PDA

View Full Version : Things Lucas SHOULD'VE Fixed in the Special Editions (VHS, DVD, ETC)

Drendar Morevo
26 August 2005, 09:14 PM
Forget the travesties like Greedo Shooting first and replacing the Realistic looking models with unrealistic CGI. What Lucas SHOULD'VE fixed.

-Times where Blood is seen from a lightsaber wound. (ANH, ESB)

-Lightsaber mistakes, Lukes saber turning green onboard the millenium falcon, the switching sabers in the Obi-Vader fight, the cord clearly seen under obi's lightsaber in said fight.

Not Quite sure about this one...
-Jabba's dancer scene.. now there is definately SOMETHING seen... not sure what it is, but I would either like a confirmation or at least some kind of recognition about this from LFL or in the commentary. I always felt this was kind of a Star Wars easter egg to make sure you were really paying attention to the film, but then again, if you noticed this, then maybe youre paying a little TOO much attention.

Cha_man
26 August 2005, 09:32 PM
I take it you mean the 'wardrobe malfunction' in the rancor pit?

Heck, look at the outfit, the only thing hiding her is the green paint

cheshire
27 August 2005, 06:24 AM
I always wanted him to fix the magically appearing TIEs in RotJ when the trap was sprung. I found their appearance objectionable on orriginal release day. I mean, if a nine year old spotted it, then it isn't good.

DarthBalmung
27 August 2005, 08:17 AM
I'm not sure if this was added but Boba in the cantina AHN.

Corr Terek
27 August 2005, 09:39 AM
Hmmm...yeah, the "wardrobe malfunction" could've been fixed. When watched the Original Release versus SE, I noticed that they hadn't fixed it, and I don't think it was fixed for DVD either. Then again, aside from cutting out that particular shot, I'm not entirely sure what they could do.

Also, I know that Lucas fixed those annoying black lines in the Battle of Hoth (you know, the old-style bluescreen black lines that made it kinda obvious?) but they're also there when Luke is in the rancor pit. They're not as noticeable, but they're still there. Couldn't that have been fixed?

Umm...let me think...those odd-shaped bulges whenever someone loses a hand? You know, when the actor hides their real hand inside their sleeve, basically? I'm sure that could have been made to look better.

*Snort* Oh yeah, and I suppose they could've fixed the holographic displays and such, made 'em look more like Prequel stuff. But then again, that's not a real big beef of mine, so I'll just let it go.

stoic_75
29 August 2005, 03:21 PM
I'm tired of things being fixed. I liked them the way they were. I would appreciate the addition of deleted scenes in the original trilogy. I felt kinda ripped off when I bought them.

Originally posted by Drendar Morevo
Forget the travesties like Greedo Shooting first and replacing the Realistic looking models with unrealistic CGI. What Lucas SHOULD'VE fixed.

-Times where Blood is seen from a lightsaber wound. (ANH, ESB)

-Lightsaber mistakes, Lukes saber turning green onboard the millenium falcon, the switching sabers in the Obi-Vader fight, the cord clearly seen under obi's lightsaber in said fight.

Not Quite sure about this one...
-Jabba's dancer scene.. now there is definately SOMETHING seen... not sure what it is, but I would either like a confirmation or at least some kind of recognition about this from LFL or in the commentary. I always felt this was kind of a Star Wars easter egg to make sure you were really paying attention to the film, but then again, if you noticed this, then maybe youre paying a little TOO much attention.

Kryl'thar
31 August 2005, 12:19 PM
Wait, you WANT to get rid fo the waldrbe malfunction?8o Heck that was one of the best discoveries of my young adult life. It's like Girls Gone Wild on Tatooine!

PneumaZ
31 August 2005, 01:10 PM
they actually did cleanup the Rancor pit scene, but unfortunately there is only so much you can do to that footage without the master reels (which are usually lost when making the greenscreen). It was cleaned up a LOT, and is MUCH better than it was.

Similarly they finally got luke falling down bespins core looking pretty ship shape.

Aldaron
31 August 2005, 03:18 PM
Similarly they finally got luke falling down bespins core looking pretty ship shape.

And they finally got rid of his girlie scream that mysteriously appeared in the "original" special editions.

wolverine
2 September 2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Kryl'thar
Wait, you WANT to get rid fo the waldrbe malfunction?8o Heck that was one of the best discoveries of my young adult life. It's like Girls Gone Wild on Tatooine!

Wardrobe mistake???? What are you on about?

Cha_man
2 September 2005, 02:11 AM
not really a mistake, more like an oversight (they failed their spot or perception roll when reviewing the fotage B) )

OK, Twi'lek dancer falls down pit, watch her costume (or lack thereof :rolleyes: ) when she tries to get out 8o

you really can't see anything (and many boys have strained eyes to prove it) aside from the fact that it happened

happy searching:D

Drendar Morevo
3 September 2005, 09:59 AM
Why should youhave to strain looking for it. Get the DVD, pop it into a computer, use Power DVD and go straight to the scene. You can even pause and Take a screencap of the very moment for proof that IT DID HAPPEN.

I don't think it should be gotten rid of, I just want it's existence aknowledged by the fandom at large.

boccelounge
3 September 2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Drendar Morevo
I don't think it should be gotten rid of, I just want it's existence aknowledged by the fandom at large.

In half-serious curiousity: why?

Drendar Morevo
3 September 2005, 12:43 PM
Mostly because I'm tired of people elsewhere in the star wars fandom denying its existence.

BrianDavion
3 September 2005, 01:18 PM
I've never actually seen it, anyone GOT a screencap?

Drendar Morevo
3 September 2005, 02:20 PM
You'd think that the guy who tells you how to do it would have one... I do. But I'm not going to show it here.

Grimace
3 September 2005, 04:46 PM
But I'm not going to show it here.

Wise move. I also suggest no one else post it here either. Feel free to PM each other with a link, but let's avoid posting pictures, especially one of a wardrobe malfunction, on the Holonet please.

Fingon
4 September 2005, 01:08 PM
Redo the CG scenes, especially in ANH. Make them better, or get rid of them. They're just BAD.

Light coming off of the lightsabers would have been nice. That isnt' present even in some of the scenes in I, II, and III.

Fix the choppy scenes when Luke turns on/turns off his lightsaber, when he closes the door in the control room, etc.

And yeah, the greenscreen scenes need to be fixed. No more translucent snowspeeders.

BrianDavion
4 September 2005, 05:49 PM
they outta add in a useless scene in TESB featureing tatooine just so that we can saw we saw that world in ALL the SW movies :)

Aldaron
7 September 2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Cha_man
not really a mistake, more like an oversight (they failed their spot or perception roll when reviewing the fotage B) )

OK, Twi'lek dancer falls down pit, watch her costume (or lack thereof :rolleyes: ) when she tries to get out 8o

you really can't see anything (and many boys have strained eyes to prove it) aside from the fact that it happened

happy searching:D

Oh...is it then? That must be another one. I was thinking of when Oola is shaking her head as Jabba is trying to get her to come to him, just before she falls into the pit. As she's leaping about,, the outfit she's almost wearing slips, exposing her right breast for about a half a second or less.

I'll have to pop the DVD in tonight and find the other bit where she's trying to get out! :D

Fehya
9 September 2005, 05:57 PM
Saw Femi Taylor about a year ago at Milton Keens, UK.
She is a very sexy lady, but I chickened out over the said scene, we talked about ballet, she stars in CATS.
Got her autograph, VERY nice lady.
You thought the costume failed her in ROTJ, her real clothes don't do much better.

Cha_man
9 September 2005, 06:31 PM
You know what...
you could be right, I loaned my DVDs to a friend and didn't make sure (otherwise I might have given time in chapter).

So, if you can't find it in the pit, rewind to just before she goes... she falls into the pit

swaddict
10 September 2005, 01:46 AM
I think when Han Solo is released from the Carbonite, his shirt is stained(am i correct, or my disc is malfunctioning?).

Anyway, when he reached Chewie at the cell, his shirt is suddenly clean, also when he met Luke.

Am I correct???:?

STARWARS.GM
10 September 2005, 04:00 AM
:ds1: I'd like to see the Death Star plans that R2 delivers and then displayed on screen at Yavin IV to actually look like the Death Star. According to the display the planet destroying laser is mounted on the equator but as we know the acual weapon is above the equator.

:xwing: All the space battles in ANH have been cleaned up or replaced but both ESB and ROTJ you can clearly see the area around starships where the blue/green screen was placed... annoying.

:sabersml: Yes' I'd also like to see Lightsabers reflect the light around the enviroment too was very effectivly used in AOTC (Anakin and Dooku) and would add extra "SPARKLE" to all the other battles especially between father and son in ROTJ.

:vader: What about Darth Vaders wobbly helmet in ESB while delivering "The Speech", and all those grubby finger prints on it in ANH, plus they need to black out his eyes in ANH too.

:stormtpr: But for the love of GOD leave in the Stormtrooper who bumps his head (ANH) makes me chuckle every time

:hansolo: And either remove the shackles from Han Solo before he goes into the Carbonite Chamber [ESB] or put him in shackles when he is revived (ROTJ)

:gungan: And remove Jar Jar from all the prequals. Anything he does for the plot could easily be rewritten without him. Even the Simpsons mock this exercise in CGI tom-foolery.

Sarge
14 September 2005, 03:19 PM
I don't mind the disappearing manacles; in my mind, Han slipped a lockpick out of his sleeve, ditched the cuffs, and was just about to slip away when the carbonite hit him.

The one thing that I really wanted to see fixed was the scene in ANH when Vader and Tarkin were talking in the conference room and Vader's gestures were completely out of synch with his lines.

Aldaron
14 September 2005, 04:16 PM
I'd like to see the Death Star plans that R2 delivers and then displayed on screen at Yavin IV to actually look like the Death Star. According to the display the planet destroying laser is mounted on the equator but as we know the acual weapon is above the equator.

Agreed...they could clean this up a lot more so that it doesn't look like a 1976 video game.

All the space battles in ANH have been cleaned up or replaced but both ESB and ROTJ you can clearly see the area around starships where the blue/green screen was placed... annoying.

Is that where there is a kind of blocky dark box around ships (especially TIE fighters, it seems)? If so, then yeah, it's downright irritating and they could have cleaned it up.

Yes' I'd also like to see Lightsabers reflect the light around the enviroment too was very effectivly used in AOTC (Anakin and Dooku) and would add extra "SPARKLE" to all the other battles especially between father and son in ROTJ.

Only happens when it's dark, though, doesn't it? I remember the last time I saw RotS thinking that you could see it with Yoda (because he and his lightsabre were CGI), but not with Obi-Wan and Anakin.

And either remove the shackles from Han Solo before he goes into the Carbonite Chamber [ESB] or put him in shackles when he is revived (ROTJ)

No need to - the Ugnaughts do it, right before the platform drops. It's a common mistake - one I used to make before I looked at it carefully. His manacles come off just a second or two before he drops down.

STARWARS.GM
15 September 2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Aldaron
Only happens when it's dark, though, doesn't it? I remember the last time I saw RotS thinking that you could see it with Yoda (because he and his lightsabre were CGI), but not with Obi-Wan and Anakin.

It's very dark in the Emporers Throne Room.

Originally posted by Aldaron
No need to - the Ugnaughts do it, right before the platform drops. It's a common mistake - one I used to make before I looked at it carefully. His manacles come off just a second or two before he drops down.

Ahhh yet another reason to watch ESB again (not that I need an excuse)

FlipDog 2000
15 September 2005, 11:17 AM
Sorry if some have been mentioned...

What about the continuity error of Han's magically disappearing and reappearing vest in the Carby scene.

Luke's lightsaber on Hoth at the end of the Wampa scene.

I'm glad they fixed the "see through" cockpits in the snowspeeders. Along with the lines. Though the rancor still looks kinda crappy even after the fix.

I hate the Jabba scene in ANH...take it out...it's useless. Along with the revised "What is thy bidding my master" scene in ESB and the replacement of old Anakin in RotJ. And (as I've mentioned before) the multiplanet celebration.

I liked the originals and would totally buy them over the revised. But since all I can get on DVD is Special Ed, then oh well. Nothing inherantly needed to be changed...I understood everything completely before the added scenes. It's just Lucas' thoughts of how to put more pointless exposition and try to create more depth to the characters. I would've been happy with a nice wash, rinse and release.