PDA

View Full Version : Using DSP creatively

Lucas Carr
3 November 2005, 08:28 PM
Recently my GM gave my Jedi Character an unintentionally earned DSP for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. As the Dark Jedi NPC activated a device, the both of them were filled with nearly unlimited Power.

If he had stopped there, I most likely wouldn't have liked it as I wouldn't have given a DSP there, if I had been the GM. But he didn't tell me about the DSP until after my character had bantha rushed the Dark Jedi out of the area of effect of the device. And for doing that he also gave me a Force Point, telling me about both at the same time.

And this gave me a choice. I could start my character on the path of Darkness, or at least keep the DSP, and he'd keep the FP. Or I could chose to keep my character in the Light, by removing both DSP and FP. What choice I made for my character is not significant for this thread (though I did chose the Light as that was consistent with my character's background and previous actions in the game).

Have anyone else experienced, or thought of, other ways to use DSP creatively to give the character options instead of just using them the "normal" way?

Darth_Cassed
4 November 2005, 02:19 AM
Well my character (aptly named Darth Cassed ;)) has swung both paths. He's been a sith lord, and master of a Jedi Temple. And that was AFTER being a Sith Lord.

I guess he is the epitome of "embracing a larger view of the Force" as our good friend Palpatine puts it.

But in our games, you don't have to be a light sider to be a hero, and I find that to be a good philosophy, though a more difficult concept.

Zerek
5 November 2005, 05:48 PM
hmm... you both kinda have good points. Cassed i agree that it dont exactly matter light or dark. but Carr as a GM i cant say that i have been put in a situation like that i only give DSP for a good reason. of course for one of my players character that is all the time the other like never. but thats beside the point. id help ya if i could. but if you were given a dsp for bein in the wrong place at the wrong time i beleive thats error on your gm.