PDA

View Full Version : IC thread: Sons of Djanakai



Pages : [1] 2

RemyLeBeau
5 October 2005, 01:50 PM
Sons of Djanakai

Four friends by association are hanging out in the Blue Cat Bar, a dirty and hazy pub where locals like to brawl. Today nothing seems out of the ordinary - scattered groups of conspirators in some deed or another, a government supervisor having a drink with a representative of Janda the Hutt, and the occasionall offworlder; all mixed in with a thick smoke and slightly mournful tunes from an overpriced jukebox in the corner.

Alright. Now post. :D

Stormrider
5 October 2005, 02:33 PM
We hang out in this hellhole..Why? Blah probably because of the cheap booze. and the decent information Fin offered a grumble as he took a sip of cheap Alderranian ale. ....Fierfek.......

Uron Teff
5 October 2005, 03:00 PM
Jerec walks back from the bar with two drinks in his hands and sits down next to Fin. Reaching for his cigarets he turns his head towards Fin.


[Jerec] Well budy, when did you say the ship will be ready? Oh... and here's your next.


He puts the next Aldarian ale infront of Fin and grins slightly as he sees that his 'old' one was almost as full as when he had left the table to get one more.

Dressed in his usual dark cloth Jerec looked more like a stock brocker than like somebody who just got out of the poky. Well actually he wasn't realy in prison he just stayed there for the night.

He lowers his voice to add even more.


[Jerec] You know, I want to leave this Backwater World as soon as I can.


He takes a nip on his Rodian beer before he lights up a cigaret and exhalates joyfully. Viewing the table with his friends only one thought crosses his mind I hope these Hutts aren't after me. I'm endangering them with my presence. Considering his thought quickly he banishes it out of his mind. We need eachother to get of this rock

Stormrider
5 October 2005, 03:41 PM
Just need to run the checks on the hyperdrive and ion engines...Fierfek! Jerec do you have to smoke one of those sithspawned things right now!? The rodian teenager growled.

Fin offered a sigh and took a large gulp of his cheap ale. ....Heard you spent the night in the Hutts dungeon. That true?

Uron Teff
5 October 2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Stormrider
....Heard you spent the night in the Hutts dungeon. That true?

He turns his head around to take swift look through the cantina and then finally bending over the table again.


[Jerec] Hell yes. Just been there for a couple of hours. But this finally made up my mind.


Taking another look through the cantina view if somebody was watching them he manages to inhalate one more deep breath from his cigaret and then crouching it in the ashtray. He leans once more over the table towards Fin.


[Jerec] Damn. And I think I got a hell of an idea. Maybe there is loads of money in for us. Interested?

Stormrider
5 October 2005, 04:11 PM
...........Long as we don't hurt no one. I don't see why not

Uron Teff
5 October 2005, 04:26 PM
Barly making not to laugh out loud he views his Rodian friend with interest. Despite the fact that Jerec looked awfully they all were in the same mood as last time they met.


[Jerec] I know, Fin. I know. But the problem is that if you steal something from a Hutt this'll hurt the Hutt.


Turning around for the third time now to view the filled cantina he grabs his cigaret box and pulls out once more one of those "death sticks". As he lights it he bend over the table again.


[Jerec] But details later.


Sitting up straight again he switches the topic to the cause they had met at the Blue Cat Bar.


[Jerec] Do you need more parts? Is something missing? Remember if anything goes right, we'll have to leave this rock quickly.

Stormrider
5 October 2005, 04:43 PM
...A chance to hurt one of the Poodoo smelling slugs? When do we start? Fin offered a wicked grin.


Parts? Naw...unless you can get some guns..We're good. A shudder ran through his body.

Fierfek! We're almost out of here...Just a few more days.

Uron Teff
5 October 2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Stormrider
...A chance to hurt one of the Poodoo smelling slugs? When do we start?

Amused by the interest of the Rodian he starts to consider their odds to make it. To make both tasks first to lighten the moneybag of some Hutt and to get away alive.


[Jerec] Well, first of all, we need some do some reconnaissance to get this started.


Viewing the two others ditting at the table he continues.


[Jerec] Well actually I need the three of you to get everything done. So what do you think? Wanna do some thing lucrative and slightly dangerous, than your with me. So your either in or out. It's your call.


Jerec takes one final nip on his Rodian beer and then stands up and starts to move towards the bartender to get another one. On quarter of the way he stops, turns around and 'shouts' to his three remaining companions.


[Jerec] Does anybody else want something? Alderian ale? Rodian beer?

RemyLeBeau
5 October 2005, 07:13 PM
Holy schmeck! You guys just took off on the posting deal - and all in just 3 hours too!

The smoky bar continues to be a smoky bar. Someone kicks the jukebox and the music skips. Fin notices a cute Rodian wink at him from across the room.

When Jerec gets up to get another drink his movement stirs the smoke in slow circles around his shoulders. However soon the smoke is disturbed by a rush of hot, sandy air from outside. A swoop gang makes themselves comfortable at the bar, hassling the waitress and talking loudly.

Biker1 - - Hey baby, you wanna get me a nice big glass of Mintar's Brew?
Waitress - - Right away.
Biker2 - - Don' you say nothing other than 'right away'?
Biker1 - - Hey now - I wouldn't mind if she 'right away'ed me, if ya get what I'm sayin'?
Waitress - - !! *sets down Mintar's Brew*
Biker3 - - Well what am I, bantha fodder? Gimme some of what he'd got!
Waitress - - Right away.

darth_wyld
5 October 2005, 11:56 PM
Joyl stands up from the table, his halfemptied stained glass in hand.

[Jerec] Does anybody else want something? Alderian ale? Rodian beer?

Thanks, I'm fine!

He looks at the bikers, shaking his head.

We gonna get a hard winter. Biker scum is early for this time of the year.

Lowering his voice further he looks at Fin and Jerec.

You know what I'd like to drink? Corellian Ale... in a bar in Coronet City. What's the stat concerning our... project?

Stormrider
6 October 2005, 05:04 AM
Just need to run the final checks the hyperdrive and Ion engines. and we're ready to go. Fin said softly.

Uron Teff
6 October 2005, 05:53 AM
Returning with another glas of Rodian beer Jerec hears Joyl speaking.



We gonna get a hard winter. Biker scum is early for this time of the year.


Yeah! Maybe... wait, what's that? sensing a disturbance in the Sway he stops his walk back and turns around taking a swift look through the whole cantina. Can't figure out where. Maybe I was mistaken? Shaking his head he returns to the others at the table.



You know what I'd like to drink? Corellian Ale... in a bar in Coronet City. What's the stat concerning our... project?


Corellian Ale, in a bar on Coruscant. That's what we all want. Stubing out his cigarette he rests his head on his left arm, daydreaming. That'll be the things I want to do in my life. Precicely, I want to do it NOW. Standing there with a beautiful Twi'lek playmate with loads of money in my pockets. Yeah! This is realy where I got to be. Awakening from this short imagination his first view falls on Fin fancying with the 'cute' Rodian woman.


[Jerec] Fin? FIN? Djanakai to Fin... Is everything in place up there?


Glancing from Fin to the Rodian woman and from the Rodian back to the other Rodian he adds.


[Jerec] Fin?! Can you please stop drooling?


With finishing this sentence a large Smirk appears in Jerec's face.

Stormrider
6 October 2005, 06:10 AM
He saw the Rodian girl offer him a wink. Fin offered a smile back. Snapping out of his reverie. He offered a snarl to Jerec. Mind your own business!

darth_wyld
6 October 2005, 06:24 AM
I think we should talk about our... project... someplace else... maybe that I'm getting paranoid but I got a bad feeling about this...

Joyl was eyeing the assorted holes and tears in the ceiling above them.

By the way... Jerec... you'd better not give too much attention to some hottie staring at Fin while the waitress over there is staring at you! Priorities, man!

Stormrider
6 October 2005, 06:37 AM
Fin suddenly noticed the swoop gang. ........Frak. Swoop scum. Just what we need...

Uron Teff
6 October 2005, 06:37 AM
[Jerec] Waitress? Where? Loking at me?


Quickly his upper body part turns towards the bar to search for this waitress but his view rests on the loud and obtrusive swoop gang.


[Jerec] Change location is a good idea, Joyl. Maybe we should go somewhere else? But where?


Downing his Rodian beer he stands up and starts to pack his stuff together. His cigarettes. His lighter. I think I got everythink. Viewing again through the whole bar.


[Jerec] Maybe we could visit our nice little property. This would be the place to discuss everything.


He starts to move out of the bar.

--------------------------------
OOC: Two thoughts of mine:

Is Skywalker's char with us? Known as The Pilot...
I suggest I paid the drink when I got them.

Stormrider
6 October 2005, 07:23 AM
...Guess your right. The rodian muttererd softly. His mind was elsewhere. Running off a mental checklist of the things that needed to be done and dreaming of the places that they would visit. He started out of the bar.

RemyLeBeau
6 October 2005, 02:35 PM
Fin and Jerec both step outside the bar and are immediately blasted with a jet of hot air blowing from the south. Large clouds, low to the ground, were blowing in. Suddenly both their notices on their comlinks bleeped, displaying this message:

Attention all citizens in the T-89 to DT-00 area:
Your area had been deemed hazardous level B1 by your local goverment. Please seek shelter in the nearest building until further notice. Thank you for your cooperation.

Uron Teff
6 October 2005, 04:58 PM
Clipping his comlink back to his belt he turns away from the street back to the bar.


[Jerec] Well Fin, you can do what you like, but I don't want any trouble with the cops again. What reminds me, I have to call one of them till tomorrow morning.


Pushing open the door of the bar again he enters the building checking if Joyl was still sitting where they left him.

-------------------------
Spot check:
13 (roll) + 1(WisMod) = 14

Stormrider
6 October 2005, 05:23 PM
The rodian offered a hiss Oh yes. I'm going to go out and dance in the storm!....Fierfek do you think I'm stupid? With one last glance outside Fin ducked back into the bar.

((Remy. Your putting on one heck of a show. I'm loving this campaign already!))

Uron Teff
6 October 2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Stormrider
Oh yes. I'm going to go out and dance in the storm!....Fierfek do you think I'm stupid?

Jerec feels his buddy behind him. Damn, that he always takes things personal. Stopping in midstep he swings his arm so that his hand rests on Fin's shoulder.


[Jerec] C'mon, ol' buddy. Take it easy. Don't be so gravely. I was just kidding. Nonetheless I thought you might wanna spend the next few hours with some of your tools and machines rather than with me and Joyl and this cute Rodian girl... well, actually she was very, VERY cute.


With a broadly based grin he pushes Fin inward.


[Jerec] What would you say if I walk over to the Rodian girl and ask her if she would like to join us, huh? Maybe there is this waitress again. And hopefully I'll find someone for Joyl.


Damn, somehow I'm a bit drunk... shouldn't drink anymore of these Rodian beer Jerec thinks as he walk with Fin arm in arm back to their table. I switch to Alderranian ale.

Stormrider
6 October 2005, 06:22 PM
Fin offered a grunt. and absently followed after Jerec. ......... Eh. I guess it would be nice to talk to another rodian..

Uron Teff
6 October 2005, 06:50 PM
He leers at Fin.


[Jerec] I knew it. You're a real Rodian hunter...


The rest of this sentence isn't hearable for Fin because of the fact that Jerec moves in the direction of the cute Rodian. Maybe there will be some action today... I mean tonight.

While he walks over to the Rodian he searches after a beautiful Twi'lek or human or both for Joyl and himself.

Stopping his search as he steps near the female Rodian. Obviously she hasn't noticed him so he takes the chance to examine the Rodian. Shortly after this he steps close and touches her arm.


[Jerec] Beg your pardon, MIss. Two Alderranian ale and a Rodian beer for table 14.


Giving her ten credits he turns around and starts to walk away from her knowing that she is no waitress and also hoping that she will be upset about that he has thought so. I hope this works. Hopefully she'll follow me in order to correct my mistake. Almost laughing about this pick-up attempt he walks away from her.

-----------------------------------
OOC: I hope this isn't a too subtle pick-up. And hopefully she'll react the way Jerec thinks she'll react.

darth_wyld
6 October 2005, 11:40 PM
When Jerec heads out of the bar Joyl gives a sigh and looks at his half emptied glass. He shakes his head, looking at the two going outside. He takes a big gulp of his drink and stands up to follow when both reenter the bar.

He watches Fin return while Jerec walks over to the rodian girl.
Looking at Fin with one eyebrow raised he asks:

Are you staying? Or are you trying to confuse me?

Stormrider
7 October 2005, 02:17 AM
Storm brewing outside

RemyLeBeau
7 October 2005, 09:00 AM
Suddenly the walls and windows rattle from a gust of wind. The lights flicker for a moment, but the bartender switches to a personal generator and everything stays on.

"Attention - ladies, gentlemen, whatever - I've just recieved a notification from Central Command. The storm is currently building to a level 6 storm, so it looks like we're going to sit tight until it blows over." You notice that the drink price just doubled.

Jerec just finishes 'putting the moves' on the Rodian, and her expression is indignance tempered by suspicion and curiosity. Also, as Jerec walks back from the bar, the waitress who was originally serving hastily takes a break and walks into the kitchen, amid cries from several biker scumbags.


- - - - -
Joyl, roll a Listen check OOC please - submit via PM.
Jerec, just for future reference: something trivial like finding Joyl again won't need a roll.

Stormrider
7 October 2005, 09:12 AM
A thought pierced the absent minded rodians cluttered brain...As to why Jerec would approach the waitress...Piece of Poodoo! Fin offered a growl and stomped from the table. over to a to a corner booth and sat down. Womanizing piece of garbage...

darth_wyld
7 October 2005, 11:33 AM
Joyl suddenly looks straight up at the ceiling, his eyes searching. Then he looks around, searching Fin. Seeing him in the corner booth he hurries over, slumping down beside him, leaning close. He starts to whisper.

OK! That does it! Something just popped and sparked in the ceiling above the bar! No more word about our project and stuff! THEY are listining! Sith! I sound like I'm on bad spice!

Uron Teff
7 October 2005, 12:20 PM
Jerec returns from the bar at the table where Joyl and Fin used to sit only to find this table empty. Huh? Where are they? Turning on his heals he scans the whole cantina just to find his two friends sitting in one of the corners of the cantina. Why?... lets ask 'em.

Maneuvering himself through the people heading for the empty table he moves towards the booth in the corner. As he reaches it a questioning expression lays opon his face. Putting his arms on the table he eyes them with a suspicious glimps in his eyes.


[Jerec] Why are you now sitting here? The cute Rodian won't find you here Fin.

Stormrider
7 October 2005, 12:47 PM
Go away! ......Ya know how I feel about this ..kind of activity...ya piece of Poodoo!

Uron Teff
7 October 2005, 12:50 PM
With a very confused look upon his face Jerec barly manages to stand. Is he realy talking to me? I don't know why he should be so upset...


[Jerec] What's the problem, pal? I don't know why you're so upset.

RemyLeBeau
8 October 2005, 08:19 AM
The Rodian girl seems to be thinking, then orders two Alderranian Ales and a Rodian beer, then carries them over to table 14 with a grin. She sets them down on the table and playfully asks,

"Will that be all?"

Uron Teff
8 October 2005, 08:33 AM
Jerec smiles as she approches to the three of them. I cannot belive that she is doing this..


"Will that be all?"


[Jerec] No, not exactly. May you favor us with your attendance?


With an inviting gesture he points at the seat next to Fin. Still smiling he takes one of the Alderranian Ales and puts it right in front of the offered seat.

Catching Fin's eye he shortly blinks to make him understand that everything is okay. I hope you wo't forget it... you choleric Rodian.

RemyLeBeau
8 October 2005, 12:36 PM
The Rodian girl sits down close to Fin and smiles coyly.

"Hi! My name's Aeira. What're yours?"

The bar rattles a little in another gust of hot air - the storm had been raging for thirty minutes and still showed no signs of stopping. Noone could access the weather, their comlinks horribly underpowered and the bar's LYNK access already choked with ionized sand. The price of drinks doubles again.

Stormrider
8 October 2005, 12:44 PM
If looks could have killed. Jerec would have been vaporized several times over as the rodian glared at him.. He offered a tight smile to Aeria. Fin.

Uron Teff
8 October 2005, 01:01 PM
Not giving any sign that he had notived Fin staring at him he took one of the drink (the Rodian beer), puts it right infront of Fin and taps Joyl on his shoulder.


[Jerec] Well this is Joyl. And I'm Jerec.


Taking the last Alderranian Ale and putting it right in front of Joyl he continues.


[Jerec] Hm... I should have ordered one more.... But anyways, I hope you don't mind my little attampt. How else could I have managed to follow me to our table?


Catching a short view of Fin he starts to smile at his reaction. Dude, be thankful that she's sitting next to you. Focussing back on Aeria his hands move to his pocket searching for his cigarettes. Hold it, not when a lady's at the table.

Standing up again he thinks about the whole situation. Should start a conversation...


[Jerec] I hope you don't mind if I to bar again to get me something to drink. Oh, by the way Aeria, Fin is a bit shy, so why don't you take the first step and tell us something about your life... I'll be back soon.


As he turns away from the table he could barly manage not to laugh...

Stormrider
8 October 2005, 01:08 PM
I'm going to get you. Jerec you piece of Poodoo! Fin muttered. and then he remembered Joyl. and whispered back .....unlikely as it is. Your probably right. the Hutt's own this place. Heard it from my mentor. Reny.

Uron Teff
8 October 2005, 01:27 PM
As Jerec moves away from the table with his friends he scans the bar to find the human waitress who was staring at him minutes ago. Where are you, honey? Where are you.

-------------------------
OOC: I'll edit this post if Remy says if I find the waitress or not.:D

darth_wyld
8 October 2005, 03:25 PM
Joyl answers Fin only with a short nod. He sinks down on his seat, his shoulders going high, his head nearly vanishing in his parka. He murmurs some greeting towards the girl and concentrates on finding the bottom of his glass.

RemyLeBeau
8 October 2005, 07:34 PM
Aeira giggles, then starts into a quick description of her life.

"...and so I'm working nights at the factory, but today I was taking a break. And it seems like it was a good day - this storm is the perfect excuse for showing up late, isn't it?"

She picks up her drink and raises it up.

"A toast - to long breaks and new friends."

RemyLeBeau
8 October 2005, 07:40 PM
Double post - sorry.
Will some kind Moderator please delete this one?

Uron Teff
8 October 2005, 08:48 PM
After a unsuccessful scan through the whole bar Jerec abandons the hope of finding the human waitress. As he steps up to the bar he lays his hand on the very a sudden flash of light passes his inner eye. Blue shapes and grey shapes melt into a rush of movement. The feelings dread and danger move up to his attention out of nowhere. Surprised by this rush of emotions Jerec only finds a moment to focus before the picture is gone.
The kitchen... someone... I have to find out...

Without paying attention to the approching bartender he steps away heading towards the entrence of the kitchen. With a few steps he surrounds the bar and steps behind it. Curious what he will find in the kitchen he walks straight to the its door, hesitates a moment Let's do this. and pushes it open...

RemyLeBeau
8 October 2005, 09:21 PM
Jerec steps into the kitchen, which is considerably brighter than the bar, and closes the door behind him.

darth_wyld
9 October 2005, 02:53 AM
Joyl stops drinking, smelling on his glas. He then takes Fin's glass, looking at it's contents, smelling on it. Putting it back with a shrug.

Are they doubling the prices and watering down that stuff or is somehting very strange happening here...

RemyLeBeau
9 October 2005, 11:51 AM
Joyl, after making his last comment, suddenly seems less conversational, and a little more reserved. His eyes glaze over for a second, but then he seems to clear his head and continues talking, his words a little less clear than before.

He continues talking slowly for a few more moments, but then lays his head on his hands, unconscious the moment his head hit the table.

A waitress comes out from the kitchen (not the one that Jerec was following) and walks over to Aeira.

"Excuse me ma'am, there's someone on the hard line who wants to talk to you. They say it's urgent."

Aeira gets up and walks over to where the cable-based phone hangs on the wall. The waitress puts on a smiling face and pretends to take their glasses, but hisses in a low voice:

"Rodian. Get you and your buddy's carcass into the back kitchen. Now."

Stormrider
9 October 2005, 12:26 PM
Fin offered a grunt and with great effort hauled Joyl's drunken form back into the kitchen. He wasn't feeling to hot himself........Sithspawn! What's going on here? he asked the waitress.

RemyLeBeau
9 October 2005, 01:14 PM
"Just. Get. In. The. Kitchen." The waitress says ugrently, and helps support Joyl over one shoulder. A couple customers, now irritated and angry at being stuck here for so long, look at him questioningly.

"Too much Alderranian Ale," says the waitress with a smile.

Stormrider
9 October 2005, 01:20 PM
Fin offered a grunt. and hauled Joyl into the kitchen with the waitresses help. His green skin had begun to look slightly pale. and his stomach was going nuts. Poodoo! What could this be about?

darth_wyld
9 October 2005, 01:30 PM
Mumbling: Don't wanna work in the fields momma... lemme sleep...

RemyLeBeau
9 October 2005, 01:45 PM
Fin and Joyl arrive in the back kitchen and are met by Jerec and the waitress he was following earlier. The waitress who helped Fin goes back out, probably to continue hassling and delaying Aeira.

"Quickly now, there is very little time. What does Aeira want with you?" Asks the remaining waitress urgently. Joyl continues to mumble things.

Stormrider
9 October 2005, 01:50 PM
Frac...Ask Jerec. He's the one who brought her over to the table. ...

He offered a groan as he thought about the tone of the question. ............She works for the Hutts. It wasn't so much a question as a statement.

Uron Teff
9 October 2005, 02:04 PM
Jerec views Joyl as he muthers again something inapprehensible. He walks toward Fin who was carrying Joyl and helps him to get Joyl on a chair.

[Jerec] I just saw her noticing you, Fin, and just thought that you want a bit conversation. Why haven't you told me about her?

Facing the waitress again.

[Jerec] And to answer your question, I don't know what she wants from us. Anyways if I knew why should I tell you? How do we know that we can trust you?


------------------------------
OOC:

Bluff check: 9(roll)+4(ranks)+2(ChaMod)=15
Empathy check: 13(roll)+3(Ranks)+1(WisMod)= 17
Sense Motive check: 8(roll)+4(ranks)+1(WisMod)= 13

I hope this'll do...

Stormrider
9 October 2005, 04:16 PM
Just a guess.....

RemyLeBeau
9 October 2005, 05:14 PM
She looks at Fin with a raised eyebrow.

"...and it would be a wrong guess. Aeira is working undercover for our Factory state and seems to have taken an interest in you three. Why, exactly?"

She listens to Jerec explain himself, and doesn't seem to buy it.

"If that Rodian had no suspicion of you, she wouldn't have put knockout drops in your friend's drink. What is it that she suspected? If you aren't going to tell me, then I can't help you."

Uron Teff
9 October 2005, 05:47 PM
SHortly thinking about her response Jerec considers that she was right. I sense truth in her words. And the sway isn't telling me otherwise. So...

[Jerec] Well just let us say that we do not want to stay on Djanakai forever and that we have thought about a way to get of the named. And we're nottalking about buying us a passage off this rock. Lets say we constructed something... something big... something capable of traveling long distances withing seconds... ah... we have built a starship. Now you know everything about us.


Feeling queesy he looks at his two friends. One of them was to drunk to realy consider the value of this conversation and the other was cursing him for the last quarter of an hour. I hope my feelings are true otherwise our next trip will be into jail.

[Jerec] Now you, what's the plan to get out of here. And besides that may I ask why you are helping us? Who are you working for to put yourself between the 'Law and Order' and us the 'delinquents'? Are you working for a Hutt?

Steping nearer to the 'waitress' her words come back into his mind...
Quickly now, there is very little time.


[Jerec] As long as you think about the answer we should start moving out of this bar and out of this kitchen. The Inquisitor might be easily distracted but not stupid enough to think about possible locations where we could be. So you don't mind if we move towards the exit while you explain who you are and what you do...

RemyLeBeau
9 October 2005, 07:25 PM
She smiles and her face takes on a warm light.

"No, not working for any Hutt. Something a little... bigger. Oh, and you can't get outside anyway - there's still that sandstorm, remember? I have a better escape route."

She opens the door to the walk-in freezer and motions for them to enter. Once inside, she calmly closes the door and walks toward the back. She pushes a cart of frozen meat aside, and pulls up a trapdoor, exposing a dim tunnel underneath.

"By the way - my name's Ajessa." She says, then disappears down into the tunnel.

Uron Teff
9 October 2005, 07:40 PM
Ajessa... sounds lovely...maybe we could get to know eachother a bit better...oh... maybe I should stop dreaming... Remembering how his mother was capable of affecting and sensing the Sway he tries to isolate his thoughts. Mama always knew what I was thinking... maybe she can sense it the same way?
With Joyl on his right shoulder he steps into the hidden entrance and follows Ajessa still wondering what she was talking about. Bigger than a Hutt? A Rancor? Imaging the picture in his inner eye he smiles over the thought what has passed his mind. The Empire? Why should an Imperial Agent help us? He considers this thought and putts it, a glimps of a second later, into the the drawer with all his stupid ideas next to the idea of becoming a famous shockboxer and the idea of starting a swoop rental on Kessel.

RemyLeBeau
9 October 2005, 08:12 PM
The tunnel slopes downward reeking of dirt and ozone from the dim bulbs spaced every ten meters or so. Cramped and damp, there seemed to be no end to the body-dragging and the pervasive cold humidity. It filled Fin and Jerec's lungs like a cloud of spores.


Ajessa... sounds lovely...maybe we could get to know eachother a bit better...oh... maybe I should stop dreaming...
Ajessa, almost imperceptibly, makes a little '!!' noise. Before Jerec could be sure she had stopped for what seemed no reason.

"Ajessa, second Private, with three guests. Current code is: Green Bantha Eighty-eight."

For a moment the two conscious friends doubted her sanity, but then realized she was speaking to a legion of tiny assassin droids - almost twelve of them, each bristling with poisoned barbs and such small bodies that they would not have been even noticed in the dim light. Once Ajessa was cleared, they burrowed back into the earth, watching the three newcomers with ultraviolet eyes.

After a few sharp turns and sharper descents, they arrived at a durasteel door set into a reinforced base. A tiny slit opened and appraised the four before the door opened. Beyond the door was what seemed to be a very large and very full warehouse. But, judging by the steep drops, it was well over twenty feet underground!

Inside was a pleasant white noise of clicking keyboards, video feeds from several areas around the Blue Cat Bar, the steady tappa-tappa-tonk-tappa-tappa of a hydrogen generator, and a group of people holding a conference in one corner. Once Jerec and Fin came through the door, the leader of the conference, a great bear of a man, came and shook their hands warmly.

"Hello, hello! You must be the three friends Ajessa brought with her - here, I'll take this poor lad off your hands... hup!"

He took Joyl in two massive hands and carried him over to a medic's table, where another member of the conference had already begun to set up a general antidote SPAR treatment. The big man, dressed in a deep blue suit with black accents, introduced himself as Degran. He took both Jerec and Fin in turn and held them out at arm's reach, scrutinizing some aspect of their faces, then proudly procaiming,

"These boys have good hearts. Good job, Ajessa."

Uron Teff
9 October 2005, 09:04 PM
Jerec takes a look around the facility they were in and decides that this was the right moment to ask questions. Facing the man who had spoken seconds ago he looks him straight into the face.

[Jerec] Now, I think you should answer us some questions.

Turning around pointing at the entrance he adds.

[Jerec] What in the name of Crestin Krallen was this? A miniture droid army?

Not finished with his speech he steps towards Ajessa.

[Jerec] What is this place? And don't start with...'This used to be a fridge...', I don't buy stuff like that anymore.

Finally turning to face the man who had introduced himself as Degran he completes his rush of questions.

[Jerec] And nonetheless by all the astroides in space who are you guys? Who are you working for?


-----------------------------
OOC: Sorry that I sound like Robin from 'Batman and Robin'... "Who in the name of the circling wheal..." or " In the name of Bobby the clown bla bla..". Sorry. :o :P

darth_wyld
10 October 2005, 12:25 AM
He took Joyl in two massive hands and carried him over to a medic's table, where another member of the conference had already begun to set up a general antidote SPAR treatment.

While being carried Joyl made some feeble gestures mumbling: Nah, dad! This time YOU clean the nerfs!

After the treatment started to take effect his eyes started to focus again...

Hey! Fin! I just had a strange dream. We fled from a storm into a giant fridge. There where big bugs that wanted to steal our drinks and then... where the frell am I?

Stormrider
10 October 2005, 03:42 AM
Under the bar........in a tunnel Fin said.

......Why the Frell are you helping us ma'm? He asked.

darth_wyld
10 October 2005, 04:22 AM
Joyl stared at Fin, openmouthed. He looked around, looked at the people and the room...

Again, with help-files please... we are where... scratch the where, we are here WHY?

Stormrider
10 October 2005, 04:32 AM
........That piece of poodoo female put knockout powder in your drink and Ajessa here was "nice" enough to bring us here. Jerec...has informed them of our little..project.

darth_wyld
10 October 2005, 04:50 AM
Great! I get knocked out once and Jerec confesses our plans... WHICH ARE COMPLETLEY HYPOTHETICAL just some drunken ideas... we would never! Ever! do such...

He looked around again.

Great! We are frelled!

Uron Teff
10 October 2005, 04:56 AM
Laying all the weight of the Sway behind his words Jerec replies his two friends.

[Jerec] It wasn't my idea to meet in this bar, right Fin? And I wasn't to drunk to react to anything what happened, right Joyl? So you two SHUT UP and let these people answer our questions before you keep on insulting or even coursing me.

His eyes moving back to Degran he waits for a response.

Stormrider
10 October 2005, 04:58 AM
Naw ya don't think! Fin growled to Joyl. The Rodian was getting stressed. He needed a piece of tech to work on and badly. His offered the same vaporizing glare to Jerec as he had in the bar. The rodian had gotten even more pale..and his stomach was going to explode soon. Frack.... and he barfed up the cheap booze and meal. Puke now stained the dirt

darth_wyld
10 October 2005, 05:09 AM
Taken aback by the power of Jerecs words but not a person that likes to back up Joyl answered:

I did NOT insult you. I stated a fact. And I did not intend to get drunk. You know exactly that two drinks... correction, one and a half drink would do that to me. Most certainly not what they serve up there. So be so kind as to refrain from telling me to shut up.

He stood up from the table, swaying.

Whoah! Someone stop the room please, this makes my headache worse...and Fin... please stop that or I'll join ya.

Uron Teff
10 October 2005, 05:16 AM
Suprised by this Jerec feels confused and looks back on the words he just said.

[Jerec] Sorry Joyl. I haven't meant to yell at you, pal. It's just... why in the Ether are we tracked down by a Social Inquisitor? Sorry, I overreacted.

Hearing Fin puke he turns towards his position. Well nice done, Fin. Makes a good impression on our new hosts...

[Jerec] Damn, Fin! Is everything alright?

Jerec move to Fin and puts his hand on Fin's back slightly rubbing it.

RemyLeBeau
10 October 2005, 08:21 AM
Degran laughs as the three friends try their damndest to keep the ship a secret.

"Hahaa.. oh don't worry about being reported, lad. This - " He waves his hand in the general area
" - is the Rebellion headquarters on Djanakai. That should answer most of your questions. The droids you saw were a security measure, and I think it's obvious who we're working for, now that you know who we are. And the Social Inquisitor, that Aeira, probably is tracking you down looking for evidence of your.. hypothetical starship."

Stormrider
10 October 2005, 08:34 AM
The Rebellion....Fierfek...and what do YOU want with us? We're just Three backwater kids. Fin growled. He pondered the odds of getting the hell out of here alive.

The Rebellion! We're in deep Poodoo now! I wonder...Oh no...Fierfek! She doesn't work the Hutts! But the fracking Imp's


How l did the Imp's find out about us? Fin asked bluntly.

Uron Teff
10 October 2005, 08:46 AM
Jerec shakes his head at the last question from Fin.

[Jerec] C'mon! This can't be hard to figure out, Fin. Remember.... we were buying parts for a Spaceship, right. And with a bit effort it was easy to figure. I haven't thought that the Imps are so... obsessed with keeping people on this planet. Anyways, you are working for the Rebellion. Why have you helped us? What do you gain from helping us? There must be something... are we in your debt now, or what?

Glimpsing at Ajessa he guesses about her role in this organization. His thought are getting wings and he is daydreaming about becomingone of the leaders of a military organization like the Rebel Alliance. Again considering the odds that this won't happen he puts this thought in the drawer with the other daydreams. Taking a deep breath he focuses back on the moment.

RemyLeBeau
10 October 2005, 09:59 AM
Degran considers his answer carefully before replying to Jerec.

"Well, we have shown a great amount of trust in you to bring you here. We are also in need of supplies and weapons. To be blunt, we want your ship."

darth_wyld
10 October 2005, 10:06 AM
Well great. Be our guest. Frell I knew it. All the same no matter where. Hutt, Imp, Alliance. Well at least you got the frelling style to do it to our faces, eh? Just a bit drugging and pushing around....

Joyl stomps towards Degran, still a bit swaying but his eyes show he's ready to fight.

Tell you what? I'll at least take the chance to crush your nose flat into your frelling face frell your trust you no good shipjacking...gnnn... huttbladder!

NO MATTER HOW LARGE YOU ARE!!!

RemyLeBeau
10 October 2005, 10:14 AM
One of the men sitting at the conference desk stands up and says,

"Now, young man, you're not exactly in a position to bargain."

Degran nods his assent, and continues:

"It's for the common good - and besides, what choice do you have? You can side with us, or you can walk. There's the exit."

-- -- --

Note that there is still a wicked sandstorm out!

Uron Teff
10 October 2005, 10:19 AM
Tell you what? I'll at least take the chance to crush your nose flat into your frelling face frell your trust you no good shipjacking...gnnn... huttbladder!

Not hesitating Jerec steps right foreward between Joyl and Degran. With his arms pushing Joyl backwards he looks him right in the eye.

[Jerec] Well Degran, I thought that you would ask us something like this. And actually I don't see any problem to deliver any packages for the Alliance if our hypothetical starship would be... ready to take of. But you might notice if it would be so, we weren't here anymore.

Pushing Joyl even farther away he speaks out loud once more.

[Jerec] If you are helping us to finish the ship and if you grant us a paycheck for our efforts we should be able to help you. But that's just what I say, I have to talk to my partners before I could make such a decission. So will you excuse us for a moment. Fin! Joyl! I want to have a talk with you two... privately!

With this he moves into an unoccupied corner of the room. If this works, we'll be on our way to glory and riches non of us ever dreamed of...

RemyLeBeau
10 October 2005, 10:36 AM
The small area is filled with machinery and assorted clutter on every side. There is nowhere to speak 'in private'. Degran spreads his arms wide in a gesture of helplessness.

"I'm sorry - but this isn't the place to be asking for a paycheck. We've got hardly enough credits to keep this place powered, much less to pay three smugglers. There is also the matter of trust. How do we know you won't blast off this planet, never to return?"

"You see, the conference we were holding here had one concern - to decide what to do about your ship. We've got our own network of information-gatherers, and we know your ship is only one part and two nights away from being finished. BUT what we don't know is how to trust you. The current plan is to just kill you three and take the ship for ourselves, but I don't want to kill you boys. Just give up the ship and we'll do our best to repay you."

Stormrider
10 October 2005, 10:42 AM
Kill us? Sithspawn! You folks are crazy..

Uron Teff
10 October 2005, 10:50 AM
Surprised by this statement Jerec cough slightly. Managing to reach in his pockets, to fumble out a cigarette and lighting it his thoughts are racing. Just count how many of these guys you have seen... well this little droid army is still outside, so I don't mind counting. Fighting our way out of here is no good idea. Actually it's not even an idea it's a suicide plan.
Catching a glimpse of Ajessa he views their chances to manipulate someone to get out of this situation. This won't work. There is only one chance... We have to join them. Or sell our freighter. But I don't want to sell the freighter. It's ours, we built it. Absent minded he takes a few steps foreward then turning on his heals walking back again. Oh, I almost forgot... hope your not trying to read this Ajessa, but if you do,... BYE!. By Focusing the Sway so hard Jerec tries to disconect any conection between himself and Ajessa.

[Jerec] Nonetheless you could wait until my friends and I have discussed the matter of dying, joining you or selling our hypothetical starship to you.

Stormrider
10 October 2005, 11:43 AM
He eyed Jerec. ...............Join them, Die, or sell the ship. I don't feel like dying today..Do you?.

darth_wyld
10 October 2005, 11:50 AM
"Now, young man, you're not exactly in a position to bargain."


"You see, the conference we were holding here had one concern - to decide what to do about your ship. We've got our own network of information-gatherers, and we know your ship is only one part and two nights away from being finished. BUT what we don't know is how to trust you. The current plan is to just kill you three and take the ship for ourselves, but I don't want to kill you boys. Just give up the ship and we'll do our best to repay you."

No! I'm in the position of being pressed, forced, conned, blackmailed, simply FRELLED by you! WHY should we trust YOU! For all what's worth this could be all a setup by you to get what you want by bullying some kids, eh? Kill us? Fine! At least then I know, that the propaganda you force up on the galaxy is just stupid bantha poodoo talking about equality, ideals and stuff. You are bullies and thieves like all others. How can you even dare talk start talking about trust when treating us like THIS!

None of you have ever seen Joyl this angry. His face is crimson, the knuckles on his fist are stark white, spittle flies from his mouth while he is fighting against your hold.


I've been working my ass off with these two to get off this forceforsaken piece of nerfdroppings and I won't let myself get paid or cheated for my only chance to say this rotten life goodbye. Freedom is more worth than your dirty credits. I don't know about my friends here but either you frelling trust us or you can try to kill me but I'LL GO FIGHTING!

Stormrider
10 October 2005, 03:23 PM
Fin sighed. Jerec wanted to sweet talk them, Joyl wanted to obviously get physical with them. and what did FIN want though? Fierfek!...Neither will work. ....... The rodian wandered over to a corner and plumped himself down. Watching the other two.

Uron Teff
10 October 2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by darth_wyld
No! I'm in the position of being pressed, forced, conned, blackmailed, simply FRELLED by you! WHY should we trust YOU! For all what's worth this could be all a setup by you to get what you want by bullying some kids, eh? Kill us? Fine! At least then I know, that the propaganda you force up on the galaxy is just stupid bantha poodoo talking about equality, ideals and stuff. You are bullies and thieves like all others. How can you even dare talk start talking about trust when treating us like THIS!
I've been working my ass off with these two to get off this forceforsaken piece of nerfdroppings and I won't let myself get paid or cheated for my only chance to say this rotten life goodbye. Freedom is more worth than your dirty credits. I don't know about my friends here but either you frelling trust us or you can try to kill me but I'LL GO FIGHTING!


Despite the situation and the threat signalized by the rebel group Jerec manages to offer once more his disarming smile. Claping Joyl on the shoulder he susurates so that only Joyl could hear it.

[Jerec] Well your right, but lets do not fight them. Let me have a try.

His expression turning from a calculating to one as innocent as a baby's while he turns his back towards Joyl to face Degran. As he steps foreward his calm and gentle voice sounds like honey after Joyls yells.

[Jerec] The message my friend wants to deliver is that if you say who you are why would you do what you told us. Sure there is no need for exclamations.

He steps nearer to Degran. With a lowered voice he continues.

[Jerec] I belief what you have said. I belief that you are representatives of the Rebel Alliance. And I belief that you might have trouble to organize technical parts and weapons due to the Imperial oppression of this system.

Taking a step in dircetion of Ajessa he speaks up again.

[Jerec] But are you realy willing to betray the ideals of the Rebel Alliance for a freighter? Are you willing to pay the prize for killing univolved people just for the own purpose?

Now even louder than before facing Degran with an inquiring facial expression.

[Jerec] Are you willing to become the enemy you are fighting? I think that is the question.

His voice becoming gentle and soft again.

[Jerec] I think that is the question you are facing. So choose: Trust us and belief in the ideals of the rebellion, your ideals. Or do what you must; kill us and become what you are trying to destroy.

With this sentence Jerec turns and moves back to Joyl claping him once again on the shoulder. Seconds they are standing there waiting for a decission.

RemyLeBeau
11 October 2005, 05:12 AM
After Jerec's moving speech, Degran seems to be considering his options. Behind him, one of the older members gets up angrily.

"Young man - have you ever been in a war?" He says, looking at Jerec accusingly.

"I didn't think so. You kids are all the same - you don't know how to sacrifice. Why do you think there even is a Rebel Alliance? To sit around and talk about what we want? Hundreds of people die every day to keep their ideals alive. We're not asking anything great - just a ship that we'll try our damndest to pay you back. But it's your choice. You can live with us in your debt or you can take a long walk in a sandstorm. There's the exit - make your choice."

Degran crosses his arms, agreeing with the old man.

"Considering the position you're in, I'd say we're being quite reasonable. If these veterans behind me had had their way, your ship would be ours and you wouldn't be around anymore. I'm not asking you to fight for us, I'm not asking you to die for us. We're just commandeering your ship, lad."

Stormrider
11 October 2005, 05:37 AM
. I grew up on the streets. Gangs blasting each other ALL stinking day and night. Scrounging for food in the dump. Wondering If I'm going to die tonight and or make it till tommorow. Seeing family die from stray blaster bolts and slowly waste away from sickness or hunger. Where every day is a constant battle for survival....Don't speak to me of WAR. I've been fighting in one since the day I was born. The War for survival. Fin snarled.

darth_wyld
11 October 2005, 05:37 AM
Joyl turns calm. With a cold, angry look on his face he straightens himself.

It's nice talk about being in a war. Nice talk about we don't know sacrifice. But I have been working for years to fulfill my dream of freedom. And you tell me that you have better use for it and want to take it away. THAT is what I'm willing to fight for. My freedom. I gather that is a concept you are familliar with.

OK, maybe nice fuzzy drugs are still coursing through my brain so I'd like to hear a clear proposal from your side. What are you offering? Or better put what do you want us to do?

Option One: Have the way of your veterans, kill them kids off, we need the ship. Have fun looking into a mirror, I'd say.

Option Two: Pay us for the ship. For me a no-go. The hutts will smell the creds and they'll will be gone faster than we can say "Sithspit". And I'd be still here... in my private little war I fight every day.

Option Three: Take the exit. We'll leave some nice bleached bones. Whoopee ship's yours, cheapest option, eh? No-go for me.

Option Four: We'll work for you. Do the transport. Well, what are we talking about... daily deliveries? One time transport? You don't trust us? Fine. Let's work something out.

It seems to me that option four is the only one that has the potential for both sides to win, doesn't it? And I don't think that your veterans are frelled up enough to really consider option one. Well if they are, you'll have one disappointed corpse to handle...

RemyLeBeau
11 October 2005, 07:30 AM
The veteran behind Degran makes a face of disgust.

"Fine. If you can't see any reason, then we'll just do as originally planned. See you in hell, boys."

Degran pulls out a vibroknife and starts advancing on the group.

OOC - roll initiative

darth_wyld
11 October 2005, 07:38 AM
One hand shoving Jerec towards the ladder, the other pulling his hunting knife Joyl shouts: The Frell outta here!

___________________________________
OOC: Init = 7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=164210)
Ready to attack! Hope it's OK he's got his knife with him?

Uron Teff
11 October 2005, 07:45 AM
Jerec pulls out his blaster pistol and moves due to the push of Joyl towards the exit ladder. Swithing his blaster to Stun mode he snaps of a shot at Degran to either hurt him or if the shot misses to signalize that they won't go down with out a fight.

[Jerec] Lets get outa here.


---------------------------------
Initiative: 19(roll)+1(DexMod) = 20
OOC: Are we rolling Attack rolls?

draw blaster (move action)
move towards ladder (2m step)
switch from deadly energy mode to stun mode (Free Action)
shoot Degran (Attack Action) = 5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=166112)


EDITED!

Stormrider
11 October 2005, 07:46 AM
Don't frelling move! or I'll blast you into Sithspawn! Fin bellowed. A rasping sound was heard as the Rodian drew his blaster pistol and levied it at the advancing Rebels. He backed up to the ladder. Playing rear guard for his two friends.

Init. 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=164215)

Draw blaster pistol ((Move action))
Move to the ladder ((Move action))

RemyLeBeau
13 October 2005, 05:29 AM
Degran gets first attack. (And without GM fudging, too!) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=166012)

He charges toward Fin (the closest to the ladder) and tackles him.
Attempted grapple - result: 19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=166016)

Move action - charge toward fin
Attack action - initiate grapple

darth_wyld
13 October 2005, 10:19 AM
Joyl is really surprised by the outcome but his reflexes kick in. He pulls out his knife (Movement Action) and attacks the guy going for Fin with a vibroknife... more stumbling than really attacking

--------------OCC: Attack=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=166118)

Stormrider
14 October 2005, 08:00 AM
As Degran charged in and missed. Fins blaster pistol roared. Sending a blasterbolt towards the mans gut.
] Attack Roll. 11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=16653)

RemyLeBeau
14 October 2005, 09:56 AM
Okay, this is the final resolution for the first round and the beginning marker for the second round:
- - - - - - - - - - -
Jerec pulls out his blaster and snaps a shot off at Degran. It goes high, however, and leaves a small scorch mark on the ceiling.
--
Degran charges at Fin, and tries to wrestle him away from the ladder. Fin squirms out of his arms easily. The Rodian tries to make a jab at his captor, but fails.
--
Fin takes out his pistol and tries to shoot Degran, but that also goes wide.
--
Finally, Joyl pulls out his rifle and Degran takes a shot squarely in the chest. He appears winded but does not fall.
--
Ajessa seems to be timing her approach into the fight. She does nothing.

Uron Teff
15 October 2005, 05:16 PM
Shortly looking at the small hole in the ceiling Jerec move backwards towards the exit. Damn! I should have listened to my father. I need defenitive more practice with this thing. Before shooting again he doublechecks that the small leveler for the blaster pistol is on stun mode. He snaps of a shot at Degran.

Stormrider
16 October 2005, 10:26 AM
Sithspawn..... Fin grunted. His fist came flying towards Dergrans eyes. and then he would hurl himself out of the mans range.

RemyLeBeau
19 October 2005, 04:52 AM
Final resolution for second round:

Ajessa pulls a carbine off the wall and pulls a shot off at Jerec. It goes wide and strikes the far wall.
- - -
Jerec starts running toward the exit, shooting as he goes. They bounce out of the gun and strike some nearby equipment.
- - -
Degran grips his vibroknife and makes a vicious slash at Fin - he connects and there is a bright red line from Fin's shoulder to his sternum. (or whatever the Rodian equivalent is)
- - -
Fin retaliates with a punch in the face, then takes a couple steps back out of knife range.
- - -
Joyl comes up to the side of Degran and tries to bash him with his rifle, but Degran ducks.

Uron Teff
19 October 2005, 11:37 AM
From the corner of his eye Jerec sees green light flashing with incredible speed towards his position. Turning the head slightly in the direction of the light he realizes that the shot goes wide and that he could have been the only target of it. His eyes follow the line of green ionized gas back to the addresser. Ajessa!
Another wink later he's struck by the truth. Ajessa had fired a deadly bolt towards his direction. She wants to kill him without hesitation...
Switching his Blaster Pistol to the lethal fire mode he loosens two shots at Degran.

RemyLeBeau
20 October 2005, 01:34 PM
Degran takes two blaster bolts head-on, and drops like a bag of sandfruit. Ajessa drops the carbine, screams, and runs to his side.
She places both hands on his wounds and begins to bring Degran back from the edge of death. The effect is so powerful that even Fin and Joyl can sense something happening in the room. She looks back up at them with tear-streaked eyes. The doctor, previously unnoticed, now dashes to a console and yells into the communicator:

"All sentry droids report to base immediately!"

The doctor and the two elderly men all have guns out - obvously not in any good fighting shape but still ready to face these three kids with courage.

Stormrider
21 October 2005, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by RemyLeBeau
The doctor and the two elderly men all have guns out - obvously not in any good fighting shape but still ready to face these three kids with courage.

Frac....Put the guns down. Unless you shoot first we ain't gonna blast you.

darth_wyld
21 October 2005, 04:32 AM
Let's get out of here, let's get out of here, let's get out of here, let's get out of here, let's get out of here
Joyl mumbled while taking an aim on the other armed men and keeping them in his sights...

RemyLeBeau
21 October 2005, 05:21 AM
The doctor (a little older than Degran but not nearly as muscled) keeps his blaster level and closes the command prompt for the droids. Everything continues with an uneasy tension, guns drawn and quietly humming, until Ajessa manages to get Degran to breathe again. Instantly a sigh of relief sweeps through the Rebels.

Uron Teff
21 October 2005, 05:42 AM
With a grin Jerec steps behind Ajessa and puts his blaster right at the back of her head. Grabing with the othe hand her left shoulder he has his finger at the trigger of the weapon to shot if she makes a wrong move.

[Jerev] Well it looks like you're in deep...

Turning his head slightly only inches towards the others he keeps on talking.

[Jerec] Here's the deal. You scum bags leave this base or Ajessa dies! Now MOVE!

Speaking to Ajessa, again.

[Jerec] In the interest of self-preservation I hope for you that they are going to leave, soon.

darth_wyld
24 October 2005, 01:11 PM
Jereeec... don't push your luck, let's get out of heeereee.... Joyl whispered through clenched teeth to Jerec...

RemyLeBeau
24 October 2005, 01:19 PM
Ajessa looks up at him with tearstreaked eyes, unblinking. The rest of the Rebels lower their weapons, but keep them in hand. The doctor sets his blaster on a table and steps forward, hands raised in a sign of submission.

"There's... there's no need for hostages. Give us Ajessa and you can leave."

Uron Teff
28 October 2005, 01:14 AM
There's... there's no need for hostages. Give us Ajessa and you can leave.

Hm... nice try... Jerec still with his blaster in the right hand pointing at Ajessa makes as small step closer to her. This would be too easy, folks. Is this another trick?


Jereeec... don't push your luck, let's get out of heeereee....

Turning slightly to look at Fin he views his last action. Thinking shortly about it and how and why he had made it the grip around his blaster tightens. Muttering he replies.

[Jerec] Well, it worked, didn't it?

Shifting his view back to the doctor. Actually Jerec couldn't know if this was a doctor or another Rebel trained for hand-to-hand combat. Therefore being very cautious he grabs Ajessa's arm and pulls her into a standing position.

[Jerec] Sorry, honey, but it was the way you have chosen not our way.

With the blaster pistol in his left pointing at Ajessa's face and with her in the grip of his left hand he speaks to the 'doctor'.

[Jerec] If we leave Ajessa with you here, there will be no ensurence that you won't bother us again. So I see a necessarity of taking her as our hostage.

Still pointing with his blaster at her Jerec pushes her gently towards the exit.

darth_wyld
28 October 2005, 02:09 AM
Joyl turns to face him, his eyes angry while his mouth loudlessly forms words of disagreement. Then he shrugs, taking his weapon up again.

Then let's get her out of here!

RemyLeBeau
29 October 2005, 12:47 PM
Ajessa and the Rebels, seeing how powerless their situation is, lower their weapons sadly. Ajessa complies reluctantly as the three kids drag her away.

You're going to pay for this she hisses.

darth_wyld
3 November 2005, 05:17 AM
Joyl uttered a dry, humorless laugh.

I think it's been enough paying going on here. We didn't attack you first. Think about it.

Joyl is securing the retreat out of the hideaway.

RemyLeBeau
3 November 2005, 12:56 PM
Ajessa stayed silent as she realized the moral position she was in, but still threw icy stares at the boys as they take her away.

Stormrider
3 November 2005, 03:04 PM
Jerec...don't you dare harm her! or I'll blast you into sithspit Fin growled. The Rodian was pissed that the piece of poodoo had taken a woman hostage.

darth_wyld
4 November 2005, 03:39 AM
Joyl leans forward, beginning to open the knots on Ajessa's bound hands.

RemyLeBeau
7 November 2005, 07:13 AM
You close the emergency hatch just as the spider droids begin to enter - one is smashed between the door and frame, the others swept out as the door shuts.

As soon as the door closes there is a pressure change that pops your ears and plays with fine sand in small spirals at the bottom of the ladder. A diffuse, yellow-orange light filters in from above, where the sandstorm is beginning to die.

darth_wyld
10 November 2005, 05:46 AM
Up the ladder... you go first, I go last

Joyl tries to keep his rifle on the door and stares at the rests of the spider droid, mashed in the hatch.

OOC: Is Ajessa with us on this side of the door?

RemyLeBeau
10 November 2005, 06:32 AM
OOC - Yes, you all are in about a 4m by 4m space, with the door on one side and the ladder up on the other. It's pretty cramped, especially since Ajessa is laying down. Sorry I didn't add that earlier.

IC - The legs of the spider droid twitch feebly, and the computer panel to one side of the hatch flashes red, then shuts off.

Uron Teff
13 November 2005, 06:03 AM
Jerec hears Ajessa say something to Joyl. He can't make out all of it, but this is what he has caught:


You should untie me. The ******** is getting out of ******."


[Jerec] Shut UP, you snake!

Within a glimpse of a second Jerec pushes his body between Ajessas and Joyls. With the drawn blaster pistol in his right hand aim at her chest few words come out of his mouth.

[Jerec] You might know that we're not going to kill you. But It might be interested in the fact that there are more options than killing a hostage. Ever considered that you're still alive if you loose a hand?

With this he pushes her towards the ladder. WIth the pistol pointing at her tied hands he adds.

[Jerec] I hope these droids aren't up to something. Otherwise you'll loose more than your hands. Now, tell me, is there a way to shut those droids down? Speak quick!

Stepping next to Ajessa he turns towards the droids. If they're going to attack us I use her as a shield. I don't think that they'll blast her to get us.

RemyLeBeau
13 November 2005, 12:26 PM
You can hear a scratching noise as the spider droids continue to scratch at the door. There is also the muffled sound of voices behind the door; you can't make anything out however.

As you push between Joyl and Ajessa there is a connection broken; Joyl seems to 'come to' and his eyes lose their glazed-over look.

Ajessa begins to say something, but before she does there is a scraping noise behind the display panel on the door. It shifts, tilts backward, and reveals the surprised face of the Rebel technician, head and both arms stuck into the small space and fiddling with wires!

Tech: Oh, frag... Pull me back out - PULL ME BACK OUT!!

You also hear the door's active control disengage - it is pushed a couple centimeters open and a gas grenade falls into the small space filling it with stun gas!

Before the area is covered in mustard-yellow gas, you see an unknown number of spider droids enter - then the door closes, sealing all the gas in the room.

darth_wyld
13 November 2005, 02:12 PM
With a stifled shout Joyl shoves the others to the ladder, not caring if he trips over or steps on the prone Ajessa. It's only out of here...

RemyLeBeau
16 November 2005, 04:49 AM
OOC -
Was your last post intended to open the hatch and get out? I'll assume yes.

IC -
The hatch is not rusty, instead the constant exposure to the sand and wind has kept it from developing anything other than some pitting and weathering. The hatch opens easily and the gas starts to blow away out the hole into the fast-moving sandstorm air.

As you push the hatch all the way open the sand begins to pelt your hand - nothing like the fleshrending winds that might be in a sandstorm, but still pretty unpleasant. As soon as the wind finds its way into the corridor your hair, shirt collar, every possible opening is filled with sand.

darth_wyld
21 November 2005, 05:07 AM
Joyl takes a deep breath and shouts down:

What are you waiting for! Get up here! Go!Go!Go!

Uron Teff
28 November 2005, 07:50 AM
Sand blowing in his face Jerec emerges as the first of the little fellowship. WInd whistling into his face he stands in the once raging sand storm. Feeling constant prickling on his skin he helps Fin and Joyl emerge. Taking a last view into the small room underneath he closes the hatch with a loud *clonck*.

(OOC: Long time no see! I took the freedom to help you two to emerge... :D Hope you don't mind.)

RemyLeBeau
28 November 2005, 01:22 PM
The small pelting of sand increases momentarily as a gust of wind blows your way, rifling through cloaks and throwing screens of sand around. The hatch, seen from the outside, is painted the color of sand and looks for all the world like part of the dunes. Your eyes sting furiously unless reduced to tiny slits, making visibility poor.

darth_wyld
28 November 2005, 09:16 PM
Let's get away from here. Far away. Shake off anyone trailing us, get to our...project and get very far away from this gritball.

He rose, digging his face into his parka, his rifle still ready.

RemyLeBeau
29 November 2005, 08:03 AM
Just some info:

1) Comlinks have an effective range of 30 feet out here. The sandstorm garbles anything beyond that. Visibility is even less.
2) You have no bloody idea where you are.
3) There are some quite angry Rebels who will be popping out of that hole in a very short while.

To begin, let's have everyone roll Survival checks. I'll grant a +1 to the check because you're familiar with the planet, but it's up to you wether you wait out the storm or try to find your way.

darth_wyld
29 November 2005, 09:10 AM
Joyl blinked into the sand, trying to get his bearings.

The bar could not be that far... they went down from the kitchen... down that tunnel... and the hatch was in that corner... I think I know...

************
Survival +4 +1 (1d20+5=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=302329)

RemyLeBeau
29 November 2005, 01:29 PM
Wow - good roll.

---

You're more than confident which way to go - in fact, you'd even lay some serious money on it. The bar should (judging by the tunnel length and direction you're facing) be about 250 yards thataway.

Stormrider
29 November 2005, 01:43 PM
Fracking sand........Poodoo. Hey Joyl! Your the damned guide....any idea where to go? The rodian obviously wasn't amused.....he was sputtering and hacking up sand

Poodoo! Hope we can avoid those damned Rebels.,

darth_wyld
29 November 2005, 09:24 PM
And I'm damned good at being the guide, trust me!

Joyl had a pice of cloth bound around his mouth and nose to keep of the sand.

That way is the bar, about 200 or 250 meters away. If we move up over there we won't get directly to the bar but get back to some better points of orientation and can pick our way from there. So we won't run into those poodooheads down there. Let's get moving!

****
Yep, lucky roll. And Invisible Castle has some cool new features!

RemyLeBeau
30 November 2005, 04:49 AM
Trudging through the sand is hard going - each step shifts under your weight, sapping your strength and slowing every movement. Despite this, you are making ground. In only about 30 or 45 minutes you can make out the blockish sihouette of the bar, something to your left but still pretty on-track considering the conditions. You've neither seen nor heard any Rebels, but you probably wouldn't see or hear them until you're three yards away, what with the storm and all.

Now that you've found the bar, there are several more options available to you. The airspeeder is parked right next to the bar.

Stormrider
30 November 2005, 03:08 PM
...What fracking now? It'll be our damn luck that they tip off the Hutts or worse....the Imps....And we can't leave the planet....Damn ships not read yet...Need one more part Fin growled.

darth_wyld
1 December 2005, 01:48 AM
What part do we need, where can we get it? Can we for instance use a substitute, something we could scavenge somewhere else?

RemyLeBeau
1 December 2005, 04:44 AM
OOC -
The part you're looking for is actually pretty mundane, but also vital: it's a lead-infused fibersteel cover for the main engines. Without it, the engines will bathe the entire ship in radiation and other unpleasant stuff.

Scavenging is a possibility I haven't thought of. I suppose there's a chance you could jury-rig one with lead and some fibersteel, but it's uncertain how long that would last.

What do you intend to do?

Stormrider
1 December 2005, 05:10 AM
Parts an cover.for the main engines..made of lead and fibersteel....We're in deep Poodoo without it.....Scavenging wouldn't be the best idea....who frelling knows how long a jury rigged one would hold up in space. but it can be done....With an unholy amount of luck " Fins demeanor had changed.....from the sarcastic and smart allec sentient of a few seconds before...to a relatively polite young man...amazing what discussing tech can do.

RemyLeBeau
1 December 2005, 03:02 PM
IC -

Things around you stay mostly the same. The wind is still whipping tiny particles of sand into your eyes, the bar remains a bar, and your airspeeder does a remarkable job of continuing to be an airspeeder.

OOC -

What happens next is up to you. The more obvious choices seem:
1) Getting this part from some junk dealer
2) Smuggling the part out of your workplace
3) Scrounging the junk heap to find something to jury-rig
It seems you've rejected the jury rigging (and for good reason) so unless I missed something there are two options ahead of you: Stealth or Charisma

darth_wyld
1 December 2005, 11:37 PM
Joyl whipped out his binocs to scan the area around the speeder.

Well, it's your call... glowing in the dark is nothing I want to do, so... where can we get it and do we ask 'em for it or do we take it.

OOC: Spot?

Spot if needed (1d20+3=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=303784)

RemyLeBeau
2 December 2005, 05:33 AM
Spot check:

There doesn't seem to be much happening. The bar is still waiting for the sandstorm to finish dying, so noone has left yet. The visibility is too poor to see where the Rebel hatch used to be. However, the sky is turning orange and yellow in the west, which means the sandstorm will die sometime within the hour.

It's hard to tell from here, but it looks like something obscene is scratched into the (already quite 'weathered') side of the airspeeder.

Uron Teff
2 December 2005, 09:18 AM
[Fin] ...What fracking now? It'll be our damn luck that they tip off the Hutts or worse....the Imps....And we can't leave the planet....Damn ships not read yet...Need one more part.
[Joyl] What part do we need, where can we get it? Can we for instance use a substitute, something we could scavenge somewhere else?
[Fin] Parts an cover.for the main engines..made of lead and fibersteel.... We're in deep Poodoo without it..... Scavenging wouldn't be the best idea.... who frelling knows how long a jury rigged one would hold up in space. but it can be done....With an unholy amount of luck.
[Joyl] Well, it's your call... glowing in the dark is nothing I want to do, so... where can we get it and do we ask 'em for it or do we take it.


Both listening to the discussion and thinking about possibilities to organize every part they need Jerec sqirms in his seat. This prickling is driving me nuts... I hate being outside in a sandst-... Wait, this reminds me...
Thoughts from a time long gone emerge from somewhere deep down in his mind. Memories of his mother...

'Standing outside in a raging sandstorm is a very, VERY hazardous action. Maybe we should get shelter.' she says looking down on a small Jerec. 'We'll try the next hut, son.'
Without hesitation they both walk towards a small bedraggled building right infront of them. Though his eyes are closed to slits every now and then a grain of sand finds his way to the eye. The constant and anoying prickle of the sand on his face plus the sudden pain in his eye make him scream. But nothing is hearable due to the raging sandstorm.
As he and his mother reach the door of the hut she knees down and looks him straight in the eye. 'Son, this will be your third lesson. How to make people do what they don't want to do.Think about what I've told you about the 'Sway'. Concentrate. And Focus. Listen to my words and look at my gestures.
After this she stands up and knocks loud on the door of the hut. Few seconds later the door is opened by a man in his thirties, unchaved and obviously unwashed.
Centering his attention on his mum a blue glow around her is now visible to the boy. Without further ado she raises her hand and makes a swift movement with it while saying 'This is not your hut. Go and look for a new one for your self.'
The man steps outside of the hut and starts to run into the still raging sandstorm.

Snapping back to reality every thing except the fact that now Jerec has an idea is unchanged. He leans from the backseat forward just sticking his head between Joyl and Fin.

[Jerec] I have an idea. I know how we get our parts within seconds. But first of all we need a shelter. Joyl can you drive me to that building over there?

He says pointing on the next building.

---------------------

OOC: First of all... who is driving? I asume Joyl if not I have to change my post. Second, I hope the next building is something like a tenemant or apartment house or something comparable. Third... we got one hour till the sandstorm has died... we have to hurry, IMO.

RemyLeBeau
2 December 2005, 06:24 PM
Excellent reasoning Jerec. I like the flashback. As for the driver, it follows to reason that the owner will be driving. I don't know who that is, but I think I remember it's Jerec.

The building you chose seems like the perfect one for your current approach. You don't know who lives in it, but it seems too small for a family of more than two. The building itself has a large garage, the prefab kind you always see machinery and stuff in. Both the garage and the home have a door, and there are two airspeeders parked on their props outside.

Uron Teff
3 December 2005, 03:52 AM
As Joyl brings the airspeeder to halt only few meters awy from the building Jerec jumps out of the airspeeder and walks towards the house. Reaching the two parked speeders his hands touch the hoods of the speeders. Still warm. They've arrived only minutes go. I guess as the storm started.
He scans the cars for more information about the owner. I hope I can find out how many people are inside. It wouldn't be nice to be suprised by someone.

------------------
OOC: Sorry for the short post. Actually the speeder was from the booted player Skywalker. But I don't care. Now it's mine. And therefore (as a real noble) I'm not going to drive this vehicle by myself.
Furthermore, I hope you don't assume that I'm using the sway to get inside this house. Nope. I wanted to use the Sway to get our parts. But the whole plan will be offered In Character. So, do I have to mak a search or Spot check???

RemyLeBeau
5 December 2005, 04:39 AM
OOC - - -
Since you're just scanning the area and not physically poking around, make a Spot check.

Uron Teff
7 December 2005, 09:20 AM
The wind is playing funny games with his hair as Jerec takes his view up from the airpeeders to take a short look at the house.

The place seems like it's in use - there's a shade pulled down in the only window you can see, but it seems like there's light inside. You can't see any kind of pet or guard at this point.
Well as I suggested.They're just back from a trip.

As he turns to walk back to FIn and Joyl his view halts on the nearby garage.

The garage also has a light on, but from where you're standing you can only see a few tools and no hint of anyone inside. What originally seemed like a small house turned out to be mostly underground - you can see the dirt had been replaced with hard-packed gravel.

Walking back to Joyl and Fin he evaluates if they should seek shelter here or search another house. An empty one. It's for sure that there is no chance to get back home to one of us. We need to find a place to stay and think about what were doing next. And the longer we're searching for a place like that the less time we'll have.

As he reaches the two of them a gust of sand blows his jacket up. He raises his voice to shout over the raging storm.

[Jerec] Okay folks, we need a place to plan our next steps. And this is the place to be. I guess somebody is inside and they may not welcome us. But we need a new base or a shelter from the storm.

He draws his blaster and turns the energy level from lethal to stun and look the two male individuals straight into the eyes.

[Jerec] We need to organize our trip off this planet. And we might need some money. So get ready we don't have much time.

darth_wyld
7 December 2005, 12:28 PM
Wait! Hold it right there! What are you up to? Breaking and entering? Mugging? Theft? Assault? I think your choice of methods is spiraling downwards. Taking hostages, OK... the situation called for it but it didn't make me happy. But now we are sinking on their level by taking from them whats not ours. They live in there. What are you going to do to their stunned bodies? Tie 'em up and put 'em into the wardrobe? Throw them out? Kill them? Could we TALK about what we do?

RemyLeBeau
9 December 2005, 11:18 AM
IC -

The light in the garage turns off and you see a middle-aged guy step out the door and into the main house. He doesn't seem to have noticed you.

OOC -

Uron, I'd just like to note that I'm following the RCR guidelines for DSPs - killing them would definitely be some DSPs, but I doubt you planned to go to that extreme. A little thievery won't merit one, especially if it's just some fibersteel and lead. However, remember that your characters are just out of high school; I doubt any of them would be ruthless enough to kill some people for their fibersteel.

Stormrider
9 December 2005, 11:24 AM
Not again you stupid piece of poodoo! They didn't do a damn thing to us and your suggesting we stun them throw them out of their home or worse?! NO! I refuse to do this Jerec..You've gone crazy.

Fin was ranting and cursing at Jerec. The rodians eyes had gone wide and were filled with white hot anger.

Uron Teff
9 December 2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by darth_wyld
[Joyl] Wait! Hold it right there! What are you up to? Breaking and entering? Mugging? Theft? Assault? I think your choice of methods is spiraling downwards. Taking hostages, OK... the situation called for it but it didn't make me happy. But now we are sinking on their level by taking from them whats not ours. They live in there. What are you going to do to their stunned bodies? Tie 'em up and put 'em into the wardrobe? Throw them out? Kill them? Could we TALK about what we do?

[Fin] Not again you stupid piece of poodoo! They didn't do a damn thing to us and your suggesting we stun them throw them out of their home or worse?! NO! I refuse to do this Jerec..You've gone crazy.


Taking a step back Jerec furrows his brow. While shaking his head he replies.

[Jerec] Joyl you're totally right. I just thought that we can "convince" the people in the house to give us all we need to get our ship ready. As Fin said we need... some lead and... the other thing. He's the expert on that.

He turns to look over his shoulder. Continuing while looking at the house where the man just has entered.

[Jerec] I thought about threaten them with our weapons and if they still don't want to cooperate we stun them down.

Now turning to Fin his face from the house towards Fin a glimpse of anger is viewable in his eyes.

[Jerec] Okay. You can stay here and I'll get the stuff you little sissy. I thought you want to get of this rock? You're criticizing every idea but never come up with an alternative plan. But actually it's not the time to argue. We have to act now.

Switching his view from Fin to Joyl and back again he asks

[Jerec] Are you with me or not? Do you want to get of this stinking backwater world or not?

darth_wyld
13 December 2005, 01:32 PM
Frag that! You now the answer! And I'm willing to use all means neccessary. But not all means possible. There are lines I won't cross.

Uron Teff
13 December 2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by darth_wyld
[Joyl]Frag that! You now the answer! And I'm willing to use all means neccessary. But not all means possible. There are lines I won't cross.

Jerec twiched at the words of his friend. Taking one cigarette from his box he views it.

[Jerec] You know Joyl that I'm the last who would say that you don't want to get of this fraking planet. But the thought occured in my mind that our little friend Fin her does not want to leave the planet.

Maybe he does not want to leave this planet? Maybe he tries to hold us all here? I know him since we were children but... this cannot be... he won't betray us... He eyes Fin with a serious look full of dubiety and mistrust.

darth_wyld
13 December 2005, 01:49 PM
I said FRAG THAT! I think I know what buggers him but this is neither place nor time to talk this through. I'd rather do that in Hyperspace! So let's get going.

Uron Teff
13 December 2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by darth_wyld
[Joyl] I said FRAG THAT! I think I know what buggers him but this is neither place nor time to talk this through. I'd rather do that in Hyperspace! So let's get going.

Amazed by the intense of Joyls words Jerec drops the cigarette he has taken out only seconds ago. Shortly just as a reflex he shakes his head, picks up the cigarette and replies.

[Jerec] You're definitivly right. Lets get moving. Even though you're not with us in there Fin...

As he turns on his heel he enlights the cigarette with a small plasma lighter. While taking a drag on his cigarette his right hand draws the blaster. Exhalating the smoke from his lungs his view checks the garge once more. Good! I think nobody is in the garage anymore. Lets check this place first. Then check the house.
Walking over to the garage his eyes are constantly scaning the enlighted window.

--------------------------
OOC: The garage is still open, right? Or is the front closed?

Stormrider
13 December 2005, 04:18 PM
Drop it you Sithspawned whoreson! The rodians voice was ice cold.
I won't harm innocent people just to leave this rock! and I'll be damned if you will either. Black eyes were blazing. Aimed at Jerec was Fin's blaster...his hands did not shake.. Drop it.... He repeated.....

Uron Teff
13 December 2005, 04:51 PM
[Fin] Drop it you Sithspawned whoreson! I won't harm innocent people just to leave this rock! and I'll be damned if you will either. Drop it....

Facing Fin's blaster Jerec's eyes show suprise at first. Then as the astonishment emerges a smile is visible around Jerec's eyes. Almost grinning the human takes a step to the left and raises his arm. Holding his blaster pistol only with thumb and forefinger he speaks.

[Jerec] You can lower the weapon Fin. Nobody was going to shoot the owners of this house, for the sways sake. I was going to check their garage if there are the parts we need. And IF the resident showed up by coincidence I would have used this blaster. There you're totally right. But before you shoot look at it first.

Jerec turns the blaster pistol so that Fin can read the the energy level display. STUN
Jerec's eyes are focused on Fins.

[Jerec] Stun... you can read it, right?

Switching his view from Fin's eyes to the enlightened window Jerec is struck by insight. We're standing right in the middle of an dying sandstorm discussing if we're going to rob this garage or not. And FRAK, it's possible that we've been seen thanks to Mister Smart here.

[Jerec] Well, thanks to you, smarty, we lost time thanks to your actions here. Oh, and maybe your screams have been heared and we're now in DEEP... but why not. Thank you.

Not waiting for Fin's reaction Jerec continues his walk to the garage.

darth_wyld
18 December 2005, 03:02 PM
Sending Fin an imploring look Joyl went after Jerec snarling:

Could we talk about that stuff later? This is not time or place whatsoever! Force frell it!

RemyLeBeau
19 December 2005, 05:10 PM
The day is ending quickly, and it's already twilight. The wind carries less sand and more balmy air, heavy-laden with the scent of fresh stone.

The house itself is set in a slight rise on the sands, and as Jerec strides toward it he sends small rivulets of sand down behind him. The lights in every window are off, but the moisture collectors are still running.

RemyLeBeau
20 December 2005, 05:37 AM
Everyone please make Listen and Spot checks.

darth_wyld
27 December 2005, 09:48 PM
Careful now! Someone is over there!
Joyl whispered to the others above the dying storm. He kept his rifle on his back but within easy reach.

RemyLeBeau
28 December 2005, 12:28 PM
--OOC--

Okay, now that darth shared with everyone, Stormrider's check is irrelevant. Right now I just want to focus on keeping moving.


--IC--

The figure is too far away and too shadowed for you to get any good look at them, but they don't seem to be doing anything suspicious. They walk along the desert floor, fresh sand crunching under their feet loudly enough for you to hear it.

The figure steps up to a moisture collector, sets it for the night, and starts moving on to the next. You can see that the collectors are in a curve around the house, and if they continue to follow the curve it will bring them dangerously close to your position.

Between the second and third collector the figure stops for a moment to urinate onto the sand. There are about five more collectors between you and the figure.

--OOC--

Just some important information that might help:

The sand, since it's freshly laid, makes a skritch kind of noise every time someone takes a step.

The night is coming on quickly - it's already dark enough that you can see the figure's face bathed in bluish light when he uses the moisture collection monitor.

You're all basically covered in sand, and it's damn itchy under all those clothes.

Uron Teff
6 January 2006, 10:00 AM
As Jerec's view halts on the silhouette of the strange thoughts occur in his mind.
Frak. This is bad. Maybe we should hide somewhere. Otherwise he'll see us. But maybe he has seen us and just called for help via comlink. Maybe we should stun him down so that we're sure he won't call for help. Maybe I can "convince" him that we're no threat and that he has to help us...
Moving slightly towards Joyl Jerec says with a damped voice:

[Jerec] Let me handle this... I think I've got an idea...

Taking a step towards the stranger he suddenly turns, looks at Joyl once more and says barely audible.

[Jerec] But if he's not willing to help us... maybe you could just, uh, stun him. Just if he's not willing to help us. Just in case...

He walks on to meet the stranger.

RemyLeBeau
8 January 2006, 06:28 PM
The figure's steps make skritch-skritch noises in a rhythmn as he strides to the nearest moisture collector. His face is again lit up with a blue-green light as he makes some taps on the screen. A red light suddenly flashes, and the figure turns a knob with a wrench at his belt. The red light continues; he whacks the knob with the end of the tool and it stops.

Probably a little blinded from the screen, it takes the figure an overlong time to notice someone walking toward him. He stops, unsure, but you notice his hand unclips a fusioncutter from his belt.

"Who's out there?"

darth_wyld
12 January 2006, 06:01 AM
Carrying his rifle in one hand, hidden behind leg and back.

I'm still here, you got the lead, but don't turn crazy

Please, be reasonable, talk to him, convince him, deal with him... there's been enough fighting today...

Uron Teff
12 January 2006, 08:43 AM
[Joyl] I'm still here, you got the lead, but don't turn crazy.
With Joyl saying this Jerec makes a few steps towards the worker. His right hand moving through his hair trying to get rid of the sand he becomes now clearly visible to the worker.


[Worker] Who's out there?

[Jerec] Just me.

Smiling he walks closer to the worker to examine him carefully.

[Jerec] There is no reason to be afraid, sir. I'm just a lost soul who tries to get out of this sand.

----------------
OOC: Okay lets do this slow. BTW is Storm still in?

RemyLeBeau
12 January 2006, 09:54 AM
The figure visibly relaxes and walks toward you. There is a small series of beeps in Binary from a motion detector at his belt, and the man stops a few feet in front of you. The item on his belt is a Kamarri-Pa Motion Assistant - the man is blind! He does not seem to be much hampered by it, however, as he puts the clip back on the fusioncutter's holster.

"Ahh, I see." He laughs a little at his own joke. "So I'm betting either yer airspeeder broke down or yer lost. Which would it be?"

Stormrider02
17 January 2006, 05:18 AM
The rodian wasn't happy...not at all.........

Piece of poodoo.......I hate this....that damned dcrazy Jerec is gonna do something.......

Fin was wound up tight...his knuckles were white from gripping the blaster so hard......black eyes watched Jerec...waiting for the crazy piece of Poodoo......to do something to hurt the farmer....and..then as if by magic..they started talking?


Smiling he walks closer to the worker to examine him carefully.Jerec] There is no reason to be afraid, sir. I'm just a lost soul who tries to get out of this sand

"Ahh, I see." He laughs a little at his own joke. "So I'm betting either yer airspeeder broke down or yer lost. Which would it be

Uron Teff
17 January 2006, 09:51 AM
[Worker] Ahh, I see. So I'm betting either yer airspeeder broke down or yer lost. Which would it be?


With the feeling arising that the man doesn't want to threaten him and his yet undiscovered friends Jerec steps next to the man and consideres his options. Shall I lie about the speeder? Is there a compareable part in a speeder to the part we need for the ship?

[Jerec] Yeah, our speeder broke down two klicks away and I was the guy who had to get help.

Before continuing Jerec turns his head to look at Joyl who stands meters away. Hopefully this is the right option...

[Jerec] But hey, they took the guy with less experiance in repairing a speeder. Therefore I'm standing in front of you. And frell, I don't know if I recall the thing we needed properly. They said something about a lead-infused fibersteel cover for the main engines. But who knows what this is.

With ending his last sentence a slight smile rushes over his face and fades as quick as it has come.

--------------------
OOC:
Here is the check for Jerec knowledge about landspeeder. I suggested I made the check and he knows that there is something equivalent in a speeder. Hopefully Knowledge (Technology), actually a Intelligence check (1d20+2=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=338426)
If he didn't made it I'll change my post. Your word Remy.

RemyLeBeau
18 January 2006, 04:46 AM
IC - - -

The man whistles in appreciation, then replies:

"Two klicks is quite a distance to walk - you guys must really be lost. But if your lead engine cover went to frell I think I can help you out. I'll just go get the missus and she can make one in the shop."

He motions for you to follow him into the house, where he calls his wife and tells her about the poor stranded kids who need some lead fibersteel bent up for them.

The woman, a Rodian about the same age as her husband, puts her hands on her hips and asks:

"Sure, I can bend some lead fibersteel for you, but what model is this airspeeder?"


OOC - - -

The Human-Rodian relationship is not common, probably something alike to a homosexual relationship or something.

Uron Teff
19 January 2006, 04:01 AM
Before following the blind man in the house Jerec turns slightly to signalize his two friends with a short gesture of his hand to stay put. I hope this is not going to get worse...

After Jerec has the treshold his view moves through the small entrance area. Not believing his eyes his view then rest finally on the Rodian woman. WHAT? By my love of the Sway what is going on her? Are they married? That's gross!


Originally posted by RemyLeBeau
[Rodian woman] Sure, I can bend some lead fibersteel for you, but what model is this airspeeder?

Shifting his weight from his left foot to the right the displeasing feeling Jerec had as he first saw the Rodian grew even stronger. Oh, God, a human-rodian relationship. Okay... calm down, say what you want to say, and you'll be out of here in a second.
Putting all what is left of his conning arts into his smile Jerec replies to the question.

[Jerec] Well, ma'am, you're defenitly talking to wrong person about this. I have no clue about models of landspeeder or even swoops. The only thing I know is that it's more a huge truck than a small fast flying speeder. But I think my friend said that we need quite a bit of lead fibersteel. I know that this is a big request but let me assure you that your generosity will not be overlooked.


----------------------
OOC:
Bluff check (1d20+6=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=339843)
*crosses fingers*

RemyLeBeau
19 January 2006, 08:59 AM
The expression on the Rodian shows no signs of disbelief, and she leads the way outside to the shop, where there is plenty of material and lead fibersteel to get the job done.

A few minutes later, the Rodian woman heaves a half-formed piece of fibersteel off the block it was bent over and makes a voila motion. It makes a chunk noise as the 125-pound hunk of lead and steel hits the cement floor.

"I don't know what model the engine is, so I can't bend it any more without ruining the piece. But I put enough creases on the sides for you to bend it around any engine without much trouble. Hang on a second and I'll put it in the back of the Pimmen for you."

The Pimmen is a light duty hovertruck, a cheap alternative to imported vehicles on Djanakai. Something akin to a generic pickup truck, it could be found on most rural farms.

Stormrider
21 January 2006, 09:05 AM
Fin looked suprised....Gah...I suppose i was wrong about the poodoo head noble. ....Maybe he got lucky


The rodian began to fidget nervously. Black eyes watched the couple nervously...Damnet......somethings gonna go wrong...it always does!



His hands ached from gripping the blaster so hard.....Fin shoved the gun back into his belt.

Uron Teff
21 January 2006, 09:33 AM
Waiting till the Rodian carried the fibersteel over to the Pimmen Jerec move to the passenger door on the left and gets in as soon as the Rodian woman sits down behind the steering wheel.
After the Rodian has started the motor of the Pimmen Jerec turns slightly with his upper body part to center his attention on the Rodian. We need this part. And only this woman is in our way. Mum, I hope you were right about my talent...

[Jerec] I think you have forgotten your datapad in the house. Go and get it.

With a slight move of his right hand from the left to the right he chanels the Sway and all it's manipulating energy upon the Rodian memories.


---------------------------
OOC:
Force Point: Force Point (1d6=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=341570)
Affect Mind: Affect Mind 13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=341575) + 4 (Force Point) = 17
Affect Mind = 17 :=> Will Saving Throw DC 15.
-4 Vitality Points.

RemyLeBeau
21 January 2006, 01:23 PM
The Rodian woman's large black eyes don't glaze over like someone under the influence of the Sway. She looks at you, even more stern than usual.

"What, you think you're a Jedi or something? I don't even own a datapad."

That also seems to be the final straw on her belief in your story. She doesn't turn tha Pimmen on, instead looks at you inquisitively and asks:

"Exactly why do you need that fibersteel? I don't think your car broke down."

OOC - - -
Just in case anyone wants to know, that was the last strike in her Trust hit points - it's a little rule I like to use when someone is operating under a Bluff. She started out with 5 HP for your lie, then:
-1 for the item being unusual
-1 for you not knowing about the speeder model
-3 for trying a Jedi mind trick on her

Uron Teff
26 January 2006, 09:19 AM
Eyeing the Rodian carefully Jerec considers once again his odds. Not good. Defenitly not good. With his right hand slightly moving towards the holster of his blaster pistol and silently opening the knob while he opens his mouth and tries to explain himself.

[Jerec] Well you got me on this. You're defenitly right when you're suggesting that I don't need the fibresteel for a speeder.

Still sitting inside the speeder truck Jerec thinks about the chances that his two friends could have received the comlink call. On the other hand this situation wasn't as bad as Jerec thought. It was only an - as far as he could tell - unarmed female Rodian sitting next to him. If he could distract her to get his blaster this would be a piece of cake.

[Jerec] I was just think. What would you say if I could offer you...[takes out his wallet] ... let's say 200 cr. and you just forget what you've asked?

Holding the credits chip within his left hand his right hand lies even nearer to the blaster pistols barrel. I hope I don't need to use this thing.

:EDIT:
Edited according to the OOC.

Stormrider
5 February 2006, 11:55 AM
What the frack is going on....?! Fin hissed in frustration...something was wrong...........the stupid Poodoo noble wasn't one to dilly dally along......as he saw Jerec get into the truck with the rodian woman.


Glancing to Joyl..the rodian grunted.

Stupid fracker's gotten himself in trouble I'll bet..........Lets go bail his butt out of the fire....

darth_wyld
5 February 2006, 01:00 PM
Stupid fracker's gotten himself in trouble I'll bet..........Lets go bail his butt out of the fire....

Joyl grinded his teeth, sand crunching between them.

No, let's wait. Maybe he'll pull out of it... they won't shoot him and maybe it's... educational. So he learns he can't decide and do anything by himself.

He looked over to Fin, a lopsided grin on his face.

Stormrider
5 February 2006, 01:10 PM
The rodian was torn....The desire to help his "friend" and let him learn a lesson as Joyl suggested

Fin ground his teeth and clenched his hand into a fist..turning the knuckles white from the effort...

Awww frack........


Considering the rodian tended to dive head first into everything and stubbornly hold his ground..his words would probably suprise Joyl..


Your right..let the stupid fracker learn a lesson......but we'll need to get him out if it gets too bad.....Without hurting anyone if possible..

RemyLeBeau
6 February 2006, 08:10 AM
[Jerec] I was just think. What would you say if I could offer you...[takes out his wallet] ... let's say 200 cr. and you just forget what you've asked?

The Rodian woman looks at the credits as if the sum were not enough, but finally gave in to her own greed and snatched them from Jerec's hand. She leans over to Jerec, hissing:

"You did not get this fiberglass from me. You've never even seen this place before. You got that?"

She leans back in the seat of the Pimmen, as if her conspiracy had taken a physical toll on her. Then she starts the ancient engine and, without looking at Jerec, says:

"I'll drop it off half a klick from the house - after that you're on your own."

Uron Teff
6 February 2006, 10:33 AM
Nice, this could have get worse. But hey, we've got our piece. Jerec thinks as the Rodian takes the 200 credits out of his hand. Reaching fo his comlink he hears the Rodian speak.


[Rodian] You did not get this fiberglass from me. You've never even seen this place before. You got that?

Turning his head to the Rodian he replies.

[Jerec] Of course. We found it somewhere.

He finishes the sentence with a wink of his right eye to signalize that he understood that nobody should know about their little "contract". Just before he could manage to activate the comlink the Rodian speaks to him once again.


[Rodian] I'll drop it off half a klick from the house - after that you're on your own.

Not answering to the Rodian and after the search for Fin's and Joyl's frequence, he activates the comlink and speaks out loud.

[Jerec] I got it, ladies. Just follow the Pimmen one click and then we can get the missing ingridience.

Within the finishing of the message Jerec turns again to face the female Rodian. Seconds later he ask with a slight grin upon his face.

[Jerec] I hope you don't mind that my friends had watched us all the time. And yes, I'll be pleased if you drop me and the fibersteel off one click away. You know, we're very friendly and honest persons and we do not want to harm anybody. Please keep this in mind.

Not trying ot intimidate the Rodian Jerec looks her straight in the eye with a honest and inocent look upon his face.

RemyLeBeau
7 February 2006, 09:45 AM
The Rodian woman seems more suspicious after finding out that they had been watched, but shrugs.

"That's what I would have done. I suppose I can't blame you."


[Jerec] I got it, ladies. Just follow the Pimmen one click and then we can get the missing ingridience.

She doesn't look away from the road, which is rather difficult to see with the headlights turned off, but says sharply:

"Half a klick - I said that far and I'll take you that far."

After the distance has been traveled, the Pimmen is almost within sight of the speeder. If she had turned on the headlights it would be in view, but she keeps the lights off. The Rodian woman turns and looks at Jerec with a look on her face that almost approached comraderie.

"All right, you kids got what you wanted - good luck with the escape."

--- IC ---
Obviously the Rodian has figured out what you intend to do - lead infused fibersteel of the amount you wanted is something used only in heavy engines, like the Pimmen or the starship. It was a simple Intelligence check to figure it out.

darth_wyld
9 February 2006, 12:40 PM
Ok. He did it and we have to walk again... great. And no educational value...

Joyl put the rifle he had in hand back onto his back and began to trott through the sand after the pimmen...

Stormrider
9 February 2006, 05:41 PM
Awww Fracking piece of poodoo The rodian swore as he marched along behind Joyl. The rodian was tired,crank,and in a generally foul mood. Nothing was going right..it had been a very bad day.


...........Fracking Rebels.....Fracking Empire......Fracking Poodoo head Hutts. He thought in ange and frustration.

RemyLeBeau
10 February 2006, 09:42 AM
The Rodian woman, after helping Jerec haul the heavy lead out of the back of the Pimmen, gets back in the heavy duty vehicle and goes back the way she came. The lights are still not on.

Within moments Joyl and Fin show up through the darkness, all three standing around the lead fibersteel and trying to think of a way to move it.

Uron Teff
12 February 2006, 01:52 PM
Eyeing the lead fibersteel Jerec tries to think of something helpfull. Maybe we could use the speeder to transport this?

[Jerec] Okay, one thing for sure: we'll need to get this to our ship. Fin do you think the speeder could transport it?

Awaiting Fin's response Jerec check in his mind people he once knew and who owned him a favor or two. I know there was a guy whom I helped once. Maybe...

darth_wyld
14 February 2006, 01:50 AM
Don't forget, there are still the rebels around

Joyl tried to lift the lead fibresteel and dropped it again with a grunt.

Phew, that's the heavy kind of heavy...

RemyLeBeau
14 February 2006, 04:42 PM
*fast-forward*

Everyone is inside the rock pit behind Fin's house. (Actually, his parents' house) The entire depression is about 30 feet deep and 70 feet by 50 feet in size. (Metric versions: 10 meters deep, 22 x 16 meters) The sides are fairly steep, maybe about 40 degrees from level. The airspeeder is parked just a few feet from the house, which is about 1500 meters away and up a slight hill.

The entire pit is shielded from the sand because it lies downwind of the main city, keeping too much from falling inside. The rest is stopped by a few sand-colored tarps stretched from side to side. There is a cut in one tarp that is about the height of a person, making a kind of door.

There are assorted tools and machinery in some crates outside the ship, and a few wires run from a power droid under the ship and into the main hatch. Joyl is standing next to the hatch, listening for the next time Fin calls for equipment. Jerec is petting Afi, Fin's pet Kaav. The mutt's inquisitive nose is allowed around because he barks madly when hearing strangers approach the house - and hopefully he will do the same in the pit. The lights in the pit are subdued to avoid attracting the attention of any low-flying scouts. Chkk - Commander, we've got a glowing pit in sector N Alpha Delta, over. Chkk :D

Stormrider
17 February 2006, 04:02 PM
Fin was currently hunched over the engine..a wielding torch gripped in a gloved hand. Swearing and cursing could be heard from inside the ship..Fracking piece of poodoo! Stay damnet!

Black eyes were squinted as he ran the torch along the hunk of fibersteel..It had taken him all damn night..but Fin had at last gotten it ready to be bolted and wielded in place..Not a fracking chance it was coming loose.


Discarding the torch..he bellowed to Joyl....


Gimme the damn hydrospanner....ready to bolt this damn thing in...and we'll see if it'll stay

-OPEN-


His teeth were gritted....The wielding could be redone...but this had to be perfect..or else..it was all over. Slowly Fin the rodian tech began to bolt the fibersteel into place....hoping and praying to whatever deity would listen that nothing went wrong.


Craft (Space Transports) check. 23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=367753)

Fharion
17 February 2006, 05:22 PM
Ortalis stumbles through the desert, bleeding from several wounds on his chest and arms. He is limping away from the city, where he and his Imperial Police unit were ambushed by the Hutt police.They had seen things they were not supposed to see. They didn't stand a chance, they were outnumbered 5 to 1. Ortalis barely managed to escape through a garbage chute. He made his way south from the city, dodging Hutt patrols and hoping to find somewhere he could lie down and patch himself up.

"Damn Hutts, murderers, my friends, all dead, all dead", He mutters.

He is severely injured and near the point of collapse when he spots a house on the horizon.

Stormrider
18 February 2006, 08:24 AM
As the last bolt went in without a hitch. Fin quickly ran the standard tests to check for radiation leakage and would poke and prod the engine..nothing was wrong..the bolts had gone in perfectly....the wielding was fine.

Time to run a few more diagnostics checks.on the vessel overall.and if nothing went wrong..the ship that was supposed carry them to freedom would be ready to fly.


Giddily the rodian began to go over the ship with a fine tooth comb.


Sithspawn! Come on you son of a fracking Hutt..don't fail me..now



Computer Use check. 16 (Take 10+6 skill mod) (Check Ship systems)
Knowledge (Technology) check. 15 (Take 10+5 skill mod) (Ship Structure)

RemyLeBeau
18 February 2006, 06:03 PM
As Fin is running the final checks on the engine and finding them satisfactory, Jerec notices the Kaav suddenly perk up, all four eyes looking intently out over the sand.


Gvrrf! Vvvvrf!

Suddenly Afi goes into a frenzy, straining against its tether and Gvvrfing madly against something unseen.

Fharion
19 February 2006, 09:47 AM
Listen 1d20+1->[17,1] = (18)

Hearing sounds from somewhere ahead, Ortalis ducks behind a dune, looking across the desert ahead for a sign of what caused the noise.

"What the Sith..."

Spot Check 1d20+1->[15,1] = (16)

Hide Check 1d20+2->[6,2] = (8)

darth_wyld
19 February 2006, 01:13 PM
Gimme the damn hydrospanner....ready to bolt this damn thing in...and we'll see if it'll stay

Joyl grabbed the hydrospanner and sauntered into the transporter.

"Here you are, dear Sir, glad to be of service." he said in a happy sing-song voice and went outside again, carefully sidestepping open floorpanels and snaking cables.

Outside he sat down by the main hatch looking around with a sigh.


Suddenly Afi goes into a frenzy, straining against its tether and Gvvrfing madly against something unseen.

"Frag! FRAG! MOTHER OF ALL FRAGS!!!" Joyl grumbled while grabbing his rifle and climbing up to the rim of the depression on the side that Afi was Gvvrfing at.

Coming to the rim he looked carfully to check the area.

****
Spot Check: Spot Check (1d20+3=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=369319)

"Drat! Dere's sand in me eye..."

RemyLeBeau
21 February 2006, 02:24 PM
You see nothing, save the night sky and the quiet, cool sand. The dunes go on and on for what seems like forever. A couple hundred kilometers out you can see the faint lights of the closest city, and two moons, one a comfortable blue and the other tinted greenish-yellow, circle each other high in the sky, which means it is only about 9:00 at night.

OOC - - -
Listen check, please.

Stormrider
21 February 2006, 04:42 PM
Just as he was finishing up the checks..the sound of Affi going beserk made Fin pause and swear.

Awwww frack! Not now....Hope this is a damn false alarm.,

At a fast walk the rodian would exit the ship gazing around wildly for the source of Affi's warning.


Frack! Why now! Hands were clenched tight as he strained his eyes and ears trying to spot or hear something..anything.

NO! NO! NO! We're so close to getting the frack out of here and something has to go wrong..........

OOC. Skill checks
Spot 15. Listen 6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=371132)

darth_wyld
22 February 2006, 12:08 AM
Joyl squinted into the night, only seeing dunes and sand...

I hope it's some little scurry rodent that mutt wants to hunt... please!

*****
OOC: Listen: 1d20+3=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=371381) Hahaha....gnrr... There's sand in me ear, too...

Uron Teff
22 February 2006, 12:42 AM
Suddenly Afi goes into a frenzy, straining against its tether and Gvvrfing madly against something unseen.

Taping Afi's back with his left hand, Jerek does not bother to look up into the night in order to search the surrounding area and simply opens the holster of his blaster pistol. Then eying his two companions as they stare at the light at the horizon he opens his mouth.

[Jerec] Okay, folks staring doesn't help us much. Get the ship ready and power the engines up. I'll check out what's out there. This is the only way we know for sure if we're fragged or not.

He moves to a near desk and takes Afi's leash and a flashlight. To finalize his preparations for the little "journey" Jerec checks the power pack of his blaster pistol and turns it from STUN to KILL while muttering.

[Jerec] Just to be sure.

After he had clipped the leash at Afi's neckband he takes a few steps outside of the building. Now examining the surrounding his ears are also searching for the slightest noice audible.

----------------
OOC:
Spot check Jerec (1d20+1=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=371399)
Listen check Jerec (1d20+1=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=371400)
And once again, Fortuna hates me :P

darth_wyld
22 February 2006, 05:46 AM
Joyl ducked back down and hissed towards Jerec.

"And why exactly is it you again going out there and doing stuff? I have some experience in being silent and not-being-seen! And you want to go out there with Afi and present a wonderful target! Frag!"

Uron Teff
22 February 2006, 05:59 AM
[Joyl] And why exactly is it you again going out there and doing stuff? I have some experience in being silent and not-being-seen! And you want to go out there with Afi and present a wonderful target! Frag!

As Joyl finishes his words with a curse Jerec turns on his heels with a broad grin in his face. Not hesitating another second he opens his mouth and hisses back.

[Jerec] I knew that you were saying this, Joyl. And you're totally right, you've got more experience with this particular case. But think about it. If Afi is going wild because of the Imps I could probably convince them that here is nothing of interest.

Viewing Joyl's still puzzeled face Jerec continues.

[Jerec] And well, I thought that you could sneak around from the other direction to cover me in case someone or something goes wild, eh?

Awaiting Joyls answer Jerec stands still and views once again the horizon with a quick glance.

darth_wyld
22 February 2006, 06:17 AM
Joyl looked at Jerec for a few seconds. Then he nodded.

"Fine! I'll cover you."

Then he rolled from under the tarp outside into the dunes, ducked behind the next dune and began to move, hopefully without being seen.


******************
OOC:

Hide: 1d20+4=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=371576)
Move Silently: (1d20+4=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=371577)

At least I got no sand in my... hide-organs?

Uron Teff
22 February 2006, 06:59 AM
While Joyl starts to sneak from dune to dune without the slightest noise - as far a Jerec could tell - he bends down to Afi. With his mind focused on the small creature his hand taps its head. Reaching out throug the Sway Jerec calms Afi.

[Jerec] Good, boy. Now lets find the bad guys, yeah?

Opposed to Joyl's form of movement Jerec is not interested in hiding his movement. Igniting the flashlight and scaning the area around him even more proper than he had done before, he walks on, pulled by Afi - hopefully towards the possible threat.
I hope this works out, just as I have planed it.

Fharion
22 February 2006, 12:44 PM
Knowing he is too injured to survive another fight and tired of running, Ortalis conciders surrender. Grabbing his rife and muttering a quick oath under his breath. "God I hope these arn't Hutts."

Ortalis Calls Out Please, I surrender, I was attacked by raiders in the desert. I am badly hurt, could you please help me."

Ortalis doesn't stand up and reveal himself. He doesn't want to give anyone an easy target.

EDIT------
Do these guys look like Hutt soldiers
Spot Check [18,1] = 19
No sand for me:D

darth_wyld
23 February 2006, 01:42 AM
Joyl heard a voice rise from the dunes. He went to the top of a dune to get a good firing position and looked for the source of the voice.

What the... he seems to... surrender? Is that a trap from these Rebel-bastards?

Breathing deep and slow he kept his sights on the area he thought the voice came from...

RemyLeBeau
23 February 2006, 02:46 PM
Fin:
As you step outside to look for the intruder, the buzz and flash of the hydrospanner are still clouding your brain - you can't see anything, but in a few moments you might be able to tell what's going on.
Joyl:
Sneaking around the dunes, you stop at the base of a large mound, your head just barely above it. You don't think you're making too much noise, but it's hard to tell. Your eyes are still adjusting from the bright BaiLights, and there isn't much you can make out. Jerec has his light on someone you can't see too well, and Afi is struggling madly against the leash. You can't tell what they're saying that well, but it's pretty obvious the stranger is surrendering.
Jerec:
Afi is still jumping and pulling at the leash, but more in an attempt to sniff and lick than anything aggresive. You come over the top of a dune, play your flashlight inside, and see an Imperial Inspector.with his hands raised. You can see that his uniform is ripped and charred, with several near misses from blaster bolts and at least one vibroknife wound.
Ortalis:
As you stop and surrender, a bright light flashes over your face and blinds you. You can't tell who is holding the light, but you can hear an animal near them, probably a Kaav, judging by the size.


OOC---
Fharion, can you please make another Listen check? New situation, new check.
Other than that, RP away!

Uron Teff
24 February 2006, 05:47 AM
As the flashlight firstly highlights the person infront of Jerec a sudden flash of fear creeps through his whole body. Imperials! HERE! Just as he finishs this thought his view falls upon the ripped and charred uniform of the soldier and his raised hands. This must be a trap. They know about us...
Neither hesitating nor taking down the flashlight Jerec steps up to the Imperial Inspector, leaving the Afi leashed to his arm. Within the movement Jerec pulls out his blaster and unlocks it.
With a fast move he stepped around the Imperial pointing his blaster pistol at the back of his head.

[Jerec] Who are you? And why are you out here?

After a short pause he continues the questioning.

[Jerec] Who else is out here? Speak! Or I have to use my blaster.

Fharion
24 February 2006, 06:56 AM
Seeing these people are odviously not in the employ of the Hutts, Ortalis calmly states:

"Please, put the gun down. I'm in no condition to hurt you. My unit was attacked by Hutt soldiers, who might be out there looking for me as we speak. We might want to get off the top of this sand dune as that bright flash was probably visible from quite a distance...

I don't plan to harm you , so I would strongly suggest you stop pointing that gun at me."

Ortalis' only weapon appears to be the blaster pistol on his right hip.

Stormrider
25 February 2006, 06:33 PM
Fin shook his head rapidly trying to clear out the haze caused by the Hydrospanner.

Aw frack! Jerec! Joyl! Whats going on..and where the frell are you! The rodian bellowed..obviously not happy about being left in the dark. Grumpily he drew his blaster and waited for their reply. This time it wasn't set to stun..but to kill.

Frack! Hope its not the Imps.or the Hutts..Ugh..if it is. Then what'll we do?

Impatiently the rodian would stamp his foot.

RemyLeBeau
25 February 2006, 09:42 PM
OOC -
All your most recent Spot checks are good enough to see this, so I'll just post it.

IC -
At the very farthest limit of sight, you see two lights, moving in unison, bobbing up and down over the dunes. At walking speed, they are probably thirty minutes away.

Uron Teff
26 February 2006, 04:50 PM
Please, put the gun down. I'm in no condition to hurt you. My unit was attacked by Hutt soldiers, who might be out there looking for me as we speak. We might want to get off the top of this sand dune as that bright flash was probably visible from quite a distance... I don't plan to harm you, so I would strongly suggest you stop pointing that gun at me.

Lets keep playing this game. Jerec thinks with a slight smirk arising in his face. Switching off the flashlight he moves towards the Imperial.

[Jerec] I hope I didn't scared you. You don't know what you meet out here, do you?

I bet he isn't. This time a glance of subtle irony is flashing in his eyes, barely visible at daylight but not at this twilight. Just as he holstered his blaster pistol a thought appeared in his mind. I should contact Joyl and Fin. Tell them that everything is allright... almost. Reaching inside his pocket for the comlink his eyes examine the trooper infront of him. Before activating the comlink he speaks once more to the stranger.

[Jerec] Well, I think I could carry you to my home or can you walk? Oh, I and a friend of mine were working on our speeder just over there. [I][points in the general direction] He must be worrying about me. I'm contacting him, just to let you know.

Without further ado he switches the comlink on and searches for Joyl's and Fin's com-frequence.

[Jerec] Joyl, I found something. Better someone. An Imperial. I think he's wounded. We have to take care of him. He's not looking too good. I'll bring him along. Fin, can you read me?

Just before Joyl or anyone else could have a chance to reply to his message Jerec switches the comlink off and views it for a while. Then again turning to the soldier infront of him.

[Jerec] Damn, those batteries. Hopefully he got the signal. You must know, he's very jumpy. Especially at nights.

Bending down to Afi with his hand tapping on the Kaav's back his view lasts on the Imperial to make his move towards Fin's place.

Fharion
26 February 2006, 05:36 PM
I hope this isn't a trap... How could the the %*$# Imperial command just leave me here! B___ards probably think I'm dead.

... Calm Ortalis, find the calm, just like the instructor told you. Before they shot him for being a bloody Jedi, that is...

Ortalis reaches down, picking up his bag. He walks up to the sharply dressed civilian, offering his hand.

"Thank you for the offer, neighbor, but I can walk. My name is Ortalis. I assume you live in the house ahead? A little far out for a buisnessman like yourself."

If this fellow was a Hutt soldier, he would have shot me already, still doesn't mean I can trust him. I wonder, maybe he knows a way I can get a message off-world. I need to report to command.

There will be time for that later, he thinks, checking himself. I need to stop bleeding first...

Reaching into his bag as if to check for something, Ortalis makes sure his blaster rifle is ready to fire. Always be prepared...

Uron Teff
26 February 2006, 06:09 PM
Thank you for the offer, neighbor, but I can walk. My name is Ortalis. I assume you live in the house ahead? A little far out for a buisnessman like yourself.

Jerec slightly at the perceptive comment of the Imperial soldier. With an inviting gesture directed towards "his" home he replied just as calm and level-headed as he wants to appear.

[Jerec] The fact that I love the quiet peace out here may be the main reason why I wanted to stay outside of the big cities.

Walking near the Imperial he continues.

[Jerec] But as you have seen I have to be prepared for unwelcome visitors - no offense.

With a huge grin visible on his face he eyes the Imperial as suddenly the delighted expression upon his face fades. Now with a mixture of confusion and interest in the soldier he does not stop talking.

[Jerec] Nonetheless, you said you were attacked by [I]Hutt soldier. How so? I know that this is none of my business but believe me, I made some experience with this sort of thugs myself. Maybe I could offer you a little help to avoid further... trouble?

With his view wandering from the soldier to "his" housing in front of them he makes up his mind.

[Jerec] Why don't we discuss this at my place? With a hot stim tea?

I guess this is working better than I could have imagined... Once again a infinitisimal sign of irony appears for only a millisecond upon his face bare - almost unlikely - to viewable in the near darkness of the approaching night.

RemyLeBeau
27 February 2006, 10:09 AM
Jerec - looking back on the horizon you see the two lights out on the sand disappear again. This is only a small relief, because they show up again, moving rhythmically up and down together and still pointed toward the house. At this point it's evident that the lights aren't two people with flashlights, but the headlights of a vehicle - and at only 300 meters away, they should be here very shortly!

Fharion
27 February 2006, 05:31 PM
Perhaps this fellow is a little too helpful, I wonder what his motives are.

Ortalis puts on his best expressionless officer face. "As you have probably guessed, I am an officer of the Imperial police. Your hospitality will be well rewarded." Ortalis says, as officially as possible. He has always had trouble with the favors and rewards system of the Imperial government.

Let's see what we can find out. Ortalis thinks, with an almost inperceptable smile.

'Tell me, what do you know of the Hutts on this world? I find it unusual for them to allow such a casual reproach by their citizens, they are usually far harsher in their daily dealings. I assume you don't have all that much respect for the government."

Feeling the hairs on the back of his neck rise, as they always do before a troublesome situation, Ortalis looks around.

(Spot Check [20,1] = 21 (HAH))

Uron Teff
28 February 2006, 07:59 AM
[Ortalis] Tell me, what do you know of the Hutts on this world? I find it unusual for them to allow such a casual reproach by their citizens, they are usually far harsher in their daily dealings. I assume you don't have all that much respect for the government.

Turning slightly towards the Imperial as they kept on walking Jerec examines the face of the soldier.

[Jerec] To be frank, I've worked - as almost the entire populization of Djanakai - for a Hutt. But due to personal "issues" I've retired from work there.

With a slight sigh he continues.

[Jerec] You have to consider that the Imperials don't care much about the working class. They let us live and exist in freedom. This is compared to the oppression we undergo by the Hutt Crime Syndicates prefered by me.

Turning around to look once again to scan the horizon and the near area for Joyl Jerec's view rests on a sertain point not far away.

At this point it's evident that the lights aren't two people with flashlights, but the headlights of a vehicle - and at only 300 meters away, they should be here very shortly!
With a calm voice in what no whit of panic was audible he continued the conversation between the Imperial soldier and him.

[Jerec] You said, you were attacked by Hutt raiders not far away, is that correct.

After slightly pausing to let his words settle into the soldiers brain he continues to speak.

[Jerec] If this is so, then either your back-up troop is searching for you or the hutt raiders are doing the same. Why I come to this conclusion. Well, just over there, the lights.

Viewing the approaching lights once more he stops. Then after a second he picks up his last sentence.

[Jerec] Well, it is your desission. Do you want to find out who this is? Or do you want a place where you can hide and sit this situation out? Your decission...

Fharion
28 February 2006, 12:50 PM
Looking at the headlights, Ortalis pulls his blaster rifle from the sack, and looks for a good firing position ahead.

He powers up the rifle and the bayonet.

He says in an ironious tone
"Let's find out, shall we."

RemyLeBeau
1 March 2006, 04:48 AM
Fharion:

Through the scope you can get a better look at the driver - his face is washed greenish from the light on the display, but it's obvious he's a Human, and a very pissed-off one at that. You can't see past him into the back, but you can see a Rodian in the passenger seat. Other than that, the glare from the oncoming headlights is too much.

Everyone:

The car is closing in - and it's picking up speed. Now that it's past the largest of the dunes, it revs up to almost 80 mph - or 130 kph. By now you can hear the screaming of the engine, and it's obvious that they've spotted you, too.

Uron Teff
1 March 2006, 06:11 AM
While the Imperial trooper stared through his scope Jerec doesn't waste time and started to run towards the housing. In mid run he get grip of his comlink and activates it to signal Joyl and Fin. Turning his head slightly to take a look at the Officer and to be sure that he is not hearing the communication, he starts to speak.

[Jerec] Okay, folks we've got company. Joyl, if you think you're still out of sight stay there, otherwise I'd run. Fin get the Lady ready, will ya?

He keeps on running towards the house.

darth_wyld
1 March 2006, 07:19 AM
[Jerec] Okay, folks we've got company. Joyl, if you think you're still out of sight stay there, otherwise I'd run. Fin get the Lady ready, will ya?

Well, I may be out of sight but I'm most certainly out of the "Lady" they are getting ready... and when she's ready I don't want to stay here...

Joyl got up from his perch and began a hunched dash toward the pit, tying his blasterrifle back onto his back.

RemyLeBeau
1 March 2006, 09:44 AM
Joyl:
Luckily, the ship is already in a halfway state of running, since the engines needed to be on to test the lead fibersteel cover. Even as you step into the pit, you can see the residual glow from the ship's engines idling.
There is still a few things left to start up, but if you and Fin both work on it, you should have the ship ready to lift off in about three minutes.

Jerec:
You can see the pit lit up with the working lights under the canvas, and a small green-blue glow from the engines, since they haven't been shut off from Fin's tests yet.

Fharion:
The vehicle is only minutes away from you - since you're the closest, you can just barely hear through the engine's whine a metallic Varrrrummmmmmm increasing in pitch and volume. Make a Knowledge check.

Fharion
1 March 2006, 01:16 PM
Ortalis notices his newly found comrades seem to be departing expediously and decides to follow.

You wouldn't happen to have a way out of here, would you?

----------------------------
1d20 [17,0]= 17

Uron Teff
3 March 2006, 09:08 AM
While in full run and just after he finished the communication Jerec hear the Imperial soldier speak from behind.

Originally posted by Fharion
[Ortalis] You wouldn't happen to have a way out of here, would you?

Frag this Imperial scum. He won't get on the ship even if I had to die to stop him. Jerec thinks as he continues the sprint for Fin's housing. But wait, maybe we could use him. Who knows what wait in Space for us. Maybe Imperial troops? Imperial Ships? Who knows? He knows. He stops and turns around to the soldier.

[Jerec] Okay enough ado you Imperial scum. Here's the deal. You tell us everything you know about the Imperial force in the Djanakai system and we'll take you off of the planet. Furthermore if there are any ship or security checks you have to bring us past them.

Slightly smiling to himself as he sees the Imperial soldier approaching towards his possition.

[Jerec] Feel free to gun me down and stay on the planet. Or you can accept our terms. Choose quick and wisely. You know, I'm not affraid that Hutt thugs will catch me. I've got friends.

Still standing there he view the approaching speeder. And with a huge smile upon his face his final words come over his lips.

[Jerec] You heared my terms. Choose! There isn't much time left.

Fharion
3 March 2006, 01:16 PM
"Scum?, What have I ever done to you?"

pausing for a second...

I can use my clearance to get us past any Imperial ships, the Hutts are your problem. I might even be able to arrange asylum on an Imperial world

I know absolutly jack.

I will tell you what I know about the Imperial forces in this sector. I think that this is a rather poor place to do it, however. I suggest we get moving unless you'd like our friends in the speeder to join in the conversation as well.

Uron Teff
3 March 2006, 01:24 PM
[Ortalis] I can use my clearance to get us past any Imperial ships, the Hutts are your problem. I might even be able to arrange asylum on an Imperial world
I will tell you what I know about the Imperial forces in this sector. I think that this is a rather poor place to do it, however. I suggest we get moving unless you'd like our friends in the speeder to join in the conversation as well.

I don't trust him. This was almost too easy. No objections? Strange...
Nodding at the Imperials response Jerec pointed with his right hand towards Fin's building.

[Jerec] I don't trust you. You go... I mean run first. Move!

Jerec starts to run immediatly after the Ortalis started to continue his movement towards the house.

Fharion
3 March 2006, 04:50 PM
As Ortalis runs for the house, he calls to Jerec.

"They've got an E-Web, be prepared to hit the dirt. I hope they arn't equipped for night fighting."

RemyLeBeau
4 March 2006, 08:22 PM
The sound of the engines behind you increases until you think they're practically meters away - they are close enough, however, for you to hear one voice whoop:


Yeeeaaaah! We gon' be gettin' some shootin' done tonight!

The vehicle skids up until it's a few dozen meters away from Ortalis, then slides sideways (almost falls over, but manages to stay upright) and the passenger jumps out of the seat and behind an E-Web blaster mounted in the back of the truck!

The driver opens the door, stays behind its cover, and looks through the window as he pulls his blaster out.

- - - - -
Roll Initiative, and try to get a good image of what the field looks like:
A big open desert plain, with a pit about 30 meters away, and a house about 80 meters away. The pit is still covered in the tarping, but now a lot of light is seeping through the canvas, because of the engines warming up and all.

Stormrider
4 March 2006, 08:40 PM
A rodian voice would fill the air. Come on you sons of Sithspawn! Engines are getting warmed up. and mind tell me what the frack is going on?!

Black eyes were narrowed and his teeth ground in the night. Fin had his blaster pistol out.



MOVE! We aint got all fracking day he bellowed for good measure.

Init. 18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=380394)

Uron Teff
5 March 2006, 03:17 PM
At the sound of engines screaming behind him Jerec turns just to see the halting speeder and the out of the speeder jumping pilot of the same.
WIthout hesitation Jerec mobilizes all his energies and runs towards the pit he spoted only a second ago for shelter for the presumed fire from behind.

-----------------
OOC: Run to the pit. (max 40m per round)

darth_wyld
6 March 2006, 04:26 AM
Hearing the engines, Joyl turned around from the ship and went back to the entry to the pit, taking his blaster rifle back into his hands. At the entry he took a good firing position and looked for targets while muttering curses under his breath.

OOC:
Initiative (1d20+1) (1d20+1=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=381216)

Joyl will cover the retreat of the others, firing when targets show (using his sporting rifle and Far Shot).

Fharion
6 March 2006, 03:30 PM
Cursing, Ortalis turns and drops to the sand, aiming his blaster rifle at the thug behind the E-Web. Muttering a prayer, he fires. Drawing upon some reserve in himself, he aims and fires again in the blink of an eye.

------------------------------------------------
2 attack rolls, one from heroic surge.

Attack:
This is an attack roll to kill the thug behind the e web. (1d20+3=13, 1d20+3=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=381607)
Damage:
This is a damage roll to kill the thug behind the e web. (3d8+3=15, 3d8+3=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=381608)

I used Invis Castle, so you could be sure i'm honest.

RemyLeBeau
8 March 2006, 04:32 PM
Ortalis:

Your first blaster bolt hits the gunner above his right knee, he grabs his leg, and he drops from the E-Web with a sharp cry.
The second shot hits him directly in the forehead. His head snaps backward, and his body is still as it slumps over in the back of the truck.

- - - - - -

Das ist sehr eindrucksvoll - you obliterated him! 8o

I tried to make this a Schwieriges battle, but you just turned it into a Herausfordern little fight.

- - - - - -

The surviving thug, the Human, looks over at his comrade dying on the back of their truck and his eyes get wide.


Holy frell! Dicce - are you okay?

He snatches a case from behind the driver's seat and pulls something apart from the case. He sticks his hand into the case and scoops out a large handful or something you can't identify, then slaps it onto his companion's face with a wet shwack.

Suddenly aware that there were still enemies around, he whirls around with his pistol in his left hand. In the thundering silence, he wipes his hand on his pants and holds the pistol in both hands again.


Alright, you irradiated son of a Bantha! You'll die!

He points his gun directly at Jerec and fires. (Unable to see Ortalis, who is well concealed by the sand, he fires at the only opponent he sees.) The shot is true, and hits Jerec on the inside of his right arm, above the elbow.

- - - OOC - - -
Attack roll:
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=383261 (Natural 20)
Critical check:
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=383262 (Another Natural 20)
Damage Roll:
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=383265 (6, 6, 6 - 18)
Ach, mein Gott! Dieser Mann ist ein Dämon!

The only way I'll let you get through this (while conscious, anyway) is by using a Force Point. If you don't want to do that, then you're dying and must be stabilized by a friend...

Stormrider
9 March 2006, 02:22 PM
A rodian howl would fill the night air as Fin heard the blaster bolts fly. Pivoting he would dash for the cockpit. Gloves hands worked as fast possible on the controls..trying to finish the engine power up as quickly as he could.




Come on you stupid piece of junk! Power up! Frustration would fill the rodian as the engines came online all to slowly.


(Computer Use check 16. Make the damn engines come online!)

RemyLeBeau
9 March 2006, 03:46 PM
You reroute the power from life support and shielding to the activation pumps on the engine system, then open the emergency vents to the outside, bringing fresh air back in - with an annoying little 'Warning' light as a side effect.

The engines, because of the extra power, cuts its startup time from 3 minutes to around 90 seconds, and you can feel the vibrations from the argon pipes as they start to harmonize with the engine's movements.

Fharion
9 March 2006, 04:03 PM
Ortalis Curses, "Damn, just hold on for second."

He fires at the remaining thug
-----------------------------------------------
1d20+3=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=384033)
Crit Possible
Roll to confirm crit (1d20+3=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=384037)
Hah, I guess not.

Damage
3d8+3=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=384048)

RemyLeBeau
9 March 2006, 05:32 PM
The human is standing directly in front of his comrade, to prevent him from being hit again. After making his shot, Ortalis lines up another shot and fires.

The blaster bolt was originally meant for the human's face, but instead the shot hit him in the solid part of his left shoulder, knocking him a little to the side and confusing him for a moment. After all, he had thought Jerec was the only one out there.

The human turns back to face the desert, holding the pistol out over the sand.


Alright, who else is out there? I'll blast you too!

After a moment of looking he sees Ortalis lying on the sand and fires. The shot is true, and grazes Ortalis's ear before landing solidly on the meat of his shoulder.

- - - - - -
Attack roll:
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=384078
No need for a critical roll
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?u=GM&limit=on
Damage totaled to 16
Ortalis, time to call in a Force Point, eh? Either that or it's curtains.

Uron Teff
10 March 2006, 10:27 AM
As the pain struck through Jerec's right shoulder he instantly falls unconcious. Though unconcious and with nearly every bit of live vanished from his body, his mind still struggles with the real and living world.

[Jerec] No, I don't want to die. Not now. Not in the moment of triumph. I will not die. I'll kill this son of a slug. He'll pay!
[Voice] You don't need to die.
[Jerec] Who said that?
[Voice] You said that.
[Jerec] I?
[Voice] Yes, you.
[Jerec] Then how am I going to help me?
[Voice] Rage.
[Jerec] What? Rage? What does that suppose to mean?
[Voice] Anger.
[Jerec] What? What the frell are you talking about?
[Jerec] Wrath.
[Jerec] WHAT?!? DON'T TALK IN RIDDLES! SPEAK PLAIN TO ME!
[Voice] Good. GOOD. Don't you feel it?
[Jerec] FEEL? WHAT YOU SITHSPAWNED DORK? THIS ISN'T A FRACKING GAME!
[Voice] The anger gives you the strenght to survive. The rage will heal your wounds.

Jerec still remains unconcious but due to the influence of a dark force within him he is stabalized.

--------------------
OOC: GM approved. :D
Jerec won't remember this struggle with the Dark Side what granted him a FP and two DSPs.

RemyLeBeau
10 March 2006, 10:32 AM
...

darth_wyld
10 March 2006, 10:41 AM
With a grunt Joyl reaches the rim of the pit, his blaster rifle in his hands. His eyes take in the situation as the transport begins to rise and fly towards the scene.

Seeing only one person standing, that person armed and not Jerec he pulls the rifle to his shoulder and lets a bolt fly.

OOC:

Hope it's my turn now to die

Attack roll (Far shot) (1d20 +1=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=384528)

Damage roll (3d6=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=384530)

Fharion
10 March 2006, 12:52 PM
Wrong Thread, Sorry

RemyLeBeau
11 March 2006, 08:50 PM
Everything is silent for a few moments, as Jerec lays unconscious and Ortalis slowly bleeding onto the sand. Then the lights from inside the pit become brighter, and the YT-1300 bursts out from under the tarp.

The ship flies along on its taxiing repulsors, moving over to Ortalis and Jerec before spinning around and pointing its engines directly at the remaining enemy.

As the ship is still flying around, Joyl takes careful aim and fires. It hits the remaining enemy right in the center of the chest - he's knocked on his back and lies unmoving in the sand.

The ship closes the gap between itself and the vehicle, causing high-energy particles to bathe the entire area in electricity. The two bodies jump and twitch, while the electronics for the ship are completely fried.

The ship moves away from the vehicle again, and hovers slowly down next to Jerec and Ortalis. The landing doors open, and Fin can be seen at the controls, holding the ship steady on its sensitive repulsors.

By the time the ship has landed, the engines have changed from the beginning red and yellow to the signature blue-green that means they are fully warmed up.

darth_wyld
12 March 2006, 01:31 PM
"Ferfek! Frag! Frell!"

Joyl ran over towards Jerecs prone body. He came to a halt on his knees besides his body.

"You stupid nerf-fragger! Don't you frelling die on me here!"

He pulled out his comlink.

"FIN! GET YOUR SORRY BUTT OUT OF HERE AND BRING MEDPACS! I THINK JEREC IS FRAGGING DYING HERE!"

Looking back towards Jerecs body his hands started to shake. He had no idea what to do, his hands hovered over the wound, not daring to touch it.

Stormrider
12 March 2006, 02:04 PM
Ferfek! Frag! Frell!"

Joyl ran over towards Jerecs prone body. He came to a halt on his knees besides his body.

"You stupid nerf-fragger! Don't you frelling die on me here!"

He pulled out his comlink.

"FIN! GET YOUR SORRY BUTT OUT OF HERE AND BRING MEDPACS! I THINK JEREC IS FRAGGING DYING HERE!"

Looking back towards Jerecs body his hands started to shake. He had no idea what to do, his hands hovered over the wound, not daring to touch it.


] The entry ramp hit the ground with a hard Thud! as Fin rushed down to the scene below. Two Medpacs scrounged and stolen from various sources were clutched in shaking green hands.

A strangled rodian cry would fill the air as he saw Jerec....Jerec! Frell no! FRELLL! Hurriedly he would rush to his friends side...Frell..Oh Frell..Jerec no no no! Your somtimes a piece of poodoo...but for siths sake. your a friend!

Then he noticed the other person laying prone..bleeding out. The tattered uniform clearly marking him as an Imperial.........Fierfek...best to let him die....but that would be wrong. Fierfek! What to do What to do!

Tossing a Medpack to Joyl...Fin would kneel over Ortalis. Take care of Jerec.. The medpacks should have directions for use.

Fumbling with the Medpack and with no medical training Fin would attempt to stabalize the wounded Imperial.

Treat Injury check 16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=385977)

darth_wyld
13 March 2006, 12:51 AM
With shaking hands Joyl opened the medpac and looked at the tiny written instructions.

"But...but they are in Rodian!" he said with despair in his voice.

"No wait, here's Basic... "

He read the instructions and tried to put the medpack into use.
He fumbled around with a injector-vial, dropping it twice before putting it into the injector and applying a bacta-serum to the wound. He began to dress the wound, but the adhesive wouldn't really stick because of the sand. He added another compress to the wound, this time it stuck.
He was breathing, shallow but steady and his pulse wasn't racing, the medpac said that would have been a sign of shock and bad.

Joyl leaned back, fear, sorrow and helplessness on his face.

OOC:
Treat Injury, +1 WIS, no skillpoints: (1d20+1=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=386356)

RemyLeBeau
13 March 2006, 02:03 PM
Jerec, despite the beating he took from the blaster fight, has a better color in his cheeks than before, and isn't struggling to breathe any more. The Imperial is also looking better, although his wounds have a lot of sand in them - which implies he either rolled in the dunes for a few minutes or walked a long distance with some of his wounds. (Very impressive, since two of the old wounds are right in the muscle of his right leg.)

Stormrider
13 March 2006, 02:32 PM
A loud sigh would come from the rodian..now they had a major dillema. What the frack to do with the Imperial. Black eyes gazed to Joyl a mixture of concern and uncertainty showing through.

What the frell do we do with him? Can't leave him to die. Should we take the Imp with us? Bound and if necessary gagged of course. .


Slowly and unsteadily Fin rose and stumbled over to Jerec..green hands were shaking as he saw his friends wound.

He ok? As much as Fin sometimes cursed and quarreled with Jerec..the rodian still considered him a friend, Worry laced his voice.


Fierfek...This was supposed to be a happy day..getting of Djanakai. Jerec's wounded and we have the Imp to deal with. What do we do now?

RemyLeBeau
13 March 2006, 02:48 PM
IC - - -

Jerec stirs and coughs weakly. He tries to say something but it only comes out as a hoarse whisper:

Keep...the Imp...need him to... get off planet...codes...

OOC - - -
Since Jerec is offline right now, I sped it up a tad and made the roll for him. I was going through the OOC thread to find his Fortitude moditier, but unless his save is +0 he'll make it.
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=386794

darth_wyld
16 March 2006, 04:57 AM
"Okay. I'll get Jerec into the ship and maybe drag that Imp along... maybe you could go and see if there is something worth scrounging on that glider... keep your blaster ready, we don't know how dead the two are..."

Well... dead! That's a thought. You most certainly just killed somebody, Joyl...

"No time for that!" Joyl grumbled has he lifted Jerek carfully and carried him up the ramp.

RemyLeBeau
16 March 2006, 10:05 AM
Dragging Jerec back to the ship is more difficult than you expected - he's heavy, and trying to be careful with him is like trying to be careful with a 70kg sack of potatoes. With a little effort, you finally get him in the ship and on a cot.

Stormrider
16 March 2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by darth_wyld
"Okay. I'll get Jerec into the ship and maybe drag that Imp along... maybe you could go and see if there is something worth scrounging on that glider... keep your blaster ready, we don't know how dead the two are..."

Well... dead! That's a thought. You most certainly just killed somebody, Joyl...

"No time for that!" Joyl grumbled has he lifted Jerek carfully and carried him up the ramp.


Maybe...If they aren't dead..they will be. Fin noted grimly. He headed away from the ship and straight for the glider. His blaster pistol was drawn and ready to fire.

Frell...Frell ...Frell! Why did they have to shoot Jerec?

Fin paused when he reached the bodies...leaning down to check for a pulse. If none were found Fin would move on and search for any useful items. In paticular he looked for weapons and ammo. They needed something to defend themselves with besides sporting blasters.



If a pulse was found..he would simply stare..deciding on what to do.

A war would be fought in his soul..his concious versus the rage he felt...leaving the hutt scum alive and perhaps giving him a chance at life. or getting revenge for Jerec.

FRELL! What do i do?!

RemyLeBeau
16 March 2006, 05:34 PM
Both of the enemies don't seem to be alive - the ion drives haven't hurt them that much (they're not charred crisps, if that's what you're expecting) but the Rodian is most definitely dead. A blaster bolt in the face made sure of that.

The Human, however, still has a faint pulse. He's pretty messed up, and if left alone he'd be dead within minutes. He's unconscious.

- - - - -

The inside of the ship is scanty - lit with light blue LEDs scrounged from some unknown source and lacking the comfy siding that is normally found on a ship, it looks something like the inside of a submarine. (Or the inside of the Nebuchadnezzar in The Matrix. :D)

The ship is laid out like the standard YT-1300, but with a few changes. Since the siding panels are gone, there is a meter wide space in between every sleeping room - no privacy. However, this means that making repairs will be much easier - not having to pry off panels to get to wires is convenient.

darth_wyld
22 March 2006, 05:22 AM
Having Jerec safely propped on a cot Joyl remembers his words about the Imp.

Well, back to work...

Running outside, wiping the sweat from his brow he begins to drag the Imp inside... not as careful as he did with Joyl... and carries him into the cockpit.

RemyLeBeau
24 March 2006, 09:55 AM
From inside the cockpit, you see the blast vents close down over the duraglas windows, and a moment later the small room is filled with a soft blue light as computer cameras take over the job of windows.

The engines whine as repulsors push the ship high enough into the air for the ion drives to start. There is a whirling of air behind the ship, ruffling the tarp that previously hid it. As the sand settles over the cool desert night, the ship moves on into suborbital atmosphere.

OOC - -
I mentioned it in the OOC thread, but the PMs are not necessary. Joyl, Fin, I need a Knowledge check from each of you. Thank you, have a nice day.

Stormrider
24 March 2006, 02:09 PM
As the rodian felt the faint pulse beneath his fingers.white hot rage would fill Fin's very soul..the kind that burned like a super nova..consuming you from head to toe..guiding your very actions.
What right do you fracking scum have to attack us? To terrorize innocent people? Fin spat..Loathing would rise in heart..the thug represented everything he hated..a bully, a sniveling coward who attacked unarmed people.

Without thinking..guided purely by anger..the rodian would shove his blaster into the mans mouth. Blood and grey matterwould splatter his face..as the mans brains were blown out.


It was then and only then..that the rage left him..left him staring into the eyes of the helpless man he had just killed. Staggering back..the young man could not tear his eyes away from the corpse..the death he had caused...

He would start to vomit..great heaves of everything he had eaten..and then the dry heaves. The image of the man pierced his closed eyes..dancing before Fin like a ghost from the afterworld...

(could you be a little more specific.. what kind of knowledge check do you want?

RemyLeBeau
27 March 2006, 06:51 PM
Fin throws up on the sand just a few feet away from the brain-splattered dune the human's head was resting on. Both piles of goop steam as their heat dissipates in the cool night air.

Fin turns around and realizes he's the only one left on the sand - everyone else is inside the hovering ship, waiting and watching. The ship's engines sweep sand into the pools of brains and vomit until they become viscous gritty piles of organic muck.

Fin holsters his blaster and steps up the ramp into the ship, which closes after him. The R2 droid (Jano I'tu) makes a friendly Suu-beep! Beep clicka whirr beep? as Fin walks past down the blue-lit corridors.

The barren walls are a sharp contrast to the normally friendly and warmly lit hoverbuses and suborbital transports you've been on, but omitting the panels shaved four or five months from the building time, so you're grateful. At least, you're grateful until you have to duck under a low hanging wire bundle for the thirty-fourth time since it was put there.
:D

darth_wyld
28 March 2006, 06:04 AM
As Fin comes into the cockpit Joyl is standing with the Imperial propped up in the copilot's seat.

"I think he can help us get away from here... problem is: he's unconcious and it seems he want's to stay that way."

He waves the rest of the medpac around.

"Maybe there's something in there to wake him up but I got less then no clue how to use that fragger. I think the texts are mostly in Rodese, there's only this little..."

He suddenly turns quiet and sits down behind the copilot's seat and just stares ahead, trembling slightly.

RemyLeBeau
29 March 2006, 05:46 AM
As the ship starts to rise into the restricted-access area, the clouds disappear and there is nothing between you and the stars but a pane of duraglass.

Far, far below, you can almost see the curvature of Djanakai as storm clouds rumble on the horizon and the lights from cities burn brightly.

Suddenly, the comlink comes to life:


Unidentified craft, this is the Djanakan Scout Patrol. Identify yourself and provide access codes for your quadrant, please.

- - - - -OOC - - - - -
He failed the Compuse check but got a 20 on the Spot check. That's one sharp-eyed pilot!