PDA

View Full Version : The Evil Within OOC

max ordo
17 November 2005, 11:02 PM
This is our OOC thread. If you need anything answered or just have out of game things to discuss this be the place kiddies.

coldskier0320
17 November 2005, 11:21 PM
*calls out, listening to the echo in the empty thread*

Real fixxer-upper, eh?

Feels like home, though, I like it! :D

To everyone else, I'll be playing Anel Shenarei, as you al know. Alot of you are new, and I can't wait to game with you. To those of you I have gamed with: you know what you're in for! :P

mrnegative
18 November 2005, 05:12 AM
hey every one, thanks for all being so welcoming.

this is my first attempt at play-post role playing so feel free to PM me if i need correcting or if you have advice.

i look forward to getting my dark side on with the rest of you.

oh and by the way i'm playing Sol Orn

coldskier0320
18 November 2005, 08:41 AM
OK, I know it's in my profile, but a startling number of people never bother to look at it when they need info, so here goes:

AIM: ShadowofApollyon
eMail: hydrospanner243@radio.fm

I'm online ALOT during the week, but rarely on the weekends. I check my email basically every day, usually several times each day. I've been doing pbp for just about the entire time I've been a HoloNet member, and have been in more games than I can count. If you're having any questions about anything, don't hesitate to contact me. I'm not saying I know everything, but I might be able to help.

Another thing, do try and be polite. It should go without saying, but lately on the HoloNet there's been more and more people who tend to become rude whenever you disagree with them. :( Now I'm not implying that any of you are like that, but let's make an effort to be mature and considerate, eh? :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 November 2005, 09:18 AM
Welcome aboard newcomers and all :)

I'll be playing Lacuna, an adult human female. 1.7m height, Silver hair, candy-apple green eyes, slim, shapely, good looking but not supermodel perfect.
pictures:
- sorta like this, except the lightsaber (http://www.swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=2247&screen=1&cat_id=92&action=images)
- Prefered Leather Outfit (http://www.members.shaw.ca/lot.jadesfire/Evil_Within/Lacuna.jpg)

Heres a little something for those new to post-by-play forum games: (copied from another ooc thread i once typed a year ago)
I've gotten into rpg'ing, technically into sw & robotech rpg'ing little over four years ago. Its fun, addictive and i'm comparing it to kinda like taking part in writing a novel. Computer gaming (confined as usual) and Pbp is the only types of rpg'ing i've done...

Theres only a few slight differences between tabletop and pbp or pbem (play by email):
- game speed - things usually move at a slower pace... Unless everybody's hot on the ball and each manage to post at least once a day or more, then things can really fly! (it's been known to happen)

- descriptions / descriptiveness... the world's the limit on how descriptive you want to describe your player's actions. A couple words or sentances to several paragraphs (or how much you like typing) Sometimes we'll affectionately refer to well written and fairly lengthly posts as "mini novelas"

- character's thoughts.. usually get handled in italics...

Do you have a physical description, i mean for your character? or have chosen a pic that resembles your character? Pictures are usually optional in these types of games. Theres SWAG if finding a picture is of interest to you.

Also, as a good friend of mine also spoke on the subject in the same ooc:
Both Terras and myself do tend to write storylike posts when reasonable as we believe that it's not only fun for ourselves, but more enjoyable for our fellow PCs & the GMs to read than posting stuff like

I'll do a fastdraw, blast him, then go through his pockets.

Takes a bit more effort, but it's more fun to reread some of my posts in this thread & IMHO really helps the flavor of the game & the sense that you are there, not just reading some dry debriefing. :D

Just a few more things,
- spoken text is handled in " "
- sometimes its good to quote other people's text when replying in character, using "quote" & "/quote" (use the [ ] brackets though, as for all formating code)
- Swag's url - Star Wars Artists Guild (http://www.swagonline.net/) (as mentioned, not necesary, totally optional)
- i'm asuming everyone here is seasoned in roleplaying, though for Post-by-playing, things like inner thoughts tend to be typed out for all to read like within novels. Unless your character is a full-time mind reader, its best to remember to keep what you read "out of character" and post ingame as "in character". :)
- depending on the pace of the game, if you know your going to be "away" for a period of time, its usually nice to give a "heads up" to the GM or at least mention in the OOC here. Sometimes it can't be helped, things do come up- computer crashes, outages (internet, power, etc). Though in over 5yrs of PbP'ing, we have had people just "disapear" / "drop off the radar", then the game hangs in wait for a while then usually moves on.
- Coldskier raises a good point - politeness. If your in question about what to post, or something ingame in general, its sometimes better to ask.

I hope this helps some. If any questions, feel free to ask, most of us who've been playing here for the better half of the year or longer would be happy to answer :)

I hope you enjoy this type of roleplaying experiance as I have over the years :)

Ringlord816
18 November 2005, 12:34 PM
Checking in, I'll be playing Josh Kyzneg. Adult male Human, Brown hair and eyes, 1.8 meters tall, fairly muscular build, and carrying several weapons when it will not call too much undue attention to himself or his companions, if there are any.

BTW, are all characters involved in the IC thread? Cold and Terras are obvious, are the rest of us on scene yet?

max ordo
18 November 2005, 12:42 PM
not just yet. i am brinbging you all in one or two at a time. im off to work now. i'll bring everyone else in tonight

The Marmot
18 November 2005, 01:22 PM
I'm new to holonet, in fact i'm actually kinda new to roleplaying in general, a freind just dragged me back into it after a good 20 year hiatus.
Anyway, I'll be playing Quira Raan, adult female Miraluka, 5'5" 125 lbs, slight, but shes got it where it counts. Looking forward to playing, hopefully max don't kill off my under-experienced arse too soon...

Kamon
18 November 2005, 04:34 PM
Hey all. I'm playing Antorm Dizkuu, ex Nautolan Jedi who's lived in exile for some time now. He's pretty tall, around 1.7m, decent weight, muscular.

http://www.swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=2230&screen=0&action=search&keyword=Nautolan&date=&type=search

This is, more or less, how Antorm looks. Just take away the blindness and replace the yellow sabre with a blue one, and he's set.

Anyways, I'm pretty new to RPG's, the Holonet, and PbP games, though I HAVE been playing in BoRB since it started. But, I'm pretty well versed in the rules, so anybody have any questions, I'm here.

AIM: KamSm8

So, yeah. I look forward to this!

Kamon(Josh)

max ordo
19 November 2005, 08:56 PM
I'll bring the rest of you yahoos in tonight or tomorrow. still waiting on someone but everyone who chars are in will have a little something soon.

coldskier0320
22 November 2005, 04:10 AM
Giving a heads up to all my groups: I will be out of town, and most likely not able to post at all between Thursday and Monday. Do whatever you must to keep the game moving in my absence, wether it means NPCing my character, or whatever. I should be able to get a post in Monday evening, but not before that.

Thanks,

Cold

P.S. I'll try to get one last post in before I leave, but I wanted to get this posted first and foremost, just in case.

max ordo
27 November 2005, 08:00 AM
Just wanted to say Happy Birhtday to Terras Jadeonar & Raven. I noticed on the boards that your B Day happens to fall on today Nov 27. Hope it's a good day.

max ordo
27 November 2005, 11:45 AM
I'll be moving forward today. sorry for the delay but the thanksgiving stuff was crazy.

Night who says ni
27 November 2005, 04:16 PM
Well after grueling processeses of making.. revising... and remakeing my character, I have finished Mas Vallendar. *waits or applause, after getting none I gain 5 darkside points for killing audence* Anyways thanks Max for letting me be apart of this campain.

(Sorry Cold for using your layout for my character... but its just so great)

Edit: Please post comments on Mr. Vallendar....and im pretty sure the rep is wrong sorry bout that if it is

Night who says ni
27 November 2005, 04:16 PM
EDIT: AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGG Double Post!!!!!!!

coldskier0320
27 November 2005, 04:49 PM
Don't worry about borrowing off of my submission style. I've tried many things, and found that it works best for me. If you discovered the same thing, great, I'm glad I could help. :)

max ordo
28 November 2005, 03:30 PM
Looks good.All you need to do is pick yourlanguages from your Int mod and it looks done

Night who says ni
28 November 2005, 03:50 PM
Man, I always forget that ... can you keep the sith for me and give me ryl please.

The Marmot
29 November 2005, 09:33 AM
rolled a 15, wasnt sure how to get that to you, so her it is... +3 INIT mod = 18 for INIT

Korwin Blade
30 November 2005, 09:40 PM
Damn Work seems to always get in the way....can't wait to join the merry band of Sith Players............

coldskier0320
5 December 2005, 08:21 AM
*bump*

Hello...

...is anybody in there...

...just nod if you can hear me....

...is there anyone home?

:D

max ordo
5 December 2005, 09:31 AM
Got real busy the last week or so. I will up0date everything today. Sorry for the delay

coldskier0320
5 December 2005, 10:23 AM
Okay, it's cool, I understand...

...yeeeeeaaaaaa!!! :D An update! :D

Night who says ni
5 December 2005, 11:58 AM
*nods* waiting patiently for my introduction *cought* gm *cough* *cough*
:D Seriously though take your time man... just make the results fantasmic.;)

max ordo
5 December 2005, 02:55 PM
Ok I am changing one small thing. I will be doing the rolls for all things IC. Just state your intentions and I'll figure out the results. Its just easier for me that way. Thanks

Ringlord816
9 December 2005, 05:23 PM
Back from vacation and ready to start

max ordo
14 December 2005, 03:29 AM
Ok cool. I will do this the easiest way for myself and that will be to bring you in with Korwin's character (whom I should have all final stats and such this weekend). Hope vacation was fun and please just bear with me. :D

mrnegative
14 December 2005, 09:23 AM
hope you haven't forgotten about me max

i had a question, about your "don't post results" policy

Will we have to post what skills and feats we'll be using or will you be just figuring that out from our roleplaying?

Kamon
14 December 2005, 05:49 PM
Hey guys. sorry about my absence. schools been killer, and most of my time is going to that. But with winter break only two days away, Antorm will be back in full swing!

max ordo
14 December 2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by mrnegative
hope you haven't forgotten about me max

i had a question, about your "don't post results" policy

Will we have to post what skills and feats we'll be using or will you be just figuring that out from our roleplaying?

You can post what skills/ feats you are attempting to use or you can PM me. I am basically just doing the rolling and describing the results. It makes it easier to ensure that a streak of bad PC rolls doesn't end your character too quickly. ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 December 2005, 03:48 AM
sorry about the delay in replying ;)

coldskier0320
15 December 2005, 04:42 AM
I'll post at some point today too. :)

max ordo
24 December 2005, 04:43 AM
Ok all sorry for the slow down but it is that time of year. RL is taking precedence right now. after xmas I will start posting more actively. thanks alot. and bear with me. I have a great story IMO planned out for you guys. I will bring everyone in and together starting monday

Ringlord816
24 December 2005, 05:38 PM
Yay. I understand that RL can be a bear, as work this next week will be about 15 hours more than normal. (and trust me, for a 17 year old, that is a big shift.)

Merry Christmas to all. (or Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, or whatever holiday you happen to celebrate)

coldskier0320
29 December 2005, 10:34 PM
Heyya Max,

I'll be back into action hopefully sometime in the first half of January. This is alll-around (includes Nights' Providence).

Be safe this new year's everyone. I, for one, will be sound asleep when the ball drops on the eastern time zone :P.