PDA

View Full Version : IC: For the Glory - Prologue & Chapter 1

TheGunslinger
2 November 2005, 01:36 PM
<center><h2>For the Glory: An Imperial Campaign</h2><h3><i>Prologue</i></h3></center>

<i>0815 – RAITHAL IMPERIAL ACADEMY – RAITHAL, RAITHAL SYSTEM, CORE WORLDS</i>

Time is a fickle thing. The denizens of the galaxy long ago came up with a standard way to mark its passage. An hour on Coruscant is the same as an hour on Tatooine. Yet despite these standardizations of time, its passage can sometimes only be described as erratic. Ask a soldier, stuck in a ditch on the middle of a battlefield while artillery thunders down around him, and he will tell you that one minute seemed like an eternity. A young man, however, might see the passing of several hours in the company of a beautiful Twi’lek to be nothing more then a few blinks of an eye.

To a certain group of men, the past ten weeks could be viewed either way. Without a doubt, they had just come through the most harrowing training regimen ever conceived. They had been drawn in from every branch of the Imperial military and thrown together at the Imperial Academy on Raithal. Broken down, battered, humiliated, and then rebuilt from the ground up, these men were now considered to be the best of the best.

On the last day of training, each man had been taken aside privately and informed of their passing or failing to make the new squad, but nothing was told of their new assignment and duties. Everyone knew that of the thirty or so potential recruits, less then a dozen would be chosen. Each was told to take leave for the weekend and be ready for briefing at 0830 sharp the following day. They were strictly reminded not to discuss anything about the training and their assignment with anyone, fellow trainee or not.

The morning was fair for an early summer’s day on this part of Raithal. The sky was overcast and rain threatened to come down at any moment, but the temperature was moderate in the upper 60s.

[OOC: You guys can start out wherever you want doing whatever you want, within reason of course. Your characters know of the conference room in which the briefing will take place, so feel free to do whatever while your character makes his way there. What you know is what your character knows…nothing! They’re as much in the dark about what’s going on with this assignment as you are.]

trogdu
3 November 2005, 01:05 PM
Noting the time Mikaal closes the Kuat technical journal he had been reading and locks down his terminal. Standing he quickly checks to make sure that his uniform is still immaculate then departs his quarters at a brisk walk in order to ensure he arrives at the briefing room a few minutes early. As he makes his way there he keeps a sharp eye out for others from among the recruit group he had been trained with, interested to see who else had been picked for this assignment. As for the assignment itself he felt little curiosity, trusting that whatever it was it would be the best use of his skills for the good of the Empire.

djas_puhr
3 November 2005, 04:37 PM
Jason stands before his floor length mirror adjusting his uniform and inspecting himself nit-picking his appearance. I should have got my hair cut shorter, oh well maybe after this briefing I’ll take care of it but who knows. Wish my father could have been here to see me in this uniform. Him and mom always did say I looked good in a uniform. He pushes his very short hair around, mainly nubs of hair, and looks over his face. He quickly grabs an old fashion straight edge razor and begins to shave off any remaining stubble from his face.

Once finished Jason sets down his straight edge and puts on his dress top and heads out for the late morning brief. I thought basic was bad, but this training was harsh. Glad we finished up the early morning routines of the 0600 PT and gun shoots after the 10km runs in the afternoon. Jason makes his way down the winding corridors of the Imperial Academy on Raithal heading towards the briefing room. His ice-cold blue eyes are trained on getting to the briefing room. He finds his way to the briefing room and finds an empty seat and sits down and waits for the briefing to begin.

Stormrider
3 November 2005, 04:56 PM
For the second time in an hour Edric checked his equipment.

...Never leave anything to fate. Preperation is key to success. Old Sergeant Dadonna's words echoed in his mind. after checking it one last time. he stowed his gear and made his way through the winding halls of the academy. Cold grey eyes sent anyone foolish enough to look at him. scurrying away.

The door hissed open as he ducked into the briefing room. The man was well built and fairly dextrous. with sandy brown hair...but his eyes turned you away. The cold orbs of stone.

Edric settled into an empty seat. His thoughts drifted into a familiar pattern..wondering as always...

Asha...where in the Sith are you? Do the Rebel Scum still have you? ............

Mack Jace
3 November 2005, 05:17 PM
Jacen awoke from his sleep in a cold sweat. He had been reliving the last few weeks of training in his dreams, and they were getting worse and worse. He massaged his sore muscles, thinking back on the horrors that he had been put through. Man, I'm lucky to have made it through there alive. The obstacle course was killer, and those 10k runs in full gear almost did me in, but I made it. It's like Dad said, 'Never give up. No matter what they do to you, make them drag you out of there before you stop.' I won't give up Dad, I will make you proud. Getting dressed, he walked to the briefing room, went inside, and sat down.

darth_phobeius
3 November 2005, 06:00 PM
Better training to make a better soldier That's what I always say. You can never train too much. Trained all weekend. Can't take time off. Let's you get soft, while the alien scum train and get stronger. Got to be hard. Hard as durasteel. Can't let up for a second or they will have you.
[Krogan thinks to himself as he finishes using the electrostatic buffer to get all the lint off his uniform. He had spent the "weekend off" at the gym and range. Sharpening his soldier skills to a razoredge. HE has never taken a day off since he joined the Imperial Armed Forces and he believes he would be letting down his beloved Government if he ever did.]

[He does one last check of his quarters to make sure everything is GI'd and perfect before heading out the door to the briefing. Obsession? I call it pride in yourself.]

boccelounge
7 November 2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by darth_phobeius
Krogan... does one last check of his quarters to make sure everything is GI'd and perfect before heading out the door to the briefing.

Stepping out of his own quarters, Zan Massok looks every bit the "proper" Imperial Officer: grey duty uniform pressed and crisp, black boots gleaming, rank badge and code cylinders neatly polished and perfectly aligned.

He is tall, lean, and darkly featured: dark, deep-set eyes and jet-black hair add to the colorless, cold appearance of the uniform. His posture is straight and rigid, but with the underlying balance and agility that long hours of physical training have imbued.

Stepping out of the portal, Zan turns crisply on his heel and comes upon Krogan, who's just emerged himself.

ZAN: Ah, Sergeant Krogan. Good morning. So, today we shall at last see what grand destiny the Empire has in mind for us... I for one will be glad to conclude this training, and begin to put the weapons of war forged here to use...
Zan speaks crisply and cooly, but with evident respect for his fellow soldier...

OOC: Can you confirm the ranks for everyone, at some point, GM? I'm not sure I remember a final list being posted... Of course, if you're already planning to do this IC, please ignore this request. ;)

EDIT: Changed reference to Krogan's rank. Thanks for the heads-up, phobeius.

darth_phobeius
7 November 2005, 10:15 PM
OOC: He is a Sergeant not a Lt, but since they weren't posted no biggie. I will post as if you used the right rank. No Problems, here.

[Krogan comes to rigid attention with every muscle in his body locking solid. He snaps his arm up in a crisp salute.]

"Sir! A good morning to you also. I look forward to getting back to the field as well. Not much use for training not used. For the Glory of the Empire and the honor of the New Order."

[He holds the salute till it is returned.]

boccelounge
7 November 2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by darth_phobeius
[Krogan comes to rigid attention with every muscle in his body locking solid. He snaps his arm up in a crisp salute.]

"Sir! A good morning to you also. I look forward to getting back to the field as well. Not much use for training not used. For the Glory of the Empire and the honor of the New Order."

[He holds the salute till it is returned.]

Zan Massok returns the salute with just as much stiff formality... but he allows a slight, wan grin to cross his face.
ZAN: "Not much use" indeed. We must endeavor to see this is not the case, then. I only hope that everyone in the unit is as... "motivated" as yourself.

ZAN: Come, let us proceed to the briefing room. I would hasten our departure, if I could.

Zan turns and heads toward the meeting room at an assertive but measured pace.

darth_phobeius
8 November 2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by boccelounge

Zan Massok returns the salute with just as much stiff formality... but he allows a slight, wan grin to cross his face.
ZAN: "Not much use" indeed. We must endeavor to see this is not the case, then. I only hope that everyone in the unit is as... "motivated" as yourself.

ZAN: Come, let us proceed to the briefing room. I would hasten our departure, if I could.

Zan turns and heads toward the meeting room at an assertive but measured pace.

[Krogan drops his arm to his side crisply and spins on his heel to follow in Lieutenant Massok's wake behind and the right.]

Krogan "I share your hope. If though they are not up to the standards of the Empire and the needs of the New Order than we will have to find new ways to motivate them....."

[Krogan leaves the last part hanging in the air as they continue to the briefing.]

Skywalker
9 November 2005, 02:48 PM
2nd Lt. Bly walked casually down the hallways to the breifing room. He didn't have much on his mind. He just kept waiting for something big to happen. He carried his T-21 lt. repeater in one arm and casually swung the other. He was fatigued after all the training, but he hung in. He thought back to what his mentor, Col. Read told him. The greatest victories in war come only after the battle has been won. He alwats kept that in mind.He was prepared to follow any order given at any time. This was to be his finest hour.

TheGunslinger
9 November 2005, 06:54 PM
0830 - RAITHAL IMPERIAL ACADEMY - RAITHAL, RAITHAL SYSTEM, CORE WORLDS

The room was just like any other Imperial briefing room. Dark gray walls, black reflective flooring, complete with Imperial banners and emblems displayed prominently for effect. An Imperial couldn't help but feel proud. The chosen men of the newly created unit filed in through the entrance at the front of the room and filled into the seats that faced the holo-projector and podium at the front of the room. Murmurs echoed in the vastness of the empty room as they discussed among themselves their soon to be unveiled future. When the
timepiece showed 0830 hours, ten men filled the seats of the briefing room.

The door snapped open and shut, admitting a man of tall stature and broad build who's rank bars and cylinders proclaimed him to be a Commander. One could easily discern from the man's movements and the way he carried himself that his had been a life of Imperial service and it had penetrated him to the core. It was not until he reached the podium and turned, revealing the left side of his profile that had previously been hidden, that the men gathered could see what the man before them had given in service to the Emperor.

The left side of his face was a mass of scar tissue, burned so badly that even severe bacta treatment was incapable of fully regenerating the skin or hair. The left eye was gone, replaced by a mechanical obtrusion that jutted out from the socket an inch or so. An azure glow radiated from the end, providing him with far greater vision than the eye he had lost. The hand at his side was also a prosethetic and, by the looks of it, capable of crushing durasteel.

The Commander placed his hands on each side of the podium as he slowly examined the men assembled in front of him. When he finally spoke, his voice was deep but surprisingly quiet, a quiet rumble of thunder in the distance.

COMMANDER: "Time is short, so I will dispense with the pleasantries and get right to the point. My name is Ashvon Locke and I am your commanding officer. You men have been selected because you have proven you will do whatever is needed, no matter the cost, to serve and protect the Empire. You have passed the training with the highest scores. Congratulations, and welcome."

"This unit does not exist in any Imperial records and no one knows of our existance except for the highest echelons of command and select others. We operate with complete impunity which will be necessary for the majority of our missions. Which that brings us to. I am sure all of you are eager to know what it is you have trained so hard to join. While the Empire is the dominant force in this galaxy, we are not without our enemies. No doubt you have already heard of the effort of one such highly organized group who seeks to dethrone the Emperor and replace him with their own leader. Such is the evil that we are called on to fight, and in a way that no other military unit can!"

"Our primary mission parameters will be the elimination of select high profile targets that are deemed too hostile or those targets that the Empire wishes to dispose of discretely. Some missions may stray outside of these boundaries if our superiors deem our involvement necessary or more beneficiary then allowing clumsy stormtroopers or other local authorities to do the job. There is no limit to the type of job we may be called upon to fulfill."

Commander Locke stood fully upright, taking in a deep breath as he surveyed the room again.

COMMANDER: "As I said at the beginning, time is short and I will end the introduction there. We already have a vital mission to carry out."

As the commander keyed a few buttons on the podium's console, the lights dimmed and the holo-projector whirred to life.

COMMANDER: "The Incom Corporation has long been a producer of starfighters and other craft and the Empire nationalized the corporation two years ago. Apparently, several of the lead scientists and technicians did not take well to this and left. It has been found out that they have re-established the Incom Corporation. More disturbing is the fact that they have allied themselves with those who are directly challenging the Emperor's rule and wish to depose of him."

An image of a starfighter came up on the projector. It looked very much like the old Z-95 Headhunter fighter that had been replaced by Seinar Fleet System's fighter in recent years due to cost savings.

COMMANDER: "Incom has developed this new fighter, the T-65 X-wing, and just entered the full production stage several months ago. They are planning on making their first shipment within the week. Our mission is as follows: infiltrate their facility, located on a remote asteroid in the Derella system, steal the plans for this new fighter and then destroy their production capabilities and any of the fighters that we find. Elimination of as many of their technicians and scientists is a secondary task.

"Our flight leaves at 0915 sharp. Your squad assignments will be given to you on the flight. Hangar 3C-1. Any questions? Dismissed."

[OOC: You can ask any questions before you get dismissed and they'll be answered.]

boccelounge
11 November 2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by TheGunslinger
COMMANDER: "Our flight leaves at 0915 sharp. Your squad assignments will be given to you on the flight. Hangar 3C-1. Any questions? Dismissed."

Zan Massok stands to attention.
ZAN: Sir! A few questions if I may, sir.

ZAN: First, am I correct to surmise that the Empire does not wish its... "cancellation" of the T-65 project to be public knowledge?

ZAN: And second, what level of opposing forces do we expect, sir? Are there organized "rebel" defenders, local militia, company security, or any of the like, sir? And, if I may ask sir, how reliable is the intelligence data on the facility?
Massok remains standing, awaiting reply.

Stormrider
11 November 2005, 02:51 PM
Edric listened to the briefing. Standing. His voice was curt and precise....a Corscaunt accent quite obvious.

.......Sir.....What types of explosives do we have access to? and how much will be needed to detonate the factory?..and if fighters are encountered do we know what kind of punishment they can take? ......

TheGunslinger
11 November 2005, 03:42 PM
0840 – RAITHAL IMPERIAL ACADEMY – RAITHAL, RAITHAL SYSTEM, CORE WORLDS

ZAN: First, am I correct to surmise that the Empire does not wish its... "cancellation" of the T-65 project to be public knowledge?

COMMANDER: That is correct, Lieutenant Massok. However, you do not need to be terribly concerned with covering your tracks this mission. A cover for our mission has already been arranged.

ZAN: And second, what level of opposing forces do we expect, sir? Are there organized "rebel" defenders, local militia, company security, or any of the like, sir? And, if I may ask sir, how reliable is the intelligence data on the facility?

COMMANDER: Intelligence data is slim, at best. Imperial Intelligence only just discovered the facility's location in the last week along with the shipment schedule. They have provided the results of their long range scans, which will be available to you all on the flight. As for OpForces, that's a big question mark. We do know that the Derella system is a known hot spot for pirate activity, so it would be my guess that the Incom Corporation would properly outfit themselves to defend against such a threat.

EDRIC: Sir.....What types of explosives do we have access to? and how much will be needed to detonate the factory?..and if fighters are encountered do we know what kind of punishment they can take?

Commander: Standard explosives are at your disposal, Corporal Jace. All of you combined would not be able to carry enough explosives to destroy the entire factory. As you will see from Intel's scans, the facility is large and located mainly beneath the surface of the asteroid. Destruction of vital systems and areas is our goal. The fighters themselves appear much like the Z-95 Headhunter, so base your assessment on those fighters. The image shown here is merely a concept drawn up from a few eyewitnesses. We know absolutely nothing about it. Our goal of stealing the plans is so we might determine the exact specifications of this fighter.

Mack Jace
13 November 2005, 04:31 AM
Jacen waited until the Commander was done speaking to say something. Sir, do we have any kind of escape or evasion plan? And do we have any kind of floor plan or something of the station? He sat back and waited for the Commander to answer.

boccelounge
13 November 2005, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Mack Jace
Jacen... sat back and waited for the Commander to answer.

Zan Massok glances over at Jacen.
ZAN: Trooper! You will rise to attention when addressing a senior officer!
His tone is serious, and mildly scolding, but not overly harsh.

Mack Jace
13 November 2005, 02:16 PM
ZAN: Trooper! You will rise to attention when addressing a senior officer!

I am sorry [Lieutenant?] Massok. Commander, I meant no disrespect, I merely had a moment of forgetfulness, sir. As he said this, Jacen came to attention and saluted the Commander, and waited for him to return the salute.

djas_puhr
14 November 2005, 09:15 AM
Jason sits in the back taking in everything and wonders to himself, I thought in briefings that things were informal at best semi-formal. Guess I'd have to check up on things. Also, why would they need a sniper to help them on this type of mission? Seems to me an infiltrator/demo guy is more suited for this op. Oh well... Jason looks over at Zan and eyes him over once and nods silently. He waits for the Commander to finish dressing down the trooper. Once finished he sets in his mind the next few sentences that are about to exit the young El-Tee’s mouth.

Jason stands up from his back seat and comes to full attention and addresses the Briefing Officer.

Commander, with all due respect sir. Let me recap what we do and don't know. We know that a few pukes from Incom have defected to the Rebels and with them took the plans for a new Space Superiority Fighter. We have no idea the size and strength of the opposition. Intel can't help us on this because they don't have assets in place and more over they '...Only just discovered the facility's location in the last week along with the shipment schedule.' Convenient if you ask me. We can’t take enough explosives in the world with us to destroy the base due to its size and being inside an asteroid.

Sir, if you ask me this seems like a trap. I wouldn't put it past the Rebels to do something like this. Until recently I wouldn’t have thought twice about the Rebellion but after recent events I have to give them more respect then I care to give them. Every sense of me is saying this is a trap.

God knows I’ve been far too many of them for my liking.

Stormrider
14 November 2005, 02:06 PM
Of course......the old bait scenario.....

Sir.........I believe he is correct, it is a trap. The rebels are very fond of ambushes.......especially the old bait scenario...... Edric mentally slapped himself for not thinking of it.

Skywalker
14 November 2005, 02:36 PM
Bly sat with his helmet off and beside him. He stood at full attention and adressed the Commander.

"Sir, may I suggest we spring the trap with a lifless decoy. Perhaps a remote control droid or something to check for and hidden traps or ambushes. The Rebels are clever soldiers but none too bright with this sort of thing. We can monitor the situation and move in to ambush the ambush."

trogdu
14 November 2005, 03:27 PM
Mikaal stays silent, taking in all the information and turning it over in his mind. The few questions he would have asked had been asked by the others already. Then as Jason puts forward his hypothesis his inner calm becomes turbulent at the idea and Mikaal gives Jason a respectful look for an analysis of the data that had never occurred to him. How arrogant these rebels would have to be to even think of mounting such an operation he thinks, should such be the case then defeating them will be especially pleasing. Looking forward at the commander Mikaal awaits with some interest to see what the commander thinks of the hypothesis and the countering suggestion put forward.

TheGunslinger
16 November 2005, 08:07 AM
Commander Locke watched the exchange unphased, nodding slightly at Zan before turning his attention to Eldric.

JACE: Sir, do we have any kind of escape or evasion plan? And do we have any kind of floor plan or something of the station?

Commander: Our plan for evac, Corporal Jace, is to commandeer whatever vessel we may find in Incom's hangar bay. I hope at least one of you has brushed up on your piloting lessons. As for floor plans, none are available. Like I mentioned earlier, a general layout of the facility will be provided based on the long range density scans conducted of the asteroid. Off of those they have constructed their best guess as to the layout of the facility. They are far from complete or accurate. Ultimately, it is up to us to learn the lay of the land.

BERG: ...Sir, if you ask me this seems like a trap. I wouldn't put it past the Rebels to do something like this. Until recently I wouldn’t have thought twice about the Rebellion but after recent events I have to give them more respect then I care to give them. Every sense of me is saying this is a trap.

The commander stood silent through the long-winded explanation, the entire time not moving an inch. Once the other men had finished, he let a few moments of silence pass before finally speaking.

Commander: It's a damn good thing I'm the commanding officer around here because I certainly wouldn't want you men analyzing a hair on my backside! What, pray tell, qualifies this as a trap, Corporal? A lack of information? If you want easy assignments then I can reassign you back to the miserable stormtrooper unit you came from where you can have your hand held while you walk through the daisies!

Locke's voice rose in volume until it reached a roar, booming in the briefing room. A few moments passed before he continued, his voice returning to the quiet tone it had held before.

Commander: I realize that standard Imperial training doctrine is a breeding ground for stupid, unthinking soldiers. You men were chosen for this assignment because you have shown that you are far above the average Imperial grunt. Do not make your superiors second guess that decision.

A trap makes little sense. What is their target? Us? They don't know of our existance. Or do you think they'd get this elaborate to take out a unit of regulars? I somehow doubt that. Add to that the fact that this installation is of high military importance to their cause and I find them putting it at unnecessary risk for questionable reasons to be highly improbable.

djas_puhr
16 November 2005, 10:20 AM
Commander: It's a damn good thing I'm the commanding officer around here because I certainly wouldn't want you men analyzing a hair on my backside! What, pray tell, qualifies this as a trap, Corporal? A lack of information? If you want easy assignments then I can reassign you back to the miserable stormtrooper unit you came from where you can have your hand held while you walk through the daisies!

I realize that standard Imperial training doctrine is a breeding ground for stupid, unthinking soldiers. You men were chosen for this assignment because you have shown that you are far above the average Imperial grunt. Do not make your superiors second guess that decision.

A trap makes little sense. What is their target? Us? They don't know of our existence. Or do you think they'd get this elaborate to take out a unit of regulars? I somehow doubt that. Add to that the fact that this installation is of high military importance to their cause and I find them putting it at unnecessary risk for questionable reasons to be highly improbable.

Jason sits there listening to what the commander is saying and yelling at him and the rest here for the brief. And this is why I have always hated Imperial Doctrine. Arrogance kills, following orders and obeying blindly, and worst if we allow are selves to be deluded with the fact that we are superior and invincible we are seriously mistaken. My father nearly died following orders blindly on Naboo, I’m not going to make the same mistake. I’m not some buck corporal, I’m a second lieutenant, with that I guess the commander needs his eye checks once more. Either that his ocular interface is malfunctioning again. Oh well, why does a trap make little sense? Did he not pay any attention during the Military Academy lectures on Coruscant? Guess that’s why he’s the Commander of this little operation and I’m just a second lieutenant. Jason waits for the officer to finish with his address of his hypothesis and replies.

My apologies sir. I was only trying to add a second point of view to the brief. However, I now believe you are correct. They wouldn’t unnecessarily risk exposing their new base of starship production, thus they wouldn’t be setting a trap.

Doesn’t mean that they don't have more sites like this one were hitting. I still think that this is a trap, and that they have more then this one production site. Jason sits down and waits for the brief to finish.

boccelounge
16 November 2005, 04:46 PM
Commander Locke: A trap makes little sense. What is their target? Us? They don't know of our existance. Or do you think they'd get this elaborate to take out a unit of regulars? I somehow doubt that. Add to that the fact that this installation is of high military importance to their cause and I find them putting it at unnecessary risk for questionable reasons to be highly improbable.
Zan gives a very slight nod in agreement.
ZAN: The Commander is of course correct. And even if the criminals were so foolish as to set a trap, it would only make our mission more successful. We would have destroyed a rebellious manufacturing facility and another pitful band of upstarts in a single stroke.

Sir, with your persmission, I move we conclude this briefing, and begin mission prep. Sir.

TheGunslinger
17 November 2005, 05:59 PM
ZAN: Sir, with your permission, I move we conclude this briefing, and begin mission prep. Sir.

Locke nodded almost impercetibly, then gave a dismissive gesture.

Commander: Be in the hangar by 0900 for gear check.

TheGunslinger
21 November 2005, 12:03 PM
<center>Chapter 1: A Rocky Start</center>

2135 HOURS (GST) - ASTEROID 6Z-918-A, DERELLA SYSTEM, MID RIM

The asteroid was huge. Located within the asteroid belt between the system's fourth and fifth planets, it was easily among, if not the, largest rock of the bunch. If it had been in orbit of a planet, it would easily be classifed as a small moon. The asteroid appeared lifeless and barren, it's surface marred by thousands of impact craters from its smaller brethren. Many deep valleys and trenches cut through the rocky surface, perhaps providing an ideal hiding place for an industrious group.

Several dozen kilometers away, a transport dropped out of hyperspace. It immediately fired up its sublight engines and began deftly maneuvering with ease through the asteroid field towards the monstrous target. The field was sparse, consisting of a lesser amount of asteroids then the typical belt, making the task much easier. The sleek, black hull made the craft almost indistinguishable from the galactic backdrop.

The interior of the craft was cramped and dimly lit. The ten squad men sat five to a side on benches that ran the length of the compartment, shoulder straps holding them in. A space between the benches allowed for one man to stand with all ten filling the space. The pilot compartment was in front of them, an open doorway the only divider. The co-pilot, on the right side, turned to shout back over his shoulder.

CO-PILOT: Sensors have located several container transports on the edge of the belt, all on outbound vectors. No hostiles that we can see, no indication that we've been detected.

The asteroid loomed in the front viewport, filling the entire field.

PILOT: Good luck, men.

The pilot hit a button on the console and the door between the two compartments slid shut with a hiss. A moment later, a red light at the back of the craft came on, illuminating the entire cabin in a eerie glow. Three minutes until dropoff. The Commander got to his feet, standing at the backend of the compartment, and motioned everyone else to stand.

LOCKE: The asteroid is large enough to create a low grav environment. Our suits will provide us with enough oxygen to get us to our entry point, which is approximately a kilometer from the dropoff location. We're approaching on their blind side and that, coupled with interference from all these asteroids, should keep them from detecting us.

The red light began to flash and the slight shaking of the craft indicated to the occupants that it was passing into the asteroid's weak atmosphere. One minute until drop.

LOCKE: Remember your training and this will be another walk in the park, boys.

As the Commander finished, he slid the grey helmet over his scarred face and stepped to the side. Each man felt his weight double as the transport rapidly deccelerated and seemed to swing about in a near one-eighty degree turn, as was apparent when everyone was forced to hang on to the nearest handhold or topple over.

The flashing red light went solid blue and the back end of the transport opened, decompressing the compartment in a cold blast. The asteroid's rocky surface lay ten meters below the craft. Locke began motioning each man to make the jump to the ground below. As soon as the eleven soldiers were out, the transport's engines throttled up and it was soon gone.

[OOC: Entrance to your objective is approximately a kilometer due 'north', and is located in a valley/trench. The entrance is ventilation ducts. I will post the density scans hopefully when I get home tonight, provided I can figure out how to use GIMP - a free photoshop like program - proficiently enough.]

boccelounge
22 November 2005, 06:17 PM
CO-PILOT: Sensors have located several container transports on the edge of the belt, all on outbound vectors. No hostiles that we can see, no indication that we've been detected.
Zan Massok sits in his blackened powered trooper armor, helmet off. He nods sternly at the update.
ZAN: Acknowledged, [Officer].

LOCKE: The asteroid is large enough to create a low grav environment. Our suits will provide us with enough oxygen to get us to our entry point, which is approximately a kilometer from the dropoff location... Remember your training and this will be another walk in the park, boys.
Zan nods to his commander, then turns to the men of 1st Squad (Lance Corporal Edric Jace (Stormrider), Corporal Mikaal Troden (trogdu), Corporal Krogan (darth_phobeius), Corporal (TBD)):
ZAN: This is it. Make your final equipment checks, and prepare to debark. Standard recon dispersal: Krogan's on the point, Jace and Troden left, me and Corporal right. Keep it precise.
He follows Locke's lead, and puts on his helmet. It emits a slight whush of air as the atmo-seals engage, and Zan immediately checks his comfortable, familiar in-helmet displays.

The flashing red light went solid blue and the back end of the transport opened, decompressing the compartment in a cold blast. The asteroid's rocky surface lay ten meters below the craft.
Zan raises his hand and gives two quick hand signals: "1st Squad: debark! Execute formation!"

As 1st Squad makes the jump to the waiting asteroid, Zan turns to give Commander Locke a quick salute, then jumps himself. He is the last of the five out the door, and comes out with his E-11 blaster rifle in hand.

TheGunslinger
23 November 2005, 07:54 AM
[OOC: Ah yeah, I should probably introduce the NPC character...]

Corporal Tain Bak'Dorff was the last of First Squad to exit the transport. As he hit the asteroid's rocky surface, he dropped into a crouched position with his blaster carbine raised to protect the squad's rear. Of course, there was nothing there to guard against, but procedure was procedure.

Tain had been one cocky SOB during training and in off hours, but when it came down to business, he got serious. The youthful looking, pale skinned, black haired soldier had earned the nickname "Rath", a combination derived from both his wraith-like appearance and ferocity, and cold-bloodedness, in battle.

Shagadm
24 November 2005, 03:34 PM
Alex sat silently on the back as he heard the pilot’s reports. He waited for his squad leader commands and new that this drop will be by the numbers. What he was really waiting for though was that secondary objective. That adrenaline rush he had felt when he first listens to the commanders briefing was coming back.

Comander: “…Elimination of as many of their technicians and scientists is a secondary task”

Secondary task?.. Not for Alex

Mack Jace
24 November 2005, 04:30 PM
Jacen dropped to his knee when he landed outside. Scanning for targets, and finding none, he awaited further orders, always keeping an eye out for potential targets...

trogdu
24 November 2005, 05:24 PM
Mikaal performs his final equipment checks as ordered then bounds out of the transport with the rest of his squad. Seeing Jacen drop to one knee immediately he takes a few steps further forward and to the left before stopping and crounching, blaster carbine at the ready, looking for any threats on the barren landscape of the asteroid.

djas_puhr
24 November 2005, 06:48 PM
Jason stands up in the landing barge and turns and faces his squad. He keys his helmet-mounted comlink to external and begins to speak.

Berg, you got point. Berg and Bly Fire Team One. N’cath and Mirion your Fire Team Two. I’ll be part of Fire Team One. Check your gear, this is for real now, no more simulations. Believe in your training and you will do fine. Berg I want you about five meters a head of us. Second Squad were using the typical ‘Diamond’ formation were Berg is the North point. Once we are inside you know your assignments. Failure is not an option, do you get me!?

Thrasher waits for a response from his troopers. If father could only see me now, in charge of my own squad and leading them into this fight. Now it’s game time. With that Jason checks over his rifle making sure everything is in order. He checks his charge on his powerpack and finds it fully charged. He brings his rifle up to the ready position and starts to move out slowly. With his tongue Jason selects his squads frequency and gives the go order.

The flashing red light went solid blue and the back end of the transport opened, decompressing the compartment in a cold blast. The asteroid's rocky surface lay ten meters below the craft. Locke began motioning each man to make the jump to the ground below. As soon as the eleven soldiers were out, the transport's engines throttled up and it was soon gone.

Alright squad move out!

Jason jumps and hits the surface firmly but does no damage to himself from the ten-meter jump. He looks around the surrounding terrain and makes a mental note of the terrain. He’s looking for anything that would indicate a trap but nothing jumps out and grabs a hold of his attention. Well so far we haven’t tripped any alarms; that’s a good thing. Jason waits a second for his squad to form up.

Originally posted by Mack Jace
Jacen dropped to his knee when he landed outside. Scanning for targets, and finding none, he awaited further orders, always keeping an eye out for potential targets...

Jason crouches and slowly moves towards Berg. He reaches him and quickly double taps him on the right shoulder and signals with his hand to set up point, five-meters ahead of the squad. Once done he turns around to the rest of the squad and forms up with the rest of them

Shagadm
25 November 2005, 01:47 PM
Lieutenant Thrasher: “…N’cath and Mirion your Fire Team Two. I’ll be part of Fire Team One. Check your gear…”

“Sir Yes sir” Alex snaps at the comlink

Alex checks his gear as ordered.

Lieutenant Thrasher: “Alright squad move out!”

Alex jump and hits the surface making a tumble. He had done this jump so many times in the simulator that it was almost a routine for him. He comes up in a crouching position and forms up next to N’cath, checking for any hostilies.

[ ooc: I make a spot check once down. I rolled a 13 + 7 skill mod +2 equ. = 22]

Mack Jace
25 November 2005, 02:53 PM
Jason crouches and slowly moves towards Berg. He reaches him and quickly double taps him on the right shoulder and signals with his hand to set up point, five-meters ahead of the squad.
Jason nods his head once, then jogs a few meters ahead of the rest and again scans for any hostiles, hopefully finding none.

OOC: Spot Check-Roll 13 + 4 skill = 17

TheGunslinger
27 November 2005, 06:26 PM
Alex and Jason both peer off, searching for signs of anything. Neither are able to spot anything that appears out of the ordinary. Just an endless expanse of rock, occasionally broken by a valley or rift in the surface.

[OOC: Shag, what does the +2 eq mean in your spot calculation? It didn't matter, with or without, but I wasn't sure what that meant.]

Skywalker
29 November 2005, 05:20 AM
Bly jogs out to follow his Leuitenant. Making his T-21 at the ready, he crouched at a rock. Looking left to right, he checks for enemies.

[OOC: Spot check roll 13+4 skill =17]

TheGunslinger
29 November 2005, 12:15 PM
BLY: [OOC: Spot check roll 13+4 skill =17]

Corporal Bly also does not see anything out of the ordinary in his field of view.

Commander Locke taps both of his squad leaders on their shoulders. The unit leader quickly taps his chest twice and then motions forward with the same arm, pointing in the direction of the entrance point.

Both squads on me, proceed forward.

Gripping his blaster carbine, the Commander started off in a light jog.

Stormrider
29 November 2005, 01:17 PM
Aye Sir. Jace moved to the left of Zan. The Firelance he carried came to settle infront of him. He moved alongside Troden. Grey Eyes scanned the room throughly. His thoughts were the same as they were on every mission that the Brass claimed would be cake-walk.

Absently he checked his supplies...making sure they were in good order.

Fracking hell...... They always say that Should turn into a blood bath anytime now.. The cynical soldier thought......

Skywalker
30 November 2005, 02:15 PM
Corporal Bly stood low and went in a swift low run to the next large rock. He popped up a little to get a good veiw, and waited for his next orders. He thought he saw a slight movement off in the distance. It was nothing and he crouched at ease.

djas_puhr
2 December 2005, 09:19 AM
Lieutenant Thrasher continues moving cursing silently as they move along the surface of the asteroid. Hope they have some sort of point defense system in place to ward off stray meteors or other asteroids. Thrasher looks around eying the surrounding terrain and smugly smirks to himself. Well so far the Commander is correct, nothing but smooth sailing, wonder how long this will last. With his tongue Thrasher switches his comlink to line of site and turns down the signal strength to ten meters; the exact distance between point and him. He silently prays that the Rebels aren’t actively searching for electronic signals and if they are that would see it as an internal communication.

Berg, you spot anything yet?

Hathcock waits paitently as the Lance Corporal gives him a quick report. If they don’t know we’re here they might have a clue now.

Mack Jace
3 December 2005, 03:54 AM
Berg, you spot anything yet?
Nothing yet, sir. Jacen keeps his comlink turned to it's lowest setting, just barely loud enough to hear. He stays ahead of the squad, and makes sure there are no Rebel in their path.

boccelounge
5 December 2005, 03:34 PM
Commander Locke taps both of his squad leaders on their shoulders. The unit leader quickly taps his chest twice and then motions forward with the same arm, pointing in the direction of the entrance point.

Both squads on me, proceed forward.

Gripping his blaster carbine, the Commander started off in a light jog.

Zan gives a brief nod in acknowledgement, and relays the orders to 1st Squad, via hand signal: "1st Squad on left flank-- form on Mission Leader!"

With that, the Lieutenant moves into position, taking up the rear-center position of his squad.

Seeing that Corporal Krogan (darth_phobeius) is in position at the point of the formation, Zan looks over at to his left, at Jace (Stormrider) and Troden (trogdu). He calls to them quietly, over the squad comlink frequency.
ZAN: Jace, Troden-- everything check out? You two will be the team's left, so keep a sharp eye out. And remember the low-grav training-- keep your movements short and controlled. This ought to be a walk in the park, but no use taking any chances, right boys?

Stormrider
5 December 2005, 04:40 PM
Whatever you say LT...It'll turn into a bloodbath soon enough..mark my words.. Jace thought grimly.

Aye sir. will do... Jace grunted through the Com-link.

Least the Lt seems to be competent. only time will tell. Could be the boy is just cocky.. His thoughts were still grim...as always.

Edric kept his movements short and controlled..as Zan had advised. Grey eyes constantly scanned around him...ears strained to detect if an enemy was approaching.

Listen 26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=307238)

Spot 18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=307244)

trogdu
6 December 2005, 03:34 PM
"All clear to the left currently sir" Troden responds, even as he starts moving forwards, "orders acknowledged." Being sure to be carefull of his movements he stays alert for any change to the environment on the squad's left flank.

darth_phobeius
6 December 2005, 09:55 PM
[Krogan keeps his eyes glued to the terrain around him. He does not respond over the comm unless asked a direct question or sees something that the rest should know. The "Zone" has taken over. His blood pumps in his ears as his heart send it racing through his veins. Too much talk will take his attention away at a critical time. The "Zone" will keep him sharp. Sharp and alive while the enemy dies. Krogan scans the horizon for any moment at all]

Spot Check: Roll 14 + +4 Skill = 18
Search Check: Roll 9 + 6 Skill = 15
Listen Check: Roll 18 + 4 Skill = 22

Skywalker
13 December 2005, 03:31 PM
Bly waits, ans waits behind a rock. Every 20-30 seconds, he peeks around it to check the area. He turned to his Leutinent.
"If we don't see anything soon, do you want us to head on in?"
He turned back to scan the area whille waiting for a response.

OOC: Listen Check:Roll 16 + 3 skill=19
Search Check: Roll 13 + 4 skill=17
Spot Check: Roll 17 + 4 skill=21

Mack Jace
28 December 2005, 02:03 PM
Jacen continues ahead, as long as everyone is still moving along. Every five minutes, he taps his com a few times, to tell everyone that it's all clear.