PDA

View Full Version : Make and model: Scout Trooper pistols

boccelounge
22 November 2005, 09:35 PM
OK... this is a simple, yet oddly frustrating (to me) question:

What's the name (make/model) of the pistols the Scout Troopers use in Episode VI?

I... can't seem to find it. HoloNet: please help. :)

Ronin
22 November 2005, 10:22 PM
The actual answer elludes my memory.

But! I do know that this discussion has come up before. A(n advanced) search should bring it up.
IIRC it is detailed in a D6 book. It's either a hold-out or sporting blaster I think.

EDIT:
http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=17556&highlight=Scout+Trooper+Blaster

kaeroth
23 November 2005, 08:10 AM
Strange. I was just thinking about this this morning, boccelounge, as the Scouties are going to be a bit more prevalent than normal Stormies in the game i'm starting this very night.
I also just had a brief lecture about Jung's psychoanalytic theory, and in the discussion of the Collective Unconscious it talks about how everyone is tied together through this chunk of shared memory, and that this explains things like deja vu, or syncronycitous (sp?) events like this.
or perhaps i'm making too much of it.
at any rate, I remember reading that thread (good job finding it Ronin) and being a bit unsatisfied with its rating as a holdout. It's not the damage i have a problem with so much as the range. I think i may bump it up to 6 or even 8m.

boccelounge
23 November 2005, 08:48 AM
Well, thanks... but now I've gone from "frustrated" to "embarassed." After striking out searching the WotC site and with Google, I did only a very perfunctory search of these forums. Should've looked harder.

Thanks much. I'll have a look at that thread and make a decision...

wolverine
24 November 2005, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by kaeroth
Strange. I was just thinking about this this morning, boccelounge, as the Scouties are going to be a bit more prevalent than normal Stormies in the game i'm starting this very night.
I also just had a brief lecture about Jung's psychoanalytic theory, and in the discussion of the Collective Unconscious it talks about how everyone is tied together through this chunk of shared memory, and that this explains things like deja vu, or syncronycitous (sp?) events like this.
or perhaps i'm making too much of it.
at any rate, I remember reading that thread (good job finding it Ronin) and being a bit unsatisfied with its rating as a holdout. It's not the damage i have a problem with so much as the range. I think i may bump it up to 6 or even 8m.

Same here, especially after looking at it in use for ROTJ..

Grimace
28 November 2005, 02:08 PM
Okay, I'll let you know what it is, and even give you stats, but it's in D6. You'll have to convert if you use D20.

SoroSuub Q-2s5 MOA Scout Pistol
type: Biker scout holdout blaster
ammo: 15
cost: not available for sale
availability: 3,X
fire rate: 1
range: 3-10 / 20 / 40
damage: 3D+2

sniperjoe
28 November 2005, 07:11 PM
First closest thing that comes to mind to me from the AEG is the Merr-Sonn Model 14/44...the book can't make up its mind, but I think it's 44. I'm too lazy to convert.:)

Santa Claws
29 November 2005, 12:41 AM
Thats about the net.guide of the stormies? I mean there where stats for d6 and d20.

boccelounge
30 November 2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Grimace
Okay, I'll let you know what it is, and even give you stats, but it's in D6. You'll have to convert if you use D20.

SoroSuub Q-2s5 MOA Scout Pistol
type: Biker scout holdout blaster
ammo: 15
cost: not available for sale
availability: 3,X
fire rate: 1
range: 3-10 / 20 / 40
damage: 3D+2
Thanks, Grimace. I had in fact decided that the MOA was the right pistol... even got the stats I needed. :) (And found a website that shows you how to recreate the movie prop with hardware-store items. ;) )