PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Tempest Squadron Part Zwei

Pages : [1] 2 3

Drendar Morevo
3 October 2005, 07:54 AM
This is Just Part Zwei, nothing new. Will have an updated pilot roster and a number of other improvements. Expect EDITs soon.

Promotions I believe are in order
For Dutiful Service
-Flight Officer Crix will be promoted to Lieutennant
-Flight Officer Indayce will be promoted to Lieutennant
-Flight Oficer Zeelas will be promoted to Lieutennant

For reasons of insanity.
-Captain DuQuennes will be promoted to Commander

Tempest Squadron Roster
Tempest Leader: Cap. Calo Stennic Rostek, (Cold)
Tempest 2: FO Miqo Savronela, darkforcerising (?)
Tempest 3: Lt. Crix, Norseman (niner)
Tempest 4: FO Sei Takaris, LordSei (?)

Tempest 5: FO Jace Varen, Stormrider (Shatter)
Tempest 6: Lt. Terent "Six" Indayce, Cold (Jane)
Tempest 7: FO Dees'Yah, boccelounge (Annie)
Tempest 8: Lt. Morec Bitrok, Mack Jace(?)

Tempest 9: Lt. Zarya Zeelas, Ris (Smartie)
Tempest 10: FO Ja'Ma Lemek, olineisfine (Combs)
Tempest 11: Lt. Vooko Zeelas, Vanger Chevane (Smoothie)
Tempest 12: FO Patrick 'Priest' Vallon, Uron Teff (Abe)

Charging Bantha Squadron Roster
Bantha Lead = Commander Ashford DuQuennes, Ash (?)
Bantha 2: NPC
Bantha 3: NPC
Bantha 4: NPC

Bantha 5: OPEN
Bantha 6: NPC
Bantha 7: NPC
Bantha 8: NPC

Bantha 9: Forgotten, Fallenjedi (?)
Bantha 10: NPC
Bantha 11: NPC
Bantha 12: NPC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For missiles you only need to succede in an attack roll, no locking rolls.

X-Wing/Y-Wing Starfighter Ace

Prerequisites.
-New Republic or Rebel Alliance Starfighter Pilot.
-Level 2
-BAB +3
-Dexterity 15
-5 ATA Kills

Bonuses.

Craft Familiarity.
When Flying craft of choice you gain +2 to defense and +2 to Attack Bonus with onboard weapons. You also gain a +1 resistance to Ion Attacks.

Fantastic Dodge.
Once a mission your pilot may avoid any one attack (unless the attack is a critical) made on them in a round. The choice of the attack will be made at the beggining of the round Meaning you make a called avoid against an attack from a called ship.

Special Feat Specific to X-Wing
Fire-Forget-Hit
Once a mission your ship can fire a missile attack and get a hit automatically regardless of targets defense for full damage (in torpedoes 10d10x2 meaning a possible 200 damage). DR applies at 1.75 (rounded down) times normal strength though for attacked ships.

Special Feat Specific to Y-Wing.
Tri-Weapon-Shot
Once a mission a Y-Wing may use all three of its paired weapons as if they were a linked system at no penalty. Damage stacks. (Torp Damage + Laser Damage + Ionization Damage).

The following can be taken as bonus feats at 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th level Starship Point-Blank Shot, Gunner, Expert Gunner, Rapid Gunner, Pinpoint Accuracy, and Maneuver Expertise.

One Penalty of this PrC, all attack bonuses gained in this PrC only apply to starship weapons. When not in a starship all attack bonuses are reduxed to base for starting class.

Level Breakdown... gah... need my books. And how am I supposed to do a TABLE on this thing...

I can however give you stats on the First and Second Level Ace.

1d8 Vitality per level

1st Level
Save Bonuses
-Ref +3
-Fort +2
-Will +2
Defense Bonus +2
AtkBonus +3 with starship weapons
Bonus Feat

2nd Level
Saving bonuses
Ref +3
Fort +3
Will +2
Def Bonus +3
Atk Bonus +4 with starship weapons

3 Missions gets a level up.

Total Kills
5 = Level Up
10 = Level Up
20 = Level Up
40 = Level Up
60 = Level Up

IC: Tempest Squadron (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18145)

OOC: Starfighter Squadron (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18131)

Rostek
3 October 2005, 12:21 PM
Alright- I've kept a running tally of one flight's escapades (except for four- he's a bit hard to follow, especially with his absences)

Lt (nee FO) Ralter has Six Air to Air Kills, and one ATAT killed (his R2 is Niner, IIRC)
FO K'zk has had Five Air to Air Kills and one ATAT killed (his R2 is Essix, and I would like to note that I was playing him whilst he got his kills ;))
Captain Stennic has (I think) Nine kills (13 non-game total) Air to Air and one ATAT kill.

coldskier0320
3 October 2005, 12:51 PM
Indayce has, methinks, 6 ATA kills plus a single AT-AT, while with the squadron (he has a lot of kills with a TIE).

Vanger Chevane
3 October 2005, 01:12 PM
Vooko's at 7, IIRC Zarya's at 7 & 1/2.

BTW Drendar, the IC's now at 503, there a new one somewhere I'm not aware of?

coldskier0320
3 October 2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
Vanger's at 7, IIRC Zarya's at 7 & 1/2.

Vooko's at 7 too, I believe. ;)

Mack Jace
3 October 2005, 02:55 PM
Hmm. I believe I've come down with the same thing as you Drend. If I remember correctly, I have at least two maybe three TIE kills, and one AT-AT kill.

Ris
3 October 2005, 05:03 PM
VC, it's been suggested in the old OOC that IC Part Zwei will start with the debrief.

Dren, shouldn't Vooko be getting a promotion too? All his kills are since play began.

Rostek
3 October 2005, 05:36 PM
He'll be leveling (at least once), just like me- and in order to promote him, GM would have to promote me, and since I made captain less that a couple weeks ago game time... such a thing may be a bit premature.
Still, as XO, Vooko still has seniority and whatnot over the rest of you lot (;)), as Korto and Morec still have seniority over you new El-Tees.

Drendar Morevo
3 October 2005, 05:54 PM
Yeah, Vooko's captaincy will have to wait till our esteemed Captain gets himself promoted to the next command rank... Commander.

Kz'k will not be recieving a promotion dut to the fact that he is NPC, though his stats will level up naturally.

PsychoInfiltrator
4 October 2005, 01:30 PM
Kills: 2 ATATs, 1 damaged

Pre Mission, IC ATA: 1 TIE, 2 Squinjts.

This mission: I'll count after supper.

Rostek
4 October 2005, 01:59 PM
By my count, Psych. you've got Nine kills total ATA, and you killed One ATAT and damaged another.

(That thread is getting convoluted :D)

EDIT: And, btw, Calo was a "story" ace after the first mission with I believe 4 confirmed kills with the Alliance previous to his taking command of Tempest (obviously, those kills don't count on the XP board, but there's no need to celebrate Calo's ascension).

PsychoInfiltrator
4 October 2005, 02:32 PM
I just went through page-by-page Rostek, to make sure.

ATATs: 2 killed, 1 damaged.

ATA: 5 TIEs killed, 1 probable. 2 YTIEs killed.

For at total of:

2 ground kills, 1 damaged.
10 ATA kills, 1 probable.

(Overall Breakdown: 2 ATATs dead, 1 damaged, 6 TIEs dead, one probable, 2 Squints dead, 2 YTIEs dead)

Storywise, Pre-Tempest Korto also has 3 bombers, 1 disabled transport.

Rostek
4 October 2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
I just went through page-by-page Rostek, to make sure.

ATATs: 2 killed, 1 damaged.

ATA: 5 TIEs killed, 1 probable. 2 YTIEs killed.

For at total of:

2 ground kills, 1 damaged.
10 ATA kills, 1 probable.

(Overall Breakdown: 2 ATATs dead, 1 damaged, 6 TIEs dead, one probable, 2 Squints dead, 2 YTIEs dead)

Storywise, Pre-Tempest Korto also has 3 bombers, 1 disabled transport.

Only 5 ATA this mission- 2 Uglies, 3 TIEs (1 probable).
One of your missile pairs from the first combat round missed, as TIE defense is 24 base + at least 2 for speed (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230361#post230361).

As for the ATATs? No, technically, you only have two damaged and (as I understand the current rulings), one Kill which is of currently dubious legality.- this (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=234702#post234702), as I understand things, was not a legal move (nor is it now), and this (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=235794#post235794) failed to kill the walker.

Rostek
4 October 2005, 03:25 PM
...And upon further review, one of those Uglies I shot down was only a probable- I left it with 2 hp left, so he's only a 'probable' unless GM rolls on the damage chart table or somesuch and/or rules that he crashed. Not holding my breath, so I have 8 confirmed, one probable in total Air to Air.

PsychoInfiltrator
4 October 2005, 03:36 PM
I'll go review the first round, but Drend seemed to think it got hit, and nobody complained then. (Honestly, if we went back and added up everything we'd find about half the stuff, especially torpedoes and shield healing, was done wrong, though most of it was admitted to, but allowed to pass.)

The probable is the one Ten and Korto ganged up on, two TIEs were from the dualfire, I had 3 rounds of combat against the ATATs (both torps hit the same target, shredded another one with good laser rolls, then bad laser rolls damaged another, my third round attack occurred before you ordered us up, reread the dialogue to see how that was handled), and I also killed another TIE in the atmosphere.

As An Aside:
How come I'm the one who always gets audited and forced to do everything in minutae and explain everything? Its like a hold-over from The Great Disagreement way back when D_Meane was here.

Rostek
4 October 2005, 03:52 PM
I'll go review the first round, but Drend seemed to think it got hit, and nobody complained then. (Honestly, if we went back and added up everything we'd find about half the stuff, especially torpedoes and shield healing, was done wrong, though most of it was admitted to, but allowed to pass.)

The probable is the one Ten and Korto ganged up on, two TIEs were from the dualfire, I had 3 rounds of combat against the ATATs (both torps hit the same target, shredded another one with good laser rolls, then bad laser rolls damaged another, my third round attack occurred before you ordered us up, reread the dialogue to see how that was handled), and I also killed another TIE in the atmosphere.

As An Aside:
How come I'm the one who always gets audited and forced to do everything in minutae and explain everything? Its like a hold-over from The Great Disagreement way back when D_Meane was here.

But we did note it previously- and Drendar only awarded you one kill (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230708#post230708) for the attack(s)
I don't believe that the individual fire of torpedoes was grandfathered back like dualfiring lasers- cold, who tried the same thing, simply changed his to a dual shot since we didn't get a confirmed ruling.
The second round attack on the ATAT failed to kill it- it has DR 15, which means you only did 164 damage. And I did attribute that third round ATAT to you as damaged as well.
If we could get a ruling from Drend about whether or not we grandfather that first round kill into things, or perhaps to simplify things, we say that you attacked the first round walker in the third round and finished it off?

And to the aside, I don't know precisely why- Korto comes off as pretty "kill-crazy" (whether he is or not), and perhaps leads me to subconsciously look more closely at the numbers than I do with others when I tried to do an account of everyone's stuff.

Ash DuQuennes
4 October 2005, 05:00 PM
By my count (pending final approval by Drendar):

Bantha 1: CEC Corvette, Carrack Cruiser, TIE Bomber, Golan III, Ion Cannon Emplacement, Turbolaser Emplacement (x2), Ugly (x3), Tractor Beam Emplacement, 1 AT-AT

Bantha 2: CEC Corvette, Carrack Cruiser, TIE Bomber, Golan III, Ion Cannon Emplacement, Turbolaser Emplacement (x2), Ugly (x3), Tractor Beam Emplacement, 1 AT-AT

Bantha 3: CEC Corvette, Carrack Cruiser, TIE Bomber, Golan III, Ion Cannon Emplacement, Turbolaser Emplacement (x2),Ugly (x3), Tractor Beam Emplacement, 1 AT-AT

Bantha 4: CEC Corvette, Carrack Cruiser, TIE Bomber, Golan III, Ion Cannon Emplacement, Turbolaser Emplacement (x2), Ugly (x3), Tractor Beam Emplacement, 1 AT-AT

Bantha 5: CEC Corvette, Carrack Cruiser, TIE Bomber, Golan III, Ion Cannon Emplacement, Turbolaser Emplacement (x2),Ugly (x2), 1 AT-AT

Bantha 6: CEC Corvette, Carrack Cruiser, TIE Bomber, Golan III, Ion Cannon Emplacement, Turbolaser Emplacement (x2),Ugly (x2), 1 AT-AT

Bantha 7: CEC Corvette, Carrack Cruiser, TIE Bomber, Golan III, Ion Cannon Emplacement, Turbolaser Emplacement (x2),Ugly (x2), 1 AT-AT

Bantha 8: CEC Corvette, Carrack Cruiser, TIE Bomber, Golan III, Ion Cannon Emplacement, Turbolaser Emplacement (x2),Ugly (x2), 1 AT-AT

Bantha 9: Carrack Cruiser, Golan III, Ion Cannon Emplacement, Turbolaser Emplacement, 1 AT-AT

Bantha 10: CEC Corvette, Carrack Cruiser, Ion Cannon Emplacement, Turbolaser Emplacement, 1 AT-AT

Bantha 11: CEC Corvette, Carrack Cruiser, Ion Cannon Emplacement, Turbolaser Emplacement, 1 AT-AT

Bantha 12: CEC Corvette, Carrack Cruiser, Ion Cannon Emplacement, Turbolaser Emplacement, 1 AT-AT

coldskier0320
4 October 2005, 05:53 PM

Put quite simply, you worry more about numbers than the rest of us, so people tend to worry more about your numbers than anyone else's. It does indeed go back to the beginnings of the game, and it stems from the individuality pie. That is, the more player characters in a given party, the more each player is asked to "mesh" with the rest and be willing to take a backseat in general to the interests of the group as a whole. This group, particularly, is hypersensitive to this effect, as both a military and an exceedingly, abnormally large group. Thus when and player/character bucks against the concept, they tend to get noticed. You, my friend, are simply experiencing the 'notice' of having an individualistic character who seems to be always the odd man out...but that's what you wanted, wasn't it? :)

No Worries,

Cold

Rostek
4 October 2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by coldskier0320
That is, the more player characters in a given party, the more each player is asked to "mesh" with the rest and be willing to take a backseat in general to the interests of the group as a whole.

Quoted for truth.

That pretty much sums up that feeling which I've never been able to quantify about large groups of players... there's more of an "army" mentality.
That's why I generally prefer small groups (3-5) of players, but perhaps playing 2 or more characters (Leadership feat- offline, I can only play D&D :sigh: And no big groups around anyway).

boccelounge
4 October 2005, 06:24 PM
Dees'Yah (Tempest 7) has... let me double-check this... yep: zero kills.

Just checking in.

Norseman
5 October 2005, 01:05 PM
Lead's count of my kills seems to be accurate- congrats everyone on a job well done!

PsychoInfiltrator
5 October 2005, 04:32 PM
As I recall, if you read the stuff in order, I redid the locks with the proper rules with Drend's permission AFTER the kill list for that round was given. I might be wrong, but please bring quote and post number if anyone decides to continue this relatively minor issue.

As for the ATATs, I'm fine with using the third round's blasts to kill the second round's ATAT or whatever that suggestion was, leaving Korto with two killed ATATs, none damaged.

And to the aside, I don't know precisely why- Korto comes off as pretty "kill-crazy" (whether he is or not), and perhaps leads me to subconsciously look more closely at the numbers than I do with others when I tried to do an account of everyone's stuff.

He does have a slightly higher priority for kills than most, with many reasons. Because kills seems to be the only way o subconsciously level up, I subconsciously think abit more about that. The IC reasons are numerous as well. He is a former pirate. He thinks like a merc. Kills is prestige, power, and pay. Even in Tempest, Korto feels undervalued, downplayed, unappreciated, and rejected seemingly because he was a merc, so he does whatever he can to gain respect.
(All of this is from Korto's point of view, BTW.)
He'll never get respect for following orders to the letter, his Lead stole anychance he had for earing respect for leadership, which leaves only raw talent, much experience and lethal skill. He has those, and he has been doing what he can to earn respect that way.

Put quite simply, you worry more about numbers than the rest of us, so people tend to worry more about your numbers than anyone else's. It does indeed go back to the beginnings of the game, and it stems from the individuality pie. That is, the more player characters in a given party, the more each player is asked to "mesh" with the rest and be willing to take a backseat in general to the interests of the group as a whole. This group, particularly, is hypersensitive to this effect, as both a military and an exceedingly, abnormally large group. Thus when and player/character bucks against the concept, they tend to get noticed. You, my friend, are simply experiencing the 'notice' of having an individualistic character who seems to be always the odd man out...but that's what you wanted, wasn't it?

Actually, I don't care for numbers all that much. Excepting the issue discussed above. I mean, I'm doing Math a grade ahead, and its one of my fav subjucts, but when it comes to roleplaying, the only numbers I care about at all are really good ones and really bad ones. How many guys on my side, how many on theirs. What is the chance of survival? Do I have enough defense to ignore everyone around me and take out that ATST? That's about it. And I'll usually take out the ATST anyways, stay and fight anyways, and forget about how many targets/allies there are anyways, regardless.

I wanted an individualistic character, I got one, but 'I don't got the only one'. Look around. Some of the depth and individuality of these characters would be more evident of their palyers post rates were higher, but I am by far not the only one with a theoretical (at least) stand out character in this campaign.

To be very honest, and while Korto holds grudges, I don't,
Korto's personality and abuilities would be seen in a much better light and he would be employeed much better in charge of something he wants to be in charge of.

Excepting 5, he's the most senior of the Lts, but on most everyone's list he ranks in low among the FOs for respect. He's an unhappy character in a bad situation that probably would have been much better if I hadn't been pretty much a newby when I joined and hadn't gone on vacation for the first battle.

And rank-wise, with all the new Lts, he'll be nothing special command wise unless he gets something.

Back to character concepts, he was created as a capable flight leader. Now he's a normal pilot, with nothing respectable but his kill list. And at this rate, not even.

Rostek
5 October 2005, 05:00 PM
As I recall, if you read the stuff in order, I redid the locks with the proper rules with Drend's permission AFTER the kill list for that round was given. I might be wrong, but please bring quote and post number if anyone decides to continue this relatively minor issue.

As for the ATATs, I'm fine with using the third round's blasts to kill the second round's ATAT or whatever that suggestion was, leaving Korto with two killed ATATs, none damaged.
You'll note I did link the posts in question. It wasn't a question of whether you did the locks properly (you did), it's just that one of the locks failed (and, actually, technically, you only would have fired off two torps that round if your second lock failed- I'll go fix that IC ;)).

He does have a slightly higher priority for kills than most, with many reasons. Because kills seems to be the only way o subconsciously level up, I subconsciously think abit more about that. The IC reasons are numerous as well. He is a former pirate. He thinks like a merc. Kills is prestige, power, and pay. Even in Tempest, Korto feels undervalued, downplayed, unappreciated, and rejected seemingly because he was a merc, so he does whatever he can to gain respect.
(All of this is from Korto's point of view, BTW.)
He'll never get respect for following orders to the letter, his Lead stole anychance he had for earing respect for leadership, which leaves only raw talent, much experience and lethal skill. He has those, and he has been doing what he can to earn respect that way.

Okay, that's what I thought- and it makes sense from an IC perspective. With that said, I've explained why I have a tendancy to look more closely at the numbers- I've got a bit of a compulsion with Korto for some reason, since IC Calo doesn't entirely trust him (though enough to watch his back in a fight, and definatly trusts his skill).

Actually, I don't care for numbers all that much. Excepting the issue discussed above. I mean, I'm doing Math a grade ahead, and its one of my fav subjucts, but when it comes to roleplaying, the only numbers I care about at all are really good ones and really bad ones. How many guys on my side, how many on theirs. What is the chance of survival? Do I have enough defense to ignore everyone around me and take out that ATST? That's about it. And I'll usually take out the ATST anyways, stay and fight anyways, and forget about how many targets/allies there are anyways, regardless.

I wanted an individualistic character, I got one, but 'I don't got the only one'. Look around. Some of the depth and individuality of these characters would be more evident of their palyers post rates were higher, but I am by far not the only one with a theoretical (at least) stand out character in this campaign.

To be very honest, and while Korto holds grudges, I don't,
Korto's personality and abuilities would be seen in a much better light and he would be employeed much better in charge of something he wants to be in charge of.

See, this is where I don't particularly agree- Korto's personality doesn't seem very conducive to command. While he's exceedingly good at what he does, (and this is directly inferred from the background) he doesn't seem to care much for his pilots as people (the background thing sure doesn't help that perspective), and whether they live or die outside of it's effect on him. Further, he's kind of prickly and perhaps a little aloof, which is great RP, but it doesn't suit a style of command Calo feels comfortable with. Lead by example is great- but you've also got to lead by encouragement and lead by personality.

Excepting 5, he's the most senior of the Lts, but on most everyone's list he ranks in low among the FOs for respect. He's an unhappy character in a bad situation that probably would have been much better if I hadn't been pretty much a newby when I joined and hadn't gone on vacation for the first battle.

And rank-wise, with all the new Lts, he'll be nothing special command wise unless he gets something.

Back to character concepts, he was created as a capable flight leader. Now he's a normal pilot, with nothing respectable but his kill list. And at this rate, not even.

Well... not technically true on both counts (and I think you're overstating the last point: he's still tied for first in ATA kills and first in total kills, I believe ;)).
Since the reorganization, he's third lieutenant- and will remain so for the foreseeable future (unless Me, Vang or Mack should leave or their characters die or seriously fark up). As far as seniority, I think it was a bit... well, odd to have him as second most senior given his limited time in the NR military in the first place. Pilot skill is only one of the important traits a good flight leader has, and Korto's skill set is either too undocumented or to... uncomfortable for Calo's standards (IC- he's very conservative in his assignments, he doesn't want to take a huge gamble on someone so precievedly unreliable so early in his first command).
And... well, you're probably right about it being better to be a veteran poster when it comes to respect and whatnot- I've gamed with Vanger and Ris for well over a year and I've had nice experiances with cold in a couple defunct games, and with N-man (face to face D&D), and with Ash in general discussion and the now departed Gyp and red in various games.
So... I'm sorry, it's just one of those trust things- I trusted most of the others because I am experanced with their style enough to be confident of the quality of their characters. I didn't have that comfort level with you at the time, although I now know that you're characters are on the whole, well played and well concieved (if occationally problematic IC :P, but then that's part of the fun),

Overall, some very valid points and concerns, though I think you may underestimate you're importance to the squadron :)

PsychoInfiltrator
5 October 2005, 05:18 PM
You'll note I did link the posts in question. It wasn't a question of whether you did the locks properly (you did), it's just that one of the locks failed (and, actually, technically, you only would have fired off two torps that round if your second lock failed- I'll go fix that IC ).

I noticed the IC change before I even read your post. I was busy writing Korto's landing post.

Okay, that's what I thought- and it makes sense from an IC perspective. With that said, I've explained why I have a tendancy to look more closely at the numbers- I've got a bit of a compulsion with Korto for some reason, since IC Calo doesn't entirely trust him (though enough to watch his back in a fight, and definatly trusts his skill).

That last part-I think I believe you now. And I really wasn't expecting Vooko's nomination or Calo's (essentially) seconding it. But I'm glad ad it makes sense.

See, this is where I don't particularly agree- Korto's personality doesn't seem very conducive to command. While he's exceedingly good at what he does, (and this is directly inferred from the background) he doesn't seem to care much for his pilots as people (the background thing sure doesn't help that perspective), and whether they live or die outside of it's effect on him. Further, he's kind of prickly and perhaps a little aloof, which is great RP, but it doesn't suit a style of command Calo feels comfortable with. Lead by example is great- but you've also got to lead by encouragement and lead by personality.

Well, here's my mistake. In my background I didn't stress enouigh (even at all) the fact that he didn't want command of that unit, it was thrust upon him. He didn't like the leadership (new, due to mortality rate), and he probably would have left soon anyway. Korto leads well when he doesn't dislike/hate those who lead him.

I think that both I and Korto have demonmstrated his ccaring about tempest (and Bone) pilots, because he wanted to be in this position and at least to a point he feels part of the unit, if a part nearer to the edge than either he (or I, to al lesser degree) would like.

Well... not technically true on both counts (and I think you're overstating the last point: he's still tied for first in ATA kills and first in total kills, I believe ).

Since the reorganization, he's third lieutenant- and will remain so for the foreseeable future (unless Me, Vang or Mack should leave or their characters die or seriously fark up). As far as seniority, I think it was a bit... well, odd to have him as second most senior given his limited time in the NR military in the first place. Pilot skill is only one of the important traits a good flight leader has, and Korto's skill set is either too undocumented or to... uncomfortable for Calo's standards (IC- he's very conservative in his assignments, he doesn't want to take a huge gamble on someone so precievedly unreliable so early in his first command).
And... well, you're probably right about it being better to be a veteran poster when it comes to respect and whatnot- I've gamed with Vanger and Ris for well over a year and I've had nice experiances with cold in a couple defunct games, and with N-man (face to face D&D), and with Ash in general discussion and the now departed Gyp and red in various games.
So... I'm sorry, it's just one of those trust things- I trusted most of the others because I am experanced with their style enough to be confident of the quality of their characters. I didn't have that comfort level with you at the time, although I now know that you're characters are on the whole, well played and well concieved (if occationally problematic IC , but then that's part of the fun),

I appreciate your honesty and believe that I may have doen somethign similar if I were in your position. As for it being odd, I/Korto attributed it and designed Korto for it in the form of the NR gives good rank to good pilots. And Korto, is good.
And I hope you are right about the kills, though I was really hoping Korto would remain ahead in ATA. Nonetheless, it leads into my next point. Sort of.

Overall, some very valid points and concerns, though I think you may underestimate you're importance to the squadron
You mean other than in kills? We shall see, though I hope so.

Korto has landed.

coldskier0320
5 October 2005, 06:13 PM
Just for what its worth, and take it at face value of course:

Terent is (very) recently ex-Imperial. His TIE squadron (yes, he was a squadron leader) was captured in an engagement, and he led it in defecting to the New Republic. Since then, he's volunteered for the starfighter corps, and has been sent to Tempest. Total time from defection to present? A litle over three months. Would he have been a capable leader? Almost certainly, doeshe expect to lead? Absolutely not. He realizes that coming straight from the Imperials isn't exactly resumee material anymore (during the OT, defectors were prized). He's just glad he's being treated with anything other than hostility and suspicion. He knows that the best way to advance is to get along with people, do your job well, and to emulate the people who ARE getting the promotions and leadership. He's also perfectly content to do whatever the squadron needs him to do...for the good of the squadron. After all, you don't get along in an X squadron, you deal with threats on your own, you have a weaker squadron as a whole. You don't get along in a TIE squadron, you die.

Vanger Chevane
6 October 2005, 01:52 PM
BTW Rostek, nobody really know's Calo's choice for XO.

Vooko arrived as mostly an outsider to the squadron, and #5 & 2 Flight Lead normally goes to the XO.

He's just doing the best he can for his ppl, which may merit the job, but who is Five (and presumably XO) at the moment?

Though the Irony of Wes pulling XO as Wraith 11 isn't lost on me either. ;)

Rostek
6 October 2005, 02:07 PM
BTW Rostek, nobody really know's Calo's choice for XO.

Vooko arrived as mostly an outsider to the squadron, and #5 & 2 Flight Lead normally goes to the XO.

He's just doing the best he can for his ppl, which may merit the job, but who is Five (and presumably XO) at the moment?

Though the Irony of Wes pulling XO as Wraith 11 isn't lost on me either. ;)

Fair point, 'twill be officially announced then-
Master GM- let us say Calo put in the paperwork officially the other day and it could be officially noted at the debrief with the other news ;)
As for Five- he is the Second Lieutenant of the squadron (Squadron Ops officer or somesuch is the task IIRC) if he's cool with that, as awell as Two Flight's boss.
Although, that said, I would like to point out that this being a new squadron, everyone's an outsider :D
Antilles, incidently, often had his XO in Three Flight (Aril Nunb when Tycho was "indesposed" was 11 (or 12) IIRC, as was the aforementioned Janson in Wraith), so it's not necessarily a cut and dry thing I gather.

Mack Jace
6 October 2005, 02:51 PM
Well, seeing as how Morec is Five, I presume that that would make him the XO. BTW, what does a
Squadron Ops officer or somesuch actually do?

Rostek
6 October 2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Mack Jace
Well, seeing as how Morec is Five, I presume that that would make him the XO. BTW, what does a Squadron Operations Officer actually do?

I presume they get delegated tasks from the CO or XO, like ensuring proper maintenance is scheduled, ensuring the requisition of missile weapons and blaster gas for weapons, fuel, making lists for who will be in Scramble watch, mandatory simulator work scheduling, relaying complaints/comments to other departments or squadrons (though I'll generally be taking this role), etc.
Probably the XO will take his choice of technical or personel related tasks and the Ops officer gets the rest- though perhaps only thee or four of the aforementioned tasks. I'm not entirely sure, I've just heard the title somewhere (it might be from Black Fleet Crisis or something which isn't entirely kosher with structure for the rest of the EU Republic military, I can' t recall).

PsychoInfiltrator
6 October 2005, 04:37 PM
XOs are also generally good pilots and good leaders. They train other pilots in the sims. An XO outclassed in the sims by other pilots would be bad indeed.
XOs mainly focus on lower-skilled pilots, but in the sims an XO is supposed to be one of the pilots who is a challenge ot the experienced, like the Squadron Commander. Rarely is a lower-skill XO chosen, and only when they have a great deal of leadership capability.

Remembering as certain Sullastan, it also seems that XOs will only ever be pilots who learned flight, not those born with it, so that they can better teach the others.

Drendar Morevo
6 October 2005, 06:32 PM
My recommendation, not to take away from you mack, would be to make Vanger the XO. Simply because he has a higher activity rate in thread.

I think all active players have landed. The old IC thread is offically DEFUNCT.

Ash DuQuennes
6 October 2005, 07:08 PM
A CO is, of course, the executive decision maker of a military unit.

From my experience in the Army, an XO (Executive Officer) acts as not only second-in-command, but as a sort of "chief-of-staff." The XO is the locus of handling all of the unit's minutia; the "million-and-one" details which must be seen to and squared away for a unit to perform effectively.

A unit's staff consists of the following officers (note: these are Army designations)

S1: the Adjutant, is the unit's personnel officer, assigned with the task of filling the unit's various job slots with the most qualified person for the job, and handling all personnel-related matters (pay issues, transfers, promotions, etc.)

S2: Intelligence officer, tasked with collating and assessing from Intelligence reports the necessary data the unit needs to plan and execute it's assigned missions (assigned from higher, through the unit CO), also gathers raw intellignece from the battlefield, and passes it up "higher" to MI units for analysis. Also incharge of collating meteorological reports, as in,

"Lieutenant Marstall, did you say 3 to 5 inches of rain, or 35 inches of rain?"

- Lieutenant Colonel Mike Parker, CO
1st Battalion, 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division
13 January, 1991, Saudi Arabia

S3: Operations Officer, tasked with making the CO's "intent" a practical reality by devising training and operations plans. The tactical alter-ego of the CO.

S4: Supply & Logistics Officer, tasked with requisitioning any material need a unit requires to perform its task, ensuring it's available in sufficient quantity, and seeing to its timely and efficient distribution. Also in charge of most of a unit's maintenance assets.

While I'll again remind folks that these are (U.S.) Army designations, most other branches have very similar equivalents, even if they go by different titles, or if the "breakdown" of the taskings are slightly different.

At Division level or higher, there will probably be a dedicated Chief-of-Staff, separate from the XO (more often titled "Deputy Division Commander"). The staff positions of Division level units or higher are prefaced with a "G" instead of an "S."

While we are by no means confined to following these conventions, they should provide some useful insight into even a fighter squadron's breakdown of "taskings."

Rostek
6 October 2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Ash DuQuennes
A CO is, of course, the executive decision maker of a military unit.

From my experience in the Army, an XO (Executive Officer) acts as not only second-in-command, but as a sort of "chief-of-staff." The XO is the locus of handling all of the unit's minutia; the "million-and-one" details which must be seen to and squared away for a unit to perform effectively.

A unit's staff consists of the following officers (note: these are Army designations)

S1: the Adjutant, is the unit's personnel officer, assigned with the task of filling the unit's various job slots with the most qualified person for the job, and handling all personnel-related matters (pay issues, transfers, promotions, etc.)

S2: Intelligence officer, tasked with collating and assessing from Intelligence reports the necessary data the unit needs to plan and execute it's assigned missions (assigned from higher, through the unit CO), also gathers raw intellignece from the battlefield, and passes it up "higher" to MI units for analysis. Also incharge of collating meteorological reports, as in,

S3: Operations Officer, tasked with making the CO's "intent" a practical reality by devising training and operations plans. The tactical alter-ego of the CO.

S4: Supply & Logistics Officer, tasked with requisitioning any material need a unit requires to perform its task, ensuring it's available in sufficient quantity, and seeing to its timely and efficient distribution. Also in charge of most of a unit's maintenance assets.

While I'll again remind folks that these are (U.S.) Army designations, most other branches have very similar equivalents, even if they go by different titles, or if the "breakdown" of the taskings are slightly different.

At Division level or higher, there will probably be a dedicated Chief-of-Staff, separate from the XO (more often titled "Deputy Division Commander"). The staff positions of Division level units or higher are prefaced with a "G" instead of an "S."

While we are by no means confined to following these conventions, they should provide some useful insight into even a fighter squadron's breakdown of "taskings."

That's kind of what I was going for- though elimiating Intel and the supply side of Logistics (since that's Fleet's job), with the XO as S1 and SOO as S3.

Ash DuQuennes
6 October 2005, 08:45 PM
True. A Fighter squadron has, in my mind, more in common with, say, a tank company (as far as "structure" is concerned). A single squadron wouldn't have the "staff" positions outlined above; that'd probably begin at Wing level.

At our "squadron" level, I can see:

CO
XO (acts more as Maintenance Officer)

One dedicated, low-level Tech per fighter (astromechs assist)
One dedicated mid-level Tech per Flight
One dedicated high-level Tech per Squadron, also acts as unit's top NCO.

And "additional duty assignments" (operations officer, training officer, personnel officer, etc) are more than likely to be "training assignments" for lower-ranked officer to learn squadron command aspects, and just maybe take some of the workload off of the CO & XO.

Rostek
6 October 2005, 08:59 PM
True. A Fighter squadron has, in my mind, more in common with, say, a tank company (as far as "structure" is concerned). A single squadron wouldn't have the "staff" positions outlined above; that'd probably begin at Wing level.

At our "squadron" level, I can see:

CO
XO (acts more as Maintenance Officer)

One dedicated, low-level Tech per fighter (astromechs assist)
One dedicated mid-level Tech per Flight
One dedicated high-level Tech per Squadron, also acts as unit's top NCO.

And "additional duty assignments" (operations officer, training officer, personnel officer, etc) are more than likely to be "training assignments" for lower-ranked officer to learn squadron command aspects, and just maybe take some of the workload off of the CO & XO.

Exactly- Morec and (more eventually) Korto will be given that kind of responibilty as time goes on, with them being the senior non-command Lieutenants. Ops is the first thing I thought of... perhaps I could assign Korto as "training" officer, to schedule sim time for the squad and individuals, and select scenarios for, and even fly against individuals or flights. That seems much more up his alley than personel officer or ops (given his recent experiance with the tech team :P).

coldskier0320
6 October 2005, 09:09 PM
::raises hand::

Uh, Terent'd like to volunteer to help the training officer, whoever he or she may turn out to be, with training sims. As an ex-Imp, he's had plenty of experience with TIEs and their tactics, and would, I think, be a valuable asset to any fighter group expecting to go up against TIEs. That said, I (Cold), will take appropriate action in game to reflect this, fear not. Also, we'd talked before this last mission (we being the party crew: myself, vang, ris...), about some custom training sims. I'd like to get those started as well. :)

Congrats to Ash!!! :D:D:D

Rostek
6 October 2005, 09:18 PM

Uh, Terent'd like to volunteer to help the training officer, whoever he or she may turn out to be, with training sims. As an ex-Imp, he's had plenty of experience with TIEs and their tactics, and would, I think, be a valuable asset to any fighter group expecting to go up against TIEs. That said, I (Cold), will take appropriate action in game to reflect this, fear not. Also, we'd talked before this last mission (we being the party crew: myself, vang, ris...), about some custom training sims. I'd like to get those started as well. :)

Congrats to Ash!!! :D:D:D

Duly noted and considered.

Drendar Morevo
7 October 2005, 02:26 PM
Ironically, Korto was among the first to start clapping.

Dear lord, I think that was a character shift!

PsychoInfiltrator
7 October 2005, 02:34 PM
Exactly- Morec and (more eventually) Korto will be given that kind of responibilty as time goes on, with them being the senior non-command Lieutenants. Ops is the first thing I thought of... perhaps I could assign Korto as "training" officer, to schedule sim time for the squad and individuals, and select scenarios for, and even fly against individuals or flights. That seems much more up his alley than personel officer or ops (given his recent experiance with the tech team ).

I was actually surprised that no pilot as of yet heard his outburst. It was designed as an optional window into Korto's personality and past.

Uh, Terent'd like to volunteer to help the training officer, whoever he or she may turn out to be, with training sims. As an ex-Imp, he's had plenty of experience with TIEs and their tactics, and would, I think, be a valuable asset to any fighter group expecting to go up against TIEs. That said, I (Cold), will take appropriate action in game to reflect this, fear not. Also, we'd talked before this last mission (we being the party crew: myself, vang, ris...), about some custom training sims. I'd like to get those started as well.

If Korto becomes in charge of sim stuff, one of the first things he'll do is schedule Terent in a TIE of his choice vs Korto in an X. Several times.

There will also be the inevitable Flight stick Flight tourney, as well as the top 4 kill scorers stick all other Tempests, and Korto will definately arrange a Tempest stick Bantha mass melee.

But that's if korto gets the job. Which he really wouldn't mind, and would probably allow him to showcase other talents of his, other than killing.

Dear lord, I think that was a character shift!

No, merely the normal 'respect for those who reallly deserve it' response form him. That and I was the first to respond. ;)

LordSei
7 October 2005, 02:44 PM
sorry for not being on in like forever but ive been having really serious computer problems, and since i missed so much you can replace me. Also fallen has been having computer probs too but i dont know if he wants to stop playing:(

Drendar Morevo
7 October 2005, 03:18 PM
No need as long as you two can still play. Though I must say I was concerned, you were both gone for a VERY long time.

PsychoInfiltrator
7 October 2005, 03:25 PM
Drend, is it Mor-ee-voe or More-voe?

Drendar Morevo
8 October 2005, 07:28 AM
It's pronounced More-eh-voh

Rostek
8 October 2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Drendar Morevo
It's pronounced More-eh-voh

Sweet- that's what I always assumed it was.

Mack Jace
8 October 2005, 12:38 PM
My recommendation, not to take away from you mack, would be to make Vanger the XO. Simply because he has a higher activity rate in thread

Sure, no problem. I'm gonna try to post a lot more this time around, but I'll take whatever jobs you give me.

Rostek
8 October 2005, 01:46 PM
In the IC thread, I kind of made a move that I think accounts for some of the problems we've had rather well, as well as makes sense the initial unfamiliarity of Calo with the squadon, who would have been training together on a shakedown for a couple months.
If bossman doens't like it, I can easily change it, but this is kind of how I see things going down:

Tempest Squadron is formed as a new unit, and the training officers select a couple four lieutenants or so out of the twelve new pilots- one of these Lieutenants will be given brevet captain status after the initial training exercises- usually the one that shows the most promise as a leader combined with flight skill (usually in that order).
However, towards the end of the shakedown, this squadron leader is gone- either dies in a training mishap, on leave, or is removed due to some crime or something, possibly along with one of the other lieutenants, if we also want to explain Vooko's outsider status that way.
Then-Lieutenant Calo Stennic, who has just transferred back into Fighter Section from Logistics, is an experianced officer who as been around the block several times and has leadership experiance (not in an actual combat unit, but has commanded a Logistics frieghter or somesuch), and is tapped to replace the now-departed leader, because Tempest is able to pass for Activation even without this guy, and they are desperately needed on the front.
Now, I like this explanation, because it makes sense with the initial confusion in organization and Calo's lack of familiarity with the pilots and their lack of familiarity with his methods.

What do you all think? Or am I totally talking out of my ass here ;)
(N-man thinks it makes sense, btw- he's got computer trouble, and I've been asked to post his stuff, so his bit's going to be in my upcoming IC post).

Ris
8 October 2005, 04:34 PM
Rostek--I like your explanation, it works very well.

All--I will be unavailable from 10/27 - 11/2. Donovan Morningfire is visiting us so we can all attend an SF con together!!! Vanger can take care of Zarya. Cold, you've also got my okay to use her in posts during that time.
In addition, Wed. I am satrting a scoring project for about 3 weeks which may cut into my online time a bit between now & the 27th.

Rostek
8 October 2005, 07:11 PM
Alright children, he're what my plan is:

I'm going to apprentice each of our junior lieutenants to one of their more experianced counterparts. Part of this is out of expressed interests I've gotten through conversation through some of you, plus cold's suggestion/request, and part of it is to balance out with comparative post rates so that someone associated with a task will always be there to be seen doing something to that effect. Plus, it'll give you guys stuff to do besides party and kill things :P
IC, it will be part of Calo's attempts to give you all some minor command responsibility and teach you some of the basic skills of command and some of the tasks that go with it.
So, without further ado-

Cold- Assistant Squadron Training Officer. Tasked to help Krono with designing scenarios and finding people to program them, as well as assisting in the teaching of tactics (and, helping Krono with the "nuanced dealing with others" department ;)).
Ris- Assistant Squadron Operations Officer. Tasked to help Lt. Bitrok with the proper equipping of Tempest, as well as dealing with requisitions paperwork and minor tech issues at his leisure ;)
N-man- Adjunct Officer. Tasked with assisting the CO and XO of the squadron in our various menial tasks, including the coordanting of your two associates in the "new lieutenants" catagory in their efforts and adding bueracratic power and a pretty title behind any roadblocks they may run into on the supply/logistics channel (although anything above ship level will be my or Vooko's responsibility).

fallenjedi51
8 October 2005, 09:57 PM
I AM BACK and stronger than ever muahha ha

First off I would like to apologive for any trouble I have caused with leaving and not telling but my life has been very hectic where do I begin baisically there has been a lot of construction going on

Any question hating or wanting to kill me or just vent at me for making this forum just a little more hectic I take full responsibility for except for what you have to say to Lord Sei

Also in no way shape or form am I inviting my self back but I have

I have 8 kills I think

But I am asking for forgiveness and to be invited back in

PsychoInfiltrator
9 October 2005, 06:15 AM
I'm a Christian, I'll forgive anybody.

Hence, it is my vote that if you truly mean to stick on to the best of your abilities (not saying you haven't), I vote you stay in the campaign, though whether you stay in Bantha or not may need to be redecided.

Of course, its not up to me, but since when has that ever stopped me from stating my piece?;););)

Cold- Assistant Squadron Training Officer. Tasked to help Krono with designing scenarios and finding people to program them, as well as assisting in the teaching of tactics (and, helping Krono with the "nuanced dealing with others" department ).
And yo think that my IC post, before I even read your OOC post had a very similar idea...

And as to nuanced dealing with others...Korto might need two assistants for the first bit.;) He is going to apologize to the techies,so that's a step in the right direction.

PsychoInfiltrator
9 October 2005, 06:17 AM
YABADABADOO!!!!

That post made me Line Captain!!!

So much better than mere 'Captain'. Yeehaa!!!

Rostek
9 October 2005, 11:23 AM
Well... as a matter of course I will abstain and suggest that it be up to his squadron commander and our GM to decide properly- I have no objections either way.

Drendar Morevo
9 October 2005, 05:40 PM
fallenjedi, you may continue playing. make an IC post.

Ash DuQuennes
9 October 2005, 07:17 PM
Not to be the materialistic weasel, here, but.....

Is there any levelling for Bantha? Rank is less important to me (although somewhat so ;) ) than levelling myself and my squadron up a tad.

Drendar Morevo
9 October 2005, 07:28 PM
All your pilots with 5 ATA kills can level up.

Vanger Chevane
9 October 2005, 08:06 PM
Rostek I also like your explanation as Vooko wouldn't & didn't get the regular training regimen the others did.

He already knows very well how to fly & navigate, skills the NR would have to beat into the heads of most trainees.

Could be that when Tempest had their big disruption while in training, they needed a Lt. in a hurry, so they grabbed ahold of Mister Zeelas, ramrodded him through the Advanced Course in time to graduate with the squad & take Tempest active with a pair of senior officers who already know how to work as a team and under extreme pressure.

Rostek
9 October 2005, 08:34 PM
Rostek I also like your explanation as Vooko wouldn't & didn't get the regular training regimen the others did.

He already knows very well how to fly & navigate, skills the NR would have to beat into the heads of most trainees.

Could be that when Tempest had their big disruption while in training, they needed a Lt. in a hurry, so they grabbed ahold of Mister Zeelas, ramrodded him through the Advanced Course in time to graduate with the squad & take Tempest active with a pair of senior officers who already know how to work as a team and under extreme pressure.

My thoughts precisely :D

PsychoInfiltrator
10 October 2005, 06:08 AM
So which Tempests are leveling up (and are any going up 2 or more levels?)

I know Korto's leveling up, but I'm not sure whether all of the Temepsts are, and whether anything other thna kills effects that sort of thing. (Like # of missions for example.)

So basically what I am asking for a a summary of Tempest kills, levle ups, prelevel up levels and whether or not anytihng other than kills can get you upped.

I know its a bunch of work, but it would be quite helpful.

Ris
10 October 2005, 06:16 AM
I believe Drendar went over what was involved in leveling up, getting promoted & the like in the original OOC. Perhaps Dren could repeat that in this thread for convenience. For the same reason, it would be nice if all players could repost their (leveled-up) PC's.

Rostek
10 October 2005, 07:11 AM
Calo Stennic: Adult Male Human, Scoundrel 2/Soldier 2; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Def 16 (+3 Dex, +3 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP -/12; Atk +0 or -4/-4 ranged (3d8, crit 19-20, Blaster [Carbine]), +3 melee (1d3, punch), +4 or +0/+0 ranged (3d8, Blaster [Heavy Pistol, BlasTech DL-44/Merr-Sonn 'Flash' 4]), -3 melee (2d4, Vibrodagger); SQ Illicit barter, Lucky (1/day); SV Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +0; SZ M; FP: 0; Rep: +1; Str 11, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 14.
Equipment: Blaster [Carbine], Blaster [Heavy Pistol, BlasTech DL-44/Merr-Sonn 'Flash' 4], Chronometer, Code Cylinder, Comlink [Military], Credit Chip, DataPad [Personal], Flight suit [Padded] (Damage Reduction: 2), Utility Belt, Vibrodagger, Cold (modified R2 unit), X-Wing fighter.
Skills: Astrogate +12, Bluff +7, Computer Use +10, Craft (starfighters) +5, Demolitions +7, Gamble +3, Hide +4, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (Bureaucracy) +8, Knowledge (Streetwise) +8, Knowledge (Tactics) +10, Knowledge (World lore) +8, Pilot +12, Profession (military officer) +5, Read/Write Basic, Repair +11, Speak Basic, Speak Binary, Speak Huttese, Speak Shyriiwook (Understand Only)
Feats: Heroic Surge, Point Blank Shot, Spacer, Starship Operation (starfighter), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)

Drendar Morevo
10 October 2005, 07:13 AM
Ah yes... reqs for leveling are as follows.

Total Kills
5 = Level Up
10 = Level Up
20 = Level Up
40 = Level Up
60 = Level Up

The New X-Wing/Y-Wing fighter ace PrC will go up tonight. Wait to level up till then.

Rostek
10 October 2005, 07:18 AM
But what does that mean for those of us who just completed our third mission with five or more kills?

PsychoInfiltrator
10 October 2005, 07:30 AM
Hopefully Plus two levels.

(And is the ten ten more after the five or ten total, and do shared kills and land kills count?)

Rostek
10 October 2005, 07:31 AM
I suspect ATA, since we're running a pilot-centric game. Flavor would only allow our egos to allow Air to Air kills ;)

PsychoInfiltrator
10 October 2005, 07:36 AM
I suspect ATA, since we're running a pilot-centric game. Flavor would only allow our egos to allow Air to Air kills

Well, Korto has no problem with counting Ground stuff, (or damaged) because A: He'll take anything he can get and B: More kills is more kills.

Hmmm...Rostek, what is Korto's kill total now that we have worked it all out? I seem to have forgotten.

PS: Drend, when do we all get paid?

Rostek
10 October 2005, 07:47 AM
Eleven- I believe.
As for pay- well, there's not a ton we can do with it in the middle of a warzone, but yeah, I get you're point ;)
At the end of the month, whenever that is- I believe that is standard practice.

Besides, going up three levels in one mission would be just a tad excessive, no? ;)

PsychoInfiltrator
10 October 2005, 07:57 AM
Eleven- I believe.
As for pay- well, there's not a ton we can do with it in the middle of a warzone, but yeah, I get you're point
At the end of the month, whenever that is- I believe that is standard practice.

That means my question about 5,10,20,40 is relevant! As to getting paid...I'll look for Korto's first paycheck somewhare around RL Christmas 2007, if I'm lucky.

Besides, going up three levels in one mission would be just a tad excessive, no?
NO. Its not Korto's fault he's so good! Why punsih the good to tilt the playing field for the not-quite-as-good? Besides, Korto would gladly have goen up 1 level per mission instead. If ABSOLUTELY necessary, Korot could wait an extra day/mission before his third level up.

I hereby appeal to the GM.

Rostek
10 October 2005, 08:03 AM

That means my question about 5,10,20,40 is relevant! As to getting paid...I'll look for Korto's first paycheck somewhare around RL Christmas 2007, if I'm lucky.

I never said it wasn't relevent- I myself have 10 total counting ground kills, which leads me to...

NO. Its not Korto's fault he's so good! Why punsih the good to tilt the playing field for the not-quite-as-good? Besides, Korto would gladly have goen up 1 level per mission instead. If ABSOLUTELY necessary, Korot could wait an extra day/mission before his third level up.

:raised: Okaaaaayy. I appricicate the IC moment- but as I noted myself, I have a similarly high number of kills to level up thrice.
I don't think it's that big of a deal- especially given that next mission you'll inevitablely get another kill, giving you ten (unless we just do a milk run- which actually could be kind of interesting , as it could allow us to do some leave time adventuring on a planet).

PsychoInfiltrator
10 October 2005, 08:07 AM
Okaaaaayy. I appricicate the IC moment- but as I noted myself, I have a similarly high number of kills to level up thrice.
I don't think it's that big of a deal- especially given that next mission you'll inevitablely get another kill, giving you ten (unless we just do a milk run- which actually could be kind of interesting , as it could allow us to do some leave time adventuring on a planet).

I knew I'd regret giving away my second volley kill without even checking to see if you are right. I think I'll go check.

But I still want Ground stuff counted, and I remember soem old postage where Drend said it would be.

Now I'm off ot go check Rostek's math.

Rostek
10 October 2005, 08:11 AM
What's there to check? You rolled a 22, a TIE's base Defense is 24, and it was going at at least attack speed, which would boost it further. You failed to gain a second lock- nothing wrong with that, it happens on occasion.

Ris
10 October 2005, 08:14 AM
Oh, goody that means I get another level after our next mission!

I agree with Rostek--3 levels at once does seem excessive. And I'd respectfully suggest reconsidering an appeal to the GM--it may well be interpreted by other players as "being a munchkin" or something.

I've a couple minor issues with some in-game stuff myself--but I'm not griping in the ooc.

Drendar Morevo
10 October 2005, 08:27 AM
Ground Kills will not count. Only ATA.

If this is your third mission and you have five kills... you may level up TWICE.

Its TOTAL ATA kills.

PsychoInfiltrator
10 October 2005, 08:32 AM
I'm just appealing to the GM because he's the one who has the final decision. Three levles does seem at touch high to me aswell, but that's just how it seems ot ahve worked out.

Now to the math. (Sorry to all those who don't care much or think Rostek and I are going overboard with the math.)

With lock rolls of 18 and 19 and a +15 comp modifier, I think I got my locks.

The attack rolls ofr the torps were 12 and 17. I have forgotten whether X-Wing torp attack modifiers are 10 or 15, but I do believe fifteen, meaning
total results of 27 and 32. Attack Speed, I do beleive, raises TIE defense by 2, to 26. Meaning that if an X's torps have a +15, I do believe Korto got both kills. Otherwise one of his torp pairs missed.

EDIT: Assuming Drend means only ingame ATA kills, this suddenly matters a bunch more. (Still not all that much from most people's perspective, though.) Oh, and with only ATAs counting, Bantha is up the river witohut a paddle.
Also, how will we do Astromech levelups? Or will they?

Ash DuQuennes
10 October 2005, 08:44 AM
All your pilots with 5 ATA kills can level up.

Slight quibble: we're not ATA types; it's not the type of fighter we fly, nor the type of mission we're typically handed. We're Capital Ship killers and Attack fighters, which means the Ground Attack is what we're good at, too. Don't A-10 or other Attack Fighter pilots get just as much credit for killing ground targets as their Air Superiority counterparts do for killing enemy fighters?

Sure, ground targets are typically easier to hit, but they're also typically harder to kill, and more protected with defensive batteries, as well. While that wasn't the case in this battle, it doesn't seem right to penalize the Attack Squadron by NOT counting ground kills just because Bleargah didn't shell-out for better anti-starfighter defenses.

And FWIW: I honestly don't believe we need special PrCs. The Starship Ace PrC straight out of the book is already powerful enough. If we gain access to those abilities too early in the campaign, it could make things too easy.

And with your levelling scheme, we might be going up in level pretty fast, pretty often.

Drendar Morevo
10 October 2005, 08:45 AM
Oh no they wont. They dont get fractions of kills for big targets.

And ground kills wont come up alot of the time. I've got a real slugging match planned for your next mission.

Bantha should have plenty of kills.

GMs ruling, Korto you get your kill.

Kills are only IN-GAME!

Rostek
10 October 2005, 08:47 AM
EDIT: Assuming Drend means only ingame ATA kills, this suddenly matters a bunch more. (Still not all that much from most people's perspective, though.) Oh, and with only ATAs counting, Bantha is up the river witohut a paddle.
Also, how will we do Astromech levelups? Or will they?

Why? Capships count as ATA (Or they may be going off a different standard because of their different mission profile, IDK). You don't get

Ash DuQuennes
10 October 2005, 08:50 AM
Ah yes... reqs for leveling are as follows.

Total Kills
5 = Level Up
10 = Level Up
20 = Level Up
40 = Level Up
60 = Level Up

The New X-Wing/Y-Wing fighter ace PrC will go up tonight. Wait to level up till then.

For ease of tracking these House Rules, could you perhaps edit your first post in this thread to include them?

That way, all of us know where to look for quick reference (page 1, post 1) instead of hunting through the thread relying on faulty memory of what was posted where several months ago.

Ash DuQuennes
10 October 2005, 08:56 AM

First: you're not that good. :P

Second: the nature of the basic d20 level advancement means that lower level characters tend to level quickly, at least initially, but the XP scale is an ascending one, which make levelling taper off to middlin', then slow, then positively glacial, as a character advances.

SO the 5, 10, 20, 40, scheme is a decent enough ad-hoc representation of that for this campaign.

IMO.

But I'll wait for Drendar's ruling as well.

Mack Jace
10 October 2005, 09:07 AM
Alright, I've been doing some sifting through the thread, and I believe that I have 1 kill :(, but three missions, so that means that I level once, right?

Ash DuQuennes
10 October 2005, 09:11 AM
With lock rolls of 18 and 19 and a +15 comp modifier, I think I got my locks.

We agreed in the last OOC thread to go by straight RCRB Missile Rules, in which the "lock" is automatically established by simply declaring the target you're shooting at.

Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator The attack rolls ofr the torps were 12 and 17. I have forgotten whether X-Wing torp attack modifiers are 10 or 15, but I do believe fifteen, meaning total results of 27 and 32. Attack Speed, I do beleive, raises TIE defense by 2, to 26. Meaning that if an X's torps have a +15, I do believe Korto got both kills. Otherwise one of his torp pairs missed.

These Attack rolls are the only ones that count by RCRB Missile Rules.

The basic X-Wing has the +10 modifier, but other quality missiles/torpedoes are available. I imagine that's totally at GM discretion; maybe some sort of Knowledge: Bureaucracy roll with a DC against the requested missile/torpedo's Quality Modifier to successfully requisition such advanced weapons systems might be in order.

But I think you guys are flying the T65A-C4 Model from Starships of the Galaxy, which uses to OCRB missile/torpedo rules, which doesn't list Missile Quality Modifiers.

For such an advanced craft, I can easily see them having base +15 for their torpedos, but an interesting wrinkle on a military campaign might limit availability "due to chronic shortages in light of the on-going war effort."

Anywho, if the Uglies were only going Attack Speed, then your Defense calculations are correct, and the only variable is what Missile Quality modifiers your torps had.

Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator EDIT: Assuming Drend means only ingame ATA kills, this suddenly matters a bunch more. (Still not all that much from most people's perspective, though.) Oh, and with only ATAs counting, Bantha is up the river witohut a paddle.

Indeed. If only ATA kills count, expect to see a much more agressive Bantha Squadron in the middle of the "furballs" horning in on some of Tempest's action.

Ash DuQuennes
10 October 2005, 09:30 AM
My apologies; I missed this post entirely in my "scanning" though the thread.

Oh no they wont. They dont get fractions of kills for big targets.

And ground kills wont come up alot of the time. I've got a real slugging match planned for your next mission.

Bantha should have plenty of kills.

Okay, so if I understand you correctly, if Bantha, as a squadron, flying in Wing formations, takes out a Capital Ship, then each of the ships participating in the attack (the ones that actually hit, of course), get equal credit for the kill, counting as one kill for each participant that hits.

If that's correct, then One Flight has seven ATA kills (1 Corvette, 1 Carrack, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 Golan II, 3 Uglies), and 3 missions, for two levels.

Two Flight has six kills (same as One Flight, less 1 Ugly, which Psych picked up last battle), and three missions, for two levels as well.

Three Flight is really lagging. Banthas 9 & 10 have two ATA (1 Carrack, 1 Golan III for B9, and 1 Corvette and 1 Carrack for B10), and Banthas 11 & 12 have 3 kills each (1 Corvette, 1 Carrack, 1 Golan III).

All of Three Flight except B9 have three missions under their belt, for 1 level to B10, B11, & B12.

I suppose I should've rolled Three Flight's Attacks for the few rounds of "dogfighting" in the last mission, but I had no idea fallenjedi was out of the game for that portion, and the battle had moved on before I realized anything (or anyone) was amiss.

Also: IIUYC, promotions will only go to PCs. Is that correct?

Drendar Morevo
10 October 2005, 09:56 AM
Yes.

Rostek
10 October 2005, 12:00 PM
Alright- so that's settled, then.

I'll pick up my second level tonight after you've posted the class (I may change the level I already accounted for as well- I'll have to look at the class).
Also (and I'm going to post this IC), I'd like a meeting with each of the newly promoted/reponsibilitied persons in my office (save, Ash, of course), to go over some bureaucratic details (some of which you may not like, but it is IC and fitting with what kind of game we're running. Don't worry, it's nothing too offensive or difficult for any of you, and won't effect play either).

It will be painless (unless you choose to make it otherwise), I assure you ;)

PsychoInfiltrator
10 October 2005, 01:14 PM
Without seeing it, all I can promise is to act on the nice end of in character.

Yay! +3 levels, here I come. That is, shortly after I see this new PrC of Drend's.

BTW, Drendar Morevo, what is your preferred nickname/shortform?
(Drend, Drendar, ect.)

First: you're not that good.

Second: the nature of the basic d20 level advancement means that lower level characters tend to level quickly, at least initially, but the XP scale is an ascending one, which make levelling taper off to middlin', then slow, then positively glacial, as a character advances.

SO the 5, 10, 20, 40, scheme is a decent enough ad-hoc representation of that for this campaign.

IMO.

I fully agreed with Drendar Morevo. I just wanted my tenth kill. Which I got.

Indeed. If only ATA kills count, expect to see a much more agressive Bantha Squadron in the middle of the "furballs" horning in on some of Tempest's action.

Drendar Morevo, I hereby request more targets. Also, it was annoying how after a couple of rounds wich ever enemies we were facing would fly away unopposed and we wouldn't get to finish them.

Oh, and I don't believe that my astromech question has been answered.

Rostek
10 October 2005, 01:39 PM
Be careful what you wish for- targets tend to shoot back (as a few of our members discovered to their sadness). And pilots with big kill numbers tend to recieve the attraction of skilled enemy pilots in high quality fighters.
You do not want to run in with a +12 modifier (Ace) pilot in a TIE Defender, especially if he has friends- no matter how good you may be, or think you may be :(

Vanger Chevane
10 October 2005, 01:39 PM
I've yet to run Vooko through TPTCBN, but I can see Drendar's Logic in the level-ups.

Tempest is a green squadron. Surviving your first 3 combats gives you a lot of hard experience (or it should if you were in the middle of things) you wouldn't have straight from the Academy. One time bonus level after the 1st 3 furballs.

Ash's Boneheads may not get this one as they're presumably already a Veteran Squadron.

Shared kills (Dogfight-type) or serious damage to a ship without kiling it count as Half.

Leveling up by Kill instead of awarding Experience is a GM call, and the Power of 2 system ensures it's always harder to get to the next level.

Thing is, easy kills may not necessarily count as a full kill for this. A Die-Wing with a green pilot in the bubble is a challenge only for a Newbie, for any veteran pilot it's just another silhouette, and really doesn't do anything to increase their capability & lethality facing well-trained pilots in good snubs, like squints.

Hence we may have 2 different counts going. Killing a Die-Wing or other easy target counts as a full silhouette on your hull & kill on record, but may be Half or less on your count to level up.

This is why I've long held that Characters get a level up when & only when the GM decides they deserve, and have earned, it IC.

Rostek
10 October 2005, 01:44 PM
I've yet to run Vooko through TPTCBN, but I can see Drendar's Logic in the level-ups.

Tempest is a green squadron. Surviving your first 3 combats gives you a lot of hard experience (or it should if you were in the middle of things) you wouldn't have straight from the Academy. One time bonus level after the 1st 3 furballs.

Ash's Boneheads may not get this one as they're presumably already a Veteran Squadron.

Eh, equal opportunity in this case- 'specially for Ash man hisself ;)

PsychoInfiltrator
10 October 2005, 01:47 PM

Shared kills (Dogfight-type) or serious damage to a ship without kiling it count as Half.

Leveling up by Kill instead of awarding Experience is a GM call, and the Power of 2 system ensures it's always harder to get to the next level.

Thing is, easy kills may not necessarily count as a full kill for this. A Die-Wing with a green pilot in the bubble is a challenge only for a Newbie, for any veteran pilot it's just another silhouette, and really doesn't do anything to increase their capability & lethality facing well-trained pilots in squints.

Hence we may have 2 different counts going. Killing a Die-Wing or other easy target counts as a full silhouette on your hull & kill on record, but may be Half or less on your count to level up.

Welcome to the World of the Complicated. Population: Not me. Please. PLEASE!!!

Be careful what you wish for- targets tend to shoot back (as a few of our members discovered to their sadness). And pilots with big kill numbers tend to recieve the attraction of skilled enemy pilots in high quality fighters.
You do not want to run in with a +12 modifier (Ace) pilot in a TIE Defender, especially if he has friends- no matter how good you may be, or think you may be

+12 in Pilot really isn't all that hard to get, nor does it require a particularly high level. But I see your point. But I still say: "Drendar Morevo, more targets please." Oh, and Ash, my offer still stands. Ionize and capture a Defender for Korto and Charging Bantha will never have to worry about being shot down again. ;):)

coldskier0320
10 October 2005, 01:54 PM
Just a quick question...

since we're apparently going by missions as well as kills, how many missions had Terent flew? I think two (one being the emergency scramble, the other being this last raid). If so, I should level up once now, and once next mission, right? And, with six kills, as soon as I get 9 more, level up again, right?

I'm not in a terrible hurry here, as Terent seems to be doing fine...and keeping him alive is my main concern, rather than making him the ubermensch (sp?) of X. Basically, with a new issue (level ups), has come a whole new flood of complicated discussion in the OOC, most of which I tend to just skip over and wait for the final verdict, not caring one way or the other.

That said, when y'all figure out what you want to do, I'd appreciate a plain, layman's terms explanation of where we go from here.

Thanks,

Cold:)

Ash DuQuennes
10 October 2005, 01:55 PM

Eh? TPTCBN? It's only an acronym if you can say it, and I wish I had a web-cam so you can see how many knots my tongue's in from trying to say "tipitcubin."

Bantha started at the exact same levels as Tempest.

Do you really want to flick lit matches at that open container of gasoline?

Thing is, easy kills may not necessarily count as a full kill for this. A Die-Wing with a green pilot in the bubble is a challenge only for a Newbie, for any veteran pilot it's just another silhouette, and really doesn't do anything to increase their capability & lethality facing well-trained pilots in squints.

Actually, until you get into the Ace's PrC Special Qualities, the ability of the pilot is largely inconsequential in determining how hard his ship is to hit. There's a minor increase in Flying Evasively for having 6 or more ranks of Pilot, but until you get the Ace's Defense Bonus added to your ship, and the Evasion and Improved Evasion SQ, there's not a whole lot of difference Defensively between a Green pilot and an Expert pilot.

The real benefit is that Expert pilots will be more effective offensively than a Green pilot; higher BAB offsets Speed and Flying Evasive penalties

Math? You want me to do more math? Track more crap?

I dunno how Rostek feels, but I personally could launch you out of a missile tube for even making the suggestion. :D

Rostek
10 October 2005, 01:55 PM

Welcome to the World of the Complicated. Population: Not me. Please. PLEASE!!!

+12 in Pilot really isn't all that hard to get, nor does it require a particularly high level. But I see your point. But I still say: "Drendar Morevo, more targets please." Oh, and Ash, my offer still stands. Ionize and capture a Defender for Korto and Charging Bantha will never have to worry about being shot down again. ;):)

Yes, but he also has +8 BAB and +12 INIT plus whatever Fire Control Bonuses and whatnot, which when used with his missles could end your day pretty damn quick, especially with a crit.
Like the General Morevo said- we are not Rogue Squadron.
Besides- if anyone else wants a personal fighter, I'll insist they report to the port airlock without a suit :P
Although I'll happily agree with a proviso-
"GM, if you are to send more targets- make sure they know who asked for them when they are choosing targets." :D

And Cold, it's total kills, so you're four away from another kill-level.

As for Vang's suggestions:
I wouldn't want to keep track of the extra math, though The Program That Cannot Be Named has proved helpful in figuring out Calo's level ups (And with all due respect, it is an acronym if the real thing is a huge pain in the ass to type ;)).

Rostek
10 October 2005, 02:37 PM
Alright- as to the meetings, we can do this a couple of ways:

My PM box is pretty full, but my adjunct has one that's almost empty now- So he could serve a RL role as the secretary as well.

He'd PM a list of questions, you'd answer and we'd PM a further list of follow ups or additional questions.

Now, that's bit troublesome, so what I'd really prefer to do is set up a IM session (Preferably Yahoo!, since that's all I've got on my 'puter right now) with Vang and N-Man present as well (though Crix isn't really a quesitioner unless he comes up with something utterly brilliant and relevant that Vang or I might have missed).
There's only four of you that need these, and I already have briefly covered much of the basics with Ris, so she's got an idea of what I'm going to do.
Now, we might have to wait until next week for these in any event, since it's Homecoming Week at Knox, so I'm pretty full booked for time.
In the meantime, perhaps there is some Ship Liberty to be had, and a party to kill some time (since I won't be able to post at the rate I'd like for a combat either)?

coldskier0320
10 October 2005, 03:21 PM
There's only four of you that need these, and I already have briefly covered much of the basics with Ris, so she's got an idea of what I'm going to do.

Need I be involved with this? If so, my YIM name's coldskier0320 (convenient, huh?), and I'll be on when I'm on, and when I'm not I won't answer. :P

Still, if you want to schedule a time, I'm open to pretty much every weeknight ('cept tonight, when the Steelers play and the girls come over! :P)

Rostek
10 October 2005, 03:27 PM

Need I be involved with this? If so, my YIM name's coldskier0320 (convenient, huh?), and I'll be on when I'm on, and when I'm not I won't answer. :P

Still, if you want to schedule a time, I'm open to pretty much every weeknight ('cept tonight, when the Steelers play and the girls come over! :P)

Yeah- with you promotees, it won't take very long.
Like I said, maybe next monday or somesuch (I can appriciate the need for football, and thus wouldn't dream of disturbing you during the fave team's play B)).

PsychoInfiltrator
10 October 2005, 04:34 PM
I don't have YIM (or AIM, for that matter!) and am unfamiliar with both. As such, I am forced to ask the following embarassing quesiton.

How do I get YIM and will it pop up without asking/appear on the list of icons in the bottom right corner of my screen nortmally or in other words will it appear without me asking?

Oh, and I am unavailable most Monday Nights and Thursdays before 7:30EST except on the rare occasion when I'm on beofre supper.

Rostek
10 October 2005, 04:44 PM
Here (http://messenger.yahoo.com/) is where you can get it- and yes, it does add a bunch of crap to your links and toolbar, but that can be easily removed, thankfully, by trashing the links and crap. You can also, I believe, key the Messanger not to open when you're session starts. Failing that, you can uninstall when finished and keep the install files if you can't figure it out (I don't know about the settings, I always have it start up when my session starts).
The interface is pretty intuitive- and shouldn't be a problem

Ris
10 October 2005, 05:10 PM
Rostek--Monday is a bad evening for me, since i am out part of it. So's Wednesday. I'd just as soon do it IC.

Rostek
10 October 2005, 05:16 PM
IC is probably doable for you simple promotions- but there are several more issues with the new assignement persons.
I'm actually open all next week in the evenings- so we could do it Tuesday or Thursday if you wanted.

PsychoInfiltrator
10 October 2005, 05:37 PM
I can't do it on YIM.

Between installation problems, having to give up a whole ton of privacy, agree to an ever changing privacy agreement that took forever to find, and the flippin thing popping up everywhere, its just not working for me.

I'm fine with IC and/or PMing though.

Rostek
10 October 2005, 05:43 PM
:raised:
Okay... well then, it'll have to be through PM, since there is a lot of stuff regarding Korto's new job that has to be hashed through, as well as a couple of minor bureaucratic issues.
Like I said, it'll have to be next week, since I've got a ton of crap to do before Friday (yes, I know I'm procrastinating now, but this is important too- it's not difficult work, just tedious work ;)).
So we can just do it through PMs. I'll tell N-Man to gird his PM box.
I'd still like to hash out questions and comments with Vang- his being XO (IC and OOC, really :D) beforehand.

Ris
10 October 2005, 06:03 PM
Either IM or IC is fine with me, Rostek. Tuesday should work out. If you finish the homework, both Vanger & I are on YIM tonight

Drendar Morevo
10 October 2005, 06:35 PM
GAH!!!

ok,you'll get nothing out of me tonight.

firstly i'm currenty forced to use onsceen keyboard.

secondly i don't want to dive into this sludgepit till tomorrow morning.

Rostek
10 October 2005, 06:40 PM
GAH!!!

ok,you'll get nothing out of me tonight.

firstly i'm currenty forced to use onsceen keyboard.

secondly i don't want to dive into this sludgepit till tomorrow morning.

Ouch- can't blame you. Onscreen mode is teh suk, especially with a ton of typing to do.

Drendar Morevo
10 October 2005, 07:14 PM
Alright, my keyboard is now working.

One thing I think I can organize right now.
I want everyone who can to Post their US Time-Zone (east, central, west, mountain, pacific). If not in the US for obvious reasons then please try to coordinate with me. I want to set up AIM chats and YIM chats if necessary at certain times for each time zone. If you have neither YIM or AIM then we can work things out through PM. Just wait a bit.

Specific 'Ace' PrCs will have to wait till tomorrow.

Would all people with YIM or AIM also post their profile names?

Rostek
10 October 2005, 07:25 PM
Looks as though IM ain't gonna work.
But I'm in CST, and am almightysultancat on Y!IM and the same, IIRC, on AIM (though I don't have it on my school comp).
We can do the promotions IC fairly easily- It's mostly a brief explanation of their tasks (basically "do what your superior says to" and in Terent's case "Try to keep Krono in line/try to get him to work with others properly- nudge but don't push too hard").
Psych's declining of IM means we'll have to do it by PM- which is fine, but I'd prefer just to do Mack's that way too (somewhat less to say, since your task is fairly easy to sum up and doesn't require a lot of direction outside of common sense stuff- which isn't to say it isn't important, it is, it's just much more intuitive). I'll coallate the PMs into a conversation that makes sense and post it (after sorting out any major OOC or IC issues with you, of course, and we'll have you proof it to make sure everything's cool).

coldskier0320
10 October 2005, 07:34 PM
FWIW:

AIM: ShadowofApollyon
YIM: coldskier0320

TZ: EST (though I'm on alot, so just run a time by me.

Also, if I may, I'd like to suggest that if we get the majority of people willing to try an IM chat, we go for it. You can get so much done in such a relatively short time on IM, as evidenced by the collabo-posts. In fact, if feasible for this, perhaps we could even try to run a quick mini-adventure over AIM or YIM sometime. But that's way out there.

Rostek
10 October 2005, 07:47 PM
FWIW:

AIM: ShadowofApollyon
YIM: coldskier0320

TZ: EST (though I'm on alot, so just run a time by me.

Also, if I may, I'd like to suggest that if we get the majority of people willing to try an IM chat, we go for it. You can get so much done in such a relatively short time on IM, as evidenced by the collabo-posts. In fact, if feasible for this, perhaps we could even try to run a quick mini-adventure over AIM or YIM sometime. But that's way out there.

It might work better as a mini-adventure on something where there is a logical excuse for us not all being together- like a shoreleave gone wrong (Like more than one instance in the RS comics B)).

Drendar Morevo
11 October 2005, 06:21 AM
Ok, 7-8 hours later I think I am able to resolve this.

Psych, stop worrying about numbers. More Specifically stop obsessing about them... this is the OOC not the IC. Many people have the word munchkin on their minds right now. This is not a munchkin game.

Unless you want Korto facing down an entire wing on his own (which I don't doubt due to his character he would) I will not set up a massive force just to supplant your ego and need for numbers. Forget wanting to be like Corran Horn, youre turning into a regular Bror Jace, and while his character did have some thing to bounce off of (in this case corran)... you don't.

Korto... you have NINE kills. No whining or arguments, or I kick you out. understand me? Now believe me, most of the people here would like nothing more than for me to boot you from this game, have your character put up on charges of gross insubordnation and sent to a prison facility somewhere on the outer rim, but I don't want to do that. I'm about as far on your side as youre gonna get.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Boccelounge, you may come in at any time. Please post IC and well get to you PDQ. Rostek, if you would please be so kind as to act like your characters datapad lit up with a new bit of information concerning the new pilot.

Prerequisites.
-Level 2
-BAB +8
-Dexterity 15
-5 ATA Kills

Bonuses.

Craft Familiarity.
When Flying craft of choice you gain +4 to defense and +4 to Attack Bonus with onboard weapons. You also gain a +2 resistance to Ion Attacks.

Fantastic Dodge.
Once a mission your pilot may avoid any one attack (unless the attack is a critical) made on them in a round. The choice of the attack will be made at the beggining of the round Meaning you make a called avoid against an attack from a called ship.

Fire-Forget-Hit
Once a mission your ship can fire a missile attack and get a hit automatically regardless of targets defense for full damage (in torpedoes 10d10x2 meaning a possible 200 damage). DR applies at 1.75 (rounded down) times normal strength though for attacked ships.

Tri-Weapon-Shot
Once a mission a Y-Wing may use all three of its paired weapons as if they were a linked system at no penalty. Damage stacks. (Torp Damage + Laser Damage + Ionization Damage).

Changes will be made... this is a rough composite PrC and you may not even get to use the special feats in the way they are written before the next mission. Check back for further updates.

Ris
11 October 2005, 06:41 AM
Drendar--With a BAB minimum of +8, the earliest a character can take the PrC is level 8, if they are single-classed Soldier. For multiclass and other single classes, it will be even later. Therefore, why have the minimum level so low as 2?

Ash DuQuennes
11 October 2005, 08:24 AM
Questions for Drendar:

1. Can we still use the basic Starship Ace PrC from the RCRB if we so desire?

2. Would you consider allowing the various Starship Gunnery Feats from Starships of the Galaxy as Soldier Bonus Feats?

3. The Wing Rules state that all craft in a Wing must fire at the same target. Does that include gunners manning separate weapons systems (like ion cannons in turrets) not currently under the direct control of the pilot?

My gut says that gunners can engage independently, but the rules aren't specific, and G.M. Sarli has yet to answer the question (still too much RotS force-related questions coming at him, at a guess).

Rostek
11 October 2005, 11:04 AM

Boccelounge, you may come in at any time. Please post IC and well get to you PDQ. Rostek, if you would please be so kind as to act like your characters datapad lit up with a new bit of information concerning the new pilot.

Okeedoke :)

And yeah, the same question about BAB-Levelage.

Vanger Chevane
11 October 2005, 01:33 PM
IMIDs are in my profile, I'm on 4-10PM Mountain but watch my status as I am at work & can't always respond right away. Handy for coordinating with ppl like Ronin who is normally only online while I'm asleep.

Personally I prefer YIM over AIM as YIM supports Offline Messaging which I've never seen AIM do, let alone reliably. I can receive messages sent from anyone on YIM to me as soon as I login, regardles of when they sent it while I wasn't on.

Easy to do IM:
Get YIM and/or AIM IM account.
Get Trillian (http://www.ceruleanstudios.com)
Install & config (fairly simple IMHO), fire up and enjoy.

Trillian basic is free, and does all the basic IM stuff (not crippled). Also in my experience more stable, feature-laden (Skins for starters), and uses less resources than either YeeHa!'s or AOheLl's IMware.

Tril has a known problem with proxy auto-config scripts, but there is a fairly technical way around that. ;)

PsychoInfiltrator
11 October 2005, 01:35 PM
Psych, stop worrying about numbers. More Specifically stop obsessing about them... this is the OOC not the IC. Many people have the word munchkin on their minds right now. This is not a munchkin game.

I'M NOT OBSEESSED WITH NUMBERS!!!!

Its that simple. Rostek and I merely had a disagreement over how many kills which retrospectively should have been dealt with by PM. Then you ended it by giving me the last kill Rostek and I were still not in accord with.

Then Ash and IU beleive soembody else seemignly ignored that and continued on. Then I pointed out that the issue had been settled. And now I get blown up at in public for what is to me, no apparent reason.

Unless you want Korto facing down an entire wing on his own (which I don't doubt due to his character he would) I will not set up a massive force just to supplant your ego and need for numbers. Forget wanting to be like Corran Horn, youre turning into a regular Bror Jace, and while his character did have some thing to bounce off of (in this case corran)... you don't.[QUOTE]

The only flippin' reason I asked for more targets last time and the realistic fact that you can't just fleee from a dogfight without being harried is because so far the missions have been rather easy. Shoot this. Shoot that. No/very little startegy involved. I recognize that you wanted introductory missions to familiarize everyone with this stuff and get it worked out, but my request is for the missions to get a little tougher now. None of this has anything to do with ego AT ALL.

[QUOTE]Korto... you have NINE kills. No whining or arguments, or I kick you out. understand me? Now believe me, most of the people here would like nothing more than for me to boot you from this game, have your character put up on charges of gross insubordnation and sent to a prison facility somewhere on the outer rim, but I don't want to do that. I'm about as far on your side as youre gonna get.

A decision revewrsal cause you are fed up with me (I refuse to finish this sentence in oreder to not say some things I'd later regret.)? What fun.

And if all these people really want me kicked out, why don't they PM me, as opposed to me as I have requested MANY times and we went through with the Darth_Meane disagreement. NOBODY has complained to me in any where near such a manner regarding this campaign. There have been a couple PMs over the last month regarding minor stuff, and they were dealt with quickly, and AFAIK, with all parties concerned satisfied. If soembody(s) choose to PM me, I will do my best to satisfy everyone. If somebody(s) want to send me a PM or two full of a flaming onslaught, fine. Just do please put a disclaimer at the top or bottom.

And if you boot me out for this post, fine. Because if this is how I am going to be repeatedly treated, I don't want to be here in the first place and as a side effect I don't think I will be able to work with you on KotNJO. I have always (excemptign a day or two in the last big disagreement) thought that everyone here, then and now, were and are perfectly reasonable people. I really don't want to be given cause to consider changing my mind.:(

Oh, and regarding the PrC, my questions are the same as those who preceeded me.

EDIT: I'm on EST.

Rostek
11 October 2005, 02:27 PM
Whoaaaa- Calm yourselves, people.
Let's not get hasty here-

I believe the numbers being referred to are kill numbers (someone correct me it that's not what's being talked about)- which (by your own admission) you are greatly interested in (if for some IC reasons as well).
Now, firstly, Psych, I'm sorry if you feel that you're being unduly focused on, it's just that many of us here have had very bad experiances with powergamers and munchkins in the past, and some of your statements, upon a glance, appear to be in that vein.
I'm not saying you are one, of course- with the tersity of internet communication being what it is, it's hard for us to figure out the emotional context of what we're saying to each other (this is in a very reassuring, gentle voice, btw ;)).
That said, how are we supposed to look at statements like these:

Aside from referring (by implication) to the rest of the squadron as inferior to your character, it reads as very... well, whiny is the word that comes to mind, though it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Say that paragraph in the voice of a 12 year old having a temper tantrum, and see how it sounds. Not very good, and very grating.
Now, once again, I would like to reiterate that I'm sure that's not how you intended it to sound, or that I'm sure you weren't having a "tantrum".
But, it does strike (at least me) that you're being a little too focused on the meta aspect of the kills (leveling). Now, I'm sure Korto would fight tooth and nail to get a questionable kill counted as confirmed, but that really isn't appropriate behavior in the meta.
I can appricate you wanting your character to do well- but the insistance seems a little excessive given the virtual guarentee that, unless you die or are disabled very early in the fight, you would get that tenth kill in the next mission. Are you seeing where I'm coming from?

Again- nothing personal here. I sincerely hope this is just a miscommunication on everyone's part here.

Ash DuQuennes
11 October 2005, 03:17 PM
Rostek is a lot nicer than I am, Psych. Frankly, I'm getting sick of your bull××××. Your character is an arrogant, pushy SOB, and you carry it over into the OOC quite a lot, and I'm sick of it.

I responded to you here, in post #78 (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=237840#post237840) about kills-per-level with an IMO piece. Since the same rules apply to me as to the rest of Tempest, I have every right to speak my piece, and to agree or disagree with anyone in this game.

I responded to your "did I hit him or not" dilema here, in post #80 (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=237842#post237842) with first, a correction to your continued and erroneous use of missile lock rolls (not necessary by RCRB rules, which we agreed to use in the last OOC thread), then an agreement that your defense calculations were correct, and that the wild card was the torpedo quality.

And if you'd read what I'd posted here, in post #81 (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=237844#post237844), which is the very next post, the first sentence in that post was:

Originally posted by Ash DuQuennes:

in which I reference having accidentally missed post #75 (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=237834#post237834) in which you were awarded Kill #10.

But since I missed that post, my continuing of the debate was NOT a direct, personal attack upon you.

It was an unintentional oversight on my part; and if you'd look at the date/time stamps on those posts, and apply just a little more mental effort and a little less martyr complex, you'd see why.

Mack Jace
11 October 2005, 03:28 PM
Wow.

That's all I can say to this. I figured that whaen everyone got into a debate about their kills, it would just kinda blow over. Now that this has blown UP (the direct opposite of what I thought would happen), I got to thinking; although Korto can be a thorn in someone's side, he kinda keeps everyone in check. He's the guy that makes everyone work together, for whatever reason. I like having you around Psych, it adds some flavor to the thread, keeps everybody laughing (most of the time). But anyway, I vote to have you stay.

BTW, I am on EST, but prefer PM's to IM's.

Rostek
11 October 2005, 03:35 PM
BTW, I am on EST, but prefer PM's to IM's.

Okay, great, that's all worked out then :)

We're doing Mack and (hopefully/presumably) Psych's deals on PM, and just doing our two promotion types IC.
I'll start working on the questions (and if Vanger has anything specific he wants to ask- he can PM me), and we can get it over with next week.

PsychoInfiltrator
11 October 2005, 05:30 PM
Ahh, now I know what everyone is actually mad at. Thankyou for telling me. (That's not sarcastic, its honest.)

Whoaaaa- Calm yourselves, people.
Let's not get hasty here-

I believe the numbers being referred to are kill numbers (someone correct me it that's not what's being talked about)- which (by your own admission) you are greatly interested in (if for some IC reasons as well).
Now, firstly, Psych, I'm sorry if you feel that you're being unduly focused on, it's just that many of us here have had very bad experiances with powergamers and munchkins in the past, and some of your statements, upon a glance, appear to be in that vein.
I'm not saying you are one, of course- with the tersity of internet communication being what it is, it's hard for us to figure out the emotional context of what we're saying to each other (this is in a very reassuring, gentle voice, btw ).
That said, how are we supposed to look at statements like these:

Aside from referring (by implication) to the rest of the squadron as inferior to your character, it reads as very... well, whiny is the word that comes to mind, though it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Say that paragraph in the voice of a 12 year old having a temper tantrum, and see how it sounds. Not very good, and very grating.

Yup. I was whining. That was (errm...) very poorly phrased and I am very sorry that I posted that. I was pissed off at the time, but that was no excuse. (And I never intended it as saying that everyone else sucks, cause they don't, by not-so-good I meant kill numbers, but once again that was incredibly poor phrasing.) I truly very am sorry. (And, I know it sounds cliche, but it is an honest request, and a habit I need to get back into doing.) Will you please forgive me?

Rostek is a lot nicer than I am, Psych. Frankly, I'm getting sick of your bull××××. Your character is an arrogant, pushy SOB, and you carry it over into the OOC quite a lot, and I'm sick of it.

Well, at least I know where you stand. I appreciate the honesty, I really do. I am sorry that oyu se it that way. Anything other than the repetitive 'don't focus on numbers' that I can do that might improve the way he comes across, or something not already addressed that leads you to those conclusions? Please PM me. (Or post it here if you really want to, this PMing to solve problems really isn't working, and I am quite willing for any and all grievances to be made public if necessary.)

I responded to you here, in post #78 about kills-per-level with an IMO piece. Since the same rules apply to me as to the rest of Tempest, I have every right to speak my piece, and to agree or disagree with anyone in this game.

I responded to your "did I hit him or not" dilema here, in post #80 with first, a correction to your continued and erroneous use of missile lock rolls (not necessary by RCRB rules, which we agreed to use in the last OOC thread), then an agreement that your defense calculations were correct, and that the wild card was the torpedo quality.

And if you'd read what I'd posted here, in post #81, which is the very next post, the first sentence in that post was:

Originally posted by Ash DuQuennes:

in which I reference having accidentally missed post #75 in which you were awarded Kill #10.

But since I missed that post, my continuing of the debate was NOT a direct, personal attack upon you.

It was an unintentional oversight on my part; and if you'd look at the date/time stamps on those posts, and apply just a little more mental effort and a little less martyr complex, you'd see why.

I did in fact read that statement, but I wasn't sure about what you were talking about. And lookign over those posts it doesn't make sense to me about what your problem is because to the best of my knowledge I never said that your IMO piece was bad, unmerited, or anything else alogn those lines. Actually, as I recall, I posted that i agreed with it. ... Upon rereadign it, it appears that my post indirectly agreed with what you said.

Wow.

That's all I can say to this. I figured that whaen everyone got into a debate about their kills, it would just kinda blow over. Now that this has blown UP (the direct opposite of what I thought would happen), I got to thinking; although Korto can be a thorn in someone's side, he kinda keeps everyone in check. He's the guy that makes everyone work together, for whatever reason. I like having you around Psych, it adds some flavor to the thread, keeps everybody laughing (most of the time). But anyway, I vote to have you stay.

I thought it would blow over too. In fact, at several points I thought it had. I guess I was wrong. Interesting perspective on Korto. I never thought about it that way. Actually, I still don't quite get where you are coming from, but I guess Korto has (for better and for worse) predomionantly kept everyone working together to control him. ;) :D

And I'm glad you want me to stay. I do too. Alot. This is (usually) my favorite campaign to roleplay in, and Korto is (predominantly) my fav character. (After checking my inbox, we aren't quite, at least, the only ones who want me to stay.)

Oh, one other thing. A handy dandy PM from a person who shalt remain anonymous unless said person otherwise desires thought that one thing that might have upset Drendar was how in post 84

Without seeing it, all I can promise is to act on the nice end of in character.

Yay! +3 levels, here I come. That is, shortly after I see this new PrC of Drend's.

it may have appeared like I was bugging Drendar to have him let me have three levles. Not so. I thought that because of the rules as I saw (and still see) that kill gives me enough kills (10) that with the mission level up Korto would go up three levels. The very same PM also said that Drendar counted wrong and that's why he said the nine kill thing. If that's true, then disregard everything I have said about Drend reversing a decision because he was mad at me, because its now baseless, unfounded, and merely hurtful.

Drendar Morevo
11 October 2005, 08:08 PM
Huh? What happened? I'm out of it for a little while and everyone starts having delusions... (yes I am being sarcastic).

Psych, I meant that
-Originally your character had 8 kills
-I gave him the ninth
-In a non-angry way I said that your character had 9 kills, non-spiteful either.

Oh andyour character should also remember something. The guy that came over to service his fighter was the Crew Boss for the techs, by all means he outranks you even though you are in SfCom and he is in FltCom at the level of Colonel, time for one of those old fashioned 'Humilty, and sticking a nice foot in the mouth' checks.

EDIT: oh, and youre forgiven.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ash has brought a few issues to my 'desk'.

All NPCs will level up every six missions. PCs will level up at three.

All Further Promotions will be handled by me personally, IOW, none will be doled out any further, command might think it odd that a squadron is absolutely filled with Lieutennants. That is of course until by some stretch you all become Rogue Squadron-esque.

PrC issues.

Consider the BAB at +2 for the PrC

Also add on +4 on all bluff checks against all non-military or paramilitary types to account for egos.

+2 Attack Bonus against enemy Fighter Craft.

Yes you may still use the Starfighter Ace PrC. Or the Jedi Ace PrC if you so desire.

Master Gunner Feats will be instead transposed into the X-Wing/Y-Wing Ace PrC.

Rostek
11 October 2005, 08:23 PM

Ash has brought a few issues to my 'desk'.

All NPCs will level up every six missions. PCs will level up at three.

All Further Promotions will be handled by me personally, IOW, none will be doled out any further, command might think it odd that a squadron is absolutely filled with Lieutennants. That is of course until by some stretch you all become Rogue Squadron-esque.

Huh? I direct you to your first post of the thread:

Promotions I believe are in order
For Dutiful Service
-Flight Officer Crix will be promoted to Lieutennant
-Flight Officer Indayce will be promoted to Lieutennant
-Flight Oficer Zeelas will be promoted to Lieutennant

You promoted them- and I thought it was implicit that you'd be the only one promoting people anyway.
Good call with the NPC leveling too.

Okay, I'll post up my updated Character in a bit.

Drendar Morevo
11 October 2005, 08:33 PM
Yeah... just reiterating.

coldskier0320
11 October 2005, 08:39 PM
Drend,

Forgive me in advance if I'm being a pest. But can I see a full, final, and complete version of your PrCs? They seem too good to be true from where I sit, but you're the GM. :) Also, if its okay with the assembly, and I can make sense of the PrC, I'm gonna make the PrC in TPTCBN. With a little help, I can probably get it out to the people who may or may not use the program. That is assuming, of course, that everyone who's familiar with such things thinks it would be okay. Of course, its not that hard to do yourself either, but I'm doing it anyway, might save others the time. :)

Ash DuQuennes
11 October 2005, 08:42 PM
Master Gunner Feats will be instead transposed into the X-Wing/Y-Wing Ace PrC.

The reason I asked for them for Soldier Bonus Feats is because there's so few of them for a Pilot-oriented character. You can be a (literally!) kick-ass Martial Artist, Melee Combatant, or Shooter, but if you're a Fighter Pilot, you're kinda stuck.

While many other classes have the Pilot Skill as a Class Skill, and can certainly be fighter pilots, the Soldier Class is overall the best class for becoming and being a superior fighter pilot. Soldier Class at least includes Starship Operations, and Starship Dodge as Class Bonus Feats.

I think adding Starship Point-Blank Shot, Gunner, Expert Gunner, Rapid Gunner, Pinpoint Accuracy, and Maneuver Expertise to the Soldier's Bonus Feat List is eminently reasonable.

coldskier0320
11 October 2005, 08:55 PM
I agree with Ash on this one. There's plenty of feats in the HG that should be listed under a soldiers bonus feat list...they just didn't think to say wether or not this held true in SotG.

Rostek
11 October 2005, 09:01 PM
Third concurrance here.

I'd also like to see a final write up of the PrC, 'cause when I went to build, I realized I didn't have the level breakdown.

Drendar Morevo
12 October 2005, 09:36 AM

Prerequisites.
-Level 2
-BAB +3
-Dexterity 15
-5 ATA Kills

Bonuses.

Craft Familiarity.
When Flying craft of choice you gain +2 to defense and +2 to Attack Bonus with onboard weapons. You also gain a +1 resistance to Ion Attacks.

Fantastic Dodge.

Fire-Forget-Hit

Tri-Weapon-Shot

The following can be taken as bonus feats at 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th level Starship Point-Blank Shot, Gunner, Expert Gunner, Rapid Gunner, Pinpoint Accuracy, and Maneuver Expertise.

One Penalty of this PrC, all attack bonuses gained in this PrC only apply to starship weapons. When not in a starship all attack bonuses are reduxed to base for starting class.

Level Breakdown... gah... need my books. And how am I supposed to do a TABLE on this thing...

I can however give you stats on the First and Second Level Ace.

1d8 Vitality per level

1st Level
Save Bonuses
-Ref +3
-Fort +2
-Will +2
Defense Bonus +2
AtkBonus +3 with starship weapons
Bonus Feat

2nd Level
Saving bonuses
Ref +3
Fort +3
Will +2
Def Bonus +3
Atk Bonus +4 with starship weapons

Rostek
12 October 2005, 09:39 AM
Skill points and Class Skills?

coldskier0320
12 October 2005, 10:02 AM
Try making an excel sheet, zipping it up and posting it as an attachment.

Mack Jace
12 October 2005, 12:25 PM
Hey Drend, I remember you mentioning a long time ago that we would be able to mod our droids. Can we still do this?

coldskier0320
12 October 2005, 01:24 PM
On that note, you also never addressed the issue of droids levelling up. At this point, I think theyre fine. Maybe every five or six missions, like an NPC...hey...maybe you had that planned al along. :D You did, of course...didn't you? ;) (That just hit me while i was typing. It makes sense to me, but I'll wait for the official word.)

Ash DuQuennes
12 October 2005, 01:26 PM
Drendar: Can I again request that you edit post#1 to include your House Rules, as well as links to the other OOC and IC threads?

And, uhm, can we adjourn the briefing and move forward some with the game? No one would dare leave (much less break up into back-slapping, hand-shaking, congratulation fests) until the General concludes the debriefing and dismisses everyone.

coldskier0320
12 October 2005, 01:43 PM
Concurring with Ash, I think we can safely move on from the debrief scene, Drend.

Drendar Morevo
12 October 2005, 02:00 PM
Ummm. I have XP HOME Edition... ie no Excell.

-------------------------------------------------------

Droids can still have a custom mod. And they will level up every six, good observation.

The IC will move along as soon as I'm done posting here and doing some edits.

yes I can edit post #1, alluded to above.

Rostek
12 October 2005, 02:03 PM
Indeed- N-Man's computer is down permenantly. He was apparently overly optimistic about the problem :(
He's going to be using the lab computers until he can get a surplus laptop from his dad's work (they're selling off their ancient computers apparently). That should be Saturday or so.
He's using a friend's computer (which is a POS, so he says), and hasn't been able to get on the Holonet b/c of pressing homework needs on both their parts.
He told me this afternoon he'll try to get on a lab computer, but things are pretty booked with midterms, so it might not be until tomarrow or later (should have come here with me- I've got next to nothing to do, since I finished last evening with my midterm paper :)).
So- in short- he's not going to be posting (in his profile- he's already posted through me twice) for the brief.

EDIT: Drend, have you got Word, because Word has a whole section dedicated to making tables.

coldskier0320
12 October 2005, 02:13 PM
Ummm. I have XP HOME Edition... ie no Excell.

:o Oh. I didn't know that home didn't have it...or whatever. Basically, I didn't know you were without Excel. I got Office 2003 from my school for free (unless you count the thousands in tuition :P).

He told me this afternoon he'll try to get on a lab computer, but things are pretty booked with midterms, so it might not be until tomarrow or later (should have come here with me- I've got next to nothing to do, since I finished last evening with my midterm paper ).

Midterms? So it's that time again. I haven't had to write a midterm paper yet (sophmore in college), knock on wood. Though I guess that's cause i haven't taken any sort of english class at all since my junior year of high school. Oh well, my calc 3 test reamed me yesterday, so I guess it all works out. :rolleyes:

PsychoInfiltrator
12 October 2005, 02:25 PM
I am unhappily forced to change what I wrote and say...

This is not the post you are looking for. You van go about your business. Move along.

-until further notice...

Drendar Morevo
12 October 2005, 03:24 PM
*vein pops out on forehead*

Psych... one last chance. Edit your post with this classic obi-wan kenobi line in its stead or else.

This is not the post you're looking for, you can go about your business, move along.

Drendar Morevo
12 October 2005, 04:39 PM
I feel an absolute need to share this with you all, for the good of my wracked brain.

From the Desk of PsychoInfiltrator
To Drendar Morevo

I knew somebody would probably be real mad for me unfortunately having to continue the kills tihng. I was just expecting it to be someone else. Possilby Ash.

I'd just like to point out that I find that kind of censoring rather unreasonable, though I will accede to your request. Personally I believe that if my right to free speech is going to be impeded it should be a mod and I might well appeal to one. Just so give an advanced warning.

With Incensed Regards,
Psych.

Ok. First of all, this isnt America, this is the Internet, therefore free speech and lack of censorship are not guaranteed. Second of all this is my game, not yours, you have literally no right to tell me how to run things. Thirdly I told you if you pressed the issue I would... and I quote
No whining or arguments, or I kick you out. understand me?
That ultimatum still stands... and you do not. Goodbye. You are hereby banned from this game. I'm almost sorry I had to do this. Make another post here and I shall speak to the Mods. And as the GM of this game I have every right to boot you from it.

Norseman
12 October 2005, 06:11 PM
Wow... my computer bites the dust and I take my posts through phonecalls with Rostek and this happens.

(shameless and totally lame joke- In all fairness, he was a Canadian... I need a shower... that was horrible).

I've got nothing to add IC for the briefing. Everything that Crix needed to say was dutifully said through Rostek (thanks man, btw- not that your dear cousin would expect any less ;)).
All my questions about the PrC have already been asked (and most were answered- still waiting on an exact breakdown, though I imagine I'll be picking up a non- X-Wing Ace level for my BAB, then my second will be of the Ace).

Once again... wow.

Rostek
12 October 2005, 06:54 PM
Well, that whole incident was... unfortunate :(.
It's always sad to see a player who doesn't click be forced out of a group (despite his actions, which are subject to group and GM scrutiny, of course).
Still... at least the issue is resolved, which will help things move along a bit, despite the circumstances.
Do you know what you plan on doing with Korto, Drend?
Personally, I'd like to see him just transferred out instead of killed (fits IC, personality conflict and desire for more active role in a squadron), but you, of course, have final say.

(On a happier note: Any time, N-Man... 'snot like I've got anything better to do :D).

dgswensen
12 October 2005, 07:21 PM
It's unfortunate when users disagree, but do try to keep it cordial. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular yet, but please don't let this thread devolve into a flame war.

-dg

Rostek
12 October 2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by dgswensen
It's unfortunate when users disagree, but do try to keep it cordial. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular yet, but please don't let this thread devolve into a flame war.

-dg

I believe that goes without saying... hopefully no one will make a problem with that where none currently exists.

boccelounge
12 October 2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Rostek
I believe that goes without saying... hopefully no one will make a problem with that where none currently exists.

I might! I like a good fight!

Er, no... I'm entirely kidding. I'm actually writing to ask Rostek: do you have any preferences on how Dees'Yah should be introduced? I'm still trying to figure out exactly how it is you and Drendar work together (in terms of who does what)... let me know if there's anything special you need from me.

Drendar Morevo
12 October 2005, 08:01 PM
Oh dear, it strikes me that a Command Structure is Necessary.

1.Chief of State (I believe it is Leia Organa Solo at this time)

2.Admiral in charge of the Anti-Teradoc Task Force, Admiral Ackbar (I take evidence of this from Starfighters of Adumar).

3.Commanding officers of Various vessels. In this case Me, General Morevo.

4.Wing Commander on Vessel, as of IC Time a few minutes ago, Ashford DuQuennes

5.CO of Specific Squadron, in this case Calo Stennic

6.The XO, in this case Vooko Zeelas

7.The various lower level management spots in the squadron

8. You, Dees'Yah, being the most recent addition to the squadron roster, are at the bottom.

I get orders from command. I work with captain stennic and commander DuQuennes to formulate plans (forthcoming thing, has not happened yet, twill be a new feature to IC II). I provide the briefing, you all keep your targets and don't get killed, we all go home at the end of the day.

boccelounge
12 October 2005, 08:15 PM
Oh dear, it strikes me that a Command Structure is Necessary...

8. You, Dees'Yah, being the most recent addition to the squadron roster, are at the bottom.

Awesome. Thanks for the break-down, Drendar. Very helpful.

At least I have an astro-droid to boss around... well, she kind of does her own thing... but "in theory" Dees outranks her... ;)

What I was actually wondering, though, is how involved Rostek is on the OOC "organizational" side of things, for Tempest. I see all this OOC stuff about PMs and IMs and YIMs and whatever-else-Ms, and I just wanted to know if there was anything else I could or should provide to you or him, regarding my character.

Or, we could go shoot at some TIEs. That's always nice, this time of year...

Rostek
12 October 2005, 08:23 PM
I took the liberty of the introduction ;)

As for organization, I think we can handle that IC for you, since there's very little we need to go over. It's assumed you're already famillar with basic military regs (scattered throughout both OOC threads- but worth reading over), so that's not needed to go over. Calo only has a few additional rules, and any question you want to ask- go ahead (so long as they are mostly sane ;).

dgswensen
12 October 2005, 09:36 PM

I only mentioned it at all because certain parties pointed me to this thread as in need of moderation. But I see you seem to have it well in hand. Anyway, just a friendly reminder, carry on. :)

Rostek
12 October 2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by dgswensen

I only mentioned it at all because certain parties pointed me to this thread as in need of moderation. But I see you seem to have it well in hand. Anyway, just a friendly reminder, carry on. :)

I see ;)
Fair enough.

Drendar Morevo
13 October 2005, 07:13 AM
Ok, as of now I am taking suggestions on what to do with Korto Krono, no violence please.

coldskier0320
13 October 2005, 07:20 AM
Anger management? Lol, honestly, I'd prefer to se Korto no killed as well. As for what to do, there IS the possibility of pirate-style desertion, as he feels under-appreciated. Also, his frequent outbursts could get him a transfer somewhere else. In any event, this 'tween mission down-time is the perfect opportunity to make changes, whatever they may be.

Ash DuQuennes
13 October 2005, 01:21 PM
Ok, as of now I am taking suggestions on what to do with Korto Krono, no violence please.

New Republic Intelligence recruits him (whether he wants to go or not!) for Anti-Piracy work.

Rostek
13 October 2005, 01:29 PM

New Republic Intelligence recruits him (whether he wants to go or not!) for Anti-Piracy work.

Oooo- That, I like.

"I'm Agent Kooth- you've been conscripted by NRI Field office for this sector to assist us in the suppression of a pirate group in this sector which has aligned itself with Teradoc. Your file shows you've had dealings with these individuals- this is not a optional assignment, Lieutenant. You're to be on the shuttle in ten minutes.
Captain, my apologies for stealing one of your pilots, but this is very important for overall security in the region. Good day."

Ris
13 October 2005, 01:50 PM
Here's my suggestion: Someone decides to emulate Wedge & look for pilots with issues to make up an, ah, atypical squadron. Korto fit's the profile, so gets pulled to "interview" for it.

(I do think the kindest thing we can do is give the character a nice exit.)

Ash DuQuennes
13 October 2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Ris
I believe Drendar went over what was involved in leveling up, getting promoted & the like in the original OOC. Perhaps Dren could repeat that in this thread for convenience. For the same reason, it would be nice if all players could repost their (leveled-up) PC's.

Commander (I really like the sound of that ;)) Ashford DuQuennes: Adult Male Human, Soldier 5; Init +8 (+4 Dex, +4 Bonus); Def 19 (+4 Dex, +5 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 37/12; Atk +5 melee (1d3, punch), +5 melee (2d4, Vibrodagger), +9 or +5/+5 ranged (3d6-1, crit 20, BlasTech DH-17), +9 or +5/+5 ranged (3d8, crit 19-20, BlasTech E-11); SV Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1; SZ M; FP: 5; Rep: +1; Str 11, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 15, Wis 11, Cha 12.

Equipment: Flight Suit, *Karflo Corporation Thinsuit (Customized), *Tracker Utility Vest (Customized), Military Grade Comlink, DataPad, Code Cylinder, *Credit Chip, R-2 series astromech, DH-17 Blaster Pistol, E-11 Blaster Rifle, Vibrodagger, MedPac, Medical Kit, Toolkit, Electrobinoculars, Glow Rod.

*Equipment marked with an asterisk is personal equipment.

Skills: *Appraise +2, Astrogate +10, *Balance +4, *Bluff +1, *Climb+0, Computer Use +8, Craft (Starfighters) +8, *Diplomacy +1, *Disguise +1, *Entertain +1, *Escape Artist +4, *Forgery +2, *Gamble +0, *Gather Information +1, *Hide +4, *Jump +0, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (Engineering) +6, Knowledge (Tactics) +6, Knowledge (Technology) +6, *Listen +0, *Move Silently +4, Pilot +17, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Durese, Repair +8, *Ride +4, *Search +2, *Sense Motive +0, Speak Basic, Speak Durese, *Spot+0, *Survival +0, *Swim+0, Treat Injury +4

*Skills marked with an asterisk may be used untrained.

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Heroic Surge, Improved Initiative, Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Spacer, Starship Dodge (starfighter), Starship Operation (starfighter), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons)

Rostek
13 October 2005, 06:55 PM
Captain Calo Stennic: Adult Male Human, Scoundrel 3/Soldier 2; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Def 17 (+3 Dex, +4 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 36/12; Atk +4 melee (2d4, Vibrodagger), +7 or -1/-1 ranged (3d8, crit 19-20, Blaster Rifle), +4 melee (1d3, punch), +7 or +3/+3 ranged (3d8, Blaster [Heavy Pistol, BlasTech DL-44]); SQ Illicit barter, Lucky (1/day), Precise Attack +1; SV Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +1; SZ M; FP: 4; Rep: +2; Str 11, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 14.

Equipment: E11 Blaster Rifle, Customized BlasTech DL-44 (Increased Range Inc.), Chronometer [Alliwon Electronics Vennoc-x], Code Cylinder, Comlink [Military], Credit Chip, DataPad [Personal], Flight suit [Padded] (Damage Reduction: 2), Utility Belt, Vibrodagger. Modified R2 astromech, X-Wing fighter ("Wind King"- painted on by Cold after debrief, unbeknownst to Calo- in anticipation of the day Calo gets his own wing, there is only one change to make ;)).

Skills: Astrogate +12, Bluff +9, Computer Use +10, Craft (starfighters) +5, Demolitions +7, Diplomacy +4, Disable Device +4, Gamble +5, Gather Information +3, Hide +4, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (Bureaucracy) +8, Knowledge (Streetwise) +8, Knowledge (Tactics) +10, Knowledge (World lore) +8, Pilot +13, Profession (military officer) +5, Read/Write Basic, Repair +12, Speak Basic, Speak Binary, Speak Huttese, Speak Shyriiwook (Understand Only)

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Heroic Surge, Point Blank Shot, Spacer, Starship Operation (starfighter), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons. vibro weapons)

coldskier0320
13 October 2005, 07:04 PM
Terent Indayce: Adult Male Human, Soldier 3; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Def 17 (+3 Dex, +4 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 36/10; Atk +2 melee (1d3-1, punch), +6 ranged (by weapon); SV Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3; SZ M; FP: 3; Rep: +1; Str 9, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 14.
Equipment: TBD (gotta talk to drend sometime)
Skills: Astrogate +11, Computer Use +9, Demolitions +5, Entertain (soundcaster) +5, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (Tactics) +9, Pilot +14, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Binary, Repair +9, Speak Basic, Speak Binary (Understand Only), Speak Verpine, Treat Injury +7
Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Spacer, Starship Dodge (starfighter), Starship Operation (starfighter), Starship Point Blank Shot (starfighter), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons)

Kills: TIE fighter (2), TIE Interceptor (2), Y-TIE (2), TOTAL 6

Rostek
13 October 2005, 07:58 PM
Oh, and are the SSotG feats being allowed as Soldier bonus feats?
(Thinking about taking a level of Soldier after next mission, assuming I get a couple kills).

Drendar Morevo
14 October 2005, 07:05 AM
No. They are being used as Ace feats.

Rostek
14 October 2005, 07:23 AM
No. They are being used as Ace feats.

I see (well, there you are, gentle inquirers all ;)).

Drendar Morevo
14 October 2005, 07:33 AM
Equipment: TBD (gotta talk to drend sometime)

What do you need?

coldskier0320
14 October 2005, 09:11 AM
I have a weapon crossover from SpyCraft that I'd like to use. It's not by any means necessary. Just a bit of flavor I thought that would be interesting. Basically, when I get a chance, I'll type up the stats and PM it to you. I didn't put any equipment in my original stats, cause I wasn't sure if the NR would supply everything or not (like the 22nd RCs), and now that I know, I'm busy trying to figure out my equipment loadout. :)

Ash DuQuennes
14 October 2005, 10:34 AM
one I didn't even think of until someone else pointed it out for me.

Ash-the-charater is going to have...problems...fighting Bantha Squadron, by dint of his being so far ahead of the rest of the squadron skill-wise. And it's a problem that will only get worse as Ash-the-character progresses and leaves the rest of the NPC Bantha pilots even further behind.

Two things may happen:

Either Ash-the-character is restricted to flying his starfighter wings through the only the most basic maneuvers,

-or-

We have to break Bantha up into elements, with fallenjedi as my wingman (if he ever comes back).

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

boccelounge
14 October 2005, 11:22 AM
one I didn't even think of until someone else pointed it out for me.

Ash-the-charater is going to have...problems...fighting Bantha Squadron, by dint of his being so far ahead of the rest of the squadron skill-wise. And it's a problem that will only get worse as Ash-the-character progresses and leaves the rest of the NPC Bantha pilots even further behind.

Two things may happen:

Either Ash-the-character is restricted to flying his starfighter wings through the only the most basic maneuvers,

-or-

We have to break Bantha up into elements, with fallenjedi as my wingman (if he ever comes back).

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Maybe it won't be as bad as it looks to be.

And, referring to your first option, maybe it's a good thing-- it certainly seems realistic that a wing leader would have to "hold back" when he's running with younger pilots.

Or to think of it another way: he's not holding back, he's "pushing" the other pilots in Bone to greater performance...

Just initial thoughts.

boccelounge
14 October 2005, 11:32 AM
Dees'Yah: Male Duros Soldier 2; Init +4 (Dex); Defense 17 (+3 class, +4 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 18/12; Atk +6 ranged (3d8/DC 18 stun, heavy blaster) or +6 ranged; SV Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1; SZ M; FP 2; DSP 0; Rep +1; Str 11, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 14; Challenge Code B.

Skills: Astrogate +9, Computer Use +9, Craft (starfighters) +5, Knowledge (Starships) +5, Pilot +11, Profession (Starfighter Pilot) +5, Read/Write (Basic, Duros), Repair +9, Speak (Basic, Duros, Mon Calamarian, Sullestese).

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Gearhead, Spacer, Starship Operation (starfighter), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons).

Background: Dees has, in may ways, a typical Duros background. Born and raised on one of his peoples’ orbital platforms, he developed a love for all things electronic or mechanical at an early age. By the time he was fourteen, he was already working for a local SoroSuub subsidiary, maintaining and occasionally piloting the company’s fleet of deep-space ore haulers.

A minor scrape with local law enforcement saw Dees sentenced to two years in a correctional facility. He did the time, but what really hurt was that it threatened his acceptance into New Republic Flight School. Upon his release, Dees spent two more years rebuilding his life and reputation, and was finally rewarded with a stint in the Academy.

These experiences have taught Dees to be appreciate second-chances, and that hard work is the best way overcome life’s setbacks. Newly graduated, Dees is determined to make the best of his opportunities. The Pride is his first active-duty posting.

Personality: Dees is honest, hard-working, and forthright, but a bit naïve and very green, as a starfighter pilot. He seems modest enough to realize his shortcomings, and willing to learn how to overcome them.

R6-C5AN ("Annie"): tracked astromech droid, Expert 6; Init +3 (Dex); Defense 16 (+2 class, +3 Dex, +1 size); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 0/14; Atk +7 melee (1d4+2, claw) or +7 melee (1d2+2, saw) or +7 melee (2d6, arc welder) or +7 ranged; SV Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6; SZ S; Rep +1; Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 20, Wis 12, Cha 12; Challenge Code B.

Equipment: Comlink, heuristic processor, sensors (improved sensors, infrared vision, 360-degree vision) diagnostics package, recording unit (holo), tool mounts (4), telescopic appendage (noodly), magnetic feet, internal storage (2 kg), fire extinguisher,

Skills: Astrogate +14, Computer Use +14, Craft (Starfighters) +12, Craft (Space Transports) +12, Craft (sublight drives) +10, Craft (starship weapons) +10, Demolitions +10, Disable Device +14, Knowledge (Astronomy) +14, Knowledge (Starships) +14, Pilot +10, Read/Write (Basic), Repair +19, Search +14, Speak (Basic, Bothan, Duros, Mon Calamarian, Rodese, Sullustese).

Feats: Ambidexterity, Gearhead, Skill Emphasis (Repair), Starship Operation (starfighter, space transport, capital ship), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons).

Background: The 5AN is a variant of the popular and highly capable R6 series of tracked astromechs. Programmed for versatile duty on Alliance/New Republic capital ships, the droids are multi-role capable. They serve in a variety of duties, including starfighter plug-ins, maintenance/fabrication, and even as emergency crew.

This droid was nicknamed "Annie" prior to being assigned to Dees. His attempts to rename the unit have been entirely unsuccessful.

Ash DuQuennes
14 October 2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by boccelounge

Maybe it won't be as bad as it looks to be.

And, referring to your first option, maybe it's a good thing-- it certainly seems realistic that a wing leader would have to "hold back" when he's running with younger pilots.

Or to think of it another way: he's not holding back, he's "pushing" the other pilots in Bone to greater performance...

Just initial thoughts.

Yes. But it's a problem Tempest won't have, since they'll genreally be levelling together; the differences won't become too exaggerated.

Bantha will only get worse as timne progresses.

boccelounge
14 October 2005, 11:55 AM
Yes. But it's a problem Tempest won't have, since they'll genreally be levelling together; the differences won't become too exaggerated.

Bantha will only get worse as timne progresses.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I guess that when the gap becomes too large, Ash will just have to do something incredibly stupid: accept promotion to a command/flag position. ;)

Drendar Morevo
14 October 2005, 05:04 PM
Alright, I guess instead we can have the NPCs leveling up every Three missions. And since I never really accounted for the NPC Banthas being veterans, put them at +1 levels of what they are now.

Ris
14 October 2005, 05:20 PM
Once I see the new PrC, I'll decide what I want to do with my one level. (Sheesh! If anyone shoulda been bugging Dren for more levels it was me!)

Ash DuQuennes
14 October 2005, 06:17 PM
Alright, I guess instead we can have the NPCs leveling up every Three missions. And since I never really accounted for the NPC Banthas being veterans, put them at +1 levels of what they are now.

I bow humbly before your magnanimity and sagacity. :D

Originally posted by Ris
Once I see the new PrC, I'll decide what I want to do with my one level. (Sheesh! If anyone shoulda been bugging Dren for more levels it was me!)

You could always transfer to Bantha and fly a real fighter. :P

coldskier0320
15 October 2005, 02:04 PM

Oooooh, walking thin ice there... :P

You could always transfer to Bantha and fly a real fighter.

Zinger, there. ;) Actually, I had contemplated something similar for Terent once upon a time. But in the end, I thought: hell, he used to fliy squints...after that a Y would handle little better than a waterlogged brick. :(

Ash DuQuennes
16 October 2005, 03:44 AM

Zinger, there. ;) Actually, I had contemplated something similar for Terent once upon a time. But in the end, I thought: hell, he used to fliy squints...after that a Y would handle little better than a waterlogged brick. :(

It ain't how you get there; it's what you show up with. B)

Vanger Chevane
16 October 2005, 10:25 PM
It ain't how you get there; it's what you show up with. B)
Ask Cold bout the Hammer-series missiles I prototyped for the TZ's Hardpoints. Will give all you Boneheads Ordnance-envy. :D

BTW Drend/Rostek, will Vooko be moving up to a "more traditional" Leadership Slot, like Five or Nine?

Vooko's been re-run thru TPTCBN, haven't gotten a HTML charsheet up yet:

Lieutenant Vooko Zeelas, Tempest Sqdn XO:

Adult Male Human, Tech Specialist 1/Scoundrel 1/Soldier 3; Init +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Bonus); Def 17 (+3 Dex, +4 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 25/12; Atk +0 melee (2d4+1, Vibrodagger), +4 melee (1d3+1, punch), +4 melee (1d4+1, Knife), +6 or +2/+2 ranged (3d8, crit 19-20, Blaster [Heavy Pistol, S-2 Ascension Gun]); SQ Illicit barter; SV Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +3; SZ M; FP: 0; Rep: +1; Str 12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 14.

Equipment: 9000 credits, Blank DataCards (for DataPad, 10), Blaster [Heavy Pistol, S-2 Ascension Gun], Comlink [Encrypted], Credit Chip, DataPad, Electrobinoculars, Field Kit, Flight suit x2, Knife, Medical Kit, Utility Belt, Vibrodagger

Skills: Appraise +3, Astrogate +10, Balance +4, Bluff +3, Computer Use +7, Demolitions +4, Disable Device +4, Gather Information +4, Hide +4, Intimidate +4, Knowledge (Tactics) +4, Listen +2, Pilot +14, Read/Write Basic, Repair +14, Search +5, Speak Basic, Speak Rodese, Speak Sullustese, Spot +4, Survival +2, Swim +2, Treat Injury +7, Tumble +4

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Skill Emphasis (Pilot, Repair), Starship Dodge (starfighter), Starship Operation (starfighter), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)

Ash DuQuennes
17 October 2005, 06:55 PM
Here's a "pay chart" I did for a d6 campaign a looong time ago. While the rank structure will obviously have to be modified, it should serve as an excellent basis for Drendar to figure out our "pay" (and that's assuming he doesn't have something already, in which case, disregard).

It's already in Word and ready to go.

Ash DuQuennes
18 October 2005, 12:08 AM
Or: Insomnia, part (I lost count)

Commander Ashford DuQuennes, Bantha Leader
Craft: The Meanstreak
Droid: "Squeaker"

Flight Officer Dal Bascalar, Bantha Two
Craft: War Pig
Droid: "Sparks"

Flight Officer Horm Aranda, Bantha Three
Craft: The Lucky Strike
Droid: "Hey You!"

Flight Officer Jiuk Yeel, Bantha Four, Squadron Adjutant (Sullustan)
Craft: The Mighty Mouse
Droid: "Mua'd'ib" (Little Mouse, in Sullustan)

Lieutenant Bruck "Puck" Panib, Bantha Five, Squadron XO
Craft: The Last Laugh
Droid: "Jester"

Flight Officer Fyor Panaka, Bantha Six
Craft: The Ronto
Droid: "Jawa"

Flight Officer Sate Kargin, Bantha Seven
Craft: The Crate, Draggin'
Droid: "Dragon"

Flight Officer Quinlan Tam, Bantha Eight
Craft: The Wild Child
Droid: "Brat"

Lieutenant Berukt Kre'ok, Bantha Nine, Squadron Operations Officer
Craft: ?
Droid: ?

Flight Officer Amee Konarr, Bantha Ten
Craft: The Star Swan
Droid: "Grace"

Flight Officer Yush Shild, Bantha Eleven
Craft: The Tusken Raider
Droid: "Gaffi"

Flight Officer Renei Reglia, Bantha Twelve
Craft: The Lover Girl
Droid: "Sweety"

Ash DuQuennes
19 October 2005, 11:48 AM
Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Skill Emphasis (Pilot, Repair), Starship Dodge (starfighter), Starship Operation (starfighter), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)

I was curious: what's behind the reasoning for taking the feat Lightning Reflexes. I think this is the first time I've actually seen anyone take that feat, especially since it's not one of the Soldier-class bonus feats. Although, considering the potential nastines of grenades, I can see where it might come in handy; but it seems to be a very specific, narrow application, even for a feat.)

Rostek
19 October 2005, 01:02 PM
It's also handy for making that DC 15 Reflex save for ejecting from a 0 HP craft before it goes "Boom" ;)

Vanger Chevane
19 October 2005, 01:31 PM

I was curious: what's behind the reasoning for taking the feat Lightning Reflexes. I think this is the first time I've actually seen anyone take that feat, especially since it's not one of the Soldier-class bonus feats. Although, considering the potential nastines of grenades, I can see where it might come in handy; but it seems to be a very specific, narrow application, even for a feat.)

I may have misread/misunderstood the feat when I built the char, bit late now.

I would have taken Ambidextrous, but I recall being told that almost all the usefulness of being so had been sucked out of the feat by the authors.

But having superior reflexes is a definite advantage in both a light- and dogfight, even of it's only during "character moments". IIRC Solo himself also had superior reflexes even if the stats don't reflect it. :D

Ash DuQuennes
19 October 2005, 03:21 PM
It's also handy for making that DC 15 Reflex save for ejecting from a 0 HP craft before it goes "Boom" ;)

Well, they don't go "Boom" until -100 HP or more, which is pretty difficult to inflict with starfighters.

That is, with the one-on-one style you rocket jocks prefer; us Boneheads don't play fair. We gang up on some poor schlub and blow his butt away. :P

But I figure anyone who doesn't eject at the low -HP's is an idiot, and it is my solemn duty to rid the gene pool of such obviously defective genetic material, hopefully before it has spawned.

Seriously, one of the House Rules/Variants I've played with treats ships like characters: dead ("Boom") at -11, with a chance of exploding at any - HP number expressed as an x-in-10 chance based upon your negative HP number.

-2 HP is a 2-in-10 chance (1 or 2 on d10); -7 HP is a 7-in-10 chance (7 or less on a d10). It made for some interesting combat (and some character turnover!). People really started paying attention for "flying defensively!"

Rostek
19 October 2005, 03:35 PM
Huh... personanlly in my games, I've always based it on the base DR of the ship's size, plus 1 per 10 hull points. I must've never read that particular rule and always assumed it was 0. That's why I house ruled it, because I thought that was stupid. Oopsies :D

Ash DuQuennes
19 October 2005, 03:51 PM
Huh... personanlly in my games, I've always based it on the base DR of the ship's size, plus 1 per 10 hull points. I must've never read that particular rule and always assumed it was 0. That's why I house ruled it, because I thought that was stupid. Oopsies :D

Huh. Now that's interesting. So if get you right, a Y-Wing, with a 10 DR and 120 HP, wouldn't go really go Boom until -23 (effectively to -22 HP, from 10 DR + [120/10 =] 12 = 22).

Rostek
19 October 2005, 04:48 PM

Huh. Now that's interesting. So if get you right, a Y-Wing, with a 10 DR and 120 HP, wouldn't go really go Boom until -23 (effectively to -22 HP, from 10 DR + [120/10 =] 12 = 22).

Precisely.

Ash DuQuennes
19 October 2005, 04:58 PM
I like this.

Anyone else? Drendar?

Drendar Morevo
19 October 2005, 07:28 PM
I like it, consider it implemented.

Ris
21 October 2005, 01:01 PM
Away til Monday! If you're in other games with me, please remind folks there. Rissy

Ash DuQuennes
21 October 2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Ris
Away til Monday! If you're in other games with me, please remind folks there. Rissy

Buh-Bye! Have fun storming the castle!

In other news....

Since we've done "Party" twice now (and I'l freely admit mine was done somewhat gratuitously to ease an NPC out of the squadron to make room for *fallenjedi, who has since taken a powder...), I'm not really interested in doing "Party" again IC.

If others want to, I'll go along and post, but I won't initiate "Party" IC.

I'm more interested in some IC interaction, and would consider IM :shudder: if that's what it would take to move some IC interactions along a bit.

*What happened to the Bopsy Twins, and Stirroret, too?

fallenjedi51
21 October 2005, 08:02 PM
this is getting on my very last nerve
every time i try to get online my computer turned think god its fixed now it started doing that shortyl after my last post

Rostek
21 October 2005, 10:40 PM
His eyes gradually adjust to the gloom, and as he stands in the center of the small cabin, he slowly comes to realize that there are two humans engaged what seems to be some sort of pre-coital simian mating ritual, on his bunk...

Best. Description. Ever! :P

Btw, you owe me a hot chocolate and 1.50 in laundry change for my comforter.

Drendar Morevo
22 October 2005, 05:10 AM
Waitaminute...

Who set up the bunk assignments?

Correct me if I am wrong, Terrent went to meet Zarya in her quarters. Dees-Yah supposedly arrives at his quarters to find Zarya and Terrent making out like the ships going down. Anyone see a problem? Male/Female crew quarters my friend, that is the problem in my head.

Now, unless Dees is confused about his room, he shouldn't have thought that room was partly his. Also this brings up another problem, if the room wasn't really his, how did he have the access code to the room?

I'm GM, I'm paid (I wish) to look for discrepancies like these.

This reminds me, I need to find a scanner, I've made deck plans for our vessel on graph paper. Of course they are only necessary decks. Included as soon as I find one are...

-Hangar Deck with specific landing sites.
-Tempest and Bantha specific pilot quarters decks.
-Bridge (slight differences from standard star destroyer bridge).
-Rec. Deck with Onship Bar, Quartermasters, weight room, Auditorium (for special events).
-Ops Deck with Briefing room, Command Quarters and medbay.

You guys will really like these I imagine.

boccelounge
22 October 2005, 11:53 AM
Btw, you owe me a hot chocolate and 1.50 in laundry change for my comforter.

Uh... *checks pockets*... do you except Republic Dataries?

Waitaminute...

Correct me if I am wrong, Terrent went to meet Zarya in her quarters. Dees-Yah supposedly arrives at his quarters to find Zarya and Terrent making out like the ships going down. Anyone see a problem? Male/Female crew quarters my friend, that is the problem in my head.

Now, unless Dees is confused about his room, he shouldn't have thought that room was partly his. Also this brings up another problem, if the room wasn't really his, how did he have the access code to the room?

And a fine job, too. :)

Your second guess is correct: Dees has the wrong room. The whole "getting instructions from a droid" thing was supposed to show that he's not very good at finding his way around on-ship, and easily gets lost. Plus, he was so tired ( :rolleyes: ) by the time he got there, he didn't notice it was the wrong place... (I thought about adding something about him wondering why the dark room smelled like 'girlie perfume,' with perhaps a subtle joke about "Eight's" possible sexual orientation... but I cut that out.)

As for the lock, the idea was that Terent left the room unlocked when he entered... just something I'd worked out with cold and/or gleaned from his post. :)

This whole thing is for cold, so he can keep up the "unlucky in love" angsty thing. Plus, I got to write "per-coital simian mating rituals," which is nice.

(And I find the whole idea that Dees gets lost easily on ships absurdly funny, as he was supposed to have grown up on an orbital space station... )

This reminds me, I need to find a scanner, I've made deck plans for our vessel on graph paper. Of course they are only necessary decks. Included as soon as I find one are...

-Rec. Deck with Onship Bar, Quartermasters, weight room, Auditorium (for special events).

Yes! I LOVE ship deckplans. Bring 'em on, I says.

Mack Jace
22 October 2005, 01:42 PM

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes! I love deckplans too. Helps me out a lot (I'm more of a visual person). Might we also be able to get some for battles? Pretty please?:D

Ash DuQuennes
22 October 2005, 02:20 PM

Well I take it from the context of your post that you've hand-drawn these deckplans; you might be able to render them using Paint and then upload them to the HoloNet.

Time consuming as that may be, it might beat shelling out for a scanner. If you do get a scanner, I'd recommend one of those three- or four-in-one deals like my HP 2410, w/ printer, copier, scanner, and fax all in one machine.

If you can't find a scanner, PM me for my fax number and fax them to me, and I'll scan and upload them for you

Ris
23 October 2005, 11:15 AM
Drendar, Zarya hasn't had a roommate since Red5_5's Elora left & I've mentioned that several times IC. And even I know she's not gonna get a male roommate!

Deckplans sound cool. Do the medical ones show any detail--something more than just a big polygon labelled "Sickbay." or something. I like to know what all is in an area.

Rostek
23 October 2005, 11:27 AM
Deckplans sound kickass, Master GM :P

It looks like we picked up a new 'freakshow' character with Dees to replace K'zk in full time posting. Don't worry, coming from me, that is a major compliment (every game needs one) :D I believe Dees will have an... interesting first couple of days beyond this.

boccelounge
23 October 2005, 12:25 PM
It looks like we picked up a new 'freakshow' character with Dees to replace K'zk in full time posting.

[academic voice]
I prefer the term "light comedic relief."
[/academic voice]

;)

I hope to make him more than just that, actually... play up the goofy side now, but then show him as a steely warrior when it comes to combat. But we'll see if the "dice" betray my intentions... they usually do.

Speaking of, is there a preferred dice-rolling method for this game? Do you guys use an online roller?

Drendar Morevo
23 October 2005, 02:00 PM
No preferred dice roller. I actually go on the honor system.

Actually to be fair... the deckplans are more along the lines of blueprints (minus the fact that there is not a shred of blue in sight) all rooms have set-ups (refreshers, beds, footlockers, etc.) as would the med bay. Should I manage to get to the nearest library within a number of days I should be able to post them.

Cold, only people in proximity to the hangar will hear the klaxxon, its a small localized fire located in an area that could easily become separated from the rest of the ship.

Norseman
24 October 2005, 08:51 AM
Yay, deckplans!
Well, it seems everything is well in hand here. There's really not all that much to post about Crix- he's assumed to be sitting in the caf until it's almost time for the party... then he'll go get cleaned up and whatnot for a brief appearance. ;)

Vanger Chevane
24 October 2005, 02:54 PM
Waitaminute...

Easily covered, similiar to Horn & Page busting into General Salm's quarters between attacks on Blackmoon.

"You'll be rooming with Lieutenant Indayce" Dees get the ship's puter to tell him where Six is, but doesn't tell him that it's not his quarters...or some Slicer on board is having themselves a bit of fun rearranging room assignments.

Drendar, check the computer labs in the Art Department, a nearby Kinko's or other copy center usually has a scanner or two (tho the fee may be exorbitant).

boccelounge
24 October 2005, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all the interest, and cross-talk, but it' really very simple: Dees had the wrong room. It wasn't his. The references IC to "his" cabin and "his" bunk are from his POV, and are wrong. It was dark, the door was unlocked, he was tired/stupid... et voila: wrong room. ;)

Norseman
27 October 2005, 04:20 PM
I've updated for Crix.
Love the scene, bocce, Ris and cold. "Pre-coital simian mating rituals" indeed :D
Oh, and blueprints= yay!

Ris
2 November 2005, 06:42 PM
Let's move things along--including those meetings with Calo. i've been away for a week & still no word on when we'll do those.

Rostek
2 November 2005, 06:58 PM
Indeed- after the meeting with the general (whilst the rest of you do the party, either just skipping through or RPing) well do that stuff (though I don't imagine it will be more than one post per meeting on either party).

coldskier0320
2 November 2005, 09:50 PM
Guess that mean's it's all you, Drend. Lead on, O fearless leader! :D

Ris
3 November 2005, 11:48 AM
Rostek, did you mean we're doing the meetings as posts, or that we'll do them as IM sessions & post from that?

Rostek
3 November 2005, 12:57 PM
Just a regular post. I'll explain the job, and any questions will be answered in a follow up post by me. If you've got additional questions, edit them into the question post, and I'll edit my response appropriately.
Is that a solid enough plan for you guys?

coldskier0320
3 November 2005, 01:01 PM
Sounds great, Rostek. :)

Norseman
3 November 2005, 02:43 PM
Cool with me.

Ris
3 November 2005, 04:58 PM
Let's get going on it then

Ris
5 November 2005, 08:16 PM
Finally got around to my levelup!

Zarya Zeelas: Adult Female Human, Scout 1/Noble 1/Soldier 1; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Def 16 (+3 Dex, +3 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 21/10; Atk +0 melee (1d4-1, crit 20, punch), +4 or +0/+0 ranged (3d6-1, Blaster [Pistol, BlasTech DH-17]); SQ Favor +1, Noble bonus class skill (Disable Device); SV Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5; SZ M; FP: 0; Rep: +2; Str 9, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 15.

Equipment: Heavy Blaster Pistol** w/shoulder holster, Code Cylinder x3, Comlink [Military], Datacard w/ Program x4, DataPad (+2 computer bonus on Intelligence checks relating to Computer Use checks involving downloading. With related datacards +2 bonus to Knowledge checks.), Electrobinoculars, Field Kit (Contains 2x condensing canteens with water purification, 1x sunshield roll, 1x week's worth of food rations, 2x glow rods, 2x breath masks, 24x filters, 12x atmospheric canisters, and an all-temperature cloak.), Flight suit x2, Medical Kit (Medical Scanner, Medical Computer, Spray Hypo with several Medical Vials, Laser Cauterizer, Spray Splint and Bandage, Sonic Scalpel, Bone Stabilizer Compound, Sample Analyzer), Utility Belt (Contains 3 days rations, 1x Medpac, 1x Tool kit, 1x Power pack, 1x Energy Cell, 1x Glow rod, 1x Comlink, Couple Empty Pouches)
**Heavy Blaster Pistol: personalized DT-12 (3d8+1 dmg, range: 8m, Crit: 19 - 20, 2kg, Stun DC 18)

Skills: Astrogate +9, Climb +0, Computer Use +7, Craft (Draw & paint) +4, Craft (Simulator Programs) +6, Diplomacy +7, Disable Device +3, Knowledge (Logistics) +7, Knowledge (Music) +3, Listen +5, Pilot +11, Profession (Skiff Racer) +3, Read/Write Basic, Repair +8, Sense Motive +5, Speak Basic, Speak Rodese, Speak Ryl, Survival +4, Swim +0, Treat Injury +4

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Heroic Surge, Martial Arts, Spacer, Starship Operation (starfighter), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons)

Notes: *Utility Belt contains: 3 days rations, 1 Medpak, 1 toolkit, 1 Power pack, 1 Energy cell, 1 Glow rod, 1 Commlink, Couple empty pouches)
*Flight suits: (1)Green A-wing flight suit & life-support gear with X-wing Helmet
(2) Tancredi Racing flightsuit/gear/helmet
*New Republic uniforms, Flt. Lt. insignia & A-pilot wings
*Personal Starfighter: TZ-Mark I A-wing, "Heartbreaker"
*Civilian clothing: includes (1) Little Black Dress, (2) sapphire blue gown with tranluscent blouse, (3) fashionable green, silver & black jumpsuit (4) Crystal pendant

LordSei
6 November 2005, 04:03 PM
Ummm..sorry ive been gone a litle while :(
How many kills do we need to lvl up i checked the old ooc and i couldnt find it, thanx.

Ris
6 November 2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by LordSei
Ummm..sorry ive been gone a litle while :(
How many kills do we need to lvl up i checked the old ooc and i couldnt find it, thanx.
I looked & couldn't find it in this thread & I'm pretty sure it's here too. Anyways, here goes:
The first level-up is 5 kills. These first 5 kills also make you an ace, & get you your Lt's pips (if your pc is flight officer).

Please note that this applies to in-game kills only. Kills that are part of a PC's backstory do not count towards those perks. (Well, possibly for Ace, but that would be Drendar's call.)

IIRC, future level-ups take more than 5 kills and further promotions are up to the GM. Drendar, could you post the details of this again, since that's now 2 of us who are having trouble finding it?

Drendar Morevo
6 November 2005, 07:25 PM
Check First Post above the Links and below the PrC prototype.

LordSei
7 November 2005, 01:09 PM
THx to both of you:D

Ris
9 November 2005, 08:56 AM
Dren, those of us who aren't involved in the meeting with the General have nothing to do if they aren't interested in party-posts, or (like me & Cold) got a bit ahead of the timeline. I expected that Calo would get with our pc's a lot sooner--so if you have no violent objections, I'd like to post that the meetings for Zarya & Six got pushed back, so that Cold & I can do some other things besides waiting outside Calo's office. I've been talking with Cold about maybe looking up Dees-Yah and/or Vooko.

boccelounge
9 November 2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Ris
Dren, those of us who aren't involved in the meeting with the General have nothing to do if they aren't interested in party-posts...

Yeah, ditto that for me. Not a complaint, mind you; I just haven't sensed an "in" for me to post IC in a while.

I'm not much on solo/monologue/internal IC stuff, so consider Dees'Yah to be waiting more-or-less patiently until there's dialogue and/or action to be had. ;)

Norseman
10 November 2005, 06:27 PM
Sorry for the long wait and the spotty posting.
Sadly, it'll continue for the next week and a half or so. I got sick a while ago, nothing bad- just mono*, but I now have to make up lab work, so I'm kind of busy now :(

* And no- I sadly didn't pick it up the fun way. I'm fairly certain I recieved it drinking from a communal... er, bucket at a frat party with some unconciencious reveler.
Without the sore throat, mono would be the best illness in the world. I got to sleep for 14 hours a day and watch TV (and write papers, of course- but nothing hard), and couldn't go to class. If I would have been able to, you know, eat or drink, then it would have rocked hard.

Norseman
10 November 2005, 06:30 PM
Oh, and I'm not familiar as some of the others here with military regs, but I believe it is not standard practice for off-duty officers to carry weapons aboard ship.
Just checking, even though I deliberately took Crix out of the fight because of my inablility to say with any certainty that I'll be able to post in the next week.

Ash DuQuennes
10 November 2005, 06:36 PM
You would probably be correct. Something I've wanted to mention IC to "Calo" was the formation of a "Ready Flight" when in normal space, comprised of two fighters from each squadron.

Any "Ready Flight" would obviously be geared up, but everyone else probably would not. In most "Aircraft Carrier" movies I've seen, flight crews typically have a small "safe" in their quarters for their issue sidearms. Whether this practice holds true IRL or not I can't say, but it seems reasonable enough to me to suppose that in our IC case, it wouldn't be totally out-of-line.

LordSei
10 November 2005, 06:44 PM
if you want me to change it i will but i still have concealed vibro-blade in my character post it says i ALWAYS carry it.

Rostek
10 November 2005, 07:25 PM
Ok... once everyone's done killin' things in the Gym, we'll get 'a rest' (probbly a post through...) and talk to Calo.

I don't imagine the Navy would be too cool with people walking around with carbines off-duty (or short swords for that matter, especially with no ranks of Sleight Of Hand). A pistol and/or boot knife, however, and during a time of war and in-theater is probably reasonable.
I don't really see (physically) how one could hide a two-foot long sword "attached to [one's] leg" in almost any military dress, and especially in a "dark black flight suit", which would require one to nearly undress in order to access such a large weapon.
It may very well be just that I can't that way, and it exists. If so, please, someone...

And N-man... hehehehe ;). Hard sciences= sad (that's why I'm a history major :D).

boccelounge
10 November 2005, 08:03 PM
I don't really see (physically) how one could hide a two-foot long sword "attached to [one's] leg" in almost any military dress, and especially in a "dark black flight suit", which would require one to nearly undress in order to access such a large weapon.

Hmm... so my "hold-out heavy repeater" is probably a no-go? Dang.

(That's a joke, son, a joke.)

But seriously, I vote on the side that off-duty personal would have no sidearms at all, and no weapons bigger than a knife, if that. Will follow GM's discretion, of course.

That said... I'd like to place Dees in the gym... but I'm a little confused. Guards? Cellmates? Is this a gym attached to the ship's brig we're talking about here? Or is it a general-purpose gym that just happens to be in use by... prisoners?

I realize there's a bit of "GM throwing a curveball" here, and I don't want to know all the 'secrets'... but a little detail on the who/what/where would help, just so I can figure out how and and why Dees could get involved. Thanks in advance.

Drendar Morevo
10 November 2005, 09:20 PM
Ok a little clarification is in order...

Personal Side-Arms during off duty hours are permitted during war-time, especially on a front line vessel.

Reason for guards. A Gym frequented by pilots and officers would make a tasty target for a saboteur wanting to take a bite out of the command structure on-board, therefore there are guards on station on all people-heavy areas of the ship. Such as the ends of the corridoors in the Pilot Crew quarters, but currently they are between shifts.

Important things to note.
-Pilots who make a 10 Spot Check will see a man at the door.
-Pilots who make a 15 will also see an arm hanging out the door, one of the dead guards.
-A complementary Awareness check of 15 will note that the man at the door is not a regular member of the crew.
-Anyone with prior imperial expirience on a 15 roll will notice that they recognize him somewhat or somehow.

Rostek
10 November 2005, 10:03 PM
Good, thanks for the comfirmation (not like it matters to me).
But, what constitutes a sidearm? A pistol, or does that expand to rifles like the carbine, or swords as well?

Drendar Morevo
11 November 2005, 04:01 AM
Sidearms are...
-Handguns, no carbines or rifles.
-One handed melee weapons such as vibroblades, daggers, needles, A disc balde would also be considered on a request basis.
-Collapsable weapons such as a collapsable quarterstaf or a lightsaber.

Anything else will have to be pre-appd. by me.

Rostek
11 November 2005, 07:10 AM
Alright, great.
So, the General as approved open wear of such weapons (my only objection to a vibroblade is that I cannot for the life of me figure out how one can conceal one in a flightsuit pant leg, which isn't a problem anymore).

LordSei
11 November 2005, 07:31 AM
Ill change my post, and vibro-blades aren't 2 feet long, there just a normal combat knife which is less than a foot, but with vibro technology.
In The New Essential guide to weapons and technology it says "vibro-blades are easy to conceal, inexpensive to acquire and maintain, and require little training or strength to use effectively."

Rostek
11 November 2005, 07:53 AM
Ill change my post, and vibro-blades aren't 2 feet long, there just a normal combat knife which is less than a foot, but with vibro technology.
In The New Essential guide to weapons and technology it says "vibro-blades are easy to conceal, inexpensive to acquire and maintain, and require little training or strength to use effectively."

That's a vibrodagger- which, technically, is also a vibro blade, but not a vibroblade, which is a short sword (to use D&D parlance) with vibro tech. The Essential Guides are nice, but are overridden by RPG material.

Drendar Morevo
11 November 2005, 10:12 AM
First Revision.

VibroDAGGERS, not VibroBLADES, are allowed

Vanger Chevane
11 November 2005, 01:54 PM
Alright, great.
So, the General as approved open wear of such weapons (my only objection to a vibroblade is that I cannot for the life of me figure out how one can conceal one in a flightsuit pant leg, which isn't a problem anymore).
It doesn't work like that in a Combat Theater.

First off, we presume you're On Duty and wearing some sort of non-PT (exercise/workout wear) uniform during the day. That Uniform comes with a belt, to which is affixed the holster with sidearm, and usually a pouch for a few spare ammo clips.

Trying to mix your Duty Weapon and off-duty dress is a NoGo, and can be difficult (How do you make that DL-44 accesorize well with an Evening Gown and still be easily used? :P) to accomplish at all.

Rostek
11 November 2005, 02:13 PM

It doesn't work like that in a Combat Theater.

First off, we presume you're On Duty and wearing some sort of non-PT (exercise/workout wear) uniform during the day. That Uniform comes with a belt, to which is affixed the holster with sidearm, and usually a pouch for a few spare ammo clips.

Trying to mix your Duty Weapon and off-duty dress is a NoGo, and can be difficult (How do you make that DL-44 accesorize well with an Evening Gown and still be easily used? :P) to accomplish at all.

I'm aware of the US .mil regulations- but this might be one of those situations where straying from Earth tradition fits bit more with both IG differances and meta concerns.
SW has more of an "Old West" style, where openly wearing weapons at all times in a warzone would be more "normal".
I don't know though- GM choice, obviously

Drendar Morevo
11 November 2005, 07:32 PM
Indeed it will.

If a female character want to wear a hold-out in a leg holster under an evening gown... I could care less, unless of course she wants to cut down some people in the restaurant.

I am going to continue allowing the wearing of personal sidearms.

LordSei
12 November 2005, 09:09 AM
just wondering could i change to having a vibro-dagger then, my original idea was that id be able to wear it alot and to be able to conceal it?

Drendar Morevo
12 November 2005, 05:49 PM
yeah go ahead.

Mack Jace
13 November 2005, 04:50 AM
Morec Birtrok Human Soldier 4; Init +2; Defense 17; Spd 10m; VP/WP 29/13; Atk +5 melee or +7 ranged, heavy blaster pistol (3d8/20); SV Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2; FP 3; DSP 0; Rep +1; Str 13, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 13.
Equipment: Heavy blaster pistol, padded flight suit, comlink.
Skills: Astrogate +12, Computer Use + 9, Knowledge (world lore) +9, Knowledge (streetwise) +9, Pilot +12, Repair +9.
Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Force Sensitive, Skill Emphasis (pilot), Skill Emphasis (astrogate), Spacer, Starship Operation (starfighter), Weapon Group (pistols, rifles, heavy, simple, vibro).

Morec Birtrok grew up on the planet of Corellia, with his father and three brothers. He was the youngest of the four, and watched his brothers leave their home, to join the Rebellion in the fight against the dying Empire, after Endor. He knew that one day, he would follow in his brothers' footsteps, and join the New Republic. Before joining up with the New Republic, he worked as a guard for CorSec, where he honed his excellent piloting abilities even further.

Morec travelled between a few squadrons, going where he was needed most. Morec was promoted to Lieutenant after obliterating an ambush on a convoy that he was to protect. Morec can be a little paranoid when it comes to his ship; when it needs repairs, noone is allowed to touch it except for him. He gets along fairly easily with others, has a great sense of humor, and spends most of his free time in simulators, honing his skills to perfection.

Morec stands 1.7 meters tall, has tousled brown hair, and vivid green eyes. He has amuscular build, weighing in at only 187 lbs. He wears his flightsuit like a second skin, and carries his DL-44 in a holster, hidden in a secret pocket in his suit.

Ris
13 November 2005, 04:02 PM
Computer issues are sorted out. Our computer hates me--and sulks at My Hubby the Tech...

fallenjedi51
13 November 2005, 05:24 PM
guess what i am back from vacation and ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeee
these are my stats after lvl ing up

Berukt Kre'ok
Berukt Kre'ok Male Bothan Scoundrel 1/Soldier 2 Init+4 Defense 18 Spd 10m vp/wp 25/12 Atk+2 melee(2d6/20 Vibroblade) +7 ranged(3d8+2/20) Sorosub Renegade Heavey Blaster Pistal range 8m); sv Fort+4, Ref+7, Will+1; sz M; Str13, Dex18, Con 12, Int16, Wis10, Cha 10
Equipment: Padded Flight Suit DR2,Sorosub Renegade Heavy blaster pistol , Credit Chip(480),Vibroblade, Utility Belt.
Skills: Disable Device+7, Escape Artist+8, Gamble+4, Sleight of Hand+8, Treat Injury+2, Astrogate+11, Computer Use+9, Demolition+7,Craft+3 Intimate+4,Knoledge Starfighter+9, Pilot+11, Profession(pilot)+5, Treat Injury+2, Read/Write Basic, Repair+9,Speak Bothan, Speak Basic, Speak Huttese, Speak(understand) Shryiwook,Speak Zabrak
Feats: Armor Profiency(light), Starship Operation(starfighter),Skill Emphasis(Pilot), Spacer, Weapon Group Profiency(pistols, rifles, heavy, simple, vibro Blade

Personality:Berukt is a young stubborn pilot always trying to help people. His first love was flying his second was girls. He is convinced he is the best pilot in the galaxy and wont change his mind.

Apearance: Berukt is a yonge Bothan who has Jet black fur due to a Genetic disorder. He has a slim toned body.He is 22 weights 66 kilos his eyes are yellow. His flight suit is Jet black with green metalic pads his vibro blade is conceiled in on the back of his Padded flight suit. He has a Soro Sub Renegade Heavy Blaster Pistol slung down in a holster.

Backround : Berukt came form the Hot and dry planet Tatooine. He was a slave to a minor hut named Bardaga the Hutt. It wasn't a bad life because he awlways got to take out ships and speeders and fly them around. The Hutt pictured him as a useless Bothan. His parents were slaves that cooked so the Berukt naturally became a slave. One day when he was 15 the big green slimy Hutt ate his parents so Berukt got very very angry with the Hutt and snuck into the weapon depot and grabed a thermal detonator case. Berukt snuck outside of his chamber and threw 20 to 25 thermal detonators in there. When he walked in the Hut was dead and so was every one else there was blood every where. After that when the other huts caught wind of what had happened they immediately posted a 200,000 credit bounty. Berukt thought the best thing to do would be to run. So Berukt went to a local store and got supplies like a weapon. Berukt jumped aboard a ship as a stowaway and he did that for 3 years till one day he saw a add for The Republic Accademy on the Holonet and he decided to join. Many say he would have graduated better in his class if he wasn't awlways looking out for Bounty Hunters.

P.S. If any one has any problems or needs explanation on my skills or what ever just reply.

Drendar Morevo
13 November 2005, 07:02 PM
Oh good, Berukt can speak one language General Morevo can't speak... Zabrak.

Norseman
13 November 2005, 07:27 PM
Updated Stat Block:

Lieutenant Crix Ralter: Adult Male Human, Scout 2/Soldier 2; Init +4 (+4 Dex); Def 17 (+4 Dex, +3 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP -/14; Atk +4 melee (1d3+1, punch), +5 or +1/+1 ranged (3d6+1, Blaster [Pistol, BlasTech DL-22]), +5 or +1/+1 ranged (3d8, crit 19-20, Blaster [Carbine]), -2 melee (2d4+1, Vibrodagger); SQ Trailblazing; SV Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1; SZ M; FP: 4; Rep: +1; Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 14.
Equipment: Blaster [Carbine], Blaster [Pistol, BlasTech DL-22], Code Cylinder, Comlink [Military], Credit Chip, DataPad [Personal], Flight suit [Padded] (Damage Reduction: 2), Utility Belt, Vibrodagger
Skills: Astrogate +11, Bluff +3, Computer Use +9, Demolitions +7, Hide +6, Intimidate +3, Knowledge (Bureaucracy) +6, Knowledge (Tactics) +8, Pilot +16, Profession (military officer) +5, Read/Write Basic, Repair +10, Speak Basic, Speak Binary, Speak Huttese, Spot +3
Feats: Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Spacer, Starship Operation (starfighter), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, simple weapons)

Flight Officer Ralter is a Coruscani human male who looks like he could have stepped out of a recruiting poster. Tall (6'3'') and muscular-thin (180 lbs) with closely cropped blond hair and big brown eyes, Ralter is usually a hit with the ladies and with PR officers, though of late, he's taken on a bit of a melencholy tone since the gravity of combat sunk in after Tempest's first mission, which has put a damper on his social skills.
Crix puts the "brash" in brash pilot- he is undoubtedly extraordinarily talented as a pilot- he scored top marks in his training class, but is very reckless in his actions in-and out- of the cockpit, though once again, of late, he has entered a conservative phase which should pass after he becomes more comfortable with his profession.
Ralter wears his standard issue blaster pistol on his hip, over the standard issue orange padded flight suit.
Crix joined the Rebellion 2 years ago at age 16- buying passage off Coruscant with his life savings and showing up on Mon Calamari three weeks later with a duffel stuffed with clothes and some cash. His parents, bureaucrats with the New Republic patent office, were not amused, but they seem to be fairly resigned to their son's decision, based on the corrospondance he's recieved from them.
Ralter is a standard egotistical prankster pilot- his talent keep him alive despite his questionable decision making skills.

Drendar Morevo
13 November 2005, 07:30 PM
General Drendar Morevo Human Noble 3/Soldier 3/Officer 5; Init +1; Defense 16; Spd 10m; vp/wp 40/12; Atk +5 melee or +6 ranged; SQ Favor +1, inspire confidence, leadership; sv Fort +4, ref +6, will +7; FP +3; DSP 3; Rep +4; Str 10, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 12.
Equipment: Modified T-6 Heavy Blaster Pistol, code cyllinder, comlink, datapad, uniform, rank insignia, 1st degree corellian bloodstripe, Victory Class Star Destroyer Pride of Corellia, pet Katarn Kashimial, old Corrective Lenses.
Skills: Astrogate +4, Bluff +9, Computer Use +6, Diplomacy +9, Gather info +12, Knowledge (bureacracy) +6, Knowledge (tactics) +12, knowledge (military history) +6, Intimidate +8, Pilot +5, Profession (officer) +10, Repair +1, Sense Motive +6, survival +1, Speak Basic, Speak Durosian, Speak Bothan, Speak Old Corellian, Speak Selonian, Speak Huttese, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Durosian, Read/Write Bothan, Read/Write Old Corellian, Read/Write Huttese.
Feats:Armor Proficiency Light, Frightful Presense, Fame, Persuasive, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Skill Emphasis (gather information), skill emphasis (profession [officer]), starship operation (capital ship), starship operation (space transport), weapon focus (blaster pistol), weapon group proficiencies (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons).

Quite Possibly the third most Laid Back general in the New Republic Armed Forces.
General Morevo was born on a town near the outskirts of Coronet City and forever saw his destiny among the stars, commanding a fine vessel and protecting all he cared for. He enlisted in the Corellian Military and while in service earned the Corellian bloodstripe for bravery, and a promotion of it for heroism in the line of fire. He left the Corellian Military to join the New Republic Armed Forces, was put in as the captain of the Carrack Cruiser Sungem and fought as captain of that vessel throughout the zsinj crises untill his further promotion to the rank of General. He then took command of an aging yet completely able captured Victory Class Star Destroyer, the Pride of Corellia, formerly known as Blood Arrow. When it came time to finish off the warlords Teradoc and Harssk his vessel was called to the front and the vessel given a brand new fighter squadron to complement the veteran squadron on board. After the recent events at Commenor and Amarin, he is starting to understand what it is like to be the master of ones own destiny, though he would say to his friends in the field "Don't worry, it'll all be over soon, how soon, I'll never know."

General Morevo stands 5'11", 226 pounds, dark brown hair, blue eyes, wears a mustache and archaic Corrective lenses on some worlds known as Glasses.

Ash DuQuennes
13 November 2005, 07:52 PM
Morec Birtrok Human Soldier 4; Init +2; Defense 17; Spd 10m; VP/WP 29/13; Atk +5 melee or +7 ranged, heavy blaster pistol (3d8/20); SV Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2; FP 3; DSP 0; Rep +1; Str 13, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 13.

Uhm, shouldn't your Initiative be +3, with a Dex of 16?

Originally posted by Norseman
Updated Stat Block:

Lieutenant Crix Ralter: Adult Male Human, Scout 2/Soldier 2

Skills: ...Pilot +16...

;) I'm glad to see that someone in this short-Wing can "keep up" with their "Wing Commander!"

Vanger Chevane
13 November 2005, 08:42 PM
Got all my stuff revised and separated, excepting Drend's answer bout JC77.

Here (http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/VC/Era.htm)

Rostek
13 November 2005, 08:46 PM

;) I'm glad to see that someone in this short-Wing can "keep up" with their "Wing Commander!"

Well, when I get my next kill and level up after next mission, I'm taking Skill Emphasis (Pilot), so that should very nearly put us on par as well ;)

coldskier0320
13 November 2005, 08:50 PM
Heh, Terent is maxxed out at +14 (Dex +3), so I'm sure he'd fit right in with Bantha...if you could put a hornet up the slow fighter's ass, that is! :P j/k

boccelounge
13 November 2005, 08:58 PM
Got all my stuff revised and separated, excepting Drend's answer bout JC77.

Nice stat pages, Vanger.

I've been wondering: what's the relationship between "Tempest Vooko" and "Reb 1 Vooko?"

Do you just treat them as "alternative realities" or some such? Just asking out curiousity.

Rostek
13 November 2005, 09:19 PM

Nice stat pages, Vanger.

I've been wondering: what's the relationship between "Tempest Vooko" and "Reb 1 Vooko?"

Do you just treat them as "alternative realities" or some such? Just asking out curiousity.

Q:TU is "Bizzaro Star Wars", wheras this is"regular" Star Wars :P

Vanger Chevane
13 November 2005, 09:42 PM

Nice stat pages, Vanger.

Terras really helped with the graphics & cleanin up the layout of the Era page after I'd left for home Friday.

I kinda consider Tempest Vooko as an Alternate Reality as IIRC the timeframes are too close for this one to be "Vooko Jr."

What happened is I'd originally created him for RG1, but at the time it had stalled, and when Drend's game openend up, I had a fully-built and test-played character ready. :D

TPTCBN also really helps crush the numbers. ;)

coldskier0320
13 November 2005, 09:45 PM

Vooko. Not Stormy, Vooko. Oh God...::shudders at the thought of replacing Vooko with Stormy::

LordSei
14 November 2005, 12:30 PM
Sei Takaris
Sei Takaris Male Human Soldier 2 Init+3 Defense 16 Spd 10m vp/wp 19/14 Atk+3 melee(2d4/20 Vibro-Dagger) +5 ranged(3d8/19-20 Blaster Carbine range 20m); sv Fort+5, Ref+3, Will+1; sz M; FP 2; DSP 0; Rep+1; Str13, Dex17, Con 14, Int14, Wis12, Cha 11
Equipment: Padded Flight Suit DR2, Blaster Carbine, Credit Chip,Vibroblade, Utility Belt.
Skills: Astrogate+7, Computer Use+7, Demolition+4, Intimidate+2, Pilot+11, Profession(pilot)+6, Read/Write Basic, Repair+7, Speak Basic, Speak Huttese, Speak Shryiwook, Treat Injury+6
Feats: Armor Profiency(light), Heroic Surge, Skill Emphasis(pilot), Starship Operation(starfighter), Weapon Group Profiency(pistols, rifles, heavy, simple, vibro)
Personality :Sei is a young ambitious pilot looking for some action in the military. He’s also kinda shy, but a bit of a ladies man. He’s not exactly paranoid but he always carries his concealed vibro-blade.
Appearance: Sei is a young man he has Jet Black, blue-tipped spiked hair, Dark green eyes. He has a muscular build and is about 6ft tall and 187lbs.Hes pretty much always wearing a Dark Black flight suit and carries a blaster carbine and a concealed vibro-dagger attached to is leg.
Background: Sei comes from a far off planet near the unknown regions in an uppermid-class home. His father ran a small shipping business in which he always took the shipping ships for joy rides, after that his parents sent him to military school. Shortly into his time there his parents were murdered by imps and he hates them sincerely. He finished his time at military school and went to the New Republic academy. He would have graduated with more honors if his involvement with women was a little less. He’s fresh out of the academy and is looking for some revenge on the Imps and the Pride is his first assignment.

If anyone has any problems let me know.:D

boccelounge
14 November 2005, 02:29 PM
LOL... that actually works well for me; I had a NPC in a RL game called "Captain Koss" who was (mostly) a villain... so I'll consider him the "Bizarro" version of the (mostly) good-guy Koss in Q:TU Reb 1.

If anyone has any problems let me know.:D

Well.. I got this bum knee... hurt it skiing a few years back, now I'm worried arthritis is setting in, and I'm WAY too young for that...

Nice of you to ask though. ;)

Vanger Chevane
14 November 2005, 02:31 PM
Out of curiousity, does anyone have a clue what Tempest Squadron's colors/logo is?

LordSei
14 November 2005, 03:25 PM
Well.. I got this bum knee... hurt it skiing a few years back, now I'm worried arthritis is setting in, and I'm WAY too young for that...
Thats better than me, the first time i went skiing my skiis and poles went flying and then i hit a tree and blacked out, it hurt lol :D i wonder if vader has ever skiied??

Out of curiousity, does anyone have a clue what Tempest Squadron's colors/logo is?
I dont have the slightest clue but thats a good question.