PDA

View Full Version : IC: Vanguard Squadron

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 08:32 AM
A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY...

*intro theme to Star Wars starts to play in back ground*

STAR WARS

Vanguard Squadron

It is a time of peace in the galaxy. 50 years ago Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princesse Leia defeted the evil Emperor Palpitine at the Battle of Endor. After many years of fighting, the war bettween the EMPIRE and the NEW REPUBLIC is finaly coming to an end.

The Empire, led by the Evil GENRAL PENKIN, has been chased to a far corner of the Unkown Regions where the New Republic pursues them. Recently the charicmic senetor PEROFU JANO has been elected predident of the New Republic and he swears to wipe the Empire from the galaxy. But not everything is as it seems...

*music changes to a more soft theme*

*Screen pans to show the large vast of space*

A huge Mon Calamari Crusier flies over the screen.

INTOIROR MON CALAMARI CRUSIER LIBERTY (LOUNGE)

"All squadrons report to breifing room, all squadrons report to breifing room!" shouted the Intercom through out the ship.

You and some other pilots are sitting in the lounge of the ship. You all get up and make your way to the briefing room. When you get there many other pilots are sitting chating. You all sit down.

Admrial Nubem raises hands and room quites down. "We have recived a message form Coruscant. A small convoy carrying Imperial Troops is entering our Quadrant. We are to destroy the 2 AP-13A "Broadsword" Troop Transports enrout to Besision. Vanguard Squadron you are to take out the transport Triumph. Womprat Squadron, You are to take out Destruction. The other 2 squadrons are to draw fire from Vanguard and Womprat and protect the ship. Any Questions?" asks the grey haired admiral

"How long until we reach them?" asks a middle aged man. He is Captin Jan Topla, the leader of Vanguard Squadron.

"We will intersept their rout in 2 hours Vanguard Leader. Any more Questions?" replies Nubum.

Stirroret
17 August 2005, 11:01 AM
Joz enters the lounge and heads straight for the drink dispenser and whips a good cup of Coruscant Coffee, straight with no sweetening. He's a man in his early 20s and already has the face of a seasoned warrior: always focused and constantly alert with his surroundings. He just arrived at his new assignment less than an hour ago after flying his faithful A-Wing to the ship himself.

He salutes the others "hi there I am flight officer Joz Doe and you are?"

(as the others reply) A tech walks up to him reporting the Vanguard insignia had been painted on the side of the A-Wing as requested. He steps up to the panoramic window watching the lightbeams as they fly by the window in hyperspace.

"All squadrons report to breifing room, all squadrons report to breifing room!" shouted the Intercom through out the ship.

well time to go to work..., he thought to himself and finished his coffee heading for the briefing room. The first one he noticed was the well-reputed Captain Jan Topla. He had heard of his exploits and of the numerous times he had dealt crippling blows to the Imperial Warmachine.

Admiral Nubem raises hands and room quites down. "We have recived a message form Coruscant. A small convoy carrying Imperial Troops is entering our Quadrant. We are to destroy the 2 AP-13A "Broadsword" Troop Transports enrout to Besision. Vanguard Squadron you are to take out the transport Triumph. Womprat Squadron, You are to take out Destruction. The other 2 squadrons are to draw fire from Vanguard and Womprat and protect the ship. Any Questions?" asks the grey haired admiral

"How long until we reach them?" asks Captain Jan Topla, leader of the Vanguard Squadron.

"We will intersept their rout in 2 hours Vanguard Leader. Any more Questions?" replies Nubum.

FO Joz Doe raises his hand awaiting his turn then asking: "what kind of resistance can expect?"

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 11:34 AM
"The Empire has a squadron of TIEs on each ship." says the Admiral. He clicks a button on his datapad and a hologram of an AP-13A appers in the middle of the room. "There are about 30 guns on each of the transports. They are slow and difficult to manuver but they are hevily defended. There hulls are very strong but you will be supported by the cruiser. We need you to use A-wings because if they get word out to the Imperial fleet, we're in for a betting."

Almaster
17 August 2005, 12:44 PM
Ltnt. Ty-Do stands up. "Do we have any simulations of battles with these ships before? Is there a weak spot that we should concentrate our fire upon?"

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 12:58 PM
"There are no spots specificly weaker then the rest, but all the weaknesses of regular capital ships are still the same," says Nubem as the engiens, bridge, and weapon systems light up.

boccelounge
17 August 2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Stirroret
Joz enters the lounge and heads straight for the drink dispenser...
He salutes the others "hi there I am flight officer Joz Doe and you are?"
--------------------

A young female flight officer, already dressed in battle togs, stands and salutes Joz. If/when he returns it, she shakes his hand briskly, and greets him in a crisp, polite tone.

GENEVE: Sir, Flight Officer Armend. Geneve. Geneve Armend. I'm pleased to meet you, sir.

--------------------

Joz Doe raises his hand awaiting his turn then asking: "what kind of resistance can expect?"
---------------------

After the others ask their questions, Geneve hesitantly addresses the Admiral.

GENEVE: Sir. Are we expecting... resistance, sir? Enemy fighters? Picket Ships?

--------------------

chiefcaptin
17 August 2005, 01:53 PM
"Only Fighters and the ships own guns. Now soilders, report to your ships in 1.5 hours flat." Nubem says as he turns off the hologram and the lights come back on. The other pilots start returning to there previous activitys.

boccelounge
17 August 2005, 02:16 PM
--------------------

Geneve responds to the Admiral:

GENEVE: Thank you, sir!

She stands to attention, saluting the Admiral as he leaves the briefing room.

When the pilots disperse, she heads straight for the hangar bay, and helps the support crew prep her fighter.

She looks around for her trusty astro-droid...

--------------------

Korwin Blade
17 August 2005, 03:54 PM
Joz enters the lounge and heads straight for the drink dispenser...

Hey Joz,

" Nikolas Kurn. But my friends just call me Nik."

Shakes his hand. then addresses Geneve

Hey Geneve, Glad you could join us."

Shakes her hand as well.

"Looks like we don't get to have a real drink."

Puts down the Correllian whisky he was about to drink and heads to the briefing.

Admiral Nubem raises hands and room quites down. "We have recived a message form Coruscant. A small convoy carrying Imperial Troops is entering our Quadrant. We are to destroy the 2 AP-13A "Broadsword" Troop Transports enrout to Besision. Vanguard Squadron you are to take out the transport Triumph. Womprat Squadron, You are to take out Destruction. The other 2 squadrons are to draw fire from Vanguard and Womprat and protect the ship. Any Questions?" asks the grey haired admiral

"How long until we reach them?" asks Captain Jan Topla, leader of the Vanguard Squadron.

Seems like we could use more fire power than laser cannons, .like some photon missiles. He thinks to himself.

Stirroret
17 August 2005, 10:52 PM
"well who's game for some chow at the mess before leaving...the thought of blasting away eyeballs always makes me hungry", he asked the other in the squadron "we have an hour and a half to finish the meal..."

Korwin Blade
17 August 2005, 11:45 PM
"I'm up for it Joz." Nik says.

"Hey Geneve you in?" Nik asks. And if I remember right the mess is a couple decks down not to far from the Hanger.

Lets go!!

Nik starts to head off in the direction of the mess.

Almaster
18 August 2005, 04:56 AM
Ty-Do stands up and exits behind the large crowd. Why they wanted to eat before doing loop-the-loops in space was beyond him. But it was true that they needed energy. So Ty-Do grabbed a large caffine drink from the cooler and chugged it right there. Then he heads off to check on his astro-droid.

Skywalker
18 August 2005, 11:23 PM
Nik starts to head off in the direction of the mess.

Jaake Gonne was in his mid-twenties when he was transferred to the Mon Cal cruiser where the Vanguard Squadron was stationed. He had just left the briefing for his first mission as a member of the Vanguard Squadron. But he had a small appetite before the mission, which was in one and one half hour.

Lt. Jaake Gonne was headed toward the mess hall when he recognized someone he knew. It was Nikolas "Nik" Kurn. He jogged up to him.

"Hey Nik", said Jaake, as he opened the door for Nik.

"Hey Jaake, when did you get in the Squadron?" asked Nik as he walked to the tray stack.

"Just a few days ago, I'm using my dad's old A-Wing. It's outfitted with Photon Torps and higher density alloy." said Lt. Gonne as he ladled out some soup into a bowl.

"Really? What kinda astrodroid you using in it?" inquired Nik as he dished out a peice of pie.

"Actually, my dad's astrodroid has a bad motivater, so I'm gonna use one of the Squadron's droids."

"That's too bad, your dad had a pretty reliable R4 unit."

Just then Joz and Geneve walk into the mess hall.

"Hey, Joz, Geneve, I want to introduce you to an old friend, Leuitenant Jaake Gonne. He just got transferred to the Liberty a few days ago."

Joz shook Jaake's hand and saluted as he said," Hello sir, I'm Flight Officer Joz Doe. THis is our friend Flight Officer Geneve Armend. I'm very pleased to meet you sir."

Geneve shook his hand, saluted and said,"Likewise, Leuitenant."

Nik went into futher intro as he explained how Jaake was related to Wedge Antilles, the Hero of fending off not one, but two Death Stars (not single handly though:D )

They all sat down and ate a snack as they shared where they came from, how they became pilots, etc. They had just finished eating when a voice over the intercom said,

"All pilots of the Vanguard and Wamprat Squadrons, report to your starfighters to begin pre-takeoff precedures. And Lt. Jaake Gonne, report to the Astrodroid Garage to pick up your father's R4 unit. It has been fixed, repeat, Lt. Gonne to Astrodroid garage."

Jaake Gonne was so surprised.

"they fixed him! They fixed R4-D2! I thought he was fried for good. I gotta go guys, but I'll see you in battle, wingmates!"

Lt. Gonne sped off to get his R4 unit.

boccelounge
21 August 2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Korwin Blade
"Hey Geneve you in?" Nik asks. And if I remember right the mess is a couple decks down not to far from the Hanger.

--------------------

Geneve's talking to one of the support techs, asking him (for the fifth time) to make sure her laser cannons are zeroed at 400m, and that the inertial dampers are down-set to 0.97G, and...

She looks up at Nik's query, and decides she'd better get to know the other pilots. With a few final instructions for the tech, she bounds off towrard her squadron-mates, and follows them to the mess...

--------------------

Stirroret
24 August 2005, 12:40 AM
"I'm up for it Joz", Nik says. Joz nodds as Nik continues: "Hey Geneve you in?" Nik asks her, "And if I remember right the mess is a couple decks down not to far from the Hanger"

"Lets go!!"

Nik starts to head off in the direction of the mess followed by Joz and Geneve

"So...Geneve was it?", Joz asks with a slight smile on his face as they enter the mess, "what brings you to this noble cause? Excitement? Revenge? Search of love?"

boccelounge
24 August 2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Stirroret
Nik starts to head off in the direction of the mess followed by Joz and Geneve

"So...Geneve was it?", Joz asks with a slight smile on his face as they enter the mess, "what brings you to this noble cause? Excitement? Revenge? Search of love?"

--------------------

Geneve follows along. She's a little surprised at the directness of the question, but keeps a polite demeanor.

GENEVE: Well, I suppose it sounds naive, but I just wanted to Serve. Give back to the Republic, and all. How about you?

--------------------

chiefcaptin
24 August 2005, 05:27 PM
I will let you guys play this out your selfs if you can manage. Just keep on posting until I ring the buzzer.;) Don't worry, I'm watching...

Korwin Blade
24 August 2005, 11:31 PM
Nik walks in to the Chow Hall and exclaims " See I told you guys I would find it"

Gets in line and fills a plate with chow and then finds a mostly emtpy table and takes a seat, and starts to chow down.

Nik says to no one in particular, "Damn I was more hungry than I thought."

He then see Joz and Geneve, "Hey Joz, Geneve, Over here!!!" Nik shouts

Stirroret
25 August 2005, 03:28 PM
"Well, I suppose it sounds naive, but I just wanted to Serve. Give back to the Republic, and all. How about you?", Geneve asks
"Well I just wanted to blow away some Imps...nothing fancy really", he answers with a dry smile on his lips hearing Nik mumbling something from afar
"does this frighten you?", he asks just as Nik shouts "Hey Joz, Geneve, Over here!!!"

"Coming!!", he shouts back and heads towards the dispenser to replicate some food...

Korwin Blade
26 August 2005, 02:20 AM
"Man you guys are slower than my grandma!!!" Nik says to Joz and Geneve

"I hope you are faster in a fighter than that!!!" Nik says with a smirk on his face.

Hope they know I am just Kidding he thinks to him self.

"So which one of you is my wing man or woman?" says Nik

Stirroret
26 August 2005, 02:24 AM
"I'm faster than you kid, anyday", he jokes back and sits down in front of him with his replicated food "I know why she's here...how about you?"

Korwin Blade
26 August 2005, 02:36 AM
"Ya Right!!!" Nik says, "And who you calling Kid!!!"

"As for Why!?!!? Thats easy. I love to fly and the faster the better and of course shooting Eyeballs just makes it all the more fun."

"What about you, Kid?!?!"

Stirroret
26 August 2005, 03:05 AM
"Ya Right!!!" Nik says, "And who you calling Kid!!!"

"well you sonny... I'm surprised your momma isn't here here to wipe your nose every second", he looks at his new flightmember to see if he's game for some 1-on-1 taunting...

"As for Why!?!!? Thats easy. I love to fly and the faster the better and of course shooting Eyeballs just makes it all the more fun. What about you kid"

"I'm older than you little lady...so...but to answer your question: I'm here simply to destroy the empire..."

Korwin Blade
26 August 2005, 09:38 PM
" I'm surprised your momma isn't here here to wipe your nose every second"

"That funny coming from someone who's mommy still wipes his backside for him!!!"

"I'm older than you little lady...so...but to answer your question: I'm here simply to destroy the empire..."

"And don't try and change the subject, and bring Geneve into this conversation!!!!"

boccelounge
26 August 2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Korwin Blade
[B] "That funny coming from someone who's mommy still wipes his backside for him!!!"

"And don't try and change the subject, and bring Geneve into this conversation!!!!" [B]

GENEVE watches this conversation with detached disdain. When it's over she stands to leave, her food barely touched.

GENEVE: Well. That's all quite... illuminating. I'll return to the fighter bay now. We still have a mission to prepare for, after all.
She salutes all present, then exits.

chiefcaptin
27 August 2005, 05:33 AM
"All Pilots return to the Fighter Bay! All Pilots return to the Fighter Bay!" shouts the intercom, "We reach the transports in T minus 10 minits! T minus 10 minits!" All the pilots start rushing off to the fighter bay and they grab thier helmets.

Almaster
27 August 2005, 05:16 PM
Ty-Do grabs his helmet and jogs over to the bay.
"Here goes suicide mission number 45," he says to himself.
He heads into the bay and beelines over to his ship. He checks around for a nearby techie.
"Make sure my droid is configured properly," he instructs. "And run the FULL pre-flight systems check, not the abbrivated one. If you're going to go into hell, you should at least go with a working ship."

Korwin Blade
28 August 2005, 10:17 PM
Nik downs the last of his juice and grabs his tray and drops it in the recycle bin on the way out.

He heads to the fighter bay and grabs his helmet and jumps in the cockpit of his A-Wing and starts a preflight.

Not trusting a tech to do his own preflight. Nik thinks to himself.

Stirroret
29 August 2005, 02:01 AM
In a calm manner Joz empties his cup of coffee and heads for the Hangar and his faithful A-Wing without panicking. He sees Ty-Do and Nik running off he, he... look at them he knew that the hangarbay were within a couple of minutes walk from the mess, so all the fuss was uncalled for (to his oppinion).

He heads up to his A-Wing and a tech walks up with his helmet reporting all systems had been checked and were ready to light up the skies. "Excellent", he says with a smile, "thanks..." he hands the tech guy a credit to show his appreciation and starts the engines and runs down the check list...

Computer check: Rolled 20!!! (Automatic Success)

(OOC: Are all my systems green?)

boccelounge
30 August 2005, 12:03 PM
Satisfied that her A-Wing is properly prepared for the launch, GENEVE tries to remain calm and as she climbs into the cockpit, en route to her first live-fire combat mission. She keys on the astro-droid uplink vocabulator, and is immediately greeted by a stream of requests from her R6 unit.

GENEVE: Yes, that's right Sixes. This time it's for real... No, I think we'll let the docking bay computers take the ship out... Yes, I'm sure they all appreciate what a good pilot you are... No, I don't think they'll let you have an A-Wing of your own some day...
Smiling at the droid's restiveness, GENEVE wonders if all its bluster is an attempt to call her nerves. She takes a deep breath as the cockpit canopy shuts, and lowers her visor, feeling as ready as possible for the launch into battle...