PDA

View Full Version : IC: Mission: The Blackened Throne



Almaster
15 August 2005, 06:12 PM
“They have arrived sir. The last ship set down approximately 27 seconds ahead of schedule. They are docked at platforms A18, G13, C22, M5 and Y9.”
“Excellent Guri. Send a protocol droid down to meet each of them. Make sure it has the proper surveillance equipment and programming. I want them all taken to level sub level Sierra as soon as possible, in separate turboshafts if possible.
“Sir, as per security standards, there is only one turboshaft that reaches level Sierra.
“Of course. Thank-you Guri. Please inform me as soon as they have entered the turbolifts. Also, try to sound less computerized.”
“Of course.”
----------------------------------
“This way if you please, sir. My master is waiting for you,” the protocol droid quipped. The doors slid open to reveal a narrow but tall passageway.
“Please stand on the yellow square and prepare for a security check. Failure to comply will result in your immediate computer controlled disintegration.”
”Search complete. No restricted equipment detected,” droned a computer voice.
“This way please,” the protocol droid chirped.
The passageway continued for what seemed like a mile, passing countless doors and staircases, but the droid pressed on. Finally, it stoped at a large intersection of 7 different passages. In the center of the circle stood a turbolift shaft. As the droid emerged, another 4 looking just like it did as well, and all five of you meet.
But before anyone can begin the pleasantries, the door to the turbolift slides open, and what all of you recognizes as Xizor’s personal assistant Guri emerges.
“Welcome,” she says. “Please follow me.”
She steps into the turbo lift, and you step in after her. With a jerk, the lift whips downward at what seems to be the speed of light. Seconds later, it cracks to a stop and the door slides open, revealing a large conference room. Large screens sit on the walls in-between doors (all of them shut) that lead off from the room. A large table, complete with holo-projector sits in the middle. Six chairs surround it, one of them occupied by none other then Xizor himself.
“Welcome,” Xizor says. “No needs to introduce yourselves, as I know who you all are already. You have proven to be the 5 most talented people I could find for this delecate quest I have for you. If you complete it, you shall have power and wealth beyond your wildest desires. It is a nice quiet assassination job…and the target is this person.”
Xizor flips on the center holoprojector, and a revolving image of Emperor Palpatine appears.
“You must eliminate him. If you can do so successfully, I will answer any questions about “why” that you may have. If you do so…I will reward you with immeasurable wealth.” Xizor pauses, probably to add dramatic effect. “To assist you, I have pulled my finest equipment together. It is located in the doors around us. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Guri, or if you need something special, myself. Use this comlink,” Xizor places a comlink on the table. “I must be off now. Good luck to you all.”
And with that, Xizor sweeps out of the room, followed by Guri. The room is empty. The image of Palpatine revolves in the center of the table.

chiefcaptin
15 August 2005, 06:59 PM
“Welcome,” Xizor says. “No needs to introduce yourselves, as I know who you all are already. You have proven to be the 5 most talented people I could find for this delecate quest I have for you. If you complete it, you shall have power and wealth beyond your wildest desires. It is a nice quiet assassination job…and the target is this person.”

Ellan sits in aw. His jaw is slightly ajar as he stars blankly and the hologram.

ELLAN: Well that was interesting.

ELLAN: So time for introductions.

Says Ellan, claping his hands together and geting up.

ELLAN: I'm Ellan Yinze, Sniper, but my friends call me "The Iron Shot"

Lucas Carr
15 August 2005, 10:23 PM
Prince Xizor had summoned him, a protocol droid and then his assistant had led him, and as it turned out the others, to the Prince. And then he had said six things. He knew us; the mission, which was to assassinate the Emperor; the reward, which was to be substantial but given without detail; where the equipment was and how good it was supposed to be; to contact Guri with questions; and himself for requests for equipment. He’d even left them a comlink to use. Short, to the point, effective use of his time. But he didn't cover intelligence. And for a mission like this, they would need a lot of intelligence.

He looked at the other four, sizing them up. He didn't know any of them. Didn't know what they were capable off. They were supposed to be good. But good at what. They needed to train together to learn and to know so that they could act at optimum capacity together.

And they needed to plan. And it needed to be a good plan.

And then one of the others introduced himself. It was an old guy, though the gray still was only in his eyes and not his hair. Short and not a lot of muscle on his bones. Not what he expected from a sniper. But appearance was fleeting.

Rand had traveled inconspicuously as ordered, choosing to wear a dark gray shirt, with light gray semi-continuous lines, black trousers, and boots. He was carrying a small dark green bag, while his bright green eyes almost where a source of light unto themselves.

“I’m Talon,” Rand said. “That’s what everyone calls me and I’m a combat medic.”

boccelounge
15 August 2005, 10:47 PM
--------------------
The young woman in simple black fatigues (http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=542) could not look more uncomfortable. During the turbolift ride, she seems determined to press herself into the plasti-steel walls of the car.

Despite her youth, her light freckles, and her awkward shyness, in her watchful green eyes is revealed a deep intelligence, and an unseen toughness.

Then she sees Xizor.

For a moment, all the toughness melts away, and her posture shows that every muscle wants to run, flee, hide.

Then the eyes turn cold, and dark.

Given what her body language tells, it is testament to her resolve that she does not flee, does not hide. She meets the tall alien's lofty gaze with a steely look of determination. And hatred.

Miira seems hardly to listen to the mission briefing, and if she feels any shock at learning their target, it does not register outwardly. Always she is watching Xizor, studying every move, memorizing every inflection.

When the Prince leaves, it is as if the air returns to the room at the same time. No longer a cornered predator, Miira slouches back into her chair, a study in uncalculated ease.

She waits for the others to make their introductions.


Originally posted by chiefcaptin
ELLAN: I'm Ellan Yinze, Sniper, but my friends call me "The Iron Shot"

This elicits a short, quiet giggle from the girl-- her first vocal response. She turns slightly to the character next to her-- not making eye contact, but whispering so he can hear. There's a mischievous mirth to her voice:

MIIRA: Did he just say we should call him "Iron Snot?"

--------------------

PsychoInfiltrator
16 August 2005, 03:28 AM
(I'll make the assumption that Mira was talking to Dray.)


“Welcome,” Xizor says. “No needs to introduce yourselves, as I know who you all are already. You have proven to be the 5 most talented people I could find for this delecate quest I have for you. If you complete it, you shall have power and wealth beyond your wildest desires. It is a nice quiet assassination job…and the target is this person.”
Kill the Emporer? Perhaps he wants Vader on the side.
QUOTE][
[IIRA: Did he just say we should call him "Iron Snot?"
{/QUOTE]
"No, he said he shoots only heavy, unrefined chunks of metal at people and wants to be known for it." Dray responds.
"In most of the galaxy, I am known as ChaosKiller One, on Coruscant, I am Deltadark. You may call me Commando Rakon."
Dray pears through his sculpted shadowsilk mask, watching for any glimmers of recognition. Dray had come in his full combat gear, just in case Xizor had shown any weakness. Any weakness.

Tiburon4
16 August 2005, 11:10 AM
Cory looks around the room as everyone introduces themselves and thinks to himself ..... I need a cool codname!

Aloud he says
"My name is Cory, but I guess you can call me Hack."

Mentally he starts listing the resources he will need to get into the imperial palace.

"Is this mission even possible? We are talking about the most well gaurded man in the galaxy."

boccelounge
16 August 2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
(I'll make the assumption that Mira was talking to Dray.)

"No, he said he shoots only heavy, unrefined chunks of metal at people and wants to be known for it." Dray responds.
--------------------

MIIRA: Hee hee... "snot."

--------------------


"In most of the galaxy, I am known as ChaosKiller One, on Coruscant, I am Deltadark. You may call me Commando Rakon."
--------------------

Miira nods gravely at this statement. She can see this is a very serious man.

MIIRA: I'm "meer-ah." I was supposed to have the codename "Green Fox," but the soldiers always called me "Kid." S'okay.

--------------------


Originally posted by Tiburon4
"My name is Cory, but I guess you can call me Hack."
--------------------

Miira mumbles, almost to herself.

MIIRA: Ooh... "Hack." That's a cool name.

--------------------

chiefcaptin
16 August 2005, 11:38 AM
"Is this mission even possible? We are talking about the most well gaurded man in the galaxy."

ELLAN: Well it is if we know the exact symatics of the palce, we have a 100% garentee he's in there, we find a way to shut down every security system there is plus the best equipment possible. Equiptment is good but everything else is red. So where do we get these things?

Lucas Carr
16 August 2005, 12:02 PM
"You say the equipment is good and you haven't even seen it yet. I don't take anyone's word except my own when it comes to the equipment I'm going to use. It's my life after all. Not there's."

Rand made a short pause before continuing.

"And I have to concur that this mission is possible with the right intelligence, the right equipment, the right training, and the right talent. If you have that, nothing can stop you."

chiefcaptin
16 August 2005, 02:40 PM
ELLAN: Agreed then, okay

says Ellan snaching the comlink off the table.

ELLAN: Time for some info

Ellan switchs on the comlink

after a couple rings

ELLAN: Hello there miss, we need more information on the mission if we are to do it correctly.

PsychoInfiltrator
16 August 2005, 02:43 PM
"Just take a few thermals a piece and quit complaining. You could be a ten year old civilian child and take out Palpatine. Thermal detonators tend to level the playing field. Besides, you aren't ten year olds or civilians or you wouldn't be here. ... But I still say take some thermals. Life insurance, you might say." I hope they're as good as Xizor thinks they are.
"The problem isn't killing Palaptine, its getting to him without being found by an Imperial heavy stormtrooper division. And with enough subterfuge and espionage I'm sure it can be done."

Tiburon4
16 August 2005, 02:44 PM
Cory shrugs his shoulders,

"Good point, guess there is only one way to find out."

Cory walks over to the nearest room and the door opens

Almaster
16 August 2005, 03:36 PM
"This is Guri. I am sorry, but if you are looking for blueprints to the Imperial Palace, none are availble. There are also no photos of the Emperor's personal chambers or other restricted areas. Photos for commonly accesible areas are avaible on file however. Would you like to see them? Or can I assist you with something else?
--------------------------------
Cory walks over and taps the control panel on the nearest door. It makes a hissing noise, and slides up to reveal a large rectangular room. The walls are covered in shelving and containers, and large 2 large shelves run down the center of the room.
The shelves are covered in weapons; each row seems to be devoted to a different form of weapon. The far right is covered in different models of slugthrowers, silencers, and scopes. The right middle shelf is lined with different forms of blasters, ranging from Hold-outs to large Blaster Cannons. The leftern shelf is loaded with every kind of thinkable explosive: Thermal detonaters, timed mines, trip mines, and more. The left wall shelf is full of specialty weapons: Vibro knives, pikes, wrist-rocket launchers and other oddities are lined there. The back wall is a mini-workshop that contains different tools for modifiying weapons.
------------------------------------------------
OOC: Any weapon that is era appropriate and would not have extreme rarity (such as a lightsaber) is avalible.

chiefcaptin
16 August 2005, 04:01 PM
"This is Guri. I am sorry, but if you are looking for blueprints to the Imperial Palace, none are availble. There are also no photos of the Emperor's personal chambers or other restricted areas. Photos for commonly accesible areas are avaible on file however. Would you like to see them? Or can I assist you with something else?

"We would like to see the photos please. Does the palace give tours or is there any other way to get into the palace and proform survalence without breaking into the palace?"

Lucas Carr
16 August 2005, 04:15 PM
Rand walked over to the opened door and began looking over the equipment. After looking at the weapons, Rand went to open the other doors too. One door at the time, going counter clockwise, and checking out each of the rooms on the way.

Almaster
16 August 2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin


"We would like to see the photos please. Does the palace give tours or is there any other way to get into the palace and proform survalence without breaking into the palace?"

The public section is open for anyone of upscale class daily. However, the public section has no known accessways that lead into the rest of the palace: it is effectivly separated. However, due to the powerful security, I have not been able to run computerized scans of the area: this information is based off of eyewitness acounts.

chiefcaptin
16 August 2005, 04:28 PM
"Well I guess that helps. Can we get forged IDs for recon and geting in there?"

Ellan starts walking over to the slugthrower section of the first room. He looks in aw at all the equiptment.

OOC: Privat conversations in roleplaying are awsome!:P

boccelounge
16 August 2005, 04:34 PM
--------------------

Miira follows along when the weapons room is opened, taking a casual route toward the open door. Her eyes open wide when she sees the cache; they open even wider when she sees the workbench.

She takes her time looking through the blaster racks, not seeming to notice any conversation around her. Hands on hips, brows furrowed in concentration, you'd think she was perusing a gourmet wine cellar.

After a time, she selects a blaster rifle from the rack, something sleek and black and deadly. She saunters over to the workbench, and casually begins dismantling the weapon.

--------------------

Almaster
16 August 2005, 06:19 PM
"Well I guess that helps. Can we get forged IDs for recon and geting in there?"

You will have to contact my master Xizor for that to be arranged. Use code 747. If you will excuse me, I have another matter I must attend to. Guri out.

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 05:58 AM
"Well there's no blue prints availible so we will have to proform survailance our self," says Ellan puting down the comlink. "We might be able to accses the main area with proper forged IDs but there's no doors from thier to his personal chambers. I suggest we go in there and scope it out and try the walls. If there's a way in I'm sure we could find it with enough explosives."

PsychoInfiltrator
17 August 2005, 11:00 AM
"Only if you want eveybody to hear us."

boccelounge
17 August 2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
"Only if you want eveybody to hear us."

--------------------

Miira is still occupied at the work bench. It seems she has stripped down another blaster, and it looks like she's trying to combine parts from both weapons.

She speaks, quietly and without looking up from her work.

MIIRA: It won't matter if they hear us, if they're all dead. Jus' blow 'em up.

--------------------

Tiburon4
17 August 2005, 11:45 AM
Cory stands with his mouth open for a good two minutes before he finally says....
"Wow, it must be nice being rich."
He wanders over and starts fiddling with the blasters and overhears the explosives conversation and Miira subsequent remark about blasting thier way in.

"Maybe we should think of a less ...... well, stupid..... I guess .... I mean a better way. I mean if we go in blasting it'll be 1000 to one odds in any fight."

I'll start by trying to find a watch list on the holonet..... be right back."

Cory wanders around until he finds the equipment he needs, sets up a remote id so his slice attempt is untraceable and attempts to pass the first level of security.

OOC: Do you want to do the dice rolls or should we? I'll take a twenty on setting up the remote id.

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 01:02 PM
"Well before we start coming up with ideas we'll need to preform survalince. Guri says Xizor can forge IDs for us so we can effectivly get into the public places," says Ellan as he picks up the comlink and calls Xizor.

PsychoInfiltrator
17 August 2005, 05:22 PM
Dray searches the explsoives, looking ofr something more powerful than a Mastercraft 1 thermal detonator, and any concussion grenades/mines. After that he'll look for any small darts with very lethal fast-acting poisons.

Almaster
19 August 2005, 07:39 AM
While Cory tries to hack into the Imperial Network, Ellan picks up the comlink and attempts to contact Xizor. A cold voice answer's immediately.
"What can I do for you?"

Meanwhile, Dray browses through the armory. The explosives section is pretty impressive, cases of custom-made thermal detonator, Detonate Tape, Thermal Gel, Flash and Smoke grenades, Anti-Gravity mines, chemical grenades, stun grenades, frag grenades, timed and remote explosives. There are also several grenade launchers.
Also impressive, though smaller than the explosive section, is the dart area. Dart launchers and darts hang neatly in glass cases. Among the darts are the Malkite Thermfar and Fex-M3 poison darts, darts filled with overdoses of painkillers, tracer darts, and darts empty darts that can be custom-filled with any of the nearby poisons that sit in small vials in a nearby cupboard.

chiefcaptin
19 August 2005, 09:03 AM
"We would like forged IDs to allow us to get in to the public area of the palace. We need to perform survallince," says Ellan into the comlink while fooling with the various darts and slugthrowers.

PsychoInfiltrator
21 August 2005, 06:44 AM
Dray takes five of both the flash and smoke grenades and puts 4 of each time in his backpack. The other two are added to his belt. Then he fidles with his headset.

Almaster
21 August 2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by chiefcaptin
"We would like forged IDs to allow us to get in to the public area of the palace. We need to perform survallince," says Ellan into the comlink while fooling with the various darts and slugthrowers.

"Hmmm...that could be arranged. I will have them sent down shortly."
The comlink cuts out.

About 10 minutes later, the turboshaft door opens and a black protocol droid steps out.
"Hello sirs and misses. My master has sent you this."
The droid sets a small package on the table.
The droid then leaves.

Lucas Carr
21 August 2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Lucas Carr
Rand walked over to the opened door and began looking over the equipment. After looking at the weapons, Rand went to open the other doors too. One door at the time, going counter clockwise, and checking out each of the rooms on the way.

[OOC: Just reposting this as I haven't seen an answer to it.]

Almaster
22 August 2005, 05:14 AM
Rand decides to check out the different rooms. Although 2 of the 5 are apparently locked,

The second room is a meidium sized rectangular room. The walls are covered in different armor types, ranging from flight suits to a large battleframe. Benches for trying the armor on sit in the middle of the room.
The third room is a rather small. It contains a large varaity of equipment. Medpaks, aquabreathers, comlinks and datapads.


Meanwhile, Cory has booted up the Imperial network, and attemps to hack it.
"Password please," the computer says.
Cory puts his skills to work and tries to get around it. Although the screen flashes blue and the computer makes beeping noises, the network won't let him in and a large "Password Incorrect" flashes on the screen.

Lucas Carr
22 August 2005, 01:34 PM
In the medical room he looks for a RFX/K Medisensor and after that he searches for anything he can find that is more than Mastercraft +1.

boccelounge
22 August 2005, 10:50 PM
--------------------

Whistling quietly and contentedly, Miira finishes her blaster reconstruction. She holds up her work for inspection.

Starting with a standard Blastech 280-series rifle, she's stripped down the components, added a shorter, higher intensity focusing chamber, a folding stock, and a flash suppressor.

Satisfied with the look of the new carbine, Miira shoulders, closes one eye, and sights down its barrel. She aims it at Dray.

MIIRA: (making "blaster noises" with her mouth) Pcht-choo! Pcht-choo! You're dead.

She slings the blaster rifle across her back, and walks over to the grenades, where Dray is browsing. She starts to fill her arms with explosives.

MIIRA: So, we gonna scout this place out? When do we go? Anybody got a bag for these fraggers?

--------------------

Tiburon4
23 August 2005, 08:30 AM
"Crap!"

Cory stands up and walks away from the terminal, running his fingers thru his unkempt hair

Turning to Dray,
"When you decide its time for a tourist trip let me know I want a closer look at what type of systems I need to be ready for."

After a pause.
"Wait a sec, who is in charge here anyways?"

PsychoInfiltrator
23 August 2005, 01:34 PM
Dray watches cooly as Miira 'shoots' him.

Then with blinding speed he draws his blaster rifle, and swings the barrel around. Everyone within his sight range gets Dray's rifle pointed towards their heads in a three second span.

Dray coldly counts as his rifle lines up with their heads.
"One. Two. (etc.)"
After he's done, still cradling his blaste rrifle he turns back and looked Miira between the eyes.
"Waste of ammunition."
"You are not a stormtrooper, you are an assassin. At this range the only reason to make multiple shots at stationary targets is to shoot more than one of them."



"Wait a sec, who is in charge here anyways?"
Dray turns his steady gaze from Miira to Cory.

"Who do you do you think it should be? Who is the best assassin? Who among us can kill in cold the blood with the most speed and efficiency? Who might flinch under fire? Who might waste ammunition?"
...
"Someone will die. It may not be today, but it will be soon. Who is it least likely to be? Who can handle leadership and planning and killing simultaneously? Who can command respect? Who's orders would be followed to their full extent, with the receivers there of most likely to survive their mission?"
...
"Who do you want to lead you?" he finishes, speaking the words as if it were a statement.

boccelounge
23 August 2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Tiburon4
"Wait a sec, who is in charge here anyways?"

--------------------

MIIRA: I figured the old guy was in charge...

She motions towards Ellan.

--------------------

PsychoInfiltrator
23 August 2005, 01:45 PM
Dray holsters his blaster rifle. Silently. And watches this play out.

Tiburon4
23 August 2005, 02:09 PM
"A simple I don't know would have been fine."
"No need to wave your blaster at everyone and then give us a speech"

Cory walks out of the room for warmer locales .....

Muttering under his breath ....

"whata jerk."

PsychoInfiltrator
23 August 2005, 02:35 PM
" A speech, you say? I could have that arranged." Dray's left eyebrow rises slightly.


what a jerk

Dray casts a neutral look in Cory's direction. He mopes andsulks like a mere child. ... Did Xizor make a mistake? Dray ponders this for awhile.

OOC: Due to the nature of this campaign, I have created Dray as a cold, calculating, professional killer. As such, don't expect him to show very much emotion. At least for now. And it really wasn't a speech, just something for those listening to to think about.

Lucas Carr
24 August 2005, 12:19 AM
"I'm just the medic," Rand said. "I'll patch you up, but you'll have to look for leadership elsewhere."

boccelounge
24 August 2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Lucas Carr
"I'm just the medic," Rand said. "I'll patch you up, but you'll have to look for leadership elsewhere."

--------------------

MIIRA: Yeah, I just shoot people. And sometimes kick 'em. Bombs are good too. One time I landed an AAT-1 on a guy... Well, anyway, somebody just tell me what needs done.

She backs away, feeling she's been too talkative.

--------------------

Tiburon4
24 August 2005, 10:44 AM
Cory gets into the main room sits down and pulls out his backpack emptys the various contents onto the table.

Cory seems oblivious to the fact that along with candy wrappers and pieces of machinery a thermal detonator thuds onto the middle of the table.

Standing back up now with an empty backpack Cory calls out.....

"Did anyone see any surviellance stuff I need to be ready for our field trip?"

OOC- I wasn't personally offended psych! Just reacting in character! no worries ...... found our groups hard ass and our groups loser!

chiefcaptin
24 August 2005, 05:08 PM
MIIRA: I figured the old guy was in charge...

"I guess I could be but I'm not exactly old," says Ellan to Miira. He picks up the things the droid brought looking through them. "These are our forged IDs to get into the palace. Whoever's good with computers get on to looking for anything you can find about the palace and the target, we will leave tommorow at 0930 sharp. I will arrange transportation and belivable costumes and cover stories tonight."

-------------
OOC

To bad for all you dudes but I'm back!!:D

Any how I would like to close this scene and all so I'm going to go to my quarters and call Guri and Xizor about the junk I said I would.

Almaster
24 August 2005, 05:40 PM
Ellan heads off to his quarters, which are located behind one of the previously locked doors. The room is a pretty good definition of basic, a bed and a bathroom.
Ellan picks up the false ID's, which are very realistic upon inspection. The photos have been cropped and edited to show all 5 of you in very rich looking clothing with fancy names.
Ellan then procedes to call Guri.
"Yes, of course I will have outfits," she says. "They are being prepared and will be sent down before tommorow morning. Your transport is also being arranged."

PsychoInfiltrator
25 August 2005, 04:37 AM
Everyone else may have been done with the equipment, or mostly done, or not there, but Dray remained. After carefully placing several of the poison darts in a pouch at his belt he starts looking around for trinkets. Small, valuable, shiny-anything to bribe some lesser Imperial official. Dray knew that the economy of bribery on Coruscant was thriving, and he wanted to be able to improve the pay of low-level bureaucrats in return for usefull things-like access codes to buildings or floorplans, maybe some passcodes into Imperial networks for the techie.

boccelounge
30 August 2005, 12:17 PM
MIIRA returns to the workbench, and continues tweaking her blaster-carbine design. She shows no sign of stopping for the evening.

MIIRA: I'll be ready to go when you guys are.
--------------------

OOC: I'll be ready to go when you guys are. ;)

Tiburon4
30 August 2005, 12:27 PM
Cory finds the surviellance gear he needs fiddle with it a bit sighs and puts it on the workbench he is sitting at ......
"I think I'll work on this in the morning, space lag and all ....."
Cory stands up and heads to his room

OOC-I'm ready for tomorrow!

Lucas Carr
30 August 2005, 01:42 PM
"Me too," Rand said and went back to look for a RFX/K Medisensor and some Mastercraft +2 or higher items.

Almaster
30 August 2005, 02:53 PM
Everyone heads off to catch some shut-eye…

The next morning, a black protocol droid wakes you up with an annoying singsong voice and knocking.
”Excuse me sir, but your transport is ready and waiting down the hall. I have been instructed to take you there. Your gear has already been taken to the transport.”
You follow the droid down the hall for a short period. The hall leads to a small hanger bay. A fancy, expensive looking, enclosed airspeeder sits in the middle of the bay. It is trimmed with gold and silver, and has tinted windows. The interior is decked with large leather seats and fancy wallpaper.
Guri is waiting inside.
”Good morning,” she says. “Before you go I am going to give you a short tour.”
She turns and enters the ship.
”The floors are false,” she says, lifting up a floor plate to to reveal a shallow area below. The area contains all the weapons you had previously selected. Guri turns to the cockpit.
”Your pilot is a top-notch ace that knows what to do. If you need something done, let him know and he’ll do it. Otherwise he will be following standard flight patterns.”
Guri lifts the tops of the seats up. “This is a standard compartment. Anything you need can be stored here.”
Guri turns to the back and opens a tall door, revealing both your armor and some fancy looking clothing. “Your armor is in here. You may want to dress as the locals do to blend in. The outfits in here will do nicely.”
Guri turns and steps out. “That is all,” she says. “Your false ID’s are in that drawer,” she points. The ID's lay open, displaying you in fancy looking clothing. The false names printed in them sound fancy as well: Nabria Archray; Skykin Thralan; Melnica Darkus; Morrek Qualkin and Corler Guntrin.
“The palace opens in approximately 30 minutes," Guri turns. "It is about a 10-minute ride from this point. Good luck. If you need me, use your comlink. But keep in mind that the palace may be able to record your call."

PsychoInfiltrator
31 August 2005, 03:12 PM
Who's who on the ID names?

And also, my last IC post seems to have been disregarded.

Tiburon4
1 September 2005, 08:05 AM
Cory picks up his false ID and smiles at the pic ....

"Corler Guntrin, that makes mine easy you can still call me Cory."

He starts picking and choosing the clothes he plans on wearing.

boccelounge
1 September 2005, 11:18 AM
MIIRA browses through the remaining cards.
MIIRA: "Nabria Archray" sounds like a girl's name.
She flips the card to ELLAN.
MIIRA: Maybe you can use it, Iron Snot. I'm gonna be "Skykin Thralan." That rocks...

PsychoInfiltrator
2 September 2005, 06:36 AM
"I'll take Morek. As I recall it means Darkness in an old language and Death in another one. Qualkin may not be the greatest but the pay for this ought to be."

boccelounge
2 September 2005, 08:34 AM
"I'll take Morek. As I recall it means Darkness in an old language and Death in another one. Qualkin may not be the greatest but the pay for this ought to be."
MIIRA: Pay? I figure Greenie'll probably frag us afters. Or try to.

MIIRA: I mean, if we fail, he won't want us around to rat him out; if we succeed, he'll be Emperor, and he won't want a team of emp-killing super-assassins hangin' around...
She says this casually. while going through her gear, looking for a ration bar.

Lucas Carr
2 September 2005, 09:55 AM
[OOC: No comment on my previous IC post either.]

"And that leaves only one for me," Rand said.

Tiburon4
2 September 2005, 11:31 AM
Cory finishes putting on his gaudy and expensive clothes, admiring himself.

As if struck by lightning he reaches into the pocket of his discarded clothes and pulls out what appears to be a fat pen .....

"Who is in charge of being sneaky around here?"

He waits for an answer ....

"This is a spy cam, I want to plant this on someone and see how tight security really is."

PsychoInfiltrator
2 September 2005, 02:56 PM
Dray's hands suddenly wave around.
{Lorrdian} Talk about this later. LATER. {Lorrdian}

Almaster
5 September 2005, 03:23 PM
(OOC: Please read the OOC thread. Thank-you.)

boccelounge
7 September 2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Tiburon4
Cory: "This is a spy cam, I want to plant this on someone and see how tight security really is."

Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
Dray: {Lorrdian} Talk about this later. LATER. {Lorrdian}
Looking casually out the window, MIIRA speaks quietly, as if muttering to herself.
MIIRA: Yeah, I'll take it... and you can explain more later.

Tiburon4
7 September 2005, 09:31 PM
(Lorridian) Sorry I'm not used to working with an entire team that knows lorridian .... Don't you think that our employer would have this scanned and safe? (/Lorridian)

Aloud over the intercom

"Driver how long til arrival?"

Lucas Carr
7 September 2005, 09:43 PM
Rand followed the others speaking with their hands, but having nothing to add he said nothing. He then returned to his thoughts about their mission.

Killing the Emperor. Most wouldn't even entertain that idea. But they had now been contracted to take him out. And as they prepared Rand was sure he would find out if they were good enough.

boccelounge
7 September 2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Tiburon4
(Lorridian) Sorry I'm not used to working with an entire team that knows lorridian ....
MIIRA: Yeah, me neither...

MIIRA: It is kinda neat though.


Originally posted by Tiburon4
Don't you think that our employer would have this scanned and safe? (/Lorridian)
She mutters quietly, still pretending to look out the window.
MIIRA: "Safe from HIM" is what I'm worried about...

Almaster
8 September 2005, 11:27 AM
"Three minutes to arrival," the driver yells over the engine.
The speeder banks around a large skyscraper and the Imperial Palace comes into view, towering magestically on the skyline.
"I'm going to drop you off at the main entrance," the driver says. "That's where you can get inside." The driver pauses. "If I park, I won't have the mobility to evac you fast enough should an emergency arise. In each of your pockets is what appears to be a comlink. If you hold the on button down for 10 seconds, it will activate a homing beacon. Use that to let me know when you're ready to get out of there. It shouldn't trigger any alarms, but if it does, nobody will be able to tell what it is."
The speeder drops downward.
"Hold on, we're beginning our final approach."

PsychoInfiltrator
8 September 2005, 05:19 PM
{Lorrdian}Oh boy-nowe they have homing beacons on us-they can activate them, possibly triggering sensors, discern our location, kill us-fail to extricate us-the list goes on. Hmmm....{/Lorrdian}

OOC: Gone most of weekend.

boccelounge
14 September 2005, 12:07 PM
OOC: I hope I'm not jumping the gun, Almaster; just trying to help get things moving forward... :)

--------------------


Originally posted by Almaster
The speeder banks around a large skyscraper and the Imperial Palace comes into view, towering magestically on the skyline. "I'm going to drop you off at the main entrance," the driver says. "That's where you can get inside."

The speeder drops downward.

MIIRA stays at the window during the descent, maintaining a calm demeanor. When the transport touches down, she's the first off, slinking quietly out the hatch and onto the Imperial Palace traffic platform.

She takes a moment to size up the surroundings, trying to get a read on security, civilians, pedestrian/vehicle traffic, and any other patterns or peculiarities.

--------------------

OOC: Spot Checks to evaluate the local area
(Spot +10) + (d20 roll 2) = Spot 12
(Spot +10) + (d20 roll 8) = Spot 18
(Spot +10) + (d20 roll 12) = Spot 22
(Spot +10) + (d20 roll 3) = Spot 13
(Spot +10) + (d20 roll 12) = Spot 22
(Spot +10) + (d20 roll 13) = Spot 23

PsychoInfiltrator
14 September 2005, 03:35 PM
Dray is the second off. He looks around. Mostly for pickpockets.
(Spot rolls: 2,15,6,12,15)
easy creds....

Lucas Carr
14 September 2005, 08:29 PM
Rand steps off as number three. (Spot: 24, 17, 26, 12, 16, 21, 25)

Tiburon4
16 September 2005, 11:05 AM
Cory steps out of the shuttle and breathes deep of the rotten stale air, he glances around only noticing the large group of people at all sides, not focusing on any individuals.

Its not that he is confident of the others to protect them from danger, its just the thought of danger in a crowd such as this doesn't cross his mind.

He focuses on the front of the entryway trying to notice anything he can about the computer system in use.

Spot check 8

OOC - are we doing the rolling? I hate rolling

PsychoInfiltrator
16 September 2005, 04:01 PM
Dray steps away from the vehicle.

(OOC: My rolls were rolls without the bonus, just rolls.)

Almaster
20 March 2006, 08:55 PM
The team jumps out of the speeder, and begins to stroll the terrace. After some brief discussion, Cory, Ellan and Miira decide to attept to get into the building while the others hang back on the terrace.
“Identification please,” a Stormtrooper wearing a red shoulder patch says as the 3 approach.
Cory, Ellan, and Miira reach into their robes and fork over their newly created identity papers.
“Thank-you, one moment please,” says the Stormtrooper as he hands the papers to his subordinate, who in turn runs them through a small computer.
“Everything is in order sir,” the computer stormtrooper reports.
“Please place any weapons you have on the tray, and step through the scanner,” the Trooper in charge orders.
Cory calmly steps through the scanner. Ellan is just about to turn and step through after him, when a condensed beam of light hits her square in the back of the head. She crumples, obviously dead. Milliseconds later, before Cory had any time to react, a second beam hits him in the chest. His face lights up in shock, before he falls backwards, also dead.
Miira dives for cover, but she is dodging nothing, as no more shots are fired.

Mayhem proceeds to follow.

Various sirens proceed to activate, and hordes of Stormtroopers pour from all directions, surrounding the area, while rich patrons of the Empire flounder about, some women screaming, some rushing to get back to their air speeders. Imperial ships blast out from around the building, and drop troopers can be seen parachuting to what seems to be the origion of the shots. In all of your earpieces, and calm but firm voice that commanded authority ordered “All of you, evacuate to valet strop A-7. NOW. Do not stop for anything.”
Keeping to the mercenary code of “I want to live,” you all proceed to that spot at the fastest possible pace that wouldn’t draw extraordinary attention to yourselves. Waiting for you is your previous driver in his ship. “Everybody in, RIGHT NOW,” he barks with a sort of authority he didn’t seem to display on the trip here.
Once you have all piled in, he guns the engine, and the speeder lurches and quickly accelerates. Imperial ships have already begun to ascend around the area, blocking it off. The driver seems unconcerned however, as he guns the ship past the incoming imperial ships. He proceeds to fall into line with other standard Courscant traffic, and you are soon cruising along through the heart of commercial Courscant. At this point the ship slows, and a holoprojector turns on, displaying Xizor’s face.
“You may be slightly confused by that little, er, scene back there,” Xizor comments with his usual air of Mr. I Know Everything.
“Let me just say that it was for the good of the mission. You see, those three mercenaries were plotting to betray me. To betray you. I’m not going to go into detail. However, this little bump shall not interfere with your mission. I am sending 2 new members to join your team. Their names are Radd Arros and Kelvin Dawnstrider. You will meet them when you arrive back at Black Sun HQ. Take my word that they are both very competent, excellent people, and shall be an excellent replacement for the other 3 that just left us.
There is also a new window of opportunity that has opened up for us. You see, I have already informed The Emperor about the little assassination attempt back there. I have created a superb cover story, if I do say so myself, and I managed to arrange a nice little chat with His Highness about some, shall I say, things. During this visit, I think I’ll take a tour of some very high security areas as well as some, perhaps, maintenance areas that I think The Empire would most definitely NOT want any unauthorized personnel entering. I’ll be getting you access to some places you shouldn’t be going, and those places will take you to some places you most DEFINITLY shouldn’t be going. So I want you to get back to base, meet your new teammates, and suit up so you can move out and explore these areas as soon as possible. Since no blueprints exist for the Palace, you must move quickly, as it may take a long time to find a way to get to the Emperor”

With that, the link terminates.

PsychoInfiltrator
21 March 2006, 02:51 PM
"Remind me not to betray Xizor. ... That was one major "Beware of snipers" moment. Good thing I didn't have time to warn them about that sniper. Underperforming assassin=dead asassin, though I wasn't expecting anything that quickly... I didn't think stormtroopers normally moved that fast-this was probably set up well in advance."

"Well, that ends our public reconnaisance. "

Dray reclines, something approaching a smile on his face.

"If I ever meet that sniper, I'm gonna congratulate him right after I put a bolt through his head. That was a pretty good opening shot."

Lucas Carr
26 March 2006, 10:58 PM
Rand saw the quick sniper quality assassination of their coworkers. And they were ordered to evacuate immediately. And Rand did so. He didn’t like leaving people behind, something that had been instilled in him in his military days. But his medical opinion was that they were dead. [OOC: Add a skill check if needed.]

Back in the speeder, they received a communiqué from Xizor that explained the recent events. But at least they were getting back into uniform. And Rand had always liked wearing one more than not wearing it, though it actually wasn’t a uniform, it still was one. And that made him comfortable.

Almaster
6 April 2006, 06:43 PM
Radd Arros and Kelvin Dawnstrider both wait on the speeder dock. Having already been briefed about the mission, they await the return of their new comrades on the airspeeder.

The airspeeder crusises around back to Xizor’s palace. It ducks through a tunnel and pulls up at the dock. Arros and Dawnstrider both jump in. The piolet immediately takes off again.
“Sorry, but there is no time for stops,” he says. “The prince has given me exact timing instructions to gain hold of an access card.”
After another exhilarating speeder ride, you pull up on a random platofrom in deep commercial courscant. Seconds later a second speeder pulls up. A man dressed in a all black and a dark hood steps out. The piolet rolls down the speeder window, and with the ease of a con artist, accepts a small credit like card from the man in black.
He thrusts it back at you 5. It shimmers with holographic coding. It’s face reveals it as an imperial maintenance access card.
The piolet says “That will give you access to the maintenance areas. You’ll need to figure out how to get to the emperor once you’re there. I’ll take you over, unless you have any objections.”

Gurthoron
7 April 2006, 05:57 AM
Radd Arros hopped into the speeder and had barely sat down before it took off again. He looked around the cabin, recognizing the other operatives from the briefing. Anyone who greeted him he shook hands with and introduced himself as "Radd Arros." More information would have to wait for a break in the mission, as Radd was focused on the task at hand.

He observes the pilot quietly, noting the level of smooth professionalism. Even his under-handed dealing went well. Radd allowed one of the others to take the card. "I have no objections. Thank you for the ride," he said in response to the pilot, then started going over his gear. A sudden thought struck him.

"On second thought, we are going to need maintenence uniforms and tools to look like we belong. Is there somewere close we could get them?"

PsychoInfiltrator
7 April 2006, 01:34 PM
Dray observes Radd's entrance.

"We ought to come up with a coupel sets of codenames, just in case they tap our transmissions. I wouldn't want some vengeful Grand Admiral putting a half-trillion bounty ont he each of us. More than one codename so that we can switch part way through, esp' if our goes awry. We can use the codenames in the event of emergency communicaiton being required, and for face-to-face. Never know what the Emp's got bugged."

"Here's five for myself and their order of usage: Cold, Stray, Videl, Cross, and Shamshir." (shamshir is pronounced sham-sheer.)

Uthilian
9 April 2006, 02:11 PM
Kelvin Studdies the other passengers for a moment before saying "You can call me KD". he leans back smoking a cigar and shakes any hand offered to him. Before long you noice he is playing with detonator as he waits for the speeder to arrive at it's desination.

he will stop playing with the detonator look at Radd Arros with a smile and say "Carry this", while putting a heavy toolbox looking container into his lap. "Try not to bang it against anything to hard" says KD with a laugh.

Lucas Carr
11 April 2006, 06:56 PM
"Welcome aboard guys," Rand said as the two newcomers boarded the speeder. "I'm Rand," he continued and shook both their hands.

"You know those will be the death of you," he said with a smile as he shook Kelvin's hand.

PsychoInfiltrator
12 April 2006, 12:51 PM
"You know those will be the death of you,"

"Only if the Stormies don't beat them to it."

Uthilian
15 April 2006, 01:56 PM
"there are worse things to die from" Kelvin says as he studies the faces of the other men in the speeder.

PsychoInfiltrator
15 April 2006, 02:52 PM
"there are worse things to die from"

"No wonder thermal detonators are cheaper."