PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Sith Of The Old Republic (SOTOR)

Stirroret
4 September 2005, 06:36 AM
2300 B.B.Y....

The Sith Order has been completely destroyed over a thousand years ago.

The Jedi Order are victorious and the galaxy is currently in a state of complete bliss. One by one the galaxy is joining the banner of the Republic and for the first time in millenia the species of the galaxy are uniting under a single banner. It is a time of perfect happiness and order...

Or is it?

In the outerrims of the galaxy a wave of violence and aggression has begun to spread, threatening to undermine the rising government of Coruscant and its efforts, to bring back all the known galaxy to secure a lasting peace.
A precarious situation indeed - however no one knows the truth...

That in the darkest corners of the galaxy ancient holocrons and dark nexi has gone active for seemingly no reasons, calling the dark minds to them.

Calling to YOU the players...

Stirroret
4 September 2005, 06:54 AM
1. Applications
As of now there are no vacancies but to the ones that has already contacted me on the thread in trader's forum.
I'm not saying that I won't re-open the admissions on a later state - BUT as of now I want to handle the characters already submitted for approval...

2. The Campaign

a) the timeline
We are currently 2300 B.B.Y. Meaning we are BEFORE Ruusan... there will be no Darth Vader, Darth Sidious or any of the characters that you know from the movies (or books!)

b) the primary objective
Don't ask... it will be revealed to the players INGAME

c) how will the game be "handled"
The required pace will be around 2/3 postings a week... and the contense of the postings must be more than a two-line "quickie"

A sentence like: "Gant walks next to Runo 'how's it hanging?' "... is not ok!

If you are unable to game of any reason you MUST give word to me, the GM and until your return it will handled as an NPC. If you just drop out of holonet without reason or warning, the character will be quarentined for no more than two weeks - then deleted from the game.

I will allow no GM ruling from Players... if you have a problem with another player or believe you know the rules better than another player - PM ME! And I will rule on the appeal - and the ruling sticks!

d) dark sided or light sided campaign?
I expect dark-sided - however that depends on the decisions and gaming from the players...

However I will have no "berserker" characters running wild killing in a spree... have in mind that too much attention will cause you to be detected (and arrested)

e) PC lifespand/levels/XP
Lifespand
PC's will as a rule NOT be killed - unless you seriously bring it upon yourself (stupid decisions - don't worry you WILL be given a fair warning). If you go down in fight - you go unconscious... unless the entire group goes down... THEN YOU DIE (just like KOTOR)

Levels & XP
I will deal with XP and promotions to higher levels "under the table". When a character receives enough XP he or she will be informed that the character has gone up 1 level...

any other info like DSP, etc...?
See the Traders Infonet for details...

ArthurDentArthur
Mack Jace
Uron Teff
Vjerzag
Boccelounge

Stirroret
5 September 2005, 10:22 AM
Female Togruta Force Adept 3/Jedi Consular 2; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Defense +18 (+6 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 30/10; Atk+3 melee (2d8/19-20, Lightsaber) or +3 melee (1d6/20, Quarterstaff) or -1/-5 melee (1d6/20, Quarterstaff) or +5 ranged (3d6+1/20 or DC 14 stun, Blaster pistol DL-22, range 10 m) or +1/+1 ranged (3d6+1/20, Blaster pistol DL-22 with Multifire, range 10 m); SQ Spatial Awareness, Deflect (defense +1); SV Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +10; SZ M; FP 5; DSP 6; Rep 1; Str 10, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 15, Wis 17, Cha 16, Challenge Code C.

Skills: Bluff+7, Craft (lightsaber)+3, Diplomacy+4, Intimidate+10, Knowledge (Jedi lore)+3, Knowledge (history)+5, Knowledge (cultures)+5, Sense Motive+5, Survival+5, Treat Injury+4.

Force Skills: Affect Mind+8, Empathy+7, Enhance Senses+5, Farseeing+10, Fear+7, Force Defense+6, Force Lightning+5, Force Stealth+6, Heal Another+4, Heal Self+4, Illusion+5, Move Object+4, See Force+8, Telepathy+10.

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Lightsaber), Force Sensitive, Headstrong, Persuasive, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (primitive weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Control, Force Mind, Link, Sense.

I am a jedi. Not like the jedi you know and not like anything you have ever seen. I’m one a lost one. Thus not one of the original twenty but the last apprentice my former master has taken. My name is Syrena Aalgid and I am a jedi.
--------------------------------------
At the beginning we were three. Three apprenitces to the guidance of Master Darn. Each apprentice taken from a different world. Each apprenice taken from a different culture.
One was taken from the dark world of Arkasis IV. One taken from the foggy and frigid world of Dunanis. And one taken from my home world Togruta.
Each of us belongs to other aspects of the force. Life, death and unification.
My name is Syrena and I’m the last surviving apprentice of the dead Jedi Master Darn.
I have failed once again in my live. I have failed many times before but never were the consequences that high. The three people I have spent seven years with are dead due to my failture. Orran is dead. Hreak is dead. And luckily for me Master Darn is dead.
With a mighty blow by his lightsaber the defense was of Darn was broken and he stumbles backwards landing on his back. Hreak moves forward to finish the defenseless Jedi off.
“Would you kill a defenseless being?” the words come poisoned out of his mouth.
Hreak hesitates and turns back towards Syrena. He searches in her face for an answer but he only finds mere horror. Realizing that he underestimated his former Master he turns around to see a green blade moving with incredible speed towards his face. Syrena, you’re the last hope. Do not let the death of Orran and me be senseless.
And suddenly there is only darkness as he passes away...
He passes his three students of the force with a slight smile around his mouth. He knows that they hate him. He knows that for each punishment they hate him even more. Hate and anger are strong feelings. Both belong to the darkside. That’s what the jedi think. For my master feeling were the key to a greater understanding of the force. With every bit of anger raging in them they come closer to the darkside. But their not supposed to be dark jedi. They are supposed to be enlighted jedi as I am. They should understand that the balance between the two halfs of the force – the light and the dark – belong together.
He bends over Orran and sees only a spark of life left in his eyes. Standing up straight again he looks at Syrena and comands “Heal him!” The anger in her eyes is clearly visible.
He watches her standing there with her fists shaking in anger. After few seconds she starts to move slowly towards her fallen friend and knees beside him. Darn knows that he has done this dozens of time just to make them understand that feeling could be as powerful as calmness. He tries to make them understand that there is no darkside. He tries to make them understand that they should keep themself in balance. And also keep the force in balance.
“Yes Master I understand. There is no light side. There is no dark side. There is only the force.”
He turns his head towards his three apprentices as he walks along the line of them. A despiteful shadow dances over his face as he announces. “You are my apprentices. I am the only one who you are obliged to. From now on I am your Master.”
By the might of the force the three are pushed down to their knees. None of them able to raise his head and none of them able to speak.
“You will obey my orders and I will grant you power beyond your imagination. As I am the former apprentice of one of the apprentice of the Lost Twenty.”
The Order of Shasan the most highest instance on the planet of Shili was the last cult Jedi Master Darn – well actually he was no Jedi Master – would visit. The will of the force has brought me here; I can sense it, he thinks by himself as he watches the first seconds of a ritual none could ever think about it. Or maybe not, it’s getting boring. He turns around on his heels and starts to blaze his trail through the crowd of Tugrutians.
“Take this as your tribute, Lord Sharka, Lord of Death!” He hears a female voice shouting from the top of the pyramid.
I can sense something, something familiar... he thinks as his blood runs cold. The force is strong in this place and in the people. He turns around and witnesses one of the effects of the force on a living body. Flashing thunderbolts are raging on the top of the temple he was staring at minutes before. The high priest who was talking seconds before of something like salvation (Darn’s knowledge of the local language was more than bad) was now standing next to a writhing man who was tortured by the lightnings created to the force of a young woman.
This is what I’m looking for!
“The ceremony starts in a few moments, high priestress Syrena” One of the acolytes says as he peers around the corner.
“I know.” She says keeping her voice calm and without emotions.
“Go and get the other altar server. And remember the truth...”
“The truth comes through the light. The thruth comes through the darkness. Both gods – the god of pain, suverring and death and the god of life, pleasure and resurrection – are the thruth.” He answeres mechanicaly.
“You’ll understand it. Some day.” She answers.
The acolyte’s head vanishes behind the corner and she sits again alone on the ground in her chamber. Focusing on what is lying before her she starts to meditate. A sudden flash of a unknown presence flickers in the vigor. Finaly he is here. I’ve forseen his presence.
She stands up and moves toward the exit of the chamber. She turn around and looks back in the room somehow knowing that she won’t see it again and somehow not wanting to leave. The vigor has shown me the path to walk upon. The vigor will guide me.
She paces along the rows of servants and altar servers as she walks through the temple of the Order of Shasan. She hears footsteps beside her and she knows that this will be Sorani the servant of the tempels prior – her servant. Stepping out of the temple she stops atop of the huge stairway what directs one of the choosen beliefer upwards to the plateau on what she was standing.
While the young male Togruta moves up to her she views over the gathering of the belivers. She lifts her arms and at the same time all of them are going down to their knees bending the head down towards the earth. She is the prior of the Order of Shasan.
“Let us pray to the Gods of live and death! Let us pray to the union of the Gods!” She shouts...
“It is hard to remember.” Syrena said turning her head towards the ground.
“I know.” The voice was friendly and warm but she knew that this would not last long. “It a hard task we all have to manage once in our lives.”
Suddenly pain struck her like a lightning. She was sure that this was a lightning but she was not allowed to look up. It was forbitten to scream. It was forbitten to look up. It was forbitten to fail. And she failed her last task. The punishment would be what she had to learn.
Another strike of pure energy hit her and she slipped over to unconciousness...
“Aaah... the Temple of the Order of Shasan. Have you ever seen a place more beautiful than this gardens? The Order of Shasan. The keeper of life and death. The messengers of the gods. The messengers of life and death.” She mumbles under her breath. How many times does she have heard this before? By how many mouths spoken? After being looked up fore almost two years she now finaly understands the wonder of live. Now she knew the will of the gods. She was the one to hear the will of the gods and to deliver their messages. She has gone through the darkness only to recognize the brightness of the light. She went along the dead only a shiver of her former presence. Half starved and almost dead. She was dead – nearly. And than the light came after two years of total darkness. The light. She understands. The few who want to understand the light must dwell in darkness to recognize the wonder of the light.
“She’ll be the prior of our Order, some day!”
“I don’t care! She’s my daughter and you’re not going to take her from me. Not today, not tomorrow, never.”
The Prior of the Order of Shasan stand up from the table and looks down at the man who was defending his daughter. She pities him for his ignorance and his nescience of the importance of this girl.
“She’ll be the Prior of the Order! And there is nothing you could do to stop us.”
“She’s only seven years old. You can’t take her from meeee...rgghgg...”
His hand move to his throat as a invisible grip tightens and strangulates him from the air he breathed only seconds before. Don’t take her! Don’t! is the last what he thoughts as his life fades away.

Appearance:
As Togruta she has the typical red skin color and the typical white dots around her eyes. She was the most beautiful prior the Order of Shasan has ever seen. Her mental abilities are incommonsurable. She is agile and flexible and educated in either the skills of the force and the skills of the society as she knew it.

Personality:
Through the years as an apprentice of the Order and later as the Prior the learned much about controling her emotions and how to focus them. In the two years in total darkness and with less food and water than the most beggars on her homeworld the anger raised in her and gave her strenght to survive this toture.
After the recrution by Master Darn the anger inside her rose even more. The end of Master Darn was the achievment of her anger. Although she regrets the loss of her fellow student she regrets the death of Master Darn. Not because he hadn’t deserved it. NO! Because she killed him in anger. With the fury of the darkside raging in her. And unexpectedly she enjoyed the killing fury and how she enjoyed it. With more fear than confidence she sees into the future and waits what comes up to her.

Uron Teff
5 September 2005, 10:37 AM
I guess this was a clear "Yes your character is okay!"

Stirroret
5 September 2005, 12:38 PM
indeed it is...:D

Stirroret
6 September 2005, 05:30 AM
- Parents: Unknown
- Homeworld: Corellia
- Friends: Jedi
- Faction: Jedi
- Last assignment: Won battle against tyrant on planet Triffis in Mid Rim who enslave whole population and killed over 200.000 people. In last fight Klamath entered tyrant hideout with small force, but in the mater of minutes all his soldiers where dead as they entered trap. Only his Jedi powers save him from certain death. Enraged by death of his friends with whom he fight whole war something snap in him for the moment and in the uncontrolled rage he slain tyrant and all his staff and guards.

- A Brief Background: As a Corellian he was discovered to be force sensitive since he was born. Since that he grows up in Jedi temple on Coruscant with rest of young jedis and other force sensitive beings. His Jedi training was like dream to him; his Master is kind and gentle Human named Calem Zonke who take good care that his young padawan become good person and Jedi. He never meets his parents, but he doesn’t miss them, his family is Jedi order. In his 24 year he become Jedi Knight with keen sense for combat and battle prowess, since than he’s been in many missions and prove his loyalty to Jedi order.
- Personality: Cunning warrior and excellent fighter. Calm but deadly, man of few words.
- Physical Description: Medium build, white male with nice looking face, big brown eyes and short haircut. He wears Jedi cloak and clothes.
- Objectives: Find inner peace after his brief transgression to dark side

Klamath Windwalker: Human Jedi Guardian 5; Init +5 (+1 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative); Defense +16 (+5 class, +1 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 64/19; Atk+8 melee (3d8+3/19-20, Lightsaber); SQ Deflect (attack -4), Deflect (defense +1), Increased lightsaber damage (3d8); SV Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +5; SZ M; FP 4; DSP 5; Rep 2; Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 12, Challenge Code C.

Skills: Craft (lightsaber)+7, Gather Information+4, Intimidate+4, Knowledge (Jedi Lore) +4, Knowledge (Sith lore) +2, Search+5, Sense Motive+5, Tumble+6.

Force Skills: Affect Mind+6, Battlemind+7, Enhance Ability+6, Force Defense+6, Force Stealth+6, Heal Self+6, See Force+6, Telepathy+6.

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Lightsaber), Force Sensitive, Heroic Surge, Improved Initiative, Toughness, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Sense.

DentArthurDent
8 September 2005, 09:12 AM
So on a scale of 1 to "awesomely rad" am I in? :P

boccelounge
8 September 2005, 10:40 AM
Stirroret: just as an update, I'm still trying to work up a background for Relic. The concept is fully-formed in my mind, but for some reason I'm having trouble getting it into a compelling story-style background... have been staring at the unfinished fdraft for two days, with little progress.

So, the update is: it's coming, and I haven't forgotten about it. I'm just stalled. If you get to the point where you need something quickly, let me know, and I'll just submit what I have.

Stirroret
8 September 2005, 01:13 PM
Dent> well you're in... of course you are. The character you submitted is both deep and thorough. I just need to know wheither you're sticking to the background you submitted Ooor...?

Bocce> Listen, I'll rather wait an extra day for a good character than having to deny a useless character (wasting my time). Take the time needed to complete the character...

Mack Jace>the same goes for you...

Mack Jace
8 September 2005, 05:12 PM
Sorry, I was ready to Pm you the background (which I had done from scratch) and the server did something and I lost it. If I don't get it tonight, I'll have it tomorrow, I promise. BTW, I now have it written down.

DentArthurDent
8 September 2005, 07:36 PM
Like I said (or at least I think I said, was running on 4 hours of sleep for the past 45 hours of wakefulness) all those changes you mentioned are fine. I just don't have a hardcopy of it to change them myself, so whenever you get those added in, send me a copy :D

Vjerzag
9 September 2005, 03:02 PM
When can we expect to start with campaign?

Uron Teff
9 September 2005, 10:26 PM
Yeah!
You just started the OOC thread one week ago, where is the IC? ;)

DentArthurDent
9 September 2005, 11:27 PM
You guys are all so patient....... I've been sending him PMs since a day before he even started his Infonet thread. It's called dedication. Pass it on....

Uron Teff
10 September 2005, 03:57 AM
OK back to the topic...
Has anybody (PC) a spacecraft? A YT-1300 or something better?

Mack Jace
10 September 2005, 05:53 AM
Hey there, everybody. Umm....has anybody seen Stirroret? Cause I'm still waitin on confirmation for my char.

OK back to the topic...
Has anybody (PC) a spacecraft? A YT-1300 or something better? I don't. But hopefully someone else does, or we're goin nowhere fast.:P

Uron Teff
10 September 2005, 07:07 AM
I saw him yesterday on Holonet.
Maybe he needs some time to check and dobblecheck your stats and your background. I don't know.
But he posted yesterday!

Stirroret
10 September 2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks Dent;-)

Darth Real-life has been quite hectic... BUT

IC thread opens wednesday at 21:00 CET

The game starts the following monday, leaving you guys 4 days for introductions, prologue-gaming etc etc...

Meanwhile I am checking and balancing the characters towards each other (and the Game at hand)
========
And as for the "Will you get a ship?"-question... well... stand by and await the opening of the IC thread. THIS Monday I will post stats on ships of the time at hand (2500 years before E-4)

/GM

Stirroret
10 September 2005, 12:47 PM
Sale Tahti is a man without a home. He was found on the doorstep to the Jedi Temple without any sign as to who he was. He was taken in by Jedi Master Hyleena Kahleeta, who took care of him and named him. He grew up as any young Jedi did, without any family but the friends around him. The one thing he did have was a home.

But that all changed six years ago. Sale was tasked with finding, liberating, and returning a kidnapped politician. He tracked the prisoner to an unknown world and a crimelord's base of operations. He received orders to arrest the crimelord and to bring him in for questioning. Infiltrating the base under cover of darkness, he made his way to the throne room. He confronted the crimelord, who wouldn't release the politician, and fought his way through hordes of henchmen. After finally defeating the henchmen, he was confronted on the balcony by the crimelord's bodyguards. Each had a vibroaxe and attacked at the same time. Dodge left, parry right, thrust middle, Sale had a hard time defending himself from the onslaught. He jumped into the air, somersaulted, and sliced both of their heads off. When the crimelord confronted him, Sale kept his lightsaber at the ready above his left ear. The crimelord raised his right hand, and one of the vibroaxes rose into the air. Astonished, Sale said, "You are trained in the ways of the Force?" As the words left his mouth, the axe flew at Sale and he barely had time to dodge out of the way. But he did not doge fast enough, for the axe sliced through his right arm, and got stuck in the wall behind him. Screaming in pain, he sank to his feet, clutching the bloody stump stump that was his shoulder. Looking at the crimelord, his eyes burned with a hatred that it made the crimelord shudder. Stretching out his hand, he summoned his hatred, feasted on it, and let blue electricity arc from his hand. The crimelord shrieked with pain, and was pushed back by the intensity of the attack. Sale's hatred of the man was so great that he flung the man off of the balcony, sending him screaming to his death. Before he realized what he had done, Sale blacked out.

Awakening in an operating room, he looked at where his arm was and found a cybernetic in it's place. Days later, he was summoned before the Jedi Council, who decided that he was unfit to continue training, and was exiled. Since then, he has travelled the spacelanes, doing any work that he could find.

Description: Sale is a tall, medium-size human. He has blonde hair, blue eyes, and a cybernetic right arm. He usually wears a black leather trenchcoat (Matrix-style), black sunglasses, and a pair of black jeans(or the SW equivalent).

Sale Tahti Adult Human Male Jedi Guardian 5; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Def 19 (+5 class, +2 Dex, +2 LS); Spd 10; VP/WP 36/11; Atk +9 melee (3d8+4/19-20, lightsaber) or atk +9 melee (2d4+4/20, vibrodagger) or atk +7 ranged; SQ Deflect (defense +1), Deflect (attack -4); SV Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3; FP 5; DSP 4; Rep +2; Str 17 (+1 @ 4th lvl), Dex 14, Con 11, Int 15, Wis 11, Cha 11.

Equipment: Leather jacket, jeans(or SW equivalent), lightsaber(silver), vibrodagger.

Skills: Comp Use +8, Craft (lightsaber) +8, Knowledge (Jedi Lore) +8.

Feats: Athletic, EWP Lightsaber, FS, Imp Crit.

Force Skills: Affect Mind +6, Battlemind +6, Force Lightning +8, Force Strike +8, Move Object +8.

Force Feats: Alter, Control, Lightsaber Defense, Rage, Sense.

Stirroret
10 September 2005, 12:49 PM
Drayk Delus II began life simply enough. Simply enough for a very rich and spoiled child, in any case. His father, Drayk Sr., ran the main office on Coruscant for the gigantic Czerka Corporation. As such, Drayk was always given every amenity, but no guidance or direction. After his mother died abruptly less than a week before his 14th birthday, he lost what little direction he had been provided with. His grades, which had been in the top of his class, began to plummet, and he gave himself over to drugs and drinking, even in his youth. His father barely noticed, himself in grief over the loss of his beloved wife, and because he focused more and more on his work. After nearly a year of hiding his activities from his father, Drayk Sr. finally took notice of how terribly he son had been doing in school and in life, and sent him offplanet to a boarding school for aspiring businessmen. With most of the "negative influences," as his father put it, shut out of his life, Drayk once again began focusing on his studies and reemerged as a student par excellance, his studious nature fueled by his desire to once again impress his father in the hopes of inheriting his position within Czerka.
While away at school, however, another tragedy struck the Delus family, or rather struck young Drayk, as his father also died (though some believe he was actually assassinated by a rival).
When Drayk learned of this, hatred and despair welled up inside of him triggering the release of strange powers that had until that day lay dormant. An Urban Adept named Calo Sarn confirmed what Drayk himself had suspected: he was very sensitive to the ebb and flow of the force. Discouraged, but not without determination, Drayk turned away from the known parts of the galaxy. After a while he returns to Coruscant to find his father's killer, learning it to be Arnaz Thelos (the now head of Czerka Corporation). After becoming a beloved public figure he cunningly exposed his father's killer securing his conviction and subsequently reclaiming his father's position and title in the company...

Drayk Delus II Male Human Noble 5; Init +0; Defense +14 (+4 class); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 35/12; Atk +3 melee (1d3, punch) or +3 ranged (3d6-1/20, Czerka CR-3 blaster pistol, Stun DC 14, Range Inc. 12m) or -1/-1 ranged (3d6-1/20, Czerka CR-3 blaster pistol, Stun DC 14, Range Inc. 12m, Multifire); SQ Favor +2, Inspire Confidence, Resource Access, Coordinate +1; SV Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +7; SZ M; FP 3, DSP 5; Rep +2; Str 10, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 17, Cha 15,

Equipment:
Czerka CR-3 blaster pistol, several changes of clothes for different occasions, 450 cr., Datapad w/ competitor's information.

Skills:
Appraise +6, Computer Use +6, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +9, Knowledge (history) +9, Profession (CEO) +10, Read/Write Language (Basic), Sense Motive +11, Speak Language (Basic, Dosh, Ryl, Zabrak, Huttese).

Force Skills:
Enhance Senses +9, Farseeing +7, Friendship +4, See Force +9, Telepathy +7.

Feats:
Force Sensitive, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons), Sense (Force Feat).

Stirroret
10 September 2005, 12:51 PM
Aask Malder human Jedi Sentinel 5/Noble ; Init +3; Defense 19/21 w/ Def; Spd 10; VP/WP 49/14; Atk +11/6 3d8+2 Lightsaber or +8/3 1d3+2 unarmed or +9/4 ranged; SQ force immunities[fear, stun]; deflect [+1 Def/ -4 Att], SV Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +7; SZ M; FP 8; DSP 0; Rep +2; Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 9, Cha 12, Challenge Code D.

Equipment: Lightsaber[Constructed by Aask Malder], Jedi Robes, utility belt.

Skills: balance +4, craft-Lightsaber +6, diplomacy +3, gather information +7, hide +6, knowledge-Jedi Lore +6, listen +8, move silently +5, pilot +7, read/write Basic, read/write Bothese, sense motive +5, speak Basic, speak Bothese, tumble +4.

Force Skills: affect mind +7 battlemind +4 force defense +5, force light +3 force strike +6 friendship +3 move object +6 telepathy +8, force lightning +4, force stealth +6

Feats: dodge, exotic weapon profeciencey-lightsaber, force sensitive, starship operation-space transport, weapon focus-Lightsaber, weapon groups-simple weapons; (blaster pistols, primitive weapons), headstrong

Force Feats: alter, burst of speed, control, force mind,

(color of blade is blue, then crimson after turn to the Darkside)

My name is Aask Malder. I have been a Jedi for 5 years. The life of the Jedi is so complicated, I look at it with the utmost boredom. I long for ferocious battles, going head to head with other Jedi. This triggered a craving for power, and destruction. I have heard voices in my head, but have thought nothing of them until it happened. I was turning. I knew, but my master, Jedi Master Nute Manroy, and all the other Jedi haven’t noticed a thing. I tried to hide it, but it’s coming out, the rage and anger. It hasn’t happened yet, but it will, and I fear the worst.

Appearance: Stands 6’3” tall, has short brown hair, weighs 210 lbs. Hand crafted lightsaber that has had to be replaced 3 times in his Jedi career. He has a tunic made of a synthetic material, colored light brown and tan (mix with Obi-Wan’s and Anakin’s tunics). He is medium built with a medium muscle complexion. He has light skin and is from the planet of Coruscant. He is a very quick Jedi with fast reflexes and punishing blows with a lightsaber or his fists.

Personality: Aask Malder has a very quick temper and sometimes strikes first and asks questions later. He isn’t always merciful to the unrighteous, but he has a little trace of compassion, so he isn’t a berserk maniac. Aask Malder was discovered to be strong in the force at age 5, and was chosen as a Padawan before he turned 11. He has learned much over the years with his master Nute Manroy. He isn’t the most respectful person all the time, but he still tries. He feels that he’s slipping, and is doing everything in his power to prevent it. His master Nute Manroy is unaware of the changes going on, and acts like nothing is going on, as is to his knowledge. However, Master Manroy was severely wounded in a battle, and is no longer able to teach Aask, so he moves on, and his turn is nearly complete. He is clinging on for dear life to stay a Jedi, and that brings us here.

DentArthurDent
10 September 2005, 08:57 PM
Sweet action, Stirr, but where are Sale's stats? :P

Uron Teff
11 September 2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Stirroret
[B]Aask Malder human Jedi Sentinel 5/Noble ; Init +3; Defense 19/21 w/ Def; Spd 10; VP/WP 49/14; Atk +11/6 3d8+2 Lightsaber or +8/3 1d3+2 unarmed or +9/4 ranged; SQ force immunities[fear, stun]; deflect [+1 Def/ -4 Att], SV Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +7; SZ M; FP 8; DSP 0; Rep +2; Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 9, Cha 12, Challenge Code D.

Skills: balance +4, craft-Lightsaber +6, diplomacy +3, gather information +7, hide +6, knowledge-Jedi Lore +6, listen +8, move silently +5, pilot +7, read/write Basic, read/write Bothese, sense motive +5, speak Basic, speak Bothese, tumble +4.

Force Skills: affect mind +7 battlemind +4 force defense +5, force light +3 force strike +6 friendship +3 move object +6 telepathy +8, force lightning +4, force stealth +6

Feats: dodge, exotic weapon profeciencey-lightsaber, force sensitive, starship operation-space transport, weapon focus-Lightsaber, weapon groups-simple weapons; (blaster pistols, primitive weapons), headstrong

Force Feats: alter, burst of speed, control, force mind,

I don't get it!
First of all, what is a Jedi Sentinel? And how many lvl of Noble has he?
He must have the feat lightsaber defense, right. But there is no such feat. Futhermore there is the Force feat SENSE missing. To have the feat Force Mind you must meet the following prerequesitions: Force Sensitive. OK, done. Force Lvl 3rd. Done. But what about the feat Sense and the WISDOM score of 15? And what about the 4 DSP everybody must have at the beginning of the campaign?

And where does he get the force Imunities from?

What is all this about?

P.S.: And that's just what I saw on the first view.

Stirroret
11 September 2005, 08:16 AM
First of all, what is a Jedi Sentinel? And how many lvl of Noble has he?

A Jedi Sentinel is a path, just as the Guardians and the Consulars. They seek out the dark side and tries to cleanse (or Redeem) the person or individual infected. This path changed (according to my research) after the last battle against the Sith (battle of Ruusan) to a specialization training known as The Jedi Redeemers...

He must have the feat lightsaber defense, right. But there is no such feat. Futhermore there is the Force feat SENSE missing. To have the feat Force Mind you must meet the following prerequesitions: Force Sensitive. OK, done. Force Lvl 3rd. Done. But what about the feat Sense and the WISDOM score of 15?

That is something I missed when reading a mountain of characters...

Skywalker>...the Force Mind has to go!!

And what about the 4 DSP everybody must have at the beginning of the campaign?

The 4 dark side points are optional. You don't HAVE to start with them, however you can choose to start with them...

And where does he get the force Imunities from?
I granted them as a logic response to a Jedi training level 6 where a Jedi is specifically trained to seek out forces of darkness.
I ruled that a Jedi Sentinel level 2 - 6 - 9 - 12 - 16 - 19 - 20 gets a Force Immunity feat of his or her choice...

Uron Teff
11 September 2005, 08:23 AM
WOOOOOOOW!
Just one more question:
Why is he a 6th level char? He is a jedi, right? And therefore he is only allowed (according to your rules Stir) to have a overall lvl of 5. And 8 Force Points? How come? For every level two? Than every Force user in our group used to have at least 10 ( well 2 for every lvl and we're all lvl 5).

I don't want to offend nobody, that are just the things I saw on the first sight.

And for the Jedi Sentinel: Wow! Force Immunities! That's hard! But as I just read he doesn't get the increased lightsaber damage (normaly at lvl 6) and the force immunity [stun] (also at level 6). Though he is a level 5 Jedi Sentinel or a level 4 Jedi Sentinal/1 Noble he can't get those abilities.

Well actually I'm a pain in the neck when it comes down to stats!!! And therefore I hate myself, sometimes.

Force Immunities! Dude that's ... well donno what to say.

AND:

Originaly posted by Stirroret
DSP
All characters start with max 1/3 DSP your wisdom score... (min 4 DsP)

That's what you wrote in the Trader's Info Net thread!

DentArthurDent
11 September 2005, 09:08 AM
I granted them as a logic response to a Jedi training level 6 where a Jedi is specifically trained to seek out forces of darkness.
I ruled that a Jedi Sentinel level 2 - 6 - 9 - 12 - 16 - 19 - 20 gets a Force Immunity feat of his or her choice...

Why not use the well-written Sentinel rules already in place here? (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=163038#post163038) Treefrog made it a while ago, and it's quite well-done, IMO.

Uron Teff
11 September 2005, 09:27 AM
Yupp Dent!
But I think that the latest edition of the Jedi Sentinel was made by... well... someone else.

AND:
In addition to my last post here is another statement by Stirroret:

On the world of Hades, somewhere in the Unknown regions, a dark monolith has gone active, calling for those dark in heart. Calling to the dark hearts of the galaxy...

Well someone who has no DSP is not dark in his heart, IMO.

Stirroret
11 September 2005, 01:35 PM
I see your point... Skywalker, you will have to remake your character as according to the link here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=163038)

And as there are no cross-classing necessary, it would be reduced to a level 4 character.

And again you are right Uron... you have to have 1-4 DsP

/Stirr

Uron Teff
11 September 2005, 01:53 PM
I hope I haven't messed up with the GM because I were right:o

I hope that doesn't affect the close friendship between us two european neighbors, Stirroret!:D

Stirroret
11 September 2005, 01:59 PM
;) don't worry about that Uron, it would take a lot more than this to make that happen

Uron Teff
11 September 2005, 02:17 PM
Ey!
Come on Stirr!
Haven't you read the whole thread of the JEDI SENTINEL? You just picked the first edition of the sentinel. There are later editions of it in the same thread.

Well, I don't know if Stirr will take the latest edition of this class but according to my understanding of the rules and the balancing of the game I (if I would be the GM of these thread) would use the latest and mostly balanced edition of the jedi sentinel class.

Maybe I'll get stoned to death for the "if I would be the king/GM of the world/campaign"-comment. Hopefully not.

Cheers!

Stirroret
11 September 2005, 02:24 PM
I've read them and I have chosen these stats...

End of story!

Uron Teff
11 September 2005, 02:27 PM
Yeah alright! You have chosen!
Then I'm fine with it.

I suggested you picked the first class which came to your sight but as I see I was wrong.

*mental note*
Stop suggesting anything you have no approval for.

I'm sorry.

Vjerzag
11 September 2005, 11:41 PM
Just to put some more oil on fire.
HOW can Sentinel have +11/6 Attack bonus?
This is in basic rules.

Uron Teff
12 September 2005, 12:16 AM
Getting away from checking someone else's char I want to ask one more questions about skills and feats:
I was just viewing my DarkSideSourcebook as the skill Control Mind came into my sight. What abour it? Is there still a option to change the skill section of my (already posted) char?
The skill Control Mind seams to fit perfectly well for my former mindcontroling Religious leader and now by the Dark Side seduced Jedi.

Stirroret
12 September 2005, 02:53 AM
Vjerzag> As I have instructed Skywalker to remake his character according to the previously-mentioned link. He cannot...

Uron Teff>Hmmm... what skill will you trade in return (if I approve it)?

Uron Teff
12 September 2005, 04:12 AM
First of all, I don't know if I realy want to change it. That's why I just ASKED.
Second, if I change it I would trade my ranks of Illusion.

BUT:
Ater reading the Conrol Mind section properly I found out that this skil is only a alternated Force Mind skill what allows a PC/NPC with this skill to boost up the combat values of his henchmen or followers. And that's not what I had in mind as I was questioning the use of this skill.
And that's why I don't want to add/change a skill (precisely the skill Control Mind). It's a nice skill but it doesn't fit to the character concept (my char was the spiritual leader of an Order and of no Army).

AND:
Has you Stirr metioned before that every jedi has to say which Lightsaber Form he/she is traininig I just want to add:
What are Lightsaber Forms? (I haven't got the HG!) What are the merits and flaws of each Lightsaber Form? What are the prerequestions to "master" one?

Stirroret
13 September 2005, 08:37 AM
I was just wondering...

How many of you has got the Heroes Guide?

Mack Jace
13 September 2005, 08:43 AM
I do. I could also type up the stats for those who don't.

DentArthurDent
13 September 2005, 11:51 AM
I've sorta got it. I mean, I own it, but a friend of mine has been borrowing it for ....... entirely too long. I should have it back by week's end at the latest, though.

Vjerzag
13 September 2005, 05:17 PM
I have it.

boccelounge
13 September 2005, 05:32 PM
I also have access to the Hero's Guide.

My character, "Relic," will be studying Form IV. Coincidentally there is an errata for that form-- IIRC, the Dex bonus is x1 one-handed (not x1.5), and x1.5 two-handed (not x2).

And I'm DETERMINED to get my character background and final stats submitted to Stirroret tonight...

boccelounge
13 September 2005, 10:39 PM
Rel'Ssek ("Relic"): Male Human Jedi Guardian 5; Init +3 (Dex); Defense 20 (+5 class, +3 Dex, +2 defensive martial arts); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 50/14; Atk +8 melee (3d8+1/19-20, lightsaber) or +6 melee (1d4+1, unarmed); SQ Deflect (defense +1, attack -4), Increase Lightsaber Damage (3d8); SV Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +5; SZ M; FP 5; DSP 4; Rep +2; Str 12, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 10; Challenge Code C.

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Lightsaber, Archaeology Tools.

Skills: Balance +6, Craft (lightsaber) +5, Intimidate +4, Jump +4, Knowledge (Archaeology) +5, Knowledge (History) +5, Knowledge (Jedi Lore) +5, Knowledge (Sith Lore) +5, Read/Write (Basic, Cerean, Old Basic, Sith), Speak (Basic, Cerean, Old Basic, Sith), Tumble +8.

Force Skills: Affect Mind +5, Battlemind +10, Enhance Ability +10, Force Strike +8, Heal Self +8, Move Object +8.

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Martial Arts, Defensive Martial Arts, Weapon Finesse (lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Control, Lightsaber Defense, Sense.

-----

Background Story (random scenes from the life of Rel'Ssek)

4 years ago:

As the transport touched down, Relic went through his equipment pack one last time. Methodically, he checked each of his familiar and well-used tools: Whisk, brushes, and variety of trowels, stone-picks, vibro-skimmer, specimen retention cases... everything was in order. Everything was prepared. This may be yet another dustball planet and yet another fruitless dig in the dirt, but he would leave nothing to chance. He took pride in being prepared for every expedition.

Stepping off the ship, equipment bags slung over either shoulder, the Jedi Padawan Rel'Ssek realized he was far from prepared. Not for the size, the scale, the grandeur he saw before him.

This was no mere "dustball." On either side of this vast box canyon rose massive statues-- mute sentinel guardians, hewn from the hard living gray-blue granite. Nestled between each statues stood broad, dark passageways. They looked tiny, but Relic saw it was a trick of scale-- the statues had to 70, 80 meters high-- that meant the passages were at least 5 meters high. Tomb doors, he realized, GRAND tomb doors.
RELIC: Well, if nothing else, these old "Sith" seem to have been devoted to memorializing their dead... and anyone willing to build tombs like this is willing to protect them. I hope Master knows what he's getting us into.
As if on, cue Relic's Master descended from the cargo ramp. Tarr Seirr was a middle-aged Cerean, with a thick white beard and intense demeanor. His frame carried much of the stocky power of his youth, but was already thickening with age. He gazed intently around the valley for a moment, his gaze coming to rest on one of the northwestern tombs. Relic knew from experience that Tarr was looking with more than his eyes-- he was reaching out with The Force to guide his search.
TARR: There. That is where we will find the Dark Lord's tomb. Leave your bags; we will not need them until.. after.
With that the Jedi Master unhooked his lightsaber, and hilt in hand, strode purposefully toward the tomb.
RELIC: Well, apparently he knows exactly what he's getting us into... and if the Force is with us, perhaps we shall "get out" of it as well.
The young human dropped the equipment bags, adjusted his weapon belt, and jogged off to catch up with his Master...

7 years ago:

Life with a wandering Jedi explorer was never easy, and this suited Rel'Ssek. Wandering the galaxy, visiting strange and often dangerous locales, long days of digging through dusty ruins, studying ancient languages-- this was the life they lived, and the one he loved. Whatever perils his Master brought them to next, Relic was supremely confident that The Force would always be with them.

To Relic, The Force was not divided into "Light" and "Dark." This simplistic dualism was fine for shallow-minded dogmatists, but he was searching for a deeper understanding to what he called "the Question." Through Tarr's teachings, he had come to understand that The Force was life, and yet was nothing. It was like a Void, and as Master Tarr cryptically told him:
Voidness is that which stands right in the middle between this and that. The void is all-inclusive, having no opposite-- there is nothing which it excludes or opposes. It is living void, because all forms come out of it and whoever realizes the void is filled with life and power and the love of all being.
He saw the "Dark Side" other Jedi fretted over as not the "opposite" of the Force, but the enemy of all Life: Entropy, Destruction, No-Life. And also No-Void. The Dark Side was, and was not. And when Relic came to understand these teachings, if only partially, he came to be at peace with The Force, and openly skeptical of anyone who persisted in simple-minded "Light versus Dark" distinctions. He was content, for the first time in his life, suffused with the understanding that The Force encompassed All. And Nothing. This was the Question, and the Answer.

19 years ago:

But it was not always so. Relic was born on the poor backwater world of Sriluur, but his memories are sketchy. Master Tarr found him, either an orphan or a runaway, scratching an existence out of the mean streets of the Weequay world. When he left, he never looked back, and never looked for answers about his past. He devoted himself entirely to the Jedi Order, and to Tarr's teachings.

He took to both his academic and physical training with equal fervor; in fact, under Master Tarr's guidance, he began to understand that the mental and the physical were falsely divided. In his academic training, he found the keys to personal health and defense; when training his body, he found his mind more open to the wisdom of the Force. As his Master often said, "to see a thing uncolored by one's own personal preferences and desires is to see it in its own pristine simplicity."

1 year ago:

It had been a long time since he'd seen Master Tarr. The old Jedi was gone, either dead or deserted. All that mattered now was the Question, and the work. Funny, he could not remember exactly when both of these pursuits became his pursuits, rather than the goals of his Master...

He contemplated this, as he stepped over the dead and maimed body of his last attacker. His lightsaber cast a faint blue glow on the creature's face: it was twisted into a mute and eternal record of its final emotion: rage. Relic regarded the dead man for a brief moment.

What were they thinking, these foolish farmers? Attacking ME? Did they really believe they could deny me access to the Tomb of Akkar'Zannai? To attack a Jedi, and with-- what, shovels, and knives??? Fool farmers. Now there are 5 fewer fools on this miserable fool world, and 5 more families without fathers...

Thoughts of the recently dead passed from his mind as he turned his attention to the ancient dead. As Relic stepped through the pile of bodies and severed limbs, the dark shadow of the tomb entrance loomed before him, and he went down to meet it.

Appearance (http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1470&screen=0&action=search&keyword=ravan&date=&type=search)

Stirroret
14 September 2005, 01:58 AM
Mack Jace>please do.

bocce> Cool character and that is very much approved

Reg: Skywalker...(GM RULING #2)
Since Skywalker hasn't applied or even responded to my hails over the PM-system, I am forced to lock his character in quarentine until another has been submitted and approved.

I have informed him that any violation means immediate expulsion from the game.

/GM

boccelounge
14 September 2005, 12:36 PM
bocce> Cool character and that is very much approved

Thanks. It didn't really come out the way I expected it to, but I guess it isn't too bad.

I wanted to chat a bit about his Master, the Cerean Tarr Seirr.

At the end of Relic's background story, I indicate that they're no longer together. I'd even thought that Relic might have killed or somehow caused the death of Tarr. If that's the case, he doesn't consciously remember it-- denial or amnesia, I guess.

I don't know if Relic should still be traveling with Master Tarr. A lot of GMs (like me) prefer to seperate young Jedi PCs from their Masters... but I leave it up to you.

But I'm really undecided on all this, so I'd like your input.

I was assuming Tarr was just part of Relic's backstory, and wouldn't really come into the campaign. But I could write up some stats for him, if you'd like. I was thinking something like Jedi Consular 8/Jedi Master 3.

And I also don't know if Tarr was "flirting with the Dark Side" like Relic.

I prefer to leave this all undecided for now, but let me know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks.

Stirroret
14 September 2005, 11:29 PM
As the headline says... the game is ON!

DentArthurDent
15 September 2005, 10:46 AM
OOC 1: The room is large with an super-eliptic table in the middle. Four protocol droids are standing in each corner, waiting to service your every needs

................... I'm not even going to touch that one. :P Otherwise, WHEEEE!!! This sounds like fun. I love Onderon, or at least loved Onderon as presented in KotOR II. I'm not a big EU reader so I don't know too much about it otherwise.

Edit: And now I'm pissed off beyond all comprehension at my computer, because I had just spent a good 25 minutes getting a post together and it frippin' died on me.

Uron Teff
16 September 2005, 08:21 AM
Well... lets see. The HG. I think everyone except me has got it.

There are only two ways to solve this "problem":

1.) I have to buy the HG from my hard worked money (I thought I'll spend in books covering all topics of my biology scholastics.

2.) Someone can PM the Lightsaber Form stuff. Would save me money.:D

Mack Jace
17 September 2005, 04:15 AM
I'll PM you. It's the first four right?

Uron Teff
17 September 2005, 05:05 AM
Thank you!
This would save me money.
Yupp it's the first four.

Maybe next time I can do something for you, in return.

boccelounge
18 September 2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by DentArthurDent
Might I remind you all that you signed legally binding contracts to go on this 'adventure' with me with even less information than you currently possess.

I did??? Aw, crap...

;) :D

Uron Teff
18 September 2005, 09:17 AM
Contract??? CONTRACT??? And I thought it was a napkin with small characters written on. Should have sound some kind of strange as they asked me to sign on the napkin. And now you say this napkin was a contract???

BTW Syrena is learning Lightsabre Form IV.

boccelounge
18 September 2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Contract??? CONTRACT??? And I thought it was a napkin with small characters written on. Should have sound some kind of strange as they asked me to sign on the napkin. And now you say this napkin was a contract???

BTW Syrena is learning Lightsabre Form IV.
I know! I thought was a napkin too! Relic wiped his nose on it, I believe. I guess that was enough DNA to constitute a legally binding contract... ;) :D

BTW, there is an errata for Form IV; here's the correction:

Form IV Mastery allows you to apply your Dexterity bonus to your lightsaber damage (instead of your Strength bonus), or one and a half times your Dexterity bonus when wielding the lightsaber two-handed (instead of one and a half times your Strength bonus).

The original source is Jedi Counseling 66 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20050602jc66).

Uron Teff
18 September 2005, 09:37 AM
Yeah I know, for a logic person like I am [Muhahahahah8o:rolleyes::P:?] it was no big deal to count one and one together.
Remebering that I've read that a lightsager wielded two-handed does 1.5x the strenght modifier additional damage I asumed (as proven by Jedi Counseling 66) that a lightsaber wielded two-handed using the Lightsaber Form IV feat does 1.5x thedexterity modifier additional damage.
Cutting this long story short: I knew it, but thank you bocce:D

DentArthurDent
18 September 2005, 09:48 AM
Well of course it was a napkin! How else do you think I got four Force-users to join me on a quest I know nothing about? :P

boccelounge
18 September 2005, 09:03 PM
Cutting this long story short: I knew it, but thank you bocce:D
Ah, well, that's good. But the feat as written in the Hero's Guide is wrong; it gives you x1.5 one-handed and x2 two-handed-- and I didn't know if Mack or whoever's sending you the stats knew this. So I wanted to tell you now, to avoid future, uh, disappointment. And, uh... and now I'm talking like Flash. :o

Well of course it was a napkin! How else do you think I got four Force-users to join me on a quest I know nothing about? :P
Yeah, and that's a really neat part about this, in terms of meta-gaming: it's obvious you "know more" than I do, but I don't know how much the GM has told you and how much you're making up. It's very challenging (and this very fun) to play along with this.

DentArthurDent
19 September 2005, 06:56 AM
Thank you. :) I'm glad the fruits of my labors aren't going to waste. It's been quite a lot of fun writing these posts, quite honestly. I always like practicing my writing skills. :P

Uron Teff
19 September 2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by boccelounge
Ah, well, that's good. But the feat as written in the Hero's Guide is wrong; it gives you x1.5 one-handed and x2 two-handed-- and I didn't know if Mack or whoever's sending you the stats knew this. So I wanted to tell you now, to avoid future, uh, disappointment. And, uh... and now I'm talking like Flash. :o

Yeah, and that's a really neat part about this, in terms of meta-gaming: it's obvious you "know more" than I do, but I don't know how much the GM has told you and how much you're making up. It's very challenging (and this very fun) to play along with this.

First of all, I think that you bocce had written this before somewhere (maybe on this thread) and I reading every post very carefully [cough].

And I confirm your whole satement about Dent, the GM and that Dent has made a contract with the devil to get some IC information before we do.;)

No realy. The only thing I can say about this is "CONFIRMED".

Skywalker
20 September 2005, 03:44 PM
Uron, you were right. I noticed the error just recently and I haven't been able to get on lately. The link that Stirr set up won't download on my computer, but I'm pretty sure this is the copy.
NOTE: I removed the Force Mind.

Aask Malder human Jedi Sentinel 5/Noble 1; Init +3; Defense 19/21 w/ Def; Spd 10; VP/WP 49/14; Atk +11/6 3d8+2 Lightsaber or +8/3 1d3+2 unarmed or +9/4 ranged; SQ force immunities[fear, stun]; deflect [+1 Def/ -4 Att], SV Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +7; SZ M; FP 8; DSP 0; Rep +2; Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 9, Cha 12, Challenge Code D.

Force Feats: alter, burst of speed, control

(color of blade is blue, then crimson after turn to the Darkside)

My name is Aask Malder. I have been a Jedi for 5 years. The life of the Jedi is so complicated, I look at it with the utmost boredom. I long for ferocious battles, going head to head with other Jedi. This triggered a craving for power, and destruction. I have heard voices in my head, but have thought nothing of them until it happened. I was turning. I knew, but my master, Jedi Master Nute Manroy, and all the other Jedi haven’t noticed a thing. I tried to hide it, but it’s coming out, the rage and anger. It hasn’t happened yet, but it will, and I fear the worst.

Appearance: Stands 6’3” tall, has short brown hair, weighs 210 lbs. Hand crafted lightsaber that has had to be replaced 3 times in his Jedi career. He has a tunic made of a synthetic material, colored light brown and tan (mix with Obi-Wan’s and Anakin’s tunics). He is medium built with a medium muscle complexion. He has light skin and is from the planet of Coruscant. He is a very quick Jedi with fast reflexes and punishing blows with a lightsaber or his fists.

Personality: Aask Malder has a very quick temper and sometimes strikes first and asks questions later. He isn’t always merciful to the unrighteous, but he has a little trace of compassion, so he isn’t a berserk maniac. Aask Malder was discovered to be strong in the force at age 5, and was chosen as a Padawan before he turned 11. He has learned much over the years with his master Nute Manroy. He isn’t the most respectful person all the time, but he still tries. He feels that he’s slipping, and is doing everything in his power to prevent it. His master Nute Manroy is unaware of the changes going on, and acts like nothing is going on, as is to his knowledge. However, Master Manroy was severely wounded in a battle, and is no longer able to teach Aask, so he moves on, and his turn is nearly complete. He is clinging on for dear life to stay a Jedi, and that brings us here.

Oringinally posted by Stirroret

Since Skywalker hasn't applied or even responded to my hails over the PM-system, I am forced to lock his character in quarentine until another has been submitted and approved.

I got your messages and sent you some too. So here is the original character that you approved. Sorry about the delay.

Korwin Blade
20 September 2005, 09:04 PM
Not to be a Pain Skywalker, but your character can't be of a level higher than 5 th level. As you have chosen a Jedi class and the max level for them is 5 levels. So you would have to have a 4th level Jedi Sential and a 1st level noble.

Also you wouldn't be able to have more than 5 Force Points. You have 8 Force points.

All characters start with max 1/3 DSP your wisdom score... (min 4 DsP)

This is from the Trader thread were it states you have to have a minumam of 4 DarkSide Points. You have none.

This game is were all of the characters have already been tainted by the Dark Side.

And I have a question for Stirr.

He is a Jedi Sentinal/ Noble. Would he have to use the Ability points of the Noble or the Jedi.

And I would also like to see the Sentinal Class you are using.

Korwin

DentArthurDent
20 September 2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Korwin Blade

Also you wouldn't be able to have more than 5 Force Points. You have 8 Force points.

Well, technically, as soon as you take the Force Sensitive feat, you have no upper level to your Force Point pool, meaning he could have 8 if he felt like it, just the same as Palpy could have 342 if he felt like it. :P Just to clear that little bit up. As for the rest of it, I'm tired. Good night.

Korwin Blade
21 September 2005, 03:53 AM
Technically you are Right Dent about having as many as you would like.

Except for one thing. The RCR says that you get a Force Point for every level you advance. So he could only have 5 total.

As the only way to get more Force Points is for the GM to give them to you, and that is only done if you have done something Heroic. And as we haven't played yet he couldn't have them yet.

Korwin.

DentArthurDent
21 September 2005, 06:32 AM
*shrug* Meh, I'd allow it based on his class. Jedi are born to do heroic things, so having a couple extra Force Points from it wouldn't be too much of a stretch of the imagination for me. Up to the GM though, of course, and I think he had already approved it.

Korwin Blade
21 September 2005, 07:05 AM
Nope.

That is the almost the same exact character that Stirr quarantined.

I see he approved it, but it still has problems. I am wondering about the extra level. And Zero Dark Side Points.

Korwin

Stirroret
21 September 2005, 09:21 AM
After careful considerations I have decided to expel Skywalker from the game after he (once more) seemed unable or unwilling to carry out my instructions and remake a character that can approved as legite.

I did not approve the character he posted, nor did I authorize him to post it. This has caused him being expelled, effect immediately!!

I therefore ask that you will ignore any future postings from Skywalker on this thread.

Skywalker is no longer a part of this adventure...

DentArthurDent
21 September 2005, 10:12 AM
Word, homie. My mistake.

boccelounge
21 September 2005, 10:43 AM
On other topics...

One small detail I meant to ask about earlier is lightsabers. I assumed that Relic shouldn't start play with a 'saber he built himself... is that correct?

Stirroret
22 September 2005, 03:27 AM
that is correct...

Uron Teff
22 September 2005, 01:55 PM
I hope I got this right:
So none of us has build his lightsabre, yet, right?
And therefore we get the chance to build it, right?

Correct me if I am mistaken.

Oh and BTW, I don't get any notice of the ship changing its direct, do I?

Stirroret
27 September 2005, 01:05 AM
So none of us has build his lightsabre, yet, right?
I see building your own lightsaber as a major deal for both jedi and sith, so unless I have explicitally instructed or directly approved that your character has built your own lightsaber... your right.

And therefore we get the chance to build it, right?
In short... right

BTW, I don't get any notice of the ship changing its direct, do I?
well... he, he, he... read the new postings...

Stirroret
27 September 2005, 01:37 AM
Regor Ynzalez: Human Jedi Guardian 5; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Defense +17 (+5 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 60/14;
Atk+9 melee (3d8+2/19-20, Lightsaber, personal) SQ Deflect (attack -4), Deflect (defense +1), Resource Access (1/day); Increased lightsaber damage (3d8);
SV Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +5; SZ M; FP 5; DSP 4; Rep 2;
Str 14, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14, Challenge Code C.

Skills: Craft (lightsaber)+7, Intimidate+7, Knowledge (Sith lore)+7, Knowledge (Jedi lore)+7.

Force Skills: Affect Mind+8, Battlemind+8, Force Grip+8, Force Lightning+8, Heal Self+8, Move Object+8.

Feats: Ambidexterity, E W P (Lightsaber), Force Sensitive, Power Attack, Two-Weapon-Fighting, Weapon Focus (Lightsaber),
W G P (blaster pistols, simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Control, Sense

Regor was born and raised on Coruscant. His father was the head of security at Czerka Corporation. He was in a family that was well off. When he turned 5 he was sent to the Jedi Temple for training as a Jedi. He had a hard time at the temple, as he missed his parents a lot . They did come and visit 2 or 3 times a year. Mostly on his birthday and a holiday or two.

When he was old enough he was chosen by Master Rio Revass to be his Padawan. This is when he started really enjoying being a Jedi as he didn’t have to be at the temple all the time. And his master showed him the Galaxy outside of the Temple and Coruscant. He even became more in tune with the force than ever before.

While he was away from Coruscant he received word that his parents had been killed in some kind of accident. After his assignment off he returned home and started his own investigation of this “Accident” and found that he had a cousin who’s father had been assassinated, around the time of his fathers supposed “Accident”. Not long after he found out about his cousin and there fathers connection, he and Master Revass were assigned to look in to the assassination of Drayk Delus I.

During this assignment he was able to became acquainted with his cousin Drayk Delus II. Just as they were getting somewhere the Jedi Council pulled him and his master off the assignment saying that is was an internal Czerka problem and the council couldn’t become involved in such matters. Well Regor wasn’t about to do that so he continued to investigate the assassination, and durning this time his master was killed by Arnaz Thelos’s private army. After this happened he was called back to the Jedi Temple and was asked to leave and turn in his barrowed lightsabre. It didn’t matter to him as his master had been killed. Besides his cousin had offered him a job at Czerka, so he didn’t care.

While going through his master’s belongings he found a holocron. Later he found out it to be a Sith Holocron. He even took his masters Lightsabre as his own.

Stirroret
27 September 2005, 01:39 AM
Since Skywalker has been booted from the game, it leaves one spot open. Korwin Blade has joined instead filling his spot.

Welcome aboard Korwin...

Now if you would just PM me (the rest of you) so I know who is still onboard and who is not

/Stirr

Uron Teff
27 September 2005, 03:36 AM
Welcome abord Korwin the sithest group ever played by man.:D

P.S.: Well do I have to PM the GM even though I have wrote this post and confirmed that I'm still a part of this campaign???

boccelounge
27 September 2005, 05:30 AM
Yes, welcome Korwin. :)

I'm definitely on board, and looking forward to it... but I couldn't help notice that Relic was left out of Stirroret's latest post (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=235585#post235585).

Did they run out of protocol droids? ;)

Korwin Blade
27 September 2005, 06:19 AM
Thanks everyone!!!

I have to tell a story.

I am not sure how most of you make a character. But when I make one I say ok I am going to play a Soldier/Pilot. But that is all I do. I never come up with a background or were he or she is from. I just make the character and then figure it out from there.

But this time around I came up with who he was and where he was. Before I even rolled any dice or spent any skill points. And I just want to say thanks to all of you as I believe you all had a part in my development as a better player and GM.

And most times I have a hard time coming up with a name but this one came easy. See if you can figure it out as it is an Authors Name.

And I hope we have fun in this game.

Korwin.

DentArthurDent
27 September 2005, 09:53 AM
Of course I'm still in :P And I pity da foo' who isn't. And who doesn't drink his milk. Word. Anyways, I've only had the chance to make a couple posts, and I'm already enjoying this character more than any other one I've ever played. He's just so.......... me, I guess. Or rather, what I'd love to be :D

Uron Teff
27 September 2005, 02:20 PM
bocce are we in the same corridor?

boccelounge
27 September 2005, 02:25 PM
bocce are we in the same corridor?

Uh, sure!

I think maybe that Relic is "right around the bend" from your character, and headed her way.

Uron Teff
27 September 2005, 03:51 PM
Well aczually I hope he hears her shouting.

Uron Teff
28 September 2005, 04:45 AM
I hate to be a nit-picker but how the hell could relic see the lightsaber? He sould have only seen the the handle.

But I don't care anymore. What is written is done.
So don't listen to this post.:D

boccelounge
28 September 2005, 06:17 AM
I hate to be a nit-picker but how the hell could relic see the lightsaber? He sould have only seen the the handle.

But I don't care anymore. What is written is done.
So don't listen to this post.:D

I was assuming that Relic walked around the corner while Syrena was "threatening" the droid (nice scene, by the way).

And maybe my IC post was too subtle: Relic isn't actually saying he'd take her 'saber. He just wants to find out more about her.

All this talk about "proficiency" is actually Relic being sly... what he's really thinking is "I don't believe your really just a 'priestess'... you wield the blade like you've been Jedi-trained... "

And that's what he's really trying to figure out. ;)

Uron Teff
28 September 2005, 06:33 AM
Well Syrenas point is that non of you had said
'Well I'm a jedi but I don't care what the Jedi Counsil is saying.'
...actually Relic hasn't said it.

And another point is that there is at least one jedi sent by the counsil to investigate (as Syrena thinks) and to help Drayk.

How could Syrena know that you wouldn't take the lightsaber from her. Your a Jedi keeper of peace and justice and of their own status quo.

boccelounge
28 September 2005, 06:51 AM
Well Syrenas point is that non of you had said
'Well I'm a jedi but I don't care what the Jedi Counsil is saying.'
...actually Relic hasn't said it.

And another point is that there is at least one jedi sent by the counsil to investigate (as Syrena thinks) and to help Drayk.

How could Syrena know that you wouldn't take the lightsaber from her. Your a Jedi keeper of peace and justice and of their own status quo.

Oh, I completely agree with you. There's no way she could know Relic was only testing her...

And I did this intentionally... Relic wanted to make here a little nervous, and see if her reaction revealed anything about her "mysterious" background.

But then I decided to tell you OOC what his real intentions are... and here they are!

EDIT: This is me trying to figure out exactly how to role-play Relic...

I think that he knows the Jedi Order considers all "Rogue Jedi" to be a potential threat, one that must be watched and, if need be, fought. I'm jsut assuming this is "standard" Jedi wisdom and policy.

And, OOC, I personally agree with the Order.

But IC, Relic isn't so sure... he knows the Council is usually right about stuff like this, but he's got a bit of a "rogue" streak himself. So he'd take a more neutral approach to Rogue Jedi, I think. As long as they seemed to be no threat to him, or any nearby innocents, Relic would "live and let live."

Make sense? I'm sort of figuring all this out as I type it-- still trying to figure out how Relic's mind works, and how to work him into the evolving storyline...

Uron Teff
28 September 2005, 06:57 AM
Well maybe...
Maybe at the lunchtable in the ships mess we have the opportunity to talk about past events. Actually this was the cause why I asked Relic to join Syrena to breakfast.
And the fact that she wants to know what you/Relic think about this whole situation (get called by Drayk Dehlus II and the mentioning of artefacts and some religious stuff).

DentArthurDent
28 September 2005, 01:32 PM
Just in case someone is old enough to get this one:

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uron Teff
28 September 2005, 01:45 PM
Well there are many Khans. But I would tend to say you mean Star Trek: THe Wrath of Khan.

But you could also mean a film called The Shadow with Alec Baldwin as Shadow and let me think... the antagonist was called Shiwan Khan.

One of my favorite movies!

DentArthurDent
28 September 2005, 11:48 PM
Pssshh, the only time I've ever liked a Baldwin in a movie is when Alec played Jack Ryan in Hunt for Red October.

Korwin Blade
5 October 2005, 06:52 AM
Hey

Does anyone know what happened to Stirroret?

He seems to have gone inactive as of late.

Korwin.

boccelounge
5 October 2005, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Korwin Blade
Hey

Does anyone know what happened to Stirroret?

He seems to have gone inactive as of late.

Korwin.

Yeah... I wish I knew, Korwin. Hope everything's OK with the guy.

Uron Teff
5 October 2005, 07:06 AM
He hasn't posted since the 28th of September...
I hope he's alright.
But if he has abandoned this game, I'll drive through Germany over the border and search him in whole Denmark. But I hope he hasn't abandoned this game. Would safe me a lot of money:D

DentArthurDent
5 October 2005, 07:09 AM
I was thinking about asking that exact question yesterday. Hope he gets back soon.

Stirroret
6 October 2005, 09:12 PM
Back in business...

I "just" got swamped with work for a while there. One has to eat after all ;)

But in my line of work (an actor/musician) you take the jobs you can get WHEN they come... however they usually come with fair warning. BUT after all I landed the part of "Javert" in Les Miserable (the Musical)... so I guess it was worth it...

boccelounge
6 October 2005, 09:44 PM
Back in business...

I "just" got swamped with work for a while there. One has to eat after all ;)

But in my line of work (an actor/musician) you take the jobs you can get WHEN they come... however they usually come with fair warning. BUT after all I landed the part of "Javert" in Les Miserable (the Musical)... so I guess it was worth it...

Well, congrats, welcome back, and... no that's pretty much it. ;)

DentArthurDent
6 October 2005, 09:50 PM
Dude, Les Mis is super-freaking awesome! Congrats on that and welcome back and, uhhh, were have you been, young man? bocce has been worried sick about you! :P

Uron Teff
7 October 2005, 03:51 AM
Thank the Maker, he's still alive....
*mumbling to himself*
Now I don't have to do a research about ol' Stirroret and there is no nrrd for me to travel to Denmark. This saved me a lot f money and time.;)

*speaking out loud again*
Good to have you back Stirroret:D

boccelounge
7 October 2005, 08:05 AM
bocce has been worried sick about you! :P

It's true: night sweats, blurred vision, ulcers, morning nausea... you don't realize how tough it's been...

Or, it were all that whiskey.

Uron Teff
14 October 2005, 02:41 PM
Hm,
I guess Stirr has loads of stuff to do. And I know that RL comes first in any way. I'm just hoping, after some days without Stirr posts, that you'll be soon back.
Furthermore I just tried to get some attention.:D

Korwin Blade
17 October 2005, 11:47 AM
I think Stirr must be busy still.

I did make a post so if he was waiting for me he can post now.