PDA

View Full Version : IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers



Pages : [1] 2 3

boccelounge
24 August 2005, 05:12 PM
<center>
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/boccelounge/01_title_02_small_01.jpg
</center>

<center>PROLOGUE</center>

--------------------

INTERIOR: A REBEL BASE

Your company has just arrived at its new posting, a remote Rebel installation, far on the OUTER RIM. Loaded with equipment, your unit files along behind a young Rebel soldier.
EIBWEN: Your bunks are right down here. Oh, watch those power couplings... step lively there. The Techs are still finishing the wiring, I guess.
Lars Eibwen doesn't look like he shaves yet, but he's got Sergeant pips. Hmmph. Sector Forces: they'll take anybody. He said something about being in charge of introducing new arrivals to the base. At the moment, he's guiding your platoon through a labyrinth of tunnels, chambers, and cargo bays. The sergeant walks backward, instinctively dodging the endless stream of technicians, troopers, and droids that bustle about every which way. Loaded down with all your gear, you struggle to keep up with the kid as he scurries along. He seems to know where he's going... All you want is a place you can stretch and rest, after 3 long cramped weeks on a battered old bulk hauler, converted to a troop transport by the oh-so-crafty Alliance shipwrights. The kid's rambling on about something.

EIBWEN: ... but you shoulda seen the look on Derlin's face when they told him the officer's wing had to be completely evacuated until they caught and killed the thing. Priceless.
How big is this place? This guy was waiting for you when you stepped off the transport shuttle, but that was fifteen minutes ago. These weird twisting corridors seem to go on forever. You pass a fifth (sixth?) cargo bay, as Eibwen prattles on.

EIBWEN: ... don't know why they sent you guys, anyway. I understand why they'd want a fighter CAP, but why do we need more SpecForce? Nothin's gonna happen way out here... Like they say, "if there's a bright center to the galaxy, then you're on the... " Ah. Here we are.
With an over-dramatic wave of his arm, he gestures to a wide door, labeled simply "Barrack-G-019." Someone has already painted a crude "blue one" on the wall nearby. Well that's a nice touch. At least these yokels know who they're getting.

EIBWEN: Well, here's home sweet home. There's not much room for gear, but the bunks are warm. At least, they better be-- Supply was supposed to have your TSUs-- sorry, 'Thermal Sleep Units'-- delivered this afternoon.

EIBWEN: Good thing, too. Just before you guys dropped ship we got word it might be a cold night. Apparently one of the mounted scouts got himself lost, (he snickers) and they gotta keep the shield doors open while the S&R teams track him down. Why they've got officers-- fighter jocks, no less-- out on these recon patrols is beyond me.

EIBWEN: Anyway, I'm gonna head over to South Wing. One of the generator techs has a fortnight card game going... you fellas have a good night, and try to stay warm.
As your platoon files into the cramped barack, Sergeant Eibwen pulls himself up straight, his bulky and over-sized uniform sagging from his thin frame, and snaps to something resembling a proper salute.

EIBWEN: And welcome to Hoth.
--------------------

EXTERIOR: DEEP SPACE

An IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER moves through space, releasing Probe Robots from its underside. One of these probes zooms toward a barren white planet, and lands on its ice-covered surface. An explosion marks the point of impact.

--------------------

INTERIOR: DELTA PLATOON BARRACKS, ECHO BASE

Delta Platoon is in a large barracks room, seemingly carved out of the thick snow and ice of Hoth. Rows of bunks and footlockers fill the room. About twenty tired, travel-weary soldiers begin to unpack their personal effects. The air is ice cold.

The platoon commander, Lieutenant Samson, calls for your attention. The Lt. is generally considered a good guy but an average leader; a former athlete, swoop-racer, and all-around "jock," he's now slightly past his physical prime, but trying to mature into his new role as an Alliance officer.

Samson has only recently took over Phoenix Company, having served in another SpecFor Regiment prior to joining the the Big Blue One. Little is known of his private life or his reasons for becoming a Rebel, but it's known he raced in several swoop meets on Alderaan in the years before its destruction. He's only been your platoon comander for a month or two.

Samson is tall and blonde, with chiseled features and a genial demeanor. He prefers to be called by his old racer nickname, "Flash." Most people call him "LT" anyway.

FLASH: Uh, OK folks. Get your gear unpacked, and get comfortable. We should have a few hours off-duty. They want Delta to inspect a new outer perimeter recon station at first light, so rest up while you can.

FLASH: Shorrarr, we're going to need to requisition a bunk for you. I doubt there are any Wookiees on the base, so you'll have to make due with the biggest one we can get.

FLASH: You there, uh, Private Kell, head down the corridor to Alpha's barracks, and ask Lieutenant Krath to meet me in ten minutes.
He gives a quick, casual salute to KELL, and returns to unpacking his gear.

--------------------

chiefcaptin
24 August 2005, 06:11 PM
EIBWEN: And welcome to Hoth.

Jas shivers as he comes out of the ship, "Holy Sithspit! I didn't sign on for this pile of ice!" he shouts loudly. He starts following the others to the barraks.

After Flash ends speaking he starts unpacking his bags and sets Blaster Rifle on the bed. "So all whats up!"

djas_puhr
24 August 2005, 06:25 PM
Edgar 'Spades' McGregor looks around the cold room. His facial expression is blank but his eyes are measuring everyone in the room. Walking briskly to the back of the barracks room he finds an empty bunk and footlocker. Quietly he unpacks his gear and stows it the typical military way.

Folding his uniforms in crisp lines, and placing them in the footlocker so everything fits into perfectly. He reaches for 'Cold Weather' uniform and looks it over. Grumbling to himself about the frigged weather and the fact that he is stationed on an ice bucket making things worse.

Reaching further down into his duffle bag Edgar pulls out two pictures. One is his girlfriend back on Corellia, the other is a picture of his brother, Locke, and himself right before they both left to join the Corellian resistance. He place both pictures on top of his footlocker and proceeds to pick up his personally modified SoroSubb X-45 Sniper Rifle.

Reaching into the duffle bag, Edgar retrieves a cleaning kit for his rifle. He sit on the edge of his bed and begins his ritual cleaning of his rifle. Edgar begins to cleaning his rifle and tuning it for the cold weather.

Night who says ni
24 August 2005, 06:37 PM
Kell Queitly uppacks noticeing everyones faces including someone he has thought he has seen on Corellia before and remebering the people he had meet on the transport *drops knife* just my luck, well nothing a cookie cant fix pulls out a cookie and quickely devores it and hides the rest. Then his ears for some reason started to listen to "flash" again.


You there, uh, Private Kell, head down the corridor to Alpha's barracks, and ask Lieutenant Krath to meet me in ten minutes.

Why do I always get stuck getting this kinda crap i just want 2 kill some imps... Kell thinks to him self before remembering procedure.

Uh Yes Sir right away sir, sorry kind of all new to this military thing. Embarressed he returnes the salute and works his way down in his new uniform, playing around with the knife he had droped earilier until he come across Alphas barracks.He returnes his knife to its place

*knocks on door* Hey Lieutenant Krath er sir, Lieutenant Samson er "flash" wanted to meet you in ten minutes he relexes a bit and puts in a salute for good measure, And starts to walk back to his barrack to finish unpacking, on his way he pulls out the picture of Yuna (his girlfreind from back home) It sure is alot warmer back at home Kell thinks to himself.

After returning to the room he get everyones attention and annoces Uh hey Everyone if you dont now me already from... other experiences Im Kell Haarshi im just known as Kell dont have any nicknames and btw im your recon and infiltration guy

(O.C.C. I know real cheap name for girlfreind but I have a weak mind and school started today and my brain hurts:D

Uron Teff
24 August 2005, 07:00 PM
FLASH: Shorrarr, we're going to need to requisition a bunk for you. I doubt there are any Wookiees on the base, so you'll have to make due with the biggest one we can get.

Shorrarr looks a bit puzzled as he hears his name. Thinking most of the flight and the way down to their barrack about Dryanta, his wife captured by Imperials.

[Shorrarr] Ourarw wourh. Wourral rwoaur ouarw. Rwaaroor wrrwsh.
No problem, Lieutanat. I get myself a place and even if I have to sleep on a chair. I will sleep!

He turns around and scans the room for the largest bunk. Paying tribut to his huge size and the fact that the bunks are all about two meters in lenght he picks the first in view and moves towards it.

[Shorrarr] Wrow rraoow woural rurowar! Wourruha howrwal wora? Urwoal lorahr whorau.
I have to hang my legs over the end of the bunk, but it's okay! This isn't a holliday trip, is it? I have slpet in a good deal worse bunks.

He lays his heavy repaeting blaster down on his bunk and puts the power generator he wore all the time on his back aside it. Sitting down with his upper part of the body leaning back at the icy wall he views the room. Shortly after he considers to sit straight.

He takes a short look around who of the faces next to him look familiar to him.


Uh hey Everyone if you dont now me already from... other experiences Im Kell Haarshi im just known as Kell dont have any nicknames and btw im your recon and infiltration guy

He notices a human saying something and tries to catch up his name. Krell. Strange name he thinks, but they are humans and no Wookiees.

boccelounge
24 August 2005, 07:28 PM
INTERIOR: ALPHA PLATOON BARRACKS, ECHO BASE


Originally posted by Night who says ni
he returnes the salute and works his way down in his new uniform, playing around with the knife he had droped earilier until he come across Alphas barracks.He returnes his knife to its place

*knocks on door* Hey Lieutenant Krath er sir, Lieutenant Samson er "flash" wanted to meet you in ten minutes he relexes a bit and puts in a salute for good measure...
Alpha, the company's "senior" platoon, is housed just down the corridor from Delta. The scene is similar-- soldiers unpacking gear and trying to reconcile themselves with the frigid cold. But the mood is different: the conversations are quieter, but more prevalent. A sense of calm confidence hangs over the room. It's clear these guys have been together for a long time.

Private GREER comes to the door; Kell recognizes him from Basic Training.

PRIVATE GREER: Hey, Kell. Whatta rock they got us on... no towns, no Imps, not even some farmers' daughters... Alright, I'll tell the LT your guy "Flash" wants to see him. Take care, buddy.
--------------------

INTERIOR: DELTA PLATOON BARRACKS, ECHO BASE


Originally posted by Uron Teff
[Shorrarr] Ourarw wourh. Wourral rwoaur ouarw. Rwaaroor wrrwsh.

He turns around and scans the room for the largest bunk. Paying a tribut to his huge size and the fact that the bunks all are about two meters in lenght he picks the first in view and moves towards it.

[Shorrarr] Wrow rraoow woural rurowar! Wourruha howrwal wora? Urwoal lorahr whorau.
It's clear that FLASH doesn't understand his Wookiee heavy gunner.

FLASH: Uh, yeah. Well, carry on then.
Only half-unpacked, FLASH throws the rest of his duffel roughly into his footlocker, grabs a small black leather pouch, and makes his way toward the exit.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)

OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

DentArthurDent
24 August 2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
[Shorrarr] Wrow rraoow woural rurowar! Wourruha howrwal wora? Urwoal lorahr whorau.
I have to hang my legs over the end of the bunk, but it's okay! This isn't a holliday trip, is it? I have slept in a good deal worse bunks.



*A fairly youthful looking Balosar chuckles silently to himself upon hearing of the Wookie's discomfort. Somehow, he thought to himself, I don't think the Alliance had Wookies in mind when they starting digging this icepit. He shivered in spite of himself as a small draft hit him in the face. Standing a little under 2 meters tall with a rather sparse frame, this particular Balosar didn't look much different from the rest of his species, and didn't seem like he would be particularly suited to a "leader" role, either. That was until you looked into his eerily intense, yellow eyes. Though not much more than a kid himself, he'd seen more than his fair share. The Balosar finished the last little bits of unpacking, rearranging his "acquired" Imperial Navy silverware in it's carrying case from when some slight turbulence had jarred them earlier. Standing back up to his full height, his little antennapalps seemingly swivelling at random among his dark blonde hair to take in the slightest sounds, he began reading from a list.*

Oran: Squad 1, listen up! Gotta make sure none of you guys missed the freighter. Drak'tyne, Shorarr, McGregor, Bothington (OOC: EZ, buddy, you seem to be missing a name ;) ), Yug, Kestrel, and Roobis. Everyone here?

boccelounge
24 August 2005, 11:32 PM
INTERIOR: CORRIDOR, ECHO BASE

As KELL makes his way back to Delta Platoon, he has to squeeze his way past two humans, male and female, who are apparently using the corridor for some sort of lovers' quarrel. And did she just say "kiss a Wookiee?"

--------------------

INTERIOR: DELTA PLATOON BARRACKS, ECHO BASE


Originally posted by DentArthurDent
Oran: Squad 1, listen up! Gotta make sure none of you guys missed the freighter. Drak'tyne, Shorarr, McGregor, Bothington (OOC: EZ, buddy, you seem to be missing a name ;) ), Yug, Kestrel, and Roobis. Everyone here?
Just before he steps out into the hall, FLASH turns to ORAN.

FLASH: Uh, Sergeant... detail a couple volunteers to scrounge up some food for the men. I doubt the kitchens are open at this hour, but have them get what they can and, uh, bring it back here.
FLASH exits.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Uron Teff
24 August 2005, 11:59 PM
[Shorrarr] Hoouaw wuoah wouah? Woha aourw!
Where should I else be? I'm right here!

Shaking his head reaches inside his leather shoulder bag and pulls out the picture of Dryanta and his son. Yes, I'm here! But where are you Dryanta? he thinks. A second later he sticks his head once again into his bag just to pull out the last of rations what where given to them shortly before they started their journey to this ice-cube. And starts eating it. Uh, if I wasn't starving to death, I wouldn't even consider this as food, but... He finishs his very short lunch and looks around. Shortly he considers if he could dare to ask if somebody still has some of those rations.


FLASH: Uh, Sergeant... detail a couple volunteers to scrounge up some food for the men. I doubt the kitchens are open at this hour, but have them get what they can and, uh, bring it back here.

He stands up as he hears the word "kitchen" Shorrarr takes his shoulder bag

[Shorrarr] Roulwarwo? Roularh woura! Wouaahr luwarrou oarwoul urawwor!
Kitchen? I'm starving! I volunteer for this "mission".

JoJohnJohansen
25 August 2005, 01:34 AM
AJ had been excited about being excepted into the special operations division, but boarding a transport for a cramped, three week ride wasn’t what he had expected as a first assignment. The trip had exhausted much of his patience and bearing, as he was sure it had the others. After all, if they had wanted to be ship’s crew, they’d have joined the Imperial Navy.

Although he had not formed any bonds that could be called friendships, he knew that the others of his company were his brothers, nonetheless. He had even shared in some good-humored bantering with Shorrarr, a rather large and upfront Wookie. Of course AJ didn’t speak Shyriiwook, so the ‘Sarge’ had been kind enough to relay the Wookie’s ‘tounge-in-cheek’ threats. At least he hoped they had been ‘tounge-in-cheek’.

And now, to finish off a glorious extended vacation in ship-side confinement, they were dumped into a quick freeze chamber.

AJ thought about young Sergeant Eibwen’s comment about nothing happening here, and wandered if these ‘green’ forces were ready for what lay ahead. Augusto was good at his job, but he didn’t need to be to know that you don’t move two special operations platoons into place if you don’t intend to use them. It’s a waste of manpower and skills. What bothered AJ most was that ‘Flash’ had not shared what their orders were, at least not after AJ’s arrival at the spaceport.

These were things that could be worried about and fretted over later. He watched Shorrarr place his stuff on one of the bunks and took an empty one in close proximity. The cold, while not unbearable, was definitely uncomfortable. However, he tried his best to not shiver, as he wanted to ensure that he didn’t appear weak to his new squad mates.


FLASH: Uh, Sergeant... detail a couple volunteers to scrounge up some food for the men. I doubt the kitchens are open at this hour, but have them get what they can and, uh, bring it back here.
FLASH exits.


AJ removed his datapad from its container on his hip and began to manipulate the controls, looking for the point of contact for the Hoth base intelligence section.

“Sergeant Nomak, with your permission I’d like to find the Intel shop and see if I can get anything for us while the others are looking for the grub.”, AJ said as he approached his squad leader.

(Please see this OOC (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231308#post231308))

djas_puhr
25 August 2005, 04:49 AM
[Shorrarr]: Ourarw wourh. Wourral rwoaur ouarw. Rwaaroor wrrwsh.
No problem, Lieutenant. I get myself a place and even if I have to sleep on a chair. I will sleep!

Edgar looks up and sees a Wookiee that stands over two meters. The Wookiee’s fur is brown color and can see three black stripes on his back since he is facing away from Edgar.


[Shorrarr]: Wrow rraoow woural rurowar! Wourruha howrwal wora? Urwoal lorahr whorau.
I have to hang my legs over the end of the bunk, but it's okay! This isn't a holiday trip, is it? I have slept in a good deal worse bunks.

Great, at lest there is one friendly soul on this ice bucket, and the kicker is he has a sense of humor. I’ll have to introduce my self later. Edgar finishes unpacking and continues to look around getting his bearings inside the ice cavern.


[Haarshi]: Uh hey… Everyone if you don’t now me already from... other experiences I’m Kell Haarshi I’m just known as Kell don’t have any nicknames and btw I’m your recon and infiltration guy.

Great someone who I can swap stories with a field craft as well. Need to make a point in talking with him.


[Oran]: Squad 1, listen up! Gotta make sure none of you guys missed the freighter. Drak'tyne, Shorarr, McGregor, Bothington (OOC: EZ, buddy, you seem to be missing a name ), Yug, Kestrel, and Roobis. Everyone here?

Edgar heads perks up at the sound of his name. He glances over to his squad commander Oran.

Yeah, I made here in relatively one piece.

However, it’s to bloody cold here to do anything. No way the Empire will find us here. Edgar stands up and starts to head over to the Wookiee when Flash starts to say something.


[Flash]: Uh, Sergeant... Detail a couple volunteers to scrounge up some food for the men. I doubt the kitchens are open at this hour, but have them get what they can and, uh, bring it back here.

Great thinking El-Tee, now if they could only fix the bloody heat in this refer.


Shorrarr: Roulwarwo? Roularh woura! Wouaahr luwarrou oarwoul urawwor!
Kitchen? I'm starving! I volunteer for this "mission".

Great, this guy is your typical Wookiee, always thinking with his stomach. Not that it’s a bad idea.

Hey Fuzzball, wait up I’ll help you out just incase these folks don’t understand you. So Serg, I’m with the Wookiee on this one, I’m starving too.

PsychoInfiltrator
25 August 2005, 05:07 AM
Squad 1, listen up! Gotta make sure none of you guys missed the freighter. Drak'tyne, Shorarr, McGregor, Bothington (OOC: EZ, buddy, you seem to be missing a name ), Yug, Kestrel, and Roobis. Everyone here
Who 'Drak'tyne'? Wait, I am Drak'tyne. But why use mt last name?
{Basic}"Rayror iz here."




Hey Fuzzball, wait up I’ll help you out just incase these folks don’t understand you. So Serg, I’m with the Wookiee on this one, I’m starving too.

{Basic} "I will go with yuoz two. Azz the cook, I need to zee theez kitchen."

OOC: Rayror has an accent.

Uron Teff
25 August 2005, 05:54 AM
Hey Fuzzball, wait up I’ll help you out just incase these folks don’t understand you. So Serg, I’m with the Wookiee on this one, I’m starving too.

As Shorrarr hears his nickname spoken by an unfamiliar voice he turns around and sees a male human locking at his face.

[Shorrarr] Warruhl woura ralowrah?
Have you just said this to me?

He raises his upper lip and presents his teeth. A slight growl is hearable as he steps towards the human. How did he knew my nick name? I hope for his face that he hadn't tried to offend me!

Still snarling he asks.

[Shorrarr] Rawrowarl orualror rooular woulra!
Who are you and I hope your not trying to affont me!

He studies the human appearance. I don't think that he meant to harm me by calling me Fuzzball.

[Shorrarr] Whorararo Shorrarr. Roaulwro alorwoar uorwarowl. Whorarowur wruzzorwl rolwwua rhwlao.
My name is Shorrarr. I'm the heavy weapons specialist as you can see. But my friends used to call me Fuzzball as you rightly suggested.

He points with his huge paw at the heavy repeating blaster laying on the bunk.

djas_puhr
25 August 2005, 06:20 AM
[Shorrarr]: Warruhl woura ralowrah?
Have you just said this to me?

Edgar instantly knows he’s in for it. Great, I just unsettled a Wookiee. Now I know why Frobecca warned me about his kind.

Defensively Edgar puts up his hands and starts to back away from the irate Wookiee.


[Shorrarr]: Rawrowarl orualror rooular woulra!
Who are you and I hope your not trying to affront me!

Great. Now I’ve really gone and made the Wookiee mad. If things couldn’t get any worse. Edgar quickly looks around the room for an exit but the only exit he can see is right through the oncoming Wookiee.


[Shorrarr]: Whorararo Shorrarr. Roaulwro alorwoar uorwarowl. Whorarowur wruzzorwl rolwwua rhwlao.
My name is Shorrarr. I'm the heavy weapons specialist as you can see. But my friends used to call me Fuzzball as you rightly suggested.

My apologies Shorrarr, I meant no offense to you or your family. Shorrarr, I recognize Shor as meaning deadly or fierce, which you honor your name quit well. I’m afraid I don’t what rarr means. You see I spent five years on Kashyyyk and most of the time I was with Frobecca. He too had your nickname, I thought that most Wookiees used that nickname. Again I apologies for my error.

----------

OOC: thefoce.net has the meanings of prefixes and suffixes in case you are wondering.

chiefcaptin
25 August 2005, 06:20 AM
[Shorrarr] Whorararo Shorrarr. Roaulwro alorwoar uorwarowl. Whorarowur wruzzorwl rolwwua rhwlao.

"For all of you who don't speak Shyriiwook he said that his name is Shorrarr, he works with heavy weapons and he likes to be called fuzz ball." explains Jas while fooling with his sensor pack, "As for me I'm Jas Lafoto, Im a scout and trailblazer, but you can call me Jas."

DentArthurDent
25 August 2005, 06:47 AM
*Oran tries to hide the smile that quickly comes after hearing the exchange between Spades and the newly (and oldly) nicknamed Fuzzball.*

Oran: Yeah, that's fine. McGregor, Shorarr, and .... Rayror, sorry. You three go get some grub. And make it quick. I'm sure it will be plenty cold in this place with an empty stomach.



(OOC: Driving back home now, so I won't be able to respond to anything until at least 2 pm EST. Have fun, kiddies)

PsychoInfiltrator
25 August 2005, 08:09 AM
Rayror follows the other two to the kitchen.

"Cold, this plaze iz. No plaze for Barabelzz, methinkz. ... No plaze for anybodieezzz"

OOC: PS: On vac Fri to Wed. I hereby authorize Bocce to roleplay Rayror, and to make appropriate cooking checks.

PPS: If I fail to cook it wrong, does that mean i cooked it right?;)

boccelounge
25 August 2005, 10:51 AM
INTERIOR: ECHO BASE


Originally posted by DentArthurDent
Oran: Yeah, that's fine. McGregor, Shorarr, and .... Rayror, sorry. You three go get some grub. And make it quick. I'm sure it will be plenty cold in this place with an empty stomach.

Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
Rayror follows the other two to the kitchen.
"Cold, this plaze iz. No plaze for Barabelzz, methinkz. ... No plaze for anybodieezzz"
The three of you make your way out into the twisting, confusing corridors of Echo Base. Your transport touched down just before sunset, and by now the base is cold and dark. After a few minutes of wandering around, it's quite clear you're lost.

From a wide side passage blows a strong, bitterly cold draft. You reach the end of the passage, revealing a huge hangar bay filled with various starfighters, a few small transports, and what look like custom-built combat airspeeders. Despite the late hour, there are still numerous soldiers, technicians, and droids at work.

Just as you turn to head back the way you came, a long piercing HOWL rings through the hangar. It sounds very much like a Wookiee, and a distraught one at that.

The cold draft stops abruptly, as off in distance the hangar's large shield doors are closed. Before you can turn to see where the "Wookiee howl" came from, you're cut off by a silver-plated C3 protocol droid. He eyes your strange trio for a second, then speaks in a level baritone:

C3 DROID: Pardon me, sirs, but you seem to be... misplaced. May I direct you to your destination?
After a few failed attempts to explain the directions from hangar to kitchen, the droid gives up, and decides to lead you there himself.

The first thing you notice about the kitchens is that they're huge. It's clear this is more than a Outer Rim listening post-- there are facilities to support thousands of troops here. Only a few sections are currently activated though, and it takes little time to track down some passable ration bars.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

djas_puhr
25 August 2005, 11:32 AM
Shorrarr, did you hear that cry in the hanger bay back there? Sounded like someone close to him died. Wonder what that was all about, what you think?

Edgar looks around for a duty cook, but fails to find one around the kitchen. Hmm… This place could feed the entire Rebel Alliance, yet there are no cooks around. Edgar searches for some sort of refer or dry goods storage and after looking for five minutes finds a refer full of Nerf steaks and some sort of poultry. Inside another refer Edgar also spots some greens and vegetables and fruit that might be edible, if properly cooked.

Rayror, you think you could whip up something from these refers?

As he motions to the meat locker and the vegetable refer. Edgar hopes that the word on the street about the cook is legit, that he can fix a mean pie. I would love some Corellian Brandy apple pie right about now.

Uron Teff
25 August 2005, 11:54 AM
[Shorrarr] Woural woorruawhr warouo ourahr ruwaor rourar. Roulwa wroularow urolarw? Arouwo roulwao uolhrawhro. Alorworuh wroualho.
Yes, I think he lost somebody who is realy close to him. Maybe I could find out who this was? But at least not today. I'm to hungry and to tired.

He walks over to the nerf steaks and picks one of them. He sniffs at it and takes a big bite.

[Shorrarr] Roulawor uoraloruw woarohlar.
It's still eatable but tastes a bit old.

Eating the rest of his nerf steak he searches the kitchen for a can of tea or some thing similar to drink.

[Shorrarr]Woural arouwar woarhorw wuharwo ourouarhwr? Roularh wroulahwro arouwhwroa roulawra wourwalowur arouwhroarh? Lourarwsh roulwrourh arouwr.
Why do they have this big kitchen when they haven't got something warm to drink? Considering that there isn't enough live on this ice block why would there be akitchen as big as this here? Must be realy important, this planet I mean.

djas_puhr
25 August 2005, 12:06 PM
[Shorrarr]: Woural woorruawhr warouo ourahr ruwaor rourar. Roulwa wroularow urolarw? Arouwo roulwao uolhrawhro. Alorworuh wroualho.
Yes, I think he lost somebody who is realy close to him. Maybe I could find out who this was? But at least not today. I'm to hungry and to tired.

Edgar nods in agreement; his stomach is starting to growl from hunger. He watches Shorrarr walk towards the meat locker and grab a piece of Nerf steaks and take a bite out of it.

Shorrarr, how you stand eating a piece of raw meat I’ll never understand. I’ll take mine medium rare any day of the week.


[Shorrarr]: Woural arouwar woarhorw wuharwo ourouarhwr? Roularh wroulahwro arouwhwroa roulawra wourwalowur arouwhroarh? Lourarwsh roulwrourh arouwr.
Why do they have this big kitchen when they haven't got something warm to drink? Considering that there isn't enough live on this ice block why would there be a kitchen as big as this here? Must be really important, this planet I mean.

Edgar continues to walk around looking for something to drink. He finds the beverage bar, grabs a mug and pours himself a cup of café and begins to drink it straight up. Nothing added for flavor or to remove the bitterness.

Now that café really hits the spot. Warms ya up quick too. Don’t know what to tell ya Fuzzball. Looks like this isn’t our typical outpost, seems more like a Command HQ by the looks of all the equipment here. Did you see those speeders back in the hanger, not to mention the REALLY BIG blast door leading out into this ice planet? Something’s up and I have a really bad feeling about this place.

Night who says ni
25 August 2005, 12:33 PM
Losing his appitite Kell stays behind looking around the room he find his bunk and plops down on it setting up another picture of Yuna he brought along, he pulls our his silenced Feild Sport Air pistol and starts to polish it, getting bored with that he puts it back into its holster put of his other holster he then pulls out his Merr-Sonn 434 "Deathhammer"
have I gone threw alot with this he thought to himselt as he looked at the markings of the same symbol that is on his necklace (1 each for each imp he has killed there is about 12 markings)holsters it and takes them off and puts them away. When "spades" gets back he waits for him to get settled and walks up to him
Hey uh Spades your a recon guy right. Well im sorta new to this military thing i was killing imps on my own for a long time and got good at hiding but thats about all the experience I have any advice?Sorry if I sound like a wus but i dont really know what im doing....

chiefcaptin
25 August 2005, 01:00 PM
Hey uh Spades your a recon guy right. Well im sorta new to this military thing i was killing imps on my own for a long time and got good at hiding but thats about all the experience I have any advice?Sorry if I sound like a wus but i dont really know what im doing....

Well Acually I'm the Recon/Trailblazer guy. Spades here is the sniper. If you have questions about Recon you can ask me.

He puts his sensor pack down and lays down on his bunk with his hands behind his head.

boccelounge
25 August 2005, 01:04 PM
INTERIOR: ECHO BASE


Originally posted by djas_puhr
Rayror, you think you could whip up something from these refers?
RAYROR flicks out a reptilian tongue in response, gathers up the foodstuffs, and heads toward one of the AutoChef prep units. Soon, there are many pots boiling and cookers humming, and he gleefully rends the meat and veggies, tossing bits into this pot or that.

RAYROR: Findzz me some oilzz... the blacker the better...
--------------------

OOC: Entertain (Cook, Badly) Check: (Skill +4) + (d20 roll 11) = 15 (Success)

--------------------

A strangely nauseating cloud of fumes begins drifting from the AutoChef. RAYROR continues his preparations.


Originally posted by djas_puhr
Edgar... watches Shorrarr walk towards the meat locker and grab a piece of Nerf steaks and take a bite out of it.
"Shorrarr, how you stand eating a piece of raw meat I’ll never understand. I’ll take mine medium rare any day of the week."
RAYROR: I prefer itzz raw, and wriggling... but I cook good for humanzz...
After a short time, RAYROR has prepared several large pots of what he calls "stew." You all carry them back to the barracks, thick green steam rising from the cauldrons.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Uron Teff
25 August 2005, 01:22 PM
On the way back to the barrack carrying two pots of Rayror's so called 'stew' Shorrarr is quite thankful that he had eaten this (huge) nerf steak back in the kitchen. Remembering what the last time happened as Rayror cooked he surrows the new guys in their platoon. I'm glad that I can say that Wookiees only eat raw meat.

[Shorrarr] Rayror, oulawr raoulwr hourwwaw. Woular roulaarou wroaulr arowulwauor.
Rayror, I'm prittey sorry that I'm not hungry anymore. I just ate two dozen of those rations and remember this huge nerf steak.

He tries to grin but it seems more like affant than a friendly mimic.

[Shorrarr] Woarour ralorw shraour?
I hope you do understand?

Night who says ni
25 August 2005, 02:23 PM
Well Acually I'm the Recon/Trailblazer guy. Spades here is the sniper. If you have questions about Recon you can ask me.

ok my bad how im preety new dont really know anyone accept from basic training. why r u here, i mean as a reble what they do to you?

He pulls up a stoll and sits down next to Jas, kell also starts fidling with his neckless.

PsychoInfiltrator
25 August 2005, 04:16 PM
Rayror looks over at Shorrarr.
{Basic}"What you zay? Me no zpake Shriiewookie, me zpake Barabel. We needz a translator.
{Barabel} "I don't underztand why anybody would want cooked food. I tried one of the stews a Sullastan taught me to make and it tasted horrible. It might be civilized, and cooking might be civized, but I'm sticking to Raw meat."
Rats! Forgot to eat some of those raw nerf steaks. I think I'll just drop off the stew and head back. And if I get lost I can alsways scare somebody into showing me the way. I don't quite understand why everbody finds me so intimidating, especially when I smile or flex my claws. ... Or after I disembowel a stormtrooper and bite a chunk off for snack.

OOC: I'm not gone YET, but I don't mind Bocce's post,so far he's got Rayror's mentality about right. Though I must correct him on something. Its cook food wrong, not cook food bad. When Rayror cooks it wrong he does stuff like putting in the wrong ingredients, or pouring hot sauce over the suddenly flash-cooked Kuar shrimp. (Check out IC: Tempest Squadron to see how they are SUPPOSED to be served.) Or, of course, making carbon out of the prime cuts of nerf steak by setting the pressure cooker to the settinggs for cooking a full side of bantha.

PS: If failing a cook food wrong check blows your mind...this is going ot be fun...(smiles evilly.)

chiefcaptin
25 August 2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Night who says ni

ok my bad how im preety new dont really know anyone accept from basic training. why r u here, i mean as a reble what they do to you?

He pulls up a stoll and sits down next to Jas, kell also starts fidling with his neckless. [/B]

Well I got real pissed after those nerf-hearding Imperials blew up Alderran. I was a natrualist you see. Alderran was one of the biggist locations for rare animals and undeveloped plains, damn Imperials...

He tosses his canteen at the oppisite wall.

Night who says ni
25 August 2005, 05:36 PM
Well I got real pissed after those nerf-hearding Imperials blew up Alderran. I was a natrualist you see. Alderran was one of the biggist locations for rare animals and undeveloped plains, damn Imperials...

I know what you mean but it was my planet you know, I was out serveying with my dad and we basically saw our moon blow up, all the weman and childeren packed ito our onnly transport Kell looks away and wipes his eyes I lost my father on that day and my home. I was captured later on a star destroyer trying to cause trouble i forget what squad but im prety sure mabey even someone in here helped bail me out Kell by now is tightly holding onto his fathers necklace

Stirroret
25 August 2005, 10:27 PM
The platoon commander, Lieutenant Samson, calls for your attention. Staff Sgt. TOONS stands next him leaving his superior officer do the talking


FLASH: Uh, OK folks. Get your gear unpacked, and get comfortable. We should have a few hours off-duty. They want Delta to inspect a new outer perimeter recon station at first light, so rest up while you can.

FLASH: Shorrarr, we're going to need to requisition a bunk for you. I doubt there are any Wookiees on the base, so you'll have to make due with the biggest one we can get.

FLASH: You there, uh, Private Kell, head down the corridor to Alpha's barracks, and ask Lieutenant Krath to meet me in ten minutes.

He gives a quick, casual salute to KELL, and returns to unpacking his gear.

After FLASH dismisses the group and tells Sgt. ORAN to detail a pack volunteers for kitchen detail Staff Sgt. TOONS finally makes more notice of himself.

He's a tall, zabrak with a scar down the face from just above the eyebrow to the lower part of his cheek witnessing the one thing he was really famous for... the daring escape the Fortress planet of Prachis, after months of torture and interrogation. An escape that recently secured him The Medal Of Bravery and Courage. But other than that, no-one really knew this Staff Sgt. and he kept his background to himself.

He walks up to FLASH saluting:

TOONS: So what's your oppinion on the men sir? Up to standards?

DentArthurDent
25 August 2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Stirroret
TOONS: So what's your oppinion on the men sir? Up to standards?


Oran's keen senses picked up the quietly made comment over the noise of the soldiers settling into their bunks. Up to standards, indeed, he thought to himself. So many greenhorns. How many will still be, alive, much less with the unit, six months from now? Oran knew there was no sense in wondering about such things. His job wasn't to wonder about the future, at least not right now. His job was to lead these men to the best of his ability. And to be fed. Where the hell are those three, anyway? Oran wondered. He shrugged to himself and went about unpacking the rest of his few belongings.

JoJohnJohansen
26 August 2005, 01:00 AM
Seeing that Sergeant Nomak was occupied with inventorying the squad, AJ stepped back and waited for him to get a free moment. As he waited, AJ slipped his hand into the cargo pocket of his uniform and felt two rolls of flimplast. Suddenly AJ felt a flash of embarrassment and incompetence. The rolls were intel printouts of the Hoth system. He had received them shortly before arriving and should have already handed them over to the squad leaders. AJ stepped forward again and presented one of the printouts to Sgt Nomak.

----

INTEL BRIEF HOTH-001

1. CLIMATE/TERRAIN

SUMMARY: FROZEN, TUNDRA/GLAICER MIX (94% OF SURFACE); VOLCANIC MOUNTAINS (3% OF SURFACE); OTHER (1% OF SURFACE).

A. AVEREAGE TEMP 0600-1200 HRS [LOCAL TIME]= -28C

B. AVERAGE TEMP 1200-1800 HRS = -23C

C. AVERAGE TEMP 1800-2300 HRS = -51C

D. AVERAGE TEMP 2300(0000)-0600 HRS = -62C

E. AVERAGE SNOW DEPTH IN AREA OF OPERATIONS (AO): 10-140M

2. ORDER OF BATTLE:

A. OPPOSING FORCES (OPFOR)

(1). KNOWN OPFOR WITHIN AO: NONE

(2). SUSPECTED OPFOR WITHIN AO: NONE

(3). KNOWN OPFOR DEPLOYMENT AREAS: BESTINE SECTOR, BESTINE

(4). SUSPECTED OPFOR DEPLOYMENT AREAS: *INTEL REPORTS NEW IMPFLEET TASK FORCE DESIGNATION BB-001 DEPARTED KUAT, T -5 WEEKS; DESTINATION UNKNOWN

(5). KNOWN/SUSPECTED OPFOR OPERATIONS WITHIN STRATEGIC DISTANCES: NONE*

B. FRIENDLY FORCES (ALLFOR)

(1). ALLFOR WITHIN AO:

(A) 3 SECFOR REGIMENTS (TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT, DESIGNATIONS ECHO A, B, C)

(B ) 2 SPECFOR COMPANY (4TH DIV, 1ST REG, 3RD COMP, DESIGNATION ECHO X; 31ST MILITARY POLICE COMPANY, DESIGNATION ECHO Z)

(C) 3 SPECFOR ENGINEERING COMPANIES, INCLUDING 9TH ALDERAANIAN ARTILLERISTS

(D) 1 SECFOR MOUNTED SCOUT COMPANY (DESIGNATION ECHO D)

(E) 1 ALLIANCE NAVY FIGHTER WING (INCLUDIG VF-001, "ROGUE" SQUADRON, DESIGNATIONS ECHO 1-24)

(F) 1ALLIANCE NAVY TRANSPORTATION DIVISION (TPT-35, DESIGNATION ECHO T)

(G) *SPECIAL CIVILIAN DELEGATION* [CLASSIFIED]

(2). ALLFOR DEPLOYMENT AREAS:

(A) ECHO BASE

(B ) FORWARD POST ECHO ALPHA

(C) DEEP SPACE MONITOR STATION ECHO BRAVO (DROID OPERATED)

(4). ALLFOR SUPPORT ELEMENTS WITHIN AO/STRATEGIC DISTANCES: NONE

C. NEUTRAL FORCES (NUTEFOR)

(1). KNOWN NUTEFOR WITHIN AO: NONE

(2). SUSPECTED NUTEFOR WITHIN AO: UNKNOWN

(3). KNOWN NUTEFOR DEPLOYMENT AREAS: UNKNOWN

(4). SUSPECTED NUTEFOR DEPLOYMENT AREAS: NONE

(5). KNOWN/SUSPECTED SUPPORTING NUTEFOR: NONE

(6). KNOWN/SUSPECTED NUTEFOR OPERATIONS WITHIN STRATEGIC DISTANCES: NONE

3. INDIGENOUS INFORMATION

A. INDIGENOUS SETTLEMENTS AND DEMOGRAPHICS
NONE

B. SETTLEMENT LEADERSHIP AND KEY FIGURES
NONE

C. INDIGENOUS RELIGIONS OR ORGANIZED SECTS
NONE

4. PLANETARY POLITICAL STRUCTURE

A. GOVERNMENT STRUCTURE AND POLITIAL POWERS
NONE

B. POLITICAL KEY LEADERS
NONE

C. KNOWN/SUSPECTED ANTI/COUNTER GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS/GROUPS
NONE

D. ECONOMIC WORTH
NONE/MINIMAL

E. AVERAGE INCOMES PER DEMOGRAPHIC
N/A

5. OTHER ITEMS OF INTEREST

A. KNOWN DANGEROUS FAUNA

REPORTS OF INDIGENOUS LIFEFORMS, CONFIRMED:
- TAUNTAUN (SUITABLE FOR DOMESTICATION; PERSONAL TRANSPORT/LIGHT LABOR)

REPORTS OF INDIGENOUS LIFEFORMS, UNCONFIRMED:
- PREDATORY "ICE BEAST"

B. KNOWN DANGEROUS FLORA
NONE

C. KNOWN DANGEROUS TERRAIN
NIGHTTIME CLIMATE IS CONSIDERED EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. ALL PERSONNEL AND DROIDS CONFINED TO BASE BETWEEN 1900-0600 HRS.

D. ANY OTHER ITEMS OF CONCERN
POSSIBLE ACTIVE GEOLOGICAL FORMATIONS (VOLCANIC), SECTORS 19-25, 43, 56-61
POSSIBLE SYSTEM ASTEROID BELT, APPROX. 5.02 SOLAR RADIUS

6. ADDENDUM
See attached Planetary Survey Report JTT-20031204hoth1 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20031204hoth1)

JoJohnJohansen
26 August 2005, 01:01 AM
One of the perks of being in a special operations unit, or challenges depending on your point of view, was that you were expected to show a certain amount of independence and initiative. Considering this, AJ addressed Sgt Nomak. “Sarge, I see that you’re busy. I am going to go ahead to the Intel shop and see if I can scrounge any info on current events. If you need me, I’ll be on comms.” He put as much respect and submission into his voice as possible, without trying to sound too weak. He didn’t know Sgt Nomak that well, but he hoped that he was the kind of NCO that expected his troops to act.

Augusto was finally able decipher the command structure of Echo Base on his datapad and located the contact and location of the intelligence section, well at least a room number anyway. AJ turned and headed for the entrance, halting at Sgt Kay’Bain. “Sergeant, here is the intel overview of Hoth (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231522#post231522). If you have no questions, Sergeant, I’m heading to the Intel shop. The POC here is a 2LT Lithara Rushiri.”

As AJ stood there, waiting for a reply from Oran, he caught the foul whiff of something in the hallway. He didn’t know what could produce a smell that putrid, but it seemed to be getting stronger. AJ took a brief opportunity to glance through the door and saw the chow crew coming down the hall, holding some bowls. Sweat began to bead on AJ’s brow and he returned his gaze to Oran. “Uhm..Sergeant, if you have nothing for me, I’ll get going.” AJ hoped that by exerting an extreme metal focus towards Oran, it would speed up any response. AJ was always a dreamer.

(OOC: If Oran has nothing for me I will leave and attempt to find section R14-West, the Intel section)

Uron Teff
26 August 2005, 02:30 AM
Opening the door to the barrack of the Delta platoon Shorrarr makes growls under his breath comenting the smell of the 'barabel stew' made by Rayror.

[Shorrarr] Wourlaor ulraora shouralor.
I can't bear this malodor anylonger

He goes as fast as possible with the the two pots of 'stew' to one of the desks in the middle of the room and puts them down. 'Stew' the human had a second meaning for this word ... 'stew' ... he thinks.

[Shorrarr] Roulaw shoulra reoul shoular! Aroulwro ourlaorw roushroular reshrou.
Today is your lucky day! 'Chef' has made his famous barabel stew.

Stew...now I remember...and yes it realy smells like a stew wiht Tandoshan hookers. Uh! Maybe he should warn the others that this 'food' was in his opinion uneatable.

He turns around and views the half starved soldiers sitting or standing next to their brothers in arms. As he examines the soldiers among the few who understand his language he decides not to tell anybody. At least not the new ones.

As he walks towards Jas he says half-loud

[Shorrarr] Shwarour raourhrw arouroa!
The meat smelled a lot better as it was 'uncooked'!

Standung next to his old buddy Jas and says so that nobody can hear it - forgetting the fact that most of the soldiers don't understand him.

[Shorrarr] Raoulshr urachroul wouralarou urwoaroush?
Remeber the last time 'Chef' made his stew?

The following sounds have to be interpreted as the Wookiee equivalent to human laughter.

djas_puhr
26 August 2005, 02:56 AM
Edgar starved from the trip and waiting around in the mess hall grabs a bowl and head to his bunk. He inhales the odor from the stew and decides to open up his field pack and remove a bottle of Mustafar Hot Sauce and generously adds it to the stew. After a few seconds of adding the hot sauce Edgar begins to eat the stew. Something doesn’t taste right about this stew, but Edgar shrugs it off and continues to eat it as he adds more hot sauce to give it better flavor. He pauses eating for a second and turns towards Jas

Hey Jas, what you been up to lately? After Ops school I’d thought I never see you again.

He sees a Jas and Shorrarr standing together conversing but can't make out anything that they are saying to each other. He continues on eating the mystery stew.

DentArthurDent
26 August 2005, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by JoJohnJohansen
“Uhm..Sergeant, if you have nothing for me, I’ll get going.” AJ hoped that by exerting an extreme metal focus towards Oran, it would speed up any response.

Oran: Huh? Oh, sorry. My mind was elsewhere. Yeah, you'd better get going. The quicker we have that info, the happier I'll be.

Oran and AJ exchange salutes and AJ scampers out of the room just ahead of the chow crew. Oran takes a big whiff of the purported "stew" being brought back. The aroma is wonderful. He grabs a bowl and settles onto his bunk to reread the intel report he had just been given. Seconds and a spoonful later, he asks Spades for his Hot Sauce.

djas_puhr
26 August 2005, 08:22 AM
Edgar hears a request for his Mustafar Hot Sauce and smile as he tosses it in the general direction of the request.

Use it sparingly, stuff will take oil and grease off of duracrete. Also its useful for removing wax off of floor tiles. I’ve got a supply hook up that gets me this stuff regularly, let me know if ya want a bottle.

He turns back to stew and continues ingesting it.

Frak, we forgot to bring in something good to drink.

Stormrider
26 August 2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr


Frak, we forgot to bring in something good to drink. [/B]

A thud sounded as a bottle wrapped in a small amount of plastic ((Or the SW's equivalent)) hit Edgars bunk. The thrower stood in the doorway. A small man with a slender build and short cropped and unruly brown hair. A roguish grin lit up his face. Corellian brandy Thought it might warm us up on this frosty hell" "Just don't mention this to the duty cooks hey?"

((Chuckles. They don't call him lightfinger for nothing))

boccelounge
26 August 2005, 11:15 AM
INTERIOR: DELTA PLATOON BARRACKS, ECHO BASE


Originally posted by Stirroret
Staff Sgt. TOONS stands next him leaving his superior officer do the talking... After FLASH dismisses the group and tells Sgt. ORAN to detail a pack volunteers for kitchen detail Staff Sgt. TOONS finally makes more notice of himself... He walks up to FLASH saluting:

TOONS: So what's your oppinion on the men sir? Up to standards?
FLASH considers this question for just a second, and seems unsure how to respond.
FLASH: Uh, yes, I'm sure they'll be adequate. Once we've molded them into a proper, uh, fighting unit, that is. I think High Command is going to give us some training time before we get thrown into anything big, so, uh, let's just do our jobs and get them in shape. Carry on, then, Sergeant.
FLASH exits; TOONS notices a sabacc tiles poking out of the lieutenant's little black bag.

The rest of the platoon soon settles into familiar routines: unpacking gear, complaining about the living conditions, and cracking jokes. The low murmur of conversation and restrained laughter is suddenly interrupted:


Originally posted by chiefcaptin
Well I got real pissed after those nerf-hearding Imperials blew up Alderran... He tosses his canteen at the oppisite wall.
There's a brief moment of silence, then the conversation resumes. One of soldiers, Private YUG, is heard over the background noise:
PRIVATE YUG: Guess he doesn't like the water here either...
YUG and several of the younger privates gathered around him laugh, and glance occasionally at KELL and JAS.

Soon, the food detail returns.


Originally posted by Uron Teff
Opening the door to the barrack of the Delta platoon Shorrarr makes growls under his breath comenting the smell of the 'barabel stew' made by Rayror.... He goes as fast as possible with the the two pots of 'stew' to one of the desks in the middle of the room and puts them down.
[Shorrarr] Roulaw shoulra reoul shoular! Aroulwro ourlaorw roushroular reshrou.
Today is your lucky day! 'Chef' has made his famous barabel stew.
The men's excitement at this announcement is considerably dampened when they get a good look at the stuff. Black-green fog seems to hang over the pot; the broth resembles overheated motor oil, the vegetables are over-cooked to the point of liquification, while the meat is still bloody and half-raw.
RAYROR: Dig in, warmbloodzz! Hot stewzz to heatzz cold stomachzz!
He watches, obviously pleased with himself, as the men reluctantly fill their bowls with the black broth.


Originally posted by djas_puhr
Edgar... grabs a... bottle of Mustafar Hot Sauce and generously adds it to the stew.

Originally posted by DentArthurDent
Oran... grabs a bowl and settles onto his bunk to reread the intel report he had just been given. Seconds and a spoonful later, he asks Spades for his Hot Sauce.

Originally posted by djas_puhr
Use it sparingly, stuff will take oil and grease off of duracrete. Also its useful for removing wax off of floor tiles...
RAYROR notices this "modification" to his creation. He approaches, his face stretched into a fang-baring expression that is either anger or a smile...
RAYROR: No, humanzz! Bad! Will destroy delicate balancezz of flavorzz! Wax removerzz for casserolezz, not stewzz!
Agitated, he slinks back to his bunk. Taking a small hunk of the nerf-steak from his tunic, he devours it in one gulp, muttering to himself about the culinary ignorance of Alliance Troopers...

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Stormrider
26 August 2005, 11:53 AM
Ketran offered a grin and promptly filled his bowl with Raynor's black sludge of a stew. It's smell reminded him of home on Corellia and Kashyyyk. "Whats in it this time my Barbel friend? I do hope you didn't forget the raw meat!"

((Yes Ketran likes the Barbels cooking))

Uron Teff
26 August 2005, 12:00 PM
[Shorrarr] Roualwrao shorwoau rhauorwo wruaorod. Ruard adroush wroaorwra uarowujroa wrouarouad!
I think you need the brandy for neutralizing your mouth. And as I know chef it tasts just as good as it smells.

He reaches inside his leather shoulder bag and pulls out a small hip flask. After taking a dram he shekes shortly his head and screws the cap down on his hip flask.

[Shorrarr] Rouaw warurrwarwo owruaourarw wurwoarh shourwar...roualsr uwru oaruow. Grakkyn! Roulashr wroular rularouw aruoorua rrouwuroa wurroar rouaw wrouarash. Warourah rrouwroarh wruoarr wroau arourashro trandoshorw.
And if somebody has problem with getting the smell out of his nostrils...try this wookiee liquor. Grakkyn! If you ever suffer from constipation take a mouthful of Grakkyn and your healthy again. Otherwise you can take this stuff to poison somebody or you can sanitize the john after a dozen trandoshan craped it all over.

Again the sound of wookiee laughter is filing the air.

Stormrider
26 August 2005, 12:16 PM
Ketran gave a snort of amusement. "I think I'll stick with the Brandy Shorrarr. Wookiee homebrew liquor packs too much punch for me"

Stirroret
26 August 2005, 12:27 PM
FLASH: Uh, yes, I'm sure they'll be adequate. Once we've molded them into a proper, uh, fighting unit, that is. I think High Command is going to give us some training time before we get thrown into anything big, so, uh, let's just do our jobs and get them in shape. Carry on, then, Sergeant. Sgt. Toons salutes his superior and heads for the barracks to join the men eating.

hmmm...an odd bunch of soldiers..., he says studying the others around the tables as he pours himself a plate of... whatever it is... he takes a sniff wew...what in the name of Force is this? Well hell... I've tried worse

He takes a bite feeling the hotsauce burning a bit you can live of it... but it tastes like crap he looks at Ketran as he says
"I think I'll stick with the Brandy Shorrarr. Wookiee homebrew liquor packs too much punch for me"
"I have to agree with you on that one, private...", he says with a smile, "...you must be Private Ketran Volos? If I'm not completely off"

Stormrider
26 August 2005, 12:39 PM
"Thats me!" Ketran turned and offered the Sergeant a salute. He tossed the bottle of Brandy towards Sgt.Toons bunk. ((We're in the barracks. Not the Mess)) "Don't tell the duty cooks about this little jewel would you sir? l. It's the last of my stash. and they raid it everytime they get a chance"

Stirroret
26 August 2005, 12:52 PM
"Thats me!" Ketran turned and offered the Sergeant a salute. He tossed the bottle of Brandy towards Staff Sgt.Toons bunk, "Don't tell the duty cook about this little jewel would you sir? l. It's the last of my stash. and the bastard raids it everytime he gets the chance"

"Don't worry I won't", he says, saluting back and takes a sip letting the bouqet of the brandy sink in before taking a good one "aaaah", he closed his eyes with satisfied smile "this...I haven't had anything like this for as long as I can remember" he states before throwing it back to Ketran "Thanks private"...

that was a taste of heaven..., he thought to himself as he started eating the chow with great speed and hunger. It takes little less than a minute before the plate is clean...

Mack Jace
26 August 2005, 02:11 PM
Ragab walks into the barracks and shivers. Damn, it's a lot colder here than I'm used to. Ragab tosses his stuff down onto a bed that noone's taken and places his shotgun next to his bed, within easy reach. Hearing everybody else introducing themselves, he says 'Lo everybody. Name's Ragab, but you can call me Rag. I'm the squad's medic, so if you've got a problem, jus' come see me. Oh and I'm also an Underwater Ops expert, though I can't see how that'll help here.

Later on, when a pretty fierce looking Barabel brought out dinner, Ragab wolfed it down, not even caring what it tasted like. This ain't bad. Ain't good, but it ain't bad. He then sat down, pulled out his cigarras and said Anybody got a light?

Stormrider
26 August 2005, 04:07 PM
"Looks like your cold friend. Take a swig of this should drive the chill out of yours bones" Ketran offered a grin to Rag as he threw the brandy bottle to him. ""Corellian Brandy"

djas_puhr
26 August 2005, 04:47 PM
RAYROR: No, humanzz! Bad! Will destroy delicate balancezz of flavorzz! Wax removerzz for casserolezz, not stewzz!

Edgar looks up at the Barbel with a raised right eyebrow. I thought I was doing the stew a favor by adding some spice to it. I love SPICY food, guess I should keep my comments more guarded around our cook.

Right, hot sauce for casserole, not stews. Got it. Great job on the stew by the way.

Edgar tries putting as much truth possible in the last statement, even though everything that he eats always gets a healthy does of hot sauce. Something to do with the way military cooks prep the food or the way its stored. Edgar never really bothered finding out why he always added hot sauce to all military meals he ate, including MRE’s.

Edgar reaches for his metal cup and blows real hard into it, clearing out any dust from it.


[Shorrarr] Roualwrao shorwoau rhauorwo wruaorod. Ruard adroush wroaorwra uarowujroa wrouarouad!
I think you need the brandy for neutralizing your mouth. And as I know chef it tastes just as good as it smells.

Edgar looks towards Shorrarr and looks stunned from what the Wookiee is saying. He continues to pour Corellian Brandy into the metal cup and toss it back.


[Shorrarr] Rouaw warurrwarwo owruaourarw wurwoarh shourwar...roualsr uwru oaruow. Grakkyn! Roulashr wroular rularouw aruoorua rrouwuroa wurroar rouaw wrouarash. Warourah rrouwroarh wruoarr wroau arourashro trandoshorw.
And if somebody has problem with getting the smell out of his nostrils...try this wookiee liquor. Grakkyn! If you ever suffer from constipation take a mouthful of Grakkyn and your healthy again. Otherwise you can take this stuff to poison somebody or you can sanitize the john after a dozen trandoshan craped it all over

After hear that exchange Edgar busts out laughing, knowing full well what it looks like when Trandoshans have issues with their bowl movements. As well as how he would feel if he had a swig of Grakkyn, last time he had a swig from Frobecca it was on Kashyyyk during a Life Day celebration about five years ago was it. Last time he didn't wake up for two full days from the Grakkyn. Edgar shakes his head in disbelief that time has past so much, and the hangover he had when he came to.


Rag: Anybody got a light?

Edgar looks up quizzingly towards the squads medic. He chuckles to himself as he looks for anything that might start a cigar. I knew I packed a butane lighter somewhere, were did I put it. Edgar smacks his head with his right palm, as he remembers were the lighter is. He reaches into his cargo pocket and walks towards the Medic.

What type of cigars ya got there?

He passes the lighter over to the medic, and adds,

I’m Edgar McGregor, but Spades is my nickname. I missed your name, forgive me I was getting the stew for us to eat.

EZE1138
26 August 2005, 06:21 PM
A short fur-covered creature, dressed in basic Rebel fatigues slouches into the barracks, greated by the sounds of a roaring Wookiee and laughter, steel spoons clinking off the sides of plates and bowls.

"'Bothington'," he muttered under his breath, "they didn't even bother to tell the Sgt. my name. Typical."

Tav Ruk'bun shuffled his way to an empty bunk, eyeing the pot of what looked like offal mixed with battery acid (with a smell to match) as he passed. His reddish-brown fur rippled in what a Bothan would know as disapproving. Without a thought, he wisked from out of one of his shoulder bags a basic field ration. With a quick movement, he ripped it open and pulled out the thin tube of solid nutrients and began gnawing on it, letting the empty package flutter to the floor. As he chewed on the ration like an unlit cigar, he pulled out a small thermos, unscrewed the cap and poured out what was now cold tea. He sipped it, his fur fluttering a bit. He continued to gnaw on the ration, his tapered ears twitching this way and that to catch snippets of the conversation around him.

He sat back on his bunk, watching his fellow 'toon poison itself with what could only be some horribly dangerous chemicals. If they are that trusting of strange food, he could only wonder how they would be in the field. Probably gnaw on whatever was thrown in front of them, even if it was a candy covered grenade. Gods help a soldier with an empty stomach...

(OOC: Sorry so late! Busy week! Great stuff! Wookiee stew! Yabada!! Should keep up now)

Stormrider
26 August 2005, 06:29 PM
With a thunk the bottle of brandy landed beside the Bothan. "Something to warm your bones friend! A nice bottle of Corellian brandy" Ketran offered a roguish grin to the new arrival.

EZE1138
26 August 2005, 06:55 PM
Ketran- "Something to warm your bones friend! A nice bottle of Corellian brandy"

Tav's fur ripples uncertainly as he picks up the bottle, turning it over in his hands. His ears flatten against his head as he looked back up at Ketran.

"Thanks. This is...er...well, very kind. Thanks."

The small Bothan pours a bit of the brandy into his cup, barely enough to flavor the tea. He smiles quickly, a brief upturn of the sides of his mouth, never taking his eyes off of the fellow soldier. The fur on his shoulders stops moving for a second as he sniffs the cup and takes a sip, barely wetting his lips.

"Ah. Delicious. Yes, very nice. Hmm."

He reaches out with the bottle to hand it back to Ketran, nodding repeatedly in what he hopes to be an encouraging way.

He hopes no one sees him as he pours the remaining tea to the floor on the other side of the bunk. (OOC: Bluff or Sleight of Hand check).

Night who says ni
26 August 2005, 07:33 PM
Sitting in a corner drinking out of a flask of brandy and trying to eat the stew kell watches the people interact and at least look like they are having fun, but he cant bring himself to talk to other people. *pulls out a cookie and eats it* he start to sharpen his knife as well, often stopping to refill his flask of brandy.

chiefcaptin
26 August 2005, 08:33 PM
[Shorrarr] Shwarour raourhrw arouroa! Raoulshr urachroul wouralarou urwoaroush?

Jas takes a wiff of the stew. Unfortantly yes... he grabs a bag of frozen muja berries out of his pack. Sorry Raynor, I'm vegitarian...

Edgar: Hey Jas, what you been up to lately? After Ops school I’d thought I never see you again.

Well I've killed a couple dozen Stormies but thats about it. Nothin' relly exiting He throws a few berrys into his mouth.


[Shorrarr] Rouaw warurrwarwo owruaourarw wurwoarh shourwar...roualsr uwru oaruow. Grakkyn! Roulashr wroular rularouw aruoorua rrouwuroa wurroar rouaw wrouarash. Warourah rrouwroarh wruoarr wroau arourashro trandoshorw.

Give me a shot Furball!

Uron Teff
27 August 2005, 12:00 AM
Shorrarr tosses the closed hip flask towards Jas.

[Shorrarr] Rouwwaro uhaoraur shrowuaoruow. Rawouraw warourarhsh ruawrowaswrou. Rouarwaro arwwrour sharwourwo arouarwour wrouraruiouw rouarowur rouashrowu? Rouashro aruoarwr raouwrar.
But buddy take it easy. First this stuff has to suffice for a while. And second remember the last time you tried to neutralize your mouth after one of chefs' delicious meals? But go ahead, take a dram.

He turns around to look at Edgar. Thinking if the last time that he had seen him and that he hasn't changed since that. Sabacc! It's time to play sabacc, now everybody had chosen either to eat this 'meal' or to wait till the liquor reaches his position. And maybe we get to know the new guys around?

[Shorrarr] Ruwrourwa woruarouw rwuorwarw! Wrouiarw orwaurw arouwuor? Rouwraur Kay'Brain rouarwrwr orwua? Jas? Ruarwoura rowuroar Spades? rowuraour rwouarourowuroaruowshrwouarwourwa, rouarwsh? Wrouarwro rouarshrw!
Folks it's Sabacc time! Who wants to play? Sergeant Kay'brain, are you with us? Jas? What about you Spades? And Privat 'I-don't-like-wookiee-liquor' Ketran, what about you? And the others, feel free to join!

After a short silence he adds.

[Shorrarr] Wrouaraour shourwwarrw rawrou raourwr!
I promise that I won't rip any arms!

He holps his fury hand up and crosses his forefinger and his middle finger.

[Shorrarr] Wourad, radouwro aruowd!
Now come on, don't let me down!

Mack Jace
27 August 2005, 03:20 AM
"Looks like your cold friend. Take a swig of this should drive the chill out of yours bones" Taking a sip, Ragab passes it back and says Thanks, that did the trick.


What type of cigars ya got there? He passes the lighter over to the medic, and adds, I’m Edgar McGregor, but Spades is my nickname. I missed your name, forgive me I was getting the stew for us to eat. Pulling out his pack of cigarras he says Thanks Spades. Some of the finest, Nubian T'bac. I'm savin the rest of these for our first battle as a platoon, though I don't see that it'll happen here. He takes the lighter and lights his cigarra, then leans back in his chair and enjoys it.

chiefcaptin
27 August 2005, 05:48 AM
[Shorrarr] Rouwwaro uhaoraur shrowuaoruow. Rawouraw warourarhsh ruawrowaswrou. Rouarwaro arwwrour sharwourwo arouarwour wrouraruiouw rouarowur rouashrowu? Rouashro aruoarwr raouwrar.

Don't worry...only one shot. he takes a shot and starts to feel dizzie for a while then quickly regains consensness.


[Shorrarr] Ruwrourwa woruarouw rwuorwarw! Wrouiarw orwaurw arouwuor? Rouwraur Kay'Brain rouarwrwr orwua? Jas? Ruarwoura rowuroar Spades? rowuraour rwouarourowuroaruowshrwouarwourwa, rouarwsh? Wrouarwro rouarshrw!

Deal me in! He sits down near everyone else with the sabacc cards.

Night who says ni
27 August 2005, 06:11 AM
Deal me in! He sits down near everyone else with the sabacc cards.
Ah Sabac what good memroies with that game

Deal me in and how bout some of that wookie liquor youve got fuzzball while your at it

Stormrider
27 August 2005, 06:38 AM
"Sabacc eh? Why the hell not. deal me in" Ketran said with a grin.
So many fond memories with these fellows. I guess after Lowya, their family.

DentArthurDent
27 August 2005, 07:03 AM
*A wry grin crosses Oran's face as he's called over for a game of Sabacc. A dozen memories of the game flood his mind, including one where he won an Imperial Captain's funny little hat.*

Oran: Why, I'd say Sabacc is a great idea, Fuzzball. Can't believe I didn't think of it first. I'm in.

Mack Jace
27 August 2005, 12:24 PM
Watching everybody else sit down to play Sabaac, Ragab laughed. Not even a day here and you're already wasting your money. Sorry guys, but I think I'd rather watch. He sat down on his bunk, grabbed his gun and began some maintenance on it.

djas_puhr
27 August 2005, 12:37 PM
Edgar hears sabaac from Shorrarr and then remembers last time that he played with him.

Sorry Fuzzball, not this time. I owe you from last game, and I ain't one to go farther into debt.

He walks back to his bunk and cleans things up around there. Once finished he grabs his towl and hygen gear and head to the nearest refresher to get the grime of travel of his skin.

DentArthurDent
27 August 2005, 08:11 PM
*Oran enlists the aid of Shorarr to move a large table and several chairs into place in the center of the room, then they both sit down. A glimmer of something approaching delight gleams in Oran's eyes.*

Oran: Well, men, are we going to gamble? These creds are just burning holes in my pocket. Haha, c'mon, I'll even deal. We'll even start off slowly with a 2 credit buy-in. Everybody sit down, somebody name the blinds, and let's get this "Welcome to Icy Hell" party started!

*Oran pulls out his Sabacc deck and begins deftly shuffling the cards, waiting for the rest of have a seat.*

EZE1138
28 August 2005, 02:35 AM
Tav continues to hold the bottle out towards Ketran, who seems to have lost interest in it when the sound of "sabacc" calls through the air and seems to call to him like Siren Fish from Aquaris. Tav watches as the table and chairs are set up in the center of the room. He sidles up to the table.

He sits at an open chair, head hung a bit dejectedly. He mutters:

Uh, yeah. So my old unit was on a different pay system than this one and, he pauses a moment.

So, well, the thing is I am not due to get any new creds until next week so...can someone float a guy a loan? I am good for it.


His ears flatten against the side of his head and he sits, hands folded neatly on the table in front of him.

Stormrider
28 August 2005, 06:41 AM
How much ya need? Ketran grunted turning back to the Bothan and taking the bottle of brandy from him and took a swig. The liquors fiery warmth lifting the chill from his bones.

EZE1138
28 August 2005, 12:05 PM
Ketran-How much ya need?

The corners of the Bothan's mouth turn up ever so slightly and the hair on his arms rippled in slow waves, possibly of relief.

Why, I don't know. What are the stakes in this game? Maybe enough to last a hand or two. I am surely out of my league. Thanks, though. I really am good for the credits.

He shifts a bit in his seat, getting comfortable.

boccelounge
28 August 2005, 12:23 PM
DELETED: looks like Uron's back.

Stirroret
28 August 2005, 01:52 PM
Staff Sergeant Toons glances at the men getting on with a game of Sabacc the men seem to have a somewhat good morale, despite being stuck on a block of ice without further orders or reason but training, he thought to himself with a smile while changing his T-shirt to a more casual one.

He takes a quick look to analysize the situation, searching for the natural leaders in the squad it's always wise beginning to screen for candidates in case some of the leading personnel should eat a laser-blast under fire. I just hope it won't be necessary - just yet

He walked up to the group and grabbed a chair to sit by and watch the game "hi men...to those of you, that doesn't know it- I'm Staff Sergeant Khan Toons", he checks to see if he gets through, "I'm the Platoon Executive Officer, if there is anything you should need or if you need to talk..." he pauses for effect and smiles "...if you need it, I'm ready to lend you an ear. If you don't - fine by me"

Uron Teff
28 August 2005, 02:26 PM
[Shorrarr] Roursh raa! Wrouarour roushroura wruoaror.
XO, aha! I've got one question.

Shorrarr pauses and leans foreward to the new XO. His face turns from the usual poker-I-want-to-rip-arms-off-face to a help seeking mien. And he says with a unusual soft and smooth (for a Wookiee) voice.

[Shorrarr] Wrouarhs rouar?
Wanna join?

And he shows the biggest Wookiee grinning ever seen by man.

Stirroret
28 August 2005, 03:17 PM
Shorrarr says "Roursh raa! Wrouarour roushroura wruoaror" pauses and leans foreward to the new XO. His face turns from the usual poker-I-want-to-rip-arms-off-face to a help seeking mien. And he says with a unusual soft and smooth (for a Wookiee) voice, "Wrouarhs rouar?"

Sgt. Toons looks at the wookie for some time, trying to deciffer the roars from the Shyriiwook spoken. I understand the meaning from his bodylanguage..."do I want to be dealt in?"...but other than that...?? Did he say just start by saying something about a red wood eating grass?!? "I'm sorry, I'm not a gambling man... I think I'll sit this one out", he said with a smile

Stormrider
28 August 2005, 03:58 PM
"Fuzzball says he has a question. Do you want to be dealt in?" Ketran translated with a grin.

djas_puhr
28 August 2005, 05:57 PM
Edgar returns from the refresher. Changed into a fresh uniform and feeling ten times better then before. He wonders over towards the group of Sabaac players and listens to there conversations for a bit.

Night who says ni
28 August 2005, 06:18 PM
Sitting with the rest of the sabacc group he put a few credits on the table.
Hey Shorrarr how bout some of that wookie stuff you got I can handle it...

Kamon
28 August 2005, 06:32 PM
Bloody Ice...nothing like Tatooine... the Human thinks to himself as he walks into the bunker and tosses his small pack onto an empty bed. He unloads some Combat Gloves and slips them onto his hands, flexing his fingers. He scrambles through the pack again, and pulls out a blaster pistol and rifle, slipping the pistol into a pouch on his leg and the rifle onto a strap across his back. Scrounging through his pack again, he finds a Rebellion ice suit, and slips it over his baige tunic. His muscular frame is rendered featureless beneath the bulky suit.

But at least it keeps me warm he thinks.

Daxter Nomak is a relatively young and tall Human, his skin a deep bronze colour, his hair brown. His face is slightly scarred, none very big, but with enough of them to be noticeable. The young man flops onto his bed and flips through status sheets on his squad.

Night Angels, eh... A little fruity for my taste...

He heard a person talking to him, asking him to do something or another, but Daxter ignores him, slipping into a deep trance as he stares blankly at his status papers, clearly distracted...

Suddenly he snaps back into the present, and stands up at the smell of food. He sees the stew, licks his lips, and digs in. After eating, he tosses the bowl aside, and takes a glance at all those around him.

...Alderaan...

At the sound of this word, his face becomes very tense, his fists clenched as he bites his lip, trying not to snap at the sound of that word...

He pulls himself together, and glances around again. Seeing some men pull to a table, shuffling cards, he strides over, interested in turning his 50 credits into a small fortune.

Mind if I join you? they hear him ask, seeing the tower off muscle glaring at them.

OOC: Sorry for being gone so long, guys...Been camping...

DentArthurDent
28 August 2005, 08:29 PM
"Dax!" Oran shouts, clearly happy with this turn of events. "Of course you can join, 'ol buddy. The more the merrier."

*Oran looks around the table, seeing all the chairs filled. He shrugs*

"Gonna have to find your own seat though."

*Oran looks over his shoulder as Edgar walks back into the room.*

"About time. You shower like a Coruscant noblewoman. Are you playing too?"

Korwin Blade
28 August 2005, 10:00 PM
Chief Bryan O'Myles had heard his Platoon had come in on the last transport. But he had been so busy helping to try and convert the new speeders to the cold of the planet Hoth. He hadn't taken the time to check in with his new CO. So he takes a break and went looking for him.


Hey guys, is this Delta Platoon?


I am looking for Lieutenant Zak Samson.

Stirroret
29 August 2005, 02:08 AM
He looks at first Ketran then Fuzzball "well not this time...", he smiled, "...I'm just an observer"

He notices a human entering the barracks now who's this?


Hey guys, is this Delta Platoon?


I am looking for Lieutenant Zak Samson.

"I'm Staff Sergeant Toons, his executive officer... you can talk to me, if you want to talk to him", he check his notes to see who has and who hasn't checked in, "Chief O'Myles I presume?"

Uron Teff
29 August 2005, 02:21 AM
Hey Shorrarr how bout some of that wookie stuff you got I can handle it...

[Shorrarr] Wourarou shorarwurow wrouaoruw sowaruowr, rwourar? Rouarrro wraoush Kroll horuw.
Aren't ya the mailman? Your name was Kroll or some like that.

A short laughter coming out Shorrarr's yap.

[Shorrarr] Rouwarou aruhwro rouash? Rouhsraro rarwuora.
Weren't you listening kiddo? But take a shot.

He reaches again inside his shoulder bag and fetches the hip flask. Handing it over he adds.

[Shorrarr] Wrouaro arourr. Rouarwrou raurowurowu ashrowiuroau wrshourrw raurowuro wrouar.
Be careful. I've seen men wiser, tougher and bigger than you drinking this stuff topple down jagged after only one shot.


Mind if I join you?

Reacting to the question he turns around and considers this new voice. Looking Dax in his usual rebel uniform he stands up and passes the the whole deck to the sergeant.

[Shorrarr] Wrouar? Rouraru! Shrourar wrouar arourad, serge.
Mind? Hah! Take a seat and shuffle those cards, serge.

djas_puhr
29 August 2005, 03:27 AM
Oran: "About time. You shower like a Coruscant noblewoman. Are you playing too?"

Edgar smile at that remark and continues his walk over to the table. I already owe Fuzzball 150 credits from last match, I ain’t loosing that much here with these folks either.

Na, I’ll be the dealer if ya want.

EZE1138
29 August 2005, 05:20 AM
[Shorrarr] Wourarou shorarwurow wrouaoruw sowaruowr, rwourar? Rouarrro wraoush Kroll horuw.


Tav eyes squeeze together in concentration as he listens to the large Wookiee. No matter how many times he has tried, he can never get a grasp on their language. Sgt. Tel back in Foxtrot Company used to make fun of him, saying "can't all furry guys understand one another?" It isn't true and Tav pointed out to him that if that were the case, the Sgt. should be able to talk to the Yalphling Pig of Onderoan that they were having for dinner that night, as he and it were both smooth skinned and pink. Tav did dishes for a month. He would remember not to taunt Sgt's this time.

He looked up at Ketran (who seems to understand the beast) and asks,

Is he explaining the rules? The stakes? What is he saying?

JoJohnJohansen
29 August 2005, 06:58 AM
The narrow hallways had been laser-cut into the glacier and formed themselves into quite the maze, leaving AJ to wonder if the engineer had been a comedian before joining the alliance. The ice that made up the bulk of the planet apparently had some type of metal deposits intermixed with the water as his wrist compass would not give him a true north reading.

His wanderings had led him in circles and now he stood in front of a thick looking door that bore the sign, “WARNING: TAUNTAN PENS, AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY.” As Augusto pondered what direction to head in next, he was addressed by a gold-plated protocol droid and his small astromech companion. “Oh pardon me, Sir, but I do not think that you want to go in there. Those tauntauns are smelly creatures, and vicious without a proper handler.”

AJ laughed internally at the prim and proper voice of the droid. “Oh, I had no intention of going in. Actually I’m lost. You wouldn’t happen to now where the intelligence section is, would you? R-14 West?”

The 3PO unit seemed to almost light-up. “Oh, most certainly, Sir. I would be most honored to show you the way.”

Beep-dweep-brrr-tweep-boob-boob. The astromech droid, that had remained silent until this point, obviously felt the need to remind the 3PO droid that they had prior commitments.

“Yes, R2, I am quite aware of that, but I am sure she would not mind us taking a few minutes to take this gentleman to his destination. Please, Sir, you must excuse my counterpart here. Sometimes he can be so rude.” With his last word still coming from his vocalizer, the shiny droid slaps the astromech on the back of his dome.

“No, it’s quite alright. If you could just point me in the right direction, I’m sure I’ll find it.” The comedic interchange between these two was almost worth paying for.

“Very well, Sir. Just continue down this hall and take a right when you reach the end. You will find the West wing about 100 meters down that hall. Finding the Intelligence section should only take you a short while from there.” To better aid AJ in understanding, the protocol droid lifted his arm and pointed, although there are only two directions to go from here.

“Thank you. I should be alright from here. Oh, and if we’re ever overrun, we should probably pull that sign from the door.” AJ let a small smile creep to his lips, overtaken by his own wit.

“Oh, and why is that, Sir?” The 3PO droid tilted his head to the side and stared at AJ questioningly.

“Because I don’t think the Imperials have any ‘proper handlers’.” AJ, always thinking he was more humorous than he was, chuckled to himself, and walked away.

“Oh, I see.” The 3PO droid looked at the sign for a moment or two more as if contemplating what Augusto had said. “Very well. Come on R2, we should be going. Why must I always wait on you. And you really should work more on your manners.”

AJ left the two droids behind and soon found the Intel shop. As he entered through the dooway, he walked into the middle of a heated discussion. On one side was a fairly decent looking female officer, and on the other were, what appeared to be, a couple of Regulars from the Signals Intel division.

“…and we hadn’t had a chance to calibrate the sensors for anything smaller. Ma’am, we’ve been doing the best we can.” The older of the two Sergeants finished his statement.

“That is COMPLETELY unacceptable soldier. Now we have two people out there that will most likely be dead by the morning, because YOU just ‘hadn’t had a chance’. DO YOU REALIZE WHO IS OUT THERE!!!”. With that the red-faced woman turned and stormed out of the other end of the room, leaving the two signals NCOs mumbling to each other under their breath.

AJ entered slowly and reported to the two NCOs. “Excuse me, Sarge. PFC Juliaan, Delta Squad, 3rd Company, 1st Cor Regiment. I’m looking for 2LT Rushiri.”

“Well, I think you just saw her, Private. She’ll be back in her office now. Good luck.” Obviously upset, the two NCO’s brushed past AJ and headed out into the hallway.

AJ always liked liaison, but this was not a good way to start. He started for the back office and thought to himself, ‘Well, this should be interesting if nothing else’.

AJ approached the door to Rushiri's office. Making sure his uniform was as 'squared away' as possible, he knocked, purposefully hard, on the closed door. "Ma'am, PFC Juliaan, Delta Squad, 1st Cor...Spec Ops" AJ added the last part to try to establish some credibility to his rank and position, and, hopefully, prompt the fuming LT to speak with him.

(OOC) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231946#post231946)

Kamon
29 August 2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Uron Teff

Reacting to the question he turns around and considers this new voice. Looking Dax in his usual rebel uniform he stands up and passes the the whole deck to the sergeant.

[Shorrarr] Wrouar? Rouraru! Shrourar wrouar arourad, serge.
Mind? Hah! Take a seat and shuffle those cards, serge.

Daxter stares around at the faces, clearly confused, before asking,
[Daxter]What the blazes did he just say?,
as he pulls up a stool and begins shuffling and filing the deck, and a few moments later, places it down to be cut by someone else.

djas_puhr
29 August 2005, 11:18 AM
Edgar looks at Dax and with a quizzicle look asks,

Mind if I deal? I won't be playing for credits and I'm a fair dealer.

Kamon
29 August 2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Edgar looks at Dax and with a quizzicle look asks,

Mind if I deal? I won't be playing for credits and I'm a fair dealer.

[Daxter] Is that what he asked? Be my guest...

Daxter goes silent, trying to recall the soldiers name...

Must not be in my squad..., he thinks to himself as he passes the deck to the human.

djas_puhr
29 August 2005, 12:05 PM
Edgar grabs a stool and begins to finishes up the shuffling and then cuts the deck. He demonstrates that the randomizer and the interference field works and then gets a cut from Jas.

Edgar begins by placing a black disk that states 'Dealer' on it in front of Tav. He asks for Oran and Shrorrarr and to please put in five and ten credits respectfully, into the hand pot and ask each person to please put one credit into the Sabacc pot.

Edgar then starts to pass out the card chips one at a time starting with Tav. Next is Shorrar, Oran, Dax, Kell, Keftran and the Jas. Each person recieves three cards face down upon the table. Edgar reaches to the randomizer and presses the button once. The randomizer sends electrical impulses to each card changing the blank cards into valued cards.

Gentleman, the round has begun. First to act is Dax, your bet sir. You can call, raise or fold. The bet is 10 credits.

Edgar patiently waits for the game to unfold.

--------
OOC

Please check your PM's for your cards and Kamon you are first to act.

Each character has fifty (50) credits to start with.

Kamon
29 August 2005, 06:09 PM
Daxter carefully eyes his cards(OOC: Are they cards, or chips?), and glances at the table, for some odd reason. He face is deep in thought, contemplating his move.

[Daxter] I call...Ten credits...

He tosses in 10 credits, and glances at Kell, the next one up.

[Daxter] Your move.

djas_puhr
30 August 2005, 02:23 AM
Dax calls the bet. Kell it is your move.

Edgar wait patiently for Kell to make his move.

-------

OOC (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538&perpage=1&pagenumber=176)

EZE1138
30 August 2005, 04:55 AM
Tav's fur flutters a bit as he watches people intently looking at their hand. He then realizes he hasn't gotten his loan.

Say, Ketran. Maybe now would be a good time to spot me that cash. 100 CR do? Like I said, I am good for it next week.


He goes back to looking at his hand, awaiting his turn to bet. He eyes Kell suspiciously.

boccelounge
30 August 2005, 10:50 AM
INTERIOR: INTEL SECTION, ECHO BASE


Originally posted by JoJohnJohansen
AJ approached the door to Rushiri's office. Making sure his uniform was as 'squared away' as possible, he knocked, purposefully hard, on the closed door. "Ma'am, PFC Juliaan, Delta Squad, 1st Cor...Spec Ops" AJ added the last part to try to establish some credibility to his rank and position, and, hopefully, prompt the fuming LT to speak with him.
The Intel Chief turns on AJ, her anger visible.

Lt. RUSHIRI: Unless you have something new to tell me, Private, you'd better... wait, did you say Spec Ops? You're from the new SpecForce Company? Apologies. Please come in.
She motions to the office's only chair, and seats herself on the edge of a desk cluttered with datachips ands sensor analysis reports.

Lt. RUSHIRI: You guys must've really nerfed somebody off to draw this post... At any what can I do for you, Private? As you can see, we've got a situation to deal with this evening. More than the usual, that is. I'm still trying to figure out who thought it was a good idea to establish a high-security base in a system that's constantly barraged by meteors... there could be an Imperial Battle Fleet out there, and we wouldn't know until they knocked on the front door...
She seems to remember there's someone else in the room, and checks her rant. You can see now that the anger shown previously masks a deep worry and concern.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538)Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

boccelounge
30 August 2005, 12:01 PM
INTERIOR: DELTA PLATOON BARRACKS, ECHO BASE

The Sabbacc game has drawn a modest crowd of onlookers. Private YUG and several of his cronies are among those watching. Many of the other platoon members have retired to their bunks, trying to stay warm within their thermal sleep units.

As the last rays of feeble sunlight disappear over Hoth's icy horizon, the temperature becomes impossibly colder, and an icy draft penetrates every corner of Echo Base. The cold-blooded troopers, notably the Barabel RAY'ROR seem to have the worst of it...

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538)Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Night who says ni
30 August 2005, 12:22 PM
I will raise the bet 5 credits, go ahead Keftran

Kell looks at his hand and smiles...

djas_puhr
30 August 2005, 12:29 PM
Kell raises the bet to a total of 15 credits. Keftran the bet is yours, 15 credits to call. Also you can raise or fold.

Edgar begins to shiver as he feels whatever warmth remained in the room disappear.

Please hurry as I feel like I'm going to freeze.

-----

OOC (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538&perpage=1&pagenumber=176)

boccelounge
30 August 2005, 12:52 PM
INTERIOR: DELTA PLATOON BARRACKS, ECHO BASE

Lieutenant SAMSON steps into barracks, bringing a wave of icy air with him. He eyes quickly scan the barracks, but if he notices his men gambling and drinking questionable substances, he gives no notice. It doesn't take long for him to pick SHORRARR out of the crowd. He address the big Wookiee trooper.
FLASH: Uh, you there, uh Shor... Sher... Sha... Lance Corporal. Come with me.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538)Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Uron Teff
30 August 2005, 01:09 PM
[Shorrarr] Wouraoruor rouaruor sabacc rouroruowru?
Can't you see that we're in a sabacc game?

After speaking these words he sees the expression on Lieutenant SAMSON face. Confused about this look he raises.

[Shorrarr] Rouar wrauruo ouoruroaurou rwuroa raoruowr!
Sorry guys but it seems as the big moff is calling me!

Putting down his sabacc cards he turns around and peers a last time over the sholder.

[Shorrarr] Rouwruo rwouoauro!
Good luck guys!

He walk towards Flash and starts looking at him with amazement. I hope this is important he thinks by himself.

-------------------------
OOC: (Wow my first IC OOC question/announcement) Shorrarr folds during the comand of Flash

djas_puhr
30 August 2005, 01:58 PM
Edgar looks up in time to see the LT walk into the room.

Oh no you don't LT. Not this time, we haven't even started the game yet!


[Shorrarr] Rouar wrauruo ouoruroaurou rwuroa raoruowr!
Sorry guys but it seems as the big moff is calling me

Man this happens every time Shorrarr, that's why I've never won back the 100 credits I owe you.

Edgar turns to face LT Flash.

LT, can you make it quick I want to see a match were Fuzzball here actually stays in for more then five minutes.

Edgar takes Shorrarr's card chips and puts them in the discard stack in the interference field. He glances up at Shorrarr and smiles as he chuckels to himself.

See ya Shorrarr. Make sure you're finished 'this' time.

Stirroret
30 August 2005, 03:02 PM
Lieutenant SAMSON steps into barracks, bringing a wave of icy air with him.

Staff Sgt. Toons jumps up like and salutes him screaming: "ATTENTION ON DECK!"


He eyes quickly scan the barracks, but if he notices his men gambling and drinking questionable substances, he gives no notice. it doesn't take long for him to pick SHORRARR out of the crowd. He address the big Wookiee trooper.


FLASH: Uh, you there, uh Shor... Sher... Sha... Lance Corporal. Come with me.

what's going on? I don't like being kept out of the loop on matters of importance... if I am to act as his second in command I must be informed on what he intends to do - so I know what the hell is going on

"Later Chief...", he says and arising from the table and heads for the Flash-Fuzzball convention now let's see what the heck is going on?

boccelounge
30 August 2005, 07:03 PM
INTERIOR: DELTA PLATOON BARRACKS, ECHO BASE


Originally posted by Stirroret
Staff Sgt. Toons jumps up like and salutes him screaming: "ATTENTION ON DECK!"
FLASH seems mildly surprised by the Staff Sergeant's enthusiasm for military protocol.
FLASH: Uh, at ease, Sergeant. I just need a word with the Wookiee.


Originally posted by djas_puhr
EDGAR: Oh no you don't LT. Not this time, we haven't even started the game yet!... LT, can you make it quick I want to see a match were Fuzzball here actually stays in for more then five minutes.
The Lieutenant regards this with a mixture of puzzlement and minor annoyance.
FLASH: Trooper, what makes you think this is a democracy? There are, uh, bigger things going on than, uh, your little game here...
With that, FLASH turns to lead SHORRARR out of the barracks. Seeing KHAN's interest, he pauses briefly.
FLASH: It's, uh, nothing you need concern yourself wth, Sergeant. See that the men, uh, get at least some rest tonight. We're due at the forward recon post by 0700, and it's not a short trip...
He pauses for a second...
FLASH: That is, uh, after they finish the game... and assuming Trooper, uh, McGregor doesn't mind.
FLASH gives the slightest grin at this, then exits the barracks with SHORRARR close behind.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538)Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

DentArthurDent
30 August 2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by boccelounge
FLASH: It's, uh, nothing you need concern yourself wth, Sergeant. See that the men, uh, get at least some rest tonight. We're due at the forward recon post by 0700, and it's not a short trip...

Oran: 0700? But Flash, that's in.... *checks his chrono* eight hours!

FLASH: Well, uh, I'd guess you'd better get to sleep then, right?

Oran: *sighs* You heard him, men. Let's finish this hand, and I can take all the creds, errr, play you all again when we get where ever it is we're going.

djas_puhr
31 August 2005, 02:25 AM
FLASH: That is, uh, after they finish the game... and assuming Trooper, uh, McGregor doesn't mind.

I don't mind LT, just when Shorrarr and I try playing Sabacc he never finishes the game. Always leaving for something else.

Edgar turns back to the group and looks at Ketran.

Alright Ketran, you've had over fifteen minutes to ponder your hand. Time is up so you fold. Jas your bet now, to call is 15 credits and do hurry time is waisting.

JoJohnJohansen
31 August 2005, 03:51 AM
INTERIOR: INTEL SECTION, ECHO BASE


AJ moved to the chair and sat down, making sure not to appear too relaxed.


Lt. RUSHIRI: You guys must've really nerfed somebody off to draw this post... At any what can I do for you, Private? As you can see, we've got a situation to deal with this evening. More than the usual, that is. I'm still trying to figure out who thought it was a good idea to establish a high-security base in a system that's constantly barraged by meteors... there could be an Imperial Battle Fleet out there, and we wouldn't know until they knocked on the front door...

She seems to remember there's someone else in the room, and checks her rant. You can see now that the anger shown previously masks a deep worry and concern.

AJ always saw his job as a sort of hunting expedition. He thoroughly enjoyed laying the bait, watching the actions of his prey, and then springing the trap once it was exposed. He quickly processed what Rushiri had said, and saw that there were some things, under the surface of her conversation, that she didn’t fell comfortable sharing. It may take AJ a little while to dig it up, but he was determined enough not to forfeit the prize unless he absolutely had to.

He wanted to start the round with one of the low cards in his hand, maybe ask for some general intel information. But AJ caught the brief glimpse of emotions and decided to go for the trump card, hoping to capitalize on his ‘opponent’s’ ‘tip of the hand’. He would use his words to try and expound on her worries, knowing that people always like to ‘get things off their chest’.

AJ:“Wow, Ma’am. Looks like HQ didn’t give you enough equipment to work with. Between tracking in-system movements and whatever you were discussing with the Sig guys, I’m impressed that you are managing to not go ballistic. Are the systems that you got working?”

Augusto paused and waited to see if this avenue of approach would generate any new leads.

Stirroret
31 August 2005, 08:22 AM
FLASH seems mildly surprised by the Staff Sergeant's enthusiasm for military protocol.


FLASH: Uh, at ease, Sergeant. I just need a word with the Wookiee.

Khan looks at his superior officer, baffled with his surprise now what?!? he thinks to himself and stands uncertain for second


EDGAR: Oh no you don't LT. Not this time, we haven't even started the game yet!... LT, can you make it quick I want to see a match were Fuzzball here actually stays in for more then five minutes.

The Lieutenant regards this with a mixture of puzzlement and minor annoyance.

assert yourself to establish you leadership Flash!, he thought without giving away his concerns


FLASH: Trooper, what makes you think this is a democracy?...

good...good, now finish the speech with a firm...


There are, uh, bigger things going on than, uh, your little game here...

...what is this?!? I have never seen a military leader back down in front of a soldier under his command he looks at him with a more severe look, though trying to hide it.


FLASH: It's, uh, nothing you need concern yourself wth, Sergeant. See that the men, uh, get at least some rest tonight. We're due at the forward recon post by 0700, and it's not a short trip...

"yes sir", he salutes the lieutenant standing for a sec as LT and Fuzzball leaves the barracks he turns to the Chief with an assertive "what was it you wanted?"

EZE1138
31 August 2005, 08:31 AM
Staff Sgt. Toons jumps up like and salutes him screaming: "ATTENTION ON DECK!"


Tav hears this and slinks lower in his chair and tries to peer at his neighbor's cards with no luck.

djas_puhr
31 August 2005, 08:55 AM
Edgar over hears the time that they will be out in the field, 0700 Lima. He glances down at his chronometer and then looks over to Jas willing him to act.

Um, Jas. We only got about two hours left of any valuable playing time here. Could you speed it up?

Mack Jace
31 August 2005, 10:16 AM
Ragab stands up out of his seat and stretches. He wants to watch the game, but since they were getting up early the next day, he figured he should have some shuteye. Nobody needs the medic to be falling asleep out there. He packed up his cleaning tools, stretched out on his bed, and was asleep the nanosecond he hit the pillow.

PsychoInfiltrator
31 August 2005, 04:01 PM
Rayror watches the progression of the uncivilized game of 'Sabacc', while becoming progressively colder.


"ATTENTION ON DECK!"

Rayror hisses nastily and turns to look at the offender of his ears.
His mouth opens and his jagged, sharp teeth become quite visible. His claws unsheath and Flash notices the nerf blood still dripping froom his teeth.
(Intimidate: target: LT.Flash and offender of ears. Roll: 14+12 mod.)
{Barabel}Yelling is not necessary. We are all in a small room and it is quite cold in here. (human flesh being warm is implied by this statement) This base is entirely miserable and you are NOT HELPING. Protocol may be civilized, and insubordination may be not allowed, but I choose to put voice (as opposed to teeth and claws) to my displeasure. Besides, thinskin, my brief study in the ways of civilized etiquette indicate that disturbing a sabacc game is to quote a certain Sullastan chef: "Downright rude to the fullest extent of existence on the greater plateau of the galaxy." I think that he was drunk at the time, but oh well.{/BARABEL}

coldskier0320
31 August 2005, 04:43 PM
FLASH gives the slightest grin at this, then exits the barracks with SHORRARR close behind.

Seconds after the door swishes shut behind FLASH and Shorrarr, it reopens, admitting yet another blast of impossibly cold air. With the frigid gale comes Orr, Corporal of the Night Angels.

To the immediate grumbling that accompanied the opening of the door, Orr merely smiles indulgently and motions for everyone to calm down. Orr is a stocky man of average height, who'd been in the unit longer than most anyone cared to remember. As the corporal of the 2nd squad, he makes an effort to get all the new troops accustomed to life in Delta Company. Wether because of his calming down or the mischievous look on his face, the complaints quiet, which allows Orr to speak.

"All right, all right, everyone take it easy. Come on, how else d'ya want me t' get in, 'cept through the door? Anyways, don't any of you marsh slithers wanna know what took me so long to get here? When we got off the transport, I did a little trading with the pilot ofa cargo shuttle and then later the quartermaster's assistant."

As he speaks, nobody fails to notice that Orr is conspicuously underdressed. While most of Delta (excepting the Wook, and a few others) is dressed in layers, and a heavy parka, Orr is walking around comfortably wearing only a (comparatively) thin jumpsuit. A small battery pack is attached to the suit, apparently providing some sort of heat.

"Well, just so y'all know", Orr continues, "I'm fresh outta them cigars I pulled off Chandrilla that y'all liked so much. Yeah, them real smooth ones that made your lips tingle...and the Ryshcate too. I know, I know, but hey, I got me this.", he gestres to the jumpsuit, "Keeps me at a toasty twenty-two over freezing, so long as I got me a fresh couple o' these.", he indicates a pouch he carries, full of energy cells.

Still, the older man continues, "'But Orr', you say, 'that's all well and good, but you didn't get anything for the rest of us.', I know you guys, buncha selfish ruffians", he gives the Night Angels a wink to show he's kidding, then says, "So I brung ya this."

Slowly, almost theatrically, the man known as Sep pulls a squat, copper-colored metal cylinder from one of his bags. Setting it on the table, he beams with pride as he attaches a nozzle to its side and gets his big durasteel mug. Holding it under the nozzle, he opens it. Immediately, the rich, exotic aroma of an expensive vine coffeine, probably imported from the Core, fills the room. Taking a sip of the steaming beverage, Orr closes his eyes in contentment and sighs, "Mmmm, now that is some good brew."

He let's silence take over for a moment, then says to the men, "Well, what're you waiting for, I've got plenty of the stuff to make this good caf for over a week, drink up!"

((OOC: bocce, used a good bit of creative liberty here, if ou have a problem with any of it, shoot me a PM. I envision Orr to be the group's fixer (that is, able to get them some creature comforts from don'-ask-where.))

PsychoInfiltrator
31 August 2005, 05:00 PM
Rayror stares somewhat inquisitively towards the odd-spelling hot beverage.

He steps over and uses his head to flip the coffee dispenser on and off, cupping the hot beverage in his hands.
Tastes not bad. And its nice and warm. He licks his hands as he heads back to his bunk. Then he smiles at Orr, showing his teeth.
{BARABEL} Do you speak my language? Can you get me another one of those hot suits? I'm freezing. ... Oh, would you like some stew?{/BARABEL}

djas_puhr
31 August 2005, 05:18 PM
Alright, Jas folds now who's next.

Edgar glances hard at Tev.

Alright mister, how about you. Tev your bet what ya going to do? Ten credits to call or do ya wana raise?


------

OOC (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538&perpage=1&pagenumber=176)

Kamon
31 August 2005, 05:36 PM
Seconds after the door swishes shut behind FLASH and Shorrarr, it reopens, admitting yet another blast of impossibly cold air. With the frigid gale comes Orr, Corporal of the Night Angels.


Daxter raises his head from the cards to glance at the soldier. He notices the tags on the man.

Orr...

Dax pulls out several sheets of paper from his pocket, and unfolds them, thumbing through them, apparently searching for something...



Corporal Kiedis Orr


DAXTER: Corporal...corporal...CORPORAL! So you're my second in command eh? Well get your blasted arse over here soldier. Going off without permission, eh? At least you got us something, although I coulda done with some cigars... Now give me some o' that brew!

Korwin Blade
31 August 2005, 05:39 PM
I take it that is the Lieutenant?

Damn!!!

I need to go take care of some things I will be back in an hour or so.



Chief turns and leaves, to try and catch the Lieutentant after he is done with Shorrarr. He keeps his distance so as not to intrude, but close enough to not loose them.

EZE1138
31 August 2005, 08:47 PM
Egdar-Alright mister, how about you. Tev your bet what ya going to do? Ten credits to call or do ya wana raise?


Tav grimaces slightly as his name is called. He had hoped that Orr's grand entrance would allow him another look at his neighbor's cards but it was not meant to be.

I raise 5, he says as he scratches at his chin. No, make that 10. I am feeling lucky. I mean, with a hand like, he gesture's to his left, I would be foolish not to. So yeah, 10 more it is.


He lays his cards flat on the table and looks around.

boccelounge
31 August 2005, 11:18 PM
INTERIOR: INTEL SECTION, ECHO BASE


Originally posted by JoJohnJohansen
AJ:Wow, Ma’am. Looks like HQ didn’t give you enough equipment to work with. Between tracking in-system movements and whatever you were discussing with the Sig guys, I’m impressed that you are managing to not go ballistic. Are the systems that you got working?
RUSHIRI considers this question, but distractedly. It seems clear her mind is on other matters. For a brief moment, she seems like a real person, with real worries. Then the Alliance Intel Section Officer reasserts itself, and the lady is all business. She gives AJ a wry glance.

RUSHIRI: This is the Rebellion, soldier. Nothing works, and that's the way we like it.

RUSHIRI: But since you seem so concerned about the early-warning system, I'll have you know that it's your job to help get it working. Your unit's job, that is.
Without looking, she grabs a slim datapad from the multitude littering her desk, and hands it to AJ.

RUSHIRI: The 5th Brigade Engineers are just about finished with our new long-range sensor detection/monitoring station, "Echo Alpha." It's about 20 kilometers south-southwest of the transport bay entrance. Alpha's remote location gives it a clear read on the ground approaches to the base, and keeps it far enough away from the main power generator and the planetary shield emitters to keep Echo's overall EM signature below deep-scan detection thresholds.

RUSHIRI: The only trick is that it's a damn long walk. The engineer corpsmen claim they've figured how to get the 'speeders to run in the cold, but so far they've only barely started conversions on the combat airspeeders. For Alpha Station, we risked sending space transports with the initial equipment, but from now on all routine personnel traffic is going by foot.

RUSHIRI: Your Company has been assigned to invest Alpha Station's defenses, manning it on a four-platoon rotation. It seems your Lieutenant "Flash" volunteered Delta for the first round-- congratulations.

RUSHIRI: And even though the monitoring station is near-complete, there are still hundreds of ground sensors to emplace-- also your job, also requiring a lot of trudging through the ice.

RUSHIRI: That datapad details the station particulars, technical specs, topographical surveys, Signal Intel protocols, and so on; and it includes a list of items that I want you to review once you're on station. Use it to prepare a brief for your C.O., or whatever it is you SpecFor Intel boys do, and have a report for me by the end of the week.
One of the Sensor Ops technicians pokes his head into the office, seemingly afraid to risk his whole body.

TECH: Ma'am! We just got word the Main Hangar D.O. ordered the main Shield Doors closed... still no word on the Commander... but I'm sure... I mean... by morning they'll be able to... and he might be able to...
His words failing, the technician ducks back out of the doorway. RUSHIRI becomes rigid and cold, as if every muscle is required to contain her anguish. She stands stiffly, and barely manages a terse dismissal to AJ.

RUSHIRI: That is all, Private.
She turns away from AJ and the door, her hands braced against the wall for support.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

JoJohnJohansen
1 September 2005, 12:32 AM
INTERIOR: INTEL SECTION, ECHO BASE



She turns away from AJ and the door, her hands braced against the wall for support.

AJ was always good with first impressions, while not the best looking guy in all the galaxy, he had a certain charisma that warmed the hearts of many, especially women. Unfortunately, he didn’t have the flare for long-term commits, and despite his best efforts, he never had a meaningful relationship that lasted for more than a month. He had received what was required of him for his job, but he wanted more, his hunger to pull out the information that Rushiri was holding back burned his soul like a supernova. Throwing caution to the wind, and knowing that the most he would receive, at this point, was a strong verbal reprimand, he stepped forward. After all, Rushiri was only a 2LT and couldn't be much older than him.

AJ: “Ma’am, please forgive me, but are you alright? I don’t mean to pry, but you really look like something’s bothering you.”

He approached and gently placed his hand on her shoulder, with only enough pressure to feel somewhere between a reassuring gesture from a friend and a gentle caress for someone who was more.

djas_puhr
1 September 2005, 02:13 AM
Edgar blinks at Tev.


"I raise 5," he says as he scratches at his chin. "No, make that 10. I am feeling lucky. I mean, with a hand like, he gesture's to his left, I would be foolish not to. So yeah, 10 more it is."

Um, okay ten more it is then. That should bring the total for the hand pot to 70 credits. Oran the bet is now your's, 15 more credits to call the bet.

Edgar wonders what each player has. He's also wondering when this will be over so he can head straight to his bunk and sleep...

--------

OOC (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538&perpage=1&pagenumber=176)

PsychoInfiltrator
1 September 2005, 06:15 AM
Rayror, clearly bored out of his mind, eventually leaves the bunk room to go for a stroll, (If anyone asks, they'll get a mouthful of disgusted Barabelese, and a snarl and hiss if they are too impolite.) making sure to take his vibroaxe with him. He walks for awhile, eventually making it to a deserted corridor that doesn't look frequently traveled or have any hoses or sign of technology. Rayror assumes that the putting together of the base, evidently not complete, has not reached this tunnel.
Time to see what this thing can really do...apparently that vibroswitch makes it easier to cut through things.
Rayror steps back, facing the wall, casually lifting his vibroaxe over his shoulder and flips the vibroswitch to on.
He steps forward quickly, his muscles bulging as the vibroaxe swings downward, coming in contact with the compressed ice. Rayror's mighty blow cuts through the ice like a lightsaber through butter and the speed of the strike lessens only the slightest as it opens a deep gash in the ice wall.
As the edge of the vibroaxe leaves the ice, Rayror's muscles bulge once again and the vibroaxe, having been launched with tremendous speed, and having built up great inertia, stops just as the back end of the axe clears the ice.
If all Barabel hunters had this weapon the Empire would not last long at all.
Rayror returns his axe to its place and suurveys his handiwork. The cut had come in much faster than usual for Rayror and melted some of the ice, which was refreezing. Several bits of ice had been dislodged from the ice, not an uncommon occurence, however. The interesting thing,something that had just been obscured by the refreezing ice, was the almost microscopic fractures and unevenness to the gash.
The vibrations caused the axe to cut almost like rapid-fire chisel.
Rayror did the barabel version of a sigh, noting that the fractures were now undetectable due to the melting and refreezing of the ice.
He strolled away from the location of the almost horizontal slightly curved gash and made his way back to his quarters.

DentArthurDent
1 September 2005, 09:19 AM
*Oran gives his cards a cursory look, then actually curses them under his breath.*

Oran: Hmph. *sigh* To Byss with it, I fold.

*Oran gets up from the table and stalks over to his bunk, muttering something about "those blasted facecards." He takes his boots and other assorted travel gear off and jumps into his top bunk, and nearly falls asleep before remembering something.*

Oran: Remember, everyone is up and ready to move out in five hours!

*Within moments, Oran is fast asleep, dreaming of women and wealth.*

Stirroret
1 September 2005, 10:44 AM
Khan walked towards his bunk and changed into a jogging outfit and headed out the doors and started running to stay in shape. I just hope it's not gonna be one of them nights...dreaming he thought to himself as he headed down a corridor passing a group of Technicians in mid-pace.
He picked up the pace and turned towards the flightdeck and focused on his breath-control remember...running is control of breath and a steady rhythm he smiled. As the sweat started to pearl on his forehead. He focused on listening to his inner-beat, his pulse. It was supposed to be around 90 or 100 bpm (Beats per minute) to get the maximum effect of a workout. He set his watch to six seconds with a two second delay. And started the delay...

*2-1* >bleeeep< the sound filled the corridors and he counted as the watch showed: *6-5-4-3-2-1* >bleeeep< "7", he said out loud and multiplied his count by ten making his pulse in the 65-75 area. And picked up the pace as he turned once more and made a recount... this time he had the proper pulse area 90-100 bpms...

He turned one last time and stopped in front of the barracks sweating like a Gamorean near a Rancorr pit. He headed straight for the shower saluting a private from another outfit as he entered the shower taking a quick bath.
The cold water would have made anyone else scream and dance, but he had tried worse than this - a lot worse. As he exited a droid handed over a towel as he stepped up to a mirror and observed his body, covered in scars from months of torture. And they decorated me for this? No award is worth this..., he got dressed and walked back to the barracks, this time feeling the cold from the air as he entered and saw most at the time had hit the bunks and to the ones still wide awake he said in a low, yet firm tone of voice "you better get some sleep, you'll need it tomorrow!" and headed towards his bunk and climbed in.
is it going to be one of them nights?, he thought the sleep came to him and soon thereafter he fell asleep...

djas_puhr
1 September 2005, 11:13 AM
Dax, your bet fifteen creds to call. Call, raise, or fold.

Edgar yawns waiting to hit the bunk about ten meters in the opposite direction.

Kamon
1 September 2005, 11:21 AM
Dax, your bet fifteen creds to call. Call, raise, or fold.


DAXTER: I'll call, 15 credits.

Daxter yawns after saying this, apparently tired. His eyes flutter as he almost falls asleep, catching himself before he nodded off.

DAXTER: Lets hurry men, shall we?

djas_puhr
1 September 2005, 11:40 AM
Dax calls, that leaves Kell. Kell you only need to call and then we can move along to the next phase, which I suggest you do!

Edgar looks patiently at Kell hoping this goes quickly.

boccelounge
3 September 2005, 10:27 AM
INTERIOR: INTEL SECTION, ECHO BASE


Originally posted by JoJohnJohansen
AJ: “Ma’am, please forgive me, but are you alright? I don’t mean to pry, but you really look like something’s bothering you."

He approached and gently placed his hand on her shoulder, with only enough pressure to feel somewhere between a reassuring gesture from a friend and a gentle caress for someone who was more.
This final act of kindness is the final straw-- RUSHIRI's emotional restraint is destroyed. She turns and embraces AJ, her tears flowing freely.
RUSHIRI: It's... Luke... he won't make it... he...
Her sobbing overcomes her words, she stands for a long time in AJ's arms, as the scene ends.

--------------------

OOC: JJJ, I've been applying the d20 rolls you gave me "behind the scenes"... and you may be interested to know that the 17 came at just the right place. ;)

--------------------

INTERIOR: DELTA PLATOON BARRACKS, ECHO BASE


Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
Rayror hisses nastily and turns to look at the offender of his ears. His mouth opens and his jagged, sharp teeth become quite visible. His claws unsheath and Flash notices the nerf blood still dripping froom his teeth.
{Barabel}[UNTRANSLATED]{/BARABEL}
Already on his way out the door, it's unclear what reaction this draws from the Lieutenant, if any.

What is clear are the reactions of the other Delta troopers particularly the newer recruits. The Barabel receives a wide berth, as most of the platoon suddenly remembers pressing business at the far end of the barracks...

As the Sabacc game winds down, so does the general atmosphere in Delta Barracks. Most of the troops find their way to their bunks, and do their best to insulate themselves from the bitter cold.

In time, quiet falls and the platoon enters a cold but peaceful night's rest.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538)Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Night who says ni
3 September 2005, 11:24 AM
Dax calls, that leaves Kell. Kell you only need to call and then we can move along to the next phase, which I suggest you do!

You know I think I will do that

*leans back on chair and shivers*

Stormrider
3 September 2005, 06:28 PM
Ketran abruptly woke up as he had dozed off. A sheepish smile covered the privates face. "Sorry. Havn't been sleeping well. What did I miss?"

boccelounge
4 September 2005, 01:23 PM
INTERIOR: DELTA PLATOON BARRACKS, ECHO BASE

The door opens once more, and once more the sleeping/reaxing troopers are met with an icy blast of late-night air. SHORRARR and FLASH enter. The Lieutenant sports a large and fresh bruise under his right eye, and walks a bit stiffly, but seems to be in good spirits. SHORRARR looks none the worse, and his side-pouch jingles with a few new Alliance Creds.
FLASH: Yes, uh, well done, then, Lance Corporal. Your assistance in them, uh, little matter was appreciated. Carry on.
Without paying too much attention to the men, FLASH retires to his bunk at the far end of the barracks, and is quickly abed.

--------------------

OOC: Korwin Blade, feel free to add in retroactively anything you wanted the Chief to say to FLASH or SHORRARR before they return.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538)Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Stirroret
4 September 2005, 02:03 PM
Khan lay with his eyes shut trying to sleep. Slowly he felt the dark clouds of the night coming over his mind and soon he descended into a REM dreamstate.

He looked around and suddenly found himself on Jagorr 6, a jungle planet in the outer-rim. The colors around him seemed bleached and the sounds, sounded heavier it must be a dream, he thought to himself as he looked down at himself as he trecked through the jungle as slow and careful he could.
"Hey Corporal... we need a location from MISCOM on waypoint Echo", he heard a familiar voice say and he looked straight into the eyes of Staff Sergeant Wix Coen. Then he remembered... it's the mission... Waypoint Echo is a trap he tried to open his mouth screaming for them to abort the mission, but no sounds seemed to come out as his team trecked further on to their doom.
Khan Toons ran up to the pointman, Private Jacasto, trying envain to stop him from leading the group into a certain death. Then suddenly he found himself in an all too familiar clearing as he observed himself and his comrades sneaking through the high vegetation, believing them to be alone.
Then a sudden and loud order cut through the jungle "OPEN FIRE!" echoed by hundreds of voices and the sound of rapid mechanic feet of AT-ST's. Then they came out the clearing, hundreds of stormtroopers supported by at least 20 AT-ST. "RETREAT! EVERYBODY RETREEEAAAAT", the Staff Sergeant Coen screamed in pure terror right before a blastershot cut through his chest.
In panic he ran as fast as he could with Private Jacasto right behind him and most of his unit. Then came the sound of a slower... MUCH heavier mechanic footstep and there in the clearing stood 4 AT-AT aiming at the group trying to escape-...


The door opens once more, and once more the sleeping/reaxing troopers are met with an icy blast of late-night air.

Khan opened his eyes sweating all over in fear, feeling his heart pounding in his chest. He looked around... thank the Force... I'm in the barracks of Echo Base. It was just a dream


The Lieutenant sports a large and fresh bruise under his right eye, and walks a bit stiffly, but seems to be in good spirits. SHORRARR looks none the worse, and his side-pouch jingles with a few new Alliance Creds.

FLASH: Yes, uh, well done, then, Lance Corporal. Your assistance in them, uh, little matter was appreciated. Carry on.

He was about to ask what had happened, but he saw the LT heading straight for his bunk that can wait until morning, he thought to himself and turned on the other side and tried to fall asleep once more...

PsychoInfiltrator
4 September 2005, 02:52 PM
The Lieutenant sports a large and fresh bruise under his right eye, and walks a bit stiffly, but seems to be in good spirits. SHORRARR looks none the worse, and his side-pouch jingles with a few new Alliance Creds.
Rayror mumbles in Basic. "Barabelz make good brawlerz too. Nobody ever getz back up after we hitz dem. Datz why everybody scared of us, methinkz."

Stormrider
4 September 2005, 05:37 PM
Ketran offered a sleepy grin to his squad mates and headed over to his bunk. As it was colder than a shaved Wookiee on a artic planet. He snuggled under all the covers and was soon asleep. Dreams of his past were waiting.



The smell of Lowyas baking Ryche bread that she always made for the gang drifted through his memories. Images of the female Wookiee who had been his mother-figure popped up. and finally the day he had left Corellia. The sounds of blaster and slugthrower fire as they dashed for the shuttle. Lowya shielding him as he worked on it's door. The sound of a blaster bolt ripping through her shoulder. and the roar of pain.

Kamon
5 September 2005, 08:14 AM
Daxter headed over to his bunk, clearly exhausted. He threw off his pack and uniform, and slipped under the nice warm covers. He shivered a bit, and then settled down. Sleep came over the man very quickly. Dreams quickly filled his mind, and sweet began dripping down his forehead, even in the chill of Hoth. He was clearly troubled, but never peeped or made a sound.

Uron Teff
5 September 2005, 08:30 AM
Shorrarr moves through the barrack heading for his bunk. As he reaches it he weights his heavy repeating blaster and the power generator down from the bunk on the ground.

[Shorrarr] Wrouaourour aroshrouar Shorrarr wouaroaur ouruaouroau?
Maybe Shorrarr can finish one sabacc game?

He views through the barrack and sees all the other soldiers going to bed and adds.

[Shorrarr] Rourouoauroar rruaoruo wruaoushaourw wruoaru! Raouroru rarrbroeru droaursh roaurwouroash raoauro!
Well done Lietantant, well done! I like to ba a negotiator but not on the cost of a sabacc game!

He lies down with half of his legs hanging over the end of the bunk and closes his eyes only to open them shortly after again. He turns around and tries to sleep with his legs tightend to his body.

[Shorrarr] Rourouaruow aruaouro wookiee!
And nobody thinks about the Wookiee!

Although he feels uncomfortable he falls asleep and dreams about the days as his family wasn't threatend by the empire. As his son used to play in the treetops of Kashyyyk. As he spend most of his day kissing his wife and huging his litle son.

PsychoInfiltrator
5 September 2005, 01:56 PM
Rayror drifts off to sleep.
Shorrarr is one hard Wookie to forget. If I can't have an elite Barabel Hunter on my side, Shorrarr will do. Just try and let the Imperials attack! In full force! Even with those newfangled fourlegged things, if they want.

boccelounge
5 September 2005, 11:26 PM
<center>
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/boccelounge/BoRB_chapter01_02_small.jpg
</center>

<center>CHAPTER ONE: "Target, Maximum Firepower!"</center>

--------------------

INTERIOR: IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER -- BRIDGE LEVEL -- DEEP-SPACE PROBE-ROBOT MONITORING STATIONS

Dozens of grey-uniformed controllers work a vast complex of electronic consoles. At one of the consoles, a junior controller is having a quiet but intense conversation with his supervisor.
CONTROLLER: But sir, I thought it hardly worth mentioning... we're not even sure that it IS a man-made installation... it could just be a trick of the lighting...

OFFICER: Don't play those factor-analysis games with me. The Captain was quite explicit: ALL possible installation sightings are to be reported to senior officers at once. How long have you been sitting on this data feed?

CONTROLLER: Well, it weren't more than a few hours, sir... I mean, it's probably just rocks, or smugglers, or what have you... and there are so many uncharted settlements...

OFFICER: Let me make this perfectly clear: if you sight it, you report it. Now I'll have to go with the bother of writing you up for "failure to comply with standing duty orders."

CONTROLLER: Aw, c'mon, then, sir, is it all that bad? No need for write-ups and paperwork and such?

OFFICER: Ah, so you'd rather I just skip the paperwork and tell HIM about it, then?

CONTROLLER: "Him?" "HIM??!!" Ah, no, well, apologies, sir! Won't happen again! Sir!

OFFICER: Of that I am quite certain. Now I shall have to inform the Captain of MY find... with any luck the Admiral will act upon it personally... and "HE" won't need to get involved...
The CONTROLLER gulps nervously and unconsciously loosens his collar, as if he fears it will choke him... He barely manages a desperate salute as the OFFICER strides off in a huff.

--------------------

EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO BASE --- SOUTH RANGE -- DAWN

The first feeble but welcome rays of Hoth's sun come over the distant horizon just as Delta Platoon passes out of Echo Base's South Entrance. The dawn illuminates a vast, dismal, and feature-less plain of tundra, ringed in the far distance by rugged and forbidding mountain ranges.

The Rebel soldiers are outfitted in full Heavy Weather gear, and loaded with equipment. As the platoon of Big Blue One troopers files out of Echo Base onto the open plain, their commander, Zak "Flash" Samson, confers with a small group of NCOs.
FLASH: Uh, OK, sergeants, get the men sorted by squad and let's get going. It's, uh, gonna be a long hoof to Station 38-- or "Echo Alpha" or whatever it is they're calling it. Make sure they, uh, have those snowshoes all buckled on like the SecFor guys showed us, and, uh, keep an eye on the Mon Cal and that lizard-guy. They looked, uh, pretty stiff when they fell out for roll-call.
--------------------

OOC: And now, a brief pause in the GM narration, for In-Character comment...

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

djas_puhr
6 September 2005, 03:31 AM
Edgar checks over his Gillie suit making sure that he’s added enough of the surrounding terrain to make it blend in properly. If there was even any type of foliage or fauna this would be easier, but no, we’re stuck on an ice ball with no type of foliage or fauna for more then a thousand klik’s in either direction! Sith spit. Why couldn’t we be stationed on a warm planet, this place is bloody well cold and there isn’t enough café in the galaxy to warm me up! After making his final checks on the Gillie suit he puts on the suit over his cold weather gear. He grabs his helmet and snuggle places it on and adjusts the comlink earpiece and throat mike. He keys the mike and speaks trying to adjust the volume and pickup levels.

Echo Base Comms, Spades. Radio check, over.

Echo Base Comms responds, Spades, Echo Base Comms. We read you five by five.

Echo Base Comms, Spades. What channel and encryption setting are we using today, over.

Echo Base Comms pauses a second or two and replies, Spades, Echo Base Comms. Check with your Comms operator he’ll have the channel for your squad and for Echo Base. Also, he’ll have the proper encryption settings for your comlink.

Thanks Echo Base, out.

Edgar wanders his way over to Shorrarr and asks a question.

Hey Shorrarr, you know who we talk to about encrypting our comlinks and setting them to the right channel?

Stirroret
6 September 2005, 05:24 AM
EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO BASE --- SOUTH RANGE -- DAWN

The staff sergeant joins Flash and the other sergeants at their little "conference". He feels the weight of his heavy weather uniform on his shoulders as he takes a brief glance over the icey horizon. Beautiful...VERY beautiful indeed... so tranquil. I feel it's a crime the war had to come to a place such as this. I just hope the peace here lasts until we find another base he looked at Flash as the last sergeants have joined him.


FLASH: Uh, OK, sergeants, get the men sorted by squad and let's get going. It's, uh, gonna be a long hoof to Station 38-- or "Echo Alpha" or whatever it is they're calling it. Make sure they, uh, have those snowshoes all buckled on like the SecFor guys showed us, and, uh, keep an eye on the Mon Cal and that lizard-guy. They looked, uh, pretty stiff when they fell out for roll-call.

He looked down as his feet, the "shoes" are on like instructed

TOONS: You heard the man. Make it happen... Sir, a word please? I was wondering what intel data has been provided regarding the area. I mean what kind of resistance can we expect?

EZE1138
6 September 2005, 08:48 AM
INT. BARRACKS MORNING

With a snort, Tav's head shoots up and he nearly slumps out of the chair he is still sitting in since last night's game. In waiting for the betting to continue he had fallen asleep at the table. Looking at the table, he could tell it went no further than the first round of betting and, sadly, the players had already cleared their money off before he could, well, count it.

His back stiff, he looks up to see Egdar talking to the wookiee. The Bothan drops to the floor and makes his way over to his as yet unused bunk, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes with the back of his furry hand. As he yawns again, he bares his bright white teeth momentarily as he begins to get suited up in cold-weather gear and armor.

Tav kicks Daxter's bunk as he is buttoning up vest, muttering Up at at 'em.

JoJohnJohansen
6 September 2005, 09:43 AM
The early morning air in the barracks freezes to the bone, creeping into the deepest recesses of the bunks and making getting dressed in your winter gear quickly very appealing.

boccelounge
6 September 2005, 09:50 AM
EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO BASE --- SOUTH RANGE -- DAWN


Originally posted by Stirroret
TOONS: Sir, a word please? I was wondering what intel data has been provided regarding the area. I mean what kind of resistance can we expect?
FLASH is trying to pull his macrobincoulars out of a pouch, clumsy with his thick insultated gloves.
FLASH: Uh, well, Private, uh, Juliaan should have briefed you on the Intel Report (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231522#post231522)... but I'll, uh, save you the trouble: there's no one here, there never has been, and we're going to help the Alliance make sure it there never will be.

FLASH: This hasn't been, uh, made common knowledge yet, but the men are bound to hear it soon. Echo's not just a, uh, forward base. It's THE base... Alliance High Command is due to relocate here as soon all the installations are complete-- like, uh, the one we're headed to now.

FLASH: So, uh, don't let the quiet and desolation, uh, lull the men into getting soft. We've got to, uh, stay in fighting trim, even if we, uh, don't get back into the fight for a while.
Having finally succeeded in removing his 'binocs, the Lieutenant scans the horizon. You notice he's taking care not to bump his bruised cheekbone. He looks for a minute, then brings to glasses down, and points to a distant spot.
FLASH: Well, that's, uh, the right heading. But I'll be damned if I can see Station 38. Anyway, have, uh, the comms-man inform Echo Command that Echo X is proceeding to Echo Alpha.
--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

DentArthurDent
6 September 2005, 09:57 AM
FLASH: Well, that's, uh, the right heading. But I'll be damned if I can see Station 38. Anyway, have, uh, the comms-man inform Echo Command that Echo X is proceeding to Echo Alpha.

Oran: You heard him, men. Get into formation. Spades, KESTREL, Shorarr, you're in the lead. Tav, YUG, ROOBIS, and Rayror, you're to follow. We're here to train, not for walking in a winter wonderland, so let's act like it.

JoJohnJohansen
6 September 2005, 10:11 AM
AJ had been in the Intel section for almost 3 hours while Rushiri spilled her heart to him. The thrill of his victory was overshadowed by the pain that this woman was feeling, and he found himself caring more about her sorrow than he wanted to. As normal, he couldn’t think of any comforting words to say and he ended up standing there and holding her in quiet. It wasn’t until he left that he though about what the consequences would have been for Rushiri if someone else would have found them in an apparent embrace. Luckily that didn’t happen. Once he was able to speak, the few words that he said seemed to calm her. As he left, she actually hugged him again and thanked him. It was one of those “thank you’s” that comes from the soul and sends a warm wave down your spine. On the way back to the barracks, the air felt a little less cold, and he knew that if he ever needed a favor, there was a pretty good chance that she would deliver.

----

AJ crawled out of his bunk and continued consolidating the data that he had left just four hours before. He thought heavily about the information that Rushiri had given him apart from the intel and the outpost survey, and wondered if he should mention any of this to his command chain. He wasn’t sure if any of it would be useful, but, in the end, information is power, and maybe “Flash” could do something with it.

Agusto put the finishing touches on his report and finds the command group meeting outside the blast doors.

AJ: Hey, XO. Don't mean to interrupt, but here’s the latest from the Intel section. I stayed up most of the night double checking it, and I think, for the most part, it’s fairly accurate.

AJ hands Toons the data pad, but instead of turning around to leave he remains. Debating whether or not the XO would be interested in Rusiri’s other concerns and comments. His internal conversation is reflected externally, very obviously.

---

HOTH GENERAL INTEL HERE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231522#post231522)

OOC (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232833#post232833)

djas_puhr
6 September 2005, 10:12 AM
Sergeant, maybe you could answer this question. What channel is 1st and 2nd squad going to opperate on and what encryption code are we going to use? Alpha, Beta, or Gamma?

Edgar checks his comlink setting once more and gets ready to set 1st and 2nd squad as well as Echo Base. Edgar clears his rifle and checks his power cell making sure he has a full charge in it. He opens his scope on the rifle and aims at a point at about sixty meters out and zeros out his scope at that point

Well boys, if ya want I'll take point here and lead us out once Serge gives me the code and channels.

Uron Teff
6 September 2005, 11:05 AM
Hey Shorrarr, you know who we talk to about encrypting our comlinks and setting them to the right channel?

[Shorrarr] Wrouaoruosh shourauor wruaoshrao roauruaro. Rouauoro warush roauro Kashyyyk
I don't know what to do with these things. On Kashyyyk we used drums to "encrypt" our messages.

He starts to tighten his power generator on his back and lifts up the heavy repeating blaster he had placed on the ground only second earlier.


Oran: You heard him, men. Get into formation. Spades, KESTREL, Shorarr, you're in the lead. Tav, YUG, ROOBIS, and Rayror, you're to follow. We're here to train, not for walking in a winter wonderland, so let's act like it.

He spinns aound hearing his voice to look at Sergeant Kay'Brain.

[Shorrarr]Shoruaor warour? Rrroau... rouaurouwor wruaourow shroaurow.
Why am I always first? Ah... neg that. Maybe I am the first hit by a snowball.

Looking back to Spades he adds with a softend voice

[Shorrarr]Woruoaruow roushrouaw aruowurow aoruwoauro...rouw? Raourowuro arouro? Roaurour charowurew shaourw rouw? Raourshourawruo?
BTW why they want a SecOps platoon to instal ...what? Perimetric sensors? Do they expect that we are attacked by what? Snowmen?

He knees down to attach the snowshoes to his feet only to find it senseless.

[Shorrarr]Raoruaouror awuoaruo rshorauor. Raour. Souroauro. Shorauor. Shrou rou... Roaurour wrauro!
Sees everything is to small here. The bunks. The snowshoes. The temperature. Well then ... on your comand SARGE!

boccelounge
6 September 2005, 11:27 AM
EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO BASE --- SOUTH RANGE -- DAWN


Originally posted by Uron Teff
Shorrarr... knees down to attach the snowshoes to his feet only to find it senseless.

[Shorrarr]Raoruaouror awuoaruo rshorauor. Raour. Souroauro. Shorauor. Shrou rou... Roaurour wrauro!
Sees everything is to small here. The bunks. The snowshoes. The temperature. Well then ... on your comand SARGE!
Private Gern KESTREL, the platoon's only female trooper, grins at SHORRAR's remarks. She doesn't speak the Wookiee language, but her squad-mate's tone and motions make his frustration clear. She walks over to SHORRARR, and teases him in a friendly tone.
KESTREL: You complaining already? I can't wait 'til your fur's caked with snow-- then we're really going to hear it... Turn around and I'll make sure everything's strapped on good... You sure you wanta carry all this stuff yourself? That generator alone has gotta weigh 20 kilos!
After a moment, KESTREL has double-checked the Wookiee's equipment, and she heads off to join EDGAR on the point detail. One arm clutches her A280 blaster rifle; the other waves for SHORRARR to catch up.
KESTREL: C'mon, Fuzzball, let's get this show on the road.
--------------------

OOC: Thanks for the name, Dent. Here's the rest:
Private Gern Kestrel: Female Human Soldier 2/Thug 2; Init +2 (Dex); Defense 16 (+4 class, +2 Dex); DR 2; Spd 10 m; VP/WP 20/12; Atk +7 ranged (3d8/19-20/DC 15 stun, blaster carbine, 20m) or +3/+3 ranged (3d8/19-20/DC 15 stun, blaster carbine, Multifire, 20m); SV Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +2; SZ M; FP 2; DSP 0; Rep +1; Str 12, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 12; Challenge Code C.

Equipment: Alliance Armor, Blaster Carbine, Blaster Pistol, Comlink, Medpac, Power Pack (2), Vibrodagger.

Skills: (with -2 armor check penalty); Computer Use +4, Demolitions +4, Escape Artist +0, Hide +0, Intimidate +4, Knowledge (Alliance Military) +2, Knowledge (Tactics) +2, Listen +4, Move Silently +0, Pilot +4, Profession (Alliance Trooper) +4, Read/Write (Basic), Repair +4, Ride +4, Speak (Basic), Spot +4, Treat Injury +4.

Feats: Alertness, Armor Proficiency (light), Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus (blaster rifles), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons).
--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Mack Jace
6 September 2005, 11:35 AM
Ragab rolled out of bed and, nearly frozen, put on his equipment. Lugging around his MedPack was not his idea of a fun time. After five minutes of truding in the cold he said Cheer up everybody, it could be a lot worse. We could be trudging through the cold AND have Imps shooting at us. And speaking of being shot at, do me a favor and make me regret bringing this frellin' MedPack with me. In formation with the others, he hunkered down and trudged onwards.

EZE1138
6 September 2005, 12:56 PM
Oran: You heard him, men. Get into formation. Spades, KESTREL, Shorarr, you're in the lead. Tav, YUG, ROOBIS, and Rayror, you're to follow. We're here to train, not for walking in a winter wonderland, so let's act like it.

Having made his way out to the cold, checked and inspected, Tav was still not ready for the blast of cold as he hit the surface. Others in his previous unit had at one time made fun, pointing out that with fur, shouldn't he be warm? Tav would usually reply, "Can I borrow your hat, then? You have hair on your head...why bother with a hat?"

He grumbled a bit as the cold wind tore at his fur. His goggles steamed up slightly before clearing as he stepped in behind the lead element of the 'toon. He was happy that the giant carpet was in the lead, cutting the wind shear down a bit. Or at least he imagined it that way.

Tav yells out, Hey, Sarge! How in the name of all that is warm are we going to see any Imperial Shellheads out there? They are white, the snow is white... Who had the brilliant idea of picking the one place where Imperials don't have to hide to sneak up on us?!!

boccelounge
6 September 2005, 01:04 PM
EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO BASE --- SOUTH RANGE -- DAWN


Originally posted by EZE1138
Tav yells out, "Hey, Sarge! How in the name of all that is warm are we going to see any Imperial Shellheads out there? They are white, the snow is white... Who had the brilliant idea of picking the one place where Imperials don't have to hide to sneak up on us?!!"
Coming up behind his squad-mate, Private Wen YUG wears a wicked grin.
YUG: Yeah, you'd better be careful out here, Bothington. I hears them Stormies like to take... pets.
He glances around in mock terror.
YUG: And... and... they could be ANYWHERE!
Several of YUG's cronies laugh at his over-acted jest, and YUG settles back into formation with a self-satisfied sneer.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

coldskier0320
6 September 2005, 02:11 PM
Trudging across the frozen landscape with the other men in his unit, Sep looks noticeably less affected by the cold than the rest. When someone finally points it out, he replies, "Hah! You think this is cold, do ya? Lemme tell ya something, kid, this is nothing compared to the time I was stuck out on a station in the Roche asteroids. Vat-babies hit us, and vented the station to hard vacuum. Was so cold you needed a warmerjust to breathe the air. It'd freeze your lungs otherwise. The guys who weren't in the auto-seal part of the station weren't even that lucky...no sir, this ain't bad....ain't bad at all."

As he continues walking, His jumpsuit keeping him at a comfortable temperature, he overhears a conversation among a few of the other men.


YUG: Yeah, you'd better be careful out here, Bothington. I hears them Stormies like to take... pets. And... and... they could be ANYWHERE!

At this, Orr gives an annoyed sigh before reprimanding Yug, "I'd suggest you shut the vent and keep on walking, I don't think your brain can handle walking and talking at the same time, private. 'Sides, the bothan makes a good point. This snow'll hide imps real good, so we gotta keep our eyes open. May seem dumb out here on an ice cube like this, but you'll never meet the soldier who was saved by his ignorance."

PsychoInfiltrator
6 September 2005, 02:16 PM
Coming up behind his squad-mate, Private Wen YUG wears a wicked grin.


YUG: Yeah, you'd better be careful out here, Bothington. I hears them Stormies like to take... pets.

He glances around in mock terror.

YUG: And... and... they could be ANYWHERE!

Several of YUG's cronies laugh at his over-acted jest, and YUG settles back into formation with a self-satisfied sneer.


Rayror hears something that sounds like an nsult to one of his comrades, and already in a horribly bad mood, interrupts Yug's sneer.
"HisssSSSSS!!!"{Barabel}You bloody idiot!{/Barabel}(snarls, more hissing)" Rayror picks up YUG with his right hand and snarls, then spits in his face. {Basic} I should gut you for that, Thinskin son of Nerf-For-Brainz!" Rayror lifts his left arm, and lets fly, his punch ending a mere inch in front of YUG's face. {Basic}"No more insultz or I turn the snow red.(Intimidate check:19roll+12mod){/Basic}"
Rayror releases Yug, propelling him backwards, then turns and takes his own instructed place in line, mutter "imbecile" in Barabel.

OOC: You should see what happens if you insult a friend of Rayror!

Kamon
6 September 2005, 04:30 PM
Tav kicks Daxter's bunk as he is buttoning up vest, muttering Up at at 'em.

Dax rubs his head as he pulls off the covers and slips his vest and weapons over his back. He lifts up his backpack and puts on his comlink and heads out after Flash.



FLASH: Uh, OK, sergeants, get the men sorted by squad and let's get going. It's, uh, gonna be a long hoof to Station 38-- or "Echo Alpha" or whatever it is they're calling it. Make sure they, uh, have those snowshoes all buckled on like the SecFor guys showed us, and, uh, keep an eye on the Mon Cal and that lizard-guy. They looked, uh, pretty stiff when they fell out for roll-call.


Blast... Just woke up, and freezing my Tatooine-born butt off...and now I have to check roll and inspect everyones shoes? he thought to himself as he followed the Lieutenant.

DAX: Alright men. Time for role of the Night Angels. Corporal, present? Lance corp Jas? 1st Class Private AJ and Kell? Privates Ketran... Lan... and... umm... rifleman guy... doesn't seem to have his name...

Dax looks over his sheets for the name of the mystery private.

Night who says ni
6 September 2005, 05:31 PM
After getting up early after a restless night Kell was ready when Dax called role.

Im here ... sir

He starts to slowly follow the Lieutenant and corpral.

Stirroret
6 September 2005, 05:35 PM
AJ: Hey, XO. Don't mean to interrupt, but here’s the latest from the Intel section. I stayed up most of the night double checking it, and I think, for the most part, it’s fairly accurate.

TOONS: Good work AJ. Thanks (he salutes the private and checks the datapad, expecting him to turn away and leave. But in the corner of his eye he sees AJ remaining looking like he has something to say) You like like something's on your mind...

He hears in the background Private Yug saying


YUG: Yeah, you'd better be careful out here, Bothington. I hears them Stormies like to take... pets. (pause) And... and... they could be ANYWHERE!

Followed by a...


RAYROR: Hisss...I should gut you for that, Thinskin son of Nerf-For-Brainz! (Rayror lifts his left arm, and lets fly, his punch ending a mere inch in front of YUG's face) No more insultz or I turn the snow red.

Rayror releases Yug, propelling him backwards, then turns and takes his own instructed place in line, hissing something in Barabel

bloody hell..., TOONS thinks as he looks at AJ "walk with me...", he says and walks up towards the Daystalkers "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!!!", he yells and points out Private Yug. "PRIVATE YUG - FRONT AND CENTER - NOW!!!", he feels the adrenaline as he awaits the private's arrival, "you too Corporal Rayror..."

Kamon
6 September 2005, 08:24 PM
Im here ... sir

Dax looks up from his sheets at the response.

DAX: You don't need to call me sir. The names Daxter, or Dax, or at the very least, Nomak. No sir for me, men. I'm only as good as you, I just happen to get paid a little more ;) He grins at the last couple of words, and then looks back at his papers, busy again.


YUG: Yeah, you'd better be careful out here, Bothington. I hears them Stormies like to take... pets. (pause) And... and... they could be ANYWHERE!


RAYROR: Hisss...I should gut you for that, Thinskin son of Nerf-For-Brainz! (Rayror lifts his left arm, and lets fly, his punch ending a mere inch in front of YUG's face) No more insultz or I turn the snow red.


"PRIVATE YUG - FRONT AND CENTER - NOW!!!", he feels the adrenaline as he awaits the private's arrival, "you too Corporal Rayror..."

DAX: Hahahaha...they're in for it now... Blasted freshbloods. Daxter mumbled to himself, still working.

Can't they tell we're in this together? If we die, he dies too. No one will die unless thats the only option left. I will make sure of this., he thought, And no one deserts us... he said aloud without noticing.

boccelounge
6 September 2005, 09:47 PM
EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO BASE --- SOUTH RANGE -- DAWN


Originally posted by coldskier0320
Orr gives an annoyed sigh before reprimanding Yug, "I'd suggest you shut the vent and keep on walking, I don't think your brain can handle walking and talking at the same time, private. 'Sides, the bothan makes a good point. This snow'll hide imps real good, so we gotta keep our eyes open. May seem dumb out here on an ice cube like this, but you'll never meet the soldier who was saved by his ignorance."
His courage buoyed by the guffaws of his buddies, YUG readies a snappy comback to the old corporal, but is suddenly cut off by--


Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
Rayror: "HisssSSSSS!!!"{Barabel}UNTRANSLATED{/Barabel}(snarls, more hissing)" Rayror picks up YUG with his right hand and snarls, then spits in his face. {Basic} I should gut you for that, Thinskin son of Nerf-For-Brainz!" Rayror lifts his left arm, and lets fly, his punch ending a mere inch in front of YUG's face. {Basic}"No more insultz or I turn the snow red.{/Basic}"
Rayror releases Yug, propelling him backwards, then turns and takes his own instructed place in line, mutter "imbecile" in Barabel.

Originally posted by Stirroret
bloody hell..., TOONS thinks as he looks at AJ "walk with me...", he says and walks up towards the Daystalkers "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!!!", he yells and points out Private Yug. "PRIVATE YUG - FRONT AND CENTER - NOW!!!", he feels the adrenaline as he awaits the private's arrival, "you too Corporal Rayror..."
YUG picks himself up, his features a mix of terror and rage. He jogs over to Sergeant TOONS, giving RAYROR a wide berth.
YUG: Sarge! Get that crazy thing offa me! I'm just having a friendly chat with my squadmates, and the next thing I know this... THING is all over me like a rabid gundark! It'll be lucky if I don't press charges!
The Lieutenant is walking out in front of the small column, and apparently lost in thought. If he notices the situation, he makes no sign. Apparently, it's up to the NCOs to deal with things...

--------------------

OOC: It's up to the NCOs to deal with things. ;)

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

DentArthurDent
6 September 2005, 10:10 PM
*Oran wheels on his squad, pulls his Merr-Sonn Model 44 and fires twice at the ground.*

Oran: Everyone settles down now, or there'll be hell to pay! This is not a friendly get-together and this is not a democracy, this is a military operation, and there will be no questioning of orders. I'm not going to tolerate it, not in my unit. Discipline was a part of the military, and if you fools don't take this seriously, then you how seriously will you take real combat? I'm not going to lose half my (expletive deleted) unit again because--

*Oran turns away and stalks to the front of the line, drawing even with Spades, muttering to himself the whole way.*

Oran: McGregor, when we're given the go-ahead, you have point.

Stirroret
6 September 2005, 11:09 PM
YUG picks himself up, his features a mix of terror and rage. He jogs over to Sergeant TOONS, giving RAYROR a wide berth.

YUG: Sarge! Get that crazy thing offa me! I'm just having a friendly chat with my squadmates, and the next thing I know this... THING is all over me like a rabid gundark! It'll be lucky if I don't press charges!

Sgt. Toons looks at the Private with a fierce look in his eyes...

TOONS: SILENCE PRIVATE!!! Tell me one thing... did your mother drop you on your head a lot as baby? That Barabel you call a "thing" may very well be the very person to save your pathetic life one day under fire!! Do you read me Private?

(when Rayror arrives. He cools down the rhetoric to avoid igniting a situation he cannot control)

TOONS: And as for you Corporal... control yourself and deal with matter according to your rank and office!! I won't have ANYBODY under my command acting like this!!! regardless the reason... if you have an issue with a subordinate officer - you WILL NOT react in this manner again... is that understood Corporal??

He faces the private once more,

TOONS: And as for your little "joke" Private the Empire is NOT a joking matter... 'cause believe me when I say - WHEN you meet them in combat you will find them to be a fierce, merciless warmachine that will gutt cocky little rookies like you if they had the chance!! I swear if I hear you crack a joke like that again - I'll have you shovelling snow on flightdeck wearing nothing but shorts! Do I make myself clear Private?!?

(OOC: Intimidate check 19)

djas_puhr
7 September 2005, 02:30 AM
Oran: McGregor, when we're given the go-ahead, you have point.

Roger that boss.

Now if these fools don’t kill themselves this aught to be a fun little trip to nowhere and back. Oh well, so much for me trying to catch up on what my little brother is doing. Edgar looks towards Staff Sergeant (SSerg) Khan and smiles as he reminds Edgar of his first Serg Major back on Corellia. We did have some fun time back in Kor Vella. Shame Imps run that town now.


TOONS: SILENCE PRIVATE!!! Tell me one thing... did your mother drop you on your head a lot as baby? That Barabel you call a "thing" may very well be the very person to save your pathetic life one day under fire!! Do you read me Private?

TOONS: And as for you Corporal... control yourself and deal with matter according to your rank and office!! I won't have ANYBODY under my command acting like this!!! regardless the reason... if you have an issue with a subordinate officer - you WILL NOT react in this manner again... is that understood Corporal??

TOONS: And as for your little "joke" Private the Empire is NOT a joking matter... 'cause believe me when I say - WHEN you meet them in combat you will find them to be a fierce, merciless war machine that will gut cocky little rookies like you if they had the chance!! I swear if I hear you crack a joke like that again - I'll have you shoveling snow on flight deck wearing nothing but shorts! Do I make myself clear Private?!?

Edgar starts to choke down a laugh at the fresh booter and his errant joke. Never get a male Barbabel PO at ya, and never upset a Wookiee. Two rules to live by, think SSerg Khan made that point clear to the green Private.

Sergeant, with the new hands ya really think we can fend off the empire.

As he gestures over to Private Wen Yug.

Well I for one hope we focus on our task at hand, get this done and its rec time!

boccelounge
7 September 2005, 09:49 AM
EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO BASE --- SOUTH RANGE -- EARLY MORNING


Originally posted by DentArthurDent
*Oran wheels on his squad, pulls his Merr-Sonn Model 44 and fires twice at the ground.*
This outburst shocks the rest of the platoon into silence-- everyone stops walking and turns in shock toward the blaster sounds. everyone but Lieutenant FLASH, that is. He continues on his way, walking ahead of the group and occasionally gazing at the distance mountain ranges in his 'binocs.


Originally posted by Stirroret
TOONS: And as for your little "joke" Private the Empire is NOT a joking matter... 'cause believe me when I say - WHEN you meet them in combat you will find them to be a fierce, merciless warmachine that will gutt cocky little rookies like you if they had the chance!! I swear if I hear you crack a joke like that again - I'll have you shovelling snow on flightdeck wearing nothing but shorts! Do I make myself clear Private?!?

(OOC: Intimidate check 19)
Red-faced and sweating, even in the cold Hoth morning, YUG starts to lash out a comeback, but getting a good look at the grizzled Zabrak warrior before him, he checks his anger, and sullenly backs off, toward his place in the formation. He manages only a weak rebuttal.
YUG: Understood, "sir."
Within moments, the platoon is once again on the move. It's still impossible to see Station 38 in the bleak white distance. But FLASH holds true to his course, and soon the platoon is several kilometers from Echo Base, in the middle of a vast, almost featureless plain of snow and ice.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Uron Teff
7 September 2005, 10:07 AM
As both squades walk in silence Shorrarr speaks up.

[Shorrarr] Roauowuro shoaurowuro aworuw oaouao. Wrououo arousuhwour chroaurwo wrauoruw aouroaurow ruoaurowuro aruwouro.
I bet that we the Day Stalkers be first at Station 38. They're only the second squat and that is because they'll always lose against the FIRST squad, the DAY STALKERS.

While keeping on walking he turns around to Oran (Sarge Kay'Bain) and adds

[Shorrarr] Rwaruwo arouar? Raour aruou chaewhoe araourow raoruuro shoruroaur? Raourorw shaoruwoche.
You said we need training, right? Why not start with the basics and have a nice little race to station 38? A little endurance test.

Without the permission of the Sarge Shorrarr starts to speed up his pace of the Day Stalkers.

coldskier0320
7 September 2005, 11:00 AM
I bet that we the Day Stalkers be first at Station 38. They're only the second squat and that is because they'll always lose against the FIRST squad, the DAY STALKERS.

"Easy there, wook.", Orr cautions him, "I got no intentions of hauling this frame any faster than needs be. And that goes for the rest of these guys too. No sense in running, that station ain't a-goin' anywhere and I'd rather not get sweaty, makes it all that much easier to get hypothermia."

Orr flashes Shorrarr a grin to show him its nothing personal. Or was it a grin at surprising the wook at understanding his native tongue?

djas_puhr
7 September 2005, 11:05 AM
[Shorrarr]Woruoaruow roushrouaw aruowurow aoruwoauro...rouw? Raourowuro arouro? Roaurour charowurew shaourw rouw? Raourshourawruo?
BTW why they want a SecOps platoon to instal ...what? Perimetric sensors? Do they expect that we’ll be attacked by what? Snowmen?

Fuzzball, I got to hand it to ya. For a moment I really thought there were sentient snowman that were out to get us here. Well anyways, Kestrel and Shorrarr if ya want I’ll take the point and you can follow behind closer to the squad.

Edgar waits a second and then follows the lead of Flash and starts heading out. It’s game time. Edgar’s expression sharpens as he walks at a normal pace about fifty meters a head of the group. Now all I have to do is make sure nothing is going to catch us by surprise. About every twenty-five meters Edgar stops and scans the horizon for a minute using his electrobinoculars and notes if anything has changed. His right hand is always on the handgrip of his rifle and his trigger finger ready to pounce on the trigger if necessary.

Mighty fine time to see if these snipers gloves work in the cold. Edgar smirks slowly at thought of finding anything worth shooting out here in the first place.

Grudgingly he trudges along in the snow keeping mindful not to become complacent out in the open with nothing around for about 2 kliks in any direction.

Great, just great, pulling point were NOTHING is ever going to happen on this ice ball.

Edgar comes to a halt about twenty-five meters from his last position and brings up his 'binocs and starts scan the horizon once more.

-----

OCC d20 rolls (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538&perpage=1&pagenumber=244)

boccelounge
7 September 2005, 11:27 AM
EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO BASE --- SOUTH RANGE -- EARLY MORNING


Originally posted by Uron Teff
[Shorrarr] Rwaruwo arouar? Raour aruou chaewhoe araourow raoruuro shoruroaur? Raourorw shaoruwoche.

Without the permission of the Sarge Shorrarr starts to speed up his pace of the Day Stalkers.

Originally posted by coldskier0320
"Easy there, wook.", Orr cautions him, "I got no intentions of hauling this frame any faster than needs be. And that goes for the rest of these guys too. No sense in running, that station ain't a-goin' anywhere and I'd rather not get sweaty, makes it all that much easier to get hypothermia."
Puzzled by this exchange, Private KESTREL turns to ORR.
KESTREL: What's he on about now, Sep? Still worried about Abominable Snowmen?
She grins teasingly at SHORRARR, and gives him a pat on the arm before returning to her position.


Originally posted by djas_puhr
Edgar... trudges along in the snow... comes to a halt about twenty-five meters from his last position and brings up his 'binocs and starts scan the horizon once more.
--------------------

OOC: Got your Spot/Listen chekcs, djas.

--------------------

From EDGAR's vantage, the landscape is bleak and dismal. An unending sea of ice and snow, punctuated here and there by low but rugged mountains, seems to be all the Hoth terrain has to show.

Still scanning with his 'binocs, EDGAR hears FLASH tread softly up.
FLASH: It's gorgeous, isn't it? Just think of the possibilities...
He gazes with open wonderment at the landscape, and gestures at the broad ice plain.
FLASH: I've never seen natural flats this broad before... If it weren't so damned cold, I'd get a swoop track set up here in a heartbeat... Even with the cold, it's going to be hard to resist.
Dreams of former glory in his eyes, the Lieutenant strides off into the snow.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Uron Teff
7 September 2005, 11:29 AM
.
"Easy there, wook. I got no intentions of hauling this frame any faster than needs be. And that goes for the rest of these guys too. No sense in running, that station ain't a-goin' anywhere and I'd rather not get sweaty, makes it all that much easier to get hypothermia."


[Shorrarr] Rouaruow roaurr raouror? Roauro chrwaure rouawu arshrowuw raourwo ruoa ruouawuw?
And what knid of training is this? Do they think we are some youngling who just have to learn how to walk?

Shorrarr looks a bit puzzeled about the answer from Orr.

[Shorrarr] Wrouar arushro. Raurow raruchewarou archoaura shroar chaewwou.
Think about it. If we walk faster we'll be 'home' in at last three hours or so.

He points with his paw towards the Echo Station.

[Shorrarr] Roaur arwwarou shroaurw rechewasro? Rouruow!
And whats out here except ice, snow and a cold, biting wind? Nothing!

He changes the position of his heavy repeating blaster from holding it in front of his body ready to fire to a easier to carry position on one of his shoulders.

coldskier0320
7 September 2005, 11:38 AM
And whats out here except ice, snow and a cold, biting wind? Nothing!

"Exactly, my friend", Orr smiles at the wookiee, "So why run? There's plenty of times in war when you need to run, that I've made it a policy not to unless I have to."




What's he on about now, Sep? Still worried about Abominable Snowmen?

"Naw, Kes", he smiles at the soldier, "He wantsa race, the big bear. Can't say I gots his confidence, wanting to race with a big ol' turbolaser like that on his back. But then again, I'm gettin' too old for that sort of nonsense."

Kestrel was a good woman to have on the squad. She rarely started trouble, and sometimes even helped stop it. On top of that, she was an excellent soldier, with good instincts. Orr was glad she was a part of his group.

((OOC: Is Kestrel a part of Squad 2?))

djas_puhr
7 September 2005, 11:40 AM
Edgar nods silently in agreement with what Flash had to say, not wanting to ruin the beautiful scenery. What am I doing? I should be more intent of finding something other than those far off mountain ranges and the endless sea of tundra. This is a waste of my time being out here on point.

El-Tee, why in blazes is a Spec Op Force doing a routine, and I mean boot engineers, job. You are right though; this would make one hell of swoop track, though I’d think it be one of those marathon tracks. You know the ones that take about twenty to thirty minutes to complete one circuit. Don’t tell me, were setting up a marker so we can race swoops out here? That would take the cake!

Edgar waits for an answer and after receiving one moves out once more repeating the twenty-five meter trek and then pausing to listen and see if anything will ever change out here.

PsychoInfiltrator
7 September 2005, 01:35 PM
TOONS: And as for you Corporal... control yourself and deal with matter according to your rank and office!! I won't have ANYBODY under my command acting like this!!! regardless the reason... if you have an issue with a subordinate officer - you WILL NOT react in this manner again... is that understood Corporal??

Hisses. "I do not tolerate inzultz to not-humanz at all. That will never change." (feral facial expression) "On Barab 1 he would be dead. and if he waz in the military I az a higher ranked offi-zir, hiz corpze wood be cort-marshulled. If thiz iz not acceptable behaviour in the Rebellion, I only azk why you recruit apparent big-ots like him in de firzt place. What thiz place needz is "specieez-toleranze", iz it? Relashunz."
"My last queztion, az much to you az to him iz what would happen if he had inzulted a Wookie or if the Alliance did not need troopz zo much. He iz lucky I timed my punch properly."

Rayror moves back to his assigned spot, then he unstraps his vibroaxe and carries it with both hands.

(If anyone asks him why he will tell them that it is practice for real combat.)

Stormrider
7 September 2005, 02:28 PM
A low growl erupted from Ketran. Many might not consider him a threat due to his scrawny body. But a keen mind is just as good. I think Master Yug deserves a nice dose of payback. A pity Raynor didn't clock the bastard. He was near the NCO's Com Gear strapped to his back and front. His voice had lost none of it's cheer as he spoke up. "Sgt. Toon should I contact headquarters to report our position?

((Im assuming since I took on Comm duties I've got the gear))

EZE1138
7 September 2005, 02:31 PM
Tav watches the rumbling wookiee take off for a second, then rumble some more and then get back in line. Another soldier unhitches his axe. He turns to him and says, What do you intend to do with that? Can you throw that far? Because I seriously hope the Imperials aren't close enough to use that. Or does the vibration keep you warm?

The Bothan flashes a toothy grin, his ears flattening to the side of his helmet.

I say let the wook run. If he is in such a hurry, he can run up, see that yes, indeed, there is a frozen part of this place with a number attached to it and then run on back to tell us not to bother. Then we can finish that game we started. Obviously my aggressive betting was too much for you!

Tav shuffles along, kicking up the occasional puff of snow.

PsychoInfiltrator
7 September 2005, 02:56 PM
"The vibrator izn't on-"joker". It iz for when YUG getz hiz courage back."'



I say let the wook run. If he is in such a hurry, he can run up, see that yes, indeed, there is a frozen part of this place with a number attached to it and then run on back to tell us not to bother. Then we can finish that game we started. Obviously my aggressive betting was too much for you!

"I don't play Zabacc, so I would not know how "the joker" betz. I will follow Shorrarr, he iz my commanding officer. You would do well to rezpect that Wookie."

Rayror speeds up, eventually coming to a 'relative halt' beside Shorrarr.

Kamon
7 September 2005, 03:10 PM
"The vibrator izn't on-"joker". It iz for when YUG getz hiz courage back."'


"I don't play Zabacc, so I would not know how "the joker" betz. I will follow Shorrarr, he iz my commanding officer. You would do well to rezpect that Wookie."


DAX: And you would do well to listen to your superiors, and not fight amongst yourselves. Our enemy is the Imperials, and NOT each other. You try anything, Drak'tyne, and I will handle you personally. And I'm not afraid of you, either. I've handled my fair shair of Gamorreans, and you don't seem very different.

Daxter slipped on his combat gloves and attached the grappling spike launcher onto the metal band. He looked back up at the barabel, and put on a smirk, showing he was trying to be reasonable, but serious nontheless.

DAX: And the same goes for Yug. He tries anything, and hes gonna face me. No fights amongst Rebels on my watch. Daxter slipped into some incoherent mumbling at this, and then went back to his paper work.

Mack Jace
7 September 2005, 06:05 PM
Cheer up everybody, it could be a lot worse. We could be trudging through the cold AND have Imps shooting at us. And speaking of being shot at, do me a favor and make me regret bringing this frellin' MedPack with me.
Ragab looked around, noticed that nobody heard it and repeated himself. After he finished, with a slightly annoyed tone, he found Chief Petty Officer Bryan O'Miles and said You're Alliance Navy right? What're you doin here? As you can see, I'm both squads' medic, but I still don't know what you do. As he walked on, Ragab looked at O'Miles with interest.

EZE1138
7 September 2005, 07:32 PM
Tav listens a bit to the conversations swirling around him. He skips up ahead in the line, sidling up next to his sergent. He calls out,

Hey, Sgt. Oran! How come they have us doing grunt work and checking out piles of snow? Shouldn't we be spending this morning looking for this Skywalker guy? Isn't he some sort of hero? What gives?

Tav scans the endless sea of white around him, as if invoking someone's name could bring him into sight. Only the glare of the snow meets his gaze.

Kamon
7 September 2005, 07:59 PM
Hey, Sgt. Oran! How come they have us doing grunt work and checking out piles of snow? Shouldn't we be spending this morning looking for this Skywalker guy? Isn't he some sort of hero? What gives?

Dax couldn't help but overhear the mention of his old chum, and began to chime in.

DAX: Ah, don't worry about Skywalker. I just called base, and they just found him, complete opposite side of the base from us. He was with some guy named Solo. He's in a bacta tank right now, but he's a fighter. He'll survive. I tell ya, it was a loud off of me when I heard he was alright...


Tav scans the endless sea of white around him, as if invoking someone's name could bring him into sight. Only the glare of the snow meets his gaze.

Daxter notices the soldier isn't paying much attention to his comments, so Daxter hangs his head for a moment, before seemingly finding something interesting to do. He slipped his vibrodagger out from the sheath on his chest strap, and began to flick it around, tossing it and slicing in the air. His face has a mixed look of anger and frustation. He brow is wrinkled in concentration as he quietly trains along the walk. After toying with his knife enough, he slipped out his blaster and began to aim at different spots, checking the sight on the old piece of machinery. By the looks of it, it must be at least 15 years old. There were engravings on the side, but they were obscured and old, unreadable.

Sometimes I don't think I'm cut out for a leader, he thinks to himself, still aiming the old blaster around. I've never been one to bark out orders, nor one to really look out for others. At least not unless they're close friends. I hardly know these men. How can I command them? Protect them? I don't even know their names yet!

Daxters face became etched with frustration, his forehead beaded with sweat, even in the chilling cold of Hoth. He stopped in his tracks, and aimed at what seemed a slightly darker patch of snow out on the horizon, and without even knowing it, pulled the trigger. The blaster shot rang out in the semi-silence of the squads as it sped off into the distance.

boccelounge
7 September 2005, 08:24 PM
EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO BASE --- SOUTH RANGE -- EARLY MORNING


Originally posted by djas_puhr
Edgar: El-Tee, why in blazes is a Spec Op Force doing a routine, and I mean boot engineers, job. You are right though; this would make one hell of swoop track, though I’d think it be one of those marathon tracks. You know the ones that take about twenty to thirty minutes to complete one circuit. Don’t tell me, were setting up a marker so we can race swoops out here? That would take the cake!
FLASH's eyes are bright with excitement, and his grin stretches broad.
FLASH: Oh man, that would be shiny...
Somehow dragging his mind away from swoop-race fantasies, FLASH returns "Lieutenant Samson."
FLASH: Uh, well, don't concern yourself with the importance of this assignment. I, uh, assure you that this is posting is, uh, quite prestigious for Phoenix Company.
He looks around, briefly.
FLASH: There's, uh, top leadership will be here soon. I'm told they, uh, asked specifically for the "Big Blue One" to send a detachment. And, uh, investing the defenses of "Echo Alpha" is a big part of, uh, getting everything ready.
--------------------

OOC: Just to keep everything in perspective, Delta Platoon is now about halfway (10 km) between Echo Base and Echo Alpha (a.k.a. "Station 38"). You've all been walking for 2 hours, give or take, depending on when your post "occurs" in the continuity.

And, in terms of slang, "shiny" translates to "cool" or "wicked awesome" or "gear," depending on where you're from and whether or not you're a time traveler from 1964 Liverpool. And I didn't steal "shiny" from Joss Whedon. No sir.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
last post (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18549)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
last post (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18538)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

DentArthurDent
7 September 2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by EZE1138
Hey, Sgt. Oran! How come they have us doing grunt work and checking out piles of snow? Shouldn't we be spending this morning looking for this Skywalker guy? Isn't he some sort of hero? What gives?


DAX: Ah, don't worry about Skywalker. I just called base, and they just found him, complete opposite side of the base from us. He was with some guy named Solo. He's in a bacta tank right now, but he's a fighter. He'll survive. I tell ya, it was a loud off of me when I heard he was alright...


*Oran looks around at all the snow, checking out the random piles as the wind whips across the vast plain of nothingness.*

Oran: I'm surprised he lasted the night. Although, from what I've heard of this Solo character, he was in fairly good hands.

*Oran checks his chrono.*

Oran: We ought to be about halfway out by now. *He turns to the rest of his squad, catching the eye of Shorarr in particular.* Alright, boys, you said you wanted a little exercise? Well, let's double-time it! Go, go, go!!

*Oran turns and begins jogging at a rather quick pace towards the distant waypoint. Passing Spades a few seconds later, he claps the pointman on the back.*

Oran: Lazy time is over, Spades. Let's get a move on!

*With a wry grin, Oran continues his jog.*

Korwin Blade
8 September 2005, 12:06 AM
After the Lieutenant is done talking with the Wookie Shorrarr.

He walks up to the Lieutenant and says "Chief Petty Officer Bryan O'Miles reporting."

He then says "Lieutenant can you tell me why it is I have been assigned to your unit considering I am Navy? Not that I have a problem with it as long as I get to fly or fix things."

coldskier0320
8 September 2005, 05:23 AM
He stopped in his tracks, and aimed at what seemed a slightly darker patch of snow out on the horizon, and without even knowing it, pulled the trigger. The blaster shot rang out in the semi-silence of the squads as it sped off into the distance.

As soon as he hears the shot, Orr hits the ground, his compact blaster carbine covering the area where Dax had shot. He's not sure what Dax was shooting at, he certainly hadn't seen anything out there, but he'd rather be right, and alive, than wrong...and dead.

EZE1138
8 September 2005, 06:14 AM
The blaster shot rang out in the semi-silence of the squads as it sped off into the distance.


Tav jumps away from his squadmate as he sees the man raise his weapon and fire into the snow. This is the second time shots have been fired on this sortie with no one there to hit.

Easy, Dax. Echo base is going to have its knickers bunched up like a Saladorian Feather Weed if we keep shooting at things without there being an enemy to shoot at. The last thing we need is a flight of speeders to come flying over head to "reinforce" our position when the most threatening thing right now is frostbite.

Tav gets back into position with the rest of the squad as his ears prick up, listening for the sound of speeders overhead.

Stormrider
8 September 2005, 07:03 AM
As the shot rang out. Ketran reflexively went for his blaster pistol. Within a second it was up and aimed. Eyes scanned the horizon for Imps

Spot Check (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=146591)

...........................Imps?

JoJohnJohansen
8 September 2005, 08:48 AM
AJ had kept in close proximity of the XO more by programming than a conscious act of following an order, and he had spent most of his time during the ‘hump’ thinking over the decision making processes of the Alliance. As the soft-pack snow crunched beneath his weight and forced itself through the openings of the snowshoes, he contemplated the excessive lack of fire support and ordinance that he had seen. Granted, he was only a low man in the grand Alliance scheme, but he did have two eyes and had been making his living, of late, by paying close attention to what was around him. To top things off, it seemed that Echo Base’s interim command structure had no sense of asset management. Requisitioning speeders not meant for cold environments meant not only wasted man-hours on conversion, but additional funding for specially made parts. Sending a Special Ops platoon to survey a listening post was a waste of manpower and technical expertise that they could be using elsewhere, like training the ‘green’ regulars that filled the tunnels of Hoth. Poor area recon placed the new HQ in an area where you couldn’t even get a decent ping on incoming ships, and then they followed up with too few sensor packets. All around, Alliance HQ had failed; they failed themselves and they failed their troops.

The feeling of fighting for something that he believed in had given AJ a sense of duty and an internal fire that normally kept his heart warm, but the events that were unfolding around him were putting a frost on his soul quicker than the snow was numbing his feet. Although he knew that his leaders had most likely thought of the same things, he could not help but voice his feelings.

AJ:“Uhmm, Sarge. I’ve been thinking. I know it’s not my place, but I’m kinda concerned about the situation here. It seems that there’s a lot of big brass on planet, and more coming, but they, or we, don’t even have decent sensor coverage in system. With all the traffic, someone’s likely to get picked up by the Imps and we wouldn’t even know it until they were on top of us. Jeez, I’ve even been checking the counter-intel feeds and we don’t even have a good read on their fleets. This could turn into a hot-bed quick. Have you even seen anything of heavy fire support? Or even a logistics plan?”

AJ had just finished speaking when he heard the shot.


The blaster shot rang out in the semi-silence of the squads as it sped off into the distance.

Instinctively, he dropped to one knee and leveled his repeating blaster in the direction of Dax’s fire

Stirroret
8 September 2005, 08:59 AM
AJ:“Uhmm, Sarge. I’ve been thinking. I know it’s not my place, but I’m kinda concerned about the situation here. It seems that there’s a lot of big brass on planet, and more coming, but they, or we, don’t even have decent sensor coverage in system. With all the traffic, someone’s likely to get picked up by the Imps and we wouldn’t even know it until they were on top of us. Jeez, I’ve even been checking the counter-intel feeds and we don’t even have a good read on their fleets. This could turn into a hot-bed quick. Have you even seen anything of heavy fire support? Or even a logistics plan?”

TOONS: You're right, it isn't your place to ask... nor is it mine. We have a job to do - and that should be enough for soldiers like us-...

A blastershot is heard what the h...?

TOONS: (kneels down reading his riffle) WHO'S FIRING AND WHY???

djas_puhr
8 September 2005, 09:14 AM
Oran turns and begins jogging at a rather quick pace towards the distant waypoint. Passing Spades a few seconds later, he claps the pointman on the back.
[Oran]: Lazy time is over, Spades. Let's get a move on!

Edgar watches Oran start taking off at a good jog catching up to the rest of Day Squad. Great, how the heck can I take point if they are going to run the rest of the way there? Even better now I can tell if anything is out there stalking us or tailing us.


Daxters face became etched with frustration, his forehead beaded with sweat, even in the chilling cold of Hoth. He stopped in his tracks, and aimed at what seemed a slightly darker patch of snow out on the horizon, and without even knowing it, pulled the trigger. The blaster shot rang out in the semi-silence of the squads as it sped off into the distance.

Edgar stops dead in his tracks and readies his rifle and goes prone in an instant. His heart skips a beat as the report of the blaster echoes in his ear as well as over the snow covered plains. He flips open his scope and starts scanning the horizon using thermal mode on the scope.

------

OOC spot / listen checks (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538&perpage=1&pagenumber=262)

boccelounge
8 September 2005, 09:59 AM
EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO BASE --- SOUTH RANGE -- EARLY MORNING


Originally posted by Mack Jace
Ragab, to Chief O'Miles: "You're Alliance Navy right? What're you doin here? As you can see, I'm both squads' medic, but I still don't know what you do."

Originally posted by Korwin Blade
Chief O'Miles to Lieutenant FLASH: "Chief Petty Officer Bryan O'Miles reporting."
"Lieutenant can you tell me why it is I have been assigned to your unit considering I am Navy? Not that I have a problem with it as long as I get to fly or fix things."
Still walking along, somehow finding beauty in the barren, deadly ice wastes of Hoth, Lieutenant Zak FLASH Samson looks around at the two Navy troopers who have just walked up to him.
FLASH: Uh, yes, greetings, Chief... and, uh, you must be Corpsman Ragab.
He stops walking to shake hands with both, awkward in his thick thermal glove.
FLASH: Well, uh, as you know, it's standard practice for Navy Specialists to, uh, supplement the skill-sets of SpecFor infantry platoons. Ragab here was assigned by the Regiment; I requested a, uh, space-qualified engineer to fill the other, uh, available slot. I'm glad to, uh, have you both. Welcome to the, uh, Big Blue One.
FLASH walks along for a few moments, then asks:
FLASH: Chief, uh, what experience do you have with, uh, atmospheric ion propulsion turbines? and, uh, what would it take, in your, uh, estimation, to get both ion turbines and repulsors to function in, uh, a cold atmo' like this?
--------------------

OOC: To everyone that made a Spot of 8 or a Listen of 4, you're aware that the errant blaster shot came from Sergeant DAXTER.

If you made Spot 15 or Listen 20, you're positive he was firing on a snow drift, not an Imperial.

And no, Lt. Flash doesn't seem to have made either check...

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
last post (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18549)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
last post (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18538)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Stormrider
8 September 2005, 10:25 AM
Ketran turned to Sgt Daxter. A grin on his face... "Damn Sergeant...The cold getting to you that much?" his voice was cheery and the comment aimed to diffuse the situation.

Uron Teff
8 September 2005, 10:52 AM
Oran: Lazy time is over, Spades. Let's get a move on!

As Shorrarr hears this he switchs the position of his heavy repeating blaster from his right shoulder to the general posion in front of his body. He starts to run and to join Oran at the leading position.

[Shorrarr] Rouawuro arshrou chearwroa shorawruo?
Finally you made up your mind, huh?


The blaster shot rang out in the semi-silence of the squads as it sped off into the distance.

Hearing the blasterbolt bang from a position behind him he drops instinctively to his belly. While dropping to the ground he handles the heavy repeating blaster forward. As he land he stretches his hand forward to the position of the tripod and unfolds it. Laying there he turns around to looks back to the rest of the Deltas to see if somebody was hit and if somebody has an idea where the shot came from.

He hears Staff Sergeant Toons scream

TOONS: (kneels down reading his riffle) WHO'S FIRING AND WHY???

He raises folding the tripod back into position and shakes his head.

[Shorrarr] Cheaworuo arourw: RWORUAR WRAUROW CHRWOUAR! WRASHO RAORUW RRWAR ARWORUSH! Raour wrshrwo arouw.
I told you: DON'T DO THAT AGAIN IF I'M AROUND! OTHERWISE I'LL FONG YOU! Thats the last warning.

Still chacking his head he starts to jogg again.

[Shorrarr] Shorauor waruworuch raourow rwuworuao suurwuro. WROAUR AOR!
This little accident is no excuse not to do physical training. COME ON!

DentArthurDent
8 September 2005, 11:28 AM
*Oran hears the blaster shot ring out about 60 m behind him, and he flings himself to the ground in a rather awkward way, given the snowshoes he had previously been trying to run in. Rising to one knee, he gives a cursory glance around before checking on his squad. Seeing Sgt. Daxter calmly standing up, pointing a blaster out into the white nothingness, and then equally calmly placing the same blaster back in his holster, Oran relaxes a bit, an exasperated sigh slipping out. They just refuse to take anything seriously today.*


[Shorrarr] Shorauor waruworuch raourow rwuworuao suurwuro. WROAUR AOR!

Oran: Agreed, big guy. *in a slightly louder voice over his shoulder* Let's show these bums how quickly real Deltas get to an objective.

*With that, the daring (and rather comical looking) duo continues running in the direction of the OBJ.*

Kamon
8 September 2005, 03:01 PM
Daxter slips his blaster back into his pocket, and stares around as men drop to the ground and begin to shout among the confusion. His frustration dissappears as he puts on an embarassed smirk, rubbing the back of his head.

DAX: Sorry men. I was kinda...err... well, not sure. But it was nothing to get worried about. Now, umm...back to the...er..hike...thing...

Everyone around could tell he was embarrassed. He voice was a lot softer than normal. As he watched all the soldiers get back into line, Daxter pulled on his hood and tightened his backpack, slipping back into line.

Bloody hell that was embarassing... Commanders should have more restraint... he muttered under his breath. He then walked in silence, staring at the bright snow on the ground, covered in tracks from the men ahead of him.

coldskier0320
8 September 2005, 04:29 PM
As the group continues on, Orr falls into step beside Dax, giving him a friendly slap on the back, "Wearin' off, ain't it. The fairy tale, I mean. Visions of glory, fighting for your cause...now you end up on this Xendor forsaken ice cube, house-sitting. Happened to me to at one point...on Kashyyyk...ahhh, but you don't want to hear me rant on..."

He walks for a few long moments in silence before adding, "We all go through it, Sarge, at one point or another. Or we die. Glad to see you're among the former. Oh, and if you ever need to talk, I'll listen. I'm no psych doctor, mind you, but I do have ears."

With that, he gives Dax one last grin, before continuing on.

PsychoInfiltrator
8 September 2005, 05:30 PM
Concentrating on visualizing several series's of moves designed ot disembowel and then kill a Stormtrooper, Rayror ignores almost everything-even somebody saying Drak'tyne and a blaster bolt.

Coming out of his reverie, he notices that Shorrarr and co have gotten ahead of him-he uses his powerfully built legs to easily catch up in moments and continues right past, hating every minute that he is out in the freezing cold, and wishing fervently that the Alliance had issued him better gloves and boots that weren't so easily punctured by his toes.

(both MAs 10M movement, will run if soembody else does.)

OOC: Gone for most of weekend-Bocce, RP please. (And for future reference, 'reasonable' does not work on a groutchy, overworked, agitated, cold, soon to be tired Barabel.)

Kamon
8 September 2005, 06:44 PM
"Wearin' off, ain't it. The fairy tale, I mean. Visions of glory, fighting for your cause...now you end up on this Xendor forsaken ice cube, house-sitting. Happened to me to at one point...on Kashyyyk...ahhh, but you don't want to hear me rant on..."

"We all go through it, Sarge, at one point or another. Or we die. Glad to see you're among the former. Oh, and if you ever need to talk, I'll listen. I'm no psych doctor, mind you, but I do have ears."

Daxter stared into the face of his second-in-command. The Tatooine native smiled before responding.

Thanks Sep. But right now, I'd rather be alone. I'm not up to opening..err...up...right now. But thank you for your offer.

Daxter seemed to cheer up a bit at this. Well, now I know I have at least ONE friend, he chuckled to himself. Now all that's left is to crack some Storm necks. I could do with some Trooper armour. He grinned largely to himself as he marched on into the chill of Hoth, stil thinking...

What the heck is a Xendor?

djas_puhr
9 September 2005, 04:01 AM
Edgar looks all around but sees nothing, turning around facing the rest of Delta Platoon. He strains his ears to pick any sound and barely hears the Sergeant speak.


[DAX]: Sorry men. I was kinda...err... well, not sure. But it was nothing to get worried about. Now, umm...back to the...err...hike...thing...

With that Edgar relaxes a fraction and starts to kneel. Yeah, I know what you mean Serg. I know what you mean. Edgar stands up and readies his rifle across his chest with the barrel pointing down to the God forsaken snow. He gets the rifle into a comfortable position and then grips the handle and places his trigger finger on the outside of the trigger guard. Well I hope that’s all the excitement we’re going to have on this trip.

Slowly he turns around and faces south once more and starts off. Part of Day Squad is ahead of him and without thinking or hesitating he starts of in a sprint moving as fast as his Gillie Suit will let him. Can’t even fully sprint in this garb, man I hope I can catch them. After four minutes of running hard he pulls past the rest of Day Squad and resumes his job at point, twenty-five meters out from the rest of the squad. Okay, I’m going to have to slow down to a jog so I don’t kill myself. On that thought his body slows down to a brisk jog. He glances back at his squad mates and figures he’s going fast enough to maintain the distance between himself and them.

If we keep this pace we’ll get there by oh, midday or earlier. At least well make it back before dusk. Now if no more interruptions from Serg this will be a fun jog...

Korwin Blade
9 September 2005, 06:25 AM
FLASH: Chief, uh, what experience do you have with, uh, atmospheric ion propulsion turbines? and, uh, what would it take, in your, uh, estimation, to get both ion turbines and repulsors to function in, uh, a cold atmo' like this?


CHIEF to FLASH:: I have had some experiance with them, Sir. But the trick is whether or not we can get them to work in this damn Cold. I believe I can, but could take sometime. Which reminds me, don't you have a Tech Spec in this Platoon?

Stormrider
9 September 2005, 12:01 PM
....Sgt. Daxter. Should I contact headquarters to inform them of our position? Ketran said cheerfully as he jogged up beside the man. His voice lowered to a whisper...If you need to talk I'm always here... I know what your going through......

Kamon
9 September 2005, 02:28 PM
...If you need to talk I'm always here... I know what your going through......

Daxter stared at the mans face intently before smiling.

It's okay, Prive. I'm fine for the time being. But I'll keep your offer in mind, he said with a smooth voice. And...well...yeah, I think you should contact HQ, just to let them know we're okay. Don't want them worrying lest they got wind of the shots, eh? Daxter laughed heartily at this, slapping Ketran hard on the back. Apparently Daxter thought highly of his jokes.

Stormrider
9 September 2005, 02:42 PM
Ketran offered a snort and fell back behind the others.

Fumbling with the communications gear he sought the signal for Echo base. His voice was clear and cheery as he spoke into the com unit.

Computer Use check (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=147366)


Echo Base this is Delta Platoon reporting in...We're roughly 10 Kilometers from Station 38. Nothing has happened so far. No Imperial spottings.

DentArthurDent
10 September 2005, 11:36 AM
*Oran looked over his shoulder as the rest of his squad caught up to himself and the Wookiee. Spades surged past him a few seconds later, retaking point position. We'll make pretty good time like this, Oran thought to himself. And this should be punishment enough for the earlier insubordination. Oran heard Rayror mumble something about the cold from over his left shoulder, and smiled a bit in spite of himself.*

PsychoInfiltrator
11 September 2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Slowly he turns around and faces south once more and starts off. Part of Day Squad is ahead of him and without thinking or hesitating he starts of in a sprint moving as fast as his Gillie Suit will let him] After four minutes of running hard he pulls past the rest of Day Squad and resumes his job at point, twenty-five meters out from the rest of the squad. On that thought his body slows down to a brisk jog. He glances back at his squad mates and figures he’s going fast enough to maintain the distance between himself and them.
]

Rayror watches the guy in the Gillie suit pass him and take point.
I refuse to be out here in this cold with wholes in my gloves and boots any longer than I have to.
Rayror uses a burst of speed to pass even the 'Gilliesuitguy' and is left wondering what is wrong with himself. I think like a human, I talk like a human, my accent has gone weird, I have no sense of humour...my temper is not my own, I am forgetting Barab 1-I am truly crazy. Rayror slouches somewhat.I need to be in the company of others of my kind-people who think with proper logic, and have a proper sense of humour. I NEED to be around someone who is perfectly sane. I need another Barabel. Rayror's mind shuts itself off from the world and he runs-straight, undeviating, not stopping, not slowing, not seeing, not hearing-not caring. At full speed.

OOC: If a 'brainman' does an analysis later of Rayror, I can provide the results.

Uron Teff
12 September 2005, 07:53 AM
While jogging with his full gear Shorrarr remembers the last assignment of the Deltas on one of the Backwater planets with a names nobody could ever remember. He remebers all the good soldiers who lost their lifes in order to protect an unimposing clearing.

"Get over here!" Someone screams as the first grenades detonate. The shouts of wounded and fallen soldiers are sounding through the steady roaring of blaster fire. He looks down and sees only inches infront of his right foot a seperated limb. But he can't hesitate. He has to keep on moving. He screams at the other soldiers who are still standing. But it seems nobody is hearing his voice. More and more Stormtrooper are heading out of the woods to conquer the narrowly clearing. He knows that his task force cannot stand these huge masses of enemy fores but he also knows that they are the last defense for the fleing troops of their company. He moves behind the next barricade they have build circling the middle of the clearing. Kneeing down he loosens some more shots from his almost overheating heavy repeating blaster.
Suddenly he hears Sergeant Kay'Bain shoting the order to retreat. Knowing that this is the only wise comand he could have given at this point with nearly half the platoon down and the other half running out of ammunition he stands up and moves backward throwing more ionized gas at the Stormtroopers. After only a few shots his heavy repeting blaster overheats and he is forced to turn around and runn at full speed following his comrades into the forst. Blasterbolt howling near his body he sees more soldiers dropping to the ground in front of him. Deeper and deeper they haste into the wood...

Snapping back to reality he only feels the cold wind screaming in his ears where only seconds before he heared the cries of fallen soldiers. Shorrarr shakes his head and speeds up a bit as he notices that he has fallen few yards behind Oran.

As he catches up again to the Sergeant of his squad he asks

[Shorrarr] Rourwoura chewouaro arworuash rouochoaruw?
Sarge, are we going to send out some scouts?

DentArthurDent
12 September 2005, 09:44 AM
*Oran starts a bit when he notices the Wookiee pull up beside him again. Hadn't he been beside him the whole time, though? He shrugs lightly to himself as he keeps running.*


[Shorrarr] Rourwoura chewouaro arworuash rouochoaruw?


Oran: I dont' see why not. Take Kestrel with you and show her some of the ropes. You both could use the practice out here on the ice.

*Oran returns to his thoughts, daydreaming in spite of himself about his parents.*

Mack Jace
12 September 2005, 02:44 PM
[Shorrarr] Rourwoura chewouaro arworuash rouochoaruw?
Oran: I dont' see why not. Take Kestrel with you and show her some of the ropes. You both could use the practice out here on the ice. Hearing this exchange, Ragab hustles up to the Sgt. and says, Sir, would you mind if I went along? I could use something to do, and besides, if they get into trouble, I'd be pretty handy to have along. He keeps pace with the sergeant, awaiting his answer.

PsychoInfiltrator
12 September 2005, 03:01 PM
The speck that is a mindless running Barabel grows smaller...

Stormrider
12 September 2005, 03:47 PM
Damn.. Can't get a signal..... Ketran felt himself beginning to tire slightly. I wonder how much liquor or food it would take to bribe the Sgt. into letting me borrow one of those little heaters.

djas_puhr
12 September 2005, 03:52 PM
Edgar continues to jog as Rayror sprints past him. Well he is in a hurry. Don't blame him though. Continuing his jog endless terrain of snow stretches out before him. Well this could be an interesting spot to practice sniping. Long range, open field of fire. What more could I ask for. Wonder if I could place a 1 MOA grouping out here in the cold. Edgar shakes off the thought and returns back to focusing at the task at hand. It’s his job to be the point man and make sure the rest of the squad is safe. Well I'm not going to let a stray snowball hit one of my squad mates. Chuckling to himself at the dry joke. Well, I think we’re going to get there sooner then expected now.

DentArthurDent
12 September 2005, 11:13 PM
Ragab: Sir, would you mind if I went along? I could use something to do, and besides, if they get into trouble, I'd be pretty handy to have along.

*Oran snaps from his slight reverie at the words of the Mon Calamarian. A transfer? Oran thought to himself. He thought for a quick second about it, and then remembered something about an Alliance Navy transfer. He must be half-frozen like that Barabel. Where was Rayror, anyways? The Mon Cal cleared his throat slightly, bringing Oran back from the lofty realm of thoughts.*

Oran: Oh, right. Yeah, go ahead and catch up with them. I eventually want all of my squad trained in cold-weather scouting, so sending small groups off makes sense. See to it that your prodigious medical skills are wasted on this trip, Corpsman.

Stirroret
13 September 2005, 03:46 AM
Staff Sgt. TOONS walks next to FLASH as they treck through the icey surface and stops for a second to see how the men are doing. He then notices Ketran is messing about with the comm

TOONS: Something wrong with the "feed" Private?

He walks up to him taking a look

OOC: I spot check on the Comm to see if there is a mailfunction of a sorts rolled 1 (bloody hxxx!!!!)... never mind (I see nada)

Stormrider
13 September 2005, 05:03 AM
Must be the cold sir...I can't seem to get a fix on Echo bases signal or either the damned thing is frozen on the inside.

boccelounge
13 September 2005, 02:23 PM
EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO BASE --- SOUTH RANGE -- MID-MORNING


Originally posted by Stormrider
KETRAN: Echo Base this is Delta Platoon reporting in...We're roughly 10 Kilometers from Station 38. Nothing has happened so far. No Imperial spottings.

Originally posted by Stirroret
TOONS: Something wrong with the "feed" Private?

Originally posted by Stormrider
KETRAN: Must be the cold sir...I can't seem to get a fix on Echo bases signal or either the damned thing is frozen on the inside.
KETRAN makes a few more attempts to re-calibrate the comms-pack, and is at last rewarded by a static-filled response; a distorted female voice responds.
FEMALE OPERATOR: ...Base to Echo X-4: transmission acknowledged... Echo Base to Echo X: transmission ack...
--------------------

OOC: "Echo X" the designation for Phoenix Company (your company); "X-4" refers to your platoon (Delta).

--------------------

As KETRAN prepares to respond, a cry goes out from the forward scouting party, jogging ahead of the main body of the platoon. Word is relayed back to the center where FLASH, TOONS, KETRAN, and others stand: Station Alpha has been spotted. The snow and wind start to pick up as the group walks the final kilometer to the station.

Within a few minutes, the platoon stands at the top of a ramp descending into the side of a snowy hill. Roughly 15 m wide, the ramp leads down to a pair of wide hangar doors, currently closed. A control panel sits to the right of the door, at the bottom of the ramp, and one of the lead soldiers soon has the doors open.

A few meters inside are another set of double doors; these open into a large, wide vehicle bay, more than two stories high. Most of the bay is open and empty; back and to the right stand a high row of supply crates; on the opposite wall are two small (one-man) tracked vehicles, with broad snowplows and sturdy roll-cages. On the back wall, opposite the door, are maintenance workbenches and cargo lift. Two metal-frame stairways flank the lift, leading up to a catwalk.

--------------------
<center>
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/boccelounge/01_map_EchoAlpha_01.jpg
</center>
--------------------

OOC: Don't make TOO much of the map; it's just included to help flesh-out the description. :)

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
last post (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18549)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
last post (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18538)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Stormrider
13 September 2005, 02:34 PM
crates; on the opposite wall are two small (one-man) tracked vehicles, with broad snowplows and sturdy roll-cages

Ketrans eyes lit up like a light bulb ......Damn how generous of them to leave us vehicles. I wonder if they need tuning up? Ah LT.Flash and Sgt. Daxter and Toon sirs I recieved contact from Echo base. They are aware of our position.

boccelounge
13 September 2005, 02:44 PM
EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO "ALPHA" STATION


Originally posted by Stormrider
Ketrans eyes lit up like a light bulb ......Damn how generous of them to leave us vehicles. I wonder if they need tuning up? Ah LT.Flash and Sgt. Daxter and Toon sirs I recieved contact from Echo base. They are aware of our position.
FLASH slowly takes in the new surroundings, trying to get his eyes to adjust to indoor lighting after a few hours out in the glaring snow...
FLASH: Uh, yes, very good Private. Inform Echo Base that we've, uh, arrived on station. And then, uh, get the, uh, Chief and see to those vehicles. I guess we'll need to, uh, keep the vehicle entrance clear in case they, uh, manage to get any speeders working.

FLASH: Sergeant Toons, uh, get the men orgainzed, and, uh settled in, then join me in the observation post.
He looks around for a minute...
FLASH: You there, uh, Private Juliaan, you're with me...
The Lieutenant makes his way upstairs and to the control level.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
last post (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18549)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
last post (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18538)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Stormrider
13 September 2005, 02:54 PM
Unlike before the com unit was up and running perfectly. His voice was sharp and clear as he spoke into it. Echo Base. This is Echo X-D we have arrived at station 38. Any more orders for us?

Computer Roll use check. 36. Natural 20+16 skill modifier (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=149688)

Kamon
13 September 2005, 03:33 PM
Heh heh...nice to see we've made it. Couldn't even tell the blasted thing from the snow...lucky we've got some sharp-eyed men with us. So where is everyone?

Daxter looks around, trying to notice any signs of life.

Maybe they're on the upper floors... he thought to himself.

boccelounge
13 September 2005, 03:40 PM
EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO "ALPHA" STATION


Originally posted by Stormrider
Unlike before the com unit was up and running perfectly. His voice was sharp and clear as he spoke into it. Echo Base. This is Echo X-D we have arrived at station 38. Any more orders for us?

Computer Use: 36
KETRAN has managed to finely tune the powerful but delicate comms-transciever-- he gets a prompt and crisply transmitted response.
FEMALE OPERATOR: Echo Base to Echo Alpha, transmission received. Negative on new orders. Echo Command advises you to initiate original orders concerning Alpha Station. Maintain hourly updates with Echo Base. Echo Base out.


Originally posted by Kamon
Heh heh...nice to see we've made it. Couldn't even tell the blasted thing from the snow...lucky we've got some sharp-eyed men with us. So where is everyone?
Private LAN Origo-TON, a shy and soft-spoken trooper in NOMAK's squad, looks around in wide-eyed wonder, and replies:
LAN: Yeah, sarge... sure is quiet here. At least we got real walls, though, and don't haveta be sleeping in them ice caves no more...
--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
last post (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18549)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
last post (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18538)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Stormrider
13 September 2005, 04:44 PM
Yes Ma'm His voice was cheery. Echo base knows we've arrived at station 38 Sirs. speaking to the officers. Now I think its time I had look at those vehicals. A smile of glee spread across his baby like face. trotting over to the snow plows Ketran began poking and prodding and fixing any minor dents or system faults. ((I've got a tool kit))

Repair roll. 28 16+12=28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=149722)

boccelounge
13 September 2005, 05:25 PM
INTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO "ALPHA" STATION -- VEHICLE BAY


Originally posted by Stormrider
Ketran began poking and prodding and fixing any minor dents or system faults.

Repair check: 28

KETRAN surveys the small vehicles. They're simple single-seater cargo loaders, with an open cockpit covered by heavy roll-cages. It's obvious some work has been started by Alliance techs to adapt the lifters for use on Hoth. The stubby wheels have been replaced by tracks, and the front lifter has been replaced with a snow-plow. A heavy tow cable and winch has been added to the rear of each vehicle.

Removing the engine panels, he finds that more work has been done on the mechanics to allow them to function in the harsh climate. With his considerable Repair knowledge, he soon determines that the engine adaptations were left incomplete, and more work will be needed before they'll run.

The Vehicle Bay contains a modestly-equipped workbench, and sufficient tools to service most ground vehicle and land-/air-speeders. KETRAN also discovers a few datapads that document vehicle maintenance and modification procedures for the station-- including detailed notes on the plow adaptations.

--------------------

OOC: The tools and data grant you a +4 circumstance bonus to Repair or Craft (wheeled and tracked vehicles) checks made to repair/modify the plows.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
LAST POST (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18549)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
LAST POST (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18538)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Stormrider
13 September 2005, 05:44 PM
Ah crap. I have to finish modifying these things. Seems that the engineers didn't fully adapt the engines. DAMNET. Getting these things to work will be a pain in ass. Ketran was swearing and hurling obscenities like a slime sea sailor.

DentArthurDent
13 September 2005, 09:31 PM
*Oran surveys the vehicle bay, noting with keen interest everything the bay contains. He notices Private Volos from Alpha Squad fiddling with the two tracked plow vehicles, mumbling to himself, followed by a loud "Damnet!" Oran looks around and quickly spots two likely candidates for a repair job.*

Oran: *shouting across the echoing chamber* Roobis! Shorarr! See if you can lend a hand to Private Volos to help speed along those repairs.

*Oran then turns and looks for Spades and Tav. Finding them poking around the boxes near the hanger bay's wall, he calls them over.*

Oran: McGregor, Tav, you're with me. Let's see if we can find anything in the base. *Shouting over his shoulder* The rest of you put yourselves at the disposal of the Lieutenant.

*He begins to walk purposefully toward the stairs leading to the next floor when another thought hits him. He turns and calls to the Barabel, who had reached the base before any of the rest of the squad and had immediately camped near one of the heating ducts.*

Oran: Corporal Rayror, go find the mess hall. We just got done with one hell of a hike and I'll bet the men, and woman of course, are hungry.

*Kay'Bain turns and begins climbing the stairway, an odd grin on his face. They're gonna have to get used to it sooner or later, he thinks to himself.*

Stirroret
14 September 2005, 01:47 AM
TOONS enters the base right behind FLASH.


FLASH: Sergeant Toons, uh, get the men orgainzed, and, uh settled in, then join me in the observation post.

TOONS: Yes sir... (shouts) YUG, IRIGO-TON - sentry duty, securing the base to the north-east! KESTREL, WHAT'S-YOUR-NAME (OOC: riffleman) you are sentry duty to the north-west!

that should settle the outside sentries until the sensors are online

TOONS: LANCE CORPORAL LAFOTO - I want you to take AJ and HARSHI to patrol and secure the outside perimeter. Take ROOBIS and set up and series of motion sensors. NOW MAKE IT HAPPEN!

that should settle the defensive perimeter until further notice

TOONS joins FLASH in the observation post.

TOONS: (salutes) Reporting... the men are securring the facility as we speak. I have dispatched a patrol to set up the standard-protocol sensory grid and set up sentry posts to guard the base to the rear...

djas_puhr
14 September 2005, 07:57 AM
Oran: McGregor, Tav, you're with me. Let's see if we can find anything in the base. *Shouting over his shoulder* The rest of you put yourselves at the disposal of the Lieutenant.

So, Serge, what are we lookin’ for, the abominable snowman?

Edgar says smugly. There isn’t any life on this ice bucket and the only life here is US! Edgar moves away from the cargo boxes he was looking at. Well at least we’re out of the cold for now.

boccelounge
14 September 2005, 10:45 AM
INTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO "ALPHA" STATION -- VEHICLE BAY


Originally posted by Stirroret
TOONS: YUG, IRIGO-TON - sentry duty, securing the base to the north-east! KESTREL, WHAT'S-YOUR-NAME (OOC: riffleman) you are sentry duty to the north-west!
The four troopers hustle off to comply. Sergeant TOONS notices that YUG even refrains from complaining about being sent back into the cold. KESTREL says farewell to SHORRARR.
KESTREL: Well, I'm headed out, Fuzzball. You make sure RAY messes up and cooks something edible this, time, OK?
TOONS catches up to Sergeant ORAN on the stairs, and they both ascend a few levels.


Originally posted by Stirroret
TOONS: (salutes) Reporting... the men are securring the facility as we speak. I have dispatched a patrol to set up the standard-protocol sensory grid and set up sentry posts to guard the base to the rear...
Lieutenant FLASH hasn't made it to the observation level yet; he's one level lower in the control room, bent over a computer console which lists sensor readings for the last few hours.
FLASH: Uh, yes, very good, uh, Sergeant. Come take a look at this... the good news is the, uh, techs have more sensors in place than I expected-- which, uh, means less work for us. But there's, uh, some anomalous readings... the, uh, ground sensors have logs for, uh, possible movement in Sector 43.
He consults a nearby glass panel, which has a local topography map projected on it.
FLASH: Sector 4-3... that's, uh, pretty far away. We'll have to, uh, wait 'til morning to send a patrol. Have, uh, the comms-man include it in his, uh, standard report.
FLASH looks up from the console, and glances aound the control room.
FLASH: Oh, uh, I still need Private, uh, Juliaan up here... he's supposed to, uh, analyze and, uh, calibrate the sensor feeds... Well, I'm going to rest a bit; I advise you men to do the same. Set up, uh, standard four-man shifts and, uh, make sure they off-duty troops get to their, uh, bunks.
FLASH look for a moment likes he's trying to think of more to say, then gives up. He climbs a narrow steel ladder up to the observation level.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
LAST POST (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18549)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
LAST POST (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18538)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

Stormrider
14 September 2005, 11:43 AM
"By the force I hate engines" "Grumbling Ketran slid the engine hatch open and yanked out his tool kit and started consulting the schematics he found. ...............At least they left these intact. and are extensive. mmmm might not be so bad. Ketran set to work on the engines adapting and tinkering with them.

((God help the mechanics that worked on these engines if Ketran ever meets them ))

Repair roll. 18. Rolled 2+16=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=150092)

EZE1138
14 September 2005, 01:39 PM
Oran: McGregor, Tav, you're with me. Let's see if we can find anything in the base. *Shouting over his shoulder* The rest of you put yourselves at the disposal of the Lieutenant.



MacGregor: So, Serge, what are we lookin’ for, the abominable snowman?


Tav looks up to see his seargent calling for him and the human MacGregor. He pulls up his rifle and jogs over smartly to get in behind the men. As he heads up the stairs, he says

Having seen an Indomitable Snowwren in the hills of Tlaxa IV with my old unit, I find that a horrible thought. Let us hope it is merely a giant, fowl smelling, snow-addled monster.

He pricks up his ears for anything unusual and his nose hairs quiver as he takes in the air and sounds of the building and follows the men up the stairs.

______________________________
OOC: Listen roll 14+9=23
Sniff (which if I recall, bocce, you used "Spot" for at some time in the past)= roll 9+10=19

______________________________

DentArthurDent
14 September 2005, 02:09 PM
So, Serge, what are we lookin’ for, the abominable snowman?

*Oran grins a bit at that, and grins even more when Tav mentions the Indomitable Snowwren a moment later. Oran had, in fact, seen both of these creatures before, though only in holopics, thankfully. Neither of them seemed friendly enough to joke about, especially not on an icy planet like Hoth.*

Oran: Now, now. This post had been abandoned up 'til now, for however short a time. Who knows what foul fowl or rodents might be hiding in my soon-to-be-occupied bunk? Remember, guys, it never ever hurts to be cautious when it comes to your officer's bunks.

*A full-fledged smile crosses Oran's face as he leads them up the stairs. Toons and FLASH break off from the group and head to the control room. Meanwhile, the trio comes upon the barracks area.*

Oran: You two finish the sweep of the lower levels and then head up to the observation deck to see what you can see, then report to the Lieutenant. I'll stay here and make a quick sweep of the bunks. Can never be too careful you know.

*With that, Oran ducks into the barracks, the door sliding closed behind him. He goes to the opposite wall and starts up the thermal unit, the room quickly losing the frostiness it had acquired. Within minutes, the Sergeant is contentedly napping.*


------------------------------------
Edit: Nap check: Roll 20 + Bonus 13 = SUCCESS!!!!
------------------------------------

Kamon
14 September 2005, 02:54 PM
Daxter strode over to the large storage boxes, eyeing the metal boxes. They seemed pretty sturdy.

Maybe there's some good supplies in here..., he thought. Maybe something that might be useful...or worth something... Daxter smiled wryly, and looked over the crates for any ways to open them.
__________________________________________
OOC: Spot Check (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=150225)

PsychoInfiltrator
14 September 2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by DentArthurDent

*He begins to walk purposefully toward the stairs leading to the next floor when another thought hits him. He turns and calls to the Barabel, who had reached the base before any of the rest of the squad and had immediately camped near one of the heating ducts.*

Oran: Corporal Rayror, go find the mess hall. We just got done with one hell of a hike and I'll bet the men, and woman of course, are hungry.

*Kay'Bain turns and begins climbing the stairway, an odd grin on his face

Rayror looks up as his name is called. His thin gloves and hole-ly boots taken off, Rayror gets up. He flexes his toes, ignoring the cold for now.
He finds the mess hall, and a giant collection of spices, sauces, and the like. He also found three large (2-foot long) rat-like white furred vermin. He severed their heads with his ax, on non-vibro, and pulled out a pot and put it over a heating element, determined to creat a whole new recipe.
"SSSSSSSIIIISSSSSSS!!!!" he cries with happiness.

(Entertain, CFW: roll: 1(wow!)+4=5. Bocce, will you let me do the honors?:D )
Rayor records his recipe.

3 skinned, beheaded, blood-drained Hoth Headbreak-Icyrats(Rayror's name.). (Rayror drains the blood into a bowl)
2 cloves Alderaanian garlic. (Rayror unceremoniously drops them in, then eyes the skins, whcih he takes to Shorrarr's position and requests in Basic if he could skin them.)
Three pinches Sub-salt.
One bottle Tatoonian Siuper Sauce.
One vial, rangie blood. (Animal from Barab 1, as described in Joiner King)
Rayror drinks another vial, sissing happily.
Two pinches Ryloth Sun-heat powder.
Handful Sullastian assorted spices.
One pinch pungent ground Klelep leaf. (fictional plant from Kashyyk)
Three ounces Whipped Nerf Butter.
Three pinches of Min Calimari assorted seaweed flavoring.

After an hour or so, Rayror paraded out, three rat corpses steaming, smelling great, and covered in an orange/red topping, sissing like a madman.
"Tastes like happinesz on a platter. I never knew that cooked food could taste not bad." There is a smile on Rayor's face, and the standard Barabel accent is there, as opposed to his normal one. He knows he did something good.

Stormrider
14 September 2005, 04:34 PM
Ketran drifted over towards Raynor. Tantalized by the smell of the food. Rayror my friend...You've done it again" Licking his lips Ketran eyed the food hungrily. Ah thats right! I brought the brandy! Shifting through his pack. Ketran hauled out a huge and full bottle of Corellian brandy. The bottle probably filched from the kitchen and the booze from the messhall. Liquor anyone?

coldskier0320
14 September 2005, 05:22 PM
After an hour or so, Rayror paraded out, three rat corpses steaming, smelling great, and covered in an orange/red topping, sissing like a madman.

Smelling the barabel's concoction, Orr smiles and asks, "Ray, my friend, what is that fine aroma wafting from your direction? Smells positively great."

As Rayror enters however, Orr's look turns suspicious, "Uh, Ray? What exactly are those things? Or should I say were? They look like...eh...nevermind, I 'spose I've eaten worse." Though he's a bit apprehensie, Orr doesn't seem intimidated by the odd looking roasts.


Liquor anyone?

"Not for me, friend", Orr answers, "I've got this here caf-brewer whatsis. Anyone in the mood for some caf is more than welcom to a cup or three, plenty for everyone, there is. Yes sir..."

Orr hums a nondescript tune as he goes about fixing himself up with a steamy cup and a small plate.

DentArthurDent
14 September 2005, 05:24 PM
*The tantalizing smells of cooking food wafts through the vents and across Oran's nose as he naps in "his" new bunk. He immediately jerks awake and half walks, half stumbles tiredly into the mess hall, just as Rayror unveils his newest creation. Oran inhales the aroma greedily, then gets into line for the delicious looking food.*


Liquor anyone?

Oran: Excellent idea, Ketran! Fill me up a glass or....... *looks around, not really seeing anything to drink out of* Hmmmm..... well, I'll find something just as soon as I get some chow, so don't let that stuff out of your sight.

*Rayror scoops some of his new recipe out onto a plate and hands it to Oran. He goes and sits at one of the tables and hungrily devours it all in less than two minutes. Oran leans back and pats his now-full stomach.*

Oran: Corporal, that was fantastic! Remember that recipe.

*Forgetting that he needed a drink, Oran went on a quest to find cups or something of the like. Finding the cabinet that they were stored in, Oran hauled out enough for the whole group, grabbed one for himself, and then walked back over to Ketran.*

Oran: I think it's just about time for that drink, eh Ketran?

Stormrider
14 September 2005, 05:42 PM
Of course Sarge. The smell of the brandy would woft through the base as Ketran opened the huge bottle. Within seconds Orans cup was brimming with the amber colored liquor. I've got enough here for everyone. So if you want some come and get it!

djas_puhr
14 September 2005, 07:05 PM
Tav: Having seen an Indomitable Snowwren in the hills of Tlaxa IV with my old unit, I find that a horrible thought. Let us hope it is merely a giant, fowl smelling, snow-addled monster.

Edgar ponders the creature mentioned and then recognizes it. Yeah, hope none of them are here. Even the abominable snowman myth is creepy for me.


Oran: Now, now. This post had been abandoned up 'til now, for however short a time. Who knows what foul fowl or rodents might be hiding in my soon-to-be-occupied bunk? Remember, guys, it never ever hurts to be cautious when it comes to your officer's bunks.

Edgar nods in silent agreement and begins to carefully clear the lower bunk room and gets ready to hope into a fresh bunk when Oran speaks again.


Oran: You two finish the sweep of the lower levels and then head up to the observation deck to see what you can see, then report to the Lieutenant. I'll stay here and make a quick sweep of the bunks. Can never be too careful you know.

Right Serge, you’re going to take a combat nap and I’ve got goat duty. AGAIN! Oh well might as well finish up. He starts up the stairwell heading to the observation deck and shoulders his rifle. Don‘t think I can shoot through all this transparent steel, so might as well shoulder my rifle. Edgar pulls out his ‘binocs and begins scanning the horizon. Edgar begins to scan (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=150298) at bearing 001 and scans slowly to bearing 090. Traversing between bearing 001 and 090 takes three minutes. After reaching 090 Edgar turns slowly to face 090 and continues his scanning to bearing 180. Again it takes him three minutes to traverse the 90 degree distance. Pausing to reorient himself to face due south he continues to bearing 270; again taking three minutes. He repositions himself once more and finishes up at bearing 360 and turns to face the El-Tee.

LT Flash. Preliminary visual scanning complete. No OPFOR in visual range. Awaiting orders.

Well this is going to be fun. Hope the LT is in a good mood and lets me get some caf or a something to eat. I could really use some caf right about now.

EZE1138
14 September 2005, 08:39 PM
Oran: You two finish the sweep of the lower levels and then head up to the observation deck to see what you can see, then report to the Lieutenant. I'll stay here and make a quick sweep of the bunks. Can never be too careful you know.

Tav watches as Oran scouts out a bunk. Like the night before, he smells cooking and alcohol and begins to wonder if he hasn't ended up in one of the old work details he had been involved with back in his days at Bethany Bay prison. Though they had slightly more discipline there.

He shakes his head, mutters to himself and scopes out the rest of the downstairs before heading up to the observation deck. He sees the LT, shifting his weight around a lot.

Sir, reporting as ordered, sir. The men are...seeing to their meals. The building has been searched per Sgt. Oran's orders. Is there anything I can do, sir?

Tav stands at a rough approximate at attention, eyes darting about the room as he waits for orders.

_____________________________
OOC Some more spot/smell rolls:

Spot (smell): roll 11+10=21
Listen: roll 13+9=22

Obviously, if anything is found belay the above conversation :-)

Korwin Blade
14 September 2005, 09:15 PM
The Chief finally get in to the Echo Alpha base. And hears the Private swearing, while inspectiong the makeshift snow plows. The Chief dumps his gear near the snow plows and says

"Hey Private Ketran Volos? My name is Chief Bryan O'Myles, and this is my sidekick 2QL. Maybe 2QL and I can help you out with these "snow plows", as we did help out with the conversion of the so called "Snow" Speeders at Echo Base."

The Chief reaches out his hand to shake Ketran's if it is offered. If he salutes him he will say

"None of that. As I am not in the Army and you aren't in the Navy I say we are equals. So lets just keep it simple. Now what do you say we get started?"

boccelounge
14 September 2005, 09:51 PM
INTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO "ALPHA" STATION -- VEHICLE BAY


Originally posted by Kamon
Daxter... looked over the crates for any ways to open them.
DAXTER finds they are standard light-bulk shipping crates: reinforced plasti-steel containers, about 1m by 2m by 1m high. They open easily, and he finds that one stack contains various supplies for the station's inhabitants: spare uniforms, power-packs, bedding, spare parts, close to a metric ton of ration bars, etc.

There's also an entire case (48) of fragmentation grenades.

The other stack is filled entirely with sensor units. The Alliance uses a combination of three different ground sensors: a focused uni-directional sensor, good for pinpointing targets; an omni-directional globe that sweeps a broad area; and a new type, the "omni-probe," a contour-hugging design that scans for ground-level objects the other two miss. There are roughly a dozen of each type, along with their connected transceiver units, all waiting to be assembled, calibrated, tested, and installed by Phoenix Company.

--------------------

OOC: We have at least a couple "Star Wars Trivia Quiz" (or whatever it's called) people here... bonus XP to anyone who can name the sensor types mentioned (make/model). ;)

--------------------

INTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO "ALPHA" STATION -- OBSERVATION DECK


Originally posted by djas_puhr
Edgar... starts up the stairwell heading to the observation deck and shoulders his rifle. Don‘t think I can shoot through all this transparent steel, so might as well shoulder my rifle. Edgar pulls out his ‘binocs and begins scanning the horizon.

LT Flash, Spades. Preliminary visual scanning complete. No OPFOR in visual range. Awaiting orders, over.
EDGAR sees nothing in any direction but the blowing snow, and the occasional glimpse of one of his platoon-mates on perimeter patrol. Quick comlink checks confirm their identities and positions. All is quiet, but a storm seems to be brewing above the distant southern mountains. It's early afternoon, but already the bright sunny morning has darkened under high, heavy clouds.

The Lieutenant sits quietly in the observation deck as Edgar makes his scan. His coat is unbuttoned, but he's still in full cold-weather gear; sweat dampens his brow and trickles from his blonde hair. FLASH doesn't seem to notice; he's intently reading something on a datapad, only looking up when EDGAR speaks.
FLASH: Uh, yes, uh, very good, uh, MacGregor. Uh, carry on.
He starts to go back to studying the datapad, but stops, and addresses EDGAR again.
FLASH: Tell me, uh, Private.. uh, that is, uh, Edgar. You've, uh, been with the platoon for a while now, right? What, uh, can I expect from these men? That is, uh, in real combat? And, uh, what do you think of the, uh, "new" personnel? I, uh, ask you to speak, uh, freely... man-to-man.
--------------------

OOC: djas, if it's useful, I believe the latest "old-timer/newbie" list (courtesy of the inimitable Mr. Teff) is HERE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231923#post231923).

--------------------


Originally posted by EZE1138
Tav... scopes out the rest of the downstairs before heading up to the observation deck. He sees the LT, shifting his weight around a lot.

"Sir, reporting as ordered, sir. The men are...seeing to their meals. The building has been searched per Sgt. Oran's orders. Is there anything I can do, sir?"
Finding nothing out of the ordinary (sorry, but the lingering smell of unwashed human soldiers IS considered "normal" around here), TAV heads up to the Lieutenant's position in the observation level.
FLASH: Ah, yes, uh, Private, uh, Ruk'bun. You should, uh, take up position below in the, uh, sensor control room. I mean, uh, assuming that you, uh, have training in, uh computer intel, uh, I mean, I just, uh, assumed that all of you guys, uh...
FLASH trails off, adding only:
FLASH: Uh, dismissed. Get some, uh, food, and, uh, report as, uh, assigned...
--------------------


Originally posted by Korwin Blade
The Chief finally get in to the Echo Alpha base. And hears the Private swearing, while inspectiong the makeshift snow plows. The Chief dumps his gear near the snow plows and says

"Hey Private Ketran Volos? My name is Chief Bryan O'Myles, and this is my sidekick 2QL. Maybe 2QL and I can help you out with these "snow plows", as we did help out with the conversion of the so called "Snow" Speeders at Echo Base."
The astromech droid R2-QL chirps noisily at mention of its name, and awkwardly manages to shed the ski-like tread-extensions it wore during the hike to Alpha Station. The stubby little droid then rolls over to the maintenance workbench, and examines the tools and data available, whistling and chirping to itself the whole time. After a moment, a small hatch opens on the droid's side, and a surprisingly large quantity of half-melted snow is deposited on the bay floor.

KETRAN, Chief O'MYLES and the droid sonn have one of the lifters' engines stripped down, and are engaged in modifying and rebuilding it for use in the frigid air of Hoth.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
LAST POST (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18549)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
LAST POST (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18538)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

EZE1138
15 September 2005, 04:00 AM
FLASH: Ah, yes, uh, Private, uh, Ruk'bun. You should, uh, take up position below in the, uh, sensor control room. I mean, uh, assuming that you, uh, have training in, uh computer intel, uh, I mean, I just, uh, assumed that all of you guys, uh...

Tav looks at the Lt. a moment as he stammers out the orders. His jaw is slightly open in astonishment. He silently prayed to the spirit of the Indomitable Snowwren that we didn't face combat under this stooge. He'd be so flumoxed he might have a hard time ordering the men to return fire. Then there is the sergent who shoots at things that aren't there... this unit is cracking up. Snow-madness. He'd seen it on Squorlon Beta and he was seeing it again.

Sure, El-Tee. I...know about sensors and stuff. You just...take it easy.

Tav nods reassuringly, slowly, as if to a confused pup on his homeworld.


FLASH: Uh, dismissed. Get some, uh, food, and, uh, report as, uh, assigned...

Right you are, sir. And I am assuming you have implemented Order 42.3, right? I mean, this is a SNOW planet and all...

Tav turns on his heel and heads back downstairs. He heads to where piles of sensor equipment has been strewn about, newly unpacked and still with packing material sticking to the sides. Then he eyes a box of grenades sitting there with the lid still leaning against the side like a recently opened Life-Day present. He sees Sgt. Daxter poking through the newly opened materials.

Hey, sarge. The El-Tee asked me to remind you to begin assembly of these sensor pieces as soon as possible and use whatever men in your 'toon to do it.

With that duty squarely passed on, Tav reaches into the crate and takes four grenades out and hitches them to his combat vest and heads to find his own sergent. Oran has the right idea. Catch some shut-eye while we still can. He pulls out a ration bar and begins gnawing on it.

djas_puhr
15 September 2005, 07:57 AM
Edgar takes the time to get out of his Gillie suit and folds it over a chair near the desk were his rifle is resting upon. Edgar relaxes the uniform to let it breath and cool him off a bit. The room temperature is nice and warm compared to the exterior and so Edgar removes his heave coat.


FLASH: Tell me, uh, Private. Uh, that is, uh, Edgar. You've, uh, been with the platoon for a while now, right? What, uh, can I expect from these men? That is, uh, in real combat? And, uh, what do you think of the, uh, "new" personnel? I, uh, ask you to speak, uh, freely... man-to-man.

Edgar looks over at the El-Tee and smiles to himself. Well I knew this was going to happen soon. Edgar clears his throat and faces the El-Tee as he rests against the windows of the observation deck. He quickly hollers down the ladder well for a pot of caf to drink while he’s on watch.

Well sir, I can tell you without any hesitation that Dax, Oran, Rayror, “Sep”, Jas, Shorrarr and Ketran won’t let you down at all. I’ve fought with them and bleed with ‘em. They’ve got your back when bantha poo-do hits the antigrav field.

Dax is our hand-to-hand instructor. If ya think you’re good at hand-to-hand he’s better. He’s our expert and so far to my knowledge NO ONE has put the man down on the mat. Though I think Rayror might give Dax a run for his money. Either way if ya want to learn anything about hand-to-hand combat Dax is the one to talk to.

Sergeant Oran is a walking 3PO unit. Guy is a natural linguist; he can speak nine or more languages. Great guy to have as an Intel type; knows his stuff. Can really get into the minds of the opposition and figure what they are thinking. Ya know, spook stuff.

Rayror, well what needs more to be said then he’s our cook. Knows how to cook but some times it doesn’t taste right to me. Kind of a scary guy at first but a really nice guy once you get to know him.

Edgar pauses and reaches for the pot of caf that finally makes it to him and pours himself a drink He motions to the El-Tee asking if he would like a cup of caf,

(OOC: If the El-Tee accepts then I pour him a cup and hand it to him.)

“Sep” is the type of guy that looks after his own men. Once you get back from a routine patrol some how he seems to get a nice down pillows for us. As for his job, I think he uses too much explosives and plays around with primacord more often then he should. All in all the man can destroy just about anything you need destroyed with any variety of explosives.

Jas, well Jas is special. We both are from the Corellia sector. He’s from Talus; I’m from Corellia. He’s saved my life before we joined the Alliance. He joined after the events at Alderaan and I can’t say I blame him either. We both went through pathfinder school and I have to admit he’s the better scout then me. Not by much, but I have to give him credit. Though I can out shoot the guy ten to one any day of the week. I’m more of a sniper then a scout.

Shorrarr is a maniac on the heavy weaponry; I’ve lost count of the number of stormies he’s killed. Got a lot of anger towards the Imps and I don’t blame him either. If I remember right they took his son and sold him into slavery. I don’t try and pry into his personal life. Wookiee’s can be funny about there private lives. Love their home world though. Real beautiful and very green especially were I was staying for about six months before I got stationed on Yavin. Oh yeah, they have great parties and TONS food; though stay away from the Wookiee liquor. It will lay you out flat.

Ketran, well he’s one crazy driver. Scares me real bad when he’s behind the wheel. Though I know I’m going to be safe because the kids a natural driver / pilot. He’s a ‘Jack-of-all-traits & master to none’ type of person. He can hotwire just about anything and pilot anything he can get his hands on too.

Again Edgar pauses and reaches for his cup of caf and finishes the drink.

As for the newbies, can’t say much on them except for what I’ve seen. Though Ragab looks like he can hold his own, being a Corpsman and all. Also the Chief that we picked up, he’s an old salt as you can find. Looks like he can fix just about anything as well.

Edgar looks over at the El-Tee and makes a mental note about him. I wonder if he’s actually been in combat. Looks sort of young to be an El-Tee, but then again I should be more then a PFC. Oh well, I like my job and I’m good at it only reason to go up is to have a shot at command but that isn’t me.

boccelounge
15 September 2005, 09:42 AM
INTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO "ALPHA" STATION -- OBSERVATION DECK


Originally posted by EZE1138
Tav: Sure, El-Tee. I...know about sensors and stuff. You just... take it easy... And I am assuming you have implemented Order 42.3, right? I mean, this is a SNOW planet and all...
FLASH takes this in quizzically, and asks:
FLASH: Uh, "42.3?" That's, uh... what's that? Well, I uh, suggest you, uh, speak to Sergeant Toons... he, uh... dismissed.
The last word is spoken after TAV has already disappeared down the ladder to the control room.



Originally posted by djas_puhr
Edgar looks over at the El-Tee and smiles to himself... He quickly hollers down the ladder well for a pot of caf to drink while he’s on watch.

"Well sir, I can tell you without any hesitation that Dax, Oran, Rayror, 'Sep', Jas, Shorrarr and Ketran won’t let you down at all. I’ve fought with them and bleed with ‘em. They’ve got your back when bantha poo-do hits the antigrav field... "

Edgar pauses and reaches for the pot of caf that finally makes it to him and pours himself a drink He motions to the El-Tee asking if he would like a cup of caf...
Accepting the caf, Lieutenant Samson considers EDGAR's evaluation for a moment.
FLASH: Yes, of course, that's uh, very good. I was, uh, briefed on the, uh, unit history... and I, uh, know what it means to, uh, be given a platoon in the, uh, Big Blue One...

FLASH: But there are, uh, so many new troopers... this, uh, "Hoth vacation" isn't going to, uh, last forever. Soon enough we're going to be, uh, put back into the fight. I'm gooing to need you and, uh, the old-timers, uh, behind me if we're going to get the men, uh, in shape...
FLASH trails off for a moment, sipping his caf and looking absent-mindedly at the growing storm outside.

--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
LAST POST (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18549)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
LAST POST (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18538)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)

DentArthurDent
15 September 2005, 10:37 AM
*Oran finishes his liqour and the last bits of his meal and stands up to stretch.*

Oran: Thanks for the booze, Ketran. As always, it was top-notch, and as always, I'll not ask how you aqcuired it. Just keep up the good work.

*The Sergeant then turns and walks out of the mess hall and makes his way over to the main control room, where he does a quick sweep of all the instrument readouts. He notices a couple dead spots and makes a mental note of their positions. He thought he heard some of the men in the mess hall grumbling about still needing to set up some of the sensors that they found in the boxes, so he puts his cold-weather gear back on and trudges downstairs to the hanger bay. Catching sight of some small spheroids in the second, smaller box, Oran investigates and finds a nearly full box of grenades.*

Oran: Ooooooh, pretty.

*He smiles to himself as he grabs a couple of them and attaches them to the rest of his gear. He then radios ahead to his men on the outside, double-checking which sensors they still need to place and where. He grabs a couple of the appropriate kind and sets out, roughly in the direction of the "blind spots" he had seen on the readouts.*

Oran: Sergeant Kay'Bain to Alpha, I'm heading out to help with the sensor placement. Make sure to have some caf warmed for us all when we get back, over.

coldskier0320
15 September 2005, 11:11 AM
After lunch, Orr heads back down to the hangar bay, his jumpsuit keeping him at a comfortable temperature. Seeing the crate of grenades, the older man's eyes positively sparkle, and with a smile, he heads over and begins rummaging through the crate, in search of and grenades that have the weak magnetic grapple already built in. In the past, he'd run grenades through magnetizers that could be found in any machine shop to give them the quality, but the ones that came with the grapple tended to work better, as the charge was shaped for maximum efficiency against whatever they were placed on. After he finds any such grenades, he hears someone groan aloud near another box. Stepping over to it, he sees a host of disassembled sensor beacons. And while Sep wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea of trudging out into the snow again setting the things up, he realized that some ofthe unit were already out there, and his suit probably would keep his warmer than most of the others.

"I'll go", he announces to Dax (is he down here?), "I'll need a group of maybe four to six guys, and well have 'em up and running in nothing flat. That is, if they've been modded to work out in the cold."

Stormrider
15 September 2005, 11:18 AM
I suppose you'll need a tech person to set them up and modify them? Ketran called out hopefully as he hauled himself out from under the last of the snowplows.

Anything to get away from those damned engines. So I volunteer. Ketran offered a weak grin as he wiped off the grease from his arms and hands.

((yes It's offical. Ketran loathes working on engines))

djas_puhr
15 September 2005, 12:16 PM
Oran: Sergeant Kay'Bain to Alpha, I'm heading out to help with the sensor placement. Make sure to have some caf warmed for us all when we get back, over.

Edgar hears the com chatter and looks down to the sensor deck an waits a few seconds to see if they will respond. After a few minutes and no response Edgar opens his com channel and talks into it.

Sergeant Kay’Bain, Echo Station Alpha, 'Spades' here. Copy your last transmission; we have you marked in route to place sensors. A pot of hot caf will be waiting for you upon your arrival. What’s your ETA so I can have it fresh for you? Over.

Kamon
15 September 2005, 02:59 PM
He finds that one stack contains various supplies for the station's inhabitants: spare uniforms, power-packs, bedding, spare parts, close to a metric ton of ration bars, etc.

There's also an entire case (48) of fragmentation grenades.

The other stack is filled entirely with sensor units.


Daxter smiled to himself as he looked amongst the supplies. Daxter counts up the power packs(I'll just assume 25-30? Unless you want more or less, bocce). He also eyes the ration bars, and notices the large number. Those can be handed out freely, he thinks. He counts the grenades. 48 amongst 18 men...thats about 2 each...and some extras to the demoltions experts and Serges and corporals.


Hey, sarge. The El-Tee asked me to remind you to begin assembly of these sensor pieces as soon as possible and use whatever men in your 'toon to do it.
With that duty squarely passed on, Tav reaches into the crate and takes four grenades out and hitches them to his combat vest and heads to find his own sergent. Oran has the right idea. Catch some shut-eye while we still can. He pulls out a ration bar and begins gnawing on it.


Throw those back down, Tav. They'll be split out evenly amongst the men. You'll have to wait patiently, ya greedy lil hound, Dax says with a grin on his face as he swats the grenades out of Tavs hands.


Oran: Ooooooh, pretty.

Serge...You can take three. We'll just start out with you first. Actually, just take half the grenades and split em up in your squad. Dax hands one crate of 24 grenades over to the Sergeant.


"I'll go", he announces to Dax (is he down here?), "I'll need a group of maybe four to six guys, and well have 'em up and running in nothing flat. That is, if they've been modded to work out in the cold."

I suppose you'll need a tech person to set them up and modify them? Ketran called out hopefully as he hauled himself out from under the last of the snowplows.

Alright, you two go set these things up. He says, eyeing the men. Take anyone you need with you to help you. Maybe the freshbloods...give 'em some hard work... don't want 'em laying around, getting as fat as a Hutt on us, would we? Daxter laughed heartily at his joke. With a big grin on his face, he starts splitting up the grenades for his squad.

coldskier0320
15 September 2005, 07:24 PM
Alright, you two go set these things up. He says, eyeing the men. Take anyone you need with you to help you. Maybe the freshbloods...give 'em some hard work... don't want 'em laying around, getting as fat as a Hutt on us, would we? Daxter laughed heartily at his joke. With a big grin on his face, he carries starts splitting up the grenades for his squad.

"Aight boss", Sep answers, then, turning to Ketran, "Thanks for volunteering. Haarshi, Juliaan, thanks be to you as well for volunteering. Awww, come on, we can ake all the repairs right here, even upstairs in the warm, then just be outside long enough to dig a hole, and put them in. I'd say about an hour of ice time, tops. Okay? Good. Now let's get these things upstairs..."

With a grunt, Orr hefts one of the containers of sensor components, then, as he turn toward the stairs, calls over his shoulder to the other three with an impish grin, "You ladies share crates. Wouldn't want you to break a nail.":P

Uron Teff
16 September 2005, 07:13 AM
*Shorrarr already repairing the modified ground vehicles has put down his heavy repeating blaster and his energy generating backpack to the ground next to the vehicle he is working on.*

With his head bended down deep towards the engine block he loosens some bolts and screws here and there. Screwing down other bolts he thinks Just one more adjustment and this engine block is set up for a free trial.

Raising from the engine compartment he hears Oran speaking. What did he say about guarding this complex?

He lifts his energy generator from the ground and puts it back on his back. Then he graps his heavy repeating blaster and starts moving towards Sergeant Kay'Bain.

[Shorrarr] Oran!... Shroaurwar Kay'Bain! Wroaurouwr arowurdow roaurow ruaouro?
Oran! ...Sergeant Kay'Bain! May I have a word with you?

He shouts while walking across the hall.

As he reaches Oran he adds.

[Shorrarr] Rouauorowwur aroaru shorrwrouao waruworu? Araoruwur shroaucheowur raruworwoush arouwour?
What about the sentry? Who has the first few hours?

----------------------
Repair check: 19[roll] + 9 = 28
(OOC: The first roll after days of hard work and then its a 19!!!8o)

DentArthurDent
16 September 2005, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Uron Teff [Shorrarr] Rouauorowwur aroaru shorrwrouao waruworu? Araoruwur shroaucheowur raruworwoush arouwour?
What about the sentry? Who has the first few hours?
[/B]


*Oran hears Shorrarr shouting, so he turns to see the Wookiee walking toward him with his heavy repeater out. Oran instinctively ducks a bit before answering.*

Oran: You and Kestrel will have first watch tonight. Tell Spades to get some sleep when you get ready to relieve him. He can have the last watch with Roobis. Tav and I will take middle watch. Oh, and see Sergeant Daxter for some new toys. He'll be handing them out while I'm out setting up some more sensors.

*Oran turns to the small gathering of men that have shown up.*

Oran: Who's coming with me to set up the sensors?

Night who says ni
16 September 2005, 07:55 AM
Finally out of the freakin cold thank the force, Kell thinks to himself as he walks into the hanger of Ech "Alpha" Station after the long and for him silent march over.


finds they are standard light-bulk shipping crates: reinforced plasti-steel containers, about 1m by 2m by 1m high. They open easily, and he finds that one stack contains various supplies for the station's inhabitants: spare uniforms, power-packs, bedding, spare parts, close to a metric ton of ration bars, etc.There's also an entire case (48) of fragmentation grenades

Kell smiles to himself as he sees the frag gernades and grabs a few on his way over to get his share of the food and drink.


"Aight boss", Sep answers, then, turning to Ketran, "Thanks for volunteering. Haarshi, Juliaan, thanks be to you as well for volunteering. Awww, come on, we can ake all the repairs right here, even upstairs in the warm, then just be outside long enough to dig a hole, and put them in. I'd say about an hour of ice time, tops. Okay? Good. Now let's get these things upstairs..."

Im not one to make repairs, i do have a little experience in it though...


With a grunt, Orr hefts one of the containers of sensor components, then, as he turn toward the stairs, calls over his shoulder to the other three with an impish grin, "You ladies share crates. Wouldn't want you to break a nail."

Kell picks up one easily BY HIMSELF and quickely passes "Sep"'
Try to keep up Old Man...

(O.O.C. Sorry that I havent posted for a while.

Kamon
16 September 2005, 02:45 PM
Kell smiles to himself as he sees the frag gernades and grabs a few on his way over to get his share of the food and drink.

Hey, hey, HEY! Put those down, Kell. Daxter snatches the grenades out of the privates hands, and puts them back into the pile. He clips three onto his belt, and shouts, Alright, Night Angels, every man can take 3...Count 'em...3!...grenades. Anyone I find taking more than that, your butt is MINE! he adds with a wicked snicker. He watches as the two greenskins in his squad stare at him oddly. Haha...those new guys...they'll believe anything... The large man hands Kell three grenades.

Take those and be on the way, soldier. G'luck with the equipment.

Stormrider
16 September 2005, 03:06 PM
He is telling the truth. I once saw him take down a raging Wookiee. Ketran called out gleefully as he followed "Sep" to set up the sensors

PsychoInfiltrator
16 September 2005, 04:34 PM
A question had been nawing at Rayror and he figured while everone was enjoying their meal might be a good time to ask.

"Is 'uh' a standard commander word or something? I have never heard anyone use it much, but now our Lieutenant uses it almost every other word." Rayro r asks to no one in particular, with enough rasping volume for everyone nearby to hear.

Stormrider
16 September 2005, 05:06 PM
Ketran paused and glanced back at Rayror Its a human word for confusion or embarrassment. He jogged to catch up with "Sep" and Kell. Heading up stairs to mod the sensors.

PsychoInfiltrator
16 September 2005, 05:14 PM
"Our lieutenant muszt be having much confusion, then."

EZE1138
16 September 2005, 10:45 PM
Throw those back down, Tav. They'll be split out evenly amongst the men. You'll have to wait patiently, ya greedy lil hound, Dax says with a grin on his face as he swats the grenades out of Tavs hands.

Tav looks down at his hands as the Sergent hits the grenades out of his hands. They fall back into the crate with a crack that makes his fur ruffle in agitation. First he shoots at ghosts then he treats explosives like yesterday's fruit.


.
Alright, Night Angels, every man can take 3...Count 'em...3!...grenades. Anyone I find taking more than that, your butt is MINE!

Without taking his eyes off of Dax, Tav reaches back in the crate and pulls out three and re-hitches them to his vest. He pauses a second to see if the impulsive Sgt. decides to change his mind again. After a short moment, he turns away, heading back to find the bunks and Oran.

Mack Jace
17 September 2005, 04:49 AM
After being inside the base for a few minutes, he sees everyone else doing something and decides to find something to do. He sees Orr and a few others head upstairs with big crates, and so he grabs one. After getting the crate upstairs, he says to Orr Mind if I help sir? I don't have much to do, but I'm willin to head out there again.

DentArthurDent
17 September 2005, 08:10 AM
"Aight boss", Sep answers, then, turning to Ketran, "Thanks for volunteering. Haarshi, Juliaan, thanks be to you as well for volunteering. Awww, come on, we can ake all the repairs right here, even upstairs in the warm, then just be outside long enough to dig a hole, and put them in. I'd say about an hour of ice time, tops. Okay? Good. Now let's get these things upstairs..."

*Oran neared the outer doors when he barely caught the conversation. He sheepishly turned around and began carrying the unmodified sensors in his possession upstairs to be worked on by the more mechanically minded of the squads. He reached the room where they had begun to modify the sensors for the cold and gently placed his few on the table.*

Oran: Sorry about that, guys. Completely forgot that nothing at this base was finished before we got here. There's a couple more for you.

*Oran turned and walked up to the observation deck to relieve Spades, who hadn't to his knowledge even eaten yet.*

Oran: Hey Spades. Get down there and get some chow before Rayror throws out the last bits. It'd be a shame to see it go to waste. I'll take over for a bit, at least until those sensors are ready to go.

Uron Teff
17 September 2005, 09:37 AM
Hey Spades. Get down there and get some chow before Rayror throws out the last bits. It'd be a shame to see it go to waste. I'll take over for a bit, at least until those sensors are ready to go.

Shorrarr hears Oran shouting at Spades. And after a miliclick he realizes that 'chef' has cooked some food.

[Shorrarr]Wrau arwuroash raouwouroa wruaoruowur ouaour. Chawrirow raoruwouro Shorrarr arwuoruaoru shoaurwouroa ruoaurao wraruworuoa roauoruworu aruwouro!
I hope that 'Chef' has made some good food. Otherwise you have a hungry ME around who is going to terminate everything standing between the rations and him!

A huge and deep wookiee laughter can be heard as he walks over following the smell of food.

----------------------------------
OOC: Ey Dent maybe it's not worst telling you but can you please edit your IC post. Please notice that I missed the 'U' as I wanted to write S-H-O-T... missed it again.... S-H-O-U-T. So Shorrarr isn't shoting through the hall. Why should he? Only to get attention? Noooo.

boccelounge
17 September 2005, 11:40 AM
INTERIOR: HOTH -- ECHO "ALPHA" STATION -- CONTROL ROOM

In the small control room, filled with computers and sensor terminals, ORAN calls for SPADES to come down for chow. Waiting at the bottom of the ladder, he notices a flashing indicator light, revealing an incoming transmission.

ORAN, or someone else near the controls, flips on the comm and hears a male comms-operator repeating a message with crisp, professional precision:
MALE OPERATOR: ... to Echo Alpha. Echo Base to Echo Alpha. Be advised: Echo 10 and Echo 11 inbound to your position; Echo Command upgrading Readiness Level to Condition Three. Please acknowledge.

MALE OPERATOR: Echo Base to Echo Alpha. Echo Base to Echo Alpha. Be advised...
--------------------

OOC: I'm assuming it's Oran in the control room; anyone else not previously occupied can place themselves there as well.

Also, here's another link to the Hoth Intel Report (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231522#post231522).

--------------------

INTERIOR: IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER -- BRIDGE LEVEL -- ASTRO-NAVIGATION SECTION

A junior Imperial Officer holding a thick datapad walks slowly behind a row of astrogation technicians, inspecting their work. One of the operators turns and addresses the officer.
OPERATOR: Sir. We will be reverting to normal space in approximately 139 seconds...

OFFICER: Belay that. Get us in closer... delay your reversion to [he checks his datapad]... 218 seconds.

OPERATOR: That close, sir? We'll be practically on top of the... [he checks his computer] sixth planet...

OFFICER: This order comes from Fleet Commmand. You now have... 201 seconds.

OPERATOR: Yes, sir!
--------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
LAST POST (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18549)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18538) Character Records (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230941#post230941)
Unit Organization (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230942#post230942)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230943#post230943)
Other Updates (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230944#post230944)
LAST POST (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18538)
Campaign Guide: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=229919#post229919)