PDA

View Full Version : Bendy Weapons?

Daz
26 October 2005, 08:06 AM
Hey guys :D

One of the solutions I've heard about for straightening "bent" weapons on Minis is the Hot Water/Cold Water Method, but...

Can anyone tell me how hot the water needs to be? (Are we talking boiling here?) How long you leave the Mini in for? And how cold the "Cold water" should be too?

Thanks in advance

Daz

PneumaZ
26 October 2005, 08:10 AM
I've found that simmering water works just fine and cold tap water is good for cold. I have also used a hari dryer, which makes it very maleable. But it does get VERY hot...beyond that, good for most purposes.

Daz
27 October 2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks Dude :D

How long do you leave the Mini in the hot water by the way?

Ta again

Daz

Jericho_Narcas
28 October 2005, 05:51 AM
Anybody remember the good old days when you'd buy lead figurines with bent (and often broken) weapons? Granted, lead is plenty soft enough to bend back into place, but you'd end up breaking them as often as not.

Lord Kjeran
28 October 2005, 12:28 PM
Chelllo!

Thanks for the info! Very useful for me and my Royal Guard!!! ;)

Tony

Sithspawn
31 October 2005, 05:31 AM
I've unbent (is that a word?) a few figures with the Hot/Cold water fix. I pour just off the boil water into a dish, and have a cold water dish too. It takes a mere few seconds for the mini to become soft enough put right. The cold a bit longer, but not more than 20 seconds.

Still had problems putting right my limbo dancing Yuzzem. But I've got more than one anyway and don't really plan on running a Yuzzem squad B)

blemelisk
1 November 2005, 08:37 AM
ive never heard of the hot/cold water method. i may have to try that. however least we forget those lead minis are made out of just that LEAD lol. which as we all now is quiet dangerous to our health. i have a few of them myself and they are acturally about to scale with the plastic minis. so you could use like the stormies and what not for extra if you need to.

Santa Claws
9 November 2005, 05:48 AM
i like the super-clue procedere. A thin layer of super-clue over the weapon, then hold it in position for two to five min. After that you have also a good shimmer over the ligthsabers.8o

Nightchill
21 November 2005, 02:15 AM
As above, I've had to sort out dozens of D&D miniatures this way. I use a small bowl of boiling water and a small bowl of water with ice.

Place the part of the miniature you want to bend in the hot water for a few seconds, bend it into shape. Hold it in place whilst you submerge it in the ice water. All sorted.