PDA

View Full Version : IC: 'The Way The Republic Works' 2.0



Ithorian
28 September 2005, 09:37 AM
A LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY
STAR WARS
The way the republic works...
Chaos ravages the galactic republic. The CIS have built a large droid factory on a planet in the outer rim. They appear to be experimenting with new droid types. 3 jedi are sent down to tackle with the problem...

"OK sir, we're gonna drop you in this forest, the only remaining surrounding the droid factory."
"But..."
You are dropped onto what appears to the soldiers to be a forest, but you see a small village. Thatch flies in the air as you land on the roof and subsequently fall through. After hitting the ground, you see a solidly built, strong figure, complete with bushy moustache, regarding you with interest. "Hello there! The name's Lionel, Lionel D. Smithe. The D stands for daring good lass," He exclaimed, aiming a wink at Kage.
The room is little more than a single roomed mudhut, and inside are three creatures, Lionel being one of them. You notice he has an eyepatch and he's lost an ear. The creature at the back of the room looks rather regal. The other isn't as broad as Lionel, but still has the look of a battle-hradened man. You feel a strong presence of the force eminate from both of them. The other soldier turns and regards you.
"Hello, looking at those gadgets, you must be one of those funny Jedi things. I'm Detrus Detritus, and this is King Montgermary Cliffson Fortmontescue. If you're wondering why my name's so different, I used to be king of the neighbouring planet Crior, but the CIS BZD'd it. So I decided to live with my cousin." He made a gesture to Montgermary.
"We're a bit low on troops at the minute I'm afraid, otherwise we would have given you a royal welcome." Lionel guffawed at his own joke.

OOC: Just to note, these Cridofians aren't the CLL operatives, they come in later.

Stormrider
28 September 2005, 10:01 AM
"Hello, looking at those gadgets, you must be one of those funny Jedi things. I'm Detrus Detritus, and this is King Montgermary Cliffson Fortmontescue. If you're wondering why my name's so different, I used to be king of the neighbouring planet Crior, but the CIS BZD'd it. So I decided to live with my cousin." He made a gesture to Montgermary

The Mon-Cal offered a low bow to the men. Andoran of the Jedi at your service. He gestured at the girl. and this is Kage my associate

The Old Master
28 September 2005, 11:52 AM
Dal-Adol steps forward next to Andoran, "I am sorry for the inconvenience our landing may have caused," he then bows politely and introduces himself. "I am Dal-Adol Kether, and you are quite correct - we are Jedi."

darkforcerising
28 September 2005, 08:21 PM
Kage stares at the unfamiliar being quizzically, then at her master. "Kage Mirin, Padawan," she says with little emotion. "I, we, didn't mean to fall through your roof." She steps back and looks down at the floor, and then at her master again. With the Force she speaks to Andoran (telepathically) "Too friendly. Suspicious. CIS loyalists?"

Ithorian
29 September 2005, 12:35 AM
"We're the CLL. That stands for Cridofian liberation league, good madam. We hate the CIS as much as you do."
Lionel then looked around the room. "Sorry, I always like to stay alert for telepathic messages being passed through the room. I'm terrible at eavesdropping. It's part of general training. We only take you on to palace guard of you have a way with 'The Great Illusion'. I think you chaps call it 'The Force' or something doncha?"
Detrus looked at the Jedi "Listen you lot. We've been getting a bit of trouble with some of your people waving those funny lightsaber things around. Red blades an' all that. Killed a lot of our troops and droped the rest into concentration camps. We had a bit of an idea about staging a bit of a break-in into one of them. Fancy comin' with us?"
OOC:
Lionel has taken levels in the prestige class Cridofian palace guard. That is why he can intercept telepathic messages. I'll submit the whole class stats in the OOC thread soon.

darkforcerising
29 September 2005, 06:31 AM
Kage jerks her head up to glare at Lionel, her red eyes glowing hotly. What the hell? Her hands form into tight fists as she draws the Force into herself, and releases. She glances up again, "You shouldn't say it like that, you make red sabers sound bad. I favor mine. I guess it complements my eyes." She swallows and looks at her master, as if to say "I shouldn't have said that. But I did."

Stormrider
29 September 2005, 08:29 AM
Andoran gave her an amused glance taking it all in stride. His watery voice would echo in her mind. It seems we need to increase your diplomacy lessons Kage

Please forgive her. She is young and has yet to master the proper arts of tact. Andoran offered with an easy grin.

The Old Master
29 September 2005, 01:38 PM
Dal-Adol steps slightly back, he himself isn't much of a talker, either. No need to say something stupid.

When they start to move, Dal-Adol steps in next to Andoran and speaks very low "A Dark Jedi? This is not good news..."

Stormrider
29 September 2005, 01:46 PM
Aye. We need to know more. ..........Perhaps we should accompany them on the mission to rescue their captured people.we could learn more about this dark one. His voice equally low.

The Old Master
30 September 2005, 01:13 AM
"A rescue mission in addition to our sabotage?" Dal-Adol weights the options... "It would complicate our goal, but it would only be right to help them. Alternatively we could split up." he suggests, still with his voice down.

darkforcerising
30 September 2005, 05:33 AM
Kage stands nearby, patiently waiting for their decision. It is not her place to argue or debate the course the mission should take, but rather to support her Master and the other Jedi. But still she cannot help but step in to voice her opinion. "Masters," she matches their low tone. "Perhaps these beings may aid us in return if we assist them. If we were to help rescue them they would be in our debt. And as natives they may have valuable intelligence that we do not." She absentmindedly traces the tattoo on her arm with her finger. "Of course, whatever you think is best," she adds almost apologetically, stepping away from their conference.

darkforcerising
30 September 2005, 05:57 AM
Kage wtches the Cridofians for a moment and jumps back into the conversation. "Forgive me for inturrupting again, but I feel that we should learn more about these particular Cridofians before attempting to help them. There is something I don't trust... it is not such a difficult thing to swear allegiance to one side while giving it to another. They just seemed to be... expecting us," she says.

Ithorian
30 September 2005, 08:05 AM
"Expecting you, good lass? Of course we were! Detrus told us we'd have some unexpected visitors when he was meditating yesterday! Well, our species history and culture isn't much of a conversation piece, but we've been living pretty happily, apart from the 'galactic community' for years. Then these bally CIS folks start bombing our planets. 'Not on' I said, so we bally bombed them back. But they've got bigger bombs, blighters."
"We would be much obliged if you were to help uth in taking the camp tonight." This is the first time the king has spoken. You realise that he pronounces his words perfectly, if with a slight lisp.
A large crash was heard outside. Running out, you see the ship that brought you here in pieces, the clone troopers strewn across the floor. A note is on the ground next to one of them. It reads:
'This is third eye territory, stay away republic scum.'

"I think those funny lightsaber men have been calling themselves that..." Lionel mused...

The Old Master
30 September 2005, 01:04 PM
"They're calling themselves the Third Eye?" Dal-Adol asks. "Sounds more like a sect than a CIS group... Hmm..." He then steps back to his companions. "Now what? Our transport is blown up, smashed to pieces and melted, while the troops are scattered and mostly dead. On top of it, someone placed explosives here, because I didn't hear no shot being fired.

And I do agree with Kage, we should know more about these Cridofians, but I sense they know their way with the Force. This Detrus could as well be forseeing." Dal-Adol seems to be pondering about what he said. It doesn't take long, though, before he seems to be on alert.

Stormrider
30 September 2005, 01:40 PM
A twitch of a smile came upon Andoran. He locked eyes with Detrus. The flowing currents of the Force were around him as they always were.
Using one he used a lightest probe into the aliens mind. to Take stock of his emotions.He also watched the mans body language. Humans tended to sweat slightly when they lied. Those who knew the Mon-Cal could tell exactly what he was doing.





Empathy check 23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=159372)

Sense motive check 22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=159375)

Ithorian
2 October 2005, 08:27 AM
The mon Calamari senses nothing suspicious about the Cridofian. He appears to be tellng the truth. Detrus looked at Dal Adol "Explosives? I don't think so. They haven't used anything of the sort. Look at the wreckage. Your ship has no signs of an explosion, or implosion for that matter."
"These men have destroyed many things. There was no sign of any explosive materials being used." Monty continued
"So, since you can't really get home, fancy helping us out?" Finished Lionel, obviously getting quite impatient.

darkforcerising
2 October 2005, 08:02 PM
Kage follows Andoran and Dal-Adol. "If it wasn't explosives, than what could have done this?" she asks generally. Then adds in a low voice to the Jedi Masters, perhaps with I mite bit of justified anger, "I couldn't help but notice the Cridofians don't seem too put out." Kage turns quickly and walks back outside to the wreckage to investigate closer. (OOC: I guess that would be an untrained search check?)

Search (untrained) 18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=160375)

The Old Master
4 October 2005, 06:08 AM
"There's little short of explosives that could have done this." Da-Adol says as he checks with the troopers to see if anyone is still alive. "Andoran, did you sense anything?" he asks as he checks the commander, then the rest of the troops.

Three Treat Injury rolls - if there are any clones to treat... (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=160964)

Ithorian
4 October 2005, 09:18 AM
A clone groans behind Andoran. "Explosion. No explosives. Felt like... giant push. Large power."
The clone fell back to the ground, Dead. "If we don't seem put out, dear lass. It's because we've seen this thing a million times before." Said Lionel, agitated. "Nothing evades my ears, years of training."

Stormrider
4 October 2005, 10:03 AM
That one seems agitated....Hmmmm Kage, Dal-Adol...We need to talk in private..

darkforcerising
4 October 2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah, you can hear me, get outta my head! What is it with them? Wait Kage, remember, culture. Culture. Where they come from it's probably okay to read thoughts without permission. And right now Kage, you are where they come from. Deal with it, and just try not to imagine any of them naked. Calm, Kage. Find center. . . good.

"What is it, Andoran? The Force?" she asks when they come together. "I sense no Dark Side residue from the wreckage, though. One would think it could be felt if such power was used to destroy the craft."

Stormrider
4 October 2005, 06:21 PM
Not the force.....Just a feeling that there is something more going on here...The guard seems overly agitated..... i

The Old Master
5 October 2005, 04:57 AM
"Indeed. It seems like there is more to it than we are aware of," Dal-Adol replies, concerned. "I felt no ripple in the Force, no cannon-fire, and there were no explosives. Perhaps it was a sonic weapon or some other weapon based on wavelengths?" He takes a look around, noticing how the Cridofians seemed calm and relatively unconcerned, but still they were agitated. "The catch about such a weapon is that if it's used - why not take out the Cridofians?" Dal-Adol enjoyed pondering, not politics and diplomacy "We need to know who the Third Eye are, and excactly why the Cridofians are behaving this way."

darkforcerising
5 October 2005, 05:23 AM
Kage lowers her head to the two more experienced Jedi. "I leave the decision in your hands, you would know a wiser course of action than I," she says. "Of course, emphasis on 'action.'" she adds, with the barest trace of a smile.

Ithorian
5 October 2005, 09:19 AM
"Didn't that soldier say it felt like a giant push? Surely that narrows it down." Detrus butted in. "As for the third eye, we don't relly know much about them to tell. They turned up here with the CIS and started blowing stuff up. That," He said, picking up the note, "Is their calling card. Of course they've taken us out, haven't you realised this place is deserted apart from us? We've seen this thing a million times before. You ever seen a planet being rendered uninhabitable? It does wonders for the soul." He finished, with a sarcastic smile on his face.

Stormrider
5 October 2005, 09:43 AM
?
You ever seen a planet being rendered uninhabitable? His eyes turn towards Detrius..

Five times...I've seen this horror..and felt the screams of the people who died...Tell me Detrius have you ever felt over a million people die at once?. A single teartrolled down the Mon-Cals cheek.

The Old Master
5 October 2005, 12:50 PM
"Let's not get personal. I agree, this war has gotten quite bloody, and many, me included, have seen too many comrades and innocents being killed in front of you." Dal-Adol shoots in, before he speaks to his fellow jedi once again, cutting himself off in something that could have been a nice, sympathetic speech. "I suppose we should help them, and then let them help us - if they want to." He sighs "As for the ship. They said it felt like a giant push. There's either sonic or wavelength weapons, or the Force. I say we investigate the Third Eye when we get the chance. Any chance for radio contact?"

Ithorian
12 October 2005, 09:44 AM
IC:
"The nearest radio station is just down the road," Detrus gestured to the treetrunk that resembled a pylon, or was it the other way round? "Unfortunatelly, none of us know how to work it. And it's guarded by CIS troops, only B1's mind, so we could get in there easy enough."
"The radio station is broadcasting signals to the other battle droids on the planet, but it wouldn't be much use even if we did take it, half that amount are guarding it and the B2s and 3 have back-up processors."

The Old Master
13 October 2005, 10:43 PM
"What do you think, Andoran? Shall we try and reach the radio station?" Dal-Adol asks