PDA

View Full Version : OOC thread - Sons of Djanakai



Pages : [1] 2

RemyLeBeau
27 September 2005, 05:34 AM
Okay, here's the planet:

Planet Djanakai, codenamed Theta5609832__DJA, is the fifth planet from a theta-stage sun in Hutt space, somewhere between Nar Shadda and Barab I. It has one small sea, but most of the water on the planet is contained in underground reservoirs. Its surface ranges from tropical to arid, with mild winters and boiling summers.
The planet consists of 61% Humans, 38% Rodians, and 1% Others. The repressive government, fueled by Hutt corruption, does not usually allow its citizens to leave. However, with the corruption, there are methods of getting by.
Djanakai is mostly an industrial city, with manufacturing plants and refineries scattered where minerals can be found. Its chief export is spaceship parts, due to the high amounts of titanium and yttrium that have leached into the water table.

The city that the group lives in is Akol, population 18,346. The Hutts have a good grip on the government, industry, and just about everything else in Akol. Which means that security was lax enough (drinks all around, courtesy of Janda!) for the group to smuggle ship parts steadily out of the warehouse for years.

- - - -

On to more important things. As far as I can tell, we've got Stormrider as a Rodian Fringer/Mechanic, Skywalker as a Human Scoundrel/Pilot, Darth_Wyld as a Human Scout/Hunter, and Uron Teff as a John Doe.

Uron Teff
27 September 2005, 06:06 AM
Jane Doe!!!

I'm playing a female Force Adept. Well I think something like the aprentice of the local religion's priest.

BTW why, when I'm playing a FA, am I playing a female FA??? Well dunno, but shell be gorgeous....:marajade:

darth_wyld
27 September 2005, 06:07 AM
If I may be so bold as to post a first exposé as a statblock (background needs some more work...)

Joyl Maansard: Male Human Scout 1; Init +1 (+1 Dex); Defense +13 (+2 class, +1 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 10/15; Atk+1 ranged (3d6/19-20 or DC 15 stun, Blaster rifle, sporting, range 40 m) or +2 melee (1d4+2/20, Knife, range 2 m); SV Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +2; SZ M; FP 1; Rep 0; Str 14, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 8, Challenge Code A.

Skills: Climb+3, Computer Use+1, Demolitions+1, Hide+4, Knowledge (wilderness lore)+2, Knowledge (biology)+2, Listen+3, Move Silently+4, Pilot+3, Repair+2, Search+2, Spot+3, Survival+4, Swim+4.

Feats: Far Shot, Point Blank Shot, Track, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons).

Stormrider
27 September 2005, 10:56 AM
"Grins" An interesting group. A hunter, a pilot, a wise-ass rodian mechanic , and a force adept.

Uron Teff
27 September 2005, 11:33 AM
My first question is:
Is the Planet Djanakai somehow dangerous?

Second:
As I'm Mister Relations what are the relations between our chars exept the fact that they went together to school?
Is Stormrider's Rodian the best friend of darth_wyld's hunter Joyl Maansard, for example?

Stormrider
27 September 2005, 11:41 AM
and how did we all to the decision to build a ship to escape the planet?

Did we have help from any others? ((NPC's))

Name of our beloved ship.

I suggest we all start out as friends. perhaps not really close friends.. But still pretty darned good..

Uron Teff
27 September 2005, 11:42 AM
The first draft of my character:

Yesha Dissek : Human Force Adept 1; Init +1 (+1 Dex); Defense +14 (+3 class, +1 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 8/10; Atk-5/-9 melee (1d6-1/20, Quarterstaff) or -1 melee (1d6-1/20, Quarterstaff); SV Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4; SZ M; FP 2; Rep 0; Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 15, Challenge Code A.

Skills: Knowledge (astronomy)+4, Listen+4, Sense Motive+5, Spot+3, Treat Injury+6, Tumble+3.

Force Skills: Affect Mind+6, Empathy+5, Enhance Senses+5, Friendship+6, See Force+5, Telepathy+3.

Feats: Force Sensitive, Weapon Group Proficiency (primitive weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Sense, Skill Emphasis (Affect Mind).

RemyLeBeau
27 September 2005, 12:47 PM
Well, Uron, relations between characters can be completely up to you. As long as it's within reason, it's fine by me.

As to the decision to make the ship, It developed over time. Like any good thing, it didn't happen instantly. Stormrider had the ability to assemble, while others (Wyld and Skywalker) smuggled parts and Uron's char likely helped pacify the Hutts and keep the government inquirers clueless.

I'm gonna officially start the game on Oct. 5th, so there's time for some lurker to make up their mind. (And time for me to get the stats together...)

Uron Teff
27 September 2005, 12:54 PM
I like what you have wrote about my char, but now I do tend towards a different direction. Well at first I thought that my char was some sort of priest or something like that, but...


...and Uron's char likely helped pacify the Hutts and keep the government inquirers clueless.

Now I tend to either a classic noble or a force noble. Hihi.
I haven't played the Noble class ever before (and I'm playing SWRPG for about 6 years) and both concepts are a option for me.

So all the GM has to do, is telling me what he could easier include into his/our campaign.

Stormrider
27 September 2005, 01:40 PM
This is my first and maybe final draft of Fin. Backwater mechanic.

"Fin: Male Rodian Fringer 1; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Defense +15 (+3 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 8/10; Atk+2 ranged (3d4/20 or DC 12 stun, Blaster, sporting Defender, range 8 m); SV Fort +2, Ref +3, Will -1; SZ M; FP 1; Rep 0; Str 12, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 15, Wis 9, Cha 10,SQ.Bonus Feat((WGP.((Blaster Pistols)). Bonus Class skill ((Repair)) Challenge Code A.

Skills: Computer Use+6, Craft (space transports)+5, Craft (tools)+5, Gamble+2, Knowledge (technology)+4, Listen+4, Profession (mechanic)+2, Repair+8, Spot+4.

Feats: Gearhead, Track, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (primitive weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons)."


Gear. 1 Defender Sporting Blaster.
1 Tool Kit
3 Powerpacks
1 Comlink
1 BlasTech Blaster Repair Kit.
1 All temp cloak.

Uron Teff
27 September 2005, 02:45 PM
Jerec Baskalar: Male Human Noble 1; Init +1 (+1 Dex); Defense +13 (+2 class, +1 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 6/10; Atk+1 ranged (3d6/20 or DC 15 stun, Blaster pistol, range 10 m) or -3/-3 ranged (3d6/20, Blaster pistol with Multifire, range 10 m) or -1 melee (1d3-1, Unarmed); SQ Favor +1; SV Fort ±0, Ref +2, Will +3; SZ M; FP 1; Rep 1; Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 15, Challenge Code A.
Skills: Appraise+5, Bluff+6, Computer Use+6, Diplomacy+6, Knowledge (streetwise)+5, Knowledge (bureaucracy)+3, Knowledge (business)+4, Knowledge (politics)+3, Profession (trader)+4, Sense Motive+5.
Force Skills: Affect Mind+6, Empathy+4.
Feats: Force Sensitive, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons).
Force Feats:Alter.

Gear: Credit Chip(1425cr.), Comlink (Secure-A3), Datapad, Blaster Pistol, Power Pack (3x).

Background will follow soon.

Stormrider
27 September 2005, 05:32 PM
"Fin: Male Rodian Fringer 1; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Defense +15 (+3 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 8/10; Atk+2 ranged (3d4/20 or DC 12 stun, Blaster, sporting Defender, range 8 m); SV Fort +2, Ref +3, Will -1; SZ M; FP 1; Rep 0; Str 12, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 15, Wis 9, Cha 10,SQ Bonus Feat ((WGP ((Blaster Pistols)) Bonus Class Skill ((Repair)), Challenge Code A.

Skills: Computer Use+6, Craft (space transports)+5, Craft (tools)+5, Craft (electronic devices)+5, Knowledge (technology)+5, Knowledge (streetwise)+4, Listen+3, Repair+8, Search+6, Spot+3.

Feats: Gearhead, Track, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (primitive weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons)."

Gear
Blaster, sporting Defender
Tool kit
All-temperature cloak
4 power packs
BlasTech Blaster Repair Kit
Comlink
Credit chip ((150 Crd.))

Well this does it for the stats for Fin.

RemyLeBeau
27 September 2005, 06:14 PM
Stormrider, do you have a history/background typed up, or is that coming?

Other than that everything seems to be flowing smoothly.

Stormrider
28 September 2005, 02:20 AM
It's coming. Just as soon as we work out how we know each other.

Uron Teff
28 September 2005, 02:34 AM
Well actually I think that Jerec needs to know Skywalkers char the pilot/smuggler. This'll be a great roleplay option. I think they will be at least good friends not to speak of best friends.
What do you think Skywalker

Stormrider
28 September 2005, 02:37 AM
.............Which are you playing Uron? The Noble or The Force Adept?

Uron Teff
28 September 2005, 02:50 AM
The last one I posted. The noble. HARHAR!

darth_wyld
28 September 2005, 04:27 AM
Stormrider,

since your character is a rodian and mine is a hunter, maybe we know each other from going hunting together, as Fin has "Track", too?

And maybe Fin is the connection to Skywalkers pilot, being a tech. So we'd have a nice network of friendship and connection and we have the possiblity of characters not liking each other THAT much.

Uron Teff
28 September 2005, 04:33 AM
My next question to both the GM and the other participating players is:
The Idea of leaving Djanakai, when had it first come up to our minds? Before the campaign had started (so background) or is our first task of roleplaying to have the idea of leaving and making up a plan to get this done?

RemyLeBeau
28 September 2005, 05:38 AM
Well, as far as common sense and background goes, it's likely the idea came up as soon as the group started getting jobs.
Skywalker and Stormrider both are employed in an area where it is easy to pilfer ship parts. Stormrider is also able to construct a ship, Uron is able to keep the cops off their back until it gets built.

Stormrider
28 September 2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by darth_wyld
Stormrider,

since your character is a rodian and mine is a hunter, maybe we know each other from going hunting together, as Fin has "Track", too?

And maybe Fin is the connection to Skywalkers pilot, being a tech. So we'd have a nice network of friendship and connection and we have the possiblity of characters not liking each other THAT much.

mmmmmm. Now this sounds like a good idea.. Now how would Uron's character come into play? ((Warning. If you play an arrogant noble . Fin will taunt and harrass the living hell out of you. Due to his dislike of snotty upper-class brats.))

and I submit a name for our ship.

Piece of Sithspawn

Uron Teff
28 September 2005, 04:24 PM
Piece of Sithspawn???
Well I don't know... maybe a bit to offensive....

What about:
Pride of Djanakai...
or
Supremacy...
or
Scrap of Djanakai (depending on the quality of the ship;) )
or
Absquatulator

Only a few guesses.

Skywalker
28 September 2005, 04:52 PM
I have my first draft character in. I too will have a background of my char as soon as the relations thing is sorted out. I also have a ship name. How about, Shattered Sky? Its a work in progress.

Darren Maar: Male Human Pilot/Smuggler 1;
Init +2 (+2 Dex);
Defense +14 (+2 class, +2 Dex);
Spd 10 m;
VP/WP 9/16;
Atk+2 ranged (3d6-1/20 or DC 15 stun, Blaster pistol DH-17, range 12 m) or -2/-2 ranged (4d6-1/20,
Blaster rifle carbine with Multifire, range 22 m);
SV Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1;
SZ M;
FP 1;
Rep 0;

Str 13, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 11, Cha 11, Challenge Code A.

Skills: Craft Starship Thrusters +5, Move Silently+4, Pilot+6, Profession Outer Plating Armor +4, Sleight of Hand+4, Treat Injury+4.

Feats: Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles), starship operations (speeders, T-47, cargo ships).

Equipment: DH-17 blaster pistol, Blaster rifle carbine(no specific one yet), Pilot helmet,

Appearance: Mid-length hair(brown). Wears clothes basically identical to Han Solo's, blue eyes, and stands a little over 6'2".



Well actually I think that Jerec needs to know Skywalkers char the pilot/smuggler. This'll be a great roleplay option. I think they will be at least good friends not to speak of best friends.

That sounds like a good idea, and not the best of friends, just friends. Hey, little light bulb above head! You secretly arm the whole party since you have slight connections and can do it without being discovered. And one more thing, can anyone think of a good rifle that I could use? I can't find my book. I probably left it at my friend's house. Big help.

Stormrider
28 September 2005, 04:56 PM
Blaster rifle, SoroSuubFirelance
Cost.1,200
Damage.3d8
Critical.20
Range.30 m
Weight.3 kg
Stun DC..20
Type.energy
Size.medium

Uron Teff
28 September 2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Skywalker
Profession Outer Plating Armor +4, Treat Injury+4.

Feats: starship operations (speeders, T-47, cargo ships).


I hate to be the nit-picker but what's Profession(Outer Plating Armor)?
And how the hell can your char have [b]Treat Injury+4. Treat injury is no class skill and you only have a Wisdom score of 11.
And I haven't known that speeders are Starships neither is the Airspeeder T-47.

Well as always, no offense pal.;)

Skywalker
28 September 2005, 05:50 PM
Oops. You're right Uron. Since I don't have my book, I took one of my old characters and tweaked his stats a little and forgot to take stuf away a be more specific. Here is the real version.

Darren Maar: Male Human Pilot/Smuggler 1;
Init +2 (+2 Dex);
Defense +14 (+2 class, +2 Dex);
Spd 10 m;
VP/WP 9/16;
Atk+2 ranged (3d6-1/20 or DC 15 stun, Blaster pistol DH-17, range 12 m) or -2/-2 ranged (4d6-1/20,
Blaster rifle carbine with Multifire, range 22 m);
SV Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1;
SZ M;
FP 1;
Rep 0;

Str 13, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 11, Cha 11, Challenge Code A.

Skills: Craft Starship Thrusters +5, Move Silently+4, Pilot+6, Sleight of Hand+4

Feats: Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles)

Equipment: DH-17 blaster pistol, Blaster rifle carbine Sorosuub Firelance, Pilot helmet

Appearance: Mid-length hair(brown). Wears clothes basically identical to Han Solo's, blue eyes, and stands a little over 6'2".

What I did meanis that he can fly a cargo ship, specifically the on we are building, and he can fly, and owns, a T-47 Airspeeder.

Stormrider
28 September 2005, 05:53 PM
I suggest you take the Starship Operation feat for Transports otherwise you get a nasty -4 penalty to pilot checks. and you forgot the human bonus feat. ;) If you need anything from the RCR,UAA, or Heroes Guide. I'd be glad to supply it. Just ask Uron.

Uron Teff
28 September 2005, 05:59 PM
As I can see it Skywalker you have loads of unspend skill points. I would like that our pilot would have at least one or two ranks in Astrogate. Take this (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=235943&perpage=1&pagenumber=119) as guide line. Stormrider has *cough* out of the RCR. This would be the first five level of the scoundrel class.

Stormrider
28 September 2005, 06:05 PM
"Grunts" I suppose you'd be interested in Starships of the Galaxy since your our pilot? If ya want something from the book. PM me.

RemyLeBeau
28 September 2005, 06:24 PM
I apologize guys - I haven't been getting on more than 2x a day - but things seem to be well in hand.
HOWEVER

I already have the ship model picked out, so don't start with that quite yet.
Also, Skywalker, the airspeeder isn't a problem, but I'm not going to give it to you free. (Duh) The cost of it will come out of your credit bank.

And as to the name of the ship, Scrap of Djanakai might be the most appropriate.... just so you know

Uron Teff
28 September 2005, 06:38 PM
Well Remy I hope that the so called 'Scrap of Djanakai' is no ××××ty old Verpine Adventurer.
If it is, I'll have to use everything I have to book us all a passage of this rock. I'm not flying with those cans. They're small, pirty and you cannot change it. (Made bad expirience with those!)

But besides that:
We don't call our ship 'Scrap of Djanakai'. Yeah I know that I posted this name but it was more a gag than a worthy name for our ship. Take one pick of the others I had offered.

And besides that:
First stop Corporate Sectore! Non of my chars had the possibiliy to get to the CS. And I heard that there are some very good mechanics and shipengeneers, no offense Stormrider. What do you say? Next stop, Corporate Sector?

darth_wyld
28 September 2005, 09:15 PM
Regarding the ship... how about: Escapism

Corporate Sector reminds me of the group I play with... they once said (I think after being catched bei ESPOs) "I know how we can make a lot of money. We write a book: All the galaxy's prisons on just 20 Credits.

RemyLeBeau
29 September 2005, 05:15 AM
No, no, the ship is a true light cargo ship - however, it's not factory standard, nor is it standard anything, really. Spaceships have models just like cars. Imagine trying to build a car by pilfering parts from 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 cars. Difficult, to say the least.

EDIT

Escapism sounds like an excellent name.

Skywalker
29 September 2005, 05:27 AM
Ok, so get a little more feats a skills? No prob. Here is draft #2.

Darren Maar: Male Human Pilot/Smuggler 1;
Init +2 (+2 Dex);
Defense +14 (+2 class, +2 Dex);
Spd 10 m;
VP/WP 9/16;
Atk+2 ranged (3d6-1/20 or DC 15 stun, Blaster pistol DH-17, range 12 m) or -2/-2 ranged (4d6-1/20,
Blaster rifle carbine with Multifire, range 22 m);
SV Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1;
SZ M;
FP 1;
Rep 0;

Str 13, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 11, Cha 11, Challenge Code A.

Skills: Astrogate +4, Appraise +4, Craft Starship Thrusters +5, Move Silently+4, Pilot+6, Sleight of Hand+4, Bluff +5, Gamble +5

Feats: Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles)Illicit Barter,Starship Operations(transports),

Equipment: DH-17 blaster pistol, Blaster rifle carbine Sorosuub Firelance, Pilot helmet, T-47 airspeeder(how many credits though?)

Appearance: Mid-length hair(brown). Wears clothes basically identical to Han Solo's, blue eyes, and stands a little over 6'2".

Something like this. Anymore will come later in a final draft if needed.

Uron Teff
29 September 2005, 02:54 PM
Here he is... the famous... the fantastic... Spiderm....no not realy:

Jerec Baskalar: Male Human Noble 1; Init +1 (+1 Dex); Defense +13 (+2 class, +1 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 6/10; Atk+1 ranged (3d6/20 or DC 15 stun, Blaster pistol, range 10 m) or -3/-3 ranged (3d6/20, Blaster pistol with Multifire, range 10 m) or -1 melee (1d3-1, Unarmed); SQ Favor +1; SV Fort ±0, Ref +2, Will +3; SZ M; FP 1; Rep 1; Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 15, Challenge Code A.

Skills: Appraise+5, Bluff+6, Computer Use+6, Diplomacy+6, Knowledge (streetwise)+5, Knowledge (bureaucracy)+3, Knowledge (business)+4, Knowledge (politics)+3, Profession (trader)+4, Sense Motive+5.

Equipment: Blaster Pistol (yet unused), Power Pack (3x), Comlink (Secure A-3), Datapad, Credit Chip (1,425 cr.)

Force Skills: Affect Mind+6, Empathy+4.

Feats: Force Sensitive, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter

History:
Jerec Baskalar was born into one of the richest families on Djanakai he had an natural aptitude to manipulate the Force or ‘The Sway’ like his mother called it. His mother, herself an adept to the Force, high priest to the local Denomination of Sarn taught, as she once was taught by her own mother, Jerec as much as she could before his father found out his aptitude and forebid its practice and its practicing. His father Art Baskalar was a local weapon trader. Well actually he wasn’t a trader, more the boss of a smuggler gang. But besides this Jerec had a realy normal life for the his origine. He went to school with the age of seven and staid there till he was 16. His father intended to send him to elite school far away from Djanakai after he had finished the local school with the age of 16. But non of this happened. Days before his 16 birthday, only three month before he and his friends graduated from local school Jerec’s father was found lying in a ditch only 20 meters away from the house. The inquest resulted that he was tortured to death. There were no more futher investigations why his father was dead and who had killed him. On a world like Djanakai this can only mean, it was Hutt-work. Well actually not Hutt-work because of the fact that Hutts don’t work but commanded by Hutts and done by their various henchmen. After guessing this all together Jerec made a plan to find out who ordered the death of his father and to get revenge.
With the age of 16 Jerec started to work for one of the minor local Hutt Lords who needed help with organizing his small gang of stupid rodians and untalented humans. After a few month he was the majordomus of the Hutt and had access to his finances. Not only the fact that he was smart – smarter than anybody in this organization – brought him to this position. More the fact that he was attuned to something that his mother called ‘The Sway’ or something like that. He used his enormous ability to affect the minds of others to get where he belonged, in his opinion. More and more ‘his’ little organization was working. And more and more he grabbed the little power this hutts organization had. But onceagain kismet striked at the hart of his and so he found himself in a police investigation. The Hutt Lord he was working for ‘has passed away’ as one of the police-men had told him. The other muther something like ‘His spark of life is smothered in ××××e.’ Once again the victim was tortured to death. But this time he was in the middle of a police investigation. Nontheless the crime lord’s organization, ‘his’ organization was disbanded as multiple so called employees imprisoned because of ‘participation in criminal acts’.

Personality:
Calm and calculating may be the best discription for this human. He has an extra ordinary sense of making money and works with every instrument to get this money. He wears a black 'designer' (designer is relative because comes from a backwater world named Djanakai) suit.

That would be me: HERE (http://www.swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1122&screen=0&action=search&keyword=Noble&date=&type=search)
Well add different cloth (usual black but dark colors are also possible) and that'll be me.

Skywalker
29 September 2005, 04:40 PM
I have an idea. Well, my guy will start out as 16 years old. He meets Uron, Stormrider, and darth wyld's characters and they become good freinds. In their high school years, they each follow their own path of expertise for the well devised escape plan they've been plotting since the 7th grade. Darren learns piloting and mahematics(for gambling where he gets most of his money) and the others do the stuff they specialize in. So for his 15th birthday, he was given a T-16 speeder, and he used it often. He eventually got money for a new T-47 speeder. So they get parts, weapons, courtesy of Uron Teff's character in the avengence of his father, and he killed the Hutt lord(as Uron's background goes). Anyway, they keep on with the construcion and that sums it up.

I have another input for the ship name. How about Moonraker? Another thing, will I have a credit chip in my equipment worth enough for a T-47 airspeeder? And if so, am I allowed to load in into the cargo bay of the ship?

Uron Teff
29 September 2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Skywalker
I have an idea. Well, my guy will start out as 16 years old. He meets Uron, Stormrider, and darth wyld's characters and they become good freinds. In their high school years, they each follow their own path of expertise for the well devised escape plan they've been plotting since the 7th grade. Darren learns piloting and mahematics(for gambling where he gets most of his money) and the others do the stuff they specialize in. So for his 15th birthday, he was given a T-16 speeder, and he used it often. He eventually got money for a new T-47 speeder. So they get parts, weapons, courtesy of Uron Teff's character in the avengence of his father, and he killed the Hutt lord(as Uron's background goes). Anyway, they keep on with the construcion and that sums it up.

I have another input for the ship name. How about Moonraker? Another thing, will I have a credit chip in my equipment worth enough for a T-47 airspeeder? And if so, am I allowed to load in into the cargo bay of the ship?

Here is a bad news for you Skywalker:
My Character hasn't killed the Hutt Crimelord. The police only suggested that he was it because he would have the greatest personal gain from the death of the Hutt (well actually the police guy were some fools not guessing that an other Hutt Lord could possibly killed my employer or they were bribed by the other crime lord - I leave that to you).;)
And second:
Moonraker is a cool name and I love the old James Bond movies but... I think Escapism fits to our situation. And isn't this the only intention of a ship's name?;)

darth_wyld
30 September 2005, 04:21 AM
Got mine done:

Joyl Maansard: Male Human Scout 1; Init +1 (+1 Dex); Defense +13 (+2 class, +1 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 10/15; Atk+1 ranged (3d6/19-20 or DC 15 stun, Blaster rifle, sporting, range 40 m) or +2 melee (1d4+2/20, Knife, range 2 m); SV Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +2; SZ M; FP 1; Rep 0; Str 14, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 8, Challenge Code A.

Skills: Climb+3, Computer Use+1, Demolitions+1, Hide+4, Knowledge (wilderness lore)+2, Listen+3, Move Silently+4, Pilot+3, Profession (Farmer)+3, Repair+2, Search+2, Spot+3, Survival+4, Swim+4.

Feats: Far Shot, Point Blank Shot, Track, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons).

Equipment Cost Weight
All-temperature cloak 100 1,5 kg
Electrobinoculars 1.000 1,0 kg
Energy cells (3) 30 0,0 kg



Background: Joyl was born as the third son of a local farmer. The work was hard, the earinings low. His mother insisted on a good education, since his mental capacities came rather from his mother's side than from his fathers's. His father wanted him to work at the farm but mother insisted: "And what'll he do later? Live with his three brothers here? He could make it. He could work in the factories. He could earn some real money!". And then they started to fight, doors where banging... well nevertheless, he went to school.

There he met the others. The calm and anlytic Jerec, Darren who wanted to fly more than everything, Fin the rodian gearhead and he, the hunter. They became friends. Meanwhile living on the farm started to bother him more and more. His only release besides being with his friends was going out hunting. His brothers showed him how to hunt but soon his skills in tracking and shooting became better than their's. Hunting brought food home but took a long time... time Joyl could have spent doing farmwork. So going hunting was something special which he mostly did alone when his father allowed or wasn't able to hold him.

One day someone brought up the idea to go away. The idea to work together to leave this sorry excuse for a planet and see what's out there. The others aquired the parts. Joyl helped to carry them, to hide them in the woods, to find a place to build the ship. And over the time it started to look like it would really happen... he would get away from this planet, from the farm, from his stupid brothers, from his choleric father.

Appearance: Joyl is about 1,75m tall, weighing around 75kg. He looks rather sturdy, dark hair, sporadic stubble in his face. Grey eyes. He wears a green, worn anorak over a simple shirt and dark trousers.

Personality: He can be quite talkative, but it depends on who is around. It takes some time for him to trust people and to be open towards them. From time to time he can be a bit sarcastic.

RemyLeBeau
30 September 2005, 05:22 AM
Excellent. Chars are coming out good, I don't see any problems.

Back to that T-47 Airspeeder, though.
I suppose Darren could have gambled (and swindled?) enough money together to get a T-47. However, not a new one. I'll roll some dice when I get home and figure out how good a condition it's in, but the best way to describe it would be 'lightly used'. On Djanakai, airspeeders are used for two things: getting around and airspeeder races. (Highly illegal and also highly profitable. Hutts everywhere. Occasionally rigged.)

Skywalker
30 September 2005, 06:01 AM
My Character hasn't killed the Hutt Crimelord. The police only suggested that he was it because he would have the greatest personal gain from the death of the Hutt (well actually the police guy were some fools not guessing that an other Hutt Lord could possibly killed my employer or they were bribed by the other crime lord - I leave that to you).

Ok, I just misunderstood the background a little.


Back to that T-47 Airspeeder, though.
I suppose Darren could have gambled (and swindled?) enough money together to get a T-47. However, not a new one. I'll roll some dice when I get home and figure out how good a condition it's in, but the best way to describe it would be 'lightly used'. On Djanakai, airspeeders are used for two things: getting around and airspeeder races. (Highly illegal and also highly profitable. Hutts everywhere. Occasionally rigged)

Ok, since mathematics is one of my guys strong points, he could get an edge on the bets, hence, winning a T-47. Let me know the results.

Uron Teff
30 September 2005, 09:45 AM
There it comes... a new idea forming in my mind...

On Djanakai, airspeeders are used for two things: getting around and airspeeder races. (Highly illegal and also highly profitable. Hutts everywhere. Occasionally rigged.)

Why don't we start with make a bit money on Djanakai. I know, I know, we all want to leave this place but I would say leave this place with a bag full money we won from a cheatened race... lets see I have to think about one more time, but it seems like a good idea, IMHO.
What do you think folks?

Stormrider
30 September 2005, 09:51 AM
I'm sure Fin could rig up the Airspeeder with some kind of speed or maneuverability boost. ((that would be cheating of course. Buuut. since it is the Hutt's who sponsor these things. I wouldn't mind at all)):D

Uron Teff
30 September 2005, 10:01 AM
You know, I'm not only talking about rigging the T-47. I also was talking about real cheating...
Like Subulba had done.
And about *waves hand* you'll give me 10,000 if my speeder wins!
And also about 'Fin, they used to come around the corner now, do you see 'em?' 'Yes I see 'em, gonna blast the first one!'
And I was talking about 'Joyl, are the traps set?' 'Yes, they are. Lets see what they are worth.'
And I was talking about *waves hand* 'You're not going to partivipate on this speeder race. You'll sleep all day long.'

Now what do you think?

Stormrider
30 September 2005, 10:09 AM
Hurting or killing someone?! No. Rigging the speeder? Yes. you using force powers to trick them? Yes.

Uron Teff
30 September 2005, 10:15 AM
I haven't said that you'll have to fire at the pilots. I meant that you shoot the speeders, hit some engery ccoupling or something like that.

This would be the last big 'robbery' we're going to make on this rock. Afterwards we'll be hunted by the Hutt's but I don't care. Makes it all a bit... tantalizing:D

But this only My Humble Opinion.

Skywalker
30 September 2005, 04:15 PM
So the last job we pull is winning a rigged race? No prob. Daren is up for any challenge (that is if you had Darren piloting the speeder in mind, but I'm the pilot guy, so why not let me fly?)! So we boost up my speeder, set "traps" or something, and hope the bait comes in? This really sounds like a plan.

Also, Uron, the character generater link you sent me won't download yet on my computer since I just got a new one and it doesn't have Microsoft Excel yet. So I'll have it in a week or two. Unless you're ok with stats I sent in for right now.

RemyLeBeau
1 October 2005, 11:04 AM
Okay, sorry I've not been on so often guys, I've been busy with crap-o schoolwork. Anyway, I've finally jacked together the stats for both Airspeeder and Spaceship:

T-47 Airspeeder:
1 crew, 1 passenger, 5kg cargo
Max alt: 12.5 km
Initiative +1
Maneuver +1
Defense +1
Hull points: 20 DR 5 (0 Shield pts)
Max speed: 650 km/h (11 squares/action)
- - - - - - - - -
The airspeeder was bought for only 4,750 credits from a slightly shady character. It runs just fine, but the guts have been worked on and jury-rigged - repairs will be more difficult to make. The main drive engine only has one hydrogen coil operating, but this is compensated for by sapping power from the repulsorlift. One good point: The previous owner installed a bogus Lithium Condenser in the back of the cargo compartment, meaning you have 3.5kg worth of hidden storage space.
Overall results:
maximum altitude is halved
all repair checks have +5 penalty
3.5 kg hidden storage in exchange for 5kg open storage


Corellian YT-1300 Light Transport "Escapism"
Class: Space Transport
Crew: 1 to 2
Size: Small (26.7 m long)
Hyperdrive: x2 (no backup)
Initiative +3
Maneuver: +3
Passengers: 6
Defense: 21
Cargo Capacity: 100 tons
Hull Points: 120 DR 5
Consumables: 2 months
Maximum speed: Attack (8 squares)
Atmospheric Speed: 400 km/h (6 squares)
- - - - - - - - -
The transport is not by any means standard, and probably won't stand up to any official inspection. However, it's airtight and it flies. There is no backup hyperdrive, and there is only about half as much armor plating as usual. (Due to how hard it is to smuggle layer-plate tetrafiber out of a factory) Its engine is from an older model, and so in the atmosphere its speed is halved. No guns, either. (Extremely strict bans on shipmounted weapons on Djanakai) However, it performs fine in space and doesn't take any defense penalty for the reduced armor plating.
Overall results:
No backup hyperdrive
Damage reduction halved (10 to 5)
Atmospheric speed halved (800 to 400)
Guns removed
Defense penalty for Damage Reduction being halved does not apply

Final notes:
It will be about 2,500 credits to completely fill all the armor plating, but the engine cannot be upgraded no matter what. Why? Because I say so. A backup hyperdrive will cost 3,500 credits.

Uron Teff
1 October 2005, 11:19 AM
However, it's airtight and it flies.

Well as I see, this is the only action you can do with this piece of junk...ehm I mean...ship.;)
I like it. Escapism... that's what I thought you would look like.

Skywalker
1 October 2005, 02:24 PM
I have one question, does the YT-1300 have enough cargo room to fit my T-47?

Stormrider
1 October 2005, 08:38 PM
"Pokes head in" Gah...I've been busy dealing with some stuff. Just gimme till monday to get that BG written."Rolls eyes" Sorry for the delay.

Uron Teff
2 October 2005, 12:53 AM
have one question, does the YT-1300 have enough cargo room to fit my T-47?

The answer is:


Originally posted by RemyLeBeau
[...]
Cargo Capacity: 100 tons
[...]

I think that'll be enough capacity to get ten of those Speeder in our YT-1300.

Skywalker
2 October 2005, 01:10 PM
Ok, that's fine with me.

RemyLeBeau
3 October 2005, 04:59 AM
Excellent. Once we get all the chars finis then we can start on up.


- - - - - EDIT - - - - - -
A notification: I am hoping to start by the 5th. So make sure all your t's are dotted and i's are crossed.... shoot...

Skywalker
3 October 2005, 02:18 PM
*double post, ignore this one*

Skywalker
3 October 2005, 02:25 PM
Here is my character.

Darren Maar Human Male Scoundrel 1: init +1(+1 dex) Defense 13, vitality +0, wounds 12, -4 range attack(blaster rifle Firelance, 3d8, 20; 30m;Stun DC 20) or -8/-8 range attack(blaster rifle Firelance, 3d8, 20; 30m;Stun DC 20), or -4 range attack(hold out blaster, HBS-200, 3d4+1, 20; 4m), Tracker Utility Vest, -1 armor check penalty, 10m spd; SV Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +1 STR 11 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 12 WIS 13 CHA 12

Skills: Astrogate +4, Computer Use +2, Craft(repulsorlift engine)+3, CrFT(Space transports)+3, Disguise +3, Gamble +5, Intimidate +3, Pilot +3, Profession(gambler)+5

Feats: Skill Emphasis(pilot), Skill Emphasis(gambler), Card Shark, Street Smart, Illicit Barter, Weapons Group Proficiency(blaster pistols,simple weapons)

Equipment: Blaster rifle Firelance, hold out blaster HBS-200, comlink, credit chip, Tracker Utility vest

My background has already been posted.

Uron Teff
4 October 2005, 02:33 PM
I hope this is not the last version of Skywalker's char. Hopefully he revises the stat-block (once more).... again... the third...
But if they are... *starts crying* why do you have a -4 ranged attack modifier??? No vitality points?? Where are all the skill points Skywalker???
*more and more tears* I despaire on this!!! Why? WHY?
Skywalker Have you used a charcter generator??

P.S.: I hate to sound arrogant, and I know that this is GM's work, but I wnat to get started... ehm... again arrogance, right?:rolleyes: I hope nobody feels insulted or offended by me.

Stormrider
4 October 2005, 04:25 PM
Remy the BG is currently eluding me. But I've got Fin's personality,description and the like nailed down.



Description. Rail thin with green skin. Fin stands out in a crowd...His hands are scarred and calloused from years of tech work. blue eyes often light up with glee at a new piece of technology, or a well done prank.grease stained Coveralls and tough work gloves are his typical attire. With the old battered grey took kit he scrounged the materials for and made from scratch never far from his side.. His voice is slightly shrill.

Quirks. Refers to older/junked ships as Pieces of Sith Spawn.

Tends to mix profanity from diffrent languages together.

Is highly absent minded. often forgetting to eat and sleep while in the middle of a project.

Is strangely fond of Verpines. and will be on excellent ((For Fin that is)) behavior around them.

Considers all nobles poodoo unless they prove their skills on the streets. ((Will refer to them as such also))

Personality. seven words sum up Fin. Sarcastic,reckless,absent minded, highly intellgent, loyal. ((If you want me to Remy I'll go into more detail and break down the elements.))

Should I list more?

RemyLeBeau
4 October 2005, 07:41 PM
Stormrider, your char looks good. You don't need to elaborate unless you want to - posting char descriptions is mainly for others to get a feel for your char and how he would react, be reacted to, etc.
However, would you care to elaborate on your acronym?
Big Gun?
Blown Glass?
Blue Guy?
Broken Grate?
(Sorry, but I don't post on here unless recruiting players so I'm not hip with the slang yo. :D)

Anyway, I forgot about Skywalker, sorry. I dunno wether you're tweaking an existing character, building one without an RCR, or what, but you need to get your numbers together, man.
We will still start tomorrow as scheduled - but no battles or anything will begin before we have COMPLETE stat block from everyone. (Three out of four so far, unless I need a little more sleep.)


- - - - - - EDIT - - - - - -
We have officially started! Woohoo! The IC thread is on this same board, but I'll post the link anyway. Here you go. (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18782)




Originally posted by Stormrider
Remy the BG is currently eluding me. But I've got Fin's personality,description and the like nailed down.

Description. Rail thin with green skin. Fin stands out in a crowd...His hands are scarred and calloused from years of tech work. blue eyes often light up with glee at a new piece of technology, or a well done prank.grease stained Coveralls and tough work gloves are his typical attire. With the old battered grey took kit he scrounged the materials for and made from scratch never far from his side.. His voice is slightly shrill.
Quirks. Refers to older/junked ships as Pieces of Sith Spawn.
Tends to mix profanity from diffrent languages together.
Is highly absent minded. often forgetting to eat and sleep while in the middle of a project.
Is strangely fond of Verpines. and will be on excellent ((For Fin that is)) behavior around them.
Considers all nobles poodoo unless they prove their skills on the streets. ((Will refer to them as such also))
Personality. seven words sum up Fin. Sarcastic,reckless,absent minded, highly intellgent, loyal. ((If you want me to Remy I'll go into more detail and break down the elements.))
Should I list more?

RemyLeBeau
5 October 2005, 07:02 PM
Sorry for the double post but I needed all o y'alls attention.

Skywalker, you've had many opportunities to get stats up. We're going to start with the Spot checks and stuff, which you can stay out of for now 'cause of no stats. But the clock is ticking. Tick... tick... tick... see? it's ticking...

Everyone else, we're just starting with the Spot and Listen checks, etc. Everybody roll a Spot check, Jerec I need you to make an Empathy check as well. Post the results here and you'll get your answer by PM.

(One final note: for now you all get the benefit of the doubt and can roll your own dice. But if people start getting natural 20's and crits all over the place I'm going to start doing it myself.)

Uron Teff
5 October 2005, 07:11 PM
Here are my rolls:

Spot: 11(roll) + 1 (WisMod) = 12
Emphaty: 12(roll) + 4(skill ranks) + 1(WisMod) = 17

darth_wyld
5 October 2005, 11:43 PM
No dice at work... that's what irony.com is for...

Spot (17) roll +2 (Rank) +1 (Wis-Mod) = 20

Stormrider
6 October 2005, 07:35 AM
Spot Check 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=162077)

(

Uron Teff
6 October 2005, 11:29 AM
I was wondering about Skywalker and his char. The point is, we need a pilot because non of us can fly our little baby.

So Remy when is the clock ringing? What's the time for Skywalker?

Stormrider
6 October 2005, 11:33 AM
"Coughs" I suppose I could run a second character. "Eyes" Anyway I've already got one in mind if it's needed.

RemyLeBeau
6 October 2005, 12:29 PM
Stormrider:
I don't think running two characters is a very good idea - besides, the Trader's Infonet is brimming with willing gamers, I can just lure one in and stick them into the story if need be.

Also thanks for the link to the Invisiblecastle report - I can see you're a trustworthy bloke.

Uron Teff:
Skywalker's time ran up a while ago. He's not in the game any more.

- - - - Edit - - - -
As for not having a pilot char any more, you've got two options:
1) Try to pilot it yourself
2) Find an NPC in-game who will pilot for you
3) Get an astromech droid who will assist in piloting

It's up to you guys.

Uron Teff
6 October 2005, 01:34 PM
Lets discuss that:
Well the fact is, if we try to find an NPC pilot we'll either have to pay for his talents or he'll stay around us forever (or till we/he gets tired about him/us). Another point is that we don't know this NPC. Futhermore if we don't get a pilot my plan is overbord (meaning I have to think of something else). So we realy have to start with only a few credits in our pockets.
The option of piloting our Spacecraft is not bad, but the problem is that non of has any idea how to plot a Hyperspace jump.
And that's where we get to the Astromech. Hm... I don't know how much they cost on our Planet but this is realy the best idea of all, IMO.

P.S.: Just to inform you guys, the next time we get a "Level-up" I'll crossclass into the scoundrel class. This was my idea from the start. So that Skywalker is no more with (rest his soul:P ) I'll give me some ranks in pilot and astronavigation (this was not intended but it will not matter:) ).

RemyLeBeau
6 October 2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Lets discuss that:
Well the fact is, if we try to find an NPC pilot we'll either have to pay for his talents or he'll stay around us forever (or till we/he gets tired about him/us). Another point is that we don't know this NPC. Futhermore if we don't get a pilot my plan is overbord (meaning I have to think of something else). So we realy have to start with only a few credits in our pockets.
The option of piloting our Spacecraft is not bad, but the problem is that non of has any idea how to plot a Hyperspace jump.
And that's where we get to the Astromech. Hm... I don't know how much they cost on our Planet but this is realy the best idea of all, IMO.

P.S.: Just to inform you guys, the next time we get a "Level-up" I'll crossclass into the scoundrel class. This was my idea from the start. So that Skywalker is no more with (rest his soul:P ) I'll give me some ranks in pilot and astronavigation (this was not intended but it will not matter:) ).

Sound reasoning. In fact, that's probably what I would have done. Well, whenever you feel like buying a droid, you're just Gather Information and Appraise away. Remember that astromechs can also pilot ships reasonably well, but their cost increases as their Pilot modifier increases.

Uron Teff
6 October 2005, 02:05 PM
But we also have Darth_Wyld's character with pilot + 3:D.
But without Starship Operations but I don't care.
We just have to search for a Astromech droid and we're ready to go...

RemyLeBeau
6 October 2005, 02:13 PM
That's true. Well, best of luck to you. ;)

Stormrider
6 October 2005, 03:18 PM
mmmm an Astromech...Yay! Fin will have someone to help with the ship. Hopefully we can get an R2 unit. Their the best of the lot in most era's

RemyLeBeau
6 October 2005, 03:24 PM
Hmm, well an R2 unit might be available but will cost quite a bit. If you want to go for it then go ahead, but you might need to empty quite a few pockets to pay for 'im.

Uron Teff
6 October 2005, 03:34 PM
Dude!
It looks like we have to turna round every dime trice. Why... Wait, maybe someone ows me a favor... Lets see....
Yes! There is a guy, he sells droids and I helped him once with his tax return. He ows me a Mastercraft +3 R2 droid if I'm not mistaken.;) :D
Or maybe not...

darth_wyld
6 October 2005, 11:31 PM
I've got no problem taking Starship Operations as the next Feat... and some points in Astrogate. Scouts can be fine pilots, look at Chewie! Until then my piloting skill with the transport will be at breathtaking -1... wow! Where's the next astroid field???

And until then we can use an old R2...

Uron Teff
7 October 2005, 04:04 AM
Well I see what I can do... hopefully we'll get a R2 unit, but a R4 or something else is also okay, IMO.
BTW sorry to have posted so much:P

Skywalker
7 October 2005, 05:11 AM
Gee, thanks a lot for really helping me out. I could have had my character fixed if my frickin computer would work for once. I've been getting it fixed to excuse my abscence, so thanks so much for letting me stay in. I guess you guys are too impatient.

Uron Teff
7 October 2005, 06:59 AM
To be the advocatus diaboli I'll say that Skywalker submitted three or more character concepts. And none of them were legal and confirmed.

But to get back to topic:
IRemy, I thought about someone who worked with my father to ask about a droid. You know, maybe he owed my father something or some money and he thinks he'll be even with my father if he repays this favor to me. What do you think?

RemyLeBeau
7 October 2005, 07:20 AM
Skywalker I hate to play the evil GM but Uron is right. I apologize if I wasn't clear in my PM to you, but I waited an extra day before rolling any checks with the characters. Once that began, however, the game locked and I don't plan on bringing any more characters in except under extremely special circumstances.

Uron, that sounds perfectly reasonable. The restrictions I posted before will still apply, though. I'll do a bit of looking around in the RCR to determine what kind of droid it is, as well as resale value, etc.

Uron Teff
7 October 2005, 07:27 AM
Remy, I know that there'll be no perfect mastercraft droid on a backwater worlk like Djanakai.:D
It your decission, after all, what droid we'll get. But maybe the friend of Jerec's dead father, God rest him, will give him his personal droid. I'm not thinking that this friend is a droid dealer...

And I hope there are some good looking, beautiful women in the cantina.:D A little social agenda between the PC and some not important NPC would be... well... a variation, if you know what I mean.:P

RemyLeBeau
7 October 2005, 08:57 AM
Right now I see no problem with your Favor story. Right now I'm thinking an R4 droid modified specifically to assist in Repairing things around the place. It's Pilot modifier can be *tentatively* set around the +1 +2 area, but that remains to be seen.
(Once I get home I'll be rollin' the old dice and then post it up for you.)

Stormrider
7 October 2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by RemyLeBeau
Right now I see no problem with your Favor story. Right now I'm thinking an R4 droid modified specifically to assist in Repairing things around the place. It's Pilot modifier can be *tentatively* set around the +1 +2 area, but that remains to be seen.
(Once I get home I'll be rollin' the old dice and then post it up for you.)

Looks like Fin and the droid are gonna get along real well.

Uron Teff
7 October 2005, 09:34 AM
I'll start to organize the droid as soon as we get out of the cantina. Hopefuly this will not happen after a long an joyful night for all of us. Remember Jerec just came out of the joint. We should celebrate this:D

Stormrider
7 October 2005, 09:37 AM
You two maybe. Check my IC post.

Uron Teff
7 October 2005, 09:41 AM
C'mon! This Rodian female is realy, REALY cute and I think Fin should talk with her when she comes back out of the kitchen. I think she's only changing her dress.:D ;)

Stormrider
7 October 2005, 09:45 AM
"Shakes head"

Fin has an odd sense of morality. This is one of those things that registers a huge no no on that sense

As his teacher the now late human mechanic Remus put it.

Women are to be respected boy...They're not a cheap thrill. or toy Get that into your thick skull!

Uron Teff
7 October 2005, 09:54 AM
Actually they aren't, you're right. But the fact that I wanted to catch her attention so that she would look at me is a point thet shouldn't be forgotten.
If Jerec had walked up to her saying somethin like:
"Hey baby, wanna join us?"
OR
"I have noticed that you have noticed my pal, Fin, over there..."

This would realy sound cheesy, wouldn't it?

RemyLeBeau
7 October 2005, 12:57 PM
Something I wanted to clear up for everybody -

There are two repeat TWO women. There is:

1) The human waitress that the biker gang was hassling.
2) The Rodian girl that was winking at Fin.

Currently the human one was eyeing Jerec, and once Jerec 'made his move' she retreated into the kitchen.

Currently the Rodian one is still hanging around somewhere.

Uron Teff
7 October 2005, 01:03 PM
Hm... actually I wanted to help Fin to get together with the female Rodian. And that's why I wrote...


Originally posted by Uron Teff
[...]
While he walks over to the Rodian he searches after a beautiful Twi'lek or human or both for Joyl and himself.

Stopping his search as he steps near the female Rodian. Obviously she hasn't noticed him so he takes the chance to examine the Rodian. Shortly after this he steps close and touches her arm.


[Jerec] Beg your pardon, MIss. Two Alderranian ale and a Rodian beer for table 14.


Giving her ten credits he turns around and starts to walk away from her knowing that she is no waitress and also hoping that she will be upset about that he has thought so. I hope this works. Hopefully she'll follow me in order to correct my mistake. Almost laughing about this pick-up attempt he walks away from her.


I never spoke to the human...

:EDIT:
So why is the human waitress retreating? :? Have I missed something?

RemyLeBeau
7 October 2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Hm... actually I wanted to help Fin to get together with the female Rodian. And that's why I wrote...
I never spoke to the human...
:EDIT:
So why is the human waitress retreating? :? Have I missed something?
*slaps forehead*
No, no, it was me who missed something. When you said 'asked the Rodian for a drink' I thought you thought the bartendress was a Rodian and was trying to get her over to your table.
INSTEAD (let me see if this is right)
You walked over to the Rodian chick and pretended to think she was a waitress, hoping she would get over to your table to explain.

I'll be doing a tad of editing in the IC thread, so wait about 5 minutes and then start reading from my first post involving the waitress/Rodian mishap.

That's all folks, move along, move along...

Uron Teff
8 October 2005, 05:54 AM
Finally, everything is correct.:D
So hopefully the Rodian will walk over to us and Fin won't be pissed about how I talked to her to convince her to follow me to our table.;)

RemyLeBeau
8 October 2005, 07:37 AM
*whoo*

Okay, now that that's been dealt with, let's move back into the droid stuff. Basically I took the best and worst droids I would possibly allow you to have, then rolled d% to determine where your droid would fall.
I rolled 97. You lucky terds.

Here's the 'bot you got:

R2-X3, Tracked astomech droid, Expert 4; Init +2(dex); Defense 14 (+1 class, +1 size, +2 Dex); Spd 8m; WP 14; Atk +5 melee or +5 ranged; SV Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5, SZ S; Face/Reach 2mx2m/2m; Rep +1, Str 14, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 11.

Equipment: Heuristic Processor, sensors (standard), diagnostics package, tool mounts(4), telescopic appendage, magnetic feet, internal storage (2kg), fire extinguisher.

Skills: Astrogate 7 ranks, Compuse 7 ranks, Disable Device 7 ranks, Knowledge (astronomy) 7 ranks, Pilot 7 ranks, Read/Write Basic, Repair 7 ranks, Understand Basic, Speak Binary, Spot 5 ranks. 20 unspent skill points.

Feats: Ambidexterity, Skill Emphasis (astrogate) Skill Emphasis (repair) No weapon group proficiencies.

Background: (I want to stress exactly how incomprehensibly lucky you are at this point) R2-X3 is an astromech droid that was smuggled to Djanakai in pieces, then reassembled by a rebel faction. The rebel faction has since been routed, and the droid was impounded, later sold to a middle-aged spacer who settled down and became a handyman. He taught the droid (mostly manually, since droid files about astrogating are restricted here) most of the skills it knows, and the droid worked mostly as a repair mech.
The droid has been heavily modified by the spacer, and most of it has no apparent purpose. Overclocked rotors, lubricant in odd places, mistimed activation shafts, nothing seems like it's right. However on a whole it works. The droid is quite resilient and works hard on whatever job it's given. (subsequently there will be -2 penalties on all Repair check to the droid, but it gets a +2 bonus to all Fortitude saves. (corrosion and rust))

Stormrider
8 October 2005, 08:00 AM
R2-X3, Tracked astomech droid, Expert 4; Init +2(dex); Defense 14 (+1 class, +1 size, +2 Dex); Spd 8m; WP 14; Atk +5 melee or +5 ranged; SV Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5, SZ S; Face/Reach 2mx2m/2m; Rep +1, Str 14, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 11.

Holy crap.... The dice gods have favored us.....An R2 Unit!

Uron Teff
8 October 2005, 08:45 AM
May the Dice be with us!:D
Wow, neat little droid...

So lets see...
To Do List:
- get the female Rodian and Fin together (done)
- find a woman for Joyl
- get the droid
- leave the planet

:D

RemyLeBeau
8 October 2005, 12:20 PM
Yah - jeez I wish I was this lucky when I played...
Well anyway, one thing I forgot to mention - Fin or some reasonably machine-inclined person should have the responsibility of maintaining/leveling up the droid. As you can see, this is taken almost verbatim from the RCR (save the funky systems and some minor omissions due to Djedakan regulations) and still has 20 unspent skill points.
So...
That means that (once you get off Djanakai of course) you can tailor this droid to suit your needs, using data packets, programs, and the like.

I could be a boring GM and just level it up for you, but I figured that this kind of thing can be done IC and helps you guys have some control on summat other than your character. If you'd like me to do it though I'll be happy to. Up to you guys.


- - - - - EDIT - - - - -
IMPORTANT! I'd like everybody to roll a Spot check and submit via PM please. Thank you, have a nice day.

Stormrider
8 October 2005, 12:26 PM
"Coughs" Fin would insist on doing it anyway. So I claim the responsibility!

Uron Teff
8 October 2005, 01:04 PM
Sorry Storm, but I couldn't resist. I hope you don't mind what I wrote in the IC thread. BTW Fin still has some back-up... Joyl...:D :P

P.S.: Very, VERY good idea Remy to let US upgrade the droid. I like that.:)

darth_wyld
8 October 2005, 03:29 PM
Woha! What a mech!

Nicenicenicenicenicenice!:D

Uron Teff
8 October 2005, 03:38 PM
+7 Astrogate and +7 Pilot. This will be a realy, REALY applicatory one. But how do we call him/her/it(?) ??? Extrì? Xer? *cough*Artoo*cough*? Tooex? Bob? Hm...

RemyLeBeau
8 October 2005, 07:46 PM
Well, the original owner used his own tongue to name it Jano I'tu, which, when translated literally, meant Parts in a Bucket. The droid seems quite enamored of the name and does not always listen when addressed to by something else.

However, just one memory wipe and that trouble is over. BUT. Before you decide to wipe the droid clean, let me give you a breakdown of its personality:

He's headstrong, as most R2's tend to be, but also loyal and very hardworking. He'll do any job you give him, even if he thinks it could be done better this way instead of that way. At this point it is unclear how much of the manually-taught skill could be lost when his memory is wiped. (all of his Astrogate skill and a little Pilot)

Uron Teff
8 October 2005, 08:01 PM
I do hate moemory wipes!
And therefore I do not think we're going to wipe his (I assume that it has a male personality) memory. Periode!:D

RemyLeBeau
8 October 2005, 08:11 PM
Excellent choice.

(Just as a side note - if you HAD wiped the droid, his Astrogate skill would have become 0, and his Pilot skill would have dropped to about 3. Then you would have had to find a way to coerce a government Registrar to give you Astrogate chips for your droid. Difficult, to say the least.)

Uron Teff
8 October 2005, 08:28 PM
To make one of my favored quotes:


I am the party!

Well you could also say:


I am the group!

Or:


I am the majority!

And therefore I decided for the group.;)

I'm just joking... but as you can see Storm and darth it would be fatal to wipe this R2 units memory...

*pomous music starts to play*
I am the *cough*....*cough*....*cough*

darth_wyld
9 October 2005, 02:50 AM
...and remember: no desinte... eeeerrrr... memory wipes. I like my life interesting!

Uron Teff
9 October 2005, 10:10 AM
Remy this PM stuff is realy a great gaming idea of yours. Should get the copyrights for this idea. You can name it Play by Personal Messages (or short PPM) and you'll get a dime everytime somebodysays 'PPM'.:P

And folks... I think something is realy, REALY strange in this bar...:raised:

Stormrider
9 October 2005, 10:21 AM
.......................No.......Hell no. Don't even think about it. .......You will all suffer at the dice gods hands should you memory wipe the droid.

Ah and Remy here is the save you requested.

Save. 10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=163375)

RemyLeBeau
9 October 2005, 11:51 AM
Uron, thanks. Although I thought that PBPM was a standard kind of gaming? There's Play By Post, Play By Chat, and Play By Forum, which is posts and PMs.

I dunno, I could be wrong.
Anyway.

Stormrider I appreciate the roll verification you link to. It's one less thing for this poor GM to worry about, so thanks. (On the subject of rolls, I'll need a second roll, identical to this last one. Thanks.)

Finally, I went through the last set of IC posts and I'm gonna put a nix on the roll for darth_wyld. Just forget about it, thanks.

This is turning out to be a great RPG - I've got some top notch players!

Uron Teff
9 October 2005, 12:04 PM
Thank you! I never thought I would get something like the 'Top Notch Player' Award.
First of all I would like to thank my familiy for supporting me with all they had. Thanks mum!
Futhermore I would like to thank my manager Bernie, my marketing director Bernie and my product development director Bernie.;) :D

darth_wyld
9 October 2005, 12:05 PM
Ah! The bad bad roll I just sent ya? Wonderful.


*** Edit: And thanks! ***

Stormrider
9 October 2005, 12:10 PM
Crap. they've drugged the booze......and I'm rolling like crap.

Save. 6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=163396)

RemyLeBeau
9 October 2005, 12:11 PM
Tonk. 'Nother one bites the dust.
:D

(although there is a good side - you'll only be out for 1d4 hours. :D)

Uron Teff
9 October 2005, 05:52 PM
I love this campaign... it's realy... good.

BTW...
Remy I was think about the stuff you once wrote. The stuff about PC against PC. I hope you don't mind asking, but are we in such a campaign? I just ask out of curiosity...
If not good. If yes, even better, IMHO.:D

RemyLeBeau
9 October 2005, 07:03 PM
I'm glad you like it. To be honest, it's only the second campaign I've ever GM'ed, so I'm really glad I'm not effing anything up.

As to the PC vs PC game, no. It would have taken me much more time to set up, especially if I felt like hiding that information from you three.
(Although who knows? I have yet to introduce a BBG, so it's possible... B))

EDIT - -
Just speculating, but I'd think that a trademark of a PC vs PC game would be the absence of a single Big Bad Guy. Instead there would be a group of 3-5 characters, just like your group. Only they want to kill you. :D

Uron Teff
9 October 2005, 07:26 PM
Well it could have been that the Rodian Inquisitor is a member of another group... But anyways... The storm is still raging outside the cantina/bar/pub/what-ever-you-like-to-call-it, is it?

Besides this question there is another in my mind...
Just out of curiosity for who is she (the Inquisitor) working?

P.S.: I have not for nothing the title Master of Questions and Suggestions:P

RemyLeBeau
9 October 2005, 07:42 PM
1) Yes, the storm is still raging. The storms are rather unpredictable, but past experiences show that the bigger ones last longer - and this is a bloody huge one.

2) The Inquisitor is just a fancy sci-fi name for an undercover cop. On Djanakai, Big Brother is very real, and the Factories (fascist government states) pay individuals to basically look for outlaws, neutralize them, and bring 'em back for a reward. Kinda like bounty hunters or summat.

3) Back to your first question. I suppose it's possible that the Rodian was a PC, but the chances are long. Like 'DC 35' kind of odds.

Carry on, Master of Questions and Suggestions - for today you have truly earned your title. B)

Uron Teff
9 October 2005, 07:53 PM
Please don't tell me anything about DC 35 odds.
A little story:
My Char (Uron Teff) has to het to Coruscant and meat a info brocker. Well he and his YT-1300 were just sawn as a Imperial garnison was blown up. So there was a bounty on his head.
To cut this long story short, I had to manage a DC 35 to get on Coruscant (I rolled a Natural 20). Nonetheless after I got the info I needed I had to manage to fly through the gabage cannon system on Coruscant, while it was shooting the garbage into the sun. A DC 40 and a DC 35 piloting check...
After one tryout run and the expentiture of two FP I managed to get off Coruscant (Natural 20 on the first roll and a 19 on the second). And I was a Level 5 char... Hell of a ride... and damn I'm lucky, so...

Never tell me the odds!:P

darth_wyld
10 October 2005, 05:20 AM
Well, I gotta say I'm having lots of fun. This is the fastest paced PBP I ever was in and I like it... although it's sometimes a bit hard to keep up... But I'll manage!

Uron Teff
10 October 2005, 07:13 AM
I thought that it was a bit to fast paced for you darth. If you have any problems with catching up and keeping the pace, we can manage to slow down a bit.
And I second your statement: I love it!

darth_wyld
10 October 2005, 07:20 AM
If I get the feeling of being left behind, I'll give you a holler here... up to now I rather have the feeling of leaving Remy behind ;)

Stormrider
10 October 2005, 07:30 AM
Been a blast so far. and this is a fairly fast moving game. "Coughs" Been in one though where Five of us almost reached a hundred posts IC and over one hundred OOC. In a span of seven hours or so. Had to delete most of posts though do to we went Waaaay off track IC.

Uron Teff
10 October 2005, 07:34 AM
Well anyways... has somebody seen Remy? He hasn't been online for what... seven hours?;) :P
I was just wondering....
*cough* *cough*:o

Stormrider
10 October 2005, 07:36 AM
Check again Uron. Remy is now online.

RemyLeBeau
10 October 2005, 08:14 AM
Holy frag! When do you people sleep?

I got off last night around 11:30 - sleep deprivation is NOT a good way to GM, ya know.

(PS - I haven't posted much in the OOC thread, but that's because most saves and checks I do by PM, so there isn't much to say. Although I can add that there might be some XP bonuses for anyone who (IC of course) makes some particularly insightful conclusions...)

Uron Teff
10 October 2005, 08:20 AM
Sleep? I don't need sleep. I'll sleep enough when I'm dead.:P
But besides that, to tell another anecdote from my RPG expiriences:
Once I had a GM how realy, and I mean realy, sulky if he hadn't had at least eight hours of sleep. And during our school time he was all the time in a bad mood. On weekends he was even more pissed because he wanted to sleep and we wanted to play SWRPG. Well sooner or later it was clear that we had to drop the game and we did.
So Remy I know what you're talking about.:D

darth_wyld
10 October 2005, 12:02 PM
And by the way, Remy... with you being in Wisconsin and Uron and me being in Germany... there is a few hours difference... when you get up I have my last hours at work.

Uron Teff
10 October 2005, 12:10 PM
And I have to say, that I'm a student and I've got plenty of time due to the semester holidays. Those will be over on the 24th of this month.:( Then I'll be a full time student (again)and will be home 2 hours after you Remy got up....

darth_wyld
10 October 2005, 12:16 PM
Ok! You being a student explains a lot... :P

i was a bit surprised seing you online all the time I'm online...

Uron Teff
10 October 2005, 04:28 PM
Well folks, what do you think about Jerec's lttle speech? I hope it's working. I hope Jerec can convince them.:(

RemyLeBeau
11 October 2005, 05:21 AM
Sorry, Jerec, but there is a way out of this, you've just got to find it.

Anyway, I apologize but I might not be able to get on as often. My computer at home just started belching error messages at me and won't connect, so gameplay might have to slow down for a little while, at least until I can get my comp to stop smoking...

Anyway - here's a little more detailed outline of the underground base:

The base is quite small, only about as large as the back kitchen in the Blue Cat Bar. On one side there are about twelve monitors, each displaying some sort of broadcast. The weather (three channels of it, actually) says that the storm still covers a large area, but is beginning to die down.
Along the far wall there are two cots and quite a bit of medical equipment, as well as a slightly outdated medical droid.
There is a gun rack on either side of the door, but they are mostly empty and you can see that whatever guns there are weren't too expensive. Hold-out blasters and a couple carbines, that's it.
A conference table holds the center of the room, where two people still sit - Degran, the old veteran, and the medic being the three who have gotten up already. In the final corner there is an emergency exit - the one that the veteran was referring to - which seems to lead by ladder to the surface.

Uron Teff
11 October 2005, 05:30 AM
Well folks, has anybody an idea how to get out of this?
Seems like the arguments brought up by Joyl and Jerec have failed the effect we both were hoping for. Where is the great idea when you need it?

RemyLeBeau
11 October 2005, 05:38 AM
*cough cough* Storm beginning to die *hack choke* emergency exit close by *wheeze sputter*

darth_wyld
11 October 2005, 05:45 AM
1. Dash out of Emergency exit
2. Run to ship
3. Start ship
4. ????
5. Profit

(And don't care what Joyl is talking, he has is scheming like a chicken)

Uron Teff
11 October 2005, 05:51 AM
*cough cough* Storm beginning to die *hack choke* emergency exit close by *wheeze sputter*

Hm... that's a hint...
No... he was just coughing...
Nono.... that was a hint....

:EDIT:
You know what....
I don't like this kind of situations. We have nowhere to go. Neither the Rebels nor the Empire will let us live in peace.
Well it looks like we have to open up our own Fraction... with Black Jack and hookers! (My favorite Bender quote:D )

RemyLeBeau
11 October 2005, 07:28 AM
Well what I really wanted to stress was that the Rebels can be just as bad as the Imps sometimes - too often the Rebels are good guys, Imps are bad, and the world is black & white.

Anyway. You'll have to think fast, it seems like Degran and the others have reached the end of their paitence.

darth_wyld
11 October 2005, 07:29 AM
They better be careful! My patience is long gone! Soon there will be... wait a sec... first level... no weapons... FLEE YOU FOOLS!

Edit: And hookers!

Uron Teff
11 October 2005, 07:34 AM
Maybe we could just do a bit of morphing(sp?)? I evolve into a a Noble1/Jedi Guardian9/Jedi Weapon Master10 with two lightsabers and such stuff.:D

But besides that... how far are we away from the exit? Maybe we should head outside. I'm rather killed by a raging storm than to give those Rebels the sadisfaction to get the keys for our freighter out of my pocket.:P

darth_wyld
11 October 2005, 07:40 AM
Right now I feel like Scout 1/Venerable Red Dragon 24...

Uron Teff
11 October 2005, 07:54 AM
Have I said that this Weapon Master is a 2.65m Wookiee with Strenght 24 to the bonus +4 while using Wookiee Rage? Well that would be +9 StrMod +18/+18/+13/+13/+8/+3. That would lead to a result of +27/+27/+22/+22/+17/+12 while in Wookiee Rage and wielding two lightsabers.... Why am I only a 1st level noble... This could be fun, but NOOO I listened to the angel on my shoulder telling me not to creat a Munchkin Character. ARRGHH!;) :P

Next time, mental note, put a thermal detonator into your pocket if we're going to a bar/cantina/pub or something similar.

RemyLeBeau
12 October 2005, 04:41 AM
Okay, I apologise for taking so long to get this set up - my computer at home is still fritzing. I'll do my damndest to keep this moving but it might be easier to put this game on 'pause' for a couple days.

Again, my sincerest apologies, friends. I hope this gets worked out quickly.

Uron Teff
12 October 2005, 05:44 AM
Usually I hate stoping right in the middle of a so called battle, but if there is no other way...;)
Get your stuff fixed, Remy. Hopefully it'll be soon.:D

P.S.: And do not make any more jokes about Fritz(Germans) and fritzing.;) :P

darth_wyld
12 October 2005, 05:46 AM
See to your hardware, we won't run away from running away :D

RemyLeBeau
12 October 2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks much for understanding. For now I'll run a diagnostic and run XP off a backup hard drive. *hopefully* that'll do the trick. Plan on resuming in 1-2 days.

Uron Teff
12 October 2005, 05:50 PM
Counting the seconds to your return, Remy.
Till then Storm and darth, please fong Jerec next time he tries to get Fin and somebody else together.

RemyLeBeau
13 October 2005, 05:20 AM
Okay, we are now able to resume.

(My home comp is still blown, but I transferred files and now have all the info I need on this computer. I can't get on as often but it's better than nothing at all. Will notify when home computer decides to play nice with the Internet. :( )

I'm sorry I had to frag this up for so long, but I do have it all better now. Storm, thanks for linking to that site - it's quite handy when at school without dice!

Uron Teff
13 October 2005, 06:40 AM
First:
Do I have to roll the Combat rolls by myself?
Second:
Will there be a 'resolution post' at the end of each turn?
Third:
I don't care if this guy wants to graple Fin, I'm shooting at him before he could even think about it.:P

RemyLeBeau
13 October 2005, 08:22 AM
1) Yes. And (if you don't mind) I'd prefer something handy like invisiblecastle.com to verify rolls. Quite handy.

2) Yes. I'll post a resolution after every turn to verify what's happened and help mark the transition between turns.

Uron Teff
13 October 2005, 10:15 AM
I don't like this dice roller!:(
First rolla was a 4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=166112)!:(
But I don't care if we dy because of bad rolls. NONO, I don't care. Everybody has to dy someahen (I know that this word is rarely used but I think sometime and anytime don't get it right).:P ;)

Stormrider
13 October 2005, 10:35 AM
Grapple Check....6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=166119)

RemyLeBeau
13 October 2005, 01:47 PM
Okay, okay, we need to get the combat deal right now.
I started it out wrong, so I apologize. But this is how I think it'll work best:

OOC:
We run through all the people fighting in order of initiative. Things ensue.
Once the dice settle, I'll add up the damage, etc. and announce it.
Then
IC:
Nobody posts. I post the total actions of everybody once the round is over. This also announces the beginning of the next round.

Sound good? Another technical blunder has made Degran's action not exactly first. Since Jerec and Degran have the same Init, as well as the same Dex mod, then this d6 will determine who goes. Odd, it's Jerec, Even, it's Degran.
Result: Jerec wins. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=166210)
Final Initiative order:
Jerec (Uron_Teff)
Degran (Me)
Fin (Stormrider)
Joyl (darth_wyld)
??? (Who knows where Ajessa or others may/will come in? Tune in next time and find out!)

Therefore Degran's original attack will be moot if Jerec does something signifigant to him, like a Bantha Rush. Jerec, it's your turn, mein freund.

darth_wyld
13 October 2005, 01:55 PM
OK! Got it!

Uron Teff
13 October 2005, 02:10 PM
Since when the language is german, my friend...;)
Well anyway, can I now post that Jerec will draw his Plaster, turn it to stun and shoot at Degran?
If this is so, do I hev to chance to roll the d20 again to do I have to use the result from the last roll? (It would be better if I could reroll, but actually this is a game of luck and misfortune, so I'm okay with using my first roll.)

P.S.: I'm not complaining;)

RemyLeBeau
14 October 2005, 04:32 AM
Yes, by all means roll again if you want.
(The chances are the same - and this is a one time offer, remember.)

Uron Teff
14 October 2005, 05:25 AM
Yeah Remy I'll do my roll right now...
4(roll) + 1(DexMod) = 5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=166494)
I cannot believe this! I think this dice rolling machine does not like me!
I rolled two dice and the result was a 4 twice! I told you darth, I told you!
But I'm not complaining, I'll use this second roll... or should I use the first roll? Hm... which result is better...:rolleyes:

I think this machine is cheating somehow... what are the odds... 1/20 * 1/20= 1/400 that I rolled twice a 4... Hmmmm... (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?u=Jerec%20Baskalar&limit=on) :o

RemyLeBeau
14 October 2005, 05:29 AM
I don't think I need to tell you if it's a hit or miss.
(And if you prefer, then hand dice are fine. It's all the same luck.)

Anyway, what was your move action? (Go toward the ladder I assume)

Uron Teff
14 October 2005, 05:40 AM
I haven't got the feat quick draw and therefore
Draw the weapon was my move action.

RemyLeBeau
14 October 2005, 06:46 AM
Degran begins by charging toward Fin (the closest to the ladder) and initiating a Grapple. I rerolled this, since the original one was embedded somewhere in the IC thread.
It fails. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=166519)

Fin - you get an attack of opportunity on Degran(for attempting the Grapple), so have at him.

Here's a crude layout of the place:
http://www.yourimagelink.com/uploads/cb1699bd34.bmp

Uron Teff
14 October 2005, 10:00 AM
First round is over, right?
So I'll post my second round actions here, right?
But I do describe what Jerec is going to do in the IC, right?

Uron Teff
14 October 2005, 10:01 AM
I don't care about two posts in a row...
I got promoted! Yippy! Lieutenant, wow...

RemyLeBeau
14 October 2005, 10:12 AM
Congratulations, Lt. Uron.

No, the round is not over. You went, then Degran, but Fin and Joyl's attacks haven't been resolved yet. It's happening as we speak.

- - -- - - - - --

Both have failed. (Wow we're rolling really low nowadays!) But there's a tad of an inconsistency. I'll play the gracious GM and let it slide. Here's how it's gonna go down:

Since nobody has the Quick Draw feat, move actions will be sucked up by the drawing of weapons. Then Fin can attack Degran, (which he does and fails) but Joyl can either move next round and vibroknife Degran OR choose to have pulled out his sporting blaster rifle instead. *waves magical GM hands*

Of course, since it's ranged and not melee, he'll get to reroll. Up to you, Joyl.

darth_wyld
14 October 2005, 03:49 PM
Weeeeell, Joyl rips down his sporting rifle from his back, presses it to his shoulder and let's a bolt fly... no, we ain't rolling low... - Roll 20 +1 =21 (Critical Threat) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=166733)

Test for Critical: Roll: 2 +1 = 3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=166734) ... possibly no crit... but a hit?

Damage (3d6) = [5,5,1] = (11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=166735)

Phew!

Uron Teff
14 October 2005, 03:54 PM
To quote once again nonsensically:

Weeeeell [...]
I was wondering, why we are now playing this game in the OOC thread? Where is the problem to get everything back to the IC, huh?:)

Just to visualize my state of mind...:raised: :? :raised:

RemyLeBeau
15 October 2005, 07:12 AM
Well, I'm running the combat OOC because dice-rolling and finding criticals is not an IC action. I'd much rather put the actual actions in the IC thread instead of cluttering it up with rolls. After all, isn't that what the OOC thread is for?

Anyway, Ajessa is Stalling, so that's the end of this round. I think once this round is over and everything is done it will all make more sense.

RemyLeBeau
15 October 2005, 07:39 AM
Woo - double post.

Anyway. Ajessa makes a 2m step (out from behind the table) and pulls a carbine off the wall. She flips the setting to Stun and pulls off a shot at Jerec.

She misses. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=167789)

...and now it's Jerec's turn again.

Uron Teff
15 October 2005, 01:49 PM
Nonetheless I can still describe what Jerec's doing in the IC thread, right?
*second of silence pass*
Well, I think that was a Yes...

RemyLeBeau
15 October 2005, 04:31 PM
If you feel so inclined, go for it.

Uron Teff
15 October 2005, 05:21 PM
Here are Jerec's Move and Attack Action.

Move backwards towards the exit (Move Action)
Shooting at Degran (Attack Action [5(roll)+1(DexMod)=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=168052)

Needless to say, that if I roll one more die on Invisible Castel and thus roll will as low as the three before I'll not discuss with you anylonger and will find another Dice Roller!!!

P.S.: I'm not pissed, only frustrated.:o

RemyLeBeau
16 October 2005, 09:54 AM
Well, if the dice roller seems unfair to you then you're perfectly welcome to find another online roller. Just be sure you can link to the results like invisible castle can.

Anyway, on to your move action - using the image a couple posts back as a reference, did you move north (^) or west (>)?

Stormrider
16 October 2005, 10:30 AM
Attack Roll..21! (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=168430)

Damage...2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=168490)

Ah. Standard Action. Slug him
Move action...Dance out of Melee range. ((Whatever ways free. Thats the way I go))

((Changed))

RemyLeBeau
16 October 2005, 01:20 PM
Uhm, Fin, you're in melee with him.
(unless that is you've got that one feat... checking your stats right now)

..nope. No can do with the ranged weapon. Try Melee.

Uron Teff
16 October 2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by RemyLeBeau
Anyway, on to your move action - using the image a couple posts back as a reference, did you move north (^) or west (>)?

Nah... well I'll wait till I've to roll once more.
BTW I'll step next to Degran, or is a square 10m? If it is, I'll step north next to Fin not behind him. What reminds me. Now that Fin and I occupy two squares next to Degran we flanking him, IMO. There his DexMod is denied to his defense... let check my result again... no, I haven't hit him! But anyway, if Degran is down for at least one round, we could take him as a hostage. Taking hostages is one of my favorite doings. MUHAHAHAHA!

darth_wyld
16 October 2005, 01:35 PM
Joyl will take his next movement-action to get as close to the stairs as possible while taking a bead on Ajessa, ready to make a shot at her if she does something.

RemyLeBeau
17 October 2005, 04:48 AM
Arg. I swear I posted here... but the post is gone...
Anyway.

Degran just makes a standard knife attack at Fin.
Woo! A possible hit. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=168714)

RemyLeBeau
17 October 2005, 01:10 PM
Okay Fin; 2 damage dealt to Degran, making 13 total.
(Double post again. Woo.)

Uron Teff
17 October 2005, 07:26 PM
Gambit!
I knew I've seen your name before Remy LeBeau. Awsome.
Now we just call Stormrider by his/her:D RL name Ororo Munroe.

RemyLeBeau
18 October 2005, 04:39 AM
Degran makes a fairly good attack wit' de ol' vibroblade...
Here it is. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=169404)

RemyLeBeau
18 October 2005, 03:12 PM
Joyl, your turn.

darth_wyld
19 October 2005, 01:07 AM
Again? Sorry. Eermm... close combat... vibrodagger... I approach Degran and smack him with the butt of my rifle! (should be -4 attack, isn't it?)

Resolution:

11-2=9

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=170023 (
[url) [/URL]

RemyLeBeau
19 October 2005, 04:36 AM
A miss.
...and that should conclude Round 2.
(Lemme see... Ajessa, Jerec, Degran, Fin, Joyl, yep - that's it. Woo.)

Okay - on to Round 3.

Uron Teff
19 October 2005, 11:49 AM
Jerec uses the Multifire option on his blaster pistol and rolls:

1. Shot (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=170228)
2. Shot (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=170230)

As I rolled the dice I forgot to add my +1 DexMod to the result. So to fix that this are the results:

1. Shot = 18(roll) -4(Multifire malus) + 1(DexMod) = 15
2. Shot = 19(roll) -4(Multifire malus) + 1(DexMod) = 16


Possible damage dealt:

1. Damage = 9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=170234)
2. Damage = 9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=170236)

Degran is still flanked, isn't he?

darth_wyld
19 October 2005, 12:16 PM
Joyl is gonna blast that sharpshooting girl...

And probably missing her: 6 + 1 : 7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=170255)

RemyLeBeau
19 October 2005, 02:00 PM
See Jerec - aren't you glad you stuck with the Invisible Castle?

Both connect - and Degran is now out of commission. In fact, he's just about obliterated!

Unconscious, to be precise.

(And by the way - we're slipping out of order here. It was partly my fault because I had yet to put Ajessa's action in, but Jerec wasn't supposed to go until she had played.)

Uron Teff
19 October 2005, 02:04 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA!
The leader of the Alliance Resistance cell on Djanakai killed by a noble.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

RemyLeBeau
19 October 2005, 02:11 PM
Not killed, just rendered unconscious.
And it was a force-using noble.
Who was backed up by two friends.

And I'm going to officially call an end to the fighting. Why, you ask? Because Ajessa, the only remaining enemy, rushes to Degran's side and tries to stabilize him. From here on in things will be IC again.

RemyLeBeau
3 November 2005, 05:06 AM
What's going on? There haven't been any posts for almost a week.

Is this section just boring or something? If so I'd be happy to jumpstart the game by skipping ahead a couple hours.

Uron Teff
3 November 2005, 08:38 AM
No, my interest isn't feinting... I've started my semester and been away from my computer all day. I'm still interested in this campaign, I just need some more time. I'm going to post Jerec's actions on friday... because of my schedule. Hope you don't mind. But if you do, go ahead and throw me out... but I hope you have some patience with me. :)

RemyLeBeau
3 November 2005, 12:30 PM
I understand completely, Uron - life shouldn't be put on hold for a game. If anybody needs to take a break don't hesitate to tell me.

I was just feeling out of the loop since not a soul had posted and I wondered if something was going on.

RemyLeBeau
11 November 2005, 07:14 AM
BUMP.

There haven't been many posts in a long while - the IC thread had a few but that was almost a week ago.

I can understand slacking off for real-world issues, but nobody left any notification at all. Did everyone die or something, or are the email notifications not working? (They have currently been acting funny so it could be possible)

darth_wyld
11 November 2005, 08:59 AM
Well, I'm still here... and right, the notifications suck at the moment...

Uron Teff
11 November 2005, 09:04 AM
Well RL was freaking hell this week.
Had to fix my Spiderman costume, get rid of the Green Goblin and save the day trice this week!

But I'm still around... :D

RemyLeBeau
11 November 2005, 12:32 PM
I can sympathize. The Penguin just escaped and last week I had to deal with three, count 'em, three evil schemes of the Joker.

:D

Anyway if the notifications are acting funny there are a couple options:
1) Start checking the boards more often
2) Use a new board

Votes? I'm impartial.

RemyLeBeau
13 November 2005, 12:38 PM
Just in case you're wondering, yes that last stunt by the Tech was real.

He got a natural 1 on his Disable Device check, and Reflex check to avoid the monitor falling also failed. So at least you have some advance warning.

Could you all roll Reflex, Fortitude, and Will please?
(Ref to react in time, Fort to hold breath, Will to avoid being stunned)

darth_wyld
13 November 2005, 01:21 PM
Okay...

Reflex, starting fine...
20+2=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=187408)

Fotitude, getting on...
14+3=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=187409)

and Will:
7+2=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=187410)

EEK!

Stormrider
13 November 2005, 01:51 PM
I assumed this was dead.......Now that I see it's not. I can resume my smart ass Rodian roll. :D



Reflex 18. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=187418)
Will save. 5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=187417) Fortitude. 19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=187419)

RemyLeBeau
13 November 2005, 02:08 PM
Excellent, excellent...

Both of you succeed the Reflex save, so the Will save doesn't apply and the Fortitude save determines how long you can hold your breath.

(I don't have my RCR handy but both Fortitude saves were good, so my Common Sense Rules say you each have 2 rounds before the next Fortitude save.)

Uron Teff
13 November 2005, 02:30 PM
Here are the rolls:

Reflex = 15(roll) + 1(DexMod) + 2(ClassBonus) = 18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=187426)
Fortitude = 17(roll) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=187428)
Will = 17(roll) + 1(WisMod) + 2(BaseSave) = 20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=187430)

RemyLeBeau
13 November 2005, 05:00 PM
Alright everybody - rolls are in, and I've got an announcement.

One, thanks for the support - it's like caffeine for the spirit. :D

Two, I checked the RCR and I don't like their rules. According to them, you're supposed to make increasing Constitution checks every round to determine how long breath is held. Instead, I'm going to go with increasing Fortitude saves and do something a little different with roll frequency. This is how it's going to go down:
Depending on how much the Fortitude and Reflex save succeeded by, there will be more or less time until the next save. (These represent breath-holding time and the size of the breath, respectively.)
Wyld, you succeeded by a total of 9 - you have one round and one Move or Attack action until the next save. Uron, you succeeded by 5 - you have one round. Stormrider, however, succeeded by 7 - you have one round and one Move or Attack action.

Uron Teff
13 November 2005, 08:54 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
Get out of there! Get away! I'm the first at the ladder...

No problem, Remy. It's no big deal to tell the truth.
Anyway, who the frell was the guy who told you that OUR game was crap? I guess he should consider the truth... we are RP and no fight-munchkinism squad of Dark Jedis. Maybe I shouldn't made this public. Maybe. But on the other hand, if your so called friend is so wise and so much better in RolePlaying than we are why isn't he moving over here and show US how to play this game. Otherwise SHUT UP!

I'm taking this personally because this game is very intersting and I love to play Jerec and interact with Joyl and Fin. The Story line can't be a point of criticism and therefore I'm taking this as an offense on my roleplaying skills.

But thank you for reading this.
Keep the good work Remy and don't listen to cretins like your friend.:D

darth_wyld
13 November 2005, 10:25 PM
and I love to play Jerec and interact with Joyl and Fin.

Yeah! And I know of someone who is gonna do some interacting by loud shouting when were out of the frying pan here... :D

RemyLeBeau
14 November 2005, 05:23 AM
Alright - a little more info on the current situation:

1) There are an unknown number of Spider Droids that are concealed by the smoke. (Tiny objects - half concealment - Just take my word that you can't see them.)

2) Ajessa's condition is unknown at this time.

3) The smoke has not reached the top of the ladder. (It is more dense than the air)

4) Both the hatch out and the door to the complex are closed. (To open the hatch is a Move action, to open the door is a Move action and a Strength check.)

- - - - -


Originally posted by Uron Teff
Anyway, who the frell was the guy who told you that OUR game was crap? I guess he should consider the truth... we are RP and no fight-munchkinism squad of Dark Jedis. Maybe I shouldn't made this public. Maybe. But on the other hand, if your so called friend is so wise and so much better in RolePlaying than we are why isn't he moving over here and show US how to play this game. Otherwise SHUT UP!

I'm taking this personally because this game is very intersting and I love to play Jerec and interact with Joyl and Fin. The Story line can't be a point of criticism and therefore I'm taking this as an offense on my roleplaying skills.

In case you're wondering, my friend said he didn't like the game because:
1) They're level 1 characters
2) I gave you an R2 droid so early on
3) The Rebels aren't the good guys

It's nothing on your RP skills, and I think I'll agree that he does like to munchkin-game. So, yeah.
Carry on, carry on...

darth_wyld
22 November 2005, 05:11 AM
If you aren't answering because you are stunned, please tell me so... if not... Get up the ladder!!! :D

Uron Teff
22 November 2005, 12:50 PM
Well to explain everything...
I'm very VERY busy at the moment with my University stuff. It's not like I don't want to play this game. No. It's just more like Monday and Tuesday are really bad days for me to post. As you can see on the time I've been posting (2245pm cet) that it's been a long day for me at University.
Furthermore I know that I cannot request that other wait for me. Nope, I don't want to do it. Really, if you want to make a faster pace of posting you'll possibly have to do it without me. I'm using the term possibly because I don't know how my use of my laptop (and therefore my internet acces) will be helpful doing my stuff while being at university.
Nonetheless it's your (PCs + GM) decission if you either keep me or throw me out.
Your decission.

Sincerely yours,
Uron Teff
a.k.a. Jerec Baskalar...:D

RemyLeBeau
22 November 2005, 03:57 PM
Uron:
If you'd like to take a break from the gaming, that's perfectly fine. As a good GM once said, "Gaming shouldn't come before life." And I can completely understand your need to spend time with schoolwork.

Here's my proposal:
I'll take Stormrider and Wyld on where they care to go with this game and (with your approval, of course) turn your character into an NPC until further notice. If we do agree to do this, Uron, you'll be more than welcome to check in, make suggestions, or ask questions anytime. Just give me a PM when you'd like to jump back in.

If anyone has any objections, speak now or forever complain about it.

darth_wyld
22 November 2005, 10:04 PM
I'd rather complain forever... constant nagging is fun!

Naw, no problem, if your schedule is tight, no problem. More happiness when you come back.

RemyLeBeau
30 November 2005, 02:44 PM
Hello everyone - this is Remy checking in once again.

Well, we have someone who'd like to join the game. I'd like to know if you're for or against someone joining the game.

It'll only be one player, and I already have a good idea how to put him in the story. If you have objections, post ASAP.

Stormrider
30 November 2005, 02:57 PM
. I've no objections. Just out ouf curiosity..who is this mystery player?

Edit. If he/she is playing a pilot.....Then I welcome them

darth_wyld
30 November 2005, 11:18 PM
Welcome to the world of tomorrooooooowww!

Eeer... no objections!

Uron Teff
1 December 2005, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by darth_wyld
Welcome to the world of tomorrooooooowww!

Eeer... no objections!

I'll second that!

Skywalker
1 December 2005, 03:08 PM
*Ignore, wrong thread.* *Ignore, wrong thread.*

darth_wyld
20 December 2005, 05:57 AM
Listen Check:

Listen (1d20+3=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=317606)

Spot Check:

Spot (1d20+3=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=317608)

Uron Teff
20 December 2005, 02:01 PM
There are only two things I want to say:
Spot 13(roll) + 1(WisMod) =13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=317962)
Listen 5(rolled) + 1(WisMod) = 6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=317963)

RemyLeBeau
23 December 2005, 05:40 PM
Okay, there's a few things I'd like to say:

One, this thread is a notification for everyone. We've slowed down a little, and I'd like to get it going again.

Two, Stormrider, could you please send your results for the Spot and Listen checks? It might not be necessary if you all talk amongst yourselves, but you never know...

Uron Teff
30 December 2005, 12:34 PM
*cough*
[old radio sound]
Here is you friendly neighborhood Uron Teff.
Maybe it's to late say so, but Storm is on vacation. Furthermore I'd like to say that I'm of for the next two days due to New Year's Eve and my journey to Cologne (Köln).
End of message.;)
[/old radio sound]

RemyLeBeau
30 December 2005, 04:46 PM
Perfectly fine. The forum isn't going anywhere, so we can take a break until everyone is back.

Uron Teff
6 January 2006, 10:03 AM
Well I'm back as you can see on my IC post. :D
Nonetheless... hopefully this guy is not in a bad mood... and not jumpy...
Unless those two instances occur we're shibby! :P

RemyLeBeau
8 January 2006, 06:23 PM
Good to have you back, Uron. I'll have to decline comment on the guy's status, but I think it'll turn out to be a good RP.
:D
Game on!

darth_wyld
12 January 2006, 06:44 AM
And no desintegrations. :vader:

Uron Teff
12 January 2006, 08:25 AM
As you wish. :boba:

Well first of all I thought about talking then about affecting his mind and then about stunning. And the last possible action I thought of was running. :P
Well yeah... but let try it with words.

RemyLeBeau
12 January 2006, 09:48 AM
As to your IC question, I don't know about Storm. He hasn't been on in quite a while, but I'm not about to boot him or anything. At this point, if you want to take it slow, I don't think he'll miss much.

PS:
Are you making any checks to go with your dialogue? Diplomacy, Force Powers, Bluff?

Uron Teff
12 January 2006, 10:00 AM
You tell me what you want me to do, Boss.
I haven't planed to use the Sway on this one so... you decide what if I need to roll the dice.

RemyLeBeau
12 January 2006, 03:47 PM
If you're not using the Sway and you're not lying, roll a Diplomacy check. If that fails, it's up to you - Intimidation, Friendship, Affect Mind, Stun, or a few others.

(Also a small note: I'm not the 'Boss,' that would be you guys. As a GM my job is to make your RPG the most fun it can be and that's it. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you're not cheating, you're the boss.)

Stormrider02
12 January 2006, 03:50 PM
Holy..it lives!


Yes I'm alive....under a new alias.

Remy....I've been

A. On vaction

B. Very sick

C. Super busy

D. very tired.

So please forgive my absence.....I'm back now..and ready to resume the role of a certain smart-ass rodian

RemyLeBeau
13 January 2006, 05:17 AM
Welcome back Stormrider... ...02. Good to have you back in the RP.

Uron Teff
13 January 2006, 09:38 AM
Here is what you wanted, Boss. :P
Diplomacy check (1d20+6=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=334885)
Lets see what'll happen...

RemyLeBeau
16 January 2006, 07:01 AM
Yep, success.

(Although you came damn close. I gave a -3 to the DC because you appeared stranded ...otherwise it would have been 15.)

Uron Teff
16 January 2006, 06:32 PM
So it might be a simple rule issue and I don't want to bother you with it but...
Maybe Jerec and I should know in what way his attitude has changed. From hostile to unfriendly?? Or from Indifferent to friendly? Or do I have to make a Sense Motive check before I can guess how this blind guy is reacting towards me?
I'll keep the IC till this is resolved, okay?

RemyLeBeau
17 January 2006, 05:14 AM
Ahh, yes - I don't think something that simple should take a Sense Motive check. He's changed from Indifferent to Friendly. (Meaning that no editing of my post was required.)

RemyLeBeau
17 January 2006, 05:14 AM
Aha - I found a use for my double post. :D

Your Knowledge check is successful - you know that the lead cover for the airspeeder is a bit smaller than the one needed on the ship, but if you spend a little while bending and heaving you can cover about 95% of the engine surface.

RemyLeBeau
19 January 2006, 08:50 AM
More OOC goodness:

Uron, you're becoming a master of close calls. I took the normal DC of 15, added 3 to the DC because it required the Rodian to give you something that doesn't often break down, and gave a -2 to your check because the situation was an uncomfortable one.

Final DC and check:

DC 18, Check 19

Of course, there's one last hurdle to get past before you get the lead fibersteel. Check the IC thread and you'll see what I mean.

Some other notes:
Since you successfully got the Rodian woman to make a fibersteel cover for a large-size engine, the amount of lead fibersteel you'll have will be more than enough to cover the ship's engine.

Uron Teff
20 January 2006, 05:37 PM
Okay, now we've got the fibersteel. Am I allowed to kill the woman now??? Just kidding! :P
I was wondering if the man of the Rodian is outside with us (i.e. the Rodian and Jerec)?
If not I've got a plan...
:D

RemyLeBeau
21 January 2006, 08:46 AM
Well, if you mean Joyl and Jerec, from what I got in the IC thread was that they are hiding behind some dune ready to give backup.

...how about you guys? I doubt that the two guys waiting outside have sat there immobile this whole time. Did you move around to look in a window, take a position behind a moisture collector, or something else?

Final piece of information: The blind man is also inside the house, having finished the checks on the moisture collectors and whatnot.

Uron Teff
21 January 2006, 09:39 AM
Okay... Remy I took the freedom to accelerate the movement a bit just because I wanted Jerec to use the Sway after the Rodian is in the car and after the motor is started.
Hopefully the Rodian fails the DC15 will check. Then we'll have our fibersteel.

If I went to far on this one Remy (meaning that I wasn't allowed to skip few seconds of no conversational interaction between the Rodian and Jerec) say so and I'll change the post accordingly.

RemyLeBeau
21 January 2006, 01:17 PM
No, no trouble so far. Since Joyl and Fin won't be interacting with Jerec until this part is over (iI assume anyway) I think a little time-slip won't hurt anyone. Carry on...

In other news, it looks like your Force Point didn't help much. (Although it was definitely a good place to use it) Natural 20 +1 = 21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=341764), linked in case you don't believe me. Wow.

Just an idle question, it won't affect the gameplay at all: What was Plan B? Lie through your teeth, stun-level combat, or something else?

Uron Teff
22 January 2006, 12:57 PM
There are various plan Bs.

bluff my butt (and the fibersteel) out of this situation
stun this Rodian down
kill the Rodian
tell her the truth (and maybe offer her a place on board with her husband)


That's what I had in mind but suggestion from you Remy (I know you won't do such a thing) or by darth_wyld or Stormrider are welcome. :P

Uron Teff
26 January 2006, 09:31 AM
Okay folks,
now you can start flaming me. I think my plan won't work. Maybe I need some HELP from Fin and Joyl.
I tried it the friendly and soft way but alia iacta est. I've proven once more that the dice god does not like Jerec.
Therefore:
HELP!!!
;)

RemyLeBeau
26 January 2006, 09:42 AM
Well, since Jerec is a Noble/Force Adept and can't use Sleight of Hand, turning the comlink on without her noticing can't happen. Sorry. However, since she'll be caught flat-footed if you start combat, you'll get a surprise round and should be able to get the blaster out and pointed the right direction without any trouble. From my point of view, it's either that or you can stick with the bribery idea.

(You can edit your last post if you like)

Uron Teff
26 January 2006, 09:50 AM
Funny thing about Slight of Hand is that only few classes have it as Class Skill. And even if you have it as class skill it does not mean that you cannot use it untrain. This is from my point of view crap because each of use - even if he has two left hands (i.e. low Dexterity) - can try to activate a comlink without the notice of someone. Just my opinion on this topic.
But hey, you're the GameMaster Remy and your wish is my command. Well almost... :P

RemyLeBeau
27 January 2006, 04:42 AM
Well I will agree with you on that. Sleight of Hand is a pretty rare skill, and if it were up to me, a Noble would have it in the Class Skills.

Tell you what, make Sleight of Hand a class skill the next time you level up, and for right now make a Dexterity check. Sound fair?

(PS - I just noticed that two of you guys live in Germany. I knew before that you were somewhere in Europe because of the time difference, but Germany; that's pretty awesome! Was ist auf? :D )

Uron Teff
28 January 2006, 11:44 AM
Remy I'd like to stick to the class skills written in the RCRB. But nonetheless I would favor one change:
Slight of Hand as a skill that does not require a skill rank to use it. Therefore it would be (in game terms) Can be used untrained. I tend to this, because. Every person can try to do Slight of Hands attempts but only few have training in it (as represented that only few classes have it as class skill).
Second:
Remy what for do you want me to do a Dexterity check? The comlink or the blaster pistol?
Third:
I had in mind to get a level as Scoundrel with the next level-up. :P

Uron Teff
30 January 2006, 09:51 AM
Okay Remy I made up my mind and I think I won't try to switch on the comlink. I only try to bribe her. And maybe lay my hand upon my blaster... but hey I posted this.
Therefore I won't change a thing... :D

darth_wyld
3 February 2006, 01:44 AM
Yeah, we both live in Germany, but we never met. (Although, if Uron knew how close I was the last two weeks, Muhahahahahahaha!)

And we seem to turn up in all the same places over here in the holonet...

Uron Teff
3 February 2006, 06:30 AM
Yeah you're right Darth. Seems ind of wicked that we're three games together.
First Sons of Djanakai, then A Band of Rebel Brothers and now finally Q:TU Rebels .
But I have to admit that Ris invited my to join the team. It was not my fault... :-P

Stormrider
5 February 2006, 01:17 PM
/Dnd player I command thee to rise from obscurity foul fiend /Dnd Player


Or in laymens terms BUMP!


Edit. Do to a little talk I had with Uron..my posting rate should come up quite abit..the crazy german helped me recognize a couple of things I had missed about myself.and i'm determined to change them.

Uron Teff
5 February 2006, 01:54 PM
Edit. Do to a little talk I had with Uron..my posting rate should come up quite abit..the crazy german helped me recognize a couple of things I had missed about myself.and i'm determined to change them.
Well actually I just asked how he is. And Storm told me about his alcohol problem, his gambling problem and almost every other addiction you could imagine. Actually I didn't really want to know but he kept on telling and I had no chance to intervine.
After two hours of continues talking Storm finally started to cry and said he will change. And, man, I didn't even say a thing. Wierd, huh?


Just kidding! :P

RemyLeBeau
6 February 2006, 08:01 AM
That's Uron, ever the psychologist. :D

Well, apologies to all for the lapse in posts on my part, there were Real Life troubles for a while. But everything's better and I've assured that it won't happen again. Now let's get back to gaming!

Uron Teff
6 February 2006, 10:39 AM
That's Uron, ever the psychologist.

Well actually this would be my girlfriend. But hey, it seems like it rubbed off on me. ;)

Stormrider
7 February 2006, 09:19 AM
Remy...didn't know you were a member of RPOL...a small world I suppose.

Hmm..does anyone have any anti-Uron spray? They seem to be swarming this year...

RemyLeBeau
7 February 2006, 09:40 AM
RPOL? Vas spreichen mit du? (Spelling is bad :()

Anyway, I don't have any anti-Uron spray - electric fences work best. :D

(PS I finally updated the IC thread! Woo.)

Uron Teff
7 February 2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by RemyLeBeau
Anyway, I don't have any anti-Uron spray - electric fences work best. :D

Pah! And I thought I've got friends all around me. And just as a small side note. I've got a full body rubber suit (for the fence). :P

Ach und Remy, ich verstehe was du gesagt hast. Mich wundert nur, wo du Deutsch gelernt hast. Und vor allem, wieviele hier noch (ansatzweise) Deutsch sprechen können (oder es zu mindestens versuchen). :P

RemyLeBeau
7 February 2006, 03:57 PM
Ach und Remy, ich verstehe was du gesagt hast. Mich wundert nur, wo du Deutsch gelernt hast. Und vor allem, wieviele hier noch (ansatzweise) Deutsch sprechen können (oder es zu mindestens versuchen).

Ich entschuldige mich Uron, aber das ist, wo meine deutsche Kenntnis beendet. Ich habe Deutsch von meinem Großvater gelernt, aber ach hat er Sie nicht verstanden. Mein Großvater war in Schwabach, ein Stadt zehn Kilometernorden von Nuremburg, für achtzehn Monate. Ich habe Ihren Brief zu freetranslation.com und das Ergebnis war lustig. Hoffentlich werde ich besser an Sprechen Deutsch in Zukunft werden.

Stormrider
7 February 2006, 04:10 PM
Crap...I'm surrounded by germans..and more germans. :D


"Lures the germans into the spiked pit trap with brotworst and beer" Come on..you know you want it....

RemyLeBeau
7 February 2006, 08:34 PM
Hey, I'm not German!
*jumps into spike pit*

...hey, could ya help a GM out and pass me some sauerkraut?

-anyway, on a more serious note, I wanted to ask about the German time change. Since Germany is close to Greenwich I'd assume that you're either using or close to using GMT. I'm six hours behind, so obviously there are some troubles, but if you can tell me a time (in GMT) when you're most able to get on the computer I'll make an effort to log on at that time.

Uron Teff
7 February 2006, 11:39 PM
Well the German (and Central European Timezone) is GMT +1.
And Remy to answer you second question, I'll be more online after my exams are past. Yes, folks, even more....
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
:D