PDA

View Full Version : IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers, Part II



Pages : [1] 2

boccelounge
2 November 2005, 08:25 PM
<center>
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/boccelounge/BoRB_Titles/chapter02_title_02_65.jpg
</center>

<center>
A Band of Rebel Brothers

CHAPTER TWO: Operation Daybreak
</center>
.
.

boccelounge
2 November 2005, 08:28 PM
EXTERIOR: DAYTIME -- A DIRT ROAD, IN THE RAIN

A man is screaming at you. SCREAMING. He seems quite agitated.
SERGEANT: Get down! Get your damn heads down!
The thirty troopers of Delta Platoon crouch against a muddy earthen embankment. From the other side of the low wall, dozens of high-powered blaster bolts sizzle overhead. The air is thick with acrid ozone.

Kneeling in ankle-deep mud, the Platoon's commander, Lieutenant Zak "Flash" Samson, puzzles over a datapad map. The LT is in his mid-thirties, with blonde hair, blue eyes, and chiseled features just beginning to thicken with age. His brow is wrinkled up, either in confusion or concentration.

Several other men look on, including Sergeant Daxter Nomak, Sergeant Keidis "Sep" Orr, and Corporal Edgar "Spades" McGregor. All of them are heavily armed and wearing khaki-colored Alliance combat fatigues. Most wear blast-vests; all are muddy and stained from hard travel overland.
FLASH: OK, we were, uh, here [he points at the map] when the, uh, Sat-Nav went down... that ought to put us, uh... somewhere past this [he points at the map], uh, bog here...
Intense blaster fire continues to rain overhead; the screaming Sergeant continues to scream at the troopers; the LT continues to study his datapad.
FLASH: That means, uh, that this pillbox emplacement in front of us is, uh, not indicated on any of the Intel maps...
Lieutenant Samson yells over to the screaming man.
FLASH: It's not on any of the Intel maps.

SERGEANT: What?!! Well, ain't that a hoot... you there! Private! I said get down! What now, LT?
Flash looks up at the Rebel troopers around him.
FLASH: The entire, uh, advance of the entire Rebel Right Flank could be held up by this pillbox. We've, uh, got to take it. Any luck getting through the comms-jamming, Roobis?
Near the Lieutenant, a thin, pale, nervous young trooper in glasses looks up from the comms-pack he's been fiddling with. He shouts over the blaster fire in a high voice:
ROOBIS: Negative, sir... it's... it's too powerful for me to compensate for. It might be possible to devise a counter-suppression signal displacement algorithm, but I would need time to study the--

FLASH: Never mind. We'll have to, uh, do it ourselves.
He takes a moment to consider the situation, and the troopers of Delta Platoon. There are many new faces, since Hoth, and a few missing... the Lieutenant buries whatever worry crosses his mind, and speak briskly. He draws on the datapad as he addresses the nearby NCOs.
FLASH: Sergeant Orr, you'll set up 3rd Squad as a base of fire here, behind the embankment. Shorrarr will sit on the left flank; set the mortars to the right. Begin firing as soon as you're emplaced.

Corporal McGregor, inform Sergeant Oran that he's to take his 2nd Squad around to the right in a flanking maneuver. Stay concealed until you reach the enemy emplacements, then let them have it. Orr's boys will, uh, keep up the covering fire while you sneak around.

When your attack begins, Sergeant Nomak will lead 1st Squad in a, uh, frontal assault, to the left. Stay low, move quick, close to short range, and open fire. Everybody got it? Questions?
----------------------------------------

OOC: We are now in combat initiative turns. A "combat turn" in this game refers to 3-4 normal rounds of action. Everyone has at least 24 hours to post their actions for the current turn; a resolution will be posted some time after 36 hours have passed. Do not post new turn actions until the current turn is resolved (by the GM), but feel free to add "dialogue" posts as often as you like (within reason).

Regardless of your position in the initiative order, you may post yout actions for the current turn at any time, and in any order.

Please refer to the links below for examples of combat posting from Chapter 1.

The default initiative order is:
3rd Squad (and Shorrarr)
2nd Squad
1st Squad
Enemy
This assumes you are "delaying" your actions to fit the default order. You may choose to act before your default position; indicate this in your turn post.

Please post to the OOC thread if you have any questions on how Combat works in this campaign, and someone will assist as soon as possible.

----------------------------------------

Tactical Map

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/boccelounge/chapter02_battle01_02_75.jpg

----------------------------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

coldskier0320
2 November 2005, 08:53 PM
FLASH: That means, uh, that this pillbox emplacement in front of us is, uh, not indicated on any of the Intel maps...

Hearing this, Orr grimaces, He really showed up back when the ozone started flying at Hoth...what gives?, "Well, sir", the aging man yells over the din, "It's sure as hell here now!"


FLASH: Sergeant Orr, you'll set up 3rd Squad as a base of fire here, behind the embankment. Shorrarr will sit on the left flank; set the mortars to the right. Begin firing as soon as you're emplaced.

"Yes sir!", Orr shouts, sketching a quick salute, before hustling over to his men.

"C squad, listen up! We're giving Night and Day some cover so they can take this stingfly nest! Regular fire-teams, you guys know the drill! Drak, take Kupurr, Gath, and Ghennan to get set up a little ways up the road here, but don't pass Shorrar. I want that repeater set up yesterday! The rest of you, come with me! Wait for my signal to open fire! Now let's get ready to give 'em hell!"

With that, Orr leads his three soldiers of the fire-team in a hasty crouch back down to the right, giving those behind him a quick hand motion to stay down.

He was really glad the El-tee had seen fit to allow him to teach these guys the hand-signal system he'd picked up in the CIS. It was one of the best ways to communicate in battle, but it only worked if everyone understood it. As he'd told Flash when he made the suggestion, it's no fun miming alone. Now, with the entire platoon familiar with the signals he'd been brought up using, he could get his point across almost as easily as if he were speaking.

Reaching a suitable point along the embankment, he says to his group, "Private! Get that mortar set up, dammit! What are you waiting for?! Laman! Help the guy out, eh?! Haarshi! Look sharp and keep your head down, dammit! Keep pokin' it up like that and I'll knock your head off myself, so the imps don't have to!"

Staring back toward second element until he makes eye contact with Rayror, he gives the burly reptilian a thumbs up and receives one in return, then, carefully, he rummages around in his pack and retrieves his electrobinoculars. Cautiously peering over the embankment, he checks out what they're dealing with...

((OOC: Spot Check using electrobinoculars. Also, I haven't opened fire 'cause I don't know what I'm shooting at. Consider this as just a dialogue post, with a round or two of maneuvering. Once we have targets, C squad's ready. ;)))

Stormrider
3 November 2005, 05:43 AM
As blaster fire rained down on the Daystalkers position. Ketran offered a grin to the rest of his squad mates.

.....Looks like the local Imperial's aren't friendly.......too bad...I was going to set up a nice vaction house..in the bog. The corporal joked.

As one of the new privates raised his head. He was yanked down by Ketran with a hiss. For sith's sake kid! Stay down or you'll be a pincussion for blaster bolts. . Damn...they had to send us greenhorns fresh from bootcamp...funny...that would have been me four months ago. and now I'm the experienced one...Son of a Sith..

Turning to Daxter he offered a frown


What are your orders Sarge? I suggest when we charge the pillbox we spread out...make it harder for the Imps to hit several of us at once. ]

Korwin Blade
3 November 2005, 07:20 AM
Jakk smoking one of many cigars blows out some smoke and says What ever you say Srage!!!. Take another pull on his cigar and then shoulders his Lt Repeater and starts to head towards the wookie, then He turns Hey you boys coming or not?

He makes sure to keep his head down as to not make himself a target for the Imps.


He finds a good spot to place his Repeater and then carefully sneaks a peek over the edge of the road to see were he need to aim. When Jakk sees were he needs to aim he will fire on the pillbox as much as possible.


[OOC: He will fire in Multi Mode, for what ever rounds he has left.]

djas_puhr
3 November 2005, 10:43 AM
ÖCorporal McGregor, inform Sergeant Oran that he's to take his 2nd Squad around to the right in a flanking maneuver. Stay concealed until you reach the enemy emplacements, then let them have it. Orr's boys will, uh, keep up the covering fire while you sneak around.

Great, I thought after holding off an entire Company of vat-boys at Echo Alpha we'd get a break, gues not. Vat-boys, I sure hope Orr is pulling my leg on that one. Edgar looks around at the terrain and the new troopers added to second squad. Four new faces, and too many good friends are gone. Jas I hope youíre out there kicking arse with your new unit. Edgar nods at his assignment from LT Flash and starts to head back to second squad when he quickly turns back and yells at the top of his lungs a wise crack.

Kinda makes you miss Hoth doesnít it El-Tee?

With that said he crouches real low and begins to make his way back to the Night Angles. Itís going to be curtains out for them bucket heads in the pillow box on the E-web and the few others firing there basic rifles at us. Edgar smirks at that thought he carefully gauges the distance between himself and Sergeant Oran. Once gauged he sprints as hard as he can keeping low the entire time not trying to draw any fire his way or to his squad mates. Once he reaches the Night Angles he yells for Sergeant Oran.

Sarg! You ainít going to like this but weíve been tasked with moving 4th platoons right flank up against that there pillow box rear. Itís pouring blaster fire on 1st & 3rd squad and the El-Tee wants us to wheel around right and I quote, ĎStay concealed until you reach the enemy emplacements, then let them have it.í 1st is going to charge the pillow box and 3rd is going to return fire and cover us as we wheel around this time. Sounds like a suicide run for the Day Stalkers if you ask me but frak it! Isnít this whatís Delta Platoons all about?

Spades tries to put a little humor into his last sentence knowing full well what happened last time the 4th platoon was in this situation. This time I have no intentions on dying on this force forsaken mud hole!

Sarg! I can set up shop about 100m or more away from that pillow box and start picken them off one by one. Iíd also suggest that we hit Ďem far away but not to far that we canít inflict damage. Just let me adjust this Gillie suit here and Iíll be ready for action.

Edgar looks at the Night Angles and does a once over of them. Well at least this time we all have rifles; that gives us a slightly better advantage then Hoth. The four new troopers added to the Night Angles all seem ready for action. Edgar walks over to the new rifleman and kneels beside him and starts to talk to him.

Son, if you want to stay alive keep down trust in your basic training and most of all donít grab the attention of the enemy!

He yanks the private down into mud, a split second later a blaster bolt lances through the vacant space were the privates head was until Spades intervened.

You see kid, ya got to keep your head down. Booters, all green and wet behind the ears and all, wish Command would have reinforced us with more experienced troopers but I understand command politics. Iím not going that route as long as I can help it. Now keep your head down like the Sergeant over there is yelling at us to do!

Edgar brings up his rifle and puts in a fresh power pack and locks it in place and gets ready for action.

darth_wyld
3 November 2005, 11:21 AM
Jag lies in part in a puddle, trying to be where the bolts aren't. Although he feels a slight pull of panic in his guts, he recognizes with a bit of surprise that part of him is enjoying this. Keeping the unwieldy but reassuring weight of his light repeater ready he sees the sniper coming back and reporting. Spades was his name.

Okay, we'll be moving any second now...

Jag readies himself, keeping low avoiding the enemy line of fire.

Well that's different from a little firefight while boarding... he thinks while getting ready to move, following the line of the terrain and ready to rain some controlled bursts on any white armor showing up.

[OOC: Ready to move, watching the terrain and if neccessary **EDIT: and ORDERED** Multishot bursts]

Night who says ni
3 November 2005, 12:15 PM
Out of the Firying Pan and into the Fire... Kell thinks to himself as he looks over the stiuation at hand following what Flash and the Sergent are saying...


"C squad, listen up! We're giving Night and Day some cover so they can take this stingfly nest! Regular fire-teams, you guys know the drill! Drak, take Kupurr, Gath, and Ghennan to get set up a little ways up the road here, but don't pass Shorrar. I want that repeater set up yesterday! The rest of you, come with me! Wait for my signal to open fire! Now let's get ready to give 'em hell!"

Yes Sir I'll cover you... Kell says as he follows his leader into battle.


Haarshi! Look sharp and keep your head down, dammit! Keep pokin' it up like that and I'll knock your head off myself, so the imps don't have to!"

Im just trying to see the thing we are shoting at it always helps you know that old man.... Kell says as he flashes a smile back to Orr hoping he understode the joke. He then decides to take cover just incase and fires a warning shot.

-If-

Orr doesnt want to be know yet Kell will make a hide check for extra cover.

(O.O.C. Kell is basically followinging orr actions but instead of a spot check he fires a warning shot out of his rifle or the hide check ultimately up to Orr though)

EZE1138
3 November 2005, 12:36 PM
You ainít going to like this but weíve been tasked with moving 4th platoons right flank up against that there pillow box rear.

Tav, the slightly built Bothan, sits on his haunches next to his sergeant as Spades returns from his briefing with the LT. Spades continues to talk about the move around the right and visions of doing the nearly same maneuver in meters of snow cause Tav to shiver involuntarily as he remembered his squad mates falling around the feet of an AT-ST. Every bolt that hissed into the mud around him brought a slight wince to his face as he, without noticing, rubbed his leg, which was still slightly sore from the patching done since Hoth. He was surprised it still worked as well as before.

With that thought he turns towards the new replacements that fill out his squad since Hoth. They looked young and, even in the rain somehow, fresh. One in particular seemed to have a look of contentment on his face betrayed only by the way he gripped his weapon.


Jag lies in part in a puddle, trying to be where the bolts aren't.

Tav crawls over to Jag.

Hey, Replacement. Lighten up on that gun a bit; you are going to snap it in two. And get out of that puddle. We have to stay low but there is a patch of ground a meter next to you that won't fill your boots with water.

He tries to hide the derision in his voice, but what fur is exposed ruffles slightly in agitation, even with it matted to his skin. As he begins crawling back, he softens a bit at the memory of his leg in tatters and the body of a squadmate lying in the snow.

He turns back slightly:

And for the love the Force don't get dead.

He continues his crawl back to his Sergeant and sniper to hear the end of his report.


...Just let me adjust this Gillie suit here and Iíll be ready for action.

_____________________________________________________

Actions: First, help Spades get his Gillie suit adjusted if that will in any way speed up that process. Second, ready action to move out as ordered. Quick last check of rifle and slight running of hands over the Bothan word for "Uk" on his rifle butt.

darth_wyld
3 November 2005, 12:48 PM
Hey, Replacement. Lighten up on that gun a bit; you are going to snap it in two. And get out of that puddle. We have to stay low but there is a patch of ground a meter next to you that won't fill your boots with water.

Jag's eyes narrow a bit while listening to the Bothan. He nods and quickly rolls into a new, dryer postition. His voice shows a trace of anger as he answers.

Thank's, Lance Corporal. By the way, the name is Karren. Jag Karren.


And for the love the Force don't get dead.

Jag's expression softens.
Naw, got too much on my plate for that dying-stuff...

Kamon
3 November 2005, 03:40 PM
The dirty Tatooinian Staff Sergeant crouches next to Flash, absorbing every word the LT was saying. Daxter Nomak was still reeling over the loss of one of his squad members on Hoth, and was not too keen on allowing a repeat of that to happen.


EXTERIOR: DAYTIME -- A DIRT ROAD, IN THE RAIN
When your attack begins, Sergeant Nomak will lead 1st Squad in a, uh, frontal assault, to the left. Stay low, move quick, close to short range, and open fire. Everybody got it? Questions? [/B]
Nodding his head, Daxter hastily runs over to the Day Stalkers, keeping low in the foilage. Staring around at the faces of the squad, Daxter begins to inform them of the plan.

Alright, seems that we are to wait for Squad 2 to swing around behind this here pillbox and begin to attack 'em. I'm guessin' this is so that we aren't cut down by whosever inside the box.

The Sergeant glances over his soldier at the blaster bolts still pouring over the embankment. Pulling out the newly acquired G8, Daxter grips it firmly in two hands. His scarred features are pulled into a frown, his young face aged with worry and stress. Turning back to his squad, he continues. Men... and lady... Daxter nods towards the young female private. You are to wait for my command. When that comes, you are to be ready to hop over this embankment and charge the station.


I suggest when we charge the pillbox we spread out...make it harder for the Imps to hit several of us at one. ]
Good idea, Corporal. Alright, Day Stalkers, when we charge, I want everybody spread out 4 meters apart. That way, we're far apart enough not to taken out with any area blasts, but close enough to help one another.

Daxter turns his back on his squad, and stares over the embankment(Making sure not to get his head blasted off) at the pillbox. We're comin' for ya... So ya better watch out... The Tatooinian glances back at his squad one last time. Smiling, he reverts his attention back to the situation at hand. And I hope ya brought yer big boy clothes, cuz its about ta get dirty...

(OOC: I just ready for when Squad 2 reaches the pillbox and begins the assault. When they do, I will run full speed towards it, firing my G8 at whatever enemies I see)

Stormrider
3 November 2005, 03:51 PM
.....Make sure your blaster's charged and your armor's on tight gentlemen and lady.....We'll get through this.alive.
Two bottles of my Whyrens reserve to the one who kills the most Imp's.

Ketran offered another grin to the squad as he spoke the last part.



May the force be with us he said quietly. Ketran was scared to death. He forced that down and gazed at the squad. Blue eyes gazing at each one. His face was aged by constant stress and worry..

PsychoInfiltrator
3 November 2005, 05:13 PM
The 'burly reptilian' returns Orr's thumbs up.

Without any obvious oders, Rayror decides to give his men the complete essence of Basic Training (the part he'd skipped, and been reindoctrinated on, after Hoth.)

"Remeber, keep your heads down!" (randmoly select either PC or NPC in grabbing range.)
Rayror grabs sadi person and yanks, sending the unfortunate suboordinate sprawling.

"Recon iz for recon, surviving is for the rezt of us. KEEP YOUR OTHERWISE-BLASTED HEADS DOWN!!!"

"Remember, if its not ourz, and duzz some combination of moving, looking unfriendly, being armed, or scarez the daylitez outta ya, SHOOT IT FOR PITY SAKE! Or at least for mine."

"Never charge the enmey unless ordered by superior, led by superior, or you are either Wookie or Barabel. For zum reezun everybodyLUNCH is sscared of uszn'z."

"No suizidal chargez PERIOD, successful ones exempted after the fact."

"Getting shot might get you ribbons, but some are post-humous."

(And finally.)

"Vibroaxes are not a zertified sterile method of meat chopping, but I don't care."

boccelounge
3 November 2005, 05:30 PM
OOC: Sergeant Orr and a few others have begun to scout out the Enemy Emplacement. As of the "middle" of Turn One, here are the known knowns:

- There is a fortified pillbox, 100-110 m from the dirt road you're currently on.

- The pillbox is surrounded by 6 bunkers, made of earth and sandbags.

- Enemy strength is unknown, but appears to be smaller than Imperial Company size (100), based on the rate and volume of blaster fire.


Tactical Map

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/boccelounge/chapter02_battle01_03_75.jpg

coldskier0320
3 November 2005, 06:13 PM
After his little look-see, Orr ducks back over the small bank, and leans over to again make eye contact with his second in command, Rayror. When he has his attention, he makes a series of hand gestures:

6 fingers up / one hand w/ 3 fingers sideways to form an E shape / hands form a circle

6 emplacements, probably E-webs, surrounding the main objective

Hand motions a right hook / two fists starting together, pulled apart / finger in a downward motion

Cover the flank, send in grenades to the right side, on my signal

He then turns to his own men,

ĒOkay men, on my signal were gonna hit hard. Theyíve got six positions around that pillbox, looks like probably webs. Weíre gonna take Ďem out. Private! You got that mortar set up yet? Good. On my signal, youíre gonna hit that rightmost emplacement. Hit Ďem hard and donít let up, yíhear?! Laman, set that cannon down, and help the private on that mortar! Haarshi! Pick one of the other two positions and lay down some cover fire, make 'em keep their heads down! And don't call me 'sir', Xen damnit! I work for a livin' just like you! On my signal let Ďem have it!Ē

After this, he seeks out the attention of Sgt. Kayíbain. When he gets it, he nods to let him know that C is ready to do their part, he then hold up an open fist for his men to see: the signal. When he drops that hand, theyíll know to open fireÖ

DentArthurDent
3 November 2005, 09:12 PM
*Not even a crappy motel. Hmph, damned Imps. Always gotta pick the worst places to fight. Oran Kay'Bain, Sergeant of Delta Platoon's 2nd Squad, looks around at his group. Not as many new faces as there could have been, thank the Force. The memories of the battle on Hoth were still all too real in his mind, and as they threatened to rush back and paralyze him, Oran refocused on the battle at hand. Can't make any more foolish decisions. Luck may not save them this time... Seeing Spades jogging low through the mud to Squad 2's position, Oran braces for the inevitable bad news.*

Oran: Tell me the news is at least so-so, Corporal.


Originally posted by djas_puhr
Sarg! You ainít going to like this ....

*I would say I'm surprised, but why bother....


Originally posted by djas_puhr
the El-Tee wants us to wheel around right and I quote, ĎStay concealed until you reach the enemy emplacements, then let them have it.í

*Oran nods his understanding of the plan, and sets his mind into motion to devise a plan. He nods absently at Edgar's input on sniping.*

Oran: You took the words out of my mouth, Corporal. Take Kestrel with you as spotter and close support. Karren, Yeel, you're with me. We'll skirt the bog until we get within 20 meters of the furthest bunker. Tav, take Privates Rambo and Busey^ * ^ with you and head out a couple moments after~~. Get as close as you can, then put the fear of the gods in the bunker next to our target on my signal. Move fast, keep low. Squad, we're leaving!


Originally posted by coldskier0320
After this, he seeks out the attention of Sgt. Kayíbain. When he gets it, he nods to let him know that C is ready to do their partÖ

*Oran sees Sep trying to get his attention. Seeing Orr's 3rd Squad ready and waiting for Squad 2 to drop the hammer, Oran motions for his men to follow him and moves as quickly as he is able to, while still keeping out of the fire storm as much as possible, to the flanking position.*


^ * ^ Names pending GM approval :P
~~ Details, details :D

coldskier0320
3 November 2005, 09:34 PM
Oran sees Sep trying to get his attention. Seeing Orr's 3rd Squad ready and waiting for Squad 2 to drop the hammer, Oran motions for his men to follow him and moves as quickly as he is able to, while still keeping out of the fire storm as much as possible, to the flanking position.

Seeing this, Orr drops his hand and lifts his rifle into firing position. Leaning the overlength, ported barrel over the edge of the hill, he waits for Kell to open fire then lines up on the bunker that's left over on the right side and lays down a healthy peppering of plasma in an attempt to keep the imps' heads down...hopefully it'd be enough to get Night through...

[OOC: Supression Fire]

max ordo
4 November 2005, 12:21 AM
Originally poster by Stormrider
.....Looks like the local Imperial's aren't friendly.......too bad...I was going to set up a nice vaction house..in the bog. The corporal joked.

"Aye, to be sure. Not much of a welcome for their visitors. I'd like to return the hospitality." as one of the newer members of the Day Walkers, PFC Dorn Dol aka Double D to those who knew him, responds to Corporal Volos. Glancing at his new squad the Kel Dor thinks to himself Damn some of these guys don't even look old enough to have left their parents let alone be fighting in this forsaken place. Dorn quickly checks his DLT-20a, assuring himself that everything was perfect for the 10th time in two minutes and then reaches down and is reassured further by his KD-30 We're gonna kill us some Imps today Elanor. Even ducking down as he was he could still see his new squad leader Sgt Nomak come rushing back.


Originally posted by Kamon
Alright, seems that we are to wait for Squad 2 to swing around behind this here pillbox and begin to attack 'em. I'm guessin' this is so that we aren't cut down by whosever inside the box.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good idea, Corporal. Alright, Day Stalkers, when we charge, I want everybody spread out 4 meters apart. That way, we're far apart enough not to taken out with any area blasts, but close enough to help one another.


By all thats holy there may actually be someone here besides myself that knows how to stay alive. he thinks to himself. I'll take the lead if you want Sarge and then everyone else just stagger themselves behind me. We can take out these Plexi Pant Imps and get on with our stroll through the bog. to Sgt Nomak.


(OOC: Dorn will get ready to go on his squad leaders command with his DLT in hand. )

boccelounge
4 November 2005, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by DentArthurDent
Karren, Yeel, you're with me. We'll skirt the bog until we get within 20 meters of the furthest bunker... Move fast, keep low. Squad, we're leaving!

Private Slub Yeel is a mess.

Literally-- slops from last night's hasty bivouac mess stain the front of his fatigues. Mud and grass-stains cover most of the rest of his clothing.

As the Sergeant's words, he pushes his blast helmet back off his face and looks up. There's rain dripping off his pudgy nose, and abject terror in his small, close-set eyes.
SLUB: Bog? We're goin' to a bog? Oh boy...
He lifts his considerable bulk out of the mud, and hastily, awkwardly scoots over to Oran. The young Private grips his weapon with white-knuckled fear. His normally red face is white, and his breath comes in short, sharp gasps.

DentArthurDent
4 November 2005, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by boccelounge


Private Slub Yeel is a mess. The young Private grips his weapon with white-knuckled fear. His normally red face is white, and his breath comes in short, sharp gasps.

*Certainly lives up to his name, then. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case... Slub was a very bad word on Balosar. Just before leading his men away from the road, Oran leaned over to Yeel.*

Oran: Get a hold of yourself, Private. Your knuckles are whiter than their armor is. Got nothing to be so scared of. Just remember your training, and should you see a berserk Barabel, just keep moving. It happens quite often.

*Oran grinned, slapped Yeel on the back, and made for the bog.*

EZE1138
4 November 2005, 08:45 AM
Tav, take Privates Rambo and Busey^ * ^ with you and head out in two minutes. Get as close as you can, then put the fear of the gods in the bunker next to our target on my signal. Move fast, keep low. Squad, we're leaving!

Tav nods and turns to Ram Bo and Boosey** Tav looks over Ram's gear and finds it to specs. Boosey seems to be okay and only needs a tuck and pull her on his webbing to prevent a rattle. Tav slaps him on the shoulder and says, Okay, Disposables, you heard the man. You are with me. I move fast and want to be there before the fun starts. Keep low, move when volleys are fired and don't get me killed.

Tav bites his lip. Can I be more of a Bantha's hind end? Ease up. he chastises himself. He shakes his head slightly and signals his men to get ready.

__________________________________________________
** Names modified to protect the innocent...and also, by "in two minutes" I don't assume you mean "in 20 rounds" else this will be over by then :D...I will assume "after I head out, go!").

Action: When Oran's group moves out, Tav will count "a couple moments" and then signal the men using the new Hand Signal Fu to form up on him and follow around. He will take the squad out wide right quickly and under cover of embankment so that when he makes his move on the selected bunker he will be moving straight towards it using cover. The rational is that if we cross in front of it closer and then turn we are larger targets for a longer period of time. That make sense?

Uron Teff
4 November 2005, 11:02 AM
Steping through a puddle of mud Shorrarr doesn't care about if he was dirty or if he was wet. After three nights of dreamless sleep the reproach of causing LAN's death have almost vanished from his mind. Nonetheless his mind was speeding. Speeding foreward to the day when he finds Dryanta his beloved wife. Knowing that his son mentioned to Rrarrk a cousin of his that he wanted to join the rebellion and fight against the Empire his eyes where steadily examining every other soldier he meets. Eying the crouching Private to his left a sudden thought strikes his mind. This could have been LAN... Shaking his head he bends over to talk to the Private. Is he even able to understand me? Well lets find out.

[Shorrarr] Wrarou. Rorua wrwoa worua uoorwuo?
Private. Are you ready to get some action?

Without hesitation his paws move over the instrument panel of the more than heavy power generator adjusting and changing the set up. After only two second of work two human hand stop Shorrarr's action.

[Private] I can handle that, Sir.

Without further ado he activates the on/off switch and readies himself for carrying the heavy generator around.
Eyeing the new Private Shorrarr recognizes a certain familarity in the Privates actions and in his face. The more his eyes stay on the Private the more this familarity switches to a certainty. The more the Private tries to paper over his insecurity and infamilarity with this situation the more Shorrarr recogizes that the new Private has more incommon with LAN than he thought he would have.Maybe it's only a trick of my mind, maybe it's just a coincidence, and maybe I shouldn't drink too much corellian wiskey anymore, Shorrarr thinks.

All of the sudden a familiar voice yells at his from the left.


Originally posted by coldskier0320
C squad, listen up! We're giving Night and Day some cover so they can take this stingfly nest! Regular fire-teams, you guys know the drill! Drak, take Kupurr, Gath, and Ghennan to get set up a little ways up the road here, but don't pass Shorrar. I want that repeater set up yesterday! The rest of you, come with me! Wait for my signal to open fire! Now let's get ready to give 'em hell!

Viewing the NEW PRIVATES reaction, his hasty movements and his clumsiness in trying to reapy his blaster weapon Shorrarr's hand moves into his leather shoulder bag gripping a small badage. Combat infantery... that's what we are.

Focusing his thoughts back on the moment he picks up the heavy repeating blaster and weights it on his shoulder. With his bowcaster in his two paws he views down on the still working Private.

[Shorrarr] Arour shroua, wrarou. Rrou roauw orua Night Angels uuroa chewroua roauur aarsh rouarw roau.
Get ready, Private. We have to give Night Angels a hell of a cover supressing the Imperial fire with all we've got.

Walking ducked over to the Daystalkers his eyes are constantly searching the area for a good place to set up the heavy weapon. Though the rain had softened the ground his big feets aren't sinking too deep into the soil to prevent his march from being fast. Turning his head backwards to look at the Private he sees him falling back not caring about the first lessons of combat. With a sudden impulse of enragement he yells at him.

[Shorrarr] Rrrou rouaw wraoo, wrarou. WROU AROUR RUOW RUOWAR!
Get over here, Private. AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN!

Turning away from the private he keeps on walking till he reaches the right end of Staffsergeant Nomak's Daystalkers. Getting down in a prone possition Shorrarr takes another look to his right to find THE NEW PRIVATE right beside him handing the energy coupling over to him. Well, I guess this kid really wants to learn something.

Finishing the preparations of the heavy repeating blaster Shorrarr turns towards the Daystalkers and Staffsergeant Nomak. Rising his left arm only few inches he both signalizes that his weapon was set for the combat. Not sure if the message was attained by Nomak he opens the Daystalker chanel on his comlink.

[Shorrarr] Shrourrou Nomak? Nomak rour aruwo ruaur? Dryanta rrou aurw aru chewrour.
Staffsergeant Nomak? Nomak can you read me? Dryanta is set and ready to go.

Viewing the battle field infront of him and the private next to him a memory of the last time he was on Kashyyyk shoots through his mind. I hope Artouk don't mind that I won the bet that my son could catch a Nsharoul. Never cought one by myself....

Focusing all attention back to the moment he shortly views the drops of water on the barrel of his weapon. The few light of the day is reflected and broken by the drops of water. With a thought of natures beauty Shorrarr switches the heavy weapon to Autofire...

djas_puhr
4 November 2005, 11:49 AM
Oran: You took the words out of my mouth, Corporal. Take Kestrel with you as spotter and close support. Karren, Yeel, you're with me. We'll skirt the bog until we get within 20 meters of the furthest bunker. Tav, take Privates Rambo and Busey with you and head out a couple moments after Get as close as you can, then put the fear of the gods in the bunker next to our target on my signal. Move fast, keep low. Squad, we're leaving!

Edgar nods quickly and summons Kestrel over to him and both head of to find a suitable spot for the new sniper team. He looks her over real quick. Wishes more people grabbed the Rebel Camo Armor (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=230802#post230802) then maybe we would be better equipped to hide in this mud hole. Spades shakes his head and talks to Kestrel as they move out.

Well this is sure some picnic if you ask me. Read for spotting action? If you need to, you can use my Electrobinoculars. Well set up over there behind that mound of dirt. Not much cover but with this rain visibility is going to be poor for both sides.

Next stop Iím going to ask HQ for a thermal module addition for my scope. That way I can tag our folk with a distinct IR sig and pick off anyone without that sig in poor visibility. Edgar curses himself for not think about his field craft as a sniper and begins to crouch down farther and actively searches out for counter snipers that the opposition might have.

Spades approaches the mound of dirt from the rear and goes prone and starts slowly climbing his way up the right side. He reaches a point on the mound were he can rest his rifle comfortable and begins to set up shop. He extends the bipod on the front and levels off the blaster rifle. He opens the rear optical sight by flipping it up and over the top of the rifle. He leaves the front one in place as waits for Kestrel to set up shop besides him on his left. He tests his comlink and radios for Sergeant Oran. He speaks so his throat mike picks up his voice but will transmit it as a whisper.

Sarg, Spades here. Set up position about 90m South, Southeast from the pillow box. I have three gunnersí nests at 3, 4 & 6 oíclock respectfully from the pillow box. Let me know which nest you want eliminated first.

He turns his head slightly still keeping his eye in the scope and speaks to Kestrel.

Kestrel, I want you to start counting all the troops at the gunnersí nest that Sarg wants us to kill. Also the other nests count the troops and let me know the total number of troops that are in each one. Once youíre done with that if you wish to, use your rifle and inflict the most possible damage, with accuracy in mind, at those Imps. Weíll make you a marksman yet.

With that Spades flips open the front sight shield and gets ready to fire at whatever gunnersí nest Oran asks for striking the first Ďbig gun' gunner he sees.

------
OOC: Bocce, Hide and Move Silently checks for me. I will also hand over my Electrobinoculars to Kestrel if she needs them, if not she gets them anyways. Iím inside my first scope aided range increment so no penalty, again Iíll be using single fire mode at each new target that Kestrel gives him until she goes solo and starts to attack the Imps. When and if she goes solo Iíll start working my way down from 3 to 6 oíclock killing the entire nest as I go down the Ďclockí.

Rulk
4 November 2005, 12:28 PM
ĒOkay men, on my signal were gonna hit hard. Theyíve got six positions around that pillbox, looks like probably webs. Weíre gonna take Ďem out. Private! You got that mortar set up yet? Good. On my signal, youíre gonna hit that rightmost emplacement. Hit Ďem hard and donít let up, yíhear?! Laman, set that cannon down, and help the private on that mortar! Haarshi! Get that Ďnade launcher ready to go. On my signal let Ďem have it!Ē

Ric throws a salute to the squad leader and shoulders his Heavy blaster cannon. Ric is slightly overwhelmed at the chaos of his new assignment. right into the thick of things. Oh well Ric hazards through his electrobinoculars to the Imps stronghold. He prepares to assist in firing the motar, staying low, and keeping all his body parts attached.

_______________________
OOC: Spot check on the 6 o clock (Relative to map) gun bunker. other than that staying down and helping with the motar.

Night who says ni
4 November 2005, 12:29 PM
Haarshi! Pick one of the other two positions and lay down some cover fire, make 'em keep their heads down! And don't call me 'sir', Xen damnit! I work for a livin' just like you! On my signal let Ďem have it!Ē

Can do


Seeing this, Orr drops his hand and lifts his rifle into firing position. Leaning the overlength, ported barrel over the edge of the hill, he lines up on the bunker he'd indicated and lays down a healthy peppering of plasma in an attempt to keep the imps' heads down...

Kell noticing the signal charges forward a meter and sholder rolls into a prone potion and props his arm onto a log infront of him, the then follows Orr's example of sending cover fire but instead on the emplacement beside Orr's target.

(O.O.C. Kell lays down suppresion fire as well during this turn although he also moves forward the aloted meters he is alowed with an attack (2?))

Stormrider
4 November 2005, 01:17 PM
[Shorrarr] Shrourrou Nomak? Nomak rour aruwo ruaur? Dryanta rrou aurw aru chewrourStaff sergeant Nomak? Nomak can you read me? Dryanta is set and ready to go.

It wasn't Nomak's voice who responded to Shorrarr. Understood Fuzzball. The Heavy Repeater is ready to go....I'll relay this to the Sarge.

Quickly he tapped Daxter on the shoulder. Shorrarr is in place....and the heavy repeater is ready to fire. He relayed.

DentArthurDent
4 November 2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Sarg, Spades here. Set up position about 90m South, Southeast from the pillow box. I have three gunnersí nests at 3, 4 & 6 oíclock respectfully from the pillow box. Let me know which nest you want eliminated first.

*Oran slows slightly as Edgar's voice comes quietly through the comlink. He thumbs the switch and sends a direct message back.*

Oran: Roger that, Spades. Begin your slaughtering on the nearest bunker to you, the six o'clock. The rest of our squad will be focusing on the three and four. Good hunting.

*With that, Oran stops the transmission and continues his pace through the muck and mire.*

PsychoInfiltrator
5 November 2005, 10:49 AM
Rayror merely nods at his orders, then hisses his orders at his people, splitting his attention between Orr and his troops.

"On my signal-(loud, sharp hiss)-we'll be doing zum bombarding. We've got the left, Sarge Recon has the right. Use whatever you've got-and don't get shot. If Sarge Recon's troops charge, you do too. If you know you can witohut getting shot, get to a closer covered position and continue the bombardment. If something shoots at you, duck, move sideways, and shoot back."

OOC: Rayror will hiss the moment Orr's signal drops. He'll suppression fire anytihng and everything until all his men have cover and are relatively safe. Then he'll make his move for closer cover, and if he still has actions after that he'll multifire anything that looks like a threat, unless there are a group of Imps together where suppression fire would be more effective.

PS: Roll Call. Who exactly is with Rayror anyway?

Uron Teff
5 November 2005, 12:42 PM
Lying prone Shorrarr views the battle field infront of him. Gazing a few craters and the bunkers his mind is back home on Kashyyyk thinking about his cousins and the time his family was united. The time before the Empire, the time before the Rebellion. Even the time before the Clone Wars.

A noise from the left forcing his attention back on the here and now his view shifts over from the battle field to the heavy repeating blaster towards the big power generator to his left. Swift fingers making the last adjustments trying to prevent overheating of the power source caused the noise that pulled him back to reality.

The Private next to him tried to keep his mind focused on the events laying in front of them. The events he was scared of. The events he was looking for since he joined the Rebel Alliance. All this was obvious to the Wookiee since he had seen more than one human behaving this way.

I don't even know his name and though I have to fight next to that soldier. the Wookiee thinks. Shifting his weight to the right side, now facing the human soldier he askes.

[Shorrarr] Roushro, roura wroau rou? Shroua ruora cheworu roua?
Private, what is your name? Are you able to understand me?

As the Private looks up from his labor uncertainity and fear are blown away and replaced by puzzlement and insecurity. Not knowing what the large Wookiee next to him had said his mind is racing.

[Private] I don... don... don't understand, Sir.

Well I guess I should have expected this. Shorrarr thinks. Now there is only one way to let him know what I want from him... have to write a letter. Viewing the area behind the private and his possition, searching for a translator thought are charging through his mind. I guess I have to use sign language... Command ought to know if their soldiers understand Shyriiwook or not. That's ridiculous...

Looking the Private straight into the face his paw moves to his chest to symbolize that he was talking about himself.

[Shorrarr] Rour ... arou ... SHORRARR.
I ... am ... SHORRARR.

Not waiting for a response he uses his paw to point at the soldier next to him. Trying to mime a questioning human expression as good as he can he opens his snout to ask.

[Shorrarr] Roushr ... arou ... SHROU ... ROURA?
What... is ... YOUR ... NAME?

Not understanding the words but fully understanding the meaning of the Wookiees gestures the humans mind is spinning. Is the Wookiee expecting rank and the soldiers name. Or does he want to hear a nickname. The Privates mind is considering why the Wookiee asked this now and not earlier.

Meanwhile Shorrarr's expression changes from his interpretation of a interrogative human mien over a puzzled Wookiee expression to an angry and astonished face. [I]Is he to stupid to understand my gestures, or doesn't he want to answer me? Maybe...

In the middle of his thought the private opens his mouth and tries to response to the question asked seconds before as he realizes that those seconds have passed. With his face turing red he answeres.

[Private] Renici... Gonar Renici. That's my name... Shurour, right?

Marveled by the fact that the Private has responsed Shorrarr's head move unwilling backwards as he hears the humans interpretation of his name. More or less it was the Privates first time to pronounce a Wookiee name properly.

[Shorrarr] Rour arou Shorrarr. Shrou aouro rouroa chewrour arour FUZZBALL.
I am Shorrarr. Despite the fact everybody calls me FUZZBALL.

Again puzzlement and again this human expression of understanding is visible in the humans face. Nodding at Shorrarr the human bends again over the power generator.

I hope, you'll stay alive Gonar Renici. I don't want to loose another soldier... another friend to the Imps...

Kamon
5 November 2005, 01:58 PM
I'll take the lead if you want Sarge and then everyone else just stagger themselves behind me. We can take out these Plexi Pant Imps and get on with our stroll through the bog. to Sgt Nomak.
The Sergeant averts his attention from the pillbox and surrounding emplacements for a moment to glance at the Kel Dor. Sticking out like a sore thumb, Dorn was the only non-human in the entire squad. The Private had just joined the unit, and Daxter was unsure of whether or not he would be ready to lead the unit. Sorry, Dorn, but I'm going to have to decline. Just make sure nobody gets left behind, and show these new bloods what it means to be a Rebel Soldier. Dax smiles and laughs a deep, booming laugh. When the time comes, though, I'll let you help with the commanding of the squad. But right now, I need to lead these men.
Before he had time to face the emplacement again, Ketran was tapping on his soldier.


Shorrarr is in place....and the heavy repeater is ready to fire. He relayed.
Thanks, I woulda nevuh figured out what the fuzzball was saying... Tell 'im to fire a supressing fire towards the surrounding emplacements, trying to take them out so that we'll have an easier time getting to the center pillbox. Oh, and make sure to tell 'im not to shoot us, kay? Daxters face turns to a smile again as he pats Ketrans shoulder and faces the Day Stalkers. Alright, kiddies. Seems we're gonna start this party in a matter of moments. Evr'ybody ready? Got any questions? Seeing noone raise their hand, the Sergeant continues. OK. Remember what I said- 4 meters apart, run low and run fast. Keep your fingers on those triggers and don't let them catch their breath. When we get to the pillbox, everyone is to get inside and from there, fire upon whatever gun emplacements are left. Got it? Kay then, lets lock 'n load.

Stormrider
5 November 2005, 02:06 PM
Fuzzball! Sergeant Nomak wants you to lay down a suppressing fire at the surrounding emplacements..try and knock as many as you can out. and for Sith's sake watch where you aim! Ketran bellowed into the Comm. Making damn sure the Wook could hear him over the heavy blaster fire.


.......Remember......whoever kills the most Imp's gets two bottles of unopened Whyrens reserve. He said with an easy grin to the squad. Checking the carbine one last time Ketran gave a curt nod to Sergeant Nomak.

Ready to go sir....

Mack Jace
6 November 2005, 04:12 AM
Ragab kneeled in the mud, and listened to the El Tee scream about how the emplacement in front of them was not there. That's always how it is, isn't it? Somebody doesn't do their job well enough and now we're sitting in a pile of bantha poodoo. Well, sitting here copmplaining about it isn't gonna make it go away, we just have to deal with it. At that moment, he heard orders being given, and didn't know where he was going. He ran over to the Lt. and kneeled down next to him as blaster bolts began to fly over his head. El tee, which squad am I going with sir? As he said this, more blaster bolts flew through the air, and he jumped face first into the mud and waited until the barrage was over.

djas_puhr
7 November 2005, 07:28 AM
Oran: Roger that, Spades. Begin your slaughtering on the nearest bunker to you, the six o'clock. The rest of our squad will be focusing on the three and four. Good hunting.

Edgar hears the Sergeants reply and shift his aim slowly to the left as he begins to zero in on the gunners nest. He tilts his head and speaks to Kestrel quietly.

Okay not sure if you hear the Sergeant but were to take out the 6 o'clock gunners nest and then attack at our discretion. Hope you're up for some target practice. Stay low like my self and trust in your training and you'll hit them vat-boys like its going out of style.

With that he quickly comms over to Shorrarrs frequency and speaks clearly into his mike.

Hey Fuzzball, Spades here. Looks like you had me beat at Echo Alpha on the kills. There's plenty for the both of us, so may the best man win!

---
OOC: For every kill that I get I open my comlink and say what ever kill number that it was to Shorrarr.

boccelounge
7 November 2005, 10:40 AM
OOC Notes
Turn One takes roughly a minute. Every group (friend and foe) got about 2 rounds of "tactical" combat during this time.

As a reminder, there are 7 enemy positions: one steel and concrete "pillbox" and 6 dirt/sandbag "bunkers."

The bunkers are numbered 1-6, starting at the top left and going anti-clockwise (see map, below).

There seems to be mostly blaster rifles firing at you. Every bunker seems to have at least one light/heavy repeater, and the pillbox seems to have 2-5 heavy weapons-- heavy repeaters or E-Webs. You'll get more detail on enemy targets and weapons as the combat progresses.

Starting with Turn Two, please indicate the general target your're firing at or moving toward, as in "pillbox" or "bunker 2" or "away from the bad guys as fast as possible."

The bunkers provide 1/2 cover (+4 Defense) to soldiers shooting from inside, or 3/4 (+7) if they're ducked down behind the sandbags.

The pillbox provides 3/4 cover (+7 Defense) to soldiers shooting from inside, or 9/10 (+10) if they're hiding within.

Likewise, any of you guys that are firing from the road (Squad 3 and Shorrar) get 1/4 to 1/2 cover from the earthen ditch you're positioned in.

Most of the roadside troopers are also getting "prone" bonuses (+2 attack) due to the fixed position.


1. 3rd Squad

In the center of the Delta Platoon line, Sergeant "Sep" Orr's 3rd Squad serves as a base of fire, to distract, suppress, and otherwise harass the enemy defenders, while 2nd Squad sets up its flanking manuever, and 1st Squad prepares to assault.

They set up in two firing teams, left and right. Sgt. Orr commands the left, and his 2nd, the Barabel Corporal Rayror takes the right. At the far left is Shorrarr the Wookiee heavy gunner, and his "second gunner," Gonar Renici. On the far left, PFC Ric Laman, The Last Private, and Specialist Roobis man the heavy mortar.

On Orr's signal, the squad opens fire.

On the right, Orr fires on the closest bunker, labelled #4 on Lt. Flash's tactical map; his multifire shots miss. The other troopers near him follow his lead: Lance Coporal Kell Haarshi leaps over the dirt cover afforded by the roadside, and surges forward, but his prone shots miss. As Specialist Roobis loads the TTT-54 Mortar, PFC Ric Laman calls out a firing solution to The Last Private. The first round sails long, and Ric quickly corrects, sending the second right into the 6m-wide foxhole. All 5 troopers inside are hit, two badly.

On the left, Corporal Rayror Drak'tyne eschews targeted fire, and sprays wild suppression fire on Bunker 3, causing no damage. Next to the scaly Barabel, a short young woman named Ghennan aims her rifle, and scores a hit on a trooper manning a light repeater. PFC Jakk Kupurr fires on the nearest bunker, getting off two rounds of multifire. His shots strike the earth and sandbag emplacement, missing the troopers within. Next on the line, the male Zabrak Yuth Gath shoulders a G11 Grenade Launcher. He fires twice, and both rounds find their target. Of the 5 troopers in Bunker 3, two are killed and three badly wounded.

Then Specialist Shorrarr lets loose with autofire from his heavy repeater. The Wookiee finishes off one of the grenade victims, leaving only two disabled troopers in Bunker 3. Next to Shorrarr, young Private Gonar allows himself a brief "whoop!" of victory.


2. Second Squad

Faced with the difficult mission of executing a running flank attack on the enemy position, Sergeant Oran Kay'bain splits his 2nd Squad into three teams: PFC Gern Kestrel and Corporal Edgar "Spades" McGregor head out as a sniper team; Lance Corporal Tav "Bothington" Ruk'bun takes new Privates Ram Bo* and Boosey* around wide to the right, using the roadside embankment as cover. Sgt. Kay'Bain takes Private Slub Yeel and PFC Jag Karren himself, up the middle.

The teams use this turn organizing, preparing, and getting into position.

[OOC: I assumed Hide and Move Silent were used when possible.]

[*OOC: Dent, EZE: I hate you guys. ;) ]


3. First Squad

Over on the far left of Delta Platoon, back on the relative cover of the road, Staff Sergeant Daxter Nomak prepares 1st Squad for its assault. The young but wily sergeant realizes that the key to the assault is surprise, so he keeps his men concealed until 2nd Squad has sprung its flanking feint...


4. ENEMY

Pillbox: The heavy gunners in the pillbox split their fire between the various Delta Platoon troopers in Sgt. Orr's firing line. At least 3 heavy repeaters fire down the line; nearly every Rebel is targeted at least once; Sgt. Orr is hit (24 VP).

Bunker 1: Five riflemen fire on Shorrarr and his 2nd Gunner, Private Gonar. Shorrarr is hit twice (28 VP).

Bunker 2: Five riflemen fire on Rayror, Kell, and Jakk. Rayror is hit by a light repeater (11 VP).

Bunker 3: Is eliminated from the combat.

Bunker 4: Badly hurt, the troopers in Bunker 4 still get some shots off, hitting Ric (10 VP), Yuth (12 VP), and the Last Private (28 VP).

Bunker 5: Five more troopers try to knock out 3rd Squad's mortar team. Orr, The Last Private, Ric, Roobis, and Kell are all fired on, to no effect.

Bunker 6: The only group to notice 2nd Squad's flanking manuever, this bunker fires on the team led by Sgt. Kay'Bain. PFC Jag Karren and Private Slub Yeel are targeted. Jag takes a minor hit (7 VP), but Slub is hit by a half-dozen shots, and is killed. He goes down heavily into the muddy field.

----------------------------------------

Tactical Map

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/boccelounge/chapter02_battle01_04_75.jpg

----------------------------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

boccelounge
7 November 2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Edgar... turns his head slightly still keeping his eye in the scope and speaks to Kestrel.

"Kestrel, I want you to start counting all the troops at the gunnersí nest that Sarg wants us to kill. Also the other nests count the troops and let me know the total number of troops that are in each one. Once youíre done with that if you wish to, use your rifle and inflict the most possible damage, with accuracy in mind, at those Imps. Weíll make you a marksman yet."

Until recently, PFC Gern Kestrel was Delta Platoon's only female trooper. She is a short but athletically-buily human, with an unassuming face and shoulder-length brown hair. There is normally a kind smile in her eyes and lilting laugh in her voice, but now she shows only tense concentration. Kestrel lays prone near Corporal McGregor, and peers through the 'binocs at the enemy emplacements.
KESTREL: I got two bunkers on this side, Spades. Looks like... five troopers each. One light repeater per foxhole, all the rest on rifles or carbines... Should be good pickings, I don't think they've spotted-- oh! Frak!
Kestrel winces as blaster fire lances out of Bunker 6 toward Sgt. Kay'Bain's position.
KESTREL: They spotted the Sarge, and it looks like that replacement, Slub, is down!
She sets down the 'binocs, and shoulders her rifle, grim determination on her face.
KESTREL: Ready when you are, boss.

boccelounge
7 November 2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Mack Jace
Ragab... ran over to the Lt. and kneeled down next to him as blaster bolts began to fly over his head.

"El tee, which squad am I going with sir?"

As he said this, more blaster bolts flew through the air, and he jumped face first into the mud and waited until the barrage was over.

Lieutenant Samson watches the attack unfold from the middle of the road, not far behind PFC Laman's mortar position. He glances over at the Mon Calamari medic's question, macrobinoculars in hand.
FLASH: You, uh, sit tight, Corpsman. We'll need you to be ready to move out when, uh, somebody goes down.
Lifting his 'binocs to his eyes, Flash observes 2nd Squad's flanking maneuver. He catches sight of Private Yeel being gunned down by fire from Bunker 6.
FLASH: Damn. They were spotted. Here's your chance, Corpsman. Sergeant Grath! You're with Ragab! Go get Yeel out of there!
Sergeant First Class (SFC) Sinjin Grath, jumps up at the LT's orders.

A short, compactly-built man in his late 30's, Grath has hard features and a harder demeanor. He joined Delta Platoon after its escape from Hoth, taking over as Platoon Sergeant. Few of the troopers have gotten to know him yet, but his reputation as a tough disciplinarian and fighter preceded him. It's also known that he defected to the Alliance after serving in the Imperial Stormtrooper Scout Corps.

Blaster rifle in hand, Grath jogs over toward Flash in crouch.
GRATH: Yes sir! Let's go, medic! On yer feet and follow me!
Without waiting for a rely, Sgt. Grath runs past the mortar team, hurdles the roadside embankment, and starts sprinting toward Sub Yeel's position.

Rulk
7 November 2005, 12:24 PM
Ric winced as the blaster bolt hit him in the upper right chest, but after determining the shot wasn't fatal, snapped back to the battle. Ric saw at least one trooper go down in the bunker that they hit.
We hit something!
Ric also noticed a hail of fire not directed at him, but at the 2nd squad's attempted flanking manuever. A plan quickly forms in his mind.
Hey Last Private! Heres the plan! We'll shoot the first round at the bunker we hit, then cover the 2nd Squad, OK?
The Last private nods savagely.

OOC: Ric directs the 1st shot at bunker number 4, and the second and any subsequent shots at bunker 6, mindful of the 2nd squad's maneuver.

PsychoInfiltrator
7 November 2005, 01:28 PM
Rayror ignores the red welt on his left shoulder, but makes sure to lay as prone as possible, and sets up his next blasts using a rock as a stabilizing mount.

"Grenadier, take out that nearer gun ztashun. (4)You two-hold your fire till we see what that next grenade dusz. If it takez out the emplacement, diztract the pillbox with ssnipe-fire. If not, take out that posishun. Grenadier, once that stashun iz out of combat, either take out the next one (5) or help Squad 1 and take the one on the left (2). Riflers, once thje right post is down, take out the pillboxers. With any luck Squad 2 can take it mostly intact and finish this with the weapons inside."

OOC: Rayror will delay actions until first grenade is fired, then multifire either position 5 (if the grenade misses or is otherwise ineefectual) or multifire the pillbox. If he has more than two combat rounds, he'll single fire the pillbox, focusing on gunners.

djas_puhr
7 November 2005, 02:29 PM
KESTREL: I got two bunkers on this side, Spades. Looks like... five troopers each. One light repeater per foxhole, all the rest on rifles or carbines... Should be good pickings, I don't think they've spotted-- oh! Frak!

KESTREL: They spotted the Sarge, and it looks like that replacement, Slub, is down!

KESTREL: Ready when you are, boss.

Spades quickly takes in all the information that Kestrel has given him and begins to form a plan of action. So far he knows that his Squad is in a bind with the bunker laying down heavy fire their direction.

Okay Kestrel, attack anyone you think you can hit the best. Use your shots wisely and make ever-single shot count. Accuracy over quantity, if you need to scare them use suppressive fire but make sure you make your shots count.

With that said Spades instinctively shifts position once more and readies his rifle to take out Bunker Number 6. He flicks his selector switch from safe to single fire mode and targets TK-603. (TK is for the stromtrooper in bunker, 6xx is the bunker and x01 is the trooper number just for reference Bocce). He aims and fires a single shot, shifts position a hair and fires a second shot at TK-605. Brining his rifle back to the center of the bunker he searches for the Light/Heavy Repeater weapon and targets the gunner using such weapon. He fires a single shot once more at the Light/Heavy Repeater and then aims at TK-601.

------
OOC: Bocce, Iíll use Kill Shot once per Ďroundí of combat if TK-601, 603, or 605 is killed. If the Light/Heavy Repeater gunner is wounded I'll make sure that the gunner is dead and continue targeting Bunker 6. Rifle is 18-20 critical as usual. Also as a side could you post if Spades gets a confirmed kill a communication to Shorrarr along the lines, ďOne, twoÖĒ counting each kill I earn.

DentArthurDent
7 November 2005, 09:18 PM
PFC Jag Karren and Private Slub Yeel are targeted. Jag takes a minor hit (7 VP), but Slub is hit by a half-dozen shots, and is killed. He goes down heavily into the muddy field.

*Oran sees the blaster fire lance past him and hears the tell-tale shriek of a wounded man, silenced almost immediately. He allows himself to briefly turn around and see what happened, and immediately notices Yeel is on his back in the mud, blood pouring from multiple wounds. No! This is not happening. Not again. Oran yells over the din to Jag Karren.*

Oran: Karren, get him to the bog, now!

*Oran turns back to face the Imperial positions, and lays down a haphazard suppression fire with his newly aqcuired DLT-20A to cover the strategic withdrawal of his element to the edge of the bog, hoping for better cover from the brutal Imperial fire. Once out of the direct line of fire, Oran scrabbles through the brush to find a suitable spot to set up prone and fire upon the right-most bunker (#6). He lets his shots fly in single-shot mode, targeting the basic riflemen first and hoping Spades has a better angle on the heavy gunner.*

((ooc)) Taking as many move actions as needed to cover my group to the bog, while multifiring to try and keep their heads down in bunker 6. After that, just move me into a decent firing position and let 'em have it. Hopefully my ranged attack bonus will negate most, if not all, of their cover bonus :P

boccelounge
7 November 2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by DentArthurDent
Oran sees the blaster fire lance past him and hears the tell-tale shriek of a wounded man, silenced almost immediately...

He... turns back to face the Imperial positions, and lays down a haphazard suppression fire... to cover the strategic withdrawal of his element to the edge of the bog, hoping for better cover from the brutal Imperial fire.
The Platoon Commander, "Flash" Samson, kneels on the muddy road, just behind the mortar emplacement.

Watching Sgt. Kay'Bain's "withdrawal" from his macrobinoculars, Lieutenant Samsom does not look pleased. He speaks to himself, and fights the urge to reach for his comlink.
FLASH: Damnit... what's he doing? Attack, damnit, attack!

darth_wyld
8 November 2005, 12:14 AM
Oran: Karren, get him to the bog, now!

Jag squats down after a blastershot singes his leg. He then hears and sees Yeel dropping beside him, small flames still dancing on one of the holes in his fatigues. He sees his eyes and knows that there ain't much chance... but then his experience and boot camp take over. Shaking his head to get the sudden numbness of shock away he begins to move.

He puts the Repeater on his back by it's strap. Still in crouch he picks up Yeels body and got a secure grip on him. Between clenched teeth he grunts: Let's go, Sarge! as the Sarge fires to cover their move.

OOC: Pick up Yeel, bring him to the bog, get him a good place to lie and get back to the Sarge to do some firing (Multishot) with the light repeater.

EZE1138
8 November 2005, 05:54 AM
Blaster fire seemed to arc all around the sodden field but so far, Tav and his two Disposables had not been shot at and his hopes of getting in close to position 5 seemed high. From behind him and to his right he found that someone in his Sergeant's squad was firing like a madman into position 6. That can't be good since they apparently hadn't reached the bog as planned.

Tav signals his men Bo and Boosey with clear, distinct hand signals. They are to continue to crawl in close to Position 5 and grenade throwing range. He signals to Ram Bo with a gesture like pulling a pin then he quickly slapped the front of his head ("Ready Stun grenade") and then signals the same thing for Boosey, minus the headslap ("Ready frag grenade"). He gives signal count of 1 for Bo and 2 for Boosy ("Bo, throw first and as soon as the Stun goes off in that pit, Boosy hit them with the Frag when they will have a hard time responding"). He then signals with his hands to indicate "Then, pull guns, duck low and pick off the remainder of the men in the position 5." He follows up with "Begin this on my signal" and begins moving into position. Tav keeps low (OOC: are they crawling or making their way through terrain that they can hide amongst without crawling? They will do whatever will allow them a good balance of speed and cover to get them in position to do a bunch of this in one Turn...I assume we are close since we didn't have any ability to fight in the last Turn). Tav stays off to the right of his squad, keeping his eye on the 6th position that was firing on the other squad of Night Angels and pulls a frag grenade out.

When they are in position (hiding and now prone or close to it) and have Tav's attention, he throws the signal to begin the linked commands. As he does this he immediately turns and throws his frag into the 6th position, hoping they have their attention on the rest of his Sarge's squad. As soon as it explodes, accurate or not, he will begin to hit the 6th pit with supression fire to allow the Sarge's squad a chance to make it into the bog.

_______________________________________________________
To make sure he can do as much of this as possible, I will also do a Heroic Surge to squeeze off as many shots as possible.

coldskier0320
8 November 2005, 02:21 PM
Orr is in the process of firing as he hears the zip of superheated plasma flying in his direction, too fast to dodge. Then, in a flash of pain, he feels the bolt rip through his right arm.

"Aww, frak!", the middle-aged man hisses, spinning away with the blast to lie on his back aganst the embankment, "Dammit! If you're gonna hit me, do it right!", he shouts at the imperials, pulling a bandage form his pack and fastening it tightly to the profusely bleeding wound. Still, after a few test movements, Orr found that the limb still functioned more or less unhindered, and so returned to the fight...just in time to see Night squad take a few hits, and retreat toward the swamp.

"What in blazes is he doing?!", Orr cries in disbelief, "Keep moving! Otherwise you're all going to get ripped apart! Attack!"

Shaking his head, Orr says to Kell, "Finish off that bunker nearest us there! Then move on to the one hitting Night! Go tell Shorrar and Rayror! Now! Move!"

After he says this, he tears off in a crouched sprint for his mortar team. Sliding in, grav-ball style, he yells, "Good going! Now smash the starlight outta that far position! Hit 'em hard, draw their fire off of Night! If they don't make it through, we're never gonna take that pillbox!"

After this, he joins his men in firing on the imperials, letting the mortar team fire off a shot, then picking off the survivors of the blast in single shot mode, firing quickly and precisely at any troopers standing.

[OOC: Single-shot, rapid shot w/ Multishot feat.]

PsychoInfiltrator
8 November 2005, 03:04 PM
Orr found that the limb still functioned more or less unhindered, and so returned to the fight...just in time to see Night squad take a few hits, and retreat toward the swamp.


Rayror saw the cowardice too...

"You IDIOT! Shoot BACK! (turns to his troops.) What in this bloody mud-hole of blasted world is he DOING??? Make every shot count, continue with the objective, NEVER fall back!"

"I'll take out those Imps if I have to do it ALL BY MYSELF!!! What's a coward doing in the SpecForce, anyway? Did an errant shot from Hoth blow the SENSE out of his BRAIN? I'll have hiz hide if the Imps don't get it firzt! No one, not even a SUPERIOR OFFI-SIR will get away with THAT!!! And if High Command haz any sense they won't courtmartial me when I KILL HIM!!! Kthsszz!!!"

OOC: Nothing personal.

Stormrider
8 November 2005, 03:14 PM
in a grim silence. he watched as Night Squad took a few hits..and started to pull back. Ketran was oddly calm as he spoke to Staff Sergeant Nomak.

...... Looks like we're on our own Sarge. Unless SGT. Oran attacks again............Do we still assault the pillbox as planned?

Night who says ni
8 November 2005, 03:21 PM
"Finish off that bunker nearest us there! Then move on to the one hitting Night! Go tell Shorrar and Rayror! Now! Move!"

No problem need any help patching that thing up i've done it a few times in my days

O.O.C. If Orr wants help he will do that and use the remaining terns to follow his orders (finishing off closest bunker)

-If Not-

Kell will say Just wondering if u needed help He then will Continually fire on the bunker with well aimed shots While he does this he tells Shorrar and Rayror the information over his com on a general squad frequency (asuming we have one)
Hey everyone hows the day going ... what your muddy and being shot at thats GREAT! Well though you would want 2 know that Night is being hit pretty hard and you guys should probelly help them out... the orders from Orr by the way...yes I love you too. (taking a bit of creative liberty there if u dont mind bocce)

(O.O.C. All regular shots helps out with other bunker attacking night if I kill everyone whichi doubt)

max ordo
8 November 2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Stormrider
in a grim silence. he watched as Night Squad took a few hits..and started to pull back. Ketran was oddly calm as he spoke to Staff Sergeant Nomak.

...... Looks like we're on our own Sarge. Unless SGT. Oran attacks again............Do we still assault the pillbox as planned?


Originally posted by Stormrider
in a grim silence. he watched as Night Squad took a few hits..and started to pull back. Ketran was oddly calm as he spoke to Staff Sergeant Nomak.

...... Looks like we're on our own Sarge. Unless SGT. Oran attacks again............Do we still assault the pillbox as planned?

We'd better still be going. Can't let the damn Imps keep this emplacement. Dorn thinks to himself as he awaits his new sarge's response "Hey Sarge...I know you're the one calling the shots but we need to go ahead with this otherwise them Imps are gonna send all those boyo's in the bog there to their untimely demises. If we could get to that vacated bunker we could use this side for cover from the other emplacements and the pillbox and start droppin the tin cans where they sit. Dorn sits waiting for a response form Sgt. Nomak.


OOC: If Nomak gives the go ahead on the frontal assault Dorn will moves as fast as he can to the outside of bunker 3 using it for cover then start firing his DLT at the e-web operators in the pillbox (multi-shot for as many rounds possible. If we don't go out then he'll sit there and wait like a good little soldier.

Korwin Blade
8 November 2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator


"Grenadier, take out that nearer gun ztashun. (4)You two-hold your fire till we see what that next grenade dusz. If it takez out the emplacement, diztract the pillbox with ssnipe-fire. If not, take out that posishun. Grenadier, once that stashun iz out of combat, either take out the next one (5) or help Squad 1 and take the one on the left (2). Riflers, once thje right post is down, take out the pillboxers. With any luck Squad 2 can take it mostly intact and finish this with the weapons inside."




Jakk is thinking Damn the corperal could use some basic lanugage lessons. instead he says Yes Sir Mr Corporal Sir...

Then he has an idea. Hey Corporal Sir...If Gath takes out the Imps in bunker 4, we should run up and use it for cover to fire on the Pillbox. What do you think Corporal?




[OOC: Jakk will Multifire with his T-21]

PsychoInfiltrator
9 November 2005, 03:40 PM
OOC: Unless responding to the post just above, do quote what you are responding please or at least who you are responding to, please. I had to go check who Jakk was, and if you hadn't put in Corporal, I never would have guessed that it might be Rayror, though the language lessons might have given me a small clue.

Rayror sisses.
"Once we take out that gun stashun, we are doing a frontal assault. ... OK, I'm doing a frontal aszault. You can come, or you can cover fire. Your choice. We only left one survivor at Hoth, and I wnat to make sure that the Impz know 'ScalySlayer' is alive and very much kicking."

OOC: Sorry for reputational liberties, but considering the casualties inflicted by Shorrarr and Rayror at the 'decimation' pre-campaign battle alone, I figure it would be reasonable for Rayror to be working up a reputation. ... Hmm...would that give a bonus to Intimidate?

Kamon
9 November 2005, 03:51 PM
...... Looks like we're on our own Sarge. Unless SGT. Oran attacks again............Do we still assault the pillbox as planned?

Hey Sarge...I know you're the one calling the shots but we need to go ahead with this otherwise them Imps are gonna send all those boyo's in the bog there to their untimely demises. If we could get to that vacated bunker we could use this side for cover from the other emplacements and the pillbox and start droppin the tin cans where they sit.
His mind racing, Daxter quickly thinks over the options. Dammit, Kay'Bain... He's screwing up the plan! We can go out there and try to bail his arse out, but that could cause more casualties... Argh, what to do! I'm not going to have another Hoth episode here...
The Sergeants eyes are full of worry and stress- His lip begins to bleed from the biting hes doing. Looking towards his squad, the squad leader glances over all the faces staring at him, waiting for his orders. The battle had barely begun, and one soldier had already been dropped- Daxter did not wish to see more do the same. Time was of the essence, and he needed to find the best course of action fast.

OOC: I'm going to make a Knowledge(Tactics) to try and find out what would be the smarter option- Attack the gun emplacements to try and ease the fire on squad 2, or to stay behind the entrechment and wait for more orders.
If needed, my roll is; 8(Roll)+ 4(Skill Modifier)= 12

Stormrider
9 November 2005, 04:23 PM
The Corporal offered a grim sigh as he stared out at the battle. He tried to assess the battle..tried to find the best course of action that he could suggest to the Sergeant. Maybe just maybe he would find something...


OOC. Knowledge ((Tactics)) result 19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=184899)

boccelounge
10 November 2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Stormrider
Ketran was oddly calm as he spoke to Staff Sergeant Nomak:

"Looks like we're on our own Sarge. Unless SGT. Oran attacks again... Do we still assault the pillbox as planned?"

Knowledge (Tactics) result 19

Originally posted by Kamon
Daxter quickly thinks over the options... Time was of the essence, and he needed to find the best course of action fast.

Knowledge (Tactics) result 12

As 1st Squad waits on the left flank, its leaders, Sgt. Nomak and Cpl. Volos, try to quickly size up the tactical situation.

They see that the heavy weapons of 3rd Squad and Shorrarr's team are making quick work of the exposed bunkers, and Cpl. Volos figures that Spades' and Tav's fire teams should at least be able to harass the right flank enemies...

But they both know that whatever's happening to Sgt. Kay'Bain's 2nd Squad, the only way to take out the pillbox is up close.

It looks like it's charge now, or call off the whole assault, retreat, and re-group...

There's no overt sign from Lt. "Flash" Samson; he continues to observe the attack through macrobinoculars, kneeling safely near the mortar crew.



OOC: Sorry, fellas. I should've responded to this yesterday. ;)

Stormrider
10 November 2005, 12:20 PM
Hmmmm..Sarge.....Shorrarr and his crew and 3rd squad are making short work of the bunkers......why not have .Tav and Spades and their teams harass the right flank and give us some support? It looks like it's either charge or call of the whole sithspawned assault. Ketran suggested as he finished his evaluation of the scene.

Kamon
10 November 2005, 03:52 PM
Hmmmm..Sarge.....Shorrarr and his crew and 3rd squad are making short work of the bunkers......why not have .Tav and Spades and their teams harass the right flank and give us some support? It looks like it's either charge or call of the whole sithspawned assault.

The sergeant smiled at Ketran. Good idea, Corporal. Daxter faces towards Tav and Spades and shouts, Hey, Tav, Spades! You guys fire into the right flank, give us some cover, right? Turning to the Day Stalkers, the nervous leader relays the plan. Looks like we're heading in. Tav and Spades are going to fire onto the right side, providing some cover so we aren't torn to shreads in the crossfire. We're heading straight to the bunker- Gotta take it out in close quarters, cuz we can't do a damn thing about it from here. I hope you're all ready, cuz it's party time!

The young and anxious Sergeant yanked himself above the trench and into the fire. Rifle in hand, the Tatooinian Rebel charged across the moist earth, rain pattering his head. Steadying it against his shoulder, Dax pulls down hard on the trigger, spraying the pillbox with blaster bolts.

OOC: For this turn, I'll run full charge towards the pillbox, attacking any enemies within it that I can see. If I can't see anyone in it, I'll fire upon emplacement 4.

Stormrider
10 November 2005, 04:09 PM
As Sergeant Nomak gave the order and lept out of the trench firing. Ketran was right by his side. His voice was a roar into the Comlink as he relayed Sgt. Nomaks orders.
......Tav.....Spades! Sgt. Nomak wants you and your teams to harrass the right flank with blasterfire. Keep the bastards pinned if you can.

The blaster carbine began to roar as Ketran held the down the trigger sending multiple blaster bolts at the pillbox.....if no enemies were in sight...emplacement four would recieve his fire.

max ordo
10 November 2005, 08:13 PM
Hearinf the Sgt and Corporal Dorn smiles to himself and thinks Ok you dirty Imp tin cans, Ole Double D is gonna send you to meet that durned Emperor of yours.

boccelounge
10 November 2005, 09:23 PM
3rd Squad

On the mortar, Ric Laman calls out the firing plot for Bunker 6:
RIC: Range 105; declination 14; angle 42-degrees; set 2m proximity... FIRE!
The Last Private quickly inputs the targeting data, Spec. Roobis loads a round, and the mortar fires. They direct a total of 4 shots at the foxhole, and 2 score hits. Following right behind the mortar rounds, Sgt. "Sep" Orr fires rapidly at the same bunker. His powerpack runs dry after one shot [CRITICAL FAILURE], but he reloads and squeezes off another, and wounds one of the remaining enemies in Bunker 6. [Total: 3 killed, 1 disabled; Bunker 6 eliminated]

Kell Haarshi fires on Bunker 4, clipping one the troopers as he tries to dive back into cover, following the previous [last turn] mortar attack [VP damage].

On the left, Corporal Rayror's team waits for Yuth Gath, the Zabrak Private, to launch another grenade launcher attack, then fires on his target: Bunker 4. Yuth drops in 4 grenade rouds; at least three hit in or near the foxhole. Without waiting for the smoke to clear, Rayror, Private Ghennan, and Jakk Kupurr on the light repeater attack the survivors. Switching to directed fire instead of wild suppression, they finish off the 4th bunker. [Total: 5 killed, by Kell, Yuth, Rayror, Ghennan, and Jakk]


Second Squad

As PFC Jag Karren drags the hefty Private Yeel northeast, toward the nearby bog, Sgt. Oran Kay'Bain sprays fire on Bunker 6, hoping to suppress them. Once the reach the bog, Jag joins his Sergeant in suppression fire. Neither scores a hit. They've taken partial cover behind a rotted tree stup, and are submerged to their waists in slimy black muck.

Cpl. "Spades" McGregor and PFC Kestrel lie in the sodden earth, partially covered by scrub and a small hillock. They open fire on Bunker 6. Spades quickly scores a hit, dead center on B.601 [CRITICAL HIT]. Without wasting a beat, he trains his rifle a centimeter left, and fires on a B.603, causing the enemy trooper to scurry for cover [VP HIT]. Two more shots miss, but a fifth shot catches B.603 in the shoulder, knocking him out of the fight [CRITICAL HIT]. Kestrel aims carefully, but misses on four shots. [Total: 1 killed, 1 disabled]
KESTREL: Frak. Sorry, Spades.
The other element of 2nd Squad, the unfortunately nicknmed "Disposables," crawls and crouch-runs through the light ground cover toward Bunker 5. Led by Lance Corporal Ruk'Bun, the trio of Disposables gets within 12m of the bunker, and lets loose with a grenade barrage.

All 3 grenades land inside the fortified foxhole. Pvt. Ram's stun grenade comes in first, followed by frag grenades from Pvt. Boosey and the Bothan Lance Corporal. Without hesitation, the Disposables pop up out of the brush, and finish off the bunker's defenders with short-range blaster rifle fire. In the end, the tally is 2 defenders killed, two disabled, and one is reeling-- stunned and wounded. Tav and the two Privates take cover in front of the bunker, and look to see what the rest of their squad is doing. [Total: 2 killed, 2 disabled, 1 wounded; Bunker 5 eliminated; TAV hit on 4 of 4 attack rolls]

As the Disposables dive for cover from the nearby pillbox, a call comes over their comlinks:


Originally posted by Stormrider
Ketran... roar[s] into the Comlink as he relayed Sgt. Nomaks orders.
"Tav.....Spades! Sgt. Nomak wants you and your teams to harrass the right flank with blasterfire. Keep the bastards pinned if you can."
Private Ram Bo laughs out loud, looking at the eliminated foes around him, and asks Tav:
RAM: Ha! "Harrass" them he says... think this counts, Corporal?!

[OOC: EZE: there was so much fire directed at Bunker 6, I took the liberty of redirecting your attack to Bunker 5. Tav would've had time to see that #6 was pretty well destoyed by the time he got into position. I'll change it if you object.]


First Squad

As their 5 squadmates* wait behind the road embankment, Sgt. Nomak and Cpl. Volos quickly size up the tactical situation. Deciding to make a move, Nomak leaps out of the drainage ditch and charges Bunker 3. Dashing across the rough, muddy field, he and his squad come to sliding stop on the outer side of the damaged bunker. Taking only a second to make sure everyone made it, Nomak raises up over the sandbags and fires on the pillbox. Cpl. Volos, PFC Dol, Private Vield, and the other two privates join him. They see the enemy heavy gunners through a short slit, and fire at least two volleys, but the thick duracrete of the structures shields the enemy defenders from damage. [1 round for (Tactics) and leaving trench, 1 running, 2 attacking bunker; most shots miss due to cover; range to bunker 20m]

PFC Wen Yug is the only one not to fire. Instead, he gets to Bunker 3, and keeps on running. Dashing and weaving wildly, he flies through the enemy fire toward the bunker, grenade in hand. Nomak, Ketran, Dol, and the others see him as they finish firing in vain at the pillbox.
YUG: CHAAARRGE!!! GAH!!!!

*Note: That's 7 total troopers in 1st Squad. They'd usually have 8 in the squad; PFC Juliaan is not present for the battle.


RAGAB

Ragab, the Mon Calamari Medical Corpsman, and Platoon Sergeant Grath race over the sodden ground toward Sgt. Kay'Bain's 2nd Squad. They loop around behind Spades' and Kestrel's sniper position, and come up to the bog-edge where Sgt. Oran Kay'Bain, PFC Jag Karren, and the motionless Private Slub Yeel lie, half-submerged in the stinking bog waters.
GRATH: Sergeant! Which one o' you's wounded?!
Noticing Slub, he turns to Ragab:
GRATH: Corpsman-- there! Must be that fat frakker. Go look after him!
The surly Sergeant turn to Oran and Jag:
GRATH: Good job, men! Now come on then, let's kill us a pill-box! Let's beat them first-squadders to it!!!
With a crazed look on his face and a long-arm blaster rifle in his hands, Sgt. Grath leaps out of the bog and charges toward the bunker...


ENEMY

Pillbox: The pillbox gunners-- you're now sure there are 3 heavy repeaters in there-- start off trying to return fire on 3rd Squad, whose heavy weapons have caused so much damage. Jakk, Orr, Rayror, Yuth, Ghennan, and The Last Private all take volleys from the three heavy guns; none of the shots connect with the 3rd Squad troopers..

But then Yug, from Nomak's 1st Squad makes his solo charge on the pillbox, and all three guns launch their final volleys at him. All three guns connect at least once, and Private Wen Yug falls hard to muddy ground. He lays there in the rain, motionless.

Bunker 1 and Bunker 2: The two remaining bunkers focus their fire on the main Delta Platoon fire base: Squad 3 and Shorrarr's team. Nearly every trooper there is fired on, but none are wounded [WP damage]. Only a few of you suffer "near misses" [VP damage]: Kell [13 VP damage], Erad, Jakk [5 VP damage], and Ghennan.

----------------------------------------

Tactical Map

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/boccelounge/chapter02_battle01_05_75.jpg

Legend:
1: Nomak, Ketran, Dorn, Erad, 2 privates
2.1: Grath, Oran, Jag, Ragab
2.2: Spades, Kestrel
2.3: Tav, Ram, Boosey
3.1: Orr, Kell, Ric, Roobis, The Last Private
3.2: Rayror, Jakk, Yuth, Ghennan, Shorrarr, Gonar
----------------------------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

Rulk
11 November 2005, 09:30 AM
Ric sees the massive amount of fire directed at the northeastern bunker and realizes that nothing could live through that hellstorm. Ric motions to Last Private to contine firing, stands up and then shoulders his Heavy Blaster Cannon and carefully lines up his sights on the enemy pillbox.

OOC: Ric wants to make as accurate a shot as possible, so he does what ever he can to do that. After his last shot, he dives for the ground.

PsychoInfiltrator
11 November 2005, 02:57 PM
will get to the if and when part and HeroSurge part of this of this post this round , though.


Rayror was leaping out of the trench almost before his gun stopped firing. Hoping the others follow, he runs the pillbox, dodging, weaving, and otherwise doing his best to dodge stuff. (He is [Running Defensively])

If and when he reaches the pillbox, he will drop down so they can't see him, move a meter or so off to the left, then come up firing. That is to say, he will expend the remainder of time suppression firing the innards of a pillbox.Just after his first Suppression, he will use Heroic Surge to get in extra shooting. During his hellfire assault, he will use Intimidate, and it will look alot like this:


Rayror sprays fire all through the pillbox hissing madly, ignoring the blood spattering onto him, snarling at his enemies even as he attempts to remove them from the world of the living. His fangs on display, and his berserk face shoved in everyone's faces, makes for a rather imposing sight. This isn't intimidation; with any luck at all it's permanent mental scarring. For however long the aptly nicknamed LUNCHes live, that is.

Uron Teff
12 November 2005, 10:31 AM
Watching the first blaster bolts flying past their position Shorrarr searches the Enemy lines for causulties made by his heavy repeater. Only a few hits... Damn! Not losing another thought on the casulties Shorrarr throws around the heavy repeating blaster to get rid of left line of the enemy bunkers.
Within the fury of the battle he pushes the trigger of the heavy weapon expecting a wave of deadly energy shooting through the air towards Enemy bunker 3... But only a slight noice is hearable and the energy of the blaster and therefore its deadly potential wents dry. Frak that! What is wrong with this thing?
Turning to his right Shorrarr looks at the suprized Private lying next to him. Seconds pass and nothing happens. It seems that even the blaster fire has stopped for this short period of time. With a burst of loadness and deadliness a thunderstorm of ionized energy rages towards the Rebel lines. Being kicked back to the cruel reality Shorrarr realizes that their situation got worse. The enemy knows where the heavy weapon is. Either we get it running again or we donít make it out of here alive. Period!
Movement to his right pulls his attention to the Private who tries to figure out if the heavy weaponís failture has something to do with the power generator. Knowing after years of exercise and practice that the power generator wasnít the cause for the weapon failture Shorrarr rolls slightly to the left and slipping down the bank of soil.

[Shorrarr] Rorursh arour, GONAR! Rour wrushro aouro wroaurochew. Roru rushouw arourou.
Leave it, GONAR! Itís not the generator. Itís a weapon malfunction.

Crouched at the foot of the bank he pulls down the heavy weapon. Within this movement the sound of blaster fire comes to his ear. Blaster fire from the right of his former position. Lying on the left side he now faces his Second gunner who just started to use his blaster as a weapon. A glimpse of a second Shorrarrís view gets blured and the Private in front of him changes to LAN. LAN as he was lying in the snow of Hoth firing his blaster rifle at the Imperial superiority. LAN as smiled at YUG. LAN...

After the first seconds of his multifire attack Private Renici realizes that he shot three times without any effect on the enemy bunkers. Slipping down the bank to get as much shelter as possible he checks the power pack just to be sure that heíll not run dry. Lying prone a bit crouched at the foot of the bunk he shifts turns to lie on the left side as his look runs over the huge Wookiee Specialist crouching and staring at him from his left. Out of reflex he opens his mouth.

[GONAR] What? Is everything alright?

With this words the blur of memories is lifting from Shorrarrís perception and his Second Gunner is looking at him. Suddenly striked by the weight of the reality his mind and his thoughts are working to end the missery of their situation.

Waving with his left paw he tries to signalize the Private to get near him. Knowing that Gonar wonít understand a single word of what heíll say he is just keeping the sentences as short as possible. Explaining the rest through gestures. I guess I should get my writing pad out.

[Shorrarr] Arouro rouor shrour! Aruosh orurro rwruo!
Get over here! You have to help me!

Not waiting he starts the vetting of the heavy repeating blaster to be sure that this weapon is unloaded if he starts to disassemble the blaster. With the automatics of years of practice this task is done within the twinkling of the eye. Locked and unloaded. Only hesitating a wink his mind spinnes foreward the problem. What is it? The Sealing of the Interphase Coupling? The Buffer for the Ion Transpiration? Or the Electrophoretic Ion Revolver?

While thinking his hands are movint over the heavy weapon disassembling the shoulder prop to get at the vital part of the heavy weapon. Removing the Interpartial Abscission his paw moves inside the blaster casing and fumbles for a small switch of the Electrophoretic Ion Revolver (EIR). Got it. Pressing down the switch a spring inside the weapon releases the EIR and the Ion Transpiration Buffer (ITB). I hope that one of the two things is the cause of the malfunction. If not... weíll sit here for a long time trying to figure out what the problem is. After handing over the Shoulder prop to GONAR his hand grabs the EIR and pulls it out of the casing. Looks alright. GONAR should check it.

Passing the EIR to GONAR his paw moves again inside casing. Feeling the heat of a weapon fired only seconds ago was one thing. But feeling the heat of a depolarized ITB was another. Well my second guess was right. The Ion Transpiration Buffer is depolarized. Guess we have to exchange the piece.

Extracing the ITB from the heavy repeating blaster the usually blue gel inside the transparisteel tube of the ITB has changed his color to a slight red. Handing the deporized ITB over to GONAR his hand goes into his shoulder bag grabing the BlastTech repair kit. A glimpse of a second the emptied ITB is handed over from GONAR. This kid knows more than I thought. Refilling the ITB with a blue instant buffer gel the heavy repeating blaster is almost ready to go.

[Shorrarr] Rrou aruo wrou, Private. Ruaowrwu aoruwwur woruaow wora sheworu aourchew.
Get up there, Private. And cover me while Iíll get this weapon back into the battle.

While GONAR crawls up the bank Shorrarr paws and fingers are moving rapidly to assemble at first the ITB, then the Electrophoretic Ion Revolver and the Interpartial Abscission. Finally fixing the weapon by screwing in the shoulder prop and the inserting the power coupling cable, conecting the heavy repeating blaster and the power generator. Iíve got no time to do the vetting again. Either I die trying to fire this weapon or the Imps die trying to fire at me.

With this thoughts he turns back to his prone position and crawls the last yard upward the bank. At the time he turns the intense sound of blasterfire from his right position begins to roar towards the imperial bunkers. Within a second later the heavy weapon his back in business standing on its tripod with a huge Wookiee at the trigger.

Shortly viewing the the battle field Shorrarr decides to take on the last bunkers on the left as he wanted before the malfunction occured. Now... I hope I fixed the problem.

Squeezing the trigger once four shots of rightly polarized gas hurl towards Enemy bunker 2 on the left side of the Pillbox.

-----------------------------------------
OOC: I decided that Shorrarr has a weapon malfunction and thatís why he couldnít manage to take part in the Turn 2 offensive. Also I have to tribute to the point that this malfunction couldnít be repaired in one turn, I assume that Shorrarr has only one action left this turn (meaning he uses his heavy repeating blaster on Multifire setting once).

Stormrider
12 November 2005, 10:45 AM
As Yug went down......A cold weight formed in Ketrans stomach..The carbine began to roar with a hellish fury as he pulled and held down the trigger. However..his shots were not meant to kill......They would pepper the pillbox front making it harder for the gunners to fire and aim..without getting hit.

.............If Yug dies........The Imps will pay ten times over........


((Supression fire on the pillbox))

Mack Jace
12 November 2005, 05:24 PM
After Ragab reaches Slub, he begins checking his vitals(OOC: Kno[Medicine] check to see if he's still alive). If he's not, Ragab picks him up and carries him back to the main squad area. If he is, then Ragab patches him up, and if he is still in fighting condition, and sends him back to battle. If he's not in fighting condition, then Ragab carries him back to the main squad area anyway. After he takes care of Slub, Ragab dashes towards Yug, and checks his vital signs(OOC: Kno[Medicine] check to see if he's still alive). If he is, then Ragab patches him up and either sends him back to battle, or takes him back to the main squad area. After that, he runs back to the pillbox to help with the fight.

coldskier0320
13 November 2005, 07:38 PM
Rayror was leaping out of the trench almost before his gun stopped firing. Hoping the others follow, he runs the pillbox, dodging, weaving, and otherwise doing his best to dodge stuff.

Seeing this, Orr goes ballistic.

"Crazy flamin' lizard! Unholy demons, what the frell is he doing?! Get the hell back here, dammit, follow your damn orders and stay with your unit, gawdammit!

Orr watches his Corporal abandon his troops in disbelief for a moment, before his old combat instincts kick in. Realizing the green troops with Rayror desperately need leadership, he decides to go to them. Turning around to Haarshi, he shouts,

"Keep your ass here, dammit, and don't run off on me like that damn fool! Have the mortar team pound that pillbox now! And make for DAMN sure nobody else leaves this position!"

Finishing this, he crouch-runs to the other group. Arriving, he gives them a once over, sees the fear in their faces and shakes his head. He needed leadership in his leadership positions, and this wasn't it.

Getting to the position, he sees the girl Ghennan move to follow Rayror. Smacking her none too gently in the helmet, he yells,

"Get down, dammit! Now listen! Nobody ELSE does that, or else I'll make the imps job easier and shoot you myself! Just everyone keep your heads down and aim carefully. Work on the bunker. Single shot, and aim carefully. In that pillbox, they're all tough targets. Aim for the muzzle flashes and keep shooting."

Following this, Orr becomes a good example, aiming carefully for one of the heavy repeater fire sources, and squeezing off single shots.

Night who says ni
13 November 2005, 08:07 PM
"Keep your ass here, dammit, and don't run off on me like that damn fool! Have the mortar team pound that pillbox now! And make for DAMN sure nobody else leaves this position!"

Right away .... Kell turns around to the mortar team, You heard the man blow its polka-dotted arse to Corucaunt...and if any of you even think of charging like ray ou will be sorry you left your mothers house, and you'll be lucky I got to you before Orr would because if he got to you, you'd be sorry to of left your mothers womb.

(O.O.C. Would intimidation work here?If so go on and use it for me Bocce.)

After his spech Kell looking over the team and smiles knowing his pretty save with these guys, but he quickely covers it up not wanting to give the allure away of the evil lance corpral. He quickely turns and continually fires well aimed shots at the closest bunker. If anyone tries to charge he will tackle him and will yell Sithspit why would you want to disobay direct orders like that I swear one more fiasco like that and Orr will find out for now just shoot the mortar

(O.O.C. Sinlge shots for the rest of his turns and i guess a grapple or something if someone tries to charge)

Korwin Blade
13 November 2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator

Rayror was leaping out of the trench almost before his gun stopped firing. Hoping the others follow, he runs the pillbox, dodging, weaving, and otherwise doing his best to dodge stuff. (He is [Running Defensively])

As the Corporal runs off like a crazed Lizard. Jakk starts to mull over what he should do, before acting rashly, Damn Lizardman!!! Shouldn't have ran off like that without at least leaving some orders. Oh well his ass not mine. Boy could I use a drink. But what to do?? Ah hell since he failed to follow orders I am staying. Better get the others to stay as well.

Jakk is about to tell the other 2 privates that we should all just hold up here tell we get word to follow the crazy Lizard, when Sarge Orr shows up and says.



"Keep your ass here, dammit, and don't run off on me like that damn fool! Have the mortar team pound that pillbox now! And make for DAMN sure nobody else leaves this position!"

Ok Sarge. While it is true I was thinking of getting closer for better accuracy I had already decided not to based on the fact that the Crazy Lizard never told us to follow him. And you do know that this here repeater only shoots in Mutli or Auto Fire Right, Sarge.

He then turns back to his cigar that has burned out, relights it and then pulls up his repeater and zeros in on the pillbox and starts to fire at the flashes he see coming from the pillbox.

He starts to mumble under his breath Too many corporals I am under seem to have a death wish.....$%@#&!#%#@.....

coldskier0320
13 November 2005, 09:30 PM
And you do know that this here repeater only shoots in Mutli or Auto Fire Right, Sarge.

"Yeah, go ahead, private, long as it doesn't involve headin' down the frakkin' embankment, I don't give a damn. Just get as much accuracy outta that thing as you can!", Orr says, obviously not really hearing Jakk, yet he still manages to answer the private's question...more or less...

djas_puhr
14 November 2005, 06:59 AM
KESTREL: Frak. Sorry, Spades.

Spades hears Kestrels comment and he pause in-between aiming and speaks cool and calmly.

Donít worry about it. Just take your time breath deep and calm down. Take your time remember your training back on the firing range. Same thing, only this time make your shots count.

Spades traverses left from the sixth bunker and starts to adjust his scope so he is zeroed in on the Pillow Bunker. Cursing his inability to get a clear shot due to the narrow slits in the bunker he puts great faith in his ability and looks for someone poking their heads out of cover. He finds what looks to be a shadowy figure inside the bunker and trains his aim on him. Gently he squeezes the trigger, sending 0.99kg of force down upon the trigger. A crimson bolt streaks out of his rifle heading towards his intended victim of an untimely demise. His eye still heavily trained upon his intended victim. He waits patiently as the seconds tick by slowly as the bolt streaks forth. Not sure if it hits and kills him he fires a second round again applying the gentle 0.99kg of necessary force to the trigger to send another crimson bolt to end the brief life of the unnamed trooper.

Pausing to give aid and correct Kestrel he takes his eyes off of the target and calmly talks to her. He begins to instruct her like they are at the range and doing this for score.

Alright, pick out a nice target that presents himself to you. Donít panic, just breathe in slowly and exhale slowly. Slow down your mind and concentrate on the task at hand. You found your target yet?

Spades pauses and wait for Kestrel to let him know when sheís got a target.

Good, now take a deep breath in and exhale it. Focus on your target, now feel your heart beat. Time it and find when it is relaxed and not beating. Once you find the pause in your heartbeat breath in once more but this time hold it. Gently pull the trigger when your heart pauses for a half second and watch it traverse the distance.

Spades watches Kestrel as she does all this and brings his head back to center with his rifle and takes a scans the inside the bunker attempting to count the number of troopers inside and an accurate description so he could call over the comlink for some one to use a satchel charge and demolish the Pillow Box.

DentArthurDent
14 November 2005, 08:36 AM
*Oran sees that Tav and the rest of his boys from 2nd Squad have made it up to the bunkers somewhat safely. This is no time for words, but rather a time for action. He turns to Jag and hurriedly motions for him to follow, but points to Jag and sweeps his hand behind him and to the right with three fingers, telling him to stay three meters behind Oran and to the right, hopefully out of most of the fire lanes. Oran then leaps out of the bog and takes off at a dead sprint, weaving and ducking as best he can, thankful for his rather short stature. When he reaches Bunker 6, he slides through the mud to spend as little time as possible fully upright, and comes to rest behind the wall. Resting his rifle barrel on the wall of the bunker, if he can, and keeping behind the best cover available, he begins firing methodically at any and all troopers he can make out through the bunker's slits.*


((ooc)) I know it isn't much, but I've only got about ten minutes before class starts, and I've got to work 5-11 tonight, so again, don't expect much more from me today :P

darth_wyld
14 November 2005, 01:05 PM
Jag watches the gestures of his sarge with high concentration, giving him a thumbs up and starting to run, three meters behind his sarge. He tries to stay out of fire and takes cover two meters from his sarge, putting his light repeater on it's bipod and sending controlled bursts towards the pillbox' slits. While blasting he shouts to his sarge:

"How 'bout some 'nades to keep 'em busy?"

***OOC: Multifire to the pillbox

EZE1138
14 November 2005, 03:10 PM
Tav looks over to see his Sarge making his way out of the bog and into the now empty 6th pit. They begin to fire on the pillbox, evidently attempting to get a lucky shot into its hidden interior.

______________________________
OOC: Spot: Can the slits in the side accomodate a grenade? If so, then do the following. If not, simply provide suppressing fire on the 'box.
______________________________
Tav thought to himself, What we really need is a new distrac-


Rayror was leaping out of the trench almost before his gun stopped firing. Hoping the others follow, he runs the pillbox, dodging, weaving, and otherwise doing his best to dodge stuff.

As if on cue, Tav's thoughts are interrupted when he sees the lizard man leap from behind his protection and charge like a rabid Sluthersnipe of Dentral VII towards the entrenched pillbox.

That'll do.

Tav turns to Ram and Boosey. Ram, give me your last Frag. (OOC: Ram threw his Stun and Boosy his frag, and I think Tav threw both). I am going to sneak up while the lizard man gets shot up. Hopefully his hide will be as thick as he thinks it is. If I can get close, I will dump this grenade into the 'box. If they see me, I am going to make a straight line back to this position. If this happens, you need to lay down some serious covering fire but not a shot until I am making my way back. Or I look dead and need help. Either one.


___________________________

OOC: Move fast and use whatever confusion and cover provided by fire from all sides (minus ours) and the running lizard guy. Get up close, dump the grenade in a slit and flatten against the side of the box. Run (as in Feat Run) like hell back to 5th position if this fails. Use Force Point(s) as necessary to stem the bleeding. Oh, use Lucky (1/day) if need to keep other leg attached.

Kamon
14 November 2005, 05:23 PM
PFC Wen Yug is the only one not to fire. Instead, he gets to Bunker 3, and keeps on running. Dashing and weaving wildly, he flies through the enemy fire toward the bunker, grenade in hand. Nomak, Ketran, Dol, and the others see him as they finish firing in vain at the pillbox.
YUG: CHAAARRGE!!! GAH!!!!
But then Yug, from Nomak's 1st Squad makes his solo charge on the pillbox, and all three guns launch their final volleys at him. All three guns connect at least once, and Private Wen Yug falls hard to muddy ground. He lays there in the rain, motionless.
Spinning on his heel, the energetic Tatooinian hears the squealch of the mud as the young Private hits the floor. Fear gripped Daxters chest, just as it did the moment he saw the body of Lan on Hoth... Blast, it can't be happening again!
Immediately turning to the Corporal, Daxter keeps on his toes about the situation. Taking a que from Yug, the Sergeant issues the orders. KETRAN! Get these guys to pull out some 'nades and launch 'em into the bunker. Wait for 'em to explode and then charge in and mop up any survivors. I gotta go check on Yug!
In a flurry of mud, the rain-soaked Rebel ran towards the motionless body. Flipping it over, Daxter wipes off the soldiers face, pressing his fingers to Yugs neck, checking for any vital signs.(OOC: I believe this would constitute a "Treat Injury" check)
Wake up, Yug, dammit. Wake up!

DentArthurDent
14 November 2005, 08:51 PM
((OOC)) If the pillbox slits can accomodate a 'nade, then I'll do this. If not, single-fire, same as before))


Originally posted by darth_wyld
"How 'bout some 'nades to keep 'em busy?"

*Oran nods once and puts down his rifle, being careful to keep it as dry and mud-free as was possible, then unholstered his pistol and a frag grenade.*

Oran: Cover me.

*With that, the small Balosar plunges headlong through the mud, intent on reaching the pillbox, with the same thoughts as Tav seemed to have at almost the exact instant, the pair dashing almost side by side toward the box, grenades at the ready. Getting to the side of the box, Oran crouches and presses himself flat against the wall, pulls the pin on the grenade, and lobs it through the window. Unlatching the other and pulling the pin, he lobs this one also. Once they've both exploded, he pops up and begins firing as quickly as possible into the pillbox with his pistol. If need be, he runs like the fires of Marmosot IV are behind him.*

Stormrider
15 November 2005, 05:16 AM
((Ignore my last post please))




Originally posted by Kamon


Immediately turning to the Corporal, Daxter keeps on his toes about the situation. Taking a que from Yug, the Sergeant issues the orders. KETRAN! Get these guys to pull out some 'nades and launch 'em into the bunker. Wait for 'em to explode and then charge in and mop up any survivors. I gotta go check on Yug!
In a flurry of mud, the rain-soaked Rebel ran towards the motionless body. Flipping it over, Daxter wipes off the soldiers face, pressing his fingers to Yugs neck, checking for any vital signs.(OOC: I believe this would constitute a "Treat Injury" check)
Wake up, Yug, dammit. Wake up!


Yes sir! Alright gents and lady.....you heard the Sarge! Give me some 'nades into that bunker! Make damn sure you don't miss........

Ketrans arm flashed sending a frag grenade lancing towards the pillbox...a second or two later another followed.....His concentration was complete. He had to succeed.......






OOC. Throw both my grenades and spend one force point to boost the accuracy of the first grenade.

PsychoInfiltrator
15 November 2005, 03:11 PM
Rayror ignores anything his allies do, his attack does not require others to join in. He concentrates only on dodging any and all incoming fire.

OOC: Ya know, any orders I don't remember, Rayror forgets too. (There ism in fact, a connection! :)) Also, I do recall one Orr detailign somebody to give Rayror orders, but I also recall quite distinctly Rayror not getting any.

PS: Also, the suppression fire noted in my last post also includes as targets weapons, equipment, power generators...basically everything in the pillbox.

max ordo
16 November 2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Stormrider
((Ignore my last post please))






Yes sir! Alright gents and lady.....you heard the Sarge! Give me some 'nades into that bunker! Make damn sure you don't miss........

Ketrans arm flashed sending a frag grenade lancing towards the pillbox...a second or two later another followed.....His concentration was complete. He had to succeed.......






OOC. Throw both my grenades and spend one force point to boost the accuracy of the first grenade.


Copy that boss man! as Dorn hears the orders and reaches for a frag grenade to lob at the pillbox.


OOC: Dorn will toss said grenade at the pillbox then take any shots that present themselves for the rest of the round. multifire please. :D

boccelounge
16 November 2005, 07:17 PM
Shorrarr and Gonar

Fixing the heavy repeater, Shorrarr and his gunnery assistant decide to take on Enemy Bunker 2 on the left side of the Pillbox. They fire two bursts, but the shots miss wide or are absorbed by the emplacement's thick protection.


3rd Squad: Ric, Roobis, and The Last Private

Ric Laman has a big gun-- the most powerful man-portable weapon in the Alliance inventory, as a matter of fact. He shoulders the LG-94 blaster cannon, and takes aim on the enemy pillbox. His first shot impacts the front of the structure, then Ric reloads and fires again. The second shot leaves a blackened crater, 4 or 5 cm deep, but the front of the pillbox holds. Roobis and The Last Private start to target the pillbox as well, but see several Delta Platoon troopers in the area, and switch to Bunker 1. They get off two mortar rounds, and ones strikes the bunker, causing minor damage to the 5 enemies within.


3rd Squad: Rayror

Rayror is leaping out of the trench almost before his gun stops firing. Ignoring the disastrous effect such a move had on PFC Yug, the Barabel runs right at the pillbox, dodging and weaving as he goes. When he reaches it, he drops down so the enemy gunners can't see him, moves a meter or so off to the left, then comes up firing.

The gunners are waiting for him.

Simultaneously, Rayror sprays wild an inaccurate fire into the small gun slits, as two of the heavy repeating blasters target him. He takes at least 5 shots at point-blank range, and falls back into the mud. [Total damage: 81 points]


3rd Squad: Orr, Kell, Jakk, Yuth, and Ghennan

Seeing this, Orr goes ballistic. He barks out a series of harsh orders to the 3d Squad troops, then slides over to Rayror's (former) fire team.

The gruff Sergeant, aided by LCpl Haarshi, succeeds at keeping the rest of the Squad under cover, where they can continue to fire on the enemy position. Despite Orr's careful aiming, his shots impact harmlessy on the pillbox's thick duracrete outer facing. Kell Haarshi has two shots miss in this way, but his third is perfect strike, wounding one of the gunners within [CRITICAL HIT].

Near Orr, PFC Kupurr leads Privates Gath and Ghennan in following their sergeant's example. Gath and Ghennan take shots on the pillbox to no effect, but Jakk Kuppur scores twice with his light repeater; another enemy gunner is wounded [2 "natural 20s," 1 CRITICAL HIT].


2nd Squad: Spades and Kestrel

"Spades" McGregor spots a shadowy figure inside the pillbox and trains his aim on him. Gently he squeezes the trigger, sending 0.99kg of force down upon the trigger... to no effect. Cursing his luck, the Corporal slaps in a fresh powerpack and tries again [CRITICAL FAILURE]. Three more shots lance out from his position, but none find their mark. Next to him, Kestrel does her best to to follow his advce... and is rewarded with a shot that finds its way into the pillbox, causing a gun crew to scatter as sparks rain down among them [natural 20, did not confirm CRITICAL].
KESTREL: Hey! Di'you see that, Spades?!
Using the brief illumination, Spades is able to determine that there are 3 heavy repeaters in the pillbox, each operated by a 3-trooper team. It's difficult to tell, but there may be others inside as well.


2nd Squad: Oran and Jag; Tav, Ram, and Boosey (The Disposables)

Confident that Yug is safely in the care of Ragab, the Platoon's medic, Sergeant Kay'Bain leaps into action. He issues a quick series of hand-signals to Jag, then takes off at a dead sprint for the newly-cleared Bunker 6. Resting his rifle barrel on the wall of the bunker, he unholsters his pistol and a frag grenade.

PFC Karren runs along behind his sergeant, and reaching the bunker, puts his light repeater on it's bipod. He sends several controlled bursts towards the pillbox' slits. Two shots barely miss; a third strikes down a gunner, just as he finishes firing on Corporal Drak'Tyne [CRITICAL HIT].

As Ram and Boosey lay down covering fire, the Bothan Tav makes a quick dash to the pillbox. Ducking to get below the emplacement's tall foundation, he lobs a frag grenade toward the narrow opening... and barely makes the throw. The anti-personnel weapon skitters through, exploding in the midst of one of the gun crews. All three of them are hit by the blast, but remain in the fight... for a few brief seconds.

Meanwhile, the small Balosar plunges headlong through the mud, intent on reaching the pillbox, with the same thoughts as Tav seemed to have at almost the exact instant, the pair dashing almost side by side toward the box, grenades at the ready. Getting to the side of the box, Oran crouches and presses himself flat against the wall, pulls the pin on the grenade, and lobs it through the window... this one also hits, finishing off the gunner crew.

Tav and Oran stand just a few meters apart; Tav is the first in the line of fire when a second heavy repeater crew returns fire on him, leaning its gun-mount out of the firing slit to reach him. Most of their fire is deflected by the considerable cover, but one of their burst strike the ground just in front of the Bothan, causing him to reel back [Tav takes 24 damage].


1st Squad: Nomak and Ragab

Working quickly, Ragab the Mon Calamarian medic pull Slub Yeel from the bog. He quickly ascertains that the Private is "killed." Wasting no time, Ragab then rushes over to Yug Wen-- ignoring the heavy blaster-fire from the very nearby pillbox. Unfortunately, Yug is also a "KIA."

From behind their makeshift cover, 1st Squad sees Yug's disatrous charge-- and another one coming from Rayror. After a qick word to Corpol Volos, Sergeant Nomak leaps out from the relative safety and sprints toward Yug-- and through the same fire he endured. the first heavy repeater crew switches from Rayror, and fires two bursts at Nomak. They strike all around him, then cease abruptly. Inside the pillbox, a gunner yells for a fresh generator [CRITICAL FAILURE].

Nomak reaches Yug just before Ragab, but soon finds there's is nothing either can do for the downed trooper.


1st Squad: Ketran, Dorn, Erad, and the privates

Taking command of 1st Squad, Corporal Volos orders a long-range grenade strike, and Dorn "Double-D" Dol is quick to oblige. Ketran and Dorn lob grenades at the pillbox, and the rest of the squad soon follows suit. Several things happen, almost simultaneously. Ketran's first throw seems off-line... but somehow, someway, makes it into the slit [hit by virtue of Force Point bonus]. A second later, Dorn sends a perfect throw right through the opening, and right into the heavy gun crew. The two grenades explode, wiping out the crew.

Erad and the other 2 privates try to emulate this, but with no success. Their throws miss the opening, and one even bounces back... right at Ragab and Nomak [CRITICAL FAILURE]. They are caught just outside the grenades blast radius, and avoid serious injury, but mud and shrapnel lands on and around them.


ENEMY

The remaining enemies in Bunkers 1 and 2-- most of them wounded, start a desperate counterfire, before they are completely wiped out... but halt when loud, shrill whistle emanates from behind the pillbox.

It is Phoenix Company's (your company) signal to cease fire.

From the muddy road, near 3rd Squad, Lieutenant "Flash" Samson stands and shouts very loudly:
FLASH: Cease fire! Cease fire! Exercise suspended! All troopers, cease fire!
Near the pillbox, Platoon Sergeant Grath does the same.

A man in Alliance fatigues, with a Major's rank badge, steps out from behind the pillbox, datapad in hand.

----------------------------------------

We are now out of combat turn posting.

----------------------------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

boccelounge
16 November 2005, 07:30 PM
Several of the "killed" enemy troopers stand up, pulling themselves up out of the mud. One of them, from Bunker 3, starts talking to Ketran Volos and Dorn Dol.
Private KATH: Well, damn! Look at this-- we just got wasted by the lowly Delta boys! What kinda crazy crap is this?? Alpha Platoon's the class of Phoenix Company; everybody knows that! What's this Galaxy coming to, I ask ya...
He shakes his head in mock, over-exagerated exasperation.

All around the field, khaki-colored Alliance uniforms emblazoned with The Big Blue One shoulder patch rise up, and start to make similar complaints. Many break out canteens, most try to find any marginally comfortable and dry seats they can find in and around the bunkers.


Major Gereint Deryon, commander of Phoenix Company, walks out from around the pillbox. He calls out loudly:
DERYON: Exercise terminated! Victory awarded to attacking Platoon! Platoon commanders: front and center!

DentArthurDent
16 November 2005, 08:32 PM
*Oran stands wearily and wipes the grime from his uniform as best he can, offering a hand to Tav to help him up. He then jogs quickly over to where Major Deryon is shouting.*

Oran: Sergeant Oran Kay'Bain, 2nd Squad Commander, SIR!

*Oran shouts while giving a sharp salute. He drops the salute and stands rigidly at attention until told to do otherwise.*


((ooc)) And if I misread or misinterpreted something, and he shouldn't even be there, which is quite possible since I just got off of work, then he does nothing except stand and wipe himself off. ((/ooc))

djas_puhr
17 November 2005, 05:32 AM
Spades starts to shake his head in disbelief at his lack of skill actually involved in the simulated firefight. I should have shot better then I did. Frak this, Iím getting an attachment for my rifle. Iím also going to talk with the El-Tee about getting us x2 scopes for all our troopersí rifles. This proves that we need those scopes.

Kestrel, good job on the last shot. Iím very impressed, now lets get off this mud and find out how our performance was rated. Once were done, Iím going to figure out why I lost all the charge in my powerpack and fix it! Also talk to supply about getting you a small x2 power scope, I'd beat you could raise your performance using it on the long range.

With that Edgar gets up off the ground and gives Kestrel a hand as well. He finishes lifting Kestrel off the ground and begins to wipe the mud off of his chest and pulls off the Gillie Suits hood and loosens the suit to let it breath. He walks with Kestrel talking to her.

See taking your time and slowing down everything around you makes for a good shot. Just take your time to line up the shot and youíll do fine. If you need more practice youíll find me at the long range at camp.

Edgar continues to walk towards the bunker he was previously attacking. He reaches inside his suit and finds his Camel Back water pack and pulls the hose to his mouth and clinches his teeth on the plastic bite piece and starts to drink the cool water from his three-liter pack. Every time Iím in a firefight I always seem to have the worst luck with these powerpacks, Iíve got to talk with supply and see if I canít get a new batch of powerpacks and make sure that they are good to go. Edgar sees Shorrarr and quickly yells over to him.

Shorrarr, how many you get this time? I only got two this time though I think only one of them would count as a kill.

Stormrider
17 November 2005, 05:32 AM
Ketran stared in disbelief.....as he saw the "Imps" begin to rise and were actually Alliance troopers.....

..

Well Dorn..looks like you'll be recieving the two bottles of Whyrens reserve....the rest of you earned a bottle. ....Hell this whole platoon earned a bottlle of my liquor

Well Fought! Ketran said cheerily to the Alpha's No hard feelings hey?

max ordo
17 November 2005, 11:08 AM
Hearing the signal to cease fire Dorn points his DLT at the ground and grins to himself then glances around at the downed Alpha's. Well boys how'd it feel to die at the hands of a superior squad. Always thought you Alpha's were a little too cocky he says with a chuckel and then turns to his squad mates Good shootin boys, showed the 'A' team could only bring their 'B' game today.


Originally posted by Stormrider
Ketran stared in disbelief.....as he saw the "Imps" begin to rise and were actually Alliance troopers.....

......Sithspit......You mean to tell me this was a frelling excercise all along? .... ..

Well Dorn..looks like you'll be recieving the two bottles of Whyrens reserve....the rest of you earned a bottle. ....Hell this whole platoon earned a bottlle of my liquor

Then looking at Ketran he nods Much appreciated Corporal, I'm more than willing to share with everybody else. The whole unit deserves it. The body count was a little high for a training ops though, some seem to need a few lessons on how to stick to the game plan. Plus I'm not a big drinker....dulls the senses, so boys when we get back drinks are on me. he says so the other Daywalkers can hear it. Then as an after thought he looks towards the men in the pillbox Might wanna learn to duck next time boyo's, the boom boom hurts a bit don't it? which he chuckles at his witty humor and awaits orders from this point out.

EZE1138
17 November 2005, 11:41 AM
*Oran stands wearily and wipes the grime from his uniform as best he can, offering a hand to Tav to help him up. He then jogs quickly over to where Major Deryon is shouting.*

As Tav is pulled up, he also begins to swipe off the worst part of the mud on him, as if it would help. Thanks, boss! Give Sgt. Ris in Alpha hell for this, the arrogant bastard. Chucknor just couldn't keep his mouth shut about how they were gonna win this.

As his sergeant leaves to report in to the Major, Tav heads back to the pit where Ram Bo and Boosey sit, mud up to their eyes.

That, little Cubs, is how you do it. Follow me. The only place out of the rain within miles of here is sitting right there. Let's kick those losers out of there and catch some shuteye.

Tav leads his two cubs to the pillbox, boosting out any remaining Alpha's that want to stay behind, muttering "losers walk" as he does so.
When in there, he sits in any relatively dry area that he can find and kicks his head back and begins snoring.

Rulk
17 November 2005, 12:02 PM
Ric picked himself up out of the muddy hole that he managed to get himself tossed into and looked around. those Alpha boys sure put up a fight. he thought. body counts a little high, though Ric checked the charge on his Heavy blaster cannon, flicked on the safety, and shouldered the weapon. biggest weapon we got, right? can't crack a pillbox open though...may have to work on that...
Hey last private! Great work with the mortar, you sure can lay a barrage down!
Ric then walked over to the pillbox and sat on the edge, cracked a cold drink, and took a long sip.

darth_wyld
17 November 2005, 12:26 PM
Jag pulled himself up the wall of the bunker and sat down on the relativly dry sandbags. Propping his light repeater against his leg he looked down his soaked fatigues.

Well, boarding ships was cleaner

He dug through his pockets, taking out a package containing slim cigarras. He opend the package and looked at the soggy mush inside. With a sigh he rammed it back into his pocket.

"Note to self: Get dry container for smokes!"

He began to check his weapons and to remove the biggest chunks of mud from his clothes while watching the Alphas digging themselves out of their bunkers. Seeing Slub appearing from the bog he gave him a wave... he looked even wetter then he felt...

Stormrider
17 November 2005, 12:56 PM
Ketran made his rounds. Every Delta Platoon trooper would recieve a bottle of Whyrens reserve. Except Shorrarr....who recieved a flask of the potent Wookiee liquor Grackyn.. To each soldier he offered a roguish grin.
We did a damn fine job....drink up! He would warily approach the Sergeants and the LT. ..


Need a drink sirs? I've got some Whyrens reserve I got in a trade with the cooks.

boccelounge
17 November 2005, 04:43 PM
Rayror looks up from the ground, and sees Sergeant Grath-- Delta Platoon's new top sergeant-- with his boot on Rayror's chest.

He looks quite displeased.
GRATH: GET UP!! Get your scaly mother-loving hide UP!

Let's get one thing straight, and pronto! If you ever abandon your fire team and your fire assignment again, you better HOPE the enemy shoots you down, before I get to you!

DO I MAKE MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR CORPORAL?!!!

PsychoInfiltrator
17 November 2005, 04:59 PM
Rayror gets up, totally ignoring the fact that there is a boot on his chest.

(If Bocce doesn't mind): Grath was somewhat strtled by the Barabel using his hind legs alone to get up, and, he nearly fell flat on his rear.

Rayror ignored that, however, spiting out a small stream of mud. The lack of focused-ness of the stream, however, causes about a quarter of it ot land on Grath's right shoulder.

The Barabel has encountered peopel shouting at him before, and he knows exactly what normal Barab 1 protocol calls for.

"KSSSTH!! NEXT TIME GIVE ME A BLOODY FIRING ASSIGNMENT, AND I'LL BLOODY WELL DO IT!

Sergeant Orr told me to do a grenade bombardment, AND I DID! He told me to support Second Squad AND I DID! I told my troops to follow me and THEY DIDN'T.

[perfectly level, polite voice, no sarcasm whatsoever]If you want me to follow orders, you have to give them to me first.[/voice]

"I have made myself perfectly, I'm sure."

Rayror turns away, muttering "Veni, Vidi, they shot me."

OOC: Next time I'm making a bluff check.

Kamon
17 November 2005, 05:21 PM
Hearing the whistle, Daxter yanks Yug up with a hearty tug. Smiling, the Sergeant jokes, Just be glad this wasn't real, eh? Chuckling, he walks through the mud and soaked foilage towards the other troopers. Glancing downwards towards his boots, Dax sees that they're caked in mud. Beats the cold of Hoth... By hell, it does...


Need a drink sirs? I've got some Whyrens reserve I got in a trade with the cooks.
With a mighty grin, the wet sergeant takes up the bottle of reserve happily, snapping off the cap and taking deep chugs. Many thanks, Ketran. This training has got me thoroughly parched. Storing the remaining drink into a small canteen, Daxter walks back towards the spot where the repeater fired upon him. By shear luck, the bolts landed in a large arc around where he had been standing. If only I had this luck back on Hoth... His thoughts trail off as his large hand passes over the scar he recieved on that hell of ice. The large brown eyes twitch as a jolt of pain coarses throughout Daxters lean body. It still hadn't fully healed- parts of it were still singed, and sometimes it would bleed when he would accidently hit it with something.

Taking a seat on a log, the burly Tatooinian takes time to reflect on todays work. The reserve was making him slightly sleepy- laying down along the makeshift seat, he quickly falls into a half-sleep, dreaming of his days past on Tatooine...

Night who says ni
17 November 2005, 05:26 PM
Man these things are getting more realistic everyday,


Ketran made his rounds. Every Delta Platoon trooper would recieve a bottle of Whyrens reserve. Except Shorrarr....who recieved a flask of the potent Wookiee liquor Grackyn.. To each soldier he offered a roguish grin.

Kell takes the bottle offered to him and flashes a smile Thanks, where would we be without you Ketran? Kell then moves over beside Ric who he hasnt meet very well yet Nice shooting out there today thay bfg was a big help. So why are you here... in the rebellion i mean we all have our reasons whats yours? During this conversation Kell is sipping his drink and ready to take orders if needed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O.O.C.


Ray and officer exchange c above

I wish I had some popcorn ... oh wait i do.

boccelounge
17 November 2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
Rayror gets up, totally ignoring the fact that there is a boot on his chest... [and] spiting out a small stream of mud, [which] land[s] on Grath's right shoulder...

"I have made myself perfectly, I'm sure."

Rayror turns away, muttering "Veni, Vidi, they shot me."
Sergeant First Class Sinjin Grath is, in all honesty, a rather slight man. Standing just a couple centimeters over 1.7 m* and weighing maybe 72 kg*, he is a short, compactly-built figure. His face is hard and angular, with a grim mouth, thin broken nose, and hard piercing eyes. His cheekbones and eyesockets protrude from his tight leathery skin. Below his blast helmet is a short, hard military crew-cut that's always razor-precise.

But at the moment, what those nearby notice is his circulatory system. Specifically, the shockingly large vein on the Sergeant's beet-red forehead. It seems impossible that it isn't bursting open right now...

He addresses Rayror:
GRATH: HALT, TROOPER!!! The next two words I wanna hear coming out o'your mouth are "yes" and "sir!"
Grath turns to address the rest of the platoon. He has an extraordinarily loud voice.
GRATH: PLATOON! Gather round and list up! ON THE DOUBLE TIME!!

As part of your ongoing advanced infantry deployment and tactical exercises, we will now review BASIC UNARMED COMBAT TECHNIQUE!!

Corporal Dark'Tyne has volunteered to assist me in this DEMONSTRATION!
He turns to face Rayror again. His flesh tone has, remarkably, shifted from red to a ruddy deep scarlet, oddly reminiscent of the second Tatooinian sun, at dusk.
GRATH: Isn't that RIGHT, Corporal?!!
As most of Delta Platoon (and most of Alpha, in fact) gathers around the two, Grath shifts into a sparring stance.

--------------------

OOC: Rayor, Grath, and anyone who would like to "intervene" (not that I recommend this) will post an initiative check. We'll handle combat one standard round at a time. Anyone NOT in initiative can feel free to post ordinary RP dialogue.


* 1.72 m/72 kg is about 5' 8/160 lbs, my fellow Americans. ;)

coldskier0320
17 November 2005, 08:21 PM
Orr, having seen the situation unfold, and being more than happy to let a superior handle what he viewed as an unpleasant task, was one of the first to arrive at the Sargeant's order. As the group congregates, Orr finds himself a seat on nearby sandbags, next to Pvt. Karren. Noting the young private's smoke situation, he silently offers the kid one of his own, complete with handy light, all the while eeping his eyes fixed on what was about to unfold. If Jag bothers to look, he'll see that Orr has his cigarettes stored in an odd looking metal box-type thing, with a sealing mechanism and some sort of mechanism that kept a single cigarette always held apart handily. Mysterious that, while the thing looks decidedly military, it also seems made for cigarettes...

As an afterthought, he rested his rifle across his knees, just in case things got out of hand...

EZE1138
17 November 2005, 08:32 PM
As part of your ongoing advanced infantry deployment and tactical exercises, we will now review BASIC UNARMED COMBAT TECHNIQUE!! Corporal Dark'Tyne has volunteered to assist me in this DEMONSTRATION!

Tav, only lightly sleeping, shot up with a start at the sound of this. He shuffled out of the pillbox and made his way to the rapidly growing circle of soldiers.

I say 15 on the little guy, he says to anyone near by.

max ordo
17 November 2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by boccelounge

Sergeant First Class Sinjin Grath is, in all honesty, a rather slight man. Standing just a couple centimeters over 1.7 m* and weighing maybe 72 kg*, he is a short, compactly-built figure. His face is hard and angular, with a grim mouth, thin broken nose, and hard piercing eyes. His cheekbones and eyesockets protrude from his tight leathery skin. Below his blast helmet is a short, hard military crew-cut that's always razor-precise.

But at the moment, what those nearby notice is his circulatory system. Specifically, the shockingly large vein on the Sergeant's beet-red forehead. It seems impossible that it isn't bursting open right now...

He addresses Rayror:
GRATH: HALT, TROOPER!!! The next two words I wanna hear coming out o'your mouth are "yes" and "sir!"
Grath turns to address the rest of the platoon. He has an extraordinarily loud voice.
GRATH: PLATOON! Gather round and list up! ON THE DOUBLE TIME!!

As part of your ongoing advanced infantry deployment and tactical exercises, we will now review BASIC UNARMED COMBAT TECHNIQUE!!

Corporal Dark'Tyne has volunteered to assist me in this DEMONSTRATION!
He turns to face Rayror again. His flesh tone has, remarkably, shifted from red to a ruddy deep scarlet, oddly reminiscent of the second Tatooinian sun, at dusk.
GRATH: Isn't that RIGHT, Corporal?!!
As most of Delta Platoon (and most of Alpha, in fact) gathers around the two, Grath shifts into a sparring stance.

--------------------

OOC: Rayor, Grath, and anyone who would like to "intervene" (not that I recommend this) will post an initiative check. We'll handle combat one standard round at a time. Anyone NOT in initiative can feel free to post ordinary RP dialogue.


* 1.72 m/72 kg is about 5' 8/160 lbs, my fellow Americans. ;)




Hearing the Sgt. calling everyone in on him Dorn looked over and quickly took in the situation. Looks like 'Scales' is gonna get a talkin to for his maniac charge. Glancing at the other privates in 1st squad Dorn asks OK I got 2 to 1 on the Sgt. Any takers? which he says with a hint of laughter in his voice.

Kamon
17 November 2005, 08:57 PM
As part of your ongoing advanced infantry deployment and tactical exercises, we will now review BASIC UNARMED COMBAT TECHNIQUE!!
Jolting upright from the log, Daxters ears perk up(Which hurt a bit, since human ears weren't meant to really perk) at the sound of "unarmed combat".
Leaping from the piece of wood, he dashes over towards the growing crowd and pushes his way to the front. The Staff Sergeants eyes twinkle brightly at the Sergeants fighting stance. Daxters blood rushes wildly as he thinks about the thrill and joy of this old art of barbaric combat. The clashing of fists upon chests, knees to the stomach, elbows to the face... This is what Daxter enjoyed- Not the blaster fire from 50m's away that he was now used to, but the sheer thrill of charging straight towards the enemy and snapping their necks, or driving a vibroblade through the ribs of whatever poor creature that happened to piss Dax off.
Excitement filling his body like that of a youngling when they see a starfighter take off into the sky, Daxter can't help but shout out:

LET'S GET ON WITH IT, SHALL WE?

djas_puhr
17 November 2005, 09:20 PM
Spades meets up with Sharrorr and go over the recent engagement, simulated or not both of them can be heard chuckling and ribbing each other as they both start to list the shots that they took and made. Edgar shoulders his rifle and slings it around his back putting it in the ready position.

Edgar walks towards Deltaís platoon officer Lieutenant Flash. With the recent battle still fresh in his mind and the Battle of Hoth haunting him he prepares his speech.

El-Tee a moment of your time sir.

Spades waits patiently for the El-Tee to respond positively.

OOC: If you will allow me Bocce.

El-Tee Iíve been doing some thinking sir. After the Battle of Hoth and this simulated engagement Iíve noticed a few things. Most of the combat that we are involved in is about 75m on the low to about 300m on the high side of things. I know that Iím in charge of the distance shots but the combat taking place between 75m and 150m is what is hurting us. Iíve looked over the scores from our last proficiency shoot on the long range and most of our guys barely scored passing at 150 meters. I think that if you were to put in a requisition order for about thirty x2-powered scopes you would see an improvement across the board. Iíve ran the numbers already and it would cost the HQ 6000 credits for all thirty x2-powered scopes. Each trooper would be issued the scope and it would only add 0.4kg to the total load of the person. So what do you think about it sir?

Spades waits patiently for the respond after his pitch for better equipment for the platoon when he hears the Sergeant First Class yell for the entire platoon


GRATH: PLATOON! Gather round and list up! ON THE DOUBLE TIME!!

As part of your ongoing advanced infantry deployment and tactical exercises, we will now review BASIC UNARMED COMBAT TECHNIQUE!!

Corporal Dark'Tyne has volunteered to assist me in this DEMONSTRATION!

Spades turns and sees what is about to happen and turns back to the El-Tee and nods and heads off towards the gathering masses.

Ardent
17 November 2005, 09:33 PM
A muddy, disheveled human male briefly nods to his Shistavanen companion, ending what was probably an interesting conversation, and slides in behind Delta Platoon to watch the veteran sergeant's upcoming unarmed combat 'demonstration.' The Shistavanen remains a bit outside the circle, however, stoically accepting the two duffels the human had proferred to him.

He nods to anyone who happens to glance his way, a wry grin meeting any uncertain gaze, but remains quiet in anticipation of the upcoming confrontation. Any questions directed at him are met with only with a sugar-and-sustenance stick produced from somewhere within his muddy uniform, his attention almost wholly on the scene unfolding before the platoon.

At first, second and even third glance there's nothing really outstanding about this individual, except maybe the worn and well cared-for E-11 blaster rifle on his shoulder and his high gloss polished boots, which are slowly but surely shedding the thick mud caking they received on the way here of their own volition. He bears a few days' growth of stubble, like most Rebel troopers assigned to forward positions, and is only somewhat taller than Sergeant Grath. His brown hair is slick against his scalp, save for a few stubborn nerf-licks, and he is almost distinctly non-threatening in demeanor. His uniform bears no adornment that would reveal his rank, his unit, or even his homeworld, aside from the fact that it is, indeed, a Rebel trooper's uniform and it is as muddy as almost everyone else's.

Korwin Blade
17 November 2005, 11:07 PM
Jakk gets up out of the mud and puts down his T-21 making sure not to get mud on it.

Damn it. Figures it is only a simulation.

Jakk then looks around for his Cigar and finds it on the ground in the mud. Damn it.

Jakk pulls out another one and lights it up and takes a long drag on it. Now thats better, now all I need is a good Whiskey.

He pulls his helmet off and replaces it with his cowboy hat. He then flicks the mud off of his Poncho. Takes another drag on his Cigar, and ponders the twist his life has taken. Absently pulls out his Outlaw 7 and checks the chambers, then spins it around and back in the holster at his waist.




GRATH: PLATOON! Gather round and list up! ON THE DOUBLE TIME!!



Jakk hearing the call of the new Sarge Grath, he stows his helmet and shoulders his pack and then picks up his T-21. And moves over to get a good spot near Sarge Orr.

darth_wyld
17 November 2005, 11:07 PM
Noting the young private's smoke situation, he silently offers the kid one of his own, complete with handy light, all the while eeping his eyes fixed on what was about to unfold. If Jag bothers to look, he'll see that Orr has his cigarettes stored in an odd looking metal box-type thing, with a sealing mechanism and some sort of mechanism that kept a single cigarette always held apart handily. Mysterious that, while the thing looks decidedly military, it also seems made for cigarettes...


Jag sees the metal box and whispers "Oooooh....Thank's Sarge!" He picks a cigarette from the box with a nod. But he delays all questions about the box until after the "demonstration". Sitting here, something to smoke, something to drink and even entertainment... if only his clothes were dry...

Stormrider
18 November 2005, 05:25 AM
He glanced to Dorn is amusement. 10 creds on Sergeant Grath.

Ketran settled next to the Kel-Dor to watch the fight insue....This should be good..........A little entertainment at least.

TheGunslinger
18 November 2005, 06:53 AM
The light rain didn't bother the Shistavanen, nor did the five kilometer trek out from base camp to the site of the exercise.

The wolfman watched as the exercise ended and the men of Alpha and Delta platoons began to intermingle, bragging, laughing, and discussing about their recent 'engagement'. The Shistavanen viewed it all with more then a little trepidation in his eyes, forcing himself to walk towards the crowd. Somewhere in there was Lieutenant Samson and he had to find his new CO.

He spent several moments in futile search, eyes never lingering on any one person for too long. It was difficult trying to find a person that you had never seen before in the ever shifting crowd.


GRATH: As part of your ongoing advanced infantry deployment and tactical exercises, we will now review BASIC UNARMED COMBAT TECHNIQUE!!

The Shistavanen snorted derisively under his breath and watched as the troops began to form a circle around the unfolding spectacle. It was nothing he hadn't already seen in his time with mercenaries, and he didn't know those involved. There was always one hot shot or hot head that got himself in trouble.

Finally, the wolfman gave up trying to find the Lieutenant on his own and turned to the nearest group of Delta soldiers, speaking in a gruff voice.

"Where's the Lieutenant?"

Stormrider
18 November 2005, 07:04 AM
Ketran looked up to find a Shistavanen looming over him. He pointed to FLASH......Thats the LT......I suppose your one of our "new" recruits? He offered a roguish grin to the wolf-man. Ketran Volos at your service.....

DentArthurDent
18 November 2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by boccelounge
GRATH: PLATOON! Gather round and list up! ON THE DOUBLE TIME!!

As part of your ongoing advanced infantry deployment and tactical exercises, we will now review BASIC UNARMED COMBAT TECHNIQUE!!

Corporal Dark'Tyne has volunteered to assist me in this DEMONSTRATION!

*Oran was still standing patiently at attention when he heard the shouting off to his left.*


DERYON: Ah, Kay'Bain. Nice work on that assault. Good use of manpower, splitting into three teams like that. That Lance Corporal of yours-- what'd they say his name was... "Bothington?"-- he made a particularly nice approach on that fifth bunker. Textbook assault, all around. My commendation to you.

*Oran stands even more rigidly at attention at the compliments, and grins a bit at the "Bothington" reference. He's never going to live that one down...*

Oran: Thank you, Major. By your leave, Major.

*Oran waits for his dismissal.*


DERYON: Dismissed, trooper. Go extend my congratulations to your men.

Oran: Thank you, sir.

*He salutes the Major sharply once more and jogs off to find Tav and relay the message.*

boccelounge
18 November 2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by DentArthurDent
Oran... jogs quickly over to where Major Deryon is...

Oran: Sergeant Oran Kay'Bain, 2nd Squad Commander, SIR!

Oran shouts while giving a sharp salute. He drops the salute and stands rigidly at attention until told to do otherwise.
Phoenix Company's commander, Major Gereint Deryon, is a veteran Alliance officer. A The Big Blue One man through and through, he's been with the Regiment since before it became part of SpecFor-- since the days when it was still part of the Corellian Sector Force.

He's a human in his late 40's, with graying hair and a thickening body. A trim gray-black beard frames his round face. Deryon returns Sgt. Kay'Bain's salute.
DERYON: Ah, Kay'Bain. Nice work on that assault. Good use of manpower, splitting into three teams like that. That Lance Corporal of yours-- what'd they say his name was... "Bothington?"-- he made a particularly nice approach on that fifth bunker. Textbook assault, all around. My commendation to you.


Originally posted by DentArthurDent
Oran was still standing patiently at attention when he heard the shouting off to his left. He salutes the Major sharply once more.

Oran: By your leave, Major.
DERYON: Dismissed, trooper. Go extend my congratulations to your men.


Originally posted by djas_puhr
Edgar walks towards Deltaís platoon officer Lieutenant Flash... "El-Tee a moment of your time sir."
Spades catches Flash as the lieutenant is walking over toward Major Deryon.
FLASH: Hmm? Ah, yes, uh, Corporal Spa-- I mean, McGregor. What's, uh, on your mind?


Originally posted by djas_puhr
"El-Tee Iíve been doing some thinking sir... think that if you were to put in a requisition order for about thirty x2-powered scopes you would see an improvement across the board... So what do you think about it sir?"
Flash considers this for a moment.
FLASH: Yes, uh, that makes good sense. The, uh problem won't be weight or cost... it'll be prying 30 scopes out of Alliance supply. With the, uh, recent "relocation" of High Command, logistics has been even tighter-fisted than normal...
He sees two troopers approaching from the direction of the The Big Blue One base camp.
FLASH: Ah, and there might be the, uh, answer to our little supply problem. One of the new replacements is, uh, supposed to be quite the procurement wiz. Should be the human, coming in with the, uh, Shivastenan, if I, uh, remember the personnel files correctly... go talk to him; see what he, uh thinks is is do-able.
Flash approaches Major Deryon, as does Lieutenant Greer, commander of Alpha Platoon. They begin to talk amongst themselves, paying little attention to Sergeant Grath and his "demonstration."

Rulk
18 November 2005, 12:31 PM
Ric looked up from enjoying his long swig of his drink, and eyes the inevitable conflict with a distracted eye. Combat involving two or more beings crashing into each other just wasn't as interesting as a firefight. Ric looked for Sarge Orr, wanting to ask his squad commander a few things about the engagement.

djas_puhr
18 November 2005, 12:48 PM
FLASH: Yes, uh, that makes good sense. The, uh problem won't be weight or cost... it'll be prying 30 scopes out of Alliance supply. With the, uh, recent "relocation" of High Command, logistics has been even tighter-fisted than normal...

Ah, and there might be the, uh, answer to our little supply problem. One of the new replacements is, uh, supposed to be quite the procurement wiz. Should be the human, coming in with the, uh, Shivastenan, if I, uh, remember the personnel files correctly... go talk to him; see what he, uh thinks is do-able.

Edgar looks over towards the approaching pair and eyes over the human. Not much to note about the human but some thing in his step says prior military service to Spades. With that Spades turns back and speaks quickly to the El-Tee.

Thanks for your input sir. Iíll take care of it.

Spades brings up his right hand in a single swift motion and stops mere millimeters from hitting his right eye as he renders a crisp salute. He waits for the El-Tee to return the salute and continues on his way smartly. Memories of Hoth flood his mind and a shiver runs up and down his spine and pain starts to form in his hands. He walks away and brings up his hood and begins to rub his hands to keep them warm from the constant rain. Next Iím getting a pair of hunting gloves. Iím not going to let my fingers freeze again. He continues to rub his hands as he quickly approaches the pair.

Excuse me, I was told that you were very adept and getting supplies that are hard to get by our Platoons Lieutenant. He mentioned that I should ask you about placing a supply requisition order to expedite things.

Spades waits patiently continually breathing on his hands and rubbing them so they donít go numb.

TheGunslinger
18 November 2005, 01:21 PM
EDGAR: Excuse me, I was told that you were very adept and getting supplies that are hard..

The wolfman had seen the man approach out of the corner of his eye, thinking perhaps he had overheard the question posed to those around. When it turned out that wasn't the case, however, he simply went back to searching for the Lieutenant, or someone that could point the guy out.


KETRAN: Thats the LT...I suppose your one of our "new" recruits? Ketran Volos at your service..

The Shistavanen just turned and began walking away as soon as Ketran had pointed him out. He didn't even seem to register the greeting after as he was already several feet away.

As the wolfman approached the Lieutenant, he saw the meeting between the Major and two platoon Lieutenants. With arms crossed over his chest, he waited patiently for the Lieutenant to finish his meeting.

Ardent
18 November 2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Excuse me, I was told that you were very adept and getting supplies that are hard to get by our Platoons Lieutenant. He mentioned that I should ask you about placing a supply requisition order to expedite things. [/b]
Rand grins at the tired-looking human and produces another of his seemingly endless supply of sugar-and-sustenence bars and offers it to the man.

Troops call me 'Whiskey' and I find nothing at all objectionable about the liquor or the name.

With that, he pulls a flask out from within his uniform and takes a swig, offering it to the Corporal.

But to answer your implied question, Corporal, I am... he pauses briefly as if considering something but continues confidently, I am a procurement specialist. I brought some of the gear Major Deryon mentioned the platoon needed with me, but I doubt the Major's list was exhaustive or included any of the...less condoned items you boys desire. Let me know what you need, Corporal, and I'll start asking around.

Tarn falls silent, whether he's waiting for Spades to fill the silence or done with the conversation for the moment is difficult to tell, as his face his more or less inscrutable beyond the amicable grin plastered to it.

(OOC) I'm leaving it up to Bocce's discretion as to exactly what Major Deryon asked Whiskey to bring...and what he was actually able to get his hands on. An empty-handed procurement specialist is, however, one of questionable credentials.

Night who says ni
18 November 2005, 06:09 PM
As Kell sees Ric walk away without a response he asumes that he didnt here him ah well i'll get em another time he thinks to himself as he walks to a nice peaceful clearing still sipping his drink. He positions himself comfortably on a rock and closes his eyes, A nap would be nice right now... Kell using a technique he picked up when he was younger almost instantly fell asleep into the black nothingness of dreamland...

Kell finds himself in a room with containers everywhere filled with foodstuff, he gets up quietly and looks around he sees no imperials and begins to explore this vast palace he's in.
The walls are white and extremely clean much like the armor of a stormtrooper, and Kell finds himself dressed not as a Rebel soldier with armor on but as a prince clad in silk, instead of a gun he held a staff and instead of a vibroknife hidden in his sleeve he found jewels and royal symbols from all over the galaxy.
As he walked down the labernth of hallways he finally came to a library filled to the brim with books from A to Z, cover everything from proper Barble cooking techniques to Wookie war calls, as he explored this library he came to a wall with a huge window, outside was choas and ruin trees fallen on the ground scorched grass and worst of all thousands of people moaning and crying, with soot on their faces and boils on their arms. These people were not only human but were members of every race imaginable all suffering, weakly crawling and scrapping their boils with anything they could get ahold of.
Suddenly a man clad in black armor appered behind Kell, a caricature of Darth Vade. He became inceasingly large and soon was as tall as the bookshelfs he then cast out Kell of this palace into the suffering outside, Kell tore his clothing in anger and sadness which taters quickly turned to rags he grew boils himself and begain to look for shards of whatever he could find to scrap them off as the others did.
As he did this a star destroyer appeared over head, its triangle shape etchied into Kell's mind, and begain to "test" new weapondry on the strange place he was at, people all around him was dieing, just dropping over in a quick painful death, but there were some who were escaping a Lambda Class shtuttle awaited close to where he was at. Ignoring is boils and rags Kell dashed to the almost full shuttle, running onto the retrating ramp but a man shoved him off, and the craft begain to take off.
Kell watched it retreat and somehow saw the people inside the craft, the people he left behind on Belgaroth, his dead father, his mother and girlfreind back on correlia, all the people he had loved and left behind.
But around him he saw his fellow members of Big Blue One they were working together and helping each other to fight the evil in the palace, they were brothers, a Band of Rebel Brothers.

Kell the wakes from his deep dream and checks his crono only 5 minutes has passed, He gets up and stretches picks up his weapons and moves to any close event going on to watch contually siping his drink. If nothing is going on he will sit there queitly thinking about the meaning off his dream and why he had it at that time.
No matter what he will think Well one thing about that dream was true , we are a band of brothers, and we will fight the tyrants of our galaxy.

(O.O.C. Sorry if that was to long but i really have no life so i though i would type that thought up for u guys :D )

PsychoInfiltrator
19 November 2005, 08:50 AM
OOC: Sorry guys. Init: 15+4 (impedInit.)+1Dex=20.

IC: If Rayror has higher Init. I figure the pivoting can probably be done while the others a gathering, before the 'demonstration.'

Rayror responds swiftly.

[Barabelese]Yes SIR.[/Barabelese.[/lang]

Rayror pivots around and faces Grath, quickly bringing up his arms in a standard defensive posture, his legs bracing himself for a sudden attack, be it fist, kick, trip, or all out charge.

"Shall we demonztrate anything in specific, or what?"

MA: AA:ready attack action, punch, to be used if Grath decides to attack and demonstrate an all out brawl, or simply if he attacks without first responding and sayign what he's going to demonstrate. Ah, heck with i t, can I please just say whether Rayror uses it after Grath says or doesn't say say something?

NOTE: If Grath has higher Init, Rayror's actions iwll be different. This is just ot save time if Rayror has higher Init.

PS: Aw crap! I just realized that TPNTBN didn't save the changes to Rayror's stats when he leveled up! Blast it!

boccelounge
22 November 2005, 08:54 AM
The opening rounds of the "personal combat demonstration." Damage is listed as "this attack/remaining VP."


Intitiative
Rayror: 20
Grath: 11
Round 1
Rayror pivots around and faces Grath, quickly bringing up his arms in a standard defensive posture, his legs bracing himself for a sudden attack. He and Grath circle one another for a few moments, then Graths lunges to an attack. As the Sergeant comes in, Rayror catches him with a crossing punch.
(Atk +9) + (d20 18) = 27 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+4 = 9/39
Grath jabs twice at Rayor's jaw, then wheels around in a back-kick.
(Atk +7) + (d20 15) = 22 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+1 = 7/33
(Atk +2) + (d20 19/4) = 21 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+1 = 5/28

Round 2
Rayor rolls with the kick, taking little damage. He uses this momentum to sweep at the Sergeant's legs, using his tail for balance.
(Atk +9) + (d20 16) = 25 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+4 = 12/27
The blow lands hard, and Grath reels around to respond. He gets off a quick snap-kick, which Rayror deflects.
(Atk +7) + (d20 11) = 18 [MISS]
Grath then pivots and ducks, coming in low with some quick jabs.
(Atk +2) + (d20 18) = 20 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+1 = 4/24
The two combatants withdraw, sizing one another up for a second series of attacks.


OOC: Post your general intent/actions for rounds 3-4 (PsychoInfiltrator and anyone else involved).

PsychoInfiltrator
22 November 2005, 03:36 PM
"And that, me amicis, waz a perfect demonstration of a speceez advantage inherent to the Barabelz. In an even fight between evenly matched opponents, speceez advantages can win the bout."

OOC: Could somebody explain the nimbers to me, please? I don't get the whole #/bigger# thing. Also, as I lost Rayror's current stats, I don't know his BAB, and since I've never had the ability to use this, can't remember if its high enough to use multiple attacks.

Also, yes, Rayror is intentionally doing this as a proper demonstration.

boccelounge
22 November 2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by EZE1138
Tav... made his way to the rapidly growing circle of soldiers. "I say 15 on the little guy," he says to anyone near by.

Originally posted by max ordo
Dorn looked over and quickly took in the situation. "Looks like 'Scales' is gonna get a talkin to for his maniac charge." Glancing at the other privates in 1st squad Dorn asks "OK I got 2 to 1 on the Sgt. Any takers?" which he says with a hint of laughter in his voice.

Originally posted by Stormrider
[Ketran] glanced to Dorn is amusement. "10 creds on Sergeant Grath." Ketran settled next to the Kel-Dor to watch the fight insue. "This should be good... A little entertainment at least."
PFC Wen Yug, recently returned from "KIA," looks darkly at this comment.
YUG: Well, I don't know if I'd call it a "maniac" charge. At least a couple of us were brave enought to force the attack, while the rest of you losers hid in the mud...

But still, I sure would like to see that scaly monster get his due... you shoulda seen what he trie to do to me on Hoth!

I'll put 10 creds on the new sarge too!



Originally posted by TheGunslinger
[Lus Civok], the Shistavanen... approached the Lieutenant, [and] waited patiently for the Lieutenant to finish his meeting.
Delta Platoon's commander, Lieutenant "Flash" Samson, listens intently as his superior, Major Deryon, talks to the leader of Alpha Platoon, Lieutenant Kreel. They seem to be discussing tactics, but it's clear there's more to it than that... the Major is trying to critique Lt. Kreel after Alpha's "defeat," but allow him to "save face" in the process. Flash seems bored with the process, and takes the excuse of Lus Civok's approach to duck out of the conversation.
FLASH: Yes, uh, trooper. What can I do for you?
As Lus starts to repond, Flash takes note of the state of Delta Platoon. He looks confused, and a little annoyed.
FLASH: Are, uh, those men drinking? And... who's fighting? Grath?
He keys on his wrist comlink.
FLASH: Sergeant, uh, Nomak. Pass the word-- stow all, uh, non-reg refreshments until we, uh stand-down from the exercise and, uh, return to base. And, uh, get the men formed up for march when, uh, Sgt. Grath is... done. Flash out...
His look of bewilderment continues, then he seems to remember there's a large wolf-man waiting nearby.
FLASH: Oh, uh, yes, Private. What was that you were saying?



Originally posted by Rulk
Ric looked for Sarge Orr, wanting to ask his squad commander a few things about the engagement.
A human, female trooper takes note of Ric's search. Ric recognizes her from 2nd Squad.
KESTREL: Orr? He's right over there. That real old guy, smoking the death-stick-thingies.

Oh, and I'm Kestrel. Nice ta meet'ya.

EZE1138
22 November 2005, 08:21 PM
YUG: Well, I don't know if I'd call it a "maniac" charge. At least a couple of us were brave enought to force the attack, while the rest of you losers hid in the mud...

Tav's fur bristles at this comment.

Just because this was an exercise doesn't make a mad dash towards a defended pillbox "brave." Those "losers" who hung back, as ordered, lived today. If this were real, you'd be taking a long dirt-nap. Mud-nap. Whatever.

Tav looks up and watches the lizard and Sgt. going at it. He begins to re-think his original bet. While the Sgt. is clearly lasting the fight it is also clear ( to Tav anyway) that he is seriously outmatched toe to toe.



Glancing at the other privates in 1st squad Dorn asks "OK I got 2 to 1 on the Sgt. Any takers?" which he says with a hint of laughter in his voice.

Tav overhears this comment and says, I'll bite. No one was up for the old crazy lizard so I will change my bet and take those odds. 2:1 in favor of the Sgt. means I am walking away from this a rich man. Sarge's gonna be eating mud soon.

boccelounge
22 November 2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by EZE1138
Tav: "Just because this was an exercise doesn't make a mad dash towards a defended pillbox "brave." Those "losers" who hung back, as ordered, lived today. If this were real, you'd be taking a long dirt-nap. Mud-nap. Whatever.
Yug sneers derisively at this, and replies mockingly:
YUG: Yeah, "whatever." You know what they say: "no guts no glory"... Bothington.
He sneers and laughs, apparently to himself.



Originally posted by EZE1138
Tav: "I'll bite. No one was up for the old crazy lizard so I will change my bet and take those odds. 2:1 in favor of the Sgt. means I am walking away from this a rich man. Sarge's gonna be eating mud soon."
This causes even more snarky and derisive laughter from the young human soldier. His eyes gleam with wicked mirth:
YUG: Yeah, that's what I figured: you... "guys" always stick together, don'cha?
He tracks off toward the fight, angling for a better view and muttering to himself.

darth_wyld
23 November 2005, 01:48 AM
"And that, me amicis, waz a perfect demonstration of a speceez advantage inherent to the Barabelz. In an even fight between evenly matched opponents, speceez advantages can win the bout."

Jag started to grin and turned to Orr.

Sarge, where must I ask for a requisition order so that I can get some species advatages, too?

TheGunslinger
23 November 2005, 05:56 AM
FLASH: Oh, uh, yes, Private. What was that you were saying?

"I hadn't said anything, yet...sir."

Lus replied in his customary low, growl of a voice. The sir was an afterthought. Lus still wasn't accustomed to all this pomp and circumstance in the military. He wondered to himself if he ever would be.

"Private Lus Civok reporting for duty as ordered."

The wolfman gave a quick salute at the end then glanced over towards the fight.

"Nothing but some clean fun, huh Lieutenant?"

djas_puhr
23 November 2005, 06:00 AM
Lance Corporal: Troops call me 'Whiskey' and I find nothing at all objectionable about the liquor or the name.

Spades looks around and sees others drinking some whiskey and reaches for ĎWhiskeyísí flask. Taking a quick swig from the flask, Spades lets it settle in his mouth getting the full flavor of the whiskey.


But to answer your implied question, Corporal, I am... I am a procurement specialist. I brought some of the gear Major Deryon mentioned the platoon needed with me, but I doubt the Major's list was exhaustive or included any of the...less condoned items you boys desire. Let me know what you need, Corporal, and I'll start asking around.

Spades nods at LnCpl Whiskeys remark and starts to think about at the stuff he would want to help improve Delta Platoons marksmanship.

Well Whiskey my name is Spades. Edgar McGregor is my real name, but everyone calls me Spades. Nice whiskey by the way what brand is it? Any ways the real reason I was sent to you is Iíd like to put in for thirty 2x powered scopes from the company Nightforce if possible. They build some real rugged scopes and well this bunch of troopers could use something equally rugged as them. I would need about thirty of them, at least one scope per trooper. I have one already, so you donít need to count on one going to me. Thatís all for now if itís too much let me know and Iíll modify my order so only the rifle not the repeaters get the scopes.

Edgar waits for the Lance Corporal to answer and looks over to the hand-to-hand combat demonstration. Well Dax should be the one giving out the lesson in hand-to-hand. Never really seen what our new Sergeant can do though.

DentArthurDent
23 November 2005, 08:20 AM
*As Oran walks away from the Major, he sees the combat demo start up with a quick kick from Rayror. A few quick exchanges and the round 1 is over with. Shockboxers to your corners, thought Oran with a grin. Good memories there. He switches his gaze from the combatants to his scattered squadmates. He happened first upon Kestrel.*

Oran: Good work today, Private. You and Spades did exactly what I'd hoped you would. You're a good team.

*Oran then moves over to were Spades is talking with a new guy.*

Oran: Spades, if I may intrude. I just talked to Kestrel about today's sim. You two did well. Had several good shots. I think I'm going to keep you two together as a long range team, if you don't have any objections.

*Oran turns to the other person standing there, extending a hand.*

Oran: Oran Kay'Bain, at your service. I'm the Sergeant of 2nd squad. And you are?

(after his response) Well it's good to have you aboard, Corporal. I'll let you two get back to whatever urgent business I'm sure I interrupted.

*Oran turns away and looks for Tav. Seeing the Bothan a little ways off, he starts walking over there. Private Yug had just walked off, and Tav didn't look to happy about something.*

Oran: Hey Tav, just wanted to go over some things with you about the sim. You ok? Fur's all out of sorts. Well, whatever it is, don't let it bother you. I'm sure there are more important things to worry about. I just wanted to tell you that you and the newbies did a good job today. Everything went very nearly flawlessly, except for poor Slub. He'll get over it though, I think. Not every day a man gets to die only to live again, eh?

boccelounge
23 November 2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by TheGunslinger
Lus: "I hadn't said anything, yet...sir. Private Lus Civok reporting for duty as ordered."

The wolfman gave a quick salute at the end then glanced over towards the fight.

"Nothing but some clean fun, huh Lieutenant?"
Lieutenant Samson shows some annoyance at this thought.
FLASH: Yes, well, Sergeant Grath was brought over to, uh, help instill a little more "military discipline" to this outfit... I don't know, uh, that fighting is the way to do it...
Flash brushes away his thoughts on Grath, and turns to face the Shivastenan. Ignoring any proffered salute, he reaches out with a warm handshake.
FLASH: Welcome to Delta Platoon. You'll be joining... 1st squad, I believe. Report to Staff Sergeant Nomak. He's the big tanned kid over there [he points]. He'll, uh, introduce you to the rest of the squad.
As Flash gives Lus a quick farewell, Major Deryon calls him back over. Flash hesitates, then heads back to the conversation.

----------------------------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

djas_puhr
23 November 2005, 11:31 AM
Spades, if I may intrude. I just talked to Kestrel about today's sim. You two did well. Had several good shots. I think I'm going to keep you two together as a long-range team, if you don't have any objections.

Edgar turns around and sees Oran approaching him speaking to him as he moves.

No problem Sergeant. Always willing to teach anyone how to shoot for distance. Speaking of which is it possible for us to get Kestrel the E-17D Sniper Rifle. Itís the modified variant of our basic rifle we use.

Spades looks quizzically at the Sergeant hoping he agrees with his request, turns and faces Whiskey.

With the Serg saying yes; think you could get it for her quicker than going through supply?

Now to see if he really is what he says he is. This ought to be a challenge for him. Edgar smiles smugly and pulls up his hose for his Camelback and starts to suck down some water.

EZE1138
23 November 2005, 12:38 PM
Oran: Hey Tav, just wanted to go over some things with you about the sim. You ok? Fur's all out of sorts. Well, whatever it is, don't let it bother you. I'm sure there are more important things to worry about.

Tav turns to his Sergeant and says, Nah, its nothing. Some gent getting behind the run-and-gun idea of our Lizard friend. He nods towards the hand-to-hand exercise.


I just wanted to tell you that you and the newbies did a good job today. Everything went very nearly flawlessly.

Hey, thanks boss. It was a good idea splitting us up a bit. I think Bo and Boosey will be good additions to the Angels. The Angels did pretty well.


Except for poor Slub. He'll get over it though, I think. Not every day a man gets to die only to live again, eh?

Tav nods. Tell that to Yug. That punk saw action on Hoth with us and still he laughs off his poor performance as if it is no big thing. He's not our problem, though. You got your hands full with that Slub guy. Rebellion getting that desperate?

He continues to watch as the Lizard and new Sergeant in action.

Kamon
23 November 2005, 04:43 PM
FLASH: Sergeant, uh, Nomak. Pass the word-- stow all, uh, non-reg refreshments until we, uh stand-down from the exercise and, uh, return to base. And, uh, get the men formed up for march when, uh, Sgt. Grath is... done. Flash out...
Hearing the LT's voice over the comlink, Daxter laughs, embarassed. Tucking away the bottle of reserve into his back pocket, he replies. Will do Flash. I'll get these men into tip-top shape. No slacking on my watch!
Smiling broadly, the Staff Sergeant continues to watch the demonstration. Rayror delivered a kick quick to the Sergeant. Sighing, Dax laments to himself.
Bah, I want to get into this... But the lizard would toss me like a ragdoll, no matter how superior I might be in Martial Arts. And Grath... Well, I don't know much about him, but he seems formidable. Bouncing on his heels, sweat begins to trickle down his golden-brown dirt-smeared forehead. The large brown eyes dart back and forth between Rayror and Grath. Temptation flickered through his head like blaster bolts between Imperial and Rebel forces.
His muscles yearned to take part in a fight- They were feeling left out, not really having been used for months. The last real fight Daxter had been in was with a Gamorrean on Tatooine, all those months ago, before he had joined the Rebellion.
He could recall the putrid smell of sweat and grime from its bulbous body; the cold metal of the Vibroax; the heat coming from the sun-soaked sand of the planet. And then the rush of energy as Daxter ducked under a swing of the Ax, and tumbled behind the large creature. Jumping onto the Gamorreans back, he could still hear the sound of the neck snapping as he twisted it roughly. And then the crash of the fat body hitting the ground, and the sight of several more of the Hutts guards charging him, catching up(Miraculously- Daxter still can't figure out how they achieved this feat), and then beating him near death...
He couldn't hold it in any longer. Leaping forward, his palms and feet in a fighting stance, the Sergeant of the Daystalkers questions Grath. Mind if I assist in this demonstration?

Ardent
23 November 2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
Well Whiskey my name is Spades. Edgar McGregor is my real name, but everyone calls me Spades. Nice whiskey by the way what brand is it? Any ways the real reason I was sent to you is Iíd like to put in for thirty 2x powered scopes from the company Nightforce if possible. They build some real rugged scopes and well this bunch of troopers could use something equally rugged as them. I would need about thirty of them, at least one scope per trooper. I have one already, so you donít need to count on one going to me. Thatís all for now if itís too much let me know and Iíll modify my order so only the rifle not the repeaters get the scopes.
Whiskey grins at the Corporal. Right into it, he muses to himself. Likeable trait.

"No need to modify an order, Corporal. I put down on Alliance flimsi only what I know they can send. The rest...I work for. Thirty is steep, but I'll ask around.


Originally posted by DentArthurDent Oran: Spades, if I may intrude. I just talked to Kestrel about today's sim. You two did well. Had several good shots. I think I'm going to keep you two together as a long range team, if you don't have any objections.

*Oran turns to the other person standing there, extending a hand.*

Oran: Oran Kay'Bain, at your service. I'm the Sergeant of 2nd squad. And you are?
Whiskey takes the proferred hand and nods to the Sergeant. "Lance Corporal Tarn, but everyone calls me Whiskey. Pleasure, Sergeant."


(after his response) Well it's good to have you aboard, Corporal. I'll let you two get back to whatever urgent business I'm sure I interrupted.


Originally posted by djas_puhr
With the Serg saying yes; think you could get it for her quicker than going through supply?
Whiskey nods. "Almost certainly. Battalion has no 17Ds to spare, last I saw. But I've got a lead on one...I'll see if I can't get her that rifle soon, Corporal..." But it's going to cost me personal...I am not looking forward to dealing with Dora'uun again.

max ordo
23 November 2005, 04:53 PM
Tav overhears this comment and says, I'll bite. No one was up for the old crazy lizard so I will change my bet and take those odds. 2:1 in favor of the Sgt. means I am walking away from this a rich man. Sarge's gonna be eating mud soon.


Chuckling at this Dorn replies "You haven't been around much have ya boyo? What kind of odds maker would I be if I let folk change their bets after the fight starts. I'll be more than happy to take a second bet though." a few moments later after hearing the human, Yug's, comments gets under the Kel Dor's skin. "You'll wanna be watchin what ya say boy, we're all on the same side so deal with it. Keep that type of talk in that narrow little head of yours. Otherwise you may need one of 'us' to save your sorry backside and 'we' may not be quick enough. Savy?" and he turns back to the fight. "I still have 2:1 on the Sarge, any takers?"

Stormrider
23 November 2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by boccelounge

Yug sneers derisively at this, and replies mockingly:
YUG: Yeah, "whatever." You know what they say: "no guts no glory"... Bothington.
He sneers and laughs, apparently to himself.



This causes even more snarky and derisive laughter from the young human soldier. His eyes gleam with wicked mirth:
YUG: Yeah, that's what I figured: you... "guys" always stick together, don'cha?
He tracks off toward the fight, angling for a better view and muttering to himself.

Stalking over to Yug...his voice was colder than ice. Anger was blazing in Ketrans eyes. What in the name of Sithspit do you think your doing?! Those are your squadmates......Your brothers you stupid piece of Sithspawn! Continue like you are doing now....and you'll cause friction THAT WE DO NOT NEED! We need to work as a team.....and not let stupid issues of race interfere in this....But you don't seem to understand this do you Yug?

EZE1138
24 November 2005, 07:46 AM
Ketran: ...and not let stupid issues of race interfere in this....But you don't seem to understand this do you Yug?

Tav overhears the dressing-down of the mouthy private. Hey, Ket. Yug could actually be useful. I think we ought to paint a target on his chest. Make it easier for the enemy when he decides to charge out into the open. I mean, what good is a distration when he might be missed?

Tav's fur bristles happily at his small joke and he turns to hear Dorn say,


You haven't been around much have ya boyo? What kind of odds maker would I be if I let folk change their bets after the fight starts. I'll be more than happy to take a second bet though.

Tav grins a bit. Yeah, well I had to try. Nah, I will stick with what I got, then. El Tee is going to break this up before they finish, anyway. I saw smoke coming out of his ears when he looked over this way.

Tav shuffles off to the side and tries not to be in the line of sight of any serious looking officer, just in case.

Rulk
24 November 2005, 10:41 AM
Ric hears the comment about refreshments through his comm and smiles as his refreshment is not of the acholic variety. Ric came up to Sarge Orr.

Sargent Orr, I think that there are some things that we need to get after this exercise. First of all, With the strength of that bunker, maybe we should invest in some PLEX-2Ms or similar missile laucher for a good punch. Also, access to some air support would be a good thing as well.
Ric waited for Orr's response, knowing he was asking a lot for being a brand new private, but felt that these were important issues.

PsychoInfiltrator
24 November 2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Kamon

Mind if I assist in this demonstration?

"Tell ya what. You can bet on me beating the Sarge-background seems to think I'm gonna lose, and then if'n ya side with me you'll get your money back and more. And you won't have to worry about claws. Or anyone else goin after you. And I think I'd be uzeful on your side in a nazty brawl, methinkz. Sidez, thisz here Sir Grath iz a...Staff Sergeant, I think, and combining our two ranks makes it much more of an even fight rank-wize. ... Oh, did I mention that you'd get your money back and more bettign on me? All theze people betting againzt myself aren't showing all that much rezpect for a Barabel, and short of brawling them all, this'd probly be the bezt way to rectify the situation. ... Oh, and which side did Yug vote for? He might juzt make it into my good books."

Rayror readies a kick to intercept Grath on his next attack, and presents a (mostly) open profile to Daxter, as a gesture of goodwill.

OOC: Rayror's taking a chance on this one. Oh, BTW, Rayror wasn't kidding about protecting Daxter's back.

djas_puhr
25 November 2005, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
Tell ya what. You can bet on me beating the Sarge-background seems to think I'm gonna lose, and then if'n ya side with me you'll get your money back and more. And you won't have to worry about claws. Or anyone else goin after you. And I think I'd be uzeful on your side in a nazty brawl, methinkz. Sidez, thisz here Sir Grath iz a...Staff Sergeant, I think, and combining our two ranks makes it much more of an even fight rank-wize. ... Oh, did I mention that you'd get your money back and more bettign on me? All theze people betting againzt myself aren't showing all that much rezpect for a Barabel, and short of brawling them all, this'd probly be the bezt way to rectify the situation. ... Oh, and which side did Yug vote for? He might juzt make it into my good books."

Now wait a sec! Two on one, when he clearly has the advantage! Un-sportsman like, Oran had better join Sarge!

Welcome aboard Whiskey, it'll be a pleasure working with ya.

He extends his right hand and shakes Whiskey's hand and smiles and walks off. Edgar turns away disgusted with the prospect of a two-on-one battle and walks off to find Kestrel and talk with her about their performance. After about a minute or two he locates her and starts talking with her as he heads back to HQ.

Well congratulation on your sharp shooting. I've asked about getting you a E-17D sniper rifle. Itís a modified version of our Blastech DH-17D. I think you would enjoy using it. It's got a longer range but you can only use single shot with it. Overall I think you'll get a kick out of using it.

Spades continues to walk briskly to get out of the rain he heads back with Kestrel in tow, towards the Delta Barracks. Time to start modifying my rifle. Iím long overdue in basic upkeep and maintenance on it. Last thing I need is for it to just break on me during a firefight.

boccelounge
25 November 2005, 09:02 AM
The "good clean fun" continues.

Intitiative
Grath: 18
Rayror: 9
Round 3
Rayror readies a kick to intercept Grath on his next attack, but Grath is quicker. He leaps in toward the Barabel, and launches a long spinning kick, then continues the spin a kicks again.
(Atk +7) + (d20 13) = 20 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+1 = 9/19
(Atk +2) + (d20 5) = 7 [MISS]
The first attack hits Rayror solidly, but he staggers back and avoids the second, then launches a counter.
(Atk +9) + (d20 3) = 12 [MISS]
Unable to use his tail for proper balance, his attack misses wide.


Round 4
After the unbalanced kick, Grath comes in close, and rapidly punches the big lizards mid-section.
(Atk +7) + (d20 15) = 22 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+1 = 6/13
(Atk +2) + (d20 12) = 14 [MISS]
Taking a few hits, Rayror drops and pivots, using his superior strength to try to leg-whip Sergeant Grath off his feet.
(Atk +9) + (d20 17) = 26 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+4 = 9/18


Round 5
Grath is knocked back, but uses the momentum to come up in a rolling crouch, then launch him self back at Corporal Drak'Tyne.
(Atk +7) + (d20 20/11) = 27 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+1 = 6/7
(Atk +2) + (d20 4) = 6 [MISS]
Rayror rolls just enough to avoid taking critical damage, but reels away. He sends a desperate jab at Grath.
(Atk +9) + (d20 2) = 11 [MISS]


Round 6
Grath presses his attack, trading punches up close with the Barabel.
(Atk +7) + (d20 15) = 22 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+1 = 7/0
(Atk +2) + (d20 6) = 8 [MISS]
Rayror is stunned, and barely keeps to his feet. Grath shifts slightly, to face both Rayror and Nomak. He returns Grath's punches, striking him lightly.
(Atk +9) + (d20 16) = 25 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+4 = 8/10


Round 7
Grath again presses his attack, trading punches up cloes with the Barabel. He jabs, then sends a sweping roundhouse at the Corporal's jaw.
(Atk +7) + (d20 5) = 12 [MISS]
(Atk +2) + (d20 19/13) = 21 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+1 = 6/(0VP/4WP)
Blood sprays from the Barabels's jaw, as Grath's punch lands with a sickening "crack." Grath backs off from Rayror, and shifts slightly, to face both Rayror and Nomak. Stunned and wounded, Rayror tries to kich at Grath.
(Atk +8) + (d20 3) = 11 [MISS]

GRATH: Anybody else require instruction?


OOC: Rayror is wounded-- he has 0VP/4WP remaining (he successfully saved to remain conscious). This makes him Fatigued (minus -2 Str and Dex, unable to run). Post your general intent/actions for rounds 8 and on. (PsychoInfiltrator, Kamon. and anyone else involved).


----------------------------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

TheGunslinger
25 November 2005, 01:43 PM
Lus turned in the direction the Lieutenant had pointed which was, coincidentally, right at the fight. Lus balked at having to walk into the crowd yet again. Not comfortable with it the first time, he was no more comfortable the second.

Instead, the wolfman simply adjusted the MerrSonn rifle that was strapped over his shoulder and stood on the outskirts of the gathering, watching the fight with mock interest.

PsychoInfiltrator
25 November 2005, 01:57 PM
OOC: I always get bad rolls when it counts...

IC:

Rayror massages his jaw.

"lucky punch..."

OOC: Ya know, what with Daxter jumping in to the ring and all, I tohught he'd get a chance to make his attack(s). And tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was two rounds, and I technically an action readied to trigger if a certain thign happens occurs before said action. Also, don't Initiative roll results last for the entire combat scenario? I might be wrong...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not tryign to be annoying, but if there are some house rules in place here, I think I missed them.

Also, I will conclude the IC portion of tihs post once I know whether or not Daxter will be allowed to intrude on any portion of the already-occurred fight.

Mack Jace
25 November 2005, 02:44 PM
Seeing Sgt. Grath lay a beat-down on Rayror, Ragab stands up from sitting on the edges of the gathering. Sgt. Grath, sir. If I may, sir, I might suggest that you break up this fight, otherwise we might be missing Rayror for a few weeks. Just a suggestion, sir. Ragab stands back and waits to see what happens.

Kamon
26 November 2005, 02:55 PM
"Tell ya what. You can bet on me beating the Sarge-background seems to think I'm gonna lose, and then if'n ya side with me you'll get your money back and more. And you won't have to worry about claws. Or anyone else goin after you. And I think I'd be uzeful on your side in a nazty brawl, methinkz. Sidez, thisz here Sir Grath iz a...Staff Sergeant, I think, and combining our two ranks makes it much more of an even fight rank-wize. ... Oh, did I mention that you'd get your money back and more bettign on me? All theze people betting againzt myself aren't showing all that much rezpect for a Barabel, and short of brawling them all, this'd probly be the bezt way to rectify the situation. ... Oh, and which side did Yug vote for? He might juzt make it into my good books."
Laughing heartily, Daxter bounces on the balls of feet, eager to get to fighting. Certainly, Rayror. I'd be happy to help out... But as he finishes speaking, Grath launches himself at the Barabel, sending kicks and punches all over the place. Within a few seconds, Rayror was pummeled pretty badly.
Damn, I gotta act faster next time...
The Staff Sergeant jumped at Grath, foot flying, ready to deliver a curshing kick to the other Sergeants chest. Landing, he sends up a flurry of quick punches to Graths face. With a quick tumble under an incoming hit, Daxter spins around, trying to sweep Graths feet from under him.
With a cheeky grin, Daxter continues his assault on the opposing Sergeant.
Ya okay, Rayror?

PsychoInfiltrator
27 November 2005, 06:39 AM
"Nothing hurting, except my schedule. Sooner or later I'll have to set up a real demonstration. Or we could go to a bar, shoo out the married and under-age people, and wait for some idiot to pick a fight with one of us."
Rayror continues massaging his jaw.

(Will post more after results of Daxter's attack are given.)

max ordo
27 November 2005, 07:54 AM
What the frell is Nomak doing. The whole reason for this little demonstartion was to emphasize that orders are to be followed. The lizard apparently didn't do what he was told so he was being called on it. Nomak should not openly oppose another Sgt. in the troops presense, take it up elsewhere. With the chain of command breaking down like that the Rebellion will be finished soon. I don't want to see those damned Imps win. Dorn thinks to himself as Nomak foolishly, in his opinion, steps in against Garath. Keeping his thought to himself Dorn only voices one concern OK...betting is done. Whoever bet against the Sarge needs to pay up. I'm only gonna give even odds on the Sargeants if this goes, everybody knows Daywalkers do it better. he yells this last part for all to hear. He then glances around to see what soldiers needed to be paid and who needed to cash out.


Once the 'demonstartion' sorts itself out Dorn will approach Nomak Sarge...May I speak with you privately. When you have a chance, I think it may be important.

EZE1138
27 November 2005, 08:20 AM
I'm only gonna give even odds on the Sargeants if this goes, everybody knows Daywalkers do it better.

Tav listens for a bit before chiming in. I had 15 on the Sarge. Glad my bet change wasn't accepted. He patiently waits while his money is paid out. He considers the last comment but decides that even some good spirited joshing wouldn't fly. Tensions were high over the breakdown of command and this improvised fight. Message sent but not received, apparently, since the mad lizard was itching for a fight. Maybe the Imperials sent his kind our way to disrupt the Rebellion? Nah, that's just paranoia talking.

Tav moves over to where his Sargent was standing. Sarge, we finished here? My fur is soaked and matted in places I can't hardly mention in polite company. Permission to get out of here and back to camp.

max ordo
27 November 2005, 08:34 AM
As the Bothan makes his way over to Dorn to collect Dorn catches a glimpse of him, soaking wet. Looks like someone had a rough day. he thinks to himself. Outloud Ah...Tav was it? here ya go boyo. Spend it wisely, if you need help just ask he says with a smile in his voice. Before Tav leaves with his money Dorn says as the Bothan turns to leave Two things to keep in mind friend. Don't let people like Yug get to you. Their narrow mindedness only really shows how much they should be pitied. And two...wear a coat in the rain. after which he chuckles.

Stormrider
27 November 2005, 04:26 PM
Not even waiting for Yug to reply Ketran stiffly walked back over to Dorn. Green eyes still simmered with traces of the white hot anger that had been directed at the racist fool. He offered a sigh as he saw Sgt. Nomak rush into the combat.




Oh for the love of the force! ........ Wearily he leaned against a tree...........................Damnet Lowya.....sometimes I wonder if you were wrong about the Rebellion........

coldskier0320
27 November 2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by darth_wyld

Jag started to grin and turned to Orr.

Sarge, where must I ask for a requisition order so that I can get some species advatages, too?

Using the smoldering end of the nicostick he'd been smoking, Orr lights himself a second of the things. As he is doing this, the fight continues, and by the time he responds to Jag, it's mostly over. Again, not bothering to turn to face Jag, he answers,

"Who the hell knows...looks like a secondhand store might be a good bet...or a pawn shop...certainly no respectable establishment would be caught selling such obviously faulty goods."

Though his words are humorous, he expression is anything but. It is obvious to whoever looks at him that Orr is thoroughly displeased with the actions of his corporal, both in his insubordination, and his subsequent scrape with Grath. Though he hadn't had time to sit and talk with the tough old sarge, Orr suspected that the two of them might get along great, being soldiers of a similar era.

Now he hears the order about "non-reg" refreshment, and suspects that some higher brass is about, and that the El-tee wouldn't want any of his men to get into trouble. Thus, as he obediently stows his own still-sealed bottle in his pack, he growls,

"C squad, stuff the hooch! Save it for later, let's go."

Then he looks up as one of his replacements approaches. It was the cannon-lugger, Laman...


Sargent Orr, I think that there are some things that we need to get after this exercise. First of all, With the strength of that bunker, maybe we should invest in some PLEX-2Ms or similar missile laucher for a good punch. Also, access to some air support would be a good thing as well.

Hearing the kid out, Orr nods at a few comments, and after he's finished, gives the private a pleased nod, glad to see that Chaos wasn't entirely made up of hotheads like Rayror, whom he still suspected was put in his squad specifically so he'd be under someone like Orr, who had no intention of taking any flak from the obnoxious reptile. All in all, Orr still couldn't believe he'd been so neatly handled by an El-tee that said 'uh' more than anything remotely useful. Still, it felt good to have a little more say in what went on in Delta platoon. Returning his attention to Laman, he responds,

"Your concerns are noted, private. It's good to see someone thinking of the unit rather than themselves around here. As far as the substance of what you said, I think this exercise showed us more that our tactics need reevaluated, rather than our inventory. Had I been running the show, C would have pulled the flank, but after first squad did the head-on. With Night laying down cover, and Day running interference and distracting from us with their attack, we could have closed in and I could have set up a demo charge to bring the bunker down. Of course, we didn't want to crush our esteemed colleagues, so it may have been a bit impractical in this scenario, but the tactics of it are sound. As far as the missile launcher, I believe its simply a consideration of mass and volume. You may get more punch with that plexie, but six missiles are a lot heavier and more cumbersome than a six shot standard power pack for that tube on your back, there. As far as air support, the comms jamming prevented that, else we probably would ahve called it in. That or some artillery. Also, many assignments require that we do things ourselves, so its good to get used to it. Still, glad to see someone thinking on their feet out here."

He pulled out his nicostick case and extended it toward the kid, asking,

"Nic-stick, private?"

Night who says ni
27 November 2005, 06:27 PM
Kell takes one last drink before closing and putting away the bottle of liquor. Kell then moves towards the small gathering off men around Orr, after everyone is done talking Kell steps into the conversation Hey I didnt get to say to it to everyone herebut everyone in C did a great job, when we get back to someplace civilized drinks on me.... for everyone here that is , remeber this doesnt leave this circle, pretty soon everyone will want complimentary drink from the Lance Corporal (O.O.C. I count Orr, Jag, and Ric no one else gets my free drinks :D )

djas_puhr
28 November 2005, 06:03 AM
Wonder how Jas is doing. I havenít heard from him in ages, guess Iíll have to vid him and see how heís holding up after his medical treatment. Edgar smiles to himself even though the rain and cold is making life miserable. Could be worse, could be back on that ice ball of a planet freezing my arse off at Echo Alpha. Spades shudders at the thought and continues to trudge along as Kestrel walks with him.

So Kestrel, were you originally from? Iím from Kor Vella, Corellia. Itís about two hours North of Tyrena if youíre familiar with the area. Nice little area, not much to worry about other then the local Imperial Garrison, but you donít bug them they donít bug you. I joined because the local Imps were roughing up a few of my friends that were not humans. For instance there was this Wookiee that really helped me out a few times, his name was Frobecca, really great Wookiee. Anyways they were roughing him up and I intervened by shooting at the ground near the troopers that were harassing my friend after that I did some reading and found out that the Empire was doing this all around Corellia and I wasnít really happy with that so I carefully looked around for an underground movement against the Empire and I joined.

Edgar pauses a second to drink some water from his Camelbak.

Yeah, thatís the main reason why I joined. Darn Imps need to learn not harass non-humans and go back to the old days. Anyways enough about me what about you.

Uron Teff
28 November 2005, 07:40 AM
Coming back from the position he was in the last few minutes Shorrarr firstly notices the group surrounding both Rayror and the new Platoon Sergeant. Steping nearer to the group the first thing he hears is a sentence spoken by one of the new Privates.


Sargent Orr, I think that there are some things that we need to get after this exercise. First of all, With the strength of that bunker, maybe we should invest in some PLEX-2Ms or similar missile laucher for a good punch. Also, access to some air support would be a good thing as well.

He throws down the heavy repeating blaster and he answers with a series of howls and growls pointing on the weapon lying to his feet.

[Shorrarr] Wrour... arour wrouaow shroauw wouraourw wuoaaw Rebellion wrouao worua ruoushraw wrour!
Na... we only need this stuff if the Rebellion is supporting us with this kind of crap!

He puts down the power generator he wore on his back just as easy as other wear clothes. Opening his shoulder bag he turns around to face his second gunner, Gonar Renici. Pointing on the heavy weapon to his left he addresses him in a asking sound of his voice.

[Shorrarr] Shrouaoru rouar Ion Transpiration Buffer? Roushro chewrouar rouarw ourawrr aroura.
Did you check the old Ion Transpiration Buffer? It's kinda odd that this thing malfunctions.

Without waiting for a response knowing that the Private hasn't checkt the old ITB twice he turn but stops right in the middle of the movement.

[Shorrarr] Shrour aoruw aro... wrouro shewouroa rouaor wwruruoa ruaor oruwoa rouaw dude? Roushoru roauw woura...
By the way... maybe you can find out who the new supply dude? Should be around somewhere...

Now finally turning towards the group infront of him he recognizes that a bleeding Rayror stand in the middle of it. Damn I missed something! Cursing his weapon once for the failture in the exercise and twice for the work he had to do after the exercise he moves nearer to Orr and one of the new privates.

[Shorrarr] Chewrour arourw? Shrouwar aorur shewrou?
What happened? Did I miss something?

Rulk
28 November 2005, 11:51 AM
Ric smiled at sarge Orr after his exchange.
Thank you sir. As for the nic-stick, I'll have to turn you down. There are cooler ways to die.
Ric then looked over at the crowd that had gathered around the big lizard, who was massaging his jaw. Ric watched the exchange with mild intrest, waiting for something to do.

PsychoInfiltrator
28 November 2005, 03:23 PM
[Shorrarr] Chewrour arourw? Shrouwar aorur shewrou?
What happened? Did I miss something?

Rayror, glad that he'd studied up on Shrywook, turned to face his Wookie friend.

"Mr. Grath here'z been giving a marshul arts demonztrashun. He's a little confuzed on the meaning of 'volunteer', but I will say one thing about him to rezpect: he's got one Ksshhthh of a kriffin' lucky punch. Join in if'n ya dare, but my jaw's put me outta thiz one." The unspoken but amiable-toned words 'for now' linger on the back of his tongue.

Rayror massages his jaw again, then steps out of the circle, off to find out who bet on him, and quite possibly dole out promises of something substantial, that, should they come to fruition, would with any luck be worth an awful lot more than the credits bet on him. And if Yug bet against him...no good books for him.

coldskier0320
28 November 2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Rulk

Thank you sir. As for the nic-stick, I'll have to turn you down. There are cooler ways to die.

Orr grins amiably, "Fair enough, private."

A few moments later, the old Sarge remembers something else,

"And don't 'sir' me gawd-dammit! I work for a livin' just like you, private!"

darth_wyld
29 November 2005, 05:35 AM
"Who the hell knows...looks like a secondhand store might be a good bet...or a pawn shop...certainly no respectable establishment would be caught selling such obviously faulty goods."

Jag flinched a little as Grath hit Rayror full.

Copy that Sarge. I just got the feeling I'd rather try to get some lessons from Sarge Grath, they seem easier to install and very effective...


"C squad, stuff the hooch! Save it for later, let's go."

Jag picked his equipment back up.


Thank you sir. As for the nic-stick, I'll have to turn you down. There are cooler ways to die.

Jag let out a snorting laugh.

Since we chose such a secure and low-threat occupation...

He gave Ric a broad grin.

But maybe you're right... would be bad style to survive this war and kick the bucket because of the nic-sticks.

Rulk
29 November 2005, 11:53 AM
"And don't 'sir' me gawd-dammit! I work for a livin' just like you, private!"

Ric smiled and said I'll keep that in mind...Sarge

DentArthurDent
29 November 2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by EZE1138

Tav moves over to where his Sargent was standing. Sarge, we finished here? My fur is soaked and matted in places I can't hardly mention in polite company. Permission to get out of here and back to camp.

*Oran shakes his head, scattering his thoughts and getting back to the present. He salutes Tav rather unofficially.*

Oran: Right. Yeah, that's fine.

*Oran takes off his helmet and runs a hand through his short hair, his hand passing over his antennapalps, which were quite sensitive to the wet chilliness of the air.*

Oran: I was just thinking the same thing, actually. I'll go tell the El-tee, you gather up our boys.

*Oran stood, grabbed his gear, and walked over to the Lieutenant, waiting patiently to be noticed. When he is noticed, he salutes sharply.*

Oran: Sir, permission to debrief my squad back at camp, sir!

EZE1138
29 November 2005, 02:42 PM
Oran: I was just thinking the same thing, actually. I'll go tell the El-tee, you gather up our boys.

Tav nods and heads back to find Spades and Whiskey. Say, boys. Sarge wants us gathered up and heading back to base camp after he talkes to the El-Tee. I'll gather them up.

Tav begins to head into the nearest mob of soldiers but stops and turns back to his fellow Corporals. Hey, you seen Boosey? What the hell happened to him?

He doesn't wait for a response and heads back towards the men.

All right, Night Angels. Gather on me! Sarge wants our gear packed and ready to head back to camp. Double time! And if anyone can find Boosey, tell him to shake a leg.

Tav begins to load up his light pack to ready for a march back to camp.

_________________________________
OOC: By march I mean take a shuttle or ground vehicle or whatever. Not sure how we got here or how we got back. But Angels know when it is silly to hang out in the rain!

A case of whiskey laden supersniper scopes to the man/woman/being who finds Boosey.

Save Boosey!

Stormrider
30 November 2005, 01:12 PM
Blah...Double Post! :rolleyes:

Stormrider
30 November 2005, 01:17 PM
As the Night Angels began to form up on Tav..
a shoult could be heard as Ketran bellowed at the top of his voice.

Daystalkers! Form up on me... Seems we're heading back to base camp

He slung the carbine across one shoulder and secured his backpack and the precious hooch inside.

By the fracking Sith......Why the hell is the Sarge grappling in the mud.....

djas_puhr
2 December 2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by EZE1138
Say, boys. Sarge wants us gathered up and heading back to base camp after he talks to the El-Tee. I'll gather them up.

Hey, you seen Boosey? What the hell happened to him?

All right, Night Angels. Gather on me! Sarge wants our gear packed and ready to head back to camp. Double time! And if anyone can find Boosey, tell him to shake a leg.

Spades looks at Kestrel and then back to Tav.

Okay, Kestrel and I are going to start back now. Weíll meet you back at Night Angles barracks after I change out of this soaked uniform.

Mack Jace
3 December 2005, 04:00 AM
...and this...

Mack Jace
3 December 2005, 04:00 AM
As Ragab sees everyone packing up and heading back to base, Ragab jogs over to Lt. Flash.

'Scuse me, sir. I see that we're heading back to base, but Sgt. Grath and Cpl. Drak'tyne are staying here to finish what they started. Do you want me to stay here in case this turns ugly, sir? Or do you want me to return to base? Ragab awaits the Liutenant's orders.

Uron Teff
3 December 2005, 04:39 AM
Well it looks like we're packing stuff and going back to base camp. the huge Wookiee soldier thinks. Hm... where is this Private? He turns around scaning the area around him just to see Private Gonar Renici standing behind him and saluting.

[Gonar] Sir, the new procurement specialist specialist is Lance Corporal Randal Tarn called Whiskey, Sir.

Puzzeled by the apparition of the Private Shorrarr steps a foot backwards and turns instantly chacking the area for the Major or the Lieutenant. Now what was that? No CO is around. Why is he saluting... oh... I see!

[Shorrarr] Sharour, rour sheworu arou wwrou roua. Roruosh oruw aoruw cheworu aoruo wouroa orwu chewoururow.
Kiddo, there is no need to salute. Especially while we're in a practice and on the battlefield.

Shaking his head he walks to the discarded heavy repeating blaster, Junk! bends over and picks it up. After hanging it around his left shoulder he steps to the power generator, views it and lifts it up to carry it on his back. Why the frell is everything getting heavier but not more dependable? Frak that! Turning around to check the Private's actions words are forming in his mouth.

[Shorrarr] Rourow aoruor wrouchew-
What are you wait-

[Gonar] Private Gonar Renici ready for march back to the base camp, Sir!

Wow! He's quick. Hopefully he's not too quick. He has to learn so much. Without saying another word the Wookiee turns around and walk towards the Lieutenant. The only thing visible of his upper body is a arm waving into the direction of the Lieutenant.

PsychoInfiltrator
3 December 2005, 06:15 AM
Noting tht Shorarr hasn't acknowledged Rayror's response, and that Grath has stopped treying to hit him, he goes looking for Ragab, just in case he's got something to help Rayror's jaw.

boccelounge
5 December 2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Stormrider
Stalking over to Yug...his voice was colder than ice. Anger was blazing in Ketrans eyes. [B]What in the name of Sithspit do you think your doing?! Those are your squadmates... Your brothers you stupid piece of Sithspawn! Continue like you are doing now... and you'll cause friction THAT WE DO NOT NEED! We need to work as a team... and not let stupid issues of race interfere in this... But you don't seem to understand this do you Yug?
PFC Yug had already started off toward the "fight," but this outburst from Corporal Volos makes him stop and turn back. His face gets very red and his expression is dark.
YUG: Brothers? Brothers?! We're fighters, Corporal, not "brothers." I'm here to fight off the Empire, not hold hands with some pretend "brothers. You better get that straight, "Corporal." These men need to be ready to fight-- nothing else.
He spits into the mud in disgust, then turns and heads off.



Originally posted by Mack Jace
Seeing Sgt. Grath lay a beat-down on Rayror, Ragab stands up from sitting on the edges of the gathering. "Sgt. Grath, sir. If I may, sir, I might suggest that you break up this fight, otherwise we might be missing Rayror for a few weeks. Just a suggestion, sir." Ragab stands back and waits to see what happens.
Sergeant Grath regards the Mon Calamari for a moment, then starts to respond.
GRATH: Quite right, Corpsman! No one needs to get hurt in a training exercise! And if today hadn't been a training day, the Corporal here would've died twi--
Grath is cut off when he's suddenly attacked by a burly and deceptively quick young Tatooinian...



Originally posted by Kamon
Laughing heartily, Daxter bounces on the balls of feet, eager to get to fighting. "Certainly, Rayror. I'd be happy to help out... "

But as he finishes speaking, Grath launches himself at the Barabel, sending kicks and punches all over the place. Within a few seconds, Rayror was pummeled pretty badly.

"Damn, I gotta act faster next time... "

Intitiative
Nomak: 14
Grath: 8
Round 1

Nomak jumps at Grath, foot flying, ready to deliver a crushing kick to the other Sergeant's chest.
Nomak: (Atk +7) + (d20 6) = 13 [MISS]
Though caught flatfooted, Grath manages to avoid the attack.
GRATH: Next lesson: always keep the odds in your favor. He whirls back from the new attacker, and draws his blaster pistol.
Two quick blue bolts flash out, striking Nomak as he lands and readies to send a flurry of quick punches to Grath's face.
Grath: (Atk +8) + (d20 13) = 21 [HIT]
Nomak: (Fort +10) + (d20 11) = 21 [SUCCESS]
Grath (Heroic Surge): (Atk +8) + (d20 17) = 25 [HIT]
Nomak: (Fort +10) + (d20 19) = 29 [SUCCESS]
Round 2

To Grath's extreme surprise, Nomak shrugs off both well-placed stun bolts, and lumbers in toward Grath.
Nomak: (Atk +7) + (d20 17) = 24 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+2 = 9VP damage/1VP remaining
Nomak connects solidly, and Grath stumbles back. He drops the pistol, and tries to return the hand-to-hand attack.
Grath: (Atk +7) + (d20 11) = 18 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+1 = 5VP damage/59VP remaining
Grath: (Atk +2) + (d20 15) = 17 [MISS]
Round 3

Nomak makes a a quick tumble under the incoming hit, and spins around, trying to sweep Grath's feet from under him.
Nomak: (Atk +7) + (d20 14) = 21 [HIT]
Damage 2d4+2 = 6VP damage/0VP/15WP remaining
Grath hits the ground hard, and stays down for a long moment. Groggily picking him self up, he makes it clear the the fight is over. As Sergeant Nomak helps Grath to his feet, the older man gives a brief grin.
GRATH: Nice kick... And to the rest of you: I take it the point is sufficiently made? DO NOT attempt to take on a superior force by yourself. We fight as a team, we survive. You run off by yourself, you die. Period.
Still somewhat groggy, Grath picks up his blaster, and goes over to make sure the Barabel Corporal is relatively unhurt.

----------------------------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

boccelounge
5 December 2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by djas_puhr
SPADES: So Kestrel, were you originally from? Iím from Kor Vella, Corellia. Itís about two hours North of Tyrena if youíre familiar with the area. Nice little area, not much to worry about other then the local Imperial Garrison, but you donít bug them they donít bug you... Anyways enough about me what about you.
Kestrel is silent for a moment at this question, then replies slowly.
KESTREL: I... I grew up on Imperial Center. Coruscant, that is. I don't really like people to know about it... I used ta get weird looks when I told people in the Alliance where I was from... But it doesn't matter: I'll never go back there...


Originally posted by Mack Jace
Ragab jogs over to Lt. Flash.

"'Scuse me, sir. I see that we're heading back to base, but Sgt. Grath and Cpl. Drak'tyne are staying here to finish what they started. Do you want me to stay here in case this turns ugly, sir? Or do you want me to return to base?" Ragab awaits the Liutenant's orders.
The Lieutenant sighs wearily.
FLASH: No, thank you, but that won't, uh, be necessary, Corpsman. We're all headed back to camp. I'll head over and, uh, get the men organized. You make sure the, uh, 'participants' are, uh, OK.


Originally posted by DentArthurDent
Oran stood, grabbed his gear, and walked over to the Lieutenant, waiting patiently to be noticed. When he is noticed, he salutes sharply.

Oran: Sir, permission to debrief my squad back at camp, sir!
Having just walked over to where most of the platoon stood Flash surveys the scene. Rayror is slipping off to the back of the crowd, Dorn is settling his bets with a crowd of participants from Delta and Alpha Platoons, and Corpsman Ragab is tending to the wounded Sergeant Grath. Off to the side, Orr, Spades, and several others lounge casually, talking and smoking in the constant drizzling rain.

Flash sighs again, quietly mutters to himself:
FLASH: Frak... if I don't know how tough these people were in combat, I'd think they were all a bunch of grungy nerf-herders...
With a rueful smile, he Walks over to Oran, and speaks up.
FLASH: Yes, Sergeant Kay'Bain. Form up your, uh, squad, and let's get back to base.
He starts to head over to the other Sergeants, but stops for a final comment:
FLASH: And let's, uh, try to get back without any further, uh, brawls, OK?


Originally posted by EZE1138
Tav: Hey, you seen Boosey? What the hell happened to him? A case of whiskey laden supersniper scopes to the man/woman/being who finds Boosey!
From his comfortable position inside one of the sandbagged bunkers, Private Boosey perks up at his name. He comes over to Tav, looking uncertain.
BOOSEY: Uh, Lance Corporal? I'm right here... was just taking a little nap. I know there was that rumor about me gettin' transferred to Alpha Platoon, but... well, anyway, here I am.

Hey, does this mean I win the whiskey things?


Originally posted by EZE1138
TAV: All right, Night Angels. Gather on me! Sarge wants our gear packed and ready to head back to camp. Double time!

Originally posted by Stormrider
KETRAN: Daystalkers! Form up on me... Seems we're heading back to base camp.
In a short time, all three squads are formed up, and begin the march back to the The Big Blue One regimental camp. Sergeant Grath, bolstered by some quick first aid, takes the lead. The squads follow him in order: First, Second, and Third. Lieutenant Samson lingers toward the rear, marching near Ragab and Shorrarr, and the other "support" personnel.


OOC: We're now "on the march" for a short time. Feel free to post any dialogue/actions occurring just before or just after the march begins. After a short time, I'll post that you've "returned to base."

----------------------------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

PsychoInfiltrator
5 December 2005, 02:41 PM
It didn't take long for Rayror to find Yug. He was mostly alone, with a coupel dirty looks in his direction.

"You bet on the fight?"

(Response)

"On whom?"

Kamon
5 December 2005, 04:31 PM
Seeing the other Staff Sergeant land with a hearty "plump" in the mud, Dax let up on his fighting stance, adopting a relaxed pose instead. seeing that Grath meant for the demonstration to be over, the young sergeant extended his right arm out to assist Grath onto his feet.

GRATH: Nice kick...
Smiling ashamedly, Daxter could only laugh. Sorry, but I thought you guys were still going at it! Walking away redfaced, he met up with the rest of the Day Stalkers who were assembling with the other two squads. As he did so, he was met by the Kel Dor.

Sarge...May I speak with you privately. When you have a chance, I think it may be important.
Confused, Dax replied. Sure, what's up?

Ardent
5 December 2005, 10:51 PM
Shouldering the bags he had left with the Bothan, Whiskey slips back to turn in his orders to Lieutenant Samson, saluting and offering a greeting before slinking back up to rejoin second squad on the march almost before Lieutenant Samson realizes he's gone.

Catching up to the Bothan Lance Corporal, Whiskey clicks his tongue, mustering a noise akin to a comm-tap, to get the man's attention.

"Lance Corporal, I've got a few questions about second squad if you're willing to answer." Although he pauses briefly Whiskey flows into a series of questions almost without regard for the Bothan's answer.

"I noticed that a lot of the soldiers are using carbines. I understand that part of the expectation for a combat unit is close-quarters combat, but wouldn't the extra range a rifle provides serve the troops better? Particularly in situations like those bunkers and that pillbox. Lots of wasted shots because of the relative inaccuracy of the carbines, from what I saw."

"Corporal McGregor asked me to look into getting some scopes for the troops, but that may not wholly correct the fundamental problem."

Whiskey continues to rattle off opinions and observations, some sharp, others showing a fundamental lack of tactical combat experience, but generally he hits the mark. He waits patiently for the more seasoned trooper's responses. Eventually, he ran out of questions and thanked the Bothan for his time, reminding Tav to let him know if he needed anything.

EZE1138
6 December 2005, 04:46 AM
"Lance Corporal, I've got a few questions about second squad if you're willing to answer."

Tav slugs along the path towards the base. Sure, go ahead Corporal...what? Whiskey they call you?


"I noticed that a lot of the soldiers are using carbines. I understand that part of the expectation for a combat unit is close-quarters combat, but wouldn't the extra range a rifle provides serve the troops better? Particularly in situations like those bunkers and that pillbox. Lots of wasted shots because of the relative inaccuracy of the carbines, from what I saw."


Tav considers this a moment and briefly looks down at his own weapon, a blaster rifle. Well, you must be thinking of those pukes in First Squad. A bunch of them use carbines. Second tends to be a blaster rifle family.


"Corporal McGregor asked me to look into getting some scopes for the troops, but that may not wholly correct the fundamental problem."

Tav considers this a moment, dodging to the left to avoid an exceptionally large puddle in the road. Hmmm. Spades would. He doesn't like to get in close like the rest of us. Yeah, I suppose a scope would be nice for the earlier parts of a skirmish but more often than not it takes someone getting in close with grenades. You want to find us stuff, get us more grenades. They are like gold.


Whiskey continues to rattle off opinions and observations, some sharp, others showing a fundamental lack of tactical combat experience, but generally he hits the mark.


Tav listens for a bit, muttering a "hmm hmm" and nodding his head, sometimes scowling and wiping rain water from his eyes.

Interesting points, Corporal. Some of that was pretty sharp. But at times, it sounds like you need some more time behind a gun instead of thinking of ways to find a better one. But generally, I think you hit the mark.

Tav considers a moment. One recommendation, even if you aren't asking for one, is hide the hooch. I swear, half of this unit feels the need to do a shot every time they tie their boots right. El-Tee is going to explode one of these days when some drunk private shoots his foot off because he can't see straight.

TheGunslinger
6 December 2005, 01:44 PM
The dispute between Yug and Kestran happened to explode close by the wolfman, who regarded the two with mock disinterest. In reality, Lus was entertained by the butting of ideals and the resulting fireworks it was creating. It rang close to home.

The calls to begin forming up in marching order snapped Lus' attention back to locating this Sergeant of his squad. Second thoughts led the wolfman to just fall into line behind the people he assumed were his squad.

The MerrSonn blaster rifle's strap was tightened so the weapon fit snuggly on his shoulder. Other then watch where the squad was going and follow, the Shistavanen didn't do much else.

coldskier0320
6 December 2005, 02:26 PM
Denver 'Bull' Randleman: Well how come we're the only one marching every Friday night 12 miles full pack in the pitch dark.

Richard Winters: Why do you think, Private Randleman?

Denver 'Bull' Randleman: Lieutenant Sobel hates us, sir.

Richard Winters: Lieutenant Sobel does not hate Easy Company, Private Randleman. He just hates you.

Denver 'Bull' Randleman: Thank you, sir.

~Easy Company, 506th Regt., 101st Airborne Div.

Orr sighs listening to a few young pups argue about specism. Eventually, he figured noone else is going to put a stop to it, and snaps,

"Stop it, the two of you! I'm tired of listening to you kids trying to correct one another. You're here for one reason, and that's to march. So get with it. C squad! Let's move! Standard march order!"

In the march order Orr has set up for his squad's maximum efficiency, Ghennan takes point, followed by Rayror and Gath. Behind this front group is the Last Private, Laman, and Kupurr, the heavy support, behind which, Haarshi brought up the rear with Orr himself. This put Orr and Kell in close proximity to the auxiliary element of the squad as well as the command staff, slogging through the mud on the road that was pudding when they'd headed out here, and was now watered-down soup, still, Orr had trudged through his share of mud over the years, so it didn't seem to damper his mood much.

"Just like Jabiim", he mutters to himself, as he goes on his way, DLT-20A slung, muzzle-down, on his shoulder.

Ardent
6 December 2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by EZE1138
Interesting points, Corporal. Some of that was pretty sharp. But at times, it sounds like you need some more time behind a gun instead of thinking of ways to find a better one. But generally, I think you hit the mark.

Tav considers a moment. One recommendation, even if you aren't asking for one, is hide the hooch. I swear, half of this unit feels the need to do a shot every time they tie their boots right. El-Tee is going to explode one of these days when some drunk private shoots his foot off because he can't see straight. [/B]
Rand grins at the Bothan, and takes a moment to sling his rifle around and then back down to rest it more comfortably against his arm, barely upsetting the two duffels he's struggling under.

"When the universe finds a better way to take the edge off, we won't need whiskey any more, Lance Corporal. But your advice is heard and understood, I'll keep them out of my reserve while the Lieutenant is around." He gazes off at the murky path ahead and absently thumbs the safety on his rifle back and forth.

"So tell me about Lieutenant Samson. His dossier wasn't too revealing, at least as I'm not a swoop racing fan. How is he as a soldier and as a leader?"

Whiskey takes in the Bothan's response, nodding as though taking a mental image of the Lieutenant's command experience. "So would it be fair to say he's not a particularly strategic thinker or inspiring speaker?"

Whiskey grins as he asks the question, but his eyes are oddly serious. "So I expect he's a man of action; his dossier seemed to indicate that anyway."

Whiskey continues to chat with the Bothan soldier, clearly trying to build some more specific knowledge on the unit than what he'd been equipped with before heading into the field. His questions begin to hit upon particular soldiers, first second squad, but then he extends his queries to the NCOs and the specialists.

"Sounds like a fairly self-sufficient group, for a platoon. You guys saw action at Hoth, right?" Whiskey glances pointedly over at the Bothan.

"I'm told Han Solo was there. Did you get a chance to see him fight?" He nods, taking it all in.

"I appreciate your candid answers, Lance Corporal." Rand tosses the Bothan something pulled out from inside his uniform. "A sugar-and-protein bar, just something to keep you going on the march."

Night who says ni
6 December 2005, 04:32 PM
So get with it. C squad! Let's move! Standard march order!"

No problem sep... Kell gathers up his belongings and quickly starts a line to go back to base.

EZE1138
6 December 2005, 07:04 PM
Whiskey: When the universe finds a better way to take the edge off, we won't need whiskey any more, Lance Corporal. But your advice is heard and understood, I'll keep them out of my reserve while the Lieutenant is around.

Tav nods at this. Yeah, I suppose everyone wound up tight. It got worse after Hoth, that's for sure. You coming along was like the arrival of the Great Spirit on Life Day to some of these lushes. (OOC: I have no idea what this means...did they get gifts on Life Day? Gotta find my boot of the Holiday Special. On second thought.../OOC)


So tell me about Lieutenant Samson. His dossier wasn't too revealing, at least as I'm not a swoop racing fan. How is he as a soldier and as a leader?

Tav considers this a moment, taking a second to get a swig of fresh water from his canteen. Well, El-Tee will fool you. The first time I met him his insignia was hidden under a worn field jacket. I thought ran into some private like myself, only clueless. He didn't know his way around his base at the time. Or so I thought. But he is pretty shrewd and keeps it together when the bolts start flying. Don't let the muttering fool you.


So would it be fair to say he's not a particularly strategic thinker or inspiring speaker?

Well, that last part is true. I don't think he can string a sentence together from beginning to end to save his life. But I tell you, he keeps an eye on things and I honestly think he has more going on up there than we think.


So I expect he's a man of action; his dossier seemed to indicate that anyway."

That I would agee with. What I want to know more about is this new Sarge. What hunk of rock did they carve him outta? He come in with you?


Sounds like a fairly self-sufficient group, for a platoon. You guys saw action at Hoth, right?

Tav gets quiet for a moment, the rain making a subtle patter around them. Yeah, we did. He looks off for a moment.


I'm told Han Solo was there. Did you get a chance to see him fight?

The mention of Captain Solo brings Tav out his his memories. What, Captain Solo? Naw, he didn't make an appearance as far as I knew. He was part of the team looking for Skywalker when he went missing but that was the last I heard of him. I heard he got out with Imperials breathing his ship's exhaust but that was about it. I hear he and his crew went missing after that, though. (OOC: I assume we are still in the timeline of the Empire movie, right? Or is this after meaning everyone has reunited and Solo is missing? Doesn't matter but for color and color is everything in RPG!! /OOC).


I appreciate your candid answers, Lance Corporal." Rand tosses the Bothan something pulled out from inside his uniform. "A sugar-and-protein bar, just something to keep you going on the march.

The Bothan catches the bar and tears into the packaging. He sniffs it briefly to be assured it isn't in any way alcoholic then takes a bit. Good stuff, Whiskey. Much appreciated. Tell me, whose back did you scratch to get into the finest Squad in the Rebellion?

Tav gnaws his protein bar for a bit and listsns.

Ardent
6 December 2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by EZE1138
Tav nods at this. Yeah, I suppose everyone wound up tight. It got worse after Hoth, that's for sure. You coming along was like the arrival of the Great Spirit on Life Day to some of these lushes.
Rand chuckles. "I've found that a flask of whiskey makes a man welcome in almost any place in this Rebellion, Lance Corporal.


That I would agee with. What I want to know more about is this new Sarge. What hunk of rock did they carve him outta? He come in with you?
"Nope, Sergeant Grath was re-assigned separately from Private Civok and myself, probably because he's a ranking NCO. I expect he pulled this assignment for himself, although to be honest with you...I'm not sure why. He's too canny to not have noticed the unit's combat history..." Whiskey trails off for a moment, and then seems to recover his bearing. "I mean, he could have asked for his own platoon." He coughs somewhat jarringly, and jumps into his series of questions about Hoth, changing the subject poorly. (OOC: Whiskey probably critically failed his Diplomacy check here. ;) )


Tav gets quiet for a moment, the rain making a subtle patter around them. Yeah, we did. He looks off for a moment.

The mention of General Solo brings Tav out his his memories. What, General Solo? Naw, he didn't make an appearance as far as I knew. He was part of the team looking for Skywalker when he went missing but that was the last I heard of him. I heard he got out with Imperials breathing his ship's exhaust but that was about it. I hear he and his crew went missing after that, though.
Without missing a beat, Rand rejoins the Bothan's monologue. "I expect they'll turn up, Lance Corporal. I had the...pleasure of serving with Solo once, he's got a way of coming out of bad situations wearing a grin bigger than the proverbial sand panther."


(OOC: I assume we are still in the timeline of the Empire movie, right? Or is this after meaning everyone has reunited and Solo is missing? Doesn't matter but for color and color is everything in RPG!! /OOC).
OOC: Actually, my intent wasn't to imply anything by it. It's Bocce's world, and I was asking a question Tarn WOULD ask, as he has a personal interest in Solo. If Solo is indeed missing, Tarn certainly doesn't know anything about it.


The Bothan catches the bar and tears into the packaging. He sniffs it briefly to be assured it isn't in any way alcoholic then takes a bit. Good stuff, Whiskey. Much appreciated. Tell me, whose back did you scratch to get into the finest Squad in the Rebellion?
Rand ignores the Bothan's somewhat loud crunching as he chews the bar and does his best to shrug under his load. The effect is, needless to say, difficult to interpret. As he fumbles to regain his load, he chuckles. "To be fair, I don't know." He gets a distant look on his face as he considers it.

"It would be fair to say that despite an abundance of training and even some time in line units before this -- as supply section chief, mind you -- I've never actually seen prolonged combat in the field. Sure, I've been shot at...my job took me to a lot of seedy starports and I've pissed off my share of scumlords and Imperials. But never in the field with a squad." He chews on his lip for a moment, as if mentally recalling the people he's angered in his career as a procurement specialist.

"I'm first and foremost a middle man, Lance Corporal. My skills lie in matching the seller to the buyer -- in my case that's the Rebellion -- and negotiating the best possible deal...in my case for the Rebellion. I've been fairly successful. Successful enough that someone in Alliance High Command apparently wants me to get some time in with a unit in the field. Only thing I could guess at is that the combat experience would look good on my review and allow them to move me into some position they want me in." He lets go of his rifle momentarily to rub his jaw, his palm making a rough scratching noise against the stubble on his face.

"I don't have any friends in High Command that I know of. I mean, sure, the likelihood that I've supplied something that found its way there eventually is pretty good, but I've never received a personal communique or anything. As far as I know nobody from my...past besides Han Solo has joined up with the Rebellion. I mean, I know of General Dodonna and General Madine, but I've never met either man in person." He pauses to watch one of the privates recover himself from a ditch he had slid into on an unfortunate patch of mud, and chuckles to himself. "Frankly, Lance Corporal, I'm as stumped by my reassignment as the rest of you probably are. If you could find anything out, I'd be most appreciative."

boccelounge
8 December 2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
It didn't take long for Rayror to find Yug... "You bet on the fight? On whom?"
Rayror catches Yug as the latter is loading up his field pack, and preparing to fall in with 1st Squad and march back to the base camp. He looks up from his equipment, and regards Rayror with a guarded smirk.
YUG: Hell, I bet on you, chuckles. Fat lot of good it did me... thought you'd lay that old dinosaur Sarge on his ass... now I'm wet, cold, tired, AND out 15 RebCred... Thanks.
He slings his pack over his shoulder, and tromps through the mud toward Sergeant Nomak.



Originally posted by TheGunslinger
The calls to begin forming up in marching order snapped Lus' attention back to locating this Sergeant of his squad. Second thoughts led the wolfman to just fall into line behind the people he assumed were his squad.

The MerrSonn blaster rifle's strap was tightened so the weapon fit snuggly on his shoulder. Other then watch where the squad was going and follow, the Shistavanen didn't do much else.
Private Erad Vield, one of the platoon's Hoth veterans, falls in next to Lus as they begin the march. He's a young, amiable human trooper. His short, light red hair is perpetually tousled, and he wears a near constant grin on his freckled face. Rifle slung over his shoulder, he extends a warm handshake to the Shivastenan.
ERAD: Hey there! I'm Vield, Erad Vield. Nice to meet you. Too bad you couldn't join the squad for the combat exercise, but I think you'll find this outfit's pretty top-notch... despite the occasional, um, "personality clash." So, anyway, welcome to Delta! Lemme know if I can help you out or show you around. Maybe when we get back to camp, I'll introduce you to the other guys in the squad. I've been with Sergeant Nomak and Corporal Volos since before Hoth; Yug too. Just got to know Dorn-- he's the Kel Dor-- and Karren when we got here. Haven't really gotten to know that other new guy yet... Ollup, I think his name is... Well, so, like I was saying, if you want me to show you around I'd be glad to, seeing as you just dropped ship and all... say, do you even know where we are? Everyone's sayin' this planet's not even named, but I always thought the, um, Old Republic had named ALL the systems... seems weird that they'd missed one like this... not that I like the rain, you know, I just mean that, you know, besides that, it's not all that bad a place... man, you shoulda seen Hoth! What an ice-bucket! Why, I never thought we were gonna...
He goes on like for some length, pending interruption from Lus Civok or others who happen to be nearby.



Originally posted by coldskier0320
In the march order Orr has set up for his squad's maximum efficiency, Ghennan takes point, followed by Rayror and Gath. Behind this front group is the Last Private, Laman, and Kupurr, the heavy support, behind which, Haarshi brought up the rear with Orr himself.
Yuth Gath, 3rd Squad's new Zabrak trooper, calls over to Sergeant Orr as the group steps off on its march. Like his physical appearance, his voice is crisp and precise:
YUTH: It appears that we are "bringing up the rear," yet again, Sergeant. Is it correct to think this is a common assignment for... what do you call it... "Chaos" Squad?


As the squads assemble into loose marching formation, Delta Platoon begins its walk back to the Big Blue One Regimental base camp. The walk takes about an hour, and the sun is beginning to set by the time the march is over. The troopers exchange casual banter as they go...



OOC: Insert casual banter here. :)

----------------------------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

Kamon
8 December 2005, 07:45 PM
Just thought you should have a heads up...
Daxter nods as Dorn finished their private conversation. A look of deep thought in his eyes, the tall sergeant contemplates how to go about dealing with the rougish trooper. Alright, Dorn. Thanks for telling me. He's been acting like this since Hoth... I'll try to reason with him. With a rather large, sneaky grin, he adds, And then when he refuses, I'll use 'agressive negotiations', as my pappy called it.
Plodding through the mud, the Tatooinian born leader confronts Yug as the Private finishes his "conversation" with Rayror.

YUG: Hell, I bet on you, chuckles. Fat lot of good it did me... thought you'd lay that old dinosaur Sarge on his ass... now I'm wet, cold, tired, AND out 15 RebCred... Thanks.
Standing before Yug, burly Daxter adopts a "serious business" face and pose, which was pretty hard to keep without bursting into laughter. Private Yug, a word with you, if I may. Without even waiting for a response, Daxter continues. I've been hearing reports that you have been acting rather...how should I say... err...racist... to some of the non-human soldiers, and treating everyone else with much disrespect. I must say, I find this behavior appaling for a Rebellion soldier. Let me ask you, Yug, why do you think we're fighting against the Empire? Is it because we want to just take over their tyrannical reign of the galaxy? Because we want to keep their bigoted attitudes and violent ways? Not in the Rebellion I joined, no siree. So, while you're under my command, you will show every single one of your fellow soldiers with respect and dignity, because one day, your life may be in their hands, and they just might not be "fast enough" to get to you. Do you understand me, Private? By now, Daxter was only about a quarter of an inch from Yugs face. And I'm warning you about who you start calling names. I don't think that Rayror likes to be called Chuckles... He adds, with only a hint of humor.

EZE1138
8 December 2005, 08:26 PM
Whiskey: It would be fair to say that despite an abundance of training and even some time in line units before this -- as supply section chief, mind you -- I've never actually seen prolonged combat in the field. Sure, I've been shot at...my job took me to a lot of seedy starports and I've pissed off my share of scumlords and Imperials. But never in the field with a squad. I'm first and foremost a middle man, Lance Corporal.

Well, I'd say you pissed off some Rebellion commander, too. I hate to say it: You aren't a middle man any more...you are a man of the line. Front line. Should of pulled your shots when qualifying. Might have saved you a lot of blaster fire coming your way. Tav chuckles a bit.


My skills lie in matching the seller to the buyer -- in my case that's the Rebellion -- and negotiating the best possible deal...in my case for the Rebellion. I've been fairly successful. Successful enough that someone in Alliance High Command apparently wants me to get some time in with a unit in the field. Only thing I could guess at is that the combat experience would look good on my review and allow them to move me into some position they want me in.


That's one way to look at it. Another way is that they don't want to see you make your next review. Sure you didn't step on some ordanance officer's toes somewhere? Again, Tav chuckles a bit but then gets a bit quiet. Or another way is that... Well, maybe the Rebellion is... Let's just say, when procurement specialists are on the front lines...maybe Hoth was just the beginning. Yet another retreat, falling back... I don't know. Sorry for rambling. I just sometimes have a bad feeling about all this.

Tav continues to slog through the mud. He chews up the last of his protein bar and wipes his maw with the back of his furry hand.

Ardent
8 December 2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by EZE1138
Well, I'd say you pissed off some Rebellion commander, too. I hate to say it: You aren't a middle man any more...you are a man of the line. Front line. Should of pulled your shots when qualifying. Might have saved you a lot of blaster fire coming your way.[/B] Tav chuckles a bit.
Rand can't help but grin at the Bothan. "I admit I had thought of that, but you hate to think the worse of your superiors. But I've always felt that integrity is important....flubbing my marksmanship qualification wouldn't exactly be honest, would it?"


That's one way to look at it. Another way is that they don't want to see you make your next review. Sure you didn't step on some ordanance officer's toes somewhere? [/B] Again, Tav chuckles a bit but then gets a bit quiet. [B]Or another way is that... Well, maybe the Rebellion is... Let's just say, when procurement specialists are on the front lines...maybe Hoth was just the beginning. Yet another retreat, falling back... I don't know. Sorry for rambling. I just sometimes have a bad feeling about all this.
"Fair enough, I suppose." The man watched first squad's privates roughhouse a bit to get the edge off. "'You can kill a being, many beings, trillions of beings even. But you cannot kill an ideal.'" He left his words hanging in the humid air, until he seemed to feel ready to speak again.

"The Alliance may die, Lance Corporal, but the rebellion never will."

coldskier0320
9 December 2005, 10:42 AM
YUTH: It appears that we are "bringing up the rear," yet again, Sergeant. Is it correct to think this is a common assignment for... what do you call it... "Chaos" Squad?

ORR: You've got it, private. C squad brings up the rear most of the time. Why, if we went in first, there'd be no imps left for the other guys to kill. We gotta give 'em first licks, else they'll start complaning that they never get the chance.

A few seconds later, the female, Ghennan pipes up, "Permission to speak?"

"Go ahead."

"Sargeant, Gath raises an interesting point. Sometimes we march in order, sometimes Night takes the lead, but we're always marching in their boot prints. Why don't we ever get to go out front?"

"Well", Orr thinks for a moment, "you never can be too sure about those kids. Day and Night, I mean. Never know when they might pull a fool stunt like starting a race, then we'll have to be able to hang back to look both ways for 'em before they cross the imp lines. Besides, we wouldn't wanna get run over either."

Letting this sink in for a moment, Orr adds, "Then again, maybe the lieutenant just likes our asses best...what do you think, Haarshi?"

Night who says ni
9 December 2005, 11:44 AM
Letting this sink in for a moment, Orr adds, "Then again, maybe the lieutenant just likes our asses best...what do you think, Haarshi?"

Well Sep this is how i look at it... I say that we have experince : you, a good bunch of privates, some healthy crazyness in Ray... and then we have the greatest looking person on this rock in here which is...well me. Kell gives a huge smile back to everyone Plus it goes without saying what you said about us killing more imps. Kell then takes out a coin and starts flipping it around his hand as he marches beside his Sarge back to base.

EZE1138
9 December 2005, 12:28 PM
Whiskey: The Alliance may die, Lance Corporal, but the rebellion never will

Tav shakes his head a bit, water dripping off the end of his oddly fitting helmet. Lance Corporal, I was less worried about the Alliance and more worried about my furry behind. Don't get me wrong. The Imperials have it coming. They don't take too kindly to anyone who doesn't look like Johnny TooHuman or that loudmouth Yug up ahead. Let's put it this way, from one scoundrel to another: When this gigs over, no matter who wins, our way of life becomes tough again. I am just pulling for the one more likely to imprison me instead of using me for target practice.

Tav marches on a bit, readjusting his pack a bit which had become waterlogged and off balance.

Sorry to blather on like that, Lance Corporal. If you don't mind, let's keep that kind of talk between you and I. I shouldn't have said it. Confuses things. I guess I want to get this mess over and behind me sometimes and I see guys like Yug over there and I remember that just because we all wear the same uniform we don't necessarily see eye to eyestalk. You know what I mean?

Ardent
9 December 2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by EZE1138
Tav shakes his head a bit, water dripping off the end of his oddly fitting helmet. Lance Corporal, I was less worried about the Alliance and more worried about my furry behind. Don't get me wrong. The Imperials have it coming. They don't take too kindly to anyone who doesn't look like Johnny TooHuman or that loudmouth Yug up ahead. Let's put it this way, from one scoundrel to another: When this gigs over, no matter who wins, our way of life becomes tough again. I am just pulling for the one more likely to imprison me instead of using me for target practice.
"The lesser of two evils? I can admit that's what it feels like sometimes, with some of the orders that come down but...like I said, I'd like to be optimistic." The somewhat worn-looking human again resettles his load, the effort of carrying the extra duffel starting to get to him. "But don't let blowhards like Yug fool you. Not all humans are inclined to follow New Order dogma, even those serving in the Empire. Mercy, Lance Corporal, may be for the weak, but only the strong can grant it."


Sorry to blather on like that, Lance Corporal. If you don't mind, let's keep that kind of talk between you and I. I shouldn't have said it. Confuses things. I guess I want to get this mess over and behind me sometimes and I see guys like Yug over there and I remember that just because we all wear the same uniform we don't necessarily see eye to eyestalk. You know what I mean?
"No need to apologize. I wasn't offended. I'm Corellian." Rand grins at the Bothan, winking. "I'll admit though, before I joined up with the Rebellion I didn't spend a whole lot of time around non-humans. It took me a long time to get used to the way a common area shared by many species, and not just humans, smelled. I was somewhat disturbed by the shape, smell and flavor of some of the rations and local foods I was offered and I certainly can't tell a Dornean from a Dresselian. But a being is a being, human or not, and what they offer to the Alliance is more important than minor details like how they accomplish ambulatory motion."

"Before I forget, Lance Corporal, is there anything you want to see from Bothawui? It's actually one of the easier places for me to requisition supplies from, although quantity isn't something I can promise." Rand brushed his hand briefly through his damp hair, shaking it off before resettling it on the triggerguard of his rifle.

boccelounge
9 December 2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Kamon
Plodding through the mud, [Daxter] confronts Yug as the Private finishes his "conversation" with Rayror... Standing before Yug, burly Daxter adopts a "serious business" face and pose, which was pretty hard to keep without bursting into laughter.

"Private Yug, a word with you, if I may... I've been hearing reports that you have been acting rather...how should I say... err...racist... to some of the non-human soldiers, and treating everyone else with much disrespect. I must say, I find this behavior appaling for a Rebellion soldier... while you're under my command, you will show every single one of your fellow soldiers with respect and dignity, because one day, your life may be in their hands, and they just might not be "fast enough" to get to you. Do you understand me, Private?
Yug looks slightly more miserable than the rest of the rain-soaked, mud-caked troopers of Delta Platoon, but he snaps around quickly, regarding his Squad Leader with hot anger.
YUG: Oh, yeah, right. You don't "like" a guy, so you threaten to frag him, is that it? That's real "Alliance" of you. Sir.
His face is a mask of contempt.
YUG: Look, sir: I volunteered to fight for this here Rebellion, and since that day I've fought as hard as any man here-- and you know it. If there are Imperial Stormtroopers shooting at us, I'm gonna kill them them, and keep them from killing the guy next ta me. If that "guy" happens to be some furry, scaly, three-eyed alien freak, I still fight like I fight. Period. He's got my back and he better know I got his... but ain't nothing in my Enlistment Papers says I gotta like the freak. Sir.



Originally posted by coldskier0320
ORR: You've got it, private. C squad brings up the rear most of the time. Why, if we went in first, there'd be no imps left for the other guys to kill. We gotta give 'em first licks, else they'll start complaning that they never get the chance.
This elicits a healthy chuckle from the new Zabrak trooper, Private Yuth Gath.
YUTH: I guess I shall have to take your word for that, Sergeant. And while we are on the subject: when, exactly, shall we be facing the "Imps," as you say? I certainly appreciate the virtues of training, training, and more training, but, well... when shall we see some real combat?


In the middle of the Delta Platoon march, Private Bo listens to the exchange between Tav and Rand.


Originally posted by Ardent
Rand: "The Alliance may die, Lance Corporal, but the rebellion never will."

Originally posted by EZE1138
Tav: "I was less worried about the Alliance and more worried about my furry behind... Let's put it this way, from one scoundrel to another: When this gigs over, no matter who wins, our way of life becomes tough again. I am just pulling for the one more likely to imprison me instead of using me for target practice."
Bo shifts his rifle uneasily, then speaks up.
BO: That's all nice talk... But do you know what I want? I want same thing the Imps want... not the emperors and generals and moffs... the real soldiers... and what every other guy who goes to war and spills his guts and gives everything he had wants... for our Republic to love us as much as we love it... That's what I want. And that's what they want. But their "Republic" is different than mine, so I guess we gotta kill each other to get what we want. Ain't nothing more to it than that.
After this uncharacteristically long (and multi-syllabic) monologue, Private BO lapses back into sullen silence, and marches on...

----------------------------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

Ardent
9 December 2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by boccelounge Bo shifts his rifle uneasily, then speaks up.
BO: That's all nice talk... But do you know what I want? I want same thing the Imps want... not the emperors and generals and moffs... the real soldiers... and what every other guy who goes to war and spills his guts and gives everything he had wants... for our Republic to love us as much as we love it... That's what I want. And that's what they want. But their "Republic" is different than mine, so I guess we gotta kill each other to get what we want. Ain't nothing more to it than that.
After this uncharacteristically long (and multi-syllabic) monologue, Private BO lapses back into sullen silence, and marches on...

Rand nods at the soldier. "I wouldn't doubt it, Private. Not for a second. Every being who enlists desires to be recognized for their sacrifices. Every soldier desires an end to war. The ones who don't...aren't soldiers, they're uniformed killers. There are a lot of the latter serving in the Empire, Private. Mark my words. Alderaan ought to be proof enough of that."

Letting the Private absorb his words, he watches as first squad's sergeant confronts Trooper Yug and nods to the Bothan Lance Corporal. "Like I said, not all humans cling to New Order dogma. Certainly no Corellian I know would. Bad karma." He again winks at the Bothan, chuckling to himself.

"So tell me, Private, where're you from? Kuat? Brentaal? Or somewhere beyond the Core?" Rand glances over his shoulder at the quiet Private who'd been listening in. "Same question for you, Lance Corporal. Bothawui... Kothlis? Somewhere else?" The middle-aged human's eyes sparkle with mischief as he directs his gaze at the Bothan.

max ordo
10 December 2005, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by boccelounge

Yug looks slightly more miserable than the rest of the rain-soaked, mud-caked troopers of Delta Platoon, but he snaps around quickly, regarding his Squad Leader with hot anger.
YUG: Oh, yeah, right. You don't "like" a guy, so you threaten to frag him, is that it? That's real "Alliance" of you. Sir.
His face is a mask of contempt.
YUG: Look, sir: I volunteered to fight for this here Rebellion, and since that day I've fought as hard as any man here-- and you know it. If there are Imperial Stormtroopers shooting at us, I'm gonna kill them them, and keep them from killing the guy next ta me. If that "guy" happens to be some furry, scaly, three-eyed alien freak, I still fight like I fight. Period. He's got my back and he better know I got his... but ain't nothing in my Enlistment Papers says I gotta like the freak. [b]Sir.

Hearing the humans response Dorn can't help but chuckle to himself

That Yug sure isn't the brightest of the bunch...But at least he stands up for himself. I can almost respect him...almost the Kel Dor thinks to himself as eveyone forms up to head out. Shortly after they are moving Dorn casually drops back to a position near Yug and falls in step with him. Word to the wise kid. Keep the comments in that narrow little head of yours and just bite your tongue and smile like you don't really care. Me personally..I could care less about how you feel about us nonhumans. No skin off my back. But I guarantee you that there are probably more than a few who would take offense. Just a little food for thought. Dorn says all this in a low voice so that nobody else will hear to well and then he picks up his pace a bit and moves away from Yug.

OOC: A mixture of Intimidate and Diplomacy please bocce. Going for the full effect here. :D

Uron Teff
10 December 2005, 05:09 AM
Walking next to the Lieutenant and the the new Private GONAR RENICI Shorrarr's thoughts are going elsewhere. I wonder on which planet we will fight next? Some backwater world? Or are we fighting to get back one of the enslaved worlds? Like Kashyyyk?
Taking another few steps he anounces word to the Lieutenant.

[Shorrarr] SIR, rouro arush uroaru. Aorur wruro wuaorw shewouro ruaorw uwora rou? Chewruaour owuroa wworuao rouar ruowa aruw "rousg rouaoruow"-rouaow? Rworua woura shorouroa rouar ruao ruwouao chewroua ruwoa Imperial worua roula?
Sir, I have a question. What is the next mission we're assigned to? I'm just wondering if this'll be another "save Headquarters"-mission? Or are we finally going to advance on any of those Imperial slave worlds?

He walks on next to the Lieutenant.

PsychoInfiltrator
10 December 2005, 06:11 AM
OOC: Sorry I disappeared for a bit. Switched Internet types, and we finally got it to work.


And I'm warning you about who you start calling names. I don't think that Rayror likes to be called Chuckles...

"Vell, I'm chuckling now, so for the moment it is an apt descriptor. But I wouldn't want to interefere with another officer's lecture." {massages jaw.}


YUG: Look, sir: I volunteered to fight for this here Rebellion, and since that day I've fought as hard as any man here-- and you know it. If there are Imperial Stormtroopers shooting at us, I'm gonna kill them them, and keep them from killing the guy next ta me. If that "guy" happens to be some furry, scaly, three-eyed alien freak, I still fight like I fight. Period. He's got my back and he better know I got his... but ain't nothing in my Enlistment Papers says I gotta like the freak. Sir

"Vell, az long as you accept that us scaly people might not like you, I'll leave the rest to the officers. Oh, here's something for your betting troubles." (Tosses Yug 20 creds.)

Rayror gets into his assigned spot, and prepares for the march.

NOTE: Any such being as in timeline as to be walking somewhere within talking distance of Rayror is free to start up a conversation with him. If noone does, consider him to just be still walking until further notice.

Stormrider
10 December 2005, 01:08 PM
Marching along with the rest of the platoon..Corporal Volos looked grim. Blue eyes held the faintest traces of anger...his face was locked into a grimace


The stupid frack face..just won't listen will he? Sithspawn! Ketran let out a soft hiss of frustration. He disliked racists...having grown up among and being raised by aliens.

djas_puhr
12 December 2005, 05:47 AM
KESTREL: I... I grew up on Imperial Center. Coruscant, that is. I don't really like people to know about it... I used ta get weird looks when I told people in the Alliance where I was from... But it doesn't matter: I'll never go back there...

Edgar looks at Kestrel and mulls over what she just stated. I know a few friends from Pathfinder School that were from Coruscant that hated the Empire. Wonder how big the underground movement is on there. Spades turns and faces Kestrel head on and quietly speaks to her so no one can hear the conversation.

Donít worry about it Kestrel, I know what you mean about getting weird looks. If it makes you feel any better I trust you completely. Heck, you were doing well up in till that ST took you down. Rather pissed me off that did. Anyways, I trust you and Iíll look out for you. Just donít go and do anything foolish like trying to assault an AT-ST okay.

Edgar looks around as the rest on Night Squad forms up and starts to head back to camp. Spades overhears Yug ranting about he doesnít have to like who he is fighting with. Well there goes Yug again. Man he needs an attitude adjustment or something. However, kid does stick by his guns even though mixed company might take offense. Spades shakes his head slowly and ignores the remarks made from the private.


[Shorrarr] SIR, rouro arush uroaru. Aorur wruro wuaorw shewouro ruaorw uwora rou? Chewruaour owuroa wworuao rouar ruowa aruw "rousg rouaoruow"-rouaow? Rworua woura shorouroa rouar ruao ruwouao chewroua ruwoa Imperial worua roula?

Yeah, I agree there bud. About time we start taking the fight to them instead of them taking the fight to us. First stop Iíd like to see is us going to Kashyyyk.

Spades continues to walk with Kestrel and carries on with his conversation.

If this seems too personal you donít have to reply. What made you not want to go back to home?

EZE1138
12 December 2005, 10:56 AM
Whiskey: "So tell me, Private, where're you from? Kuat? Brentaal? Or somewhere beyond the Core?" Rand glances over his shoulder at the quiet Private who'd been listening in. "Same question for you, Lance Corporal. Bothawui... Kothlis? Somewhere else?" The middle-aged human's eyes sparkle with mischief as he directs his gaze at the Bothan.


Me? Well, it is hard to say. Even a map wouldn't help. See, I was born on a long haul freighter...in transit. My family...well, my mother anyway...ran a freighter out of the Kolthis system. It was a little goods concern run out of Tal'cara starport. Ran mostly raw materials, ore, plasteel sheets, the like. Force only knows who my father was. Some long-eared rascal, I would assume.

Tav slugs through some mud, kicking up a puddle and strokes his smallish beard thoughtfully.

When I think about it, I doubt I touched dirt until I could walk on 2 limbs instead of 4. I thought it was the most unhealthy looking stuff imaginable.

Tav kicks another glop of mud, this time aiming it at the back of Boosey's head.

Look at me now! I can't escape the stuff! And Boosey, that was for disappearing on me.


Tav thinks a moment.

Oh, and thanks for the offer to pick up goods from Both for me. My tastes don't require cross galaxy transit, thankfully. If I can't scrounge it up wherever I land, I do without. But much appreciated.

Korwin Blade
15 December 2005, 07:31 AM
Jakk watches the contest between the Lizard dude and the New Sarge, but gets bored of it. He gets up and lights a new Cigar sucking in the smooth flavor of his second favorite thing.

He shoulders his pack and his T-21 and moves off towards the road and the way back to base. Finds a semi dry place to sit his pack and T-21 down. He sits down next to it and continues to enjoy his smoke.

He thinks Damn it sure would be nice to have some good Garqian Bourbon.


C squad! Let's move! Standard march order!"

When he hears Sargent Orr's call he jumps into line were he was told to earlier in the day. Thinking it would be good to get back to base and a hot shower.

boccelounge
27 December 2005, 09:09 AM
EXTERIOR -- A RAIN-SOAKED PLANET -- OPEN COUNTRYSIDE

Delta Platoon continues its slow march through the rain-soaked feidls and forests of this unnamed Outer Rim world. Small conversations rise and fall among the constant patter of rain.


Originally posted by Uron Teff
Walking next to the Lieutenant and the the new Private GONAR RENICI Shorrarr... anounces word to the Lieutenant.

[Shorrarr] SIR, rouro arush uroaru. Aorur wruro wuaorw shewouro ruaorw uwora rou? Chewruaour owuroa wworuao rouar ruowa aruw "rousg rouaoruow"-rouaow? Rworua woura shorouroa rouar ruao ruwouao chewroua ruwoa Imperial worua roula?
Sir, I have a question. What is the next mission we're assigned to? I'm just wondering if this'll be another "save Headquarters"-mission? Or are we finally going to advance on any of those Imperial slave worlds?

He walks on next to the Lieutenant.
Lieutenant Zak "Flash" Samson considers this for a moment. He seems to be choosing his words carefully. The The Big Blue One Regimental camp appears on the horizon as Delta Platoon marches on toward it.
FLASH: Well, I, uh, haven't gotten a definite word yet... but... well, you've been with the The Big Blue One as long as, uh, anyone here... you know how long it's been since the entire regiment was, uh, in the same place at the same time... that's, uh, all I can say, so I'll let you draw your own conclusions.. but just, uh, be ready for something more than defense duties...

EXTERIOR -- A RAIN-SOAKED PLANET -- REBEL CAMP

The Lieutenant trails off into thoughtful silence, and Delta closes the last kilometers to the Rebel encampment. The camp is large, filling a small valley. There are only a few watchtowers spread along the perimeter, and no signs of heavy defenses. A handful of larger buildings rise above the others, but the camp is dominated by rows upon rows of light, pre-fabricated shelters.

In a few minutes, the troopers of Delta Platoon find themselves in one of these shelters. The lower portion of the structure is made of tough grey duraplast; the upper part is thin white sheeting, which keeps the rain out but lets in light, giving the barracks a bright and airy atmosphere.

Despite the ever-present rain and mud outside, the interior of the Delta barracks is warm and dry. The troopers begin to strip off their muddy outer garments and settle onto their bunks. Standing near the entrance, next to Lieutenant Samson, Platoon Sergeant First Class Sinjin Grath yells out above the din of conversation:
GRATH: Alright men, women, and others! You have TWO HOURS downtime, then we will assemble for early evening PT-- that's PHYSICAL TRAINING for you Gorn-damned civvies!!! The mess hall is open for [he checks his chronometer] exactly 4 more minutes! Enjoy your vacation!
Grath turns back to Flash, says a few quiet words, Flash nods, then both men exit the barracks.

----------------------------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

darth_wyld
27 December 2005, 11:31 AM
GRATH: Alright men, women, and others! You have TWO HOURS downtime, then we will assemble for early evening PT-- that's PHYSICAL TRAINING for you Gorn-damned civvies!!! The mess hall is open for [he checks his chronometer] exactly 4 more minutes! Enjoy your vacation!

Jag looked up from the bunk he just collapsed on.

What? PT? After that? Now I want back!

He picks himself up and completes his uniform. On the way outside he sees the roster updates. He reads them twice with a frown.

Why the...

Then he shakes his head, going outside and starts looking for Sarge Nomak.

(OOC: I guess he wouldn't be inside the same barrack as we humble privates?)

PsychoInfiltrator
28 December 2005, 05:10 AM
Rayror listens to Grath, massages his jaw, and heads immediately ot the medical area, figuring that if Grath tries to include him in any part of the demonstration that involved being hit by somebody, he was unsheathing his vibroaxe.

Mack Jace
28 December 2005, 05:13 AM
After dropping his stuff onto the bunk, Ragab listened to the Sgt. Along with everyone else, he groaned, but got up and began stretching. When he finished, he was jumping around, ready for anything.

darth_wyld
28 December 2005, 05:33 AM
Picking the face of Sgt. Nomak through the crowd Jag walked over to him.

Sir, if I read that roster right I've been transfered to your squad. Is there... eermm... can you tell me why? Did I do something wrong? Or something very right? And if it's just for balance... well... PFC Karren at your service...

Ardent
28 December 2005, 08:53 PM
Scratching absently at his hair, Whiskey suddenly jerks his head about, eliciting popping sounds from his neck, and repeats the motions throughout his body, cracking and popping his joints and vertebrae. He removes his damp blouse, but remains in his wet trousers and soiled boots. With a sense of practiced motion he stretches his body out, and cracks his knuckles.

He glances at the rifle resting in the crook of his bunk and seems to consider it momentarily. He shrugs, then, and begins to make his way towards the barracks door.

Kamon
30 December 2005, 02:39 PM
Daxter followed the LT and the others into the clean and warm barracks. As he did, the whole of his body shivvered violently, goosebumps rising all over his body. Shaking like a dog, he flung water droplets all around, much to the annoyance of those around. The young Sergeant couldn't help but laugh at the uptight troopers. Oh, ged'over it, yah bunch of lilly-livers! This is fun. You didn't join the Rebellion so that you could sit around and get as fat as a hutt, didja? Cuz I sure as heck didn't. So stop complaining and get yourselves ready. Turning, Dax saw the newly transfered Private Karren walking towards him.


Sir, if I read that roster right I've been transfered to your squad. Is there... eermm... can you tell me why? Did I do something wrong? Or something very right? And if it's just for balance... well... PFC Karren at your service...
Smiling, Daxter ruffled his own hair. Heh, your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they just want you to learn from the best... Laughing loudly, the Tatooinian continued. But really, I'm not sure. Maybe they just needed to make room for others. I guess it makes sense, as we were already the Private Squad. Another snicker escaped Daxters lips at the joke. Returning his attention to his trunk, Daxter contineued to unpack.

djas_puhr
3 January 2006, 10:21 AM
GRATH: Alright men, women, and others! You have TWO HOURS downtime, then we will assemble for early evening PT-- that's PHYSICAL TRAINING for you Gorn-damned civvies!!! The mess hall is open for [he checks his chronometer] exactly 4 more minutes! Enjoy your vacation!

Edgar smirks smugly at the crack about PT. Well at least pathfinder school got me prepared for intense training. Though I was always weak in hand-to-hand, oh well they really canít touch me and my marksmanship. Edgar reaches down into his cargo vest and grabs a protein bar and quietly munches on it and continues to walk towards his bunk. Hope I still have some of that energy drink mix, sure would be good right about now.

Edgar silently reaches his bunker and opens up his lockbox. Yep, still there like I thought. Just enough powder for canteen to fill it up to three liters. Spades quietly turns and heads back to the nearest latrine and fills up his canteen with water. Smugly he heads back and changes into his PT gear and gets ready for command PT. He reaches inside his locker and finds his audio player and grabs a small data card labeled ĎWork-out Musicí and inserts it into his player. He fishes out a small set of earplugs and jacks them into the player and inserts the earplugs. He adjusts the volume to drown out the chaotic noise of the barracks and sets his chronometer for a ninety-minute count down.

Spades quietly stretches out on the floor get ready for the PT session getting mentally prepared for a minimum 10k run. Well Jas, wish you were here old buddy. Sure could use your sense of humor on a day like this. He continues to stretch out his sore muscles from the previous field exercise early this morning. Well nothing like a good PT session to stretch out your sore muscles.

With that Spades secures the audio player to his right bicep and hits the play button and begins to listen to the angry music playing in his ears.

EZE1138
3 January 2006, 12:17 PM
GRATH: Alright men, women, and others! You have TWO HOURS downtime, then we will assemble for early evening PT-- that's PHYSICAL TRAINING for you Gorn-damned civvies!!! The mess hall is open for [he checks his chronometer] exactly 4 more minutes! Enjoy your vacation!

Tav hears this and his jaw drops in awe. This is because he got a beating out there. Maybe if the Barabel took a fall right away, Grath would feel all superior. Gah! PT.

Tav looks at the stack of warm (or at least dry) clothing that he left on his bunk earlier today. This is stupid. How many raw recruits did they send us? He changes out of his wet uniform and slips into his simple drab jump suit, an outfit more suited to running around and crawling through mud...again.

He overhears Nomak snarking at his men.


Oh, ged'over it, yah bunch of lilly-livers! This is fun. You didn't join the Rebellion so that you could sit around and get as fat as a jabba, didja? Cuz I sure as heck didn't. So stop complaining and get yourselves ready.

I don't know what a "Jabba" is but yes, I joined the Rebellion to do just that: Sit around and get fat. If I wanted to run about all day like a new recruit I would have joined the Imperial Academy. As it is, we do plenty of running in this outfit...from Dantooine to Chanith IV to Hoth to...wherever they decide to put the Rebel Base next. In fact, I am surprised we didn't run as of today! We are getting too darn comfortable here without Imperials breathing down our neck.

Tav is clearly getting upset, against his better judgement. His fur, now mostly dry, is clearly rippling in anxiety though his outward appearance seems to those that don't know Bothans as somewhat calm.

So please, save it. Delta's the best because we are stupid. When everyone else is running AWAY from the Imperials we are the ones that they send towards them. The sooner the Imperials chase us off this mudball, the better. Maybe we need to pick someplace warm, sunny and comfortable. The Emporer would OBVIOUSLY not look for us there since all we seem to find are places like these. If there is a bright center to the universe, we always seem to be on the planet that is farthest from it.

Tav wads up his wet fatigues into a bundle and chucks them into a damp pile at the foot of his bunk. He slumps into his bed rack and crosses his arms, glaring at Grath.

Rulk
4 January 2006, 08:33 AM
Ric sets is heavy blaster cannon aganist the wall, along with the rest of his combat gear. After changing out of his rain, mud, and fluid soaked uniform into something more suitable for PT, he lays down on his standard military issued cot, intent to get a few minutes of sleep before training this evening.

coldskier0320
5 January 2006, 09:34 AM
Alright men, women, and others! You have TWO HOURS downtime, then we will assemble for early evening PT-- that's PHYSICAL TRAINING for you Gorn-damned civvies!!! The mess hall is open for [he checks his chronometer] exactly 4 more minutes! Enjoy your vacation!

I'm getting too old for this kinda crap..., Orr thinks to himself with a tired grin. He felt he'd done his share of PT in his day, but he also didn't see Grath as being terribly receptive to a philosophy lesson, thus he headed fr the fresher.

Walking in fully clothed, he turned the water on full blast and slowly turned in an improvised form of a washing machine. After most of the mud was rinsed out, he tossed his fatigues outside the tiny stall and continued with his shower. Emerging several minutes later feeling much better.

Arriving back at his bunk in the barracks, chilly from walking across base in a towel, he found a suitable place to hang his wet, but clean(er) fatigues, and changed to a dry sweatsuit to take a nap on his bunk.

Over the years, Orr had developed an interesting tendency to tune out background noise, but to wake up at the slightest sound that was out of the ordinary, thus he was confident he could nap for a solid hour without missing anything. Laying down, the older man closed his eyes and was asleep in seconds...

boccelounge
5 January 2006, 03:17 PM
EXTERIOR -- A RAIN-SOAKED PLANET -- REBEL CAMP -- DELTA PLATOON BARRACKS


Originally posted by coldskier0320
Laying down, [Orr] closed his eyes and was asleep in seconds...

... and awakes two hours later, having slept a bit longer than he'd intended. Most of the platoon has made its way to the mess hall and back, and are changing into training gear for what everyone assumes will be another of Sgt. Grath's evening runs around the valley.

A group of troopers, including Corporal "Spades" McGregor, PFCs Kestrel, Karren, and Laman, Privates Yuth Gath and Erad Vield, and a few others, are talking nearby "Sep" Orr's bunk. Lance Corporal Ruk'Bun sits nearby, sitting on his bunk in barely-contained agitation.

Vield sees Orr stirring, and yells over to him.
ERAD: Hey Sarge! Guess what we heard down at the mess? Some guys from Beta Platoon are saying that the offensive's been cancelled. They say the Imp battle fleet pulled out of the Outer Rim and is headed back to the Bestine anchorage... so our Inner Rim missions have been called off and we might stay camped here for weeks and weeks!
He beams with obvious glee at this proposition. The Zabrak trooper next to him shakes his head in gentle disagreement.
YUTH: The young Private has been trying to convince us all of the veracity of his... "sources"... but thus far it consists merely of so many "they says" and "I heard from a guy who heard from a guy... ." I would not take such gossip to heart.
PFC Kestrel sighs wistfully.
KESTREL: Sure would be nice if it was true, though, and we were staying around here... warm beds, hot chow... a distinct lack of guys in armored transports shooting me... a girl could get used to this, rain, Grath, and all.
----------------------------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

Uron Teff
8 January 2006, 06:26 AM
[Grath] Alright men, women, and others! You have TWO HOURS downtime, then we will assemble for early evening PT-- that's PHYSICAL TRAINING for you Gorn-damned civvies!!! The mess hall is open for [he checks his chronometer] exactly 4 more minutes! Enjoy your vacation!


Only seconds before Shorrarr has entered the barrack only to witness the Sergeant First Class Grath yell. Four minutes... that's plenty of time to get to the mess... FOUR MINUTES!!!
WIth long steps Shorrarr gets through the room, instantly throws his gear and the heavy repeating blaster on his bunk and returns at the exit. If you don't want to eat Rayror's so called food again you should hurry, Shorrarr.
Fifteen seconds and a 200 m sprint later the huge Wookiee appears in the doorway of the mess hall. With wonderful smell of raw meat in his nose the Wookiee moves towards the kitchen.
Standing in front of the kitchen his view falls upon the crono hanging over the entrance. 1301 CST. Puh... I barely made it. With joy and hunger fighting inside his body he turns to face the kitchen and the kitchen personal. With a cheery voice he addresses a female human
from the kitchen personal.
[Shorrarr] Rourar aoruwo wrourra aruwo wwrouro rouw Nerf.
I'd like to have some of the raw nerf.
After finishing the sentence the woman looks him straight in the face and answeres in a cold and cruel way.
[Rebel Kitchen Employee] Sorry. But you're too late. I cannot give you anything to eat.

The cruelty of these words strike Shorrarrs entrails hard. No... food?! After the first confusion in his mind the anger arises in him and he leans foreward towards the kitchen employee.
[Shorrarr] Rour aurwo owur arrour wouar aarruo shewouar rouaow woura chewroura?
What do you mean by saying I'm late and I cannot get the raw nerf?
[Rebel Kitchen Employee] Well, you're late and I've got the order not to serve any food after 1300. Sorry.
[Shorrarr] Roura? ROURA! Ouaruo chewrou rouao "ROURA"!
Sorry? SORRY! My hunger won't go away from "SORRY"!

With this word the wookiee stands more 70 centimeter above the female kitchen employee. Anger flashing from his eyes down at the women.
[Shorrarr] Rouro roaurow wrrauor worua cheworua shoroua worua oaurwo aouro wwrua rruao?
You said there is no food left or that you don't want to give me food?
[Rebel Kitchen Employee] Well, there is still food lest in the kit...
[Shorrarr] WRRUO?!? Rowu woua wrroua shrouw aourwo arwou wroauow rruow?
WHAT?!? There is still food left and you don't want to serve it?
[Rebel Kitchen Employee] As I told you, I only have the permission to serve food till 1300. And as you can see, it's 1302.

Turning on his heals he takes a swift look at the mess hall. Few soldiers where sitting there and eating the rest of their food. I've got to try it. he thinks and moves without hesitation towards the entrance. Standing in the entrance the cronometer was almost in reach of his arms. Need to stretch a bit more. Almost got it... Got it!
Reaching with his arms upwards Shorrarr grabs the cronometer and pulls it down. He turns the cronometer, makes short adjustments at its rear and returns it to the place where it hang before. Not doublechecking what he had done he turns and walks back to the astonished looking kitchen employee he had spoken before.
[Shorrarr] Roura shewour aoruw wrrou: Rourar aoruwo wrourra aruwo wwrouro rouw Nerf.
Well let's try this again: I'd like to have some raw nerf.
[Rebel Kitchen Employee] Hm... I have to say that I'm not supposed to serve you after...

Making a step to the side and pointing with his left paw at the cronometer Shorrarr finishes the sentence for the kitchen employee.
[Shorrarr]... 1300. Rura! Shrouaw oauw wuroa woura 1255. Rour sheworu rouao rouao ashewour rouaw oua wwrour ruao Nerf.
... 1300. Right! But as you can see it's 1255. So more than enough time to stop arguing and give some of this lovely Nerf meat.

Total bewildered the femal kitchen employee shacks her head and turns to walk back into the kitchen. Few seconds later she returns with a plate full of Nerf. Looking once again at the huge Wookiee standing in front of her he puts down the plate infront of the Wookiee and mubles something about getting more.
Three plates and 15 Nerf steaks later Shorrarr leaves the mess hall to get back to the barracks and joining his platoon.

Stormrider
9 January 2006, 06:26 AM
GRATH: Alright men, women, and others! You have TWO HOURS downtime, then we will assemble for early evening PT-- that's PHYSICAL TRAINING for you Gorn-damned civvies!!! The mess hall is open for [he checks his chronometer] exactly 4 more minutes! Enjoy your vacation!


Nothing like a good run to get your spirits up......even if it is across a mudball in the middle of nowhere. Ket grinned widely...blue eyes glinted with laughter.

It was a startling change from the grim faced corporal that had been on the battlefield. Stepping into the fresher the young man stripped off his muddy fatigues and ducked into the welcoming confines of the shower..turning on the water..he let the hot water sluice away the filth and stress.

A sad smile would cross Ketrans features as the sensation reminded him of a little site on Kashyyyk...a hot spring. He and Lowya went there all the time.....

......I'll come for you Lowya.....if it's the last thing I do.....Kashyyyk will be freed...or I'll die trying.

Two hours later

Ket had exited his shower...and hit the sack. His sleep had been nice and dreamless.. He awoke to the sounds of voices talking near Sergeant Orr's bunk.



ERAD: Hey Sarge! Guess what we heard down at the mess? Some guys from Beta Platoon are saying that the offensive's been cancelled. They say the Imp battle fleet pulled out of the Outer Rim and is headed back to the Bestine anchorage... so our Inner Rim missions have been called off and we might stay camped here for weeks and weeks!


That'd be nice..if it's true.....anyway the High Command will find some crazy operation for us to go on. They always do. Ketran noted with a laugh.

Quickly the young trooper switched into PT gear..a black jumpsuit made for rough weather. From his personal possessions he withdrew a small holodisc player.
He popped in a disc with a mix of different artists and styles. From jiz to the old and outdated country with a few Wookiee drum beats mixed in for good measure.

fitting the small head phones snugly into place..Ket turned the volume up high enough to hear the music but still low enough still be able to hear orders or someone speaking to him.

Ardent
9 January 2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by boccelounge
Vield sees Orr stirring, and yells over to him.
ERAD: Hey Sarge! Guess what we heard down at the mess? Some guys from Beta Platoon are saying that the offensive's been cancelled. They say the Imp battle fleet pulled out of the Outer Rim and is headed back to the Bestine anchorage... so our Inner Rim missions have been called off and we might stay camped here for weeks and weeks!
He beams with obvious glee at this proposition. The Zabrak trooper next to him shakes his head in gentle disagreement.
YUTH: The young Private has been trying to convince us all of the veracity of his... "sources"... but thus far it consists merely of so many "they says" and "I heard from a guy who heard from a guy... ." I would not take such gossip to heart.
PFC Kestrel sighs wistfully.
KESTREL: Sure would be nice if it was true, though, and we were staying around here... warm beds, hot chow... a distinct lack of guys in armored transports shooting me... a girl could get used to this, rain, Grath, and all.
Whiskey chuckles to himself as he pulls himself off his rack.

"Private, around the same time that happens we'll be dead. As far as I can tell, we're all still kicking, so I'd stifle the idea that the offensive's been cancelled. Even if it has, all that means is a bigger, more dangerous offensive is replacing it." The wry Lance Corporal winks at the younger man. "In the meantime, you worry about shooting straight, and the Lieutenant will worry about who we're shooting at, copy?"

He yawns briefly and then takes a sip of water from a nearby canteen.

"Besides, another few weeks on this miserable ball of rain and I think I'll officially be an amphibian. No offense." The Lance Corporal nods to Ragab. "If I've gotta be stuck on some backwater, let it be Bespin," he adds with a grin.

coldskier0320
9 January 2006, 05:39 PM
Orr rolls slowly into a sitting position as he returns to full consciousness. Shaking his head, he says to everyone, with an approving smile to the new S&P kid, Whiskey,

"Well boys and girls, I've been in a military unit of one sort or another for most of my life, and just about all of yours, excepting of course our resident wookiee. I've learned alot in this time, everything from how to make a chemical bomb and the breath masks to nullify it with nothing but a common cleaning droid to the best way to catch and eat one of those damn crustaceans from the tidewaters of Kashyyyk without smashing the thing to bits OR losing digits. I've also learned alot about military life. And in my experience, rumors are usually only good for one thing: Anomid exercise.

"Yep, I think that your safest bet would be either to ignore the rumors all together, or, if ya must, consider them an indication of what we'll probably not do."

As he is speaking, Orr finishes dressing in his PT gear, and rearranges his wet, but clean fatigues for faster drying.

"But what do i know?", he finishes with a friendly grin to those assembled.

darth_wyld
12 January 2006, 05:54 AM
Jag Karren now wore his PT outfit, his uniform draped around his bunk to dry from cleaning.


ERAD: Hey Sarge! Guess what we heard down at the mess? Some guys from Beta Platoon are saying that the offensive's been cancelled. They say the Imp battle fleet pulled out of the Outer Rim and is headed back to the Bestine anchorage... so our Inner Rim missions have been called off and we might stay camped here for weeks and weeks!

I Don't know if that really makes me happy...


KESTREL: Sure would be nice if it was true, though, and we were staying around here... warm beds, hot chow... a distinct lack of guys in armored transports shooting me... a girl could get used to this, rain, Grath, and all.

...extra training followed by special training and allnight PT so we don't turn soft...I'd guess that Grath's got some degrees in "You won't get used to me!" at "Brake-em-all-University"


"If I've gotta be stuck on some backwater, let it be Bespin," he adds with a grin.

Yeah, that's what I call entertainment he said with a grin.

boccelounge
16 January 2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Stormrider
"The High Command will find some crazy operation for us to go on. They always do."
- Corporal Ketran Volos


INTERIOR -- A RAIN-SOAKED PLANET -- REBEL CAMP -- DELTA PLATOON BARRACKS

A cold, wet, and most of all tired Delta Platoon slumps back to its barracks-house. Sergeant Grath's "evening PT" was just as grueling and seemingly gratuitous as the troopers had come to expect.

Two men are standing inside as Grath and the tired platoon return. The taller man is Lieutenant Zak "Flash" Samson, commander of the Delta. The other is a familiar face to many of the troopers: Augusto "AJ" Juliaan, the platoon's former Intelligence Liason. AJ is dressed in crisp Alliance duty fatigues marked with the IntelService emblem. He holds a small stack of datapads, and waits attentively while Flash studies another 'pad.

Flash slowly looks up as the Delta shuffles in out of the rain. He says a quick word to AJ, then clears his throat to address the whole platoon.
FLASH: Attention, uh, people! We've, uh, just received new orders. As you may know, changes in, uh, Imperial force profiles has led to the, uh, cancellation of the The Big Blue One's planned offensive .
He scans the room briefly, making sure everyone hears him.
FLASH: Now, Phoenix Company has been given a new assignment, codenamed "Operation Daybreak." Each Platoon Commander has been, uh, ordered to form a small detachment for a raid on an Imperial Supply Depot. This looks to be a pretty standard snatch-and-grab mission; but I'd rather have, uh, volunteers. Let me see some hands. .


OOC: Anyone who wishes to can submit Sense Motive checks, please (you roll).


OOC: And I really do need volunteers. First come, first serve. Anyone who doesn't make it into this mission will just be on "reserve" status for a while. :)

----------------------------------------


Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

EZE1138
16 January 2006, 10:00 AM
This looks to be a pretty standard snatch-and-grab mission; but I'd rather have, uh, volunteers. Let me see some hands.

Tav hears this and thinks a bit to himself. Anything to get me out of useless PT and practice runs. My days as some wet-behind-the-ears pup are long over.

Tav raises his hand as his ears flatten to his head and his fur ripples slightly.

djas_puhr
16 January 2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by boccelounge

Flash slowly looks up as the Delta shuffles in out of the rain. He says a quick word to AJ, then clears his throat to address the whole platoon.
FLASH: Attention, uh, people! We've, uh, just received new orders. As you may know, changes in, uh, Imperial force profiles has led to the, uh, cancellation of the The Big Blue One's planned offensive .
He scans the room briefly, making sure everyone hears him.
FLASH: Now, Phoenix Company has been given a new assignment, codenamed "Operation Daybreak." Each Platoon Commander has been, uh, ordered to form a small detachment for a raid on an Imperial Supply Depot. This looks to be a pretty standard snatch-and-grab mission; but I'd rather have, uh, volunteers. Let me see some hands. .

Edgar quietly weighs his options and reaches for his own datapad. He quickly updates his personal information. With that he stares right at Lt. Flash and gages what is about to come. He starts walking towards Lt. Flash and hands him his personal datapad.

Sir, here is my update personal information. I am volunteering for this mission, knowing full well that I may not return from this mission. I'm a decent scout but I'm a better sniper, I think I've got the skills that this small detachment is going to need to survive whatever is at the depot.

Edgar stands waiting to hear what ever the El-Tee has to say.

coldskier0320
16 January 2006, 10:13 AM
Sense Motive: 16 (roll) + 0 (mod) = 16

[Placeholder, pending a results PM]

Night who says ni
16 January 2006, 10:15 AM
FLASH: Now, Phoenix Company has been given a new assignment, codenamed "Operation Daybreak." Each Platoon Commander has been, uh, ordered to form a small detachment for a raid on an Imperial Supply Depot. This looks to be a pretty standard snatch-and-grab mission; but I'd rather have, uh, volunteers. Let me see some hands.

Kell stands up from his chair in the back of the room. Sir I'll be among the first one to volenteer, but I'm sure that we all would want a little more information on the mission. I'll be going no matter what it is though.Kell sits down in his seat and thinks hopefully this time I can do what I do best....

(O.O.C. Sense Motive - Roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=337262) (17)+ Mod (0)

darth_wyld
16 January 2006, 10:37 AM
Raids are my favorite, count me in!!
But some details might be nice!

So, it's back to looting and stealing. Fine, fine...

OOC:

Sense motive (1d20+4=23) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=337300)

max ordo
16 January 2006, 12:11 PM
Hearing the LT's word Dorn shakes his head and thinks to himself Volunteers huh....I'm in


I'd like to volunteer sir. Sittin round here on my duff while others are working doesn't sit right with me."

Ardent
16 January 2006, 02:47 PM
Whiskey scratches at his chin for a moment.
"I know my way around Imperial Supply Depots, Lieutenant. I expect my knowledge would be valuable on this raid. You can consider my services volunteered."

OOC Sense Motive roll:
Roll(1d20)+7:
14,+7
Total:21

Mack Jace
16 January 2006, 04:44 PM
Ragab listens attentively to the Lieutenant, and raises his hand to volunteer when the Lt. is done.

Sir, I'd like to volunteer. Things might get pretty rough in there, and I'm the guy who would have the most chance of gettin everybody back alive. (He looks around to the others and shrug his shoulders) No offense.

Uron Teff
16 January 2006, 06:20 PM
[FLASH] Now, Phoenix Company has been given a new assignment, codenamed "Operation Daybreak." Each Platoon Commander has been, uh, ordered to form a small detachment for a raid on an Imperial Supply Depot. This looks to be a pretty standard snatch-and-grab mission; but I'd rather have, uh, volunteers. Let me see some hands.

Seconds later Shorrarr counts eight volunteers for the so called "Operation Daybrak". What a bunch of crazy fools we are...
Not hesitating and with a full stomach he steps away from his bunk towards the Lieutenant.

[Shorrarr] Ruorr, shewourorua rouaw owaur oaurw chaorua? Rouaro wouar woura, roua!
Well, don't we all need a little supporting fire? Count me in, sir.

I guess, the Lieutenant can pick the personal he thinks that fits best for this mission. And with a huge Wookiee smile he stands there and await the Lieutenants next announcement.

Stormrider02
17 January 2006, 04:48 AM
You'll need a tech to slice open or disable any security systems we find....and a pilot to make the getaway if we go by land or if things get nasty.... I'm in! Ketran said with a touch of somberness..combined with his usual merry grin....The Deltas knew Ket was the best when it came to anything dealing with tech..... or concering land transports.....especially the piloting part.



Finally! Something to break up the boring routine! He thought cheerfully...A touch of fear nagged at the back of his mind.....

Rulk
17 January 2006, 12:16 PM
Sir, I didn't join this army to sit around in a hole. I'm in, If you'll take me."

OOC: 1d20+0=19
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=338593
No offense about sitting in a hole, Bocce.

PsychoInfiltrator
17 January 2006, 04:21 PM
"The prozpect of close-quarterz combat with someone I can kill makez me hungry. I'm in. ... Shall I go prepare provizions? One never knowz what can go wrong, and it would be good to be prepared. Besides, we can always feaszt on the way back."

Uron Teff
18 January 2006, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Stormrider02
[Ketran] You'll need a tech to slice open or disable any security systems we find....and a pilot to make the getaway if we go by land or if things get nasty.... I'm in!

Within a few sconds Shorrarr walks through the room and stands next to Ketran. With a huge Wookiee grin he opens his mouth to speak.

[Shorrarr] Arou, shrour roauw warrow roau rwoua sheworoua roua wourao uroa?
Well, who wouldn't need this youngling here on a mission like this?

Putting his huge paw on Ketrans shoulder growls and giggles can be heard coming out of the Wookiees mouth.

[Shorrarr] Roush ouoaro wrrou rauoww ruaow ouroa, rrshawro rouoaw. Roush oruaowo ruoaw oruoawsh rwoura orwuo, rrshawro rouoaw. Rroua waruwo awwrwo aowur sheowur.
If you want someone who fits for the job, take the youngling. If you need someone for another job, take the youngling. He should be first choice on every kind of kob.

After finishing the sentence and within a glimose of a second Shorrarr's paw moves from Ketran's shoulder upwards and tousles his hair beyond a state where it could be called a hairstyle.

Kamon
18 January 2006, 06:03 PM
Daxter stepped out from the crowd of soldiers into the view of the LT and others.
Err...if theres anymore room for volunteers, sir, I'd gladly be interested. I'm sure you could always use a strong hand to help you out, especially if things get a little too close...

boccelounge
25 January 2006, 07:29 PM
Previously, on Tales of the Big Blue One:

FLASH: Attention, uh, people... each Platoon Commander has been, uh, ordered to form a small detachment for a raid on an Imperial Supply Depot. This looks to be a pretty standard snatch-and-grab mission; but I'd rather have, uh, volunteers. Let me see some hands.

--------------------

OOC: Anyone who succeeds at a DC 15 Sense Motive check sees that "Flash" doesn't sound very sincere when he labels this a "standard snatch-and-grab mission."

--------------------

The Lieutenant stands attentively as Delta Platoon troopers begin to volunteer. He nods approvingly as each checks in.


Originally posted by EZE1138
Tav raises his hand as his ears flatten to his head and his fur ripples slightly.

Originally posted by djas_puhr
Edgar... walk[s] towards Lt. Flash and hands him his personal datapad.

"Sir, here is my update personal information. I am volunteering for this mission, knowing full well that I may not return from this mission. I'm a decent scout but I'm a better sniper, I think I've got the skills that this small detachment is going to need to survive whatever is at the depot."
FLASH: Good, good. Ruk'bun, McGregor: glad to have you both.


Originally posted by coldskier0320
[Placeholder, pending a results PM]
[GM's Placeholder, pending a new dialogue post.] ;)


Originally posted by Night who says ni
Kell stands up from his chair in the back of the room. "Sir I'll be among the first one to volenteer, but I'm sure that we all would want a little more information on the mission. I'll be going no matter what it is though."

Originally posted by darth_wyld
Karren: "Raids are my favorite, count me in!! But some details might be nice!"
FLASH: Yes, well, uh, I'm also sure that you both realize that, uh, this is the army; what I've given you is all you get.
Flash attempts a wan smile, playing this for a joke; but there seems to be some deeper worry behind the attempt.

--------------------

OOC: Those who failed the first check have another chance to succeed at Sense Motive (DC 15) check; anyone who does shares the impression that there's more to this "standard snatch-and-grab mission" than Flash is letting on.

--------------------



Originally posted by max ordo
Dorn: "I'd like to volunteer sir. Sittin round here on my duff while others are working doesn't sit right with me."

Originally posted by Ardent
Whiskey scratches at his chin for a moment. "I know my way around Imperial Supply Depots, Lieutenant. I expect my knowledge would be valuable on this raid. You can consider my services volunteered."
FLASH: Yes, Dorn... good. And Tarn... uh, thank you... and I, uh... I guess I should admit that you were already considered "volunteered" for this. It, uh, shouldn't be hard to figure out that this raid was the reason behind your, uh, transfer to Delta.
Flash grins knowingly.


Originally posted by Mack Jace
Ragab listens attentively to the Lieutenant, and raises his hand to volunteer when the Lt. is done.

"Sir, I'd like to volunteer. Things might get pretty rough in there, and I'm the guy who would have the most chance of gettin everybody back alive. (He looks around to the others and shrug his shoulders) No offense."
FLASH: Yes, uh, my thoughts exactly. Glad to have you, Corpsman.


Originally posted by Uron Teff
Not hesitating and with a full stomach [Shorrarr] steps away from his bunk towards the Lieutenant.

[Shorrarr] Ruorr, shewourorua rouaw owaur oaurw chaorua? Rouaro wouar woura, roua!
"Well, don't we all need a little supporting fire? Count me in, sir."
Lieutenant Samson looks puzzled for a moment, until one of the Shyriiwook-speaking troopers gives him an affirmative nod.
FLASH: Good, very good. I was, uh, hoping to have you with us, son.


Originally posted by Stormrider02
Ketran: "You'll need a tech to slice open or disable any security systems we find....and a pilot to make the getaway if we go by land or if things get nasty... I'm in!"

Originally posted by Rulk
Ric: Sir, I didn't join this army to sit around in a hole. I'm in, If you'll take me."

OOC: No offense about sitting in a hole, Bocce.
FLASH: That could, uh, very well be the case, Corporal Volos. Laman: welcome aboard.
OOC: No offense taken; after all, I'm the one who put you guys in a slimey mud-hole... :P ;)



Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
Rayror: "The prozpect of close-quarterz combat with someone I can kill makez me hungry. I'm in. ... Shall I go prepare provizions? One never knowz what can go wrong, and it would be good to be prepared. Besides, we can always feaszt on the way back."

Originally posted by Kamon
Daxter stepped out from the crowd of soldiers into the view of the LT and others.

"Err...if theres anymore room for volunteers, sir, I'd gladly be interested. I'm sure you could always use a strong hand to help you out, especially if things get a little too close..."
Flash pauses for a second, thinking over who he has so far.
FLASH: Uh, well, good, Corporal, Sergeant... We, uh, hope it won't come to close-quarter fighting... so I guess that means it, uh, will...
Two more troopers raise their hands: PFCs Kestrel and Yug. Kestrel tries to put on a brave front; Yug looks as seething and cocky as ever.
KESTREL: So, we're taking a small, under-gunned detachment into a high-security Imp Depot? Count me! I won't let you guys go this alone...

YUG: And certainly I won't won't be outdone by inferior... "ranks."
A few others start to chime in, but Lieutenant Samson cuts them off.
FLASH: No, no, that'll do it. That's, uh, enough. Prep time begins, uh, now. Pack your combat gear and report to the Quartermaster. They, uh, already know you're coming.
Stepping forward, Platoon Sergeant Grath bellows out.
GRATH: Alright, sweethearts! You heard the man and you know the drill! Five minutes to pack, then form on me for march over to the Q-M! Let's move it!
Flash puts a hand on Grath's shoulder, and cuts him off.
FLASH: Uh, no, Sergeant, that won't be necessary.

Listen up, people: Sergeant Grath will assume command while, uh, I'm gone. Sergeant Kay'Bain is Acting Platoon Sergeant. PFC Kupurr will assist as Squad leader...
----------------------------------------


Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

coldskier0320
25 January 2006, 07:44 PM
Catching the slight off tone of the Lieutenant, Orr's insides rumble. Whatever it was, it probably wasn't going to be pretty. Orr figured he'd get alot of the kids. And although Samson had managed to pull it together back on Hoth, he didn't want these guys' lives to depend on it. If and when the poodoo hit the ventilator, there were few in the unit that Orr would be comfortable with them calling the shots. He was one of them, and Grath was another. Past that, he didn't know of anyone here who'd seen anything similar to the situations he'd faced on a regular basis with the CIS.

"I'll be coming along, sir. You'll need as much experience as you can get, and they don't get much more experienced than me and Grath here before they fossilize."

Ardent
25 January 2006, 08:38 PM
Whiskey pulls on his uniform overcoat and begins to consolidate supplies into his rucksack. His E-11 is recovered from underneath his bunk and slung over his shoulder. Hauling his rucksack up over his other shoulder, he begins to help the nearest person get themselves ready.

Mentally, he's already considering this "standard snatch-and-grab" and recalling the standard layouts for Imperial depots and a typical garrison compliment. He noticed the quaver in the lieutenant's demeanor as he passed the mission off as standard and was trying to figure out what any depot local to this mudball could have that the Alliance would risk a special forces team to recover. His thoughts weren't pleasant...

max ordo
25 January 2006, 11:40 PM
FLASH: Yes, Dorn... good. And Tarn... uh, thank you... and I, uh... I guess I should admit that you were already considered "volunteered" for this. It, uh, shouldn't be hard to figure out that this raid was the reason behind your, uh, transfer to Delta.

Why yessir it is the reason I transferred. Hope I'm not the only one here who can manage to be quiet when needed The Kel Dor thinks to himself as he glances towards the Wookie and the Lizard that are accompanying the group.



YUG: And certainly I won't won't be outdone by inferior... "ranks."

Hearing Yug's comment Dorn says under his breath "Will that kid ever learn to keep his trap shut?"

Once the LT is done and Grath gets the yelling out of his system Dorn moves quickly to get his gear together, and double checks his KD 30 making sure its well oiled and full loaded and almost as an after thought he jams two extra clips of ammo in his belt for the pistol You haven't failed me yet he thinks silently to his pistol.

Once ready "Alright boyos get them lazy bones-a-moving and lets get this show on the road...." as he heads out (double time) to the QM.

Night who says ni
26 January 2006, 12:15 PM
GRATH: Alright, sweethearts! You heard the man and you know the drill! Five minutes to pack, then form on me for march over to the Q-M! Let's move it!

Here we go ... again, somethings up with this though... Kell thinks to himself as me packs his few belongings into his duffle bag and holstering weapons and things of the such. Kell then follows the rest out the room towards Q-M mingling and making small talk.

Rulk
27 January 2006, 12:31 PM
Ric gathers up his bag of possessions, mentally checking everything off as he places it in his backpack. Finally he picks up his blaster belt, fastens it, shoulders his Heavy Blaster Cannon, puts on his rain coat, and prepares to walk over to QM. Finally, some action...

PsychoInfiltrator
27 January 2006, 02:01 PM
Rayror gears back up, makes sure his ammmunition is live, recharges the cellon his vibroaxe, and heads for the mess. Shortly before the forces are sent out, he returns with the rest of his large pack bulging.

He then remarks to whoever listening that cooking is fun.

Booce-see PM for skill checks.

djas_puhr
28 January 2006, 09:28 AM
Edgar nods silently and heads back to his bunk. He reaches into his foot locker and grabs his stuff and packs it in his field kit. His rifle is laying across his bunk in ready condition with four power packs by it. Well thinking about last time I'd say I better grab some extra clips just in case from QM.

Edgar grabs his Ghillie Suit and looks into his Utility Belt. Looks like I need two new frag grenades and I'll swap out my stun grenades for smokers. Wonder if the QM gots two BioTech FastFlesh Medpacs, not that I hope I have to use them...

Ragab, if you can could you give me a little refresher on basic first aid I think I'll be ready

Edgar quietly walks with the rest of the group to the QMs post. Wonder if I should take a side arm...

Mack Jace
29 January 2006, 08:01 AM
Ragab gathers his medical stuff together, strapping his Med Backpack across his back. He picks up his carbine, and tries to find a way to make it more of a close-combat weapon, since they would be in fairly close quarters with the enemy.

I wonder if mabye the QM has a bayonet attachment for this baby. I'll have to stock up on some frags and maybe some stun grenades too.

Ragab walks next to Spades and listens to his request.

Sure thing. The first thing you have to do is stop the bleeding, if any. Sometimes a blaster bolt will cauterize the wound for you, but if not, you're gonna have to do that. After that's done, it's fairly straightforward: you just slap on a bacta-patch and be on your way. You don't have to worry about any of the more serious injuries, otherwise I'd be out of a job.

Ragab chuckles to himself, and walks away as long as Spades doesn't have any questions.

Uron Teff
30 January 2006, 10:36 AM
[Grath] Alright, sweethearts! You heard the man and you know the drill! Five minutes to pack, then form on me for march over to the Q-M! Let's move it!

Within seconds Shorrarr moved back from the gathering around the Sergeant First Class and Lieutenant Samson to his bunk where he had deposited all his gear. With Private First Class Gonar Renici sitting at the bunk on the left he packed everthing he needed in the pocket in his armor and in the shoulder bag. Viewing the heavy power generator standing on the floor his shoulders drop down a bit. Hm, now I have to carry this heavy thing on my back for the next... how long will we be gone?
Turning instantly leaving the heavy repeating blaster and the power generator at his bunk he walks to Lieutenant Flash with a questioning flash in his eyes.

[Shorrarr] Rour, aroush oru oauro shrour. Rourao rouwo wrworu wouar wou-oruowu-roushew rou. Rourouw wrouoa wruao rwour wrruuoa shewrou wouraow wour? Roru wouraow rowua woruaow shewrou chroura wouraw ouwrao owura shewrouro Quarter Master?
Sir, I've got a question. You said this will be a smash-and-grab job. Therefore is there a need for the power generator? Or is there an option to aquire power cells for the heavy repeating blaster at the Quarter Master?

EZE1138
30 January 2006, 11:05 AM
It seemed like days, even weeks since they have been in the barracks, though Tav knew it was only a couple of hours. He pulls on a clean uniform, grabs his gear and forms up on Grath.

Without catching his eye, he mutters, Sarge, that lizard totally beat you up. You sure you are okay to go on this run?

Tav grins sheepishly and waits to move out.

Kamon
31 January 2006, 03:30 PM
Flash pauses for a second, thinking over who he has so far.
FLASH: Uh, well, good, Corporal, Sergeant... We, uh, hope it won't come to close-quarter fighting... so I guess that means it, uh, will...


Daxter smiles widely, obviously happy to have been accepted for this mission. He didn't feel like sitting in the barracks while everyone else was out seeing action, so this was exactly what he desired.
Walking back to the HQ, Daxter tosses what few posessions he still has into his pack. Taking up his new blaster, the Sergeant formulates an idea. Tearing off a strip of his shirt, Dax ties his vibrodagger onto the blaster, creating a make-shift bayonet. For when those damn Stormies get too close... Charge 'em, blastin' the whole time, and then shove this into their chest.
Ready, he walked briskley back to the gathering, waiting for further orders.

darth_wyld
3 February 2006, 01:40 AM
Nodding grimly Jag switched into a new set of fatigues and packed his stuff.

He doublechecked his weapons and euquipment and went to the QM.

Unknown terrain, unknown enemy... the more things change, the more they stay the same...

Stormrider
5 February 2006, 07:26 AM
Humming cheerily. Ketran assembled his equipment.stuffing it into various pouches in his belt. The blaster carbine was slung across one shoulder and his trusty ELG-3A holstered at his hip.


Of course he carried the most important item of all..his Toolkit.


For someone about to go conduct a dangerous raid on an Imperial Supply Depot..Ketran sure was in a good mood.


Any chance of getting a security kit El-tee? If we encounter any secuity systems or locks I'll need it


Ket headed for the QM . his usual grin in place.

I wonder what supplies the depot will have......probably food and ammo.....but who knows.

djas_puhr
15 February 2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Mack Jace

Sure thing. The first thing you have to do is stop the bleeding, if any. Sometimes a blaster bolt will cauterize the wound for you, but if not, you're gonna have to do that. After that's done, it's fairly straightforward: you just slap on a bacta-patch and be on your way. You don't have to worry about any of the more serious injuries, otherwise I'd be out of a job.

Ragab chuckles to himself, and walks away as long as Spades doesn't have any questions. [/B]

Edgar nods and continues to walk with the group to the QM. Wonder if I should take a side arm. Thinking along the lines of a DL-44 Heavy Blaster, might be useful. With that Edgar continues to walk silently with the group wondering about their next mission into the unknown.

Ardent
16 February 2006, 04:40 PM
Whiskey waves over any NCO paying attention and asks a question weighing heavily on his mind: "Do any of you have any experience against emplaced Imperial garrison troops?"

Nodding at the various comments, he continues: "Because that's what we'll be facing in this raid. These troops will be comfortable with their drilled defense plan and know the standardized layout like the back of their hand; better than most of us will leastways. If we're really unlucky they'll have modified the facility to "deviate from the norm" enough to have affected their defense protocols. I won't even be able to guess at that until we get inside, honestly." Scratching at his neck he frowns.

"I have a bad feeling about this, frankly. If High Command cancelled an offensive to mount this raid it's big. We're either way lower on supplies than I've been lead to believe or there's something in this facility they really want -- which, by deduction means the Empire really wants -- which means we're in for a galaxy of trouble. Anyone have any clue what other assets have been mobilized for this raid?"

djas_puhr
17 February 2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Ardent
Whiskey waves over any NCO paying attention and asks a question weighing heavily on his mind: "Do any of you have any experience against emplaced Imperial garrison troops?"

Spades looks over at Whiskey and speaks openly with him

Sorry, only experience I have with Imp Garrisons are leading a bunch of yahoo's into the fight and picking off personal on the embattlements.


Nodding at the various comments, he continues: "Because that's what we'll be facing in this raid. These troops will be comfortable with their drilled defense plan and know the standardized layout like the back of their hand; better than most of us will leastways. If we're really unlucky they'll have modified the facility to "deviate from the norm" enough to have affected their defense protocols. I won't even be able to guess at that until we get inside, honestly." Scratching at his neck he frowns.

"I have a bad feeling about this, frankly. If High Command cancelled an offensive to mount this raid it's big. We're either way lower on supplies than I've been lead to believe or there's something in this facility they really want -- which, by deduction means the Empire really wants -- which means we're in for a galaxy of trouble. Anyone have any clue what other assets have been mobilized for this raid?"

Edgar takes all this in and nods silently in agreement. Last raid he was on was the one at Ord Mirit shortly after the Battle of Yavin. That was my first assignment after I joined, and that was some poodoo too.

Well I hope that theyíre lax in their defenses for are part. Scuttlebutt is weíre the only Ďunití being deployed for this OP. Think this is a solo OP, only support is us being dropped off and picked up after a successful capture of the facility. If we make it weíll deserve a vacation to Cloud City were you can gamble away your life savings.

Uron Teff
25 February 2006, 08:47 AM
After the Lieutenant explained the need of the power generator in all its simplicity Shorrarr returned to his bunk and started to pack his last equipment together and eyed the Private next to him suspiciously. This kid is shaking. Maybe it is fear I see in his eyes.
Turning his head to view the last few soldiers in the barrack who hadn't left so far he recognized both eagerness and fear in their movements. As easy as possible he weighted the heavy power generator upon his back and cought the grip of his heavy repeating blaster. After fully loaded with all his gear he steps up to Private First Class Gonar Renici who seemed slightly unconfortable in his skin.
Tapping the human on his shoulder the Wookiee tried once again to visualize what he wanted to tell Renici with arms and legs.

[Shorrarr] Roursh aroushrwo, aourwow. Ruwroua cheworu rouaw ruowa.
Don't panic, youngling. I'll keep my eye on you.

Due to the fact that Gonar Renici neither spoke Shyriiwook nor did he understand the Wookiees sign language, the obvious discomfiture visible in his face grew even stronger.
Damn, he is not understanding. Well, I think I have to proof my point in case of emergency. This youngling needs guidance, that's for sure.
After waiting few seconds till the Private First Class had finished his gear both soldiers steped out of the barrack heading towards the Quarter Master. With almost finishing the request-list Shorrarr had in mind he step up to his comrade from various battles, Spades, and listened to his last words.


[Spades] If we make it weíll deserve a vacation to Cloud City were you can gamble away your life savings.
[Shorrarr] Rour arshour rouwao wrruoashew rouwoao owruro Kashyyyk. Roauow wwruwor wouaurw wshrouw rouw wuao shew chewruor rouaour shewo.
Well I'd prefer to make vacation on Kashyyyk. But due to various reasons this is not possible until we got my planet back.

djas_puhr
18 March 2006, 09:10 AM
Your right Shorrarr, it would be nice to go home with out the Empire hanging his head near us. Edgar nods solemnly in agreement as they continue to walk to the Quarter Master. I really should change my gear for this mission. Who knows what the frell is going to happen without any chance of reinforcements. Yeah, Iím going to have to pick up a DL-44 for this one. Almost ready for the mission, hope HQ doesnít have their heads up their collective rear and sends us on a one-way mission to Mustafar.

Edgar softly chuckles to himself as he continues to walk. Were the frack is the QMís post any ways. Weíve been walk around looking for it for what seems like months....

Stormrider
22 April 2006, 12:30 PM
Next to the huge furry form of Shorrar strode the seeminly scrawny and rail thin form of Corporal Ketran Volos..



[Shorrarr] Rour arshour rouwao wrruoashew rouwoao owruro Kashyyyk. Roauow wwruwor wouaurw wshrouw rouw wuao shew chewruor rouaour shewo. A fierce look was evident on the young Corellian's face...

We will go home...our people will be delivered from slavery... and every last Imperial slug on the planet will pay dearly Ket growled..Green eyes flashed...His words held the strength of hope and the inner fire that drove the soldiers of the Rebellion to fight on against seemingly impossible odds. In seconds his mood had lightened..and a roguish grin...one that every Corellian male seemed to possess had emerged..

After this raid is over and done..we ought to pay Yug back for the cracks at Tav...bring down a notch or two..

boccelounge
14 May 2006, 12:47 PM
OK troopers: time to check in. The tentative "mission roster" follows. Please post IC to confirm your spot.

Mack Jace: Ragab is just there as a placeholder until I get your new character info sorted out.

I'm unsure about Kamon, max ordo, darth_wyld, and Rulk, since I haven't seen you guys around much. Just post IC, and let me know who's still around... thanks!


Current Roster: Volunteers for Operation Daybreak
.
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tr><th bgcolor="#111111" colspan="4"><font color=#FFFFFF><font size = 2>DELTA PLATOON</font></th></tr><tr><td>Lieutenant First Class</td><td><b>Zak "Flash" Samson</b></td><td>Male Human</td><td>NPC</td></tr><tr><td>Staff Sergeant</td><td><b>Daxter Nomak</b></td><td>Male Human</td><td><b>Kamon</b></td></tr><tr><td>Sergeant</td><td><b>Kiedis "Sep" Orr</b></td><td>Male Human</td><td><b>coldskier0320</b></td></tr><tr><td>Corporal</td><td><b>Ketran Volos</b></td><td>Male Human</td><td><b>Stormrider</b></td></tr><tr><td>Corporal</td><td><b>Edgar "Spades" McGregor</b></td><td>Male Human</td><td><b>djas_puhr</b></td></tr><tr><td>Corporal</td><td><b>Rayror Drak'tyne</b></td><td>Male Barabel</td><td><b>PsychoInfiltrator</b></td></tr><tr><td>Specialist</td><td><b>Shorrarr "Fuzzball"</b></td><td>Male Wookiee</td><td><b>Uron Teff</b></td></tr><tr><td>Lance Corporal</td><td><b>Tav Ruk'bun</b></td><td>Male Bothan</td><td><b>EZE1138</b></td></tr><tr><td>Lance Corporal</td><td><b>Randal "Whiskey" Tarn</b></td><td>Male Human</td><td><b>Ardent</b></td></tr><tr><td>Lance Corporal</td><td><b>Kell Haarshi</b></td><td>Male Human</td><td><b>Night who says ni </b></td></tr><tr><td>Private First Class</td><td><b>Wen Yug</b></td><td>Male Human</td><td>NPC</td></tr><tr><td>Private First Class</td><td><b>Dorn "Double D" Dol</b></td><td>Male Kel Dor</td><td><b>max ordo</b></td></tr><tr><td>Private First Class</td><td><b>Jag Karren</b></td><td>Male Human</td><td><b>darth_wyld</b></td></tr><tr><td>Private First Class</td><td><b>Gern Kestrel</b></td><td>Female Human</td><td>NPC</td></tr><tr><td>Private First Class</td><td><b>Ric Laman</b></td><td>Male Human</td><td><b>Rulk</b></td></tr><tr><td>Medical Corpsman</td><td><b>Ragab</b></td><td>Male Mon Calamari</td><td><b>Mack Jace</b></td></tr><tr></tr></tr></table>

----------------------------------------


Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

boccelounge
14 May 2006, 12:48 PM
INTERIOR: ALLIANCE QUARTERMASTER -- UNNAMED RAINY PLANET

The mission volunteers of Delta Platoon have just come in out of the incessant rain. They stand in a small assembly area near the entrance of a long, low Alliance Supply Warehouse. Lieutenant "Flash" Samson raises his voice to cut through the drone of conversation. Next to him stands a short, thin human male with dark hair, pale skin, and the blue duty uniform of an Alliance SpecForce Support Tech.

FLASH: Uh, hey there, OK, it looks like everybody's here. Listen up then. We're here to get, uh, equipped up for the raid. There are several sections to go through, and we'll, uh, start with the rifles.

FLASH: This here is, uh, Gunnery Sergeant OGARA, the acting, uh, QM. He's got some, uh, new gear to, uh, talk about, and, uh, well, here he is...

Sgt. Ogara gives FLASH a brief, curious look, then picks up a rifle from the counter in front of him. He addresses the platoon.

OGARA: Thank you, lieutenant. Men, this is the BlasTech A280 blaster rifle. I'm sure most of you have seen it before-- for those that haven't, I'll be the first to tell you that it is among the finest infantry small arms ever produced. We deployed it to a few units last year, but I'm pleased to inform you that the Alliance now has enough production capacity to make it the standard-issue weapon for the Alliance Special Forces. No more scraping together platoon-armament from whatever we have lying around.

He sets down the rifle, and points to several other items lying on the counter before him.

OGARA: My team has assembled enough A280's for your detail. There are three basic customizations. The slash-47 has the three-round underbarrel grenade launcher. We've got three of these available. There's also one A280-DL "long-barrel" model, which trades a little stopping power for greater range. This one's got a 4X scope on it. Finally, there are also enough stock A280's upgraded with 2X scopes for the rest of you. You are highly encouraged-- but not required-- to turn in your old weapons for these. We've also got a few heavy weapons ready-- a light repeater, a heavy repeater, and my personal favorite, this blaster cannon. So step right up, get 'em while they're hot.

OGARA and FLASH wait for all the Delta Platoon troopers present to claim a rifle, before moving on to the next section of equipment.


----------------------------------------

OOC: Pick a weapon, or keep your old one. If more than one person claims the same rifle, the NCOs (Sergeants, Corporals, and Specialist Shorrar) will decide who gets it.

This will also serve as your "check-in" post to let me know who's still around.

----------------------------------------

Weapons Available

3.... BlasTech A280/K47 Combo Blaster Rifles (with underbarrel grenade launcher)
1.... BlasTech A280-DL Blaster Rifle (sniper version, with 4X scope)
9.... BlasTech A280 Blaster Rifles (with 2X scopes)

2.... BlasTech T-21 Light Repeating Blaster Rifles
1.... Golan Arms M88 Heavy Repeating Blaster
1.... SoroSuub LG-94 Blaster Cannon


Weapon Stats

<table width=80% cellpadding=1><tr><b>BlasTech A280 Rifle</b></td></tr><tr><td><b>Weapon Type:</b> Blaster rifle</table><table width=90% cellpadding=1></td></tr><tr><td><b>Proficiency Group:</b> Blaster rifles</td><td><b>Cost:</b> 1300</td></tr><tr><td><b>Damage:</b> 3d8+3</td><td><b>Critical:</b> 19-20</td></tr><tr><td><b>Range Increment:</b> 30 m</td><td><b>Weight:</b> 6.7 kg</td></tr><tr><td><b>Fort DC:</b> 16</td><td><b>Type:</b> Energy</td></tr><tr><td><b>Multifire/Autofire:</b> M</td><td><b>Size:</b> Large</td></tr><tr><td><b>Hardness/WP:</b> 5/8</td><td><b>Break DC:</b> 18</td></tr><tr><td><b>Availability:</b> Prevalent, military</table><table width=80% cellpadding=1></td></tr></table>

<table width=80% cellpadding=1><tr><b>BlasTech A280-DL ďLong-ArmĒ Sniper Rifle</b></td></tr><tr><td><b>Weapon Type:</b> Blaster rifle</table><table width=90% cellpadding=1></td></tr><tr><td><b>Proficiency Group:</b> Blaster rifles</td><td><b>Cost:</b> 2150</td></tr><tr><td><b>Damage:</b> 3d6+3</td><td><b>Critical:</b> 19-20 (see text)</td></tr><tr><td><b>Range Increment:</b> 50 m</td><td><b>Weight:</b> 6.9 kg</td></tr><tr><td><b>Fort DC:</b> 19</td><td><b>Type:</b> Energy</td></tr><tr><td><b>Multifire/Autofire:</b> --</td><td><b>Size:</b> Large</td></tr><tr><td><b>Hardness/WP:</b> 5/7</td><td><b>Break DC:</b> 15</td></tr><tr><td><b>Availability:</b> Uncommon, military</table><table width=80% cellpadding=1></td></tr><tr><td><b>Special:</b> If this weapon is used to fire only a single shot in a round, its threat range improves to 18-20.</td></tr></table>

<table width=80% cellpadding=1><tr><b>BlasTech K47 Underbarrel Launcher</b></td></tr><tr><td><b>Weapon Type:</b> Grenade launcher</table><table width=90% cellpadding=1></td></tr><tr><td><b>Proficiency Group:</b> Blaster rifles</td><td><b>Cost:</b> +1,900</td></tr><tr><td><b>Damage:</b> By grenade type</td><td><b>Critical:</b> By grenade type</td></tr><tr><td><b>Range Increment:</b> 20 m</td><td><b>Weight:</b> 2 kg</td></tr><tr><td><b>Fort DC:</b> --</td><td><b>Type:</b> By grenade type</td></tr><tr><td><b>Multifire/Autofire:</b> --</td><td><b>Size:</b> Small</td></tr><tr><td><b>Hardness/WP:</b> 5/5</td><td><b>Break DC:</b> 14</td></tr><tr><td><b>Availability:</b> Common, military</table><table width=80% cellpadding=1></td></tr><tr><td><b>Special:</b> Designed to fit under an A280 blaster rifle, this weapon fires 3 shots before needing to be reloaded as a full-round action. It cannot be operated as a stand-alone weapon.</td></tr></table>

<table width=80% cellpadding=1><tr><b>BlasTech T-21</b></td></tr><tr><td><b>Weapon Type:</b> Light repeating blaster</table><table width=90% cellpadding=1></td></tr><tr><td><b>Proficiency Group:</b> Blaster rifles</td><td><b>Cost:</b> 2000</td></tr><tr><td><b>Damage:</b> 3d8</td><td><b>Critical:</b> 19-20</td></tr><tr><td><b>Range Increment:</b> 40 m</td><td><b>Weight:</b> 4.5 kg</td></tr><tr><td><b>Fort DC:</b> --</td><td><b>Type:</b> Energy</td></tr><tr><td><b>Multifire/Autofire:</b> M/A only</td><td><b>Size:</b> Large</td></tr><tr><td><b>Hardness/WP:</b> 5/10</td><td><b>Break DC:</b> 20</td></tr><tr><td><b>Availability:</b> Prevalent, military</table><table width=80% cellpadding=1></td></tr><tr><td><b>Special:</b> Autofire puts this weapon under severe stress. In each subsequent round after the first, roll 1d20 and add +1 to the die roll for additional round after the first. A result of 10 or higher means the weapon becomes inoperative for 1d6 rounds.</td></tr></table>

<table width=80% cellpadding=1><tr><b>Golan Arms M88</b></td></tr><tr><td><b>Weapon Type:</b> Heavy repeating blaster</table><table width=90% cellpadding=1></td></tr><tr><td><b>Proficiency Group:</b> Heavy Weapons</td><td><b>Cost:</b> 4000</td></tr><tr><td><b>Damage:</b> 4d8</td><td><b>Critical:</b> 19-20</td></tr><tr><td><b>Range Increment:</b> 30 m</td><td><b>Weight:</b> 12 kg</td></tr><tr><td><b>Fort DC:</b> --</td><td><b>Type:</b> Energy</td></tr><tr><td><b>Multifire/Autofire:</b> M/A only</td><td><b>Size:</b> Large</td></tr><tr><td><b>Hardness/WP:</b> 5/10</td><td><b>Break DC:</b> 20</td></tr><tr><td><b>Availability:</b> Common, military</table><table width=80% cellpadding=1></td></tr><tr><td><b>Special:</b> Unless hooked up to a dedicated power generator, this weapon must be reloaded as full-round action after 20 shots. The stats given assume a tripod is attached. The weapon and tripod generally requires a crew of two to move and operate; a generator requires 1-2 more crew to move.</td></tr></table>

<table width=80% cellpadding=1><tr><b>SoroSuub LG-94</b></td></tr><tr><td><b>Weapon Type:</b> Blaster cannon</table><table width=90% cellpadding=1></td></tr><tr><td><b>Proficiency Group:</b> Heavy Weapons</td><td><b>Cost:</b> 4200</td></tr><tr><td><b>Damage:</b> 5d8</td><td><b>Critical:</b> 19-20</td></tr><tr><td><b>Range Increment:</b> 40 m</td><td><b>Weight:</b> 18 kg</td></tr><tr><td><b>Fort DC:</b> --</td><td><b>Type:</b> Energy</td></tr><tr><td><b>Multifire/Autofire:</b> --</td><td><b>Size:</b> Large</td></tr><tr><td><b>Hardness/WP:</b> 5/12</td><td><b>Break DC:</b> 20</td></tr><tr><td><b>Availability:</b> Uncommon, military</table><table width=80% cellpadding=1></td></tr><tr><td><b>Special:</b> This weapon fires 1 shot before needing to be reloaded as a full-round action. It is portable by a single trooper, but extra ammunition is often carried and loaded by a second trooper.</td></tr></table>

Picture: Rebel Trooper with BlasTech A280 (with Targeting Scope)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/boccelounge/RebelTrooper_BlasTechA280.jpg

----------------------------------------

Useful Links:

IC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18907)
PROLOGUE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=231254#post231254)
CHAPTER ONE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=232795#post232795)
CHAPTER TWO (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239960#post239960)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18907)
OOC: A Band of Rebel Brothers (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18871)
Character Records: Command and Support Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239962#post239962)
Character Records: First Squad (Daystalkers) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239963#post239963)
Character Records: Second Squad (Night Angels) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239964#post239964)
Character Records: Third Squad (Chaos Squad) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239965#post239965)
Character Records: Other Personnel (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239966#post239966)
Equipment Guide (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239967#post239967)
Posting Guidelines (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239968#post239968)
(last post) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=18871)
Player's Guide (revised for Chapter Two) (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=239270#post239270)

Night who says ni
14 May 2006, 01:04 PM
Kell walks up tp the tabel with the weapons on it laying down his current issued gun (O.O.C. I forget what model it is but its the one we were issued before this mission not the ones i already owned myself) he picks up one of the new A280 looking over it he whistles, looking towards his sergeant he asks the question thats been bouncing around in his mind since he saw the new guns, What do you think Sep can I bring this toy to play? Kell gives a grin and waits pateintly for the answer.

Ardent
14 May 2006, 03:11 PM
Whiskey shifts the Freedom One slung over his shoulder, taking a long look at the A280s on the table.

"Correct me if I'm wrong Gunny, but these are a tad on the heavy side, are they not?" Whiskey looks uncomfortable with the idea of surrendering his trusty old E-11 and raises an inquisitive eyebrow towards the Gunnery Sergeant. "I mean, I don't want to surrender my Freedom One. It's served me well in the past, but if we're switching to a new type of powerpack..."

He seems a bit torn, oddly sentimental for a supply agent.

Mack Jace
14 May 2006, 04:59 PM
OOC: Bocce, don't worry about the char, I'll get the rest of the stuff to you ASAP, but I'll finish this mission with Ragab.

IC:
Ragab shifts his backpack to a more comfortable position as he mulls over the new equipment. He doesn't care too much about what he shoots, so long as it does its job. But, gancing over his old, battered rifle, with scuff marks and scratches from who knows when, as well as a faulty aerator vent, he figures it's high time for a new weapon. "Well Ser'nt, I suppose you can sign me up for one of these new rifles. Who knows how long my rifle's been in circulation," he says with a wry grin as he replaces one of the standard A280's with his own rifle. He then asks the QM, "Do you have any stun grenades I coud have?" Depending on the response, he shoulders the new weapon, and steps out of the way for everyone else to get their weapons.

EZE1138
14 May 2006, 06:07 PM
Tav's head jerks up at the end of Ogara's speech. He thinks to himself, Damn. Feels like I have been asleep for months...

He stretches and walks to the array of weapons. He dumps his old whatsitcalled rifle and picks up the BlasTech A280/K47 Combo Blaster Rifles (with underbarrel grenade launcher) (OOC: I will now repeat this phrase every opportunity...it is Tav's Red Rider B-B Gun!).

Seeing as how I tend to like the fast charge, it would be nice to have this beauty to sling a few grenades before I get there. Hope no one minds.

Saying this, he steps back into formation. He stands there, staring lovingly at his BlasTech A280/K47 Combo Blaster Rifles (with underbarrel grenade launcher) for a while.

(OOC: Good to be back, folks! Hope your year has gone well! Okay, 6 or so months but who is counting. Its not like I had the time to have a baby or something in that time...)

(OOC: Okay, I did. Well my wife did. I call her Tav and sometimes Whiskey in honor of this group. The baby, not the wife. The wife I call Princess. In honor of her royal bloodline. Or something like that... Or is it that I drink whiskey in honor of this group. Or my wife. Something like that... Anyway, howdy!)

boccelounge
14 May 2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Ardent
Whiskey shifts the Freedom One slung over his shoulder, taking a long look at the A280s on the table.

"Correct me if I'm wrong Gunny, but these are a tad on the heavy side, are they not?" Whiskey looks uncomfortable with the idea of surrendering his trusty old E-11 and raises an inquisitive eyebrow towards the Gunnery Sergeant. "I mean, I don't want to surrender my Freedom One. It's served me well in the past, but if we're switching to a new type of powerpack..."

He seems a bit torn, oddly sentimental for a supply agent.

The compact little supply sergeant grins sympathetically at this comment.

OGARA: Well, there is something to be said about the "tried and true," I suppose...

He winks, and gestures to the old, battered DH-17 blaster pistol slung at his hip.

OGARA: But you know these young guys-- got to have the newest and shiniest... I've had this baby since my old Alderaanian service days... and there's nothing that'll make me part with her.




Originally posted by Mack Jace
Ragab... asks the QM, "Do you have any stun grenades I coud have?" Depending on the response, he shoulders the new weapon, and steps out of the way for everyone else to get their weapons.

OGARA: Oh yeah, you guys are going on a full-out assault... we'll load you up with as much ordinance as you can carry, and then some. Grab up a rifle, son, and we'll move on to the big bangers next...

He gestures to his right, and RAGAB sees that the next equipment table is loaded with cases of grenades and explosive charges.

OGARA: Alright, who's next?

darth_wyld
14 May 2006, 11:34 PM
OGARA: Alright, who's next?

Jag looked around and stepped forward.

"That would be me!"

With an appreciating grin he picked one of the A280 up and checked it.

"If there is one left, I'd take one of the light repeaters..." he said pointing at the T21.

Remembering the pieces of poodoo he had to use on earlier "occasions" he was quite happy with this weapon.

Uron Teff
15 May 2006, 06:45 AM
OGARA: Alright, who's next?

After Jag was given his T-21 light repeating blaster Shorrarr moved up to the Quarter Master with his hands gesturing on his heavy repeating blaster swung around his neck.

[Shorrarr] Wrourar shrwour urrouar rashrour shewrour roush. Drour chrouro aorush GYROHARNESS rour ashrou drour, Shrour shoruaw ruwoash?
I'm sadisfied with my modified model. But do you have a gyroharness, or a repulsor for the energy generaor?

Stormrider
15 May 2006, 08:39 AM
Ket wavered between his carbine and the . BlasTech A280/K47 Combo Blaster Rifle...Frell.. Nice punch.and the grenade is handy..but the carbine is light and packs good stopping power. After debating for a moment..Ket settled on the carbine as it was more suited to his needs.

With a roguish grin he strolled up to Gunnery Sergeant Ogara..

Sorry Sarge...but the "new and shiny" is a wee bit heavy. I'll stickwith my carbine and pistol Gesturing towards the Alliance issue weapon slung across one shoulder and the EGL-3A blaster pistol on one hip.

what did they make the A280 out of, duracrete?

Another bad joke from Ket to lighten the tension Delta Platoon had to be feeling.



[Shorrarr] Wrourar shrwour urrouar rashrour shewrour roush. Drour chrouro aorush GYROHARNESS rour ashrou drour, Shrour shoruaw ruwoash?


Fuzzball asks if you have a gyroharness or a repulsor for his generator backpack Ket translated just in case the Sergeant didn't understand Shyriwook


He waited patiently for the rest to be done..Ket had a special request for quartermaster..and they might not have one on this mudball..but it couldn't hurt.

boccelounge
15 May 2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Shorrarr moved up to the Quarter Master with his hands gesturing on his heavy repeating blaster swung around his neck.
[Shorrarr] Wrourar shrwour urrouar rashrour shewrour roush. Drour chrouro aorush GYROHARNESS rour ashrou drour, Shrour shoruaw ruwoash?
Ogara cocks his head at this.

OGARA: Did you say "harness?"


Originally posted by Stormrider
KETRAN: Fuzzball asks if you have a gyroharness or a repulsor for his generator backpack.
OGARA: Ah, I see. Thanks, Corporal.

He turns back to Shorrar.

OGARA: No son, sorry; we've got nothing that big for this mission. You should plan on some pretty close-quarter fighting, in fact. I already suggested to your LT that he leave the repeaters behind altogether, but he shot that idea down... now I see why.

OGARA: What I can offer you is a couple of these--

He pulls out two large powerpacks. Green and blue indicator lights blink steadily on their surfaces, and they emit a low, steady hum.

OGARA: Alliance R&D has been working for a while to develop a low-heat/high-yield powerpack for repeaters... something for missions like this, when lugging around a portable fusion generator isn't practical.

OGARA: These are still in the "prototype" phase, but I got a few cleared for your use, if you so choose.

OGARA: They should just about triple the number of shots you can make before reloading, compared to a standard powerpack. The only downside... is they're not considered fully "field-reliable" yet. I can guarantee you that they won't burn-out early, or even... you know, overheat and explode.

OGARA: So it's your choice.

--------------------

OOC: In game terms, these powerpacks work only with heavy repeaters, and allow for 50 shots before needing to be recharged. They are more likely than normal powerpacks to discharge early-- normally, a "natural 1" indicates a burn-out; these burn out on a 1 or 2. Additionally, a "Critical Failure" (a natural 1 followed by a failed attack roll) can lead to worse consequences... and TWO consecutive 1's indicates an overload an explosion.

Got that?

You can't bring a generator on this mission, so it's either the experimental 50-shot powerpack, or the standard 20-shot pack.

NOTE: Again, all this applies only to Shorrarr's heavy repeater, not to everyone else's rifles and light repeaters.