PDA

View Full Version : "order 66" for nogri

blemelisk
26 September 2005, 06:21 PM
it was obvious what Order 66 was going to be fore. however i think that the nogri should or might get one eventurally as well for Luke, Leia and the rest of the family *main characters because they are all considered family*

as many of us know the nogri had swarn allegance *or something like that* to Lord Vador they owned him something like a life debt. and of course cause Luke and Leia are his children the Nogri honored the "life debt like thing" with Luke and Leia. the same thing for Order 66 would be the same for the Nogri but for Luke Leia and etc.

what do all of you think?

boccelounge
26 September 2005, 07:42 PM
I think it sounds quite plausible.

It makes sense that the Noghri would have all kinds of "special" or standing orders.

What you really need to decide is whether Vader had time to order the Noghri to do anything against Luke. Certainly not Leia; he only knew of his daughter for the last hour or so of his life.

The other difference between this situation and Order 66 is of course that the Noghri are loyal, but not quite as mindlessly loyal as the clones... when the situation changes (e.g. Vader dies), they might have more capacity to re-evaluate their standing orders-- as opposed to the clones, who'd always follow the orders as given.

HTH.

(Out of curiousity: is this just an interesting topic of conversation, or something you plan to use in an RPG campaign?)

Darth Fierce
27 September 2005, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by boccelounge
The other difference between this situation and Order 66 is of course that the Noghri are loyal, but not quite as mindlessly loyal as the clones... when the situation changes (e.g. Vader dies), they might have more capacity to re-evaluate their standing orders-- as opposed to the clones, who'd always follow the orders as given.

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Noghri are loyal, but, as we've seen, are more capable of defying orders they don't agree with than clonetroopers could be...

:noghri: Rule!
:clonetpr: :clonetpr: :clonetpr: Drool!

Darth Fierce :vader:

boccelounge
27 September 2005, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Darth Fierce
I think you hit the nail right on the head. Noghri are loyal, but, as we've seen, are more capable of defying orders they don't agree with than clonetroopers could be...
Right... but I don't think so much about them "defying" orders. I just think that where clonetrooper loyalty comes from genetic programming, Noghri loyalty come from their personal honor code-- it's a choice.

Originally posted by Darth Fierce
:noghri: Rule!
:clonetpr: :clonetpr: :clonetpr: Drool!
LOL...

Darth Bile
27 September 2005, 11:49 AM
they are loyal, but if they find out they have been lied too, they will kill the person who lied to them, as Grand admiral thrawn found out the hard way. The reason they followed vader was because of their code of honor and that he lied to them about saving their planet.

blemelisk
27 September 2005, 07:20 PM
all of you have good points.. and btw i was just thinking maybe Wizards would put this in, because they follow Liea after they find out that Liea is Vaders Daughter. though yes they could find out the truth but i think the whole minis thing kinda follows what is going on in the books and in the movies so they would remain loyal to Liea and Family untill sometime in the books they find out Vader lied to them.

so in other words the game factor would be that any nogri could be in a squad with Liea and/or Luke

i belive it was in the Thawn books was it not?

Darth Bile
28 September 2005, 11:32 AM
umm, as for the mini's, no clue, don't buy them, prefer the rpg aspect of the game, not what they are doing with mini's, whatever that is, and yes, it was the thrawn trilogy. And as for wizards, i don't think they know what end of a pencil is used for writing. and it's been many years since the thrawn trilogy in the books, so they have been following leia for a long time now.

so in other words the game factor would be that any nogri could be in a squad with Liea and/or Luke
huh?

PsychoInfiltrator
1 October 2005, 02:26 PM
It makes snese that Noghri could be with Luk/Leia/otherNRs/Talon Karrde's people/etc, if era appropriate-(Post-The Last Command)