PDA

View Full Version : At-At is out there

Santa Claws
12 November 2005, 05:01 AM
Yesterday I got the new AT-AT, a famous miniature, but only playable in large battles on great maps.
You can use it in small skirmish figths as a terrain piece.
What a your experience with this new mini?

Sithspawn
18 November 2005, 03:21 AM
Oh no it's not! :mad:

Well okay, it is. But my FLGS has informed me that his suppliers understocked, so he didn't get any despite having a dozen on order.

He says he will get them, but I've got to wait for two weeks.

AAArrrggghhhh!!!!!! :P

Santa Claws
19 November 2005, 01:37 AM
Thats the main problem for many players or collectors all over the world. I think that nobody at WotC see how many P/C want the minis.

Donovan Morningfire
21 November 2005, 06:35 AM
The limited supplies are more likely a case of retailers not correctly gauging local interest in the product than lack of stock on WotC's part. The area game shop I got mine at didn't get as many in at first becuase the owner didn't think they'd sell that well. I believe he ended up doing a Fed-Ex express delivery order to get more in due to the demand for the figures.

Which having been lucky enough to get one on the 19th, I'd have to say I'm pretty darn impressed. It's a pretty solid figure, and the detail work is fantastic. At 200 points to field, I doubt I'll be using this in very many skirmish games, but it's still a cool piece.

Sithspawn
21 November 2005, 01:34 PM
Yay, I got it! :D

I must be a good customer (translated: I spend too much money on minis & comics) because he got two AT-ATs in, one for me, from another store he's friendly with.

It is bigger than I thought it would be. Very nice piece. I doubt it's a piece I would field, but it looks great. I haven't even opened the box yet, but I know that it's going to give my mate a bigger argument to play a high point game (prefer small skirmishes myself).

PsychoInfiltrator
22 November 2005, 04:38 PM
"And thusly were the great 200 point battles waged against the AT-AT."

Imagine a 200 point Ewok force against that thing. Well, 198 points, to be exact. That's 83 3 point Ewoks, people. Sooner or later, somebody'll probly do it.

Donovan Morningfire
23 November 2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
"And thusly were the great 200 point battles waged against the AT-AT."

Imagine a 200 point Ewok force against that thing. Well, 198 points, to be exact. That's 83 3 point Ewoks, people. Sooner or later, somebody'll probly do it.

I can only imagine that's a lot of dead Ewoks, since the AT-AT reduces any damage taken by 10 points.

Now a Clone Trooper platoon (w/ a couple Sergeants for increased threat range) would have a much better chance.

Sithspawn
25 November 2005, 07:25 AM
I'm sure Hailfire Droids with General Grievous Supreme Commander would give the AT-AT a hard time too.

PsychoInfiltrator
25 November 2005, 02:19 PM
I can't count...though apparently I'm not alone.

200/3=66. Not 83. I computed for 250 points.

What's wrong with dead Ewoks?

Santa Claws
27 November 2005, 05:01 AM
Ewoks? Little hairy food on two legs with a good choice to get more of them if you kill one of their clan-brotherhood.
After my first figth with rebells and frings agains a 300pts troop incl At-At and some Stormies, i prefer a fast reaction troop that i get behind the the At-At and kill with some bothan spies the stormies, use of som desintigrate fringes to get damage to the d..... At-At....

blemelisk
29 November 2005, 09:04 AM
and i LOVE big battles. we use warhammer 40k terrain and the like on huge tables to play our games. we dont use maps unless its a tourney or we want to play a very small game. and sence many of us own an AT-AT(one or more) you better belive that the battle of Hoth will be replayed. we havent yet at least i havent yet been able to participate in a grand battle like that yet.... but i hope to very very soon.

btw my local store got 3 in and sold them in one week got 4 more and i have bought one of them, and im sure the otheres will go soon.