PDA

View Full Version : New Episodes 7-9

gmjabreson
27 September 2005, 07:44 AM
I read long ago, around 96, that contracts were signed by all but Ford and Fisher, for episodes 7-9, so who knows, maybe they will, as for anything else, what has anyone heard?

Reverend Strone
27 September 2005, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately you were misled.

This is simply not true- especially in the case of Ford. He has said he has no desire to play Han Solo again, ever. What's more, Lucas and his representatives have said on countless occcassions now that there will be no Ep VII, VIII and IX.

Personally, I can't imagine what the stories would be about. The arc is over and the story is told.

michealfrantz
28 September 2005, 05:11 PM
There is a little known Federal Law that few people outside the field of motion pictures knows, and it is the DeHavilland Decision. Once upon a time, studios could keep movie stars on their payrolls indefinately without EVER raising their pay - and back then, their pay was paltry campared to today.

Actress Gloria Dehavilland got the courage up to challenge the Studio System. Consequently, the Federal Ruling was that contracts were required to employ an actor/actress, and the duration of that contract may NEVER exceed 7 years.

So, even if what you heard back in 96 were true (or at least true in 96), then it would have no bearing on today's decissions by any studio.

9 years have passed, and new contracts would have to have been drawn up to do anything with the original actors.

Yes, I'm full of lots of useless trivia. And while your question was already answered, I posted this here so that others in the future could determine if the rumor they just heard is valid or not. This seemed like a good place to do it.

Peace.

cheshire
28 September 2005, 07:29 PM
At the rate he's going at now, I immagine if Lucas did try to go through the whole process again with another trilogy he would be dead before he could finish. Possibly because of old age. More likely at the hands of a disgruntled fan.