PDA

View Full Version : Imperial order of battle

gmjabreson
29 November 2005, 01:39 PM
Looking for anyone with the Imperial sourcebook, specifically looking for the information on the imperial army and navy order of battle. You can either post here, or send me a personal email with the info. Thanx

gmjabreson
30 November 2005, 04:28 AM
looking particularly for information concerning size of forces higher than platoon level, number of vehicles per, things like that

Lokar
1 December 2005, 08:09 PM
What excatly are you looking for?

gmjabreson
1 December 2005, 08:10 PM
looking for numbers of personnel, and number of vehicles in company size units or higher

Grimace
4 December 2005, 09:08 AM
Do you realize that you're asking for a mountain of information?

Higher than platoon, you have Companies, which include:
Line Company
Drop Company
Artiller Company
Assault Company
Attack Armor Company
Breakthrough Armor Company
Repulsorlift Company
Special Missions Company
Scout Company

Then you have Battalions.
Line Battalions
Assault Battalions
Repulsorlift Battalions
Artillery Battalions
Armor Battalions
Special Mission Battalions

Then you have Regiments.
Line Regiments
Assault Regiments
Repulsorlift Regiments
Artillery Regiments
Armor Regiments
Vanguard Armor Regiments
COMPNOR Regiments

Then you have Battlegroups.
Line Battlegroups
Reinforced Battlegroups
Armored Battlegroups
Mobile Battlegroups
Auxiliary Battlegroups

Then you have Corps.
Line Corps
Atrisian Corps
Mobile Corps
Armor Corps

Then you have psedo designations for units on paper.
Army
Systems Army
Sector Army

As you can see, just with a very general gloss over, it's a whole lot of information. Can you be a bit more specific?

gmjabreson
4 December 2005, 04:45 PM
i need information on the number of personnel and number of vehicles per unit type. And how many sub units make up the higher units

Grimace
4 December 2005, 05:16 PM
Like I said, that's a MOUNTAIN of information.

I'll tackle parts, but it's too much to do all at once and I don't have the time to do it all at once. So here is part one.

Companies:
Line Company - 152 troops, 180 men total, 118 droids (consists of 4 platoons)

Drop Company - same as Line Company but with expanded support. (consists of 4 platoons)

Artillery Company - aka Batteries - 152 troops, 23 support, 16 heavy or medium artillery tubes OR 32 light artillery pieces, 70 droids (consists of 4 platoons)

Assault Company - aka Heavy Weapons Company - 152 to 170 troops, 180 to 198 men total (consists of 2 Assault Platoons and 2 Line Platoons)

Attack Armor Company - 200 men (for heavy tank company) or 232 men (for light tank company) and support personnel. (consists of 3 Tank Platoons and 1 Heavy Weapons Repulsorlift Platoon) Contains 16 tanks if heavy or 28 tanks if light and 9 heavy weapons repulsorlifts.

Breakthrough Armor Company - 21 or 37 tanks depending on type, NO support personnel (consists of 4 Tank Platoons)

Repulsorlift Company - 188 troops, 220 men total, 31 repulsorlift vehicles (8 dedicated to support and command, 22 combat vehicles divided into two platoons) (consists of 2 Line Platoons and 2 Repulsorlift Platoons)

Special Missions Company - 136 troops, 164 men total, 22 scout bikes (consists of 3 Special Mission Platoons, and 1 Augmented Scout Platoon)

Scout Company - aka Troops - 116 troopers, 40 speeder bikes, command speeder for command element, (consists of 4 Scout Platoons)

That should handle companies. Hope it's what you wanted. That's all my time for now.

gmjabreson
4 December 2005, 06:06 PM
thanks grimace

gmjabreson
5 December 2005, 11:02 AM
I'll make it easier still, Need information on Sector Army level info, for both Navy and Army.

Grimace
5 December 2005, 04:28 PM
Yes, that makes it immensely easier.

Sector Army:
774,576 troops, 1,180,309 men total, 66,640 repulsorcraft, 13,992 heavy tanks

Consists of minimum of 2 Systems Armies or 2 Line Corps, 2 Mobile Corps, 2 Atrisian (Assault) Corps and 2 Armor Corps.

Naval Sector Group:
2,400 ships (24 of what are Star Destroyers), 1,600 combat starships. It doesn't list manpower present and isn't specific about what makes up a Sector Group as far as types of fleets.

gmjabreson
6 December 2005, 05:11 AM
thanks again grimace

gmjabreson
6 December 2005, 08:30 AM
I almost like my new order of battle that i've been working on for years. I've come up with more levels, a better breakdown of forces all the way to platoon level, based on actual life experiences in the service. If anyone interested in this, also came up with composition of ships and vehicles throughout the history of the Empire.

gmjabreson
8 December 2005, 06:12 AM
Now tell me if this isn't such BS. I just checked out an army corps sight. Now according to the Imperial order of battle there are 774,576 combat troops in a sector army. Yet in our army that is a corps level strength. So I am going to create a newer, better, imperial order of battle. Also in the Imperial order of battle, where do walkers fit into the equation. Are they counted as heavy tanks? You'd think they would be in their own catagory, especially the ATAT. I could go with the ATST being a heavy tank class vehicle, about the size of a tank to begin with, but an ATAT is much bigger and should have it's own catagory.

Ace Calhoon
8 December 2005, 07:41 AM
Also in the Imperial order of battle, where do walkers fit into the equation.

Figuring out things like this can be tough, because Star Wars has the irritating tendancy of taking vehicles/vessels that we would build as pure transports, reducing their capacity, and slapping a bunch of guns on them.

Take the AT-AT. It's designation implies that it's a troop transport (All Terrain Armored Transport), and the EU leads us to believe that it's the MAIN troop transport of the Empire... But it only carries 50 troops (which I'm led to believe is a small number compared to real-world vehicles) and has incredible firepower and armor.

I could go with the ATST being a heavy tank class vehicle, about the size of a tank to begin with[...]

This is another tough one. The AT-ST does have good armor and armaments, but theoretically is used for recon asignments (and transport somehow?) from time to time.

Just look at the mess we got into discussing a "realistic" complement for a VSD alone :)
http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18528&perpage=15&highlight=victory&pagenumber=2

gmjabreson
8 December 2005, 07:46 AM
I know, i was part of that discussion too. I don't think we ever resolved anything from that did we?

djas_puhr
8 December 2005, 10:37 AM
I think we need to revive both this thread and the other thread... I know I just add to it. I'll have to talk with someone else who has served in a MEU to get better information though...

Ace Calhoon
8 December 2005, 10:49 AM
I don't think we ever resolved anything from that did we?

From my memory we answered half the question. The amount of space->ground vehicles (i.e. shuttles) appeared roughly correct, but the amount of ground vehicles was still up on the air (i.e. should there be enough vehicles to carry ALL of the troops across the surface simultaneously?).

gmjabreson
8 December 2005, 04:20 PM
that is a good question, one just has to look at the passenger capacity of the other vehicles and crew capacity as well. If anything if a local population center was in the area they could comandeer the civies vehicles for transport, but i would say there would be enough vehicles for all to be moved.