PDA

View Full Version : Resurrection!

Deano
10 September 2005, 12:44 PM
We're back and (hopefully) looking good!

Bring on the comments!!

Deano

Deano
11 September 2005, 03:45 AM
Added the Felis Amarynthe (or Arainian Green Tiger) to the Creatures of the Galaxy in the articles section.

Enjoy

Deano

Darklighter
11 September 2005, 06:57 AM
Glad to see you're back, Deano. :)

Deano
11 September 2005, 07:45 AM
Thank you Darkligher!

Just added Veteran Imperial Army Troopers to the Character section.

Deano

red5_5
15 September 2005, 08:27 PM
The new site looks awesome! I'm looking forward to more in the future! :)

Deano
16 September 2005, 09:25 AM
Thank you red5_5, it's good to have feedback. There should be some more content today or tomorrow :D

Deano

Deano
16 September 2005, 02:08 PM
As promised

Added the Alliance Intelligence Agent Jae Wollen to the Characters section.

Deano

BRodgers
17 September 2005, 08:14 AM
The site looks fantastic Deano!

Great to have you guys back and great to know you havent fallen by the wayside as so many great SWRPG sites have lately.

Deano
19 September 2005, 09:06 AM
Thanks BRodgers! Means a lot to me

Deano

Ironmagin
19 September 2005, 01:35 PM
Yes! It's good to have you back but uh, where are the Stuff Yards?

Deano
20 September 2005, 10:33 AM
Stuffyards will be back, but it will be a stand alone site. I shall keep you posted.

Deano

Deano
20 September 2005, 03:50 PM
Project Hammer sees its first update in over a year with the addition of Episode XIII: Capture in the Missions Section.

Enjoy

Deano

Deano
20 September 2005, 04:11 PM
Just added News Flash in the Intel Section of Project Hammer

Deano

Krijger
19 October 2005, 09:00 AM
The site link is currently broken..
Where is Toris now?

fg,
THijs

Deano
19 October 2005, 10:10 AM
It appears that our host's domain name is up for renewal, I await a response from them to resolve this problem.

Deano

Deano
21 November 2005, 11:58 AM
Added the AT-AP to the Vehicles section

Enjoy

Deano

Grimace
21 November 2005, 02:19 PM
Looks pretty good, Deano!

Thanks for sharing. :)

Deano
21 November 2005, 03:32 PM
Why thank you :D

Deano
24 December 2005, 05:09 AM
Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year!!

With some luck you'll get an update next week!

Deano

BRodgers
24 December 2005, 06:05 AM
Sounds great Deano!

Looking forward to seeing what you've cooked up!

Deano
27 December 2005, 03:16 PM
Added Sam Corbut to the Characters Section.

More to come soon.

Deano

Deano
1 January 2006, 06:34 AM
A new year and a new section added to TORIS...

May I present the Adventure Modules Section....

Check out the first Adventure - Pandemonium in Piringiisi.

Enjoy

Deano

Deano
7 January 2006, 09:14 AM
Added the Kalasahn Panther to the Creatures of the Galaxy in the Articles section.

Enjoy

Deano

Deano
18 January 2006, 01:54 AM
Added downloadable floor plans for an Imperial Asteroid Prison facility by the Holonet's own Neil Creek to the Articles section.

Deano

Uron Teff
18 January 2006, 02:50 AM
Holy, that's really what I've been looking for all the time. Deckplans for an Imperial Asterois Prison. Thanks Deano for putting them up on TORIS.
:D

Deano
29 January 2006, 02:35 PM
Added Tu'nang to the Places section, which includes stats for the interesting apelike species that call the planet home. It also includes stats for two racial weapons. Finally, it also includes the excellent artwork by TORIS's newest artist - Toby "Xain Arke" Gregory from the Holonet.

Don't forget to leave us your comments in our Guestbook.

Enjoy

Deano

Deano
10 February 2006, 02:51 PM
Well with luck our difficult times with the host has past and hopefully normal service has resumed. Head over to the vehicles section and check out the freshly added AT-OT.

We've also opened up our Links section - let us know if you wish to get your sited added.

Deano

Deano
14 March 2006, 01:49 AM
Some minor corrections and refinements across the site have been made. I've also updated the random name generator as well.

Deano

BRodgers
14 March 2006, 04:38 AM
The Random name Generator is a fantastic resource, as is all of Toris. Excellent work Deano!

Deano
14 March 2006, 08:35 AM
Cheers bud :D

Now, about that update of yours....;)

Deano

BRodgers
14 March 2006, 11:02 AM
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im working on it as we speak!!!!

Should have it rolled out in a few weeks...and trust me, I think it will be well worth the wait.

(I hope at least!)

Deano
17 March 2006, 11:18 AM
For all you Deckplan Fans out there, go and see return of The Admiral's Deckplans to the world :D

www.colonialchrome.co.uk/ (http://www.colonialchrome.co.uk/)

Deano

Deano
28 March 2006, 11:12 AM
Added the fantastic picture of the Ranger Long-Range Patrol Craft by Toby Gregory to the Starships section.

BRodgers
29 March 2006, 07:05 AM
Impressive! Most impressive!

Deano
12 June 2006, 02:15 PM
After a somewhat extended absence, here's an update for you guys!

Added the GM's Handbook to the Articles section. This new sourcebook contains 12 chapters of material for your games and covers a large portion of the material available at TORIS. Go download it and let us know what you think.

Also added the stunning pictures by Toby Gregory for Half Twi'leks and Miranda Stardock.

Enjoy

Deano

Xain Arke
12 June 2006, 03:18 PM
...Deano, have you checked the Guest Book out recently, seems to be
a whole load of weird spam and all sorts of crap posted there.

Xain

Deano
13 June 2006, 11:46 AM
Well, I've purged the guestbook and upgraded the software, so hopefully that will keep the evil spamers away for a bit.

Deano

Grimace
13 June 2006, 12:35 PM
Hey, Deano! I got a chance to download the GM Handbook and look over it. Nice job! I see that you have a great many things (maybe even all of them) that your site has. Good to have them all in a nice, easy to access format now. :)

Good job on the layout of the PDF. It's easy to read and all of the pictures turned out good and clear. I didn't give it a real thorough look through, so I'll ask...is there anything new in the pdf that isn't on your site?

Anyway, good job with it and way to keep things coming out for TORIS!

Keep up the good work, man!

Deano
14 June 2006, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the feedback Grimace. The answer to your question is yes, there are a number of items that are included in the PDF which are not on the site - mostly equipment and weapons, but there is some other bits and pieces tucked away in there as well. I have also included some of the content from Project Hammer. Noteably missing is the Starships & Vehicles from TORIS, these will become available in a separate sourcebook in due course, assuming there is a demand for it.

Deano

Uron Teff
14 June 2006, 03:10 AM
Lucky that I found my way back to TORIS to find this awesome .pdf book you have created there, Deano.
I really like the section of houserules as well as the two skills and abilities chapters. Great work on summarizing facts there.
The chapters four and five are a very good compilation of background knowledge and information. Those two chapters are very useful for every GM - D6 or d20. Although in chapter four I would say that short writeups for some of the major ranks would be good to have, too.
Weapons and equipment write-ups as well as the huge location section are more than useful and are as well as the other two background information chapters before very valuable to have.
Altogether great work, Deano, what you and the other contributing authors brought up and put together. Very good!

BRodgers
15 June 2006, 06:10 AM
Great stuff Deano!

Love the Sourcebook...already downloaded and added to the collection!

Deano
13 July 2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys, nice to hear!

So, anyone fancy a Starships & Vehicles guide in the same sort of style??

Deano

Deano
13 August 2006, 03:59 AM
Just a quick update to the Random Name Generator. Version 3.7 of this generator can create over 44,000 Private starship names, over 350 military starship names, over 97,000 male human names, over 66,500 female human names and over 28,000 planet names!!

I'm open to a submissions to the generator BTW.

Deano

Xain Arke
31 August 2006, 04:22 AM
Deano

just to let you know here [sent email too] that I'm back online and am plugging away at the artwork for TORIS.

Xain

Deano
11 November 2006, 02:58 AM
I've moved TORIS to a new home whilst our server is down. You can find us at toris.magriller.net (http://toris.magriller.net). I've also done a bit of an update - go check out the Aliens section and you'll find the Nautolans and some new artwork for the Klik'tak'nek. Also added a new pic for the Talos in the Starships section.

Deano

Grimace
11 November 2006, 09:09 AM
Is this a permanent move, Deano?

Deano
12 November 2006, 02:04 PM
<shrug>Grimace, that will depend on our host...

I've done another update - two Alliance Marines added to the Characters section.

Deano

BRodgers
15 November 2006, 11:51 AM
Sorry for the late response...just got back from vacation....

TORIS is looking as sharp as ever Deano!

Still one of the finest SWRPG sites out there. Nice job!

:)

Ironmagin
15 November 2006, 03:03 PM
I cannot find Toris at the above link. Where did it go?

BRodgers
15 November 2006, 05:10 PM
Try this addy Ironmagin :

http://toris.magriller.net/

Grimace
15 November 2006, 07:18 PM
Oh, by the way, Deano...you may also want to change the link in your signature, so people that follow that don't end up going to a dead site.
;)

Uron Teff
15 November 2006, 10:50 PM
Then maybe a change in the link adress from the HoloNet's main site to TORIS might be a good idea, too. ;)

Ironmagin
16 November 2006, 03:18 PM
Thanks BRogers.

Deano
16 November 2006, 06:59 PM
Thanks BRodgers! Very cool.

I've updated my signature with the alternative addy. Good idea Uron Teff, Grimace could please update the main page with the alternative address. Pretty please ;)

Thanks guys

Deano

Deano
29 January 2007, 11:48 AM
Well it looks like our temporary home is going to be permanent for the moment so please update those links and favourites. On to the good stuff...

Updated the Two Weapon Fighting rules in the Rules section. Added the 109th Legion to the Characters section. Added the Victory-Class Star Destroyer complete with the standard Imperial ground force composition and starship load out to the Starships section.

Enjoy

Deano

Grimace
29 January 2007, 03:59 PM
Cool stuff, Deano! I especially like the full listing of everything on the Victory Star Destroyer. I wish more ships in the Imperial navy were explained like that.

Keep up the good work!

BRodgers
31 January 2007, 05:31 PM
Looking good Deano! !

Deano
1 February 2007, 09:27 AM
Thank you both. Expect another update tomorrow! :D

Wheels are turning here!!!

Deano

Deano
18 February 2007, 02:16 AM
Real life took over for a bit...sorry. So here's the promised update...

Added the Malakashi to the Aliens section and updated the Random Name Generator in the Articles section.

Cheers

Deano

Deano
24 February 2007, 01:40 PM
Added HAET-221 (Republic Assualt Gunboat) to the Vehicles section.

Enjoy

Deano

BRodgers
24 February 2007, 09:53 PM
Nice work Deano!

Toris always has such cool toys...I love the Random Name Generator and the new content like the Malakashi ( I'll have to use them in one of my upcoming games!). Great work!

Deano
15 August 2007, 11:41 AM
Added the fantastic artwork for the Nautolans and the Blade. Added the Valkyrian Hound to the Creatures of the Galaxy in the Articles section. Also made numerous corrections around the site.

Enjoy

Deano

Deano
11 November 2007, 05:17 AM
Updated the Random Name generator in the Articles section. Literally thousands of names added! A Special Thanks to Jason Edwards AKA "gmjabreson" for his contribution with Military Starship names.

Enjoy

Deano

Deano
19 November 2007, 02:50 PM
Added the amazing Avarrč Alien Legion to the Articles section. Some of the old timers may remember this being submitted in an old starwars-rpg.net competition. Well luckily for us Matt has given us permission to host it. Enjoy!

Deano

BRodgers
23 November 2007, 08:23 AM
Keep on keeping on brother!

Darklighter
24 November 2007, 09:30 AM
Cool article. Very thorough, with lots of hooks. Fun! :)

Nealos
1 December 2007, 06:17 AM
I just spent a while reading more stuff on TORIS... Project Hammer is a fave... Anyway, just wanted to say - we're still reading so keep posting! :)

Great stuff

Deano
1 December 2007, 11:45 PM
Thank you all for your comments, it always helps to keep me going. Speaking of which, here's another update for you all...Added Astrid II to the Characters section, it's something a little different for ya.

Deano

Deano
6 May 2008, 01:31 PM
Added the Genesis Vanquish to the Equipment section. Also added Adventure Fragments in the Articles section.

Deano

BRodgers
7 May 2008, 05:14 PM
Heya Deano!

That Vanquish is a pretty mean looking piece of ordinance!

And I dig the adventure fragments you added...nice to see "The Hammer" is still out there stirring up trouble!

:)

hatten_jc
1 October 2008, 04:21 AM
Hi im been going over your page again. And then i decided to dropp by and say THANK YOU.

I love Toris its one of my favorit places to get insperation. The Crew Calculation rules and the diffrent weapons ships have been a tresure in my Star Wars D6 campain and belive it or not in some of my Gurps campains.

And i have something you might like to putt up.

Aero-Shield.
Aerodynamic-Shields.
Weight: 4 ton on light transports.. 200 kg on small star fighters.
Cost: 25 000 for a transport Aero-shield. 10 000 fighter aero-shield.
Effect: + 1D Manuverability for a transport. +2D for a Fighter.

Explanation. The Aerodynamic-shield creat a aerodynamic formed bubble around a starship that improve its manuverability in atmospher.
Many starfighter already have build in aero-shields from the start.

And the AERO-SHIELD do not work in space. Only in atmosphere condition.

The Aero-shield is not a real shield its a add to the normal shield on the ship.
The bigger and the more bulky a ship is the more expencive and stronger Aero-shield is needed to creat a proper aerodynamic bubble form.
As with normal shields the Aero-shield is invisible for the eye.

The bubble are Often a delta wing shape or in some cases arrow.

Deano
8 November 2009, 12:07 PM
After a very long break (sorry), TORIS is proud to announce that we now host the most excellent Elrood Sector: Tales of the Freespirit web site! Go check out one the best old school sites from back in the day by IJ Thompson.

Enjoy

Deano

ij thompson
8 November 2009, 04:54 PM
Hey, wait a second... I recognize that site! :P

Very cool to see it up and around again... I feel like I'm in a time warp, here. Thank you for hosting it, Deano! :D

Grimace
8 November 2009, 06:07 PM
Great news! Good to see the Tales of the Freespirit back, and good to see you back too, Deano!

Deck
9 November 2009, 02:09 PM
Heya Master Dean!

That's excellent! It's a pleasure to see that now so much great RPG material is combined on your site! :)

See you around,

~ HiAd

Deano
31 July 2011, 02:29 AM
Updated a number of documents with minor corrections or refinements. I've also updated the Random Name generator. Version 4.1 of this generator can create over 45,000 Private starship names, over 12,000 military starship names, over 190,000 male human names, over 140,000 female human names and over 46,000 planet names!!

Deano

Grimace
31 July 2011, 09:13 AM
Cool beans!

Deano
7 January 2012, 01:45 PM
Happy new year! We have released the 2nd edition of the GM's Handbook and it can be found in the Articles section. This updated sourcebook contains 13 chapters of material for your games and covers a large portion of the material available at TORIS. Go download it and let us know what you think. We have also updated and revised the Innate Abilities found in the Rules section.

Hope you enjoy

Deano

Deano
7 January 2012, 02:45 PM
Added the bodyguard Ghartan Fynik to the Fringe Section

Deano

BRodgers
20 March 2012, 03:45 PM
Can't bellieve I didn't respond to this! I read it and must have rushed on over to check it out and forgot. Ah well, old age and all that.

Well done Deano!

Darklighter
31 March 2012, 09:53 AM
Hi Deano. I just downloaded the GM Handbook. Nice work! I'm enjoying reviewing the different homebrew rules and other resources you and your contributors put together. Well done!

Deano
26 November 2016, 10:49 AM
It's been a while, but we're still here. Made some minor adjustments across the site. Added some new Innate Abilities found in the Rules section. Added the Infonet Newfeeds to the Articles section, which is a collection from our current campaign and may be of use in your own games. The Random Name Generator has also had a big update with loads of names added to it in the Articles section. Enjoy :)