PDA

View Full Version : OOC: 'The Way The Republic Works' 2.0

Ithorian
28 September 2005, 09:42 AM
Well, this is the OOC thread, be out of character, go crazy!
(Unless your character is crazy, then that'd be in character...)

The Old Master
28 September 2005, 11:57 AM
Hmm... How about a presentation of our characters? Description at least. Perhaps even the whole background and Personality as well?

Ithorian
29 September 2005, 12:23 AM
Yeah, sure. The other members of the team should know what your stats are. Post them, along with histories etc.

The Old Master
29 September 2005, 03:11 AM
Then I'll be first up, here's the background:

Dal-Adol Kether, human Jedi Knight.

Description:
Dal-Adol has healthy skin, brown half-long hair and piercing, green eyes. He always seems to keep a watch on his surroundings. He is medium built, standing about 1,8 m tall. He wears casual Jedi Robes with a black cloak.

Background:
Dal-Adol Kether was born on Coruscant and soon taken to the Jedi Temple for training. No one knows where his mother came from or where she left. She dissapeared soon after Dal-Adol was taken to the temple. The father were never on Coruscant. Time went by and Dal-Adol trained under Yoda with other younglings, learned of galactic life from knights and the Agri-Corps and listened to tales from far-away places and old eras.

Dal-Adol was nearly assigned to the Agri-Corps because no master would accept him. But one day a master came by. Set Notsil, a human from Corellia, visited the temple. Master Notsil was known for his wisdom and great patience. For one month he observed Dal-Adol in his training and meditation. If Dal-Adol honed his lightsaber skills (of which he gained tremendous abilities with) or meditated, Notsil would observe from the background. Set Notsil was very impressed of Dal-Adol's calmness and technique in lightsaber combat - it was as if he almost danced. It would seem that the young student's eagerness should've taken the better of him, but it didn't. Even though Master Notsil was a Consular and described himself as "best suited for diplomacy and thinking," he wasn't shy once battle were the only option. He thought he and Dal-Adol would be great contrasts to each other - Dal-Adol most focused on the present, the material, while Master Notsil was more focused on the abstract and sensing. Notsil thought that Dal-Adol's often straight-forward thinking and actions could indeed lead somewhere as well as his own thinking. Set Notsil took Dal-Adol Kether as his Padawan.

The two of them traveled wide and participated in many events and visited many places. Of note was Master Notsil's knowledge of the Meditative Canyon on Ambria, where Dal-Adol would find his first crystal for his first lightsaber. Notsil used to visit the canyon when something bothered him, or when he needed rest. However, he always kept a low profile when visiting the system (and advised Dal-Adol to do the same) since the Hutts controlled the system, and they were none too happy about visitors - especially not jedi visitors. However, the Meditative Canyon stays a jedi secret through history - a safe haven to worship serenity. The other place of note they visited was the Temple at Yavin IV. Here Dal-Adol was supposed to finish his Jedi trials, but before his task were finished, he and his master was summoned to Geonosis. Here they fought bravely, but were cornered in the chaos at the Arena. Set Notsil was mortaly wounded. Dal-Adol fought his way through the droids to be at his master's side. He dragged Notsil into shelter in the hallways while fending off blaster bolts. By the time Master Yoda came with the Clone Troopers, Jedi Master Set Notsil was dead. Before he died, he whispered to Dal-Adol "You fought bravely. I am proud. Remember the safe haven of the Canyon, my Padawan. I sense... I sense dark times... May the..Force be with you, always." He then joined the Force.

The Clone Wars had begun.

After the battle of Geonosis, Dal-Adol returned to the Meditative Canyon with his Master's lightsaber. Here he crafted himself a new lightsaber with a cyan blade - just like Notsil's - to honour his master. He tuned the saber's power and gave it golden edgings. When he left the canyon, he had placed his old saber and his master's in a cave, carefully laid on a Jedi robe. Dal-Adol was knighted when he returned to the Jedi Temple.

In times to come, Dal-Adol would participate in a lot of missions during the Clone Wars. His skills and understanding of the Force increased and he even aquired a Padawan. Dal-Adol doesn't have a seat in the council, although he carries the rank of Master and have been asked to join the Council. His skills with the lightsaber was the ability he perhaps honed the most. Dal-Adol is known as a Jedi Weapon Master of high ranking, only Mace Windu and a few others are superior to him.

Dal-Adol has yet to be commander of any Clone Troopers, but he is a good candidate if there ever were a platoon in need of a commander. He does however dispose his own Delta-7 Aethersprite-class Jedi Starfighter (stats for the R4-P droid is provided):

Class: Starfighter
Size: Dimutive (8m)
Hyperdrive: x1
Crew: 1 (Dal-Adol +9-4=+5; R4-P9 +14)
Passengers: None
Cargo Capacity: 60 kg
Consumables: 1 week
Initiative: +8 (Dal-Adol +4, size +4) or +7 (R4-P9 +3, size +4)
Maneuver: +9 (+9 dal-Adol, -4 no feat, +4 size) or +18 (R4-P9 +14, +4 size)
Defense: 24 (+4 size, +10 armor)
Shield Points: 30 (DR 10)
Hull Points: 65 (DR 10)
Maximum speed in space: Ramming (10 sq/action)
Atmospheric speed: 1,150 km/h (19 sq/action)

Weapon: Laser Cannons (4 fire-linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Attack Bonus: +23 (Dal-Adol +19, +4 size, +4 fire control, -4 no feat) or +16 (R4-P9 +8, size +4, fire control +4)
Damage: 6d10x2
Range Modifiers: see table 11-8

R4-P9, R4-P Starfighter Astromech Droid, Expert 6; init+3 (dex); Defense 16 (+2 class, +3 dex, +1 size); Spd N/A (built-in in Delta-7); VP/WP 0/14; Atk +7 melee (1d4+2 claw), or +7 melee (1d2+2 saw), or +7 melee (2d6 arc welder) or +8 ranged; SW Fort+4 Ref+5, W+6; SZ S, Face/Reach: 2m by 2m/2m; Rep+1; Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 10. Challenge Code B.

Equipment: Comlink, heuristic processor, sensors (improved, infrared vision, 369-degree vision), diagnostics package, recording unit (holo, sound), tool mounts (x4), Telescopic appendage, Internal storage (2kg), fire extinguisher.

Skills: Astrogate 9 ranks (+15, but suffers -2 on Delta-7), Computer Use 9 ranks (+15, but suffers -2 on Delta-7), Disable Device 9 ranks (+13), Knowledge (Astronomy) 9 ranks (+13), Pilot 9 ranks (+14), Read/Write Basic, Repair 9 ranks (+15, but suffers -2 on Delta-7), Speak Basic (understand only), Speak Binary, Spot 9 ranks (+12)
Feats: Ambidexterity, Gearhead, Spacer, Starship Operation (Starfighter), WGP (simple, blaster pistols)

Personality:
Dal-Adol is a varied person. He is not much of a diplomat all by himself, but he has a knack for calming people with the Force. Even so, he tends not to overuse it. As his master once said, "Dal-Adol is a fighter - he is quite the opposite of me, but that doesn't mean he makes bad decisions." Which is true. Dal-Adol has been marked by Set Notsil's wisdom, but he's yet to be shaped by it. Dal-Adol keeps his calm in all situations. If there's something he can't handle, he backs out. He weight things, but he adds more logic than wisdom to his sollutions - or so it would seem. Who knows how Master Notsil's wisdom has affected Dal-Adol Kether?

Equipment:
Lightsaber, All-temperature cloak, Jedi Utility Belt (Power of the Jedi), Breath Mask w/2 extra filters and canisters, Vennoc-x Chronometer (Arms and Equipment).

The Old Master
29 September 2005, 03:12 AM
Game statistics for Dal-Adol Kether:

Class: Jedi Guardian 5/Jedi Weapon Master 10

Str: 12
Dex: 19
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 10
Cha: 8

VP/WP: 156/14
Defense: 24 (10 base, +10 class, +4 dex) With lightsaber: 30 (+6 from defense feats)
Fortitude: +11 (9 base, +2 con)
Reflex: +13 (9 base, +4 dex)
Will: +8 (8 base)

Force Points: 15

Melee +16/+11/+6 (15 Base Attack, +1 Str)
Ranged +19/+14/+9 (15 Base Attack, +4 dex)

Lightsaber (cyan blade) :
Attack bonus: +22/+18/+12*
Damage: 6d8+8 (one-handed), 6d8+10 (two-handed), crit 16-20.
*Dal-Adol has crafted his own lightsaber (+1 to hit), it's also personalized to have 1 higher threat rating (Arms and Equipment Guide).

Skill: (rank, ability, skill synergy, misc)

Tumble +19 (13, +4 dex, +2, 0)
Battlemind +20 (18, +2 con, 0, 0)
Move Object +17 (15, +2 int, 0, 0)
Craft (lightsaber) +5 (3, +2 int, 0, 0)
Heal Self +10 (11, -1 cha, 0, 0)
Enhance Ability +10 (8, +2 con, 0, 0)
Jump +9 (6, +1 str, +2, 0)
See Force +2 (2, 0 wis, 0, 0)
Treat Injury +4 (4, 0 wis, 0, 0)
Intimidate +2 (3, -1 dex, 0, 0)
Sense Motive +2 (2, 0 wis, 0, 0)
Friendship +10 (11, -1 dex, 0, 0)
Knowledge (Jedi Lore) +5 (3, 2 int, 0, 0)
Balance +9 (3, +4 dex, +2, 0)
Pilot +9 (5, +4 dex, 0, 0)
Computer Use +5 (3, +2 int, 0, 0)
Force Strike +17 (15, +2 int, 0, 0)

Force skills in red

Languages: Basic (Speak, Read, Write), Cerese (Speak), Kel-Dor (Speak)

Feats: weapon focus (lightsaber), Quick Draw, Combat Expertise, Force-Sensitive, Combat Reflexes, Weapon Finesse (Lightsaber), Improved Critical (lightsaber), Improved Disarm

Force feats: Alter, Control, Sense, Lightsaber Defense, knight Defense, Master Defense, Burst of Speed, Lightsaber Form IV

Class features: Force Training (x3), Deflect (defense +3), deflect (attack -2), Increased lightsaber damage (x4), Weapon Mastery (Superior weapon focus: lightsaber, weapon specialization: lightsaber, Rapid Strike), Deflect (increased defense and attac), Block

Some variants from Jedi Counseling by Gary M. Sarli.

Melee weapon vs no melee weapon

If you make a melee attack against a target that is not armed with a melee weapon (including natural weapons or the Martial Arts feat), you get a +4 circumstance bonus to your melee attack roll. If you are attacking with a lightsaber (or other weapon that ignores DR), the target is not considered to be armed unless his melee weapon would retain its DR against your attack (for example, another lightsaber, a Sith sword, a Gungan energy shield, and so on).

Force Push

You can physically shove your target in addition to Force Strike's normal effects. By spending 4 vitality points (instead of the normal 2 vitality point cost of Force Strike), your target is pushed 2 meters directly away from you and knocked prone on a failed Reflex save. For every 5 ranks you have in Move Object, the target may be pushed back an additional 2 meters. In addition, the target gets a +4 bonus to its Reflex save for every size category greater than Medium, a –4 penalty to its Reflex save for every size category smaller, and a +4 bonus to its Reflex save if it has more than two legs or is otherwise more stable than a normal humanoid. In all other respects, Force Push functions the same as a normal use of Force Strike.

If the target hits an obstacle in its path, it lands prone in that square, and both the target and the obstacle take damage as if the target were a falling object that was dropped a distance of 4 meters (1d6 points of damage and DC 15 Reflex save to avoid for a Medium-sized target; see Table 12-22 in the Revised Core Rulebook). If the obstacle makes its save to avoid being struck, the target continues moving in a straight line until its maximum distance is reached and it lands prone in that square.

The Old Master
30 September 2005, 01:19 AM
I forgot my languages! They're now added to the character information.

But I'm just curious; Does the clone troopers assis us (i.e. with explosives etc to sabotage or destroy the factory). I know we get some sort of assistance later, but the clones would be a natural in the beginning, though.

Second: Stormrider, darkforcerising, do you have character backgrounds and stats? (I'm most interested in the backgrounds, though)

darkforcerising
30 September 2005, 05:16 AM
Yes I do, but I won't be ble to post them until later tonight, I'l put up everything then.

Ithorian
30 September 2005, 07:58 AM
Your query about the clones has just been answered oldmaster.

darkforcerising
30 September 2005, 04:49 PM
Kage Mirin
Female Chiss Jedi Guardian 5

Str 14
Dex 14
Con 12
Int 16
Wis 12
Cha 9

VP/WP: 38/12
Def: 17(+5 class, +2 Dex)
Fort:+5
Ref:+6
Will:+4
Rep:+2

FP: 5

Melee:+7 (3d8+2/19-20, lightsaber, red)
Ranged:+7

Skills:
Balance+5
Climb+7
Intimidate+1
Jump+6
Knowledge (Jedi lore)+8
Tumble+8
Nunchaka
Bow-hunting
Computer hacking :D

Force Skills:
Affect Mind+6
Battlemind+9
Force Strike+10
Heal Self+5
Move Object+10
Telepathy+5

Feats:
Acrobatic
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Lightsaber)
Force Sensitive
Martial Arts
Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols)
Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons)

Force Feats:
Force Feats
Sense
Kinetic Might

Deflect (attack -4)
Deflect (defense +1)
Increased Lightsaber damage (3d8)

Languages: Basic (she does not know Chuenh)

Kage dresses in a manner considered to be at best unconventional by most Jedi. Perhaps her way of saying “look at me, I’m somebody” because she is certainly not the type to say that out loud, much less anything else. Kage consciously views herself as an outcast of both society and the Jedi order. She wears her black hair to her shoulders and lets it hang free. Black is the color of choice for her clothing as well, from the sleeveless shirt to the boots. She also wears cloth on her forearms and hands. On her arms are a series of small, tattooed designs, with little meaning to anyone but herself.

Kage, a failure at diplomacy of most kinds, tends to rely upon her practiced skill in the Jedi Mind trick to get things done when the situation requires actions of the sort. However, she is most skilled at the disciplines of the Force requiring hard and fast motion, matching her physically focused nature. Being a Chiss however, Kage has not escaped her race’s genetic inclinations toward logic and reasoning. It is part of her natural though process to reason and analyze.

Quiet and shy Kage prefers not speak to unfamiliar beings. She is nevertheless thoughtful and focused. Her origin is unknown. She was brought back from the Unknown Regions as a potential student by a Jedi Master as a child, who was killed shortly thereafter. She was a quiet but capable student during her time at the temple. Until chosen as a Padawan learner by Andoran. Why Andoran chose her... ask him.

The Old Master
5 October 2005, 01:21 PM
Here's some more snacks from Jedi Counseling. I often skim through the counselings, but there's always something I miss. The things I post here are all things that I think is apropriate to this game.

I've also edited the other two counselings (in my game stats) so that they too are in quotations with headlines - easier to find that way

Official errata for the "Speed" feats

The Burst of Speed, Force Speed, Knight Speed, and Master Speed feats require a free action to activate, and they can only be activated if you have taken no actions (other than free actions) on your turn. Once activated, your base speed is multiplied by 10, 20, or 30 (depending on the feat), and you can only use Disengage, Move, Run, and free actions for the rest of your turn. Your base speed is returned to normal just before your turn in the next round.

For example, let's say a Human Jedi guardian has Burst of Speed (base speed 10 meters). In round 1, his first action is to activate Burst of Speed (spending 5 vitality points), thereby temporarily increasing his base speed to 100 meters. He chooses to take the Move action twice, moving a total of 200 meters including a few twists and turns. In round 2, he needs to cover a little extra distance in a straight path, so he activates Burst of Speed again (spending 5 more vitality points) and chooses the Run action, moving a total of 400 meters in a straight line.

Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, and Tumble should all be listed as free actions that are included as a part of movement (although some Balance and Tumble checks may be made as reactions in response to being attacked while balancing or to reduce the damage taken from falling, respectively). Obviously, however, Climb, Jump, and Tumble cannot be used while running because you wouldn't be moving in a straight line.

In the case of a Jump check, the distance covered by the Jump is counted against your movement for the round. If you run out of movement mid-jump, your next action (either on this turn or, if necessary, on your next turn) must be a move action to complete the jump.

Lightsaber proficiency errata

Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber) makes the character proficient with the lightsaber, short lightsaber, great lightsaber, and dual-phase lightsaber. These weapons are still different enough to require a separate selection of Weapon Focus, Improved Critical, and other weapon-specific feats and class features. The double-bladed lightsaber is significantly more difficult to wield effectively -- thus, it still requires its own Exotic Weapon Proficiency, as before. (Note that a double-bladed lightsaber with a single blade ignited is treated as a lightsaber.)

Hurl Object (Large and greater sized objects)

Large and greater sized objects can be hurled at an opponent. Unlike hurling smaller objects, they do not daze on a successful hit. Instead, you make a ranged attack roll against a target, and you have an effective range increment of 10 meters for this attack. If you miss, the hurled object scatters, using the rules for grenadelike weapons.

If the target is hit, it must make a saving throw as if an object had fallen into its square. (For damage and save DC, see Table 12-22: Damage from Falling Objects on page 289 of the revised book.) In the case of lateral or upward throws, treat the object as having fallen 4 meters for purposes of calculating damage. Downward throws -- including cases of moving an object over the target and dropping it -- should inflict damage according to the actual distance fallen.

Force Jump

Q: Jedi jumps and falls are covered in the Hero's Guide, but I've also seen an FAQ that says when a Jedi spends 4 vitality, he adds his ranks of Move Object and then multiplies the distance by three. The Hero's Guide adds the ranks but doesn't multiply by three. Which is right?

A: Actually, the FAQ is. After the Hero's Guide came out, a discussion occurred on some of the message boards about whether or not the Force jump rules accurately reflected what we saw in The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones -- and the consensus was, they didn't. So we talked it out, and we decided that the best solution was to determine the jump distance with the roll, and then multiply that distance by three. I think you'll find it works out fairly well.

Variant Rule: My Ally Is the Force

In this variant, you can use your Force points to help pay vitality costs of Force powers. By "exhausting" a Force point, you gain 10 extra vitality points that can only be used to pay the cost of a Force skill or feat. If these extra vitality points go unspent, they disappear after 1 minute (10 rounds). Alternately, you may have each Force point provide a number of vitality points equal to your character level.

Exhausting a Force point is a free action that may be performed only once a round, and you can't spend a Force point in the same round you exhaust one. An exhausted Force point can't be used for any other purpose, but it's not actually "spent" -- it becomes available again after 1 hour and can then be spent or exhausted normally.

Variant Rule: The Force Is Strong in This One

In this variant, your connection to the Force reduces the cost of some Force skills. Depending on how many Force points you currently have (not counting any "exhausted" Force points, as explained above), the vitality cost of Force powers and skills is changed:
Force Points Change in VP Cost
0 +1
1–3 +0
4–8 –1
9–15 –2
16–24 –3
etc. etc.

Apply this change in VP cost after all other modifiers due to feats or Force techniques, and this can never reduce the final VP cost below 1. Note that if you have spent all your Force points, your connection to the Force actually becomes weaker, making all Force skills and feats require more vitality points.

If I interpreted Ithorian correctly, it seems the two variants I added with my stats have been accepted. However, he makes the final call on these, as well. I'll also see if I find some Counseling concerning non-Force users as well (for the spec-ops). I saw something about mulitfire and autofire with and without two weapons, for example.

Ithorian
6 October 2005, 08:43 AM
I've been known to flick through Jedi counselling myself. They all seem like pretty decent errata. Consider them accepted.

The Old Master
7 October 2005, 01:19 PM
About block:

Block

Any character with deflect (defense +2) Automatically gains block

I mailed Counseling about how Obi-Wan could use block on Muunilinist (Jedi Counseling 66, if anyone's interested), and I got that reply. It's from Jedi Counseling 71. Now I wish I'd added armored gauntlets to my equipment, but I can obtain that later if there's any huge need for it.

The Old Master
12 October 2005, 07:00 AM
So... Where's the game going?