PDA

View Full Version : SW RPG Icons

cheshire
29 September 2005, 05:40 AM
I just started trying my hand at making icons. I've got a couple of icons if you keep a lot of RPG files on your computer (and I know we all do).

If there is any demand, I'll see if I can make any more.

Uron Teff
29 September 2005, 06:05 AM
Well cheshire there is some criticism and and demand from my point of view.

The criticism first: Why are there only two incons in the .zip file?:?
And the demand: I demand more. You hear MORE!:D

No realy, if you'd be able to make more of these icnos I would be pleased to download them.

Oh... and BTW could you do some Imperial stuff icons? Maybe rank badages or famous Imperial Faces (Grand Moff Tarkin, Admiral Daala, The Emperor, Royal Guards Men, Grand Admiral Thrawn,...).

Nice work!

cheshire
29 September 2005, 08:48 AM
I have several icons that I haven't made myself. But you'll find some of what you're looking for there. It's got the Emperor, Darth Vader, and a few other notables in there as well as a couple of emblems. I'll start to work on Imperial rank badges and things of that sort.

For those of you who don't feel like downloading two files, I've gon ahead and put my orriginal two in with this zip file allong with the collection of Star Wars icons that I haven't done.

coldskier0320
29 September 2005, 11:46 AM
Okay, feeling dumb, but how exactly do I make use of these little jewels, they'll really help me snazzify my 'SWRPG' forlder and all its contents. :D:?

cheshire
29 September 2005, 03:50 PM
If you want to change an icon, 1., right click on the item. At this point things vary if you're changing the icon of a folder or a shortcut. If it is for a file or a shortcut, all you have to do is 2a. select "Properties." If you're changing the icon on a folder, what you have to do is 2b.click "change properties" and from there the process is the same as changing a file or shortcut icon. Now 3. select "change icon" at the bottom of the window.

At this point it will give you a selection of default Windows icons. 4. Click "browse" and find the directory where you unzipped the Icons folder. At this point select the icon and 5. click "Open," then "Okay," then "Apply," and finally "Okay." You should then have a nice and snazy Star Wars icon.

coldskier0320
4 October 2005, 10:25 AM
Okay, I know the prblem I was facing now. You can't change icons in your USB drive apparently in XP Pro. Grrr...well, my hard drive versions of all my sw files are looking great! Thanks cheshire! :D Hope to see more!

The d20 is the same color as mine! :D

cheshire
6 October 2005, 07:17 AM
Most of the icons I did this time around are more focused around RPG utilities and such (Star Wars PDFs, and dice rollers for example). But I did get a really nice one of Thrawn in there. I'll continue to work on more explicity Star Wars oriented chracters and equipment.

Oh, I'm sorry the datapad looks like crap. That one is a work in progress.

Uron Teff
6 October 2005, 07:32 AM
Nice work!
The third Thrawn is my favorite (thrawn_48).
Thank you. You're fueling my SW obsession.;)