PDA

View Full Version : New vehicles from Empire at War

pilnick1944
3 December 2005, 02:24 AM
So, I've been just checking out the website for the new Empire at War video game ( namely here (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swempireatwar/indexFlash.html) ) and I've found there at least one thing that I considered new.
It's a TIE Mauler ground sort of tank. With - it seems - three laser cannons. There was something along those lines in the Dark Empire on Coruscant, I think, but it looked different. And they were called TIE tanks, AFAIR. Or maybe they've just given it a new look (because the DE one was way to high for a tank-like vehicle) Any volunteers to stat this thing?
Also, in the coming up list we have some interesting tid bits like 2-M Repulsor tank... So probably finally a proper tank for the Empire. There's also an 'MPTL-2A Artillery', a 'Pod Walker', some more repulsor tanks. I don't know how about you, but I'm looking forward to seeing those babies and perhaps statting them. Thoughts?

Garan
3 December 2005, 03:11 AM
I would be more interested in the three new ships we see in the concept art section.
The first one seems to be about 550-600 meters long and looks like a moncal/nebulon kitbash. Another one is about twice as long as the corellian blockade-runner and seems build for speed and the third seems 10 times as long as a TIE so about 60 meters, maybe some kind of bigger Guardian Class Customs boat.

gmjabreson
24 May 2006, 07:57 AM
The Tie Tank in Dark Empire was either called, the Century tank, or Tie Crawler. It was designed differently than the Mauler. Also from Empire at War gameplay, the Mauler only fires one weapon, which the Century tank also only had one weapon system. I thought that was odd since the size of the Century tank and its design could easily have accommodated more weapons systems, like missiles.
But that's just me and my two credits.

kaeroth
24 May 2006, 08:30 AM
Do some of those vehicles have entries in the database over at Stawars.com? I know there are a bunch from one of the video games, and it might be Empire at War. There are ships like an Assault Frigate Mk II, a Tartan patrol cruiser, a missile boat of some kind, and then there are ground vehicles. I know there's a Tie crawler-lookin' dealio, and three (?) reb hover tanks. Maybe some other stuff?

gmjabreson
24 May 2006, 08:35 AM
yes they do. Those are the vehicles for the Empire at War.