PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Knights of the New Jedi Order

Drendar Morevo
4 September 2005, 04:33 PM
This stems from the Jedi/Lightsaber thread earlier... I will be Co-GMing. At this point with the slowness of Tempest this might actually be easy, but as I've learned GMing, nothing is ever easy.

To make sure everyone is a 'Knight' Starting Level is Seventh.

Force Classes only.

EDIT. Ok fine, yeah I'm an impatient bucket of sithspit, options such as starting level can be changed, I'm sorry.

VixenofVenus
4 September 2005, 09:26 PM
Ok ... I've got me a problem ...

I'd love to play Mari Byian a.k.a. Darth Vixen a.k.a. Vixen of Venus a.k.a. Empress Vixen a.k.a. Project Venus ... in this game ... but according to her storyline, she's basically about 3 years old (but appears 18-20 and has the mental capacity of one that old or older) around the time of the Liberation of Kashyyyk.

While the age isn't a problem ... what is a problem is that according to the storyline, she was named a Dark Lord of the Sith at this time. But if we're going to play a few years later, I would expect she'd be a bit higher in level ...

I don't have any of her stats or my books with me right now ... but I will be getting them tomorrow. But if I remember correctly, at this time when she was last used in a campaign (GM character), she was Level 10 ... however, I think that's probably unreasonable for this game ... and I could lower her to Level 7 or 8.

But also, she has a travelling companion / love interest who, more importantly, acts as her conscience at most times ... because while she has turned to the Light side of the Force, and begun following Skywalker's instructions, she still possesses several Dark Side Points (how many I can't remember) ... and Markus (the companion Jedi Trainee / love interest) is who keeps her from falling again.

It's an interesting dynamic that I would love to bring into this game, but if it's not cool with you ... that's fine ... but Vixen will probably end up killing the entire party without Markus (just being honest!).

My absolute "Best Scenario" would be to play with Vixen at around 9th Level, with Marcus at around 5th Level.

Just for a quick summary of who/what Vixen is (in case you haven't read the old fanfic I posted like ... 2 years ago):

Project Venus was started by Palpatine and Vader just prior to EpV. Venus was an attempt at Palpatine creating the perfect bride for himself: beautiful, physically capable, intelligent, and powerful in the Force. He and Vader collected genetic samples from hundreds of Jedi and Sith (including Palpatine and Vader), and took them to a secret facility where a Dr. Byian used his cloning / genetic knowledge to create a quick-learning, fast-growing, baby girl. However, when Byian learned that she was to become the wife of the Emperor, and he was a secret Rebel spy, he stole the girl and hid her, destroying the secret facility and all the genetic samples they'd collected - many irreplaceable.

He hid the girl, which he named Mari, for around two years and watched her grow and learn to the age of 13. Around that time, she felt pulled into the forests of Dantooine, where she found a black holocron, a Sith holocron. The holocron instructed her secretly in the arts of the Dark Side and the Sith ways. Over the next year, she grew in vast power and knowledge. When she was roughly 16 in appearance, she interrogated and killed Byian and left, only to shortly find that during her secluded upbringing, her future husband had been killed by Skywalker aboard the Death Star II. She vowed to find and kill Skywalker.

In the fanfic I posted ... there was a three-way battle which ended up with Vixen losing an arm, Markus losing a part of his shoulder, and Vixen deciding to turn back to the Light ... but I've wanted to change the ending of that fanfic FOR SO LONG ... I had horrible writers block at the end and just couldn't write anymore ... but everyone wanted it ... so I just ended it. But I want to do a rewrite which will still leave her ending up with a cybernetic left arm, Markus with a wounded shoulder (it's not as strong as his other arm), and Vixen not truly turned from the Dark Side completely.

When I get my books tomorrow and her stats, I can give you a better idea of what I am talking about ...

Lucas Carr
4 September 2005, 09:51 PM
I have similar problems with my Jedi. First of all he was born 453 years before the Battle of Yavin, but his age isn't the problem as Dorgh live a very long time. The problem is that by NJO he would have a lot more than 20 levels.

Secondly, Dorgh is a powerful homemade race. And even with the measure I've taken for balance, that measure really only have any real effect at lower levels. But if that isn't a problem, I could create one of his descendants.

PsychoInfiltrator
5 September 2005, 05:26 AM
I say here post the Dorgh. Let us see what it is, what it isn't, and balance it to make it work.

And I vote level increase to Ten-VoV's char and Valin most definately fit that levle thing, and LC's char can probly be made into lv 10 as a descendant. The other chars I'm not sure about.

Drendar Morevo
5 September 2005, 05:49 AM
Right... Starting level is boosted to 10.

I THINK we can do a workaround of the whole markus thing... Make him a level six.

Lucas Carr... can you make him into a descendant?

Lucas Carr
5 September 2005, 11:55 AM
Physical Appearance: Look like humans with Elven ears.

Dorgh Species Traits
* A Dorgh’s total XP-2,000 determines his level (after first level)
* Dex +3, Con +2, Int +1, Wis +2, Cha +3
* Medium Size: As Medium Size creatures, Dorghs have no bonus or penalty due to their size
* Dorgh base speed is 10 meters
* Force Sensitive Dorgh spend Force Points as if 3 levels higher
* +3 Species bonus to Will saving throws
* Dorgh learns languages twice as fast as normal
* +4 Species bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Entertain, Intimidate
* Extended Lifespan: Adult Dorgh age 32 times slower then humans, while younger Dorgh age four times slower then humans
* +5 Vitality Points
* Sixth Sense: +2 Species bonus to Defense
* Some have Free Force Sensitive Feat
* There are rumors that Dorgh have access to much better technology then the galaxy at large

It doesn't matter if the rumor is true or not since it won't affect the game either way.

And I wouldn't have a problem with making my character into a descendant.

Drendar Morevo
5 September 2005, 01:00 PM
That's a balanced species... because?

Lucas Carr
5 September 2005, 02:11 PM
I didn't say it was a "balanced species", I said it was a powerful homemade species and that I had taken "some measure for balance" but that that measure only had any "real effect at lower levels". If it had been a balanced species we wouldn't be worrying about it.

PsychoInfiltrator
5 September 2005, 02:19 PM
Here's my more balanced look at it.

Dorgh Species Traits
* A Dorgh’s total XP-4,000 determines his level (after first level)
* Dex +2, Con +0, Int +0, Wis +0, Cha +2
* Medium Size: As Medium Size creatures, Dorghs have no bonus or penalty due to their size
* Dorgh with any force-user level spend Force Points as if 2 levels higher
* +1 Species bonus to Will saving throws
* +1 Species bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Entertain, Intimidate
* Extended Lifespan: Adult Dorgh age 32 times slower then humans, while younger Dorgh age four times slower then humans
* Sixth Sense: +1 Species bonus to Defense
* Free Force Sensitive Feat
* There are rumors that Dorgh have access to much better technology then the galaxy at large
*Starting Languages-speak/read/write Dorghese
*Dorghs are so familiar with advanced technology that they do not work well with primitive technology. Dorgh's take an additional -4 penalty (on top of penalties for lack of proficiency) on all attacks with Simple and Primitive Weapons if they do not have the appropriate weapon proficiency. If they do, Dorghs take a -2 penalty. Any weapon that a Dorgh has Weapon Focus with is not subject to either penalty. In addition, when interacting with any individual with the SQ Primitive, they take a -2 on all Charisma based skills, as well as Sense Motive. In addition, Dorgh take a -4 penalty on Sense Motive checks to spot feints with Simple or Primitive weapons wielded by individuals with the SQ Primitive.

Well, what do you think? I took a nugget of info and ran with it, but also lessened bonuses. I consider these Dorgh stats mostly balanced-they are good in a technological arena, but suffer major penalties in a primitive area.

Lucas Carr
5 September 2005, 02:38 PM
It's not up to me to say if this is "balanced" or not. I'll just comment that their language is called Dorgh and that I assume you meant to include Basic as a starting language too.

PsychoInfiltrator
5 September 2005, 02:43 PM
I'll just comment that their language is called Dorgh and that I assume you meant to include Basic as a starting language too.

Dorgh it is. And I did not mean to include Basic as a starting language. Very few species get multiple languages, and I think the Dorgh are leaning towards TGTBT even still, so I say sac a lang by getting Basic. Its a small price to pay for a custom species and most standard species pay it anyways.

VixenofVenus
5 September 2005, 08:58 PM
Ok ... concerning my really complicated Vixen again ...

Are we going to be using STANDARD, by-the-book, rules for Dark Side Points?

I ask because I'd like to play her as an On-The-Edge, constantly attoning, but still light-side Jedi (former Sith). To facilitate that, I'd like to nominate that we use the ALTERNATE Dark Side Point rules ... I can't remember who wrote them ... I've got em on file, but they were either written by JD Wiker, somebody here, or maybe even me ... I've used them alot because they're much more realistic and themed like the movies ... here they are (in the format of the Standard Rules found in Chapter 9: The Force of the RCRB):

Gaining Dark Side Points
- Using a Force Point to call upon the Dark Side.
- Using a Force Point in Anger.
- Performing an evil act. *
- Using a dark side Force-based skill or feat. **

* Only acts that are considered extremely evil, such as terror attacks, unprovoked and premeditated murder / injury, or murder / injury of a person who has requested to be handed over to the appropriate courts system / requested to make reparations (if no courts have jurisdiction).
** The exception to this rule is, Dark Side Force-based skills and feats may be used a number of times per day equal to the character's current Dark Side Points before gaining more Dark Side Points.

If I remember, when I first started using this Dark Side system, I really liked it, because it made sense ... I mean, if you use the current system, Vader would have like a million or more DSPs! Plus, this system will let Vixen use a few Dark Side powers without everyone in the party worrying she'll fall again (OOC), while (IC) they will worry, especially Markus who is essentially her Padawan (although the term has been lost by the time of NJO).

My characters coming soon ... just needed to know about this though ... cause it will change her playstyle a bit ... otherwise she'd probably go Dark Side pretty quick. But ... to reassure, I won't be using the Dark Side ALL that much, just a bit for playstyle.

Lucas Carr
5 September 2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator

Dorgh it is. And I did not mean to include Basic as a starting language. Very few species get multiple languages, and I think the Dorgh are leaning towards TGTBT even still, so I say sac a lang by getting Basic. Its a small price to pay for a custom species and most standard species pay it anyways.

Of the 17 species in the RCR only Ewoks and Gamorreans don't know Basic from the beginning. So in my experience most species do have two languages, and that's why I asked.

Besides, the RCR say that all characters know Basic.

VixenofVenus
5 September 2005, 09:38 PM
Regardless of the GM ruling on the Dark Side Point question ... here is Vixen ... in all her glory.

As she was genetically engineered, her Six Stats WERE higher, but I figured an UBER-Villain from a campaign isn't exactly a character ... plus I had to subtract some levels (5) ...

Unlike many stat blocks, I total up the modifiers and everything, it's easier for me that way ... so the attacks have Base + Ability + Modifiers that always apply (mastercraft, weapon focus, etc) and the same for skills. I assumed that since we're starting at 10th, we get 10th level starting funds (ala Hero's Guide) ... most of mine went towards a new arm for the gal ... so she doesn't fall over. Also, since the arm gives her bonuses on melee attacks, I listed them seperately. Most of the time, she favors her left (real) arm, but switches when needed.

Vixen of Venus: Human Jedi Guardian 5 / Jedi Weapons Master 5; Init +3 (Dex); Defense 21/25 (+8 class, +3 Dex/+4 Lightsaber Defense—when wielding Lightsaber); DR 0; Spd 10 m; VP/WP 93/18; Atk +13/+8 melee (1d3+3, unarmed) or +17/+12 melee (1d3+7, right arm unarmed) or +16/+11 melee (5d8+3/17-20, lightsaber) or +20/+15 melee (5d8+7/17-20, right arm lightsaber) or +14/+9 ranged (3d8/20, DL-18 blaster pistol); SV Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +8; FP 11; DSP 5; Rep +4; Str 16, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 17, Wis 15, Cha 15.
SQ: Force Points used though three levels higher; Skywalkers get Force-Sensitive feat free and ignore the “Force Level 1st prerequisite when selecting the Force feats Control, Sense, and Alter; Deflect (defense +2); Deflect (attack -3); Increased Lightsaber Damage (+3d8); Weapon Mastery (Devastating Strike); Weapon Mastery (Superior Weapon Focus).
Skills Totals: +6 Bluff, +3 Climb, +6 Computer Use, +7 Craft (lightsaber), +8 Intimidate, +3 Jump, +7 Knowledge (Sith lore), +4 Knowledge (Jedi lore), +5 Knowledge (Genetics), +5 Pilot, +9 Tumble.
Force Skills Totals: +5 Affect Mind, +12 Battlemind, +8 Drain Energy, +3 Empathy, +10 Enhance Ability, +4 Enhance Senses, +4 Farseeing, +10 Fear, +7 Force Defense, +8 Force Grip, +7 Force Lightning, +7 Force Stealth, +3 Force Strike, +2 Friendship, +3 Heal Another, +5 Heal Self, +15 Illusion, +8 Move Object, +7 See Force, +3 Telepathy.
Feats: Force Sensitive, Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, simple weapons), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Combat Expertise, Weapon Focus (lightsaber), Power Attack, Sunder, Improved Disarm, Ambidexterity, Improved Critical.
Force Feats: Sense, Control, Alter, Lightsaber Defense, Knight Defense.
Equipment: Lightsaber*, Custom Duplicate Cybernetic Advanced Arm (Ion Shielded, +4 Strength), BlasTech DL-18 Blaster Pistol (Mastercraft +1), Crozo Industrial Products 3-Mal Personal Comlink, 30 Adventure Hiker & Hunter Ration Packs, Alliwon Electronics Vennoc-X Chronomiter, Credit Chip (1,450 credits), Field Kit.
*Vixen has constructed the lightsaber herself and gains a +1 circumstance bonus on attack rolls with the weapon.

Markus's stats are coming, he's less complicated and takes much less time.

EDIT: Typo on the DL-18's crit threat range ... I fixed it.

VixenofVenus
5 September 2005, 10:38 PM
Ok ... here's Markus ...

Markus Alkesh: Human Scoundrel 3 / Jedi Guardian 3; Init +3 (Dex); Defense 18 (+5 class, +3 Dex); DR 5; Spd 8 m; VP/WP 50/15; Atk +7 melee (1d3+2, unarmed) or +8 melee (2d8+2/19-20, lightsaber) or +9 ranged (3d8+3/19-20, T-6 “Thunderer” heavy blaster pistol); SV Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +5; FP 7; DSP 2; Rep +2; Str 14, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 14.
SQ: Illicit Barter; Lucky (1/day); Precise Attack +1; Deflect (Defense +1); Deflect (Attack -3).
Skills Totals: +2 Appraise, +5 Astrogate, +2 Bluff, +2 Climb, +5 Computer Use, +6 Craft (lightsaber), +5 Demolitions, +5 Disable Device, +3 Gamble, +3 Gather Information, +6 Hide, +2 Intimidate, +2 Jump, +4 Knowledge (Jedi lore), +5 Knowledge (Streetwise), +4 Knowledge (Tactics), +5 Listen, +6 Move Silently, +8 Pilot, +5 Repair, +5 Search, +5 Sleight of Hand, +5 Spot, +7 Tumble.
Force Skills Totals: +5 Battlemind, +3 Empathy, +7 Enhance Ability, +3 Enhance Senses, +5 Farseeing, +2 Fear, +6 Force Defense, +9 Force Stealth, +7 Heal Self, +6 See Force, +5 Telepathy.
Feats: Force Sensitive, Armor Proficiencies (light & medium), Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols & simple weapons), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Weapon Finess (lightsaber).
Force Feats: Control, Sense.
Equipment: BlasTech T-6 “Thunderer” Heavy Blaster Pistol (Mastercraft +1), Lightsaber, Padded Battle Armor (Mastercraft +1), All-Temperature Cloak, Comlink, Credit Chip (1,350 Credits), Datapad, 4 Liquid Cable Dispensors, 4 Power Packs, Tool Kit, Field Kit.

See ... much less complicated ... no longwinded explanations!

DarionA'res
6 September 2005, 05:37 AM
I'll bring in Darion here. I'd have to figure out exactly what he is, but I know at this point he would have been a full fledged Twi'leki Jedi Redeemer. I'll get ya more details on him later. I gotta get ready for work and everything.

Darth Fierce
6 September 2005, 09:22 AM
I would love to have Dehana Voi in this game too, except that the way I originally envisioned her, she would be a Lvl 6 Jedi Consular/ Lvl 4 Jedi Guardian/ Lvl 3 Scoundrel by the time of the NJO or post-NJO era. In addition, she would be about 60 years old in such a game. Perhaps I could get rid of her Jedi Guardian levels if I was allowed to give her one more level of Consular, and keep her three levels of scoundrel. What do you think?

Darth Fierce :vader:

Corr Terek
6 September 2005, 10:06 AM
I'll have Renn's stats up later today. Starting level can be up to 10, correct?

Lucas Carr
6 September 2005, 12:10 PM
This is supposed to be NJO, but what year is it?

PsychoInfiltrator
6 September 2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Lucas Carr

(B)Of the 17 species in the RCR only Ewoks and Gamorreans don't know Basic from the beginning. So in my experience most species do have two languages, and that's why I asked.

(A)Besides, the RCR say that all characters know Basic.

A) It most certainly does not say that, (I think you misread it) and more importantly it most definately is not true.
Even in the actual SW universe. Think about it-why use a translator droid if nigh everyone knows Basic? Most characters and SW people learn Basic-but not everybody. The keyword is learn.

B) Go read the Ultimate Alien Anthology. 15 Is definately not most when you are looking at a list of more than 180 plus those in web supplements. And as I recall, at least a couple of those species in the RCR are restatted in the Ultimate Alien Anthology to not get Basic by default.

With Regards,
Psych.

PS: I'm not actually pissed off. (Though I can understand why someone might think I am) I'm just correcting some incorrect statements and assertions.

PPS: Almost done statting Valin. Anyone know what Force Flight and the various lightsaber forms do off the top of their head? and the requirements for the lightsaber forms? Just in case, iy'll save me a phone call. (No HG on hand.)

VixenofVenus
6 September 2005, 02:45 PM
Any answer on my "Dark Side Rules" question, posted above?

I'd also like to know what year this campaign will be starting in ... so I can write up some stuff about what Vixen & Markus have been doing since the Liberation of Kashyyyk, which is where Vixen's story leaves off ...

PsychoInfiltrator
6 September 2005, 03:00 PM
I'd like to hear ANTHING about the setting-especially seeing as I think I'm Co-GMing it with Drendar...Drendar, about that, maybe we should try PMing each other...

PS: Dredn, I hate to say it, (not really), but you are HotShot QM again. Shall I give another bunch of sucking up and complements again too?;)

Corr Terek
6 September 2005, 03:04 PM
Grr...I had Renn all statted up, and then when I went to upload him here, my computer had the gall to tell me it couldn't find his file. I'll be a little longer.

Once we have a year definitely stated I can tell who Renn is and what he's been up to. At the moment I'm leaning toward making him one of Master Eelysa's (sp?) former students, much like Saba Sabatyne and Izal Walz.

Lucas Carr
6 September 2005, 03:50 PM
I'm not talking about the Alien Anthology, I'm talking about RCR. And in the RCR 15 out of 17 Species have Basic as an automatic language. And 15 is most out of 17. On page 22 under the heading Species and Language, it most certainly does say that all characters know Basic.

The only time, that I recall, a translation droid has been used in the movies to translate from Basic was at Jabba's court. But from Jabba's conversation with Solo we know that he knows Basic and as with Chewie just because you understand a language, doesn't mean you can speak it.

PS. The statements and assertions were correct from the beginning.

PPS. Just like the rules say that fighting with two weapons have a certain penalty, we know that there are exceptions to that rule because of the Ambidexterity and Two Weapon Fighting feats. I say it's the same thing with language, as shown with Ewoks and Gamorreans not getting Basic as an automatic language.

VixenofVenus
6 September 2005, 08:11 PM

Dorgh Species Traits
* A Dorgh’s total XP-4,000 determines his level (after first level)
* Dex +2, Con +0, Int +0, Wis +0, Cha +2
* Dorgh with any force-user level spend Force Points as if 2 levels higher
* +1 Species bonus to Will saving throws
* +1 Species bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Entertain, Intimidate
* Sixth Sense: +1 Species bonus to Defense
* Free Force Sensitive Feat
*Starting Languages-speak/read/write Dorghese
*Dorghs are so familiar with advanced technology that they do not work well with primitive technology. Dorgh's take an additional -4 penalty (on top of penalties for lack of proficiency) on all attacks with Simple and Primitive Weapons if they do not have the appropriate weapon proficiency. If they do, Dorghs take a -2 penalty. Any weapon that a Dorgh has Weapon Focus with is not subject to either penalty. In addition, when interacting with any individual with the SQ Primitive, they take a -2 on all Charisma based skills, as well as Sense Motive. In addition, Dorgh take a -4 penalty on Sense Motive checks to spot feints with Simple or Primitive weapons wielded by individuals with the SQ Primitive.

This species is uber! A +4 to Abilities with no negatives, a Species bonus to Defense, Free Force Sensitive feat, extended lifespan, bonuses to skills and saves, and you get to use FP as if 2 levels higher ... and the only negatives to the species are they are unfamiliar with Simple and Primitive weapons and they take a -4000 xp penalty ... oh, and you have to acquire Basic as a language.

I sure hope nobody's complaining about this species, cause it's uber! Not that uber is bad. But I guess the argument about languages is getting a little out of hand. Who cares? With an intelligence of at least 12, you get one free speak/read/write language! Choose BASIC! Problem solved.

This message has been brought to you by the Ford Motor Corporation (http://www.ford.com/) ... /cue commercial/

VixenofVenus
6 September 2005, 10:25 PM
Hey all, I just thought I’d help out our CO-GMs and the rest of us who’d love to know who all is playing and their characters, before we get started, so … here is the list, so far as I can tell:

Our Co-GMs – And Their Characters
Drendar Morevo – Drendar Morevo
PsychoInfiltrator – Valin Darkslayer

Player Name – Character Name
VixenofVenus – Vixen of Venus & Markus Alkesh
Lucas Carr – Giron
DarionA’res – Darion
Darth Fierce – Dehana Voi
Corr Terek – Renn
Darth Bile – Galen Knight *
Hteba Zile – Liv Moritori
* Getting help from Drendar converting his character to d20.

So … I’m not sure if the GM’s have decided they are bringing their characters into this game, but I’m guessing they are :) Also, I took this information from the two different threads, and I am posting it in BOTH threads, but from now on, if you intend to play in the game, please only post in the OOC Knights of the New Jedi Order thread, so we stop hijacking this thread, which is not in the Roleplaying Forum.

And, for our Co-GM’s, I believe we have two questions, one for me alone (prolly), and one almost everyone wants to know:

1. What year are we starting the game at?
2. (And for me) Do you approve the modified Dark Side Point rules I posted?

Comment: If you can’t tell, as a person who is almost ALWAYS a GM/DM, I’m completely excited, psyched, and anxious to play in this game, because I never get to be a player. Plus the whole prospect of a rather Jedi-centric game with Vixen & Markus in it just sounds like trouble waiting to happen … which of course sound fun! hehe

Korwin Blade
7 September 2005, 01:32 AM
I think if it is suppose to be a race that is like elves then they should have a -2 at least to Constiution. As most of the elves in most of the games I have ever played have that as a constant.

And I agree that Psycho version is powerful, but not as Umber as the one done by Lucas Carr.

Just throwing in my 2 credits.

Korwin.

Drendar Morevo
7 September 2005, 03:53 AM
1. What year are we starting the game at?
Not quite sure myself yet

2. (And for me) Do you approve the modified Dark Side Point rules I posted?
Yes

Darth Fierce
7 September 2005, 03:54 AM
I hopefully should be able to have Dehana's stats up by Saturday. It unfortunately won't be earlier than that, because I work from 7:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. most weekdays. I hope that's okay to have her stats up that late, and that I could play her as a Jedi Consular Lvl 7/ Scoundrel Lvl 3. Any objections?

If you would rather start before I could post Dehana's stats, go ahead. I could always find another game later. I'd like to play in this campaign though. Sounds like there's a good group of folks here...

Lucas Carr
7 September 2005, 09:27 AM
I was discussing the rules Vixen, not the power level of the Dorgh species. But if you feel that I have to pay for Basic, though it doesn't go well with the original concept of the species and their understanding of languages, I don't have a problem with using that as an additional point of balance.

Originally posted by Korwin Blade
I think if it is suppose to be a race that is like elves then they should have a -2 at least to Constiution. As most of the elves in most of the games I have ever played have that as a constant.

And I agree that Psycho version is powerful, but not as Umber as the one done by Lucas Carr.

Just throwing in my 2 credits.

Korwin.

They're not supposed to be like elves. They have elven ears and live a long time, but that's basically all they have in common. At least if we compare Species Traits.

One other thing. My character will actually be Giron's grandson Goran as the original wouldn't fit in this campaign.

PS. Psychoinfiltrator prefers if you call him Psych and not Psycho.

VixenofVenus
7 September 2005, 12:17 PM
I was discussing the rules Vixen, not the power level of the Dorgh species. But if you feel that I have to pay for Basic, though it doesn't go well with the original concept of the species and their understanding of languages, I don't have a problem with using that as an additional point of balance.

okies ... but conceptually, for a species which is SO different from the norm in the galaxy, ie - better equipment, better abilities, less understanding of simple things, and a whole different life-span ... species like these are USUALLY more commonly self-contained to a particular planet, planets, or area of space.

I know this might not be your concept of the species, but thats the rule of thumb when dealing with species in the Star Wars Universe ... especially home-cooked species.

As for the huge difference between the 15 out of 17 in the RCRB and the 15 (or so) out of almost 200+ when you include all the books and online supplements ... the reason THOSE 15 all speak/read/write Basic, is they are COMMON species. The other 185+ species are UNCOMMON. Uncommon species generally are not found in the areas of the galaxy where Basic is a way of life. Look at the one true OUTER RIM planet we have extensive knowledge of ... Tatooine. On Tatooine, the only people we see speaking Basic are humans, Jar-Jar, and Watto. And Jar-Jar and Watto both speak pretty lousy Basic. Everyone else is speaking three other languages, which are the common local languages - Huttese, Jawa Trade, & whatever tongue the Sandpeople speak in ...

My point is, a NON-human species would probably NOT adopt another SPECIES' language (Basic is Human/Bothan) unless they were a COMMON species, and by DEFINITION, home-brewed species aren't COMMON.

I'm not trying to tell you your species concept is bad or wrong, I'm just reiterating the opinions of people like JD Wiker and Owen KC Stephens, who wrote the "Creating Species" guidelines in the Ultimate Alien Anthology and Revised Core Rulebooks.

Hteba Zile
7 September 2005, 01:41 PM
Posting this here also...

Hey, could someone do a favor for me and work on the d20 stuff for Liv also? I don't have the books/never worked with it before.

Thanks!

PsychoInfiltrator
7 September 2005, 01:50 PM
As for the huge difference between the 15 out of 17 in the RCRB and the 15 (or so) out of almost 200+ when you include all the books and online supplements ... the reason THOSE 15 all speak/read/write Basic, is they are COMMON species. The other 185+ species are UNCOMMON. Uncommon species generally are not found in the areas of the galaxy where Basic is a way of life. Look at the one true OUTER RIM planet we have extensive knowledge of ... Tatooine. On Tatooine, the only people we see speaking Basic are humans, Jar-Jar, and Watto. And Jar-Jar and Watto both speak pretty lousy Basic. Everyone else is speaking three other languages, which are the common local languages - Huttese, Jawa Trade, & whatever tongue the Sandpeople speak in ...

I agree. Very much so.

PS. Psychoinfiltrator prefers if you call him Psych and not Psycho.
Yup. At one point it was so annoying that I took an idead from Terras and put that in my sig.

I had the Dorgh keep their edge, mostly because I wasn't sure which ability to lower, and didn't wnat to trod to heavily on toes.

Lucas Carr
7 September 2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by VixenofVenus

okies ... but conceptually, for a species which is SO different from the norm in the galaxy, ie - better equipment, better abilities, less understanding of simple things, and a whole different life-span ... species like these are USUALLY more commonly self-contained to a particular planet, planets, or area of space.

I know this might not be your concept of the species, but thats the rule of thumb when dealing with species in the Star Wars Universe ... especially home-cooked species.

I have seen no such rule of thumb. When it comes to species and language my rule is the RCR. Nothing else.

The rule that all characters know Basic might not fit with your sense of logic, and it doesn't fit with real world logic for the very reasons you mention, but it is still the rule and there are many things that aren't governed by real world logic.

My point is, a NON-human species would probably NOT adopt another SPECIES' language (Basic is Human/Bothan) unless they were a COMMON species, and by DEFINITION, home-brewed species aren't COMMON.

So instead of adopting Basic they adopt Huttese, another species language. Which you just said was the thing they wouldn't do.

I'm not trying to tell you your species concept is bad or wrong, I'm just reiterating the opinions of people like JD Wiker and Owen KC Stephens, who wrote the "Creating Species" guidelines in the Ultimate Alien Anthology and Revised Core Rulebooks.

I haven't seen their opinions anywhere. So I'll continue to use the RCR for species and language rules.

Darth Bile
7 September 2005, 03:22 PM
well, actually, whether they are allowed or not, is all up to the dm's decision. so not really necessary to argue about it, after all, each person has their own viewpoint on the rules and stuff.

Corr Terek
7 September 2005, 05:48 PM
I'll deal with your stats, Hteba -- we can work out details over PM, no?

VixenofVenus
7 September 2005, 08:09 PM

I have seen no such rule of thumb. When it comes to species and language my rule is the RCR. Nothing else.

So instead of adopting Basic they adopt Huttese, another species language. Which you just said was the thing they wouldn't do.

I haven't seen their opinions anywhere. So I'll continue to use the RCR for species and language rules.

1. That particular "rule of thumb" is implied in the fact that out of hundreds of species there are OFFICIAL stats for, only 15 automatically know Basic ... also, the "unofficial rule of thumb" has been discussed by Owen KC Stephens at conventions, online, and in his own Wizards.com stuff. JD Wiker has also answered questions about species creation and languages on his website.

2. I said an ENTIRE species doesn't generally learn a whole language just because it's common in one part of the galaxy (that usually isn't their part). Tatooine is not in the CORE SYSTEMS and is controlled economically by the Hutts, so the people there use Huttese. However, you'll notice that Humans, Jawas, and Sandpeople are the predominant species of Tatooine, yet none of them AUTOMATICALLY get Huttese, because it is not something the entire species has learned, only the small faction who live on Tatooine, which is EXACTLY what I said they would do ... those with an intelligence high enough would learn as children, and those who spent the time to learn as young adults and adults would spend skill points to learn it ... which is HOW THE SYSTEM IS DESIGNED TO WORK!

3. JD Wiker's Official Site (http://www.jdwiker.com/) & Wizards of the Coast Official Site (http://www.wizards.com/) - both of which have archived discussions & questions on the rules of creating species and languages. The Wizards of the Coast Discussion boards have several lengthy threads with posts from Creators, Editors, System Designers, etc in them on these very subjects ... and the reason why all ability modifier bonuses for a species are even numbers and not +1s or +3s ...

I originally posted to try and explain why Psych had taken away their automatic Basic language in a calm and rather diplomatic matter, but ... YOU are obviously correct and I am wrong. JD Wiker is wrong ... he co-wrote the RCR, but he must be wrong. Owen KC Stevens is wrong too, even though he wrote the UAA ... we're all wrong ... and YOU are right, almost every species in the galaxy speaks Basic.

Sorry, Lucas ... my bad!

Lucas Carr
7 September 2005, 09:58 PM

I originally posted to try and explain why Psych had taken away their automatic Basic language in a calm and rather diplomatic matter, but ... YOU are obviously correct and I am wrong. JD Wiker is wrong ... he co-wrote the RCR, but he must be wrong. Owen KC Stevens is wrong too, even though he wrote the UAA ... we're all wrong ... and YOU are right, almost every species in the galaxy speaks Basic.

Sorry, Lucas ... my bad!

So what you're saying is that I am not calm and diplomatic? Just as you have posted your view so have I. I don't agree with yours and I said why I don't agree with yours. The only rules on species and language I've read is the RCR. I own the UAA, I've looked through it, but I haven't read every species description. And because of that the RCR is my rule on species and language.

So your implications are either uninformed, sarcastic, or plain rude. Take your pick.

And about Common/Uncommon species. You say that Uncommon species generally don't live in areas where Basic is a way of life. You also say that homemade species by definition isn't Common. So are you saying that homemade specis therefore generally don't live in areas where Basic is a way of life? And even if that is true, you don't know the particulars of the Dorgh.

PS. Besides I never said I didn't accept exceptions to the rule, as mentioned in a previous post.

Korwin Blade
8 September 2005, 12:38 AM
I

They're not supposed to be like elves. They have elven ears and live a long time, but that's basically all they have in common. At least if we compare Species Traits.

That may be the case Lucas, but them having Elven ears and living a long time makes them seem that way. And with those 2 traits you have taken the 2 things Elves are known for the most and added them to a human. And not giving them some kind of a -2 to a ability score makes them less like the ones from the RCR. As most if them that have a bonus to there abilitys also have a negative to there abilitys. And you have stated that you go by the RCR. So why not have a -2 to some ability like the ones in the RCR.

Korwin

Drendar Morevo
8 September 2005, 06:13 AM
Stop bloody well arguing already!

Lucas, could you PLEASE take a -2 to constitution.

cGMs decision as per now, all characters regardless of starting species can be understood no matter the species language. To augment the fact that some species cant speak Basic, all species chosen as a character who can't speak basic get Basic (Understand only).

It is declared a house rule on my end, let us be done with this. I should have Drendar Morevo and Lord Justice ready to go this weekend provided school and work don't kill me first.

VixenofVenus
8 September 2005, 08:14 AM
I was done arguing with my last post ... but I promise to stop!

Drendar / Psych

Any word on even just a rough starting year? Is this going to be a Yuuzhan Vong game? Pre-Yuuzhan Vong? Post-Yuuzhan Vong?

Thx guys, I know you're workin' on this and characters, so just keep up the good work. :)

Corr Terek
8 September 2005, 10:28 AM
Renn: Male Human Scoundrel 3/Fringer 3/Jedi Guardian 4; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Defense +19 (+7 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 55/10; Atk+10/+5 melee (2d8+1/19-20, Lightsaber, personal) or +10/+5 ranged (3d6/20 or DC 15 stun, Blaster pistol, range 10 m) or +6/+6/+1 ranged (3d6/20, Blaster pistol with Multifire, range 10 m); SQ Barter, Deflect (attack -4), Deflect (defense +1), Illicit barter, Jury-rig +2, Lucky (1/day), Precise attack +1; SV Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +5; SZ M; FP 2; DSP 1; Rep 2; Str 13, Dex 15, Con 11, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 11, Challenge Code E.

Skills: Appraise+4, Balance+6, Bluff+4, Computer Use+2, Disable Device+3, Disguise+4, Escape Artist+6, Gather Information+5, Hide+5, Jump+5, Knowledge (cultures)+4, Listen+7, Move Silently+6, Search+5, Sleight of Hand+8, Spot+6, Survival+4, Tumble+6.

Force Skills: Affect Mind+4, Empathy+5, Enhance Ability+5, Enhance Senses+6, Farseeing+3, Force Defense+4, Force Strike+5, Friendship+2, Illusion+3, Move Object+6, Telepathy+4.

Feats: Alertness, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Lightsaber), Force Sensitive, Low Profile, Martial Arts, Quickness, Street Smart, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (primitive weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Control, Sense.

These are Renn's stats as they stand right now. I see Renn as being something of a brash rogue who was taken under Master Eelysa's wing sometime before the Vong war (again, waiting on a definite time for the campaign here).

Hteba, I've also got your stats worked up, if you want me to PM them to you.

VixenofVenus
8 September 2005, 11:01 AM
Corr Terek, can you point me somewhere for some info on Master Eelysa? I'm guessing she is in the NJO Fiction, but I haven't read any in quite a while ... mostly because I hate the Yuuzhan Vong as they have been written. As a species and artfully, they are great, but just the books didn't "capture" me ...

Anyway ... if you know any sites that have a nice blurb about her, or if you could write one here, that would be cool!

EDIT:

And if you Co-GMs are still just discussing what year this game is going to start ... my vote is obviously either soon after the Battle of Endor, or post-Vong war ...

Ooo ... maybe during the Zahn period ... *smiles*

PsychoInfiltrator
8 September 2005, 05:13 PM
Actually, Drendar and I haven't PMed each other yet...sorry...

Anyways, I'm gone Fri-Sun, so I may post on Fri or Sun, but not likely on Sat. (late vac to PEC. (If you know what "PEC is, tell me!))

PS: Dredn-good settling of the lang debate, Lucas, for future reference please finish reading the rest of that chunk on pg 22, which implies that HUMAN characters all know Basic and goes on to talk about non-humans. Please no using quotes out of context, especially seeing as I don't own the RCR.

Psych Out.

Lucas Carr
8 September 2005, 10:24 PM
Actually, Drendar and I haven't PMed each other yet...sorry...

Anyways, I'm gone Fri-Sun, so I may post on Fri or Sun, but not likely on Sat. (late vac to PEC. (If you know what "PEC is, tell me!))

PS: Dredn-good settling of the lang debate, Lucas, for future reference please finish reading the rest of that chunk on pg 22, which implies that HUMAN characters all know Basic and goes on to talk about non-humans. Please no using quotes out of context, especially seeing as I don't own the RCR.

Psych Out.

It's not a quote out of context. If you read the chapter, it begins with a general section that applies to all species and then describes each of the 17 species introduced in it. So it does NOT imply humans. And just look at the level of the headings for a confirmation of this.

Darth Bile
9 September 2005, 01:33 AM
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, stop the arguing, he made the ruling, so the problem is settled for the game!

Lucas Carr
9 September 2005, 02:05 AM
I wasn't arguing. Only informing him that he was wrong. I have already accepted that my character will have to use one of his Intelligence bonus languages for Basic.

VixenofVenus
9 September 2005, 06:27 AM
Main Entry: ar·gue
Function: verb
Inflected Forms: ar·gued; ar·gu·ing
intransitive verb 1 : to give reasons for or against a matter in dispute <arguing for an extension>
2 : to present a case in court <will argue for the defense> transitive verb a : to give reasons for or against <argued the issue before the judge> b : to prove or try to prove by giving reasons or evidence <will argue invasion of privacy>

Source: Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

I think by definition, many of us were arguing.

Darth Bile
9 September 2005, 09:14 AM
ya know what, if you're gonna be like this, arguing bout somethng that has already been solved by the dm, i may not want to play, hate someone who doesn't stop once a ruling has been made, personally, i don't know who is right or wrong, but drendar and pscyho are the dm's and what they say goes. so, just spend one int slot on the stupid language and quit this arguing, dang nabbit.

Lucas Carr
9 September 2005, 10:30 AM

I think by definition, many of us were arguing.

I could reply to that, but some might think we were arguing so I won't do that. ;)

Corr Terek
9 September 2005, 02:34 PM
Corr Terek, can you point me somewhere for some info on Master Eelysa? I'm guessing she is in the NJO Fiction, but I haven't read any in quite a while ... mostly because I hate the Yuuzhan Vong as they have been written. As a species and artfully, they are great, but just the books didn't "capture" me ...

Okay...I'll tell you what I know. Master Eelysa (I'm still not sure it's the right spelling) was one of Luke's first students (I'm assuming just after the bunch that Corran and Tionne and the others were in). After she became a Jedi Knight, she specialized in long undercover missions (I'm thinking she was a Jedi Investigator). She had a tendency to take on students that were...different (for instance, all of the Barabel Jedi in the NJO were either trained by her or by one of her apprentices, and also there was Izal Walz, the salt-addicted Arcona).

Eelysa was killed by the voxyn, on Corellia, I think.

VixenofVenus
9 September 2005, 05:25 PM
Thx Corr Terek! I just didn't know about her.

Darth Fierce
10 September 2005, 11:00 AM
Here's my first attempt at stats for Dehana Voi. If anyone sees any problems with them, please let me know...

Dehana Voi: Female Human Scoundrel 3/Jedi Consular 7; Init +0; Defense +19 (+9 class); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 85/16; Attack +9/+2 melee (3d8+2/19-20 lightsaber) or +7/+2 ranged (3d6/20 blaster pistol, 10 m); SQ Deflect (defense +1, attack –4, extend defense and attack), illicit barter, lucky (1/day), precise attack +1; SV Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +7; SZ M; FP 10; DSP 0; Rep +3; Str 14, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 17, Challenge Code E.

Skills: Appraise +7, Astrogate +7, Balance +7, Bluff +7, Computer Use +6, Diplomacy +7, Disguise +5, Gather Information +6, Hide +6, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +7, Knowledge (streetwise) +7, Move Silently +6, Pilot +7, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Durese, Read/Write Ithorese, Repair +7, Sense Motive +6, Speak Basic, Speak Durese, Speak Ithorese, Treat Injury +7.

Force Skills: Affect Mind +7, Force Defense +6, Heal Another +6, Plant Surge +6, See Force +6.

Feats: Exotic Weapons Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Persuasive, Weapons Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Control, Sense, Compassion, Cure Disease, Cure Poison, Dissipate Energy.

Equipment: Blaster pistol, combat jumpsuit, lightsaber, medical kit.

Dehana began her Jedi training during the waning years of the Old Republic. Her Force-Sensitivity had been detected by an elderly Ithorian by the name of Attatuk Marabb who took Dehana on as a Padawan.

During Dehana's apprenticehood, Master Attatuk instilled the belief in her that the power to use the Force should be used to heal, rather than harm. The master and student spent long amounts of time at a nature refuge on one of the many moons of the Ottega system. During this time at the refuge, Attatuk taught Dehana how to cure the ailments of other living things through the Force.

Unfortunately, during one of their visits to the refuge, Attatuk and Dehana were confronted by Count Dooku, looking to enlist the old Ithorian to the Separatist cause. Attempting to call upon Attatuk's compassionate nature, Dooku told stories of innocent beings who had been harm by the Republic during the Clone Wars. Attatuk responded by saying that while he was sorry for those who had been harmed by the wars, it was Dooku who was one of main causes for those people being injured or killed. Therefore, Attatuk refused to join with Dooku. A lightsaber duel ensued between the two, and Attatuk was dealt a mortal wound when Dooku's protege, Asajj Ventress, struck the Ithorian from behind. Before his death, Attatuk called out for Dehana to flee to Coruscant, and tell the Council of what had happened. Dehana did as she was told, and was apprentice to a Duros Master until Dehana achieved the rank of Jedi Knight the following year.

During the events of Order 66, Dehana was on assignment providing reconnaissance on pockets of Separatist cells in the Outer Rim. She was in the process of responding to the Temple distress beacon when she received the message to go into hiding. Soon afterwards, Dehana adopted the guise of a smuggler, hoping to avoid the Emperor's Jedi Hunters. During the reign of the Empire, Dehana occasionally provided limited training to surviving padawans and Force-Sensitive individuals she met along her travels. Only after the final death of the Emperor on Onderon did she make her past as a member of the Old Republic's Jedi Order widely known.

Dehana stands 1.7 meters in height. She has shoulder-length gray hair that is pulled back into a multitude of braids that fall behind her head. Her eyes are a warm green color, although she has many wrinkles that betray the difficult life she has had.

VixenofVenus
10 September 2005, 02:50 PM
I don't see any major problems ... but if we're starting out at full Force Points, you'd have 11 ... unless you wanted them lower for some reason ... :)

It's at least nice to know that with Dehana, she can cure us, heal us, then throw some seeds on the ground and grow us some corn ... mmmm ... corn.

Hteba Zile
11 September 2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Corr Terek
Hteba, I've also got your stats worked up, if you want me to PM them to you. [/B]

Thanks..... hmm, Renn and Liv in another rpg.... this could be interesting!

PsychoInfiltrator
11 September 2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Darth Bile
ya know what, if you're gonna be like this, arguing bout somethng that has already been solved by the dm, i may not want to play, hate someone who doesn't stop once a ruling has been made, personally, i don't know who is right or wrong, but drendar and pscyho are the dm's and what they say goes. so, just spend one int slot on the stupid language and quit this arguing, dang nabbit.

PSYCH NOT PSYCHO

Sorry about that. I did warn you-note the sig and a previous post by not-me on the subject in this very thread.

Anyways, here's Valin's stat block. More to come later.

"Valin: Male Human Jedi Guardian 10; Init +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative); Defense +20 (+7 class, +3 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 103/12; Atk+13/+8 ranged (3d8+3/19-20, Blaster, heavy T-6, range 8 m) or +9/+9/+4 ranged (3d8+3/19-20, Blaster, heavy T-6 with Multifire, range 8 m) or +10/+5 melee (4d8/19-20, Lightsaber, personal) or +6/+1 melee (1d8/19-20 or DC 25 stun, Stun baton Sleep Inducer); SQ Deflect (attack -4), Deflect (defense +2), Deflect (extend defense and attack), Increased lightsaber damage (4d8); SV Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +7; SZ M; FP 10; Rep 3; Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 14, Challenge Code E.

Skills: Craft (lightsaber)+10, Intimidate+15, Knowledge (alien species)+10.

Force Skills: Enhance Ability+16, Enhance Senses+15, Force Strike+16, Heal Another+15, Heal Self+17, Move Object+15.

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Lightsaber), Force Sensitive, Heroic Surge, Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse (Lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Attuned, Control, Force Flight, Force Whirlwind, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Sense."
Equipment
Blaster, heavy T-6
Lightsaber, dualphase personal
Stun baton Sleep Inducer
Comlink
Starfighter, T-65AC4 X-wing
Datacard, 1 program

PS: Valin flies a madified AC4, no astromech, but there is extra computing space and memory and such that provide all of the capabilities of an astromech. As such, the Astromech slot is full of hardware attachments and a heurisitc processor. He likes the solitude in a single-person fighter and he is quite uncomfortable around most astromech droids, but hit X-wing does have a single overriding personality, and can talk to him (in Basic) when he's in the cockpit through a

Corr Terek
11 September 2005, 05:51 PM
Thanks..... hmm, Renn and Liv in another rpg.... this could be interesting!

True, except the Renn you know is different than the one I'm playing now. And his Farghul companion is no longer in the picture either.

He's still a scoundrel, though. :D

Lucas Carr
12 September 2005, 07:36 PM
Goran: Male Dorgh, Jedi Consular 4/Jedi Investigator 3/Jedi Master 2 (4,000XP from Level 10): Init +5 (+5 Dex); Defense +24 (+5 Dex, +8 class, +1 Sixth Sense), 26 with Lightsaber Defense; Spd 10m; VP/WP 67/12; Atk +14/9 melee (4d8+1/19-20, lightsaber*), +12/12/7 melee (4d8+1/19-20, two lightsabers*), +9/4 melee, or +13/8 ranged; SQ XP-4,000, FP +2 Levels, Extended Lifespan, Advanced, Deflect (Defense +2, Attack -4), Block, Profile, Target Bonus +2, Favor +1, Contact, Force Secret (Battlemind); SV Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +9; SZ M; FP 11; DSP 0; Rep 4, Str 12, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 14.

Equipment: Dual Phase Lightsaber* with curved hilt, lightsaber*, Jedi Robes, Utility Belt, X-Wing, R2-Q7 astromech droid
Utility Belt: Aquata Breather, Comlink, Energy Cell, Glow Rod, Medpac, Power Pack, Tool Kit, Food Capsules (3) + Datapad
*Goran has built his own lightsabers

Languages: Dorgh, Basic, Huttese, Binary
Skills: Astrogate +4, Balance +8, Bluff +3, Computer Use +8, Craft (Lightsaber) +7, Diplomacy +11, Entertain +3, Gather Information +10, Intimidate +3, Jump +6, Knowledge (Jedi Lore) +12, Pilot +8, Repair +4, Search +6, Sense Motive +9, Tumble +9
Force Skills: Affect Mind +10, Battlemind +13, Enhance Ability +4, Enhance Senses +6, Farseeing +10, Force Stealth +4, Force Strike +10, Heal Self +5, Move Object +10, See Force +8
Feats: Force Sensitive (free), WGP (Blaster Pistol, Simple Weapons), EWP (Lightsaber), Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse (Lightsaber), Heroic Surge, Combat Expertise, Trustworthy
Force Feats: Alter, Control, Sense, Burst of Speed, Lightsaber Defense

If you think that the X-Wing and the droid are too much, I can drop those. But on the other hand I can stat the droid too. The following background is written as if this will take place in 25 ABY.

A bit of background
Goran is in his 150s, born of a Jedi mother and a Dorgh Naval Officer father. He’s about 1.8 meters tall with short dark blond hair and blue-gray eyes. He has brought four Padawans to Knighthood and he himself became a knight about 80 years ago during the Old Republic.

From the end of the Clone Wars and about three decades forward, he was hiding in the Unknown Region. Imperial records state that the entire Dorgh military was destroyed during the civil war and that the rumors of Dorgh technological superiority had been proven false.

Darth Bile
13 September 2005, 01:42 AM
how did you take the master prc, thought you had to be either 13, or have a padawan to take that class?

Drendar Morevo
13 September 2005, 04:07 AM
He has brought four Padawans to Knighthood

Emphasis mine.

Sorry things are going so slow, I just got over a nasty case of the flu where I was all but dead most of the time.

PsychoInfiltrator
14 September 2005, 03:19 PM
Glad to see the fight's over. YAY!!!!

Anyways, Drendar...got any campaign ideas? PM me.

Hteba Zile
15 September 2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Corr Terek

True, except the Renn you know is different than the one I'm playing now. And his Farghul companion is no longer in the picture either.

He's still a scoundrel, though. :D

Hehe. Yeah, Liv is gonna be a little different as well. She still is stubborn though :)

So yeah, what ever happened to our fine Farghul friend? Be nice now... ;)

Here are Liv's stats:

Liv Morituri: Female Human Jedi Guardian 7/Force Adept 3; Init +1 (+1 Dex); Defense +19 (+8 class, +1 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 60/12; Atk+12/+7 melee (3d8+2/19-20, Lightsaber, personal); SQ Deflect (attack -4), Deflect (defense +1), Deflect (extend defense and attack), Increased lightsaber damage (3d8); SV Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +8; SZ M; FP 2; Rep 2; Str 14, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 12, Challenge Code E.

Skills: Balance+5, Climb+6, Hide+4, Intimidate+5, Jump+5, Listen+5, Pilot+5, Sense Motive+5, Spot+4, Survival+4, Treat Injury+3, Tumble+5.

Force Skills: Affect Mind+7, Battlemind+5, Drain Energy+2, Empathy+4, Enhance Ability+4, Enhance Senses+5, Force Defense+6, Force Grip+4, Force Lightning+3, Force Strike+5, Friendship+4, Heal Self+4, Move Object+6.

Feats: Athletic, Combat Veteran (), Endurance, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Lightsaber), Force Sensitive, Martial Arts, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (primitive weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Dissipate Energy, Mind Trick, Sense.

Liv is a very athletic, very physically fit Jedi in her mid-20s. She has deep blue eyes, and long brown hair. She is also quite a character.
Thanks Corr for the stat help!

PsychoInfiltrator
16 September 2005, 03:53 PM
It looks like the campaign will start ly after the Battle at Yag Dhul.

Lucas Carr
16 September 2005, 09:09 PM
And how long after the movies is that (just to be specific)?

PsychoInfiltrator
17 September 2005, 05:05 AM
Said battle is a good chunk of the way through the Vong War.

You might just want to go read the NJO if you haven't already, I know that I am going to be doing some serious review.

Corr Terek
17 September 2005, 08:23 AM
It's about 27 years after ROTJ, I think.

Lucas Carr
17 September 2005, 10:24 AM
Said battle is a good chunk of the way through the Vong War.

You might just want to go read the NJO if you haven't already, I know that I am going to be doing some serious review.

I only have the three first novels of NJO and this is not the time to buy and/or read more of them.

So it might be a good thing for our GMs not to assume that we know everything that has taken place in NJO.

Darth Bile
17 September 2005, 10:25 AM
well, fortunately, my guy is from the unknown regions, so knows nothing bout the yuuzhon vong and stuff, thank god,

Lucas Carr
17 September 2005, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know which novel it takes place in? That way I can find the year myself.

VixenofVenus
17 September 2005, 10:48 AM
Yeah ... I think a review of the Yuuzhan Vong war up to this point might be a nice thing ...

I've only read the first 2-4 books and then I quit, I hated the Yuuzhan Vong because they were continually the same characters over and over but with different names. I only hope this game is not purely Yuuzhan Vong War ...

But even so, a nice recap would be great ....

And I'll have to make my characters end up in some sort of hyperspace accident which sent them 25 years into the future or something ... cause their stats are for the beginning of the NJO ...

Lucas Carr
17 September 2005, 11:01 AM
For me it was more of a money situation back then. But now I do have the money, but not the time. I absolutely loved the Dark Tide Duology.

Another suggestion Vixen, if you need it as NJO began 25 years after ANH and ended 4 years later well before the "27 years after RotJ" mentioned above, is that your character was in some sort of hibernation for however long it is needed.

Corr Terek
17 September 2005, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know which novel it takes place in? That way I can find the year myself.

I believe it's Edge of Victory: Rebirth.

I've only read the first 2-4 books and then I quit, I hated the Yuuzhan Vong because they were continually the same characters over and over but with different names. I only hope this game is not purely Yuuzhan Vong War ...

Eh, it got better as the series went on. Especially toward the end.

Darth Bile
17 September 2005, 12:43 PM
actually, i have read the first couple, got bored with it, then picked up later, was disappointed, and disappointed in the whole series, too boring, the villians just all repeat themselves mainly.

Lucas Carr
17 September 2005, 01:47 PM
Edge of Victory: Rebirth takes place 26 years after ANH. And as this would begin a year later, it would be 27 years after ANH.

PsychoInfiltrator
18 September 2005, 10:15 AM

I only have the three first novels of NJO and this is not the time to buy and/or read more of them.

So it might be a good thing for our GMs not to assume that we know everything that has taken place in NJO.

"Always assume the worst and see the truth never you will." Yoda.

I'm not assuming omniscience on anyones part-the reason I didn't say exactly is I don't know exactly. (It was Drend's idea for when to start. What you will be doing at the time of starting is my fault, however.;))

Lucas Carr
18 September 2005, 02:51 PM

"Always assume the worst and see the truth never you will." Yoda.

I'm not assuming omniscience on anyones part-the reason I didn't say exactly is I don't know exactly. (It was Drend's idea for when to start. What you will be doing at the time of starting is my fault, however.;))

I only wanted to point that out, in case it was needed.

Drendar Morevo
18 September 2005, 04:49 PM
Ok... who here has the NJO Sourcebook? Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

Regardless the NJO Sourcebook has some great book synapses and brings up Yag Dhul and other major events as well. You don't even need to read the NJO books if you have this for this campaign.

Darth Bile
18 September 2005, 05:40 PM
Well, after next week, when i pay $30 for 13 sw books, the new D20 ones, even though i prefer the D6 ones, that was included in the lot, so, i will have just about all th sw books they made since WoTC took over the licensing, so, i would say 3 weeks max i will have that sourcebook.

Darth Fierce
19 September 2005, 03:47 AM
I've got the NJO sourcebook...if you think I should include a synopsis here for those folks who didn't get very far into the series.

Let me know what you think.

Lucas Carr
19 September 2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Darth Fierce
I've got the NJO sourcebook...if you think I should include a synopsis here for those folks who didn't get very far into the series.

Let me know what you think.

That would be useful. But it could also be quite a lot to write.

Darth Fierce
20 September 2005, 03:30 AM
Not really...if I follow a outline type format. I could focus on major events, planetary systems lost to the Vong, and the status of the Jedi leading up to just after the Battle of Yag'Dhul.

Anyone think I should do this?

Drendar Morevo
20 September 2005, 04:08 AM
Go ahead.

Lucas Carr
20 September 2005, 11:34 AM
As I said, it would be useful. So please do.

PsychoInfiltrator
20 September 2005, 02:54 PM
I'll third that.

{Prepares to utter 'three cheers for Darth Fiecre!!!"}

VixenofVenus
20 September 2005, 08:39 PM
So ... when are we gonna start this game? (in RL, not game terms)

PsychoInfiltrator
21 September 2005, 02:51 PM
Beats me. Probly not long after the characters are done. Nevertheless Drend and I still need to get into specifics of NPCs and the starting point, and how we are going to handle the actual ingame GMing.

(Any time after twenty one days from this point will probly signify a crisis, though.)

PsychoInfiltrator
1 October 2005, 02:35 PM
Just to dro in and tell you that AFAIK, this campaign is NOT dead.

PS: Drend, how are we goignt to do the in-game GMing-PM me.

PPS: DF, are you going to provide a timeline?

Darth Fierce
1 October 2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah...I've been working on it. It's just that by the time I get home from work most days, all I really want to do is "veg out." Therefore, I really haven't had a chance to do much on it yet.

PsychoInfiltrator
2 October 2005, 05:50 AM
Trust me, I totally understand, Darth.

I'm just glad to see that you are stickin' to it.

Ronin
4 October 2005, 06:44 AM
For a summary of the NJO, and an easy way to find out where you are in the timeline, I thoroughly recommend downloading the StarWars Timeline Gold.
Just DL that, do a "Find" for the battle of (I forget which planet) and there you go. :)

Lucas Carr
11 October 2005, 11:50 AM
Soon coming up on that 21 days or a crisis Psych mentioned. That limit is the day after tomorrow, or 13 October.

Is anything happening here?

PsychoInfiltrator
11 October 2005, 01:40 PM
I'd say crisis. With any luck at all, Drendar and I will be hammering out the last details soon.

Lucas Carr
11 October 2005, 02:34 PM
I'm looking forward to this. And I hope that it will last as both the previous games I've joined here have "died" prematurely.

Darth Fierce
11 October 2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
For a summary of the NJO, and an easy way to find out where you are in the timeline, I thoroughly recommend downloading the StarWars Timeline Gold.
Just DL that, do a "Find" for the battle of (I forget which planet) and there you go. :)

I agree that Timeline Gold's probably the way to go in regard to a NJO timeline...if you are one of the folks who need a idea of where this campaign is leading. Truthfully, I've been bogged down by work lately, and haven't had a lot of time to put much effort into a self-made timeline.

I still look forward to actually getting underway with this campaign though.... Do we have any clue as to when we're going to start?

PsychoInfiltrator
11 October 2005, 05:34 PM
Here's a clue. Either never, (which you'll know quite soon,) or hopefully somewhat before the end of October. At the moment, the ball is not in my court.

Drendar Morevo
12 October 2005, 04:49 PM
Sorry folks but it appears that I will not be able to GM this game, with Psych or otherwise. Sorry to dissapoint, it's just that certain... irrevocable differences have come about.

Deepest Regrets,
Drendar Morevo

PsychoInfiltrator
12 October 2005, 05:21 PM
Sorry folks. Not my decision. I wish it could be otherwise.

Until (Very not likely) further notice, this campaign is dead. :(

PM me if you wish to talk or perhaps assume the mantly of Co-GM.

With Much Regret,
PsychoInfiltrator.

PS: Its none of you guys's fault.

And none of this makes me feel very good right now....:sobs

Darth Fierce
13 October 2005, 06:10 AM
Too bad.... :( I was really looking forward to this campaign. Let me know if this campaign is revived (via PM).

On the bright side, though, at the very least I got to create what I think is an interesting character in Dehana. I'll take the info I created about her over to my Friends and Foes Compendium thread.

PsychoInfiltrator
13 October 2005, 04:24 PM
Well, if I can find a new Co-GM....And it doesn't have to be someone already listed, I think. Just somebody with some experience who everybody's OK with.

I do want to do this campaign, but without the RCR, UAA, etc, I just can't do it by myself.

Lucas Carr
14 October 2005, 03:56 AM
I have those books, but I have no ideas. But if you want to be lead GM, I can be your co-GM Psych.

PsychoInfiltrator
15 October 2005, 06:50 AM
Well, basically what I need is a logical doublechecker and a stat provider/manufacturere, another ideas dude, and with any luck, a way ot take a vac without KotNJO being entirely stopped.

You'll do fine. If there are no objections, you are officially Co-GM of KotNJO.

PS: To all people who have said they wanted to play, post here so we can take a census of who remains interested. Anyone who wants to join, PM me and/or Lucas and we'll see if you'd be a good fit.

Corr Terek
15 October 2005, 09:42 AM
I'm here.

Hteba Zile
16 October 2005, 11:45 AM
I'm still interested.

Darth Bile
17 October 2005, 11:52 AM
well, would've loved to have done this, but due to being kicked out, no internet, save for local library, and having my computer/printer/scanner/playstation 2/router/dsl modem/gaming books/movies stolen from me, i'm unable to post as often as i would prefer too, so i'm out of this game too.

VixenofVenus
18 October 2005, 07:51 AM
I'm still in.

Darth Fierce
18 October 2005, 09:12 AM
If all goes well, I'm still in....

Lucas Carr
18 October 2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Darth Bile
well, would've loved to have done this, but due to being kicked out, no internet, save for local library, and having my computer/printer/scanner/playstation 2/router/dsl modem/gaming books/movies stolen from me, i'm unable to post as often as i would prefer too, so i'm out of this game too.

Sorry to hear that Darth.

PsychoInfiltrator
18 October 2005, 04:10 PM
OK, so we've lost a couple people, (Sorry about your stuff being stolen, Darth Bile.;() but we still have enoguh for a great campaign.

A Word of Warning:

I am incredibly busy right now. I can plan stuff, I can roleplay, I can do whatnot, but I can't do it everyday for the moment, and Lucas, you'll have to take the PMing-other CoGM initiative, unless you are in a similar position.

Other than that, we'll get the show on the road as soon as possible.

Lucas Carr
19 October 2005, 12:14 AM
and Lucas, you'll have to take the PMing-other CoGM initiative

If you by that mean I should send you a PM, I can do that. Not that it will contain anything usefull. If you mean anything else, please specify.

PsychoInfiltrator
19 October 2005, 03:49 PM
Yup. I do mean PM me. Ask questions. I know some stuff you don't about what's gonna happen, but I'll never emember all of it if I PMed me. You ask for what ya wanna/needtaknow, and I'll do my best ro respond. After than, we do more planning, fill in details and start the game. Sound good to you?

Lucas Carr
24 October 2005, 08:48 PM
Because of Real Life concerns, I can unfortunately no longer co-GM this campaign. I hope that you still will make this work though.

PsychoInfiltrator
25 October 2005, 02:43 PM
So, anybody else willing to step up to the plate?

I don't bite (people), and it is third time lucky, after all.

Mack Jace
25 October 2005, 03:00 PM
I might be interested... What would the job entail?

PsychoInfiltrator
2 November 2005, 04:41 PM
-Typing up stats for stuff in ruleboooks relatign to Vong (I have no rulebooks.)

-Coming up with ideas

-A reliable posts-per-week

-A dedicated person

-Someone who can avoid metagaming with his/her character even while knowing the story arc

-An open mind

-and some other things I can't remember at the moment.

Mack Jace
2 November 2005, 04:47 PM
Well, I've got the NJO sourcebook, and this is my first time doing something like this, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Let me know what you want from me and I'll be ready for anything.

PsychoInfiltrator
3 November 2005, 04:15 PM
Vong equipment and weapons and damge posted here, would be a good start if possible, at least please PM it to me. Then I'll PM you what has already been figured out regarding storyline and we can go form there.

Sound good to you?

Mack Jace
3 November 2005, 04:20 PM
Cool, all that stuff will be on the way shortly.

PsychoInfiltrator
3 November 2005, 04:23 PM
Assuming nobody has any major problems, damage dealt by some of the Vong stuff is probly gonna get increased, seeing as waltzing thorugh blast bug hordes is supposed ot be dangerous.

Oh, and feel free to float house rules regarding Vonduun Armor and lightsabers. When last I read that stuff it didn't seem all that realistic.

Mack Jace
3 November 2005, 04:26 PM
We''l discuss it over PM, this way it'll all be in one place.

PsychoInfiltrator
3 November 2005, 05:16 PM
Actually, for the Armor houserules, I meant everyone to submit suggestions. That way nobody can complain later and we get the best system possible.

PsychoInfiltrator
9 November 2005, 04:48 PM
Still waiting for PM(s)...house rules suggestions...signs that this thread is still alive...

We don't have ot do this campaign if you guys don't want to, ya know, I'm doing this for you, not to you.

Mack Jace
11 November 2005, 10:34 AM
Sorry this is so long in coming, but I've just been totally swamped. Here's what I've worked up for the armor: whenever making an attack against an armored Yuuzhan Vong, you are required to make an attack against the armor first, and the armor still doesn't let the lightsaber ignore DR. Just my take on it. I'll get the stuff you need to you in abit Psych.