PDA

View Full Version : good pulls

blemelisk
14 September 2005, 08:37 AM
i didnt know you could get 2 rares in one of the new gigantic boxes. i pulled Admiral Ackbar and Obi Wan on Boga in one box and i pulled a Clone Trooper on Barc Speeder and Dash Rendar in another box. i like the new figures and the way they are packaged. The Barc Speeder was packaged so that the front of it wont get bent *had a card board stand underneeth the front*
i have been playing for a while now and i really enjoy it. however i do not thing there is a group that plays very often where i am now localy. but im sure ill find some.

Sithspawn
14 September 2005, 11:49 AM
I've been lucky with my pulls on the Universe set too. I've now got all the Huge. I'm glad I got Darth Maul too because I've not been able to get the Clone Strike one. Rancor is still my favourite figure so far, even if I haven't used him.

Donovan Morningfire
14 September 2005, 04:39 PM
Well, from what I've seen, the regular size figures and the Huges are ranked separately as far as rarity goes. I got my Rancor in the same booster that I pulled Kyle Katarn (both VRs), and an AT-ST with Admiral Ackbar in a different booster. A friend of mine also pulled a Rancor and Prince Xizor from a booster, again both VRs.

Sithspawn,
I fell your pain on not having CS Darth Maul, though I was lucky enough to trade for him w/ the good Reverend Strone. Not sure which is more brutal though. DM on Speeder has the striking range and the Charging Assault, but CS DM's Rolling Cleave and Triple Attack can be just brutal, especially combined with Sith Rage.

Iceberg
15 September 2005, 06:14 PM
I typically let my wife open my boxes as she's been very lucky.

My first Revenge of the Sith booster, she pulls a Darth Vader.

My most recent Universe box, she pulled a Luke Skywalker Jedi Master and an Obi-wan on the Boga.

blemelisk
16 September 2005, 12:22 PM
Iceburg... hmm... i dont have a wife... do you think anywoman might do? lol im jk.... im going to get one more today and ill edit this post to put the rares i get. btw the Dark Trooper phase III is killer for an uncommon.... i hope i get another one today.

Iceberg
17 September 2005, 05:56 AM
I still have yet to get a Dark Trooper. Hopefully today I will get lucky. I worked out a trade with a guy on a local message board for all my D&D minis. I'm getting the following:

R2D2, Astromech VR from Revenge of the Sith along with Grievous' Wheelbike from ROTS. Baron Fel VR from Universe Huge and an ATST Rare Huge from Universe. 3 unopened boosters of Universe.

I'd say my chances are pretty good for pulling some good minis.

- Ice

SW_Minis_C_KY (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SW_Minis_C_KY/)

Donovan Morningfire
17 September 2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by blemelisk
btw the Dark Trooper phase III is killer for an uncommon.... i hope i get another one today.
I've snagged three of them, and in a hundred point game using all three gets to be pretty darn brutal, especially with a few stormtroopers to provide combined fire bonus :D

blemelisk
18 September 2005, 06:04 PM
i have 2 of them and i love em.... i used one today with vader *the very first that came with the rebel storm starter *only one i had on hand* with a few stormies.... and i won that round in the torney... lol the only one i won out of the 4 o well it was fun :D but i got a few cool things. but yea those things are murder... especially the missles mmm got to love missle 20

teh_scott
19 September 2005, 12:52 PM
I on the other hand have had horrible luck. I pre-ordered 12 boxes before the set came out. The rare characters I got in those boxes:

2 Chewbacca, Rebel Heroes
2 Baron Fels
2 Darth Vader, Jedi Hunters
2 Guris
2 Luke Skywalker on Tauntauns
2 Grand Admiral Thrawns

12 boxes, the same 6 unique characters twice. What are the odds of that?

Donovan Morningfire
20 September 2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by teh_scott
I on the other hand have had horrible luck. I pre-ordered 12 boxes before the set came out. The rare characters I got in those boxes:

2 Chewbacca, Rebel Heroes
2 Baron Fels
2 Darth Vader, Jedi Hunters
2 Guris
2 Luke Skywalker on Tauntauns
2 Grand Admiral Thrawns

12 boxes, the same 6 unique characters twice. What are the odds of that?
About the same odds that a friend of mine bought 4 RotS boosters from a local Wal-mart and ended up with 4 San Hills. I believe that's the only time I saw him on the verge of tears.

Although, getting an extra JH Vader and GA Thrawn may not be such a curse. If you head over to the SW Minis Tradehouse section of the WotC Message Boards, you might be able to do some trading for figures you need, especially given people's desire for Thrawn. Baron Fel and Luke on Tauntaun might also fetch a decent trade or two. Chewie and Guri would largely be deal-sweeteners.

Sithspawn
21 September 2005, 03:00 AM
Oh well, I finally got a poor booster. A second Nien Numb and my third Bantha. At least my mate bought the Nien Nunb off me. It's singles from now on until the next set.

blemelisk
21 September 2005, 10:35 AM
yea of the origanal characters i still dont have a c3 or a chewbacca.. i hope i can get both of them soon... i may just have to go single though. i have already boutght many boosters... i dont have a chewbacca from any of the sets and i really want one. i think ill buy him single.. cause Chewbacca is one of my fav characters *even named one of my dogs after him lol* anywho... i hope i get them soon.