PDA

View Full Version : Notice of Possible Impending Fanfic.

PsychoInfiltrator
4 September 2005, 03:11 PM
I'm considering writing a fanfic based on an ARC Commander and his reaction to Order 66. However, unlike my first fanfic, drowning in a sea of self writing into corners and lack of support, I intend to test the waters. Partially because I want to see if it is worth the extra work piled onto school, and partially because I want to see if anyone would actually READ it.

VixenofVenus
4 September 2005, 04:08 PM
I'd be interested ... sounds like an interesting start.

I read a bit of the fanfic on this site ... but it hasta be a compelling story for me to really read the whole thing. But I think you've got a good start ... If you're worried about what ppl will think of it ... just try to develop the idea a bit more (if you haven't already).

I assume you're going to take the stance that because of the "more independant thought" inherent in the ARC troopers cloning that this particular trooper will possibly *NOT* wish to follow this order as a part of him is probably compelled to do. But unlike a "standard" clone, he will have the ability to resist the Chancellor/Emperor's orders ...

If I were you, I'd also add a personal relationship with a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master. If only so he has something driving the desire to *NOT* follow Order 66.

PM me if you want some more advice or just to bounce ideas off of! :)

Darklighter
4 September 2005, 07:50 PM
My advice? Write it because you want to write it. Write it because it is something you feel compelled to lay down in black and white. Don't leave it in the hands of invisible people. Write driven by your desire to do so. Or don't bother.

You absolutely cannot approach writing by trying to figure out whether or not people want to hear it, or read it, or whether or not what you want to write will please the masses. Write what you need to write. Get it down. Worry about the rest later.

Rather than posting your poll, the real question you need to ask is, "How much do I want to explore this idea?"

That's the pivotal question, and none of us can answer it for you.

Best of luck.

- Darklighter

VixenofVenus
4 September 2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
Rather than posting your poll, the real question you need to ask is, "How much do I want to explore this idea?"

Very true ... Darklighter speaks the truth he does.

hehe :p

PsychoInfiltrator
5 September 2005, 02:37 PM
Ah-well you see, darklighter, I AM developing ARC Commander Radan, I AM making a story, I AM developing this idea, I AM doing this, and I REALLY want to. The question is do I do it on paper-or like so many other stories, like Silenced.-in my head. THAT is what I really want to know. Writing it down is the part that requires some 'incentive' in the form of interest.

And yes, Radan will be independant minded, and yes, Jedi will be involved-though not necessarily on the angle VoV is aiming for. Radan serves the Republic above all.

And yes, I think I have a proofreader. And no, there are still proofreader spot(s) open.

In Other Words, YES I think I will write it.
NO, I do not know exactly when.
And YES, soon is preferred.

And yes, I will try to avoid this post format later on.;)

PsychoInfiltrator
1 January 2006, 01:31 PM
After way too long, the first words were typed several days ago.

And yes, I could still use another proofreader. ;)

Slave_1
3 January 2006, 08:23 AM
Been away from this site for too long... I hate the holidays LOL :)

Originally posted by Darklighter
My advice? Write it because you want to write it. Write it because it is something you feel compelled to lay down in black and white. Don't leave it in the hands of invisible people. Write driven by your desire to do so. Or don't bother.

I have to agree :)

PsychoInfiltrator
5 January 2006, 07:30 AM
I am writing it because I want to.

I just have a proofreader/look-over story guy (editor) so my writing is as good as it can be.

BTW: Writing the Prologue as a story is much more fun then just writing the events in it. It takes longer, but it's not like I have a deadline, so I don't really care! I love Christmas Break!

PsychoInfiltrator
11 February 2006, 05:37 AM
I'd jsut liek you all to know-including my editor-that the story is progressing on my comp, a bit sloer than I'd like, but this prologue will probably be quite long by the time I'm done. Well, long for me, anyways.