, 04:12 PM
Hey everyone, I'm still here, the holidays were crazy. I'll get caught up ASAP! :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 January 2006, 06:42 PM
hey! glad to have ya back red!

yeah i know what you mean, holidays do get crazy.

well, i guess that only leaves doc worm on infinate hiatus, and still no p.m replies either...

Ronin
9 January 2006, 06:49 AM
Is Adrame gonna be the only one to play opposite me and Troy?? :D
Jade and Kiry'd better hurry up so they can join the fun...

Oh, what about Tetengo?

Ris
9 January 2006, 08:56 AM
I'm planning on playing, since I don't have a clue what Kiry's supposed to do to help Jade, anyways--and neither does she! If people are talking about incriminating the Moff, she gave the only ideas I could come up with ages ago. Sorry

Ronin
9 January 2006, 04:47 PM
No problem! :)
Oh, there's Kyle too I guess.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 January 2006, 07:56 PM
man , I ^^&%*&^%^% hate MegaShaft WindBlows XP! .....

ok, here's the scoop - my WD 18gb's kinda on its last legs, might last another year yet, hard to say. Suffice, i went and used some cash i got from birthday and the 2 xmas's and nabbed a nice'n'new WD 250gb hd... ata100, 7200 rpm, 8mb hd cache. an excellent buy too.

Dont worry, nothing's hosed yet. And all the important stuff like the RPG materials are safe on the 80gb Maxtor secondary drive.

I've got Symantec/Norton Ghost. its great for making perfect images of an hd or partition, as
well as useful for cloning drives & partitions...

Simple right?

when MegaShaft is involved, nope. be it home edition or Pro... seems that when I clone my 20gb onto the 250gb as a 20gb partition, the sucker wont load unless i have the 20gb hooked up to the system. as if the stupid windows has ingrained itself a boot drive id / hardware device serial # check...

Its a full day later and i'm still no farther ahead. just gratefull i've still got the WD 20gb to boot from til i fresh-install xp onto the 250gb... then copy over the email and etc and whole enchilada of creature-comfort settings...

suffice to say, i might be a day or two yet before i get back to doing an update for ya. (but at least all the important rpg material is safe)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 January 2006, 12:35 AM
OK, update on my situation...

as said, the hassle with adding a new hd as replacement windows boot drive... and re-install of a fresh XP...

Well, had a bit twist of fate to add to the matters...

No sooner than i start installing XP, do all 4 usb ports conk out, having resort to the usb-2-ps2 adapters... Fine, so my motherboards crapping out and i've at minumum another 2 weeks or more delay for getting tihs machine running and start going through the replacement options...

It certainly can't get any worse right?

Friday afternoon as I get back to browsing the holonets, getting caught up a week's worth of stuff, make a non-ingame post or two, and what not, i start smelling something burning... I dismiss it at first, but the smell just continues to linger and stink...

Groaning, I shut the machine off, open the case, start sniffing around, and looking at the motherboard for any signs of burning or possible visible damage caused by further malfunction / failiure.... board looks fine. And the stink apears strongest from the power-supply (the whole case interior lightly smelled with acrid burn smell - hey, i've got 5 case fans, 2x80mm, 1x92mm, 2x120mm - its a full height 26" floor standing full sized tower case here).

It takes about 45minutes to unwire and disconect all the cables and snip the tie-wraps, as I creatively had everything organized, tied up, wrapped up, and tucked away from the central area of the case (promotes optimal airflow and thermal distribution & cooling). unbolted the power supply from the case, and opened the unit.

First glances, mainly checking for burnt wire casings, exposed wire and pcb abnormalities, it seemed fine. But second glances revealed 2 smaller capacitors (not the 2 main huge ones) - their metal caps had peaked, and covered with brown goo - capacitor tar.... Problem found, and threat identified.

Gravity of the situation is this: if the cpu is the heart of the computer, the power supply is both the heartbead and the life blood of the computer. When a power supply finally goes, it can go silently, or it can go big, not limited to fire or smoke, but also taking the rest of the computer with it in one huge surge / spike. I'm just lucky i was home to catch it starting to smell, as i sometimes leave the maching running over night or leave it unattended as i run errands and such.

I phoned around for prices, found a decently priced local source. I had to run and do errands yet, meaning the computer had to wait until super when i got back. the afternoon came and went, i picked up a new power suply and went for groceries while i was at it. by 8pm i was home, and on the floor, re-wiring the new thing in, and pretty much the better part of an hour was spent tying up the cables once again.

checkout this awesome unit - CoolerMaster Realpower 450 (http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/CoolerMaster/Products.aspx?pid=1051) . It cost me all my rainy day reserves, an unexpected expense but by all means affordable compared to replacing the entire computer. Still can't get over this totally retro backlit analogue needle gauge that reports the computer's entire power load / drain on the power supply.

Interesting fact - however high the wattage rating on a power supply, only means how much it's rated for power handling / providing. And it will only draw / use as much power from your outlet as it requires to meet the machine's needs, and not the full specified amount the unit is rated for. Whether its a 200w, 450w, or 600w rated unit, if the machine only requires 100w to run, then thats all the unit is going to sap from yer wall outlet / surge arrest bar and not a drop more. And its always good to get a unit that's able to provide more than you need, for at least you have upgrading head room for power requirements. As well as the unit's built to handle said wattage so your current needs will be well below mininum stress levels of the unit.

ok, as for game updates, i'll get something done when i wake up ;)

Vanger Chevane
15 January 2006, 03:07 PM
Happy Birthday Max!

B)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 January 2006, 04:58 PM
Happy B-Day max! :)

darth_wyld
16 January 2006, 12:26 AM
Herzlichen Glueckwunsch zum Geburtstag, Max!

Ris
16 January 2006, 04:37 AM
Happy B-day, Max :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 January 2006, 04:29 PM
ok stay tuned, i'll try get an update for ya this evening ;)

Good news:
Btw, the rt-ma site is back up! :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 January 2006, 11:52 PM
heya, sorry about the delay... i'm hoping we can all get back and rolling along? :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
20 January 2006, 12:42 PM
slight detail - Aerex ain't moving from the table. Seth's either goin himself to ask or Erron had better join him ;)

darth_wyld
20 January 2006, 02:15 PM
Okay! I'll edit accordingly.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
20 January 2006, 02:25 PM
n/p

ugh.... got some site host hassles...

if: http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/home dosn't work, most assurdey, this one will: http://www.members.shaw.ca/tiger.jadesfire/RG2/

i think i'll just have to run the sites in "mirror" mode , meaning uploading site updates to both locations

:rolleyes:

edit - just updated sig to add main & mirror addys.

Vanger Chevane
20 January 2006, 02:29 PM
n/p

ugh.... got some site host hassles...

if: http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/home dosn't work, most assurdey, this one will: http://www.members.shaw.ca/tiger.jadesfire/RG2/

i think i'll just have to run the sites in "mirror" mode , meaning uploading site updates to both locations

:rolleyes:
Looks like my host crashed. :(

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
24 January 2006, 11:31 AM
for all those in the wharehouse, pm which grid squares your moving to. both i and vang are usually on daily, speedy results ensured ;)

Vanger Chevane
26 January 2006, 04:38 PM
Happy Bday Rostek.

Rostek
26 January 2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks much :D
I actually got the opportunity to have a pleasent meal (walked a half mile to a nice pizza joint in town... totally worth it), sos I'm in good spirits.
Darth- please, do the talking ;)

Ronin
26 January 2006, 04:49 PM
Happy belated Birthday man! Not sure how I missed it yesterday.
Glad you had a good time anyway. :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 January 2006, 01:49 AM
happy belated Rostek!

someone post eh? game can't move on its own :p

Ronin
28 January 2006, 03:08 AM
Well, I PM'd you mine and Troy's actions...that okay?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 January 2006, 01:59 PM
yup, those are fine. i coulda sworn i replied saying so. ;)

So... those in the wharehouse going to post ingame or just send me the pm's and i write up the updates with everyone's movements? Just depends how "battleship" or "cloak & dagger" ya want this to be ;)

Ronin
28 January 2006, 04:49 PM
How about we PM you our movements...
and you IC update what we can see etc? :)

red5_5
28 January 2006, 04:53 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I'll PM Terras soon. :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 January 2006, 10:47 AM
ok, got p.m's from Ronin & Red5 ... Just need one from you Ris ;)

Hey Wylde, where are ya? ;)

Ris
29 January 2006, 11:18 AM
TJ, I'll get you one late tonight. I'm not doing any posting for games til then. It's my little boy's (& budding RPG & mini's player) birthday.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 January 2006, 02:58 PM
no problem Ris. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Birthday party evening ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 January 2006, 04:01 PM
Uron Teff will be joining us, taking up the character of Kyle, formerly Ris's player/co-gm'ed character.

He'll be coming in whenever he's able to.

This was Ris's idea :)

So, Welcome!

red5_5
29 January 2006, 04:11 PM
Welcome Uron! :)

Uron Teff
29 January 2006, 04:24 PM
*bows*
Thanks for the warm welcome, folks.

I'm doing the character right now but due to the fact that the character is only level 4 at the moment I have to level Kyle up a bit - to level 6 as Terras told me.
And then I have to do the background write up - literally filling in the blanks. Therefore, gimme some time for the character and he'll be done soon. Promiss. :P

Rostek
29 January 2006, 04:31 PM
Teh c00lness ;)

Welcome to this disreputable group of miscreants, Uron.

I'd forgotten about the level up (seriously!). I'll have to get around to thinking about what I want to do with that...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 January 2006, 05:09 PM
the new levels wont go into effect until ya get to the mission1 site... and how long that will be, is how fast everyone (including us gm's) get the game gears turning ;)

Ronin
29 January 2006, 09:17 PM
Uron, you're that desperate to learn Tatsu's stats?! 8o
Just kidding. Welcome! Glad to have you along for the ride!

Uron Teff
30 January 2006, 01:19 AM
Desperate? Well I would say reckless.
I had to beat an old lady with a stick to get in this game.
Therefore:
Reckless not desperate... :D

Questions:
What about weapons and armor? Or shall I leave this blank?
If this is answered I can post the character (with the addittional two level).

:EDIT:
To spam this message with unuseful question I've edited the post.

Uron Teff
30 January 2006, 04:25 AM
There you go folks. Here is the advanced version of Kyle Tel without the whole gear list. The improvents from the "old" level 4 version of Kyle are marked in blue.

Kyle Tel: Adult Male Human, Scout 4/Noble 2; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Def 17 (+3 Dex, +4 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 44/15; Atk +6 melee (1d3+2, punch), +7 or +3/+3 ranged (3d8, Blaster [Heavy Pistol, BlasTech DL-44/Merr-Sonn 'Flash' 4]), +7 or +3/+3 ranged (3d8, crit 19-20, Blaster [Carbine]); SQ +1 dodge bonus to starfighter's defense against a specific target, Favor +1, Heart +1, Inspire Confidence, Noble bonus class skill (Bluff), Trailblazing, Uncanny Dodge (Dex bonus to Defense); SV Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +6; SZ M; FP: 5; Rep: +2; Str 15 (+2), Dex 16 (+3), Con 15 (+2), Int 11 (+0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 12 (+1).
Equipment: Blaster [Carbine], Blaster [Heavy Pistol, BlasTech DL-44/Merr-Sonn 'Flash' 4]
Skills: Astrogate +9 (+7 ranks, +2 misc), Bluff +6 (+1 Cha, +5 ranks), Computer Use +4 (+4 ranks), Diplomacy +7 (+1 Cha, +6 ranks), Hide +5 (+3 Dex, +2 ranks), Knowledge (Rebellion) +5 (+5 ranks), Knowledge (Tactics) +3 (+3 ranks), Listen +4 (+1 Wis, +3 ranks), Move Silently +7 (+3 Dex, +4 ranks), Pilot +14 (+3 Dex, +9 ranks, +2 misc), Read/Write Basic, Repair +2 (+2 ranks), Sense Motive +3 (+1 Wis, +2 ranks), Speak Basic, Spot +3 (+1 Wis, +2 ranks), Survival +4 (+1 Wis, +3 ranks), Tumble +6 (+3 Dex, +3 ranks)
Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Spacer, Starship Dodge (starfighter), Starship Operation (space transport, starfighter), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, simple weapons)

Or am I not allowed to post the stats here? ;)

Ris
30 January 2006, 11:04 AM
Yes, we post them in the ooc thread in this game. :)

Uron Teff
30 January 2006, 11:22 AM
Uron, you're that desperate to learn Tatsu's stats?!

That's why I asked. My dear old friend Ronin refuses to tell me the stats of Tatsu. Therefore I had to - as said before - beat an old Lady with a stick, blackmail Terras and bribe Vang.;)

But hey, thanks for letting me know that I didn't do something wrong. :D

darth_wyld
3 February 2006, 01:04 AM
Sorry for my surprising absence, my employer sent me on a training out of town, no real online connection... but I'm back!

BTW: Sach ma, Uron, verfolgst Du mich? :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
3 February 2006, 04:27 AM
understood. glad your back! will get an update a bit later today or evening ;)

Uron Teff
6 February 2006, 12:14 PM
Just to let everyone know. I've started the background but I haven't finished it yet. Yeah, I know I had a whole weekend time to do it. But Real Life (i.e. preparations for my exams in the next two weeks). Oh and the rest of the time my girlfriend kept me busy because she's moving into another apartment. And this means packing up stuff and everything.
Oh, yeah and there was another minor issue... The Superbowl.

Now you know what has happened to the promissed background. I don't know yet when I can finish it. But I'll try as soon as possible.

Uron :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 February 2006, 12:51 PM
well, i've been meaning to be getting a 'bouncies' update for the past couple days, just needed some time to sit down and type it (without constant distraction)

[edit] stay tuned, a bouncies update is being typed up!

[edit #2] Bouncies update is up!

[edit #3] This is sort of the chain mail / link shirt (http://www.space-debris.com/and_cobb_coat.jpg) Skye's wearing... if anyone was curious.

Dr_Worm
8 February 2006, 01:16 AM
[sneak][sneak][sneak]

[waves hand] You saw nothing! [/waves hand]

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
8 February 2006, 11:50 AM
Yup, Worm will be trying to get back into game.

Also, those in the wharehouse - another set of co-ordinates and the fun begins :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 February 2006, 03:53 AM
Do we wanna get things moving? We actually could get to the mission site before this month is over

Ris & Red - pm's please :)

Rostek..... Get your scampy little self in gear will ya?!? (before i start having to resort to jedi-mind tricks on ya)

max - a few rolls would be good for the stuff jaedo's puttin together... and possibly get somethin together of what's done by the time ya present it to the group. if its to be a scandalous thing regarding the moff, then do it as such. (pm or email it to me)

Uron - just read far back enough and do what you need to get a 'basic' idea how to handle Kyle. He's kinda quiet, reserved, has taken upon himself to help look after Tetengo. Kyle himself dosn't know the full extent of what he's been put through while captured. any personality shifts or quirks developed remains to be seen. (if any). Just handle him best you can, and its inevitable may be played slightly differently as everyone has their own unique way of handling characters. I'm not expecting you to handle Kyle exactly as I or Ris has, and our own two styles of Kyle are slightly different as well. Basically, every player has their own 'flavor' of playing. Bottom line - i'll be happy to see you get ingame :)

Dr.Worm - please catch up from where you last left off, at all best possible due speed. and let me know what sort of a posting schedual you'll be able to manage. I know your busy with nightshift and trying to get back into sw rpg'ing in general. I'll be fair with ya - i won't expect full sized novella length posts, and if just a few sentances or small paragraph is something you can manage for keeping a reasonable pace, i'll be happy :) Else, let me know youre still unable to do anything for said time of duration.

to be fair - i've never expected full length novella sized posts from anyone. while RP'ing beneficial, not every situation calls for it, nor do we always have the time-allotment to sit down and type it up. as long as ya post enough to cover the basics , thats fine.

I dont have that luxury though, as its my job to provide as best that i can, a full vivid gaming environment with most possible or essential details. and yeah, sometimes it can take a couple days to get the time to write and post it for ya.

and as always, if you know your gonna be out or just too busy for the next few days, posting a little note here, thats always appreciated. true, unexpected abscences do come up once in a while too.

i'm just anxious to get mission1 started, and hope everyone here is too!

Uron Teff
11 February 2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar & Raven
and as always, if you know your gonna be out or just too busy for the next few days, posting a little note here, thats always appreciated. true, unexpected abscences do come up once in a while too.

Well I think I made myself guilty of this one here. :(
To inform you guys and gals: I've been very busy in the last few week(s) due to University and other RL issues. Though you might have noticed that I haven't vanished from the boards, I never found really the time to read most of the old IC thread. Therefore I was "afraid" to do the background of Kyle without the knowledge of how to handle him properly. Better late than never I would like to appologize for my recent behavior.

:EDIT:
I just came back from my general mathematics test. Yes, we wrote this test on Saturday (from 1pm to 3pm).:mad:

Ris
11 February 2006, 11:34 AM
Uron, Kyle also has as much an eye for the ladies as any guy. Well, as well as I've been able to rp that:) He's not pursuing Kiry, as he appears to have stepped aside for Tatsu. But he will make compliments to the females & the like.

Note to all: starting next Tuesday, I'll be working 7 days a weeks, at least through most of March. Since I have a family this will cut into my time for posts, chat & the like.
I can handle some of the interative stuff that I usually do via chat by PM, if need be. A little slower than by live chat but that's Darth Real Life for you. I can also arrange evening time to chat if need be--just ask via pm of if you happen to see me online.

Rostek
11 February 2006, 11:39 AM
Sweet crap! I hadn't even noticed there was a new IC post up! My bad- I'll get to work on that ASAP. :rolleyes:

Rostek
11 February 2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Ris
Uron, Kyle also has as much an eye for the ladies as any guy. Well, as well as I've been able to rp that:) He's not pursuing Kiry, as he appears to have stepped aside for Tatsu. But he will make compliments to the females & the like.

And Uron, Kyle also knows better than to flirt too much with our Twi'lek infiltrator lady- or she might castrate you with a rusty spoon ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 February 2006, 12:00 PM
Rostek - when you type up your posts - theres 4 check boxes below the type window.
- Auto parse url's
- Email notification
- Disable Smilies
- Show signature

try the email option maybe? (thread subscription)

or check daily through all yer games your in, click the 'last post' and scroll up abit...

ya gotta keep tabs on the games your in.

Rostek
11 February 2006, 12:04 PM
when you type up your posts - theres 4 check boxes below the type window.
- Auto parse url's
- Email notification
- Disable Smilies
- Show signature

try the email option maybe? (thread subscription)

or check daily through all yer games your in, click the 'last post' and scroll up abit...

ya gotta keep tabs on the games your in.

I know about the email subscriptions, but haven't used them in a while because they clogged up my box... might have to reconsider.
I'm usually really good about checking- for some reason, I must of missed it. Ah well- I'm typing up a new post as we speak.

Getting molested by a Zabrak shockboxer chick requires more thought than usual :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 February 2006, 12:31 PM
Were this Tempest on one of its more active days - yeah i could see that :P my p.m box sometimes gets clogged the same way (and for every p.m, i get an email notification)

Well Rostek, ya just had to sneak in that knife didn't you? :P Ahh the fun of GM'ing. Wouldn't be quite as much fun if the players were told in advance what lays behind the next corner :D

Uron - its just polite courtesy to keep others updated on your status - especialy if you can, and if going to be inactive for a period of time. the nature of forum-based gaming, sometimes a player can totally drop-off from the radar , it may be two weeks, could become a month or more and never seen again. We had that case with Lopan, who played a Faleen character.

Dr.W's case is also another excellent example - he did drop off radar for most of the fall season up til recently. nobody knew what was up, turns out he changed internet providers, so any p.m's he wasn't getting unless he checked the holonets, which is something he wasn't doing either... male nurse on night shift. It would have been nice to been kept updated with this info.

And don't worry about Troy too much, if anyone's at risk of bodily harm its those two morons :D she can be a bit critical in judgement in times - more verbal than anything else unless really pushed too far.

Ris
11 February 2006, 12:34 PM
So did everyone see my note about the upcoming limits on my time?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 February 2006, 12:37 PM
yup, sure did ris!

Rostek
11 February 2006, 12:59 PM
Noticed- good luck with getting through that schedule, Ris, sounds hellacious.

And IC post is up- and I'm adding that interaction to my scrapbook of likely unique experiances I've had in a PbP.

Ris
11 February 2006, 02:59 PM
We need the money & at least I like both the jobs.

Also, start date is actually 2/21--a week from Tuesday. I got mixed up:o

Rostek
11 February 2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Ris
We need the money & at least I like both the jobs.

Also, start date is actually 2/21--a week from Tuesday. I got mixed up:o

I can relate to that- at least you like them... that'll help you to stand it, I'll wager.

Ris
11 February 2006, 03:31 PM
And the weekend one is a telecommute job proofreading medical transcriptions. So at least I can see my family while working. :)
The weekday one is my old favorite scoring essay exams.

Rostek
11 February 2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Ris
And the weekend one is a telecommute job proofreading medical transcriptions. So at least I can see my family while working. :)
The weekday one is my old favorite scoring essay exams.

Well that's good- in sight, in mind, after all :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 February 2006, 05:19 PM
your reply was one of the more priceless ones Rostek :D

will try get something up tonight !

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 February 2006, 02:30 AM
edit - will get something of an update between sometime after i wake up, (sat feb 12) and the following day - sunday.

just got back too late this evening to put something reasonable worthy of an update for bouncies.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 February 2006, 08:44 PM
and Bouncie's update is up!

hope to get a wharehouse one out soon as i get in all the map co-ords...

Hmm, this makes it post #486... with a bit of luck, maybe we can start the third IC thread as the actual mission underway?

Rostek
15 February 2006, 01:55 PM
I'll post up tonight, or tomarrow afternoon.
A rather precarious situation, wouldn't you say, wyld? ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 February 2006, 12:12 AM
and wharehouse update is up! ooooh, now things are getting interesting..... test of wits, luck, and judgement....

next round of actions and movements please :)

darth_wyld
16 February 2006, 12:13 AM
Yes, real precarious... so much to see.... :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 February 2006, 12:17 AM
The updated characters I have sofar are:

Kiry lvl6
Tatsu lvl7
Seth lvl7

Send'em my way via email or p.m at your conveniance. We'll be using the new levels soon as we hit the mission site ;)

If by chance you've sent them once already, i'm not finding them in my mail, p.m, or rg2 folders. So try resending them. Just be sure to label it char name & level for the title.

And yup, quick refresher - those who joined with rg2 - lvl7, and all those who came in after get lvl6. :)

Ronin
17 February 2006, 02:43 PM
I'm moving tomorrow, so I might not be back online until sometime next week...Terras, I think you know what tactics I have in mind for Tatsu in the warehouse, so feel free to NPC him if I'm away too long (which I hope I won't be!). I'll email someone if there's trouble anyway.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 February 2006, 03:27 PM
congrats on the move ronin ;) never a fun endeavor, but usually the resulted destination is hopefulyl worth it!

Hey ronin - your forgetting something - text messaging on yer cell ;) i can relay any game info to ya and vice versa for move actions ;)

Ronin
18 February 2006, 03:38 AM
(I still seem to have my connection tonight. Maybe they're cutting it tomorrow)

Well, if you wanna cut and paste it to my phone...sure! Cheers! Hopefully I won't be out of contact too long (a few days maybe). :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 February 2006, 01:00 AM
copy'n'paste is just about second nature this day and age!

ok, grid movements required for the wharehouse :)

also, but of a helpful reminder for everyone - considering most of the mission planing and related info was done in the late fall months. Theres probably little details everyone has forgotten.

Click the rg2 ic: 100 page view (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16835&perpage=100&pagenumber=5) , and go back to the mission1 planning posts. Brush up on the plans & details, as well as give page 5 a re-read. theres details and information that may be vital to recal.

Also it would be a good idea to go through the rg2 website, through the mission stuff thats there.

At the moment, this may not be too critical, but once we hit mission1 (should be very shortly now...) , then everyone's going to be scrambling to find the useful information. ;)

And always remember - the rg2 website is there for a reason. its a easy to use storage and display place for most of the important rg2 game information. :)

Rostek
19 February 2006, 02:04 PM
Edited my last post to include relevant info that I had forgotten (thanks GM ;).
Now, back off to bed- miserable throat infection (I feel like someone punched me in the trachea- how much like life). Those of you in my other games- know that I'll be out of it until Tuesday morning or so (that's my supposed recovery time of "sleeping, eating soup, taking pills and more sleeping). I'll check the net when I take my pills, but if I'm on... I might have forgotten to close the window before I went back to bed ;)

Peace out....

Ronin
19 February 2006, 11:01 PM
I'm back!
Cleaning the new place after the dirty [expletive deleted] who left it, but got myself connected to the internet! :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
20 February 2006, 02:38 AM
Wanna know somethin? I do the exact same thing when moving into a new place. First thing I do? unpack and connect the machine to the net! (relaxe for a bit then get to work on the rest of the unpacking.)

:D its quite possible you're connected using the dirty bugger's existing net connection, if by rare chance you both got the same or similar service from the same internet provider :D

(unless ya phoned and made sure the connection is indeed yours and re-routed to the new adress)

As for moving into an uncleaned place - yeah, that happened to me once. I really hate the move-out & move-in all on the very same day deal which usually is at the month's end...

My preffered choice when moving while renting, is chosing a suite or place thats already currently vacant. Book / reserve it the month before with the landlord, get all your stuff arranged to move in. This normally alows for you to be shown the suite. Unless you did a blind move - not viewing the suit first.

edit:

Group question:
hmmm, just noticed my rg2 update post is exactly #500 .... if were extremely near hitting mission 1, and namely only I, rostek & wyld posting (every one else silent pm'ing...)

Do we just keep going the little bit farther or start the new thread in the next couple posts? (after wyld & rostek's post)

I was hoping to start the new ic thread as the mission starter... but how many posts over 500 can we really do? i've seen a couple threads here over 500... so... ideas? comments? suggestions?

Ronin
20 February 2006, 02:52 AM
Well, it's pretty much clean now, thankfully. :)
Also there was a fair bit of furniture already in the place (the landlady bought the former resident's stuff)...I just wanna respray it black from it's current hideous green...and it'll be fine.
Can't complain about the two TVs and the video he left behind either! ;)

EDIT: I vote for waiting for mission 1 to start!

darth_wyld
20 February 2006, 03:13 AM
Wanna know somethin? I do the exact same thing when moving into a new place. First thing I do? unpack and connect the machine to the net! (relaxe for a bit then get to work on the rest of the unpacking.)

The place I moved into had nice spotty grey, formerly white walls... and the shower and the toilet were... 8o

And the first thing working was the internet.... :D

I vote for waiting...

red5_5
20 February 2006, 05:10 PM
I also vote for waiting for the mission to start. :)

Rostek
20 February 2006, 11:14 PM
I vote wait- I'll post tomarrow afternoon after I update my Tempest IC.

Uron Teff
21 February 2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by darth_wyld
The place I moved into had nice spotty grey, formerly white walls... and the shower and the toilet were... 8o

And the first thing working was the internet.... :D

Nice place. Reminds me of mine. :rolleyes:

BTW, Terras I'm done with University, for now, and I think I can do the write up. I don't know how long it'll take but I think I'll have it finished when the first mission starts - at the latest.

Oh... and I vote: Wait. Not that my vote would count... :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 February 2006, 11:26 AM
uron, when its called for a group choice, your part of this group.

even though we've reached majority consensus to 'wait' - 5 out of 8 votes, everyone still gets a fair chance for their opinion to be heard ;)

(well either 7 or 8 total - depending on drworm being the odd player out in this case.... )

will be looking forward for you to be ready and joining ingame for mission 1!

Ris
21 February 2006, 12:28 PM
Wait.

BTW< There's no real "rule" about 500 post limit. IIRC, this came about when one time a mod told one of the NNTBS people that it was easier on the server or something to keep threads at no more than 500 posts. But I like keeping the size of the threads down

Vanger Chevane
21 February 2006, 03:02 PM
Agreed, a thread over 500 gets a bit tough to search through and such, but in this case I think we should carry on a little bit, and start the new thread with Mission One. :D

darth_wyld
22 February 2006, 12:09 AM
Aahh, Rostek... too much Order of the Stick?

"Bluff, bluff, bluff the stupid troll!"

Ronin
22 February 2006, 05:02 AM
I love Order of the Stick! :D

Rostek
22 February 2006, 08:13 AM
Aahh, Rostek... too much Order of the Stick?

"Bluff, bluff, bluff the stupid troll!"

No such thing as "too much" OOTS exists B)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 February 2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Rostek

No such thing as "too much" OOTS exists B)

well, i'm fine with 'order of the stick' as 'ooc:' ingame post comments (and keep them as ooc comments) for as long as your prompt to make or prompt for skill checks. if you get a kick out of it while making the ooc skill prompts in that fashion, cool! good for you! :)

Why? I'd far rather have ya doing that than constantly having to nag you for skill checks. at least those character stats get put to actual use rather than just sitting there filled away and long forgotten.

;)

:edit: and a bouncies update will be posted shortly, along with a wharehouse update in same post. ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
24 February 2006, 08:41 PM
*looks around* why all quiet of a sudden? Gundark got your tongues? :P

there are options you know, like counter offers and other things. :)

and when paired up and in question, there's always the private messaging ooc & this ooc thread in general if and when either player is waiting on the other to make a first move of choice.

sometimes it really does take 'team-work' and communication between players ;)

Rostek
24 February 2006, 09:26 PM
Ja- busy over last few days.
I'll post tomarrow- promise :)

darth_wyld
25 February 2006, 01:12 AM
But... what are we going to do? What will we offer? Complete access to the accumulated data? On the other side... if Mirii came with us she would be great as a distraction... for Seth...:D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 February 2006, 02:16 AM
lets see, there was that 100cred chip Randyl dug out from his pocket.

if you dont wanna bring the friend back to the wharehouse, could always arrange something

possibly other options that elude me for the moment. type'm here or p.m rostek

Miiri to keep Seth distracted... from what, Adrame chasing Seth with whatever she's got in her hands at the moment? :P Either way, Seth's got an interesting situation there :D

whatever happens / is decided, i'm sure there'll be some real interesting dialogue between here and the mission site. oooh the roleplay! :D

red5_5
25 February 2006, 10:51 AM
Adrame would not be happy with the extra attention Seth gets from Miiri! ;) But it would be some good roleplaying. :D

darth_wyld
25 February 2006, 11:08 AM
Seth is already thinking about how to describe to Adramé what happened...

"No, he had the ugliest Twi'leks I ever saw! Honestly! And the Zeltron was... well... buttugly?"... can I rise my skill in Bluff before that?!? ;)

Ronin
3 March 2006, 05:15 AM
Miiri leans in close to the chair, whispers suggestively to Seth "I know where you could make a deposit"

Get a room! :D

Rostek
3 March 2006, 07:42 AM

Get a room! :D

That's the implication (or at least I hope so, not that Eronn would necessarily mind the show, natch :P).

Uron Teff
6 March 2006, 07:27 PM
Well folks character background submitted and accepted. Therefore you can count on me when Mission One starts (i.e. in the new IC thread).

Prepare yourself for a new factor in this concert of mayhem and insanity! :P

Ris
9 March 2006, 06:47 PM
Mon. 3/20 will be the last date I check/post since we will be leaving early, early, early on Tues. 3/21 & I probably won't be back on until at least afternoon Sat. 3/25.

Ris
13 March 2006, 06:23 AM
"I would be charmed" Eronn replied- keen for a free meal that hadn't been scraped from a ration pack (even if prepared by the good Doc...). Rostek, IC.

Hey, per the GM's long-ago post on the contents of the warehouse base, Doc Noor has been fixing meals from high-quality, tasty ingredients that most assuredly did not come out of a ration pack! And she will be providing proper picnic food and drink for at least the earliest stage of the mission.
So there!

;)

Rostek
13 March 2006, 11:26 AM
Perhaps Eronn's palette is so degraded from his most recent "Special Operations" business (i.e. spending the evening in a dumpster) that he couldn't tell. :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 March 2006, 05:50 PM
anyone else going to be away for the next while for the duration of spring break? ;) just askin.

guess this month is just kinda on the slow side of things, with everyone got stuff to do.

Uron Teff
16 March 2006, 01:10 AM
Well I'm still here. And I will be here in the future. :rolleyes: ;)

Ris
16 March 2006, 03:21 AM
There's not that much for Hide n Seek Group to do--guess it was jsut one of those things that sounded good in theory, but didn't work out so well in practice. Bummer
On the other hand, Grope Group seem to be enjoying their side adventure, & seem to want to keep it going.
Plus, I'm flying out in the wee hours Tuesday morning & my weekends are pretty busy with the new job.
With all of these factors, I don't plan on checking in here again until I get back. Maybe then things will have advanced enough for Kiry to have something to do. (Seeing as I often IM Vanger, I'm sure he'll let me know if that changes before my trip.)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 March 2006, 12:17 AM
ah, only need grid movement replies per round for the wharehouse. thats all there is to it. ;)

soon as i get the next set, i'll update wharehouse.

those at bouncies - you guys waiting on me now?

darth_wyld
22 March 2006, 05:25 AM
those at bouncies - you guys waiting on me now?

Well, Seth is staring at the spotlights... eer, he is looking at Miiri like she is the car with the spotlights... and a nice chassis, no doubt... and ... well, forget it...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 March 2006, 07:10 PM
Seth is staring at the spotlights. :D yeah, that's a suitably ample term for it (grins)

alrighty, will get something out in a while. possibly in a few hours or when i wake up. wasn't sure if anyone else was 'out on break' considering ronin was out and due back in a few days just as ris will be taking off....

Guess i'll just have to handle tatsu & ris til either get back.

Uron - game will be resuming shortly.

Red5 - need a movement from ya from last previous p.m sent.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 March 2006, 02:09 AM
Ok, will get back in gear in a short bit ;) just gotta re-read the last page or two to refresh and get back to speed where we last left off. gotta get back into the 'mood' of both game segments :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 March 2006, 10:38 PM
Ok group choice here - being it the ending of march and april just around the corner...

What do you all want to do?

1. quickly finish these 2 activities fast as possible?

2. Prefer us GM's to just quickly fast forward it to where Erron & Seth arrive back at the wharehouse, and in the wharehouse the game pretty much wrapped up?

The choice is yours, majority of the votes voiced here wins ;)

Uron Teff
29 March 2006, 12:34 AM
Well as the "new" guy who hasn't played his character yet. I'd say that the second oportunity is very tempting. But nonetheless the second option would reduce the RP-fun for Rostek and the other german. After considering this I have to say that I'll stick with the first chooseable option ("quickly finish these 2 activities fast as possible?").
I know that it might take a while till the first mission finally get started, but I guess this is the only option which does not cut any freedom of choice for any participating gamer.

Cheers! :)

Ronin
29 March 2006, 06:21 AM
Hmm...well, the warehouse game is dragging a bit...I don't mind option 2 (but either is fine really).

darth_wyld
29 March 2006, 06:23 AM
Greetings from the "other german"... :mad:

I'm fine with both!

Ris
29 March 2006, 06:50 AM

Uron Teff
29 March 2006, 08:00 AM
Greetings from the "other german"... :mad:

I'm fine with both!

Well let me rephrase, wylde:
"[...] the first german who was in this game [...]" :P

darth_wyld
29 March 2006, 01:09 PM
... a small step for a 'Murican but a giant leap for Krautkind? :P

Rostek
29 March 2006, 03:26 PM
I have no objections to skipping- the "other" events aren't terribly relevant to the mission and would just be "small talk". I'm fine with waiting a few days for the other group to finish up, though.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 March 2006, 08:30 PM
Ok, majority is for option #1 sofar...
so lets try and get this on the ball eh?

we could get this wrapepd up quick if we attempt something like a daily pace (at best conveniance considering the large differences in the timezones)

so keep you eyes peeled.

-edit- alright, bouncie's update is out, brought the thread back up from the depths near end of page 2, rapidly aproaching forum page 3... And will have the wharehouse update soon as possible, awaiting only one tiny p.m ;) , wharehouse update will most assuredly be out sometime later today.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
30 March 2006, 05:30 PM
ohyeah, the wharehouse scene is back on the move!

and just hammering out a bouncies reply too...

stay tuned, updates for both will be done shortly (aprox an hour or less)!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 April 2006, 02:01 AM
well bouncie's boys.... i can bring ya back to the wharehouse anytime now... ;) pretty much wrapping up the wharehouse festivities ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 April 2006, 12:26 AM
I talked with coldskier a bit... There wasn't anything for chase rules while being on foot in the rcr that I could find... so we managed a improvised Bantha Rush & Grapple into a Bantha Chase & Tackle...

Otherwise it would have been a non-stop chase until either opponent gets winded / tired...

Kinda dumb - theres bantha rush for charging head-on as han solo did once... but nothing really for a foot chase down the street or back alley, which more often than not is likely to happen in sessions than a foolhardy charge... :P

Uron Teff
7 April 2006, 01:48 AM
But the question is now:
Is Kyle out of the race or is there still a chance to escape? Just curious on the answer.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 April 2006, 02:03 AM
well, kyle's prone on his stomach, and troy's ontop of him - on his backside.... effectively pinning him...

I'm not quite sure what the rules were regarding the wharehouse cat & mouse game was once your caught... This minigame was Ronin's idea :P

In 'hide and go seek', when your found, your caught...

I do know this however:
If kyle tries to wrestle his way out, then its an opposing str check...

I'm sure Troy would just love that. :D couldn't garuntee what happens though, or especially how rough or playful she'd be.... Knowing Troy, rough and playful are probably the same thing... And I can't make any garuntees, considering Troy thinks fair treatment to those two 'spice heads' is hanging them upside down by their testicles with fish hooks... :D

I guess its your call...

Ronin
7 April 2006, 06:06 AM
I had thought of it as when-you're-caught-that's-it, but hey, fight for it if you want! :D

Maybe, with mommy's permission, next time we can try it with blasters set on stun...

Uron Teff
7 April 2006, 06:13 AM
I do know this however:
If kyle tries to wrestle his way out, then its an opposing str check...

I'm sure Troy would just love that. :D couldn't garuntee what happens though, or especially how rough or playful she'd be.... Knowing Troy, rough and playful are probably the same thing... And I can't make any garuntees, considering Troy thinks fair treatment to those two 'spice heads' is hanging them upside down by their testicles with fish hooks... :D

I guess its your call...

I'll take your challenge. Kyle will not go down without a fight (not literally). Why should he? ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 April 2006, 01:21 PM
Maybe, with mommy's permission, next time we can try it with blasters set on stun...

Tatsu hankering for some artificial recesatation? :D :)

Well, since Kyle challenges, Troy will respond accordingly as she feels to it...

Never a dull moment.... in rg2... :)

Rostek
7 April 2006, 04:46 PM
Well, since Kyle challenges, Troy will respond accordingly as she feels to it...
Never a dull moment.... in rg2... :)

Well, since this:

The Huntress hot on her prey's heels. Just 2 meters behind, now that theres a straight and open path, she gives her stride that little extra needed push, closes the gap on her target- reaches, grabs hold and brings him down! He crash-dives to the floor, while holding firm on his backside...

Nothing broken as Kyle's a big tough guy, nor was Troy being mean... At most, a couple of minor scrapes. Still revved up from the thrill of the chase and catch, "Gotcha..." Troy breaths huskily before begining to wind down...

Sounds like the beginning of an amateur pr0n story attempt, and combined with the **cough** "unpleasantness" at Bouncies, I suppose we should be surprised by any forthcoming "escalation"

Rostek
7 April 2006, 04:46 PM
Damned double post!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 April 2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Rostek
Damned double post!

(SNICKER SNICKER!) Gotta love karma... Repeat, thats Karma... not kama sutra... (unlike a certain group member here would like to beleive) :D

Sounds like the beginning of an amateur pr0n story attempt, and combined with the **cough** "unpleasantness" at Bouncies, I suppose we should be surprised by any forthcoming "escalation"

One could describe Kyle's physical build to be as a husky lookin' fellow... Well built, broad shouldered, etc.

Well Rostek, I guess you've missed the key words 'thrill of the chase' ... when's the last time you've run full bore, come to a sudden stop and tried saying something, before you body's had a chance to throttle down? :P

Btw, I guess I gave away one of the trivia answers - the bouncie's lobby poster album cover is called "Thrill of the Chase" by Chase Masterson... :P

Rostek
7 April 2006, 07:30 PM
What can I say? You've made me paranoid, Terras :P

Uron Teff
8 April 2006, 10:17 AM
(SNICKER SNICKER!) Gotta love karma... Repeat, thats Karma... not kama sutra... (unlike a certain group member here would like to beleive)

Hera, here!

I always thought that you were a strong supporter of the Spanish FLy. But hey... who knows? ;)

Just kidding and sorry for pulling this thread to subject we all don#t want to discuss. ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
8 April 2006, 09:18 PM
Lol Uron :P

Uron Teff
9 April 2006, 04:27 AM
Well Kyles sacrifice wasn't useless. Tetego is in and Kyle has distracted the hunter(s) long enough that this was possible. Now all I have to do is save Kyle, somehow...

Are stun grendaes allowed in this game? I'm sure Kyle has one in his hand right now. ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 April 2006, 03:30 PM
lol. i'll call off Troy then, sofar she has been more bark then bite ;)

It was worth a good try trying to break free with a wrestle tho- and almost worked save for luck of the dice, it tested Troy's hunter prowess a bit there ;)

See Rostek? different characters, and different situation... :P

Vanger Chevane
9 April 2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Well Kyles sacrifice wasn't useless. Tetego is in and Kyle has distracted the hunter(s) long enough that this was possible. Now all I have to do is save Kyle, somehow...

Are stun grendaes allowed in this game? I'm sure Kyle has one in his hand right now. ;)
And just how do you plan to get Troy well enough within the area of effect without making Kyle unconscious or so out of it he's like a drunken nerf caught in the glowbeams for Tatsu? :P

Rostek
9 April 2006, 09:07 PM
lol. i'll call off Troy then, sofar she has been more bark then bite ;)

It was worth a good try trying to break free with a wrestle tho- and almost worked save for luck of the dice, it tested Troy's hunter prowess a bit there ;)

See Rostek? different characters, and different situation... :P

So you claim... so you claim... :P

Uron Teff
10 April 2006, 04:08 AM
Nonetheless the sentence about the Rebel torture techniques was very mean.:(
This will have consequences! ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 April 2006, 11:45 AM
That's just Troy talking ;) She's a real hard-case. Recal what she said to Seth about 'his equipment' ? or just about tore Tatsu's head off in mis-directed venting?

Ris
10 April 2006, 01:11 PM
All the Rebels do is put them in cells that share walls with the Mess Hall's pizza ovens!!!

Last year, at Star Wars Weekends,we went to the big Legos Store at one of the Disney shopping villages & they had a big Star Wars Legos display, a whole Rebel base was part of it. The display used all kinds of Legos sets and figures, not just the SW ones. For example, the base had a snubfighter hangar with the Legos snub models, hospital with Lego doctors and nurses examining snubjocks, and the above mentioned Mess and Detention Block. The mess was mainly from the Legos pizza parlor set and the nearest prison cell had an Emperor's Guard in it, overheated I'm sure, from wearing those velvet robes so close to the pizza oven.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 April 2006, 03:12 PM
Thats cool Ris! and crafty idea :D

Ris
11 April 2006, 05:18 AM
TJ -- Legos has people who are paid to do that kind of thing. Wish I had a job like that. Essays & medical dictations can get kinda, well, tedious. We'd love to set up something similar. Te rest of the display was aboveground, in a mice park. The Emperor & Court were having a picnic. And there were some clones & stormies swimming in ponds -- with a Legos alligator & Chewie. :D It was amazing what all little things they had in it. I'm still wondering if the pizza on the Imperial Picnic Table came from the Rebel Pizza Hut.

Uron -- Please remember the source of the "Intel" on Kyle's "fantasies." A 13 year old boy. And 13 year olds (of either gender) are lacking in things like insight and sense. ;) But while I had control of Kyle, he did say something about Troy being hot to Tetengo, & this is what the boy recalled.

Uron Teff
11 April 2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Ris
Uron -- Please remember the source of the "Intel" on Kyle's "fantasies." A 13 year old boy. And 13 year olds (of either gender) are lacking in things like insight and sense. ;) But while I had control of Kyle, he did say something about Troy being hot to Tetengo, & this is what the boy recalled.

I know. It not that I haven't dealt with teens before. :)
I guess Tetengo could be lucky that Kyle doesn't know that he's the mole who passes highly classified intel info to females. ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 April 2006, 12:32 AM
heya guys & gals, sorry about any delays regarding updates...

i know we've had 2 players quite litterally fall off the radar: drworm & max ordo... the characters will still be coming along as npc's for mission1, so thats not changing anything of the mission plan...

We may be getting a new player - new to the holonets. but an old friend of mine & vangers from our early '02 rpg'ing sw & robotech crossover gaming days... (which was the very first semi sw rpg i ever played, which at the same time is when i found the holonets and was looking up sw rpg material & stats... )

he'll be coming in durring mission1 most likely... just gotta get him to login or whip up a new user account ;)

darth_wyld
12 April 2006, 12:44 AM
TJ -- Legos has people who are paid to do that kind of thing. Wish I had a job like that.

I once saw a report on TV about the application-tests for Legoland in Bavaria...

First they had to build a sphere out of standard-issue bricks, then a cat. Those two tests really showed who had talent...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 April 2006, 12:51 AM
sounds cool Wyld, never ever saw anything on tv featuring legoland...

darth_wyld
12 April 2006, 12:56 AM
Well, since Lego is danish it's a bit closer to us... we have two Legolands within reach (one in Bavaria, and the original one in Danmark) so I think it's a bit more famous over here?

I don't know if Lego is quite the hit in the States (or Canada) as in Germany...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 April 2006, 01:13 AM
i've had lego sets since i was a kid, no trouble fnding it - if a store has a toy section, then its got legos... or even down the grocery isles, there'd sometime be those small tiny packages of lego bionicle or whatever...

but other than that.... don't know of any legoland sites in canada...

Btw, the player's online name is usually Sturm (not sure what variation he'll sign in here as).

Btw Sturm - when ya read this, if any q's ya know how to get ahold of me over YIM. also theres also my email listed, as well as can use the forum's private messaging feature. Character lvl6, and 35pt buy for abilities.

darth_wyld
12 April 2006, 01:15 AM
Just did a bit of browsing on lego.com. Only 4 Legolands exist... one in Denmark, one in Germany, one in GrBritain and one in the States...

Uron Teff
12 April 2006, 03:16 AM
Well I love to walk trough the toys area where the Legos are. Especially after Episode 1 and the new Star Wars Lego I enjoyed Lego more then ever. And additional to this Lego figures can be used as "Star Wars Minitures" though they aren't much cheaper as the original "toy".

Ronin
12 April 2006, 06:35 AM
My first ever trip abroad was to Denmark, to Legoland, aged 7...ah, nostalgia! :)

Never knew there was a Legoland in GB!

We've got Lego over here too.

Ris
12 April 2006, 01:48 PM
The US Legoland is across the country in California, so I doubt I'll get there any time soon. :(

We all love Legos. I just got a couple of the B-wing sets for me & hubby. (Don't tell him I've got myself a squint as well.)
For the record, the kids have enough Legos to build us a house, so they aren't being deprived, either.

Ronin
13 April 2006, 05:49 PM
I'll update tonight, gotta go to work now :)

Sir Squirrle
13 April 2006, 07:50 PM
hay vanger,jades. it's me sturm

Ronin
14 April 2006, 06:14 AM
Welcome Sir! :)

Uron Teff
14 April 2006, 06:18 AM
hay vanger,jades. it's me sturm

Bonjour monsieur. :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 April 2006, 01:17 PM
alright! hop to it! you all have til evening, or up til next evening (whichever had been arranged... be darned if i can remember at the moment. don't have time to look back for it either) to do what you all need to do, any last minute things, etc...

everyone (except Sir Squirrle, for the moment) get in a post or few, then when everyone's ready - by being packed, loaded and sitting in the van... it'll be Show time! Yeah!

Uron Teff
17 April 2006, 09:19 PM
I'll try to post this evening Central European Timezone. Just wanted to let you know.