PDA

View Full Version : Serenity

Reed
22 October 2005, 03:02 PM
I know this isn't Star Wars, but I have the compunction to share my passion for this new mythos that has come and isn't receiving it's proper due.

I figure that other Star Wars fans may appreciate this as much as I do. Serenity, a new movie that has been out for some time now is probably the best movie I have seen. If any of you know it is a movie spawned from a "failed" tv series called Firefly. Firefly was a show that lasted too short a time on television due to lack of an audience. However, the dvd release of the series produced such a vast reaction that a movie was made to continue the story.

My issue is this. The movie seems to be suffering the same fate as the show and I have come to desperate aims to ensure that more people can enjoy the story being told here. So if anyone reads this, I hope that you can look into this further and uncover this and bring more support for this great story and its worthwhile characters.

See the movie, or better yet, see the show and then the movie. If any of you love Star Wars the same way I do, you'll love Firefly and Serenity.

darth_wyld
24 October 2005, 05:04 AM
Firefly didn't fail, it was fox'ed.

And Serenity is due next month over here.... WAITING SUCKS!!!:mad:

Reed
24 October 2005, 06:21 AM
Firefly didn't fail, it was fox'ed.

hence my quotations on the word failed. I am making a desperate attempt at getting people to go see it.

darth_wyld
24 October 2005, 06:24 AM
Well yes they should. It influenced most of my SW-campaigns a lot. It's full of nice characters and brilliant ideas. Roles like Niska or Early can deliver amounts of fun! I love it!

Grimace
24 October 2005, 01:53 PM
Please don't cross post threads in more than one forum. Since this one is getting less coverage than the one in C&M, I'm going to close this one.

Please read over the FAQ for the Holonet, found under the "Preferences" pull down menu to keep yourself briefed on the rules of this site.