PDA

View Full Version : This is horrible!..

Hteba Zile
16 September 2005, 05:18 PM
But quite humorous I must say...

http://www.egreetings.com/display.pd?bfrom=1&prodnum=3080511&Searchstr=darth%20dubya&path=36012&st=t

boccelounge
17 September 2005, 11:48 AM
Man, it's too bad that the Star Wars saga has no relevance to current-affairs...

;)

Corr Terek
17 September 2005, 03:27 PM
Eh, it's only "horrible" depending on one's political views. Me, I suppose I could take offense at being labeled "of the Dark Side", but...I won't. Because it was mildly amusing.

But if Bush manages to stay in office long after his term expires, *then* I'll be worried...

:D

Rostek
17 September 2005, 04:55 PM
Moderately funny- and fairly non-offensive. Family friendly satire ;)

FlipDog 2000
17 September 2005, 10:18 PM
Its funny cause its true...

Darth Bile
18 September 2005, 07:49 AM
watched it, wasn't amused by it personally, and flip, i don't know how you can say it is true. and i doubt he'll stay in office after his term is up either, and i can see how other people would think it's funny, and no, i didn't say it was horrible, just didn't think it was funny is all, but then again, i don't find much stuff funny.

Rostek
18 September 2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Darth Bile
watched it, wasn't amused by it personally, and flip, i don't know how you can say it is true. and i doubt he'll stay in office after his term is up either, and i can see how other people would think it's funny, and no, i didn't say it was horrible, just didn't think it was funny is all, but then again, i don't find much stuff funny.

True, as in, he used to be a moderate conservative (back when he ran for Congress, and even some privately expressed stuff which may or may not be true), and then he turned far right when he ran for governer (as either a result of his *ahem* conversion, or cynically trying to get votes- something I wager every pol has done more than once in their lifetime ;)).
"Dark side" is a convinient characterization to fit it into the satirical story.
:shrug: Not your bag, fair enough.

Fingon
18 September 2005, 01:15 PM
I didn't think it was funny either. But my only problem with satire like this is that Bush is not stupid. It's a fallacious claim. Talk funny, wishy-washy, yes, but he isn't stpid.

And one thing, Rostek, yes, he did go 'far to the right side,' as much as politicians go now, but he very qucikly went back to 'moderate conservative' when we has elected.

Grimace
18 September 2005, 02:19 PM
As I can see this rapidly turning into a political debate (as it's already going that direction) and those are strongly frowned upon due to nobody ever changing another person's mind and only succeeding in raising tempers, I'm going to close this thread.